4.0/5 (2045 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About Frontpoint

Frontpoint offers wireless home security packages with professional monitoring and app-based control. New customers work with Frontpoint representatives to find a personalized security solution for their home. Systems come preprogrammed and are designed for easy, do-it-yourself installation. Customers can try a Frontpoint home security system risk-free for 30 days.

Pros

• Month-to-month service available
  • Compatible with Alexa and Google Home
  • Build-your-own system option

Cons

• No professional installation option
  • No lifetime warranty on equipment

Bottom Line

Frontpoint security systems offer high-tech equipment and 24-hour professional monitoring. If you don’t mind installing it yourself, a Frontpoint alarm system could be a smart option for home protection.

Frontpoint Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Original review: July 4, 2021

My wife found Frontpoint and they have good customer service. We had already bought a four-camera system but it needed to be hardwired. She found this option and it was cheaper. I did it myself in less than half an hour. Every time we check the doorbell camera, it's going to show us what's going on or we can see our dog in the front yard waiting for us to come home. But the ones in the living room, a lot of times, we will try to use them and they'll buffer a lot. That's kind of a common occurrence. Also, when the system goes off, we get that call asking for a password and, "Who am I speaking with?" That's always a little aggravating, especially when we did it as an accident. What probably is even more disappointing is when that system does get accidentally triggered, we don't get a call asking if we are okay. That happened a couple of times.

Original review: July 3, 2021

We had a problem with the system recently. One would keep falling off and wouldn’t go back on, and they kept getting a flashing light. I was on the phone for almost four hours with Frontpoint and finally, what I did is I just left it alone, hoping it would reset itself. When I had more patience, I was gonna spend 20 minutes on it and then I fixed it myself.

The quality of the system is not that good. I went out and spent 200 on internet boosters from my internet provider and I put two in each room. I've got boosters all over the house, and they still don’t always pick it up. The signal is not too weak for anything else in the house. My stepson was upstairs and he had no trouble with using one of the boosters. I've got a system which stinks, but thank God, I never need it. I called to try to fix it, and they were useless. It was very frustrating. They had me do the same thing over and over again, and they kept saying it was my signal. I called Comcast, and they said, “It's not your signal. Your signal is really strong.” Two boosters in each room. One is usually enough.

Original review: July 2, 2021

Frontpoint needs improvement with equipment and customer service. I've always had an issue talking to somebody intelligent who knows how to troubleshoot glitches in the system. I still have some cameras I haven't hooked up just because trying to get a hold of them is painful and it takes too long. Also, if they say this is DIY, not everybody can. It's not as easy as they advertise. I've wired and built houses but not everybody can do this. Trying to read through the code is a little difficult. Please send somebody over to help me.

Original review: July 1, 2021

I have multiple alarms and Frontpoint is my third security system. I've got two hardwired, and then I figured, “Why not?” I like it a lot. It’s simple. The only thing that sucks is that it’s handled through Alarm.com, the app. The main hardwired PEAK Alarm here in Utah uses Alarm.com for their app as well and if I change the password on one system, it logs into the other, and then we can’t access the other one. It’s a pain, but that's not Frontpoint's fault. Outside of that, I've had great experience all the way through.

Original review: June 30, 2021

Get Frontpoint. I got a couple of motion detectors and all the windows and stuff downstairs, and it all works fine. They call me when it goes off. We also got the app on our phones and it’s good. I like it.

Original review: June 29, 2021

The installation of my sensors was fine. When I upgraded to a newer system with a digital panel, it was great but the charge doesn't last very long. I kept charging every other day and ended up having to run my own power for it. Other than that, the newer system is a lot better than the old one I had. It's a more modern digital panel versus a little push-button analog-type thing. But Frontpoint should improve customer service, tech support, and getting back to somebody in some kind of emergency.

I ​had an incident where the lights went out at home. I didn't know that the lights were out in the neighborhood and I opened up the door and the Frontpoint system went off. They called me right away and I explained to the rep that it was me and that the power's off. I asked what to do because the alarm kept going and resetting. It was rearming itself after going off for three minutes and then going off again as soon as we opened the door to do something. The rep helped me out and cancelled the alarm. She told me that she would get me a tech but then the alarm stopped ringing so I thought that was it.

