1.58/5
Based on 224 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for new cookware?

Last updated: March 31, 2018

433 Farberware Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: March 31, 2018

Bought set of pans less than 3 months ago. Lids and handles came a little loose. First time I tried to tighten them EVERYONE stripped. They are pieces of **. I will never buy your products again. I will be telling everyone I know to never buy your ** again. Have a great day.

Original review: March 14, 2018

I purchased a cheese slicer that has a wire to slice the cheese. After minimal usage the wire broke. I called their toll free number and spoke with someone who told me I needed to ship the item into them. I asked what is the point of a warranty if the cost of replacement is equal to or higher than purchasing again? The woman said I didn't need to yell at her. I told her I wasn't yelling and would be happy to show her yelling if she would prefer, at which time she told me she was ending the conversation. Even if I was yelling this is completely unacceptable customer service. While the customer may not always be right, we always pay her salary. It seems that Farberware believes we need them more than they need us. I will no longer purchase from a company that employs such unprofessional personnel.

Get expert buying tips about Cookware Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I recently purchased a Farberware trio crockpot to use over holidays and just yesterday 1/18/18 I was cleaning unit and sliced my finger on the metal band. All 3 crockpot are not rounded off. Went to urgent care and needed wound glue. The unit itself works great but the safety of the unit is poor.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

So, my new microwave broke after about 5 weeks. Called Farberware. Actually, they use a call agency so it is not part of Farberware. These breaking must be common because all they asked me for was proof of purchased and said they would send a new one out - "Just dispose of the old one please". No questions asked. It would take "3-4 weeks". Now, this is a problem, who can go 3-4 weeks without a microwave with kids? Nevertheless, I emailed in my receipt to the "supervisor" on 11.19.2017. I have still never received a response from that email (today is 1.9.18). I have called back 3-4 times and they keep telling me. It is coming and they will email me a tracking number.

I actually called on 12.26.17 and they literally put me on hold for 10 minutes while they allegedly "contact(ed) the warehouse". I was then told they were sitting in the warehouse as we spoke, they were just waiting on FedEx. Now... 2 weeks later, I guess FedEx never came, lol. The customer service is SO bad I have to laugh. I talked to someone today who told me she would have her supervisor call me. I heard that one on 11.22.17 and on 12.26.17. No calls. I told her not to bother. NEVER ever, ever will I purchased anything from this company again. It was junk and broke in 5 weeks and why bother will the runaround "warranty". I had to go out and buy a new microwave in the end anyway. Maybe I will eventually get a replacement and I can sell it to a sucker on Craigs. Wait, I am not that mean.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

Got some new black Farberware spatulas for Christmas. Used them in a non-stick pan, with stove top set on "4". Flipping food, and the spatula melted right into the food I was cooking and it also ruined my brand new non-stick pan. This company's products suck and I have no idea how they are in business. Never in my life have I had a spatula literally melt before my eyes while flipping food. Will never utilize any Farberware product again as all these reviews point to a bad product. Also made in China I presume? Cheap garbage. Sounds like their products need to be pulled from shelves for safety hazards.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Farberware?

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

I have been Farberware Products for years and enjoyed everything I purchased. However, this week I purchased a new two quart saucepan and while peeling off the instructions I decided to read them. When I arrived at a teeny tiny print saying made in China my heart sank. I feel betrayed by you having your wonderful product made outside our own country. I cannot in good faith be able to make any further purchases with Farberware.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

Purchased a costly Farberware can opener, thinking I was getting a quality product. Attempted to use it today while preparing Turkey dinner. Disgusted with it. Won't even open a can. Had to borrow a can opener. This is the second time I've purchased a Farberware product. The first was a set of butcher block knives. Red handles. Color Immediately started peeling off. Not sharp. Very unhappy with this so called quality brand. I will never purchase another product made by this company.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

