4.26/5
Based on 416 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Frontpoint does home security differently. By offering complete protection coupled with truly genuine and helpful service, Frontpoint gives customers everything they need and nothing they don’t. All Frontpoint customers get a personalized security solution designed to not only make them feel safe, but feel good, as well.

Every Frontpoint system comes with 100% wireless equipment and 100% cellular monitoring, for no extra charge. Cellular monitoring means a more reliable connection between the home and monitoring center, and wireless means no lines for burglars to cut. Frontpoint also works with you to ensure that every system is customized to fit every customer’s unique home and lifestyle needs. Frontpoint systems are also refreshingly simple, allowing for customers to set up, move or expand systems on their own, at any time.

In addition to intrusion, all Frontpoint monitoring plans include protection against fire, flood, freeze, carbon monoxide and medical emergencies. Also, advanced technology such as remote online access, free mobile apps keep customers in touch and in control at all times, no matter where they are. When consumers compare Frontpoint to the competition, it’s easy to see just what makes them stand out.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: May 18, 2018

6153 Frontpoint Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: May 10, 2018

I replaced my previous security system company and went with Frontpoint after I read a review online. My experience with them and the quality of the hardware have been fine and though the cost of their service is a bit higher than others, it’s not too far out of line.

Original review: May 10, 2018

Frontpoint’s price was cheaper than other security companies and the installation was simple and straightforward, but there were times I didn’t get much assistance when I was trying to figure out how to get it up and operate it. I mounted my control panel but I started adding an add-on to it and I gotta take that security panel within 10 feet of the new sensor, so it had been a pain in the butt. Also, their monthly cost was a little high since they would not do much service unless somebody breaks in. Other than that, the quality of the security equipment was fair, though an outside camera would be a nice add-on to the system. Also, they changed something on the smartphone feature that made it better. When you open the app, it brings up all the pages instead of having to go and look for them.

Original review: May 10, 2018

I had a home security system and I was looking to improve the system that I had. So far, Frontpoint is exceeding the previous company that I had. I like Frontpoint’s smart home integration and they've been responsive to any technical issues I've had. However, there are a couple of parts that I was supposed to have gotten for free. I had some parts from my old system and they said it would be compatible with my Frontpoint, but it ended up not being. Initially, they wanted to charge me for those parts, but I called and told them that my sales rep said I should have those for free, and they ended up overnighting me all the parts I needed to have the full system that I had previously to match it apples to apples. I told them that I wanted to cancel because I wasn't gonna spend money out of pocket to have the same system I had. But either way, they sent the parts I needed for free and ended up keeping me as a customer, so I was pleased with that.

The smart home integration was important for me. All of our locks, alarm, garage, sometimes even cameras, are all integrated into it. I did the installation and it was easy. I had to remove some hardware from my other system but had I not, it would've been very easy to install something new. The installation instructions given were good. There was one issue we had, but when I called in, they were able to walk me right through with all the problems. The only issue and gripe I have, and they say that they're working on it, is that I don't have a Nest thermostat but an ecobee thermostat.

While ecobee is a smart thermostat, it's not today programmable and works with the Frontpoint dashboard, so if I had one complaint, it would be if they had a bit wider variety of smart home integration tools that they work with. But whatever works for them is very user-friendly and very easy to use, and we use them regularly every day. The security equipment that we have is high quality. It is similar to what I had before but a lot less upfront cost and monthly. I have a good value for what I pay for, so I'm happy.

Original review: May 10, 2018

I had Frontpoint several years ago with my home when I was in Texas. I moved back and I wanted to get a home security system again, so I looked into what was new in the market, but I set up with Frontpoint again because I stuck to what I knew. And I had some equipment that I could re-utilize with the new plan. When I started my service, we had two phone calls and everything else was via email. I talked to the salesperson first and then they tried to upsell me on whatever, but I wasn’t interested in trying to get it.

I knew exactly what I wanted to try to do but I didn’t want to be obnoxious and not listen to the person's pitch because I didn’t know everything. It wasn’t a big deal but the only thing was the misunderstanding on the control module. I was led to believe that since I had an old model, I could have one upstairs and one downstairs, but in actuality, the system only supports one control module. And I found that out when I spoke to the tech person when I was doing my install.

