3.6/5 (77 ratings)
Call Center Open

About Frontpoint

Frontpoint offers wireless home security packages with professional monitoring and app-based control. New customers work with Frontpoint representatives to find a personalized security solution for their home. Systems come preprogrammed and are designed for easy, do-it-yourself installation. Customers can try a Frontpoint home security system risk-free for 30 days.

Pros

• Month-to-month service available
  • Compatible with Alexa and Google Home
  • Build-your-own system option

Cons

• No professional installation option
  • No lifetime warranty on equipment

Bottom Line

Frontpoint security systems offer high-tech equipment and 24-hour professional monitoring. If you don’t mind installing it yourself, a Frontpoint alarm system could be a smart option for home protection.

Frontpoint Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Original review: July 24, 2022

So far, the system of Frontpoint has been good. I installed it the first week of May when I moved in. Everything is working. But I couldn't get my camera to work for some reason. The system is not recognizing the camera.

Original review: July 19, 2022

The sales representative from Frontpoint went through a whole lot of stuff with us. The installation was very simple. Our daughter-in-law did it. Frontpoint kept in contact with us and cleared through the breaking-in point with it. They're very nice.

Original review: July 15, 2022

I contacted a company that the house I’m renting had and they referred me to Frontpoint because they only deal with owners. Everything was fine and we did the installation ourselves. But I am not 100% happy, especially with the camera because sometimes I lose images. If you go through the front door, it should record you when you leave and when you come back. The system only shows me the recording of either when I leave or when I come back. It's a little bit weird and that's something that I was gonna call Frontpoint about. Also, I was told that I was gonna get sensors for the window. I only got one. I was never asked how many windows I have. That aside, customer service seems really nice. They were very helpful when I requested services and they were very prompt with the delivery of the equipment.

Original review: July 6, 2022

Frontpoint is a good system. It was very easy to install. I've never had an alarm system, so I'm getting used to it. It's very easy to manage. I've also taught my 82 years old mother how to disarm and to arm and she gets it too. Every time somebody comes to the doorbell and rings, it doesn't ring on my phone right away. It takes about a few seconds before I can hear. It's not connected live, but that's the only thing. Frontpoint's customer service reps are very friendly and professional.

Original review: July 4, 2022

We just bought this house and the existing homeowners had Frontpoint. They gave us two free window units and the chimes. So, that was helpful. Speaking with their sales rep was very helpful. He was cordial and he understood what we were trying to do. So, he was able to help me get the system back up and running, and then also navigate some new equipment. So far, the service is great. I even had an issue once we got the new equipment like setting it up and getting everything hooked to the new dashboard, and I spent an hour with customer service doing that and they were really helpful. Having the system is worth the money.

Original review: July 1, 2022

I got a call from Consumer Affairs asking to speak to a Frontpoint representative about my home security system. Representative straight up dismissed competition being cheaper than them by making baseless claims about them and ended the call saying call me when you get robbed. Expected better from Consumer Affairs if not from Frontpoint.

Original review: June 29, 2022

I am not one to write reviews, but I am so upset about their customer service, that I need to make others aware. I ordered this system 3 years ago because I liked the idea of installing it myself. They made me do a 3 year contract. After a year I was unimpressed with how quickly the video storage hit capacity and the door sensors kept messing up, but I could not cancel it because of the contract. I waited 3 years to cancel it. When it was finally time to cancel I stayed on hold for over 30 min, so eventually I elected a call back option. When they finally called the next day I could not answer. When I finally did get in touch with someone and said I wanted to cancel they tried to convince me to keep the program and offered a lower price. I refused and said I wanted to cancel and I thought it was done. Months later when my credit card changed they stated that I was past due two months in my payment.

When I called to say I canceled it months ago they went back through their records and said they had no records of it and made me pay the extra months so that could cancel it. Because they did not have a record of the phone call they refused to honor it. It is not as though I would just pretend to have talked with someone and decided it was canceled. They continued to insist that if someone talked to me there would be a record of it and refused to entertain any other possibility. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. There are far better and more honest companies to chose from.

The extra $200 makes no difference to them as a company, but it is a big deal to me. They continued to refuse to honor that I canceled it prior and would only let me cancel it now if I paid the $100 "that was due." I know I talked to someone because they tried to give me half off and I refused because I wanted done with this. I cannot believe how dishonest they are and that I am getting punished for their mistake. I am going to be reaching out to BBB to try and take care of this further.