Saturday, 12/16/2017: I plugged in my Farberware rotating waffle maker which I have come to love... UNTIL THIS MORNING. I have had this waffle maker for a few years & have loved it until the cord attached to the iron crackled & burst into flames on my kitchen counter this morning. I immediately unplugged it & took it outside. Apparently, after so many uses, the cord shorts out from being 'rotated' back & forth & it shorted out & burst into flames. I am thankful that I was standing right there next to it & could unplug it. And yes, I did in fact check the cord before plugging it in as I always do, and there were no signs of fraying or that anything was wrong. I believe this to be a design flaw: Model #104553 UPC-681131045537. To all that have this model, please be aware & be careful using it.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I recently bought a Farberware cheese slicer from Walmart. The wire on the slicer is 1/4" from the bar and is extremely flexible. I don't know if it was intentional or not, but it makes slicing cheese at any uniformity or thinness totally impossible. I would not recommend to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I got the Farberware 1.1 deep fryer for Christmas. The plug is magnetized and hardly ever stays in place. Most of the time it won't even go in correctly. I've only been able to cook 3 times in this. It's a useless piece of stainless steel. I've tried contacting Farberware for help, but get nothing. I'll never buy a product of theirs again or recommend their products. They are the worst.

Original review: July 30, 2017

Bought a Faberware cheese grater. Only after a few uses the cylinder blades inside the appliance seemed to distort causing the cylinder blades to rub the sides of the unit causing micro bits of plastic from the unit itself getting ground up in my cheese. I didn't notice at first but after I spread the cheese over my dish I could notice black bits of plastic all in my food. This is a very pour badly designed unit cheaply made. I will send mine back to the company after I file a complaint with Consumer Affairs. Do not buy a hand held crank grater from them. You're much better to buy a box grater so no moving blades with come in contact with any plastic & it won't end up in your stomach like what happened to me.

Original review: June 21, 2017

I was given a brand new set of pots and pans for Mother's Day 2017 and we just got a new glass top stove 2 weeks before and copper came off the bottom of the pan and messed up the glass top. Thank god my man got input from tech at work and told him what to try. Thank god it worked. I was so mad he got me the pot and pan set because mine were all old and bad to find out my old worn out junk was better than the new. Got a hold of Farberware, all they are doing is giving me new pans that are the same. All I wanted was the money we paid for them and for them to tell me how to fix my stove or fix it. They said, "Sorry you boiled the pan dry or cooked it dry." So I asked, "You're telling me I can't preheat with these pans on my glass top?" They never answered me on that question.

All I know is as for now I'm cooking without preheating and on a lower setting until I can go buy a new set that will not be Farberware or any brand they make. They make also Paula Deen and Rachael Ray. If you own a glass top don't buy these cheap junk. They will fuse to your glass top burners. No warning on the box. Just says in their papers that come with them that says if cooked dry can fuse to your stove top. Is that ok? Right, if you let it there for a longer than normal use. No not. All I did was to heat the pan for like 2 mins. How else do you make a good steak but by preheating the pan and it messed up my glass top. All I know is they are the worst junk I have ever in my life seen and their lifetime warranty is also so garbage. It says with normal wear and use what I was doing was normal to all us people but to them it was not normal to preheat. It was a waste of my time to even try and get them to fix the problem.

Original review: June 18, 2017

I know my grinder is not sold anymore but I called the company and got a runaround. I thought they would want to know how dangerous the blade is since the blade broke, pieces of it in the coffee grinds or spices if that was what I was doing when this happened. It is not big pieces, it was via sound that made me look to see why it "whirred" different. I could have or someone swallowed sharp pieces of metal. I called over five times between two numbers since one said "Not us you need to speak to" and other number same comment. I am surprised at their lack of concern, no one, not even supervisor cared. I explained Cuisinart replaced their blade no matter how old the item (they replaced mine).

I did not want a replacement/discounted one since I went out and bought a different brand since Farberware was inconsiderate of me as a customer, I felt they just wanted money, doesn't matter if someone could get hurt. That was all they would offer or do, discount on new one. What I explained to the Supervisor was my concern. There was no one to speak to or a way to get my situation to the right party/department, that this is a very dangerous matter, someone could ingest broken pieces of the blade. So bottom line, Farberware does not care about a defective product of theirs. And as I read other people's comments on other products, it isn't just my product but many other types of items too. Sad way to run a business and not fair to us consumers who spend money on shoddy products, it is like no one cares anymore, sad...

