3.6/5 (77 ratings)
Call Center Open

About Frontpoint

Frontpoint offers wireless home security packages with professional monitoring and app-based control. New customers work with Frontpoint representatives to find a personalized security solution for their home. Systems come preprogrammed and are designed for easy, do-it-yourself installation. Customers can try a Frontpoint home security system risk-free for 30 days.

Pros

• Month-to-month service available
  • Compatible with Alexa and Google Home
  • Build-your-own system option

Cons

• No professional installation option
  • No lifetime warranty on equipment

Bottom Line

Frontpoint security systems offer high-tech equipment and 24-hour professional monitoring. If you don’t mind installing it yourself, a Frontpoint alarm system could be a smart option for home protection.

Frontpoint Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Original review: Feb. 25, 2022

They have very long wait times for help with their service. Then when you want to cancel you wait many hours for someone to talk to you. Service sucks! I have been with them for 3 years and never have they answered in a timely manner.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

I've been with Frontpoint for about 4 years. When Covid began, I was still required to pay my bills contracted with them, but when things go wrong---and they do, believe me...like alarms going off for no reason, sensors going off as well, equipment installation issues. And when you try to reach out for support on these things, no one is EVER available. It's two years now and still not enough people to respond to calls. It certainly doesn't make you feel safe, but as you've already spent the money on the whole system, you begin to realize that you're stuck with a bad product until you can afford a whole new system that has professional ethics. I do not recommend them at all. Find a big company that actually hires people to monitor and give help, not some guy's idea of a company used to just take as much money on product as possible with as little service as possible.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

Terrible customer service. I had to wait on calls for hours for every inquiry. Often did not even receive a call back. Notified Frontpoint in writing of my cancellation. Refused to cancel and close out the account. Disputed the charges with my CC company and won, but am now being billed by My Alarm Center. I called My Alarm Center and they said I would have to contact Frontpoint directly, which is seemingly impossible to do. Do Not Use Frontpoint -My Alarm Center. Started off 10+ years ago as company that cares for customer service and the customer but is clearly a company that cares only for $.

Update.. after four call back requests, I finally received a call back from an agent who was unwilling to even explore possible remedies to potentially resolve a payment method concern. I neglected to get his name, so when "Jarrod" another agent who was able to reference the prior called back he said that "as per his supervisor he was unable to give me that information". I asked to speak with supervisor and he responded "his direct supervisor does not take calls from the public." So glad I'm finally free of Frontpoint! Never again.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

We have been long time customers with Frontpoint and the customer service has gone from 5 stars to 1 star. If you are looking for a system, they will sell you but try to get out of their service and it's hard to cancel. I've spent 5+ hours trying to reach a representative to cancel our service. I did reach someone who supposedly sent an email to cancel that I never received. Had to call back and wait again, get disconnected and wait again. Once I reached a rep, I now have to pay for another 30 days of service!!!! Walk the other way and choose another company. Customer service used to be great but is now horrible.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2022

I've had to call them a number of times the last several weeks and the customer service is unbelievably horrible! Each time I had to wait more than 3 hours for a call back from them. More recently, I've been trying to set up new equipment and I had to call customer service since the Chat person couldn't help me - he said I showed 8 door sensors when I only have 4. I'm now on 3 hours and counting. Do they expect you to wait all day at home? I've left my phone number several times and still have not received a call back. I did try to set it up through the app, but was not successful at all with that. Their technology is HORRIBLE as well as their customer service. Do NOT sign up with them. I wish I was with SimpliSafe now!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2022

I recently moved from West Virginia to New Mexico and I have been trying to cancel my account with FrontPoint for two months, and extensively for the past three days. You can't cancel via the portal, email, text, or automated phone, you have to talk to an actual representative. They give you a number to call and you never get through. Oddly enough you can NEVER get through to that person, and in the meantime they keep billing you. And oh by the way, the billing people have no problem calling you! What a racket, FrontPoint was once a company I relied on but now they seem like a bunch of crooks that will never let you quit their overrated and overpriced service.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

Warning, do not purchase a system from them. They are not there for any questions or concerns. I was on hold for 35 minutes and still haven't gotten an agent on the phone. You can hear the recorded message stating that it's due to covid 19. I call BS on this! Get the hell back to work and service your customers!!!!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

