Electrolux

Compare Appliances

Research top Appliances recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My husband purchased this dishwasher from Home Depot a year ago. From the day it was installed, it has given us nothing but problems. If a dishwasher had the power to ruin a person's day, this is the model that would do that. The electronic display never works. Just never works. Push them all day to try to start a load of dishes and you get nothing but beeps. You cannot simply push the type of load and hit start, as most dishwashers allow you to do. It's all computerized and nothing works. When we finally do hit the buttons enough times to get the machine to start, it runs a cycle and the dishes come out the same as they went in - not cleaned at all.

We've called Home Depot... We've called Electrolux - all to no avail. Electrolux sent out a serviceman who did nothing. They wouldn't accept a return for this horrible machine, yet charged over $1000 for it. I'm just waiting until my husband says we should just start over and buy a new machine. He chose this one himself, so I'll probably be waiting a while. Ugh. So frustrated.

Whoa -- either in 1970 or 1971, my parents purchased a Gibson freezer. Within in the last 2 years - yep last 2 yrs - we decided to replace the working Gibson. It was still working and never broke down once. But of course, it used way too much electricity and we didn't want to take a chance with a freezer full of food. Went to Lowe's and purchased an Electrolux (tag inside of freezer) but says Frigidaire on the outside. Of course, yesterday it died and ruined a full freezer. It just floors me that a freezer that's almost 45 years would still be working and the new freezer that is ** 2 years old took a crap - OF COURSE -- IT'S OUT OF WARRANTY!!! WILL NEVER AGAIN EVEN WASTE MY TIME LOOKING AT ELECTROLUX/FRIGIDAIRE.

I hope this letter comes to the attention of Electrolux's Management group, Boards Directors and CEO. I feel sure that Electrolux Global company values by its customers. It is not a practical applied by Brazilian Electrolux team. I am writing to complaint about a serious disorder experienced due to the lack of commitment of Electrolux Brazil. I have tried to solve the problem using the better way to all. Brazil Electrolux Team proposed a date to solve the complaint, and unfortunately they don't care to commitments made. I have spread the history by mail, by twitter, by phone, and the unique answer available is TO WAIT. Please lets to think together, is it reasonable to stay almost 30 days without a blender at home? I think, no. By this reason, I had decided share my terrible experience with you, so I could make responsible people aware the size of disorder that they have caused.

In March, 15 I had noticed to ** the following: "I am having trouble finding spare parts for the ELECTROLUX POWERMIX 5 SPEED + PULSAR (PBE 11) 127V blender, purchased on the network's own website, under purchase order **, dated 12FEV2014. It turns out that the blender jar/cup, due to natural wear of the product, after 03 years of use, has been presenting problems and thus I want to buy spare part. Such pieces are not easily found, perhaps existing."

In this regard, I am waiting for Electrolux guidelines to solve this reported problem. After this complaint, we started a negotiation and having finished in April, 28. To cut a long history in short, we came to the conclusion of an amount that I should pay, would have to return the broken apparatus, and other requirements. So, note that since April 20 I am without a blender. And also note, the whole problem is due to the failure of the original product, and for lack of spare parts here in Brazil, extend the Electrolux not complying with legal requirements. After long time of waiting, I wrote to Electrolux the following:

"I am contacting ** for several days, waiting for a position of you regarding my case (**), and you are becoming dead. Please speak about my problem. I am long without a blender, and going through terrible problems due to the lack of the appliance. 'It turns out that the negligence is size, that I cannot get a date on which I will receive the products at home. I call ** and they tell me to wait. By email, I respond to wait to be posting the product. NONE OF THE ELECTROLUX wants to tell me when it will end my displeasure of NOT HAVING LIQUIDIFIER AT HOME and go through all the inconveniences that the lack of the product comes to cause.'"

So, after that they contacted me and ask to WAIT. After the deadline of the agreement, still asked to wait another 10 days. I understand that this behavior is not the right one for a serious company. Has anyone cared about my problem during these long almost 30 days? Discovered the problem why did not they strive to solve it in a much shorter time? For this case, I am waiting for answers, because the impressions that remain show that Electrolux is not a very correct company and that it does not care for its customers.

