2.52/5
  • 1 star
Based on 78 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Frontpoint does home security differently. By offering complete protection coupled with truly genuine and helpful service, Frontpoint gives customers everything they need and nothing they don’t. All Frontpoint customers get a personalized security solution designed to not only make them feel safe, but feel good, as well.

Every Frontpoint system comes with 100% wireless equipment and 100% cellular monitoring, for no extra charge. Cellular monitoring means a more reliable connection between the home and monitoring center, and wireless means no lines for burglars to cut. Frontpoint also works with you to ensure that every system is customized to fit every customer’s unique home and lifestyle needs. Frontpoint systems are also refreshingly simple, allowing for customers to set up, move or expand systems on their own, at any time.

In addition to intrusion, all Frontpoint monitoring plans include protection against fire, flood, freeze, carbon monoxide and medical emergencies. Also, advanced technology such as remote online access, free mobile apps keep customers in touch and in control at all times, no matter where they are. When consumers compare Frontpoint to the competition, it’s easy to see just what makes them stand out.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 11, 2018

5766 Frontpoint Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

My Frontpoint security system was installed a year ago and the installation was easy. I'm pretty satisfied with the service and I feel secure. Everyone feels a little bit safer when they have a security system in their house. The system is very simple, easy to use and to understand. I use the interactive feature on my tablet and it's very useful and also easy and simple.

Frontpoint response

Great to hear your system is making you feel safer!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2017

Installing the Frontpoint system was very easy. I called them and they walked me through sensor by sensor and the activation. They made sure it was registering on their end and we kept the system going. I didn't have any issues ever since. The app on the phone is decent and I use it all the time. It has most of the controls that you would expect a phone app to have. I can't get to pulling the notification settings on the app but I can easily access that on the web portal.

The only downfall I've noticed is the appearance of the home panel that we have when it runs. We have a touchscreen so it's nice but it does have a lot of lag in the interface between touching it and the actual function. I need to put in my disarm codes and it shows up on the keypad. Then I hit the numbers and there's some lag in between and takes some time to catch up. But disarming through the app on my phone is almost instantaneous because my phone's doing all the computing. So the touchscreen needs to have more capacity and more processing power.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for your feedback Adam, it is always valuable to us as it helps make sure we moving in the right direction. Also, we're happy to see that your installation was easy for you! Thank you again and let us know if you need anything in the future!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2017

I got Frontpoint for my business and it was easy to install. However, my experience with them has been a little frustrating. They have the devices stuck on the wall, but one didn't stick and fell off so I had to glue them on. Then when the alarm went off, they called me and said, "Is everything okay there?" like I'm at home, but I was on a midnight run when that happened. They didn't seem to know what was going on, but they are fine when asking for help with setting up new devices. Although Frontpoint is definitely cheaper, my previous service from ADT is better because they were more towards businesses unlike Frontpoint, which is more for home use.

Frontpoint response

Jonathan thank you for the feedback as it definitely helps us grow as a company.Also, thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention, as we want to ensure you are getting the peace of mind from your system, we will have one of our Support Supervisors reach to discuss your situation in more detail. Thank you again and we look forward to speaking with you shortly.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2017

I have Frontpoint for a little over a year and I like them. It was easy installing the system and someone over the phone ran me through it. I also talked to them a couple of times when we added a few sensors and everyone's very nice over the phone. I use the app on my phone all the time and it's super convenient.

Frontpoint response

Glad to hear our Support Team was able to assist you with getting your system installed!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2017

The installation of our Frontpoint system was very easy and it was very self-explanatory. So far, I've used their interactive features and I find it easy. My interaction with their reps went really well. Compared to other companies, their customer service is really good because they’re always there if I ever have a question and they’re easy to reach, and that’s really important in the security business. In fact, they have one of the best customer service.

Frontpoint response

Glad to hear you're getting the excellent customer experience we always aim to provide!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Original review: Jan. 20, 2017

Installing the device was a little challenging because I had to do it on my own, but I was able to figure it out at least and their team was good. They walked me through how to install things. I also have the mobile app and it's excellent. Frontpoint gives me a sense of security and I’ve been very happy with it. However, I had ordered it for two houses and it works for this house but wouldn’t for my other house.

Frontpoint response

We're sorry to hear that your setup took a little longer than you expected, however, we are happy to hear that our Support Team was there to help you get everything up and running. Thanks for sharing your experience and please let us know if you ever need anything going forward!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2017

I was referred by a friend to Frontpoint. Installation was simple and hassle-free. Customer service is reliable, helpful, clear and consistent. I feel slightly more secure having the security system. Good quality, reliable and simple.

