4.20/5
Based on 1,199 ratings submitted in the last year

Need a home alarm?

Frontpoint

Frontpoint does home security differently. By offering complete protection coupled with truly genuine and helpful service, Frontpoint gives customers everything they need and nothing they don’t. All Frontpoint customers get a personalized security solution designed to not only make them feel safe, but feel good, as well.

Every Frontpoint system comes with 100% wireless equipment and 100% cellular monitoring, for no extra charge. Cellular monitoring means a more reliable connection between the home and monitoring center, and wireless means no lines for burglars to cut. Frontpoint also works with you to ensure that every system is customized to fit every customer’s unique home and lifestyle needs. Frontpoint systems are also refreshingly simple, allowing for customers to set up, move or expand systems on their own, at any time.

In addition to intrusion, all Frontpoint monitoring plans include protection against fire, flood, freeze, carbon monoxide and medical emergencies. Also, advanced technology such as remote online access, free mobile apps keep customers in touch and in control at all times, no matter where they are. When consumers compare Frontpoint to the competition, it’s easy to see just what makes them stand out.

View More View More

Need a home alarm?

7678 Frontpoint Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 23, 2019

I didn't have any issues with the service I received until I decided to cancel my service when I bundled my security system, internet, and cable. I figured I had a few months left on my contract since I was just shy of two years. Apparently their contracts are three years where my other services were only two years. I was told I would have to pay for 15 months of service after my 30 day written cancellation notice was received and I would be billed one more month. I was told I owed them over $400. When asked if I could split the charge over two months I was told no.

They went ahead and charged my card the $415 the next day causing my account to overdraft. They didn't wait 30 days to process the payment even though I was told I had to give 30 days written notice. While on the phone during my actual attempt to cancel, I asked to speak to a supervisor and was basically told no because a supervisor would just tell me the same thing. I finally got a supervisor and he was not willing to work with me whatsoever. When I asked to speak to someone in the corporate office again I was told no and that no one higher than the supervisor would help me.

I could have accepted paying $200 or so for terminating before my contract was up, but $400??? Also when the new company disconnected Frontpoint, I never received a call or notification that my alarm system had been disconnected so I have to wonder if they were really monitoring my system. Very disappointed with how they handled this process and $400 is a ripoff especially when they take your money right away for the cancellation.

Original review: March 23, 2019

I needed a home security system and got one from Frontpoint. They were cheaper than the other companies and they also came up number one when I googled the best home security system. Their sales reps were a little pushy and I didn't like that. But during the installation, the reps were helpful. I didn't understand the installation at first but I got through it alright. The quality of the system is okay, and the cost is great.

Frontpoint seems to be a reputable company but they let you test a couple of things for a couple of months and I didn't know that it didn't come with the service. So, everything costs something and it didn't matter. I had to call them and ask them about it. I see one thing on the screen and then I don't see it anymore. I got confused. I thought something was wrong with it. But they were just letting me test it and nobody told me that. That's one thing they should tell people. I didn't get what I'm paying for. But overall, I don't have a problem with the system from Frontpoint.

Original review: March 22, 2019

We live in Denver and people usually have security systems here. We found Frontpoint as the top-listed provider online on a couple different sites. It also had a bunch of services that we needed, like the ability to use the phone to turn the system on and off from a distance. We have memory issues with one of the people in our house and it is great as it is simple enough for him since he does not have to press a whole bunch of different keys and symbols in order to get it turned off.

It is interesting to have my phone ring if the door opens by mistake, and the alarm goes off because somebody forgot the alarm was on. It is also good to know that we are getting notifications right away when it opens. It is great as it chimes my phone very quickly and the response time has been good generally. The people at Frontpoint are really nice. The person who helped me purchased it was really helpful, walked me through it and followed up with the calls. He also made sure that everything got to me okay and everything arrived really quickly. Tthe system was easy to set up. We definitely feel more secure since we've had Frontpoint.

