4.22/5
Based on 1,211 ratings submitted in the last year

Need a home alarm?

Frontpoint

Frontpoint does home security differently. By offering complete protection coupled with truly genuine and helpful service, Frontpoint gives customers everything they need and nothing they don’t. All Frontpoint customers get a personalized security solution designed to not only make them feel safe, but feel good, as well.

Every Frontpoint system comes with 100% wireless equipment and 100% cellular monitoring, for no extra charge. Cellular monitoring means a more reliable connection between the home and monitoring center, and wireless means no lines for burglars to cut. Frontpoint also works with you to ensure that every system is customized to fit every customer’s unique home and lifestyle needs. Frontpoint systems are also refreshingly simple, allowing for customers to set up, move or expand systems on their own, at any time.

In addition to intrusion, all Frontpoint monitoring plans include protection against fire, flood, freeze, carbon monoxide and medical emergencies. Also, advanced technology such as remote online access, free mobile apps keep customers in touch and in control at all times, no matter where they are. When consumers compare Frontpoint to the competition, it’s easy to see just what makes them stand out.

View More View More

Need a home alarm?

7675 Frontpoint Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 13, 2019

I got burglarized and I decided to purchase a home security system. I don’t live here full-time and I have a lot of tools in my garage because I’m a contractor. There’s a car here too. I was pleased with the Frontpoint reps on the phone. They were helpful and got right on it. Installation was simple. I didn’t understand a couple of things, so I called and they helped me get it all straightened out. Every time I talked to Frontpoint, they’ve been very good. Also, I set the alarm off by accident, so I know it works. One time, I forgot to set it when I left but I was able to set it through my phone.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I got a new house and decided to purchase a home security system and Frontpoint seemed like it's a good system. Their reps were friendly and helpful and installing the system was very easy. The features all seem to work and the cost is in line.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I wanted to get a home security system to protect my home and monitor activity. When my kids go to school and come home, the doorbell camera, with the camera, could alarm me and I would be able to hear what's going. Another thing is the fire alarm system. If I'm not at home and something goes wrong, it will help me to get the firefighters to come to my home. Also, in order to get a discount from my home insurance provider, I needed to have a home security system. I then went online and did research on different providers. I saw Frontpoint's reviews and I found them to be very competitive. Vivint and Frontpoint were the two leading companies, but I decided to get Frontpoint's services because they were the top rated in many places.

The salespeople I talked to on the phone were happy and they helped me a lot. They also got me some of the discounts on some of the products. I chose the top-notch tech to go on my house - the best movie video camera, the doorbell camera, and the touchpad panel. I ordered those months earlier when I was planning to buy a house and they came when I got into the house. What was delivered to me, however, was a manual panel. That made me dissatisfied with Frontpoint's sales dept. The people I spoke to when we were making the agreement confirmed that I would be getting the touch panel. Also, everyone at the top knows whatever price was locked.

When I called them about what happened, they told me that what I got was what I was supposed to get and if I wanted the touchpad panel, I needed to pay extra. I thought of returning all the equipment that I have but then I decided to use them. The system is working. Frontpoint keeps on calling me for any kind of alarm, but I like it.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I had a Frontpoint system for 3+ years and it was relatively trouble-free. Easy installation, good technical support on the phone, the equipment worked as needed (except the motion detectors what sent out false alarms I ended up taking off-line). My problems with Frontpoint started after I sold the house and tried to cancel the account. After 4 calls and lots of run-around I was informed that I needed to provide a 30 day written notice of termination of the service. Yes, I had an online portal but you couldn't give notice through your account. This was ONLY to make it harder to end the contract.