Original review: June 24, 2022

The rep explained everything in great detail and he took the time to make sure I understand everything. Frontpoint is cheaper than my previous provider and they are very helpful. It’s a good system to have and the tech people explain and help you through everything.

Original review: June 22, 2022

Do not use this company! Check their reviews and comments on Facebook, my experience is very common, they are extremely predatory and will not stop charging your credit card or bank, even after cancellation of service. This has been going on for almost a year now, I have to dispute the charge every month. I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau as well.

Original review: June 4, 2022

I purchased a home security system when I bought my first house. There is no professional setup, therefore you set up the security system yourself. After the first year, we were not impressed with the system and most annoying, the keypad door lock is extremely loud when it locks and unlocks. We called about this issue and they told us it was normal. Fast forward, COVID hits. Like most people, we lost our income and medical insurance. The money we did have was going towards things of necessity such as food, utilities, etc. I called Frointpoint asking to cancel my contract. They told me the only way to cancel is by paying 80% of the contract or transferring my equipment and contract to another person. Obviously, if I can’t pay the monthly payment I can’t pay 80% of my contract and there was no one we knew interested in Frontpoint so we were stuck.

The monthly payments continued to add up and one day, sometime in the past month or two, I saw that my card was charged for the amount that we owed, which was close to $600. I never gave them any permission to charge my card! I immediately called and asked who gave them permission, they said that they are allowed to charge your card without your permission. I told the representative to send me that part of the contract that states that. She told me she will pass my message on to someone higher up and they will call me back. The next day the pending charge disappeared. I meant to follow up on the situation but I didn’t. Then last week I saw another charge to my account from Frointpoint with another charge of around $600! Luckily, my bank sent an alert and asked if I approved the transaction and I responded by saying no. My bank canceled my card immediately and then had to send out a new card.

My keypad door lock now randomly unlocks after locking the door. We went out one afternoon to come home to our door wide open. No one was inside and nothing was taken, the door unlocked and if my door isn’t completely closed and locked the door will open. So now we have to stand at the door and wait a few seconds to see if it unlocks, and sometimes it does. Talk about home security! We will be replacing our keypad lock with another lock from Home Depot for better security. So, to this day, we are still locked in this horrid contract with them! This company is terrible and I regret ever doing business with them! Do not get your security system here, find a more honest and reputable company!

Original review: May 24, 2022

Frontpoint came out with a bundle and they gave me a $99 discount too. But I personally don’t like it. The ring bell is working. I was able to install it and replace my ring bell. But the sensor is a little bit shaky because it’s not connected with the app. I could net set it up or activate it. The cost is also high compared to other home security systems. Their monthly plan would be close to $50 per month. Other home security systems only cost $10 a month. But this comes with all of the cool features, like the online video storage.

Original review: May 21, 2022

The sales rep told me that the previous owners had Frontpoint, which was why he was able to offer me a discount. But when I spoke with one of the technical people in regards to getting some help with one of the things, he said that they didn't have any history of it. So, it might have been something the sales rep said to be able to catch that sale. Aside from that, sometimes it takes a little while to reach a person. I kept having issues with my doorbell. I'd call in the morning and by the time they'd give me the call back, it would be 8:00 in the evening. At that point, I wasn't able to even answer because I was too busy. In terms of customer service, Frontpoint should have a faster response time and that’ll probably come with hiring more people.

Most of the stuff that I had was already installed, such as the doorbell and all the sensors and getting them hooked up with the app was super simple. One of the advisors that I was finally get ahold of helped me walk through it. Everything's good. I've had been having issues with the doorbell, which is the main reason I've got it. It has to do with the camera and the motion sensitivity in terms of it picking up. I leave packages on the front door to get picked up by UPS and I also get packages dropped off. The app sending notifications and the response of me getting a notification and being able to open the app takes a while to load. I've had better experiences with Ring. This doorbell is hit or miss.

Original review: May 10, 2022

The signup was great and it was an easy connect during the installation. The features of the system are wonderful. I still have to play with them to get to know them a little better but so far, it’s really good. The smartphone is a great feature because it alerts you when there’s motion. The system made me feel a little more secure that I can leave the house for a short time.

