3.9/5 (1774 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About Frontpoint

Frontpoint offers wireless home security packages with professional monitoring and app-based control. New customers work with Frontpoint representatives to find a personalized security solution for their home. Systems come preprogrammed and are designed for easy, do-it-yourself installation. Customers can try a Frontpoint home security system risk-free for 30 days.

Pros

• Month-to-month service available
  • Compatible with Alexa and Google Home
  • Build-your-own system option

Cons

• No professional installation option
  • No lifetime warranty on equipment

Bottom Line

Frontpoint security systems offer high-tech equipment and 24-hour professional monitoring. If you don’t mind installing it yourself, a Frontpoint alarm system could be a smart option for home protection.

Frontpoint Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Original review: June 24, 2021

Frontpoint recently updated the security panel. Everything seems to work fine with our system. Monitoring fees are a little higher than other people, but I recognize you get what you pay for sometimes. Their customer service department is really good and very thorough. They give you options.

Original review: June 23, 2021

Frontpoint had a lower upfront cost and it was also a DIY setup. Anybody could install it by themselves compared to someone else that would charge you a fee to install the system. The setup was easy, the instruction was very clear, and they have a lot of tutorial videos to help you. Tech support is also very good at helping a lot. Customer service was very polite and efficient. Overall, it was a great experience. Frontpoint is easy to use.

Original review: June 22, 2021

I've been with Frontpoint for a while and I've been happy. They are very friendly, prompt, and have customer care. They provide 100% satisfaction guaranteed. If something goes wrong, they will replace it or find a way to make it better for the customers. There was a time when my alarm was going off on its own for some reason. Customer service told me exactly step-by-step what to do. One of the alarms was on the window. I had to make sure that it was connected correctly or if it had a default on it. They told me to take it off and they sent me a new one without charging me because I'm one of their valued customers. They also asked me if I wanted to upgrade to get the other one that is sensitive but it doesn't have a battery thing inside of it. I upgraded to the other ones they got.

Original review: June 16, 2021

I've been a Frontpoint customer for about 8 years. The few times I've ever needed service, I am shocked by how amazing they are. Quick to reply, easy to understand, and always friendly. They should be used as a model for other companies. Would recommend 100/100.

Original review: May 28, 2021

When I speak to their reps, it's great. They're very knowledgeable, quick and easy to help and easy to get that done. But Frontpoint prides itself that you can do everything online or through the app, and especially setting up your system and I've had issues with that. I changed my Wi-Fi recently and I went online to figure out how to change my cameras over to that new system. What it told me online didn't work. It didn't even match up with what I needed to do. That was frustrating when they pride themselves on that, but then it doesn't work. It doesn't seem like that part has gotten updated. But I like how everything's interactive and how everything works together with itself. You can buy smoke detectors, flood detectors, window opening and door sensors. I enjoy it. I'm really happy with them.

Original review: May 27, 2021

Frontpoint offers similar products with other companies but the cost was really good, and there were great reviews on it. I liked the fact that the cost was less and the monthly cost for us was less. I liked being able to set it up myself to kind of put everything in place. I liked the fact that it was all wireless. I've been happy with the service. Their customer service was upfront and very intuitive. The instructions on how to set up the system was very easy to follow and put together. There's been times where we've had a false alarm where a kid opens a door that alarms and they were very quick to respond. They do call every time. I've never had a instance where we did actually set the alarm off and they didn't check to make sure it was okay. So, I'm pretty confident and comfortable with the way they do their service.

Original review: May 26, 2021

We chose Frontpoint because of the cost and setup. We're pretty tech-savvy, so we chose one that we could set up ourselves. The instructions are really clear. Installation was really easy for us. Outside of setup, in terms of customer service, if I needed to get ahold of Frontpoint immediately because of a false alarm, it's not like it clicks through right away. When it comes to false alarm, time is money because the police will come to your residence. Then if it is a false alarm, then you'll get charged a fine by the city. So, in terms of the customer service, I think they need to have an emergency line where you can click through to a representative immediately.

