1.60/5
Based on 46 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

357 Frigidaire Dishwashers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 7, 2018

Looks can be deceiving!! We bought this Frigidaire Dishwasher at Best Buy. We liked the minimal look, it is in the second home we only use periodically. Always leaves dirty dishes and never dries no matter what setting we choose. My other home has an 8 years old Bosch and cleans amazingly.

Original review: June 1, 2018

Within days of installing a new Frigidaire dishwasher we had problems with it. A subsequent warranty call confirmed the motor needed to be replaced, as well as the soap container - as well as the dishes not cleaning very well. Yesterday I was contacted by the warranty's service provider to say that the Frigidaire warranty will cover replacement BUT that it was my responsibility to remove the dishwasher and re-install it because the warranty did not cover that. This was after I had already paid $100 to have it installed in the first place. Now I'll have to pay once again to have it taken out so the repair person can fix it, and then I'll have to pay again to have it re-installed after it is fixed. Needless to say, I am not pleased!

Updated on 06/01/2018: We had the repairman come today with a new motor (which was provided under the Frigidaire warranty, even though the removal and re-installation of the dishwasher in order to replace the motor was not) for our new dishwasher, only to discover that it was another faulty motor. Now he has to order yet another motor to replace the faulty one that was replacing the other faulty one. Why Frigidaire won’t just replace the dishwasher. Not good enough!

Get expert buying tips about Dishwashers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 30, 2018

Purchased 4 Frigidaire Gallery appliances at Lowe's. Dishwasher broke needing 2 replacement parts within 6 months and 1 week of purchase. Frigidaire/Electrolux phone has "new" voice activated system that doesn't work. This according to the representative I finally got on my 11th call. Lowe's referred me directly to the repair service used by Electrolux - 15 days later and the part still is not in. "Maybe Friday" they say (that's 2 more days to get the part in THEN we schedule the repair visit). Frigidaire has my warranty proof of purchase and then on the next call they don't. The repair service called me to complain that the Frigidaire customer service rep was rude to her. This is a cluster catastrophe from start to finish - and I am still washing dishes by hand hoping nothing else breaks.

Original review: May 24, 2018

We bought a dishwasher last year, installed it in December and have not been able to use it at all or does not dry. We have had several techs of theirs come out and say nothing is wrong with it but they don't stay till the cycle rubs through. It runs for almost 2 hours normally but does not dry. The service tech came on May 11th and the night after we started the dishwasher at 10 till 7 and was still running. After 10:00 we had to shut it off and it never went through the drying cycle... Now they say if they come back we will be charged and it's still under warranty. All we want is a working dishwasher and they can't even do that... I will never buy a Frigidaire product again. It's the biggest piece of Junk ever!!!

Original review: April 23, 2018

April 15th, 2018 - Stepped in water on the kitchen floor - apparently from dishwasher. Called maintenance who found the heating element inside the plastic tub had collapsed and burned a hole in the bottom of the dishwasher tub. Time for this defective dishwasher to be replaced. It is 2 years old. Used once every evening. Sometimes the control doesn't allow us to set the dishwasher. Made in North Carolina - ELECTROLUX HOME PRODUCTS, INC. / ELECTROLUX CANADA CORP. CHARLOTTE, NC 28262 MISSISSAUGA, ONTARIO. SERIAL # TH13566302. MODEL # FDB520RHS2A. You all can replace this dishwasher soon. We could have had a house fire with this. And to think we were wondering where the electrical/plastic smell was coming from!!! This rental mobile home is at Birch Bay RV Resort in Birch Bay, Washington.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: April 9, 2018

Ordered from Home Depot. Order Date Dec. 28, 2017. Delivery crew installed incorrectly, using my own extension cord! Dishwasher had water standing in bottom. Second crew from HD subcontractor reinstalled with correct electric cord. Sometimes dishwasher drained, sometimes not. Husband replaced air drain. Sometimes it drained, sometimes not. Authorized Frigidaire repair man came and said it was the air loop. I said it is the motor to drain. He made an air loop. This worked sometimes, but then stopped. Dirty water standing in bottom. Authorized repairman said those who installed it had to remove it so he could replace motor. Catch 22. So after 4 months I have a new Frigidaire dishwasher that does not work.