Original review: June 13, 2017

First time using 4 qt fryer. I heated liquid, I picked the pot up off the burner and WHAM the cheap plastic handle snapped and broke off where it attaches to the screw. Tried several times to submit online complaint. The site will not allow me to submit because I cannot attach a full picture of the pot with handle attached. The HANDLE BROKE OFF sending everything flying, a mess!! I made several unsuccessful attempts calling the 800 #. There is absolutely no way to reach a person. It is all automated.

What happened to Farberware, at one time it was a good company. Guessing now products are made in China. I want people to know what a HAZARD their products are. What if a child was nearby and got burned! Farberware cookware is an accident and possible severe injury damage waiting to happen. Do not let this happen to you! Now I cannot even reach a customer service rep or file my complaint online. Their 800# doesn't even allow you to leave a message. What kind of business is this. NEVER buy Farberware again!

Original review: June 13, 2017

The standards of knives has dropped over the years. When you heard stainless steel, you knew you was getting something great. Now this crap is a joke. Who wants utensils that rust? You guys dropped the ball. Make it right!

Original review: May 5, 2017

Was given the 4pc steak knives for Christmas (2015). The blades are chipping away. 2 of them have rust spots on them. Very disappointed. Have had several different Farberware products in my life time (71 yrs) and this is the first.

Original review: April 16, 2017

I recently bought an electric, handheld can opener from Walmart. Not sure what model number. It takes two AA batteries. I think it cost me $20.00. Right from the gate, the thing was no good. But... I didn't have fresh batteries at first, so I attributed its lousy performance on that. Then I got fresh batteries and it was STILL a piece of junk. It had to go around a can MULTIPLE TIMES just to get it open. At least once, my mother just ended up using our old manual can opener, had spun around the top with seemingly no effect. I started to dread canned food. Tonight I needed another can opened. *sigh* I got the stupid thing out again and let spin around a few times, hoping for the best. The first time I noticed the slivers of metal was when I picked it up to see if JUST MAYBE it had managed to do its job. Felt one jabbing into my finger. Then I looked around on the counter and saw a whole bunch of metal slivers lying on the counter.

I looked at the opener, and sure enough, there were slivers stuck to the magnet and the alleged cutting part of it. Well, now I can't use the food in the can, because A#1) THE CAN REMAINED UNOPENED, and B#2) how am supposed to know whether or not if ever actually got the can open, it would be free of metal slivers? These are about the diameter of a coarse hair! My mother and I very well may have already unwittingly ingested slivers of metal the times we actually got it to work. I will attach pics of the metal slivers below. NOT JUST A PIECE OF CRAP; ALSO A DANGEROUS PRODUCT! I mean, what if a mother used one of those things to open a can of whatever for her child? That's messed up.

Original review: April 4, 2017

I bought a Farberware air fryer a few months ago and hadn't used it for a while because it doesn't cook as it should. So I decided to make the grandkids some french fries and wiped it all down with a towel. When I wiped around the knobs, the numbers, heat temps, timer, all wiped off. It was like they were just written on with a erasable ink. GREAT!! Going online to find the one I have so I can see where the temp numbers go, etc and I guess try a perm. marker or tape.

Original review: March 19, 2017

I purchased the 12 piece knife set, granted it was inexpensive, but dangerous. I was slicing an onion with the largest knife, and when I tried to press down on the "dull side" I sliced my thumb. There should be a warning that BOTH sides of the knife are sharp. Please be careful when using this knife.