We purchased our home in December of 2016. With the purchase included a new Electrolux $2700.00 side by side refrigerator. Within two days of moving in, the water dispenser stopped working. After 5 visits from a technician and 5 replaced freezer doors, the builder agreed to replace the unit. Electrolux received call after call from our technician regarding the issue and we were told via the technician that Electrolux wanted us to pour warm water through the ice dispenser on a daily basis. If I am correct, the user manual did not indicate that this was required on a daily basis in order for the dispenser to work. I would not recommend the purchase of any Electrolux products; poor quality and poor customer service. BUYER BEWARE.

In January 2016 I purchased an Electrolux electric range, model E130EF4CQSB, serial number AF55000584. In February 2017 while I was cooking dinner one evening, the glass cooktop suddenly shattered. I called Electrolux customer service and was told to email pictures of the damage, which I did. About five minutes later Electrolux called me back to say that their technician had determined that I caused the damage by dropping a heavy object onto the cooktop. I protested that I had done nothing of the kind, but was told the technician's judgment was final and my (five-year) warranty on the cooktop would not be honored. Subsequently I had to pay $570.40 to have the cooktop replaced. I do not believe that Electrolux has a technician standing by at all times to assess broken cooktops. I think the company simply defrauds customers by declaring falsely that customer abuse has occurred.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Electrolux?

8th August 2016 I bought a Split AC. After two months, it's was stop automatically, gas leakage. I call to customer care to ask someone to fixed it. But I didn't get any response from them. After making so many calls I got a call from technician. He came my place and said "your output fan is not working." I said please repair it. He said "it takes time, at least 3 days." I said "OK". But after 3days I called him then he was not ready to come. He stolen my AC parts. Then I did FIR for the same. I sent so many email to customer care and consumer forum. They are not ready to fix it. Now I have an AC on a rental basis.

I did a kitchen reno 3 years ago and through lots of contemplation on which manufacturer to purchase our appliance package from, we chose Electrolux. We purchase the "wave" technology fridge and Induction stove. We could not have purchase any higher end of a product from Sears other than the GE Profile package, but they did not release an induction cooktop at the time. WHAT A MISTAKE!!! The stove has had several service calls as one of the burners has no heating intensity. The service people that have been coming out have no clue what they are doing and cannot fix the stove. They basically say it is normal. Still working on that problem to get it rectified.

We also noticed our laminate floor was swelling a few weeks ago and after investigating the possible cause, I pulled out the fridge and sure enough the floor was all damaged and stained with rust. I had Sears service come to investigate and the end result is it cannot be repaired as it has a "manufacturing defect". Seems that Electrolux just happened to not design the fridge with any insulation at the back of the fridge. WOW! I purchased the Extended warranty from Sears due to the cost of these "High End" appliance and the high cost to purchase.

Well that fell flat on support. Sears has offered a credit of $1170.00 toward a purchase of a new replacement fridge as my compensation for the NO Lemon policy on the warranty. Not happy with this result, I contacted Electrolux customer service and asked to speak with a Manager. I was bluntly told that there was no further person to talk to and that Electrolux does not care about any issues after the initial year is over and it will be impossible to expect any input or assistance to replace the fridge that was improperly designed and built! Unbelievable... I am now going to be financially burdened with a $3000 plus cost out of pocket!! What a kick in the teeth after thinking if I purchased "High End" (JOKE) product, it would pay off.

It is looking like I will have to replace my fridge and will now have mismatched appliances in my kitchen, especially since it will not be an Electrolux product. That would be a cold day in Hell!!! I cannot believe what Electrolux is pulling off here. I would be willing to start a class action lawsuit if we could group enough people together to fight this company for selling Improperly manufactured product and not owning up to it.

Cheap material and poor technical support. I had 2 refrigerators replaced and 5 repairs on the 2nd one, all within 6 months!! Waiting on delivery of the 3rd replacement refrigerator! Very poor customer service, do not think about convenience of consumer. All the repairs and replacements done only during work hours with no specific time range! So to take a full day off from work for every visit was extremely difficult.

Updated on 05/16/2017: I previously told that Electrolux is trying to replace my refrigerator for the 2nd time within 6 months, to add to that situation, the 3rd refrigerator that was delivered today also had damage on its external body - as shown by the delivery person himself after opening the package in front of me. Now wasting another day of my work time, for them to deliver again another refrigerator, FYI THIS WILL BE MY 4TH REFRIGERATOR THAT ARRIVED AT MY DOOR! I really need some help here!!

