4.31/5
Based on 1,622 ratings submitted in the last year

Need a home alarm?

Frontpoint

Frontpoint does home security differently. By offering complete protection coupled with truly genuine and helpful service, Frontpoint gives customers everything they need and nothing they don’t. All Frontpoint customers get a personalized security solution designed to not only make them feel safe, but feel good, as well.

Every Frontpoint system comes with 100% wireless equipment and 100% cellular monitoring, for no extra charge. Cellular monitoring means a more reliable connection between the home and monitoring center, and wireless means no lines for burglars to cut. Frontpoint also works with you to ensure that every system is customized to fit every customer’s unique home and lifestyle needs. Frontpoint systems are also refreshingly simple, allowing for customers to set up, move or expand systems on their own, at any time.

In addition to intrusion, all Frontpoint monitoring plans include protection against fire, flood, freeze, carbon monoxide and medical emergencies. Also, advanced technology such as remote online access, free mobile apps keep customers in touch and in control at all times, no matter where they are. When consumers compare Frontpoint to the competition, it’s easy to see just what makes them stand out.

View More View More

7661 Frontpoint Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 16, 2019

When I talk to the salespeople at Frontpoint they told me that I would have a package that included a smartphone app and did not tell me that the smartphone app was only a trial. In the contract it states for a trial period. I believed what the salesperson said and signed the contract right away without reading and to my disappointment the app disappeared and when I called they wanted $10 more a month for access. My experience in the past with Protect America and ADT this is a free service that comes along with it. I am very disappointed in the misrepresentation from their sales group. Also for service if you have technical issues they're only available during the week and business hours. Protect America and ADT are available 24 seven as it should be with an alarm service. Very disappointed that I got stuck in a three-year contract with these guys. Never again.

Original review: March 16, 2019

This was extremely easy to set up and customer service is extremely helpful. I'm over 66 and not tech savvy so if I can do this anyone can do it. I feel very secure. Any time I have a question they are always there to help.

Original review: March 16, 2019

My best friend has Frontpoint, so she told me to go with them. I like that the system is wireless and nobody can cut wires and disable it. Also, my interaction with the sales rep was very good and I even ordered more stuff. I used the coupon but it was only for one thing and I thought it was for whatever was in my cart. They gave me the whole cart with the coupon although they didn’t have to do that. I did the installation myself which was easy and I customized my system as well. I got the carbon monoxide feature and then I got a smoke detector, so if something goes off and I'm not home, they would call the firefighters to come get my cats. That was awesome. Then, for the windows, they have a detector not only if someone opens them, but if they were shattered as well. Lastly, the cost was good. It was less than $40 a month.

Original review: March 16, 2019

My wife wanted a security system, and the reps at Frontpoint were all good. I installed the system and it was easy to do. I use the smartphone feature which I find convenient. Plus the cost is fair.

Original review: March 16, 2019

When we bought a new home, we decided to purchase a security system. We went with Frontpoint and their guy seemed knowledgeable, fair and straightforward. He went through the different options. He was good and allowed us to go through each room of our house and what we needed. I set the system up myself and it seemed pretty simple. So far, the quality of the system has been good and when we’re away, our sense of security has been a little better. Frontpoint should keep being honest and straightforward during the sales process. I would recommend them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Original review: March 15, 2019

My wife cared for a home security system more than I did and she just felt safer with Frontpoint. The previous provider we had was more expensive, but, so far, Frontpoint has been always more secure. We’ve had a lot of issues, however, with false alarms. We've had Frontpoint for about a year now and it has been every month that we had an issue with the system. It seems like it is always about a month a period that the false alarm happens for some reason. The representatives from Frontpoint were fine, but they didn’t know what to do because I kept having the same issue. All they kept doing was send me new equipment, but that didn’t do anything to fix it. They were stuck on what to do anymore. I hope that the issue has been taken care of. But, overall, they were nice. Everything else works fine.