Frontpoint response

Glad to hear your feeling safer with your system!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

I had done some research online and found the reviews for Frontpoint. I signed up with them after I did some more investigating. The installation was very simple and there was a technician on the line who guided me through it. The team at Frontpoint has been very helpful and supportive. Any time we have a false alarm, which is all we’ve had at this point, they’ve very prompt. They call right away and make sure that there’s no problem. I also use the mobile app off my phone all the time and if I wasn’t able to do that, I probably would not have Frontpoint. I have recommended Frontpoint to friends. The experience with them has all been really good. Their system is simple and effective and customer service is off the charts.

Frontpoint response

It's so great to hear that you are enjoying your system and all of those interactive features! Thanks so much for sharing your awesome experience and please let us know if there is anything we can ever do for you going forward.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

The installation of my device was easy. Plus, we use the app regularly and I love it. Also, working with the Frontpoint team has been great.

Frontpoint response

Glad to hear your system is working exactly how you need it to!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

I used ASG before and Frontpoint is much better. They're very good and that's why I keep them. Installing the device was easy as pie and it's been great overall.

Frontpoint response

Glad to hear that your setup was "easy as pie" and that you are enjoying your system!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

Frontpoint is our first home security and we've had them for at least a year. The installation was pretty simple and the Frontpoint team has been pretty nice. A couple of times the alarm goes off because we forget it's on when we get home and we set it off but they've always been really good with it. We have used the app before and it wasn't bad.

Frontpoint response

Great to hear your system is working how you need it to!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

We had ADT before but they would not work with me to secure the detached garage that I built so we switched to Frontpoint. They're easier to work with and I didn’t run into any issues when I installed their system. I need to drill holes and put things in door jambs but it wasn’t complicated. After it was installed I called them and they worked with me for half an hour, and then it was up and running. I like the fact that there’s comfort in knowing that there's an alarm system in our home. Nonetheless, I would like to do more towards turning the lights on and off but so far, we’re happy with them. I have recommended them to friends.

Frontpoint response

Thanks for the recommendations and I'm glad to hear that your system is making you feel safer!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

The Frontpoint device is easy to install. Just take the tape off the back, put the sensor next to the other sensor, go to the next door and it programs itself. So when I put it all up it's ready to go, then I turn on the other thing and it runs through a systems check and tests everything to make sure all those sensors that I put up are there. Then I start naming them so that the surveillance has the right name and that's it. If I need more stuff, I can order it. Customer service is more than willing to help. At first though, they were hyperactive on any alarms that I get like if I don’t turn the alarm off in a minute, they're calling the police. I had to calm them down and tell them to not call the police that fast because first of all, I don’t know what's going on. I got a teenager at home and it could be very much that he just walked out the door and didn’t turn the alarm off. Other than that, they have been really nice.

I feel more secure at night. My biggest fear was people trying to get in the house and sneak up on me before I knew they were there and now that’s not going to happen. If people break in the house, I'll know it. My wife and I have the app on our phones so we could both turn the system off and on whenever we need to. It works really well and has been useful, though I have to remember to do it. If I set the alarm for no delay, forget that I did that and walk in the door, the alarm would go off.

My experience has been good. The equipment works as advertised and the service is diligent. What I don't like is that I had to sign a three-year contract with them. I did it anyway but now I got bothered more so I wish I hadn't. I have to buy the contract out if I want to get out of it. There's another company called SimpliSafe which has the same kind of cellphone technology and doesn’t make me sign a contract. So if I had to do it all over again, I would probably go with that and am not gonna be signing a contract.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us David as your feedback definitely helps us grow as a company. We're also glad to hear that our Support Team was able to assist you anytime that you called in. Thank you again and let us know if there's anything we can do for you in the future!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

Installing the Frontpoint device was nice and easy. Everything was nice, clear and it came to my house with good directions. I've only called the team twice. Once was for the actual purchase and setup and the second one was to get a different door sensor for a garage door. They went above and beyond to make me happy and every time I call, everyone was very nice. We moved up from the city into the country and being home alone is one of her biggest fears. Now, my wife has a huge sense of security and Frontpoint gives that comfortable feeling.

Frontpoint response

it's so great to hear that you're system is making you feel safer! Its also ways our goal to provide peace of mind and we're happy to hear you're getting that!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

We've had a great experience so far. If there's an issue, Frontpoint helped us and it's fine. The installation of my system was fast, very simple and I love the interactive features. We have talked about Frontpoint to many friends.

Frontpoint response

Glad to hear that your install went smoothly! Thanks for the recommendations!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

Every time I've called Frontpoint, they've answered my questions. And then whenever I've had defective products, they walked me through fixing them or when I had to return the motion sensor because I didn't want it, I returned it with no problems.

