Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.75/5

Get matched with the best Home Security System.

Frontpoint does home security differently. By offering complete protection coupled with truly genuine and helpful service, Frontpoint gives customers everything they need and nothing they don’t. All Frontpoint customers get a personalized security solution designed to not only make them feel safe, but feel good, as well.

Every Frontpoint system comes with 100% wireless equipment and 100% cellular monitoring, for no extra charge. Cellular monitoring means a more reliable connection between the home and monitoring center, and wireless means no lines for burglars to cut. Frontpoint also works with you to ensure that every system is customized to fit every customer’s unique home and lifestyle needs. Frontpoint systems are also refreshingly simple, allowing for customers to set up, move or expand systems on their own, at any time.

In addition to intrusion, all Frontpoint monitoring plans include protection against fire, flood, freeze, carbon monoxide and medical emergencies. Also, advanced technology such as remote online access, free mobile apps keep customers in touch and in control at all times, no matter where they are. When consumers compare Frontpoint to the competition, it’s easy to see just what makes them stand out.

View More View More

Frontpoint Reviews

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

If you decide to cancel your service with these guys they will charge you at a minimum one extra month and more then likely, which is my experience TWO MONTHS. This is just short of $100 for a canceled and unused service. These people are shady. Do not use them. They require you pay an extra month when you cancel. Even if you are only 1 or 2 days into the month you just paid for, which was my situation. So I am getting charged for TWO MONTHS AND ALMOST $100 FOR A SERVICE I DO NOT WANT AND AM NOT USING. I paid faithfully for over 4 years for this product, you would think for such a long term run they wouldn't need to rip me off right at the end. This is a lousy company, run, don't walk away.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

Looking for a company that does away with your 30 day free trial and has ridiculous customer service? Then, Frontpoint is the company for you. I made the mistake of purchasing Frontpoint as a 2019 Christmas present for my sister and her family this year. I took "advantage" of their black Friday deals. I explained that this was going to be a Christmas present and I wanted the package delivered one week before Christmas. The representative told me that the 30 day free trial would start when we called to activate the system.

The system was delivered the second week of December, past the promised date. I can confirm this because I placed a second order for a key fob on 05 December 2019 and it was to be delivered with the rest order. I receive the system, my sister calls Frontpoint, we transfer everything under her name, and it seems everything is set. From the beginning we had to call technical assistance due to one of the sensors not communicating from the hub properly. I receive an email on 13 December stating that the 30 day trial had started, so this lets us know we have until 12 January 2020 to return and get a full refund. Not for this company.

My sister had to call multiples to technical support about the same problem and it wasn't until about the 30th or 31st that they decided to send her a new sensor. She called on 02 January 2020 to try to get a free trial extended as her system had not been working properly. To all of our surprise, the "30 day free trial" expired on the 1st of January. She tried to explain to the manager that I did not receive the equipment until the second or third week in December and that I had an email on the 13 December stating the 30 day trial had started. He told my sister there was nothing he could do as the free trial was over. She went ahead and cancelled her account and they still charged her an extra month. I tried to call Frontpoint to ask for the corporate office number to resolve the issue and they gave me another number for Frontpoint main number.

If you have an issue that cannot be solved at the manager level, you are out of options. False advertising and untrue to their word. If you want to wait at least 30 minutes to talk to any type of representative, this is the company for you! God forbid you have to talk to customer support, because that will get you another 20 minutes. Go ahead and test this for yourself, call Frontpoint and compare the wait time to speak to anyone between new customer and existing customer. That will give you an idea of what you are going to be dealing with. I am embarrassed and disappointed with Frontpoint, I used to speak very highly of them and recommended them a lot. Not anymore Frontpoint. I will share my experience along with my sister as much as I can so people do not waste their money on faulty equipment, long wait times, and horrible customer service.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

I liked the service itself, though it's a little pricey and they require a significant contract period of 3 years. After my 3 year contract was completed, I shopped around for a more affordable alternative and eventually decided to sign up with a different home security provider due to budget restraints. When I called to cancel, I was on hold for over 35 minutes before I could talk to a representative, and Homepoint will give you a super hard sell to keep their service. On top of that, they will not cancel immediately over the phone and prorate your month. They will send you an email that you have to reply to where you “clearly state” your request to cancel, and you must provide a 30 day notice, meaning your service has to run at least the next 30 days. But wait, that’s not all! If your request to cancel is not received before the 5th day before that particular months end, you will be charged for the current entire month PLUS a full month for the following month!!!

