Find a Dishwashers partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About GE Dishwashers

GE appliances come with a traditional warranty, but the company also offers extended coverage with a Service Protection Advantage plan from Assurant, GE’s authorized provider of extended warranties. The plan covers parts and labor for appliance repairs for an extended period. Customers pick and choose which appliances or systems need to be covered.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

GE Dishwashers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Dishwashers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Washing Machines?

Original review: March 28, 2021

We bought a new GE dishwasher 28 APR 2020. I noticed it wasn't working right about 5 months later. We are just over 1 month from the end of the warranty. The store where we bought it has been fantastic, but they've been out 5 times to try to fix this sucker and they can't. GE told ME they would replace it if the store called to say they couldn't fix it, but when the store called, they refused. They're sending the repair guy out yet again one week before the warranty expires so he can call them and they'll talk about it while he's here. I'll never buy another GE appliance again.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2021

First, I want to acknowledge that I misplaced my receipt due to a move, 8 storage units and 4 houses. But...I did register my new, never before installed dishwasher when it was installed October 2020. After install I ran it empty to test/clean it. IT LEAKED. I called GE to schedule repair. I was told it was manufactured in 2018 (another said 2019) and it was not under warranty. I explained I purchased it only a few months before and installation was delayed due to my contractors. They said I would have to pay for labor but the parts were covered under warranty. I didn't like it but agreed because I couldn't find the receipt (from a big box store).

Local repair people came, after 2 more calls, 3 weeks later and fixed the leak. They did not run or check if anything else was wrong with the dishwasher. I began using it and quickly realized that it did not get the dishes clean. It does not heat the water, it does not dry, it can't possibly sanitize without heat and kitchen installer said it was missing the kick plate. Geez!! And this is just the things I know!! I have called 4 times now to schedule a service repair, each time having to explained the whole thing, sit on hold, ask to speak to a supervisor, be transferred to customer service and 4 times I have been DISCONNECTED!! I bought all GE appliances so they would match but I would give anything if I didn't have to deal with GE again!! Unfortunately, I will have to call again Monday or buy a different brand. Save yourself and buy another brand!!! Wish I could submit a picture.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2021

Twenty years plus and it's still going, made in the USA. It might not be very energy efficient, but it gets a full load of plates, glasses and utensils for a family of six clean in about 45 minutes. No fancy controls, but it gets the job done.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

I have been using GE appliances for years, they are made well, last forever & are in a good price point, my current dishwasher & stove are the original from when my unit was built & they are 37 years old & still going strong.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

Harder to install than others. Does not have a rack on top for cooking utensils (spatula, etc). Would like to have this as it is very convenient. Love the Slate color & have not been able to really get it installed correctly for use.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

My dishwasher does an excellent job - it's a bit slow, but it gets the job done reliably. It is probably slow only because it's old and somewhat tired...It does a great job cleaning off remains on dishes, which is not always the case. It doesn't fail me.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

This dishwasher is cheaply constructed with a plastic interior. It is so loud that we run it when we are away. It's impossible to watch TV while this thing is running. Also the dishes come out with a film on them. Not happy with the low grade appliance at all.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

It doesn’t do the best job of cleaning without rinsing first. Start button is difficult to operate and plastic membrane worn through. Both shelves began rusting within a few years. But no mechanical/electronic issues ever.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

Have had my GE dishwasher for 15 years. Had initial problem with inner liner pulling away but got GE to replace unit. Has worked fine ever since. Nothing fancy just gets the dishes clean. Would have liked a bit more adjustability with the shelves.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2021

I purchased a this GE Model CDT845P2NS1 on Oct 2, 2019 and the unit was received Oct 23, 2019. I installed the unit approx. 4 days after receipt and dishwasher functioned well until November 10th, 2020 when the unit failed to pump out the water. I contacted GE Service (MabeService) and was advised that the unit was not under warranty and as such I should contact a GE Canada authorized service centre.

After several attempts to get someone to come to our location at Sharbot Lake we got hold of Capital Appliance Repair in Ottawa. They were not able to send a technician until November 18th. After diagnosing the problem the technician advised we needed a main control board and would have to order one and then come back to do the install of the control board. It is now February 21st 3 months after the visit and I’m being told that the part is backordered and they have no idea when it will become available. I’m extremely unhappy when you spend over $7,000.00 for a GE CAFÉ gas stove, Microwave, Refrigerator and dishwasher to find out you cannot get parts in a timely manner. As a customer of GE Canada I have had no help is solving my problem. It is not acceptable to have a 1 year old dishwasher that has failed, much less waiting for repair that has taken over 90 days to get repaired. DO NOT BUY!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2021

My GE dishwasher is just OK, I would say. It saves water and money. It is fairly efficient to load and pretty effective at washing on normal but many times I need to hand wash the big or hardened food off the dishes before loading, which feels like more work than should be necessary. I'd rather not wash my dishes twice.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