I had purchased a home in April of 2021. I talked to a Frontpoint sales and decided to purchase their home security system with a doorbell camera. So start on no customer service. I had never received equipment. After getting moved into my home and never seeing equipment I have made many calls to customer service. Every time I have called I sit on hold for average of 2 to 3 hours and most of the time get disconnected. I have put in for callback and never received a callback. So 8 months later and 7 months of being billed for service I can not access. I have sent emails with no response. I have made calls with no response. I am being charged and have no way to get in contact with frontpoint. So I am out over $500 which grows monthly. I feel like this company is stealing from me and I have no way to get resolution.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2021

Horrible security system. The alarm doesn't work and sets itself off. We have been trying to cancel and the customer service is the worst. I have called to cancel many times and I'm left on hold for over an hour easily. The phone just hangs up after a certain point. This company is garbage. I would never recommend this company not even to my worst enemy.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

I have been a Frontpoint client for 7 years. The first 2 or 3 were OK. Not much interaction and their equipment seemed to work as intended. The problem started when I started having false alarms. Sometimes it was my fault (forgot to disarm it). The problem is that even though I disarmed the alarm at the panel, the disarming notification never got to the central office, so they called and if they got no answer, they dispatched the police. I had 3 emergency numbers in my file for them to call. They only called one and if they got no answer, they dispatch the police. This happened to me twice. I had to pay fees worth about $500. Now (Dec, 2021) it happened again, except this time, there was no alarm sound. The police showed up at 1:30 AM, woke me up.

The system (panel) had crashed and I received an email from Frontpoint saying so. I was given a contact (Dwayne **). I wrote and email with explanation and proof that their system had crashed. His reply, "It is Frontpoint Security’s policy that we do not refund false alarms. Frontpoint Security attempted to contact the numbers on the account during the alarm event. No refund will be issued in regards to this alarm event. Please test your control panel to make sure the siren activates during an alarm event". Notice "attempted to contact the numbers..." .

Unfortunately, I had signed up for 3 years after one of these false alarm events because they offered me a discount (to prevent me from leaving). I took the bait, to my regret. Now, I would have to pay them all owed money till the end of the 3 year period plus 80% penalty for cancelling early. I would definitely recommend you look somewhere else. This is NOT a company that cares about their clients and their equipment is NOT reliable. I had to pay $267 to the City for that last false alarm.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

Been on the phone for 2 hours so far and have yet to speak to a real human. Only way to cancel service is to call and wait. This is a process that can be easily automated and is left this way to frustrate people into keeping the service and continue paying. Horrible business practice. It's easier to get a hold of the IRS. Been a customer for over three years, past the terms of my contract, have had failed sensors and malfunctions while away from the home. I want a more reliable service for less money per month.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

Frontpoint is difficult and expensive to cancel. I have spent hours on hold and transferred to numerous reps. It has been over 2 months since I discontinued service and they are still charging my credit card. I am being told that I need to initiate a new cancelation and will be billed for yet another month because they require a 30 day notice and do not prorated. Frontpoint will not cancel until you both call and then process an online cancelation request. After wasting 4 hours yesterday attempting to initiate my second cancelation request, I did not receive the Email with required link to process the cancelation. Now I will need to spend hours on hold again today.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2021

I went to cancel after 7 years of non communication. Except one time I tried to reach out to lower my bill which didn't happen. I called Oct 15 to cancel account. There was no answer. I was told after I realized a week had gone by and I called back because they aren't calling you until you call them again. If you like phone tag this company and their customer service is for you.

So I find out a week before I am moving I have to sign a contract with them concerning their cancellation so I can get into an account I have to create to cancel my service. So 3 days later with phone tag in the middle of moving out of the house. I have to create a Frontpoint account which I didn't even know was available to me because NO One let me know in 7 years. Then I am sent a 72 hour email to actually cancel my account and before I cancel I have to check a box that says I will pay an additional 3O days. But wait!! They send me a big only $19.99 if I were to stay in my face! It's been a very hard time moving and Frontpoint made as bad as they can to cancel. B ** Selah, Wa

