2.3/5 (62 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About Frontpoint

Frontpoint offers wireless home security packages with professional monitoring and app-based control. New customers work with Frontpoint representatives to find a personalized security solution for their home. Systems come preprogrammed and are designed for easy, do-it-yourself installation. Customers can try a Frontpoint home security system risk-free for 30 days.

Pros

• Month-to-month service available
  • Compatible with Alexa and Google Home
  • Build-your-own system option

Cons

• No professional installation option
  • No lifetime warranty on equipment

Bottom Line

Frontpoint security systems offer high-tech equipment and 24-hour professional monitoring. If you don’t mind installing it yourself, a Frontpoint alarm system could be a smart option for home protection.

Frontpoint Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Original review: May 9, 2022

Company advertised that there is a 30 day cancellation policy. This is misleading because if you cancel after you are charged for the month, you owe an additional month. I cancelled my agreement on December 3rd so ended up paying for that full month (28 days) and the next month (31 days). So glad that I switched to the #1 home security provider that has a cheaper monthly rate and more advanced equipment.

Original review: May 9, 2022

I got a motion sensor and a door switch Frontpoint. I don't like that with their app, if somebody was to be able to break into my Wi-Fi and then be able to get into the iPad, after six tries, the system locks itself out for a minute. After six more tries, the system locks itself out for an hour. Well, if I'm a persistent burglar and I want to get through this system, I’d keep hacking it until I come up with the right pass combination. To make it more bulletproof, after four missed attempts of trying to get your passcode in, the system should automatically lock out and the owner needs to contact the factory or Frontpoint and get them to unlock the system. But the home security system does its job. Frontpoint met satisfaction.

Original review: May 8, 2022

We had some device issues and Frontpoint had great customer service with troubleshooting and sending replacement. I like the features of the system. The camera is a little lagged but it could be the internet service that we have. There’s an issue with logging into the app to get the camera, which we need to call them about. Because it’s lagging, it’s not moving fast. There’s a delay. So, if someone comes and rings the doorbell, and by the time we get to door, get to pull it up, they probably already walked off, because there’s a lag in it. But other than that, the installation process was fine. We set the system up ourselves. We called Frontpoint through customer service and they walked us through everything. They didn’t rush anything. It was always pleasant.

Original review: May 7, 2022

The customer service was smooth and the installation, which I did myself, wasn't difficult at all. But Frontpoint’s front video camera is not as efficient as I've seen others. Plus, it makes me feel like I should have gone with someone else. It doesn't always record when there's motion. It seems like it only records during certain times during the day and stops recording after 7:00 PM.

Original review: May 6, 2022

Everything was very smooth when I signed up with Frontpoint. It was very easy and simple to install and I haven’t had any issues. I didn't realize though that my doorbell didn't work. So, I have to get my doorbell working before I can do the doorbell camera. I’m happy with Frontpoint. I like it.

Original review: April 25, 2022

I have been trying for months to cancel my service. Each time you call it takes them 2 days to call back and they do it at 10pm. When you are available for the call back they say they will send you an email to cancel but never actually send the email. I am going on 2 months trying to cancel without success. Will work with cc company to stop payments and request refund. I have never spent so many hours/days/weeks attempting to cancel any other type of service in my life.

Original review: April 18, 2022

I used the first Frontpoint security system for about two years. It worked okay in three apartments during that time. Then, I moved to a place where the door frame didn’t line up exactly right. Frontpoint is a self service system, so be aware that if you can’t figure out how to get the equipment to work, you’ve signed a contract you can’t get out of without paying termination fees on. I waited on hold for “extended wait times,” as Frontpoint “responded to COVID-19.” I basically memorized their hold recording. (They are still “responding to COVID-19” in mid-2022, apparently not wanting to hire sufficient staff to answer all their phone calls of customers needing help).

In any case, I never got the system to work and had upgraded it to the newest model. When I finally got through, the answer was for me to use extra adhesive to try to stick the sensors to the wall in light of the placement of the door frame. Needless to say, it wouldn’t stick on or stay on. Wasted money on both the new system and also the contract since now I have equipment that doesn’t work here.

