3.8/5 (398 ratings)

About GE Washing Machines

GE appliances come with a traditional warranty, but the company also offers extended coverage with a Service Protection Advantage plan from Assurant, GE’s authorized provider of extended warranties. The plan covers parts and labor for appliance repairs for an extended period. Customers pick and choose which appliances or systems need to be covered.

GE Washing Machines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Washing Machines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Washing Machines?

Original review: May 16, 2020

Front load washer that exceeded our expectations. Quick wash option, fast spin but gentle on clothes. It is very heavy compared to other washers which helps it be stable when spinning. Great purchase and favorite washer ever.

Original review: May 16, 2020

I have had the washing machine for 8 years and never had a problem or had to put a service call in. It was part of appliances that were with the purchase of the home. The builder also gave an additional 5-year warranty on all the appliances. But as I said I never had to call GE.

Original review: May 16, 2020

Overall we've been happy with our GE washer. It gets our wash clean and is gentle on our clothes. The 2 things that have surprised me are 1. It's top loading without an agitator, but everyone threads stuck beneath the spin mechanism need to be cleaned out. 2. When using powder detergent, clothes look and smell clean when using powder (stains even come out), but there is almost always lots of powder left in the tray.

Original review: May 15, 2020

I have had continuing issues with this GE top loading washer. I was told by the technician that this model has many problems. I have only had the washer for three years, and it needs a new circuit board already.

Original review: May 15, 2020

This GE washer is really nice for a more basic washer. It has four load sizes and five wash cycles with deep rinse cycle. If you are looking for a simple, but effective washer then this is the one for you. The only thing I do miss is a time delay.

Original review: May 15, 2020

This machine, like most newer machines (no matter what the make & model) has a drawback of not providing enough water to do a great job. Although we always do a prewash with a drain and spinout of the prewash water prior to the wash cycle starring, we often have to rewash really dirty items & sports items to get out odors. The upside of the machine: Large capacity, plenty of wash choices, pre-wash cycle drains the rinse water and spins it out, no ugly buzzer but has nice chimes.??

Original review: May 15, 2020

My GE looks beautiful and stable. Clothes comes out very drained and clean and you can tumble it dry. However on my first wash I was concerned about some loud unbalance sounds and pause at the time of spin so I had to restart. My next wash was successful. I hope it's not going to be an issue in the future. All the features are great.

Original review: May 15, 2020

I am very satisfied with my washer. Not only is it very dependable, it delivers a faster wash and it’s very durable. I’m able to wash more clothes in one wash than I could before. Very glad I made the decision to purchase my GE.

Original review: May 15, 2020

I suspect the washing machine I have is on the bottom of the quality scale. Primary concern is the noise level. You can tell when it is washing. It also does not have a liquid detergent dispenser, only has one for bleach. I'm noticing the steel drum is getting 'cloudy' looking.

Original review: May 15, 2020

My GE Washing machine did everything it was supposed to do, especially in cleaning clothes and very few if any machine problems and they last years and years, mine was 15 years old. It kept surprising me because it ran so smoothly, truly cleaned my clothes and ran forever. The Dryer couldn't keep up with my old washer, had to buy a newer more expensive machine that couldn't dry at 8 years old. I loved my reliable GE washer.

Original review: May 14, 2020

I have had numerous products over the years. I love the durability of the product and my parents never bought anything else! Neither will I. I love that the company has a long history. We will remain loyal.

Original review: May 14, 2020

The machine doesn't have accurate temp control...to my idea of what it should have, there are too many settings and it's extremely noisy. It gets out of balance very easy almost as if it's too sensitive (or there's something wrong with the balancing).

Original review: May 14, 2020

I have used GE washing machines for quite some time but this is what proved their durability to me. My machine recently quit and we have an old farmhouse that I was actually raised on, It belongs to me and siblings and no one has lived in for over 10 years and still has the old appliances from my parents, (I am 62 years old) but when my machine went out my brother said let's go to our house on Main and get that washing machine out of the house, I agreed thinking it not going work, but to my surprise after I cleaned spiders and other creatures out. It worked, and still does.

Original review: May 14, 2020

Needed a washer big enough to handle a family of 7, but cheap enough that we could afford it. Purchased a Hotpoint® 3.8 cu. ft. Capacity Washer with Stainless Steel Basket last month (April 2020) and we all just LOVE it!! I even fit my king sized comforter in there! Not complicated, a couple of neat options, perfect for our family.

Original review: May 14, 2020

Overall, it is a decent quality washing machine. No major issues or breakdowns. Does a fairly good job. The washer is a little loud though. If your machine and bedrooms are on the same floor, avoid running it close to bed time.