Original review: May 9, 2022

Company advertised that there is a 30 day cancellation policy. This is misleading because if you cancel after you are charged for the month, you owe an additional month. I cancelled my agreement on December 3rd so ended up paying for that full month (28 days) and the next month (31 days). So glad that I switched to the #1 home security provider that has a cheaper monthly rate and more advanced equipment.

Original review: May 9, 2022

I got a motion sensor and a door switch Frontpoint. I don't like that with their app, if somebody was to be able to break into my Wi-Fi and then be able to get into the iPad, after six tries, the system locks itself out for a minute. After six more tries, the system locks itself out for an hour. Well, if I'm a persistent burglar and I want to get through this system, I’d keep hacking it until I come up with the right pass combination. To make it more bulletproof, after four missed attempts of trying to get your passcode in, the system should automatically lock out and the owner needs to contact the factory or Frontpoint and get them to unlock the system. But the home security system does its job. Frontpoint met satisfaction.

Original review: May 8, 2022

We had some device issues and Frontpoint had great customer service with troubleshooting and sending replacement. I like the features of the system. The camera is a little lagged but it could be the internet service that we have. There’s an issue with logging into the app to get the camera, which we need to call them about. Because it’s lagging, it’s not moving fast. There’s a delay. So, if someone comes and rings the doorbell, and by the time we get to door, get to pull it up, they probably already walked off, because there’s a lag in it. But other than that, the installation process was fine. We set the system up ourselves. We called Frontpoint through customer service and they walked us through everything. They didn’t rush anything. It was always pleasant.

Original review: May 7, 2022

The customer service was smooth and the installation, which I did myself, wasn't difficult at all. But Frontpoint’s front video camera is not as efficient as I've seen others. Plus, it makes me feel like I should have gone with someone else. It doesn't always record when there's motion. It seems like it only records during certain times during the day and stops recording after 7:00 PM.

Original review: May 6, 2022

Everything was very smooth when I signed up with Frontpoint. It was very easy and simple to install and I haven’t had any issues. I didn't realize though that my doorbell didn't work. So, I have to get my doorbell working before I can do the doorbell camera. I’m happy with Frontpoint. I like it.

Original review: April 25, 2022

I have been trying for months to cancel my service. Each time you call it takes them 2 days to call back and they do it at 10pm. When you are available for the call back they say they will send you an email to cancel but never actually send the email. I am going on 2 months trying to cancel without success. Will work with cc company to stop payments and request refund. I have never spent so many hours/days/weeks attempting to cancel any other type of service in my life.

Original review: April 18, 2022

I used the first Frontpoint security system for about two years. It worked okay in three apartments during that time. Then, I moved to a place where the door frame didn’t line up exactly right. Frontpoint is a self service system, so be aware that if you can’t figure out how to get the equipment to work, you’ve signed a contract you can’t get out of without paying termination fees on. I waited on hold for “extended wait times,” as Frontpoint “responded to COVID-19.” I basically memorized their hold recording. (They are still “responding to COVID-19” in mid-2022, apparently not wanting to hire sufficient staff to answer all their phone calls of customers needing help).

In any case, I never got the system to work and had upgraded it to the newest model. When I finally got through, the answer was for me to use extra adhesive to try to stick the sensors to the wall in light of the placement of the door frame. Needless to say, it wouldn’t stick on or stay on. Wasted money on both the new system and also the contract since now I have equipment that doesn’t work here.

On top of that, I had false alarms going off early in the morning, (due to not getting the sensors properly placed) disturbing the nearby apartment building neighbors before I got the insight that I needed the extra adhesive on the sensor. It was so loud that I never wanted to turn it back on again, but having paid the money on it, had decided to try. I couldn’t get the alarm to turn off following the directions. Frontpoint said sometimes if you try over and over, it won’t work to turn it off. Luckily, they answer the phone for help with false alarms. I’m currently on hold for 45 minutes and waited more than an hour on hold last week before giving up. I’m trying to get the account straight since I had suspended it for three months, unable to use it. I would not recommend this company unless you are confident the equipment matches your setup at home and you don’t mind false alarms and setting it up yourself.