Original review: March 18, 2017

I got the White Air Fryer on Black Friday and have only used it 3-4 times. I got it mostly to use when the grandkids want fries or something simple. The drawer is warped on the bottom right corner and won't close anymore. I thought there was a certain way to close it till I looked at the drawer closely. I think the heat is what warped it. I can't return because I don't have the receipt or a box to return it. Waste of $40.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2017

Fryer got so hot - after cooking chicken and unplugging unit we heard a loud bang and found that our Corian countertop had a large crack in it. The countertop was hot to the touch however the fryer was off. This company should pay for repairing my countertop.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2017

I bought the Farberware wok model 303 for my 83-year-old mother over 33 years ago and it is still her go-to appliance once a week when she makes a delicious dinner of stir-fried shrimp, chicken, bok choy, mushrooms, onions, broccoli, pea pods, bean sprouts, and baby corn. This wok has never failed her and we are amazed! I doubt it is still available but just wanted to give a shout out to Farberware. She said she doesn't know what she will ever do if the wok stops working. Let's hope it has a few more years left! Thanks for a very reliable product, Farberware!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

Bought Farberware knife set 4 piece. Handles hold water, rust and gunk cannot be cleaned between handle and blade. Stainless steel does not rust so false advertisement and when I put the knife in the block it drips down and wrapped the block. Only had for 3 months. Very disappointed.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

Farberware manual can opener. I bought the can opener in September 2016 when we were moving into our new home in Georgetown, TX. I chose Farberware for its name recognition and traditional exceptional quality. We have only used this can opener for opening cans to make chili or perhaps an occasional tuna or can of fruit. By early January 2017 the can opener no longer gripped the can of tomatoes - the gears were slipping and therefore the opener could not slice open the can. This has been a big inconvenience and a disappointment. We went back to Walmart and purchased a KitchenAid can opener.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2017

I live in Louisiana. I was one of the many that was affected by the flood in Aug. 2016. When the house was at the stage of "camp living in the house" we purchased a Farberware Double Burner. It was a great purchase. We have cooked many meals on it. For Christmas my son gave me a Farberware Triple Slow Cooker with individual temperature settings. That has made life much easier. I just wanted you to know that I LOVE your products and I let everyone know they should invest in these items for themselves.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

Am writing this to let you know how much I love your air fryer. I am an event specialist and had the chance to demo your products. It is so much better than a deep fryer... no grease smell, easy clean up. I don't have one myself, but looking forward to do a demo event. It works so well on TGIF apps. Spray them with a little oil and they taste just like the restaurant I was doing a demo for, Farm Fresh, and customer thought I was doing a demo for the air fryer. Again just wanted let you know how much I enjoy your products and looking forward to doing a demo I work for.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

I bought a complete set of Farberware pots and pans fifty-two years ago. They have been heavily used almost every day since and still look and cook like new. I give these pans as wedding and housewarming gifts, because I love them myself.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2017

Very disappointed in the 1.1 liter deep fryer! The magnetic cord does not stay connected. I tried the troubleshooting methods that are listed in the instruction manual but to no avail. It took me hours to make simple fries. Most of my pots and pans are from Farberware so when I purchased this deep fryer I thought I was investing in a good product.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

The cookware is one of the better lines of cookware that I have owned and I have had it for about 15 Yrs. In addition I also own some T-fal and Calphalon. The Calphalon is better but the Farberware is a better value. And the T-fal I would say would be better for a starter set. Some of the more used items have worn out from so many years of use. Considering that this is the old style of non-stick I consider this to be pretty surprising. The handles are riveted (not screwed) on and that has made a huge difference in the time that the cookware has held up.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2016

Farberware (Meyer Cookware) tea kettle rusted. Photos and numerous emails have been sent to customer service. They refuse to honor warranty request. Emails sent to Meyer Corporation CEO Stanley K. Cheng requesting he rectify this problem, have all been ignored. Those responsible for customer relations, quality and marketing of products represented by Meyer Corporation, are asked to reply too and honor this request for replacement (BonJour Tea 2 Qt. Stainless Steel Teakettle UPC: 747660530873.

Farberware expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded more than 100 years ago, Farberware is available at major nationwide retailers. A few different lines are available, each designed for cooks starting out on their kitchen adventures.

• Nonstick finishes: Consumers can choose lines of products by Farberware that are coated with a nonstick finish.

• Metal-utensil safe: Many items can safely be used with metal utensils without risk of damaging the finish.

• Even heat distribution: The stainless steel construction in the company's cookware allows for even heat distribution.

• Best for: Beginner cooks and home cooks.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs