1.08/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

707 Electrolux Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I am not happy at all with our purchase! Was told by technician who came out to check them that I needed to shut my cold water down so we could get warm water wash? Never heard of such a thing! So we put coats in and it shuffles them until the washer is out of balance! The dryer is another problem? We put 3 bath towels and hand and washcloths in and the kitchen towels? When you go to take them out part of them still wet! All we wanted was to have a washer and dryer we could turn on and do laundry! This pair is nothing but computerized junk to us!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Warning! DO NOT ORDER ELECTROLUX APPLIANCES! We have been through PURE HELL with our microwave, which worked approx 3 months! I purchased an extended warranty and when the repairman came out, he refused to fix it! Then he said we'd get a replacement. So we're without a working appliance for God knows how long! Not only that, but they want to charge US for delivering it! Do not ever order ANY appliances from this bogus company!

Get expert buying tips about Freezers delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

We purchased the washer and dryer in 2017. Was supposed to be this great pair. Well, it's February 2, 2019 and the dryer just died. Can't get repair over for 4 days and who knows how long to get parts. I've had approximately 4 other brands of washers over the years and have never had one do this. All of my washers and dryers lasted well over 10 years. NOT THIS ONE. Luckily, we are building a new home and won't take this or buy another. BEWARE!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I bought all fridge built in with no water line connection, we notice our side cabinet and under fridge has big water damage after checking, we notice the water is from fridge, we call them. They told me to call their service company. Cost us $100. They wrote report to them and told them it is problem with fridge and the leak was from months before that why the rusting started. Unfortunately they say my fridge is one month past the warranty even their service company wrote letter and told them this problem start from months before almost from start. They are not answering my phone call. I'm keep leaving massage but they not calling me back and angry and disappointed.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I want everyone to know that these folks do not stand by their product even when you have paid extended warranty since 2011. They are telling me I have to live with ice buildup in the top front of the freezer and across the top and left side of the door. WHY. They have set me up with 2 service companies (GURU from Bonifay, FL). Tried 2 weeks and they were a no show. The last one was JC Appliance Dothan, AL Called twice and text them twice and they confirmed the appt Electrolux was suppose to have made nor did they answer the call when they tried to call them themselves.

So they set me up with AL POWER in between those two starting first part of December, came back end of December and 2 weeks later came back and I still I have. Company says, "There is nothing we can do. It is due to heat and humidity". BUT I have had this freezer since 2011 and have had 8 years of all SEASON and it just started building up last year. AND if that is it why is only in those spots and not the entire freezer. I have contacted BBB and they have contacted the company but all Electrolux had to do was let them know they contacted me NOT helping to fix the issue.

I have been dealing with this since Nov 11, 2018. I pay them to have good service companies that know what they are doing and show up. Why do I have to accept an unacceptable results. They can't prove its humidity and I can't prove it isn't EXCEPT LAST YEAR WAS NOT THE FIRST YEAR WE HAVE HAD HUMIDITY. We are in the south, we always have humidity. I pray the good Lord with help me find someone that can point me into the direction where I can get help. BBB suggested contacting Atty General which I did (hope I did it right) but with the recent shutdown doubt I will hear anything. I will NEVER buy another product from them. They just don't care. I wished I could convey to everyone just how little they do care.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Electrolux?

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Built new home in 2014, and bought what we thought was a quality cooktop. June 2017, cooktop powered itself up to full power, until overheating, and shutting down. We were lucky that my wife was home, and I was able to get there in a few minutes. Closed breaker and called Frigidaire, and they said, you should have bought an extended warranty. It is as they know their appliances are poor quality. We called an appliance technician, and he arrived to tell us that it could have been moisture that caused the failure. Moisture, it is a cooktop, perhaps Electrolux should have sealed the control unit from this. Tech ordered the part to be replaced, it took 14 WEEKS! That is 3 1/2 months without a working kitchen.

Cooktop worked fine for @ 15 months, then started smoking from underneath, as the control box/board was catching fire. 911 alerted, as I was away, firetrucks, police cars, family, contractor, another red seal electrician, and a very excited four year old. Phone tag once again, as website number does not work. Electrolux representative flat out said he wanted nothing to do with it at all. Finally received a response from them, because they are sweethearts, they may be willing to offer a small discount on replacement parts. I asked the lady, if your cooktop failed twice, almost causing a fire both times, would you install it back in your home? Cooktop is in my bother's shed, as my wife will not have it on our property.

