2.1/5 (63 ratings)

About Frontpoint

Frontpoint offers wireless home security packages with professional monitoring and app-based control. New customers work with Frontpoint representatives to find a personalized security solution for their home. Systems come preprogrammed and are designed for easy, do-it-yourself installation. Customers can try a Frontpoint home security system risk-free for 30 days.

Pros

• Month-to-month service available
  • Compatible with Alexa and Google Home
  • Build-your-own system option

Cons

• No professional installation option
  • No lifetime warranty on equipment

Bottom Line

Frontpoint security systems offer high-tech equipment and 24-hour professional monitoring. If you don’t mind installing it yourself, a Frontpoint alarm system could be a smart option for home protection.

Frontpoint Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Original review: May 6, 2021

Frontpoint has good quality for the price and the only thing they might want to do is their magnetics, which is for the doors. They need to make them a little bit larger. The motion sensors don't quite register if you mount a switch to the door and there's no other place to mount the other switch. And if you didn't have the crown molding, what's meant to be mounted on the door would sit flush. But if you put our door with crown molding, one is going to be higher than the other and sometimes, that crown molding on some of the older slash Victorian style houses is thick so it doesn't quite trigger. Beyond that, everything else is great. The set up was self-explanatory and the Frontpoint technicians were awesome.

My mother is elderly so she doesn't negotiate stairs. She generally stays on the ground floor and she doesn't quite understand all these alarms. I told her that she will never have to go in the basement. All the heavy furniture and all the heavy boxes she could never lift are in the basement. So, I was setting it up and I explained it to her that, if you set all the motion detectors for home and they go off from the ground floor, that's fine. And I told her that as long as the alarm is on, if anything triggers below this basement door, you have a break in. If someone breaks in through a window and they open the door, it would set off the alarm.

One more thing I can recommend that'll make it a lot easier for people that are not too tech savvy, like parents or grandparents is for the Frontpoint app. It’s a great app but they can customize it and have them do customized ring tones and notifications. I've recommended Frontpoint to four people and I had gone to my brother's house. He was telling me he was getting Frontpoint but he went with SimpliSafe. He had it in his house for four months and he never set it up. I told him I’ll set it up for him. Either way, they're both simple setups but Frontpoint has got more bang for the buck and a better deal. They are very helpful and anyone I've ever talked to in Frontpoint has great personality.

Original review: May 5, 2021

I looked at all of the home security systems that were available and I got the best value for my money by going with Frontpoint. Their reps are very knowledgeable when you call them and they take care of any issue immediately. The installation was just a breeze. I would recommend that my friends get Frontpoint.

Original review: May 5, 2021

We’ve been using Frontpoint for seven years now. We had already been month to month with them for a long time. I got a call about needing to upgrade the unit from a 3G radio to a 4G. So we just talked about the need for that and discussed what the updated pricing would be moving forward. One thing I have always appreciated about Frontpoint is that people are very professional and polite and helpful. The rep knew everything about the need for the upgrade and what the plan would entail. They had changed the offered plans since we had last enrolled, so she explained that well.

The install was a little bit tricky. But I found the video as the most helpful thing to watch to see how to do it. The antennas were a little bit finicky. They came out once or twice, trying to rotate them into a good position to fit them back inside the box. But other than that, it was pretty easy. The upgrade really didn't change the coverage that we had. But overall, we appreciate having the system. It does give us a sense of security, especially when we go out of town or out of the house for a long period of time.

Original review: April 21, 2021

I’m in the market for a security system with cameras, and began to research different companies and pricing options. I filled out a form with Frontpoint requesting a quote for my home. What I did not request, however, was the volume of follow up calls regarding. Today is a Tuesday, and I had received three calls before 10AM and a voicemail. The calls did not stop. They were all from one number, so I blocked the number. Then I received calls from a similar number. By 5PM I had a total of seven calls. It’s a Tuesday! I’ve been at work in Divisional meetings all day, and my phone will not stop.

Because of this, I will not bring my business to Frontpoint. Yes, I initiated a price quote and agreed to receive phone calls, however, the volume of calls was ridiculous and caused stress as they kept coming during my busy work day despite my attempt to block them. I hope the sales associate removed my number from their system as I had asked, because I have more meetings scheduled for tomorrow.

