1.55/5

367 Frigidaire Dishwashers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Doesn’t clean dishes well. Leaked and the reason was due to the heating element. It burnt a hole in the tub. Lucky we didn’t have a house fire! I will not be buying a Fridgidare replacement model. Unfortunately these were in the home we bought.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

This dishwasher does not work as described. It does not thoroughly clean the dishes. It also does not dry the dishes. Don’t buy a dishwasher from Frigidaire. The company is selling junk appliances and doesn’t care about keeping customers happy.

Get expert buying tips about Dishwashers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

We moved in to home that has a fairly new dishwasher. It has many wash cycles, rinse cycles, etc. The manual did not explain everything, I called customer service. I mentioned we just needed to know a few things, It has several wash cycles on some of options. However, if it can run up to 3 hours depending on what you pick. I asked what the purpose for so many wash cycles in one cleaning mode, if you only can put soap for one wash cycle, and you could put a little in a small cup for a pre-wash? She was impatient and just said that other wash cycles in those with multiple wash, I would use no soap. I asked her what is the purpose to have 3-4 washes in one cycles setting, if no detergent? That is just like more rinse modes.

It also on some settings can wash up to 3 hours depending on whether using sani rinse etc. She was rude, did not even ask for model #, or anything. She seemed to want to just get off the phone. Then in a snotty voice... "Is there anything else?" There are all new appliances in our home except for dishwasher. It seemed newer. However, we may buy a new one now. Probably not Frigidaire. The dishwasher also sounds like an old screen door (coil springs) when opening and shutting door.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Under 2 y.o. water damaged kitchen - $7,000+ costs. 3 initial tech visits the first year. Problems continued beyond way. Leaks have destroyed floor and cabinets and now we are stuck with the damage and related costs. It was never right from the beginning. And I see others with same issues. No recalls FRIGIDAIRE??? Wake up!!!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

We purchased this dishwasher new with the matching stove, refrigerator, and microwave. This dishwasher has not lived up to any expectations, ever. In the first six months, three different repairman/companies came to service it. Food build up is deposited on dishes after washing and very few random pieces come out clean. We've been told to wash the dishes better before loading the dishwasher, we've been told we are getting the dishes too clean before the dishwasher and it doesn't sense to clean them, we've tried five different detergents, we use Rinse/Dry Aid, and we use Lemi Shine. We have owned and successfully used dishwashers our entire life, yet this one we cannot use properly. I hate being told by repairmen that I am doing something wrong, when I've tried every trick and tool possible. I'm very disappointed and can't wait until we can't get something different. Frigidaire, you are worthless.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

Rack suspension rails repeatedly come out of the tub, side mounted, rollers. Sloppy assembly and really loose operating when they will stay in the rollers. Have 4 Frigidaire appliances. Bought so they all matched. Dishwasher is junk. Can't get satisfaction from my extended warranty either. They indicate the racks are not covered under the warranty. Everyone I know will hear about this lack of concern by the company and their representatives in addition to the lax and loose tolerances they assemble these machines under.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

We renovated the kitchen (finally) and got the Frigidaire suite of appliances because PC Richards was running a special! I am so mad I didn't look at these reviews - what a total piece of crap!! I've HATED this machine since it was installed over a year ago and mad at myself for letting it linger this long. It just broke, but prior to that, it never cleaned the dishes properly! We were just told by the repair man it's because the machine does NOT heat the water - you have to run the hot water in the sink before you start the machine! Does that make sense? I'd love to put it out to the curb! From now on, I'm reading reviews. This dishwasher looks like it has consistent "one star" reviews.

Original review: July 7, 2018

Purchased January 2016 and the Frigidaire Gallery Series unit never cleaned properly and started leaking causing damage to floors and finished basement ceiling. The only thing worse than the performance of the dishwasher was the lack of knowledge and customer service from the company.

Original review: July 2, 2018

New out of the box and installed. First test run it sprays water out the side of door. Waited 2 weeks for warranty service. The day service was to be done (8 am to 5 pm service timeframe) they called to cancel service. Next available service date is over a week away. Just getting the first service date was a total runaround.

Business dishwasher (Frigidaire dishwasher model# ffbd2406ns11b) was purchased from will not accept a return due to having this dishwasher past 7 days. So useless dishwasher sitting in newly remodeled kitchen unable to be use. Wasting vacation days waiting for service that cancels. The business dishwasher was purchased from is trying to help and get authorization to accept the machine back for exchange or refund but Frigidaire refuses authorization until service is done. So delays and frustrating runarounds continue!!! I have purchased Frigidaire in the past but NEVER AGAIN!!!

Original review: July 1, 2018

Based on a model & serial number parts were ordered for a dishwasher directly from a Frigidaire customer service rep, they didn't fit. Unfortunately I was 2, yes, two days over the company's 90 return policy. Frigidaire will not allow me to return them. They are 2 wheels totally $40. Never used. We were unfortunately detained out of town. The store where the dishwasher was purchased no longer does business with Frigidaire due to numerous customer service issues. Please find another brand when looking for appliances. Frigidaire does indeed have poor customer service. With all the other choices out there give another company your business.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Looks can be deceiving!! We bought this Frigidaire Dishwasher at Best Buy. We liked the minimal look, it is in the second home we only use periodically. Always leaves dirty dishes and never dries no matter what setting we choose. My other home has an 8 years old Bosch and cleans amazingly.