It was a self-install system and it wasn’t too hard. I called the tech person because I was trying to understand the process for syncing my old sensors with the new system, and I had old sensors when I had it previously. She walked me through that and it was too easy. I went around the house and stuck stuff to the walls and doors and windows. The new equipment is all digital and it has the Wi-Fi capability, so I can connect to the internet. With regards to the door and the window sensors, I prefer the old ones because they are slimmer but sufficient. However, things may have changed between now and then. There's a lot more competition out there in the market now. Others have camera functions, like the little doorbell cameras that are much more reasonably priced than what Frontpoint is advertising right now.

Original review: May 10, 2018

I've had several different companies and Frontpoint is definitely the best. They're not pushy about selling you the product or try to get commission out of you. They don't try to do anything they can to get the sale and the service is just exceptional. My wife and I did the installation and it was just a matter of sticking stuff on the doors that took about 10 minutes. I really like the system, especially the cell phone app. It's one of the main reasons I got Frontpoint. The app has made it so much more convenient as I can keep an eye on my house from far away and it tells me when a door is open. It's easy. Like if I forget to set the alarm all I got to do is get on my phone and push a button. My only complaint is the panel is just plugged into the wall and not really mounted, which I might have to hire a contractor to do. Other than that, Frontpoint is better than any security system I've seen and I would recommend it to everybody.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Original review: May 9, 2018

We purchased Frontpoint for our three business location. It was easy interacting with the sales team and they were very professional. The installation was without a hitch as well. At two of the three locations, there was no problem at all. It was a little challenging at the third location but I think that was 'cause we squared up. We went with Frontpoint because of its simplicity. It's what we need and it's not a high expense. It's nice to have the alarm system and we sell high end equipment like huge machines, so it's not like anybody is gonna real steal it. But for insurance purposes we have to have an alert system. One should go check them out.

Original review: May 9, 2018

I got a security system for the general security of my family and the service that I got from Frontpoint has been fairly reasonable. Their representatives have been very polite and helpful. We got a fairly basic system and it is an impressive one. It is nice having an app on my phone that I can activate and deactivate the security system with. The only bump we ever hit with them was some of the glass break indicators or the detectors were little not-well-put-together. It took a lot of tweaking and opening the unit, and adjusting some things on our own to get them to actually work, but once they were up and running everything has worked fine.

Original review: May 9, 2018

I purchased a home security system for a couple of reasons. For one, my insurance company would give me a big discount if I did and two, my wife would like one. We had ADT previously and we had a deal going on but that was a mistake and I'm never going back to them again. On the other hand, the sales guy at Frontpoint was of great help when I called and asked questions. He stayed in contact with me until I finally made my decision.

I've had issues with the alarm system a few times and one day he was telling me something which I didn’t quite understand. It was kind of right this moment and I called him up at around 9 PM. He told me simple instructions and I was able to tell my wife at home who is pretty tech savvy herself and we fixed the issue without any problems. I also like Frontpoint's different services. There was power outage in my area and Frontpoint texted me about that. In contrast, ADT doesn’t tell us anything and they don’t tell us if our system is working or not. But I wish Frontpoint's monthly service fee could be a bit cheaper. Otherwise, it's on par with everything else like the parts themselves. Frontpoint is not overly expensive like ADT was charging.

The installation of our Frontpoint system was relatively easy. It's all double-sided tape stuff and you can do it with the app. I had some questions to make sure I was doing it right and the tech support I spoke to on the phone was able to walk me through without any difficulty. I was able to give them brief descriptions of the house and they told me what would work better in a specific area or what would be crappy. We have a 110-pound chocolate Lab who stayed at home and the Frontier guy said our motion sensor system is gonna be kind of messed up because of that. That saved me from spending the money on the part that I wasn’t gonna use or be useful to me, whereas the ADT guy tried to sell me two of them.

The Frontier sales guy got me the package deal of certain things I wanted like the two smoke detectors but I didn’t need something else. And he was able to tweak the deal and make it financially reasonable to do that. And once I was set with what I needed, I was good to go. It wasn’t like the ADT guy who came up, showed up to install the stuff, drilled in my wall for the panel and said, "Here's the home assessment. In order to truly secure your home you need to buy $10,000 worth of equipment.” I told him that they gave me $2,000 worth of equipment and that’s what they have to put in my home. And for the next half an hour, he told me to make the final choice -- to either install the equipment that I got or take the panel out and leave. Fortunately, at no point did I ever feel pressured or pushed through anything like that with Frontpoint.

