4.0/5 (37 ratings)

About Emeril Cookware

Emeril Cookware Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Emeril Cookware?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Emeril Cookware?

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

I have had this for years and it still looks great and has been wonderful to cook with. I have used Calphalon, Kitchen Aid and Rachael Ray. My Rachael Ray cookware has peeled on the bottom. I have Not had this issue with Emerils. Would definitely recommend buying it. You won’t be disappointed.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

I’ve had my cookware for over 10 years. The only thing negative is I didn’t get it with a nonstick coating so the skillets don’t look very good now. Hard to clean. Otherwise it has held up fairly well.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

I’ve had my pots and pans from Emeril for over 10 years. If they stick to warm you can just let it soak for a couple of minutes and it seems like it just peels right off, when I got mine I think I had it for about three months and I had a problem with the handle on one of the Lids. I called the company and they sent me another one at no cost. Great value. I will continue using and will look At pots and pans.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

I purchased an Emeril Cookware set about 15 years ago and recently the 3 quart pan and the 10" skillet began to separate at the bottom. At the time of purchase the pans were made by All-Clad but now they are made by T-Fal. I contacted T-Fal's customer service department and eventually sent the pans to them for warranty replacement, they covered all shipping costs. Today I received two new pans, while being somewhat different in appearance and lighter weight than the originals, I can at least use them now. If nothing else they stand behind their lifetime warranty.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

The handles on the pot lids should have a heat safe coating!! Like a silicone. Have burned my fingers several times because I didn’t have a hot pad handy. Has this been addressed? Need a refund and new fingers.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

I bought the original copper clad stainless steel set made by All-Clad. From what I understand, the more recent items are not made by All-Clad anymore. I also have a non-stick set from about 10 years ago and have had none of the problems listed. However, even though it says you can use metal utensils, I never have and have had no problems with the non-stick functionality. I regret that I have washed them in the dishwasher and the bottom of a couple of the pans is washing away and I can see exposed aluminum. I have the deep fryer and it works wonderfully.

The electric pressure cooker works well but I need a replacement pot/insert because the coating on the inside is coming off and that can't be healthy and the food is starting to stick. I have looked at the newer pots and they are definitely not the quality it was in the beginning. The weight and construction just isn't there anymore. I hate that he has sold out and folks have been duped into a product that just isn't the same anymore. I'm sure his contract with All-Clad was too expensive for Martha. It's a shame.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

I have owned and used the Emeril copper bottom cookware set for several years now and just this week the 3 quart sauce pan starting exploding the contents all over my kitchen. First instance, I was boiling water and there was a loud pop and then the boiling water volcano-exploded all over my stove and surrounding area. Fortunately, no one was close enough to get scalded. Second time, I has olive oil and onions in the pan, stepped away to retrieve the garlic to add, and then - a loud pop, the the contents exploded all over the stove and the floor. My husband was just out of reach so no one was hurt. WHAT IS GOING ON? What causes this? I want a full refund on the set because I cannot trust any of the pots or pans to be safe at this point.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

I purchased the Emeril 11 piece hard anodized cookware Feb 2019 because it stated on the packaging it was metal utensil safe. It wasn't. By Oct 2019 the bottom of the pans are all scratched and scraped. The frying pan has even started to rust in spots. I would never recommend this cookware to anyone.

Original review: June 22, 2019

The cookware was purchased mainly due to the alleged copper component. Sad to report that there really is NO copper, but rather a section that was stained/painted copper color but has disappeared. First I thought it was just tarnished, however, even after copper cleaner the copper has 'disappeared'. Phoney, fake, and unfortunate to have misled customers.

Original review: April 20, 2019

We bought a cast iron pan to try it, thank god I bought only one piece instead of a set. First time use it turn color, it rusted. I do not believe how bad it turns in just the first use. Terrible! It’s garbage.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I have spent a lot of money on Cooper Chef and Gotham steel pans. All nonstick. But, the advertisement is faults. I have tested them in many ways and find it very disappointed. when I seen the Emeril Hard Anodized Nonstick. I had to get it and try it. I was impressed. My wife said that they, the pots and pans clean up with ease. I have bought and tested them. And I am saying, try it you will be amazed. Emeril anodized nonstick is very good.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

The same thing just happened to me that was described in Shawnda from CA's review. I was cooking a grilled cheese over my stovetop. Luckily I had stepped aside to grab my spatula when there was a loud pop, like a small caliber gun. It scared the crap out of me. I saw the metal bolt cap roll along the floor not too far away. I am grateful I wasn't standing right over the pan when it happened, because who knows what kind of injury could have happened. That would have been grounds for a lawsuit. I immediately took a photo and went online to look up this issue and found Shawnda's review.