Original review: April 4, 2018

I purchased this dishwasher in November 2017. It was delivered Dec 2017. It stopped working Feb 2018. After six weeks of repeated calls and 4 different repairers/installers, a new dishwasher was installed. It has NOT worked from the start. Both dishwashers have had the same issue. Error message i30 and the dishwasher doesn't run. I read online that the power sensor was defective in this machine and that it must be updated for the dishwasher to work. But Frigidaire has never considered that the issue. I called yesterday morning to let them know that the newly installed dishwasher is doing the same thing as the original one did. They said they would call back. Today I received no call. This situation is unbelievable to me!!!

Original review: March 29, 2018

We bought an entire kitchen of Frigidaire's nicest appliances. I've owned 8 or more new dishwashers over the last 25 years. This is the very worst. The touch panel is extremely sensitive. If it gets touched more than 3 times in a row, it times out and I have to turn off my breaker to reset it. It barely gets them clean. Barely. You have to scrub every item before running a cycle. There is nothing good about this appliance. Nothing. Do not buy it. It is worth spending more money on a dishwasher. You will save yourself wrinkles, frustration, gray hairs, curse words and having to rewash loads of dishes.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

Just had my kitchen remodeled complete with a new Frigidaire dishwasher (model FFBD2406S11B). The dishwasher washed marginally the first couple of cycles, but after that it did a good job. However, after just 3 1/2 weeks of use the door began to pop open mid-cycle, but the dishwasher continued to run! It appears the plastic tub expands when it gets hot enough and the latch becomes misaligned. That is not the only problem though. The worst is that the handle sticks and keeps the dishwasher running.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

This will be our third service call for the dishwasher. First time would not drain, serviceman said too much soap... ok, filling the soap dispenser is too much soap! Second, replaced a gasket around the door due to leaking. Now, not draining at all. Found water all over our wood floor. None of the dishes are put in with any food, use mainly for sanitation. NEVER BUY. Oh, three service calls for our fridge, Frigidaire Gallery for the ice maker. Last time, water pouring out of ice maker. Lucky I was home or we would be replacing our floor. Both appliances are less than 3 years old!! At least their appliances are consistent, three service calls in three year. Run from a salesman that recommends them to you. We went to a local appliance store in a Rochester, NY not a box store. Guess, box store next time.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

Bought this D/W (Model FGID2466QF4A) in October 2015 and it did its job well and quietly until Dec last year. It started making loud grinding noises so we had a local appliance repair company take a look. Prognosis was that the pump motor was the cause. This machine's filters have never been clogged and after 2 years of once weekly light use looks almost as good as new. My conclusion is that Frigidaire has built in obsolescence or uses sub-standard parts. Frigidaire people were unhelpful and simply didn't think a motor failing so soon was an issue. More fool me for not taking an extended warranty, although I see many complaints about their after-sales workmanship that ensures our next appliance will NOT be a Frigidaire!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

1 day old and leaks water in motor, plumber said no bolts - I'm so mad I don't know what to do, I've jumped through the hoops, 5 call no help, so tired of "We're sorry." Water running into motor and in electrical components inside my new installed cabinets. So with no help from Frigidaire I called 3rd party for help. He said must be built on Monday or Friday. The tub is not bolted in and never had a bolt installed, 3 weeks later no service person, it funny they had no problem taking my money.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I wish I had upgraded. It is quiet though. I don't see any soil being washed off the dishes or pans etc. I dont use it often and thought I didnt need the most expensive one. After I close the door there is a delay before it starts. I wonder if it's working.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I got it new over a year ago and I like it but it just stopped working. I tried everything the manual said to do and it didn't help. I will call the service guy tomorrow and see what's up with it.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I've had my dishwasher for almost 20 years now, and have never had any problems with it. It washes and rinsed my dishes to a sparkling clean. It's very quiet running. I'm sold, I love it!!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

My dishwasher is rather small. It will accommodate dishes for approximately 4 people. It is very efficient and the dishes always come out clean. I scrape my dishes first and rinse some if they have a lot of food stuck on them. My dishwasher is almost 9 1/2 years old, and I have not had to make any repairs as of yet. I have been pleased with the service of this dishwasher.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