On top of that, I had false alarms going off early in the morning, (due to not getting the sensors properly placed) disturbing the nearby apartment building neighbors before I got the insight that I needed the extra adhesive on the sensor. It was so loud that I never wanted to turn it back on again, but having paid the money on it, had decided to try. I couldn’t get the alarm to turn off following the directions. Frontpoint said sometimes if you try over and over, it won’t work to turn it off. Luckily, they answer the phone for help with false alarms. I’m currently on hold for 45 minutes and waited more than an hour on hold last week before giving up. I’m trying to get the account straight since I had suspended it for three months, unable to use it. I would not recommend this company unless you are confident the equipment matches your setup at home and you don’t mind false alarms and setting it up yourself.

Original review: April 18, 2022

Buyer Beware!! This is one of the worst companies I have ever dealt with. They were fine in the beginning but when things go wrong they are awful and when you try to cancel it gets even worse. We have had constant problems with either monitoring or their equipment. If you complain about the monitoring they tell you they contract that out and it isn't their fault. They called me once about an alarm and asked for one of the phone numbers on the account for verification, I gave them four numbers including the one they called me on and they told me that none of them are right. I got charged $50 for that.

The equipment is constantly malfunctioning and again, if you call them, they tell you you will need to fix it yourself or they will send out a part that you have to pay for. I get multiple emails daily telling me that this window or that door show a tamper when I am the only person here or we are all sitting watching TV. I have 100s of emails detailing all the problems.

I signed up with a better company and called Frontpoint to cancel. They would not cancel over the phone and told me I had to create a login and password for my account to cancel. I did that and tried to cancel but they would not cancel my account unless I entered a credit card and paid them an additional month. This is why they won't do it over the phone for you. They kept referencing a contract, but I do not have a contract with them and am on a month to month basis. I just paid them 14 days ago, so they are already getting an extra 2 weeks from me. I refuse to pay them 60 days for a service I don't have and don't want and am under no legal obligation to provide. I have filed a BBB complaint against them.

Original review: March 31, 2022

So far, so good. There were a few minor glitches but nothing that hasn't been corrected. There were some of the sensors that were not working correctly initially but that was taken care of over the phone. They were very helpful.

Original review: March 23, 2022

We began using Frontpoint in Feb 2018. In making the decision, the fact the company is based in Virginia played a large part in us choosing to use them. Let me say the Emergency response & Call Center is perfect. They are on top of your protection when needed. However, the business side of this company is one of the absolute worst I've ever dealt with! I truly do not know how they function as a business!

As we were preparing to relocate to another state I started calling Frontpoint in December 2021 to cancel our subscription. Each time I called I was placed on hold and forced to listen to the same "due to C19 we are working very hard to ensure the safety of our customers and employees. Someone will be with you as soon as possible." This aired every 15-30 seconds. There were times I stayed on hold for up to 45 minutes and no one ever answered. This went on multiple times between December 2021 and January 2022.

In sheer desperation I sent emails to tech support and asked them to have someone call me. I also called the emergency line (at least they answer the phone!!!) in the hopes they could get someone to reach out to me. All of this attempt to cancel a service that I was NOT under contract with was to no avail. So as of January 31, 2022 our account was paid in full to that date and we left VA, leaving the equipment for the new property owners. I canceled the auto draft payment with the bank and away we went.

I hadn't thought anymore about this company until the beginning of March, when what do you know someone actually called me back! LOL. But it was only because they wanted payment for February and March! SMDH. I explained the situation very nicely to the first several callers and each time was placed on hold to be transferred to an "Account Specialist!" Or want me to call back and ask for an A.S. Needless to say I stayed on hold as long as I was going to with this company! They have wasted TOO MUCH TIME IN MY LIFE! When I tell you I have been placed on hold an estimated 5 hours I am not exaggerating.

Each time someone calls me they are not qualified to handle this "situation." They place me on hold and try get me to "someone who can help me." Apparently that person doesn't exist at Frontpoint! So last week someone contacted me on Monday and they were going to have an AS contact me on Tuesday. Cool!! Let's get this resolved & move on!! But why they cannot understand that I didn't use the service, am not under contract, tried to cancel, and am not paying another dime, and close the account - I simply don't know.

