2.8/5 (59 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About Frontpoint

Frontpoint offers wireless home security packages with professional monitoring and app-based control. New customers work with Frontpoint representatives to find a personalized security solution for their home. Systems come preprogrammed and are designed for easy, do-it-yourself installation. Customers can try a Frontpoint home security system risk-free for 30 days.

Pros

• Month-to-month service available
  • Compatible with Alexa and Google Home
  • Build-your-own system option

Cons

• No professional installation option
  • No lifetime warranty on equipment

Bottom Line

Frontpoint security systems offer high-tech equipment and 24-hour professional monitoring. If you don’t mind installing it yourself, a Frontpoint alarm system could be a smart option for home protection.

Frontpoint Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Original review: Sept. 1, 2022

Frontpoint has been very responsive. The service has great until the pandemic and then, it's been a little challenging because everybody is short-staffed. But they're doing their best.

Frontpoint response

Debra- We are happy that you have enjoyed working with our team through these unprecedented years. Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to review Frontpoint Security!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

The young lady I spoke with last time was excellent. She was on top of it. She checked out things. She was thorough and attentive to detail. And I love that because it collectively resolved the issue, so that made it good. But if I have any heartburn with Frontpoint is everybody has not created a knowledge base. They need to step through to help analyze issues. The last young lady was amazing. But I’m not guaranteed to get that love every time. So, I could walk away and still have issues. Also, I've had instances when I've called and they said they would have a technical call back, but they never called me back.

It was a good deal because I have glass break sensors plus the door and motion sensors, and I bumped it up to include cameras. My only heartburn is the design of some of the components, like the motion detectors. Once you’ve had a motion detector, it's almost impossible to take the batteries out once they've been in your house for a while. It's a horrible design to replace batteries. The first time I had to do it, I tore the sensor and I couldn't get the battery out. Frontpoint said they would replace it. The motion detectors are horrible. You go through that, pinch this hole that you need three sets of hands to make that. Who came up with that? When you go online, they gave instructions, but they're not clear.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

I’ve had Frontpoint for a few years. And it was probably one of the better systems and the most affordable at the time. There are others that are more affordable now. Frontpoint is much better because it has all the bells and whistles that the initial one didn’t have as far as motion detector, fire protection, and water protection. But they can do better on their pricing. They need to be more competitive. I’ve got my system all installed for years now, and I look at what my children are paying for the system they have and it’s a big difference.

The installation was very easy. It’s the same as any others. You stick your contacts, and you move your detectors in a key location. So, it’s simple. I call it idiot-proof. I still have a keypad because I had to go through a new system. But I like the new hub. It doesn't give me the messages that their other one gave, like Simon. It used to have a little display on the screen. This one has no screen.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

We have been with Frontpoint for 10 years. We have had issues with the equipment including the multiple times we had to replace the doorbell camera because it broke more than once. We had to replace the sensors and the new ones they sent were so big and bulky that they just keep falling off. Every time we have to call customer service it takes a day to get a callback IF we even get one. They extended our contract over and over again and I'm starting to realize why. They need to lock people in because their competition is so much less expensive. It's been very frustrating waiting out our contract and paying for nothing since we hardly use the system but we did. I followed the directions on waiting until August 1st to cancel but our account was charged.

I was then informed that you need 30 days notice to cancel and that we would be charged again in September. This is a horrible business practice. If I cancelled on 7/31 I would have been charged and early cancellation fee. Having to wait until 8/1, as I was instructed, meant I would also have to pay for September. Nice trick Frontpoint! Then when I checked my bank account I saw 2 charges for August. They took the September payment a month early. When I called them on this they said, "Yup. That's what we do." I was asked if I wanted to transfer my service to someone? Why would I do that when I've been treated so poorly. Paying for August is somewhat understandable, but paying for September is just robbery. Do yourself a favor and stay far away from this company. Ring, Simply Safe, and others are so much less expensive and do not lock you into a contract. Lastly, I sent an email to WeCare@frontpointsecurity a week ago and never got a response. I see how much you care, Frontpoint.

Original review: July 30, 2022

The installation of the doorbell part was rough. I’m a 26-year-old single mom who had to do things myself. I also wish that the system came with an inside or outside camera with the package included, especially for the price. I'll probably end up buying another one later on. I also wish that the service was a little bit better as far as Wi-Fi. I have really good Wi-Fi which is over 900 MBs. But the system is very low with the connection on the camera. But as far as everything else, it is okay. I like the quality of the system. I like the doorbell and the motion sensor for sure. Frontpoint is really good. I was just really concerned about another way to get just a single camera or even the door monitor because I have more than two doors. But whenever I get on the website, there's absolutely no way to order just a camera. It has to be either the start bundle or something else.

