2.1/5 (68 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About Frontpoint

Frontpoint offers wireless home security packages with professional monitoring and app-based control. New customers work with Frontpoint representatives to find a personalized security solution for their home. Systems come preprogrammed and are designed for easy, do-it-yourself installation. Customers can try a Frontpoint home security system risk-free for 30 days.

Pros

• Month-to-month service available
  • Compatible with Alexa and Google Home
  • Build-your-own system option

Cons

• No professional installation option
  • No lifetime warranty on equipment

Bottom Line

Frontpoint security systems offer high-tech equipment and 24-hour professional monitoring. If you don’t mind installing it yourself, a Frontpoint alarm system could be a smart option for home protection.

Frontpoint Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Original review: May 22, 2021

Every time I screw up and forget to shut the alarm off, they call me right away. So I know they're keeping a good eye on things. There was one time when one of my sensors fell off the ceiling, and the alarm started going off. Frontpoint was calling me before I even got down to where the alarm fell off. So I really appreciated that. It was really weird when you don't know what was going on. I was in a bit of a panic mode. But the person that called was calming me down, so it was very helpful. I'm very pleased with the service.

I needed technical support when the sensor fell off the ceiling because there was one piece that was black and I didn't see it. I tried rebuilding the sensor myself and it wasn't working. But the technician walked me through taking it apart and we knew from him guiding me through that there was a piece missing. I went downstairs and found it. Once I put it together, it worked again. I bought the new sensor but I still have it downstairs. I never did put it back up. The nice thing about Frontpoint is you don't have to drill holes through your walls and run wires. You can put everything up yourself. I did that all myself and it was very easy. Another plus is the fact that it's not using the telephone cable. It's using the cell phones. Everything's been fine.

Original review: May 21, 2021

The representatives of Frontpoint are great. They get 10s across the board, except for pricing. It's $50 a month and it's really outrageous. For that aspect alone, I've actually contemplated another service. The only reason why I haven't done that so far is because I would have to buy a whole system again. But the other companies that I've looked into charge $10 a month.

Original review: May 21, 2021

I like the cellular part of Frontpoint. Also, every time I call, they always answer or try to send me to reps that can answer my questions. Then they always offer free devices just to incentivize the renewal process, which makes it a lot easier for us, the customer. As for intrusion, alarms and whatnot, they call within 30 seconds after the alarm goes off. Some time I trip it myself and they called and asked for the passcode. After I gave the passcode, everything was squared away. I just upgraded the new hub and I got rid of my old touchscreen. So far, so good. I got their version of the Ring camera and sometimes it loses connection. Then what I would recommend is to get more cameras on the site as products. I was looking right into their camera system and they really have limited selections.

Original review: May 20, 2021

I had a home security system and I was looking for something less expensive. Somehow, I stumbled on to Frontpoint. The customer service was good and the installation was very easy.

Original review: May 20, 2021

I've had the panel not work a couple of times and there were things wrong with some of the sensors but I’ve always had help and it was resolved. I’ve been happy with the service from Frontpoint. At some point though, they should look at upgrading their stuff. We’ve been with them for eight years and everything is going well. But a person who signs with Frontpoint now has a device that is totally a different generation. While mine seems to function okay, it’s like getting an iPhone 4. For people who have stayed with them, they should automatically have a program for upgrading their sensors with the newest version. It doesn't have to be every year but periodically such as every three to five years when there's a generational change. It’s Frontpoint's responsibility to do that. They should not lose customers because somebody else is poaching their loyal customers with new equipment.

Original review: May 19, 2021

I’ve got 30 sensors and I like that I can access the system when I’m traveling. But sometimes, when I have certain issues and I'm away from home, Frontpoint cannot do anything unless I'm by the panel. Also, in a lot of devices, things come in and out of connection. So that means I get a message such that a certain device in the garage has been disconnected and then, a couple of hours later, it comes back in online. But overall, it has been a decent experience.

Original review: May 19, 2021

The installation was easy enough. I recently did an upgrade. So I got the latest and greatest. Frontpoint is definitely an option to go with. It may be cheaper than some of the other alternatives out there.

Original review: May 18, 2021

I've been using my Frontpoint security system for over 3 years. The parts I've issues with (giving false alarms and such). They are a little pricey for what you get, too. When I went to close my account since I am moving to a place that has a pre-existing system, I was told I had to give a 30-day notice. Thought 2 weeks is sufficient. When you give a 30-day notice they charge you for the full month. I simply wished to close out at the end of the month, when I move. Went through my 3-year + contract and saw no mention of this. This is all automated, too. Hence, no says they can override. Total money grab and an abusive practice. Could not get to a manager either.

Original review: May 18, 2021

The support was good and they helped us when we needed it. Everything ran smoothly and worked the way it should, so we were happy with it. The system did what we needed it to do, so we liked it. It was a good experience and I would recommend Frontpoint to other people.

