Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.35/5

Take a Home Security Systems Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Frontpoint does home security differently. By offering complete protection coupled with truly genuine and helpful service, Frontpoint gives customers everything they need. All Frontpoint customers get a personalized security solution designed to make them feel safe.

Take a Home Security Systems Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Protect Your Home

Get a professionally-installed home security system today.

Get Started

Frontpoint Reviews

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY FOR HOME SECURITY! I experienced 2 faulty products that almost created a house fire from a wiring shortage in the camera. I have a teenager and pets at home who are suppose to be safe, especially when having Frontpoint as a security system. When I discovered a window sensor burnt from the inside out due to the battery, I was done. I called Frontpoint’s customer service stating my reason for wanting to cancel my contract. Even with sending in proof of their camera almost burning my house down, I was told it would cost me $1,000 to end the contract with them. I refuse to use their products in my home any longer and I’m forced to pay the monthly bill until I have an extra $1,000 laying around to end my contract with them. TERRIBLE BUSINESS ETHICS!! If you’re in the market for a home security system, keep searching. Maybe for one that doesn’t have a contract, just in case.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

I was reluctant to give Frontpoint a try, as I did not want the hassle of a DIY install. However, I was assured - repeatedly and at great length - this would be easy and completely hassle free. In the end, I had to hire to handyman to install my recessed door sensor. In fact, this handyman did not even have the correct tool to do this install and had to return another date to complete it. How your average person could be expected to do this install, I have no idea.

In addition, my taped sensors repeatedly fall off. When I called customer support to ask for addition adhesive to remount these sensors, the agent refused to provide it to me - telling me that I had to go buy some myself or purchase it from them for unreasonable expense. The agent then recommended that I hire another handyman to figure out a way to more securely install these sensors. This is really terrible customer support and certainly not DIY as promised. Don't be fooled by the pitch of "great customer support" - I found my previous provider (Comcast) to be far superior - and we all know that comcast is certainly not known for good customer support. Pay a little extra upfront for a different company that has your system installed by a professional!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

They are the definition of scam artists. My husband and I signed a 3 year contract with them and used the service never. It is a poor security system. We had it set to cancel at the 3 year mark and they continued to charge us. Now they say we have to have 30 day written notice in order to cancel which was never disclosed to us before even though we have called over 10 times. They refuse to give us our money back and will do anything to make a dollar off of someone. WHAT CHEAP LOSERS. Will be continuing to spread the word.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

There are many things I like about Frontpoint. It was relatively easy to set up, the price seemed good and, once I figured out the online interface, it was easy to manage. But the doorbell camera has gone offline several times (it blinks red for the whole world to see that it is not working), it stopped recording video for no reason until I happened to notice and had to call in and wait on hold for someone to reset it. When I updated my wifi resetting the video cameras was a huge, painful process. Each time I have called in, the problems have been addressed but these are problems I discover myself meaning nothing is ever really protected. I do not get a notification that something is no longer recording. When I bring this up to customer support they basically evade my concerns or say it has been noted or congratulate themselves for solving my problem. I don't feel this system is reliable as it might stop working at any time.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

I was a Frontpoint customer for the last 5 years, until I found a cheaper alternative (by 30 dollars a month). They were charging me for features I wasn't using. I then had to listen to a sales pitch and get screamed at by their customer relations person for "not doing my research". I echo other reviewers re: making it difficult to cancel and punishing you for doing so. You have to write a letter stating that you want to cancel, and then they require one more month's payment on top of that. Beware.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

Was a Frontpoint customer for years. It was alright but crazy expensive. Rates have come down greatly now because of competition. Since I'm no longer under a contract, I called to get the rates that Frontpoint now advertises on their website. The man told me that those rates were a typo, but he would take $5 off my monthly rate. Well, the going rate is $25 lower. He pretended not to know or believe me, till I told him exactly where on his own website! Then he acted amazed. Then he said that if I discontinued they would continue to charge me, because it's in my contract. Totally untrue, it's not. I have switched companies now, paying 1/2 of what Frontpoint charged, they have charged me again, and I'm disputing with my bank. Stay away from this company!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

We have had nothing but excellent response to alarms. They go all out to contact you, or your listed contacts to ensure you and your home are safe. We have been with Frontpoint since around 2008. GOOD JOB!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

We had had FrontPoint for many years. Four different houses in four different states. Just notify them, disconnect the system and reinstall at new address. Never a problem - worked great THEN! Installed system in current location - no problem for about a month until we replaced it with their new hub and keypads. Several times a week it shutdown and I spent hours on the phone getting it up again. I moved the hub at least 3 times. They told me the keypad was too close to the hub then the keypad was too far from the hub. False alarms in the middle of the night. Smoke detectors went off. FrontPoint said they were old.

