Call toll free
4.31/5
Based on 567 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Frontpoint does home security differently. By offering complete protection coupled with truly genuine and helpful service, Frontpoint gives customers everything they need and nothing they don’t. All Frontpoint customers get a personalized security solution designed to not only make them feel safe, but feel good, as well.

Every Frontpoint system comes with 100% wireless equipment and 100% cellular monitoring, for no extra charge. Cellular monitoring means a more reliable connection between the home and monitoring center, and wireless means no lines for burglars to cut. Frontpoint also works with you to ensure that every system is customized to fit every customer’s unique home and lifestyle needs. Frontpoint systems are also refreshingly simple, allowing for customers to set up, move or expand systems on their own, at any time.

In addition to intrusion, all Frontpoint monitoring plans include protection against fire, flood, freeze, carbon monoxide and medical emergencies. Also, advanced technology such as remote online access, free mobile apps keep customers in touch and in control at all times, no matter where they are. When consumers compare Frontpoint to the competition, it’s easy to see just what makes them stand out.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

6307 Frontpoint Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: June 2, 2018

Instead of not having a home security with the crime rates and break-ins in the neighborhood, I purchased one and got some referrals from my friends who had Frontpoint. My interactions with their reps were over the phone. They sent the equipment and I installed everything. And whenever I had a question on the installation, there was somebody to help. I feel pretty good about the equipment and the features of the system have been good so far. We use it on a daily basis and the ability to control it over the phone is very useful. They call back when there is an alarm and they are timely. The cost is a little bit high but it seems fine. Everything is working as expected so everything is reliable and I would definitely recommend it.

Original review: June 2, 2018

We’ve always had a home security system and since mine was already outdated, we needed a new one. My interaction with the sales rep was fine and my daughter customized our package. She did the installation too and the instructions were easy to follow. I like that I can use the system with my phone now and the quality of the equipment is good so far.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I originally spoke with Britney and she was why I chose Frontpoint. She was awesome. When she was going over the program, she asked me what I wanted and she looked for what I needed to help me pick a package. I did the installation myself and the instructions were okay. But they didn't say how the sensor would go on the door and to match the two arrows. I had to call customer service and they walked me through it. Then, it was a smooth install.

But for three weeks, I kept getting phone calls every week that our home was not being monitored. I was a little concerned because I was paying for it and I wanted our home to be monitored. I had to redo a sensor every time they told me to and they would tell me it’s being monitored and that we're good. But the next day, I would get the same phone call. It could have been a faulty sensor though. The phone calls have stopped so I assume it’s been taken care of. Frontpoint had also given me an indoor camera which I felt was unnecessary. I needed the outdoor and I tried to have it changed but they said I couldn’t change it. I also had a problem with the camera once and they had to send me a new one but other than that, everything is fine. I like the system and the cost is okay. I don't even notice it.

Original review: June 2, 2018

We decided to buy a home security system as we were hearing knocks at our door at night. I googled and some websites have listed Frontpoint as the best one. During the installation, the staffer himself screwed up the order of things so we called a guy and he was able to help us remotely and it went fine. The functionality and performance of the system are good as well. It has been a very positive experience with Frontpoint. They told us that our alarm would not be tripped by our dog because she’s small but it did. It wasn’t ideal but otherwise, it was fine.

Original review: June 2, 2018

Back in the day, the security system used to be different, with the hardwiring. Right now, Frontpoint is using a wireless system and I thought it was a little bit cheaper because we would do the installation instead of having someone come to the house and do it. We were looking for more security so we customized our package and the system is great. The installation was kind of easy too. But although they said the system works with Alexa, I have not figured out how to synchronize both of them until now. And I’ve been so busy that I did not want to take the time and give them a call. Because I had called and they said to watch a video on YouTube. But that video just showed they both work together. It doesn’t show how to sync them together. So the only thing I feel that they’re missing is more instructions on the features they have.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 1, 2018

There had been a number of break-ins in the neighborhood so I decided to purchase a home security system. Frontpoint sounded easy and it looked good on the computer screen. But my interactions with their reps had been mediocre. They were assuming that everyone has a house built after 1960. I installed the system myself but I had issues with it because there was nowhere to put the central unit. The house didn't have a wall between the central unit and the sensors and Frontpoint said that it would work but it didn't. Also, the door sensors are not made to fit a real door in an older house. The system is not worth it and I’m very disappointed. I'm just waiting for the contract to run out so I can cancel. I'm not a happy camper.