Original review: May 18, 2021

Frontpoint is really nice because it's all wireless and simple setup. The customer service has always been pretty good. They have that feature where they don't keep you on hold forever. They call you back. The installation was really easy. The system came already set up. We just put those sensors where we want them. The app works really well. I can pretty much change some of the settings from there and see what kind of alerts I'm getting, or if there's any problem with the system itself, I get a notification. I would definitely recommend to get Frontpoint because of the ease of use and it's monitored 24 hours a day and it's cellular, so there's no wires to cut, so nobody can disable it from the outside.

Original review: May 17, 2021

Frontpoint has usually given good customer service and sometimes, when I struggle with the bill, they have payment plans and things they will help you with. But they are probably a little pricey. $45 a month is a little high compared to some of the other companies out there where you can deal with stuff yourself. But other than that, Frontpoint is a good company. They monitor their alarms and they call if they get one. They provide good technical support as well as customer support.

Original review: May 17, 2021

Frontpoint self-installation instructions were straightforward and I had no problems. I've been very happy with my system and I've been able to do everything I've wanted to do. I recommend Frontpoint to people that want that sort of security system.

Original review: May 16, 2021

The sales experience with Frontpont was good and they were helpful. The rep was more knowledgeable than me. I thought I needed more than I did and he would suggest things. He had a good understanding of things once I explained the home and proposed an appropriate product. The installation was pretty easy even though we had to call with a question about one thing. The system has been good for us and we've been happy with it.

Original review: May 16, 2021

Frontpoint had a decent price. It didn't require a landline so it communicated to the base station then to the monitoring center. It seemed like a decent system to try. In the beginning, communication with Frontpoint was good. But in 2019, we had a bad experience with them. We had gone out and our dogs were at home. The glass break sensor was tripped. We got a call from Frontpoint and we told them we wanted them to send the police to the house and they said they would. They would give us a call back once they confirmed what had happened.

We got home and there were no police there. The alarm was off. We called Frontpoint back and they said the police checked it out and there was no problem. They mentioned that from the time that the alarm had gone off, it had taken several minutes for them to call us. Once we told them to send the police, it took several more minutes for them to even call the police. They didn't even have the right phone number on record for the police department. It was more than six minutes of a wait before they even contacted the police to dispatch them.

We pretty much made a decision that if that was what the security company was and that was how long it was going to take, then we might as well use somebody else. But Frontpoint told us we signed a contract and we can't get out of it even though we were extremely unsatisfied. After that, we packed the system up and didn't use it. We had to suck up the payments every month.

After that, Frontpoint gave us a couple of months of credit. They offered to give us an upgraded base station and a few extra sensors. From a customer service standpoint, it was a good thing for them to give us those things. But that didn't make up for the fact that we had an intruder in our house for eight minutes before the police even got there. It didn't sit right with us.

Original review: May 15, 2021

We've had Frontpoint in our home for at least four years now and it has worked out very well. But we had some issues two years ago with a lot of false alarms. Frontpoint sent us a new computer board for the module. It was the actual key panel. It was with the antenna as it’s a new updated system. That works quite well. The biggest problem we have now is with the motion detectors going off. We had one go off the other day and we have no idea why. Other than that, everyone that we talked to was great. We've been kicking it back and forth about getting the cameras. Our next step is possibly getting those and having those installed with the system.

Original review: May 15, 2021

I liked what I saw when I researched Frontpoint and they had positive reviews. I liked the wireless setup that they had and that I could install the system myself and own my own equipment. The installation was a piece of cake to do. You just stick the system pieces in place. There was nothing highly technical or complicated needed to install them.

Frontpoint is all user-friendly. I have a glass breakage detector, one camera, window sensors, door sensors, and the base station. All of them worked easily and in sync with each other. The technical support they offer is great. They handled any need for response appropriately like when there is an accidental setting off of the alarm. Customer service was quite responsive all the time and they didn't over-respond. They weren't too quick to call the police. They gave me a chance to be reached by phone, email or text so that was all good.

Original review: May 14, 2021

Frontpoint is a good option. I have a security system with them and I have no issues.

Original review: May 14, 2021

Frontpoint is competitively priced. The installation was pretty straightforward and simple. The system seems to be working fine and I set the alarm for my phone. The alarm goes off when it should although we did have a couple of false alarms and customer service called. We told them that everything was fine. In the few times I have had to interact with them, they were always very pleasant and they resolve things quickly.

Original review: May 13, 2021

I sold my house so I was pending my service with Frontpoint temporarily. Customer service was good when I called. I've had the security system for multiple years and I've been very satisfied. It's just the fire alarm and motion sensors.

Original review: May 13, 2021

I liked Frontpoint's price and I was comfortable with installing the things myself. I wanted to make sure that my house is secure and that I can monitor what's going on at any time. Frontpoint's sales rep has been very straightforward. When I first got the system, I got discounts because I was a new customer and they got me a good deal. But as I've had to replace something that either broke or just buy additional equipment to cover more parts of the house, and I found those prices to be crazy expensive. But it is what it is.