Weeks without protection until new ones arrived. 1 of them went off. There have been multiple false alarms all pointed to a sensor that was not tampered with and fixed itself? I don't think so. The keypads go blank and per Frontpoint, you snap the front off and snap it back on and magic - it works again. We are in the process of breaking this contract after so many years of great service - really sad.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

Frontpoint is an extremely expensive service and this cost is enforced by bullying billing techniques. This is yet again another predatory company that makes it difficult to cancel and will punish you for doing so. You may not cancel online. - They refuse to hear it. When you call in, you of course have to listen to sales pitches to remain. Then, if you still want to cancel (and you will), you have to respond in writing that you want to cancel. Then, after that, because they want just a bit more of your money before you leave, they require you pay them one more month just like they're an evil landlord. These guys *are* the predators. We need security systems to protect us from security system companies. With options such as Ring today there is no reason to go with a company like this. - Pass and beware.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

Frontpoint has been a horrible service for me.. This security system is supposed to keep my home and family safe. It should give me peace of mind that my household is secure. Instead I am constantly having to call front point to reset or reboot my system taking anywhere from 15 minutes to a hour.. Resetting password and cameras and apps. It's unreliable and apparently I agreed to a 3 yr contract. In which I dont recall. They refuse to cancel my service. They said I agreed over the phone but will not release the phone conversation. Do yourself a favor and pick someone else to secure your home!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

DO NOT waste your time or money. The equipment is bad, but the service is TERRIBLE. The equipment I got was broken from the beginning. (After a faulty door lock and hours lost to reinstalling, then a motion detector gone rogue, the camera they "gifted" me does NOT activate with outdoor motion and never records, and now the panel's internal battery has been dead after only 2 years). But worse is the absolutely god awful service that will leave you wanting to pull your hair out.

Recently they called me 30 times to update billing info, and as soon as they had my CC info, they DOUBLE CHARGED me. I had to waste more time to request the refund. I've now called 5 times to try to cancel the account. Every time, when I reach a verbal agreement with the agent, they follow up with an incorrect email. They tell you on the phone after hours of talking that you can get out for X amount, then the email has the wrong dates of termination, the wrong amount to finish out, AND has an extra charge that they promised they'd take care of. It's LIES, LIES, and LIES. Don't do it. You'll hate yourself.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

We've had Frontpoint for 8 years. We had some superior experiences, specifically with its internal flood sensor. It saved us thousands of dollars. Externally, their system is deficient. I had $40 exterior cameras that operated superior to Frontpoints. Frontpoint excuses have been we have a brick home, that we have other wifi units interfering with theirs (who doesn't have other wifi devices these days) and that the electrical wiring interfered with the wifi connection. In short, don't use frontpoint if you desire an external component.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

We signed up for Frontpoint in November of 2017. At first, we were happy because we were working 3hrs away and only home on the weekend. About a year into the agreement we began to experience numerous false alarms with subsequent letters from local police threatening charges for additional false alarm calls. We turned off the system and worked with Frontpoint. It took several months and numerous calls to pinpoint the issue as a bad door alarm.

Unfortunately, in process we lost our confidence in the company and simply turned off the system. The issue is we have a system we are tied to for the three full years but will not be allowed to cancel even it has not been turned on for over 6 months. My call to support yielded a long call where we were offered a $5/month but also required to extend the contract? At about $46/month, we will be wasting around $900 for ugly wall decorations. Three years is simply too long to be forced to keep a product I am so dissatisfied with.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

If you decide to cancel your service with these guys they will charge you at a minimum one extra month and more then likely, which is my experience TWO MONTHS. This is just short of $100 for a canceled and unused service. These people are shady. Do not use them. They require you pay an extra month when you cancel. Even if you are only 1 or 2 days into the month you just paid for, which was my situation. So I am getting charged for TWO MONTHS AND ALMOST $100 FOR A SERVICE I DO NOT WANT AND AM NOT USING. I paid faithfully for over 4 years for this product, you would think for such a long term run they wouldn't need to rip me off right at the end. This is a lousy company, run, don't walk away.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

Looking for a company that does away with your 30 day free trial and has ridiculous customer service? Then, Frontpoint is the company for you. I made the mistake of purchasing Frontpoint as a 2019 Christmas present for my sister and her family this year. I took "advantage" of their black Friday deals. I explained that this was going to be a Christmas present and I wanted the package delivered one week before Christmas. The representative told me that the 30 day free trial would start when we called to activate the system.

