3.6/5 (77 ratings)
Call Center Open

About Frontpoint

Frontpoint offers wireless home security packages with professional monitoring and app-based control. New customers work with Frontpoint representatives to find a personalized security solution for their home. Systems come preprogrammed and are designed for easy, do-it-yourself installation. Customers can try a Frontpoint home security system risk-free for 30 days.

Pros

• Month-to-month service available
  • Compatible with Alexa and Google Home
  • Build-your-own system option

Cons

• No professional installation option
  • No lifetime warranty on equipment

Bottom Line

Frontpoint security systems offer high-tech equipment and 24-hour professional monitoring. If you don’t mind installing it yourself, a Frontpoint alarm system could be a smart option for home protection.

Frontpoint Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Original review: Dec. 23, 2022

I've been a customer since 2012 and have always had a great experience. The equipment is easy to setup and has been very reliable. Would recommend to family and friends anytime. Hope to add to the current equipment for more security.

Frontpoint response

Sandy- Thank you for taking the time to review Frontpoint Security and for your continued loyalty to our business. We are so glad that you have enjoyed both our services and equipment. Please let us know if you ever need anything!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2022

Our hub wasn’t working or syncing and it needed to be fixed. The service consultant was incredibly well knowledged, patient and professional in assisting me to fix the issue. Took less than 10 mins. Great customer service and products. Would recommend Frontpoint to friends and family.

Frontpoint response

Andreas- Thank you for taking the time to review Frontpoint Security! We are so glad that our team was able to assist you so quickly. We appreciate the 5-star recommendation! Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 3 stars
Original review: Dec. 12, 2022

I received a replacement sensor for my front door. It took 2 calls and nearly 90 minutes to get my new system to recognize the new sensor. It is working, but now all the alerts on my other sensors are not working the way they did to alert me when the door or window is opened. I didn’t have time ti wait on the phone any longer. Need to call again to get this resolved.

Frontpoint response

Frank- We apologize if you experienced any frustration while working with our team. Please contact our support team using the link below so they can reach out at a time that works for you to ensure we get your sensors woking properly: https://www.frontpointsecurity.com/contact

Original review: Dec. 2, 2022

As always, the customer service rep was knowledgeable and quick to resolve the problem. Response was immediate and the problem was resolved with one phone call. Would highly recommend Frontpoint to friends and family. Always excellent service at a very affordable price. Past experience with alarms resulted in immediate notification and (once) a call to police by Frontpoint. I am a very satisfied customer!

Frontpoint response

Karen- Thank you for taking the time to review Frontpoint Security! We appreciate your kind words for our team and the 5-star recommendation. If you ever need any assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2022

Read the cancellation policy carefully. They require you to call in during weekday business hours to cancel. You need to talk to a person who keeps asking why you are canceling and will not take no for an answer. They then send you a link to go through the "process" of canceling. After an hour of hold and technical issues on their end, I was able to get access to a link to cancel on 12/01/22. I followed the link through three more pages of "why are you canceling" questions to land on a page that requires me to pay until 1/31/2023 to end my service. I find this to be a despicable business tactic.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2022

Thought I might be responsible for the back-up replacement battery on my FrontPoint Security unit. I called and was greeted by a Rep who was polite, knowledgeable and said I would be getting a replacement battery from Fed Ex in 4 to 6 days. Excellent Customer Service. Have been a customer for 10+ years and can recommend their security system 100%.

Frontpoint response

Marilyn- Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to review Frontpoint Security. We are so glad that you have enjoyed working with our team. Please let us know if you ever need any further assistance!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

Technician suggested the drawer test to determine if they are faulty but I later decided to have them deactivated for the time being. It's no coincidence the both units gave false alarms in the same time frame. However, it's not convenient right now to manage this test. I am always impressed with the quality of your people and their ability to resolve issues. I would have liked to replace the sensors, but at $64 each with 15,% discount it's more than I want to spend on the problem.