It was after FOUR calls to Frontpoint they told me about the written notice and tried to tell me that they had informed me from the first call. This was UNTRUE. At this point I understood that I was dealing with a shady business. Also, when I asked to speak to a supervisor I was summarily informed that there was no process at Frontpoint to speak to someone in charge. I tried to take my credit card off the account from my online Frontpoint portal and couldn't unless I supplied a different valid card number. I do not have much faith that this will end without bogus charges for a security system in a house I no longer live in and for a service I tried to cancel well over a month ago. If you go with Frontpoint, use caution - they are not forthright or honest.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I bought a house out in the mountains and it’s 10 minutes away from the nearest police station or fire department. I wanted to make sure that when I'm away from home, I have peace of mind that my house is secure. Frontpoint’s prices were right for the services they offered and they seemed to have great reviews online. I did a lot of research and they seemed to be a reputable company which was why I chose them. I’ve only had to speak with a few people since I’ve had the system put in but everybody that I’ve spoken with has not only been very friendly but extremely knowledgeable.

I did the installation myself and it was extremely easy and simple. I had a few issues because I was in the middle of nowhere and my connectivity was a little bit tricky to get. I had to find where in the house had the best signal but one of the techs stayed on the phone with me for a really long time to help with that. He was super patient and he had great phone etiquette. He walked me through what to do and he gave me steps to write down so that I didn’t have to call back if I ever wanted to run the test again. I was happy with it.

I like the features that the system offered but with the basic package that I have, it doesn’t give me the option to manage my system online. It tells me if it’s armed but I can only look at what’s active on the system. I can’t arm and disarm my system through an app and without paying for the next level of membership, which is another $10 or $15 a month. I didn’t feel that for the extra money per month, it was worth having that access but it kinda is. I like having the ability to be online miles away from my house and check my security system and turn the security system on from my phone. Frontpoint should offer the online option for the basic package but other than that, I’m very happy with the product, the services and the customer service. The system is very easy to use and as far as the cost for the value, it’s a very good deal.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Original review: March 11, 2019

I'd recommend Frontpoint. They seemed very straightforward and simple, and we heard a good review about them by someone we knew. Everyone at Frontpoint is on the ball, familiar with the product, and answers questions quickly. So, we have been very happy with everyone we've spoken to. Installing the system was very easy and straightforward. The base unit is easy to operate and understand. And the door sensors also installed easily enough, and they seem to always work. I'm also comfortable with what we've been paying. It was my wife's preference that we get Frontpoint. And having the system has helped in our sense of security. If I'm out of the house but she's still there, I'll often turn it on and I feel like since we've had it, my wife's more at ease when I get home.

Original review: March 10, 2019

We moved to a new area and I was searching for a home security company. Frontpoint popped up with good reviews, so I called them. They gave me some good deals and I chose to go with them. Everyone’s been spot on and the installation was okay. But I have to get ahold of them because I need to get a new sensor to the front door. Other than that, the installation was relatively simple and the system has good features. We used AT&T before but Frontpoint’s better.

Original review: March 10, 2019

I purchased a new home and I wanted to have it well-secured. I read the reviews of home security companies online and Frontpoint was one of the best that I’ve seen that fit my need. Their reps were very helpful and friendly. The installation was very easy, surprisingly. It only took 15-20 minutes. I got standard package with the doors and window sensors, and I like the features. They're really good although adding more sensors would be nice for the total home security. I would like to have some more window sensors in the future. The quality is really good and I like the app that I’m able to arm and disarm the system if I’m not home. The Frontpoint system makes us feel a lot more secure knowing that Frontpoint is monitoring the system 24/7.

Original review: March 10, 2019

I took the Frontpoint security system that I got from one house and put it into another house. I got a contract with them for three years, so I thought I might as well keep it. The transfer was easy to do and when I had interactions with their reps, everything went smoothly.

Original review: March 9, 2019

I stay in an apartment and my wife and daughter are home alone a lot. They wanted to get a security system. That way, we can monitor the house, have a camera in there to check out anything that’s going on in the house and I could communicate with them when I need to. Frontpoint's quick and easy process made me want to use them. They ship everything in the mail and the system is easy to hook up. You can do everything in an instant. Plus, their rep was good. He was very patient, helpful, and knew a lot about the system and what we needed. I was impressed with the fact that we could e-sign everything. The three-year contract is long though. Once you’re in it, you’re stuck.

