Call toll free
4.39/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Frontpoint does home security differently. By offering complete protection coupled with truly genuine and helpful service, Frontpoint gives customers everything they need and nothing they don’t. All Frontpoint customers get a personalized security solution designed to not only make them feel safe, but feel good, as well.

Every Frontpoint system comes with 100% wireless equipment and 100% cellular monitoring, for no extra charge. Cellular monitoring means a more reliable connection between the home and monitoring center, and wireless means no lines for burglars to cut. Frontpoint also works with you to ensure that every system is customized to fit every customer’s unique home and lifestyle needs. Frontpoint systems are also refreshingly simple, allowing for customers to set up, move or expand systems on their own, at any time.

In addition to intrusion, all Frontpoint monitoring plans include protection against fire, flood, freeze, carbon monoxide and medical emergencies. Also, advanced technology such as remote online access, free mobile apps keep customers in touch and in control at all times, no matter where they are. When consumers compare Frontpoint to the competition, it’s easy to see just what makes them stand out.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

6747 Frontpoint Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

I wanted some security and went with Frontpoint after finding through a Google research that they were the top rated one. I did the installation myself and it was easy. However, I don't like my system as well as I like my daughter's. I wish I would have gone with hers. I got a wire hanging down that is plugged into the wall. Hers was mounted into the wall. It got a base-screwed touchscreen while mine is a push-button.

Also, Frontpoint sent me an email not too long ago about the doorbell thing and it seems like it's a hassle. The price was $100, which wasn't a big deal, but then they want to up my service for another $5 a month. I was thinking, "Dude, my daughter just had cameras and stuff installed in her house and she's paying $10 less a month than I am." Granted it's a different company and it might be the difference between the hardwired versus the wireless, but I'm locked into a contract for three years so I can't get out of it unless I pay a ton of money upfront. So even though I'm not that dissatisfied with the service and people have not been too bad to talk to, I wouldn't recommend Frontpoint to anybody.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

Frontpoint's security system has excellent value and the staff, from the technical to the sales side have all been easy to deal with. Furthermore, the quality and the price is way better than competing products. Frontpoint's knowledgeable sales folks were aware of the other products. In fact, they were able to highlight some of the ways their systems are different.

We were able to customize the options we have and the smartphone app has all the features I needed to control the system. The speed of the application is fine. In addition, the instructions for the self-installation were easy to follow. It was easy just to walk through and do the installation on the app. So far, the stuff works and we haven’t had any issues.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

Having a home security system made me feel a little more secure. The people that we’re renting from were using Frontpoint and I liked it so we continued the service. The interactions with their reps have all been good. I never left a call unfulfilled and everyone’s been great so far. We had to put up our own window sensors and hook everything up with the main hub. I called them several times to walk me through stuff and they were great. The instructions that were in the packaging were good and the features offered to us are great.

We decided to see how the non-smartphone was first and if we felt that we needed the smartphone thing, then we would add that on, but we don’t seem to need it. Some other systems are a bit more expensive. We don’t have all the bells and whistles, but for what we need and what we pay, we got a really good deal. Since having Frontpoint, I feel better sleeping. I would recommend Frontpoint to others. Every single time I’ve interacted with them, it has been great.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

I have an office at my home and I wanted to have a security system there. I read reviews online and everybody really spoke highly about Frontpoint's customer service, so I went with them. The initial guy was great but we had a misunderstanding about what my garage door was, so he had the wrong sensor sent. But I called and they took care of that for me right away. I installed the system myself and in hindsight, it would have been nice to have somebody come in and do the installation, but it was certainly easy enough to do it myself and their reps were helpful. I utilized phone support for installation. I called in to get help because I didn't understand that we could turn these things and they could be within a certain range of being near each other. I learned all of that on the phone. I had them walk me through some of that and make sure the system was working. Their customer service lived up to my expectations based on the reviews I've read.

I'm happy with the overall features offered in our system. The cost is very fair, too, it is a good value. Since having Frontpoint in our home, we have had a much more secure feeling. We even get notified when there is smoke and because our house was hit by lightning before, we're all on edge about things with the house, so I like that feature a lot. Unfortunately, my oven makes a lot of smoke sometimes and I have three 20 something kids. But Frontpoint is very responsive and very diligent about calling when something is going on and that is good. I'm very satisfied and pleased with Frontpoint and I would recommend it to anybody. I would also tell my friends that they should look into it seriously and that it is a great program. I'm happy I went with them.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

