Frigidaire Dishwashers

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

Frigidaire Dishwashers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire Dishwashers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

MY wife and I are over 85 and need a reliable washer. Had my Gallery Frigidaire dishwasher for over 12 years and have not had one problem. Use this washer an average of twice a week. It is very quiet and cleans and dries meeting all our expectations. Will shop for another Gallery Frigidaire when this one dies. Highly recommend this product.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

Dishwasher does a great job on glasses, dishes and pots and pans. It is very quiet and I use less water than when washing dishes by hand. I would recommend a Frigidaire dishwasher to anyone looking to purchase a dishwasher.

Get buying tips about Dishwashers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

Been using this model for a year now without any complications. It is somewhat quiet and cleans very well. I can even use the short wash or the one hour wash to save on electricity and it still kicks out clean dishes.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

It leaves the dishes extremely clean, it has a low consumption of energy. One of the points to improve is the rack design, to make it more user friendly. But this is just a plus, the cleaning efficiency is outstanding.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

The design of the racks and silverware holder are horrible, can't count the number of times I have hurt my hands on the sharp edges of the silverware holder especially when removing the silverware. Dish racks allow plates to fall over constantly. The drying system will not dry anything, everything is dripping wet no matter what cycle you run.

Original review: June 11, 2022

Frigidaire built in dishwasher was purchased June 2021. Under warranty I called for repairs 6 times because the dishes were never clean. They replaced the motor, hoses, checked jets and the computer. The last call they told me the filters were dirty. I cleaned them and the washer still leaves the dishes greasy and dirty. My warranty is up and I will buy another brand of dishwasher after owning this one for only a year.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2022

We bought our Frigidaire Gallery dishwasher in Oct. of 2015, and in Nov. of 2021, the heating element melted a hole in the tub, causing a leak on our kitchen floor. Nothing was hanging through the dish rack/touching the heating element. I did some research and found a class action settlement against KitchenAid, Kenmore, and Whirlpool for the same event, but I can't find anything for Frigidaire/Electrolux. Anyone have any info on a class action lawsuit against Frigidaire/Electrolux?

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

NEVER BUY FRIGIDAIRE. NEVER BUY APPLIANCE FROM Home Depot.

9/5/21: Ordered via www.homedepot.com #** Frigidaire 24 in. Stainless Steel Front Control Dishwasher.
    9/23/21: Delivered.
    9/26/21: Installed by GC. Unit ran but water sprays into kitchen because door does not latch at all.
    9/28/21: I read manuf. installation instructions, confirmed unit level/secured properly. Door closing, not latching.
    9/27/21: Called Frigidaire (F) 1 hr wait time, disconnected.
    9/29/21: Called F, 1 hr wait time to talk with a human. I was told to call back with serial #. I only had model # and order#.
    9/30/21: Called back, 30 min wait, gave serial #. They scheduled a repair using 3rd party 3 wks out. I was given a 4 hr time window.

10/19/21: Took day off work. Repair person confirmed: Unit installed correctly, door not latching. Unable to repair. Possibly replacing the latch would fix it. He ordered part, it would take 3 weeks.

11/3/21: Another day off work. That day rec'd text that the appt was canceled and I was automatically scheduled for 10 days later on 11/9/21. Lotsa back and forth with third party...had to move appt to 11/19 because I work.

I called HD store I thought unit came from, explained the situation, it had been 6 weeks with a new defective appliance, having issues with F, their repair contractors and unable to take more time off of work to deal with it. The CS person I spoke with said I needed to talk to "Andi". He did not answer. I left a vm with my info and order #. I never got a callback. I called again 3 days later, spoke with Andi, asked if he had rec'd my message. He did, and said since it was a different HD that had delivered the appliance and therefore he could not do anything. When Asked why no one said that, he claimed that he had reached out to them and asked them to contact me. It was a week later and no one had followed up. I called the other HD and spoke with a woman who said she could not help me because it was an online order, therefore I had to talk to online CS.