Frontpoint response

Glad to hear our Support Team was able to get you what you needed for your system!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

I feel better with the Frontpoint security device. However, one thing that I didn't like about Frontpoint was the initial sales contact was pushy. He said, "If you don't take it now, then you're not gonna get it for this price." I told him I was gonna call him back. And if he couldn't get it to me for the price, then I just wouldn't get it. I think they should give me 48 hours. I wanted to find out about it. Plus, my husband was out of town at that time and I wanted to discuss it with him. I didn't want to just jump into one. But other than that, everything has been great. I'd recommend Frontpoint.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for the "5" star rating and the recommendation! Don't hesitate to call if you need anything in the future!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

The Frontpoint device is easy and straightforward to install. The smart app is a great feature. I use it to activate or deactivate the security and I picked it up just because it has flexibility. I'm happy with Frontpoint.

Frontpoint response

It's great to hear that you are happy with your system and enjoying that smartphone app!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

I didn’t want a system that was connected to a telephone line. I did internet research and based on the cost of cellular-based security systems, Frontpoint was rated number one under Google. Installation was really cool and went like a breeze. Frontpoint gave all the sticky stuff to make the two fire alarms, motion sensor, and all the door sensors stick to the wall. Everything is still held up there.

It's always been a great service. I can count three times where it’s been 4:00 in the morning and I’ve accidentally set the alarm off and nobody’s held it against me. I also had a toaster oven issue where a taco caught on fire and I couldn’t get to the phone in time. My girlfriend is second on the list, so Frontpoint called her. I appreciated the severity of the situation but I also appreciated that they immediately didn’t call the fire department and called us first so that the situation didn’t get any more embarrassing than it had to be. I’d recommend Frontpoint to anybody.

Frontpoint response

It's great to hear that our Cellular technology is working out for you and that our Monitoring station was able to assist you during that alarm! Thank you for the great rating and let us know if you need anything in the future!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

We've been using Frontpoint for six months now and it's dramatically better compared to our previous security provider. My husband installed the device and it was very simple. There were a couple of problems that we've had but their team immediately took care of them. We were missing one of the alarms for the door and they sent it out within the week that we called. We also had something that went off when it shouldn't have and that was fixed immediately, as well. We like very much that it's all online. I can set it when I'm out of the house and I forgot to set it. Also, I can turn off the alarm before I enter when I'm turning a lot of groceries into the house. And definitely, a highlight for us is the service within the company. We're completely happy with Frontpoint.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for sharing your story Sally! Our goal is to always provide the most cutting edge technology so it's great to see that the interactive features are making your system more convenient to use. Thank you again for sharing and let us know if you need anything in the future!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

Our experience with Frontpoint has been good. We've had a problem with our panel not updating but they sent us a new one the next day. So, that was great. Its installation was easy and they would offer help if I needed it. Their reps were able answer every question that I had. I thought they were weird questions sometimes but they knew how to answer. It was nice having problems that they knew about and none that they didn't know about. We only use the app in arming and disarming the system, and it's nice being able to do that. My favorite part is the notifications. If I get so far away from the house, it'll tell me if I set the alarm or not. I really like that because I've never had a security system ever in my life, so it's hard to transition to remembering to set the alarm every single time.

Frontpoint response

Chris, it makes us happy to hear that our Support Team was able to answer all of your questions. Thank you for the great rating and let us know if we can do anything for you in the future!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

I had a fine experience with Frontpoint. In fact, I wanted to call them and see about picking up more items for the house. I had ADT before but Frontpoint was a little bit more economical to establish initially. Installation was very easy, and their reps were friendly and helpful. I use their interactive feature on my phone and it works fine. It's extremely helpful and convenient. Also, we relocated to a new home and resetting the sensors went very well.

Frontpoint response

We're happy to hear that you were able to get your system moved to your new home without any problems! Thanks for sharing your experience and please let us know if there is anything we can ever do for you going forward.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

My son bought Frontpoint and had it installed for us because we’ve been robbed and he didn’t like the idea that we didn’t have a security system anymore. I had questions when I got my device and the Frontpoint team was very helpful in answering. I feel much better and secure with their device installed and I’d recommend them.

Frontpoint response

We're happy to hear that your system is making you feel safer in your home! Thank you for the great rating and let us know if you need anything in the future!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

We've had Frontpoint for less than a year, but ever since we got it, I feel very safe. Installation has been easy, too. Although we haven’t turned the security device on because the kids have been out of school for three weeks.