Cleaning issues with my Electrolux Icon dishwasher go back to just a few months after we purchased our home in June, 2015. There have been drainage problems and leakage problems, but the most consistent problem has been the fact that the top rack does not clean. Three authorized Electrolux licensed companies have worked on the dishwasher. Every part on the dishwasher has been replaced. I've purchased countless cleaning products recommended by the technicians and the problem has not been solved. The top quarter of the dishwasher does not rinse clean and there is always food standing in the bottom of the machine (causing a terrible odor - one technician told me to rinse and wipe by hand - I have never had to do that before).

I have requested a copy of my service record but was told that it was not available to me but that the technicians have all the information. The wrong part has been ordered twice (or just the wrong one sent... no one is quite sure) which means I have been confined to my have home twice in the past two weeks with no work done on the machine. Last month a technician said he just didn't know what else could be done, but when I told Customer Service this they said the technician hadn't put this in writing. Apparently there is a procedure that must be followed to get a replacement review for a product that cannot be fixed and it must be initiated by a technician. All this is in the notes that the CS reps says he is adding to my file, but I have very little faith in that. I get a different person each service call and they always want to try one more thing!

I did purchase an extended service contract last year so I am not out any money at this time (although I paid over $400 after the warranty was up and my builder paid about the same), but I have devoted a tremendous amount of time and energy trying to get this fixed. My contract is up in July and I told Customer Service that I fully expected this to be resolved before then and not dragged out so that my contract expires before it is settled. I have four boxes of unusable parts being stored at my house. Electrolux could have bought me two new dishwashers for the amount of parts and labor that have been wasted on this machine. I have tried to be patient with this situation, but I have been tested to the limits and want some results.

We bought this refrigerator (Model FGHT1846QF4) to replace a similar model we had before. The fridge is very noisy, much more than the previous one. The overall quality is poor, very light refrigerator that moves easily when opening the door. The customer service people were very nice but the manager was not sensitive to our complain. I do not recommend this product. I was very disappointed with both the product and the company.

My wife and I purchased a Condo in Sept. 2016, as part of the sale the previous owner renovated the kitchen including all appliances. We filled out the warranty cards and sent them in. In April 2017 the microwave developed a problem, The service tech that Electrolux sent out (dispatcher with service company had very bad attitude) claimed it needs a new board. Now I'm told the appliance was made in 2012 and parts are no longer available (although their rep is still trying to sell me an extended warranty). Although recently installed and warranty filed Electrolux say they can't repair and refuse to replace the unit. I am upset that the units were even sold and installed with that age on them but now the warranty isn't honored... They say the customer is their priority but not from my point of view. Will never buy or recommend an Electrolux or Frigidaire product again.

Electrolux Gas Cooktop EW30GC55GS1 - Purchased in 2009. We found out quickly that the knobs which were very close to the burners were made out of plastic with a foil, plastic coating to make them appear as though they were stainless steel (or even aluminum!). We found out quickly that the heat from the cooktop was deforming the 'covering', and at this time in 2017 many of the knobs have 'melted' and deformed. I see that you can order SS knobs to fit the unit, but I feel it is unacceptable that Electrolux knowing put dangerously poorly quality control knobs on a gas cooktop that would melt and deform. Replacement plastic knobs are an atrocious $55 CDN ea, and SS ones are close to $70 ea. Electrolux should offer at N/C or a shipping charge only, replacement SS knobs that will stand up to proper use of such an appliance.

I purchased a Frigidaire Fridge through Sears in August of 2015. I chose Sears because we have one locally and I heard they had excellent customer service. Within a few months of purchasing the fridge the door handles were loose and the water/ice system was not working. I called Sears but was directed to Transglobal. A technician was called and the problem was fixed. A few months later... another issue. At this point I asked if I could have fridge replaced as I felt it was a lemon. Transglobal said I needed 3 documented repairs within my warranty period. Lo and behold last week (20 months into owning the fridge) the compressor stopped working. My family is stranded with no fridge. I had to pay for a service call directed by Transglobal for the technician to tell me the compressor part alone costs 700$ plus 2 hours of labour.

