4.27/5
Based on 1,467 ratings submitted in the last year

Need a home alarm?

Frontpoint

Frontpoint does home security differently. By offering complete protection coupled with truly genuine and helpful service, Frontpoint gives customers everything they need and nothing they don’t. All Frontpoint customers get a personalized security solution designed to not only make them feel safe, but feel good, as well.

Every Frontpoint system comes with 100% wireless equipment and 100% cellular monitoring, for no extra charge. Cellular monitoring means a more reliable connection between the home and monitoring center, and wireless means no lines for burglars to cut. Frontpoint also works with you to ensure that every system is customized to fit every customer’s unique home and lifestyle needs. Frontpoint systems are also refreshingly simple, allowing for customers to set up, move or expand systems on their own, at any time.

In addition to intrusion, all Frontpoint monitoring plans include protection against fire, flood, freeze, carbon monoxide and medical emergencies. Also, advanced technology such as remote online access, free mobile apps keep customers in touch and in control at all times, no matter where they are. When consumers compare Frontpoint to the competition, it’s easy to see just what makes them stand out.

View More View More

7667 Frontpoint Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 31, 2019

My wife read some reviews on Frontpoint and we thought we'd give it a try. I did the installation, which was very simple. It took an hour to set everything up. We like it compared to our old system. It has a fair price and the video options have been very helpful. But we'd probably add some more cameras to it at some point to cover some other areas of the house.

Original review: March 30, 2019

I was with Time Warner for a few years. I switched my internet and they said they won’t be able to provide me the service if I don’t get the internet. Frontpoint had decent reviews and are self-install systems, so I went with them. I needed some help also with installation, and their customer service was pretty good. The staff and technical support were quite helpful and very friendly. Asked me to call back if I need any more assistance.

The only issue I had is setting up the motion sensor. It’s hard for me to see what area exactly it’ll cover. If there was a laser in it (only for the set-up part) that tells you the laser is covering this much, it would make it a little easier for people like to me know, rather than just judging by what they’re telling you is gonna be covered this much and how far, and so on. Other than that, the system is working fine and I’ll definitely recommend them to others.

Original review: March 30, 2019

Frontpoint was referred by a friend I trusted, so I wanted to give it a try. Everything was easy in the installation. Everything has been great, too. I really like the cute keypad for the keychain. It is my favorite and I use it all the time, as well as the app. I like being able to set the system when I’m not home. I definitely feel safe or secure with the system. They’ve called me a couple of times because I burnt the bacon, but other than that, there has been nothing serious.

Original review: March 29, 2019

Frontpoint has been working well so far and my favorite feature about the security system is that I can alarm it even if I'm not there. I also love the cameras. The installation was a little difficult with the cameras, especially the outside one. I called customer service, but it still was very confusing because I was under the understanding that it would all work even if I didn’t have a Wi-Fi system. The security does, but with the outside camera, I need to have a Wi-Fi. The overall functionality and performance of the system are good. I'm glad it gives me notices, like if it is not set, but sometimes it goes overboard like I would get a text every five minutes. You couldn't clear out that you are setting it off yourself and it would have to keep reminding me that it is off.

Original review: March 29, 2019

Frontpoint has a lower price compared to ADT which I previously had. I installed the system myself and it was easy. I had questions though and when I called Frontpoint, they walked me through it and it went better. Everybody was really helpful and pleasant. They have great customer service skills. I just have the basic features for now but they're fine.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Original review: March 28, 2019

What a mistake to change from ADT to this way inferior product. Cheap stick on alarms fall off within months. We cancelled account in November when credit card was expiring, they continued to use card without permission until I had to cancel card and contact credit card co to get charges refunded. Now getting emails saying account in arrears. Sorry... We switched back to ADT. Your product is garbage.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention. One of our Account Supervisors will be reaching out to address your concerns in detail and make sure you are completely taken care of moving forward. Thanks again and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Original review: March 28, 2019

Frontpoint was the best deal and they're less upfront. The installation of the system was straightforward. As far as the people go, everything’s fairly smooth, but some of their technology tends to drop out at weird times. My door contact out in the garage dropped a couple times. And then the signals to the door locks messes my range. And when we switched out the headend and everything was supposed to just port over, it didn’t. So, people started coming into the house and it set off the alarm. Other than that, I definitely feel more safe having Frontpoint.