Original review: March 22, 2019

We moved into an apartment and I figured that since Frontpoint was already installed, it was easier to just transfer the stuff over to my name. However, for whatever reason, it was more complicated than that. We had to get a whole new control box, pay a fee to do that and it was a pain. But since then, it has been good so far. Plus, being able to turn it on and off through my phone is a good feature.

Original review: March 22, 2019

I had Vivint security for 10 years. Recently however, I was robbed. My home was burglarized and I was impressed because the thieves had torn the panel off the wall and smashed it, but the security system never alarmed the company. I did some research which told me that with Frontpoint if the panel was smashed, it would show that it was tampered with. It would notify the company which would also notify me. So, their sales rep got me to buy their product.

I'm not tech-savvy so during the installation of the system, I called, and they helped me set it up. I like that I can turn the alarm on and off through mobile. I leave before my husband, and then he tells me what time to set the alarm when he leaves the house. Both of my girls have cell phones, so they can turn it off and on through their phones as well. I've recommended Frontpoint to a couple of friends and my coworkers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Original review: March 21, 2019

Three weeks so far and very happy with Customer+Tech support people working with me on the other end. Nothing like Brinks representatives. Frontpoint was VERY professional, patient and courteous so far. They made me feel that they truly care and wanted to help do this or do that. Excellent Job So Far CEOs!!! Thank You.

Original review: March 21, 2019

Everything has been great with Frontpoint, although it is way more expensive like I wish I had found SimpliSafe first. I wish the cameras and camera doorbell were more affordable. But other than it is more expensive than any other service, I don’t really have a problem with it. I’ve only had it for nine months, so they haven’t raised the cost on me, but if they raise it, that’s when I’m gonna drop it because SimpliSafe is $15 a month and the service is equally as good. Frontpoint's customer service has been fine. The system has gone off and their response time was very good and very quick, although the police had a hard time finding my home the first time that it happened because I’m in a gated community and the address that was on file was my box number.

Our Pick
      ConsumerAffairs RecommendedProtect America
      Original review: March 21, 2019

The Frontpoint system is all self-install and it wasn’t too difficult. The directions included were accurate for the most part and when we had a few things that we had to resolve, they helped and everything was positive. They need to add more memory as far as the security features and the recording though. We had to customize our package to what we needed but the features that we went with seems to be working. The smartphone feature works fine, too. The cost is also out there with what the market rate is.

Original review: March 20, 2019

It called the police for us once. That was good. Turns out the sensor was just too cold. Embarrassing. Everything else sucks too. The door sensors were ok at best. Yes, I installed them correctly Frontpoint. The motion sensors are completely worthless if it gets too humid or cold in your garage. They have about a one month life span and keep constantly setting off the alarm. Did you know that some people don’t have heated garages Frontpoint? The control panel has a battery in it. Rechargeable right? No. Let your system come unplugged for a night and endure what comes next. Constant low battery warnings on the app. If it is rechargeable then it doesn’t work like advertised.

What I have mentioned thus far would still allow a mediocre rating but the customer service blows. Try calling at midnight to get a new battery sent to your house for the control panel. You will be disappointed. Security is important but not to them. Our house flooded and we had to evacuate. Keep in mind our house is ruined. We wanted to cancel the last 4 months of our contract. That might seem a little shady to a person who doesn’t have a heart. We have years of financial difficulties ahead of us now and Frontpoint can’t let 4 measly months of payments go. That’s cold hearted. Thanks for nothing. If for some reason you still want to go with Frontpoint only get door open sensors. The rest is trash. They post reviews on their website but I still haven’t found where I can write my review.

Original review: March 20, 2019

Performance-wise, Frontpoint is almost the same as my previous security provider, ADT. Frontpoint tries very hard in providing good customer service. For people that are easy around technology, Frontpoint is fine. If I had my mom buying a new house, I will never recommend Frontpoint for her. The customer service that ADT provides will be an advantage for somebody like her.

