Save on Appliance Repairs

Save on Appliance Repairs

With the Best Home Warranty

Compare Quotes

377 Frigidaire Dishwashers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I purchased a new home about a year and a half ago which came loaded with Frigidaire appliances; Gas range, over the range microwave, and dishwasher. (Thank God we purchased our own fridge!!!) The dishwasher failed first, followed by the Microwave. (I have not yet inspected why our microwave has a blue flash you can see through the cracks and blows the circuit breaker every time you try and use it - this also just started happening.) The switch mechanism, attached to the handle to open the dishwasher is rated at 12 amps... The dishwasher, has an operational rating of 10 amps per your label inside... Your design is causing an issue of overloading components, and causing high levels of heat (burned wires, burned connections, melted switches), and, causing parts to fail, and potentially catch fire!

This is not right! THIS DISHWASHER IS 1.5 YEARS OLD!!! - and, to add to it, a group of neighbors, all part of the same development, have replaced the same parts on their Frigidaire appliances as well, or just simply tossed their appliances out. This is not a large development. And, to have appliances such as these, all go out in extremely short order and at a high percentage shows that the level of quality of products produced is exceptionally poor!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I replaced all appliances after Hurricane Harvey with what I thought were top of the line appliance. The only issue I’ve had is the one Frigidaire product. The dishwasher. Less than a year it stopped working. It really never washed great to begin with. It runs for 4 minutes and stops. The problem started in November of 2018 and still has not been fixed. I have the extended service agreement which means I’ve already put more money into it though have not been honored under this agreement. I’ve been told many things and mostly the only solution that customer service likes to tell me is to let them send a different technician company to the unit. I did this after the first visit and it messed everything up as far as a 30 day guarantee so I keep the same technician so I don’t have to start over.

It’s February now and I’m still waiting. The last thing that has to be done is for the technician and Frigidaire engineer to agree it’s not fixable which lets me get a replacement unit. This has already happened in front of me yet Frigidaire has no record of this for some reason. Their solution once again is to send a different technician. I have talked to customer service minimum once a week for 90 days now. All but 3 (Jennifer, Courtney, unknown male) has actually been nice. Most answer in such a miserable way. They are already defensive. Sometimes they just argue. I am a really nice person and very patient and don’t understand why they talk to me the way they do. Sometimes we just agree that they don’t know how to help since the only answer is let someone else look at it.

Get expert buying tips about Dishwashers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I had purchased a Frigidaire Gallery Stainless Steel Dishwasher in 2016. The very first year, I had to service it twice as it would not turn on. The repairman said he fixed the issue. It went out again and another service was done. This time he said he couldn't find anything wrong and of course the washer started right up. Now in late 2018 it will not start. I emailed Customer Support and they will not stand by their product. I understand what an extended warranty is but I should not have a brand new appliance that lasts for 2 years an 9 months and doesn't work. Is this really what this company is coming to? They can't make parts that last for more than 3 years? It is a LEMON. STAY AWAY FROM FRIGIDAIRE! I can buy a used one that lasts longer. HORRIBLE!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

This is by far the worst dishwasher I have ever had! It never worked from the beginning. We had repairman out and he did not notice anything wrong. I did not wash the dishes properly but did not dry the dishes properly. The door is always left wet and it stinks and it has always stuck inside. Our dishwasher is now done and I will never buy another Frigidaire again! I’m buying a different brand now. It was a huge waste of money! It’s time for a new dishwasher and I guarantee it’s not Frigidaire!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

Be forewarned - we purchased a fully remodeled home with a brand new Frigidaire dishwasher. The thing broke within the first 2 months. I called Frigidaire and they claimed not to back any warranties since I hadn’t personally purchased the product. Horrible customer service and a joke of a product.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I have stainless steel dishwasher. It is 13 years old but I use it only once a month. One day I just closed the door, did not press any program button. Soon enough I smells electrical burn in the house. It was the dishwasher smoking where the latch is. I contacted the Frigidaire company and they told me that this is very unusual problem. I opened the dishwasher and it was the connection cable connecting to the electrical board on fire. After searching the internet I found out that more people had this problem yet Frigidaire lied to me about an "unusual problem". Apparently it is common problem. They lost my trust.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I purchased this dishwasher in 2015 and it never worked properly. I loved the smudge proof stainless steel but the unit itself never washed dishes properly. Service technicians were out a few times and I was told there was nothing wrong with the unit. Customer service said there was nothing that could be done. I will never purchase this brand again in the future.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Don't get me wrong. At first, we were happy enough with this dishwasher, although not happy with the rack design and lack of adjustability. But it was quiet and did the job. Then we started noticing detergent residue on our dishes and I was naive enough to blame the water temperature for not dissolving it. Next up, the dishwasher stopped draining. Called out a service tech, and found out the washer pump was not working correctly, and the drain pump was completely dead. And Frigidaire only warranties their products for 1 year. So, a dishwasher we haven't had for 2 years no longer works. Not willing to spend $400 to repair this piece of trash.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