Original review: May 14, 2020

I can't tell you how old my washing machine is- at least 20 years so I cannot complain, can I? It is not fancy but does the job. I've had to make minor repairs (lid switch and water filter replacement) but with the help of YouTube and eBay have managed to keep it running like new.

Original review: May 14, 2020

I absolutely love my new washer. It has everything I need to quickly and thoroughly wash my family's clothes. The buttons are clearly labeled and easy to identify. There are settings for just about every need, and it's easy enough for my nine year old to use. The washer saves water with its optimization feature, and the clothes come out really clean. I highly recommend this washing machine to anyone currently searching.

Original review: May 13, 2020

It gets the job done, have not had any service issues. I sometimes need to put in extra cleaning compounds to get tough stains out. Overall, it has been a good investment. We have had it for awhile so it has been

Original review: May 13, 2020

GE is a very reliable name brand with history to back it up. I’ve used their washing machines for years and only changed out once due to newer features. I had Thebes first washer for at least 10 years, maybe a little more. It only needed one part replaced, that was the capacitor, otherwise it was still usable. I am not an in depth handy person but I will read and do my research and found directions doable. Additionally, I found the service help desk very informative and that’s how I discovered it was the capacitor that had gone bad after washing clothes for so many years, and believe me, I did a lot of cycles with my kids and family. I feel I got more than my money's worth. Lastly, I’m still using their products to this day. I may not have the frequency because we are empty nesters but I still believe in their products,

Original review: May 13, 2020

Washing machine has worked for years with no problems. With 6 people in the house the washing machine gets a whole lot of work and has always worked good. I probably would buy GE again when the time comes to upgrade my machine as long as the price is good.

Original review: May 13, 2020

I LOVE this machine. It holds a huge amount of clothes and king size blankets. After using this washing machine for a month now, I believe I've been wearing dirty clothes all my life. LOL. It really does all the work. I don't even pre-treat most strains because this machine beats it out of the clothes. There are many washing options to choose from too.

Original review: May 13, 2020

I’ve had my washing machine a little over a year now and so far overall it’s a very good machine. It lacks some modern features but overall very reliable. It’s a strong machine. Can take on heavy loads just as effectively as a light load.

Original review: May 13, 2020

Love both washer and dryer machines. I had it since 2015 and functions like the first day. Small loads, bedding and all this machine is a power house. I do a load every day of the week now with the pandemic more than ever. Very reliable and I would not be able to live without both.

Original review: May 13, 2020

Each time we have a power outage, the washer must be reset. Then, the water level button must be pushed for at least 30 seconds and it still doesn't reach mfg set super wash load level. This is one of the last washing machines made with an actual agitator, so I will keep using until it won't work. Washers should last at least 10 years. This is only 3. The extended warranty was canceled and refunded due to lack of service techs in my area.

Original review: May 12, 2020

I wish that it didn't have a lock on it so I could open it when I need to. It needs a bigger tub so I can get more or bigger loads in it.

Original review: May 12, 2020

The GE washing machine is nice because it washes the clothes really well. It cleans very well. You can program the washing machine so it fills up with water automatically depending on the amount of clothes which is a good feature. You don't have to program the water level every time you put in a load. The negative thing is that sometimes if you need to add more clothes once you've turned it on the door gets locked and it becomes very difficult to actually get the door to unlock so you can open the door. I've tried turning the washing machine off and there is a wait for the door to unlock and sometimes you have to turn it on and off a couple of times so it unlocks. I recommended the GE washing machine highly.

Original review: May 12, 2020

We wanted a simple top loader and found the GE meets our needs very well. It has been very reliable for the last ten years, needing only one repair which was simple and inexpensive. Based on my experience with this washer I'll definitely buy GE again.

Original review: May 12, 2020

The washing machine is extremely easy to get unbalanced and it sounds like the house is falling down. It can also be very difficult to determine how much detergent is optimal- both too much and too little detergent leave the laundry with a weird white powdery coating. For the most part though everything works great! No complaints about the dryer!

Original review: May 12, 2020

We have owned our machine for over 6 years and it continues to perform flawlessly. It cleans well, is quiet and has proven reliable after frequent use. We would buy it again. The machine is a large capacity top loader agitator.

Original review: May 12, 2020

It a GE washer and dryer. Washer is an A+++ product and dryer works Great???? It's a upright dryer on top with washer on the bottom???? Only problem is when washer finishes you open the door over your a it hits you in the head moving clothes from washer to dryer. Can't win them all!

GE Washing Machines Company Information