Original review: March 15, 2019

Frontpoint's sales rep was nice. They were knowledgeable and they answered all my questions. The installation was pretty easy and self-explanatory. However, I wish I had been told more about the features and qualities of the actual unit -- the unit should be improved. One time, when the fire alarm went off and they called, I had questions, but nobody gave answers. Then they referenced parts and pieces, but they were for another unit. The system is nice for peace of mind, but it's not worth 1,800 bucks in three years.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I did a comparative analysis on security systems and Frontpoint came very strong compared to all the others. I liked the fact that I could do the self-install and it was very easy. It also came recommended by the people. Also, their customer service is outstanding. I had a problem with one of my devices and they responded quickly. They sent me out a new one. The device was broken when I got it and that fixed the problem. I'm happy with the features, too. It looks like there were a lot more capabilities that I'm not using right now but otherwise, I love it. I also love the fact that I've got the app and a panel so it gives me all the things. Also, the cost was reasonable and modest. The quality is good and everything is working great.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I loved this company, they treated us well for years so don't take this as a negative review of FrontPoint's monitoring. This is a warning that if you ever want to leave their service you will pay a price. It took me hours of time and ultimately $250 of "monitoring" on equipment that was disconnected when I first requested the cancelation to actually get out of the service. Up to this point I was a evangelist for FrontPoint but I cannot in good conscience recommend that anyone do business with this company especially considering the new alternatives on the market like Nest and Ring that provide better equipment at lower costs and monitoring that is at a fraction of what FrontPoint charges. Plus when you leave the aforementioned services Ring and Nest they cancel their services immediately and won't charge you for 90 days of 'service' after the cancellation. Be cautious.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I needed something to drive a psycho out and Frontpoint seemed like a good security system. I did the installation myself and it was easy, and every time I called their customer service reps, they were very helpful. The features in my system are good, although I do not like that I get so many videos and it seems that the traffic going by sets it off a lot. Other than that, the quality and function are fine and the cost is okay. I like having the app in there too.

Original review: March 13, 2019

The Frontpoint system is good. The only problem is I had to install it and I didn't have much knowledge about that. We still had some issues because sometimes the sensors didn't work much. But so far, everything is okay. Their customer service works sometimes when we talk to them. However, if anything goes wrong, they do not come for the service call

Original review: March 13, 2019

I got burglarized and I decided to purchase a home security system. I don’t live here full-time and I have a lot of tools in my garage because I’m a contractor. There’s a car here too. I was pleased with the Frontpoint reps on the phone. They were helpful and got right on it. Installation was simple. I didn’t understand a couple of things, so I called and they helped me get it all straightened out. Every time I talked to Frontpoint, they’ve been very good. Also, I set the alarm off by accident, so I know it works. One time, I forgot to set it when I left but I was able to set it through my phone.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I got a new house and decided to purchase a home security system and Frontpoint seemed like it's a good system. Their reps were friendly and helpful and installing the system was very easy. The features all seem to work and the cost is in line.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I wanted to get a home security system to protect my home and monitor activity. When my kids go to school and come home, the doorbell camera, with the camera, could alarm me and I would be able to hear what's going. Another thing is the fire alarm system. If I'm not at home and something goes wrong, it will help me to get the firefighters to come to my home. Also, in order to get a discount from my home insurance provider, I needed to have a home security system. I then went online and did research on different providers. I saw Frontpoint's reviews and I found them to be very competitive. Vivint and Frontpoint were the two leading companies, but I decided to get Frontpoint's services because they were the top rated in many places.

The salespeople I talked to on the phone were happy and they helped me a lot. They also got me some of the discounts on some of the products. I chose the top-notch tech to go on my house - the best movie video camera, the doorbell camera, and the touchpad panel. I ordered those months earlier when I was planning to buy a house and they came when I got into the house. What was delivered to me, however, was a manual panel. That made me dissatisfied with Frontpoint's sales dept. The people I spoke to when we were making the agreement confirmed that I would be getting the touch panel. Also, everyone at the top knows whatever price was locked.

When I called them about what happened, they told me that what I got was what I was supposed to get and if I wanted the touchpad panel, I needed to pay extra. I thought of returning all the equipment that I have but then I decided to use them. The system is working. Frontpoint keeps on calling me for any kind of alarm, but I like it.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I had a Frontpoint system for 3+ years and it was relatively trouble-free. Easy installation, good technical support on the phone, the equipment worked as needed (except the motion detectors what sent out false alarms I ended up taking off-line). My problems with Frontpoint started after I sold the house and tried to cancel the account. After 4 calls and lots of run-around I was informed that I needed to provide a 30 day written notice of termination of the service. Yes, I had an online portal but you couldn't give notice through your account. This was ONLY to make it harder to end the contract.