If you have pets, the motion sensors are not a good choice. I bought some and essentially, they're a complete waste because we have two cats under 15 pounds each. The problem with Frontpoint is that you can't place the motion sensors higher than five feet above the ground. So, if a cat were to jump up on a table, the alarm goes off. It's good, but it's overly sensitive. There are definitely better security systems for homes that have pets.

Original review: May 25, 2021

Frontpoint's installation process was easy. I like that I can do it myself.

Original review: May 24, 2021

I like the ability to buy the equipment and there was no contract. The fact that all the equipment was wireless was a good thing for me also. It works. I like it. So far, I'm happy with it. I've had the system for about four years and I replaced the battery almost two weeks ago. I'm surprised with it. When I had some issues with the keyboard, they replaced it for me. They did a great job. The system is exactly like they advertise. I'm not a handy guy but I installed it myself. It's easy to install and very reliable. So far, so good.

Original review: May 23, 2021

The setup was easy. I was replacing an existing security system at the house from another company that I had trouble getting activated. I recently had to have some sensors replaced and they were great then, too. But some of the sensor manual or the information that you can get online was kind of sparse. I would have liked a little bit more info for some of them, but it was easy enough.

Original review: May 22, 2021

I have been a Frontpoint customer since 2014. Back then, they had good customer service, Called back quickly, and Replaced devices if they failed. 3 to 4 months ago my panel failed but they did not reach out to tell me that it was no longer communicating with them. I have paid for over 3 months of service without actually receiving service from frontpoint. My panel seemed like it was working normally at home during those 3 months. Lack of communication from them was my 1st Problem.

They told me that the old panel needed to be switched to a new hub. Rather than replacing it for free, I paid money for the new hub. The new hub does not work properly. 1. It is not chirp loudly whenever somebody opens the door. It has a low voice which is difficult to hear and is kind of creepy. Low pitches obviously are not good when it comes to security system. 2. Hub does not always detect whenever a door closes. 3. There is a delay on the keypad or hub. Whenever you put your code in, it waits and even alarms before it actually shuts off! This is concerning as it calls frontpoint for a possible emergency before your 4 digits are recognized/accepted. No, there are no metal devices between the two. They are properly placed.

I have called front point multiple times and told them that the hub is not working. They have told me twice that they would call me back and they failed to do so. They did try to get the door sensors to work. But they are still not working(hub does not detect when closed). I Have asked for a high pitched chime (or to have the old unit back and working), and money back for 3 months. They have been able to do none of this. Front point used to be amazing, Now I am thinking about going to a different company. I see that their good reviews are also Becoming less and less. So if they don't change soon.... They will be out of business. They are about to lose mine.

Original review: May 22, 2021

Every time I screw up and forget to shut the alarm off, they call me right away. So I know they're keeping a good eye on things. There was one time when one of my sensors fell off the ceiling, and the alarm started going off. Frontpoint was calling me before I even got down to where the alarm fell off. So I really appreciated that. It was really weird when you don't know what was going on. I was in a bit of a panic mode. But the person that called was calming me down, so it was very helpful. I'm very pleased with the service.

I needed technical support when the sensor fell off the ceiling because there was one piece that was black and I didn't see it. I tried rebuilding the sensor myself and it wasn't working. But the technician walked me through taking it apart and we knew from him guiding me through that there was a piece missing. I went downstairs and found it. Once I put it together, it worked again. I bought the new sensor but I still have it downstairs. I never did put it back up. The nice thing about Frontpoint is you don't have to drill holes through your walls and run wires. You can put everything up yourself. I did that all myself and it was very easy. Another plus is the fact that it's not using the telephone cable. It's using the cell phones. Everything's been fine.