I’m a single mom and I got a home security system for a single-family home. Frontpoint is cellular-based and their sales guy was good. The customer service folks have been good as well. I did the installation myself and the instructions were easy to follow. However, I wish there was a way that I could manipulate one feature versus the other, like I don’t want my motion to work downstairs versus the one upstairs at certain times because I have motion downstairs with a person. I wanna be able to do that and I can’t figure out the ability to do that from my app, so that’s frustrating. Also, I already had Nest Security cameras and I wish I could tie those cameras into Frontpoint because Nest has security that’s cellular-based with the cameras I’ve already purchased. But overall, having Frontpoint feels better.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

There is nothing better than having security for your home. I have owned ADT before but Frontpoint is great because I own the equipment and I don't have to pay a monthly equipment rental fee so I liked it. They also gave good credit discount to people with good credit. Installing the system too was easy. I did it quickly and everything was self-explanatory. In addition, my wife and I use the smartphone features. It's very easy and convenient. The package is decent. I just wish Frontpoint gave a discount for people that wanted to upgrade but for the most part it's fine. The system works out.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

We've been with Frontpoint for about a year but they have not done us right and we're disappointed with the way they did it. We didn't have electricity for months but they still tried to charge us. That was very dishonest. We will never use them if that's the way they're gonna treat us. We're very dissatisfied with Frontpoint.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for your feedback. It is never our goal to make you feel as though we are "dishonest" with you. We have one of our Support Supervisors looking into your account now and will have them reach out to address your concerns in detail. Thanks again and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

Frontpoint had good reviews and I liked that their system is wireless. The reps were professional. We had a problem with one of the sensors that was malfunctioning but they helped me walk through it and I was able to fix it eventually. The features are nice, convenient and the smartphone app works well. Everything sticks on the wall very well. However, the system accidentally went off once. It fell off the wall and scared itself. The main part of the system is perfectly fine and I feel better about my sense of security. Plus, the cost was fair.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

I was looking for the added security of having a security system and doing some additional home automation. I was also looking for something that would allow us me to install the system ourselves, do some customization, and not get locked into a longer contract as with ADT, so we went with Frontpoint. I like them a lot better than our previous home security service providers. They have great customer service and that also was one of the reasons that we picked them. Their reps have always been knowledgeable and professional. The salesperson I spoke with when we first bought the system was helpful. Plus, each time that I’ve called in for support, they’ve been able to resolve any concerns that I had. The installation was easy and took me 15 minutes.

The features that are offered in our system are great, but the front panel that they use is six years old now. I’d like to have a more up-to-date panel, but there are no options to use a newer panel from the same supplier that they use, Qolsys. Generally, the smartphone features are really good, but we’ve had a couple of quirks where the access thing was not showing up. Customer service was able to reset things on their end, though, so that the system does what it’s supposed to do. But other than that, the price was great. It's what I would expect and it's not too expensive.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I wanted to buy a home security system and Frontpoint was recommended to me. We received guidance from their customer service reps and the installation of the system was very easy. The system I have has good features and I had it customized as our large house has specific needs that wouldn’t be met by just the basic package. Also, the smartphones features makes it very convenient. The quality of the equipment is also very good. Frontpoint provides good service and they call quickly if anything happens. I would recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

We compared other security system companies and Frontpoint was the one available in almost every state. And with the way our business works, we are hopeful to be in every state and country as well. Frontpoint’s reps were nice and they made it easy. I like the features in my system. After doing my research, they don't seem too different than a lot of other companies but it is nice to be able to use it on the phone. We like that we can add security like with the panic button. The installation of the door sensors are very easy as well.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I'm a caretaker of multiple houses and two of my clients use Frontpoint. I purchased the system for my clients, and the wireless system and phone app work well. I was also able to get the heat sensors. I worked with Christopher and he was very helpful. He told me when he was available, so he got back to me. We were able to work through what the requirements were, and it came quickly. The installation process was very straightforward. But when I set up the phone app, it doesn't say that they sent an email so I don't really know what happened. It would be better if they would send an email to my client to initiate their account, so that I know that I sent something out to them.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

My property is secured with a gate and I live in a safe area but I wanna be precautious. I spoke to the Frontpoint customer service representative and she explained to me all the features with their system and everything that I would get. I became interested and considered it. Dealing with their reps was very smooth and pleasant. They were very knowledgeable and helpful. The price is pretty fair too and I’m happy with it. I did the installation myself. The instructions were straightforward but I had one question, so I made a call and I was able to resolve it very quickly.

