3.9/5 (1774 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About Frontpoint

Frontpoint offers wireless home security packages with professional monitoring and app-based control. New customers work with Frontpoint representatives to find a personalized security solution for their home. Systems come preprogrammed and are designed for easy, do-it-yourself installation. Customers can try a Frontpoint home security system risk-free for 30 days.

Pros

• Month-to-month service available
  • Compatible with Alexa and Google Home
  • Build-your-own system option

Cons

• No professional installation option
  • No lifetime warranty on equipment

Bottom Line

Frontpoint security systems offer high-tech equipment and 24-hour professional monitoring. If you don’t mind installing it yourself, a Frontpoint alarm system could be a smart option for home protection.

Frontpoint Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

Frontpoint is difficult and expensive to cancel. I have spent hours on hold and transferred to numerous reps. It has been over 2 months since I discontinued service and they are still charging my credit card. I am being told that I need to initiate a new cancelation and will be billed for yet another month because they require a 30 day notice and do not prorated. Frontpoint will not cancel until you both call and then process an online cancelation request. After wasting 4 hours yesterday attempting to initiate my second cancelation request, I did not receive the Email with required link to process the cancelation. Now I will need to spend hours on hold again today.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2021

I went to cancel after 7 years of non communication. Except one time I tried to reach out to lower my bill which didn't happen. I called Oct 15 to cancel account. There was no answer. I was told after I realized a week had gone by and I called back because they aren't calling you until you call them again. If you like phone tag this company and their customer service is for you.

So I find out a week before I am moving I have to sign a contract with them concerning their cancellation so I can get into an account I have to create to cancel my service. So 3 days later with phone tag in the middle of moving out of the house. I have to create a Frontpoint account which I didn't even know was available to me because NO One let me know in 7 years. Then I am sent a 72 hour email to actually cancel my account and before I cancel I have to check a box that says I will pay an additional 3O days. But wait!! They send me a big only $19.99 if I were to stay in my face! It's been a very hard time moving and Frontpoint made as bad as they can to cancel. B ** Selah, Wa

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

I had Frontpoint for 3 very unfortunate years. I can go on and on about all of the instances that made my experience terrible but I will only name a few. The equipment only worked half of the time, there is no option for a siren so no real security. When we had an alarm go off, they called us at least 6 times before sending someone out, not the service you want in an emergency situation. When I went to cancel my contract after it had ended I was STILL charged for an additional month. As soon as I cancelled there was a message that read that they will not be sending anyone out if my alarm goes off even though I had to pay for an additional month. Technically they made me pay for a month that they will not offer me monitoring. This is not the kind of company you want to keep you safe.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2021

Was a good customer for 3 years. Needed to cancel. Have paid and closed out account twice only for them to reopen after two months and continue charging with no service. In the long run it's a scam. I wish someone warned me.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

I no longer have a house. I tried to cancel my service. I was told I had two months left on my contract. I have fulfilled those two months and now cannot get a single person to actually cancel the account. I call. They transfer me and say a manager has to cancel the account. I can't get a manager on the phone to save my life. I wait. I've been on hold over 7x in the past few days trying to cancel this. I've reached out on their chat online and was denied access to a manager and told to call in. I call in they say I need to email. I email, I get no response. I have now filed BBB complaints as well as disputed charges at my bank but I am HOLY HELL pissed at this point.

Why is it so hard to cancel an account? The run around I am getting makes me want to file a lawsuit over the $50 charge just on principle because this is that infuriating. It's been TWO MONTHS NOW. Why is my account not cancelled yet? I started this process TWO MONTHS ago. I've called. Emailed. Used their chat. Literally reached out every way I can and still have no resolution. WTF Frontpoint?