Original review: June 1, 2018

Within days of installing a new Frigidaire dishwasher we had problems with it. A subsequent warranty call confirmed the motor needed to be replaced, as well as the soap container - as well as the dishes not cleaning very well. Yesterday I was contacted by the warranty's service provider to say that the Frigidaire warranty will cover replacement BUT that it was my responsibility to remove the dishwasher and re-install it because the warranty did not cover that. This was after I had already paid $100 to have it installed in the first place. Now I'll have to pay once again to have it taken out so the repair person can fix it, and then I'll have to pay again to have it re-installed after it is fixed. Needless to say, I am not pleased!

Updated on 06/01/2018: We had the repairman come today with a new motor (which was provided under the Frigidaire warranty, even though the removal and re-installation of the dishwasher in order to replace the motor was not) for our new dishwasher, only to discover that it was another faulty motor. Now he has to order yet another motor to replace the faulty one that was replacing the other faulty one. Why Frigidaire won’t just replace the dishwasher. Not good enough!

Original review: May 30, 2018

Purchased 4 Frigidaire Gallery appliances at Lowe's. Dishwasher broke needing 2 replacement parts within 6 months and 1 week of purchase. Frigidaire/Electrolux phone has "new" voice activated system that doesn't work. This according to the representative I finally got on my 11th call. Lowe's referred me directly to the repair service used by Electrolux - 15 days later and the part still is not in. "Maybe Friday" they say (that's 2 more days to get the part in THEN we schedule the repair visit). Frigidaire has my warranty proof of purchase and then on the next call they don't. The repair service called me to complain that the Frigidaire customer service rep was rude to her. This is a cluster catastrophe from start to finish - and I am still washing dishes by hand hoping nothing else breaks.

Original review: May 24, 2018

We bought a dishwasher last year, installed it in December and have not been able to use it at all or does not dry. We have had several techs of theirs come out and say nothing is wrong with it but they don't stay till the cycle rubs through. It runs for almost 2 hours normally but does not dry. The service tech came on May 11th and the night after we started the dishwasher at 10 till 7 and was still running. After 10:00 we had to shut it off and it never went through the drying cycle... Now they say if they come back we will be charged and it's still under warranty. All we want is a working dishwasher and they can't even do that... I will never buy a Frigidaire product again. It's the biggest piece of Junk ever!!!

Original review: April 23, 2018

April 15th, 2018 - Stepped in water on the kitchen floor - apparently from dishwasher. Called maintenance who found the heating element inside the plastic tub had collapsed and burned a hole in the bottom of the dishwasher tub. Time for this defective dishwasher to be replaced. It is 2 years old. Used once every evening. Sometimes the control doesn't allow us to set the dishwasher. Made in North Carolina - ELECTROLUX HOME PRODUCTS, INC. / ELECTROLUX CANADA CORP. CHARLOTTE, NC 28262 MISSISSAUGA, ONTARIO. SERIAL # TH13566302. MODEL # FDB520RHS2A. You all can replace this dishwasher soon. We could have had a house fire with this. And to think we were wondering where the electrical/plastic smell was coming from!!! This rental mobile home is at Birch Bay RV Resort in Birch Bay, Washington.

Original review: April 9, 2018

Ordered from Home Depot. Order Date Dec. 28, 2017. Delivery crew installed incorrectly, using my own extension cord! Dishwasher had water standing in bottom. Second crew from HD subcontractor reinstalled with correct electric cord. Sometimes dishwasher drained, sometimes not. Husband replaced air drain. Sometimes it drained, sometimes not. Authorized Frigidaire repair man came and said it was the air loop. I said it is the motor to drain. He made an air loop. This worked sometimes, but then stopped. Dirty water standing in bottom. Authorized repairman said those who installed it had to remove it so he could replace motor. Catch 22. So after 4 months I have a new Frigidaire dishwasher that does not work.

Original review: April 4, 2018

I purchased this dishwasher in November 2017. It was delivered Dec 2017. It stopped working Feb 2018. After six weeks of repeated calls and 4 different repairers/installers, a new dishwasher was installed. It has NOT worked from the start. Both dishwashers have had the same issue. Error message i30 and the dishwasher doesn't run. I read online that the power sensor was defective in this machine and that it must be updated for the dishwasher to work. But Frigidaire has never considered that the issue. I called yesterday morning to let them know that the newly installed dishwasher is doing the same thing as the original one did. They said they would call back. Today I received no call. This situation is unbelievable to me!!!

