4.22/5
Based on 1,214 ratings submitted in the last year

Need a home alarm?

Frontpoint

Frontpoint does home security differently. By offering complete protection coupled with truly genuine and helpful service, Frontpoint gives customers everything they need and nothing they don’t. All Frontpoint customers get a personalized security solution designed to not only make them feel safe, but feel good, as well.

Every Frontpoint system comes with 100% wireless equipment and 100% cellular monitoring, for no extra charge. Cellular monitoring means a more reliable connection between the home and monitoring center, and wireless means no lines for burglars to cut. Frontpoint also works with you to ensure that every system is customized to fit every customer’s unique home and lifestyle needs. Frontpoint systems are also refreshingly simple, allowing for customers to set up, move or expand systems on their own, at any time.

In addition to intrusion, all Frontpoint monitoring plans include protection against fire, flood, freeze, carbon monoxide and medical emergencies. Also, advanced technology such as remote online access, free mobile apps keep customers in touch and in control at all times, no matter where they are. When consumers compare Frontpoint to the competition, it’s easy to see just what makes them stand out.

View More View More

Need a home alarm?

7675 Frontpoint Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 3, 2019

I purchased a home security system for insurance purposes, and I went with Frontpoint because they had better reviews. When I installed the system, it was easy and it went well. While the cost is okay, I, however, have seen a lot of other systems that were less expensive.

Original review: April 3, 2019

After all the research I did, Frontpoint seemed pretty good compared to everybody else. The installation was quite simple. Also, the system has been excellent. Frontpoint always resolved my issue and if not, I get referred to somebody who can.

Original review: April 2, 2019

Like others have mentioned here, this company has a super shady policy around cancelling service. We moved and had six months left on our contract. So we continued to pay. When our final month came, my husband called to cancel and was never told that they require WRITTEN cancellation via email. Two months later, they have continued to bill us, so I called them again, only to be told over the phone and via email that I would be billed for ANOTHER MONTH due to the policy requirement of 30 days written notice!

So now they have scammed me out of THREE total payments on a system I haven't used in 6 months. To add insult to injury, they have this cute little phrase they kept repeating on the phone about how they have "no customer-facing managers" to try to deter you from speaking to anyone else. What a bunch of scammers. I will be letting everyone in my neighborhood know about their practices. Do yourself a favor and go with a company that allows you to cancel your service at any time, over the phone. If they were so certain about their product, they wouldn't need to con people into contracts with shady cancellation clauses.

Original review: April 2, 2019

We have had Frontpoint for around three to six months now. We were unhappy with the home security we had that is why we started looking at different ones, and we thought that Frontpoint would suit our circumstances best. As far as the installation of the system, I wasn’t sure I was doing it right because we have been used to having somebody come out and do things for us, so it was taking a bit of getting used to. We like most of the features in general. However, we had an alarm go off, but we couldn’t find what was happening, so we called and the reps got it taken care of. One of the sensors had come loose on one of the windows and the reps were very helpful.

The cost seems a little high, though. It is just about what we were paying for the other system and we had more personalized service. We had somebody who would come out and help us with problems. They came out one time and they had to install a radio system instead of the phone line, so we were used to that, however, I am getting used to trying to do it on my own. When the system beeps and the door or window is open, we would like to have some way of knowing which one that is and I need to know how to turn down the volume when it beeps. I am happy with Frontpoint, nonetheless.

Original review: April 2, 2019

Our house got robbed. I was nine months pregnant at the time, my husband was going back to work, and I was gonna be here with two kids by myself. We got Frontpoint's system where we are able to customize our options as to how many sensors we want. Also, the cost of service is cheaper monthly than every other company. We’ve had the system for almost nine months now, and we’ve been pretty satisfied with it. Their customer service is good. We’ve only had to call the reps in a couple of times, and they were able to answer all of our questions for us. Aside from our Frontpoint system, we also have cameras that we bought and we’re able to watch 24/7 from our mobile devices, so that has kinda helped too. Every so often, the Frontpoint system would go off because of our Wi-Fi connections, when we leave the house trying to set it, but we’ve got that figured out. Overall, our sense of security has been better with Frontpoint.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Original review: April 1, 2019

I like Frontpoint's customer service. I got a good deal in addition to what I bought last year. Installing the system was easy. The manuals are very easy to plug in and plug out. It's very convenient to have Frontpoint, and I feel more safe. All the features, sensors and cameras are working fine. We had some issue with connecting the camera number two, but that was probably because of my slow internet speed. Right now, my account is locked for some reason and I need help in unlocking it.

