Call toll free
4.43/5
Based on 1,425 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Frontpoint does home security differently. By offering complete protection coupled with truly genuine and helpful service, Frontpoint gives customers everything they need and nothing they don’t. All Frontpoint customers get a personalized security solution designed to not only make them feel safe, but feel good, as well.

Every Frontpoint system comes with 100% wireless equipment and 100% cellular monitoring, for no extra charge. Cellular monitoring means a more reliable connection between the home and monitoring center, and wireless means no lines for burglars to cut. Frontpoint also works with you to ensure that every system is customized to fit every customer’s unique home and lifestyle needs. Frontpoint systems are also refreshingly simple, allowing for customers to set up, move or expand systems on their own, at any time.

In addition to intrusion, all Frontpoint monitoring plans include protection against fire, flood, freeze, carbon monoxide and medical emergencies. Also, advanced technology such as remote online access, free mobile apps keep customers in touch and in control at all times, no matter where they are. When consumers compare Frontpoint to the competition, it’s easy to see just what makes them stand out.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

7183 Frontpoint Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

An incident happened down the street and it made me nervous so I decided to purchase Frontpoint security system. I like that we could set it up ourselves and it was really easy to do than some of the other places wherein they have to come out and we have to schedule. With Frontpoint, all I had to do was put the sensors on the doors and on all the windows. Their reps have good customer service and they know all the info they need to know to help you and to get things done. The package that I got was really simple but there are a lot of things that I could add on later if I wanted to. The cost and quality of their equipment has been good. I’ve had it since March and I haven’t had any problems with it at all. I feel safer just knowing that it’s there. And even if it’s not set, there’s the panic button. I also was able to use their smartphone features. It was simple and convenient if you forget to do something. Overall, I’m happy with Frontpoint.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I bought a new home and I was checking in Google. Frontpoint was one of the top securities. The sales guy was good and I had a really good experience. I had some hiccups on the installation and they were good when I called them for help. Also, the features are working great. I like the way it works so far. It's a bit pricey but for what I'm getting, I'm happy with that.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I liked Frontpoint's ease of use, and it is something that seemed to be reliable. Some of the other providers didn’t seem to come up with a better way of using a remote system and they weren’t on a cell network. Some of the other ones here locally seem to be a little bit more pricey especially for the first installation fee. Also, the response time in all the other reviews seem to signal that Frontpoint was definitely one of the best. The person I first talked to at Frontpoint was very knowledgeable and he really helped me zone in into what kind of sensors I would need throughout the house. He was great and it was the best customer service I had.

The installation of the system was very easy. It is great that I can make it modular and find a place as we move furniture in. I can just take the command chip off and put them where I need them to be. The hardware is great, too. I got the base package for everything we need. I didn’t like the price for the next version up. We definitely wanted to get a doorbell monitor without having to pay the whole extra thing for all of the other IOC stuff that we wanna be using. But besides that, everything that we’re using right now is great. Frontpoint is affordable, and it’s a very good system in a sense of high-versatility. They have a competitive monthly fee as well.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

We've always had a home security system. Then, when we moved here from Texas, we looked into options. The system we used before had the Alarm.com app, so we looked for something that was similar to us with the app. I liked Frontpoint's good reviews as well as the credibility of the system which was very important. Also, since we're in a rental home, we couldn't drill any holes.