Frontpoint response

Paula, we appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention. It is important to us that everything works exactly how you need it to and that you feel safe. One of our Support Supervisors will be reaching out to you to address your concerns in detail. Thanks again and we look forward to speaking with you soon!

Original review: June 1, 2018

We had some issues in our neighborhoods with some break-ins, so I figured it was time that I get a home security system. I went with Frontpoint and have had a good experience with their people so far. They walked me through all the purchasing and hook-up process. If I’ve had any questions, they’ve always been available to answer those. And then, it was a very easy installation and the system itself is easy to use and doesn’t have a bunch of frills that get in the way. It’s simple. I like it. I use its smartphone features and I turn the system on and off and I like that because if I leave the house, I can double check and make sure that the system’s on or off. My sense of security has gone up since having Frontpoint. If the alarm is on and I hear a noise, I don’t worry, “Ahh! There's someone in the house!” ‘cause the alarm didn’t go off. Frontpoint is doing a good job.

Original review: June 1, 2018

There were a lot of burglaries at a point in time in our area so we decided to purchase a home security system. I did an extensive research online and Frontpoint came out on top in terms of general consumer satisfaction in just the product that they deliver. I've been in touch with them via email and phone call. I was assigned a single rep, so I had a consistent touch point. They gave me a good discount in price and I got everything I ordered. The installation of the system was sort of a DIY and I found no problems with it. It was easy to set up and we're up and running. It was very simple and it could have been very complex, but the product they have and the interface they have online and via their app is very simple. I'm overly impressed with its features. It's peace of mind knowing that when we're home or away that our home is secure.

Original review: June 1, 2018

We got a home security system from Frontpoint partly on online references that rated them highly. In addition, their sales and customer service team have been good. I was impressed with their follow-ups. I did the installation and it was easy. But there's a downside. One of the reasons for picking it was because it has the cellphone dial-in in case your network is down, which makes them more secure. They were one of the few that offered that five months ago. Now, everybody does. But Frontpoint's hardware is still kind of klutzy in which my wife commented on. It's Beige, 1970s-looking lumps of technology stuck through the wall. She didn’t like it for that reason. But that’s the way it works. Other than that, the smartphone feature works great. But we don’t use it very much because for it to work you both have to be away from home at the same time and you need to coordinate that a little bit.

Original review: June 1, 2018

The Frontpoint rep was pleasant and knowledgeable about everything, and he was able to help me out with some things. I was not clear on a couple of points and he made it pretty obvious. I bought one system for my son and one for my daughter so I have two accounts. I installed both and one took about an hour. It was a lot easier to install. We had a problem though because they had my email address for my daughter’s house and when an alarm would go off down there, I’d get the email. But after I called them and explained, they switched it over to her email and I don’t get the emails anymore. My daughter also thinks the system is easier to use than the one that her grandmother had. The features are towards the top of the line and I like the glass breakage feature. If the system hears the sound of glass breaking, it will go off.

Original review: June 1, 2018

After the hurricane, somebody tried to break into my house so I bought a home security system. Frontpoint offered all the same services for a better price so I stuck with them. The reps were always quick to respond and handle the situation. They asked if I wanna call 911. The package I got was customized and I chose it mostly because I really wanted the sensors on the doors and I didn’t really care as much about the motion sensors. Plus, I didn’t need a bunch of cameras. I stayed with one main entry camera. I might order another camera in my next place.

I installed the system and it was easy to do it. Although, I had a couple of issues. I’m technologically less experienced. I like the good features offered in my system. The system is of very good quality. I also use the Frontpoint smartphone app. I like it a lot and sometimes the live feed is a little lagged but for the most part, it's pretty spot on and quality is very good and easy to manage. Frontpoint’s system is the best but the monthly fee is a bit higher than some of the other places which were $15 a month compared to the $30 that I pay for Frontpoint. But equipment-wise, it was relatively on the lower price scale which was good. It is a solid security system for a good price.