Original review: March 29, 2018

We bought an entire kitchen of Frigidaire's nicest appliances. I've owned 8 or more new dishwashers over the last 25 years. This is the very worst. The touch panel is extremely sensitive. If it gets touched more than 3 times in a row, it times out and I have to turn off my breaker to reset it. It barely gets them clean. Barely. You have to scrub every item before running a cycle. There is nothing good about this appliance. Nothing. Do not buy it. It is worth spending more money on a dishwasher. You will save yourself wrinkles, frustration, gray hairs, curse words and having to rewash loads of dishes.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

Just had my kitchen remodeled complete with a new Frigidaire dishwasher (model FFBD2406S11B). The dishwasher washed marginally the first couple of cycles, but after that it did a good job. However, after just 3 1/2 weeks of use the door began to pop open mid-cycle, but the dishwasher continued to run! It appears the plastic tub expands when it gets hot enough and the latch becomes misaligned. That is not the only problem though. The worst is that the handle sticks and keeps the dishwasher running.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

This will be our third service call for the dishwasher. First time would not drain, serviceman said too much soap... ok, filling the soap dispenser is too much soap! Second, replaced a gasket around the door due to leaking. Now, not draining at all. Found water all over our wood floor. None of the dishes are put in with any food, use mainly for sanitation. NEVER BUY. Oh, three service calls for our fridge, Frigidaire Gallery for the ice maker. Last time, water pouring out of ice maker. Lucky I was home or we would be replacing our floor. Both appliances are less than 3 years old!! At least their appliances are consistent, three service calls in three year. Run from a salesman that recommends them to you. We went to a local appliance store in a Rochester, NY not a box store. Guess, box store next time.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

Bought this D/W (Model FGID2466QF4A) in October 2015 and it did its job well and quietly until Dec last year. It started making loud grinding noises so we had a local appliance repair company take a look. Prognosis was that the pump motor was the cause. This machine's filters have never been clogged and after 2 years of once weekly light use looks almost as good as new. My conclusion is that Frigidaire has built in obsolescence or uses sub-standard parts. Frigidaire people were unhelpful and simply didn't think a motor failing so soon was an issue. More fool me for not taking an extended warranty, although I see many complaints about their after-sales workmanship that ensures our next appliance will NOT be a Frigidaire!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

1 day old and leaks water in motor, plumber said no bolts - I'm so mad I don't know what to do, I've jumped through the hoops, 5 call no help, so tired of "We're sorry." Water running into motor and in electrical components inside my new installed cabinets. So with no help from Frigidaire I called 3rd party for help. He said must be built on Monday or Friday. The tub is not bolted in and never had a bolt installed, 3 weeks later no service person, it funny they had no problem taking my money.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I wish I had upgraded. It is quiet though. I don't see any soil being washed off the dishes or pans etc. I dont use it often and thought I didnt need the most expensive one. After I close the door there is a delay before it starts. I wonder if it's working.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I got it new over a year ago and I like it but it just stopped working. I tried everything the manual said to do and it didn't help. I will call the service guy tomorrow and see what's up with it.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I've had my dishwasher for almost 20 years now, and have never had any problems with it. It washes and rinsed my dishes to a sparkling clean. It's very quiet running. I'm sold, I love it!!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

My dishwasher is rather small. It will accommodate dishes for approximately 4 people. It is very efficient and the dishes always come out clean. I scrape my dishes first and rinse some if they have a lot of food stuck on them. My dishwasher is almost 9 1/2 years old, and I have not had to make any repairs as of yet. I have been pleased with the service of this dishwasher.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

My Frigidaire is a double washer, which I love. No sense in running a large dishwasher for a few dishes. Being a two person household, this dishwasher is perfect when having family gatherings as well. The dishwasher has run perfectly for close to 10 years. One service call, as of late, with minimal cost. The best part is even though the bottom washer needed repair, I could continue to use the upper one while waiting on a repair for the bottom drawer.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

The racks rusted out within a couple of months. I didn't take the time to call it in, and now I'm stuck with purchasing some. The wash works great on the high cycle, but not well on regular wash.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Dishwasher overall is ok but I would like more space for larger pots. Also, maybe improving the security so my toddler doesn't accidentally starts a cycle. But other than that no issues.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I bought a Frigidaire 54-Decibel Built-In Dishwasher (EasyCare Stainless Steel) (Common: 24-in; Actual: 24-in) ENERGY STAR 2 months ago at Lowe's and love it. It is very quiet and it wash all my dishes great.

Frigidaire expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1916 under the name Guardian Frigerator Company, it became Frigidaire in 1919 and went on to be the most well-known name in refrigerators. As a General Motors subsidiary, Frigidaire also manufactured some of the first washing machines and has now branched into whole-home automation.

• Soil sensors: Get the right cycle every time with DishSense technology.

• Dishwasher selector: Find the perfect dishwasher style for you by using the dishwasher selector on the Frigidaire website.

• Compact options available: Frigidaire offers a compact 18-inch dishwasher in both built-in and portable styles.

• Discount prices: Frigidaire dishwashers range in price from luxury to discount, with some of the most affordable pricing available.

• Multiple finishes: With five different finishes, including stainless steel, black and white, Frigidaire dishwashers match most kitchen decors.

• Best for: Homeowners, apartment renters, families