1.58/5
  • 1 star
Based on 97 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for new cookware?

Emeril Cookware

Select stars to rate your experience
    Very dissatisfied with the experience
    Dissatisfied with the experience
    Satisfied with the experience
    Happy with the experience
    Would recommend to a friend
    Last updated: Nov. 9, 2017

210 Emeril Cookware Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: March 27, 2015

My Emeril set was a gift and I was so psyched! But, much like the other "monkeys" who don't seem to know how to cook (reference to earlier post from another consumer), I'm not thrilled with these pans either. At first I was discouraged because the bottoms of the pots turned black on the insides. I tried all kinds of ways of removing the stains, from natural to commercial products and methods. When I was unable to remove any of the stains, I figured, as long as the stains weren't affecting the flavor, etc., of my food, it would be okay.

Everything was okay (if you count standing over your food to be sure that nothing sticks as "okay"), until the bottom became warped. I assumed that someone dropped the pot and dented it. Then, when the copper separated from the bottom, I got pissed. I know, monkeys shouldn't curse, but this cookware was something I had wanted for a long time, and something someone invested more than a few bananas in to give to me. I'm bummed, as the original store no longer carries this cookware (and yet, Martha Stewart's stuff remains on the shelves). Sigh.

Original review: March 5, 2015

I was torn between two different brands of cookware and chose the Emeril brand because I figured he would only have the best bakeware. I was so wrong. I could have bought the cheap bakeware sold in the grocery store! I spent much more money on this cookware thinking it would last longer. It turned brown after the first use. After that it started to peel. Today I am mad as I had to throw it out! Hard to believe he would put his name on this junk.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2015

I purchased Emeril's pots and pans and had bought them at a reputable department store, Macy's so I thought I was getting excellent pots and pans. I the pots and pans two years ago and when I got them home my wife noticed they were made in China. That was mistake #1 but I thought I would give them a chance. Every time I use them I find the metal is too thin, they are difficult to clean, everything sticks to them, and they turn a brownish silverish color. I am so dissatisfied. They were not inexpensive either. I'm surprised that Emeril LaGasse endorses this product.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2015

These are horrible. First use and the outer rims turned goldish brown without anything touching the sides. Everything was in the middle. Also, no matter what, everything sticks. You can try butter, palm, olive oil, any oil, etc. It will still stick. Extremely mad that I paid that much money for cheap ass pans. Garbage to me and will buy better quality. I am more mad at myself for not doing research on this set. Apparently a lot of people have written bad reviews.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2015

As a Christmas gift from my daughter, I am extremely disappointed in this highly advertised stainless steel cookware. I have yet to cook without everything sticking. Tried olive oil, canola oil and crisco. When trying to clean, it's terrible and leaves a unclean effect when dried.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Emeril Cookware?

Original review: Nov. 24, 2014

All these complaints seemed to be stemming from newer cookware. I have the original Emeril ware, and it works great if you know how to cook properly. The glass lids are tempered otherwise you would have shards of glass instead of little crumbles, a monkey knows this. Just you all know Emeril has nothing to do with these products other than his name which was purchased by your very own Martha Stewart, so you all should sending her your **, since she is likely the one who is setting the standards of how they are manufactured currently. Since you can buy an entire set for under two hundred dollars this should tell you something. I paid nearly three times that much fifteen years ago when they first came out, and Chef Emeril was calling the shots. I love my original Emerilware. The only thing I will say is that wife does not like the weight, but I have no problem with it. All clad is also very heavy, and since that is who was making it at the time it would stand to reason. The stuff is now made in China. Thanks Martha, still love you though.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2014

So dissatisfied/disappointed with these pots and pans. The nice outer finish they came with has now turned into a dull, milky gray color and continues to bleed this gray color with every hand wash. If that's not bad enough, when you pick up the lids, you might get a burned!?!? Weren't these tested before they went on the market. I will definitely do my homework the next time I buy cookware.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2014

Would not suggest you buy this cookware. Covers will not stay in place causing liquids to boil all over the stove. Very disappointed.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2014