My Frigidaire dishwasher leaked and caused water damage inside walls, floors, etc. Heating element burned inside dishwasher tub. There is a class action lawsuit about this same issue. May want to check into that.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

Just 13 month old Frigidaire dishwasher from Sears has a faulty valve. After the cycle is completed, it starts to leak from the valve (front left hand side) and down in the basement. Basement damaged. Got repaired to $150.20. Kept buckets in basement for 2 weeks until found a reliable tech. Should have never happened to this new DW. Pathetic!!!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Doesn’t clean dishes well. Leaked and the reason was due to the heating element. It burnt a hole in the tub. Lucky we didn’t have a house fire! I will not be buying a Fridgidare replacement model. Unfortunately these were in the home we bought.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

This dishwasher does not work as described. It does not thoroughly clean the dishes. It also does not dry the dishes. Don’t buy a dishwasher from Frigidaire. The company is selling junk appliances and doesn’t care about keeping customers happy.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

We moved in to home that has a fairly new dishwasher. It has many wash cycles, rinse cycles, etc. The manual did not explain everything, I called customer service. I mentioned we just needed to know a few things, It has several wash cycles on some of options. However, if it can run up to 3 hours depending on what you pick. I asked what the purpose for so many wash cycles in one cleaning mode, if you only can put soap for one wash cycle, and you could put a little in a small cup for a pre-wash? She was impatient and just said that other wash cycles in those with multiple wash, I would use no soap. I asked her what is the purpose to have 3-4 washes in one cycles setting, if no detergent? That is just like more rinse modes.

It also on some settings can wash up to 3 hours depending on whether using sani rinse etc. She was rude, did not even ask for model #, or anything. She seemed to want to just get off the phone. Then in a snotty voice... "Is there anything else?" There are all new appliances in our home except for dishwasher. It seemed newer. However, we may buy a new one now. Probably not Frigidaire. The dishwasher also sounds like an old screen door (coil springs) when opening and shutting door.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Under 2 y.o. water damaged kitchen - $7,000+ costs. 3 initial tech visits the first year. Problems continued beyond way. Leaks have destroyed floor and cabinets and now we are stuck with the damage and related costs. It was never right from the beginning. And I see others with same issues. No recalls FRIGIDAIRE??? Wake up!!!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

We purchased this dishwasher new with the matching stove, refrigerator, and microwave. This dishwasher has not lived up to any expectations, ever. In the first six months, three different repairman/companies came to service it. Food build up is deposited on dishes after washing and very few random pieces come out clean. We've been told to wash the dishes better before loading the dishwasher, we've been told we are getting the dishes too clean before the dishwasher and it doesn't sense to clean them, we've tried five different detergents, we use Rinse/Dry Aid, and we use Lemi Shine. We have owned and successfully used dishwashers our entire life, yet this one we cannot use properly. I hate being told by repairmen that I am doing something wrong, when I've tried every trick and tool possible. I'm very disappointed and can't wait until we can't get something different. Frigidaire, you are worthless.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

Rack suspension rails repeatedly come out of the tub, side mounted, rollers. Sloppy assembly and really loose operating when they will stay in the rollers. Have 4 Frigidaire appliances. Bought so they all matched. Dishwasher is junk. Can't get satisfaction from my extended warranty either. They indicate the racks are not covered under the warranty. Everyone I know will hear about this lack of concern by the company and their representatives in addition to the lax and loose tolerances they assemble these machines under.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

We renovated the kitchen (finally) and got the Frigidaire suite of appliances because PC Richards was running a special! I am so mad I didn't look at these reviews - what a total piece of crap!! I've HATED this machine since it was installed over a year ago and mad at myself for letting it linger this long. It just broke, but prior to that, it never cleaned the dishes properly! We were just told by the repair man it's because the machine does NOT heat the water - you have to run the hot water in the sink before you start the machine! Does that make sense? I'd love to put it out to the curb! From now on, I'm reading reviews. This dishwasher looks like it has consistent "one star" reviews.

