4.0/5 (2044 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About Frontpoint

Frontpoint offers wireless home security packages with professional monitoring and app-based control. New customers work with Frontpoint representatives to find a personalized security solution for their home. Systems come preprogrammed and are designed for easy, do-it-yourself installation. Customers can try a Frontpoint home security system risk-free for 30 days.

Pros

• Month-to-month service available
  • Compatible with Alexa and Google Home
  • Build-your-own system option

Cons

• No professional installation option
  • No lifetime warranty on equipment

Bottom Line

Frontpoint security systems offer high-tech equipment and 24-hour professional monitoring. If you don’t mind installing it yourself, a Frontpoint alarm system could be a smart option for home protection.

Frontpoint Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Original review: July 26, 2021

I have had a Frontpoint alarm system for the past 9 years. The equipment has mostly worked well; however, recently contacting technical support resulted in reaching voicemail on several occasions, then one must wait up to several hours for a callback. In addition, I have placed emergency calls to technical support and have not received a call back resulting in issues with the equipment not functioning properly. Frontpoint Security used to have very good support, but no longer provided good technical support.

Original review: July 20, 2021

Before I got Frontpoint I had CPI. I put my Frontpoint system in as it's a do-it-yourself so I feel a lot more comfortable with it. Everything was good with the installation and the technicians. I feel good about the equipment I have.

Original review: July 13, 2021

After having had a good experience with this security system in my parents' home. Everything has gone from bad to worse. From the customer service, which I used to love to the way their products work. The window and door sensors are constantly offline which means you are not protected. You have to repeatedly call for the same issues and spend hours on the phone on top of running up and down all around the house testing your sensors that don't work and repeating these steps every few weeks. Whether or not you're upgrading from an old to a new system, all systems, especially the new ones should work at least 90% of the time, which is not the case anymore with Frontpoint. If it wasn't for my contract I would have cancelled my service long ago.

Original review: July 12, 2021

We've been very happy with Frontpoint's service. We initially got them when we lived in Maryland back in 2016. They were very good during the installation. When we went to Hawaii, we didn't need it and they were very good about letting us out of our contract. We explained that we were retired military and we were gonna go be living on federal property. Then we came back in 2019 and went with them again ‘cause we liked the service before. I did call another company to compare but the biggest factor for me was, at the time, the other company was still pushing a landline and we haven't had a telephone line in almost 10 years. It sounded a lot more complicated and I wasn't gonna get a house landline just so I could have a security system, whereas everything with Frontpoint is cellular. Even if there's a power outage, they have a backup system.

If you have any questions, it's relatively easy to get hold of an actual person instead of a machine and a million options. I'm the kind of person that sometimes I just wanna talk to a human being when we’re having an issue and they're very responsive. If you have a sensor that isn't connecting or isn't hooked, they're very good about saying, “We're gonna send you a new one. Just return the old one.” When we travel, we know the house is secure. Also, if I'm home in the evening and there's any attempt to break in, we have notification. If there’s a smoke, the alarm goes off too.

Original review: July 11, 2021

It has been a strange experience with Frontpoint only because the actual brain of the alarm system never worked properly. The box has always been blinking since I've had it. It's been blinking on and off from one color to the other. I don't know if it connects to one of the cellular antennas so that cellular connection has never worked. But every time I called, the reps said move it from one location to another because of the interference. I do that and regardless of where it is, it has never worked. I also get dropped connections periodically from certain locations, whether it be the master bedroom, the dining room or the office.

Original review: July 10, 2021

Frontpoint is little bit more expensive on my monitoring compared to the other systems that I had. Other than that, the equipment's great and the response has been fine. I'm very satisfied.

Original review: July 9, 2021

The system is easy to use and understand and I definitely feel secure with it. We had recently tried to get an upgrade to the 5G network but the equipment wasn't available. There was some difficulty in the delivery of the equipment.

Original review: July 8, 2021

The reps at Frontpoint have been helpful in walking us through the setup. Every time we've called and talked to one, we've never had any issue. We do feel more secure with Frontpoint and I will recommend them.

Original review: July 7, 2021

Frontpoint is said to be one of the top-rated security companies and they did security on military sites. I decided that it might be a good option. Plus, the equipment was an easy setup. We've been involved with Frontpoint for five years now and we have been well satisfied with the way the system works. One time, we accidentally set the fire alarm off and we got a call immediately. We had many people knocking on the door wanting us to switch out our system and change to something else, but we have seen no need to do so. Frontpoint's equipment and service are very good. I've told people that we use Frontpoint and would recommend it.

Original review: July 6, 2021

I was able to install the Frontpoint system myself and set it up. The installation was super easy. The reps have been phenomenal and they do a great job with me. We have an ongoing issue with the battery and they sent me another one free of charge. Other than that, the system is very reliable. We monitor it. We see any activities while we're here or while we're coming home or while we're leaving. It gives very good peace of mind and sense of security.

Frontpoint Company Information