We came to find out that the alarm reset and it kept going off. So I had to go through a whole thing through their phone system that goes through a host just to get somebody from tech support to help me. I got somebody on the phone and they said “Okay, we got to switch you over to tech support again.” I then had to go through a whole other thing but I couldn't get anybody on the line because they were backed up. So, they put me on a list for a callback. Nobody was calling me back because when the first person called, they put my system on test mode because the power was out. So, Frontpoint knew that it was a false alarm. About an hour later, somebody called and told me I didn't need the Wi-Fi to shut the system off. They said I could do that through the panel.

At the time, I couldn't shut it off through the panel because when it went off originally, I was trying to cancel it and I must have pushed something while the panel went into search for the Wi-Fi mode. The Wi-Fi was out so it was searching and it wouldn’t let me get off that screen. Two hours later, the panel was back and I was able to shut it off. But just to get that information or for somebody to try to help me, it was basically impossible.

Original review: June 28, 2021

Prior to getting Frontpoint, I wasn't sleeping at night because while I was out of the country, people broke in and vandalized my home. It was very scary. At the time, my son was about 15 years old and he is a high-functioning autistic. I already have issues with sleeping at night, plus I'm also a widow. So I had a whole lot of stuff going on with me and I needed something to feel safe right away. I called Frontpoint and they talked to me about their product. I liked that the equipment could be mailed to me and that I could set it up myself. I watched a lot of the tutorials that were online and I thought that that was going to be perfect for me because I could set it up.

Aside from that, I could call and ask questions while I was setting up, which was what I did when I was setting everything up. It was so easy and I have been able to sleep since then. That was in 2016 and I have not had any issues so far. I've had one or two glitches that I've had to come and fix, but other than that, I've slept better than prior to what happened. I also tell everybody about Frontpoint when it comes to security systems. Everything that I've been concerned about, I've called and talked to someone about it, and they’ve given me all kinds of solution.

Original review: June 27, 2021

I recently added the doorbell to my Frontpoint system. I got a couple of deals I got to stick up but I got them a while ago. It's just me finding the right place to put them. I got good support from their tech group. I’d recommend a friend to take a look at Frontpoint.

Original review: June 26, 2021

I had a problem with the little devices that you stick on the doors. The sliding glass door was a problem. So, Frontpoint had to send me another one, and that got resolved. But recently, that started acting really weird. I was on the phone with someone named Christopher several days ago, and that was a rather torturous conversation. But eventually, we got the one that I have to work. Then, he finally agreed to send me a new one. Now, I have the new one here, and I can't get it to work. So, I have to call them again and get it figured out.

He couldn't answer my question. What was happening was, I'd be sitting in my living room, and all of the sudden, the patio door closed, and I wasn't even near the patio door. Our patio door opened, and I wasn't even near it. So, I said, “Do you have an explanation for that?” He said, “No.” It's only been the patio door. That's the most important door. They couldn't tell me why that was happening, which is why I called them to begin with.

Other than that, I downloaded the app, and I turn the system on and off through that. It’s very easy. Then, I have the thing on the wall where you can also activate and deactivate from the thing you stick on the wall. Overall, I don't think it's difficult to comprehend at all. I would recommend Frontpoint but one caveat to that is the customer service people need to be more experienced. The rep I dealt with had to keep putting me on hold. I could tell he was new. So, Frontpoint needs to stick with someone who's more experienced.

Original review: June 25, 2021

When I went through some issues, Frontpoint's service wasn't the smoothest operation but then they did rectify it. They sent me new equipment out if I would sign up for a year and promised to re-up my contract for a year, which was fine. Everything seems to be working great. I had an alarm go off once. The whole thing was so freaky, and it happened in the middle of the night. They didn't call and I was blaming them. It could have been me. But for the most part, my experience has been positive. They do respond. The other day, I tested my smoke alarm. They responded right away because I had to replace some battery.

I wish that they would have notified me that the closest panel was no longer being manufactured. When I ended up having a battery that was fat in the back of my alarm panel, that was what set my alarm off. The battery had swelled up so bad. I'm surprised I didn't have a fire, and that was what concerned me. I had called them because I was having a hard time finding a battery. I didn't want to replace the battery. It was the second time I replaced it. When I went to replace it, I said, “I'm concerned that this is going to happen again.” The guy I was talking to said, “Oh, we don't manufacture them anymore. But we can give you the new equipment.” I would have rather had somebody notify me early on that the batteries start exploding on you. But for the most part, it's not been the worst experience in the world.

Frontpoint Company Information