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

I had Frontpoint for 3 very unfortunate years. I can go on and on about all of the instances that made my experience terrible but I will only name a few. The equipment only worked half of the time, there is no option for a siren so no real security. When we had an alarm go off, they called us at least 6 times before sending someone out, not the service you want in an emergency situation. When I went to cancel my contract after it had ended I was STILL charged for an additional month. As soon as I cancelled there was a message that read that they will not be sending anyone out if my alarm goes off even though I had to pay for an additional month. Technically they made me pay for a month that they will not offer me monitoring. This is not the kind of company you want to keep you safe.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2021

Was a good customer for 3 years. Needed to cancel. Have paid and closed out account twice only for them to reopen after two months and continue charging with no service. In the long run it's a scam. I wish someone warned me.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

I no longer have a house. I tried to cancel my service. I was told I had two months left on my contract. I have fulfilled those two months and now cannot get a single person to actually cancel the account. I call. They transfer me and say a manager has to cancel the account. I can't get a manager on the phone to save my life. I wait. I've been on hold over 7x in the past few days trying to cancel this. I've reached out on their chat online and was denied access to a manager and told to call in. I call in they say I need to email. I email, I get no response. I have now filed BBB complaints as well as disputed charges at my bank but I am HOLY HELL pissed at this point.

Why is it so hard to cancel an account? The run around I am getting makes me want to file a lawsuit over the $50 charge just on principle because this is that infuriating. It's been TWO MONTHS NOW. Why is my account not cancelled yet? I started this process TWO MONTHS ago. I've called. Emailed. Used their chat. Literally reached out every way I can and still have no resolution. WTF Frontpoint?

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

The software doesn't record well based on motion or events. About 50% of events were not recorded even with increased sensitivity. Even my neighbor would come to get my packages for me and it never recorded. IT customer service is rude and condescending and impossible to get a hold of, it always requires a call and being on hold for over 30 minutes. Contract has cancellation provisions for written notice, but they now say you have to call to get a link to cancel, but they intentionally don't take your calls or call you back until after the first to get one more month's fee at 100%. I have switched to the Ring where their software has a continuous recording so when motion isn't triggered you can see what happened. This definitely felt like a bait and switch on customer service.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

I was satisfied with Frontpoint until I decided to terminate, where they became aggressive prey, even after the contract was completed. I'm a victim who happens to pay for four extra months after telling them the termination. Here is my piece of advice, if you decide to choose this technology.

1. Don't expect to talk to their live agent quickly after you become a customer. You should anticipate several hours or days.

2. After the contract ended and you decide to terminate the service, you should anticipate paying them a minimum of one more month.

3. You should change your credit/debit number immediately after terminating the services. I didn't do that, and they have continued drawing cash from my account for four months. Alternatively, monitor your account diligently.

4. Don't waste your time and energy explaining and reasoning with the agents, team leader, or supervisor. No matter what you say, they'll read you a scripted message like a robot.

5. Be mindful that there are several loopholes in their contract that trap you. They also change the contract in the middle of the contract period and you are responsible for it. For instance, both telephone and website are necessary to terminate service.

6. You should know that there is another hidden company that controls them. I don't know why that other company is hiding behind their name. If you force them what hinders them from making sensible decisions, they tell you about "other company". Still, after several hours of discussion with agents and supervisors, FrontPoint is not making the ultimate decision.

I wish I had known those six points before choosing this company four years ago.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

I’ve had ongoing trouble with the Frontpoint DIY equipment. It went from bad to worse when I finally decided to cancel my Frontpoint service. It is very difficult! 1. There is no way to do it online so I had to dial a phone number. 2. Waited for a call back after several days. 3. They sent a link through their website which did not work properly. 4. The link expired prior to the 72 hours that was originally time frame provided. 5. I had to start from #1 all over again. Don’t enroll with them because they make it very difficult for you to cancel!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

If you want to cancel you must cancel once they send you the appropriate email with link to cancel. You have to sign in to your account and verify the cancellation which I understand, but you must pay an addition monthly fee in order to do so even if your payment was just processed. For them being a security company you would think they could rely on their verification processes of speaking with their client instead of making them go through such a tedious process. Get ready to process a payment immediately in order to cancel. It is just another way to collect more fees. When you are setting up the service of course their service is quick and polite, but once you want to cancel you have to receive a call back, followed by an email followed by a verification process and then a 30 day wait with another monthly fee. DONE.