Original review: April 12, 2021

I was a loyal Frontpoint customer since 2015 and paid them thousands during this time. When my panel broke they wanted me to buy a new one or they would give me a new one if I signed a new contract as I was month to month. I already signed a 2 year contract back in 2015 and did not want to be committed to another yearly contract. They would've surely made up the expense of the panel with my continuing monthly service. I was thinking about staying but the coup de grace for me was they wanted me to pay an additional month on a non-operating system. So I have 2 months of service on a unit that doesn't even work?

When I called and talked to Gary it was pretty much, "Sorry to see you go but good bye!" So off to Simplisafe. My neighbor has them and has nothing but good stuff to say about Simplisafe. Frontpoint is good until stuff breaks and they want to lock you back into a contract. I will recoup any loses within the first year since I won't be paying Frontpoint $50 a month compared to about half of that with Simplisafe.

Original review: April 7, 2021

After trying to cancel, need to jump through extra hoops before they can "confirm cancellation", basically their attempt to hook you along for more money. They will "offer" to cut your monthly in half, but still cheaper to go elsewhere. Because I missed the last hoop, they overcharged me by 3 months of payments. Go elsewhere.

Original review: March 27, 2021

This company will not honor any warranty on their equipment. Equipment only lasted for months yet I still had to pay the full three years of the contract with zero services rendered and zero operating equipment. I’ve literally Written over 30 emails with one response. When you call you are put on hold for hours unless it is for sales then they answer the phone right away and are more than accommodating. After one and a half years of trying to contact them I wrote a review on Facebook and finally got a response via a phone call.

The person did nothing to help me. Would not waive any of the fees regardless of the equipment not working. This company only cares about the dollar bill and I will be reporting them to the attorney general and filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. They do not care at all about their customer. They just want to gather new accounts and take your money for three years. Taking someone’s money without a product or service is called stealing.

Original review: March 5, 2021

I attempted to cancel my contract by transferring to the new property owner. This is a cumbersome and poorly designed process and in I was charged four additional payments after trying to get this set up even though I no longer owned the property. I would definitely not recommend transferring service and recognize that once you have been billed they will not take the charges off no matter what.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2021

The Frontpoint rep was excellent and my experience was, overall, very good. I used their online tutorial and did the installation myself. It went very well. The system works great and it's good peace of mind.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2021

I was looking at something that was easy where I could scale it up or scale it down depending on what I needed for it and Frontpoint seemed to be one of the better rated ones at the time. I've had the system probably 5 years now and the service is great. The customer service part was stellar because they were able to help me, walking me through and staying on the phone with me where I walked around and put sensors on. If you have an issue, they stay on the phone with you and make sure that it is resolved to your satisfaction. I see signs all over my neighborhood of different companies out there but Frontpoint seems to be the one that works the best to me. I even had it also installed after I had my office.

I got the little glass break systems and that helped out great. I had one situation some years back where I thought somebody broke into our house. The alarm was set off. Come to find out, it was a pitcher that had fallen. You have your geofence that if you forget to turn the alarm on, it helps you recognize that if you're a certain distance from your place, you can set that up. I have that turned on. The camera system works great.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

I did the installation myself and spoke with somebody on the phone. They walked me through it. Everything so far with Frontpoint over the last couple years has been excellent. They answer the phone relatively quickly. They do their best to solve whatever issues we're having.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

We've had Frontpoint for quite a while and it's great. It's simple. The only thing I had was to get the little things that you have to put on so that they connect. I had a little difficulty with that. But I feel secure with the system. I sometimes screw up on it a little bit, but not bad. I know it's there. All I have to do is remember to set it at night and that's become a ritual with me.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

I like the ease of equipment and the price point of Frontpoint. They’ve had good customer support and they also answered all my questions. I recently had an issue with our console and I’m unaware of their updated equipment or options. So that would be something nice to understand. But it's been durable. We'd like to do some add-ons, but it seems expensive.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

There was a wired system installed in the house when we bought it. The more I learned in recent years about wireless systems, I decided that I would change to one, and Frontpoint seemed to have good reviews. The gentleman that installed was very patient with me, which I appreciated. We’ve had a couple of different occasions to call customer service. This last call was to replace the battery in the master control unit, and it was generally very good. We just added an indoor camera, which was also a nice feature. Last fall, I added a Ring doorbell, which isn't part of Frontpoint. Whenever somebody comes to the front door, or through a way, it notifies me. I love that feature from a security standpoint. And because people have packages being delivered to their house all the time now, it's really nice to have that feature. At the time, I didn't ask whether Frontpoint offered that service. If they don't have it, they should add it.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