Purchased my GE Profile series dishwasher several years ago and it has served me well over countless cycles. There have been a couple of occasions that it required repairs (water leaking) but had been done so under warranty conducted by an actual GE tech. When this unit finally reaches its usable service life I’m most likely to consider a GE unit again.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

We have had the dishwasher for 4 years, and the dishwasher went out twice, the refrigerator also went out a few times. They just don't make stuff like they used to. To make matters worse it sounds like the fridge is getting louder and louder and I don't want to call the to call the techs back out.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

GE has always put out a quality product. Their appliances are capable of enduring performance through generations. These appliances are of high quality, high performance, smart technology and beautiful.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

Dishwasher lasted just little over a year when it broke down first time. Power switch made out soft plastic jammed up. Next cheaply made door close switch cracked. Part prices are average price. Because poor quality, I predict replacing this within 3-5 years.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

I recommend GE dishwasher to anyone that wants to purchase a dishwasher. This dishwasher is so convenient after a long day of working coming home not having to wash dishes is a luxury. I love the color, the size and simplicity of being able to use it. Don't let this brand pass you by. GE is the way to go anytime you want to purchase a dishwasher.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

My GE Profile Dishwasher is a "plain Jane" without the bells and whistles, yet is a trusted, working appliance. Honestly, the only beef I have with this model is that plastic articles do not dry completely unless placing the controls on "Heated Dry," and leaving the dishes in the dishwasher for the entire drying cycle. I have had my kids place some dishes in the dishwasher, caked in day old food. I left the plates in the dishwasher, hoping to teach my kids a lesson about rinsing off their dishes before placing them in. Imagine my surprise when after running the dishwasher through its normal cycle, the plates came out spotlessly clean! Impressive!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

I have the GE Monogram series dishwasher. This machine has some great features. It lights up when the door is open. It is the quietest dishwasher I have ever owned. The only negative that I see is, it is slightly small on the inside.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

This is a work horse of a machine. I have been using it for 12+ years. Not my first choice, but it was here when I moved in. Still going strong. So why change now, when it's doing its job. My first dishwasher choice would have been a Bosch, because they are so quiet.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

GE models PDT750SSF1SS purchased for new home May 2014 has been an excellent unit. For price much quieter than expected and does a great job on a full load in the normal cycle. Builder had a kitchen design glitch due to protruding handle which required an installation modification. He planned for builders grade appliances that were flush front. The stainless interior and ease of cleaning screens etc. make this unit a delight to use.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

This dishwasher was in the home we bought and it's just not a good one at all. We don't like the settings.. We don't like the size. We've seen better settings on other dishwashers when shopping around and pricing for a better one.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

The dishwasher works well. We have had it a year with no problems, using it about 4 days a week. If there is anything negative it would be that one cannot let dishes sit in the dishwasher for more than 48 hours before washing them or the hardened material will not come clean.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

Our General Electric Dishwasher does a very good job of cleaning and drying our dishes. It does these jobs very quickly and quietly. We have had it for about 5 years without any problems or repairs. I would recommend our dishwasher the General Electric Profile for home use. Several of our friends and neighbors recommended this dishwasher when we bought it.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

My dishwasher came with the home when we purchased it, and we did not see any good reason to replace it. It is a standard model, with a nice stainless steel interior. We have had no problems with it and plan to use it until it fails. I would like to have the upgrade model in a new home. This one does a good job washing the dishes.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

I have no idea how long it has been in this house but I bought the home 11 years ago and it’s still going strong. I do have to clean it on occasion. And I use jet dry with every use. And occasionally do buy a dishwasher cleaner.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

Dishwasher works great, I just wish it was a little bigger. I usually have to work hard to get everything I have to wash into one load. But if I could give it a 4.75, I would, because dishes are spotless when I remove them.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

The dishwasher runs and works very well. It washes all dishes, pots, pans, glasses and silverware great. We've never had any problems with this dishwasher thus far. I would recommend this dishwasher to anyone in the market.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

We had to replace our dishwasher a few months ago and we got a GE Dishwasher and we could not be happier. This unit cleans so much better and seems to take a lot less time to do a full load. I would recommend GE to my family and friends.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

I've had this stainless steel GE Dishwasher model GDF645SMONES with the controls in the front for nearly a year. The dishwasher constantly comes on with the slightest accidental touch. However the buttons that control the cycle settings are extremely difficult to operate to cancel the lock or delay hours features. I have to literally bang on the buttons to get a response. My thumbs are now sore from the constant pushing to cancel that lock and delay features that came on accidentally. Once locked, good luck in canceling anything. I'm so disgusted with this $600 dishwasher. Complaints to GE and the so-called warranty company that turned out to be one and the same, have fallen on deaf ears from the day I got it. Do yourself a huge favor, do NOT buy this dishwasher. Customer service is awful.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

I love my GE dishwasher with sanitizing. It works great at cleaning, drying and sanitizing my dishes and it’s really quiet. I love the stainless steel. I forget it’s on at times because it’s so quiet. Happy with it.

GE Dishwashers Company Information