The metal is separating from the lid knobs and letting in soapy water to leak while cooking and drains into the food. The bottom of the hot plate is rusted and coming apart while the inside seems to want to rust. I am a very clean person and like to take care of the pots and pans I cook from. This is a total disappointment to me. I bought these thinking what a good gift to me, and never have to buy more. I am afraid to use them so had to go and get Walmart crap to use. Over $100.00 is a lot on a fixed income and soon won't have the luxury of cooking for myself. Age does that. You cannot stand up for this product in good faith.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2014

I bought the stainless steel Emeril pots and pans, hoping they would be as amazing as the last set I bought that were not stainless steel. The first time we tried them, our food burned. The pans don't heat up all the way through so some of our food is burned and some is raw. In addition, when cooking pasta, the pasta sticks to the sides of the pan. We now have burn stains that will not come out and we quit using them altogether. Very disappointed.

Original review: July 14, 2014

We purchased the twelve piece Pro Clad cookware set. The pans scald and burn on the sides to the point of blackness no matter what heat setting is used. Scrubbing for long periods will remove the scalding, but must be done each time we use them. The complimentary "Emeril" signature chef's knife broke in half the second time used. I have never been more disappointed in anything...ever!

Original review: June 14, 2014

I have been using my Emeril cookware for about one year. I don't like it because it sticks, but here is the worst part. I was cooking in a saucepan on my stovetop, and I had my back to the oven. Then I heard loud noises and hot water, cookware and my food was flying all over my kitchen. My foot was burned. The bottom of the saucepan came loose from the saucepan and splattered all over my stove and kitchen floor. It took me all kinds of cleaning products to clean the black smut from my ceramic floor. I am sure if I had laminate floor it would have been ruined. I am lucky my face was not towards the stove. Then the frying pan did the same thing to my boyfriend. I have put the cookware out of use, but am saving it because I intend to send it back with my experience to the manufacturer.

Original review: May 16, 2014

I have used this set for over 10 years, and although basic cooking, boiling is satisfactory, frying is simply ridiculous. Everything sticks. I thought that in time this problem would diminish, but I was wrong. Frying eggs in any fashion other that scrambled is a disaster. Bacon? Clings to the pan until you cooked so much that it becomes a deep fryer. If I didn't pay so much for this set, I would give it away and go back to cast iron. The only advantages over cast iron this cookware has is that you can put it in the dishwasher, and the handles stay cool. I have followed the recommended cooking instructions from this company to no avail. I would not recommend this cookware to anyone that fries some of their foods.

Original review: April 22, 2014

I recently purchased a saucepan with the above description on the bottom. The first time I used it, it became pitted and discolored. I am disgusted with this product and want my money back. It's a nice looking pan with pouring lips on both sides, nice and shiny in the store, but terrible looking after first use. Extremely poor quality. A big surprise.

Original review: April 16, 2014

Do not waste your money on this cookware. I'm an experienced cook and know what I'm doing. EVERYTHING sticks, no matter what you cook or what type of oil you use. I've tried good olive oil, butter, canola oil, Pam, a combination, etc. I've had it less than a year and it is already starting to pit and looks terrible. I'm giving it to Goodwill and will NEVER buy anything with his name on it again.

Original review: March 26, 2014

I bought the whole set just about a year and a half ago. I was so excited to get it however it is already starting to pit and looking horrible in the bottom of every pan including skillets. I live on SS and cannot afford to buy another set. Very upset with this set. Would not recommend it to my friends.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2014

I have had this cookware for 8+ yrs. No problems & I love it! Going to buy a few more pots soon!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2014

QVC was selling a set of All Clad hard anodized cookware by Emeril. All Clad is a company in Pennsylvania and manufactures their cookware in the USA, or, so I thought. After reading all the negative reviews on Emeril's cookware, I decided to call QVC to see where this cookware was made. All the operator could tell me was it was imported. God knows from where. I assumed it was from China. I feel this is deceptive letting people think that because All Clad has been producing their line in the the USA for many years, that this product was also made here. Shame on you Emeril for being a part of this and tarnishing your reputation.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2014