Well.... I got a call.... on Friday!! When I was not available. Smh. So on Tuesday, the following week, this snotty little man "Richard" calls me and tries to lay a guilt trip because I was not available to talk with their AS when they called on Friday! At this point I began speaking Construction Worker, with a twinge of Sailor, and overtone of Redneck Biker!!!!

I'm so disgusted with this sorry, pathetic excuse for a company I don't care if they turn it over to the credit bureau. I'll not pay another dime to this company. I'm not answering another phone call and listening to anyone else with their snotty holier than thou attitude, and I for ** sure am not being placed on hold for another second of my life for them! Steer clear of this company!

Original review: March 17, 2022

I picked Frontpoint and when I was purchasing the system, they were helpful. The system does what they said it would do, and that's what we wanted it to do. It has an app where I could control it from there. As far as getting it set up, it was straightforward. Out of the box, the instructions were good.

Original review: March 16, 2022

The system is perfect. The minute the alarm went on, Frontpoint's security system department got ahold of it and the police were contacted right away. I can’t have it in a parliament complex though. The kids come in and out, and they don't turn it off. It rings so loud and alerts everyone.

Original review: March 13, 2022

System is highly functional, Pricing very fair. However none of this means anything if nobody answers the phone, or if you leave a call back number, still no call. They have a serious problem with any kind of phone support, which you are paying for!!!

Original review: March 11, 2022

I have used Frontpoint for nearly four years now. I am moving and need to cancel the service. They make it impossible to reach anyone by phone. There also is not an online option to cancel services. After days of being on hold and entering call back request, I finally received call back. I was then told if I had called 11 days earlier (in Feb) prior to the start of the current calendar month they could waive the final month fee (April). However, since I hadn't attempted to reach them in February, I would have to pay the April fee. I of course was upset as it seems they are capable of waiving the fee when they want. I am being forced to pay for a service for an entire month when I would not be living in the house or using the service. I then requested an alternative way to pay them because there are many online reviews of customers being overcharged when they canceled. They refused to provide me with alternative means to pay them.

Original review: March 9, 2022

Been a customer with Frontpoint since 2013. It was a good company until 2020 (remember 'pandemic'). Started having an issue with the system (at the time I didn't know what it was). This was the beginning of a bad migraine. EVERY TIME I called, I would either talk to a human, which would transfer me to a recording OR it would automatically give me the recording. I would leave a message, or not to bother leaving one. One evening I received a call back. I was in another part of the house and didn't hear the phone. As soon as I found out Frontpoint had called, I returned the call only to have it go to voicemail. I was done! I had it with this company! Why am I paying for a system that was useless and couldn't talk to a live person to remedy my situation???

I called my bank and explained the situation. Placed an indefinite hold on the payment. No one, and I mean NO ONE bothered to contact me, either through phone or email!! Fast forward to March 2022. Out of the blue, Frontpoint FINALLY calls me!!! Krista ** is her name. Wants to know if I would like to close my account. Of course! But, and I mean BUT, "In order to close your account, you have to have your account paid up." We went back and forth. So, right now, I am at a standstill. I need to think what my next move is going to be.

Original review: March 1, 2022

I have had the service for almost 5 years. Equipment is obsolete after about 3 years, but still performs the basic function. I decided to cancel and it is a total nightmare! They only give you one number to call, no other means of cancellation. So I tried to call and it has been over 2 hours and still no agents. There are many complaints about their cancellation process. The funny thing is all their social media isn't really theirs. I tried to see them on Facebook and Twitter, but it doesn't really go anywhere.

There is a good discussion on the cancellation process on Reddit. Many have had the same issue. It reminds me of AOL not allowing its older customers to cancel. I am trying through email with these addresses for others to try too: Support@frontpointsecurity.com, WeCare@frontpointsecurity.com. Their Chat doesn't help either, they just try to get you to call and wait on the phone. No call back feature either! I am shocked that they would treat me this way after 5 years. I don't usually write reviews like this, but I just wanted to share my experience with others. Good luck out there and be forewarned on cancellations!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2022

I signed on with Frontpoint about three years ago when DIY security was still new. At the time, their services were fairly priced and the equipment was reasonable. They had pretty good reviews. It has been a complete catastrophe dealing with this company in the past few years. The equipment broke roughly three years after I purchased it. Three of the sensors broke down completely and our security panel battery expanded in the back, leaving the panel open and sending false alarms for which I would be charged $60 when security was dispatched. Troubleshooting and customer service call wait times are upwards of an hour. And callbacks were never returned. So I never found the time to make the call to the department I would have to in order to get my equipment updated.