Original review: July 24, 2022

So far, the system of Frontpoint has been good. I installed it the first week of May when I moved in. Everything is working. But I couldn't get my camera to work for some reason. The system is not recognizing the camera.

Original review: July 19, 2022

The sales representative from Frontpoint went through a whole lot of stuff with us. The installation was very simple. Our daughter-in-law did it. Frontpoint kept in contact with us and cleared through the breaking-in point with it. They're very nice.

Original review: July 15, 2022

I contacted a company that the house I’m renting had and they referred me to Frontpoint because they only deal with owners. Everything was fine and we did the installation ourselves. But I am not 100% happy, especially with the camera because sometimes I lose images. If you go through the front door, it should record you when you leave and when you come back. The system only shows me the recording of either when I leave or when I come back. It's a little bit weird and that's something that I was gonna call Frontpoint about. Also, I was told that I was gonna get sensors for the window. I only got one. I was never asked how many windows I have. That aside, customer service seems really nice. They were very helpful when I requested services and they were very prompt with the delivery of the equipment.

Original review: July 6, 2022

Frontpoint is a good system. It was very easy to install. I've never had an alarm system, so I'm getting used to it. It's very easy to manage. I've also taught my 82 years old mother how to disarm and to arm and she gets it too. Every time somebody comes to the doorbell and rings, it doesn't ring on my phone right away. It takes about a few seconds before I can hear. It's not connected live, but that's the only thing. Frontpoint's customer service reps are very friendly and professional.

Original review: July 5, 2022

We recently came back to Frontpoint. We started using them almost seven years ago. We just did a web search and we called a few companies, and we liked the fact that they let you purchase your equipment so that you own it outright. Their system is able to run on cellular backup if you don't have Wi-Fi. The price was really good as well. But at the time, we wanted a security system because we were living in a neighborhood that wasn't the safest, and it gave us extra peace of mind. It definitely makes us feel more secure, especially in the new house we just moved into, one of our children's bedrooms is on the front of the house. We were able to put sensors on his windows so we know he's safe at night, and the system's plenty loud. We have experienced before where we've actually set it off, and they called us very quickly to make sure that we were okay.

The system was really easy to set up. All of the sensors seem to be working really well. We haven't had any issues with it. The representatives are always really nice and very helpful. We absolutely trust Frontpoint with monitoring our home. The systems are very affordable. They're super easy to set up. They offer you pretty much any sensor you could want to monitor anything you're worried about, which is great. We're very happy with Frontpoint and with our system.

Original review: July 4, 2022

We just bought this house and the existing homeowners had Frontpoint. They gave us two free window units and the chimes. So, that was helpful. Speaking with their sales rep was very helpful. He was cordial and he understood what we were trying to do. So, he was able to help me get the system back up and running, and then also navigate some new equipment. So far, the service is great. I even had an issue once we got the new equipment like setting it up and getting everything hooked to the new dashboard, and I spent an hour with customer service doing that and they were really helpful. Having the system is worth the money.

Original review: July 1, 2022

I got a call from Consumer Affairs asking to speak to a Frontpoint representative about my home security system. Representative straight up dismissed competition being cheaper than them by making baseless claims about them and ended the call saying call me when you get robbed. Expected better from Consumer Affairs if not from Frontpoint.

Original review: June 29, 2022

I am not one to write reviews, but I am so upset about their customer service, that I need to make others aware. I ordered this system 3 years ago because I liked the idea of installing it myself. They made me do a 3 year contract. After a year I was unimpressed with how quickly the video storage hit capacity and the door sensors kept messing up, but I could not cancel it because of the contract. I waited 3 years to cancel it. When it was finally time to cancel I stayed on hold for over 30 min, so eventually I elected a call back option. When they finally called the next day I could not answer. When I finally did get in touch with someone and said I wanted to cancel they tried to convince me to keep the program and offered a lower price. I refused and said I wanted to cancel and I thought it was done. Months later when my credit card changed they stated that I was past due two months in my payment.

When I called to say I canceled it months ago they went back through their records and said they had no records of it and made me pay the extra months so that could cancel it. Because they did not have a record of the phone call they refused to honor it. It is not as though I would just pretend to have talked with someone and decided it was canceled. They continued to insist that if someone talked to me there would be a record of it and refused to entertain any other possibility. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. There are far better and more honest companies to chose from.