Original review: May 31, 2018

We're a big family so there's always somebody home. But when we were gonna go on vacation, we thought it was a good time to get a home security system since we weren't gonna be home. My husband picked Frontpoint because they had a better price and he could install the equipment himself rather than pay somebody else a monthly fee where we’d have to stay in a contract. He was able to customize the package we got and had some input on what he wanted. And when he installed the system, he did it pretty quickly. It was not difficult for him at all. Their customer service has been good as well. My husband was able to get a hold of people to ask questions and get feedback on how to fix things because sometimes the memory would get full and you have to learn how to deal with the extra footage. At another time, one of the cameras in the house wasn’t working regularly and he had to get help troubleshooting that.

Other than that, I like our security equipment and it's worth the cost. It's also pretty impressive, the camera footage is very clear, the alerts are really nice, and I like being able to lock the door easily. I get an alert on the phone when someone comes in the house, too. I don't use the smartphone feature as much as my husband does, but with it, we can lock the door and open it from the phone. So, it is very helpful because if somebody comes and cleans our house, we can open the door for them or shut the door if the kids forget to lock it, which used to happen sometimes when they left for school. So far, everything has worked really well. We live in a very safe neighborhood, but if we are expecting a package, it's nice that when someone puts something on the porch, we get an alert. Then, if the kids didn’t notice, we could tell them to go pick up the package at the door.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I figured I’d get a home security system since I was gonna be away from my place. Before, my wife had caretakers and somebody was in my house continuously. But my wife died, so then there was nobody there most of the time. I did my research and I figured that Frontpoint had the best security system. Also, Frontpoint came out on top in most of the reviews on the internet, for what I wanted. So, I went with Frontpoint and installed the equipment myself with their help. The system works great and everything has been perfect. I had excellent interactions with the reps. They were easy to get a hold of and most of them knew everything that I needed to do.

I also have the business security system of Frontpoint and I only had it set up doing one room, but it was good too and it worked the way it was supposed to. The business system called me when there was a fire happening, but it was too late and the whole place went completely down. I’m going to get another business security system since the building burned down last Friday.

Original review: May 31, 2018

We purchased a home security system because it's a secondary home and Frontpoint was cheaper so we went with them. Their reps were helpful with the installation of the system. But I was misled in the beginning to think that I got the app permanently for the price they gave it to me. And then I was surprised a few months later when that was not the case with the app access. So they gave me a few more months of the app access to cover for that. Also, they gave me some options like they would give me my money back. I felt a little bit manipulated but it was pretty good. The features of the system are working fine for me and I like it.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Frontpoint adds a level of comfort for me since having it in my home. My interaction with the sales representative went well and I purchased the equipment because of the price. Then, I didn't have any trouble during the installation of the system and the quality of the equipment is fine.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I was ready to make a purchase when I called Frontpoint and the person I spoke with was really helpful. I was able to purchase a system then. During the installation, we had some interesting door situation but I called and got some help in figuring out how to put the system on and in troubleshooting. After that, it was fine and we haven't had any problems since. There are more features than we need and we don't use them all like the glass break sensor. I've never gotten to stick it on to a wall. But the features are great and I love all of them. The system's quality has also been wonderful and we feel good about the cost considering the quality. We feel more secure now in having a home security system.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I always had security for my house because my kids come after school and they stay at home by themselves. I had Monitoring Center for many years which was a wired system and a wall model, and their service was very good. I got in touch with Frontpoint and I was getting pushed into a bit of the sales pitch of making a commitment on the phone. The rep assumed that I know everything about it and offered the package immediately. I told him to give me time to think about it and he said that it was okay with him that he'd wait on the line. I got the security system anyway because I read some reviews online and I felt it was okay to try, but I came to know later that they have options of one-year, two-year, and three-year contracts, but he got me into a three-year contract without even telling me that I have other options. I could have made a better decision had I known there were other options.