When I had another false alarm mishap as a result of broken equipment and was charged another $60, and, during the same week, notified that equipment upgrades would require an additional $65 charge, I decided to switch to Ring. The Ring system was a delight in comparison. Easy to install, reasonably priced and easy to contact when I had trouble. When I decided to call Frontpoint to cancel, I was on hold for 1.5 hours after which I was told I would need to email to cancel my account. I still have not received a response to that email. I will likely have to claim a fraudulent charge through my bank in order to cancel the recurrent fees. Frontpoint is poorly managed at best and a complete con at worse. Stay far away from them.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2022

They have very long wait times for help with their service. Then when you want to cancel you wait many hours for someone to talk to you. Service sucks! I have been with them for 3 years and never have they answered in a timely manner.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

I've been with Frontpoint for about 4 years. When Covid began, I was still required to pay my bills contracted with them, but when things go wrong---and they do, believe me...like alarms going off for no reason, sensors going off as well, equipment installation issues. And when you try to reach out for support on these things, no one is EVER available. It's two years now and still not enough people to respond to calls. It certainly doesn't make you feel safe, but as you've already spent the money on the whole system, you begin to realize that you're stuck with a bad product until you can afford a whole new system that has professional ethics. I do not recommend them at all. Find a big company that actually hires people to monitor and give help, not some guy's idea of a company used to just take as much money on product as possible with as little service as possible.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

Terrible customer service. I had to wait on calls for hours for every inquiry. Often did not even receive a call back. Notified Frontpoint in writing of my cancellation. Refused to cancel and close out the account. Disputed the charges with my CC company and won, but am now being billed by My Alarm Center. I called My Alarm Center and they said I would have to contact Frontpoint directly, which is seemingly impossible to do. Do Not Use Frontpoint -My Alarm Center. Started off 10+ years ago as company that cares for customer service and the customer but is clearly a company that cares only for $.

Update.. after four call back requests, I finally received a call back from an agent who was unwilling to even explore possible remedies to potentially resolve a payment method concern. I neglected to get his name, so when "Jarrod" another agent who was able to reference the prior called back he said that "as per his supervisor he was unable to give me that information". I asked to speak with supervisor and he responded "his direct supervisor does not take calls from the public." So glad I'm finally free of Frontpoint! Never again.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

We have been long time customers with Frontpoint and the customer service has gone from 5 stars to 1 star. If you are looking for a system, they will sell you but try to get out of their service and it's hard to cancel. I've spent 5+ hours trying to reach a representative to cancel our service. I did reach someone who supposedly sent an email to cancel that I never received. Had to call back and wait again, get disconnected and wait again. Once I reached a rep, I now have to pay for another 30 days of service!!!! Walk the other way and choose another company. Customer service used to be great but is now horrible.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2022

I've had to call them a number of times the last several weeks and the customer service is unbelievably horrible! Each time I had to wait more than 3 hours for a call back from them. More recently, I've been trying to set up new equipment and I had to call customer service since the Chat person couldn't help me - he said I showed 8 door sensors when I only have 4. I'm now on 3 hours and counting. Do they expect you to wait all day at home? I've left my phone number several times and still have not received a call back. I did try to set it up through the app, but was not successful at all with that. Their technology is HORRIBLE as well as their customer service. Do NOT sign up with them. I wish I was with SimpliSafe now!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2022

I recently moved from West Virginia to New Mexico and I have been trying to cancel my account with FrontPoint for two months, and extensively for the past three days. You can't cancel via the portal, email, text, or automated phone, you have to talk to an actual representative. They give you a number to call and you never get through. Oddly enough you can NEVER get through to that person, and in the meantime they keep billing you. And oh by the way, the billing people have no problem calling you! What a racket, FrontPoint was once a company I relied on but now they seem like a bunch of crooks that will never let you quit their overrated and overpriced service.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