I called online CS and they could not help me because of the HD appliance return policy stating "returns only within 48 hrs." OOKAAAY.. After that the manufacturer has to fix it. What about when the unit was defective from the start? HD still could not help me because of the policy. At that time they were able to call some magical line at F and get right thru to someone (must say you are HD associate FYI) and that F had scheduled someone to fix it. When I told HD that was a logistical ** show, they said they could not do anything.

11/19/21: Took Another day off work. Repair person asked if I have the latch part. I had NO IDEA, never told part would be shipped TO ME. He tried to track down the part that was apparently lost in the mail. Ordered another part. Scheduled for another 3 weeks out for 12/10. It keeps going! 11/19/21 I spent 5 hours calling HD, F, my credit card company to reverse the charge, and the BBB. I tried to talk to HD 3 x that day. Multiple reps saying the issue was out of their hands. I was disconnected.

Since hour wait times are my jam I tried again to talk to F. I was told many x they would NOT give me a refund. Even tho it was a defective unit and a logistical nightmare to get fixed. They could do nothing. I asked to speak with a supervisor, transferred and got automated message that said "Sorry for the inconvenience. We cannot take your call at this time. Try again later” and was disconnected. I called F asked to speak with Warranty Dept, transferred and again rec’d the message as above. I tried to get thru to warranty Dept once more, same thing.

>If, by some magical happenstance, the moon and stars align on 12/10 this broken piece of ** is actually fixed, that would make it 75 days, many hours on the phone and a good 5 years off my life, to fix a brand new appliance that was defective. I DO NOT WANT YOUR DEFECTIVE JUNK APPLIANCE. NOR FOR YOU TO REPLACE IT WITH THE SAME BRAND PIECE OF JUNK (which was never even offered to me BTW). >>>>I JUST WANT A ** REFUND.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

Our dishwasher is just 15 months old and 3 months ago, I noticed marks on my dishes. Has anyone else notice this. It looks like it's taking the finish off of them. Even my stainless knives are losing their finish. I don't like that it doesn't dry very well and the utensil basket doesn't fit good either.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

We bought our dishwasher just over a year ago and had trouble with it since day #1. It went through the cycle and dishes were damp and bottom of dishwasher was wet. We were already using the Finish liquid to assist in drying and the Cascade pods recommended. They sent technician out and he said the pods were no good for hard water. (We have city water-not hard.) We switched to what he recommended which was Cascade powder. It still left dishes damp. We called and technician came out second time and said he couldn't find anything wrong and to leave door open to dry inside. We didn't think that was right but we did that for awhile.

We recently realized that our dishes and inside of dishwasher was getting an odor and mildewing our dishes. We called again to explain and that mildew is a health hazard. They sent out the technician for the third time and he said there were many complaints about this dishwasher. He took it up with the engineers who denied a return. We called customer service once again and they also refused to do anything. Secondly the "stainless steel" finish is so thin that rust is showing through already and I have never used abrasives to wipe it down. This dishwasher is a very poor product and would not recommend it or Frigidaire for their customer care satisfaction. We are now stuck with a useless machine.

Frigidaire author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in 1916 under the name Guardian Frigerator Company, it became Frigidaire in 1919 and went on to be the most well-known name in refrigerators. As a General Motors subsidiary, Frigidaire also manufactured some of the first washing machines and has now branched into whole-home automation.

• Soil sensors: Get the right cycle every time with DishSense technology.

• Dishwasher selector: Find the perfect dishwasher style for you by using the dishwasher selector on the Frigidaire website.

• Compact options available: Frigidaire offers a compact 18-inch dishwasher in both built-in and portable styles.

• Discount prices: Frigidaire dishwashers range in price from luxury to discount, with some of the most affordable pricing available.

• Multiple finishes: With five different finishes, including stainless steel, black and white, Frigidaire dishwashers match most kitchen decors.

Frigidaire Dishwashers Company Information