3.84/5

Need a home alarm?

Frontpoint

Frontpoint does home security differently. By offering complete protection coupled with truly genuine and helpful service, Frontpoint gives customers everything they need and nothing they don’t. All Frontpoint customers get a personalized security solution designed to not only make them feel safe, but feel good, as well.

Every Frontpoint system comes with 100% wireless equipment and 100% cellular monitoring, for no extra charge. Cellular monitoring means a more reliable connection between the home and monitoring center, and wireless means no lines for burglars to cut. Frontpoint also works with you to ensure that every system is customized to fit every customer’s unique home and lifestyle needs. Frontpoint systems are also refreshingly simple, allowing for customers to set up, move or expand systems on their own, at any time.

In addition to intrusion, all Frontpoint monitoring plans include protection against fire, flood, freeze, carbon monoxide and medical emergencies. Also, advanced technology such as remote online access, free mobile apps keep customers in touch and in control at all times, no matter where they are. When consumers compare Frontpoint to the competition, it’s easy to see just what makes them stand out.

View More View More

Need a home alarm?

Frontpoint Reviews

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

Frontpoint makes it very difficult to cancel. I've been trying to cancel my account for the past 6 months. I had been a customer for more than 2 years and had fulfilled all of my contract obligations. When I spoke to a representative about cancelling, he tried to get me to stay by offering me discounted pricing on my monitoring service. I was NOT interested because I had already switched to Ring which offered significantly better hardware (supports multiple keypads) for a fraction of the price of what I was paying with Frontpoint. Finally after hearing all of the incentives and declining all of them, I was told that I needed to submit in writing a 30 day cancellation notice and was given an email address. I submitted an email stating my name and the account that I wished to cancel. A few months went by, and I noticed that my credit card was still being charged even after 30 days from my cancellation notice.

I called Frontpoint again, but was unable to get a hold of the right person who was needed for this type of situation. I then decided to cancel my credit card, because Frontpoint does not have a way to remove an active credit card that is associated to a subscription. Nowhere on Frontpoint's website is there an email address to contact someone for billing or even support.

After a couple months, I received a call from a Frontpoint representative informing me that my credit card information needed to be updated. I informed the representative that I had canceled my account months ago and that Frontpoint is no longer authorized to charge my credit card. The representative stated that he would make a note of this to my file. After the call, I thought finally I was done with Frontpoint. A couple weeks went by, and I received an automated phone call from Frontpoint stating that important information needed to be updated to my account. I have been receiving these annoying calls everyday now for the past 3 months. Not sure what to do to get Frontpoint to stop.

Finally today, a representative called me and stated that I have an outstanding balance. I corrected him and told him that I cancelled months ago, and that Frontpoint has overcharged my account for the time after I cancelled, and that I was entitled to a refund. He said he would look into the matter, but I doubt it, and I asked him to cancel my account. I find it very disappointing that FrontPoint makes it so easy to sign-up, but extremely difficult (if not impossible) to cancel. The fact that Frontpoint has to stoop so low to try to retain a customer makes me feel obligated to warn others about this.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

I purchased a Frontpoint system for around $1k a couple years ago and thought it would be great based on review. Unfortunately I think the product was not up to par and extremely laggy when using the mobile app/etc. For the price and quality of product I did not feel it was worth the money, however I was already in the contract. I tried another service and fell in love with the system and functions of it as well as the price (Will not name them, not here to advertise).

Nonetheless, I have been paying on this agreement and it's not even set up or in use but I signed the contract, no big deal. The kicker is when I call to cancel the service after the agreement is up and the rep on the line is extremely condescending and continues to tell me how 'inferior' the product I have is VS this one and how he is just giving me 'insight' on why I am using the wrong service. The insight I got was that I was making the right choice by using the other company and canceling with this one. Nothing like a kick in the rear on the way out after paying $3k in charges for a product I did not use.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

I cannot express this enough - DO NOT SIGN UP WITH FRONTPOINT! I chose to use this company, and had no issues when it came to the monitoring of my alarm system on my home. However, that all changed when I needed to cancel my account years later. In June 2019, I gave them my 30 day written notice. I was told I'd get charged for July, which I understood, but then my account would be closed and I would no longer get charged. In August, I checked my credit card statement and saw my credit card was in fact charged. I then logged in on my account with them, and it was still open. I called to get this figured out, and I had to sit on hold for over an hour to talk to the right person to credit my credit card and close my account. I was reassured I would get my money back and would no longer receive charges on my credit card. Well that was another LIE.