It makes a difference when you are going to install the system. If you go with ADT and you wanna place the keyboard in a wall, but you don’t want any cables or wires exposed, the installer will make it happen for you at no cost. I needed to hire a subcontractor to make that happen for me because Frontpoint was not there for that. You also need to program your own keyboard and you need to put your devices on the wall. Whatever you are gonna put in yourself, you need to have an understanding of how Frontpoint's security system works if you wanna have an efficient installation of the device. If it were my mom, then there is no way for her to do it. She doesn’t have the understanding or the ability to do it herself. But the system is fine. I liked the Benco better, but the one I have is fine as well. I have an alarm system, so I have the peace of mind to know that the house is armed or not or whoever is in. It is good.

Original review: March 20, 2019

I'm a new homebuyer but I grew up with a home security system and I figured I would have one myself. I did some research and I read the reviews and at that time, Frontpoint had the best reviews with the best price. The installation was very simple. My favorite feature was the app when I had it. It was great to see and do, but I couldn't even log into it anymore. Still, Frontpoint has been good so far.

Original review: March 20, 2019

I was getting rid of Comcast because Comcast couldn’t send fire alarms to the fire department. I then decided to go with Frontpoint. The interaction was okay as far as setting up the installation with Frontpoint was concerned. They mailed their product, I followed the instructions and set it up. I contacted their customer service when the stickies on the equipment didn't stick very well and a couple of them fell off and broke. Frontpoint sent me a new one, and I got more stickies.

Original review: March 19, 2019

My wife was feeling insecure, so I looked online for a security system. We have blackouts here occasionally because we’re in the woods, in the country and I liked that the Frontpoint system doesn’t go down when the wires are cut and the electricity stops. I went with a basic package with the doorbell but I wish there was at least a two-package special deal because theirs is a little expensive. Also, I did the installation and I had two questions on how to set it up, but that was no big deal. I was gonna call up because the system got unplugged and it went down for a moment which was weird. It was supposed to stay on. Other than that, it’s okay and the system's smartphone features are pretty cool. I’m satisfied with Frontpoint.

Original review: March 19, 2019

Frontpoint had a streamlined process for how they called us back very quickly. We put in a request online and they called us back within an hour. The person that we spoke to on the phone was really helpful. He was very informative about what the company offered and he helped us to tailor the equipment that we needed based on our lifestyle and our house. He didn’t try to sell us things that weren’t necessary. Not every company is like that. Plus, he was super friendly and he took a lot of time to work with us to make sure that we got all the stuff that we needed.

My husband did the installation and it did not take him very long at all. We were actually in the process of doing some renovation, so we installed the Frontpoint equipment before we had the work done so that we would make sure that our house was secure while we were having contractors in and out. Then, we had to take some of the equipment down just to accommodate the renovation and we reinstalled it and that was really easy to do too. There were a couple of power outages and we get notifications for those but there were no weird false alarms. We were having some construction done in our house, so the glass break sensors would go off a lot. We just turned them off for the time that we were having the hammering happening.

We use the app on our phone all the time and we love it. I’m glad that we upgraded to that because we definitely use it more often and it helps us to use the system more because we don’t always remember to arm it until after we’re gone. If we only have the key fob, the system wouldn’t really be used as much. When we’re heading out for the evening, we can just arm and disarm it when we need to. There’s peace of mind knowing that we can turn it off for our neighbor to come in to let our dogs out and then turn it right back on. My husband travels for work and having a security system helps me feel a lot more comfortable when I’m on my own during the week.

Original review: March 18, 2019

Frontpoint’s 30 day cancellation policy is very misleading. I’ve been a long time customer, and I was no longer in a contract but month to month. I had quickly sold my house, and I was waiting until I knew with certainty that we were going to settlement. On February 10th, I called to cancel and I was told I had to pay for the rest of February and for the FULL month of March. To add to my frustration, I was told if the buyer took over my account, the buyer would NOT be charged for March, and I would receive a full refund. If they were willing to give me a full refund for one month if they got a new customer, why couldn’t they prorate March’s payment so I was only paying for 30 days. Apparently, there is no consideration for being a long time, loyal customer! How infuriating!