In terms of installation of the system, it was very easy. I bought extra sensors for the door and windows, but the panel has a limitation of only seven pieces, whereas I had 10. So, I had to call them because it wouldn’t recognize additional pieces and I could not do it on my phone or on my panel. They then did something on their backend system. The features are good and most of the time, I use only my smartphone for all operations. In addition, whenever I call, I have always somebody immediately pick the phone and explain to me very patiently.

While I was in the trial period, I called back Frontpoint and somebody explained to me that there are three plans and each one comes with a different cost, then I had a better understanding. I was able to get a better price and they even reduced my billing by $5 for the inconvenience. Cost-wise, theirs is a little high because it is a competitive market and competitors like SimpliSafe and ADT are coming up with so many promotions and they offer so much of equipment and sensors, a lot of things free for almost the same monthly fees. SimpliSafe has no monthly fee or no contract, but I committed to three years, so I’ll not worry about it.

Original review: May 30, 2018

We were moving into a new house in a new neighborhood and we wanted peace of mind so we got a home security system. And my boyfriend had Frontpoint before and was really happy with how easy it was to install and used mobile-ly with the app. Their reps have been great and really helpful in giving us good ideas about different packages. They were a bit helpful when we wanted to add or remove things as well. Installing the system was also easy, though we had trouble with the front door camera. But we gave Frontpoint a call and they helped us figure out the one little problem we were having. And it took us about two hours to finish it.

All of our sensors work really well for us and we’ve been happy with the Frontpoint features. Though our monthly fee is a little higher than some of the other systems, we’ve also been happy with how responsive everyone’s been, so I’m willing to pay for that. I feel super secure now that I have the system. We’ve got everything we need to make sure we can see outside, know what’s going on and monitor the house when we’re not there.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I already have a home security system but I got Frontpoint as theirs is better, advanced, more automated, and mobile. They have friendly and professional customer service reps as well and the installation wasn't hard. They already configured everything and mailed it to me. Then, they had a walk-through instruction and for any support questions, I called them and they walked me through it. I like the features of my system. It’s pretty smart, I can do live recordings and I can see who's at the door when someone rings the doorbell. Also, I get good readings on my mobile phone. I like the idea that I can look on my cell phone, turn on the camera, and then boom. My sense of security has been much better since having Frontpoint at home.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I had SimpliSafe before but I wanted to try Frontpoint out and see how it was. I looked through online and got the opinion from people that had Frontpoint before. So far, we haven’t had any problem with Frontpoint yet and it seemed like their system works well. Their customer service reps knew what they have to do and they did a good job. The installation of the system went well and the technician helped me set up really good.

However, when we had SimpliSafe, it notifies us right away everytime the system was armed or disarmed. I wish that Frontpoint can do that too. But other than that, I feel very safe that I have the security system in the house that works well. But I want to have another motion sensor though. I already recommended Frontpoint to a friend. He used to go with ADT and somehow, he ran into a problem. So, I told him that I just bought a security system from Frontpoint and that it's good and then I gave him Frontpoint's phone number.

Original review: May 30, 2018

A good security system is not cheap, but Frontpoint's is one of the more cost-effective ones that I looked at. Also, my neighbors have them and they have been really happy. Frontpoint's reps were all really nice and helpful. They made recommendations about products, were incredibly knowledgeable, and then they were really quick to follow up with more information and helped me when I got to the set-up mode. They give you exactly what you need without anything more, which is good. You get the package, it tells you step-by-step what to do, you set it up from your phone. It's really easy to use. It's also easy to return things if it doesn't work out. When we're away from the house, I feel much better that I know exactly what's going on in the house and can arm and disarm from far away. We live in San Francisco and it worked when we went to London, so we're very happy with it.

Original review: May 30, 2018

After 30 years of going through ADT, I went with Frontpoint because of the ease of the setup in their system. Their customer service unit was great and I did a step-by-step walkthrough of the installation with them. I didn’t want to fumble through it myself and the girl whom I dealt with was excellent. Everyone did exactly what I wanted them to do. They got the exact number of motion detectors and the type of system I wanted and few companies do that. Overall, Frontpoint's system is good value and I've had a very good experience with them so far.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I was moving into a new home and I wanted to protect it. Frontpoint was one of the two companies that I called and their customer service was much better than ADT, so I went with them. Their reps were pleasant and I liked that. They also answered my questions and they were more detailed and informative. I was pretty hesitant to do the installation because I’m not quite of a DIY type of person but their customer service rep assured me that I would be able to do it. In the end, I had no difficulty at all in installing the equipment.