The self-install was simple, but I had a little bit of trouble with the camera at first. It took a while to synchronize with my WiFi. Plus, the steps setting it up could’ve been shorter. Each step took an extra amount of minutes and after you've done what you had to do, it had to load a lot of different things. But other than that, everything was seamless. The features and quality are really good. We use the smartphone features all the time and they're easy to access. I can use my fingerprint to log in and access everything quickly. My family knows where we have the security system and if anything were to happen, we can use Frontpoint.

Original review: March 9, 2019

I purchased a home security system as a preventative measure and even though I've been with the company for less than a year, and I feel secure. Frontpoint was the better product, and the installation was fairly easy. The system and its features are fine.

Original review: March 9, 2019

My best friend had Frontpoint and she liked their service. I went with them as well and found that their reps were very friendly and good at following up. I had a friend help me install their system and I have liked the features that come with it so far. Though, I wish that their monthly fee was lower, I feel more secure at night with my Frontpoint system.

Original review: March 8, 2019

The installation call for my Frontpoint system was a little rough. I was looking for help, it made me feel like I was stupid. I was asking about why sensors were not showing up in the right order and it turned out that I hadn't installed three garage sensors and those were messing up my installation. With the information all in front of them, they just doggedly kept talking to me like I didn't know what I was talking about. But other than that, things has been good and the system has increased my sense of security.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I’m an AT&T employee but their security didn’t cover the area I moved in. I did an internet research and Frontpoint came out on top. With their system, I know that I have what I need and installing it was a piece of cake. It also lowers my insurance and I feel more secure with their system in my house.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I had someone going in and out of my apartment without my knowledge. I researched home security systems and Frontpoint was said to be number one. I got Frontpoint and the representatives were courteous and knowledgeable. I utilized the instructions and it was a very easy and consumer-friendly installation. The features offered in the system are fine and the quality of the equipment is very good. It works very well that it's so easy. Also, the cost is very reasonable for what I've got. Now, I feel rather secure. I use the app on my phone and I like that I get a message when my door is open any time. I could tell who's going in and out of my house at all times. If my door is open without my knowledge and my alarm is set off, they call me immediately to see if I need the policemen sent out or anything. So, Frontpoint is great.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I did a Google search and Frontpoint was the top rank to customer service security system, so I went with that option. They streamlined the process of getting the system set up and doing it yourself. Also, I like the timeliness of whenever they pick up the phone when I wanna reach out and call them. It is a super quick turnover and I am never on hold. The customer service aspect is really phenomenal.

The equipment itself is excellent. The only issue I had on the installation was that they gave three double-sided tape strips for the panel and the panel fell off the wall one night because of those strips. It didn't hold the panel and that crashed my system, so it triggered the alarm and woke us up out of our sleep in the middle of the night. It was traumatizing all because of the tapes. Everything else is fine and it is more than what is required from it, but the panel weighs the most and it should require the most care.

The instructions for setting up the system were thorough, but I still had to call in to make sure that I was doing something right. It could be beneficial if Frontpoint has somebody walk through those instructions when they write the instructions and make sure or see what the hiccups are or why people can mess up. I ran into a hiccup and I mentioned the system falling off the wall, so there was something with the quality of the tape or something with the instructions that could be a bit more thorough. Other than that, Frontpoint is doing a good job.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I needed a home security system and Frontpoint had a good introductory offer. I had a good interaction with the representative and they were very informative. They helped me make the right decision to figure out exactly what I needed for my home. My son did the installation for me and there was a number we called for assistance. The installation was easy and my son took about an hour and a half to do everything. Then we had a little bit of trouble with some of the sensors not sticking in different places in the house. It just has to be with the adhesive things that they sent with it. Also, it was very cold so when I put one on the garage door, it didn't adhere very well to the metal. So, I just bought a different kind of adhesive sticky for the back.