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

The software doesn't record well based on motion or events. About 50% of events were not recorded even with increased sensitivity. Even my neighbor would come to get my packages for me and it never recorded. IT customer service is rude and condescending and impossible to get a hold of, it always requires a call and being on hold for over 30 minutes. Contract has cancellation provisions for written notice, but they now say you have to call to get a link to cancel, but they intentionally don't take your calls or call you back until after the first to get one more month's fee at 100%. I have switched to the Ring where their software has a continuous recording so when motion isn't triggered you can see what happened. This definitely felt like a bait and switch on customer service.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

I was satisfied with Frontpoint until I decided to terminate, where they became aggressive prey, even after the contract was completed. I'm a victim who happens to pay for four extra months after telling them the termination. Here is my piece of advice, if you decide to choose this technology.

1. Don't expect to talk to their live agent quickly after you become a customer. You should anticipate several hours or days.

2. After the contract ended and you decide to terminate the service, you should anticipate paying them a minimum of one more month.

3. You should change your credit/debit number immediately after terminating the services. I didn't do that, and they have continued drawing cash from my account for four months. Alternatively, monitor your account diligently.

4. Don't waste your time and energy explaining and reasoning with the agents, team leader, or supervisor. No matter what you say, they'll read you a scripted message like a robot.

5. Be mindful that there are several loopholes in their contract that trap you. They also change the contract in the middle of the contract period and you are responsible for it. For instance, both telephone and website are necessary to terminate service.

6. You should know that there is another hidden company that controls them. I don't know why that other company is hiding behind their name. If you force them what hinders them from making sensible decisions, they tell you about "other company". Still, after several hours of discussion with agents and supervisors, FrontPoint is not making the ultimate decision.

I wish I had known those six points before choosing this company four years ago.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

I’ve had ongoing trouble with the Frontpoint DIY equipment. It went from bad to worse when I finally decided to cancel my Frontpoint service. It is very difficult! 1. There is no way to do it online so I had to dial a phone number. 2. Waited for a call back after several days. 3. They sent a link through their website which did not work properly. 4. The link expired prior to the 72 hours that was originally time frame provided. 5. I had to start from #1 all over again. Don’t enroll with them because they make it very difficult for you to cancel!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

If you want to cancel you must cancel once they send you the appropriate email with link to cancel. You have to sign in to your account and verify the cancellation which I understand, but you must pay an addition monthly fee in order to do so even if your payment was just processed. For them being a security company you would think they could rely on their verification processes of speaking with their client instead of making them go through such a tedious process. Get ready to process a payment immediately in order to cancel. It is just another way to collect more fees. When you are setting up the service of course their service is quick and polite, but once you want to cancel you have to receive a call back, followed by an email followed by a verification process and then a 30 day wait with another monthly fee. DONE.

Original review: July 26, 2021

I have had a Frontpoint alarm system for the past 9 years. The equipment has mostly worked well; however, recently contacting technical support resulted in reaching voicemail on several occasions, then one must wait up to several hours for a callback. In addition, I have placed emergency calls to technical support and have not received a call back resulting in issues with the equipment not functioning properly. Frontpoint Security used to have very good support, but no longer provided good technical support.

Original review: July 20, 2021

Before I got Frontpoint I had CPI. I put my Frontpoint system in as it's a do-it-yourself so I feel a lot more comfortable with it. Everything was good with the installation and the technicians. I feel good about the equipment I have.

Original review: July 13, 2021

After having had a good experience with this security system in my parents' home. Everything has gone from bad to worse. From the customer service, which I used to love to the way their products work. The window and door sensors are constantly offline which means you are not protected. You have to repeatedly call for the same issues and spend hours on the phone on top of running up and down all around the house testing your sensors that don't work and repeating these steps every few weeks. Whether or not you're upgrading from an old to a new system, all systems, especially the new ones should work at least 90% of the time, which is not the case anymore with Frontpoint. If it wasn't for my contract I would have cancelled my service long ago.

