3.3/5 (15 ratings)

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Galanz Microwaves Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Galanz Microwaves?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Galanz Microwaves?

Original review: Feb. 11, 2022

I bought this microwave with convection oven and air fryer for a small apartment in our boathouse. It only gets used for three months in the summer. We used this for just one summer, but had bought it in the fall of 2020. I took it into a microwave repair shop since they told me it was just past the warranty period. The code on microwave says inverter not communicating and the repairman said we need a new inverter, but Galanz says there isn’t an inverter in it, and cannot buy the parts to fix it. They said a microwave is just usually thrown away and just go buy a new one. Worst company I have ever dealt with. Do Not Buy this brand.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

We found this microwave to be very disappointing. Unfortunately there weren’t a lot of in-store options available. (You get what you pay for.) It heats unevenly and you’re not able to key in a specific time (only in increments of 10 seconds). We’ll definitely be returning this item.

Get buying tips about Microwaves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

This microwave performs well. No problems. We have had lots of different types of microwaves. This one works as well as any we have ever had. The microwave heats evenly and the setting are easy to use. I would recommend this microwave to anyone looking for something that works well.

Original review: June 12, 2021

Less than 3 weeks after purchase controls stopped working. Do not be fooled by their website. No company that would manufacture this piece of junk would have any interest in providing real customer service.

Original review: March 28, 2021

I replaced a professional series microwave with the Galanz convection microwave with air fryer. I almost never turn on my oven anymore. I really love this unit and am trying to find a way to install it in my fifth wheel. It cooks everything beautifully no matter what method is used. I need a built in model Galanz! Please.

Original review: March 11, 2019

At first satisfied. After a 1 yr 2 1/2 months, distraught: I noticed about 6 months into using the microwave there was a dark brown circle under the microwave plate that I could not clean. Then I started noticing rust spots under the burnt brown circle and various places inside, but it still worked, until 03/10/19. I went to use it for a microwavable sweet potato and I heard an unusual noise. I stopped it, removed potato, reprogrammed and started again, that's when flames, sparks and a funny noise started. I immediately stopped it again and unplugged it. In calling 800 number I was advised that there was only one year for warranty and for me to contact Galanz Americas LTD. I felt Oster should be contacted since their name is on a product that is detrimental to society now that I was reviewed a lot of other unsolved complaints. I'm not happy to have a product just over 1 year and not being offered some kind of credit, other than you are sorry. Bad customer service!

Original review: April 10, 2018

Put a cup of water in a microwavable container last night, after a few seconds, the screen started to shoot sparks which quickly became flames. I unplugged right away. Will be throwing this out and NEVER plan on purchasing a Galanz microwave again - Thank God I remained in kitchen and caught it when I did.

Original review: May 30, 2017

The microwave does not take up a lot of space. It has all the bells and whistles of a bigger microwave. Ours is a 600 watt microwave. It's great from warming things up, making popcorn, cooking smaller frozen meals. It is very simple to use and the setting are very self explanatory. There never complications. It's cooks, and heats everything as stated. We've had this particular microwave since 2006. I love it! I only wish I had a larger watt microwave. Some of the frozen meals we do get for lunches normally need to cook on high in a 1000 watt microwave.

Original review: May 26, 2017

The microwave was very simple and easy to set up. I had no real trouble to it, and it meets my expectations. It's reliable and has a nice look to it. It's relatively simple to use, and does its job right. It's also loud when your food is done, so if I'm in another room, I can at least hear when my food is ready. A popcorn setting on it would be cool though, and maybe a way to make it more energy efficient would suit my needs.

Original review: May 25, 2017

The microwave is affordable and it seems to last a long time in my experience with the product. It is easy to clean and is easy to take care of. I haven't had any problems with it so far. I didn't set it up myself. It came with the house when we purchased it and it's not complicated to use at all. Some microwaves put way too much information on them. It should be easy and this one is. The look is a little cheap. Even though I buy it because it costs less, some of the buttons and things look outdated. I like a more streamlined look, smaller numbers so it doesn't look junky.

Galanz Microwaves Company Information