Transglobal contacted Electrolux to see if they would replace the cost of the part at the very least and possibly the whole unit as it has been a lemon. Electrolux denied me any support with repair or replacement. I called into Electrolux and asked to speak to a supervisor. I was told that I had to call back at 5:30 pm. Basically, he told me I could call back and send an email but he couldn't do anything for me. I said goodbye, and called back.

This time I got a new person who was surprisingly helpful. He asked my name and said that Transglobal had not sent in the service reports for my fridge. He then requested the service reports and said he would get back to me. I am still waiting and I'm hopeful this can be resolved. There are so many issues here... Firstly, the product, secondly the sideways way of getting support, thirdly the various skill levels in customer support. I have spoken to 8 people at both Electrolux and Transglobal and 3 have been helpful. That's less than 40% success in dealing with customers.

I purchased an Electrolux washer and dryer set 2 years ago in silver grey colour. Right from the start the doors on both units would not close properly, nor would the detergent dispenser drawer on the washer. As well, you could not partially close the door when airing the washer after using it, meaning the door stayed wide open. This required placing the machine in an area where no children/people would walk past it and hook on to the door. THEN, the entire control panel went on the washer. We were told that Electrolux no longer made that model - ONE YEAR AFTER PURCHASE, and that instead of repairing it, the warranty company replaced it with the next newer model. This entailed that we also had to replace our DRYER, since the new washer's colour was a different colour of grey, and the units no longer matched. UGLY!!

The 5-year warranty we purchased at the initial time of washer purchase was now also void, meaning we would have to pay AGAIN if we wanted extended warranty. I tried contacting Electrolux Canada to ask if we could get a rebate or refund for the extra costs we endured because their units were faulty and outdated so soon after purchase. That's when the real trouble started. The young girl at their "customer service" was the rudest, uncaring person I have ever encountered in the business. She said if it wasn't a warranty issue, that she would do nothing to assist me. She refused to put me through to her supervisor, and any emails that would be sent would go back to her. There was no logic in her approach and needless to say, the whole experience left me totally frustrated and disappointed.

I even tried reaching someone at Electrolux's USA and European Office, but was told that it was not within their area, and that I would have to contact their Canadian office- even after I had explained my problems with the "first line" person there. No one offered to contact a supervisor on my behalf, or even give me a direct telephone number or email address where I could contact a supervisor myself. Although the machine's - one year old, are still working, I will never again buy ANY product from Electrolux, after having the worst customer service experience of my life!

We bought a new front-loading washer and dryer from Nebraska Furniture Mart in February 2017. The dryer's CPU board has already went out and quit working. When we called for warranty work and had it looked at and called back to Electrolux to find out about parts they said they were on order and might take 2 weeks to get fixed. Electrolux doesn't even carry parts for their own products! Now the washer won't even complete a cycle without having to rinse and spin twice! I will never buy anything from Electrolux again. $2000 for crap! I have learned my lesson and will never recommend these products to anybody including my enemies! Electrolux is a very cheap-made machinery with poor customer service!

Upright freezer 1 and a half years old model ffvu17f4qwa quit working for no reason. Lost all my meat worth roughly 1500.00 and a big bloody stinky mess to clean up. When contacted Leon's in Orillia they said they were sorry and no compensation for anything. Went back to old chest freezer that is still working. Never another Electrolux in my house. Would have a least have liked a phone call.

I bought a front loader washer in February 2016, my Front loader is now having issues (april 2017). The door will not unlock and the washer was in a middle of washing a load with 8 min left. I can't get it to finish the wash or unlock the door. I unplugged it and tried resetting it by hitting the cancel button like the customer service rep asked me to do and still nothing. I called the Electrolux service dept. and it will take 4 days to even send someone out, plus had to pay $125 service fee upfront just to even get on the waiting list for repair. That lets me know their product is a piece of crap. Never again will I spend my money on their product. Anyone reading this DO NOT BUY ELECTROLUX.

Run away from Frigidaire and Electrolux products. They simply do not last and you can wait for hours to speak to someone in Customer Service. There are other products that are a fraction of the price and probably will last as long.

