2.8/5 (59 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About Frontpoint

Frontpoint offers wireless home security packages with professional monitoring and app-based control. New customers work with Frontpoint representatives to find a personalized security solution for their home. Systems come preprogrammed and are designed for easy, do-it-yourself installation. Customers can try a Frontpoint home security system risk-free for 30 days.

Pros

• Month-to-month service available
  • Compatible with Alexa and Google Home
  • Build-your-own system option

Cons

• No professional installation option
  • No lifetime warranty on equipment

Bottom Line

Frontpoint security systems offer high-tech equipment and 24-hour professional monitoring. If you don’t mind installing it yourself, a Frontpoint alarm system could be a smart option for home protection.

Frontpoint Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Original review: July 12, 2021

We've been very happy with Frontpoint's service. We initially got them when we lived in Maryland back in 2016. They were very good during the installation. When we went to Hawaii, we didn't need it and they were very good about letting us out of our contract. We explained that we were retired military and we were gonna go be living on federal property. Then we came back in 2019 and went with them again ‘cause we liked the service before. I did call another company to compare but the biggest factor for me was, at the time, the other company was still pushing a landline and we haven't had a telephone line in almost 10 years. It sounded a lot more complicated and I wasn't gonna get a house landline just so I could have a security system, whereas everything with Frontpoint is cellular. Even if there's a power outage, they have a backup system.

If you have any questions, it's relatively easy to get hold of an actual person instead of a machine and a million options. I'm the kind of person that sometimes I just wanna talk to a human being when we’re having an issue and they're very responsive. If you have a sensor that isn't connecting or isn't hooked, they're very good about saying, “We're gonna send you a new one. Just return the old one.” When we travel, we know the house is secure. Also, if I'm home in the evening and there's any attempt to break in, we have notification. If there’s a smoke, the alarm goes off too.

Original review: July 11, 2021

It has been a strange experience with Frontpoint only because the actual brain of the alarm system never worked properly. The box has always been blinking since I've had it. It's been blinking on and off from one color to the other. I don't know if it connects to one of the cellular antennas so that cellular connection has never worked. But every time I called, the reps said move it from one location to another because of the interference. I do that and regardless of where it is, it has never worked. I also get dropped connections periodically from certain locations, whether it be the master bedroom, the dining room or the office.

Original review: July 10, 2021

Frontpoint is little bit more expensive on my monitoring compared to the other systems that I had. Other than that, the equipment's great and the response has been fine. I'm very satisfied.

Original review: July 9, 2021

The system is easy to use and understand and I definitely feel secure with it. We had recently tried to get an upgrade to the 5G network but the equipment wasn't available. There was some difficulty in the delivery of the equipment.

Original review: July 8, 2021

The reps at Frontpoint have been helpful in walking us through the setup. Every time we've called and talked to one, we've never had any issue. We do feel more secure with Frontpoint and I will recommend them.

Original review: July 7, 2021

Frontpoint is said to be one of the top-rated security companies and they did security on military sites. I decided that it might be a good option. Plus, the equipment was an easy setup. We've been involved with Frontpoint for five years now and we have been well satisfied with the way the system works. One time, we accidentally set the fire alarm off and we got a call immediately. We had many people knocking on the door wanting us to switch out our system and change to something else, but we have seen no need to do so. Frontpoint's equipment and service are very good. I've told people that we use Frontpoint and would recommend it.

Original review: July 6, 2021

I was able to install the Frontpoint system myself and set it up. The installation was super easy. The reps have been phenomenal and they do a great job with me. We have an ongoing issue with the battery and they sent me another one free of charge. Other than that, the system is very reliable. We monitor it. We see any activities while we're here or while we're coming home or while we're leaving. It gives very good peace of mind and sense of security.

