Frigidaire Dishwashers
1.00/5
  • 1 star
Based on 41 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Frigidaire Dishwashers

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 2, 2018

337 Frigidaire Dishwashers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

Don't buy this dishwasher. Waste of your hard earned $$$. 13 months old and already broken. From the very start the drain clearly was utterly useless, clogging constantly (I rinse all my dishes always have) still clogged!!! 13 months old it stopped pumping water. This dishwasher is so bad. I'm not going to waste my time or $$$ to get it fixed. Frigidaire should be ashamed of this dishwasher and themselves for selling this to people. I feel like I've been swindled!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I bought a new 2014 Frigidaire dishwasher from Appliance Factory Warehouse and it right away started creating a black mold like goo that was staining all my dishes. We tried everything to clean and remove it ourselves, but it kept coming back. I called Frigidaire customer support and they sent 3 repair men, who all said they didn't know why it was happening and there was nothing they could do to fix it. Frigidaire and Appliance Factory both refused to return or replace the obviously defective unit. Do not ever deal with any of these companies.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

Bought from Best Buy, and after about two weeks, noticed grime inside, as well as water not draining. A third party tech came out and said it needs to be cleaned at least every two weeks, so I began cleaning the filter regularly. (At my old house we had a Samsung that never once had an issue or needed constant cleaning). Even after cleaning the filter weekly, there was still grime, and now even mold growing on the utensil basket and the racks. Called the 3rd party appliance company again - they did diagnostic testing, suggested we try a different detergent and rinse aid, and not wash plastics (which floored me, why do I have a dishwasher if I can't wash anything plastic?) He said in thirty years of being a tech, the dishwashers have become so regulated that without dryers in them, water beads on the plastic and won't dry. He also ran a cycle with a cleaner called Glisten, which helped clean the inside a bit.

We tried everything he suggested, and he followed up two weeks later. Still not cleaning dishes AT ALL. I'm not sure how the engineers at Frigidaire decided this was a good product, as it is incapable of doing the only job it is intended to do. His final visit, he spoke with Frigidaire techs, who ruled it 'unfixable' and gave a reference number for us to call and begin the process to get it replaced. (He also warned me Frigidaire would fight tooth and nail against me, even though I now had the reference number).

My first call to their consumer affairs the normal process was to have a tech provide me a reference number. When I said that is what I am calling with, he said he would 'have to check on the conversation between their tech and the guy who worked on our washer.' If I hadn't heard in two days, to call back. Not hearing, I called back and this time was told the only note they saw was 'improper loading of dishes', which wasn't a manufacture issue and they won't be replacing it. She then offered to sell me some cleaner to 'make the stainless' sparkle and asked if there was anything else she could help with. I just said "No, but I will keep calling back to speak with someone else." Looks like it will be a battle.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

We bought all Frigidaire kitchen appliances after about a year and a couple months we started having problem. Some of the button on the control panel stopped working. We could no long just start the washer. We had to use the delay button to wash our dishes which forced us to wait an hour before it would start working. After about another year and a few months of this the whole control panel started blinking and the only way to reset was to reset our circuit breaker on our electrical panel and after that it would only work for one cycle and go off so we use it to rinse our dishes. We have to wash and dry by hand. We are planning to buy a new washer but NOT Frigidaire. I will never buy another.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I rent my house, and the landlord installed a Frigidaire dishwasher 3 years ago. I've done nothing but complain to him about it the whole 3 years! It is the worst machine I've EVER had! Finally the pump gave out, and they replaced it. I've used it twice since the new one was installed, and the soap door didn't open either time, and I have no idea how, but the dishes came out dirtier than when they went in! And grimy too! My first load through it was all NEW bakeware, now tell me please, how did that get dirty in the brand new dishwasher?

