Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.66/5

Frontpoint does home security differently. By offering complete protection coupled with truly genuine and helpful service, Frontpoint gives customers everything they need. All Frontpoint customers get a personalized security solution designed to make them feel safe.

Frontpoint Call Now Toll Free (833) 419-5396 Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

Frontpoint Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Original review: Nov. 6, 2020

If you are considering using their security system, this is not the company for you. I entered into a contract with Frontpoint when my elderly dad refused to move in with me after a fall. Never make a purchase when you are emotional! From day one, we had trouble getting the system to upload. My dad lived in a rural area, (no Internet) which we were told we would not need. We could use our mobile phone to activate the system. Multiple calls to Frontpoint to no avail. Only to be told to upload the app and follow instructions. I always felt like they had too few staff and too many calls. We could only get the system to upload to 2% and it would freeze. Time passed and I realized I was still paying for a system that didn't work. Eventually, the sensors on the doors could not be detected when I turned the system on, during one of many attempts to get it to work.

I contacted Frontpoint in Feb. 2020 via phone call to cancel my account and was informed it had to be in writing. I emailed them and did not receive a response. I checked the reviews for this company and was surprised to find I wasn't alone. The details to cancel my account was found in the reviews. I mailed a letter to Frontpoint and received an email from Molly **. I called Ms. **, but never receive a return call. The only way to correspond with her was through email. Her final response was as follows, "I understand you have not activated the system, however our system and agreements are not usage based. You are still liable for the contract term, whether or not you utilize the system." When I asked her to provide me with the name and number of her supervisor, that was the end of our communication.

I stopped the automated bank withdrawal for the monthly payments which was the way to get Frontpoint to call. My emergency contact and I received daily calls regarding non-payment. Several weeks later they honored her request to stop calling her. Their only concern was receiving payment not that their system didn't work. With each call, I would explain the situation and they were sympathetic and would offer to transfer me to someone who could help because there was nothing they could do. Somehow, that person was never available to answer the phone.

Finally, I was contacted by Rey **, who seemed sympathetic, but there was nothing he could do. I had paid $800+ for non-service, to no fault of anyone because I should have cancelled the service immediately. They required another 30 day notice to cancel my account, plus $** and the past-due amount. I was so disappointed and determined not to give them another penny. I assumed they would turn my account over to collections or ding my credit report, but Frontpoint continued putting charges through to my bank in different amounts. I had to change the request not to pay them to include any amount from them.

Today, I discovered they had charged two separate amounts to my credit card, five days apart. I used my credit card when I signed the contract, but never gave them permission to keep the card on file. I assume they finally realized they had it. I have since cancelled that credit card and changed my bank account information. My experience leads me to believe the positive reviews have been created by their staff. I don't fault the employees, but I do hope they find a better place to work. Clearly, customer service nor customer satisfaction is a concern for this company. Once you sign the contract, you are on your own.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2020

I signed up with Frontpoint back in 2014. I had zero problems with any crime, but they were very responsive when I had false alarms. However, one night we had a false alarm that lead to police showing up pounding on our door while we were asleep. The alarm was going off but was not loud enough to wake us up or our dogs that slept in our room. The next day, we reached out to Frontpoint to find a solution. They offered their new “hub” as long as I renew my 3 year agreement. I had no plans to switch companies, so I agreed.

The new hub did not work for our house. Sensors would report open when they were closed no matter where the hub was located. Their support team was very helpful throughout, but could not solve this issue. We settled with going back to our old alarm panel with a compatible z-wave siren and 3 months of free monitoring if I kept my 3 year agreement in place.

A few months later, we had another false alarm and saw that the siren did not go off. We called into technical support and they said they discontinued z-wave compatible devices. Frustrated, I spoke to the account manager (Jordan) and expressed the concern that I have a system that will not alert me if triggered and my 3 year agreement should be voided. He understood and said he would need manager approval to allow me to go month to month.

A month later, I received an email from Jordan saying if I pay back the 3 months, I can be month to month with my agreement. After 3 phone calls and 5 emails over a month, Jordan was non-responsive. I called in and spoke to a different representative (Chris). I had to re-explain the entire situation to him. He asked me to forward the email to him so he can speak to his manager.

Another month went by. Another $43 out of my account and still no resolution even though I have an email saying I can. Chris and Jordan are now both unresponsive. Finally, I get another representative on the line and he informs me that Jordan is no longer with company and he is unsure about why Chris did not respond. He gets his manager to approve the month to month agreement.

I have now switched to Ring. I call in to cancel Frontpoint on the 1st of November and I speak with Jennifer. She says that my final charge will be the 1st of December due to their 30 day notice and my system will be active until December 30th. I was furious. I already paid for November. November should be my final month. She advised that I call in during the week and talk to a manager to see if they can wave the final bill.

I called in today and spoke to Meg. She was terrible. She said she did not have authority to waive it and said that payments are in the rear which absolutely is not true. She said my December payment is for November which would not make sense with what Jennifer said. She was rude and would not let me speak to her manager. I said I would wait for them to become available and she said that they will never become available. I asked for a call back from them and she said they will not call me back and that she; Meg (although unauthorized) is the only person I can speak to.