The extra $200 makes no difference to them as a company, but it is a big deal to me. They continued to refuse to honor that I canceled it prior and would only let me cancel it now if I paid the $100 "that was due." I know I talked to someone because they tried to give me half off and I refused because I wanted done with this. I cannot believe how dishonest they are and that I am getting punished for their mistake. I am going to be reaching out to BBB to try and take care of this further.

Original review: June 24, 2022

The rep explained everything in great detail and he took the time to make sure I understand everything. Frontpoint is cheaper than my previous provider and they are very helpful. It’s a good system to have and the tech people explain and help you through everything.

Original review: June 22, 2022

Do not use this company! Check their reviews and comments on Facebook, my experience is very common, they are extremely predatory and will not stop charging your credit card or bank, even after cancellation of service. This has been going on for almost a year now, I have to dispute the charge every month. I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau as well.

Original review: June 4, 2022

I purchased a home security system when I bought my first house. There is no professional setup, therefore you set up the security system yourself. After the first year, we were not impressed with the system and most annoying, the keypad door lock is extremely loud when it locks and unlocks. We called about this issue and they told us it was normal. Fast forward, COVID hits. Like most people, we lost our income and medical insurance. The money we did have was going towards things of necessity such as food, utilities, etc. I called Frointpoint asking to cancel my contract. They told me the only way to cancel is by paying 80% of the contract or transferring my equipment and contract to another person. Obviously, if I can’t pay the monthly payment I can’t pay 80% of my contract and there was no one we knew interested in Frontpoint so we were stuck.

The monthly payments continued to add up and one day, sometime in the past month or two, I saw that my card was charged for the amount that we owed, which was close to $600. I never gave them any permission to charge my card! I immediately called and asked who gave them permission, they said that they are allowed to charge your card without your permission. I told the representative to send me that part of the contract that states that. She told me she will pass my message on to someone higher up and they will call me back. The next day the pending charge disappeared. I meant to follow up on the situation but I didn’t. Then last week I saw another charge to my account from Frointpoint with another charge of around $600! Luckily, my bank sent an alert and asked if I approved the transaction and I responded by saying no. My bank canceled my card immediately and then had to send out a new card.

My keypad door lock now randomly unlocks after locking the door. We went out one afternoon to come home to our door wide open. No one was inside and nothing was taken, the door unlocked and if my door isn’t completely closed and locked the door will open. So now we have to stand at the door and wait a few seconds to see if it unlocks, and sometimes it does. Talk about home security! We will be replacing our keypad lock with another lock from Home Depot for better security. So, to this day, we are still locked in this horrid contract with them! This company is terrible and I regret ever doing business with them! Do not get your security system here, find a more honest and reputable company!

Original review: May 25, 2022

I was looking for a security system for my house. I talked to my co-workers and they pay every month. They pay to have their cameras in their system plus they pay for the service. I didn't want to do that. I wanted to just buy it and let that be it. I went on Amazon and saw Frontpoint. They said that it would just be a monthly service and that was why I picked them. They had the things that I needed. I could pick whichever one works for me, however many door sensors or cameras I needed. I could hook it up myself and I ain't need a whole lot of people to come hook up the security system. My daughter and I hooked it up together and it was very easy. You don't have to be tech savvy. All you have to know is how to read and follow instructions and you could hook it up.

I like Frontpoint. You can see clearly on the bell. It records through your phone. You can talk through the ring doorbell. When the door is open, it lets you know what door is open. It's amazing and I feel more safe having it. If we forgot to set the alarm in the house, we could still set it from our phones, which is perfect. I will always recommend it to anybody. I recommended it to a lady that work in my dental office. I also recommended it to two of my cousins.

Original review: May 24, 2022

Frontpoint came out with a bundle and they gave me a $99 discount too. But I personally don’t like it. The ring bell is working. I was able to install it and replace my ring bell. But the sensor is a little bit shaky because it’s not connected with the app. I could net set it up or activate it. The cost is also high compared to other home security systems. Their monthly plan would be close to $50 per month. Other home security systems only cost $10 a month. But this comes with all of the cool features, like the online video storage.

Original review: May 21, 2022

The sales rep told me that the previous owners had Frontpoint, which was why he was able to offer me a discount. But when I spoke with one of the technical people in regards to getting some help with one of the things, he said that they didn't have any history of it. So, it might have been something the sales rep said to be able to catch that sale. Aside from that, sometimes it takes a little while to reach a person. I kept having issues with my doorbell. I'd call in the morning and by the time they'd give me the call back, it would be 8:00 in the evening. At that point, I wasn't able to even answer because I was too busy. In terms of customer service, Frontpoint should have a faster response time and that’ll probably come with hiring more people.

