Call toll free
4.41/5
Based on 1,530 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Frontpoint does home security differently. By offering complete protection coupled with truly genuine and helpful service, Frontpoint gives customers everything they need and nothing they don’t. All Frontpoint customers get a personalized security solution designed to not only make them feel safe, but feel good, as well.

Every Frontpoint system comes with 100% wireless equipment and 100% cellular monitoring, for no extra charge. Cellular monitoring means a more reliable connection between the home and monitoring center, and wireless means no lines for burglars to cut. Frontpoint also works with you to ensure that every system is customized to fit every customer’s unique home and lifestyle needs. Frontpoint systems are also refreshingly simple, allowing for customers to set up, move or expand systems on their own, at any time.

In addition to intrusion, all Frontpoint monitoring plans include protection against fire, flood, freeze, carbon monoxide and medical emergencies. Also, advanced technology such as remote online access, free mobile apps keep customers in touch and in control at all times, no matter where they are. When consumers compare Frontpoint to the competition, it’s easy to see just what makes them stand out.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

7300 Frontpoint Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I have Frontpoint in both my house and my business and it gives peace of mind when I am away. I liked their features, offerings, and price point. Working with their rep was boilerplate stuff. I just got on the phone, told them my needs, and they set me up with the system that they recommended. Setting it up was very straightforward, the whole process was done within an hour. I used the app to walk me through it. Having remote access to the panel makes me feel more secure. My system is sufficient for my needs and I'm getting my money’s worth from it.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I had something stolen from my front yard, so I decided to put a home security system in. I looked at three companies and I ended up with Frontpoint as their system was wireless and easy to use. Compared to the other companies, Frontpoint's system was rather expensive but it was because I got a camera in addition to the other equipment. Setting up the system was fairly easy. I had to call Frontpoint once about something, but other than that, the instructions were detailed enough. The features that came with the system have worked out really well, too. I've used the smartphone feature and it makes things easy. And so far, the equipment has been working okay, so it must be good quality.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

This is the worst security company. They lock you in a 3 year contract and when their products don’t work they blame you as a customer. Then they ask you to buy more products and if you want to cancel your contract because they don’t know what they are doing they tell you that you owe the 80% of the initial cost which was discounted which translates in hundreds of dollars. So you are stuck with a unsafe system which puts your life in danger!!! Stay Away!!

Frontpoint response

We appreciate you taking the time to share this feedback with us. It is important to us that we address all of your concerns and make sure you are taken care of so we are going to have one of our Account Supervisors reach out to assist you. Thanks again and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I looked on the internet and did a bunch of searching and Frontpoint seemed to be the highest rated and easy to get along with people. They also were set up cellular, not through internet or any phone lines. The reps were great to work with. It was just like walking into a small-town hardware store and talking to somebody that has been doing it for 20 years and knew where all their stuff was. They had a series of questions that they asked and then they recommended a few things. And then, we talked about the different options that they had. I pretty much put it throughout the house. We live on an acreage. So, I'm still gonna put out everything outside as far as exterior doors and garage doors and all of that. They offered the largest array of possibilities to choose from.

The equipment seems really well. The devices they sent for the outdoors wouldn't reach because of the distance between buildings, so we ended up going with long-range system on that. But as far as everything inside, the majority of everything is peel and stick, like 3M stuff on the back side. So, I put a stick 'em devices on the back and placed them where I needed to place them. I didn't have anything that didn't work as well as I had hoped and I was done in maybe an hour.

With the smartphone features, I can arm and disarm everything from my phone. I can see what's open and what's closed. The smartphone app is very user-friendly. Once I forgot to disarm it before we all got home and my stepson walked in the house and it was literally seconds and they were calling me on the phone to find out if there was a home intrusion or somebody just didn't disarm it when they walked in. So, that was impressive. Also, the monthly cost is less than $50 a month. And since it's all cellular and I can check it from anywhere I'm at, arm and disarm, and do different things, I'm really happy with what I got. If you live on an acreage that doesn't have internet and doesn't have a landline phone, or even if you do have all those options, this is the ideal system.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I read some reviews and bought Frontpoint. Their rep was very good and the installation was easy. The instructions that accompanied the system were helpful. But I don’t like the glass breaker system. I wanted to return it. My music system sets it off. When I’m watching a movie or something, the bass sets off the alarm. But overall, the system is of good-quality.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

There were a couple of kidnappings and murders that happened in my town right at once and it kinda freaked me out. So, I decided to get a home security system. Frontpoint had all the reasonable price and I liked it the best because I wanted something basic and everything else was super expensive. So, I went with them. Their salesperson was super helpful and I usually don't do the surveys at the end but I did one for her. The installation was super easy, too. Just peel-and-stick and it took 30 minutes to finish. I followed the step-by-step thing and there were the videos. I have three doors, the system, and the window shatter. I ended up downloading the app on my phone as well.

