Get a Quote

4.0/5 (2043 ratings)

About Frontpoint

Frontpoint offers wireless home security packages with professional monitoring and app-based control. New customers work with Frontpoint representatives to find a personalized security solution for their home. Systems come preprogrammed and are designed for easy, do-it-yourself installation. Customers can try a Frontpoint home security system risk-free for 30 days.

Pros

• Month-to-month service available
  • Compatible with Alexa and Google Home
  • Build-your-own system option

Cons

• No professional installation option
  • No lifetime warranty on equipment

Bottom Line

Frontpoint security systems offer high-tech equipment and 24-hour professional monitoring. If you don’t mind installing it yourself, a Frontpoint alarm system could be a smart option for home protection.

Frontpoint Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

We have a Frontpoint system here and another at a place we have in Pennsylvania. When we were putting the sensors around, Frontpoint had misnumbered them. That was a real clown world show there. How could somebody misnumber the sensors when they send them out? The package should be double-checked to make sure that nothing is misnumbered. They were activating it and it was the wrong one. It took a while but we got it resolved. Also, we've had sensors back in Pennsylvania fall off or the battery went dead or had to be replaced. We've had a couple things like that happen over the years but those have all been handled well. All the conversations have been good with the representatives.

We have cameras too and I'm not really happy with that system. The motion detector wasn't being activated and recording all the time. For them to go off, somebody almost has to break and force entry then everything would start being recorded. That's the way it's set now. I would like it to be set that if a deer or a bear walks by, I'd like to be able to look back and see that.

There’s a thing where you have to draw a little box on them. When the wind would blow, it would trigger then we'd start getting all these messages ‘cause it’s hooked up with our phones. But it turned out to be branches. The idea is that if somebody tries to break in, the image will still be recorded and put up which is what we wanted. But I also wanted to be able to record if somebody was up there looking around and coming on the property without permission. I'd want the camera to be able to trigger it. I can't because they're so sensitive. They trigger so easily with motion. We've never been able to resolve that issue and we've tried several times. The cameras here are the same way. If you get a hard rainstorm, it’d do the same thing. The cameras would be going off all the time.

Overall, I would recommend it. The experience has been good. Frontpoint seems to keep up with all the latest stuff coming out. The distance is really good. We have a sensor that’s probably 100-feet away from the main unit and it picks it up. I could also hold off calling the police to make sure that nobody was up there. After two or three false alarms, the cops start charging you. What's good is Frontpoint calls me right away and I call one of us because there are several of us on it. I would say, “It's probably a sensor. We'll check so don't do anything.” It's always been good if that's happened.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

I like the ease of installation and price of Frontpoint. However, the video camera doorbell thing doesn't work very well. So I use something separate. But the quality of the system is good and the installation was fine.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

I'm an attorney and my only issue with Frontpoint is their contract of adhesion isn't exactly one that I like. When I pointed that out to them, they were not willing to be flexible at all in what I believe was my perfectly reasonable request. I understand that most businesses operate that way, but it's always a negative point in my book because I work in contract management. I know that those little details matter. Apart from that, Frontpoint has been good. It's hands-off and the product works generally as intended. The system has performed well enough that I'm not looking for a replacement. We had some difficulties when we first moved in though. We're close to getting charged by the city for a couple of visits out by police. The alarm system was going off, and we weren't able to get to the phone in time to call them off.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

The people I've talked to at Frontpoint were doing their job and doing the best they could. But the equipment has failed more frequently than I feel like it should. I have a camera that was suddenly not giving me video and it looked like the camera’s failed. But it's out of warranty. So I either have to buy a new one or not have the camera as part of the package. But the alarm system works as expected. They've also been responsive when I called customer service.

It's also very easy to set up and get going. Adding the equipment into the system is pretty easy. It's a little annoying when you have to talk to a real person when you're setting it up. But from a security perspective, that's fine. The only complaint I've had was the equipment failed once we've had it. But setting it up, using the app and being able to turn the alarm on and off when I'm not physically in the house, the system has been really helpful.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

I was looking for something I could do myself so I went with Frontpoint. I would use the other home security system I had used over them. I've had too many problems. My alarm went out. It went off for over an hour one day and not a person called me. I wanna quit with them. I've talked with them a few times but they don't care. I haven't had good experiences at all.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