Original review: July 5, 2021

Frontpoint works very well and that's why I've kept it. We've upgraded the system with some smoke alarms. The price is very affordable and nice. The system sent off a couple of warnings that the control panel back panel had detached, and it was not attached because of the battery. The battery had swollen and did not operate efficiently. I had a couple other issues and called technical support. They said I would need a new panel. This particular guy that I talked to was not the kindest in the world. He told me it would be 358 bucks. He said, “Or you can get another battery for it. But we don't sell them.” But that doesn't help me on either term. It's an outrageous cost for the box since I've been with them for 10 years. So I hung up.

I called back a second time because I had another issue and the lady that I talked to was very nice. This is over the holiday and she said, “Can't get ahold of the business office. But if you call back and get to the business office, they can probably work with you.” So that was what I did this morning. The lady was incredibly nice. She gave the new panel to me at no cost. It was finalized today and it's supposed to be in my possession by Friday or Saturday.

Original review: July 4, 2021

My wife found Frontpoint and they have good customer service. We had already bought a four-camera system but it needed to be hardwired. She found this option and it was cheaper. I did it myself in less than half an hour. Every time we check the doorbell camera, it's going to show us what's going on or we can see our dog in the front yard waiting for us to come home. But the ones in the living room, a lot of times, we will try to use them and they'll buffer a lot. That's kind of a common occurrence. Also, when the system goes off, we get that call asking for a password and, "Who am I speaking with?" That's always a little aggravating, especially when we did it as an accident. What probably is even more disappointing is when that system does get accidentally triggered, we don't get a call asking if we are okay. That happened a couple of times.

Original review: July 3, 2021

We had a problem with the system recently. One would keep falling off and wouldn’t go back on, and they kept getting a flashing light. I was on the phone for almost four hours with Frontpoint and finally, what I did is I just left it alone, hoping it would reset itself. When I had more patience, I was gonna spend 20 minutes on it and then I fixed it myself.

The quality of the system is not that good. I went out and spent 200 on internet boosters from my internet provider and I put two in each room. I've got boosters all over the house, and they still don’t always pick it up. The signal is not too weak for anything else in the house. My stepson was upstairs and he had no trouble with using one of the boosters. I've got a system which stinks, but thank God, I never need it. I called to try to fix it, and they were useless. It was very frustrating. They had me do the same thing over and over again, and they kept saying it was my signal. I called Comcast, and they said, “It's not your signal. Your signal is really strong.” Two boosters in each room. One is usually enough.

Original review: July 2, 2021

Frontpoint needs improvement with equipment and customer service. I've always had an issue talking to somebody intelligent who knows how to troubleshoot glitches in the system. I still have some cameras I haven't hooked up just because trying to get a hold of them is painful and it takes too long. Also, if they say this is DIY, not everybody can. It's not as easy as they advertise. I've wired and built houses but not everybody can do this. Trying to read through the code is a little difficult. Please send somebody over to help me.

Original review: July 1, 2021

I have multiple alarms and Frontpoint is my third security system. I've got two hardwired, and then I figured, “Why not?” I like it a lot. It’s simple. The only thing that sucks is that it’s handled through Alarm.com, the app. The main hardwired PEAK Alarm here in Utah uses Alarm.com for their app as well and if I change the password on one system, it logs into the other, and then we can’t access the other one. It’s a pain, but that's not Frontpoint's fault. Outside of that, I've had great experience all the way through.

Original review: June 30, 2021

Get Frontpoint. I got a couple of motion detectors and all the windows and stuff downstairs, and it all works fine. They call me when it goes off. We also got the app on our phones and it’s good. I like it.

Original review: June 29, 2021

The installation of my sensors was fine. When I upgraded to a newer system with a digital panel, it was great but the charge doesn't last very long. I kept charging every other day and ended up having to run my own power for it. Other than that, the newer system is a lot better than the old one I had. It's a more modern digital panel versus a little push-button analog-type thing. But Frontpoint should improve customer service, tech support, and getting back to somebody in some kind of emergency.