Original review: March 18, 2019

We have always lived in an area that I was familiar with and where we felt comfortable. Plus, I knew my neighbors well. So, when we moved in our first purchased home, I didn't know the area nor the neighbors. I went back and forth between Arlo, Nest or an actual home security and I ended up going with Frontpoint for the deals that came through. Also, the previous homeowner had a Frontpoint sticker on the house so I looked it up and their reviews were high and most of the ratings were about their customer service. I was going to go with home surveillance cameras and the gentleman I spoke with initially answered and helped me order my package. He had the best service and I went with Frontpoint mainly because of him.

I was told that everything would come labeled and it was. The installation was easy and we installed the system within a couple of minutes. However, the smoke detector went off four times. My husband cooks with his cast iron so I will probably move the smoke detector because it tends to sound off. Frontpoint’s original cost looked quite more expensive than the competitors but once you add all the things that you would have package-wise for Frontpoint versus ADT, it's the same price. So, it’s 100% Frontpoint.

Original review: March 18, 2019

Our insurance company gave us a discount if we use Frontpoint, and Frontpoint was competitive in all of the other places here. I've had very good interactions with their reps, and installation was very easy. We're new with all this still, and we use the smartphone feature the most. I've been happy with the cost of the system and I'm 100% satisfied with all of the features that are offered in my package.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I researched online and Frontpoint was rated high for customer service and equipment. When I was first setting the system up, their reps were helpful. They made it simple. I’m in construction, so the installation wasn’t a big deal. On the edge of the doors though, it has a certain type of trim that the sensors don’t sit well. So, I had to chip out a little bit off of my door trim to get the sensor flush and for it to work. Also, when the door slams, some of the sensors that are on the wall fall off. I have to get new adhesive to make them stick on there. Frontpoint also didn’t offer any kind of security camera. I asked and they said that they don’t do security cameras which was a big deal for me. I had to go with someone else for that. Still, my Frontpoint system has changed my sense of security. I’ve also learned how to use the smartphone features which are pretty simple.

Original review: March 17, 2019

We’ve had a terrible experience with Frontpoint. Their service team is non responsive and difficult to get in touch with. To add insult to injury they don’t even process requests. We sold the house and tried transfer the system and they dropped the ball again. After many calls we moved forward with a different, more reliable and responsive security system. The worst part is...they still are charging us even though we’ve attempted to cancel multiple occasions. I would definitely recommend against Frontpoint.

Original review: March 17, 2019

I very recently switched to Frontpoint because I was having problems with my prior alarm company (Brinks). The Frontpoint salesman told me that the problems I was experiencing with Brinks wouldn't occur with their system because it was completely cellular. I did the 30-day trial period, and the system seemed adequate for my needs. After the first month, though, I started experiencing problems with the equipment. Every time a sensor fails, I call customer support and they suggest a fix that seems to work temporarily -- and then, a few weeks later, something else fails.

It's true that Frontpoint customer service is much better to deal with than that of other companies. The tech support team members are polite and seem genuinely interested in helping you out. But that doesn't mean that I want to call them every few weeks because of faulty equipment (that I paid a lot of money for). I'm now stuck in a 3-year contract with an expensive alarm system that doesn't seem to work properly and is a constant source of frustration. I do not recommend this company at all.

Original review: March 17, 2019

We moved out to the country and I work on the weekends and my wife is in the house. I wanted something to cover her while I was out of the house. I liked the ease that came with the Frontpoint system and that I have more control over it. I got to pick where everything went. The Frontpoint reps asked me what features I wanted and I basically told them. They’re great to work with and they answered all of my questions. Everybody that I talked to there has been great. Installation was easy. The system came with instructions and it was very simple. Also, the equipment quality seems good to me. We use the smartphone features to turn the system on and off and we have been loving it. Since having Frontpoint installed, I feel better with my wife being home alone.

Original review: March 17, 2019

I shopped for a few different security systems and Frontpoint was affordable than the rest. Their customer service is good and they get to the point, so I cannot complain about that. I did the installation of my system myself and it was easy and simple for the most part. The equipment itself is good and in terms of quality, it is all right. However, I don’t know if I wanna keep the system or not because I am converting my whole house into a smart home and Frontpoint is not connected to my Google or smart home system. So, I’m trying to decide if I want the system connected or not. If I could get my security system to work with my Google Home, then I’ll be 100% satisfied with the whole product itself. I spoke to their customer service briefly about it and they said that they don't plan on going towards that route right now -- they don't have any ties with Google as of yet.