The system was delivered the second week of December, past the promised date. I can confirm this because I placed a second order for a key fob on 05 December 2019 and it was to be delivered with the rest order. I receive the system, my sister calls Frontpoint, we transfer everything under her name, and it seems everything is set. From the beginning we had to call technical assistance due to one of the sensors not communicating from the hub properly. I receive an email on 13 December stating that the 30 day trial had started, so this lets us know we have until 12 January 2020 to return and get a full refund. Not for this company.

My sister had to call multiples to technical support about the same problem and it wasn't until about the 30th or 31st that they decided to send her a new sensor. She called on 02 January 2020 to try to get a free trial extended as her system had not been working properly. To all of our surprise, the "30 day free trial" expired on the 1st of January. She tried to explain to the manager that I did not receive the equipment until the second or third week in December and that I had an email on the 13 December stating the 30 day trial had started. He told my sister there was nothing he could do as the free trial was over. She went ahead and cancelled her account and they still charged her an extra month. I tried to call Frontpoint to ask for the corporate office number to resolve the issue and they gave me another number for Frontpoint main number.

If you have an issue that cannot be solved at the manager level, you are out of options. False advertising and untrue to their word. If you want to wait at least 30 minutes to talk to any type of representative, this is the company for you! God forbid you have to talk to customer support, because that will get you another 20 minutes. Go ahead and test this for yourself, call Frontpoint and compare the wait time to speak to anyone between new customer and existing customer. That will give you an idea of what you are going to be dealing with. I am embarrassed and disappointed with Frontpoint, I used to speak very highly of them and recommended them a lot. Not anymore Frontpoint. I will share my experience along with my sister as much as I can so people do not waste their money on faulty equipment, long wait times, and horrible customer service.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

I liked the service itself, though it's a little pricey and they require a significant contract period of 3 years. After my 3 year contract was completed, I shopped around for a more affordable alternative and eventually decided to sign up with a different home security provider due to budget restraints. When I called to cancel, I was on hold for over 35 minutes before I could talk to a representative, and Homepoint will give you a super hard sell to keep their service. On top of that, they will not cancel immediately over the phone and prorate your month. They will send you an email that you have to reply to where you “clearly state” your request to cancel, and you must provide a 30 day notice, meaning your service has to run at least the next 30 days. But wait, that’s not all! If your request to cancel is not received before the 5th day before that particular months end, you will be charged for the current entire month PLUS a full month for the following month!!!

Total scam and rip off!!! They “claim” they have to prepay their vendors for all the wonderful service they provide but that’s obviously just a money grab. If they can’t strong arm you into staying with their service, then they’re gonna stick it to you! Yep, once they know you’ve figured out their game, they know you’ll never cone back, so they craft their contract to exact as much financial pain on you as possible. They sure don’t discuss these details of the contract when they’re signing you up for service, so buyer beware. Don’t get T-boned like I did on the back end!

William **

Raleigh, NC

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

When I sold my home I cancelled all of my utilities without a problem. Not so with Frontpoint. They told me they had a 60 day cancellation policy. My initial contract had been fulfilled and I was on a month to month basis, but that doesn’t matter. They are an internet company but to cancel they require you to write a letter. So I wrote the letter and paid for two months for a house I no longer own. Now two months later they are still charging my credit card. Forcing me to spend more time and energy to stop paying for something I have not used in months. Frontpoint refuses to cancel. Don’t even think about getting involved with this scam!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

The good points about Frontpoint are that the system is easy to set up. Oh wait - that is the only good point. The cameras are WI FI only and they stink, they constantly lose the internet link. I called every week to reestablish the link through customer service. Oh yeah and good luck reaching customer service. I just sat on the phone for 20 minutes just waiting for the pleasure of speaking with a very sarcastic "customer service" rep. The cameras do not interface with my internet well and I have a billion months left on my contract. I explained multiple times and said I would eat the cost of all of the equipment and fees paid just to end my contract. But apparently this is the only way that Frontpoint can maintain business - billing the customers that have 3 year contracts. URGH - keep looking - I would recommend anything else - this company is so not helpful.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