So far, my experience with Frontpoint has been good. When I call them, I usually need help with the sensor and they're pretty good. They've been better now than they have been in the past, so the last call that I had was good. However, it's been a long time since I got the unit that I have and I don't even know what kind of upgrades they have available for my service panel.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

The installation was easy and straightforward and the system is simple to use. I have a few hiccups here and there but overall, it's doing its job.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

With Frontpoint, I liked that I didn't have to pay a lot of money upfront. They have good customer service, and they walk you through getting the system set up. We're on our second system with them. I did the upgrade with them, and I went from having the masterpiece where you can change the chime and the noises it makes to where you can't anymore. So, I didn't actually upgrade it. I downgraded it. There's a voice that you can turn on and it'll say the front door or the back door is open, but you can't turn the voice up and down on your own. You have to call them and have it switched to a chime. The chime only has one level. You can't turn it up or down. So, they kind of blew it with that, and they know they did. But that's about the only thing that I find annoying.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

I've been with Frontpoint for quite a few years and having them is comforting when we go out sometimes or when we're away. I liked that I could just do it myself without having to have somebody in to wire the house and everybody's been very helpful every time I've called. I've had to have help in certain items sometimes like the glass breakers. I have new ones now but some of the older ones, sometimes you have to have them set just right on the pivot point so that they will react. They were sensitive to glass. These glass breakers are a little more sensitive than they need and not sensitive in terms of going off. They're sensitive in setting up how you have to balance them so they'll be on their right points. But for the new ones I've gotten recently, I haven't had any problems. I'm hoping that when the batteries do wear down, they'll be easier to get set back on the points they have to be so they’ll work properly.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

A person I work with referred Frontpoint to us because they have Frontpoint. We wanted a system we could install ourselves, so we wouldn't have to pay a huge installation fee. The installation was pretty easy. We've had issues from the very beginning. There's one door sensor that tends to go on and offline all the time. I've never called about it. But that's been going on ever since I got it, and it's been annoying. Every once in a while, our system goes offline. But it seems to work pretty well other than that one door sensor.

Recently, my husband called Frontpoint, and they said that we needed a software update and once they pushed it to us, it fixed the problem. But other times, we just try to reboot the system or turn it off and back on and see if that fixes it. We have the box in my office. Normally there's a green light underneath it, which means everything's a go. But sometimes it will flash blue or red or a different color than green, and then we know something's up. So, if I'm in the room where the box is, I can tell right away, there's something not working right. But if we're in a different room of the house, I wouldn't know. The door sensor that's bad sends us an email every time it goes on and offline. So, sometimes, I'll get 15 emails in one weekend because of it. In essence, ever since I got this system, that door sensor has not worked properly. Overall, the system has good functionality. It works well.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

In the beginning, having Frontpoint was good because I was away from home. But since COVID, I felt like there was less of a need for it because my wife and I have been working from home at this point. I wish their monthly subscription rates were a little lower especially for a long-time loyal customer. Then I had issues with the sensor units themselves. The adhesive that came with it started getting old and the units started falling off the wall that I mounted it on. I went out to buy my own 3M Velcro adhesive that worked better than what they supplied. But then the system does its job.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

At the time, Frontpoint was set up as a do-it-yourself operation. I installed it myself and the instructions were easy to follow. The system was pretty much customized. I'm due to the systems upgrade throughout the home this summer when my contract expires. I wish they make that easy. My only complaint about them was I thought their control panels were dated. They have new ones now, so they don't have that problem anymore. When I was working, Frontpoint gave me an increased feeling of security because I just couldn't be home all the time. I'm retired now.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

Frontpoint was recommended to us by a lot of people that use it, and we always feel comfortable with Costco. Three people that we asked that had switched to Frontpoint have been really happy. So, that was why we went with it. I had an alert go off once, and it was in the middle of the night. And I got a call, and the person I spoke with walked me through it. Then, we followed up the following day. So, that was one thing I thought was really cool. Then, just the time where I just run out the door and forget that I tripped my alarm, I got a phone call. So, they've been very attentive. Whenever it's happened, it's only been a few times but they've always responded. They've been very nice and patient.

The main screen is far away from where I sleep, so I'm curious where I can have an alert at my bedside, knowing which has been triggered. They probably know that, but I don't have the alerts on my phone. They call me. But the fact that I would be really far away, and it would be my front door, it makes me leery of having to go all the way close to my front door to find out which one's gone off. So, we walked through that on the phone with them.