Original review: March 16, 2019

When I talk to the salespeople at Frontpoint they told me that I would have a package that included a smartphone app and did not tell me that the smartphone app was only a trial. In the contract it states for a trial period. I believed what the salesperson said and signed the contract right away without reading and to my disappointment the app disappeared and when I called they wanted $10 more a month for access. My experience in the past with Protect America and ADT this is a free service that comes along with it. I am very disappointed in the misrepresentation from their sales group. Also for service if you have technical issues they're only available during the week and business hours. Protect America and ADT are available 24 seven as it should be with an alarm service. Very disappointed that I got stuck in a three-year contract with these guys. Never again.

Original review: March 16, 2019

This was extremely easy to set up and customer service is extremely helpful. I'm over 66 and not tech savvy so if I can do this anyone can do it. I feel very secure. Any time I have a question they are always there to help.

Original review: March 16, 2019

My best friend has Frontpoint, so she told me to go with them. I like that the system is wireless and nobody can cut wires and disable it. Also, my interaction with the sales rep was very good and I even ordered more stuff. I used the coupon but it was only for one thing and I thought it was for whatever was in my cart. They gave me the whole cart with the coupon although they didn’t have to do that. I did the installation myself which was easy and I customized my system as well. I got the carbon monoxide feature and then I got a smoke detector, so if something goes off and I'm not home, they would call the firefighters to come get my cats. That was awesome. Then, for the windows, they have a detector not only if someone opens them, but if they were shattered as well. Lastly, the cost was good. It was less than $40 a month.

Original review: March 16, 2019

My wife wanted a security system, and the reps at Frontpoint were all good. I installed the system and it was easy to do. I use the smartphone feature which I find convenient. Plus the cost is fair.

Original review: March 16, 2019

When we bought a new home, we decided to purchase a security system. We went with Frontpoint and their guy seemed knowledgeable, fair and straightforward. He went through the different options. He was good and allowed us to go through each room of our house and what we needed. I set the system up myself and it seemed pretty simple. So far, the quality of the system has been good and when we’re away, our sense of security has been a little better. Frontpoint should keep being honest and straightforward during the sales process. I would recommend them.

Original review: March 15, 2019

My wife cared for a home security system more than I did and she just felt safer with Frontpoint. The previous provider we had was more expensive, but, so far, Frontpoint has been always more secure. We’ve had a lot of issues, however, with false alarms. We've had Frontpoint for about a year now and it has been every month that we had an issue with the system. It seems like it is always about a month a period that the false alarm happens for some reason. The representatives from Frontpoint were fine, but they didn’t know what to do because I kept having the same issue. All they kept doing was send me new equipment, but that didn’t do anything to fix it. They were stuck on what to do anymore. I hope that the issue has been taken care of. But, overall, they were nice. Everything else works fine.

Original review: March 15, 2019

Frontpoint's sales rep was nice. They were knowledgeable and they answered all my questions. The installation was pretty easy and self-explanatory. However, I wish I had been told more about the features and qualities of the actual unit -- the unit should be improved. One time, when the fire alarm went off and they called, I had questions, but nobody gave answers. Then they referenced parts and pieces, but they were for another unit. The system is nice for peace of mind, but it's not worth 1,800 bucks in three years.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I did a comparative analysis on security systems and Frontpoint came very strong compared to all the others. I liked the fact that I could do the self-install and it was very easy. It also came recommended by the people. Also, their customer service is outstanding. I had a problem with one of my devices and they responded quickly. They sent me out a new one. The device was broken when I got it and that fixed the problem. I'm happy with the features, too. It looks like there were a lot more capabilities that I'm not using right now but otherwise, I love it. I also love the fact that I've got the app and a panel so it gives me all the things. Also, the cost was reasonable and modest. The quality is good and everything is working great.

Frontpoint Company Information