Original review: July 7, 2018

Purchased January 2016 and the Frigidaire Gallery Series unit never cleaned properly and started leaking causing damage to floors and finished basement ceiling. The only thing worse than the performance of the dishwasher was the lack of knowledge and customer service from the company.

Original review: July 2, 2018

New out of the box and installed. First test run it sprays water out the side of door. Waited 2 weeks for warranty service. The day service was to be done (8 am to 5 pm service timeframe) they called to cancel service. Next available service date is over a week away. Just getting the first service date was a total runaround.

Business dishwasher (Frigidaire dishwasher model# ffbd2406ns11b) was purchased from will not accept a return due to having this dishwasher past 7 days. So useless dishwasher sitting in newly remodeled kitchen unable to be use. Wasting vacation days waiting for service that cancels. The business dishwasher was purchased from is trying to help and get authorization to accept the machine back for exchange or refund but Frigidaire refuses authorization until service is done. So delays and frustrating runarounds continue!!! I have purchased Frigidaire in the past but NEVER AGAIN!!!

Original review: July 1, 2018

Based on a model & serial number parts were ordered for a dishwasher directly from a Frigidaire customer service rep, they didn't fit. Unfortunately I was 2, yes, two days over the company's 90 return policy. Frigidaire will not allow me to return them. They are 2 wheels totally $40. Never used. We were unfortunately detained out of town. The store where the dishwasher was purchased no longer does business with Frigidaire due to numerous customer service issues. Please find another brand when looking for appliances. Frigidaire does indeed have poor customer service. With all the other choices out there give another company your business.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Looks can be deceiving!! We bought this Frigidaire Dishwasher at Best Buy. We liked the minimal look, it is in the second home we only use periodically. Always leaves dirty dishes and never dries no matter what setting we choose. My other home has an 8 years old Bosch and cleans amazingly.

Original review: June 1, 2018

Within days of installing a new Frigidaire dishwasher we had problems with it. A subsequent warranty call confirmed the motor needed to be replaced, as well as the soap container - as well as the dishes not cleaning very well. Yesterday I was contacted by the warranty's service provider to say that the Frigidaire warranty will cover replacement BUT that it was my responsibility to remove the dishwasher and re-install it because the warranty did not cover that. This was after I had already paid $100 to have it installed in the first place. Now I'll have to pay once again to have it taken out so the repair person can fix it, and then I'll have to pay again to have it re-installed after it is fixed. Needless to say, I am not pleased!

Updated on 06/01/2018: We had the repairman come today with a new motor (which was provided under the Frigidaire warranty, even though the removal and re-installation of the dishwasher in order to replace the motor was not) for our new dishwasher, only to discover that it was another faulty motor. Now he has to order yet another motor to replace the faulty one that was replacing the other faulty one. Why Frigidaire won’t just replace the dishwasher. Not good enough!

Original review: May 30, 2018

Purchased 4 Frigidaire Gallery appliances at Lowe's. Dishwasher broke needing 2 replacement parts within 6 months and 1 week of purchase. Frigidaire/Electrolux phone has "new" voice activated system that doesn't work. This according to the representative I finally got on my 11th call. Lowe's referred me directly to the repair service used by Electrolux - 15 days later and the part still is not in. "Maybe Friday" they say (that's 2 more days to get the part in THEN we schedule the repair visit). Frigidaire has my warranty proof of purchase and then on the next call they don't. The repair service called me to complain that the Frigidaire customer service rep was rude to her. This is a cluster catastrophe from start to finish - and I am still washing dishes by hand hoping nothing else breaks.

Original review: May 24, 2018

We bought a dishwasher last year, installed it in December and have not been able to use it at all or does not dry. We have had several techs of theirs come out and say nothing is wrong with it but they don't stay till the cycle rubs through. It runs for almost 2 hours normally but does not dry. The service tech came on May 11th and the night after we started the dishwasher at 10 till 7 and was still running. After 10:00 we had to shut it off and it never went through the drying cycle... Now they say if they come back we will be charged and it's still under warranty. All we want is a working dishwasher and they can't even do that... I will never buy a Frigidaire product again. It's the biggest piece of Junk ever!!!