All the time I've had Frontpoint, it was so nice because of the fact that they helped me set it all up. One time, the police officer showed up. He was quick, but I am close to them. They knocked on the door because I had triggered my alarm. I got back from a long trip and I just totally spaced. There was the police officer going, “Your alarm’s going off.” Once a year, if something happens, they're still there. So, that’s good.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

I like the system of Frontpoint very much. It works well. The installation was easy. I did it myself. Since having the system, I feel a lot more secure. When my husband's here, a lot of times, I don't bother with it. But definitely, when I'm home alone, that goes on every night. The only thing is I usually forget to turn it off in the morning when I open the door to take the dog out. So, I have to run back and do it. But it's very good. I really am happy with it. I also bought a smoke detector so that if there was a fire during the day, they would notify the fire department right away. That’s important to me.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

I've been a Frontpoint customer for years now. The installation was easy-shmeezy. You stick on the sensors where they're supposed to go, Frontpoint helps you to activate the system, and you're done. I feel safe having the system and it works well. I like the fact that I can control it with my phone. That's very good. You can do that with other systems too. I just trust Frontpoint as not being a fly-by-night operation. They are probably a more reliable outfit than ADT is. ADT is too big for their britches. I feel better with Frontpoint and everything is going fine with my system. I'm just kind of waiting for when the time comes I have to update my panel because the 3G is going away.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

I like the DIY installation and cost-effectiveness of Frontpoint. For the most part, we're happy with the system of Frontline. Sometimes, the sensors get fickle.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

Frontpoint is much more user-friendly and less prone to malfunctions, mistakes, and sensor issues compared to my previous one. All the wireless features work great, too. All the sensors are pretty wide-range. No upgrades or complaints on those. I have everything that I need. The app works great and I use it all the time. The customer service is a selling feature as well as the do-it-yourself installation. Those two items were the biggest reasons for sticking with them.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

I've been using Frontpoint for almost seven years now and everything works great. A couple of times when my devices run out of battery or had problems, I had to call customer service and they rushed the new devices or new battery. It has been hassle free. The best feature is being able to arm and disarm remotely. We are feeling lot more secure because of Frontpoint. The great thing is it has a very good name and reputation. Having the Frontpoint decal in the yard and on the windows and the doors is a great deterrent. Even the response whenever there is alarm is phenomenal. I get a real time response.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

I like the self-installation of Frontpoint. The system is decent too. However, there are issues with interference that they don't do a good job of telling you about ahead of time, such as trying to get some sensors to work depending on placement. Also, the phone wait to get to support is agonizingly long to where they make them call you back. They always say there are 400 people ahead of you, and then they'll call you back. So that's been the only turn off. One of the big turn on was that they had great reviews on customer service and interaction and accessibility. Also, in the past, you could call Frontpoint and talk to technical support and get a live person with a very minimal wait. But now they seem they're just turning into another large company that is hard to get in touch with.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

We like Frontpoint better compared to our previous one that's why we put it in more locations. The only issue we've had is sometimes when a system has gone, an alarm has been triggered, we get an automated system instead of a person, which can be a little frustrating. But then it works well. We've had a couple of sensors that have gone bad but anytime I've called in with one, the representatives are always really quick to get me out a new one. They're very respectful and professional.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

I like that if the Wi-Fi goes out, the Frontpoint system still works. Cost-wise, it cost more per month than SimpliSafe because we've got monitoring. But in terms of, the equipment itself, it's about the same price. The first thing we realized was that we didn't want the sensors on the outside of the doors, which meant we had to drill three-quarter-inch holes into the sides of the door. It was a little freaky at times. One sensor was defective when we got it. It didn't set up in the system correctly. But the customer service of Frontpoint was amazing. They walked us through getting the second sensor and getting it put in.