The door also doesn't close properly, I have to force it shut. And I've only had it ONE day!!! The old machine had multiple problems, something new all the time, and the door even fell off it one day. These machines are nothing but JUNK!!! True, I didn't pay for this machine, but I hate the fact that my wonderful landlord was ripped off by them. He's so meek, he'd never stand up against them, and they've really taken advantage of him. I don't want that to happen to you!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

We have a Frigidaire dishwasher that has been repaired numerous times, and is still under the extended warranty contract. Frigidaire finally decided to replace it, but they sent us a machine that the technicians say they can't install, and are telling us we have to keep it. I'm having to call around today to see if I can find someone else to try to install it, because the one I have now is dead. It worked fine one day, and quit working the next. That's the way these machines are. I suspect it's because the digital control panel is in the inside once the door is shut, and that humidity gets into it and damages it. At any rate, I don't have a dishwasher that works, and Frigidaire is doing nothing to help me.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I just bought this dishwasher and it doesn't drain properly and the dishes and the inside of unit stay wet. I have been trying for 3 weeks to get a repair company to come out and service the machine but no one has ever shown up. The first company told me to find someone else because they don't service my area late in the day and I can't take off from work. The second company said they'd come on 3 different occasions but never showed and they only called to cancel one of the times. When I call customer service at Electrolux, I can't even get a supervisor to call me back. At this point I just want to get rid of the machine and by a brand that is not affiliated with Electrolux. Unfortunately, Home Depot won't take the machine back because I've had it over 30 days. I would never recommend this brand or company to anyone.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

Our Frigidaire dishwasher has become inoperable twice. The first time we had insurance on it. It was not replaced. Instead, the repairman had to take it completely apart and replace parts. He was a genius! The machine worked very well for some time but the same thing happened the second time. I am finished with Frigidaire! This is what happened.

I found water on the floor in front of the dishwasher, so we called the insuring company and a repairman was sent. He opened the door and immediately said, "I see the problem." The heating element had warped and bent so that it touched the floor of the machine which melted, causing it to leak. We were without a dishwasher until the repairman heard back from the company. Then we waited for parts. We did not expect any further problems but now, the same thing has happened with the heating element warping and melting a hole in the floor of the dishwasher. We can't find the insurance papers (they're probably outdated anyway). What I really would like to find out is this: What caused this to happen? (I called the store where we purchased the machine and they said they'd not heard of this happening before.)

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

As a reasonable man, whom for 40+ years has held the view/belief that many people in business are smart, that has changed. It is NOW my view that the management/engineers/designers at Frigidaire people that fall into this category above have no reasonable knowledge of, experience in nor interest in dishwasher design or functionality. Truly the biggest waste of money I have ever spent on an appliance.

To be more specific, my 2 week old Frigidaire dishwasher is the poorest design I have run across in 30 years. To be even more specific, it does NOT hold 10 plates, or more than 4 bowls and no, nada, zero, zip wine glasses. I will go this far. If anyone buys and likes a Frigidaire washer they have more money than God, or they have a family member who works for the company. Truly I would not recommend a Frigidaire appliance to anyone, that I liked.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

I moved to a brand new house with all Frigidaire appliances. The dishwasher was very disappointing from day 1. There were many appointments to both repair and replace. Now we are waiting for ANOTHER replacement from the same brand. It is a never ending story. The dishwasher wouldn't drain and would never dry the dishes. I would never recommend this brand to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I purchased a Frigidaire dishwasher in May of 2015. The OUTSIDE PANEL of the dishwasher is now rusting. I called Frigidaire and was told that my dishwasher is out of warranty, and Frigidaire does not cover rust in any event. This is ridiculous. I did not read the ENTIRE warranty prior to purchasing the dishwasher (and the rest of the Frigidaire suite of appliances). I can understand that they would not cover rust inside the dishwasher, but this is the outside panel that is not exposed to water. I do not feel that I should have to replace the outside panel on a dishwasher that is 2-1/2 years old, and is rusting for no reason whatsoever.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

After 1.5 years worst dishwasher ever. This dishwasher is terrible! The bottom orbital arm came engineered with a factory defect. We replaced with newly manufactured part. It still cleans absolutely nothing, even after a full cycle. To be fair, I guess the top part for glasses & cups works. Dishwashers are supposed to be helpful. I routinely reclean almost anything from the bottom rack. The bottom arm is removable and falls out frequently. Resetting it does not fix the issue. I would try to sell it and get new - but unlike Frigidaire I would not wish this hunk of junk on my worst enemy. I could not knowingly take money from someone for this useless appliance. I wish more people could read this and save themselves the anguish and inconvenience of ownership.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