Original review: May 9, 2018

When I purchased a home security system, it was mainly for temperature controls when I’m away. I had Frontpoint at another previous residence here in Florida and when I move from one residence to another, I researched all the do-it-yourself carriers because some of the other ones had cheaper monitoring rates. However, when I looked at the reviews, the response time and reliability, those were not as great as Frontpoint so I went back to them. Frontpoint's salespeople were very knowledgeable. I've installed a thermostat control that was not manufactured by Frontpoint but still their technical people walked me through. The installation rep was very efficient and also very knowledgeable. During the actual installation, I went online and the online instructions were excellent then I called Frontpoint to activate the monitor. The installation was great. It’s been a few months now and it seemes to work very well.

I recommended Frontpoint to a neighbor of mine. I told him that if he can read a manual, take off the tape and wind up to two items, it would be pretty easy. Since I have known it before, I customized the features of my system. Frontpoint recommended some complimentary things like the thermostat, door controls, a garage door control and things, I just wish that would be either more comprehensive and that they would say that the only thing that has wave technology they can interface with.

In terms of the system's overall quality, it's been fine. However, there’s a software glitch in it and it’s annoying. I called them once and they fixed it. While that didn't bother me, on my monitor or on my phone, it said, “Phone line interruption” so I thought that my system was not working. I called them and they said that it comes up with that and I didn't have to worry about it. They took it off once and it lasted for a week then it was back on again. Still, it doesn’t have any effect on the system other than when I look at it, it looks like it’s a warning.

Also, finding the temperature controller that would interface with the system that I feel comfortable with and would give me the features that I needed when I was away that tell me when the temperature was too hot or cold was difficult. But once I found one, I called them up to interface it and it was fine. But it would have been easier if they would have provided a list of 20 vendors that all work with their system. Other than that, their customer service has been great and their cost is very reasonable. My wife feels more secure when she's here alone, knowing that she’s got an alarm and a panic button next to the bed if there’s any medical or burglar type of activity. I’ve had Frontpoint on two residences, and I’ve been very happy. Whatever minor problems I ever had with the system, Frontpoint's reliability with their monitoring is on top of the industry.

Original review: May 9, 2018

We always wanted a security system on our primary residence and then we took over my parent's home as a summer residence and so we're not there that often. So that put us to getting a system for both residences at the same time. I had some research and Frontpoint was rated number one. Then I talked with a friend who uses Frontpoint on a few of their homes. We decided to get Frontpoint because of those things and its cost.

My husband did most of the purchasing part but I think it was fairly easy. It was all taken care of over the phone. He felt like he got the system that he needed and at a good price. So, it was good. The installation went smoothly and was pretty easy. My husband just followed along with the instructions and the phone app was super easy. He had questions about adding cameras for our second home since we're not there. We wanted them to see what was going on. So they were able to figure that out. They sent something and there was additional stuff. So it all worked out. And we have a doorbell with the camera but we haven't yet figured out how that works.

Original review: May 8, 2018

We moved from another neighborhood and my alarm system company was going to charge me to move the system and set it up. Then, when we moved again in October to Mississippi, they were gonna charge me another fee. So I decided to use Frontpoint since their system is portable and I can take it with me. The rep who came out worked with me on the price. He did a comparable pricing and he gave me the cheapest. Furthermore, their customer service has been fine. Whenever my husband calls in because he has a problem, they answer all the questions.

I got a pre-selected package and paid in lump sum for it. However, we had to put the system together ourselves and it's not that easy. My husband had a problem but once he called in, they talked him through it and it was fine. What I'm gonna do is, once I move to a home since we're in a rental, I'd get some type of cameras outside. The camera that they gave us was just for one room inside and I need something on the outside as well. Once, I was bringing grocery and I forgot that I had an alarm. The system went off but nobody called. I thought the police was supposed to. So I'm not sure how that works but I'll get that figured out when we get to a home that we're gonna be in. Frontpoint is a good company and I recommend them.

Original review: May 8, 2018

My husband has started traveling a lot with his job, so we kind of live all the way up on a mountain and I wanted some added security when he's not home. My dad has Frontpoint and we went with it as well. Having the system makes me feel a lot more comfortable. Where we live on top of the mountain, we are far away from fire hydrants and things like that, and I have four dogs, which are like my children. So, we have the fire monitors and all that kind of stuff which makes me feel a lot better especially if something happens that I couldn’t leave to get my dogs out. Everything is going so good so far. And I'd definitely recommend Frontpoint.