I ​had an incident where the lights went out at home. I didn't know that the lights were out in the neighborhood and I opened up the door and the Frontpoint system went off. They called me right away and I explained to the rep that it was me and that the power's off. I asked what to do because the alarm kept going and resetting. It was rearming itself after going off for three minutes and then going off again as soon as we opened the door to do something. The rep helped me out and cancelled the alarm. She told me that she would get me a tech but then the alarm stopped ringing so I thought that was it.

We came to find out that the alarm reset and it kept going off. So I had to go through a whole thing through their phone system that goes through a host just to get somebody from tech support to help me. I got somebody on the phone and they said “Okay, we got to switch you over to tech support again.” I then had to go through a whole other thing but I couldn't get anybody on the line because they were backed up. So, they put me on a list for a callback. Nobody was calling me back because when the first person called, they put my system on test mode because the power was out. So, Frontpoint knew that it was a false alarm. About an hour later, somebody called and told me I didn't need the Wi-Fi to shut the system off. They said I could do that through the panel.

At the time, I couldn't shut it off through the panel because when it went off originally, I was trying to cancel it and I must have pushed something while the panel went into search for the Wi-Fi mode. The Wi-Fi was out so it was searching and it wouldn’t let me get off that screen. Two hours later, the panel was back and I was able to shut it off. But just to get that information or for somebody to try to help me, it was basically impossible.

Original review: June 28, 2021

Prior to getting Frontpoint, I wasn't sleeping at night because while I was out of the country, people broke in and vandalized my home. It was very scary. At the time, my son was about 15 years old and he is a high-functioning autistic. I already have issues with sleeping at night, plus I'm also a widow. So I had a whole lot of stuff going on with me and I needed something to feel safe right away. I called Frontpoint and they talked to me about their product. I liked that the equipment could be mailed to me and that I could set it up myself. I watched a lot of the tutorials that were online and I thought that that was going to be perfect for me because I could set it up.

Aside from that, I could call and ask questions while I was setting up, which was what I did when I was setting everything up. It was so easy and I have been able to sleep since then. That was in 2016 and I have not had any issues so far. I've had one or two glitches that I've had to come and fix, but other than that, I've slept better than prior to what happened. I also tell everybody about Frontpoint when it comes to security systems. Everything that I've been concerned about, I've called and talked to someone about it, and they’ve given me all kinds of solution.

Original review: June 27, 2021

I recently added the doorbell to my Frontpoint system. I got a couple of deals I got to stick up but I got them a while ago. It's just me finding the right place to put them. I got good support from their tech group. I’d recommend a friend to take a look at Frontpoint.

Original review: June 26, 2021

I had a problem with the little devices that you stick on the doors. The sliding glass door was a problem. So, Frontpoint had to send me another one, and that got resolved. But recently, that started acting really weird. I was on the phone with someone named Christopher several days ago, and that was a rather torturous conversation. But eventually, we got the one that I have to work. Then, he finally agreed to send me a new one. Now, I have the new one here, and I can't get it to work. So, I have to call them again and get it figured out.

He couldn't answer my question. What was happening was, I'd be sitting in my living room, and all of the sudden, the patio door closed, and I wasn't even near the patio door. Our patio door opened, and I wasn't even near it. So, I said, “Do you have an explanation for that?” He said, “No.” It's only been the patio door. That's the most important door. They couldn't tell me why that was happening, which is why I called them to begin with.

Other than that, I downloaded the app, and I turn the system on and off through that. It’s very easy. Then, I have the thing on the wall where you can also activate and deactivate from the thing you stick on the wall. Overall, I don't think it's difficult to comprehend at all. I would recommend Frontpoint but one caveat to that is the customer service people need to be more experienced. The rep I dealt with had to keep putting me on hold. I could tell he was new. So, Frontpoint needs to stick with someone who's more experienced.

Original review: June 25, 2021

When I went through some issues, Frontpoint's service wasn't the smoothest operation but then they did rectify it. They sent me new equipment out if I would sign up for a year and promised to re-up my contract for a year, which was fine. Everything seems to be working great. I had an alarm go off once. The whole thing was so freaky, and it happened in the middle of the night. They didn't call and I was blaming them. It could have been me. But for the most part, my experience has been positive. They do respond. The other day, I tested my smoke alarm. They responded right away because I had to replace some battery.