We have had our system for more than 12 years and have experienced a horrible decline in service and equipment reliability in the last two-three years. We upgraded equipment (at our expense) thinking that would correct issues, it only got worse. Frequent false sensor failures, 90 minutes plus wait for support phone service, extremely limited online access to sensor and panel settings. We are afraid to arm the system which makes it worthless.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

Installing our Frontpoint system was simple and since then, it's been great. I definitely feel much more secure being able to monitor while I'm at work. It's definitely peace of mind.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

I like the fact that Frontpoint is wireless. I'm satisfied with it. The only thing is I'm having a problem with a Ring sensor. They keep going in and offline. But the service has been good. I did recommend a couple people because we have telephone access. You could control from anywhere. You also could add cameras. You could do so much with it. Right now, I have two systems that I control from the app.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

Frontpoint's security equipment has been very good and I've been quite happy with everything.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

I had my Frontpoint system installed over 10 years ago and everything has been fine.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

I liked that with Frontpoint, I had the ability to install the security system myself without having an electrician coming in. The system that I got was delivered very well organized. Everything was pre-numbered and set up based on what I had ordered and the instructions were very clear. I'm not a handy person at all but I had my whole house done in less than 30 minutes. It was super easy. Since then, there have been a couple of hiccups with some sensors here and there but nothing out of the ordinary.

Since getting my system, I sleep better at night knowing that if any door were to open, I'd be alerted. When I first got the system, one of my children was sleepwalking. My system is armed so that it would only chime if a door opened. My sleepwalking child was headed out the back door in the middle of the night and I heard the door chime. It woke me up and I went running down the hallway. Had we not had the alarm, my child could have gotten out and God knows what would have happened.

Frontpoint's reps are so knowledgeable that anytime I call, they always have an answer or they can get the answer very quickly. They stay with me until my issue is resolved. I have used Frontpoint as an example in training my own team to create "wow moments" so that whenever they have an opportunity to speak with a customer, that customer would hang up and say "Wow! Those guys are awesome" which is how I feel every time I hang up after talking to Frontpoint. I'm super happy with them.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

My garage was robbed a couple of times, so I got a system. I got Frontpoint five years ago mostly because it was the best DIY solution at the time and I've kept it since. They've always been easy to get ahold of and on point when I needed anything. I've never had any issues with them. I also don't think there's anything one could do to make the sensors better or worse, but the expandability of the base might be a little bit better. I have three floors in my townhome and all the way to the top floor, it's hard to hear the base station make its announcements.

If there was a better solution to have extra speakers when there was an alert or when a door opens, that would be ideal, but it's not an easy solution right now. Frontpoint doesn't integrate very well with Alexa or Google too. If someone wants to have their security system integrated with a smart home, they might wanna do a little more research before they buy something. At the same time, it depends on the consumer.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2021

My Frontpoint system is pretty standard with the other security systems I've had. My only complaint is that the chirping sound when I come through the door is very high-pitched. So, I had to turn it off 'cause it freaks out my dog. With the other security systems I've had such as ADT in Delaware and Simplisafe in Providence, their sound had a lower pitch and it didn't bother dogs. Also, one of them had phone applications with which I could do everything. Otherwise, this system has been good and the person whom I worked with was extremely helpful and knowledgeable. I got this system because I'm concerned about my two little dogs. If there's a fire or someone breaks in, they would slip out. It's nice working long hours knowing that I'm going to get a phone call if a smoke alarm goes off.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2021

For the most part, installation went fine. We might have had a few hiccups, but Frontpoint resolved them. We’ve had the system for a few years. One time, we had a fire or a smoke alarm malfunction and the fire department showed up. While on vacation, we’ve had some motion detectors do false alarms, and the cops showed up. Given that we’ve had a few false alarms, we have a mixed feeling of a sense of security, of knowing if it's real or not. I also wish they would allow a lot more video uploads for the initial price.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

It was certainly great when we were onboarding Frontpoint. It was fine after that point. It was a different team signing up from the people who do the ongoing support, which is normal. But I didn't quite understand how much discount was given to our initial package. So when it was time to replace stuff, I was like, “Oh, this is a lot more than I thought.” But it wasn't something I was dissatisfied about at all.

The person who was doing the original sale didn't have to sell me at all. It was already decided and then called. So what she did was she asked me some questions and came up with a list of crap that she rattled off to me. I said, “That sounds fine. Let's get it,” thinking I can always tweak it later. I probably would have gone over that list a couple more times and realize that I forgot some windows.