It was after FOUR calls to Frontpoint they told me about the written notice and tried to tell me that they had informed me from the first call. This was UNTRUE. At this point I understood that I was dealing with a shady business. Also, when I asked to speak to a supervisor I was summarily informed that there was no process at Frontpoint to speak to someone in charge. I tried to take my credit card off the account from my online Frontpoint portal and couldn't unless I supplied a different valid card number. I do not have much faith that this will end without bogus charges for a security system in a house I no longer live in and for a service I tried to cancel well over a month ago. If you go with Frontpoint, use caution - they are not forthright or honest.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I bought a house out in the mountains and it’s 10 minutes away from the nearest police station or fire department. I wanted to make sure that when I'm away from home, I have peace of mind that my house is secure. Frontpoint’s prices were right for the services they offered and they seemed to have great reviews online. I did a lot of research and they seemed to be a reputable company which was why I chose them. I’ve only had to speak with a few people since I’ve had the system put in but everybody that I’ve spoken with has not only been very friendly but extremely knowledgeable.

I did the installation myself and it was extremely easy and simple. I had a few issues because I was in the middle of nowhere and my connectivity was a little bit tricky to get. I had to find where in the house had the best signal but one of the techs stayed on the phone with me for a really long time to help with that. He was super patient and he had great phone etiquette. He walked me through what to do and he gave me steps to write down so that I didn’t have to call back if I ever wanted to run the test again. I was happy with it.

I like the features that the system offered but with the basic package that I have, it doesn’t give me the option to manage my system online. It tells me if it’s armed but I can only look at what’s active on the system. I can’t arm and disarm my system through an app and without paying for the next level of membership, which is another $10 or $15 a month. I didn’t feel that for the extra money per month, it was worth having that access but it kinda is. I like having the ability to be online miles away from my house and check my security system and turn the security system on from my phone. Frontpoint should offer the online option for the basic package but other than that, I’m very happy with the product, the services and the customer service. The system is very easy to use and as far as the cost for the value, it’s a very good deal.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I'd recommend Frontpoint. They seemed very straightforward and simple, and we heard a good review about them by someone we knew. Everyone at Frontpoint is on the ball, familiar with the product, and answers questions quickly. So, we have been very happy with everyone we've spoken to. Installing the system was very easy and straightforward. The base unit is easy to operate and understand. And the door sensors also installed easily enough, and they seem to always work. I'm also comfortable with what we've been paying. It was my wife's preference that we get Frontpoint. And having the system has helped in our sense of security. If I'm out of the house but she's still there, I'll often turn it on and I feel like since we've had it, my wife's more at ease when I get home.

Original review: March 10, 2019

We moved to a new area and I was searching for a home security company. Frontpoint popped up with good reviews, so I called them. They gave me some good deals and I chose to go with them. Everyone’s been spot on and the installation was okay. But I have to get ahold of them because I need to get a new sensor to the front door. Other than that, the installation was relatively simple and the system has good features. We used AT&T before but Frontpoint’s better.

Original review: March 10, 2019

I purchased a new home and I wanted to have it well-secured. I read the reviews of home security companies online and Frontpoint was one of the best that I’ve seen that fit my need. Their reps were very helpful and friendly. The installation was very easy, surprisingly. It only took 15-20 minutes. I got standard package with the doors and window sensors, and I like the features. They're really good although adding more sensors would be nice for the total home security. I would like to have some more window sensors in the future. The quality is really good and I like the app that I’m able to arm and disarm the system if I’m not home. The Frontpoint system makes us feel a lot more secure knowing that Frontpoint is monitoring the system 24/7.

Original review: March 10, 2019

I took the Frontpoint security system that I got from one house and put it into another house. I got a contract with them for three years, so I thought I might as well keep it. The transfer was easy to do and when I had interactions with their reps, everything went smoothly.

Original review: March 9, 2019

I stay in an apartment and my wife and daughter are home alone a lot. They wanted to get a security system. That way, we can monitor the house, have a camera in there to check out anything that’s going on in the house and I could communicate with them when I need to. Frontpoint's quick and easy process made me want to use them. They ship everything in the mail and the system is easy to hook up. You can do everything in an instant. Plus, their rep was good. He was very patient, helpful, and knew a lot about the system and what we needed. I was impressed with the fact that we could e-sign everything. The three-year contract is long though. Once you’re in it, you’re stuck.

The self-install was simple, but I had a little bit of trouble with the camera at first. It took a while to synchronize with my WiFi. Plus, the steps setting it up could’ve been shorter. Each step took an extra amount of minutes and after you've done what you had to do, it had to load a lot of different things. But other than that, everything was seamless. The features and quality are really good. We use the smartphone features all the time and they're easy to access. I can use my fingerprint to log in and access everything quickly. My family knows where we have the security system and if anything were to happen, we can use Frontpoint.

Original review: March 9, 2019

I purchased a home security system as a preventative measure and even though I've been with the company for less than a year, and I feel secure. Frontpoint was the better product, and the installation was fairly easy. The system and its features are fine.

