Frigidaire Dishwashers

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

Frigidaire Dishwashers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: Feb. 3, 2023

We recently purchased a dishwasher from Frigidaire. Normally I do my research but being near Christmas did not have much time. I have to run my hot water to the extreme then slam the door and hope that it comes on. The baskets I have to lift the bottom basket up to get the rollers on the track each time. We had this dishwasher 2 weeks then the whole sensor board went down does not work. We tried numerous times to set up appointments to have a technician come out to fix it. It is now February 2023 and yes we have the part on the floor waiting for the technician. He is coming to replace the whole sensor board. My opinion don't buy Frigidaire. Absolutely the worst appliance ever. Waste of my money and time. Horrible experience. Please listen to the reviews. Horrible dishwasher.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2023

If I could leave negative stars there'd be 1000. This device is horrible. The customer service dealing with this junk has been horrible. This whole experience has been horrible. I've used this thing 4 times in a year. Even after having it serviced; it holds water in it, it doesn't clean properly and the buttons you have to dang near beat to get them to work. You can't reach anyone. I can't count how many times I've called in a year and I've reached someone once. It's the appliance set installed in my new home. Save yourself the headache and go to Samsung or Whirlpool. Heck an Insignia works better than this mess. Smh.

Get buying tips about Dishwashers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2022

Warranty service after the sale is less than poor. Called on 10/26 and set up service call for 10/31 (**). Paid the deductible. No Show, no call. Called again 12/12 on hold for 1hr 7 min. New work order (**) generated and would hear back in 24 hours. Nothing. Called their service provider and was informed that they will not work on Extended Warranty work. Called 12/14, 30 minutes on call and no resolution was reached. Told the work order would be held open until 12/15. So will need to start another work order on 12/16. Was staying on the line to leave a review as instructed by Joy, but the call was disconnected. Absolutely disappointed in the warranty work or lack thereof.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2022

Bought a brand new Frigidaire dishwasher at the end of September. Didn't get delivered for a week. First one brought was all beat up so we refused delivery. Second one looked good so we accepted it and installed it. Did 3 loads of dishes. Then on the fourth load, would not pump the water out of the dishwasher. Tried to reset the unit, cut power for 15 minutes, checked all connections, etc. Then it wouldn't pump water into the unit either. Call Frigidaire. They agree to send someone out to look at it since it is brand new which took two weeks.

I take a day off work and nobody shows. I call to find out the company they scheduled does not even service the area I live in. They had 2 weeks to either get another company or call me back and let me know this. Nobody called and told me or called another company, so I lost a day's pay and still do not have a resolution. No apology, no reason they didn't call or reschedule, and had I not called, nothing would have been done. They probably figured they could at least get out of a few more weeks of having to cover the dishwasher under warranty by waiting. Terrible company. My kitchen may have all Frigidaire appliances now, but as they die, they will be replaced with anything but Frigidaire

Original review: Nov. 14, 2022

I bought a Frigidaire dishwasher and the door keeps locking shut after every use. The frigidaire service department sent a repairman that had a window of 8am-5pm as to when they'd show up. Obviously, I had to take the whole day off for this. The repairman showed up at around 3pm. He spent all of 5 mins, not fixing or replacing any parts and just stuck a screwdriver in the door handle. I told him that it would just lock again and he proceeded to tell me that I needed to open the door more "slowly". Then he compared me to his teenage son who broke his microwave door because he didn't have any patience.

He also told me he has never had to come back when he has this kind of call. I can see why. I can't continue to waste a whole day for mins of whatever he called a repair visit. Needless to say, my dishwasher locked again that evening. I'm out a $500 dishwasher and I can't continue to take days off for this man's supposed repair work and his 5 minute lectures on how to open a dishwasher. I do not recommend their product or this company's service.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2022

Purchased 7/2/18. In the past 18 months find food particles stuck on many items. We scrape dishes with spatula, I feel no need to rinse unless really messy. Never had dishes left dirty like this before after washing completed. I had to replace control panel at about 1/2 price of washer. I clean filter a lot, does not seem to help. Our first dishwasher was a Sears that you rolled over to sink and hooked to the spigot with an adapter. Worked much better that this thing.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

The design of the racks and silverware holder are horrible, can't count the number of times I have hurt my hands on the sharp edges of the silverware holder especially when removing the silverware. Dish racks allow plates to fall over constantly. The drying system will not dry anything, everything is dripping wet no matter what cycle you run.

Original review: June 11, 2022

Frigidaire built in dishwasher was purchased June 2021. Under warranty I called for repairs 6 times because the dishes were never clean. They replaced the motor, hoses, checked jets and the computer. The last call they told me the filters were dirty. I cleaned them and the washer still leaves the dishes greasy and dirty. My warranty is up and I will buy another brand of dishwasher after owning this one for only a year.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2022

We bought our Frigidaire Gallery dishwasher in Oct. of 2015, and in Nov. of 2021, the heating element melted a hole in the tub, causing a leak on our kitchen floor. Nothing was hanging through the dish rack/touching the heating element. I did some research and found a class action settlement against KitchenAid, Kenmore, and Whirlpool for the same event, but I can't find anything for Frigidaire/Electrolux. Anyone have any info on a class action lawsuit against Frigidaire/Electrolux?