Original review: April 1, 2019

Dealing with the Frontpoint reps was very easy. They were very nice and friendly. Then, the installation was very simple and easily done. So far, the quality of the equipment is very nice and I like a lot of the features. Also, the smartphone features are very native and natural. I like it. The Frontpoint system is highly rated and I’m very satisfied, especially a feature wherein when the electricity in the neighborhood goes down, I get notifications and after it comes back, I get a notification as well. It's very useful. The Frontpoint system is user-friendly too. It’s perfect and I would recommend it.

Original review: March 31, 2019

Frontpoint's equipment and overall package seemed to be the best combination that was out there. The installation of the system was easy and the quality of its features is good. Some sensors weren't sent to me but when I called their customer service up, they sent the sensors over immediately. It was really good.

Original review: March 31, 2019

My wife read some reviews on Frontpoint and we thought we'd give it a try. I did the installation, which was very simple. It took an hour to set everything up. We like it compared to our old system. It has a fair price and the video options have been very helpful. But we'd probably add some more cameras to it at some point to cover some other areas of the house.

Original review: March 30, 2019

I was with Time Warner for a few years. I switched my internet and they said they won’t be able to provide me the service if I don’t get the internet. Frontpoint had decent reviews and are self-install systems, so I went with them. I needed some help also with installation, and their customer service was pretty good. The staff and technical support were quite helpful and very friendly. Asked me to call back if I need any more assistance.

The only issue I had is setting up the motion sensor. It’s hard for me to see what area exactly it’ll cover. If there was a laser in it (only for the set-up part) that tells you the laser is covering this much, it would make it a little easier for people like to me know, rather than just judging by what they’re telling you is gonna be covered this much and how far, and so on. Other than that, the system is working fine and I’ll definitely recommend them to others.

Original review: March 30, 2019

Frontpoint was referred by a friend I trusted, so I wanted to give it a try. Everything was easy in the installation. Everything has been great, too. I really like the cute keypad for the keychain. It is my favorite and I use it all the time, as well as the app. I like being able to set the system when I’m not home. I definitely feel safe or secure with the system. They’ve called me a couple of times because I burnt the bacon, but other than that, there has been nothing serious.

Original review: March 29, 2019

Frontpoint has been working well so far and my favorite feature about the security system is that I can alarm it even if I'm not there. I also love the cameras. The installation was a little difficult with the cameras, especially the outside one. I called customer service, but it still was very confusing because I was under the understanding that it would all work even if I didn’t have a Wi-Fi system. The security does, but with the outside camera, I need to have a Wi-Fi. The overall functionality and performance of the system are good. I'm glad it gives me notices, like if it is not set, but sometimes it goes overboard like I would get a text every five minutes. You couldn't clear out that you are setting it off yourself and it would have to keep reminding me that it is off.

Original review: March 29, 2019

Frontpoint has a lower price compared to ADT which I previously had. I installed the system myself and it was easy. I had questions though and when I called Frontpoint, they walked me through it and it went better. Everybody was really helpful and pleasant. They have great customer service skills. I just have the basic features for now but they're fine.

Original review: March 28, 2019

What a mistake to change from ADT to this way inferior product. Cheap stick on alarms fall off within months. We cancelled account in November when credit card was expiring, they continued to use card without permission until I had to cancel card and contact credit card co to get charges refunded. Now getting emails saying account in arrears. Sorry... We switched back to ADT. Your product is garbage.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention. One of our Account Supervisors will be reaching out to address your concerns in detail and make sure you are completely taken care of moving forward. Thanks again and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Original review: March 28, 2019

Frontpoint was the best deal and they're less upfront. The installation of the system was straightforward. As far as the people go, everything’s fairly smooth, but some of their technology tends to drop out at weird times. My door contact out in the garage dropped a couple times. And then the signals to the door locks messes my range. And when we switched out the headend and everything was supposed to just port over, it didn’t. So, people started coming into the house and it set off the alarm. Other than that, I definitely feel more safe having Frontpoint.