We had a Frigidaire dishwasher Gallery series. It went on us in a short time, so like a fool I bought another one. It lasted a whole 15 months, it started washing dishes very poorly so after a service call the control board and pressure sensor are gone, in the price of parts and labor we are looking at the same price we paid for the piece of crap, so now I have to buy another new one, trust me it won't be Frigidaire this time!!!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

CONSUMERS BEWARE. Nobody buy a dishwasher or any other appliances from Frigidaire. Brand new dishwasher hasn't worked since I got it in May (it is now September). I had to block off from 8 am to noon or from noon to 5 pm on a work day for the contracted service company to come out and try to fix my dishwasher. All 3 times the service company was not able to fix the dishwasher. Frigidaire says I have to block off ANOTHER 5 hour period for a service company to come to try to fix the dishwasher. I have already missed 3 days of work for these service technicians. I cannot take off another day from work AGAIN for the 4th time. I asked to talk to a supervisor and they are not willing to schedule something for just a 2 hour block of time so I don't have to miss an entire day of work. This is a NEW dishwasher. Horrible customer service. Incompetent service technicians. Don't buy from Frigidaire.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

In August 2016 I purchased a Frigidaire Gallery Dishwasher. Totally dissatisfied with my purchase. I have glasses that are etched. The water does not get hot and the dishes are never clean. The water does not properly drain after washing. I have only used it 4 times since my purchase a year ago.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

In 2015 we bought the dishwasher model FFBD2406NW7B new from Lowe's. We have had to have leaks repaired 3 times because of cracked fittings! Even when put on the Heavy cycle, using the recommend Finish dish washing soap dishes do not come clean. I always even rinse my dishes before putting them in. Would never recommend this brand to anyone!!

Original review: July 29, 2017

I would never purchase another Frigidaire product! 3 months after having dishwasher a hose underneath had to be replaced! After that day dishwasher fell apart a little more each day! My dishwasher, which I had paid extra for since the sales representative said the stainless on the inside would make it so dishwasher would last longer! What a joke! The prongs on the shelves have rotted out, lost like six to 8 sets! The silver basket rotted out on the bottom. So 6 out of ten slots you can no longer use! The wheel guides rotted off! Now today the damn machine won't turn on!

REALLY MY PARENTS HAD THEIRS FOR 25 PLUS YEARS! Our Frigidaire ran just over 2 years! Was going to call and make A repair man come fix it! That is until I found all the negative reviews here! I can see it would be a waste of my time! Since I can see Frigidaire definitely doesn't back their product! So I guess I will go dishwasher shopping! I can guarantee it won't be a Frigidaire I purchase, not now or ever!

Original review: July 23, 2017

Purchased the Frigidaire Gallery dishwasher and refrigerator in 2015. Both were to be smudge proof ~ that is a lie. The dishwasher never drains, nor does it rinse the dishes clean. I have now begun to wash them by hand. The refrigerator is awful. The exterior water dispenser leaks constantly. DON'T EVER BUY FRIGIDAIRE ~ I should have stuck with KitchenAid products. I had them in the house I sold and they were well made, extremely quiet, and completely SMUDGE PROOF. I got so ripped off.

Original review: July 20, 2017

The ABSOLUTE worst dishwasher we have ever owned. Does not properly clean dishes (even after running it 2 or 3 times), does not dry dishes AT ALL, and smells. I hate this Frigidaire Gallery dishwasher. Under the warranty, we had a service person out here SIX times for all the same reason. I was told that it wasn't properly installed, crooked, not balance, clogged, and then finally, I had to practically wash the dishes before I put them in (uhhhh, so what's the point of having a machine???). I use only the recommended dish detergent and rinse aid, clean it out after every use and still, these problems persist. It's basically sitting there. I use it only if we have used lots of dishes and then I rinse every dish, make sure it's all clean inside and then run it on the longest cycle. I still usually end up washing the dishes myself since there is food stuck on the dishes and dry them by hand.