Frontpoint response

Alan- Thank you for your kind words about our team here at Frontpoint Security. We are so glad that you have had a good experience with our business but are sorry that you have experienced issues with your equipment. If you are in need of further assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Resolution response: Nov. 17, 2022

A rep from Frontpoint did reach out to me after my initial review and fixed the dispute on the account. I appreciate their concern and eventual assistance.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2022

I used Frontpoint security for 10 years. The service provided was always good but the price was getting too expensive for me especially when I wanted to add cameras. I decided to use a cheaper company simply to save $20 per month. I called Frontpoint to cancel my sevice and that began the misery. I was told that I could not cancel over the phone and that I would receive a cancellation email. This occurred on October 3. I received an email consisting of a survey dealing with customer satisfaction but never received an email with cancellation information.

I then called again on October 6, the exact same scenario occurred. Later the same day I called Frontpoint for the THIRD time to cancel my service. This time I explained that I was NOT receiving the email. I was given a url code that I typed into my computer. The website asked me to reset my password. In order to reset the password I had to click on a link that DID NOT WORK.

At this point I became extremely frustrated. I called my credit card company and explained what was happening and they froze payments to frontpoint. I thought that would end the process but I then got a call from frontpoint on November 16 explaining that I owed them $90 (November and December fee) since I did not cancel the service properly. I told the agent that my password reset was not working. He said he would send a new link. He attempted this process twice without any luck and then turned me over to someone else who he said might have an idea. That person sent me 2 more messages before 1 successfully reset my password. Then he sent me a link to cancel my service. I demanded he stay on the line until I received a link. He said he sent it twice. I never received it.

Eventually, he sent it to me through his work email and I was able to access the link. I then logged onto the chat and spoke with "Tiffany". I asked that I not be charged for December fees since it was November 16 and she could see that I requested cancellation on October 3rd and 6th. I explained that Frontpoint did NOT send the requested link. I have every email Frontpoint ever sent me when I asked "Tiffany" how it was possible that the ONLY emails that I did not receive involve cancelling the service, she told me "My suggestion is to further review your email account and discuss with your provider to see why there may be an issue receiving emails"

There is no doubt that this is an intentional process by Frontpoint. I spent over 3 hours attempting to cancel their service. I simply wanted to not be charged from my original date of cancellation which to me is October 3 or 6. I was a customer for 10 years and have never made 1 complaint. I have never reviewed a company on the internet. Frontpoint is intentionally keeping customers from leaving their service and the agent online was the most condescending representative with whom I have ever dealt

Frontpoint response

Matt- Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the intial trouble you had with closing your account, but we are glad we were able to reach out and resolve the issue with a positive resolution! We appreiate the 10 years you have spent with us and if there's anything we can do in the future to regain you as a customer please us know.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2022

The representative was very courteous and helpful in walking me through resetting my hub so that I could get my panel reconnected to my wi-fi network. He explained the process carefully so I will be able to do this myself again, if necessary.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2022

Needed to reactivate my security system. They were most helpful, walking me through each step, testing the system and ensuring I knew how to work it. Later when one of the sensors failed, they walked me through the testing and replacement. Strong company.

Frontpoint response

Lynn- Thank you for taking the time to review our business! We are so happy that you enjoyed working with our team here at Frontpoint Security. Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2022

I’ve got Frontpoint for 12 years so that should say something. It's a great system and I have no issues with it at all. The customer service is absolutely phenomenal, which is one of the reasons why I keep it. The installation is as simple as it can be and the reps will walk you through any issues you have. Everything is great and I am totally satisfied.

Frontpoint response

Augustine- Thank you for your continued loyalty to Frontpoint Security. We are so glad that you have enjoyed working with our team and the easy installation of our system! Please let us know if we can be of any help to you in the future.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2022

It took too long to speak to an agent. The False fire alarm 3x. The agent was very patient and knowledgeable. She investigated and assured me that it has not gone to police or fire department, and confirmed that it was a false Alarm and there was no testing going on at that time.