I found the installation to be pretty easy. I work in tech, so I'm comfortable with all that but I have friends that have not used Frontpoint just because they don't want to deal with all the setup. For the most part, the system does what I was told it will do. I wish it had more features like better integration with Google Assistant and the Google Home. There's some integration, but that's kind of funky. It doesn't work all the time. I also have a small garage, and as it turns out, with the old control panel, I was able to control the garage doors. But with the newer ones, that's not possible. And they flat out told me that they were having some technical issues with the new one to set up my smart garage doors. I thought that was odd because I was getting a newer version of the control panel, but it had less functionality than the previous one.

Also, I didn't know about that until after I had purchased the new control panel. So, it was in the middle of setup when I was trying to configure the new panel that I had to call the technical support team because I couldn't figure out the garage doors. That was when they told me that, “Actually, with the new panel, you can’t do it.” For anyone that is tech savvy, I will recommend Frontpoint because you can get some value when compared to other competitors.

Original review: May 12, 2021

I was renting a house and it was easier to buy the whole system myself and put it in. Frontpoint's rates were a little better at that time. I could pick and choose what I wanted. I first got the control box or the keypad, then the door sensors and motion sensors. Then I eventually got some glass breaking sensors. It’s really simple to use. I rarely call customer service unless I need something like the battery goes bad. Then the keypad had to be replaced. They just sent another one out and then everything has batteries in it. The batteries haven’t gone bad, I just changed them because it’s been a while. If I have questions, they're there to help so it’s pretty good.

Original review: May 12, 2021

Frontpoint has been convenient, and we were recommended by a friend who was satisfied. We set the system up ourselves. It was easy. Customer service is great. Anytime we've ever set off the alarm as a false alarm, they call immediately and get everything handled. I like Frontpoint, so I would recommend it to other people.

Original review: May 11, 2021

Frontpoint is easy to install, reliable, responsive, and convenient. Its feature seems to work.

Original review: May 10, 2021

Frontpoint was cheaper than ADT. I liked the offer and the service. It seemed good. I've had their home system for three years now. The system includes window sensors, door sensors, and motion detectors. We now have a touchscreen pad which is nice. It seems pretty easy to use. We've been very happy so far.

Original review: May 9, 2021

I installed the Frontpoint system myself. I had one or two questions and customer service was helpful in telling me how to do it, so it wasn't a big deal. I was relatively satisfied with the program. I own two homes. I switched to Ring instead of Frontpoint in my other home. I find that the Ring app works better and it cost less in the long run.

When my Frontpoint system got old, I had a lot of difficulties figuring out how to upgrade the system and get it operational. They sold me a system upgrade that did not work with my existing equipment. We went almost a year without the system working. I finally spent a couple of hours with Frontpoint before we actually got to the system where it was operational again. But after a lot of phone calls and a lot of discussions, I was not really happy with that whole process. Also, we had several false alarms that Frontpoint was unable to explain. I'm much more satisfied with Ring and I plan on switching to them as soon as my contract with Frontpoint expires.

Original review: May 8, 2021

We bought the Frontpoint system for my mom. We've had it for seven years and we've been pretty happy overall. I love the fact that I can control everything over my cell phone. If we're away, I can see the activity that's going on and I can turn it on or off. That's a big thing for us. I've recommended Frontpoint to a bunch of people.

Original review: May 8, 2021

The system of Frontpoint is excellent. We've had them now for a while. We did the install, but they helped us. They surely gave us step-by-step instructions. I completely feel confident now that I have it. When we travel, I don't worry. Now I have cameras. So, we’re good.

Original review: May 7, 2021

The quality of the system of Frontpoint is not as good if there are sensors that keep falling off the door. Other than that, it’s fine. It works when it works. When it went off a couple of times because of that sensor, the cops came out.

Original review: May 7, 2021

Frontpoint had the best reviews on the internet. I did the system installation myself and it was super easy. Every time I called, their customer service was good. Anytime I have a problem, it gets solved pretty quickly.

Original review: May 6, 2021

Frontpoint originally had a touchscreen base monitor that almost burned my house down because of a defective battery that came from the supplier. They've since replaced the equipment. They've since overhauled their interface, yet they have not replaced it with replacement functionality to give it the same level of technical ease and self-sufficiency that the original did. Their customer service and their product are outstanding. But their level of technology, despite the fact that they are an advanced technology company, needs to catch up a little bit.

Frontpoint is supposed to be writing new software and apps for their updated touchscreen that I was sent about four weeks ago, which took almost 18 months for them to send me. They're good, not great. I signed up for great. Now, if they could write new software and get the functionality up to where it was five years ago, then I would recommend it to everybody. But if it wasn't for their very high and attentive level of customer service, I would have left them a couple of years ago when the incident with the equipment happened. They have some outstanding managers, and overall, their level of customer service is what separates them from everybody else.

Frontpoint Company Information