These cooktops are really just toasters, with more power, simple on/off with gradient controls from 1-10, extended warranties should not even be offered, as they should work for twenty years without issues. Our biggest concern is that the units should be recalled, and it is certainly defective design (moisture invasion) and faulty parts. If you have this unit, maybe install a breaker for when you are away from the unit, as I would not trust the appliance. Does anyone know of a quality, safe cooktop? Electrolux customer service was horrendous from the start, and really don't care about customers, or the safety of their products. Be safe!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

We have had an Electrolux dishwasher for two years. It worked great until last week and started leaking. I called Electrolux and they stated it was not under warranty, which I knew, and they could send out a repairman. There would be an $89.95 upfront charge which would go against the labor. It was a minor repair on the drain line that took about 10 minutes. However, I had to pay another $87.02 for labor and "parts". The $89.95, according to the technician, was a trip charge only. That was not how it was represented by customer service. I called back and talked to a manager that said maybe the rep I had talked to had stated it incorrectly, duh, and that they would educate them to be more specific. It was an intentional misrepresentation in my opinion and they should have know better. I could have called a local company and gotten it done much cheaper.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

My 15 year old machine packed up just before Christmas. Given that my son's family of 5 were to stay with me for 2 weeks of the holidays, I decided to buy a new machine rather than have the old one fixed. Nowadays it's difficult to check machines out in showrooms, so looking online, I ordered an Electrolux front loader from Home Depot. Free installation and they'd remove the old machine at no cost. Great. I'd get it taken care of before the family arrived.

The machine worked for the first couple of times, but after a few days, stopped spinning. By this time, Home Depot had washed their hands of me because it was beyond their 48 hour return policy. I contacted Electrolux to request either a new machine, or my money back. They insisted on sending out a technician, who, called the support department to be informed the office was closed for the holidays.

I contacted Electrolux again who said they'd send out another technician. I explained that I didn't want a 2 week old machine repaired, I either wanted a new one or my money back. Of course, this won't happen and I have to have another technician review the machine. I have now been waiting for this to happen, and calls to the support department go unanswered.

In the meantime, I am becoming very familiar with my local laundromat, and so far have spent at least $100 on using their machines. Now my family has left, I have 6 lots of bedding waiting to be laundered. I cannot believe I'm in this situation. I don't know where to turn to next. I think I have been treated despicably and don't feel very good about it.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

Update on 01/14/2019: Because we were provided with an additional year parts and labor by Electrolux, a service person came in today, January 14, and replaced the door seal. Within one hour the new door seal was leaking again. Being extremely frustrated with Electrolux and the continued issue with their washer I phoned their customer service, again, and asked to speak to a supervisor/manager. I was informed they have no program to allow for each to return their defective washer, I will have to talk to the dealer (Recker & Boerger).

I informed the supervisor I did not accept her response and wanted to talk to her manager. I was informed the manager would contact me in 1-2 days. I’m furious about their defective product and the manager won’t talk to me... I have to wait. Great customer service. Out of sheer frustration I called Recker & Boerger, talk to a store manager who told me they “chose” not to take back products that have been in a home over 30 days... My advice... Stay away from any Electrolux products and Recker & Boerger in the Cincinnati area. Both have no concept of how to provide customer service. Amazing.

Original: In July, 2017 my wife and I allowed a salesperson to talk us into a front loading Electrolux washer, we had always had top loaders. Also bought matching dryer and the risers for each. Nothing but trouble with both, numerous service calls on washer and dryer. The washer is loud, sometimes much awful noises, doesn’t fill immediately while making those noises, but the most recent “joy in owning an Electrolux” is the door is leaking. The door seal was replaced approximately 6-8 months ago and we just started noticing streams of water running down the front of the washer. And, because we have it on a riser, water runs into the drawer on the riser.

I’ll be calling Electrolux on Monday, we’ll have another service call, might get repaired properly, and wait for the next surprise. If you live in the Cincinnati area, stay away from Recker & Boerger. Once they make a delivery...you’re on your own, talk to Electrolux. So much for customer satisfaction. Best advice I can give is stay away from Electrolux!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

We purchased new front loading washer and dryer this winter for our new home. 6 months of use and the washer stopped draining. Warranty service tech came out and found the drain line plugged deep inside the machine. To fix he had to remove the top and front of the machine to get to a plastic inline bowl that he said is prone to becoming plugged. We have a lab and he said we need to shake out everything before washing as the dog's hair will clog the machine. This repair is not for the amateur and if it wasn’t under warranty it would have been about $240. Can’t believe the poor design and difficult accessibility to do routine cleaning. Our dog is 8 years old and we’ve never had a problem like this. Will think twice about buying another one when the time comes.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