Do not sign contract! I never used this service and attempted numerous times to cancel which they ignored. After harassment over cancelling I agreed to pay 202 settlement for breaking contract, they never answered, 6 month later they have 1100 reported on my credit. Very unethical company.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

Do not sign a contract with this company. I have fulfilled my contract and gone over by 3 months because they constantly block all attempts to cancel your account by either not sending emails or recalling emails for contract cancellation before I can sign them. I believe this company is just using these ploys to keep charging customers for several months beyond the time they wish to cancel. Legal action needs to be taken against this company.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

A company should be based on how it treats its customers as well as the employees. In my case, I'm both. They're unprofessional in all aspects. I had numerous calls about failed equipment and dealt with policy changes that don't benefit the customers, but benefit the company. They treat their employees the same, bogus policies that prevent even the hardest of workers from keeping their jobs. Take your money elsewhere. They'll take you for all you have.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

I have been with Frontpoint for a number of years. My backup battery stopped working, so they sent me a new one (billing me of course). The back up battery did not work and they would not send me a new free control panel without a year contract. I am retiring next year and do not know where I will be living. You would think that after being a customer for years, and elderly, they would take the customer more into consideration. (They are even no longer using the control panel I have). I will be using another alarm system when I move, for sure. Very disappointed in their service.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

If you like poor customer service, a contract which is difficult to cancel even after the original term has ended and continual price increases during your contract period then Frontpoint is for you. I would not recommend this company to anyone. After fulfilling my 3 year obligation which included 8% price increases with no improved technology or additional services I realized the contract could only be terminated after 30 written notice. To me it’s just a money grab from a poorly managed company. With so many security companies out there find one that appreciates customer loyalty rather than one trying to take you for that one more payment.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

I had the system since 2010, billing date 4th of the month. I had "lifetime" price guarantee. they upped the price. Later they said because they switched me to a month by month (but they contract was higher too and would have cost more so still no price guarantee). I got double billed, what a mess to clean up, months worth. Some sensors don't even work. Now I try to cancel, tried calling on 11/30, they don't work, tell you you have to call back Monday. Called back, now on my month to month contract they are going to charge me again 12/4 (they say the first, but they don't my billing has always been the 4th) and January 4th because I didn't cancel 11/30 in writing (because it said i had to call fist and talk to them)--for a month to month contract!!!

If I had any doubt of leaving, gone! I won't consider coming back now if things don't work out. Go read Better Business Bureau reviews. Complaint after complaint even after people who try to cancel. They are desperate for money and will keep billing you. I'm sure that is also the reason you can't review them on Facebook or other business pages by them. Used to be 5 stars, now they are horrible.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

I had a Frontpoint security system at a warehouse I owned for better than 7 years. I sold the warehouse over 15 months ago, and immediately called/wrote/called again NUMEROUS times. They are still hitting my credit card, and dealing with the STUPID IDIOTS entirely too many times, I’m taking legal action, and having a company acquiring the names of their existing and previous customers so that my attorneys can file a class action suit against Frontpoint”less”. This company is screwing people to the wall. They’re lying thieves, and a way below average security company.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2019

I signed another three-year contract because my control panel malfunctioned. They would not send me another one that I signed a new contract. I should have never done that. All the equipment is old and janky. Now it's failing one by one. They tell me if it's over 3 years old even though I'm under contract they won't replace it. Stay away from these people. I left them a poor feedback and they harassed me for weeks. They use very poor and outdated equipment. I will switch as soon as I can.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

We've had Frontpoint for about 13 months now. In the first month, there were lots of issues, which customer service fixed without putting up a fight or making my life harder (sending out long range sensors when regular ones didn't connect to the panel, sending out extra sensors when ones failed, replacing glass break when it kept malfunctioning). We moved our panel around several times based on the recommendation of the rep because of interference issues (tv, refrigerator, washer/dryer, microwave). We even sent some of the free sensors back because they never worked due to being too far away from the panel (They claim 100 feet of range but ours wouldn't connect 35 feet away because of two bedroom doors it had to go thru). I finally just gave up on the idea of whole house security with this system and let it go because I was tired of being on the phone with them. Should've returned the whole thing at that point.