I also really like the app on my phone and being able to turn it off and on on my phone. That’s my favorite. The system is cheap ‘cause I have a video camera, but I would like to upgrade at some point to the video. And I didn’t do any research, but just from talking to other people, a more traditional system like ADT and all that kind of stuff is pretty expensive compared to Frontpoint which is cheaper. The representatives have been very responsive as well, so everything has been fine. My husband took care of the installation and it seemed easy. He didn’t have any difficulties.

Original review: May 8, 2018

We live in the middle of nowhere and my husband isn't home all the time. We were concerned for my safety so we decided to get a security system. My husband talked to somebody from Frontpoint on the phone and he felt like they sounded good. He was also fairly impressed with how they answered his questions, so he picked them. The installation was easy and pretty simple for my husband and so far, the equipment is good. But our Internet connection is not always so great so it's kinda slow as far as the feed on the cameras. It's not real time and the picture on the security is a little delayed. But that's more of an Internet connection issue than anything else. Other than that, the cost of their service is pretty good. With Frontpoint, I can see people up the driveway and we know that if the alarm went off something would happen. I would tell others we have Frontpoint and hope something like that would work for them.

Original review: May 8, 2018

I had used ADT in the past and they had good reviews. They offered all the same things that Frontpoint offered. It was a bit of a give and take because I didn’t wanna have to install my own stuff because there weren’t installation fees and other setup fees. My initial calculations came out to be very similar products but Frontpoint was not as expensive. I had a lot of interactions with the reps at Frontpoint and they were always very patient and very articulate. They had to be because they also had to coach me through installation and all the different features and testing if there was any kind of malfunction. The staff was always really helpful.

The installation was very straightforward. Some of the pamphlets for the machinery itself were not that clear, but when I called in, the individual was able to provide information that I needed. I've had quite a few pieces that stopped working. I've also had at least two replacement panels and at least one replacement doorknob. Despite the inconvenience of having to troubleshoot those items, it was diagnosed quickly and the replacements got out to me very fast, and I was appreciative of that. Also, even though the representative said that I would get a late fee if I didn’t return my item quickly, I never got a late fee. I would have been vocal if I had gotten one because the machinery breaking is not my problem but theirs. I'm a full time worker, so mailing things back isn't on my priority list until I've got time. When I mailed it back, it was a week or two later and I never got any hassle about it, which I was grateful for.

I like the features of the system and the only feedback I have is the panel is a little dated. I'm active duty, so I move a lot and every home that I buy, I get a security system in it. Most panels that I've had were touch screen and if I was in a home I was renting that had a security system, it was touch screen as well. I like that a little better. Other than that, all of Frontpoint’s features are exactly the same as every other system I've ever had. The cost is comparable for sure, if not, a little less. I was paying $55 for ADT and I pay Frontpoint around $45 or maybe a little less than that. I didn’t have to pay installation or the cost of any of my equipment, which I appreciated. I gave them all my pieces of equipment without any additional fees.

Frontpoint has the smash and crash protection and when someone comes in and disconnects our system, it's not gonna unplug or smash our system and it's not gonna stop it from transmitting. I did the research on it and I got the system several months ago. Other companies don’t check about that because the other companies I've had didn’t offer that feature, so if you didn’t do your own research, you wouldn’t know that. However, Frontpoint is the only company that I've had an issue with regards to having to replace equipment. I've never had to replace a panel before and never had to replace an electronic before, so that was frustrating especially because everything’s done remotely and Frontpoint doesn’t offer technicians.

Within a couple weeks of me having the new doorknob from Frontpoint, it stopped working and decoupled from the system. And because they didn’t have any technicians, they’ve couldn’t have anyone come out and fix it for me. All their troubleshooting was done over the phone. Ultimately, what ended up happening was I paid a kid in my neighborhood $15 to break into my house, which defeats the purpose of having a security system if I can pay a kid 15 bucks to break into my house. That is not in their favor, so if there's an opportunity for them to put technicians and staff, that would increase their net cost.

They could probably look into the quality and put some disclaimers on there like, “This may become uncoupled from your system. It's not unusual for that to happen. Make sure you carry your key with you at all times.” Even so, that only comes with one key. If a friend was looking to stay on a budget but wanted to keep a security system, I'd say go with Frontpoint which offers a lot of the same features as other companies that I’ve worked with and does it on a budget.