Original review: April 18, 2022

Buyer Beware!! This is one of the worst companies I have ever dealt with. They were fine in the beginning but when things go wrong they are awful and when you try to cancel it gets even worse. We have had constant problems with either monitoring or their equipment. If you complain about the monitoring they tell you they contract that out and it isn't their fault. They called me once about an alarm and asked for one of the phone numbers on the account for verification, I gave them four numbers including the one they called me on and they told me that none of them are right. I got charged $50 for that.

The equipment is constantly malfunctioning and again, if you call them, they tell you you will need to fix it yourself or they will send out a part that you have to pay for. I get multiple emails daily telling me that this window or that door show a tamper when I am the only person here or we are all sitting watching TV. I have 100s of emails detailing all the problems.

I signed up with a better company and called Frontpoint to cancel. They would not cancel over the phone and told me I had to create a login and password for my account to cancel. I did that and tried to cancel but they would not cancel my account unless I entered a credit card and paid them an additional month. This is why they won't do it over the phone for you. They kept referencing a contract, but I do not have a contract with them and am on a month to month basis. I just paid them 14 days ago, so they are already getting an extra 2 weeks from me. I refuse to pay them 60 days for a service I don't have and don't want and am under no legal obligation to provide. I have filed a BBB complaint against them.

Original review: March 31, 2022

So far, so good. There were a few minor glitches but nothing that hasn't been corrected. There were some of the sensors that were not working correctly initially but that was taken care of over the phone. They were very helpful.

Original review: March 23, 2022

We began using Frontpoint in Feb 2018. In making the decision, the fact the company is based in Virginia played a large part in us choosing to use them. Let me say the Emergency response & Call Center is perfect. They are on top of your protection when needed. However, the business side of this company is one of the absolute worst I've ever dealt with! I truly do not know how they function as a business!

As we were preparing to relocate to another state I started calling Frontpoint in December 2021 to cancel our subscription. Each time I called I was placed on hold and forced to listen to the same "due to C19 we are working very hard to ensure the safety of our customers and employees. Someone will be with you as soon as possible." This aired every 15-30 seconds. There were times I stayed on hold for up to 45 minutes and no one ever answered. This went on multiple times between December 2021 and January 2022.

In sheer desperation I sent emails to tech support and asked them to have someone call me. I also called the emergency line (at least they answer the phone!!!) in the hopes they could get someone to reach out to me. All of this attempt to cancel a service that I was NOT under contract with was to no avail. So as of January 31, 2022 our account was paid in full to that date and we left VA, leaving the equipment for the new property owners. I canceled the auto draft payment with the bank and away we went.

I hadn't thought anymore about this company until the beginning of March, when what do you know someone actually called me back! LOL. But it was only because they wanted payment for February and March! SMDH. I explained the situation very nicely to the first several callers and each time was placed on hold to be transferred to an "Account Specialist!" Or want me to call back and ask for an A.S. Needless to say I stayed on hold as long as I was going to with this company! They have wasted TOO MUCH TIME IN MY LIFE! When I tell you I have been placed on hold an estimated 5 hours I am not exaggerating.

Each time someone calls me they are not qualified to handle this "situation." They place me on hold and try get me to "someone who can help me." Apparently that person doesn't exist at Frontpoint! So last week someone contacted me on Monday and they were going to have an AS contact me on Tuesday. Cool!! Let's get this resolved & move on!! But why they cannot understand that I didn't use the service, am not under contract, tried to cancel, and am not paying another dime, and close the account - I simply don't know.

Well.... I got a call.... on Friday!! When I was not available. Smh. So on Tuesday, the following week, this snotty little man "Richard" calls me and tries to lay a guilt trip because I was not available to talk with their AS when they called on Friday! At this point I began speaking Construction Worker, with a twinge of Sailor, and overtone of Redneck Biker!!!!

I'm so disgusted with this sorry, pathetic excuse for a company I don't care if they turn it over to the credit bureau. I'll not pay another dime to this company. I'm not answering another phone call and listening to anyone else with their snotty holier than thou attitude, and I for ** sure am not being placed on hold for another second of my life for them! Steer clear of this company!

Original review: March 17, 2022

I picked Frontpoint and when I was purchasing the system, they were helpful. The system does what they said it would do, and that's what we wanted it to do. It has an app where I could control it from there. As far as getting it set up, it was straightforward. Out of the box, the instructions were good.