When my window shatter thing was beeping for no reason, I had to deal with their customer service and the rep I talked to was super helpful. She helped me figure out how to do it. I like the basic package that I have and the security that it provides. If I hear a noise, I don't ever freak out. There's a sense of security there because if I hear something outside, I get paranoid. So I really like having the security system, especially since I'm living alone.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I wanted to secure my home and when I researched Frontpoint, it was favorable in many reviews. I signed up online then the installation was very easy. I followed the directions and everything went smoothly. The features are good and I also use my smartphone. If it's seamless and I don't think about it, I guess it's working. I'm very satisfied and I would recommend Frontpoint. The cost is about at par with the quality and I'm getting a fair bang for my buck.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

We bought a home which has a home security system. We liked it and got it too. Frontpoint's customer service was fantastic. Any time we ever had a concern, they answered it quickly. The features of our system are fantastic as well. We feel very safe and protected. The smartphone features have been functioning really great. We’re very pleased with the cost and the service.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I replaced my home security system with Frontpoint. I had Slomin’s and then I went to ADT and really hated their customer service. That was when I did my due diligence, looked up online and saw that Frontpoint was rated top for customer service. And they definitely lived up to that review online. Everybody was professional, nice and very helpful to me. The features are great. I use their smartphone feature all the time. I just wish they had offered cameras because it was not an option for me. Now, I need to get one. So far, the system has been functioning well. However, something is triggering the glass breakage on the back door. There were a couple of times wherein I got a little reminder on my phone that there was a back door glass breakage and it freaked me out because no one was home. But everything was good.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

I used ADT and Brinks before and Frontpoint is by far the best. Their customer service representative was perfect. I’m very happy with the way they handled the situation. The whole installation took 30 minutes and the instruction was simple. Everything was boxed in a certain order and you just had to connect the dots. I’ve recommended Frontpoint to several people, and one person has purchased as a result. The system is excellent. I haven’t had one false alarm and I was plagued by that previously, so everything's good. I use it every day.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

We had home security that I wanted to get rid of and I wanted a system that is wireless. Frontpoint offers more coverage. I went with them and their rep was very responsive and he explained things. The system was very easy to install and everything works as advertised. It does the same things the other system did and a couple other things. Plus, it is wireless and I like that it cannot be defeated. We also use the smartphone app and we have used it when we had someone come in and do some work and then when they were done, we turned it back on. Though it is more expensive than my previous system, the quality is good. So far, I have been happy with Frontpoint and I would recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

I got a home security system to get safety for my stuff and get the fire alarm. I got ADT a long time ago and it's more expensive than Frontpoint. My experience with Frontpoint's salesman is excellent. Their level of knowledge and expertise is good. They explain very well and what they say is easy to understand. The instructions that came with the equipment, the installation, and their app are easy as well. I have the motion, sensor doors, sensor alarm, and I got a fire alarm too. I use their app every time. I use it to put the alarm on and disarm it because I have some people that clean my house every 15 days. In terms of the cost in relation to the quality of the system, the monthly payment is reasonable. I’m happy with the service that I got.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

As I am writing this review, I'm on hold, with an estimated 42 minutes wait time. I decided to just wait it out since the last half dozen times I've called, the wait time has been an hour or more. They won't let you cancel or take your account off autopay. So you're left with only one choice, wait on the phone for about 1 HOUR, more or less! Hoping I don't get disconnected at this point. Excellent customer service, Frontpoint. I've been a customer for more than 3 years!