My Frigidaire is a double washer, which I love. No sense in running a large dishwasher for a few dishes. Being a two person household, this dishwasher is perfect when having family gatherings as well. The dishwasher has run perfectly for close to 10 years. One service call, as of late, with minimal cost. The best part is even though the bottom washer needed repair, I could continue to use the upper one while waiting on a repair for the bottom drawer.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

The racks rusted out within a couple of months. I didn't take the time to call it in, and now I'm stuck with purchasing some. The wash works great on the high cycle, but not well on regular wash.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Dishwasher overall is ok but I would like more space for larger pots. Also, maybe improving the security so my toddler doesn't accidentally starts a cycle. But other than that no issues.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I bought a Frigidaire 54-Decibel Built-In Dishwasher (EasyCare Stainless Steel) (Common: 24-in; Actual: 24-in) ENERGY STAR 2 months ago at Lowe's and love it. It is very quiet and it wash all my dishes great.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

Don't buy this dishwasher. Waste of your hard earned $$$. 13 months old and already broken. From the very start the drain clearly was utterly useless, clogging constantly (I rinse all my dishes always have) still clogged!!! 13 months old it stopped pumping water. This dishwasher is so bad. I'm not going to waste my time or $$$ to get it fixed. Frigidaire should be ashamed of this dishwasher and themselves for selling this to people. I feel like I've been swindled!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I bought a new 2014 Frigidaire dishwasher from Appliance Factory Warehouse and it right away started creating a black mold like goo that was staining all my dishes. We tried everything to clean and remove it ourselves, but it kept coming back. I called Frigidaire customer support and they sent 3 repair men, who all said they didn't know why it was happening and there was nothing they could do to fix it. Frigidaire and Appliance Factory both refused to return or replace the obviously defective unit. Do not ever deal with any of these companies.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

Bought from Best Buy, and after about two weeks, noticed grime inside, as well as water not draining. A third party tech came out and said it needs to be cleaned at least every two weeks, so I began cleaning the filter regularly. (At my old house we had a Samsung that never once had an issue or needed constant cleaning). Even after cleaning the filter weekly, there was still grime, and now even mold growing on the utensil basket and the racks. Called the 3rd party appliance company again - they did diagnostic testing, suggested we try a different detergent and rinse aid, and not wash plastics (which floored me, why do I have a dishwasher if I can't wash anything plastic?) He said in thirty years of being a tech, the dishwashers have become so regulated that without dryers in them, water beads on the plastic and won't dry. He also ran a cycle with a cleaner called Glisten, which helped clean the inside a bit.

We tried everything he suggested, and he followed up two weeks later. Still not cleaning dishes AT ALL. I'm not sure how the engineers at Frigidaire decided this was a good product, as it is incapable of doing the only job it is intended to do. His final visit, he spoke with Frigidaire techs, who ruled it 'unfixable' and gave a reference number for us to call and begin the process to get it replaced. (He also warned me Frigidaire would fight tooth and nail against me, even though I now had the reference number).

My first call to their consumer affairs the normal process was to have a tech provide me a reference number. When I said that is what I am calling with, he said he would 'have to check on the conversation between their tech and the guy who worked on our washer.' If I hadn't heard in two days, to call back. Not hearing, I called back and this time was told the only note they saw was 'improper loading of dishes', which wasn't a manufacture issue and they won't be replacing it. She then offered to sell me some cleaner to 'make the stainless' sparkle and asked if there was anything else she could help with. I just said "No, but I will keep calling back to speak with someone else." Looks like it will be a battle.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

We bought all Frigidaire kitchen appliances after about a year and a couple months we started having problem. Some of the button on the control panel stopped working. We could no long just start the washer. We had to use the delay button to wash our dishes which forced us to wait an hour before it would start working. After about another year and a few months of this the whole control panel started blinking and the only way to reset was to reset our circuit breaker on our electrical panel and after that it would only work for one cycle and go off so we use it to rinse our dishes. We have to wash and dry by hand. We are planning to buy a new washer but NOT Frigidaire. I will never buy another.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I rent my house, and the landlord installed a Frigidaire dishwasher 3 years ago. I've done nothing but complain to him about it the whole 3 years! It is the worst machine I've EVER had! Finally the pump gave out, and they replaced it. I've used it twice since the new one was installed, and the soap door didn't open either time, and I have no idea how, but the dishes came out dirtier than when they went in! And grimy too! My first load through it was all NEW bakeware, now tell me please, how did that get dirty in the brand new dishwasher?