I would like to see a better panel though. The one that I have is old or outdated. It would be nice to have a touchscreen panel. But since having Frontpoint, I feel more secure. It detects any type of activity. I have one camera next to the motion sensor and there was one time where I was moving the camera around through the app and the motion sensor went off, so it's definitely working. The app is also straightforward. It alerts me whenever there's an issue.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I bought a house and it’s kind of in the woods. Not that it’s unsafe per se, but it's one of those not very well-lit type of area. It’s our first home and Frontpoint is our first system. I had good interactions with the reps. Originally, they gave me a quote, but I was not sure. I was still pricing and checking things out and deciding if I wanted one. Then they called back to check.

The installation was pretty easy. The instructions were good. They're color-coded and everything was well-organized. And I like that the Frontpoint system is pretty intuitive and mobile. I don’t have to go to the actual controller every time I need to arm and disarm. The system works fine for what I use it for, just arming and disarming. They said there are features where I can arm certain sensors and disarm others, but I haven’t really explored those options yet. I would recommend Frontpoint.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

Purchasing a home security system was something that my wife and I were considering and after about a year or so, we decided that it's something that we needed to invest in. We have young children at the house and I have to travel away for work. We looked at the reviews online and experiences for security companies for about seven months and I talked to some of our family and friends on the companies that they use. Somebody always had a bad experience or they didn't have too many positive things to say with their current provider. So, we went online to look who else was out there and Frontpoint was recommended. They popped up and they were consistently within the top three, so that helped us make a decision.

The interactions I had with the Frontpoint sales team was easy. I told them what I was looking for and the rep was not trying to oversell me on any products. He mentioned that I was looking at a lot more products than what I needed and he recommended me to go with lesser equipment to help save me some money, which was pretty nice on his end. But after doing my research, it's really what I wanted. I was adamant about what exactly I wanted and I was fine with spending a bit more to get a bit more product.

There were some videos online to make myself familiar with the instructions for the installation and it was easy to read. However, there were a couple of the sensors that they had changed, so they didn't appear to be the same as what the instructions showed. I wanted to make sure I was doing it correctly, so I called in to their customer service and they walked me through it to make the installation a lot easier. There was a sensor that wasn't reading and even though I was just having trouble with one of the sensors, they offered to stay on the phone and walked me through the whole entire process, which, at that time, I didn't feel like I really needed. However, it was nice to know that they were looking out for me. They helped troubleshoot the sensor over the phone and even offered to send a replacement, with no questions asked. So, all in all, it was a pretty good experience.

The overall features that are offered in our system are really good. Even from what the other security companies offer, what Frontpoint offers is right up there with everyone else, if not better. Their smartphone features are really easy to use. We've even shown our 10-year-old son how to use it himself in case he needs to use it. Also, as far as the features that they have for each individual plan and tier, it's competitive with everyone else.

Now that we have the security system, it definitely helps to sleep throughout the night a little more comfortable and my wife feels safer when I am away. Frontpoint is a really good company to take care of the customer, and that's what I was really looking for. All in all, the reason I decided to go with Frontpoint is based off with the customer experience -- the customer service that they stand by and the family's safety that they are thinking about. I definitely would recommend them to any family or friends. We had some people over and they had seen my sign up with Frontpoint. They asked me why I decided to go with them and I told them everything positive with the customer service and the ease of setting everything up.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I got Frontpoint's home security system in my new home. Prior to this, I had Guardian and my house came pre-wired with their security system. Some family friends recommended not going with Frontpoint but I decided not to listen to them. Within a month of being enrolled, though, I completely regretted my decision. I got the standard package and Frontpoint's motion detectors did not catch movement that was more than 5 feet out from them. On the other hand, Guardian's motion detectors caught way farther action.

Frontpoint is one of those companies that you call many times and they keep saying that they’ll follow up with you in a few business days, but no one ever calls you back and it’s up to you to keep going on and on with whatever issues you have. No issues were ever resolved. I still have the Guardian security system for my business and I pay them $5 more a month, but I’m getting way more than $5 worth of service. Hands down, Guardian is 100 times better. Their customer service is impeccable and they have ownership of issues and don’t just push the blame on their consumers. But with Frontpoint, it’s not justified how much they charge versus what their service is.

Frontpoint response

We appreciate you taking the time to share this feedback with us. We are glad to see that you were recently able to speak with one of our Account Supervisors. It is important to us that you are fully taken care of so we are going to have our Account Supervisor reach back out to you to address any further concerns you may have. Thanks again and we look forward to speaking with you soon!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

We were starting a family and we needed something to protect the home. I researched and liked how Frontpoint allowed us to set the system up by ourselves. We explained to the sales rep the layout of our house and the proximity of where I would place some of the sensors and he helped me identify what I needed and what would work. His explanations of the use of a motion sensor versus a regular sensor made sense. He also did a good job explaining what stands out between Frontpoint and other companies. We are happy with our selections and it was a fair price for what we purchased.