The installation instructions were super easy though. We had to call a couple of times and get something replaced because it just wasn't connecting. We put a keypad downstairs and it also constantly messages us, but it's disconnected because it's a little far away from the access point. But I have not had any issues with the smartphone features. However, we have these Wyze cameras that we use for spying on my chickens out in the yard and that thing constantly disconnects. It has to be uninstalled and reinstalled and power-cycled. I guess it works better on some newer phones and not others and I was using an old phone. Nothing’s ever perfect, but I’m satisfied with Frontpoint.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

We have a Frontpoint system here and another at a place we have in Pennsylvania. When we were putting the sensors around, Frontpoint had misnumbered them. That was a real clown world show there. How could somebody misnumber the sensors when they send them out? The package should be double-checked to make sure that nothing is misnumbered. They were activating it and it was the wrong one. It took a while but we got it resolved. Also, we've had sensors back in Pennsylvania fall off or the battery went dead or had to be replaced. We've had a couple things like that happen over the years but those have all been handled well. All the conversations have been good with the representatives.

We have cameras too and I'm not really happy with that system. The motion detector wasn't being activated and recording all the time. For them to go off, somebody almost has to break and force entry then everything would start being recorded. That's the way it's set now. I would like it to be set that if a deer or a bear walks by, I'd like to be able to look back and see that.

There’s a thing where you have to draw a little box on them. When the wind would blow, it would trigger then we'd start getting all these messages ‘cause it’s hooked up with our phones. But it turned out to be branches. The idea is that if somebody tries to break in, the image will still be recorded and put up which is what we wanted. But I also wanted to be able to record if somebody was up there looking around and coming on the property without permission. I'd want the camera to be able to trigger it. I can't because they're so sensitive. They trigger so easily with motion. We've never been able to resolve that issue and we've tried several times. The cameras here are the same way. If you get a hard rainstorm, it’d do the same thing. The cameras would be going off all the time.

Overall, I would recommend it. The experience has been good. Frontpoint seems to keep up with all the latest stuff coming out. The distance is really good. We have a sensor that’s probably 100-feet away from the main unit and it picks it up. I could also hold off calling the police to make sure that nobody was up there. After two or three false alarms, the cops start charging you. What's good is Frontpoint calls me right away and I call one of us because there are several of us on it. I would say, “It's probably a sensor. We'll check so don't do anything.” It's always been good if that's happened.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

I like the ease of installation and price of Frontpoint. However, the video camera doorbell thing doesn't work very well. So I use something separate. But the quality of the system is good and the installation was fine.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

I'm an attorney and my only issue with Frontpoint is their contract of adhesion isn't exactly one that I like. When I pointed that out to them, they were not willing to be flexible at all in what I believe was my perfectly reasonable request. I understand that most businesses operate that way, but it's always a negative point in my book because I work in contract management. I know that those little details matter. Apart from that, Frontpoint has been good. It's hands-off and the product works generally as intended. The system has performed well enough that I'm not looking for a replacement. We had some difficulties when we first moved in though. We're close to getting charged by the city for a couple of visits out by police. The alarm system was going off, and we weren't able to get to the phone in time to call them off.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

The people I've talked to at Frontpoint were doing their job and doing the best they could. But the equipment has failed more frequently than I feel like it should. I have a camera that was suddenly not giving me video and it looked like the camera’s failed. But it's out of warranty. So I either have to buy a new one or not have the camera as part of the package. But the alarm system works as expected. They've also been responsive when I called customer service.

It's also very easy to set up and get going. Adding the equipment into the system is pretty easy. It's a little annoying when you have to talk to a real person when you're setting it up. But from a security perspective, that's fine. The only complaint I've had was the equipment failed once we've had it. But setting it up, using the app and being able to turn the alarm on and off when I'm not physically in the house, the system has been really helpful.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

I was looking for something I could do myself so I went with Frontpoint. I would use the other home security system I had used over them. I've had too many problems. My alarm went out. It went off for over an hour one day and not a person called me. I wanna quit with them. I've talked with them a few times but they don't care. I haven't had good experiences at all.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

So far, my experience with Frontpoint has been good. When I call them, I usually need help with the sensor and they're pretty good. They've been better now than they have been in the past, so the last call that I had was good. However, it's been a long time since I got the unit that I have and I don't even know what kind of upgrades they have available for my service panel.

Frontpoint Company Information