Protect Your Home

Get a professionally-installed home security system today.

Get Started

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.51/5

Frontpoint does home security differently. By offering complete protection coupled with truly genuine and helpful service, Frontpoint gives customers everything they need. All Frontpoint customers get a personalized security solution designed to make them feel safe.

Protect Your Home

Get a professionally-installed home security system today.

Get Started

Frontpoint Reviews

Original review: March 6, 2020

They lock you in a contract for years and when your contract is up, they will tell you that you are required to give a 30 day notice of cancellation. I gave this notice a year ago and they still continue to debit my account for a system I haven't used in 2 years. DO NOT use this company unless you like to throw money away. They are such a SCAM and customer service is ridiculous. THERE IS NO SERVICE AFTER THE SALE!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

The red flags are the credit check and 3 yr contract. They will do a great job convincing you their product is easy set up and a great value. It’s not!! We are pretty tech smart but had to hire an expensive electrician to get their outdoor cameras up. After being here an entire day, he couldn’t even get them working. We had to buy multiple WiFi extenders just to get them in use (more expense). We ordered 2 doorbell cameras as well for 2 outdoor doors. One worked fine but the other would not work with our newer doorbell system (even the electrician could not get it to work).

Of course all this work took more than the 30 days they allow you to return so after a very long phone conversation with 2 people including a manager, they refused to exchange the doorbell camera for a different type of camera or offer any other type of consolation. Essentially, we have a doorbell camera in a box that is useless. Cameras do not record continuously, only when motion is detected. Very overpriced considering how little they do for you. Only positive is clear picture. App is unreliable. If you cancel before 3 yrs you are expected to pay 80% of what is still owed which is nuts!

Keep in mind with technology the way it is that in three years whatever you did buy is probably not gonna work well anymore anyway and you’re going to need to buy all new stuff. This is a company that basically knows they have people trapped for three years. You could just buy a nice set of cameras yourself and avoid the monthly cost. Do your research and save yourself a lot of work, money and frustration.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2020

Loved the phone app and thought it was included. Nope, it wasn’t; and I spent hours on the phone to figure out why I was upcharged. NEVER USE THIS COMPANY. They offered to let me cancel for the entire cost of two years of service. NEVER BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. Ya I kinda hate these guys. Don’t waste your time.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

Scammers! Buyer beware when signing a new contract. I have been a customer for over 8 years and one day my panel went down. After calling customer service and attempting to remedy it, they informed me that my radio signal went down and I will need to "upgrade" my system. Being that I was out of contract, they needed me to sign a 3 year contract with them. I was okay with this and after some convincing they gave me a better monthly rate and some replacement equipment.

Everything was fine until I signed the contract and the equipment arrived. The system is definitely newer and more modern, however, we lost the feature to turn off all of our Z-wave lights with the button on the alarm panel. The argument was that we don't need that button on our panel and that we could always download the app on our phone. Another "option" was putting a tablet next to our panel for use. They also have a touch screen system, but we would have to pay the difference in cost. This is a matter of principle. Why would I have to pay more to restore the services I already lost? I know it's just a button feature, but making a long term customer pay the difference is just terrible business practice.

Needless to say, we are locked in a contract and lost a feature. The "three day" resignation begins when you sign the contract and not when you actually receive the equipment. And there's the kicker! After I signed my new contract, my old equipment mysteriously starting working again. This has scam written all over it, and to screw over an 8 year customer is a new low. Though I can't get out of my contract, the best I can do is tell consumers never to sign up for them. Tell your friends!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

The cost of monitoring my service is $45/month which is crazy! Other companies offer this service for $200/year these days. It seems like they sell their service for a lower price now but didn't proactively let me know. I'm really disappointed in Frontpoint. Technology and service models are changing but it doesn't feel like Frontpoint is changing quickly enough. Oh, and they make it a bit too difficult to cancel their service. I sent support an email explaining that i'd like to cancel. They referred me to another team that I would have to call. No, they couldn't just forward my email. And then when I call and talk with the rep, he says I have to respond by email. REALLY?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

Stay away from this company and their contracts! I signed up for a $35/month system and for the first 30 days it was great. The day my trial period ended the app stopped working and so did features on my system. I then found out those were all extra!! So to keep what I needed my payment was $50/month. I was nervous about signing such a long contract but was assured if I had a big life event and called them and explained the situation they would work with me. I was told this is a family company.

Well when I called after being hurt and out of work seeing about changing to a lower plan or something to help me financially I was told I was still under contract and nothing could be changed until the last 12 months. I was told I signed the contract and had to keep paying my plan regardless. I even offered to pay out a portion of my remaining contract and was told I had to pay everything plus a ridiculous cancellation fee to cancel. So much for a family company! Be warned and don't make the mistakes I did.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

The best way to keep your home secure is by not allowing these crooks to get into your wallet. Three years worth of service paid for a system that never worked, called 45 days in to return due to it being inoperable and wanted 80% of that contract to cancel. Tried cancelling 2 months prior to it ending, and then they switch to you still have to pay another month on top of this one, which means 2 months worth.

Customer Service reps are by far the rudest, but probably because they are used to dealing with too many people who they have driven angry over the 3 years. Their customer retention rate speaks for itself and the fact that they put you on 3 year contracts with 80% penalty speaks volumes of their business ethics and concern for doing the right thing. Do yourself a favor and go with Nest and leave these prehistoric crooks keep ripping people off until they run out of them and they file bankruptcy. This has been the worst experience I have had ever with any company. Period!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY FOR HOME SECURITY! I experienced 2 faulty products that almost created a house fire from a wiring shortage in the camera. I have a teenager and pets at home who are suppose to be safe, especially when having Frontpoint as a security system. When I discovered a window sensor burnt from the inside out due to the battery, I was done. I called Frontpoint’s customer service stating my reason for wanting to cancel my contract. Even with sending in proof of their camera almost burning my house down, I was told it would cost me $1,000 to end the contract with them. I refuse to use their products in my home any longer and I’m forced to pay the monthly bill until I have an extra $1,000 laying around to end my contract with them. TERRIBLE BUSINESS ETHICS!! If you’re in the market for a home security system, keep searching. Maybe for one that doesn’t have a contract, just in case.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

I was reluctant to give Frontpoint a try, as I did not want the hassle of a DIY install. However, I was assured - repeatedly and at great length - this would be easy and completely hassle free. In the end, I had to hire to handyman to install my recessed door sensor. In fact, this handyman did not even have the correct tool to do this install and had to return another date to complete it. How your average person could be expected to do this install, I have no idea.

In addition, my taped sensors repeatedly fall off. When I called customer support to ask for addition adhesive to remount these sensors, the agent refused to provide it to me - telling me that I had to go buy some myself or purchase it from them for unreasonable expense. The agent then recommended that I hire another handyman to figure out a way to more securely install these sensors. This is really terrible customer support and certainly not DIY as promised. Don't be fooled by the pitch of "great customer support" - I found my previous provider (Comcast) to be far superior - and we all know that comcast is certainly not known for good customer support. Pay a little extra upfront for a different company that has your system installed by a professional!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

They are the definition of scam artists. My husband and I signed a 3 year contract with them and used the service never. It is a poor security system. We had it set to cancel at the 3 year mark and they continued to charge us. Now they say we have to have 30 day written notice in order to cancel which was never disclosed to us before even though we have called over 10 times. They refuse to give us our money back and will do anything to make a dollar off of someone. WHAT CHEAP LOSERS. Will be continuing to spread the word.

Frontpoint Company Information