Frontpoint response

Hara- We are sorry that your alarm was going off without any notice. We will do everything we can to make sure that this was an isolated incident. We are happy that our team was able to assist you with resolving this issue. We understand that customer service and quick access to support is important. If you continue to experience any issues, please contact our support team using the link below so they may work with you to quickly and efficiently resolve any issues: https://www.frontpointsecurity.com/contact

Original review: Oct. 28, 2022

The staff are always very very nice, and they always impress me how knowledgeable they are. I would recommend them to anyone. The equipment works great, I am happy with it, it is easy to add or modify equipment. The prices are very reasonable as well.

Frontpoint response

Luis- Thank you for taking the time to review Frontpoint Security! We appreciate the 5-star recommendation and are glad that you have enjoyed our services so far. Let us know if we can do anything for you!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2022

Updated on 11/01/2022: I recently reported the dysfunctional operation of the doorbell camera of the FrontPoint system. After this report I received constant notifications of "activity" from the camera however there was nothing there. I decreased the sensitivity however the app was not responding and the images kept coming for several days. It became extremely annoying. Almost harassing. Now the doorbell camera doesn't work at all. This makes me wonder if it was internal tampering. Doesn't make me feel too secure.

I would look for a different alarm system if I were a new customer. Or just don't waste time or money on the external equipment due to too many technical glitches. If the technicians were concerned about my review they should have just contacted me directly. Now I wonder about this company. I have been a loyal customer for many years and thankfully never needed the response service. My dog is a better alarm system. Someone can be at your door and you would NEVER know it if you depended on the latent response of the camera.

Original: The product is subpar; I've had multiple doorbell cameras from this company due to issues from the start, and this time it stopped recording motion. The previous issues were very poor visual quality, delayed response time, or not recording when doorbell is pushed. This is the third or fourth time I had to install a doorbell camera.

Frontpoint response

Areillah - We are sorry you have not had a great experience and would like to work with you to resolve your equipment concerns. We understand that customer service and quick access to support is important and have recently made changes to our processes to allow us to quicker help our customers. Please find out support email on our website that you can easily reach our team though.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2022

I had replaced batteries, but the sensors in my OLD Simon system would not reset to work, called FrontPoint, and the tech online got them re-genned in ASAP. Back in business, and all secure. Frontpoint has a very good system for the value and exceptional customer service. Monitoring is less expensive than some, and far better than the market leader whose name begins with an A anD ends with a T.

Frontpoint response

Norman - Thank you for sharing this review and allowing our team to help you resolve your concerns and issues quickly! We appreciate you being a valued member of our Frontpoint community!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2022

We were in another state when we were notified of a water issue. A friend went to the house, and the sewer was backing up. He quickly called several other friends, and about six people showed up with multiple shot bags and were able to keep a head off the water. The city determined that the sewer was blocked and fixed it. Our friends were there about three hours and limited the damage to a very small amount. I can hardly imagine what we would have come home to several days later and will not have the water sensors I think FrontPoint, is it no brainer as it’s an expensive and my homeowner's policy give me a credit for half. Their service is outstanding.

Frontpoint response

Stuart- We are so happy that we could help you and your family while you were away! Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to review Frontpoint Security. Let us know if there is ever anything we can do for you!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2022

The features in the system are simple and effective, and the objects in the house do their job. The price changed some, but very little. Also, customer service is efficient and friendly. I'm perfectly satisfied.

Frontpoint response

James- Thank you for taking the time to review our business! We appreciate your kind words and are glad that you have enjoyed working with our team. Please let us know if we can ever help you!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2022

Thank you to Francisco for your technical support, I like to call one time for one call resolution. The customer service team really understands the equipment and how to make the system work better. The team members pick up where their coworkers leave off on my account. Thank you.