Original review: July 26, 2021

I have had a Frontpoint alarm system for the past 9 years. The equipment has mostly worked well; however, recently contacting technical support resulted in reaching voicemail on several occasions, then one must wait up to several hours for a callback. In addition, I have placed emergency calls to technical support and have not received a call back resulting in issues with the equipment not functioning properly. Frontpoint Security used to have very good support, but no longer provided good technical support.

Original review: July 20, 2021

Before I got Frontpoint I had CPI. I put my Frontpoint system in as it's a do-it-yourself so I feel a lot more comfortable with it. Everything was good with the installation and the technicians. I feel good about the equipment I have.

Original review: July 13, 2021

After having had a good experience with this security system in my parents' home. Everything has gone from bad to worse. From the customer service, which I used to love to the way their products work. The window and door sensors are constantly offline which means you are not protected. You have to repeatedly call for the same issues and spend hours on the phone on top of running up and down all around the house testing your sensors that don't work and repeating these steps every few weeks. Whether or not you're upgrading from an old to a new system, all systems, especially the new ones should work at least 90% of the time, which is not the case anymore with Frontpoint. If it wasn't for my contract I would have cancelled my service long ago.

Original review: July 12, 2021

We've been very happy with Frontpoint's service. We initially got them when we lived in Maryland back in 2016. They were very good during the installation. When we went to Hawaii, we didn't need it and they were very good about letting us out of our contract. We explained that we were retired military and we were gonna go be living on federal property. Then we came back in 2019 and went with them again ‘cause we liked the service before. I did call another company to compare but the biggest factor for me was, at the time, the other company was still pushing a landline and we haven't had a telephone line in almost 10 years. It sounded a lot more complicated and I wasn't gonna get a house landline just so I could have a security system, whereas everything with Frontpoint is cellular. Even if there's a power outage, they have a backup system.

If you have any questions, it's relatively easy to get hold of an actual person instead of a machine and a million options. I'm the kind of person that sometimes I just wanna talk to a human being when we’re having an issue and they're very responsive. If you have a sensor that isn't connecting or isn't hooked, they're very good about saying, “We're gonna send you a new one. Just return the old one.” When we travel, we know the house is secure. Also, if I'm home in the evening and there's any attempt to break in, we have notification. If there’s a smoke, the alarm goes off too.

Original review: July 11, 2021

It has been a strange experience with Frontpoint only because the actual brain of the alarm system never worked properly. The box has always been blinking since I've had it. It's been blinking on and off from one color to the other. I don't know if it connects to one of the cellular antennas so that cellular connection has never worked. But every time I called, the reps said move it from one location to another because of the interference. I do that and regardless of where it is, it has never worked. I also get dropped connections periodically from certain locations, whether it be the master bedroom, the dining room or the office.

Original review: July 10, 2021

Frontpoint is little bit more expensive on my monitoring compared to the other systems that I had. Other than that, the equipment's great and the response has been fine. I'm very satisfied.

Original review: July 9, 2021

The system is easy to use and understand and I definitely feel secure with it. We had recently tried to get an upgrade to the 5G network but the equipment wasn't available. There was some difficulty in the delivery of the equipment.

Original review: July 8, 2021

The reps at Frontpoint have been helpful in walking us through the setup. Every time we've called and talked to one, we've never had any issue. We do feel more secure with Frontpoint and I will recommend them.

Original review: July 7, 2021

Frontpoint is said to be one of the top-rated security companies and they did security on military sites. I decided that it might be a good option. Plus, the equipment was an easy setup. We've been involved with Frontpoint for five years now and we have been well satisfied with the way the system works. One time, we accidentally set the fire alarm off and we got a call immediately. We had many people knocking on the door wanting us to switch out our system and change to something else, but we have seen no need to do so. Frontpoint's equipment and service are very good. I've told people that we use Frontpoint and would recommend it.

Original review: July 6, 2021

I was able to install the Frontpoint system myself and set it up. The installation was super easy. The reps have been phenomenal and they do a great job with me. We have an ongoing issue with the battery and they sent me another one free of charge. Other than that, the system is very reliable. We monitor it. We see any activities while we're here or while we're coming home or while we're leaving. It gives very good peace of mind and sense of security.

Frontpoint Company Information