My husband installed the Frontpoint system and it was pretty straightforward. It took about 30 minutes in total and we had to go through a lot of sensors and extra things. We only needed to call for one thing that we were confused about, but it was easy for the most part. Our system has nine window sensors, two motion sensors, one glass break, and a standard panel. We haven't used the system, but so far, we feel fine security-wise with it being installed. The only problem we've had is that the adhesive is already starting to fall and it hasn't even been a year. One day, a sensor fell out which triggered the alarm and it scared the crap out of us. But, I love that the system is portable, so I'll happily pay that price. Other than that, the experience has been very positive. It's been smooth talking to their reps, too, and they've been professional, nice, and timely. We're very happy with Frontpoint's services.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

Because of the price point and the thought that it was an all wireless system, we got Frontpoint. The installation was an easy process but I didn’t want to have to drill any wires or drill holes in the walls to run wires for the actual control panel. So, it didn’t work for the house that we have and we switched to a company I found that has a wireless control panel. Other than that, my dealings with the people at Frontpoint went fine and I didn’t have any issues with them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I looked around and it seemed like Frontpoint's system was gonna be the best for what I was looking for. I had the Bell NextGen previously and compared to that, Frontpoint is much more compatible with the smart home type features. The reps were professional and they answered questions. I elected to give them my money, so they did their job. I did the installation myself and though there were a couple of hiccups, the tech support helped out and got me through the hurdles. I customized the package and got some doors, lights, motion and a camera. It’s a good value.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I have had 2 other large Canadian national alarm brands. By far Frontpoint is the best I have experienced. The ease of installation, and excellent customer service is unmatched. I had just purchased a new home. I was going out of town for work shortly after possession. I was able to have the alarm shipped to me quickly. During installation, the main unit had failed. Electronics nowadays, what do you do. Frontpoint customer service sent me a new one express on overnight delivery. It arrived less than 24 hours later and I then installed all equipment myself within 1-1.5 hours. Since installation there has been zero problems or complaints.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

Frontpoint should have more leniency on the contract. They installed the equipment while I was away on a business trip and a vacation, and when I came back, I was not impressed with how the sensors looked on the door. I was wanting a seamless look where I don’t see the sensors all over everywhere and having to set it up myself wasn’t exactly ideal. I was also not impressed with the overall experience, so I kept trying to cancel. But they said that I was passed my trial period. Also, I’m locked in for a three-year thing which I don’t remember reading as part of the contract. Other than that, their reps were professional and they tried to make it right by saying that they'd give me a couple of months free. There’s also nothing wrong with the actual security system itself. It'll notify me if for some reason there was a disconnect in service and it’s usually very brief.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

We wanted a security system for peace of mind. Due to my job, my wife has to stay home by herself and when I looked at a top 10 list online, Frontpoint was rated pretty highly. I also liked some of the things that were said about them so that’s who we decided to go with. As soon as I called, they got the ball rolling and helped me out along the way. Everybody was nice and it was super simple and easy to get set up and under way. Then once I got the system, I was set up in an hour or so. It was not long at all. I’ve got the doors and window monitors, and I like the fact that if somebody broke in, they can't just run up, smash the panel and stop the alarm. There is some kind of smash protection feature where the alarm would still go out. Then if it goes off, it also immediately sends a text message to my phone. So I know something’s wrong. That's another thing I like about it. The system is worth the cost and I’m definitely glad I went with Frontpoint.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I always had a home security system. I was tired about the other company that I was with and switched to Frontpoint. It's been great so far. Every time I call, they answer my questions and everybody is very nice. I did the installation myself and it worked well. I just called customer service and they walked me through their whole process. It wasn't difficult and everything was very specific with the instructions. The installation was not even 15 minutes.

I wished there were more features though. I thought the carbon monoxide was included but it turned out it wasn't. But for what I'm paying, the features are okay. Like with the company that I had before, I had the option to control the system from my cellphone and I was able to use my old pad. The equipment has been working fine and has been very responsive. With my previous company, it's been like nothing happened. Every time my alarm will go off, it seemed like I have questioned so many times they weren't even monitoring my system. And with Frontpoint, they immediately tried to call me and they called the police and even came to my house once. Even though it was a false alarm, the police showed up right away.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I got a home security system from Frontpoint to protect my house. I installed the system and it was very easy. The instructions are very simple. The equipment is okay, but the alarm had gone off three times while we were out of the house working. Other than that, I use the smartphone features and they're very easy and simple to use. The cost and customer service are okay, too.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