Frontpoint response

We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced when calling in to speak to one of our Account Specialists, however, we are glad to see you did speak with one and that they were able to assist you. Thank you for this feedback and please let us know if there is anything else we can do to assist you moving forward.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I wasn’t satisfied with my previous home security system. My son had a good experience with Frontpoint though, which made me go with them. Their sales' attitude and the atmosphere in which we had our communications were great. The installation went okay. Everything that I wanted was offered, but I wish I had gone with more motion detectors instead of door and window sensors. I had a piece of equipment that wasn’t functioning like I thought it should, but they resolved the issue with a different piece of equipment and it works. I had a very good experience with Frontpoint.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

We were dissatisfied with our former security system so, we got Frontpoint and our experience has been pretty good so far. The reps were very helpful and very friendly. Also, the system was pretty easy to install and the instructions were clear. I like the features so far. The smartphone features are easy to use and navigate. Frontpoint compares with our previous provider in the services that it offers but it outperforms it when it comes to pricing. The quality is great in comparison to the price and we feel a lot more secure.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I had Frontpoint at my previous home and the interactions and the service were great. The system was simple to install and set up with our home, so I decided to get Frontpoint again with our new home. The service is amazing and whenever I call to add in a sensor or a camera, I have yet to deal with a person that is in a bad mood. They are always in a good mood when I call.

The installation was easy. They sent everything in a box and the instructions are straightforward. It was a bit trickier where I mounted the cameras and I had to log it onto the Wi-Fi, but I was able to do that. The reps literally walked me step-by-step while I was on the phone and on the internet with them. I did some shopping the last time and I almost went with ADT. Just looking at the cost and everything, I paid more for the Frontpoint system than ADT, but because of their service, I decided to stay with Frontpoint.

The system that I have now is great. I believe something changed because I can log on to the app and it logs on really fast now. Before, it took a few seconds, but now, it's instantaneous. I arm and disarm it from my phone app and I noticed that it is just one or two seconds and it's done, while it took a few seconds when I had the experience at my prior house. There had been more positive improvements this time. I recommend Frontpoint.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Frontpoint was the first to get back to me and they were very competitively priced. It was also wonderful dealing with their reps. We installed the system ourselves and it was very easy. I tend to be a little not so savvy with those things but they were very helpful. They were on the phone with me installing it, step by step, and they were super. The system is also excellent in terms of the cost versus the quality. Plus there's an app on my phone that I can look at everyday to see what's going on in the house. If there's anything, it always comes right to my phone, which is perfect. The property is a second home for us so we're not up there that often.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

It has been very good with Frontpoint's reps so far but it's a little expensive on the sensors. I’m already paying $20 a sensor and then $65 for a 20-foot-radius glass shattered sensors. So, I looked online and I was pricing it out and it just seems a little steep. But I like the system. I make sure when my wife is at home that she’s safe and that’s all that counts. Everything is going well. It has held up so far and hopefully, they keep monitoring my house. I will pass this on along to friends and family. It’s a very good system.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I sent Frontpoint an initial inquiry and within three minutes, my phone was ringing and they were on the phone with me. They sent the equipment off to me in a box and it was up to me to put it together and figure out where I was gonna put everything. But their reps walked me through the whole installation and they were nice. The guy took all the time I needed to help me place these little doohickeys on the door and the windows. Then, every time I opened the door to let the dogs out, it was making this high-pitched ding. It drove my dogs crazy. So, I called right away and they walked me right through how to turn that chime off.

Also, they sent me emails and they called me. I got all kinds of stuff on my refrigerator with their phone numbers if I ever need them. When the power went out a couple of times, it flashed on my phone. It’s all good and I like it. I’ve got them on my phone and they’re on the ball. It’s a pretty smooth and really well-run organization, according to my experience. If anyone asks, I would give them Frontpoint's number and tell them that Frontpoint is easy to work with and they will walk you through whatever questions or whatever situation you have. Call that phone number and they’ll take care of you.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I looked things up on the web and Frontpoint was about the best company. The installation instructions and the quality of the equipment are both okay. But the installation experience wasn't the best. I had a little problem with it not reading from one of my doors and they kept wanting me to go back and forth, put it in a different spot and send them pictures of how I put it up. Then I came to find out in the end that they just needed to send me a different type of thing to go on the door. It is one that picks up a better signal. When you're paying their price, the equipment should be a little more simple to install. Still, it worked out.

The other thing was that we put the system on test mode for the first day and even though it was on test mode the next day, they sent the police out and I got a bill. They promptly took care of it but I had to go through quite a bit. I had to pay the bill then they gave me an address to send the receipt to but they never received it. So I kept calling and they kept putting me with two or three different people. Everybody was telling me something different. The customer service was sloppy and bad. Finally, somebody told me they don't even have an address. They do everything through the email and they didn't know who I sent it to.