Frontpoint response

It's so great to hear that you are feeling safer with your Frontpoint system!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

We've been using Frontpoint for almost a year now and so far, our experience has been good other than the fact that we can’t use our interior sensors. I watched my husband install it and he didn’t seem to have too many issues with it even if he’s not very savvy with that stuff. Their reps have been friendly and were able to answer most of my questions. We did have an issue though with our system that nobody could really answer and it hasn’t been fixed but it’s okay. It’s not the end of the world. We arm or disarm the system on our phone and then we use the console at the front door. It’s super convenient because we often forget to arm it when we leave, so we can just do it wherever on the phone. However, one hiccup that we have was when I arm it from my phone in the “Stay” mode, sometimes it arms it in the “Away” mode and that turns our sensors on. Other than that, we’ve had a great experience.

Frontpoint response

Justine thank you for the 5 star rating and we're glad to hear your install went smoothly! As we want to make sure you are getting the full use of your system, we will have one of our Support Specialist reach out to you to discuss your concerns in more detail. Thank you again and let us know if you need anything in the future!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

We've been using Frontpoint for a year and the service is better than the other system we had before. We inherited the previous system when we bought the house and it had been installed years ago. So, it’s like a Model T Ford versus a modern day car, and it was totally different. The installation of the Frontpoint device didn’t take long and it was easy. We arm and disarm the system from our phone and it certainly makes things easy.

Frontpoint response

Glad to hear your system is working exactly how you need it to! Thank you for the great rating!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

The guys at Frontpoint are pretty easy going. When I've called, they actually took care of me. They bend over backwards to take care of the customer. I haven't really installed it yet because doing the installation myself is not my cup of tea. I found Frontpoint online and they had higher rating than what ADT was getting. Frontpoint gave me an indoor camera. I hooked it up for a while, and it has night vision and records which is nice to have. I got online and it works as far as getting online and looking in the house. They’re a topnotch company in my book.

But I couldn’t really leave the system on because the little dogs would set it off in the hallways. I got Frontpoint because of my dogs, to know that they are safe. I don’t care if people would steal anything in the house, but I don’t want them to kill my dogs. Frontpoint seems to work, because I watch a lot of movies and those shatter things really go off quite a bit. The glass shatter works because I got it right around the TV and when there's some loud noise, it will say, “Sensors going off.” But I never hooked it up because it has to be pretty close to the door. If I would install it, it’d probably be a great product.They're a very good company.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for choosing us to protect your home and we are glad that we've been everything you've expected. Also, it's so great to hear that you've been taken of any time you've called in with our Support Team. We appreciate the great rating and let us know if you need anything in the future!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

Frontpoint installation was very easy and their reps have been very good. We arm and disarm the system on the mobile which is convenient. When we were purchasing the system, we were told that anything less than 40 pounds shouldn't trigger anything. However, we've been getting some false alarms. I wish the product wouldn't have that because of police cars that have to pull up while we're away. And, we've gotten warnings about charges next time there'll be a false alarm. I'm a little bit less positive about the product itself but the customer support has been great.

Frontpoint response

Donny, we are glad to hear that the installation went easy for you and that smartphone app is making your system easier to use! Because we want to make sure you get the most out of your system we will have one of our Support Specialist reach out to assist you with you other concerns. Thanks again and we look forward to speaking with you soon!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

First, this monitoring system is NOT for those who may be disabled/handicapped as I have found out. I have mobility issues and have in pain almost all the time. I experienced a great number of camera issues, again, being transferred from tech to tech is not my idea of a fun day. I do realize they were trying to help out however, I was being asked to do tasks that I am unable to perform, with that being said I had to return the camera since this is now not an option for me. Please think it through before making a decision into purchasing a monitoring system.

Frontpoint response

Reno, thank you for your feedback. It is always our goal to make provide a system that is easy and simple for anyone, we understand that this wasn't your experience and hope you accept our sincerest apology for any inconvenience you feel this may have caused. At this time, we see that you have spoke with one of our Support Supervisors regarding your concerns and are glad to see they've been addressed. Thank you again and feel free to let us know if you need anything in the future.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

I hit the review websites and everybody said that Frontpoint's customer service was second to none. But they have exceeded our expectations as far as customer service goes. They were every bit as attentive and there for us. They walked us through the setup. Installation was super easy. The one time that our alarm went off they were lovely and wonderful and thank God it wasn’t anything. Our cat set off the motion detector, but they were great. We have recommended them and as a result, our neighbor got our system.

Frontpoint response

Wow, welcome to the Frontpoint Family Robyn! We are always looking to give an industry leading customer service experience and we are so glad that your getting just that. Thank you for your recommendation and remember, if you need us, we're only one call away!

Frontpoint Company Information

2007
1595 Spring Hill Road Suite 110
Vienna
VA
www.frontpointsecurity.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use