I have been using these pans regularly for at least 2 years now. I wash, maintain, and use them appropriately. Now I am scared to use them because they are probably ticking time bombs. I can't believe there hasn't been some sort of recall on these yet. I am just waiting to hear about someone losing their eye from it! Not cool, Emeril. And I live right next to/work in Fall River, MA where he is from, and very much glorified. I guess I'll have to warn anyone I know NOT to buy his cookware. So disappointing, as I know these weren't cheap.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

First off I second everything that's been said. For those who complain that the pans were so cheap we should have known, I'm sorry most of us aren't rich enough to afford higher priced cooking pans. That is extremely expensive for us and no matter if Emeril lends his name to a product he was irresponsible when he did not check it out first and Martha Stewart shame on you for selling junk at such a high price. And buying them from China? That's beneath you Martha. Someone with your reputation should have been careful. To bilk thousands of people out of money like that is beyond shameful. But someone who inside trades is a criminal so I guess you shouldn't be trusted.

You are a common thief who should go back to jail for stealing hard earned money from people by selling them pans that aren't worth a penny. I expected better. How rich do you need to be? This is my second product from you that is crap. I'm outraged. I will never buy another product your name is on or you endorse until you clean up your act. I'm done with Lagasse. No excuse. I work hard for my money at 60 years old and my family is in bad health. This was expensive for me. More than I would pay for pans normally. I had to scrimp and save for these. Now I'll go back to cheaper Teflon or ceramic.

They won't last but I won't be frustrated using them. The sticking and turning is bad and probably poison to my family! I've oiled on low heat. Didn't do any good. DON'T buy these pans. They are junk. EVERYONE TAKE These BACK TO MACY'S!!! Get your money back and let them have the junk!!! Maybe if Martha eats enough of these they'll get the message! I'm taking mine back. Noo receipt necessary at Macy's! They are desperate for customers.

Original review: June 23, 2018

Emeril’s cookware is NOT ok! I have an older set of Rachael Rays I prefer better. Anyhow! My daughter (17) was cooking with the Emeril small pan warming up some food and just out of nowhere we heard this so very loud pop, she grabbed the pan and threw it off the stove out of panic and burnt the hell out of our counter but besides that when we finally figured out a little cap that seals the bolt inside the pan popped off. (Found it in the food)??? It was so loud! In all the commotion my husband with PTSD freaks out with anger yelling, I’m making sure my kid is ok and she’s crying. I hope Emeril actually reads these, stops this from happening to someone else or seriously hurting a person. So dissatisfied with his cookware.

Original review: April 25, 2018

I purchased the original Emeril cookware in 2006 for myself as a housewarming gift. I'm still using them today, 12 years later. I've had too issues with hot spots, warping, discoloration, etc. While searching online for an additional small skillet, I came across these reviews and I must say that I'm surprised that there are so many bad ones. BUT someone here above brought up a good point about the cookware being since altered from the original. That makes sense now. When looking for replacements, I will now look for those with the All-Clad name!

Original review: April 5, 2018

Got the Emeril Lagasse 15 pc pan and skillet set for Christmas and was so excited! I believed it was going to be the best set out there! I was very wrong. Every pan and skillet does not have the non-stick that is advertised on the box. Every piece had my food sticking. You cannot even cook an egg in them. They are the worst set of pans I have ever owned. Very disappointed in these. When I went on their website to see about getting a replacement set or refund Found out you can only do that within 30 days. I just now got them out and replaced my old set.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I had the exact same thing happen to me as "Audrey of Gaithersburg, MD". I was cooking with my Emeril nonstick frying pan, and heard a loud pop which made my ears ring. I was hit in the hand by something, but was too stunned by the bang to notice what flew at me. It wasn't until I was washing the pan did I notice the missing cap. This pan is a huge liability and health hazard. What if that had hit my eye or my dog? These pans should be recalled.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Stainless steel 10 piece cookware - I purchased three sets. One for me and the other two were Christmas presents for my daughters. The frying pans are the worst. The inside of the pans on the sides gets burnt. Very hard to clean. We all have the same complaints. A $200.00 set made in "CHINA". I too thought "Emeril" must be good cookware. I was very wrong. Purchased from the TV. Don't remember what site and I don't have my receipt.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Recently purchased the Emeril Stainless Steel Cutlery Block Set, 18 Piece set. EMERIL, how could you endorse such a horrible product! The knives were so flimsy I could bend them with the edge of my little finger! I am so disappointed, I felt if the knives had Emeril's endorsement they would be a good quality. I honestly can get a better knife at the Family Dollar Store! I think the set of Farberware from Walmart is a much better product, they are sturdy and sharp. I want to let everyone know, DO NOT purchase these knives, they are not worth the cost. I have to laugh that they used to be $249. There is no way! These are the worst knives I have ever purchased. I have never been disappointed enough to write a review on any product until now. Stay away from this product!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I agree with everyone else that Emerilware All-Clad is an incredibly poor product made in China. Like others I associated his name with a quality product, but there isn't anything that can be cooked in the fry pans that doesn't stick so badly I had to scrape the food out with a putty knife and sandpaper. I've used the pots successfully for the past 8 years, but my 3-qt. 2-handled pot has started leaking profusely from the copper seam. It's not been dropped, dented or damaged. The entire copper layer is separating from the stainless. I've also had the problem of the covers sputtering out boiling water if not left at a tilt – very dangerous. I'm waiting to hear from the warranty company after leaving a voice message. I will call twice daily if I have to. This 10-pc set was very expensive. Moral: Name and cost do not equal quality. Very disappointed.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