Three years ago I purchased a French door refrigerator from Sears but was manufactured by Electrolux. Immediately we noticed the ice maker did not supply enough ice. Sears came out and replaced icemaker three times. Still does not supply enough ice but you get tired of appointments and meeting repairmen to make the same repairs over and over again. The last repairman said this was a common problem with the refrigerator I have. Last weekend I pulled open the freezer drawer and it fell apart. After spending an hour to make it functional I decided it was time to replace it. So this week I purchased another new refrigerator. One NOT manufactured by Electrolux.

I purchased new Electrolux dishwasher from Goedekers.com, was delivered to me in intact box, so nothing to show delivery problem, I open the box and could not see any problem, scheduled installation and the installer discover that under the cover blanket the unit was really beaten up. So I called Electrolux and Goedeker's to report the problem. The dishwasher is under 12 mos warranty. They send different appliance repair people to fix it. And the conclusion was the same: Replacement because can't be fix.

But after two mos Electrolux/Goedeker's game come with the statement: the warranty does not cover the repair (actually Electrolux spent $600 on diagnostics and screwing-unscrewing) + I spend long hrs talking/asking/emailing/listening CS reps, managers, supervisors, corporate executives telling different statements, basically lying and not taking responsibilities.

The worst experience in my lifetime and I'm 64 years. All this Electrolux/Goedeker's reps were advising me to do illegal actions to repair the damage for unit under warranty and all is my mistake that I did not uncover the manufactured blanket when I checked the delivery shipped in intact package box. Also accusing me that I damaged my new dishwasher - insane! I ready to expose the damage that Electrolux and Goedeker's are doing.

I purchased what I thought was a high quality front loading washer and dryer from Electrolux in 2014. In only two and a half years, the dryer has stopped working. The moisture sensor completely just fell off on its own, and I am beyond warranty. I've had to take days off from work to have the item inspected, and to order a new part. It isn't cheap either. This is a very disappointing product that was not made very well.

Four year old Electrolux French door refrigerator/freezer model #EI28BS65XS6 is sweating and rusting on the rear panel, mainly around the upper right hand corner behind the ice maker. I purchased a Rear Panel Kit (part #5303918657) for $199.98 + tax from Electrolux, who stated in an email to me that this "...kit is the only fix for this issue." Unfortunately, the kit includes a huge, thick, black pad that covers the entire rear panel of the refrigerator except for the vented area at the bottom. The water lines to the ice maker have to run over the pad.

Unfortunately, the refrigerator will no longer fit in its customer enclosure, which Electrolux has informed me is my problem, as they will "not be able to meet any requests for a replacement model, as the warranty for your current model has expired..." I am guessing that Electrolux forgot to put insulation in the rear of the refrigerator. They apparently have not notified their customers of the issue either, as I only learned of the problem when I pulled the refrigerator out to clean it. (The ice dispenser quit long ago as well, but that's another story.)

My husband and I are very disappointed with our Electrolux French Door Refrigerator! We purchased one in 2009 and paid $4,300. I thought with that price, it should last at least 10 years. Well, after a year and a half, the ice maker broke. Good thing we purchased the extended service warranty for 5 years. Repair man came and replaced the ice maker. Couple months later, it broke again. Called again. Broke again, and again. So finally in 2012, Electrolux gave us a new refrigerator (same model) for a replacement. It worked until late 2015 when the ice maker started acting up again. Water started leaking behind the ice maker, on the back wall of the fridge. And after a while, the water freezes up. I knew my warranty is over so I thought I'd live with it. I always had a towel where it leaks so it won't get all over the fridge. It's terrible and embarrassing.

Everyone would ask me why I have a frozen towel in the fridge and I would always reply "DO NOT BUY ELECTROLUX". About 2 weeks ago, a piece of hard plastic and styrofoam came out of the ice maker while I was dispensing ice. Like, what the heck is it and where did it come from?? Then last Friday, the fridge totally died! I called every technician in town but unfortunately, nobody couldn't make it until today, Monday (we've had no fridge for 4 days!) Diagnosis: the control board is burnt out and it melted! Cost of repair: $522! This expensive fridge is a piece of junk! I am pissed and I'm trying to get Electrolux pay for at least the parts. Let's see what happens next. But I will never buy Electrolux again.