Our Pick
    ConsumerAffairs RecommendedProtect America
    Original review: March 28, 2019

Everything has been good with Frontpoint. I did the installation of the system and it was easy. We set the smoke detector once and they called right away. They were very friendly with getting it cleared on their end. The Frontpoint system is a bit pricey, but the fact that it includes the water sensor and the smoke detector, that is valuable. My old ADT wired system didn’t offer that.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I googled security systems online and Frontpoint was rated one of the top with a good price. The cost of Frontpoint is cheaper than the alarm place that my wife had, so it is good. We've have had the Frontpoint system since September of last year and we like it. I did the installation myself. We've had no problems so far, but I wish I had their smoke detectors because what we have in our house is going off all the time. I also wish I had one of those touch screen monitors in our house.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I went to a different city, so I wanted to get a security system. This is our first home and that made me a little nervous. I did some research and it seemed like Frontpoint had really good customer service, so I thought it would be good. I like the wireless aspect of it, where I don't have to have a landline. The whole phone connection thing was good, too. Everything was positive with the sales representative from Frontpoint and the system was really easy to set up. We just went through and put everything on the doors and the windows and set up our system. The instructions were very easy to understand and we got through it quickly. The total installation process took less than 30 minutes.

I am perfectly happy with everything. I love that I can arm the system from my phone and that it is very easy to use. The quality of the equipment is very good. I haven't had any issues with it at all. The smart feature is also one of my favorite things. I like how I can create custom settings for it, like the no entry delay thing. The silent arming is nice, too. Everything works great. The price is great and the overall functionality and performance of the system are perfect. I feel so much better since having the system in our home. We don't have a fence right now and we have people walk through our backyard, so I have my system armed all the time just in case.

Original review: March 27, 2019

My experience in dealing with the Frontpoint reps were all extremely positive and very painless. The installation instructions were also very straightforward and it was almost foolproof just to be able to get it up there and get it going. Although, it took longer because we didn’t have internet at the time, so we had to do everything on LTE but it was easy. It only took about 30 minutes to get it all set and done. The system does what it needs to without too much overcomplication. I use the smartphone features all the time and it’s great as well. There’s no doubt that Frontpoint is another layer of knowing that my stuff and I are gonna be safe and secure.

Original review: March 26, 2019

We had a 3 year contract with Frontpoint and we are thrilled that it is over!!! Worse customer service we have ever experienced! Don't go with this company! They are not honest and upfront with their business practices such as our contract. When we took it out was for 3 years. We were never told that we had to give written notice! Who does that? Our contract is up! Why should we notify the company... They already know! Do yourself a favor and save yourself some money. Buy your own cameras and install an app on your phone. Much cheaper and you will do a better for yourself because you care!

Frontpoint response

We appreciate you taking the time to share this feedback with us. It is important to us that we address all of your concerns and make sure you are taken care of so we are going to have one of our Account Supervisors reach out to assist you. Thanks again and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Original review: March 26, 2019

I liked Frontpoint's pricing and their equipment. I also like how easy it was to use it. The rep explained it very well. The installation was also easy and I liked that I could install it myself instead of having somebody else to do it. I installed it in around 20 minutes. We could have the features on the app and access them there, too. Frontpoint also offered extra equipment to go along with the alarm. We've got the sensors on the windows and the door and the alarm on, and we've been sleeping better at night knowing that we don’t have to listen for anything.

Original review: March 26, 2019

The kids are getting older and staying at home by themselves sometimes, so we thought getting a security system would be good. When we called in with Frontpoint and inquired, we felt comfortable with them. I like their rep’s knowledge and what we heard. The packaging was good and the installation took a couple of different times, both with representatives. Our dog and his wireless collar interfered with the system at first but the on-call staff was able to help us turn the main system off, so that the dog wasn’t responding to beeps when doors opened. We have two cameras and it records. Then the app can just be quickly used versus the in-home main device. The video sometimes just says, “Troubleshooting” or “Try again,” though and that's probably related to the internet. But other than that, we definitely appreciate the Frontpoint system and rely on feeling secure because of it.

Original review: March 25, 2019

I went with Frontpoint when the other system I was with started getting too expensive. The sales guy on the phone was really good. He was upfront and told me what it would cost. I was just totally satisfied with it. Installation was a piece of cake. Everything came in a box and you put it up yourself. The old system then links with the new system. It took an hour to install everything. I am happy with its features. It's cool that the control board is a touchpad and you can put it wherever you want it. I am thinking of adding some cameras, one for in the house and one outside on the porch. My old system had a camera in one of the rooms, but that was not compatible with the new system.

Original review: March 25, 2019

I did some research online, and Frontpoint's cost and user-friendly setup made me use them. They have really empowered their representatives and their customer service is ahead of any other business that I’ve dealt with. The rep was very useful, friendly, and gave good feedback. He was also very knowledgeable about the product and the price. Plus, he did everything that he could on his side to make the price fair. I didn’t realize at first that the system was a do-it-yourself kit, but with that said, the installation was still very easy. Quality wise, the features in the system are great. I have a great sense of security with it. For what Frontpoint provides, they are underpriced. I would be willing to pay a little more if the prices went up just for the comfort the system provides. I'm satisfied with my decision to go with them.

