Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.26/5

Take a Home Security Systems Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Frontpoint does home security differently. By offering complete protection coupled with truly genuine and helpful service, Frontpoint gives customers everything they need. All Frontpoint customers get a personalized security solution designed to make them feel safe.

Take a Home Security Systems Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Protect Your Home

Get a professionally-installed home security system today.

Get Started

Frontpoint Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?
      How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Original review: July 13, 2020

I had one contract with this company years ago and it was great. The second time around I was told I had a one year contract and it wouldn't start until I activated my device. I was moving in a few months so I wanted to wait. Sales agent said the deal wouldn't be around in four months, to get it now, and just don't activate until I move which is when billing would start. It was a lie. Billing started immediately and it was a three year contract. Nobody cared. People would say "I'm sorry you went through that" but did nothing to rectify the situation. Best part is, they are still charging me the 30 day notice fee even after knowing my service was never activated and set up by a sales lie. There are so many better security options. Their devices are a low quality as you can get to top it off.

Original review: July 10, 2020

We had Frontpoint for 4 years without any issues. Then our touchscreen panel backup battery became defective and we needed to switch to the new hub. There are so many bugs with the new hub. Our old sensors don't register if they are open or closed. When the system reboots around 11pm, all the sensors update and the alarm goes off. We got a notice the motion detector battery was low, then suddenly it was fine. The alarm went off for a smoke detector tamper, then in the next minute ended the tamper. So many issues and all they try to do is help you "troubleshoot". When I called, there were 37 people ahead of me, probably with the same issue.

Now we are stuck in a 3 year contract. Horrible company. Wish I knew my current sensors wouldn't be compatible with the new hub. They say you don't have to buy new sensors, but then try to tell me they're old. Let's be realistic. I know sensors can go bad with time, but how convenient it is to suddenly become defective once I install the hub. Maybe new sensors work better with the hub, maybe not. I also wish they would have told loyal customers about these issues. Would have switched companies if I knew.

Original review: June 26, 2020

Did not use the system. Tried to call to cancel the contract, was not able to cancel because the cancellation fee is the same as the remaining balance. After one year contract, still get auto charged every month. Think carefully to get into a contract that you won't be able to cancel even if you don't use the service!

Original review: June 26, 2020

I set up the 'equipment' and within a month they fell off the walls. I live in FL where one, it's hot and two, we don't have smooth door frames. It's not the style down here so it was a nightmare from the start! A lot of the sensors did not line up properly and wouldn't chime when I left or enter. So they want to send me replacement stickers and all this other nonsense which is a joke. So I decided that this wasn't for me. Went to cancel. They're talking about I have 20+ months left on my contract... That's funny, since I can't recall signing up for any contract with a company who can't even report it to my credit company. Then they tell me I need to either transfer the service to someone else or pay $400 to cancel the contract plus I have to give them notice like 30 days notice before I cancel.

That's even more funny.. So I canceled my bank account and got a new one and now they call my phone every day once or twice a day but that's okay. I have them BLOCKED on every number. LISTEN, THIS IS AMERICA. I REFUSE TO PAY FOR A SCAM SERVICE I AM NOT USING WHO DO NOT HURT MY CREDIT! This company is a SCAM HARASSER company and nothing more. Go get a RING.

Original review: June 25, 2020

Horrible experience with Frontpoint. Our equipment went out and they knew about it, but didn't notify us. Everything seemed to be working on our end. Later they cancelled our service without telling us and kept taking payments for a year! We only found out when we went to change our serve. We've been without service for most of the time - and billed for it. Setup is easy, but it seems like the company is run by crooks! Run away!

