GE Ranges

GE Ranges

4.0/5 (500 ratings)

About GE Ranges

GE appliances come with a traditional warranty, but the company also offers extended coverage with a Service Protection Advantage plan from Assurant, GE’s authorized provider of extended warranties. The plan covers parts and labor for appliance repairs for an extended period. Customers pick and choose which appliances or systems need to be covered.

GE Ranges Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Ranges?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Washing Machines?

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

I never had a gas cooktop until this GE range. Now I never want to go back to electric. I love that the control nobs are off to the side and out of my way. I also like having 3 sizes of burners. The lightweight grates make it a breeze to clean.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

Very easy to use. Great brand. Won’t have any problematic issues with it and so on. I would recommend GE ranges to any new homes owners looking to get an oven or stove. GE is the right brand to get and you will definitely get your money worth.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

I really enjoy cooking and my GE Range makes it even more enjoyable. I love how user friendly it is and I especially love that it's so easy to clean my glass flat surface stovetop. The oven heats perfectly even and spills clean up very well with the self cleaning oven.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

I had bought the GE Cafe Line of appliances back in 2009 when my kitchen was being remodeled. I was so happy with it. When I relocated to the mid-west, there was a different brand in the house we bought and I hated it. A few years later, we had water damage in the kitchen and had to remove all the flooring. We decided to upgrade our stove with another GE Cafe slide in range. I just love it!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

I purchased my GE electric range about 5 years ago and was excited to have a glass top range (mostly for the clean look!). I also purchased a matching GE microwave to update my kitchen at that time. (A few years later I purchased a GE dishwasher which I also love.) I am very happy with all of these appliances - they work well without exception and gave my kitchen a clean, updated look.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

I didn't buy this glass top stove, it was here. Was dubious about a glass top, but it's pretty good. I still prefer gas, but stuck with this. Heats up pretty quickly and cools down slowly so you can conserve electricity by turning it off before you are done cooking.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

GE has always carry good durable products. Their new ranges are sleek, tech savvy and very user friendly. The prices vary depending on need and budget. They have a great customer service department.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

I have a double oven which I love. The upper oven is smaller and is quicker to heat and I don't have to bend over so far to remove items. The stove has a wifi option to alert you when baking/cooking is done. An internal thermometer in the lower oven with an exterior digital read on the panel of the stove which is a bonus, you don't have to keep opening the oven door and cooling it to insert /read the internal temp of what you are roasting. A five burner stove top with a griddle in the center is a plus. Two burners are smaller with simmer options.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

I love my GE range. The only criticism I have is after only 1 year the front large burner element stopped working. The convection oven feature is awesome, and I use it all the time. I would recommend a GE range, and will most likely buy another GE range when it is necessary to replace.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

My GE electric cooktop range is easy to operate, provides consistent heating, and has functioned well over the years. The cooktop is easy to maintain, resists scratching (not scratch proof), and responds well to cooktop cleansers.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

My Stove has been very reliable for 10+ years. I use the speed bake often & the fan really moves the hot air, I believe this keeps the bottom of my dish from receiving most of the heat - and the top of my dish is able to brown/cook faster. The preheat for the oven is fairly quick compared to other brands I've owned. The stovetop has 4 flattop heating elements & a keep warm option, all have been reliable and consistent. Cleaning the flattop is as expected - use a commercial brand cleaner exclusively for this use.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

I have a GE Profile electric stove and the burners take a long time to heat up. I've had them replaced like 3 times and still does not work well. It is very hard to keep the surface clean and I often think the oven doesnt heat up correctly.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

The top of the glass stove gets way too hot and everything gets burnt even on low heat, oven door is very hard to open and does not have much room to store lids etc, oven is hard to clean and remove racks to get in oven. Would not buy again.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

Love my GE Aurora range in the slate color. It has the convection feature which allowed me to roast a 20# turkey in less than 2-1/2 hours. The glass top is great and cleans up easily. Controls are easy to read. Bake preheat is also easy to set.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

I'm still using the Profile suite that came with my house when it was built 9 years ago. I can't complain at all - it works and is sturdy, easy to use and reliable. I've always liked GE products even though they are very expensive and not so pretty - but quality over bells and whistles always rule out for me. I'm practical and like the bang for my buck!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

My GE Spectra range/oven has lasted for 15+ years. It has the glass stovetop which I had to learn to use but did not take long for me to be cooking my southern recipes! The self-cleaning oven has been an essential part of cooking/baking in my kitchen. I have been very pleased with this purchase and would buy this brand again! Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