The installation was easy and the instructions were clear. It took me 30 minutes to set up everything. The equipment is of good quality and it works. Since we’ve had Frontpoint, it gives us peace of mind that we will be safe. It is easy to use on the app interface and we can do it from the ease of our phone which makes it a lot easier. If we forget to set it in the morning, we can set it when we are at work and if we are upstairs, we can set it and we don't have to walk to the unit that controls everything. So far, it is a good system.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

My father-in-law passed away and his daughters wanted some protection for his home while nobody was living there. All the reviews for Frontpoint seemed to be good and I liked the ease of putting it in. I did the installation and it was really simple. However, I haven’t been able to get the video camera connected to the internet yet since I haven’t had time lately. I also have a couple of questions about it. Other than that, I’m happy with the features of the system and I like that I can arm and disarm the system through my smartphone. Overall, Frontpoint has good value for the money and I’ve already recommended it to other people.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I changed my home security system to Frontpoint and the equipment was easy to install. The features offered are okay and I am satisfied with the alarm for the windows and doors. Also, the smartphone features are convenient and easy to use.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I was with Frontpoint for 18 months before finally cancelling, and moving to Google Nest. In hindsight, I wish I never moved to Frontpoint. The Frontpoint system initially looked good, nice app, nice words, but over the course of 18 months the system went down, doors went out of detection, but real problems is that it just doesn't work. I have had multiples false alarms, and the headquarters doesn't receive them. They never called back, and when I called the false alarm in they would say "we didn't receive it." I allowed one to go through for over 10 minutes and nothing. They always had an excuse, "It occasionally takes a long time..." and I believed them, which was a mistake.

When I called into customer service to complain about doors going offline they try to help, but it wasn't always reactive and temporary -- the system would work for a 1-2 weeks then fail again. Finally I had enough; I wanted more security, and it was either invest more into a system which didn't work or look elsewhere. When you want to cancel, they will force you to pay hefty fees. Ignoring that the problem was the system failed, to them it is just yet another way to get money. They made it difficult to cancel, they emphasized the initial 3 year period agreement, and that was their business model -- force you to stay in.

I had Puget Sound Alarm before, and they treat the customer with respect and are proactive. In the few years with PSA I got called for every false alarm, and when doors will go offline (which was rare). Frontpoint never called once, in 18 months. I recently moved to Google Nest and is a beautiful system, so far no problems, it is cheaper, more powerful, and just works. If you are considering Frontpoint, I encourage you to look at the reviews which claims it doesn't work. It can't just be me. They are more focused on trying to take your money versus giving you a good product. Once they get you, they will put handcuffs on (with a termination fee), and use that as a way to keep you.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

The rep was a big help when we purchased Frontpoint's home security system and our interactions with the reps have been good. I installed the system myself and that was fairly easy. We have inside sensors and a door sensor in our service package. Prior to this, we had Xfinity and we used to have problems with our sensors. But we don’t have these problems anymore with Frontpoint. The quality of their equipment is great and the cost is fine. I just got the email for the special price on the video doorbell and I called their number. I would recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I like Frontpoint's do-it-yourself installation over paying for somebody else to come in and do it. I saved some money there because I had the know-how to set it up. Plus the reviews on the customer satisfaction and the customer service they provide were better. I was satisfied with the customer service I received from their sales representative over the phone. However, we had a miscommunication about the control panel. I originally thought I was receiving the touch-screen, but I received the standard one. I called back and they gave me a free upgrade to the touch panel. They were out of it at the time, but I have since received it. Frontpoint seems to have everything together from the sales point. The installation was easy. I had some questions about it and called and they were on top of that.

I would like to see more cameras in the future though. They offered good cameras but not a ton of options. Their cameras were more middle of the road and they really need more top-of-the-line ones. Plus, the cameras they offered were more expensive than if I went with a four-camera system from Best Buy. The features are great though. I like that you have control of the system on the phone. You can control the cameras and the lights remotely. The equipment was par with the other top security systems out there. I’m a believer of, “You get what you pay for," as far as quality. Although I’m paying more for the security system than I would necessarily like, I also know that I’m getting one of the best out there. I know that it’s gonna work and be of high quality so I’m willing to pay more.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I just bought a brand-new house and I thought a home security system would be a good idea. I read some reviews online and Frontpoint had mostly good ones. Everyone was great but I had nothing but problems with some of the stuff I got. I had all the motion detectors replaced already but they're still malfunctioning. Also, they weren’t really easy to install and I couldn’t use the app. I had to call and talk to somebody and every time I’ve gotten the motion detectors replaced, there was a little piece of paper that said I should go to the app and click set up which didn’t work, too. I had to call somebody to get things put in right.

Frontpoint would help me install it, but it still wouldn’t work. So I would have to call them back again. They said it was still picking up the old sensor so they would go ahead and delete that which they should have done the first time. Their people have been nice but I’m almost wishing I hadn’t done this and gone with a different system because it was kind of a wrestle for us.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I put a dog door in my house so I figured there should be an alarm system as well. I did a Google search on customer reviews for the best one and Frontpoint kept popping up even though they weren’t popping up as a Google ad. The reps are also always very cordial. I got the basic alarm system and the cameras. I wish I had motion sensors but because my dog is so big, it wouldn’t work. The installation went well except one of the things was not working when they sent it to me. But they got me a new one without me having to return it first. They sent it out really fast too. Now, everything works like it's supposed to and I use the smartphone features all the time. In fact, that’s how I use my system. If I don’t know if I’m gonna be able to make it out of the house in time, I could just go, sit in my car and arm the system while I’m driving to work. For what the system does, it is well-worth the price.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I moved into a house and wanted to have a security system. I talked to a bunch of people about what they used and I also looked online. Frontpoint seemed to be one of the best systems so then I talked to them about what they offer, their pricing, how installation went and what kind of monitoring they provided. The reps have very good knowledge of their products. But they sell things in packages, so if a client wants to customize it exactly the way they want Frontpoint might lack that feature. Still it is a great system. The cost is totally reasonable given its quality. Also I was concerned about whether I would be able to install it, and it wasn't a problem at all. I did it myself and it was really easy. It took me 10 minutes.

I've had a fire alarm go off once and they called me right away. It was my contractor who was actually doing something and because there had been construction, the Frontpoint team walked me through cleaning all of the sensors to make sure it was as sensitive as it was supposed to be and that they were working properly. They switched out a sensor right away that wasn't working properly. They've been incredibly responsive and I'm really glad that I went with them.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I wanted to have a home security system for my wife’s peace of mind. I looked at the top 10 best companies on the internet and Frontpoint was number one so I opted for them. The service came at a decent cost and was comparable to a couple of other companies that I also searched. So then, I dealt with a Frontpoint salesman and he was very helpful and personable. The system came and then I installed it. It was easier to install than I thought and it works great. I like the doorbell camera and that we're able to see who’s at the door. And so, I'd tell anyone who would ask about Frontpoint that there was good response in getting the pieces to put it in and it's fairly inexpensive for the peace of mind.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I received an email that with my insurance I could get a discount if I purchased a home security system from Frontpoint and it was the right time to try it, so I went with them. The reps were fine when I talked to them and they answered my questions. I did the installation of the system myself and the staff didn't help me with that.

But I haven't been very good in setting up the Frontpoint system. I don't like the beeping thing and that's my biggest complaint. It would be nice to figure out how to manage that because every time I set the alarm and whenever I open the door, the alarm beeps and then it beeps again in a minute, and that scares and freaks out my dogs and tends to wake people up. If somebody comes in at 2:00 in the morning and the alarm is beeping, it wakes the dogs up and they get frantic. Also, I should call them and get rid of the smartphone features because we never use them. But other than that, the Frontpoint security system works as they had told me it would and I would recommend it to others.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Frontpoint's reps were really helpful and efficient. They knew the answers to questions I asked in the setup and also in navigating the web page to managing the controls and the system. The installation was easy, and overall, the features in my system are good. Also, being able to do things remotely is a big benefit that I’ve noticed. Frontpoint is convenient and its cost is fair. I'd recommend it.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I just moved into a new house, so I needed a home security system. I googled Frontpoint and it had a good rating. Whoever I set it up with was really helpful and the installation experience was easy. I went with the basic package and it has been fine. It is user-friendly and it is not through a telephone line like in other places. It is nice knowing that I have the alarm system.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

I bought a house and I wanted to put some security system in it because I wouldn't be living in it for about a month or so. I was trying to get a quote and Frontpoint called me right away. Their reps are pretty friendly, knowledgeable and I like talking to them. The installation was just basically plug and play. Their reps walk you right through it and it’s simple to follow. I like the features of the system and it is monitored. When anything is wrong, I can get it fixed right away. I like the smartphone features too. It’s convenient. I could unlock or lock the system and turn on the light with it. I just wish the system was a little cheaper. Other than that, I feel safe with the system. I drive a truck so I’m away from home most of the time and I feel comfortable that my family is safe while I’m gone.

Frontpoint Company Information