OK, I am somewhat skeptical of all cookware with a famous person promoting it. Had a horrid experience with Paula Deen Cookware! So, I went to a Bed Bath and Beyond and found some Emeril Cookware that I liked. Only problem, I could not find anywhere on the boxes that this cookware worked with a Ceramic Cooktop. The saleswoman even tried to look it up on the store computer. No luck. I came home and sent off an email requesting some information on whether or not this was recommended for my stove. That was last Tuesday. No response as yet. Either they don't know or they don't care about customer service. I am disappointed but also glad that I did not purchase this product without looking into it.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2014

I purchased the 10-piece Emeril Lagasse by All-Clad stainless steel cookware set at Bed Bath and Beyond yesterday. I was excited that it came with a cast iron grill pan and also with a nonstick baking sheet. I had gotten rid of a lower end nonstick set that lasted only a couple of years, and was excited to get a nicer set of stainless that would hopefully last forever like my grandmother's set has. The set does not nest for easy storage. I wasn't bothered by this as I took everything out of my cabinets, deep cleaned and reorganized them to fit the new set - it needed to be done anyway, and I'd eventually get a pot rack to display my pretty pots and pans so it wasn't such a cabinet hog. Then I cooked dinner - simple night, really - I'd taken all my cooking time reorganizing my kitchen! I boiled water in the 6 quart pot and cooked pasta in it. I warmed sauce in the small sauce pot.

Later when I cleaned them, I followed the manufacturer's instructions and cleaned them in hot soapy water with the utensil the BBB manager had recommended. They were stained with spots that would NOT come out! I'm so disappointed! Now I have to take the set, the cast iron ware and the nonstick pan back! I also don't trust the store manager at BB&B because they made it sound like these were the best pots ever. I rarely shop there and I had hoped to go there and spend the extra money one spends when shopping at that store to get quality that would LAST. Instead, I have wasted a day and a half of my life, have no pots and pans, and have a trip to the store to return this with a toddler in tow.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2014

I bought a complete set of Emeril cookware. Sticking pans and handle fell off. It stated lifetime warranty but I can not find an address to return them. I got it from HSN. They could not give me the answer. Need Help please. I paid too much.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2013

Three or four years ago, I bought an Emeril three-quart sauce pan. I didn't use it very much because the thing is so heavy. Last week the bottom part fell off. How do I get in touch with the company to either get a refund or a new pot?

Original review: Nov. 22, 2013

Emeril stainless steel no stick cookware - This cookware is suppose to be nonstick and it's not. Got it when it went clearance and was very excited about getting to use them, and the first time that I did, everything just would stick no matter what I did. Very disappointed. Wish that I could return them.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2013

My parents bought me Emeril cookware for Christmas. The pans are very unstable and can be very dangerous. I was boiling water and I went to turn it off. I taped the handle of the pan and it tipped right over and gave me third degree burns on my hand and leg. The week before this same thing happened to my mom but there was only cooked mac and cheese in the pan but it went all over the floor. Ironically after talking with the visiting nurse who is cleaning my bandages she said she had just been taking care of two other women that had burns from cooking. She said out of curiosity what type of pan were you using because these two women had been using Emeril pans and said that they were unstable and that was why they were burned! I immediately got the chills and replied to her you will not believe this but that is what I have too. I always felt as though they were unstable but not totally sure. So needless to say if you have this cookware be very careful or get rid of it.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2013

I bought this in May. I used it once and then after that when I used it, the heat would stop on the left side of the grill. I sent it into the Appliance Sales and Service. They tested it and said it was working fine. I explained that it will start out ok but then stop cooking (no heat). They sent it back with a fix of a new cord. I plugged it in and the light didn't come on, on the left side and no heat ever even started. So I had emailed them and explained it was not working and they have been nice about it. The guy said to ask T-Fal for a paid return receipt to ship it again and I did and they sent it to me. Now they are calling me and telling me that it works just fine and trying to tell me that the light turns off when it reaches the temp it needs to be. I know that! I told them it did not even heat up.