We didn't have any issues for the last year with the panel or sensors. Some of them did fall off but we just bought our own tape from Home Depot and that resolved the issue. We even had one false alarm and they called pretty quickly. Now the sensors have started to fail. One sensor in the main living area keeps going offline. This is a main break in entry point for our home so puts us at the highest risk when it goes down. The first rep claimed it was because we didn't open the window enough to keep the sensor active. We have plenty of windows we don't open that haven't been a problem. Then, despite it being in the same location without issues for the past year, I was asked to move the panel because it was too close to the electronic items in the kitchen (microwave, refrigerator).

When I moved it to the laundry room, which is in the middle of the house, they claimed that counter height was not high enough off the ground and may be too close to the washer and dryer. Then another sensor went offline but came back online on its own. But the main window sensor keeps malfunctioning and now they claim it's too close to the 1 TV we have in our home. I was told that routers, TVs, refrigerators, microwaves, cameras, or any electronics will cause interference with the system. Our living spaces are open to each other without any walls in between so I can't believe they're claiming it's the TV that's causing a problem when there is also another sensor on the opposite window that hasn't had any issues.

They won't even entertain that idea that the sensor might be the problem even though it's the only one causing a problem. We've had no issues for the past 13 months until recently and nothing else has changed in our home. If this had happened in the first 30 days, I guarantee you they would be sending me a new sensor to resolve the issue. But now that I'm stuck in the 3 year contract, they don't care and will likely continue to give me the run around until I just break down and buy another crappy sensor.

So Frontpoint is only for you if 1) you have no electronics in your home 2) you don't own any home appliances 3) you live in a home that's very small with no walls or doors. I should've just went with a professional install. Apparently cancelling is a nightmare so I'm ready for that. I'll send my cancellation notice via email, fax, certified mail, and carrier pigeon if necessary. Luckily, my best friend is a consumer lawyer. When you call in to ask about how to cancel, record the conversation so that details aren't missed and you can say you followed their directions. I've stopped recommending frontpoint after this.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2019

This company has a fantastic PR team that does a great job of only highlighting the experience of people who recently signed up but buyer beware! They are super nice when they are trying to get your money but that quickly goes out the door when they have you think about your experience in general - what companies require contracts? Those with terrible customer service who use 3 years sentences to force you to keep their service. Companies with good products don't have to force you to stay!

The customer service is terrible, the products are grossly overpriced (2 can buy 2 ring doorbells for what they charge for their no name brands), and even the monitoring is questionable. My cellular would go out regularly (your service is on it's own cellular network) without warning and not a peep from Frontpoint. I would have to notify them that once again the network is down and I live in a major city with great cell coverage. Save yourself the headache and read the reviews from customers who have had this crappy service for more than a month oh and yeah don't even get me started on the painful cancelation process! Pretty much as the other 1 star reviews have stated. Again no surprise. They rope into a 3 year contract.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

Frontpoint has terrible customer service and will not admit to dropping the ball and definitely won't apologize for it. Look elsewhere for quality customer care and service. I regret buying their service and you will too, especially when it comes time to end your contract with them. In my case, they requested an email formally stating we wished to terminate early. We sent that off and never heard from them, assuming it was over. The individual we worked with then didn't do anything with the email and we were still being charged. This went on for months. When we called to get to the bottom of all this and get this cleared up, they really didn't go out of their way to make this ok and I found out we weren't the only ones that had been charged after a cancellation. They made a big deal of us being a 3-year customer and they were sorry to see us go but when it came to rectifying what had happened to us, they really dropped the ball.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

A number of months ago, we purchased a security system from Frontpoint. We live in a rural location, so I was concerned about the upload speeds, since cameras were our primary objective. I was told that upload speeds of around 1.5 mbs would be required for each camera. When the equipment arrived (and before unboxing) I was advised by tech support to download a speed test and check the internet speeds. When I checked it, the upload speeds were not as required.

I then called tech support again about returning the equipment and the guy told me.."it will work with speeds that low". IT WILL NOT!! My fault for allowing this fiasco to extend beyond the 30 day trial period, so not they say "no refunds and the monitoring fees still apply for the duration of the CONTRACT". Ummm...nope. I will contact the CC company, notify of deceptive sales and cancel all future payments. I would NEVER recommend Frontpoint. Please move on to a more reputable company. Also, I boxed up all the equipment and returned it to Frontpoint. Now they tell me they never received. Should have guessed.

Frontpoint Company Information