Original review: March 24, 2019

My dad installed the Frontpoint system and it took about an hour. The features are typical but they are good and we are using the basics of it right now. The alarm has gone off accidentally and the alarm only goes off where the unit was. Our unit is not by the front door right now, so if someone were to come in the front door, it is not very loud. Still, everything else has been fine and since having Frontpoint in our home, our sense of security has increased a little.

Original review: March 24, 2019

We liked how the Frontpoint home security system talks to the cell towers or calls the police, which sold us. They sent me all the instructions on how to set it up and it took me half an hour to install everything. The features satisfied what we needed with the security system although we wanted more window sensors and they were so pricey. Since having the Frontpoint system in our home, we've been feeling better at night and we are protected when we leave the house for a weekend trip.

Original review: March 23, 2019

I have been with Frontpoint for about seven months and my experience has been fine. I have gotten a good response from their customer service whenever I called for anything and had very little issues with them. If there had been an issue, they were able to walk me through it so I have been pleased. The installation was straightforward when I did it. But, I called them one time during the installation and they helped me through whatever the issue was, so it went well. So far, my system is fine but I had one time that one of the motion detectors in the garage went off. I never could figure out why it went off so, we did some testing with the Frontpoint’s customer service on it and we could never figure it out. Nevertheless, Frontpoint has been very good for the most part.

Original review: March 23, 2019

I didn't have any issues with the service I received until I decided to cancel my service when I bundled my security system, internet, and cable. I figured I had a few months left on my contract since I was just shy of two years. Apparently their contracts are three years where my other services were only two years. I was told I would have to pay for 15 months of service after my 30 day written cancellation notice was received and I would be billed one more month. I was told I owed them over $400. When asked if I could split the charge over two months I was told no.

They went ahead and charged my card the $415 the next day causing my account to overdraft. They didn't wait 30 days to process the payment even though I was told I had to give 30 days written notice. While on the phone during my actual attempt to cancel, I asked to speak to a supervisor and was basically told no because a supervisor would just tell me the same thing. I finally got a supervisor and he was not willing to work with me whatsoever. When I asked to speak to someone in the corporate office again I was told no and that no one higher than the supervisor would help me.

I could have accepted paying $200 or so for terminating before my contract was up, but $400??? Also when the new company disconnected Frontpoint, I never received a call or notification that my alarm system had been disconnected so I have to wonder if they were really monitoring my system. Very disappointed with how they handled this process and $400 is a ripoff especially when they take your money right away for the cancellation.

Original review: March 23, 2019

I needed a home security system and got one from Frontpoint. They were cheaper than the other companies and they also came up number one when I googled the best home security system. Their sales reps were a little pushy and I didn't like that. But during the installation, the reps were helpful. I didn't understand the installation at first but I got through it alright. The quality of the system is okay, and the cost is great.

Frontpoint seems to be a reputable company but they let you test a couple of things for a couple of months and I didn't know that it didn't come with the service. So, everything costs something and it didn't matter. I had to call them and ask them about it. I see one thing on the screen and then I don't see it anymore. I got confused. I thought something was wrong with it. But they were just letting me test it and nobody told me that. That's one thing they should tell people. I didn't get what I'm paying for. But overall, I don't have a problem with the system from Frontpoint.

Original review: March 22, 2019

We live in Denver and people usually have security systems here. We found Frontpoint as the top-listed provider online on a couple different sites. It also had a bunch of services that we needed, like the ability to use the phone to turn the system on and off from a distance. We have memory issues with one of the people in our house and it is great as it is simple enough for him since he does not have to press a whole bunch of different keys and symbols in order to get it turned off.

It is interesting to have my phone ring if the door opens by mistake, and the alarm goes off because somebody forgot the alarm was on. It is also good to know that we are getting notifications right away when it opens. It is great as it chimes my phone very quickly and the response time has been good generally. The people at Frontpoint are really nice. The person who helped me purchased it was really helpful, walked me through it and followed up with the calls. He also made sure that everything got to me okay and everything arrived really quickly. Tthe system was easy to set up. We definitely feel more secure since we've had Frontpoint.

Original review: March 22, 2019

We moved into an apartment and I figured that since Frontpoint was already installed, it was easier to just transfer the stuff over to my name. However, for whatever reason, it was more complicated than that. We had to get a whole new control box, pay a fee to do that and it was a pain. But since then, it has been good so far. Plus, being able to turn it on and off through my phone is a good feature.