We own a high end induction slide-in range that has failed twice, for the same reason, in 6 years. Whenever we have used the self-clean function the oven has remained locked (impossible to open or function). First failure was covered under warranty but the second, for the exact same failure, cost $600 to repair and Electrolux refused to absorb any of the cost. Technician indicated that this is a common failure...probably a design fault. Will never buy another Electrolux product again.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

On Nov 21st, 2018 I called to schedule an appointment for my washer to be repaired and was given one right away, although I had told the representative that it would probably need a new part, the very same day I get a call from a technician saying he would come out to look at the washer which he did on Nov 23rd. On the day of the appointment he shows up looks at the appliance and within 5 minutes tells he would need to order the part and come back and that it would take about a week or so.

So I'll be without a washer until then, so I called the warranty company back and explain to the corporate supervisor that a week or so is way too long so she reassures me that this will be priority and that she will put a rush on things. It is now 3 weeks later and I've not heard back from either party, so I call the tech to ask for an update, he tells me the company took him off my case and knows nothing about the situation. I call the company back to find out what the hell happened and no one knows. Also the part was never ordered, ridiculous!

So I've been back and forth with this company. 4 supervisors later, one of them orders the part and assures me this will be given utmost priority, I get an email confirming the part is been ordered and that I should receive within a couple of days, and that a new tech company will be here on the 11th of Dec 2018 to install it. 2 days later I get an email stating that the part has been cancelled without any explanation, again no call from the warranty company, I call them to find out that again no one knows what happened no one has an explanation, at this point I'm over it!! If you are reading this? DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

The Electrolux fridge ice maker is the worst I have ever seen. They have been out to my house 3 times and the icemaker still does not work. The customer service is horrible. Electrolux makes a poor product that is subpar. Save your money.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

My husband and I own a small business. Our employee scratched our customer's brand new stainless steel refrigerator door. I called to order a replacement door panel. Upon receiving the part we installed it and noticed it had a light colored stripe running down the middle of the door that looks different than the rest of the refrigerator. I called customer service back right away. I sent them a picture and they tried to tell me it was like a piece of wood. That no two pieces of wood are alike. Really? How is a piece of wood and a piece of stainless steel the same? This door panel was less than quality and no one would purchase a refrigerator like that in the store. They tried to downplay and undermine the situation, making me feel like I was being unreasonable. All I wanted was to make my customer happy and her to have her refrigerator looking new again.

I finally got them to agree to refund the door but they wouldn't send a new panel without receiving the other part back, so I agreed to pay for another one to be shipped. That way our customer wasn't without a fridge door in the meantime. I was told they would contact us in a few days to pick up the defective door. I also asked them to call me directly to handle the return. Instead, they called our customer the very next day and scheduled the pick up for Monday. We hadn't received the second door panel yet so I told them we weren't ready to swap them out yet. They proceeded to tell me it was too late to stop the request since they had already sent it through but that UPS would leave us a shipping label. Yesterday was Monday and no shipping label.

Today I called them again and they informed me to call UPS. UPS is not even aware of any labels and advised me to contact them again. I have now been told that I will have to pay the shipping plus a restocking fee for a piece of ugly metal that is below what the standard should be for a door on a refrigerator that cost close to $3K. Every single person I have spoken to has given me a different answer. The manager I spoke to tonight was rude and insensitive. They do not care about making the customer happy. They will just take your money and blow you off. It is looking like I may be out the money for the other door panel. I am afraid even if I pay the money to ship it back, they will just come up with another story as to why they can't refund me. Unbelievable! Stay far away from this company!!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