Having a home security system is necessary, and our sense of security has been better since having Frontpoint. I had ADT long time ago and the technology is a little different than what we have right now. Frontpoint's service is better, too. Every interaction I had with their reps was not complicated and they made it easy. The installation took me a little while, but it was not that bad. I use the smartphone features to arm and disarm, check into the house and look in the video. I had to call in one time over the panel, but everything’s been good right now.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I have multiple homes in multiple states so I needed to be able to track what's going on. We've always had a security system, so I just changed from one to another. I had to set Frontpoint's system into the phone but their reps were able to walk me through it very easily. Any time I had a question, they answered it. Any time I had a problem, they fixed it. They were all professional and have done a very good job. However, sometimes, the lights disconnect if they're on the edge or perimeter of where the signal sends. But I just have to have the right relays set up in the walls so it's a give and take learn system. All the their web features work and being mobile all the time is perfect for my situation. I've been able to let people in and out of my home, since mostly I'm not there. And when we're home, we're armed, so we're pretty secured no matter what. Overall, it's been a good experience.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Somebody forced the window open and reached inside my house. So, I went ahead and bought Frontpoint's system on the recommendation of a friend. I called them, let them know I was interested, and I was connected to a sales associate who pitched me a contract in exchange for a discount on their devices. And I went with the package that I thought made the most sense at the time. Then Frontpoint mailed me a box and walked me through the install via the phone. So the installation was easy and the system was up in a couple of minutes. The instructions also made sense to me and weren't too hard.

I felt pretty good about how Frontpoint's reps handled my situation. They were pretty understanding and they have given me flexibility because at the time, I was in active duty in the military and I moved around a lot. So, they let me pause my subscription and canceled it at one point without paying any fees. Other than that, I like the features included in my package. I'm a renter and some of the features are best suited for homeowners because you can do a home automation. But all I'm really interested in is making sure that my home is safe from break-ins.

The smartphone features of the Frontpoint system is critical as well because I often forget to set the alarm, or I want to set or disarm it remotely. So, that was part of the reason I went with Frontpoint. And initially, I felt much more secure since I got the system. Then it kinda became normal. Qualitatively, the system works well most of the time for me. I've seen the price go up since I first subscribed but it's less than $60 a month, so it's not a major expense for me. I travel sometimes and it's just hard to put a price on knowing that your home is safe.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I used to have Spectrum and the prices on products have a major difference compared to Frontpoint. Buying the items that need to go in, being installed, are a big difference as well. The pricing on the monthly cost was just a little bit higher compared to Spectrum, but it’s worth it. I also have a lot of accounts that are business accounts. I own four businesses, and we use T9 Alarm, a local business in the area. They’re monthly cost was a lot lower than Frontpoint, but their rate for purchasing items like systems is astronomical.

I enjoyed Frontpoint. The only problem I had was a fire alarm that went off that I was on vacation on. Luckily I was on my way home that day. And my next door neighbor is a fire chief, so he didn't break down my door to go check and make sure there was no fires. But other than that, the service was great. I love what Frontpoint does. They are on the phone whenever I call and they help me out whenever I need it. I have recommended Frontpoint a lot already. I got one friend that was talking about going to ADT and I asked them to go check out Frontpoint.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Frontpoint was rated the highest in customer support and that was important for us. Also, knowing that we'd be able to get their system set up, we ended up going with them. It took us about three calls to get it all set up. We talked to the same person through the whole process and that was nice. I also had to call to sort out the insurance deduction and they sent over that form almost immediately.

The installation was self-service with them. We just used the app to do it and got the system set up in no more than 30 minutes. From start to finish, it was very easy. We had an issue, though, on figuring out why it wasn't initially connected, but it got solved on the first phone call. It turned out that it was because it went through a testing period.