Original review: March 16, 2022

The system is perfect. The minute the alarm went on, Frontpoint's security system department got ahold of it and the police were contacted right away. I can’t have it in a parliament complex though. The kids come in and out, and they don't turn it off. It rings so loud and alerts everyone.

Original review: March 13, 2022

System is highly functional, Pricing very fair. However none of this means anything if nobody answers the phone, or if you leave a call back number, still no call. They have a serious problem with any kind of phone support, which you are paying for!!!

Original review: March 11, 2022

I have used Frontpoint for nearly four years now. I am moving and need to cancel the service. They make it impossible to reach anyone by phone. There also is not an online option to cancel services. After days of being on hold and entering call back request, I finally received call back. I was then told if I had called 11 days earlier (in Feb) prior to the start of the current calendar month they could waive the final month fee (April). However, since I hadn't attempted to reach them in February, I would have to pay the April fee. I of course was upset as it seems they are capable of waiving the fee when they want. I am being forced to pay for a service for an entire month when I would not be living in the house or using the service. I then requested an alternative way to pay them because there are many online reviews of customers being overcharged when they canceled. They refused to provide me with alternative means to pay them.

Original review: March 9, 2022

Been a customer with Frontpoint since 2013. It was a good company until 2020 (remember 'pandemic'). Started having an issue with the system (at the time I didn't know what it was). This was the beginning of a bad migraine. EVERY TIME I called, I would either talk to a human, which would transfer me to a recording OR it would automatically give me the recording. I would leave a message, or not to bother leaving one. One evening I received a call back. I was in another part of the house and didn't hear the phone. As soon as I found out Frontpoint had called, I returned the call only to have it go to voicemail. I was done! I had it with this company! Why am I paying for a system that was useless and couldn't talk to a live person to remedy my situation???

I called my bank and explained the situation. Placed an indefinite hold on the payment. No one, and I mean NO ONE bothered to contact me, either through phone or email!! Fast forward to March 2022. Out of the blue, Frontpoint FINALLY calls me!!! Krista ** is her name. Wants to know if I would like to close my account. Of course! But, and I mean BUT, "In order to close your account, you have to have your account paid up." We went back and forth. So, right now, I am at a standstill. I need to think what my next move is going to be.

Original review: March 1, 2022

I have had the service for almost 5 years. Equipment is obsolete after about 3 years, but still performs the basic function. I decided to cancel and it is a total nightmare! They only give you one number to call, no other means of cancellation. So I tried to call and it has been over 2 hours and still no agents. There are many complaints about their cancellation process. The funny thing is all their social media isn't really theirs. I tried to see them on Facebook and Twitter, but it doesn't really go anywhere.

There is a good discussion on the cancellation process on Reddit. Many have had the same issue. It reminds me of AOL not allowing its older customers to cancel. I am trying through email with these addresses for others to try too: Support@frontpointsecurity.com, WeCare@frontpointsecurity.com. Their Chat doesn't help either, they just try to get you to call and wait on the phone. No call back feature either! I am shocked that they would treat me this way after 5 years. I don't usually write reviews like this, but I just wanted to share my experience with others. Good luck out there and be forewarned on cancellations!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2022

I signed on with Frontpoint about three years ago when DIY security was still new. At the time, their services were fairly priced and the equipment was reasonable. They had pretty good reviews. It has been a complete catastrophe dealing with this company in the past few years. The equipment broke roughly three years after I purchased it. Three of the sensors broke down completely and our security panel battery expanded in the back, leaving the panel open and sending false alarms for which I would be charged $60 when security was dispatched. Troubleshooting and customer service call wait times are upwards of an hour. And callbacks were never returned. So I never found the time to make the call to the department I would have to in order to get my equipment updated.

When I had another false alarm mishap as a result of broken equipment and was charged another $60, and, during the same week, notified that equipment upgrades would require an additional $65 charge, I decided to switch to Ring. The Ring system was a delight in comparison. Easy to install, reasonably priced and easy to contact when I had trouble. When I decided to call Frontpoint to cancel, I was on hold for 1.5 hours after which I was told I would need to email to cancel my account. I still have not received a response to that email. I will likely have to claim a fraudulent charge through my bank in order to cancel the recurrent fees. Frontpoint is poorly managed at best and a complete con at worse. Stay far away from them.

Frontpoint Company Information