We remodeled our kitchen several years ago and replaced our dishwasher, refrigerator and slide-in range/oven with Electrolux appliances. All three have required significant repairs or replacement. The dishwasher has failed twice and has “irreparable problem”. The wire that holds the door open in various position is connected to a molded plastic fitting in the frame. The fitting breaks off the molded plastic frame. The machine is build on and that’s that’s, you need a new dishwasher. After two years of service we received a $200. Credit toward our next $1,000+ machine. The fancy range we bought had a valve fail and that was $400. And the ice maker failed in the fridge. That was $350 for half an ice maker that now sounds like it’s grinding up glaciers. No more Electrolux for us!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I bought Electrolux dryer EFMG627UTT recently on Sep 18. Dryer is taking too long to dry and customer service is poor. They already change the motherboard board and temp sensor. The predictive dry is stupid feature and not working good. The empty dryer with no load is running 1 hr and they claim that it can sense the load and moisture and predict accurately the running time. Means it should stop cycle in few min when load and moisture is 0. But still it predicts 57 min and running for 57. Technicians Jose says it is normal and per tech specification and when I asked what is the tech spec, he said he don't know. None of them in customer care knows that spec. Worst customer support and worst machine. If anybody can guide to sue them I will be happy to do. Reason of review: Poor customer service. Monetary Loss: $1800.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Not only was our washer and dryer late, but when they arrived, the stacking kit (that we purchased with it) AND the dryer vent did not come with. I tried calling like 10 different numbers to not get ANY help, still didn't. So when the delivery people came, they couldn't even set it up for us. Now we had to go back to Home Depot, explain, and show them we paid. They had trouble contacting them! So it's going to be another week plus of waiting for the kit! That comes to almost 7 total weeks of waiting when they were originally scheduled to be here November 6 (originally with a 3 week waiting period). It is now November 27 and delivery date for this part is December 5. I'm livid. Customer service reps are bogus and people didn't do their job right.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

My washing machine broke a few weeks ago and Electrolux sent the most unqualified electrician to "repair" it. Not only did he fail to repair anything but charged me 240 dollars and tried to get me to pay double the amount for a new washer. A very dishonest company! I will never purchase anything from them again.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

Safety alert! Purchased this dryer from Sears in December 2017, and have experienced lint clogging problems in the fan assembly since then. Spoke with Rita ** at corporate, November 20, 2018, at 12:30 p.m. central standard time. She first asked what she could do to and I told her to pay for the parts I ordered or replace the dryer. I reviewed my original email message to her (Rita **) as she appeared to not have read it thoroughly. She stated that my installing the filter assembly lint clamshell (530451374) and the grill assembly lint with moisture sensor (5304515376) would void my manufacturer's warranty. Even though the parts are newer models (for EFME627U) released after discontinuing my dryer model and would work by using longer mounting screws and transferring the original moisture sensor wire assembly, Electrolux would dismiss the unit and no longer honor the warranty.

I stated that the engineers would be very happy to learn about the problem and the repair to correct using the newer design parts. I also asked Rita if she would like grandmothers or other elderly people to have to deal with the "felt producing" lint buildup in the fan assembly. I expressed concern regarding the high number of bad reviews of this dryer because of the lint problem. Rita promptly tried to tell me that the majority of the Internet reviews are negative at which point I cut her off and explained that I understand how the Internet works as I am an IT professional. People typically post detailed negative reviews when extremely frustrated or disappointed. Rita said something about posting good reviews and I told her that I do not post reviews for every service and item that delivers as expected. It is only the problems that need to be shared or those services or items that deliver in a much better than expected manner.

Rita stated a minimum of three times that it was at my discretion to post negative reviews - even when I explained that they would be detailed. With all that said, are you certain that this direction is the one endorsed by Electrolux corporate? It is a great disappointment to me and I will need to spend more time to release the reviews as I do NOT want elderly people or others (think of your family and friends) to purchase such a problematic dryer. This dryer is the FIRST to exhibit these problems - even with washing and drying laundry containing MORE fur and lint with my previously owned, other branded, units.

In all cases I am a fanatic about cleaning the lint screen and in the situation of the current Electrolux, stopping the cycle midway to perform an additional cleaning if I am drying whites (cotton based). Note that I also sent email messages to Alan Shaw and Jonas Samuelson receiving NO response or bounce messages (their email addresses are good). Will never purchase Electrolux products again.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

We bought a Frigidaire refrigerator back in June, 2018. In August 1st, the refrigerator started to act up and stop making any ice or throwing any water. Since it is still under the first year warranty covered by the company, I called Electrolux to have this issue fixed. They have sent five repairs technician from two different service companies to fix this issue and have not fix this yet. Every time a new technician comes to diagnose it, they have to order a part. They have replaced so many parts and still not fixed yet.

After three months waiting for technicians and parts to come, I request Electrolux to replace the unit and they rejected the request. They told me that they can't replace it until a technician tells them it's non-fixable (the technician will never tell them it's non-fixable because he's making money every time he comes to diagnose/repair it). In the meantime, we can't use our product after we paid so much. Electrolux does not stand up for their products, they will have you on and on until you give up and suck it up or until the warranty expires so the problem can be on you.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

My husband and I purchased an Electrolux refrigerator from Lowe's in March of 2017. In May of 2017 we moved into our new home that was just built. In August, 2017, I came home to water in my kitchen that was coming thru the ceiling of my finished basement. A repairman was sent out to replace a part. In September, 2017, I was standing at my kitchen sink and the water dispenser just came on. Thankfully I was home to shut off the water. The repairman asked me to videotape it the next time it happened to document it! Another part was ordered and replaced.