Warning, do not purchase a system from them. They are not there for any questions or concerns. I was on hold for 35 minutes and still haven't gotten an agent on the phone. You can hear the recorded message stating that it's due to covid 19. I call BS on this! Get the hell back to work and service your customers!!!!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

I had purchased a home in April of 2021. I talked to a Frontpoint sales and decided to purchase their home security system with a doorbell camera. So start on no customer service. I had never received equipment. After getting moved into my home and never seeing equipment I have made many calls to customer service. Every time I have called I sit on hold for average of 2 to 3 hours and most of the time get disconnected. I have put in for callback and never received a callback. So 8 months later and 7 months of being billed for service I can not access. I have sent emails with no response. I have made calls with no response. I am being charged and have no way to get in contact with frontpoint. So I am out over $500 which grows monthly. I feel like this company is stealing from me and I have no way to get resolution.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2021

Horrible security system. The alarm doesn't work and sets itself off. We have been trying to cancel and the customer service is the worst. I have called to cancel many times and I'm left on hold for over an hour easily. The phone just hangs up after a certain point. This company is garbage. I would never recommend this company not even to my worst enemy.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

I have been a Frontpoint client for 7 years. The first 2 or 3 were OK. Not much interaction and their equipment seemed to work as intended. The problem started when I started having false alarms. Sometimes it was my fault (forgot to disarm it). The problem is that even though I disarmed the alarm at the panel, the disarming notification never got to the central office, so they called and if they got no answer, they dispatched the police. I had 3 emergency numbers in my file for them to call. They only called one and if they got no answer, they dispatch the police. This happened to me twice. I had to pay fees worth about $500. Now (Dec, 2021) it happened again, except this time, there was no alarm sound. The police showed up at 1:30 AM, woke me up.

The system (panel) had crashed and I received an email from Frontpoint saying so. I was given a contact (Dwayne **). I wrote and email with explanation and proof that their system had crashed. His reply, "It is Frontpoint Security’s policy that we do not refund false alarms. Frontpoint Security attempted to contact the numbers on the account during the alarm event. No refund will be issued in regards to this alarm event. Please test your control panel to make sure the siren activates during an alarm event". Notice "attempted to contact the numbers..." .

Unfortunately, I had signed up for 3 years after one of these false alarm events because they offered me a discount (to prevent me from leaving). I took the bait, to my regret. Now, I would have to pay them all owed money till the end of the 3 year period plus 80% penalty for cancelling early. I would definitely recommend you look somewhere else. This is NOT a company that cares about their clients and their equipment is NOT reliable. I had to pay $267 to the City for that last false alarm.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

Been on the phone for 2 hours so far and have yet to speak to a real human. Only way to cancel service is to call and wait. This is a process that can be easily automated and is left this way to frustrate people into keeping the service and continue paying. Horrible business practice. It's easier to get a hold of the IRS. Been a customer for over three years, past the terms of my contract, have had failed sensors and malfunctions while away from the home. I want a more reliable service for less money per month.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

Frontpoint is difficult and expensive to cancel. I have spent hours on hold and transferred to numerous reps. It has been over 2 months since I discontinued service and they are still charging my credit card. I am being told that I need to initiate a new cancelation and will be billed for yet another month because they require a 30 day notice and do not prorated. Frontpoint will not cancel until you both call and then process an online cancelation request. After wasting 4 hours yesterday attempting to initiate my second cancelation request, I did not receive the Email with required link to process the cancelation. Now I will need to spend hours on hold again today.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2021

I went to cancel after 7 years of non communication. Except one time I tried to reach out to lower my bill which didn't happen. I called Oct 15 to cancel account. There was no answer. I was told after I realized a week had gone by and I called back because they aren't calling you until you call them again. If you like phone tag this company and their customer service is for you.

So I find out a week before I am moving I have to sign a contract with them concerning their cancellation so I can get into an account I have to create to cancel my service. So 3 days later with phone tag in the middle of moving out of the house. I have to create a Frontpoint account which I didn't even know was available to me because NO One let me know in 7 years. Then I am sent a 72 hour email to actually cancel my account and before I cancel I have to check a box that says I will pay an additional 3O days. But wait!! They send me a big only $19.99 if I were to stay in my face! It's been a very hard time moving and Frontpoint made as bad as they can to cancel. B ** Selah, Wa

Frontpoint Company Information