I'm happy so far with the features that are offered in the package. I travel a lot since I'm a truck driver and I have two adult children who live at home, so I like the smartphone features a lot. It's easy to use and it provides the information no matter where I'm at. The overall functionality and performance of the system are great. While I found out later that there were cheaper alternatives that I could have gone with, the cost was affordable because of the introductory deal that I got. I feel safer now and I am very satisfied with the Frontpoint system in general. So if you are interested in the type of security that I bought, Frontpoint is a good company to go with.

Original review: March 7, 2019

The Frontpoint rep I talked to was very polite. I got everything, but I'm still trying to get the cameras so when I'm not at home, I could see who goes into my house. The installation was easy and I did it myself. Plus, the system is helpful. I was away from home and one of my monitors fell off. It alerted me and the police. Everybody should have Frontpoint because it's very cheap to get. I've been relaxed since I got it.

Original review: March 7, 2019

There were some break-ins in my area. Frontpoint was one with the upgraded systems and they had better ratings, so I went with them. The person I dealt with was very helpful and knowledgeable. I typically have lots of questions when I sign up for stuff and he explained everything. Then I did the installation myself and it took me 10 minutes to do it. I feel a little more secure now that I have Frontpoint. I also like the app that I can use to activate the system whenever I’m not home.

Original review: March 6, 2019

**** WARNING **** FRONTPOINT IS A BUNCH OF SCAMMERS. We are so upset with this horrible company we want to expose their little scam they do on people and hope nobody else has this happen! A couple years ago we signed up with Frontpoint and never ended up using the service. We decided to take the alarm system out but a deal is a deal. We were under contract so we continued to pay our monthly payment of 45 bucks. Never complained but told Frontpoint when our contract is up we want to cancel.

Every time we called in to remind them of this they would always in so many words say, "Yeah no problem. You just have X amount of payments left then you can call in and cancel." Well that time came and we paid our last payment and requested to cancel (just like when we called in 2 months ago to confirm how many months we have left on our contract and tell them again we will be canceling) which they then transfer you department to department finally getting to someone who tries to stop me. I said, "No. We have told you guys numerous times we want to cancel" so he goes, "Ok. All I have to do is send you an email and you just need to reply to it and say you want to cancel?" This sounded a little strange but I said, "Ok. Do I do this with you on the phone or just wait for the email?" He goes, "Oh no. You just email me back and I take care of the rest."

Well here's the scam part. Oh you think you can just cancel? Haha. I don't think so buddy! Not only do you have to give them written 30 day notice, but if you notify them before a certain date or after a certain date you have to pay another month and it wont be canceled! Talk about a pyramid scheme! I also notice on the email they put in there "per our conversation" yet they don't say anything about this whatsoever! EVERY SINGLE TIME we've called in not at one point has anybody EVER said, "Oh by the way when your contract is up we get to scam you out of another 45 dollars for no reason other than we're greedy."

I am so upset. I hate being punked out of money for no reason. Shame on me for going with Frontpoint. Yeah that's my fault but shame on shady Frontpoint for never (I'm sure on purpose) telling me about this scam of allowing them to bill us an extra month. They knew damn well I wanted to cancel. We have called in so many times and hopefully whoever reads this decides to go with another company instead.

Frontpoint response

We appreciate you taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention. We first would like to sincerely apologize for the negative experience you have had with us, as it is never our goal here at Frontpoint. We pride ourselves on our transparency and never want our customers to feel "scammed." Rest assured, one of our Account Supervisors will be reaching out to make this situation right for you and your family. Thanks again for your feedback and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I was just looking for a security system and googled “Best security near me”. Frontpoint was the first one that came up. My interactions with their reps were pretty simple and straightforward. I knew exactly what system I wanted and what I wanted to have. It was just a matter of figuring out how many windows and doors. The installation was pretty simple as well. Although I had a problem with one of my cameras, once I got that figured out, it was a piece of cake. It took me an hour to install everything. I was trying to add a camera yesterday and couldn’t figure it out. I called Frontpoint's technical services. It has an option to have them call you back when it’s your turn, but I still haven’t heard from them. For the price and for what I got, Frontpoint was a great value.