I wish that they would have notified me that the closest panel was no longer being manufactured. When I ended up having a battery that was fat in the back of my alarm panel, that was what set my alarm off. The battery had swelled up so bad. I'm surprised I didn't have a fire, and that was what concerned me. I had called them because I was having a hard time finding a battery. I didn't want to replace the battery. It was the second time I replaced it. When I went to replace it, I said, “I'm concerned that this is going to happen again.” The guy I was talking to said, “Oh, we don't manufacture them anymore. But we can give you the new equipment.” I would have rather had somebody notify me early on that the batteries start exploding on you. But for the most part, it's not been the worst experience in the world.

Original review: June 24, 2021

Frontpoint recently updated the security panel. Everything seems to work fine with our system. Monitoring fees are a little higher than other people, but I recognize you get what you pay for sometimes. Their customer service department is really good and very thorough. They give you options.

Original review: June 23, 2021

Frontpoint had a lower upfront cost and it was also a DIY setup. Anybody could install it by themselves compared to someone else that would charge you a fee to install the system. The setup was easy, the instruction was very clear, and they have a lot of tutorial videos to help you. Tech support is also very good at helping a lot. Customer service was very polite and efficient. Overall, it was a great experience. Frontpoint is easy to use.

Original review: June 22, 2021

I've been with Frontpoint for a while and I've been happy. They are very friendly, prompt, and have customer care. They provide 100% satisfaction guaranteed. If something goes wrong, they will replace it or find a way to make it better for the customers. There was a time when my alarm was going off on its own for some reason. Customer service told me exactly step-by-step what to do. One of the alarms was on the window. I had to make sure that it was connected correctly or if it had a default on it. They told me to take it off and they sent me a new one without charging me because I'm one of their valued customers. They also asked me if I wanted to upgrade to get the other one that is sensitive but it doesn't have a battery thing inside of it. I upgraded to the other ones they got.

Original review: June 16, 2021

I've been a Frontpoint customer for about 8 years. The few times I've ever needed service, I am shocked by how amazing they are. Quick to reply, easy to understand, and always friendly. They should be used as a model for other companies. Would recommend 100/100.

Original review: May 28, 2021

When I speak to their reps, it's great. They're very knowledgeable, quick and easy to help and easy to get that done. But Frontpoint prides itself that you can do everything online or through the app, and especially setting up your system and I've had issues with that. I changed my Wi-Fi recently and I went online to figure out how to change my cameras over to that new system. What it told me online didn't work. It didn't even match up with what I needed to do. That was frustrating when they pride themselves on that, but then it doesn't work. It doesn't seem like that part has gotten updated. But I like how everything's interactive and how everything works together with itself. You can buy smoke detectors, flood detectors, window opening and door sensors. I enjoy it. I'm really happy with them.

Original review: May 27, 2021

Frontpoint offers similar products with other companies but the cost was really good, and there were great reviews on it. I liked the fact that the cost was less and the monthly cost for us was less. I liked being able to set it up myself to kind of put everything in place. I liked the fact that it was all wireless. I've been happy with the service. Their customer service was upfront and very intuitive. The instructions on how to set up the system was very easy to follow and put together. There's been times where we've had a false alarm where a kid opens a door that alarms and they were very quick to respond. They do call every time. I've never had a instance where we did actually set the alarm off and they didn't check to make sure it was okay. So, I'm pretty confident and comfortable with the way they do their service.

Original review: May 26, 2021

We chose Frontpoint because of the cost and setup. We're pretty tech-savvy, so we chose one that we could set up ourselves. The instructions are really clear. Installation was really easy for us. Outside of setup, in terms of customer service, if I needed to get ahold of Frontpoint immediately because of a false alarm, it's not like it clicks through right away. When it comes to false alarm, time is money because the police will come to your residence. Then if it is a false alarm, then you'll get charged a fine by the city. So, in terms of the customer service, I think they need to have an emergency line where you can click through to a representative immediately.