Original review: May 21, 2021

The representatives of Frontpoint are great. They get 10s across the board, except for pricing. It's $50 a month and it's really outrageous. For that aspect alone, I've actually contemplated another service. The only reason why I haven't done that so far is because I would have to buy a whole system again. But the other companies that I've looked into charge $10 a month.

Original review: May 21, 2021

I like the cellular part of Frontpoint. Also, every time I call, they always answer or try to send me to reps that can answer my questions. Then they always offer free devices just to incentivize the renewal process, which makes it a lot easier for us, the customer. As for intrusion, alarms and whatnot, they call within 30 seconds after the alarm goes off. Some time I trip it myself and they called and asked for the passcode. After I gave the passcode, everything was squared away. I just upgraded the new hub and I got rid of my old touchscreen. So far, so good. I got their version of the Ring camera and sometimes it loses connection. Then what I would recommend is to get more cameras on the site as products. I was looking right into their camera system and they really have limited selections.

Original review: May 20, 2021

I had a home security system and I was looking for something less expensive. Somehow, I stumbled on to Frontpoint. The customer service was good and the installation was very easy.

Original review: May 20, 2021

I've had the panel not work a couple of times and there were things wrong with some of the sensors but I’ve always had help and it was resolved. I’ve been happy with the service from Frontpoint. At some point though, they should look at upgrading their stuff. We’ve been with them for eight years and everything is going well. But a person who signs with Frontpoint now has a device that is totally a different generation. While mine seems to function okay, it’s like getting an iPhone 4. For people who have stayed with them, they should automatically have a program for upgrading their sensors with the newest version. It doesn't have to be every year but periodically such as every three to five years when there's a generational change. It’s Frontpoint's responsibility to do that. They should not lose customers because somebody else is poaching their loyal customers with new equipment.

Original review: May 19, 2021

I’ve got 30 sensors and I like that I can access the system when I’m traveling. But sometimes, when I have certain issues and I'm away from home, Frontpoint cannot do anything unless I'm by the panel. Also, in a lot of devices, things come in and out of connection. So that means I get a message such that a certain device in the garage has been disconnected and then, a couple of hours later, it comes back in online. But overall, it has been a decent experience.

Original review: May 19, 2021

The installation was easy enough. I recently did an upgrade. So I got the latest and greatest. Frontpoint is definitely an option to go with. It may be cheaper than some of the other alternatives out there.

Original review: May 18, 2021

I've been using my Frontpoint security system for over 3 years. The parts I've issues with (giving false alarms and such). They are a little pricey for what you get, too. When I went to close my account since I am moving to a place that has a pre-existing system, I was told I had to give a 30-day notice. Thought 2 weeks is sufficient. When you give a 30-day notice they charge you for the full month. I simply wished to close out at the end of the month, when I move. Went through my 3-year + contract and saw no mention of this. This is all automated, too. Hence, no says they can override. Total money grab and an abusive practice. Could not get to a manager either.

Original review: May 18, 2021

The support was good and they helped us when we needed it. Everything ran smoothly and worked the way it should, so we were happy with it. The system did what we needed it to do, so we liked it. It was a good experience and I would recommend Frontpoint to other people.

Original review: May 18, 2021

Frontpoint is really nice because it's all wireless and simple setup. The customer service has always been pretty good. They have that feature where they don't keep you on hold forever. They call you back. The installation was really easy. The system came already set up. We just put those sensors where we want them. The app works really well. I can pretty much change some of the settings from there and see what kind of alerts I'm getting, or if there's any problem with the system itself, I get a notification. I would definitely recommend to get Frontpoint because of the ease of use and it's monitored 24 hours a day and it's cellular, so there's no wires to cut, so nobody can disable it from the outside.

Original review: May 17, 2021

Frontpoint has usually given good customer service and sometimes, when I struggle with the bill, they have payment plans and things they will help you with. But they are probably a little pricey. $45 a month is a little high compared to some of the other companies out there where you can deal with stuff yourself. But other than that, Frontpoint is a good company. They monitor their alarms and they call if they get one. They provide good technical support as well as customer support.