Original review: May 8, 2018

We were shopping for a home security system for a new home and we selected Frontpoint for their reputation. The installation was fine and the features were great, we love them. The remote alarm system, like a key thing, and the app were really good. With Frontpoint, our sense of security has been better and we feel very secure.

Original review: May 7, 2018

Before I had Frontpoint, I bought cameras, put them in myself and hooked them up to my computer and a DVR. Compared to that, Frontpoint's security system is pretty good and I love it. Most people from Frontpoint who I talked to have been very helpful too. Plus, anytime I've called, they have been willing to answer my question. After they took me one time on where to go looking in how to hook everything up and how to save everything on the computer, the installation was very simple. I was able to plug and play exactly like they said. And I love the features I have. I'm able to look at my cameras and I'm glad that it has a reminder telling me if I didn't set it. I also love the security of having Frontpoint as well as being able to make sure that my wife is safe, that my dog is all right and that everything is right at home.

Original review: May 7, 2018

I travel once in a while so I thought we'd look into Frontpoint. It wasn't too expensive, it seemed to have the type of monitoring that we were looking for and it was rated high. The installation was easy. Any time I needed to call them when I would install it, they were great. I was talking about the different codes I could use on the unit and about some placement issues and they were helpful. The instructions were good too. I put the door sensors up and it was easy to do.

I wanted the door monitoring so I told them how many doors I had, how many windows we had, and the type of windows we had. They suggested the door monitors and the motion sensors and that was all I needed. I can always upgrade more if I want to later. The only concern I had with them was about the motion sensors. I like to put it up high in a corner of a wall so that it's out of sight but they said that the range might be limited if I do that. However I still haven't had any problems with that. It makes me feel that I'm more secure if I leave home. Especially if I leave with the water sensor, in case we have storms. The water sensor would go off which is helpful and the police and my neighbors would be called if something happens. That makes me feel a little more secure.

Original review: May 7, 2018

We wanted to be secure and know who’s coming home and have a monitor. We purchased a Frontpoint home security system and it’s our first security provider. Compared with others, their offers, the facilities, and the equipment are good. The equipment was mailed to us. Then my husband and I did the installation, which was easy and step by step with the app. We didn’t have to wait for someone to come and do it. The installation instructions were easily understandable. It even had some kind of animations on how to do it.

The quality of Frontpoint’s equipment is worth its cost. It’s nominal and that’s one reason we took the system. I like the features offered too. We customized to have a doorbell camera because whenever someone is ringing the doorbell, we can see who it is and it’s easy for my kids, too. We don’t have to open the door without knowing who it is. I also have a kind of camera that I monitor what’s happening in the living room inside when I’m away from there. Even the camera records the clip in a good resolution.

The functionality of the system is working good whatever it is supposed to do. There was just a minor hitch that I encountered a couple of days wherein I started noticing that the camera was not recording the video. It used to record small clips for the doorbell and right now, it’s not recording. I suspected because of the video clips. Frontpoint could have an indicator somehow. If there is a system that would tell us off when the camera is getting full, it’s useful for us to know ahead and then, remove the old clips out. But Frontpoint is overall satisfactory for me and I would recommend them to my friends. They also handled our situation well. Every time we had an issue and we called up, it was resolved quickly.

Original review: May 7, 2018

My mom chose Frontpoint as my security service provider and my experience with them has been fine. I've been with them for three months now and, so far, the service has been good. The installation was easy.

Original review: May 7, 2018

I had to put in an alarm system for my insurance and I would not have done it if our insurance didn’t require it. I'm in a very safe location and people won’t even know an alarm system was there. Even so, I spoke with several suppliers and Frontpoint was the easiest to work with and they didn’t have certain requirements. They were the best and with them, I didn’t have to have a contract for a certain period of time like the others. When the equipment came, the system was missing a smoke detector. Frontpoint may not have shipped it but as soon as I called them, they shipped the replacement. They were responsive and I wasn’t talking to a bunch of answering machine type. They were also very helpful and followed up with an email. If I had any questions, I could call or email them. I even spoke with the same person directly instead of just getting anybody.

Original review: May 6, 2018

I'm satisfied with Frontpoint. The sales agent was incredible to work with, created a customized solution and walked me through everything so, it was an incredibly easy process. I got it installed for our second home. The installation was very easy and the instructions were foolproof. One of the parts that came was broken and it happened twice. They were very responsive and they gave me about a month off of my bill because of the problem.