Purchased a Frigidaire refrigerator at BrandsMart. A month or so later I received warranty offer to extend the warranty. I paid for it in December 2016 and forgot about it. Then at the end of January I received another invoice from same people for same appliance. I paid it not remembering that I had already paid it in December. I called the customer service line to ask why another invoice had been sent, and the customer service rep said... "oh that happens all the time and you will probably get another invoice in the mail." This sounded like a very common occurrence, so I said "well I paid it and should not have done so." I called my bank to stop payment on the check I wrote for a duplicate payment. Then in February I get a letter from Electrolux that I owed them $30 as a fee for the stop payment.

When I called them, they insisted that I should not have done that as they processed it as if I wanted to extend the warranty out further to 6 years. What! Same bill for same period, why would I extend a 3 year warranty to 6 years when it is not even indicated as an option on the invoice? When on the invoice it only indicates up to a 3 year warranty! It all sounds like fraud to me. The extra invoices sent out trying to get people to double pay, charging a fee for stopping a duplicate payment. It seems that this is a very dishonest organization, and no one seems to care how they treat their customers.

I bought this refrigerator model E127BS16J56 serial # 4A23619843 in 2013 in great anticipation of have a beautiful stainless steel refrigerator in my kitchen. Stainless steel is a bit more expensive but as a consumer you spend the extra money for its beauty that it adds to your kitchen. I've noticed that around the stainless steel the grey plastic trims have begun to split and crack for no reason. The refrigerator is in our kitchen and does not get a lot of wear and tear, it's just my husband and myself. I called Electrolux and spoke to customer service, told them the refrigerator was practically new and the cracking and chipping of the plastic trim took away from the beauty of my stainless steel refrigerator and asked them how to fix it. I was told the only way to repair the plastic trims on the freezer drawer or the French door refrigerator was to replace the door panels. They would send them to me at a 10 % discount. What!

So I'm supposed to order new doors at my expense of 500 per door and get a 10% discount if I purchase the doors from them and they won't charge me shipping. This was not acceptable so I called back and asked to speak to a customer service manager. I told her my story and she read through my previous complaint and offered me a 30% discount.

This was at least an attempt to assist me but honestly, my refrigerator is 3 years old and all the plastic trims deteriorating and breaking off (obviously a product defect) and to solve the problem I'm supposed to purchase all new doors and invest almost 1000 dollars and then pay a mechanic to put them on! Really! I want to fight this I'd rather spend 1000 dollars on a lawyer and live with the chipped broken plastic doors. I'm disappointed I really thought they would stand behind their product and help me, but the resolution they offered is unsatisfactory! I'm going to continue to call and complain, hope springs eternal.

My husband and I redid our kitchen 5 years ago, & we were so excited to purchase the Electrolux 36" range & French door fridge as our appliances. We bought the extended warranty plan offered through Warrantech, since these are pricey appliances. We felt that they would last us for many years. Fast forward 5 years later, our range works only a few months out of the year, takes weeks to months to repair each time, and was red-tagged by the gas company on one occasion because the design flaw which causes the frequent repairs causes it to become a bomb in the kitchen. It once exploded our oven door clean open when I preheated it.

Despite being repaired 3 times for the same issue, (pilot located too close to burner assembly causes burner assembly to blister open. Often just causes the pilot to be blown out instead of light, but sometimes resulting in a huge build up of gas before ignition, i.e.: bomb in the kitchen), Electrolux, through Warrantech, refused to replace our very expensive appliance. They refused to replace it because it could be "fixed," ignoring the pattern of the same issue occurring every year, the enormous danger of the design flaw, & the length of time it took to repair. The part was always backordered, one would assume because they were having this issue with many other ranges. The range has now been discontinued.

Electrolux also had the gall to tell us if we had bought our extended warranty through them, they would have replaced the oven after the 3rd repair. They suggested that we purchase another extended warranty through them once ours ran out. Well, that warranty ran out in Dec. 2016. In Sept., 2016, the oven had needed the same repair for the 3rd time. That repair lasted until February of 2017. Two months after our warranty ran out, the same issue occurred for the 4th time.

