4.04/5

Need a home alarm?

Frontpoint

Frontpoint does home security differently. By offering complete protection coupled with truly genuine and helpful service, Frontpoint gives customers everything they need and nothing they don’t. All Frontpoint customers get a personalized security solution designed to not only make them feel safe, but feel good, as well.

Every Frontpoint system comes with 100% wireless equipment and 100% cellular monitoring, for no extra charge. Cellular monitoring means a more reliable connection between the home and monitoring center, and wireless means no lines for burglars to cut. Frontpoint also works with you to ensure that every system is customized to fit every customer’s unique home and lifestyle needs. Frontpoint systems are also refreshingly simple, allowing for customers to set up, move or expand systems on their own, at any time.

In addition to intrusion, all Frontpoint monitoring plans include protection against fire, flood, freeze, carbon monoxide and medical emergencies. Also, advanced technology such as remote online access, free mobile apps keep customers in touch and in control at all times, no matter where they are. When consumers compare Frontpoint to the competition, it’s easy to see just what makes them stand out.

View More View More

Need a home alarm?

7693 Frontpoint Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

After researching various home security systems, I chose Frontpoint for their reputation, excellent product & great customer service. Installation was easy & reps were very patient w/ me when I made multiple calls w/ questions. They took as much time as I needed to walk me through the process and I got through right away when calling every time. I am very happy with Frontpoint and feel safer knowing I have the best system. Just an FYI--regarding previous reviews--when cancelling a contract, you will need to 'buy out' of that contract. That is typical of most companies (cell phone, etc.). Frontpoint disclosed that to me upfront. I asked a LOT of questions and found the company very transparent in their business practices. No surprises - just a happy customer. :)

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

I started with Frontpoint in 2015. Customer service was good and they instructed me on exactly where to put my sensors and so I did. Also, my store has many large glass pane windows and they did not advise me to get glass breakers. Almost 2yrs later we had a break in and over $7000 in clothing was stolen. The police were never called because the sensors did not work properly and we did not have glass break sensors. I called and was very angry because of the obvious. They told me it was my fault because I did not place the sensors correctly. I told them I placed them exactly where I was instructed to place them. Then they saw there was an issue with the sensors so they said they would replace them and add 2 free glass breakers so that this would never happen again and give me a free month of service. I regretfully accepted not know many other options.

About a year and a half later which would be about 3 months ago we were broken into again. This time the glass break sensor was triggered but they called me at 6am to ask me if everything was okay. We don't open our store until 10am everyday so nobody would ever be at our clothing store at 6am which they already knew as I told them from the previous break in 2 years prior. I told them that I had no idea if everything was okay because I wasn't there. About 2 to 5 minutes had passed at this point and then the police were notified. It only takes 2 to 4 mins to be robbed and to flee the scene free and clear which I was told by a police officer. The police arrived about 2 mins after the call was made and we lost thousands more in clothing once again.

I called Frontpoint once again very angry. They told me that they had to contact us first before calling the police. "That is ridiculous!" They told me they could set it up where they would contact the police first from that point on. I said great!. A couple weeks later one of my glass break sensors fell off the ceiling due to the heat in the store when we were closed. The sticky strip had got too hot and the sensor fell from the ceiling. I received a call from Frontpoint asking me if everything was okay. They did not contact the police immediately as they said the account had been changed to do in case of any sensor being triggered. Thank God it was a false alarm or I could have been out thousands more.

I finally had enough and searched out a company called Deep Sentinel. They are cameras that monitor and prevent theft or a break in. They work amazing! I had someone messing around on the porch of our store and they came across the speaker immediately and the person left our property. I decided to cancel Frontpoint since the new company is turning out to be a great investment. Today I called to cancel service. I waited on hold for over 25 minutes which has never happened before and then I was told I would be billed for another month because there is a 30 day notice that has to be given. I did not decide to write this review not because of bad customer service. I tried to give the company several chances at the expense of losing thousands of dollars. If you value your business please look for a different company. I recommend Deep Sentinel!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

Worst company I've ever dealt with! After a medical emergency my finances struggled for 2 months. Frontpoint ran my checking account 7 times in one month, no phone calls or emails asking why the charge didn't go through or notifying me of an issue. I've been told that it's my problem and they're unwilling to do anything to make things right.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

Frontpoint's window sensors are garbage. My family and I have been woken up 7 times from false alarms over the past 2 1/2 years. All the false alarms have happened from 2am-3am. Try going back to sleep after that! My kids have nightmares that there's a burglar breaking into our house. I tried breaking our contract after the 3rd false alarm, but you're locked into their contract. I can't wait until my contract is up.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

I just want to come on here and express many issues I've had lining up with my Frontpoint account. I was locked into a 3 year contract was not reviewed with me when I signed up over the phone. The sales person emphasizes on monthly payment only. I proceeded to call and contact customer support and I kept getting referred to different departments and finally was promised that someone would help me resolved the issue. I just didn't have the energy to continue to talk to more people and getting the run around so I paid every single month for to finish out my 3 year contract.