If you have pets, the motion sensors are not a good choice. I bought some and essentially, they're a complete waste because we have two cats under 15 pounds each. The problem with Frontpoint is that you can't place the motion sensors higher than five feet above the ground. So, if a cat were to jump up on a table, the alarm goes off. It's good, but it's overly sensitive. There are definitely better security systems for homes that have pets.

Original review: May 25, 2021

Frontpoint's installation process was easy. I like that I can do it myself.

Original review: May 24, 2021

I like the ability to buy the equipment and there was no contract. The fact that all the equipment was wireless was a good thing for me also. It works. I like it. So far, I'm happy with it. I've had the system for about four years and I replaced the battery almost two weeks ago. I'm surprised with it. When I had some issues with the keyboard, they replaced it for me. They did a great job. The system is exactly like they advertise. I'm not a handy guy but I installed it myself. It's easy to install and very reliable. So far, so good.

Original review: May 23, 2021

The setup was easy. I was replacing an existing security system at the house from another company that I had trouble getting activated. I recently had to have some sensors replaced and they were great then, too. But some of the sensor manual or the information that you can get online was kind of sparse. I would have liked a little bit more info for some of them, but it was easy enough.

Original review: May 22, 2021

I have been a Frontpoint customer since 2014. Back then, they had good customer service, Called back quickly, and Replaced devices if they failed. 3 to 4 months ago my panel failed but they did not reach out to tell me that it was no longer communicating with them. I have paid for over 3 months of service without actually receiving service from frontpoint. My panel seemed like it was working normally at home during those 3 months. Lack of communication from them was my 1st Problem.

They told me that the old panel needed to be switched to a new hub. Rather than replacing it for free, I paid money for the new hub. The new hub does not work properly. 1. It is not chirp loudly whenever somebody opens the door. It has a low voice which is difficult to hear and is kind of creepy. Low pitches obviously are not good when it comes to security system. 2. Hub does not always detect whenever a door closes. 3. There is a delay on the keypad or hub. Whenever you put your code in, it waits and even alarms before it actually shuts off! This is concerning as it calls frontpoint for a possible emergency before your 4 digits are recognized/accepted. No, there are no metal devices between the two. They are properly placed.

I have called front point multiple times and told them that the hub is not working. They have told me twice that they would call me back and they failed to do so. They did try to get the door sensors to work. But they are still not working(hub does not detect when closed). I Have asked for a high pitched chime (or to have the old unit back and working), and money back for 3 months. They have been able to do none of this. Front point used to be amazing, Now I am thinking about going to a different company. I see that their good reviews are also Becoming less and less. So if they don't change soon.... They will be out of business. They are about to lose mine.

Original review: May 22, 2021

Every time I screw up and forget to shut the alarm off, they call me right away. So I know they're keeping a good eye on things. There was one time when one of my sensors fell off the ceiling, and the alarm started going off. Frontpoint was calling me before I even got down to where the alarm fell off. So I really appreciated that. It was really weird when you don't know what was going on. I was in a bit of a panic mode. But the person that called was calming me down, so it was very helpful. I'm very pleased with the service.

I needed technical support when the sensor fell off the ceiling because there was one piece that was black and I didn't see it. I tried rebuilding the sensor myself and it wasn't working. But the technician walked me through taking it apart and we knew from him guiding me through that there was a piece missing. I went downstairs and found it. Once I put it together, it worked again. I bought the new sensor but I still have it downstairs. I never did put it back up. The nice thing about Frontpoint is you don't have to drill holes through your walls and run wires. You can put everything up yourself. I did that all myself and it was very easy. Another plus is the fact that it's not using the telephone cable. It's using the cell phones. Everything's been fine.

Frontpoint Company Information