About 10 days ago (October, 2018), I woke up early to get a glass of water and found myself standing in water and water again coming thru the basement ceiling. Lowe's stated I was out of warranty and to contact Electrolux directly, which I did. This morning a 3rd repairman came out and again stated a part needed to be replaced. I requested Electrolux replace this obvious lemon of a refrigerator but they will not. They can only offer me an extended warranty thru March 2019. I have no confidence in this product. I will not be able to leave my house or go to bed any night for fear that this will happen a 4th time. How many times does this product have to ruin my home before it will be replaced? Do not buy model E123CS35KS4A if you value your home. Shame on Electrolux for not standing by their product.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

We had our kitchen remodeled five years ago. Right off the bat the refrigerator started acting up. After several service calls we received a check for our purchase price. Thank goodness we got the extended warranty. Next the microwave door handle came off. They came out and replaced it. Unfortunately, it has happened again, our warranty is over so we will be purchasing a new microwave. Not an Electrolux. Our dishwasher door was malfunctioning. The service rep told the warranty people that it was non repairable. The piece that needed to be replaced was a small plastic piece that he said they couldn’t get to replace. He also said that we must have been responsible for it breaking so they would not replace the dishwasher. Another interesting note is that every technician that came here remarked at what horrible appliances Electrolux are. Wish I had known that.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I have been waiting 6 weeks for my washer to get fixed. I can’t seem to get anyone in the warranty customer service department at RC Willey to tell me at what point I will have a working washer. The repair company has been out three times to repair the washer with no success. Prior to this I had the dryer fixed 2 times using the Electrolux first year warranty and one time through the RC Willey Warranty. Each repair takes a minimum of 2 weeks to complete. The washer/dryer set is 2 years old.

I have contacted Electrolux and they said I have a parts warranty but will have to pay out of pocket if I don’t use the warranty. What is the point of purchasing a warranty if you never have a working product? I’m trying really hard to understand why it is so hard to complete the repairs on the unit I have. If you sell a warranty you should stand behind it. I will never buy Electrolux again and most certainly will never purchase anything from RC Willey. Extremely disappointed in both companies.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

After using my dryer for a couple of years now, I've been having problems. The lint filter no longer fits smoothly. The edge sits up higher than the rest of the area in the front of the dryer and this causes clothing to get hung on the edge, thus, wrapping around other garments until a knot of twisted, knotted clothing exists. This twisting and heating of the garments actually causes wrinkling and stretching which is very difficult to get out, even no-iron clothing requires either wetting and re-drying or ironing.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

My husband and I have had nothing but problems with our Electrolux refrigerator. We have had the ice maker serviced numerous times. Now it’s out of warranty and have paid 800 dollars to fix something that Electrolux knew could not be fixed. Now Electrolux won’t help us on a refrigerator that we bought for 3700 dollars. Electrolux won’t help us at all. Electrolux is a terrible company when it comes to customer service and Electrolux does not stand by their product. Electrolux need to understand if you piss off consumer we will stop paying your product.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

If it were possible to rate Electrolux with zero stars I would have done that. I have had a nightmare of an experience with my Electrolux front loader washing machine and this was a VERY expensive machine. The first machine that was delivered to me didn't work at all so that had to be removed and another new machine brought it.

That second machine worked for about 10 washes and it went out. Not only was this completely inconvenient to be without a washing machine again, and realizing that this incredible expensive machine was completely unreliable, Working with Electrolux with the warranty to have it serviced was a total nightmare. The local company they used under the warranty to come out and service the machine took almost 2 weeks to get me on their calendar so I was without a washing machine for that amount of time and I just had to wait it out, per Electrolux (that's even after going to their customer service management). When the company came to service it, they determined that it needed FOUR MAJOR PARTS REPLACED, which included a new water sensor, a new motor, new motherboard, etc. I had this SECOND new machine for less than 45 days. Not only that, but 3 of the 4 parts that needed replacing were on backorder.