Bought the set as a 50th Birthday present to myself. First time I used it, fell in love with the set. I had Farberware for most of my adult life and it kept falling apart, bases separated and handles fell off. Replaced it with the Emeril Cookware 9 years ago and wondered what took me so long. I have been a home cook for a long time, but I have also worked in commercial kitchens for over 25 years. The first use of the 6 qt. stockpot, by my significant other, resulted in a burnt pot. I know to season the base of the pot's interior and it works as promised. Never use a pot on FULL high heat, that is cause for disaster no matter what type/brand vessel is being used. I don't think I will ever need to buy any other pots and pans. My sister is on her 3rd set of Tefal in the same time frame.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

My wife and I got the Original Non stick Emeril Ware All Clad pans when we were married in October of 2000. Still have them, and although the coating is not what it used to be, the pans are still as rock solid as they were when we purchased them. No signs of rust or any loosening of rivets on either pans or handles. I work in healthcare, but hobby as a chef quality home cook, and I will use these pans until I die, and will probably leave them to my kids. Best money that we could have spent on cookware. They will last a lifetime and beyond!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

I have an Emeril nonstick frying pan. I was frying some steak two nights ago when all the sudden I heard a loud "POP" come cracking from the stove area while I was cooking. I couldn't figure out where it came from, but it was loud enough to affect the hearing in my right ear. I looked all around my stove - the lights and exhaust fan over the stove, but I couldn't figure out where the pop came from. Then I found a small, round metal piece lying on my stove. I couldn't figure out what it went to until I went to wash this pan (picture below). A piece of the pan actually popped off while cooking. I am extremely lucky it didn't pop into my face or go over the stove and hit one of my kids. Unbelievable.

Original review: May 16, 2017

I bought the Stainless Steel pot and pan set about 10 years ago, it's been great and have bought additional pieces. Recently, when I was making poached eggs, I heard an odd noise. I thought it might be some water caught underneath the pan (We have an electric stove) and everything looked fine. When I was cleaning the pan, I noticed two things on the bottom of the pan, one a good sized bubble, and a few inches away a perfectly round small dent. Looking over the pan, you can see where the copper is pulling away from the bottom of the pan. I tested it and everything thing seems fine, but wasn't comfortable using it. I also bought this set for my sister last year and one I bought for my daughter when she gets married. Having second thoughts about giving it to her.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

Received an Emeril Enamel Dutch Oven as a gift a few years ago. Was cooking with it recently and when cleaning up noticed that the finish on the inside bottom is starting to peel off as well as some of the outside finish. Afraid to use it for fear that more of the bottom will get into whatever I am cooking - never used any metal utensils only wood or non-metal.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2016

I bought the Emeril pots and pans a couple years ago. They were pricy. They are supposed to be for all cooktops, electric, induction and gas, have the copper stripe around the bottoms on the layers of metal. I can't believe there are people giving these a good rating on some sites! There is not 1 thing you can cook with these frying pans that won't STICK! We have tried low to medium heating, every type of oil and lard, cooking spray. No matter the temperature, everything sticks immediately!! You are using twice the oil to cook with, they are extremely hard to clean also. I would NEVER RECOMMEND to anyone this junk!!!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2016

I have the original set and love it. It was originally made in collaboration with All-Clad. No cleaning issues. No sticking issues. No bump in the bottom. Nice heavy quality. Looks like the day I bought it. Very happy with my purchase.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2016

Cookware is chipping and pans have a coating of grease on them on the outside of pan that WILL NOT come off. So disappointed when I called company 7 years ago to get replaced. I was told I was out of luck that it was my fault cookware chipped. Bought from either QVC or HSN for $200.00. I've never tried the cast iron grill pan that came with it. Also, square pan warped. Will never purchase again.

Original review: May 27, 2016

Heating up sauce (hoboken eddie's) and lobster ravioli. Burned dinner and set off smoke alarm. Followed directions: boiled water, added distilled vinegar and baking soda and voila it was supposed to be shining clean. Not so!

Original review: April 9, 2016

My mom purchase me these pans for Christmas. So dissatisfied. Everything sticks inside of every pan is wearing off. Called customer service, they said they would check the pans out. Well you can tell that they're bad. After just 3 years I've got pans from 34 years ago that look brand new. Where is this stuff made today China? Because nothing last. Well they sent me a shipping label to send them back, hopefully they will do something about this. Waiting to find out. But I don't want the same pans. Not a good product. She bought them on HSN. Not cheap.

Emeril Cookware Company Information