Original review: June 1, 2020

The key pad stopped working 4 times and replaced twice. When key pad does not work the alarm system cannot be shut off by the pad. As a result the alarm goes off. I was told that the key pad is fine and had to be reset. This should not be needed with any frequency (4X in 18 months). We had 2 false alarms notices with the police dept. The alarm can be stopped by the app but everyone that uses the alarm needs to be educated on using the app, which is not likely. Service is slow, they are busy and cannot take your call without a long wait. You can be placed on a callback, which the last time took 22 minutes. I requested a supervisor which is expected to take 24 hours. This last issue did not generate a call from the monitoring station. If you expect good service, this is not the place. Investigate before you buy.

Original review: May 31, 2020

STAY AWAY GUYS!! I would rate this as one of the worst experience I ever had dealing with customer service. When the rep call you and tell you the details they will purposefully hide the fact that there is 3 YEAR CONTRACT and I cannot just blame them. I SHOULD have read the FINE prints. Anyways, after the first 3 months, the app is gone where you can arm and disarm your home if you are not at home. I called and they said you have to upgrade to a 50 plus plan to get an app and remember I am paying 34.99 a month.

During that conversation I figured out I have a 3 year contract and in order to cancel the service, I have to pay 80% of the remaining months. SERIOUSLY, in 2020 you have to pay 50$ plus a month to get an app and what you get is absolutely not worth the your valuable money. Customer service is terrible, you leave your call back number and will NEVER get a call back. "There is zero calls ahead of you" if you hear this message, your call will be answered in 15 to 30 mins.

Original review: May 22, 2020

My contract was up in December. After 3 years and 3 months I was not using system cause am homeless but still was paying. Now almost 6 months after cancelling they still billing and refused to cancel. Help.

Original review: May 19, 2020

TLDR; Poor customer service and “average, at best” products. Also, expect to pay two additional months of service for cancellation minimum or significantly more if contract not completed.

I purchased service from Frontpoint in late 2015. Initially, I had no issues. To me, the DIY installation was a convenience if done correctly. I soon learned that trying to get any issues resolved would be like pulling teeth. Customer service at Frontpoint leaves a lot to be desired. From my experience, it seems their tactic when faced with an issue is to give you a “run around” answer until you get frustrated enough to give up on the matter.

I recently moved on military orders and had to cancel my service upon the sale of my previous home. When I requested cancellation of service, I was told a 30-day notice is required for cancellation. Though I feel 30-day cancellation notices are a little outdated in 2020, I realized it was probably in the contract and I overlooked it so I was willing to deal with it. However, I was then told I would have to make two more payments. It doesn’t take a genius to realize two months is more than 30 days. I asked the customer service rep why two months payment were required for a 30 day notice if I had already completed my initial 3 year obligation. The rep continued to give me different versions of “I don’t know; that’s just what we have to charge to cancel service.”

Frustrated, I asked to speak to a manager/supervisor and the rep tried to tell me there was no one else to speak to. After I pressed the issue, she finally said she would forward my call but couldn’t guarantee I would get an answer. I ultimately did get an answer and the supervisor was able to remove the second monthly charge but only because I had military orders for my move. Had I been able to receive the same result without the continuous “run around” from the first rep I spoke to, my review would be significantly different. Ultimately, Frontpoint’s service is nothing special and certainly not worth the headache of having to deal with their customer service regardless of their price compared to competitors.

Original review: May 14, 2020

I purchased an alarm system from Frontpoint and was told I had a two year contract. After 2 plus years I moved and called to cancel. It was then they told me I had a 3 year contract. They said I could get the new owners to finish the contract. I sold the equipment with the house and could not take it with me. While I had the alarm system the motion detectors never worked as they were supposed to. They never addressed that problem. I could only set the alarm partially protected.

Also one sensor kept going offline and their solution was to move that sensor closer to the control panel. It was already within 8 feet. They never offered to send me a new sensor. Now they want to charge me for a system that they never made sure was working. Also, I don't even have the system. I paid over $400 for the original equipment. Do not buy into this company. You will not have any recourse. They will hold the contract over your head. You will be able to cancel and they will not have a reason to keep your equipment working.

Frontpoint Company Information