Most of the stuff that I had was already installed, such as the doorbell and all the sensors and getting them hooked up with the app was super simple. One of the advisors that I was finally get ahold of helped me walk through it. Everything's good. I've had been having issues with the doorbell, which is the main reason I've got it. It has to do with the camera and the motion sensitivity in terms of it picking up. I leave packages on the front door to get picked up by UPS and I also get packages dropped off. The app sending notifications and the response of me getting a notification and being able to open the app takes a while to load. I've had better experiences with Ring. This doorbell is hit or miss.

Original review: May 10, 2022

The signup was great and it was an easy connect during the installation. The features of the system are wonderful. I still have to play with them to get to know them a little better but so far, it’s really good. The smartphone is a great feature because it alerts you when there’s motion. The system made me feel a little more secure that I can leave the house for a short time.

Original review: May 9, 2022

Company advertised that there is a 30 day cancellation policy. This is misleading because if you cancel after you are charged for the month, you owe an additional month. I cancelled my agreement on December 3rd so ended up paying for that full month (28 days) and the next month (31 days). So glad that I switched to the #1 home security provider that has a cheaper monthly rate and more advanced equipment.

Original review: May 9, 2022

I got a motion sensor and a door switch Frontpoint. I don't like that with their app, if somebody was to be able to break into my Wi-Fi and then be able to get into the iPad, after six tries, the system locks itself out for a minute. After six more tries, the system locks itself out for an hour. Well, if I'm a persistent burglar and I want to get through this system, I’d keep hacking it until I come up with the right pass combination. To make it more bulletproof, after four missed attempts of trying to get your passcode in, the system should automatically lock out and the owner needs to contact the factory or Frontpoint and get them to unlock the system. But the home security system does its job. Frontpoint met satisfaction.

Original review: May 8, 2022

We had some device issues and Frontpoint had great customer service with troubleshooting and sending replacement. I like the features of the system. The camera is a little lagged but it could be the internet service that we have. There’s an issue with logging into the app to get the camera, which we need to call them about. Because it’s lagging, it’s not moving fast. There’s a delay. So, if someone comes and rings the doorbell, and by the time we get to door, get to pull it up, they probably already walked off, because there’s a lag in it. But other than that, the installation process was fine. We set the system up ourselves. We called Frontpoint through customer service and they walked us through everything. They didn’t rush anything. It was always pleasant.

Original review: May 7, 2022

The customer service was smooth and the installation, which I did myself, wasn't difficult at all. But Frontpoint’s front video camera is not as efficient as I've seen others. Plus, it makes me feel like I should have gone with someone else. It doesn't always record when there's motion. It seems like it only records during certain times during the day and stops recording after 7:00 PM.

Original review: May 6, 2022

Everything was very smooth when I signed up with Frontpoint. It was very easy and simple to install and I haven’t had any issues. I didn't realize though that my doorbell didn't work. So, I have to get my doorbell working before I can do the doorbell camera. I’m happy with Frontpoint. I like it.

Original review: April 25, 2022

I have been trying for months to cancel my service. Each time you call it takes them 2 days to call back and they do it at 10pm. When you are available for the call back they say they will send you an email to cancel but never actually send the email. I am going on 2 months trying to cancel without success. Will work with cc company to stop payments and request refund. I have never spent so many hours/days/weeks attempting to cancel any other type of service in my life.

Original review: April 18, 2022

I used the first Frontpoint security system for about two years. It worked okay in three apartments during that time. Then, I moved to a place where the door frame didn’t line up exactly right. Frontpoint is a self service system, so be aware that if you can’t figure out how to get the equipment to work, you’ve signed a contract you can’t get out of without paying termination fees on. I waited on hold for “extended wait times,” as Frontpoint “responded to COVID-19.” I basically memorized their hold recording. (They are still “responding to COVID-19” in mid-2022, apparently not wanting to hire sufficient staff to answer all their phone calls of customers needing help).

In any case, I never got the system to work and had upgraded it to the newest model. When I finally got through, the answer was for me to use extra adhesive to try to stick the sensors to the wall in light of the placement of the door frame. Needless to say, it wouldn’t stick on or stay on. Wasted money on both the new system and also the contract since now I have equipment that doesn’t work here.