Original review: March 28, 2019

Everything has been good with Frontpoint. I did the installation of the system and it was easy. We set the smoke detector once and they called right away. They were very friendly with getting it cleared on their end. The Frontpoint system is a bit pricey, but the fact that it includes the water sensor and the smoke detector, that is valuable. My old ADT wired system didn’t offer that.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I googled security systems online and Frontpoint was rated one of the top with a good price. The cost of Frontpoint is cheaper than the alarm place that my wife had, so it is good. We've have had the Frontpoint system since September of last year and we like it. I did the installation myself. We've had no problems so far, but I wish I had their smoke detectors because what we have in our house is going off all the time. I also wish I had one of those touch screen monitors in our house.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I went to a different city, so I wanted to get a security system. This is our first home and that made me a little nervous. I did some research and it seemed like Frontpoint had really good customer service, so I thought it would be good. I like the wireless aspect of it, where I don't have to have a landline. The whole phone connection thing was good, too. Everything was positive with the sales representative from Frontpoint and the system was really easy to set up. We just went through and put everything on the doors and the windows and set up our system. The instructions were very easy to understand and we got through it quickly. The total installation process took less than 30 minutes.

I am perfectly happy with everything. I love that I can arm the system from my phone and that it is very easy to use. The quality of the equipment is very good. I haven't had any issues with it at all. The smart feature is also one of my favorite things. I like how I can create custom settings for it, like the no entry delay thing. The silent arming is nice, too. Everything works great. The price is great and the overall functionality and performance of the system are perfect. I feel so much better since having the system in our home. We don't have a fence right now and we have people walk through our backyard, so I have my system armed all the time just in case.

Original review: March 27, 2019

My experience in dealing with the Frontpoint reps were all extremely positive and very painless. The installation instructions were also very straightforward and it was almost foolproof just to be able to get it up there and get it going. Although, it took longer because we didn’t have internet at the time, so we had to do everything on LTE but it was easy. It only took about 30 minutes to get it all set and done. The system does what it needs to without too much overcomplication. I use the smartphone features all the time and it’s great as well. There’s no doubt that Frontpoint is another layer of knowing that my stuff and I are gonna be safe and secure.

Original review: March 26, 2019

We had a 3 year contract with Frontpoint and we are thrilled that it is over!!! Worse customer service we have ever experienced! Don't go with this company! They are not honest and upfront with their business practices such as our contract. When we took it out was for 3 years. We were never told that we had to give written notice! Who does that? Our contract is up! Why should we notify the company... They already know! Do yourself a favor and save yourself some money. Buy your own cameras and install an app on your phone. Much cheaper and you will do a better for yourself because you care!

Frontpoint response

We appreciate you taking the time to share this feedback with us. It is important to us that we address all of your concerns and make sure you are taken care of so we are going to have one of our Account Supervisors reach out to assist you. Thanks again and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Original review: March 26, 2019

I liked Frontpoint's pricing and their equipment. I also like how easy it was to use it. The rep explained it very well. The installation was also easy and I liked that I could install it myself instead of having somebody else to do it. I installed it in around 20 minutes. We could have the features on the app and access them there, too. Frontpoint also offered extra equipment to go along with the alarm. We've got the sensors on the windows and the door and the alarm on, and we've been sleeping better at night knowing that we don’t have to listen for anything.

Original review: March 26, 2019

The kids are getting older and staying at home by themselves sometimes, so we thought getting a security system would be good. When we called in with Frontpoint and inquired, we felt comfortable with them. I like their rep’s knowledge and what we heard. The packaging was good and the installation took a couple of different times, both with representatives. Our dog and his wireless collar interfered with the system at first but the on-call staff was able to help us turn the main system off, so that the dog wasn’t responding to beeps when doors opened. We have two cameras and it records. Then the app can just be quickly used versus the in-home main device. The video sometimes just says, “Troubleshooting” or “Try again,” though and that's probably related to the internet. But other than that, we definitely appreciate the Frontpoint system and rely on feeling secure because of it.

Original review: March 25, 2019

I went with Frontpoint when the other system I was with started getting too expensive. The sales guy on the phone was really good. He was upfront and told me what it would cost. I was just totally satisfied with it. Installation was a piece of cake. Everything came in a box and you put it up yourself. The old system then links with the new system. It took an hour to install everything. I am happy with its features. It's cool that the control board is a touchpad and you can put it wherever you want it. I am thinking of adding some cameras, one for in the house and one outside on the porch. My old system had a camera in one of the rooms, but that was not compatible with the new system.