Original review: March 6, 2019

We had a security system when we first moved in and then we let that contract lapse. It had been a year. We figured it was a good time to add another security system on our house. We went with Frontpoint and it was based on a number of reviews that we had seen online. There was a defect in one of the products that they sent and so they walked me through troubleshooting it. But we decided it was actually defective and they sent me a new one. I've also called and asked questions like, "How do I turn the volume down on the control pad?” and they helped me out.

The system is far more customizable than what we experienced before. We can add pretty much anything to the setup. They gave us the main thing and then we added the cellphone monitoring so we can pull out who’s at the front door from wherever we’re traveling. We have our thermostat hooked up to it, we can turn the alarm on and off, and we can set the temperature in the house. We can do all that stuff like that just from the phone with a few clicks.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I like Frontpoint because over time, instead of doing the monthly payoff for the equipment, I can just buy it for a one-time fee and it's mine. I purchased a home security system for the family for safety reasons, and with Frontpoint, my sense of security has been good. The reps have all done well, and they have all been responsive. They do some updates, and the system has been fine. There was a time, however, when one of the backdoor sensors said it was low in battery and it wasn't turned on for four days. I called their IT department, and they fixed it.

When I purchased my system, Frontpoint was advertising a $400 bundle in order for you to get a home screen. It was very disappointing, however, when I received my package because it was a very old one. I called and in the beginning they were saying that it was not in our package but then they finally said, "Oh, okay. Yeah. We actually don't have that one anymore. We're getting a new one." I wish that was communicated.

It took them three weeks to send me a new one, but it was a square and didn't have the touchscreen. Once I received that one, I was supposed to send them my old one back, which I did through FedEx. The equipment got lost because the tracking never clicked through. Still, my credit card got charged $400 without any communication from Frontpoint, and it was very frustrating. Eventually, they found the equipment there in their facility but it wasn't checked in, and I got my money back on it finally. But five days later, they charged me again, and it was $200 for one of their equipment. I shouldn't have been charged that, so they returned my money. Their reps are still figuring out the bugs in communications with customers, and there was a pain point. Nevertheless, the reps were able to figure out and resolve the issues really quickly, and I'm happy with the equipment.

Original review: March 5, 2019

Could never get the system to stop giving false readings, therefore we were never able to set it. Never had monitoring one day and they still wanted me to pay out the whole contract as though I had monitoring. They would not suspend the contract until we could get the system to work. We moved the hub to every imaginable place in the house and it still would not work. I am out over $300 and all I have is a paperweight.

Original review: March 5, 2019

My business partner purchased Frontpoint as we needed one for a business. It was for monitoring purposes and for making sure nobody breaks in. The installation was very simple. We just put the sensors up and told Frontpoint. They then set everything up for us. And when we had to add a couple of sensors, they were really helpful and it was really quick how they helped us through that. Frontpoint is a high-quality system. I’ve had some accidental alarms and they called me within 30 seconds. It was very quick how they called and made sure everything was okay.

Original review: March 5, 2019

We wanted some security on our new home and we saw a deal with Frontpoint through our company. So far, it has been pretty good. When I call, I usually get a hold of someone and they’re pretty nice. Also, the installation was pretty easy. There are stickers right on the door and windows. We have an app with the system and it's easy to use. I feel comfortable having the system and although I don't feel unsafe in our town to begin with, it’s better when we have it. It’s a better sense of security.