I like the features and they're very easy to use. In fact, I'm considering purchasing more pieces. I exclusively use the features through the app. It could look a little bit slicker, but the functionality is very easy. Also, the security system is 100% wireless. In addition, the pricing model is easy. I'm at the top tier and I don't feel I'm getting that much because of the type of things that I have. So I'm paying the same amount that I would if there was set up fees included in other services. I'll have cheaper monthly fee, but I'm happy with where we are. My friends have gone with ADT and have had false alarms in their house which is terrifying. But we've never had anything like that with Frontpoint.

Original review: May 6, 2018

My son had Frontpoint and told me about it. I also went with them and at first, the system was hard to install. So I called them and they helped me to install it very well. I purchased the camera and if I had a dog or pet, I can check it even if I am out of the room or out of town. I have everything going at home. The cost is okay for me so far because nothing has happened. But if something happens someday, it would be worth it. I've had it for five months and I feel good that something secures the things at my home. I'm happy with the experience.

Original review: May 6, 2018

I always had a home security system for protection and security. I had a different provider then I switched to Frontpoint in December. Frontpoint provided me with the options that the other company did not. I was getting more from Frontpoint and paying the same thing I was paying with the other company for less. The day that I installed it, I called them up and they walked me through step by step as exactly what to do. I had problems with the front door camera and the second person that I called told me exactly what to do. I took the control box off the wall, took it to the door and then, reset the doorbell camera. And that worked perfectly. I called them with every little thing when I was installing the system myself and their people did not make me feel like I was a dummy.

I’ve added a camera towards the back of my house and the front door camera. I was away Christmas time and I got two visitors. With the camera, I was able to see who came to my front door and that was important to me. I have an accounting service and I went to the house of one of my clients. I noticed he has Frontpoint and asked him why he got it. He said that because of the fact that you can control it through the internet and customer service was good. I would recommend Frontpoint. I just need to call them up because the front doorbell and the camera went out. I will ask them how to fix those.

Original review: May 6, 2018

My mom encouraged me to purchase a home security system and placed the order for me. I went with Frontpoint for the ease and because I knew how it worked since I grew up with one with my mom. When I signed up with them, it was pretty easy because I was able to do most of it online and everything went smoothly. Then I did a self-installation. Everything was all written down on the website which took me through all the steps so it was really hard to mess it up. If I missed a step, I'd know. The package that I have has a keypad and sensors for the window, one door, and motion. But I don’t use the motion sensor because my dog is too big so he sets it off.

In terms of the quality of the equipment, it's good and it's very inconspicuous. But I've had a couple of issues with the sensors coming on or acting like the door is open when it's not. Like if I turn on the alarm and then I open the door, sometimes it doesn’t register that the door is back shut. I have to adjust it a couple of times and used positioning fixture that it's really immaculately aligned near the wall so there was not a lot of wiggle room for air. Other than that, its cost is worth it to be safe.

Original review: May 6, 2018

All of our neighbors have a home security system and have recommended that we get one too because we have a huge amount of crime in our area. Frontpoint's sales team was very good. We did everything by phone and discussed what we might need and then, placed the order. It arrived via post five days later. They were also very helpful in terms of the advice they were giving and were good at recommending things that we needed without trying to give us things that we didn’t need.

It was the first system that we had. We got the top of the range system with a few additional bits and bolts. The cameras for the front doorbell and room cameras are very good and easy to use. It’s a fairly intuitive system to use and overall, it makes me feel pretty secure. We’ve had a couple of false alarm but it was us really. But there's no fault with the system. It’s just down to us operating it correctly.

The customer's service's speed to pick up the call has been quite impressive as well. For instance, we accidentally set off the smoke alarm once. Within 40 seconds, there was somebody on the phone saying, “Are you okay? Is there a fire? Do we need to call the fire brigade?” However, one little niggly thing that we found is that the stickers for the door sensors and the door sensors themselves were not quite as good as staying where they should be. They tend to come off and flip off quite a lot. But the installation process apart from that was very good and easy.

In terms of the actual value for money, it was pretty good. We have to pay a little bit just because we don’t come from the US. I moved from Europe in the summer last year so we didn't have a credit rating yet. When we initially bought it, there were some special offers which weren’t available. So we had to pay $200 more than what we would have done than other people because the offer was only available if I went through a credit rating process. But I would recommend Fronpoint definitely.