Original review: March 9, 2019

My best friend had Frontpoint and she liked their service. I went with them as well and found that their reps were very friendly and good at following up. I had a friend help me install their system and I have liked the features that come with it so far. Though, I wish that their monthly fee was lower, I feel more secure at night with my Frontpoint system.

Original review: March 8, 2019

The installation call for my Frontpoint system was a little rough. I was looking for help, it made me feel like I was stupid. I was asking about why sensors were not showing up in the right order and it turned out that I hadn't installed three garage sensors and those were messing up my installation. With the information all in front of them, they just doggedly kept talking to me like I didn't know what I was talking about. But other than that, things has been good and the system has increased my sense of security.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I’m an AT&T employee but their security didn’t cover the area I moved in. I did an internet research and Frontpoint came out on top. With their system, I know that I have what I need and installing it was a piece of cake. It also lowers my insurance and I feel more secure with their system in my house.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I had someone going in and out of my apartment without my knowledge. I researched home security systems and Frontpoint was said to be number one. I got Frontpoint and the representatives were courteous and knowledgeable. I utilized the instructions and it was a very easy and consumer-friendly installation. The features offered in the system are fine and the quality of the equipment is very good. It works very well that it's so easy. Also, the cost is very reasonable for what I've got. Now, I feel rather secure. I use the app on my phone and I like that I get a message when my door is open any time. I could tell who's going in and out of my house at all times. If my door is open without my knowledge and my alarm is set off, they call me immediately to see if I need the policemen sent out or anything. So, Frontpoint is great.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I did a Google search and Frontpoint was the top rank to customer service security system, so I went with that option. They streamlined the process of getting the system set up and doing it yourself. Also, I like the timeliness of whenever they pick up the phone when I wanna reach out and call them. It is a super quick turnover and I am never on hold. The customer service aspect is really phenomenal.

The equipment itself is excellent. The only issue I had on the installation was that they gave three double-sided tape strips for the panel and the panel fell off the wall one night because of those strips. It didn't hold the panel and that crashed my system, so it triggered the alarm and woke us up out of our sleep in the middle of the night. It was traumatizing all because of the tapes. Everything else is fine and it is more than what is required from it, but the panel weighs the most and it should require the most care.

The instructions for setting up the system were thorough, but I still had to call in to make sure that I was doing something right. It could be beneficial if Frontpoint has somebody walk through those instructions when they write the instructions and make sure or see what the hiccups are or why people can mess up. I ran into a hiccup and I mentioned the system falling off the wall, so there was something with the quality of the tape or something with the instructions that could be a bit more thorough. Other than that, Frontpoint is doing a good job.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I needed a home security system and Frontpoint had a good introductory offer. I had a good interaction with the representative and they were very informative. They helped me make the right decision to figure out exactly what I needed for my home. My son did the installation for me and there was a number we called for assistance. The installation was easy and my son took about an hour and a half to do everything. Then we had a little bit of trouble with some of the sensors not sticking in different places in the house. It just has to be with the adhesive things that they sent with it. Also, it was very cold so when I put one on the garage door, it didn't adhere very well to the metal. So, I just bought a different kind of adhesive sticky for the back.

I'm happy so far with the features that are offered in the package. I travel a lot since I'm a truck driver and I have two adult children who live at home, so I like the smartphone features a lot. It's easy to use and it provides the information no matter where I'm at. The overall functionality and performance of the system are great. While I found out later that there were cheaper alternatives that I could have gone with, the cost was affordable because of the introductory deal that I got. I feel safer now and I am very satisfied with the Frontpoint system in general. So if you are interested in the type of security that I bought, Frontpoint is a good company to go with.

Original review: March 7, 2019

The Frontpoint rep I talked to was very polite. I got everything, but I'm still trying to get the cameras so when I'm not at home, I could see who goes into my house. The installation was easy and I did it myself. Plus, the system is helpful. I was away from home and one of my monitors fell off. It alerted me and the police. Everybody should have Frontpoint because it's very cheap to get. I've been relaxed since I got it.

Original review: March 7, 2019

There were some break-ins in my area. Frontpoint was one with the upgraded systems and they had better ratings, so I went with them. The person I dealt with was very helpful and knowledgeable. I typically have lots of questions when I sign up for stuff and he explained everything. Then I did the installation myself and it took me 10 minutes to do it. I feel a little more secure now that I have Frontpoint. I also like the app that I can use to activate the system whenever I’m not home.

Frontpoint Company Information