4.0/5 (2041 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About Frontpoint

Frontpoint offers wireless home security packages with professional monitoring and app-based control. New customers work with Frontpoint representatives to find a personalized security solution for their home. Systems come preprogrammed and are designed for easy, do-it-yourself installation. Customers can try a Frontpoint home security system risk-free for 30 days.

Pros

• Month-to-month service available
  • Compatible with Alexa and Google Home
  • Build-your-own system option

Cons

• No professional installation option
  • No lifetime warranty on equipment

Bottom Line

Frontpoint security systems offer high-tech equipment and 24-hour professional monitoring. If you don’t mind installing it yourself, a Frontpoint alarm system could be a smart option for home protection.

Frontpoint Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Original review: July 9, 2021

The system is easy to use and understand and I definitely feel secure with it. We had recently tried to get an upgrade to the 5G network but the equipment wasn't available. There was some difficulty in the delivery of the equipment.

Original review: July 8, 2021

The reps at Frontpoint have been helpful in walking us through the setup. Every time we've called and talked to one, we've never had any issue. We do feel more secure with Frontpoint and I will recommend them.

Original review: July 7, 2021

Frontpoint is said to be one of the top-rated security companies and they did security on military sites. I decided that it might be a good option. Plus, the equipment was an easy setup. We've been involved with Frontpoint for five years now and we have been well satisfied with the way the system works. One time, we accidentally set the fire alarm off and we got a call immediately. We had many people knocking on the door wanting us to switch out our system and change to something else, but we have seen no need to do so. Frontpoint's equipment and service are very good. I've told people that we use Frontpoint and would recommend it.

Original review: July 6, 2021

I was able to install the Frontpoint system myself and set it up. The installation was super easy. The reps have been phenomenal and they do a great job with me. We have an ongoing issue with the battery and they sent me another one free of charge. Other than that, the system is very reliable. We monitor it. We see any activities while we're here or while we're coming home or while we're leaving. It gives very good peace of mind and sense of security.

Original review: July 5, 2021

Frontpoint works very well and that's why I've kept it. We've upgraded the system with some smoke alarms. The price is very affordable and nice. The system sent off a couple of warnings that the control panel back panel had detached, and it was not attached because of the battery. The battery had swollen and did not operate efficiently. I had a couple other issues and called technical support. They said I would need a new panel. This particular guy that I talked to was not the kindest in the world. He told me it would be 358 bucks. He said, “Or you can get another battery for it. But we don't sell them.” But that doesn't help me on either term. It's an outrageous cost for the box since I've been with them for 10 years. So I hung up.

I called back a second time because I had another issue and the lady that I talked to was very nice. This is over the holiday and she said, “Can't get ahold of the business office. But if you call back and get to the business office, they can probably work with you.” So that was what I did this morning. The lady was incredibly nice. She gave the new panel to me at no cost. It was finalized today and it's supposed to be in my possession by Friday or Saturday.

Original review: July 4, 2021

My wife found Frontpoint and they have good customer service. We had already bought a four-camera system but it needed to be hardwired. She found this option and it was cheaper. I did it myself in less than half an hour. Every time we check the doorbell camera, it's going to show us what's going on or we can see our dog in the front yard waiting for us to come home. But the ones in the living room, a lot of times, we will try to use them and they'll buffer a lot. That's kind of a common occurrence. Also, when the system goes off, we get that call asking for a password and, "Who am I speaking with?" That's always a little aggravating, especially when we did it as an accident. What probably is even more disappointing is when that system does get accidentally triggered, we don't get a call asking if we are okay. That happened a couple of times.

Original review: July 3, 2021

We had a problem with the system recently. One would keep falling off and wouldn’t go back on, and they kept getting a flashing light. I was on the phone for almost four hours with Frontpoint and finally, what I did is I just left it alone, hoping it would reset itself. When I had more patience, I was gonna spend 20 minutes on it and then I fixed it myself.

The quality of the system is not that good. I went out and spent 200 on internet boosters from my internet provider and I put two in each room. I've got boosters all over the house, and they still don’t always pick it up. The signal is not too weak for anything else in the house. My stepson was upstairs and he had no trouble with using one of the boosters. I've got a system which stinks, but thank God, I never need it. I called to try to fix it, and they were useless. It was very frustrating. They had me do the same thing over and over again, and they kept saying it was my signal. I called Comcast, and they said, “It's not your signal. Your signal is really strong.” Two boosters in each room. One is usually enough.

Original review: July 2, 2021

Frontpoint needs improvement with equipment and customer service. I've always had an issue talking to somebody intelligent who knows how to troubleshoot glitches in the system. I still have some cameras I haven't hooked up just because trying to get a hold of them is painful and it takes too long. Also, if they say this is DIY, not everybody can. It's not as easy as they advertise. I've wired and built houses but not everybody can do this. Trying to read through the code is a little difficult. Please send somebody over to help me.

Original review: July 1, 2021

I have multiple alarms and Frontpoint is my third security system. I've got two hardwired, and then I figured, “Why not?” I like it a lot. It’s simple. The only thing that sucks is that it’s handled through Alarm.com, the app. The main hardwired PEAK Alarm here in Utah uses Alarm.com for their app as well and if I change the password on one system, it logs into the other, and then we can’t access the other one. It’s a pain, but that's not Frontpoint's fault. Outside of that, I've had great experience all the way through.

Original review: June 30, 2021

Get Frontpoint. I got a couple of motion detectors and all the windows and stuff downstairs, and it all works fine. They call me when it goes off. We also got the app on our phones and it’s good. I like it.

Frontpoint Company Information