Here it is, September, and I received another charge on my credit card from them! I logged in on my account with them and it is still open! I just had to sit on hold for the correct department for 30 minutes again! ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS. If I wasn't checking my statements, I would keep getting these charges and would have no idea. They send no confirmation that your account is officially closed. You are just suppose to take their word for it, which obviously does NOTHING. When I called this month, I was once again "reassured" that my account will be closed and I wouldn't receive any more charges. We will see though. At this point, I have sent in a notice to the BBB and I am reviewing them everywhere to warn others. If you enjoy being lied to and then sitting on hold to try and get your money back, etc. then go with FrontPoint. If not, choose another company!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

I called over a month before my contract was due to expire to make sure that my account would close, and that I would not be charged anything else. I was told that I didn't need to do anything else, and my account would automatically close, thank you for your business, etc. After the end date of the contract, I was billed for another month. I called to get that bill refunded, and they said they couldn't do that, and that they were going to charge me for next month too since I hadn't given 30 days notice. I called more than 30 days prior to my contractual end date and told them to close my account. That representative lied about me not having to do anything. He could have told me to send a letter, and I would have. But he didn't, he lied.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

Be aware. If you are late on your payment Frointpoint is harassing the living day light out of you. My account was past due and they called at least 4-5 times a day. Even I made a payment they still calling. I have no more contract with them and it is very difficult to get your account closed even if you don't be under the contract any more. I will never use them again and by the way they are too expensive.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

I was fairly content with Frontpoint for the 5+ years when I was a customer. Then, when I decided to break up with them, they got mean! How did this start? I recently became disillusioned with my DirecTV service which made me look into going back to Comcast for my TV. I was already content with my Xfinity Internet so I was able to get a good package deal which also included a home phone and the Xfinity Home Security system. I no longer needed Frontpoint so I called them on July 31st to cancel so I wouldn't have to pay for August. I called Frontpoint and the customer service rep told me I could take down the sensors and the keypad. Due to a technicality he said I also had to send a 30-day written notice to "officially" cancel their service. He sent me the form email a day later on August 1st. Not checking my email every day I finally sent the 30-day notice back to him on the 3rd or 4th of August.

Several hours later I get a charge on my credit card for $39.99 for my canceled service. I called and reported the error to their customer service department. Apparently, since I didn't send the email back on time, they said the charge was part of their "policy." After several emails back and forth with this first rep, he told me the charge on August 1st was to pay for July and that they charge for services at the end of the month, not the beginning. Ok, so the August 1st charge took care of July so I shouldn't see any more charges? I also asked the rep for a detailed invoice showing what I paid for when, with dates showing which of my prior payments paid for which months. The rep emailed me just a list of charges with no associated dates so I had too take his word that payments on the 1st of each month, pay for the prior month and not the current one.

Fine I thought, August 1st will be the last charge on my credit card. Today is September 4th and I got a bank notification that another charge of $39.99 was charged to my card on file. Hmm, must be a system error, I thought. I called the Frontpoint customer service department again. Surely they can correct this error. After a brief conversation, the rep told me that the charge was valid, even though I canceled my service verbally on July 31st because I hadn't sent back the written notice before their "required" time. Okay. So, if they charge at the end of the month for the month before, why was I being charged for August when I canceled the service over 30 days ago? I asked him to credit my account and he refused. I asked they delete my credit card information and he refused. He then threatened to send me to collections if I called my credit card company to cancel the payment.