Original review: March 25, 2019

I did some research online, and Frontpoint's cost and user-friendly setup made me use them. They have really empowered their representatives and their customer service is ahead of any other business that I’ve dealt with. The rep was very useful, friendly, and gave good feedback. He was also very knowledgeable about the product and the price. Plus, he did everything that he could on his side to make the price fair. I didn’t realize at first that the system was a do-it-yourself kit, but with that said, the installation was still very easy. Quality wise, the features in the system are great. I have a great sense of security with it. For what Frontpoint provides, they are underpriced. I would be willing to pay a little more if the prices went up just for the comfort the system provides. I'm satisfied with my decision to go with them.

Original review: March 24, 2019

My dad installed the Frontpoint system and it took about an hour. The features are typical but they are good and we are using the basics of it right now. The alarm has gone off accidentally and the alarm only goes off where the unit was. Our unit is not by the front door right now, so if someone were to come in the front door, it is not very loud. Still, everything else has been fine and since having Frontpoint in our home, our sense of security has increased a little.

Original review: March 24, 2019

We liked how the Frontpoint home security system talks to the cell towers or calls the police, which sold us. They sent me all the instructions on how to set it up and it took me half an hour to install everything. The features satisfied what we needed with the security system although we wanted more window sensors and they were so pricey. Since having the Frontpoint system in our home, we've been feeling better at night and we are protected when we leave the house for a weekend trip.

Original review: March 23, 2019

I have been with Frontpoint for about seven months and my experience has been fine. I have gotten a good response from their customer service whenever I called for anything and had very little issues with them. If there had been an issue, they were able to walk me through it so I have been pleased. The installation was straightforward when I did it. But, I called them one time during the installation and they helped me through whatever the issue was, so it went well. So far, my system is fine but I had one time that one of the motion detectors in the garage went off. I never could figure out why it went off so, we did some testing with the Frontpoint’s customer service on it and we could never figure it out. Nevertheless, Frontpoint has been very good for the most part.

Original review: March 23, 2019

I didn't have any issues with the service I received until I decided to cancel my service when I bundled my security system, internet, and cable. I figured I had a few months left on my contract since I was just shy of two years. Apparently their contracts are three years where my other services were only two years. I was told I would have to pay for 15 months of service after my 30 day written cancellation notice was received and I would be billed one more month. I was told I owed them over $400. When asked if I could split the charge over two months I was told no.

They went ahead and charged my card the $415 the next day causing my account to overdraft. They didn't wait 30 days to process the payment even though I was told I had to give 30 days written notice. While on the phone during my actual attempt to cancel, I asked to speak to a supervisor and was basically told no because a supervisor would just tell me the same thing. I finally got a supervisor and he was not willing to work with me whatsoever. When I asked to speak to someone in the corporate office again I was told no and that no one higher than the supervisor would help me.

I could have accepted paying $200 or so for terminating before my contract was up, but $400??? Also when the new company disconnected Frontpoint, I never received a call or notification that my alarm system had been disconnected so I have to wonder if they were really monitoring my system. Very disappointed with how they handled this process and $400 is a ripoff especially when they take your money right away for the cancellation.

Original review: March 23, 2019

I needed a home security system and got one from Frontpoint. They were cheaper than the other companies and they also came up number one when I googled the best home security system. Their sales reps were a little pushy and I didn't like that. But during the installation, the reps were helpful. I didn't understand the installation at first but I got through it alright. The quality of the system is okay, and the cost is great.

Frontpoint seems to be a reputable company but they let you test a couple of things for a couple of months and I didn't know that it didn't come with the service. So, everything costs something and it didn't matter. I had to call them and ask them about it. I see one thing on the screen and then I don't see it anymore. I got confused. I thought something was wrong with it. But they were just letting me test it and nobody told me that. That's one thing they should tell people. I didn't get what I'm paying for. But overall, I don't have a problem with the system from Frontpoint.

Original review: March 22, 2019

We live in Denver and people usually have security systems here. We found Frontpoint as the top-listed provider online on a couple different sites. It also had a bunch of services that we needed, like the ability to use the phone to turn the system on and off from a distance. We have memory issues with one of the people in our house and it is great as it is simple enough for him since he does not have to press a whole bunch of different keys and symbols in order to get it turned off.

It is interesting to have my phone ring if the door opens by mistake, and the alarm goes off because somebody forgot the alarm was on. It is also good to know that we are getting notifications right away when it opens. It is great as it chimes my phone very quickly and the response time has been good generally. The people at Frontpoint are really nice. The person who helped me purchased it was really helpful, walked me through it and followed up with the calls. He also made sure that everything got to me okay and everything arrived really quickly. Tthe system was easy to set up. We definitely feel more secure since we've had Frontpoint.

Frontpoint Company Information