Total scam and rip off!!! They “claim” they have to prepay their vendors for all the wonderful service they provide but that’s obviously just a money grab. If they can’t strong arm you into staying with their service, then they’re gonna stick it to you! Yep, once they know you’ve figured out their game, they know you’ll never cone back, so they craft their contract to exact as much financial pain on you as possible. They sure don’t discuss these details of the contract when they’re signing you up for service, so buyer beware. Don’t get T-boned like I did on the back end!

William **

Raleigh, NC

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

When I sold my home I cancelled all of my utilities without a problem. Not so with Frontpoint. They told me they had a 60 day cancellation policy. My initial contract had been fulfilled and I was on a month to month basis, but that doesn’t matter. They are an internet company but to cancel they require you to write a letter. So I wrote the letter and paid for two months for a house I no longer own. Now two months later they are still charging my credit card. Forcing me to spend more time and energy to stop paying for something I have not used in months. Frontpoint refuses to cancel. Don’t even think about getting involved with this scam!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

The good points about Frontpoint are that the system is easy to set up. Oh wait - that is the only good point. The cameras are WI FI only and they stink, they constantly lose the internet link. I called every week to reestablish the link through customer service. Oh yeah and good luck reaching customer service. I just sat on the phone for 20 minutes just waiting for the pleasure of speaking with a very sarcastic "customer service" rep. The cameras do not interface with my internet well and I have a billion months left on my contract. I explained multiple times and said I would eat the cost of all of the equipment and fees paid just to end my contract. But apparently this is the only way that Frontpoint can maintain business - billing the customers that have 3 year contracts. URGH - keep looking - I would recommend anything else - this company is so not helpful.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

Do not sign contract! I never used this service and attempted numerous times to cancel which they ignored. After harassment over cancelling I agreed to pay 202 settlement for breaking contract, they never answered, 6 month later they have 1100 reported on my credit. Very unethical company.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

Do not sign a contract with this company. I have fulfilled my contract and gone over by 3 months because they constantly block all attempts to cancel your account by either not sending emails or recalling emails for contract cancellation before I can sign them. I believe this company is just using these ploys to keep charging customers for several months beyond the time they wish to cancel. Legal action needs to be taken against this company.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

A company should be based on how it treats its customers as well as the employees. In my case, I'm both. They're unprofessional in all aspects. I had numerous calls about failed equipment and dealt with policy changes that don't benefit the customers, but benefit the company. They treat their employees the same, bogus policies that prevent even the hardest of workers from keeping their jobs. Take your money elsewhere. They'll take you for all you have.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

I have been with Frontpoint for a number of years. My backup battery stopped working, so they sent me a new one (billing me of course). The back up battery did not work and they would not send me a new free control panel without a year contract. I am retiring next year and do not know where I will be living. You would think that after being a customer for years, and elderly, they would take the customer more into consideration. (They are even no longer using the control panel I have). I will be using another alarm system when I move, for sure. Very disappointed in their service.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

If you like poor customer service, a contract which is difficult to cancel even after the original term has ended and continual price increases during your contract period then Frontpoint is for you. I would not recommend this company to anyone. After fulfilling my 3 year obligation which included 8% price increases with no improved technology or additional services I realized the contract could only be terminated after 30 written notice. To me it’s just a money grab from a poorly managed company. With so many security companies out there find one that appreciates customer loyalty rather than one trying to take you for that one more payment.

Frontpoint Company Information