Original review: March 22, 2019

I had Vivint security for 10 years. Recently however, I was robbed. My home was burglarized and I was impressed because the thieves had torn the panel off the wall and smashed it, but the security system never alarmed the company. I did some research which told me that with Frontpoint if the panel was smashed, it would show that it was tampered with. It would notify the company which would also notify me. So, their sales rep got me to buy their product.

I'm not tech-savvy so during the installation of the system, I called, and they helped me set it up. I like that I can turn the alarm on and off through mobile. I leave before my husband, and then he tells me what time to set the alarm when he leaves the house. Both of my girls have cell phones, so they can turn it off and on through their phones as well. I've recommended Frontpoint to a couple of friends and my coworkers.

Original review: March 21, 2019

Three weeks so far and very happy with Customer+Tech support people working with me on the other end. Nothing like Brinks representatives. Frontpoint was VERY professional, patient and courteous so far. They made me feel that they truly care and wanted to help do this or do that. Excellent Job So Far CEOs!!! Thank You.

Original review: March 21, 2019

Everything has been great with Frontpoint, although it is way more expensive like I wish I had found SimpliSafe first. I wish the cameras and camera doorbell were more affordable. But other than it is more expensive than any other service, I don’t really have a problem with it. I’ve only had it for nine months, so they haven’t raised the cost on me, but if they raise it, that’s when I’m gonna drop it because SimpliSafe is $15 a month and the service is equally as good. Frontpoint's customer service has been fine. The system has gone off and their response time was very good and very quick, although the police had a hard time finding my home the first time that it happened because I’m in a gated community and the address that was on file was my box number.

Original review: March 21, 2019

The Frontpoint system is all self-install and it wasn’t too difficult. The directions included were accurate for the most part and when we had a few things that we had to resolve, they helped and everything was positive. They need to add more memory as far as the security features and the recording though. We had to customize our package to what we needed but the features that we went with seems to be working. The smartphone feature works fine, too. The cost is also out there with what the market rate is.

Original review: March 20, 2019

It called the police for us once. That was good. Turns out the sensor was just too cold. Embarrassing. Everything else sucks too. The door sensors were ok at best. Yes, I installed them correctly Frontpoint. The motion sensors are completely worthless if it gets too humid or cold in your garage. They have about a one month life span and keep constantly setting off the alarm. Did you know that some people don’t have heated garages Frontpoint? The control panel has a battery in it. Rechargeable right? No. Let your system come unplugged for a night and endure what comes next. Constant low battery warnings on the app. If it is rechargeable then it doesn’t work like advertised.

What I have mentioned thus far would still allow a mediocre rating but the customer service blows. Try calling at midnight to get a new battery sent to your house for the control panel. You will be disappointed. Security is important but not to them. Our house flooded and we had to evacuate. Keep in mind our house is ruined. We wanted to cancel the last 4 months of our contract. That might seem a little shady to a person who doesn’t have a heart. We have years of financial difficulties ahead of us now and Frontpoint can’t let 4 measly months of payments go. That’s cold hearted. Thanks for nothing. If for some reason you still want to go with Frontpoint only get door open sensors. The rest is trash. They post reviews on their website but I still haven’t found where I can write my review.

Original review: March 20, 2019

Performance-wise, Frontpoint is almost the same as my previous security provider, ADT. Frontpoint tries very hard in providing good customer service. For people that are easy around technology, Frontpoint is fine. If I had my mom buying a new house, I will never recommend Frontpoint for her. The customer service that ADT provides will be an advantage for somebody like her.

It makes a difference when you are going to install the system. If you go with ADT and you wanna place the keyboard in a wall, but you don’t want any cables or wires exposed, the installer will make it happen for you at no cost. I needed to hire a subcontractor to make that happen for me because Frontpoint was not there for that. You also need to program your own keyboard and you need to put your devices on the wall. Whatever you are gonna put in yourself, you need to have an understanding of how Frontpoint's security system works if you wanna have an efficient installation of the device. If it were my mom, then there is no way for her to do it. She doesn’t have the understanding or the ability to do it herself. But the system is fine. I liked the Benco better, but the one I have is fine as well. I have an alarm system, so I have the peace of mind to know that the house is armed or not or whoever is in. It is good.

Original review: March 20, 2019

I'm a new homebuyer but I grew up with a home security system and I figured I would have one myself. I did some research and I read the reviews and at that time, Frontpoint had the best reviews with the best price. The installation was very simple. My favorite feature was the app when I had it. It was great to see and do, but I couldn't even log into it anymore. Still, Frontpoint has been good so far.

Frontpoint Company Information