Original review: May 17, 2021

Frontpoint self-installation instructions were straightforward and I had no problems. I've been very happy with my system and I've been able to do everything I've wanted to do. I recommend Frontpoint to people that want that sort of security system.

Original review: May 16, 2021

The sales experience with Frontpont was good and they were helpful. The rep was more knowledgeable than me. I thought I needed more than I did and he would suggest things. He had a good understanding of things once I explained the home and proposed an appropriate product. The installation was pretty easy even though we had to call with a question about one thing. The system has been good for us and we've been happy with it.

Original review: May 16, 2021

Frontpoint had a decent price. It didn't require a landline so it communicated to the base station then to the monitoring center. It seemed like a decent system to try. In the beginning, communication with Frontpoint was good. But in 2019, we had a bad experience with them. We had gone out and our dogs were at home. The glass break sensor was tripped. We got a call from Frontpoint and we told them we wanted them to send the police to the house and they said they would. They would give us a call back once they confirmed what had happened.

We got home and there were no police there. The alarm was off. We called Frontpoint back and they said the police checked it out and there was no problem. They mentioned that from the time that the alarm had gone off, it had taken several minutes for them to call us. Once we told them to send the police, it took several more minutes for them to even call the police. They didn't even have the right phone number on record for the police department. It was more than six minutes of a wait before they even contacted the police to dispatch them.

We pretty much made a decision that if that was what the security company was and that was how long it was going to take, then we might as well use somebody else. But Frontpoint told us we signed a contract and we can't get out of it even though we were extremely unsatisfied. After that, we packed the system up and didn't use it. We had to suck up the payments every month.

After that, Frontpoint gave us a couple of months of credit. They offered to give us an upgraded base station and a few extra sensors. From a customer service standpoint, it was a good thing for them to give us those things. But that didn't make up for the fact that we had an intruder in our house for eight minutes before the police even got there. It didn't sit right with us.

Original review: May 15, 2021

We've had Frontpoint in our home for at least four years now and it has worked out very well. But we had some issues two years ago with a lot of false alarms. Frontpoint sent us a new computer board for the module. It was the actual key panel. It was with the antenna as it’s a new updated system. That works quite well. The biggest problem we have now is with the motion detectors going off. We had one go off the other day and we have no idea why. Other than that, everyone that we talked to was great. We've been kicking it back and forth about getting the cameras. Our next step is possibly getting those and having those installed with the system.

Original review: May 15, 2021

I liked what I saw when I researched Frontpoint and they had positive reviews. I liked the wireless setup that they had and that I could install the system myself and own my own equipment. The installation was a piece of cake to do. You just stick the system pieces in place. There was nothing highly technical or complicated needed to install them.

Frontpoint is all user-friendly. I have a glass breakage detector, one camera, window sensors, door sensors, and the base station. All of them worked easily and in sync with each other. The technical support they offer is great. They handled any need for response appropriately like when there is an accidental setting off of the alarm. Customer service was quite responsive all the time and they didn't over-respond. They weren't too quick to call the police. They gave me a chance to be reached by phone, email or text so that was all good.

Original review: May 14, 2021

Frontpoint is a good option. I have a security system with them and I have no issues.

Original review: May 14, 2021

Frontpoint is competitively priced. The installation was pretty straightforward and simple. The system seems to be working fine and I set the alarm for my phone. The alarm goes off when it should although we did have a couple of false alarms and customer service called. We told them that everything was fine. In the few times I have had to interact with them, they were always very pleasant and they resolve things quickly.

Original review: May 13, 2021

I sold my house so I was pending my service with Frontpoint temporarily. Customer service was good when I called. I've had the security system for multiple years and I've been very satisfied. It's just the fire alarm and motion sensors.

Frontpoint Company Information