Electrolux was AWFUL to deal with, their customer service kept hanging up on me or passing me around when I was trying to find a solution to this problem and eventually they told me that I had to wait it out and they would get someone to service it when the parts came in. I was the one inconvenienced by their unreliable product and they had zero sympathy for my situation (including the fact that I'm extremely pregnant and about to have a baby any day). I regret buying an Electrolux appliance and hope this review reaches a lot of people so others don't go through the same nightmare I've been through with this company.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Purchased second most expensive dryer from Electrolux’s assortment. Less than 10 months the dryer started making a terrible sound. A technician came out twice unable to fix. Essentially requiring to replace all internal parts. Electrolux customer service department is filled with incompetent individuals that do not understand the meaning of customer service. Each person I spoke with, were not solution oriented or the slightest bit empathetic to the issue(s) at hand.

I emailed the head of appliances in North America (Alan Shaw) in hopes he could have an individual or team to assist with the issue. I was contacted by a horrendously rude woman (Rita **) who was curt and not once apologized for the inconvenience. She offered a 20% discount on an extended warranty. Since then I emailed the CEO of all Electrolux worldwide and have very little confidence he or anyone else in company will be accommodating or offer any resemblance of customer service. DO NOT BUY ELECTROLUX PRODUCTS.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

Purchased $855 Whirlpool washing machine from Harvey Norman Mornington 3 weeks ago. First wash after delivery and install the house flooded. Rang customer service and next Monday a "repairman" arrived who said the new machine could not be repaired. Our newly laid carpets were flooded and our insurer was there on the Saturday commencing the drying process. We sustained $2k damage and had to pay $500 excess. The Electrolux company refuses our request to cover the damages or even remove the machine from the laundry! They said they may refund the machine cost if we send them a bank statement to verify our identity. Next stop is ACCC. This treatment by Electrolux seems endemic from all the reviews.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I purchased a washer and dryer combo about a year ago that came with a $100 visa card rebate. I submitted the rebate application that day. I waited for months but got nothing in the mail. I decided to call back to see what was going on and it turns out that the rebate was declined because my zip code was missing from the invoice from the store, yet I entered it on the application. All the other information was identical. They state that I was notified via email but never received anything regarding it. Electrolux refused to resend the $100 gift card when I contacted customer support. I see similar rebates currently advertised on their products so I don't see why they can't just resend the gift card.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I got the Electrolux dishwasher as a package from our home builder. We had problems from the start. Within the first year, while it was still under warranty, we had to get it serviced three times. It would not dry the dishes, the pump failed so it would discharge the water. Right now the touch controls are unusable. I have to open-close the door ~10 times before I can simply press start. Forget about selecting any custom wash cycle. Every so often even that does not work and I have to cycle the power to the unit at the fuse box. We are waiting for the unit to die to replace it. My only consolation is that I did not spend any money on service. I am never buying another Electrolux appliance again, and I am telling everyone I know to follow suit.

Electrolux expert review by Jonathan Trout

Electrolux is known for making kitchen, laundry and home care appliances. They also make 12 sizes of chest freezer ranging in size from 3.5 to 28 cubic feet.

• 3.5 cubic foot freezer: This is the smallest chest freezer made by Electrolux. It comes with one removable wire basket, mechanical temperature control, manual defrosting and a safety lock. It has a four-star energy rating.

• 7.0 cubic foot freezer: This is one of Electrolux’s midsize chest freezers. It features a mechanical temperature control, interior light, manual defrost, a recessed handle and a safety lock. It also includes adjustable legs. It comes with a four-star energy rating.

• 14.8 cubic foot freezer: The 14.8 cubic foot chest freezer has a four-star energy rating, four wire baskets for convenient storage and a safety lock. It has a mechanical temperature control, an external handle and a quick-freeze setting.

• 28 cubic foot freezer: This is the largest chest freezer Electrolux makes. It has a four-star energy rating and manual defrost. The temperature can be set to as low as -12 degrees. It features six wheels, a safety lock, two baskets and flat back to fit against any wall.

• Upright freezers: Electrolux makes three models of upright freezers. Two have a capacity of 13.7 cubic feet and come in white or stainless steel. The other model is 8 cubic feet and comes in white. The feature electric control panels, wire storage baskets and quick-freeze options.

• Best for: consumers looking for an upright or chest freezer.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout
Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Electrolux Company Information

1910
Peoria
IL
www.electroluxappliances.com
Your special offer awaits

Looking to save time and money? Join our community today! Community members receive important consumer news alerts and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands they love. Ready to join?

Sign up now with your email address!

Join our community to recieve important consumer news and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands you love.