Original review: April 23, 2018

April 15th, 2018 - Stepped in water on the kitchen floor - apparently from dishwasher. Called maintenance who found the heating element inside the plastic tub had collapsed and burned a hole in the bottom of the dishwasher tub. Time for this defective dishwasher to be replaced. It is 2 years old. Used once every evening. Sometimes the control doesn't allow us to set the dishwasher. Made in North Carolina - ELECTROLUX HOME PRODUCTS, INC. / ELECTROLUX CANADA CORP. CHARLOTTE, NC 28262 MISSISSAUGA, ONTARIO. SERIAL # TH13566302. MODEL # FDB520RHS2A. You all can replace this dishwasher soon. We could have had a house fire with this. And to think we were wondering where the electrical/plastic smell was coming from!!! This rental mobile home is at Birch Bay RV Resort in Birch Bay, Washington.

Original review: April 9, 2018

Ordered from Home Depot. Order Date Dec. 28, 2017. Delivery crew installed incorrectly, using my own extension cord! Dishwasher had water standing in bottom. Second crew from HD subcontractor reinstalled with correct electric cord. Sometimes dishwasher drained, sometimes not. Husband replaced air drain. Sometimes it drained, sometimes not. Authorized Frigidaire repair man came and said it was the air loop. I said it is the motor to drain. He made an air loop. This worked sometimes, but then stopped. Dirty water standing in bottom. Authorized repairman said those who installed it had to remove it so he could replace motor. Catch 22. So after 4 months I have a new Frigidaire dishwasher that does not work.

Original review: April 4, 2018

I purchased this dishwasher in November 2017. It was delivered Dec 2017. It stopped working Feb 2018. After six weeks of repeated calls and 4 different repairers/installers, a new dishwasher was installed. It has NOT worked from the start. Both dishwashers have had the same issue. Error message i30 and the dishwasher doesn't run. I read online that the power sensor was defective in this machine and that it must be updated for the dishwasher to work. But Frigidaire has never considered that the issue. I called yesterday morning to let them know that the newly installed dishwasher is doing the same thing as the original one did. They said they would call back. Today I received no call. This situation is unbelievable to me!!!

Original review: March 29, 2018

We bought an entire kitchen of Frigidaire's nicest appliances. I've owned 8 or more new dishwashers over the last 25 years. This is the very worst. The touch panel is extremely sensitive. If it gets touched more than 3 times in a row, it times out and I have to turn off my breaker to reset it. It barely gets them clean. Barely. You have to scrub every item before running a cycle. There is nothing good about this appliance. Nothing. Do not buy it. It is worth spending more money on a dishwasher. You will save yourself wrinkles, frustration, gray hairs, curse words and having to rewash loads of dishes.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

Just had my kitchen remodeled complete with a new Frigidaire dishwasher (model FFBD2406S11B). The dishwasher washed marginally the first couple of cycles, but after that it did a good job. However, after just 3 1/2 weeks of use the door began to pop open mid-cycle, but the dishwasher continued to run! It appears the plastic tub expands when it gets hot enough and the latch becomes misaligned. That is not the only problem though. The worst is that the handle sticks and keeps the dishwasher running.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

This will be our third service call for the dishwasher. First time would not drain, serviceman said too much soap... ok, filling the soap dispenser is too much soap! Second, replaced a gasket around the door due to leaking. Now, not draining at all. Found water all over our wood floor. None of the dishes are put in with any food, use mainly for sanitation. NEVER BUY. Oh, three service calls for our fridge, Frigidaire Gallery for the ice maker. Last time, water pouring out of ice maker. Lucky I was home or we would be replacing our floor. Both appliances are less than 3 years old!! At least their appliances are consistent, three service calls in three year. Run from a salesman that recommends them to you. We went to a local appliance store in a Rochester, NY not a box store. Guess, box store next time.

Frigidaire expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1916 under the name Guardian Frigerator Company, it became Frigidaire in 1919 and went on to be the most well-known name in refrigerators. As a General Motors subsidiary, Frigidaire also manufactured some of the first washing machines and has now branched into whole-home automation.

• Soil sensors: Get the right cycle every time with DishSense technology.

• Dishwasher selector: Find the perfect dishwasher style for you by using the dishwasher selector on the Frigidaire website.

• Compact options available: Frigidaire offers a compact 18-inch dishwasher in both built-in and portable styles.

• Discount prices: Frigidaire dishwashers range in price from luxury to discount, with some of the most affordable pricing available.

• Multiple finishes: With five different finishes, including stainless steel, black and white, Frigidaire dishwashers match most kitchen decors.

• Best for: Homeowners, apartment renters, families