I got the alarm system as well as the carbon monoxide protector, and so far, the whole security system is great and straight to the point. I also like that it shows the features of the weather. It’s worth the price and I feel so much better having it. I work from home so the alarm is on pretty much all day because I’m upstairs. I’m much more comfortable in that sense but when I don’t think that I have it on, I’m not very comfortable. So, having Frontpoint drastically changed my sense of security.

Original review: May 29, 2018

I bought a new house and I wanted to be secure. The Frontpoint representatives were really good and helpful, and then I did the installation. Everything is good and I'd recommend Frontpoint for security.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 29, 2018

It's been a long time since I started with Frontpoint, but I'm still in the process of getting the system set up in my part-time house. First of all, my house is in a somewhat rural area. I told the salesperson before I signed up for it that that was the case and the cell phone service might not be that good. He told me that they would take that into account and give me some sort of a cell phone booster. He was very professional and knowledgeable, but that turned out not to be right and I ended up having to get a different kind of base system. So, that was all kinda hassle.

Then, the installation was more difficult than what Frontpoint made it sound like it was gonna be. They make it sound like you're gonna be able to open up the box and pop it on and just watch the instruction on the app. And that's not accurate. Although when I've called them and asked for help on the installation, they've been extremely helpful and they could walk me through it. The cost seems fair too. But, the other thing about my experience is that to get the system all set up and make it work, you have to be in your house longer. I've explained to them that my house is a part-time house, so I'm not really there long enough to do it.

Frontpoint response

Mark, thank you for sharing this experience with us. It is important to us that your system is working exactly how you need it to so we are going to have one of our Support Supervisors reach out to address your concerns and make sure you are taken care of. Thanks again and we look forward to speaking with you soon!

Original review: May 29, 2018

I have small children under the age of 18, and since I'm out most of the time, I need something so no one’s gonna break in after I’m not here. I purchased a home security system with Frontpoint, and I did the installation myself. It was a little difficult because I had a problem with the adhesive that goes with the sensor. But with the problems I had installing, the programming people helped. Once I installed it, I had to call in to program it. Frontpoint's representatives are very well-knowledged. They know what they’re saying and what they’re doing. There isn’t a time where I needed them where they didn’t know how to resolve the issue.

The only problems I have with Frontpoint is when an alarm goes off, it doesn’t give me exactly which one it is. So then I have to hunt through the house to figure out which one it is. And if I’m not at home, I don’t know which one is actually down. Other than that, the features that were offered with my system were good. Frontpoint is a little expensive, but a lot of places are. I have two accounts with Frontpoint for two different houses. And the first package didn’t come with all the accessories that the second package did. It is the same package that I’ve purchased. I would have liked the doorbell and the outside camera to have come with my initial purchase. So I don’t know if I should ask for it or is it gonna be extra because it all came as part of the package for the second system.

Original review: May 29, 2018

Where I used to live, they broke into the property and so I got a security system out there, and now I have Fronpoint here just to prevent it. I went online and Googled the best home security systems. Then, Frontpoint was number one or two on most of the websites that I looked into. Their reps were good and they answered my questions. They also told me what I needed to know. When I call them, they answer. I would recommend Frontpoint.

Original review: May 29, 2018

I wanted to keep my house safe when I’m not home. I have somebody who already had Frontpoint system before and they liked it, and they recommend me to use it. They had exactly what I needed and I bought the system which I was able to install by myself later on. Their reps helped me to set it up over the phone, which we went through step by step. I like the system, so far. I use it and I’ve had a couple of instances when I needed to contact their reps and everything worked out. I'd tell a friend that it’s a good system and it’s worth the cost.