On top of that, I had false alarms going off early in the morning, (due to not getting the sensors properly placed) disturbing the nearby apartment building neighbors before I got the insight that I needed the extra adhesive on the sensor. It was so loud that I never wanted to turn it back on again, but having paid the money on it, had decided to try. I couldn’t get the alarm to turn off following the directions. Frontpoint said sometimes if you try over and over, it won’t work to turn it off. Luckily, they answer the phone for help with false alarms. I’m currently on hold for 45 minutes and waited more than an hour on hold last week before giving up. I’m trying to get the account straight since I had suspended it for three months, unable to use it. I would not recommend this company unless you are confident the equipment matches your setup at home and you don’t mind false alarms and setting it up yourself.

Original review: April 18, 2022

Buyer Beware!! This is one of the worst companies I have ever dealt with. They were fine in the beginning but when things go wrong they are awful and when you try to cancel it gets even worse. We have had constant problems with either monitoring or their equipment. If you complain about the monitoring they tell you they contract that out and it isn't their fault. They called me once about an alarm and asked for one of the phone numbers on the account for verification, I gave them four numbers including the one they called me on and they told me that none of them are right. I got charged $50 for that.

The equipment is constantly malfunctioning and again, if you call them, they tell you you will need to fix it yourself or they will send out a part that you have to pay for. I get multiple emails daily telling me that this window or that door show a tamper when I am the only person here or we are all sitting watching TV. I have 100s of emails detailing all the problems.

I signed up with a better company and called Frontpoint to cancel. They would not cancel over the phone and told me I had to create a login and password for my account to cancel. I did that and tried to cancel but they would not cancel my account unless I entered a credit card and paid them an additional month. This is why they won't do it over the phone for you. They kept referencing a contract, but I do not have a contract with them and am on a month to month basis. I just paid them 14 days ago, so they are already getting an extra 2 weeks from me. I refuse to pay them 60 days for a service I don't have and don't want and am under no legal obligation to provide. I have filed a BBB complaint against them.

Original review: March 31, 2022

So far, so good. There were a few minor glitches but nothing that hasn't been corrected. There were some of the sensors that were not working correctly initially but that was taken care of over the phone. They were very helpful.

Original review: March 23, 2022

We began using Frontpoint in Feb 2018. In making the decision, the fact the company is based in Virginia played a large part in us choosing to use them. Let me say the Emergency response & Call Center is perfect. They are on top of your protection when needed. However, the business side of this company is one of the absolute worst I've ever dealt with! I truly do not know how they function as a business!

As we were preparing to relocate to another state I started calling Frontpoint in December 2021 to cancel our subscription. Each time I called I was placed on hold and forced to listen to the same "due to C19 we are working very hard to ensure the safety of our customers and employees. Someone will be with you as soon as possible." This aired every 15-30 seconds. There were times I stayed on hold for up to 45 minutes and no one ever answered. This went on multiple times between December 2021 and January 2022.

In sheer desperation I sent emails to tech support and asked them to have someone call me. I also called the emergency line (at least they answer the phone!!!) in the hopes they could get someone to reach out to me. All of this attempt to cancel a service that I was NOT under contract with was to no avail. So as of January 31, 2022 our account was paid in full to that date and we left VA, leaving the equipment for the new property owners. I canceled the auto draft payment with the bank and away we went.

I hadn't thought anymore about this company until the beginning of March, when what do you know someone actually called me back! LOL. But it was only because they wanted payment for February and March! SMDH. I explained the situation very nicely to the first several callers and each time was placed on hold to be transferred to an "Account Specialist!" Or want me to call back and ask for an A.S. Needless to say I stayed on hold as long as I was going to with this company! They have wasted TOO MUCH TIME IN MY LIFE! When I tell you I have been placed on hold an estimated 5 hours I am not exaggerating.

Each time someone calls me they are not qualified to handle this "situation." They place me on hold and try get me to "someone who can help me." Apparently that person doesn't exist at Frontpoint! So last week someone contacted me on Monday and they were going to have an AS contact me on Tuesday. Cool!! Let's get this resolved & move on!! But why they cannot understand that I didn't use the service, am not under contract, tried to cancel, and am not paying another dime, and close the account - I simply don't know.

Well.... I got a call.... on Friday!! When I was not available. Smh. So on Tuesday, the following week, this snotty little man "Richard" calls me and tries to lay a guilt trip because I was not available to talk with their AS when they called on Friday! At this point I began speaking Construction Worker, with a twinge of Sailor, and overtone of Redneck Biker!!!!

I'm so disgusted with this sorry, pathetic excuse for a company I don't care if they turn it over to the credit bureau. I'll not pay another dime to this company. I'm not answering another phone call and listening to anyone else with their snotty holier than thou attitude, and I for ** sure am not being placed on hold for another second of my life for them! Steer clear of this company!

Frontpoint Company Information