I am appalled with their service. It started off fine, but after further examination and through false alarms, we found out that the services were not as expected. The product was not living up to standards. The account service management team is atrocious. And finally, trying to get out of your contract is a nightmare. Do not do business with them.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2020

I purchased a home and attempted to have the account transferred to my name from the previous owners. This process has been ongoing for the last 2 months, customer service has been unresponsive and the process that they indicated would take place was completely inaccurate. (Just a quick aside, a security system company that is challenging to get ahold of is a big red flag.)

This horrible experience culminated last night when I was woken up to the alarm system going off at 12:01am for no reason and me unable to turn it off. Apparently the code was changed from the one that I had been using, the code from the previous owners to the new code. The challenge here is that I was not informed that my code would be changed, and being aggressively woken up in the middle of the night to an extremely loud alarm worrying that someone broke into the home does not allow for quick thinking. After 15min of trying to turn off the alarm I am left with ringing in my ears from the extreme noise and a doctor's appointment scheduled to ensure no lasting damage was done. Do a favor and go with another company. Read the other reviews on customer's experience with account transfer, this is not a singular event.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

I’ve had this system for 3 years. The first 2 were good. Support was easily accessible. The hardware broke constantly, but at least they would replace quickly. Fast forward to 2020 and it unbelievably bad. Virtually no support. Call and there will be 100+ people in front of you. Email and you won’t receive response. Period. No response. You’ll end up paying for broken equipment and NO SECURITY SYSTEM. Yes, we all love to pay a premium for something that literally does nothing to protect your home or family. Do yourself a favor and go with another company. Covid or not, if you are paying a company for a service it’s their obligation to provide that service. It’s absolutely unacceptable.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

When we moved on June 19, 2020 we terminated our Frontpoint service after a number of years and it was transferred to the new owner of the house. Unfortunately, we keep getting monthly bills for service. I've called Frontpoint a number of times to get them to stop billing us for a house we don't own anymore and where we haven't lived since June (the new owner is paying). After being on hold multiple times, for a long time, those calls result in nothing; they say they'll look into it and nothing happens. It is so screwed up that when I give the Frontpoint Customer # on the invoice, with my name and what the service address was, they don't see the account in their system and continue to do nothing, except send more invoices! Frontpoint customer support and billing are a mess. Suggest customers look elsewhere unless you you seek extreme incompetence and frustration!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2020

I signed up with Frontpoint Security 2004 and had service for many years. I sold my home and cancelled service. I called twice and was met with high pressure representative that wanted the name and phone number of the new owner and would not give me information to cancel my service. Frustrated with this person, I called back again a few days later and got the same treatment with a different representative. I wrote a letter to cancel service. Now in 2020 years after I moved, I get a call from a collection agency, and threats to my credit rating if I dont pay them for service I cancelled. It's like a never ending contract. BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY, your house may not be robbed but the security company will rob you!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

We got the Frontpoint system back in 2017 and we are finally out of contract! We liked the system at first but after 6 months it went down hill. Our keypad constantly lagged causing us to think the keypad was not accepting our pin. This created a race to keep the alarm for going off. Additionally the doorbell cameras they provided broke 4 times over 2 years. They would miss events or just stop working all together. We wanted to cancel but they charge you 80% of your remaining contract plus an extra month service fee to cancel. It was horrible to feel stuck with a system that we knew could break or not function when we needed it to.

With a few months left we decided to cancel. We are going to go with a different system. We were also afraid what kind of auto renewal we might get stuck with if we didn’t cancel. After canceling and paying all the fees, they again charged us the next month and refused to refund us. The agent told us it wouldn’t happen again and we are officially canceled. FYI you can get out if canceling by transferring to a friend or family member but I wouldn’t feel right sticking them with something I didn’t want myself.

Original review: July 31, 2020

Positive reviews are company plants. Real customers of this service hate it. Poor products, poor service, fraudulent scams to bilk customers, and a tremendous effort to grind down customers and hide real feedback about product and practices from review sites. Check out REAL review sites like YELP for the true story on this company, not the fake review sites the company plants online. AVOID!!!

Original review: July 25, 2020

I have had Frontpoint for a year, my car has been broken into in front of my house twice!!! My house has been broken into and this company need to be shut down!!!! The camera catches a cat in the trash but not a thief beside that someone came in my window the alarm is set but doesn’t go off!!! Call the company to cancel service and they said we in a contract!!! I am looking into suing them!!!!

Original review: July 20, 2020

I used Frontpoint security for several years. One of the problems I had was the panel would lock up and be unusable.. They sent a new panel, but the problem persisted, even to the point of not being able to disable the system when walking in the home.... Not good for a security system that is intended to protect your home. My most recent experience involved moving from my home in Indiana and no longer needed their service, they do not have a clause allowing for early termination due to moving to a new location, so they adamantly enforce the contract which basically means they will attempt to extract the full amount of the contract despite them not providing any kind of service.... I would not advise anyone to use Frontpoint for anything now or ever in the future.

Frontpoint Company Information