We have one of Frontpoint's higher packages and it definitely seemed that, at minimum, it matched what the other sites and services were offering at the same price. But, it would've been nice if Frontpoint kinda separated the need for the webcam from the other stuff because we don't use any of the video. Other than that, I have confidence in the product. The app is also extremely useful which I use more than the actual interface on the security system. We feel great that we have Frontpoint installed and we have it every night. We live in a good neighborhood, but it's still nice to have the reassurance of any bumps in the night that nothing's there. I have recommended them to my friends.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

It was simple, easy, and quick to install the Frontpoint system. And so far, the system has been great. I'm enjoying it and I feel safe with it. The people at Frontpoint have been outstanding and very helpful too.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I got a home security system for the house, and between Frontpoint and a different company, Frontpoint had better options. Every person I talked to was extremely helpful. Installing was extremely easy as well.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I have three accounts with Frontpoint and I like their app. I could have multiple locations on one app and I’m able to control all of those locations from my phone. The system was also self-install so it was very easy. Some of the other systems were not permanently mounted, where this one can be either not permanent or permanent. But I wanted it permanent because two of them are in businesses. Frontpoint pretty much offered everything and I was able to build my own packages. Their cost is reasonable and proportionate, too.

The sales side has been very good, as well as their customer service. Whenever I’ve had any technical questions, they’ve been very responsive and their tech support has been really well. I’ve been able to get on the phone with them and resolve any issues, mainly just on installing cameras that I’m not familiar with, and they’ve been able to walk me through it within a few minutes. I like the features of the system and so far, they work well for what my needs are. I would recommend Frontpoint and tell others that it’s a very simple system and it's easy to install.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

Frontpoint was ranked top 1 and the reps did a very good job for me. I struggled a little bit with the installation as I’m not real high-tech, but they walked me through each step if I had any problem. Every time I’ve ever called them, they’ve been out there. I like that I get a call from them to make sure if there’s ever any alarm. Also, the smartphone features are great. We log in and look at our cameras, and we can see every move being made around them. Once you lock it down, you don’t have to worry until you get back. We also have this in another place so we can look at it there. The only issue I've had is that the regular alarms wouldn’t work, and they sent me long-range alarms which fixed it.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I heard that Frontpoint had good customer service and I have been happy with it every time. The features of the system are good. It does everything that I want it to.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

We moved into a new locality and a new apartment. We decided to get a home security system and after I researched the reviews online, I found that Frontpoint had good customer satisfaction reviews. So, we went with them. The installation of the equipment was self-service and it was easy to install. The features are also fine, as per expectations. I have the app and I use that to arm and disarm. It's fairly simple to use. Since we got their service, we're having more comfort because we know that we're covered if there is any action that is happening. But so far, we haven't had any incident.

There have been a couple of times when, by mistake, we triggered off the alarm and I'm not sure as to what point does Frontpoint realize that it's not an accident and there's something that they should do at their end. Other than that, the cost is a sizable amount on a per month basis and there were some options for a longer term signup, which had a lower discount. But if I were to benchmark their price with the rest of the market, it seems fine.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

Frontpoint had a couple of additional features that some of the other companies I talked to didn’t have. I've had them for about six months and their reps have been pretty top-notch. The installation was relatively easy. But it would have been better if they gave me more instructions on how and where to apply the sensors. Also, people should make sure that they got the billing correctly. I didn’t have any issues before, but this past time, they charged me three times in a row. They took out around 150 bucks, and I was only supposed to pay 50 bucks a month. It took them a few days to refund me the $100 which isn’t a huge deal, but I just don’t understand why it happened. Nobody called me on why it happened.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I have Frontpoint for my office and it has all been positive. I’ve had interactions with setting the stuff up. They’ve all been easy conversations. They made it very user-friendly and if had any issues, they would troubleshoot it for me. The system does everything I need it to do. I’d recommend it to my friends.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

We are in a rural area and we've had some previous knowledge of intruders in homes in the area of the state. We’re isolated on the county road, there’s no one near us on either side. One night, we had a vehicle come in and just sit behind our house. We could see the vehicle because we have a security light on the pole behind the house. When I turned the carport light on, they immediately left. I found out later on that they were probably up to no good. So, we invested in a security system. We liked what we read from Frontpoint and the prices that were given to us, so we decided to go with them. We called the phone number that was given to us, and we had a good experience with the sales rep. He was very courteous and seemed to be very knowledgeable. He asked us questions, and we shared the answers with him. He made a recommendation on what we would probably be needing here and so, we invested in it.