Oven - thought this appliance would last us the rest of our lives. Started getting spider webs between the glass door panels almost immediately. Then the oven stayed hot after it was turned off. Called for repair and was told to not use the top oven anymore. It was just out of warranty. It would have cost nearly as much as a new over to repair it. Now I have one oven. I reached out to GE on several problems and was told that I did not have an account with them - recorded message. No way to get in touch with them. My oven & refrigerator in my newish kitchen are a huge disappointment.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

The stove top is fine (This is an electric model), although when I watch the "rings" heat up & turn red, it isn't even, or all the way to the edge. The oven is the big issue. It takes forever to get to temperature. Very frustrating, especially if you want to cook a pizza or something that only takes 10-15 minutes to cook, because it takes that long for the oven to get up to temperature. On the plus side, I like the way the top lifts up & has supports on both sides for easy cleaning under cook-top.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

I’ve had my GE Profile for 14 years. It still works fine. It is hard to keep clean because of the glass top. I would prefer gas. Appliances are not made to last like they used to be, however this one has held up to the test of time.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

First of all we do like the design. Secondly, we like the burner arrangement and the utilization of a glass top. The oven ranks high for its ability to bake and broil at speeds that don't over or under heat the dish so that the food being prepared comes out just right. Not the least is the storage drawer below the tv oven. Lastly, the oven is self-cleaning. All in all, GE has done exceptionally well with our model.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

My GE stove has been very reliable and easy to use. Oven temperature very reliable. The burners are easy to adjust and the broiler works great. Easy to clean. It is my first time with a gas stove instead of electric and it is definitely more economical. I also think the burners adjust the heat better than the electric. I am very happy with it and would buy again.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

I bought our GE range 3 months ago and could not be happier. This range heats to the correct temperature. This is the first one that I have ever bought that heats to the correct temperature. This one has the flat top elements and they work GREAT. I would recommend this oven to my family and friends.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

It's a functional working range, but that's all. Faulty ignition on the stovetop almost from when it was new-- most of the burners light fine but there's one I often have to light with a match and, annoying, non-intuitive controls. The oven, e.g.: when you turn it on, the temp. is 350; you push an up or down button to increase or decrease the temperature and it changes in five-degree increments. So if you want a low oven, say, you have to stand with your finger on the button all the way from 350 to 200. Waste of time! On the KitchenAid stove I had before, I could enter the temp I wanted on a keypad and that was that. Bad design. That said, I can cook with the stove fine... Just don't like it much.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

Ceramic cooktop gets dirty easily and does not clean well always even with using ceramic top cleaner. Also, spills get inside between the glass doors and cannot be cleaned (although I have heard that the door can be taken apart to clean- but that is way too much complicated).

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

I am using a GE electric range. I have had no major problems with it. I am renting, so the range was already here. The only problem I am having is the oven temperature, it is not correct. I have tried to gauge it, but couldn't, but it works fine.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

I love my GE range. It’s very user friendly. The only thing I wish they could change is the glass window for the oven. If a little water or steam gets inside, it’s impossible to clean it. I’m not sure if other ovens have the same issue. It’s the first time I’ve ever experienced it.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2021

We have never had any problems with our GE glass top range/oven over the past 10 years since it was new. I would purchase a GE range/oven again. We are extremely satisfied with the quality and performance of our range/oven as it is easy to clean and still looks new after 10 years of use.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2021

Good styling, I like the convection and the stovetop. So far very dependable, good instrumentation and very easy to operate. Good timer function for kitchen timer and oven timer is very handy when baking.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2021

I just recently purchased my GE stove and I absolutely love it. It is not the fanciest of new stoves but it is smooth top with 4 burners and a warming element. I also enjoy the fact that even though it is digital it is very simple to operate and understand. I also like that it is a convection oven and self cleaning with locking oven door. The only thing I can say about the product that I am disappointed with is the fact that I buy a brand new stove and it comes with simple operating instructions but it did not come with the complete manual. That has to be downloaded on a computer and there are still few people in the world that do not own a computer. All in all I would rate my GE stove 4.5 out of 5 stars.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2021

I did not give a ton of thought. I was just replacing my old stove. It is your basic electric stove, I’ve had it about 2 years. Works very well. Top has 2 large burners and 2 smaller burners. Easy enough to clean. White in color. Not much more needs to be said. Except this one is self cleaning. Yeah!

GE Ranges Company Information