3.60/5

Get matched with the best Home Security System.

Frontpoint

Frontpoint does home security differently. By offering complete protection coupled with truly genuine and helpful service, Frontpoint gives customers everything they need and nothing they don’t. All Frontpoint customers get a personalized security solution designed to not only make them feel safe, but feel good, as well.

Every Frontpoint system comes with 100% wireless equipment and 100% cellular monitoring, for no extra charge. Cellular monitoring means a more reliable connection between the home and monitoring center, and wireless means no lines for burglars to cut. Frontpoint also works with you to ensure that every system is customized to fit every customer’s unique home and lifestyle needs. Frontpoint systems are also refreshingly simple, allowing for customers to set up, move or expand systems on their own, at any time.

In addition to intrusion, all Frontpoint monitoring plans include protection against fire, flood, freeze, carbon monoxide and medical emergencies. Also, advanced technology such as remote online access, free mobile apps keep customers in touch and in control at all times, no matter where they are. When consumers compare Frontpoint to the competition, it’s easy to see just what makes them stand out.

View More View More

Get matched with the best Home Security System.

Frontpoint Reviews

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

I have been with Frontpoint for so many years until recently when I cannot afford its $40 monthly service anymore. So, I tried to cancel. Guess what, it’s not easy. Cancellation department emailed me a procedure to cancel plus a note on the last payment (cancellation is not outright). I complied with the email replying my name and my intention to cancel.

One month after the last payment, Frontpoint continued to charge my credit card for a cancelled service, 2 times, for a month of service. Apparently, my account was not cancelled. On that same day, a so called customer relationship director, Mr. Chace **, emailed me about my cancellation. I replied back upset that even though I complied with the cancellation process, my account was never cancelled and worst, was charged twice. He apologized and said he will reverse the charges. But, I never trusted his words, I called my credit card provider to block Frontpoint from ever charging again showing proof that it was cancelled 2 months ago. Forward a month after, I got a bill this time for the coming month’s service. The itemized bill says one month service for $39.99 but the total is $79.98 indicating an open invoice. However, the bill is not coming from Frontpoint but from MyAlarmCenter.

I do not know and have no an accounts with MyAlarmCenter and I find no reason to deal with them. Until now, I am waiting for an explanation from Frontpoint why my info was forwarded to another company. One week has passed, Frontpoint has not communicated at all. I am left with no recourse but to file my complaints with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and the Better Business Bureau so I can get assurance that account has indeed been cancelled. I would be requesting a zero invoice with a note that account is closed. Make note that if you read the Yelp review of MyAlarmCenter online, this company would not stop annoying you with bills and if you ignore to pay, you will end up in collections. It just hard to trust companies nowadays. Ba0sed on this review plus my experience, I can rate them scammers.

So this is the true Frontpoint I trusted for several years. Once you enroll, there is no way of stopping them from billing you and forget about your privacy as they will forward your information to another company if you attempt to have your credit card provider stop the payment. I will update this forum with the FTC verdict so consumers can make a wise decision before subscribing to Frontpoint’s alarm services.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

Customer since 2015. Recently moved and did not have a house for a while. Took me 3 phone calls to suspend my contract, and as soon as I am back “online” I got charged for the suspended months as well.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

I have been a Frontpoint customer since 2011. Moved 2 times and moved system with me. If an older sensor needs a battery change, they will replace the sensor. Some old sensors are impossible to replace batteries. Customer service and technical support have been exception and I have recommended Frontpoint to friends many times. Technology is solid. Products cover security and automation/ Customer service services the customers. Long standing satisfied customer who has added products since original contract. The one stop for wireless security!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I decided to cancel my service after having to keep it offline because of false alarms going off and in the middle of the night at 3:00 a.m. to be specific, an alarm went off and I couldn't get to the system in time so they called me and asked me for my password. I couldn't remember it and told them it is 3:00 a.m. and I couldn't think of it. They hung up and I went back to bed and a few minutes later my doorbell rang and the police were at my door and I had to explain what had happened. After multiple false alarms I turned off the monitoring and to my fault didn't call them to cancel when I should have. Now that I did I called three times, first to be told that they can't cancel service on the weekend and for canceling service and I had to call on Monday even though they advise they have 24/7 customer service on their website.

I then again called and sat on hold forever so I had to hang up since I was at work and then again today I finally got through. Their Sales rep did not come out right away and tell me that I must submit in Writing 30 days prior to cancellation notice on cancellation, but continued to hard sell me why I should stay with Frontpoint. He even had the gall to tell me I was selfish that I didn't want to pass on my system to someone else. Why in the world would I pass on something on that I would not consider for myself??? I told him I didn't want to hear his speeches about why I should stay with them as I have already completed my research and decided to go with another company.

He said that this call would take 8 minutes and he would continue talking to me and let me know why I should stay with them and I could put the phone down if I didn't want to listen. I cannot believe a company would have their so called customer service reps continue to hard sell when a customer does not want to hear it. So now I am going to have to pay for another month because of this 30 days' notice that is not information that is provided on their website that is required in order to cancel.

The only FAQ showed how do I cancel Frontpoint service? "Just contact our Customer Care team. We’re sorry to hear you’re considering cancelling your Frontpoint service. Please refer to your original contract to review requirements and possible early termination fees." My experience with this company has not been good and I would recommend using another well known company. I have sent a message to the company on my experience and we will see if they even respond. M. **

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I called and canceled my service in May 2019 I noticed in October that I was still being charged for a service that was not being provided anymore so I called to get a credit they claim I was sent an email and I had to reply to it to finalize the cancellation which they didn’t tell me about when I called to cancel. I asked for these months to be put back on my card they said no because I didn’t do my part to finalize the cancellation well I just got in my email I do not have any emails from them in May. Do not use this company they are dishonest and will keep charging you after you cancel. Also they said my last ping was the beginning of June so clearly I wasn’t using it anymore.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

I do not understand how this company gets good reviews. The documentation does not match the products, the technicians are easily confused, and the products do not work as advertised. The salesman quoted up to 200 feet, I cannot get it to work at 50 feet. The online documentation is for systems they no longer sell, but there is no documentation for what they do sell.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

Frontpoint is the worst. Aside from the obvious signing a contract, we had our alarm go off and there was zero response. It must be a trend because after we cancelled (totally willing to pay to get out of the contract just so we can stop dealing with them) they completely ghosted us and continue to charge us. As of today, I am still attempting to contact someone... No response. Will update if I ever hear back...

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

I am not happy with Frontpoint. They have locked me into a contract when I canceled my contract before my free trial was up. I then was told that since I have paid for my equipment I would not have to give it back even though I have canceled. This is not ok. They are going back on their promise. I would not recommend Frontpoint to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

I was a Frontpoint customer for 5 years, and we had a great experience with them. We then moved to a new home (that already had a different security system installed) and trying to cancel our service was a NIGHTMARE. I felt like they purposefully made it very difficult to cancel, which was very disappointing to me after we had been loyal customers for 5 years. I had to call back three times, to only then be informed that I had to send them a request in WRITING to cancel (what other company have you ever heard of where you can't cancel your service over the phone??) and then they were going to charge me for 2 months after canceling. Honestly, it was worse than cable customer service. Will never use them again.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

***BUYER BEWARE!!!*** If you enjoy poor customer service, inability to receive alerts on your mobile device and a host of other issues with monitored security systems then Frontpoint is for you. That's been our experience! Also, note that Frontpoint is very cutthroat about enforcing their contract. READ it carefully before signing. Then set calendar reminders for dates that are years in the future to remind you of deadlines to cancel your service in order to avoid unnecessary charges.

Frontpoint Company Information