Original review: July 12, 2021

We've been very happy with Frontpoint's service. We initially got them when we lived in Maryland back in 2016. They were very good during the installation. When we went to Hawaii, we didn't need it and they were very good about letting us out of our contract. We explained that we were retired military and we were gonna go be living on federal property. Then we came back in 2019 and went with them again ‘cause we liked the service before. I did call another company to compare but the biggest factor for me was, at the time, the other company was still pushing a landline and we haven't had a telephone line in almost 10 years. It sounded a lot more complicated and I wasn't gonna get a house landline just so I could have a security system, whereas everything with Frontpoint is cellular. Even if there's a power outage, they have a backup system.

If you have any questions, it's relatively easy to get hold of an actual person instead of a machine and a million options. I'm the kind of person that sometimes I just wanna talk to a human being when we’re having an issue and they're very responsive. If you have a sensor that isn't connecting or isn't hooked, they're very good about saying, “We're gonna send you a new one. Just return the old one.” When we travel, we know the house is secure. Also, if I'm home in the evening and there's any attempt to break in, we have notification. If there’s a smoke, the alarm goes off too.

Original review: July 11, 2021

It has been a strange experience with Frontpoint only because the actual brain of the alarm system never worked properly. The box has always been blinking since I've had it. It's been blinking on and off from one color to the other. I don't know if it connects to one of the cellular antennas so that cellular connection has never worked. But every time I called, the reps said move it from one location to another because of the interference. I do that and regardless of where it is, it has never worked. I also get dropped connections periodically from certain locations, whether it be the master bedroom, the dining room or the office.

Original review: July 10, 2021

Frontpoint is little bit more expensive on my monitoring compared to the other systems that I had. Other than that, the equipment's great and the response has been fine. I'm very satisfied.

Original review: July 9, 2021

The system is easy to use and understand and I definitely feel secure with it. We had recently tried to get an upgrade to the 5G network but the equipment wasn't available. There was some difficulty in the delivery of the equipment.

Original review: July 8, 2021

The reps at Frontpoint have been helpful in walking us through the setup. Every time we've called and talked to one, we've never had any issue. We do feel more secure with Frontpoint and I will recommend them.

Original review: July 7, 2021

Frontpoint is said to be one of the top-rated security companies and they did security on military sites. I decided that it might be a good option. Plus, the equipment was an easy setup. We've been involved with Frontpoint for five years now and we have been well satisfied with the way the system works. One time, we accidentally set the fire alarm off and we got a call immediately. We had many people knocking on the door wanting us to switch out our system and change to something else, but we have seen no need to do so. Frontpoint's equipment and service are very good. I've told people that we use Frontpoint and would recommend it.

Original review: July 6, 2021

I was able to install the Frontpoint system myself and set it up. The installation was super easy. The reps have been phenomenal and they do a great job with me. We have an ongoing issue with the battery and they sent me another one free of charge. Other than that, the system is very reliable. We monitor it. We see any activities while we're here or while we're coming home or while we're leaving. It gives very good peace of mind and sense of security.

Original review: July 5, 2021

Frontpoint works very well and that's why I've kept it. We've upgraded the system with some smoke alarms. The price is very affordable and nice. The system sent off a couple of warnings that the control panel back panel had detached, and it was not attached because of the battery. The battery had swollen and did not operate efficiently. I had a couple other issues and called technical support. They said I would need a new panel. This particular guy that I talked to was not the kindest in the world. He told me it would be 358 bucks. He said, “Or you can get another battery for it. But we don't sell them.” But that doesn't help me on either term. It's an outrageous cost for the box since I've been with them for 10 years. So I hung up.

I called back a second time because I had another issue and the lady that I talked to was very nice. This is over the holiday and she said, “Can't get ahold of the business office. But if you call back and get to the business office, they can probably work with you.” So that was what I did this morning. The lady was incredibly nice. She gave the new panel to me at no cost. It was finalized today and it's supposed to be in my possession by Friday or Saturday.