Original review: July 20, 2017

We bought an extended service warranty from Frigidaire for our dishwasher earlier this year. We never did receive a copy of the contract. The dishwasher itself was part of the home which we purchased last year. When our dishwasher stopped working, we called the warranty service and described the problem (none of the controls would work, small green electric light apparently illuminating 'heat/dry' was lit). Come to find out that the service call which they arranged was NOT covered, because "only functional repairs are covered." (No contract, no information about this.) We were told that the green light was illuminating a picture of a lock, indicating that the unit was locked to prevent children from activating it, etc.

The agent at Frigidaire whom we talked with was in a position to simply tell us that the unit was locked. Surely they have some responsibility before dispatching a repairman to provide basic information about the machine. The company took no responsibility at all and we were stuck with the entire $74 service call fee. We had asked that they take at least some responsibility- wouldn't budge. Poor service, poor customer relations, poor management, poor product- buyer beware.

Original review: July 7, 2017

Purchased a FRIGIDAIRE dishwasher, FGID2479SF on or about May 10, 2017. The machine stopped working June 21, 2017. Waited until July 5, 2017 for a repairman and he could not fix it. Still waiting for customer service to tell me when the machine will be repaired. Today, July 7, 2017 I have been on hold for an hour and 16 minutes after I asked to speak to a supervisor. They never give you the customer service they promise after the call. Everyone in customer service just says they will follow up and call back, but never do. I had a KitchenAid dishwasher for 25 years and never called for a repair. Think twice before you buy a Frigidaire product.

Original review: July 6, 2017

A Nightmare. If you go to purchase a dishwasher, don't even think of buying a Frigidaire. Purchased dishwasher in 2013. The first year it leaked water, had three service calls and was down almost 2 months. Purchased extended warranty, thank god. From 2014 to 2017 had at least 6 service calls for the same thing. Leaked water all over the kitchen and the time between waiting for parts and scheduling service, we were down a total of 4 months. The last service call they replaced every part on the dishwasher. Well, this morning we ran dishwasher and you guessed it water all over the kitchen floor.

Original review: July 5, 2017

This dishwasher, Frigidaire Gallery, is absolutely the worst dishwasher I have ever owned. It doesn't not dry anything in at all. Not even the inside of racks or silverware carrier. All that Frigidaire will do for me is keep sending out repair services and they all say it's fixed and then tell me to do things like use rinse aid which they can see is full and after the dishwasher runs for 1 hr and 30 minutes, open the door so it can air dry. On top of waiting for 3 different service calls, one time no one showed up at all. They are also telling me to call my builder to replace it. While I'm sharing I also have their Gallery refrigerator. The ice maker came broken and had to be rebuilt. Even after rebuilding it, it makes very little ice and the water is comes out warm and they said, "that's normal". I will never buy anything from FRIGIDAIRE again!!!

Original review: July 1, 2017

Frigidaire Dishwasher - broke - would not go on. Took 3 days to come out for service through the warranty and only fixed for one day. Called again a couple of days later and they contacted the repair service but another 4 days. Supposed to come out Wednesday. Warranty is terrible, you have to wait so long and we've had house guests this week and it's very annoying. Didn't remember we had a warranted and called Doc's and when he looked at our bill he showed us and said the part was very expensive and he recommended we call the warranty co. He was very nice but we had to pay him $90 for the service call. In addition, we called a few months ago about detergent not dissolving and just leaving a blob in the dispenser. Water was very hot. A rep at Frigidaire told me to use liquid. Shouldn't have to do that!!! Probably have to buy a new one (this is only 4 years) but will not buy Frigidaire.

Original review: June 29, 2017

I have a 2 year old Frigidaire dishwasher, last year I found out the seal was put on the wrong after I flooded my kitchen and I had to have a $14,000 homeowners insurance claim. Since then I had the seal replaced and in the last three months 2 new pumps put in. It holds water at the bottom and don't wash for nothing. Frigidaire refuses to replace it and it saying there is nothing wrong with it.