I spent a lot of money for this grill and I do love the idea of it. But now I can't send it back to the network and it is past the time limit. And quite obviously they are not going to replace it since they say it works fine. I am very upset with Emeril's company and very disappointed with the way Stacey spoke with me today insisting there was no problem as she was told. I am afraid I will get it back again and it will do the same thing and if I want to spend $15.00 to ship it back and forth they will continue to say it is fine. For almost $200.00 I think there should be better help here and a toll free number that works without a code since I don't have long distance. The warranty is good for a year so I have till next June to be unhappy. So much for Lagasse and his cookware.

Original review: July 18, 2013

1qt saucepan - Bottom layer separated and fell off after cooking, luckily missing my feet. Own 2 other pots & wary of using them because of hazardous consequences.

Original review: June 26, 2013

People need to get off Emeril's case. Some people need to learn how to cook, also. This cookware was designed for people who actually KNOW how to cook, not for the everyday "turn up the burner to high and forget it" types. This cookware is safe to put in the oven up to 550 degrees, so what does that tell you about people who are MELTING the cookware? Also, gas flames can get up to 3000 degrees F. Not to say the cookware will, but jeez, read up on the melting points of copper and aluminum, folks. If you are melting the pans, you are doing something way wrong.

As to the sticking issue, yes, if you don't put oil in the pan properly (olive oil is very good for you AND smokes at a higher temp than other oils), these are not the toxic Teflon coated pans ....which also stick you know. The rule is heat pan, add oil, let oil get hot and THEN add food. I made the mistake of heating oil up high enough to deep fry in the smaller frying pan and the sides got totally black (the pan did NOT melt or get even close to it). Guess what? It cleaned up shiny and like new with little effort.

Once I learned that these are not Teflon pans, and need some oil added properly for most everything fried, no problem. If I want to deep fry, I'll use a proper deep fryer (or one of my old pans). These are great. Every meal has been gourmet quality and things just seem to cook so much better if you are doing things right. Moreover, Emeril does not read this site. He is not connected with this site, and asking him to resolve your problems or make refunds is ridiculous. Not to mention, he is free from personal liability anyway. Sure, he's a celebrity. Sure he may be kind of arrogant like most celebrities (I don't know the man so can't say), but he obviously CARES about the food he prepares and would certainly care about the cookware he uses to prepare his food.

This stainless steel cookware, in my mind, is well worth the money if you know what you are doing. Moreover, ALL glass is "tempered". It has to be. Otherwise it would crack and break in the cooling off period. IF you are breaking glass lids, for goodness sakes, it's glass. Treat it with care. Use some common sense. It appears to me that most folks lodging complaints here are either clueless, or looking to win the civil suit lottery. Grow up.

Original review: June 25, 2013

Cookware overheated - Copper melted and dripped on the stove and floor, which destroyed the floor totally and damaged the stove top. Do I have a recourse with the company for damages?

Original review: June 13, 2013

The knob broke on the stainless case called T-Fal and they recommended me to the service provider. I paid for the part and then I was told that it was not in stock - discontinued. What type of company is this? You pay $199 for a nice fryer and they do not have parts; that is ridiculous. I would never recommend T-Fal or Emeril products to anyone because of this experience. Then T-Fal said they would send me a voucher for 15 dollars. I don't want the $15.00 and, to me, that was an insult... very bad customer relations.

Original review: April 24, 2013

The knob on it broke. I don't know how or why, but it was very sad. My boyfriend, Chef Leslie **, and I used it a few times. We're very upset with the product. I called a few places. Kohl's wrote to us and emailed us to come to their store on the 21st of April, and they will give us a new one to replace it. No questions asked, they said. So we showed up and 5 minutes later, they said they don't sell that product in their store any more. So then we had to take a credit merchandise of $63 and change. We walked out of the store mad because I paid $150.00. I thought by spending money on Emeril fryer, it was a good deal.

I was sad and still am. I miss it. If there is any way you can help us, please do. It would mean so much to us. I have the credit slip and the card they gave me back for that fryer. So sad. If Emeril could please help, I would really love another one. I'll even send you the credit merchandise card, showing you what they gave me back. I did love the product. I never wanted money back. I just wanted the deep fryer back. I love to cook too. You are great guys. Please help.

Emeril Cookware Company Information

emerilstore.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use