Original review: July 4, 2021

My wife found Frontpoint and they have good customer service. We had already bought a four-camera system but it needed to be hardwired. She found this option and it was cheaper. I did it myself in less than half an hour. Every time we check the doorbell camera, it's going to show us what's going on or we can see our dog in the front yard waiting for us to come home. But the ones in the living room, a lot of times, we will try to use them and they'll buffer a lot. That's kind of a common occurrence. Also, when the system goes off, we get that call asking for a password and, "Who am I speaking with?" That's always a little aggravating, especially when we did it as an accident. What probably is even more disappointing is when that system does get accidentally triggered, we don't get a call asking if we are okay. That happened a couple of times.

Original review: July 3, 2021

We had a problem with the system recently. One would keep falling off and wouldn’t go back on, and they kept getting a flashing light. I was on the phone for almost four hours with Frontpoint and finally, what I did is I just left it alone, hoping it would reset itself. When I had more patience, I was gonna spend 20 minutes on it and then I fixed it myself.

The quality of the system is not that good. I went out and spent 200 on internet boosters from my internet provider and I put two in each room. I've got boosters all over the house, and they still don’t always pick it up. The signal is not too weak for anything else in the house. My stepson was upstairs and he had no trouble with using one of the boosters. I've got a system which stinks, but thank God, I never need it. I called to try to fix it, and they were useless. It was very frustrating. They had me do the same thing over and over again, and they kept saying it was my signal. I called Comcast, and they said, “It's not your signal. Your signal is really strong.” Two boosters in each room. One is usually enough.

Original review: July 2, 2021

Frontpoint needs improvement with equipment and customer service. I've always had an issue talking to somebody intelligent who knows how to troubleshoot glitches in the system. I still have some cameras I haven't hooked up just because trying to get a hold of them is painful and it takes too long. Also, if they say this is DIY, not everybody can. It's not as easy as they advertise. I've wired and built houses but not everybody can do this. Trying to read through the code is a little difficult. Please send somebody over to help me.

Original review: July 1, 2021

I have multiple alarms and Frontpoint is my third security system. I've got two hardwired, and then I figured, “Why not?” I like it a lot. It’s simple. The only thing that sucks is that it’s handled through Alarm.com, the app. The main hardwired PEAK Alarm here in Utah uses Alarm.com for their app as well and if I change the password on one system, it logs into the other, and then we can’t access the other one. It’s a pain, but that's not Frontpoint's fault. Outside of that, I've had great experience all the way through.

Original review: June 30, 2021

Get Frontpoint. I got a couple of motion detectors and all the windows and stuff downstairs, and it all works fine. They call me when it goes off. We also got the app on our phones and it’s good. I like it.

Original review: June 29, 2021

The installation of my sensors was fine. When I upgraded to a newer system with a digital panel, it was great but the charge doesn't last very long. I kept charging every other day and ended up having to run my own power for it. Other than that, the newer system is a lot better than the old one I had. It's a more modern digital panel versus a little push-button analog-type thing. But Frontpoint should improve customer service, tech support, and getting back to somebody in some kind of emergency.

I ​had an incident where the lights went out at home. I didn't know that the lights were out in the neighborhood and I opened up the door and the Frontpoint system went off. They called me right away and I explained to the rep that it was me and that the power's off. I asked what to do because the alarm kept going and resetting. It was rearming itself after going off for three minutes and then going off again as soon as we opened the door to do something. The rep helped me out and cancelled the alarm. She told me that she would get me a tech but then the alarm stopped ringing so I thought that was it.

We came to find out that the alarm reset and it kept going off. So I had to go through a whole thing through their phone system that goes through a host just to get somebody from tech support to help me. I got somebody on the phone and they said “Okay, we got to switch you over to tech support again.” I then had to go through a whole other thing but I couldn't get anybody on the line because they were backed up. So, they put me on a list for a callback. Nobody was calling me back because when the first person called, they put my system on test mode because the power was out. So, Frontpoint knew that it was a false alarm. About an hour later, somebody called and told me I didn't need the Wi-Fi to shut the system off. They said I could do that through the panel.