My husband and I cannot see spending another $500 for an Electrolux warranty, when the company is clearly not standing behind their product, interested in customer satisfaction or safety. We have ordered 2 replacement parts on our own, & will attempt to fix this issue ourselves whenever it occurs. We own a dangerous, $6,000 and counting, Electrolux lemon of an oven. I implore you not to buy Electrolux appliances, especially the 36" E36GF76JPS2. Are there others of you out there like me? Let's start a class action lawsuit. I'm also going to file a report with the Better Business Bureau. This is unacceptable.

I ordered two filters for my refrigerator. When they came they were the wrong ones. I paid with check. I mailed them back (as they had told me to do) got a signature that they received them. That was in October, I have made 9 calls to them, I have received every excuse in the book and still not received a refund 5 months later. They are telling me now they mailed Dec.2 (3 months ago) and I have to be patient. I told them Pony Express could have had it here by now. Will Never buy another product with their name on it.

Worst customer service. Dryer just knots everything together and lint catcher seems to grab straps on clothing and rips them off. Cannot get the musty smell out of the washer even with front load washer cleaners. Does not honor the extended warranty. Would never buy anything from Electrolux again.

I purchased my Electrolux french door refrigerator from sears in 2015 and have had problems ever since. It does not keep as cold as it should and randomly stops cooling. The thermometer on the door shows a constant 34 but a thermometer placed on the shelf shows approx 48 depending on the location in the fridge. Then randomly every couple months or so the high temp alarm will go off and the fridge gets warm. Technicians have replaced control boards and tested everything but cannot figure it out. Best they can tell the evaporator is freezing up but they don't know why. We have a mini fridge in our kitchen to keep our dairy and other delicate groceries in. That's just sad, we trust the $100 fridge but can't trust the $2500 one.

They have highly rated products but the service is just awful. Bought through Sears a brand new 8 ft gas dryer (EFMG617STT) and it started making a noise right after installation. The installation person told us the noise would go away. Over 3 months the noise turned into a vibration until we couldn't run it. Had signed up for the Electrolux Platinum Star Limited Warranty so called up and they sent out a service repair company (All County Appliance Service) who determined it needed a blower wheel and motor. It has now been 2 weeks without them being able to fix the dryer.

My wife has spent more than 10 hours on the phone tracking it down and no-one can tell where the parts are and when they can fix it. It turns out the repair company has a 1 star rating on Yelp and they don't even answer the phone most of the time and when they do, they refer to Electrolux regarding sending the parts. Electrolux (we have talked to 3 different people) say they have many clients except us and we need to wait. When we contacted Sears (which we have 3 times and they hanged up last time) they say we need to contact Electrolux. Never seen anything like this...ever. Especially when you pay $1200 for a top of the line appliance.

Expert Review

Jonathan TroutConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Jonathan Trout believes having access to free, comprehensive information on products and businesses is vital to making smart purchasing decisions. He focuses his efforts on researching and reviewing multiple brands across a variety of industries, with the goal of writing unbiased buyers guides to help inform consumers on impending purchases.    More about Jonathan→

Electrolux is known for making kitchen, laundry and home care appliances. They also make 12 sizes of chest freezer ranging in size from 3.5 to 28 cubic feet.

• 3.5 cubic foot freezer: This is the smallest chest freezer made by Electrolux. It comes with one removable wire basket, mechanical temperature control, manual defrosting and a safety lock. It has a four-star energy rating.
  • 7.0 cubic foot freezer: This is one of Electrolux’s midsize chest freezers. It features a mechanical temperature control, interior light, manual defrost, a recessed handle and a safety lock. It also includes adjustable legs. It comes with a four-star energy rating.
  • 14.8 cubic foot freezer: The 14.8 cubic foot chest freezer has a four-star energy rating, four wire baskets for convenient storage and a safety lock. It has a mechanical temperature control, an external handle and a quick-freeze setting.
  • 28 cubic foot freezer: This is the largest chest freezer Electrolux makes. It has a four-star energy rating and manual defrost. The temperature can be set to as low as -12 degrees. It features six wheels, a safety lock, two baskets and flat back to fit against any wall.
  • Upright freezers: Electrolux makes three models of upright freezers. Two have a capacity of 13.7 cubic feet and come in white or stainless steel. The other model is 8 cubic feet and comes in white. The feature electric control panels, wire storage baskets and quick-freeze options.
  • Best for consumers looking for an upright or chest freezer.

Compare Chest Freezers