The only thing I would say is the doorbell camera would be something we would love to try but it's overpriced. I don’t know if there’s any way to cut down the cost for that or maybe in the future. We’re paying about $35 a month now and we don’t want to pay really anything more than that for security. Otherwise, it’s getting pretty pricey. Other than that, their customer service is good. Also, it’s easy access. Everything is good. We’re paying monthly and it’s reasonable and I like it.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I am happy with Frontpoint. But this is a commercial building so when we did the installation, we had to modify some of the sensors to make them work right on the roll-up doors. But other than that, installing it was straightforward. It works and the quality of the equipment is decent. When we first got the system, we could arm and disarm it with our cellphone versus having to use the keypad. But it expired and we realized after that it was a trial thing. It worked nicely but it didn't interest us enough to pay for it. Now, we don't get a word on our cellphone if the door is open. Nonetheless, the system has been good so far.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I had moved into a home and I needed to get a security system. Frontpoint had the best deal going on at the time. They had reasonable prices and they provided excellent customer service. Their reps really helped me out and let me understand what it was that I was asking. I have their system for about eight months now and I enjoy it. I like the app. It's convenient for me.

I wish their cameras weren’t so expensive though. I also wish there was a way I can do a payment plan that would add on to my bill to pay for the cameras versus buying the cameras separately. But other than that, I feel really secure that if anything will happen, I’m taken care of because I have the security system. When we first moved in to our house, Frontpoint had called us saying that the alarm had set off and the police went here but no one ever walked in the house. It was just a false alarm. It was great though that they called immediately and the police were able to get out here as soon as possible.

Original review: March 4, 2019

We recently moved into a new area and then we had an incident with family members and have had unwanted stop-byes so, we wanted to make sure that our house is secure while we’re away. I also have an elderly mother in the house that I wanted to keep an eye on. When I looked up for the best-rated home security systems, as far as Consumer Reports, Frontpoint was on the top of the list. They had great sales representatives. I bought two systems with them, one for my in-law and one for my house. The set-up of the equipment was a super easy process. I probably wouldn’t go with them again if I knew how hard it was to set everything up.

Having the system reassures me and I like the feature on it such as the no entry delay. When I close the doors, it makes a loud noise right away, which is good. It gives me some sense of security and I can always look in on the camera. We have a nine-year-old, too and I can check in on him. It also has an app which is great and its ability to turn it on and off with my phone is awesome. Turning it on and off inside is okay as well.

Although, the video and audio got a huge lag on it. When someone actually opens the door, I might get the notification three to five minutes later. The camera is spotty too and the audio cuts in and out pretty much frequently. Plus, all of their stuff like the cameras is not Wi-Fi so I had to run all the wires around doorframes to kinda hide it, so it’s a bit ugly. All in all, it is not the best quality. The equipment though that I have in my house doesn’t even work and I’d try to get some of this equipment up and running.

Original review: March 4, 2019

We were broken into two years ago and we also had two break-ins within a three-week period, so we needed a home security system. I wasn't getting any sleep after that second break in until we were able to get something because you hate to leave your house when stuff like that happens, and we both work. Our daughter had the Frontpoint system and she recommended it and offered to get it. We got it and we just transferred it, so we would pay for it. I feel so much safer with the system. It lets me sleep at night and lets us relax knowing the alarms are going off and that we are hooked to the police department. It is a stress-reliever.

One of the things I love about the system is that if I ran out the door and I forgot to set the alarm, which happens occasionally, then I can do it from my phone and I'm not stressed the rest of the day. I can also check to make sure that nobody forgot it if somebody left the house. We got one camera doorbell, but we haven’t hooked it up yet because we didn't have an existing doorbell here. I'm looking forward to getting it installed, which will be an added blessing. Right now, I'm very happy with the system and it has been good for us. It has brought some peace to us knowing that it's not a fake camera nor a fake system. I feel better knowing that we have a real system that will go off or we would get a phone call. Also, the ease of checking to make sure the system is set is wonderful. I would recommend Frontpoint to people that are not tech savvy such as me and my husband. It is simple to use but it is safe at the same time.

Frontpoint Company Information