My thing with the alarm and my past experience was that they would always send the police out then you keep getting a bill. But other than that first time, Frontpoint hasn't sent the police out to me for no reason. Whenever I don't get to the system in time, they've called me and the system is working so it's okay. I also like the feature where I can tell whoever goes and turns it on and off. It would take a picture and I can see them. That aside, the only feature I really use is using my cellphone to turn it on or off. I don't have to be there to do that and that feature really helped. Although I had a little problem at the beginning, my experience with Frontpoint has been good so far and I would recommend it.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I read about Frontpoint being a good system and it was being recommended so I checked into it. It is very similar to the other systems I had except that is wireless. I installed it and it had been an easy experience. It did not take me more than a couple of hours. We’ve been working with it and it works fine. I like that we got a motion sensor and we also have a glass breakage sensor. It is a simple system to use and I like it. Since having Frontpoint, we have a sense of security that if anything happens or someone breaks in, at least someone will be notified hopefully in time. We trust that it will work and I have already recommended it to someone else.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

When we had a break-in at work, I did some research on the internet and liked the way Frontpoint looked, the things they offered, and the price they offered. Their sales and customer service were helpful. I got on the phone with them and they were able to talk me through the installation which was relatively easy. I'm satisfied with my system's features. It would be nice to have this thing that watches my front door when somebody rings the doorbell and to be able to turn on the lights before I get in the door, but both are not necessary. The smartphone features are very helpful because sometimes I leave and forget to turn on the alarm, and so I can go on my phone and turn it on. I'd love to pay less, but I'm okay with the price I'm paying.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

Our house got broken into so we got a home security system. One of my friends had Frontpoint so we went with them. The cost of their service in relation to its quality is fine. I’m happy with our system and I would recommend Frontpoint.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

I looked on the internet for good reviews and I went with Frontpoint. The reps I spoke with were really nice and especially the selling person was very, very helpful in counselling. With the installation, some window sensors were not that easy to install. Maybe if they were a bit bigger that would allow more flexibility on how to install them. Other than that, the features in the system have been good so far.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

The people that I spoke with at Frontpoint were very knowledgeable. The rep explained everything to me, and he was very polite. The whole thing was a great experience. The installation was very easy. We like the system, and the quality is good. I like the fact that you can expand as the technology is changing now. I have the app on my phone. I can add and delete some stuff. So, with the technology, I like the convenience and the availability.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I just moved out of the city into a suburban area and thought that Frontpoint would be a good choice for a security system. I felt like it was the better company at the auctions I looked up online. Installing the system took less than 10 minutes and the system's quality as well as its features are great. I like being able to use the app when I’m outside the home.

The only thing that wasn’t great is the contract because it’s expensive. I was gonna get the camera system with it, but I’m gonna stay with that because it is a little pricey. After moving here, I realized that the neighborhood is a comfortable neighborhood. I wanted to get a smaller package, something not as pricey, but it was already outside of my contract range, so I had a mistake with that. There should be a better variety of packaging. Other than that, I definitely feel safe with the system. I had a couple of incidents where I accidentally tripped the alarm by whether a company opening the door or forgetting to disarm it, and I like that it reacts fast.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I was in the process of rehabilitating a property and as I start to put stuff into the house, I figured I needed to secure the property. I have Protect America on another property and they’re among the top leaders on security systems, but Frontpoint offered me a 60-day trial period. Also, I didn’t have to have internet service at the house in order to secure it. That was definitely a plus to me. In addition, in case a property is sold, the system is transferable if the buyer wants to keep it. Working with their sales have been very engaging and informative. I also worked with customer service when I had a breach I didn’t get an email or a phone call right away. I did reach out to customer service wanting to know why. They said that it was set up like that. So, they went back and did some checking and tweaks and then that resolved the issue. It is a good service and I would recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I looked into a home security system since I went from a two-parent household to a one, and I wanted that extra security. The representatives at Frontpoint were helpful and super easy to deal with. My interactions with them were wonderful. I decided to go with a basic package and the installation was easy. Everything is working perfectly and I feel super safe. I would tell others to go ahead and give Frontpoint a try. They're easy, quick, simple and secure.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

The reviews I’ve seen online were all very highly rated for Frontpoint. I just had the initial call when I did the set up and it was very thorough. I had a little bit of trouble with the glass break sensors, but other than that, it was pretty easy. The instructions are good. The system is good and has done what I expected to. It's also very easy to use. The cost is also competitive.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

Because I live in a remote area, and I'm by myself, I purchased a home security system from Frontpoint. Their representatives were good. Frontpoint is a very nice system. It's very loud. It does give you a sense of security, and it was very easy to install. It took half an hour to do the installation. The features in my system are very nice. I'm very satisfied with them.

Frontpoint Company Information