We like the system but we did not get an operator’s manual. So we followed the instructions that was given to us via phone conversation that we had with the sales rep. By trial and error, we know how to disable it and how to re-able in the event that we needed to. But we’d have to get back to the company because we would love to have a manual. We also would love to learn more about the smartphone features. Nevertheless, we’re well-pleased with it. The system's operational and we've been using it. It does exactly what we wanted and expected it would do. It’s a wise investment but others would need to be sure to ask the sales representative to include an operator’s manual whenever he does send the package to them.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I went for a Frontpoint security system due to its cost and for the DIY stuff. The system had gone off during the test period and there was no response. Nevertheless, I would recommend it. It was easy to install it myself and we like the mobile app that we can set it on and off with our phones. That’s really important to us. It’s pretty basic and everything works.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I needed a home security system and Frontpoint seemed like the best option. To install the system, it was just sticking stuff up and turning it on, then it finds itself. You set up where you want in the app and you're good to go. It took me 20 minutes to stick everything up. Then, the rest was just me setting up all the letters and push notifications and learning how to use all the notifications which took longer because I was messing around with it and seeing what I could do. There's a lot you can do with the features, too, so that's pretty good. Currently, I need to get some sensors they sent me a while back but didn't show up. That's not really anyone's fault though, I just haven't had time to call in. Other than that, everything has been good. And I feel good knowing that I have Frontpoint system installed.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I looked up Frontpoint online and I liked their reviews. The reps are cool and very helpful. Also, the installation only took a couple of minutes. Everything is good and I feel secure.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I had Brinks and ADT before when they were separate. Compared to them, Frontpoint is all wireless and self-install. I don't have to pay somebody to come out and charge me $100 to do what I can do, so that's a plus. I initially got the security system for deterrence when people see the stickers. And at least with the doors, I can see when somebody is coming in and out, so at least I know what's going on when. My interactions with Frontpoint's reps was seamless and good. And it took me 30 minutes to install the equipment. The instructions were dumbed down as they can get and they were pretty good.

So far, the cost and quality of the system are in line with each other. I have armed the system five times but now, I got too many people coming in and out of my house, and in fear of it accidentally going off, I don't use it. I also don't like the base station. I didn't know they offered two different base stations. They got one that's like a touchscreen tablet style and the other one is the traditional numbers pad which is what I got and it looks a little tacky. Also, they need to allow some more capabilities with other functions to link up withe their devices like Nest, Z-Wave, Arlo cameras, and IFTTT, the "If That, Then This," application. Other than that, Frontpoint is good to go.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

We were getting a security system for our business at the time, so I decided to go ahead and get one for the house too. We had other security devices in the past and Frontpoint's camera connectivity and app are much better. The installation was fairly simple and the instructions were easy to use. Everything I was told was correct.

The only thing I don’t like is that with the ones at the office, we have five cameras and I would like for it to be recording as much as possible any time there’s motion. It rained for two weeks solid and so it was steadily recording the rain, so I ran out of clips. I still had 10 days out of the months left, and I didn't have any clips and there was no way for me to add any, so that was really frustrating. I tried to lower the sensitivity level to the rain, but it still recorded. Also, I use the smartphone features all the time to view the video. It looks clear in the main picture, but it’s hard to zoom in on the small items or facial features sometimes. Still, it’s good to have Frontpoint while we’re not there.

Frontpoint Company Information