The door also doesn't close properly, I have to force it shut. And I've only had it ONE day!!! The old machine had multiple problems, something new all the time, and the door even fell off it one day. These machines are nothing but JUNK!!! True, I didn't pay for this machine, but I hate the fact that my wonderful landlord was ripped off by them. He's so meek, he'd never stand up against them, and they've really taken advantage of him. I don't want that to happen to you!!!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

We have a Frigidaire dishwasher that has been repaired numerous times, and is still under the extended warranty contract. Frigidaire finally decided to replace it, but they sent us a machine that the technicians say they can't install, and are telling us we have to keep it. I'm having to call around today to see if I can find someone else to try to install it, because the one I have now is dead. It worked fine one day, and quit working the next. That's the way these machines are. I suspect it's because the digital control panel is in the inside once the door is shut, and that humidity gets into it and damages it. At any rate, I don't have a dishwasher that works, and Frigidaire is doing nothing to help me.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I just bought this dishwasher and it doesn't drain properly and the dishes and the inside of unit stay wet. I have been trying for 3 weeks to get a repair company to come out and service the machine but no one has ever shown up. The first company told me to find someone else because they don't service my area late in the day and I can't take off from work. The second company said they'd come on 3 different occasions but never showed and they only called to cancel one of the times. When I call customer service at Electrolux, I can't even get a supervisor to call me back. At this point I just want to get rid of the machine and by a brand that is not affiliated with Electrolux. Unfortunately, Home Depot won't take the machine back because I've had it over 30 days. I would never recommend this brand or company to anyone.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

Our Frigidaire dishwasher has become inoperable twice. The first time we had insurance on it. It was not replaced. Instead, the repairman had to take it completely apart and replace parts. He was a genius! The machine worked very well for some time but the same thing happened the second time. I am finished with Frigidaire! This is what happened.

I found water on the floor in front of the dishwasher, so we called the insuring company and a repairman was sent. He opened the door and immediately said, "I see the problem." The heating element had warped and bent so that it touched the floor of the machine which melted, causing it to leak. We were without a dishwasher until the repairman heard back from the company. Then we waited for parts. We did not expect any further problems but now, the same thing has happened with the heating element warping and melting a hole in the floor of the dishwasher. We can't find the insurance papers (they're probably outdated anyway). What I really would like to find out is this: What caused this to happen? (I called the store where we purchased the machine and they said they'd not heard of this happening before.)

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

As a reasonable man, whom for 40+ years has held the view/belief that many people in business are smart, that has changed. It is NOW my view that the management/engineers/designers at Frigidaire people that fall into this category above have no reasonable knowledge of, experience in nor interest in dishwasher design or functionality. Truly the biggest waste of money I have ever spent on an appliance.

To be more specific, my 2 week old Frigidaire dishwasher is the poorest design I have run across in 30 years. To be even more specific, it does NOT hold 10 plates, or more than 4 bowls and no, nada, zero, zip wine glasses. I will go this far. If anyone buys and likes a Frigidaire washer they have more money than God, or they have a family member who works for the company. Truly I would not recommend a Frigidaire appliance to anyone, that I liked.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

I moved to a brand new house with all Frigidaire appliances. The dishwasher was very disappointing from day 1. There were many appointments to both repair and replace. Now we are waiting for ANOTHER replacement from the same brand. It is a never ending story. The dishwasher wouldn't drain and would never dry the dishes. I would never recommend this brand to anyone.

Frigidaire expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1916 under the name Guardian Frigerator Company, it became Frigidaire in 1919 and went on to be the most well-known name in refrigerators. As a General Motors subsidiary, Frigidaire also manufactured some of the first washing machines and has now branched into whole-home automation.

• Soil sensors: Get the right cycle every time with DishSense technology.

• Dishwasher selector: Find the perfect dishwasher style for you by using the dishwasher selector on the Frigidaire website.

• Compact options available: Frigidaire offers a compact 18-inch dishwasher in both built-in and portable styles.

• Discount prices: Frigidaire dishwashers range in price from luxury to discount, with some of the most affordable pricing available.

• Multiple finishes: With five different finishes, including stainless steel, black and white, Frigidaire dishwashers match most kitchen decors.

• Best for: Homeowners, apartment renters, families