Original review: June 28, 2017

Purchase the Gallery Kitchen Suite products in December 2015 and have had nothing but problems with the dishwasher. Power board stopped working in August 2016, we repaired under warranty, and it just went out again in June 2017. Poor/faulty design, and just a poor product overall. Avoid Frigidaire all together if possible. Better quality products are on the market, at the same price.

Original review: June 5, 2017

I have owned the Frigidaire dishwasher since July 1, 2014. Twice the dishwasher has leak and causing damage to my ceiling. Serial number th3254488 and model number FGB02438PF08. The first leak was December 2014 and the second is June 5, 2017. A dishwasher 3 years old should not be causing this much trouble. A piece of junk.

Original review: May 22, 2017

We purchased the Frigidaire Gallery Suite in January of 2015 and have had nothing but trouble with 3 out of the four appliances. The latest is our dishwasher which keeps registering an i20 error code (Deals with draining issues) and stops 2/3 through a cycle and has to be reset to finish. This happens on the normal and energy saver cycle. There is nothing in any of the drains and when a repairman came to fix it he called Frigidaire to find out what the repair should be and Frigidaire told him that we needed a new sensor and to make sure the hose was properly installed. $245 later the issue has not been solved and when talking with Frigidaire they cannot be sure that the problem was that so the best they could do was to offer us 10% off the next part which MAY fix the problem.

The dishwasher was $629 to begin with and only 2.5 years old! Also they offered me a new warranty that I could add to the dishwasher after it was fixed. We weren't asking for money back but to pay the difference to get it fixed. Why would I put another $250? plus a warranty into a dishwasher that cost $629 to begin with? I think we have a bad circuit board. Since the one year warranty has elapsed I have had the water light go out on the refrigerator, a safety gas valve replaced on my oven and now the dishwasher! No wonder they don't back up their product. Do not buy! Very frustrated with Frigidaire and their products. Would not recommend to anyone!

Original review: May 19, 2017

I purchased a Frigidaire Dishwasher Oct 22 2016. Ours lost all power on 4/18/2017 and to date we still do not have a working dishwasher after calling the manufacturer at least three times. They refuse to send us a new one. First the repair company Fuller Appliance said it was the circuit board, a week and half later a different guy said it was another part. More waiting over a week and now the motor needs to be replaced. I got no help from the manufacturer. Spoke with Taylor and William her supervisor. They insisted that I had to have the appliance company replace the parts. So now over a month with no dishwasher that I paid 500.00 for. This is the worst customer service I have seen. So what other parts to be replaced next week. DON'T EVER BUY Frigidaire if at all possible.

Original review: May 17, 2017

I purchased a smudge proof, stainless steel Frigidaire dishwasher in December 2015 for $539. Within a year, the power board blew out. At that time I purchased an extended warranty plan directly through Frigidaire for another few hundred dollars. Well, this past Friday the dishwasher caught fire in my home. The fire department responded by ripping the unit out of my house and putting it on my back deck. I was instructed to not put this unit back in my home at any cost. Frigidaire sent a tech out and they will not replace the unit, but rather repair it. Repair an item that almost burned my house. If I had not been home, that is what would have happened. It was not even running! Frigidaire absolutely refuses to make this right.

Frigidaire expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1916 under the name Guardian Frigerator Company, it became Frigidaire in 1919 and went on to be the most well-known name in refrigerators. As a General Motors subsidiary, Frigidaire also manufactured some of the first washing machines and has now branched into whole-home automation.

• Soil sensors: Get the right cycle every time with DishSense technology.

• Dishwasher selector: Find the perfect dishwasher style for you by using the dishwasher selector on the Frigidaire website.

• Compact options available: Frigidaire offers a compact 18-inch dishwasher in both built-in and portable styles.

• Discount prices: Frigidaire dishwashers range in price from luxury to discount, with some of the most affordable pricing available.

• Multiple finishes: With five different finishes, including stainless steel, black and white, Frigidaire dishwashers match most kitchen decors.

• Best for: Homeowners, apartment renters, families

www.frigidaire.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use