At the time, I couldn't shut it off through the panel because when it went off originally, I was trying to cancel it and I must have pushed something while the panel went into search for the Wi-Fi mode. The Wi-Fi was out so it was searching and it wouldn’t let me get off that screen. Two hours later, the panel was back and I was able to shut it off. But just to get that information or for somebody to try to help me, it was basically impossible.

Original review: June 28, 2021

Prior to getting Frontpoint, I wasn't sleeping at night because while I was out of the country, people broke in and vandalized my home. It was very scary. At the time, my son was about 15 years old and he is a high-functioning autistic. I already have issues with sleeping at night, plus I'm also a widow. So I had a whole lot of stuff going on with me and I needed something to feel safe right away. I called Frontpoint and they talked to me about their product. I liked that the equipment could be mailed to me and that I could set it up myself. I watched a lot of the tutorials that were online and I thought that that was going to be perfect for me because I could set it up.

Aside from that, I could call and ask questions while I was setting up, which was what I did when I was setting everything up. It was so easy and I have been able to sleep since then. That was in 2016 and I have not had any issues so far. I've had one or two glitches that I've had to come and fix, but other than that, I've slept better than prior to what happened. I also tell everybody about Frontpoint when it comes to security systems. Everything that I've been concerned about, I've called and talked to someone about it, and they’ve given me all kinds of solution.

Original review: June 27, 2021

I recently added the doorbell to my Frontpoint system. I got a couple of deals I got to stick up but I got them a while ago. It's just me finding the right place to put them. I got good support from their tech group. I’d recommend a friend to take a look at Frontpoint.

Original review: June 26, 2021

I had a problem with the little devices that you stick on the doors. The sliding glass door was a problem. So, Frontpoint had to send me another one, and that got resolved. But recently, that started acting really weird. I was on the phone with someone named Christopher several days ago, and that was a rather torturous conversation. But eventually, we got the one that I have to work. Then, he finally agreed to send me a new one. Now, I have the new one here, and I can't get it to work. So, I have to call them again and get it figured out.

He couldn't answer my question. What was happening was, I'd be sitting in my living room, and all of the sudden, the patio door closed, and I wasn't even near the patio door. Our patio door opened, and I wasn't even near it. So, I said, “Do you have an explanation for that?” He said, “No.” It's only been the patio door. That's the most important door. They couldn't tell me why that was happening, which is why I called them to begin with.

Other than that, I downloaded the app, and I turn the system on and off through that. It’s very easy. Then, I have the thing on the wall where you can also activate and deactivate from the thing you stick on the wall. Overall, I don't think it's difficult to comprehend at all. I would recommend Frontpoint but one caveat to that is the customer service people need to be more experienced. The rep I dealt with had to keep putting me on hold. I could tell he was new. So, Frontpoint needs to stick with someone who's more experienced.

Original review: June 25, 2021

When I went through some issues, Frontpoint's service wasn't the smoothest operation but then they did rectify it. They sent me new equipment out if I would sign up for a year and promised to re-up my contract for a year, which was fine. Everything seems to be working great. I had an alarm go off once. The whole thing was so freaky, and it happened in the middle of the night. They didn't call and I was blaming them. It could have been me. But for the most part, my experience has been positive. They do respond. The other day, I tested my smoke alarm. They responded right away because I had to replace some battery.

I wish that they would have notified me that the closest panel was no longer being manufactured. When I ended up having a battery that was fat in the back of my alarm panel, that was what set my alarm off. The battery had swelled up so bad. I'm surprised I didn't have a fire, and that was what concerned me. I had called them because I was having a hard time finding a battery. I didn't want to replace the battery. It was the second time I replaced it. When I went to replace it, I said, “I'm concerned that this is going to happen again.” The guy I was talking to said, “Oh, we don't manufacture them anymore. But we can give you the new equipment.” I would have rather had somebody notify me early on that the batteries start exploding on you. But for the most part, it's not been the worst experience in the world.

Frontpoint Company Information