Original review: May 6, 2018

From a large apartment building with security in New York City, I was moving to a home in a midsized town across the country that I wasn’t familiar with and I was warned that for the size of place, there’s high crime. I did some quick research on security systems and a lot of things and I liked that Frontpoint offers their systems over cellular network. This means they weren't tied into the power or the internet which would be easy to just snip from the outside. Also, Frontpoint has more options in terms of plans, payments, scales of features and things like that.

Their reps talked to us about where we were moving and what type of security we were interested in having. They also talked through some of the features and how they worked, and I found them to be really helpful in making me understand that and what made their service unique which kind of jived with what I was seeing in my own research. And from there, I selected features to customize my package. They talked through their approach and their plans of it as well.

Installing the system was super easy and pretty straightforward. I was doing a lot of setup in my new place and this was one of the easier pieces. The system has been working well too. I use the doors and windows much more regularly than I use the motion detectors. That’s more useful for when we’re out and away. The system also gives me sort of layers that I can turn on and off, and I like that. Additionally, I just like knowing the system's there and that our neighbors see from the street that it’s there. Frontpoint works great for us.

Original review: May 5, 2018

We moved to a new area and a lot of our neighbors have security systems. Frontpoint had really good reviews from the Better Business Bureau and they were less expensive that we were able to get about the same equipment and coverage that we would've gotten with another company. Plus, their customer service is great. I called them a million times in three days and they were very patient. And if the person I had been talking to wasn't available, someone else was able to help me right away. They worked with us and they didn't push or sell us more equipment. I asked but they definitely didn't try to sell us stuff that we didn't actually need. Then my husband did the installation and it was relatively easy.

Moreover, Frontpoint's smartphone features are good and they are all I use to set the alarm. We have two little girls and it's hard to set it with that little central box thing then get out of the house in the time. So, I set the alarm from the car once we're ready to go. And while we live in a nice neighborhood and we don't have much to worry about, I feel good knowing that I'm gonna get woken up if there's something going on when I go to sleep.

Original review: May 5, 2018

The Frontpoint system seemed to be easy enough to install and when I requested for additional information from Frontpoint online, I got a call back almost immediately. Their sales team were very informative and helpful. Also, I liked the features offered in the package and I could choose from different things in a mix. But the installation had been a bit more challenging to complete, though there was some information that came with the shipment and resources to call in. Other than that, Frontpoint was definitely more affordable than the system I had when I lived in another state.

Original review: May 5, 2018

I needed a home security system, so I got one and Frontpoint had the top rating among security companies. In dealing with the reps, everything that we've had was good and they did a good job. Frontpoint sent us the parts and the instructions, then my son did the installation of our system and it was fine. The features offered in our system were what I needed. I really would like to have more window sensors, but there's an extra charge for each one and that would make our monthly bill high. I would also like to have more cameras, as I don't have any camera except the one at the doorbell. The Frontpoint smart phone features on my phone are all I use and these are very easy to use.

There have been some changes in my sense of security since having the Frontpoint system in my home. My husband died in November, so I've never been alone and it's very hard to cope with. I'm not quite as surprised as I was before. Also, at the time, I did not know that I could get a water sensor. Then I got one for the hot water heater and it makes me feel much more secure knowing that I'd be notified if a drop of water comes out. I would tell a friend to choose Frontpoint. They've been most helpful and the cost is fine and not too high.

Original review: May 5, 2018

We wanted the security of having a home security system and we've wanted one for quite some time. We moved and bought a new house and decided we'd want to put one in there. We didn't want to pay full fees for installation and all the stuff that’s involved with some of the bigger companies. We wanted a do-it-yourself type of installation so we chose to go with Frontpoint. The sale process was smooth. They gave a lot of informative stuff and we felt pretty good about the purchase. Every time I communicated with them it has been positive. Installation was very easy. The system was set up in about 30 minutes. The quality is good but I wish the monthly payment was a little bit lower because compared to others, it is a little bit high.

Our sense of security has gone up since having the Frontpoint system. We feel good and we're confident when we're not around or if I'm setting it when we stay in the night knowing if somebody would open the door, we have that warning. We’ll probably expand the system a little bit and add more sensors. But so far, the features offered in our system are sufficient for our needs.

Frontpoint Company Information