Original review: May 29, 2018

We had the house built with a security system but the guy that used to monitor it sold the company to an outfit up in Louisville, Colorado. The system was 13 years old and I thought it was time for them to look at it and see if I needed any upgrades. I was told I needed to do this and that even though the person has never even seen the system. How would he know? He told me that if I had a wired system, that was what I needed to have an upgraded system and it was worth $2,000. I asked him what was wrong with a wired system and then finally decided that I was not gonna put up with that.

I called the owner of the company and told him that I owned the system and I was leaving them. He said that I had to give him 30 days' notice and I said, “Okay. You got 30 days.” But then he said I had to have it in writing. He was as big a jerk as the guy that I talked to on the phone. I told him that his attitude was what killed it. They pissed me off so I went out and looked online. Some of the others were talking about big-buck items right away and it just turned me off. On the other hand, Frontpoint sounded pretty good and although it is a wireless system, they had come down on the price.

I put the sensors up, which just stick on the wall. That’s not brain surgery there. The installation was all right but we couldn’t get it into the computer on our own. I let them do it. The other system had a battery back-up and had all the doors wired. This just has eight sensors on it and carbon monoxide. It is an all right system. It doesn’t have near as many sensors, but it’s supposedly gonna work. The other system didn’t have any motion sensors because we have dogs. We had one that the dogs kept tripping.

I put one in our office in San Diego and it was hard-wired but computerized. When the trash truck comes by, it would rattle the windows of the two-story office building. But that computer learned that on a certain time and a certain noise, it’s the trash truck and it doesn't set off the alarm. This system won't do that so I wonder if I have this up-to-date. But if it will go off when somebody breaks a window, that’s what it’s supposed to do.

I thought the equipment was a little cheap. Everything’s plastic but nowadays everything seems to be plastic. They threw in a camera in that feeds off of my WiFi but it wouldn't stay hooked up to it. But that has been rectified and now, I can look in my phone and see the front room of the house. However, they could’ve kept the camera and knocked the price down. I just use the smartphone feature for the camera. You can set and disarm the system. You can also see if the alarm went off and why, because either they or the system calls my cell phone when it trips and as soon as you disarm it again, it automatically calls the house. But it takes a lot to impress me and it doesn't have all the features.

The pet sitters tripped the previous alarm and they'd panic. I would tell them to put their coat on the alarm and to call the number on the panel, which was the first number in the autodial in the phone. But this one has a verbal actual password. The other one was just numbers, 1-2-3-4 type. You can have 30 security codes in it so anybody that comes in the house can have their own specific code and you know who unlocked the door and came in.

The monitoring’s a little bit more but sometimes when you get pissed off, you gotta pay that. I was also a little leery that maybe being wireless, it would go to some place and then it would have to go to another place and then they get the monitor. But I was told that's only when I call in. Apparently, when the alarm calls in, it goes right to their monitoring people on the East Coast. These guys seem to be fairly knowledgeable when you talk to support. They're not in Indonesia and they try to do what they can to rectify the problem. It’s not a perfect system, but it’s pretty decent for the price. I haven't had it not work and it has worked a couple of times.

Original review: May 28, 2018

We had always had a security system, so when we moved to this home, we knew we needed a security system. We were gonna go with another company, but we heard about Frontpoint so we gave it a try. However, we appreciated the previous system we had a little better because not only did they install the system, they made sure everything was working properly. To this date, we don't even have all of the system installed because we've got to wait until we can get an installer since Frontpoint doesn’t provide installation services. We have to do self-install and it was challenging. I'm not able to do wiring of doorbells and putting all that kind of stuff in. So, we don't have the doorbell installed nor the camera that would allow us to see if anybody rings the doorbell. We purchased equipment that we haven't yet been able to utilize, so that has been a bit of a bummer and very disappointing.

Also, the features of the system are generic to any other system with the exception of the doorbell, which was a specialty feature that we had liked about it. In addition, the interaction we've had with customer service was just to walk us through and if we couldn't figure it out, we'd call them. But it's pretty much you're on your own. They'd do whatever they could do and try to see what's not working, and then you let them know you still haven’t got that in. Then, they'd tell you that once you get it installed to call them and they would make sure that it's functioning on their part.

Frontpoint Company Information