July 31st 2019 was the last day of my contract and when I logged into my account today to verify that everything was cancelled - I found there was YET another charge on my account. I called customer service and they said I have been charged because my account is now a month to month basis now that my contract has ended (again never disclosed of this information). The customer rep refused to help accommodate my need when I ask if he could make adjustments because I feel like I've been tricked into a 3 year contract and now stuck to paying yet another month.

I asked to speak with a supervisor and he said no one else is available to talk to me but him and his coworkers in his department. No manager, supervisor or anyone else. He continue to say that it's my fault I did not know my account defaulted to month to month. I am so disappointed in Frontpoint and the customer service I have received. I just want to share with everyone so people are clear of how they operate and treat their customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I’ve now had Frontpoint for over a year, at first things started off great and they were helpful, but things quickly changed. I’m a student who has been finishing my last credits for school, I’m finally moving because I was offered a job out of school. I will be moving into a family home and just renting a room there, the family has had another security provider for years and they told me they didn’t not want to change service. I called to cancel knowing I was in a contract but hoping to be able to work the with company or come to a middle ground. I was told I either had to pay over $600 or keep the service. And that’s it. There was no way to work with me, no way at all he could help me, so I asked to speak with a manager, Ty, then lied to me not once but twice and told me his department had no managers and there was no department above him at all.

I told him I felt that couldn’t be true but he insisted. I then asked to speak to another department manager and he told there was no way to be transferred to Another department even. So I had to hang up, call back, wait on hold, until I was able to get ahold of a customer service manager who informed that the cancelation department DOES in fact have managers. So at this point, I’ve very upset, because I’m being lied to! I was then transferred back to cancellations where I was Barraza’s my another very aggressive agent who laughed at me and told me “moving was a choice” Even though I tried explaining that I’m a student, and just got a job, and moving was not just a “choice.”

I’m never felt so disrespected by a company in my life. And I feel like there is no one in the company who can even help me because they refuse to even transfer me to someone who can! I now have not been using the system because I feel so uncomfortable. So I’m forced to pay for it even though I’m moving, can’t use the service, and have tried multiple times to reach out to the company for assistance. They clearly encourage lying and bullying in the “customer service” here and I’ve made a complaint to BBB. Just stay away from this company so you don't have to be lied and taken advantage of!

Original review: July 30, 2019

The equipment/System is very easy to install and configure and is very reliable. Exceptionally good configurable options such as text messaging, custom warnings, etc. Customer service is always very helpful.

Original review: July 29, 2019

Seemed too good to be true, and it was. A friendly customer representative asked a few questions and a few days later we received a kit with supposedly everything we needed to fully alarm our house. After many frustrating hours and 2 pleading phone calls we were eventually sent the extra pieces of kit needed to cover our house. If I hadn't lost my temper I would have already needed to pay extra before we even started the installation. When we started to test the kit we realized that the panel was woefully out of date and severely limited. Everything we needed was only available on an upgraded and more expensive panel. We started using the alarm and, after a couple of false alarms and warnings from the city that we were about to face a fine, thought things were finally going to work out. Then, after the first month, the smart phone app features disappeared.

We were told that, in the contract small print, we were warned that this was another upgraded feature that we'd need to pay extra for. After several complaints we were given an option to buy ourselves out of our contract, but the price was almost the same as if we stayed locked into the contract. Frontpoint tried to blame everything on the company they use to monitor the alarms. Unbelievable. We have less than a year to go now until the contract ends. Thank goodness. Avoid this company. Simplisafe seem similar and so much better.

Original review: July 21, 2019

I've had Frontpoint for about 7 months now and there's always something wrong! My front door randomly goes offline, the hub needed to be replaced just after installing it, I'm unable to arm the system from my phone, and more. The system was easy to set up and they sold me on the great prices but receiving error messages about my home's security system while I'm across the country is the most uncomfortable thing you could imagine! I tried to cancel my system and they said I'd be charged over $1,000 or 80% of my remaining contract. Their solution was to keep calling customer service when something goes wrong and I honestly don't have the patience to call and troubleshoot with them every other week. I'd really just like for the system to work.

Original review: July 20, 2019

I was a Frontpoint customer for several years. When I decided to cancel my account, I did everything required and was told that my account was successfully closed. I then started getting past due notices for charges. I called Frontpoint and was told that my account was closed and that I should ignore the messages. They kept coming. I wrote to Frontpoint and got written confirmation that there were no outstanding charges on my account. Then I got a threatening notice that I was going to get referred to a collection agency. I finally paid them for a bill that I didn’t owe and they couldn’t explain just to close the issue, but there are enough good security systems out there. I’d avoid Frontpoint.

Frontpoint Company Information