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

NEVER BUY FRIGIDAIRE. NEVER BUY APPLIANCE FROM Home Depot.

9/5/21: Ordered via www.homedepot.com #** Frigidaire 24 in. Stainless Steel Front Control Dishwasher.
    9/23/21: Delivered.
    9/26/21: Installed by GC. Unit ran but water sprays into kitchen because door does not latch at all.
    9/28/21: I read manuf. installation instructions, confirmed unit level/secured properly. Door closing, not latching.
    9/27/21: Called Frigidaire (F) 1 hr wait time, disconnected.
    9/29/21: Called F, 1 hr wait time to talk with a human. I was told to call back with serial #. I only had model # and order#.
    9/30/21: Called back, 30 min wait, gave serial #. They scheduled a repair using 3rd party 3 wks out. I was given a 4 hr time window.

10/19/21: Took day off work. Repair person confirmed: Unit installed correctly, door not latching. Unable to repair. Possibly replacing the latch would fix it. He ordered part, it would take 3 weeks.

11/3/21: Another day off work. That day rec'd text that the appt was canceled and I was automatically scheduled for 10 days later on 11/9/21. Lotsa back and forth with third party...had to move appt to 11/19 because I work.

I called HD store I thought unit came from, explained the situation, it had been 6 weeks with a new defective appliance, having issues with F, their repair contractors and unable to take more time off of work to deal with it. The CS person I spoke with said I needed to talk to "Andi". He did not answer. I left a vm with my info and order #. I never got a callback. I called again 3 days later, spoke with Andi, asked if he had rec'd my message. He did, and said since it was a different HD that had delivered the appliance and therefore he could not do anything. When Asked why no one said that, he claimed that he had reached out to them and asked them to contact me. It was a week later and no one had followed up. I called the other HD and spoke with a woman who said she could not help me because it was an online order, therefore I had to talk to online CS.

I called online CS and they could not help me because of the HD appliance return policy stating "returns only within 48 hrs." OOKAAAY.. After that the manufacturer has to fix it. What about when the unit was defective from the start? HD still could not help me because of the policy. At that time they were able to call some magical line at F and get right thru to someone (must say you are HD associate FYI) and that F had scheduled someone to fix it. When I told HD that was a logistical ** show, they said they could not do anything.

11/19/21: Took Another day off work. Repair person asked if I have the latch part. I had NO IDEA, never told part would be shipped TO ME. He tried to track down the part that was apparently lost in the mail. Ordered another part. Scheduled for another 3 weeks out for 12/10. It keeps going! 11/19/21 I spent 5 hours calling HD, F, my credit card company to reverse the charge, and the BBB. I tried to talk to HD 3 x that day. Multiple reps saying the issue was out of their hands. I was disconnected.

Since hour wait times are my jam I tried again to talk to F. I was told many x they would NOT give me a refund. Even tho it was a defective unit and a logistical nightmare to get fixed. They could do nothing. I asked to speak with a supervisor, transferred and got automated message that said "Sorry for the inconvenience. We cannot take your call at this time. Try again later” and was disconnected. I called F asked to speak with Warranty Dept, transferred and again rec’d the message as above. I tried to get thru to warranty Dept once more, same thing.

>If, by some magical happenstance, the moon and stars align on 12/10 this broken piece of ** is actually fixed, that would make it 75 days, many hours on the phone and a good 5 years off my life, to fix a brand new appliance that was defective. I DO NOT WANT YOUR DEFECTIVE JUNK APPLIANCE. NOR FOR YOU TO REPLACE IT WITH THE SAME BRAND PIECE OF JUNK (which was never even offered to me BTW). >>>>I JUST WANT A ** REFUND.

Frigidaire author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in 1916 under the name Guardian Frigerator Company, it became Frigidaire in 1919 and went on to be the most well-known name in refrigerators. As a General Motors subsidiary, Frigidaire also manufactured some of the first washing machines and has now branched into whole-home automation.

• Soil sensors: Get the right cycle every time with DishSense technology.

• Dishwasher selector: Find the perfect dishwasher style for you by using the dishwasher selector on the Frigidaire website.

• Compact options available: Frigidaire offers a compact 18-inch dishwasher in both built-in and portable styles.

• Discount prices: Frigidaire dishwashers range in price from luxury to discount, with some of the most affordable pricing available.

• Multiple finishes: With five different finishes, including stainless steel, black and white, Frigidaire dishwashers match most kitchen decors.

Frigidaire Dishwashers Company Information