Frontpoint response

Adrianne- Thank you for taking the time to review our business! We appreciate your kind words and are glad that you enjoyed working with our team here at Frontpoint Security. Please let us know if you ever need more assistance!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2022

Always helpful, very responsive to phone calls. Appreciate response to alarms in a timely manner. Wish we see a few TV commercials compared to the competition that have daily commercials. Have had your service for many years and I feel that your pricing is competitive. Thanks.

Frontpoint response

Klaus- Thank you for taking the time to review Frontpoint Security! We are so happy that you have enjoyed working with our team. Please let us know if there is ever anything we can do for you!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2022

This company has very good service. Any problem that we have had they have taken care of within the hour. I like their app. It's easy to use. I trust the monitoring service. Anything that appears to be unusual they will send you or call with the information.

Frontpoint response

Marlene- We are so happy that you have enjoyed working with our team here at Frontpoint Security. We appreciate your kind words and 5-star recommendation! Please let us know how else we can assist you.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2022

We have been customers for at least 10 years. We have remained happy with our service. Although we've considered other devices and programs, we remain with Frontpoint because their equipment continues to do the job we want it to do and customer service is is there to help with questions.

Frontpoint response

Charles and Sonja- Thank you for your years of loyalty to Frontpoint Security. We are so happy that you have enjoyed our equipment and services. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2022

Whenever I have an issue, the customer service representatives at Frontpoint handle it within seconds on the phone. When their tech couldn't figure out what it is, they sent the new equipment out here, and my grandson hooked it up for me. I called them, and they started it up, and it's been fine ever since. I would recommend Frontpoint. It's good. It lets me know on my phone if something is going on. My daughter came and tried to visit and she tried to go out the sliding door in my family room. Frontpoint hit me right on my phone right then and there that somebody was messing with my sliding door. I feel secure with Frontpoint. I had problems, but they solved them.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for the review, Freddie! We are thrilled we can continue to provide you with exceptional service and give you peace of mind in your home.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2022

I’ve had been with Frontpoint for about 8 years. Wanted to cancel and switch to a new service. They ignore all calls and emails for service cancellation. That has to be illegal. Out of the several calls I made to cancel my account, one went through and the rep said my request for cancellation for received and I would get a confirmation email - that was months ago. Oh! And I am not under any yearly contract. So I don’t care how good the equipment or service is but these are plain liars and crooks. How can you entrust security of your home to someone who’s looking for defraud you in broad daylight?

Frontpoint response

We are so sorry that after many years of working with us you have recently had trouble while trying to contact our team. If you are having trouble closing your account our team is available to help. They are able to walk you through the cancellation process via the phone and will help you each step of the way to ensure it is closed correctly. Please contact our support team using the link below so they may work with you to resolve any outstanding items on your account: https://www.frontpointsecurity.com/contact

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

Working with the reps was a good experience and I’m satisfied with the Frontpoint system. I like it. Overall, it’s easy and user-friendly. I would recommend it.

Frontpoint response

Gilbert- Thank you for taking the time to review Frontpoint Security! We are glad that you have enjoyed working with our team. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to improve your experience!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

I have been a Frontpoint customer since I bought my home in 2019. Any time the alarm went off, police never showed up. Once when I was out of state and once when I was at work. Then when THEIR products malfunction due to nothing I have done, they try to charge me for a new sensor. I’m done. I am canceling my service and telling EVERYONE I KNOW that this company is CRAP!!!!

Frontpoint response

We are sorry that you have had an issue reaching our team. We understand that customer service and quick access to support is important. We've made improvements to our process that have drastically cut down times when trying to reach support. Please contact our support team using the link below so they can help ensure your system is functioning as desired: https://www.frontpointsecurity.com/contact

Original review: Sept. 1, 2022

Frontpoint has been very responsive. The service has great until the pandemic and then, it's been a little challenging because everybody is short-staffed. But they're doing their best.