If you're a little bit nervous about doing it, having their support people there is awesome. If you run into a problem like when the thing started beeping at me, they were there to answer the questions and I was not having to do everything by myself. I've got a support team there all the time. That's the one reason we absolutely would recommend them is that their support people are always there. I also appreciate the fact that it's being monitored. I don't want one that I'm the only person monitoring and if the alarm goes off, it's me that has to deal with it and not having someone else that knows what's going on. I'm happy with Frontpoint.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

I installed Frontpoint on my own as they are a do-it-yourself company. The instructions were extremely easy. The equipment is fairly up to date and really streamlined. It's been great so far.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

The system of Frontpoint is good. However, the last time I called customer service, the experience wasn't too pleasant. That's why we're deciding now as soon as I have time, we're going to cancel the service with them and look for somebody else.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2021

Frontpoint appealed to me because they weren't Wi-Fi based. If my power goes out, I still have a security system. They're one of the few that had it at a reasonable price. Supposedly, it's an encrypted line. So someone who has a little pocket jammer can't still break in and not set the alarm off. As far as sales and service, all calls have been good, except for one. The guy's perfectly polite. He just didn't solve my problem the first call, so I had to call back and get it fixed later. But overall, it's been a good experience. They treat us well. Go for Frontpoint.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

We weren't particularly happy with the system we had in place. It would go off in the middle of the night intermittently on occasion. We don't know why. We were researching online, and Frontpoint had good reviews. Their customer service were terrific and beyond helpful. They stayed on the line while we did stuff. They got great personalities. As far as the equipment, it's a self-install. They help you get on the phone. They’re very good.

The system does the job. It's on and it keeps us safe. It’s good. We did add a couple more features that we didn't have in place before. We bought a basic system, then we added a few more elements in, and each person we talked to was really terrific. It's really easy where it’s a very up-to-date system. Security is one of those things that has been out-of-date for a very long time. Locally, there's a very high-end security provider that has a reputation in fact of having theft follow upon installation. It’s basically an inside job. The point is, Frontpoint doesn't know us. It’s far away. It's a modern version of security, well-packaged and well-delivered.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

We have used Frontpoint for years with no complaints except for the initial contract requirements. However, recently our panel malfunctioned and triggered an alarm. Frontpoint techs thought it might be a fluke but it happened again. To replace the panel, Frontpoint said I would have to sign another contract for another year.

Since I am currently always at home, I decided to just cancel service for the time being. However, Frontpoint is charging me for another month even though I don't have a working panel. Needless to say, I will be not be returning to Frontpoint. For those looking for an alarm service, I recommend other highly rated companies like Simplisafe or Ring that are less expensive and do not require contracts.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

I had always had a home security system and then it got outdated. The motherboard in it went bad. So, I shopped around and found Frontpoint. I really liked the old hardware system better. One of the things that I don't like about the Frontpoint system is that when I leave, if a sensor is not working properly, it will go ahead and let me set the alarm. And I may or may not look to see if all the sensors were working. I know you can see that, but sometimes you're in a hurry and you just hit the alarm and go on. Other than that, I’m really happy with the features that were offered through Frontpoint. I’ve had a good experience with the customer service reps over at Frontpoint. I bought some add on stuff. They've done well.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2021

I moved to this area and I wasn't too sure about it. It's a one-story house with lots of windows. I got Frontpoint and I like it a lot better than ADT, which I had at my niece's house. The Frontpoint rep really helped me a lot. She gave me time to make a decision. She wasn't rushing me. As far as installation, it has been very good. The features in the system are great. I didn't know about some of them. I left it on silent, and I came back and it went off. I didn't even know it was going off because it was on silent, but I know about that now because the police came. I definitely would recommend the company. In fact, I have recommended it to a couple people. I told them it was the best and the easiest to install that I've ever had.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2021

Frontpoint's customer service was very good. I installed the equipment. There is one thing that's very important that they change. They need to change the tape that they offer in their setup kit that attaches the sensors to the doors and windows because it comes loose every time there's a change in the weather. That security tape used to attach the sensors is a very big deal. In fact, I lost four individual pieces to the sensors because I had a construction crew out here, and they didn't pay any attention to that stuff. It cost me 120 bucks to replace it.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2021

We had ADT and Brinks and with them, if there's a problem with equipment, I just call and they come out. Then, they charge me for that. With Frontpoint, it's do-it-yourself. I had to install the equipment. I'm an engineer so it's easy for me to do that stuff. Also, everything is wireless. If you're not tech-savvy, it's going to be frustrating and you'd probably go with ADT or Brinks 'cause they'll do it for you. Feature-wise, there's no distinction between ADT and Frontpoint. They both have silent alarms and cellular backup. So, it's not for everyone and I would definitely not recommend this to a non-technical friend. If someone didn't know that they had to do so much and then ordered it, they probably would cancel after.

Frontpoint Company Information