1.59/5

Looking for new cookware?

Emeril Cookware

Looking for new cookware?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Emeril Cookware Reviews

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

I purchased the Emeril 11 piece hard anodized cookware Feb 2019 because it stated on the packaging it was metal utensil safe. It wasn't. By Oct 2019 the bottom of the pans are all scratched and scraped. The frying pan has even started to rust in spots. I would never recommend this cookware to anyone.

Original review: June 22, 2019

The cookware was purchased mainly due to the alleged copper component. Sad to report that there really is NO copper, but rather a section that was stained/painted copper color but has disappeared. First I thought it was just tarnished, however, even after copper cleaner the copper has 'disappeared'. Phoney, fake, and unfortunate to have misled customers.

Get expert buying tips about Cookware Brands delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: April 20, 2019

We bought a cast iron pan to try it, thank god I bought only one piece instead of a set. First time use it turn color, it rusted. I do not believe how bad it turns in just the first use. Terrible! It’s garbage.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I have spent a lot of money on Cooper Chef and Gotham steel pans. All nonstick. But, the advertisement is faults. I have tested them in many ways and find it very disappointed. when I seen the Emeril Hard Anodized Nonstick. I had to get it and try it. I was impressed. My wife said that they, the pots and pans clean up with ease. I have bought and tested them. And I am saying, try it you will be amazed. Emeril anodized nonstick is very good.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

The same thing just happened to me that was described in Shawnda from CA's review. I was cooking a grilled cheese over my stovetop. Luckily I had stepped aside to grab my spatula when there was a loud pop, like a small caliber gun. It scared the crap out of me. I saw the metal bolt cap roll along the floor not too far away. I am grateful I wasn't standing right over the pan when it happened, because who knows what kind of injury could have happened. That would have been grounds for a lawsuit. I immediately took a photo and went online to look up this issue and found Shawnda's review.

I have been using these pans regularly for at least 2 years now. I wash, maintain, and use them appropriately. Now I am scared to use them because they are probably ticking time bombs. I can't believe there hasn't been some sort of recall on these yet. I am just waiting to hear about someone losing their eye from it! Not cool, Emeril. And I live right next to/work in Fall River, MA where he is from, and very much glorified. I guess I'll have to warn anyone I know NOT to buy his cookware. So disappointing, as I know these weren't cheap.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Emeril Cookware?

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

First off I second everything that's been said. For those who complain that the pans were so cheap we should have known, I'm sorry most of us aren't rich enough to afford higher priced cooking pans. That is extremely expensive for us and no matter if Emeril lends his name to a product he was irresponsible when he did not check it out first and Martha Stewart shame on you for selling junk at such a high price. And buying them from China? That's beneath you Martha. Someone with your reputation should have been careful. To bilk thousands of people out of money like that is beyond shameful. But someone who inside trades is a criminal so I guess you shouldn't be trusted.

You are a common thief who should go back to jail for stealing hard earned money from people by selling them pans that aren't worth a penny. I expected better. How rich do you need to be? This is my second product from you that is crap. I'm outraged. I will never buy another product your name is on or you endorse until you clean up your act. I'm done with Lagasse. No excuse. I work hard for my money at 60 years old and my family is in bad health. This was expensive for me. More than I would pay for pans normally. I had to scrimp and save for these. Now I'll go back to cheaper Teflon or ceramic.

They won't last but I won't be frustrated using them. The sticking and turning is bad and probably poison to my family! I've oiled on low heat. Didn't do any good. DON'T buy these pans. They are junk. EVERYONE TAKE These BACK TO MACY'S!!! Get your money back and let them have the junk!!! Maybe if Martha eats enough of these they'll get the message! I'm taking mine back. Noo receipt necessary at Macy's! They are desperate for customers.

Original review: June 23, 2018

Emeril’s cookware is NOT ok! I have an older set of Rachael Rays I prefer better. Anyhow! My daughter (17) was cooking with the Emeril small pan warming up some food and just out of nowhere we heard this so very loud pop, she grabbed the pan and threw it off the stove out of panic and burnt the hell out of our counter but besides that when we finally figured out a little cap that seals the bolt inside the pan popped off. (Found it in the food)??? It was so loud! In all the commotion my husband with PTSD freaks out with anger yelling, I’m making sure my kid is ok and she’s crying. I hope Emeril actually reads these, stops this from happening to someone else or seriously hurting a person. So dissatisfied with his cookware.

Original review: April 25, 2018

I purchased the original Emeril cookware in 2006 for myself as a housewarming gift. I'm still using them today, 12 years later. I've had too issues with hot spots, warping, discoloration, etc. While searching online for an additional small skillet, I came across these reviews and I must say that I'm surprised that there are so many bad ones. BUT someone here above brought up a good point about the cookware being since altered from the original. That makes sense now. When looking for replacements, I will now look for those with the All-Clad name!

Original review: April 5, 2018

Got the Emeril Lagasse 15 pc pan and skillet set for Christmas and was so excited! I believed it was going to be the best set out there! I was very wrong. Every pan and skillet does not have the non-stick that is advertised on the box. Every piece had my food sticking. You cannot even cook an egg in them. They are the worst set of pans I have ever owned. Very disappointed in these. When I went on their website to see about getting a replacement set or refund Found out you can only do that within 30 days. I just now got them out and replaced my old set.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I had the exact same thing happen to me as "Audrey of Gaithersburg, MD". I was cooking with my Emeril nonstick frying pan, and heard a loud pop which made my ears ring. I was hit in the hand by something, but was too stunned by the bang to notice what flew at me. It wasn't until I was washing the pan did I notice the missing cap. This pan is a huge liability and health hazard. What if that had hit my eye or my dog? These pans should be recalled.

Emeril Cookware Company Information