Frontpoint response

Debra- We are happy that you have enjoyed working with our team through these unprecedented years. Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to review Frontpoint Security!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

The young lady I spoke with last time was excellent. She was on top of it. She checked out things. She was thorough and attentive to detail. And I love that because it collectively resolved the issue, so that made it good. But if I have any heartburn with Frontpoint is everybody has not created a knowledge base. They need to step through to help analyze issues. The last young lady was amazing. But I’m not guaranteed to get that love every time. So, I could walk away and still have issues. Also, I've had instances when I've called and they said they would have a technical call back, but they never called me back.

It was a good deal because I have glass break sensors plus the door and motion sensors, and I bumped it up to include cameras. My only heartburn is the design of some of the components, like the motion detectors. Once you’ve had a motion detector, it's almost impossible to take the batteries out once they've been in your house for a while. It's a horrible design to replace batteries. The first time I had to do it, I tore the sensor and I couldn't get the battery out. Frontpoint said they would replace it. The motion detectors are horrible. You go through that, pinch this hole that you need three sets of hands to make that. Who came up with that? When you go online, they gave instructions, but they're not clear.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

I’ve had Frontpoint for a few years. And it was probably one of the better systems and the most affordable at the time. There are others that are more affordable now. Frontpoint is much better because it has all the bells and whistles that the initial one didn’t have as far as motion detector, fire protection, and water protection. But they can do better on their pricing. They need to be more competitive. I’ve got my system all installed for years now, and I look at what my children are paying for the system they have and it’s a big difference.

The installation was very easy. It’s the same as any others. You stick your contacts, and you move your detectors in a key location. So, it’s simple. I call it idiot-proof. I still have a keypad because I had to go through a new system. But I like the new hub. It doesn't give me the messages that their other one gave, like Simon. It used to have a little display on the screen. This one has no screen.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

We have been with Frontpoint for 10 years. We have had issues with the equipment including the multiple times we had to replace the doorbell camera because it broke more than once. We had to replace the sensors and the new ones they sent were so big and bulky that they just keep falling off. Every time we have to call customer service it takes a day to get a callback IF we even get one. They extended our contract over and over again and I'm starting to realize why. They need to lock people in because their competition is so much less expensive. It's been very frustrating waiting out our contract and paying for nothing since we hardly use the system but we did. I followed the directions on waiting until August 1st to cancel but our account was charged.

I was then informed that you need 30 days notice to cancel and that we would be charged again in September. This is a horrible business practice. If I cancelled on 7/31 I would have been charged and early cancellation fee. Having to wait until 8/1, as I was instructed, meant I would also have to pay for September. Nice trick Frontpoint! Then when I checked my bank account I saw 2 charges for August. They took the September payment a month early. When I called them on this they said, "Yup. That's what we do." I was asked if I wanted to transfer my service to someone? Why would I do that when I've been treated so poorly. Paying for August is somewhat understandable, but paying for September is just robbery. Do yourself a favor and stay far away from this company. Ring, Simply Safe, and others are so much less expensive and do not lock you into a contract. Lastly, I sent an email to WeCare@frontpointsecurity a week ago and never got a response. I see how much you care, Frontpoint.

Original review: July 30, 2022

The installation of the doorbell part was rough. I’m a 26-year-old single mom who had to do things myself. I also wish that the system came with an inside or outside camera with the package included, especially for the price. I'll probably end up buying another one later on. I also wish that the service was a little bit better as far as Wi-Fi. I have really good Wi-Fi which is over 900 MBs. But the system is very low with the connection on the camera. But as far as everything else, it is okay. I like the quality of the system. I like the doorbell and the motion sensor for sure. Frontpoint is really good. I was just really concerned about another way to get just a single camera or even the door monitor because I have more than two doors. But whenever I get on the website, there's absolutely no way to order just a camera. It has to be either the start bundle or something else.

Frontpoint Company Information