At this point, I was irate. How does a company charge someone for no services rendered? This is highway robbery and I wanted everyone to know about Frontpoint's shady practices. Please beware and DO NOT use this company or you may experience the worse customer service ever! I have not given up and will be fighting this until I receive my credit. The money snit even a big deal to me, it the principal of the situation. Step up Frontpoint and be a REAL company where you're not charging customers for services no longer being provided and then threatening those customers for wanting a credit they deserve!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

After researching various home security systems, I chose Frontpoint for their reputation, excellent product & great customer service. Installation was easy & reps were very patient w/ me when I made multiple calls w/ questions. They took as much time as I needed to walk me through the process and I got through right away when calling every time. I am very happy with Frontpoint and feel safer knowing I have the best system. Just an FYI--regarding previous reviews--when cancelling a contract, you will need to 'buy out' of that contract. That is typical of most companies (cell phone, etc.). Frontpoint disclosed that to me upfront. I asked a LOT of questions and found the company very transparent in their business practices. No surprises - just a happy customer. :)

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

I started with Frontpoint in 2015. Customer service was good and they instructed me on exactly where to put my sensors and so I did. Also, my store has many large glass pane windows and they did not advise me to get glass breakers. Almost 2yrs later we had a break in and over $7000 in clothing was stolen. The police were never called because the sensors did not work properly and we did not have glass break sensors. I called and was very angry because of the obvious. They told me it was my fault because I did not place the sensors correctly. I told them I placed them exactly where I was instructed to place them. Then they saw there was an issue with the sensors so they said they would replace them and add 2 free glass breakers so that this would never happen again and give me a free month of service. I regretfully accepted not know many other options.

About a year and a half later which would be about 3 months ago we were broken into again. This time the glass break sensor was triggered but they called me at 6am to ask me if everything was okay. We don't open our store until 10am everyday so nobody would ever be at our clothing store at 6am which they already knew as I told them from the previous break in 2 years prior. I told them that I had no idea if everything was okay because I wasn't there. About 2 to 5 minutes had passed at this point and then the police were notified. It only takes 2 to 4 mins to be robbed and to flee the scene free and clear which I was told by a police officer. The police arrived about 2 mins after the call was made and we lost thousands more in clothing once again.

I called Frontpoint once again very angry. They told me that they had to contact us first before calling the police. "That is ridiculous!" They told me they could set it up where they would contact the police first from that point on. I said great!. A couple weeks later one of my glass break sensors fell off the ceiling due to the heat in the store when we were closed. The sticky strip had got too hot and the sensor fell from the ceiling. I received a call from Frontpoint asking me if everything was okay. They did not contact the police immediately as they said the account had been changed to do in case of any sensor being triggered. Thank God it was a false alarm or I could have been out thousands more.

I finally had enough and searched out a company called Deep Sentinel. They are cameras that monitor and prevent theft or a break in. They work amazing! I had someone messing around on the porch of our store and they came across the speaker immediately and the person left our property. I decided to cancel Frontpoint since the new company is turning out to be a great investment. Today I called to cancel service. I waited on hold for over 25 minutes which has never happened before and then I was told I would be billed for another month because there is a 30 day notice that has to be given. I did not decide to write this review not because of bad customer service. I tried to give the company several chances at the expense of losing thousands of dollars. If you value your business please look for a different company. I recommend Deep Sentinel!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

Worst company I've ever dealt with! After a medical emergency my finances struggled for 2 months. Frontpoint ran my checking account 7 times in one month, no phone calls or emails asking why the charge didn't go through or notifying me of an issue. I've been told that it's my problem and they're unwilling to do anything to make things right.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

Frontpoint's window sensors are garbage. My family and I have been woken up 7 times from false alarms over the past 2 1/2 years. All the false alarms have happened from 2am-3am. Try going back to sleep after that! My kids have nightmares that there's a burglar breaking into our house. I tried breaking our contract after the 3rd false alarm, but you're locked into their contract. I can't wait until my contract is up.

Frontpoint Company Information