2. Homeowners

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Electrolux Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Electrolux?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Electrolux?

Original review: Nov. 12, 2020

First appointment canceled / no show. Second call canceled with no show.... Customers "I'm not sure what happened". Second appointment was scheduled for 11.11.2020 8 - 12pm. Tech: 12:17pm - I should be there 1:30 - 2:00pm. Me: 12.20pm - Thank you. Me: 3:32pm - ETA? Tech: No responds.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

We purchased an Electrolux washer and dryer in April of 2019 because our plumber installed the washer connection on the right side of our laundry room. Electrolux was the only system that offered a reversible door on the washer. We have owned an LG washer and dryer since 2005 and like that brand, but were stuck with the situation. The dryer is a stunning example of lousy engineering and lousy quality control. The door ledge is deep, so the spinning motion of the dryer dumps lighter-weight clothes like socks and T-shirts onto the ledge, which covers the lint filter opening which causes poor air circulation. To fix that, the company installed a larger vane that apparently tries to fix the problem by scooping the clothes off the filter. It works with larger items, not with smaller.

The second failure is the moisture sensor, which sits near the lint filter, facing up. It is fairly large. Since the clothes do not properly circulate in the dryer and end up on top of the lint filter, they end up on top of the moisture sensor. The wet clothes stay in circulation because they are heavier. The lighter clothes that dry faster end up falling on the lint filter and sensor, so the dryer thinks the load is dry and signals the end of cycle. We often have to run three or more cycles to dry the clothes.

The electronic control board failed within a few months of the dryer being installed. The touch sensors would not work. When the service tech came out to replace it, he said that it was a common problem with the machines, and demonstrated sliding a finger across the button we wanted to active when the panel stopped responding. He also suggested using the timed drying feature rather than the sensor options because of the poor design of the sensor. He replace the panel, which then failed again about 6 months later. This time, the timed option stopped working; it's stuck on 30 minutes. A few weeks ago, the washer decided to join in the fray. It will not dispense fabric softener. Apparently the control that turns on the water spray over the dispenser is not working, so we have a cup full of softener sitting there.

In 15 years of owning LG appliances (the first set from 2005 to 2016, the second set from 2106 to now - both are in our primary home) we have had more service calls on the Electrolux garbage in 18 months of service than 15 years for LG. We begged Electrolux to take the appliances back, but they refused. It appears that their primary profit comes from selling extended warranty service, which costs a significant percentage of the original purchase price. Bottom line: Electrolux products should stay in the showroom, not in your laundry room.

Get buying tips about Freezers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

I do not recommend at all buying from this company. My fridge Doesnt last more than 3 months. Water leakage, rusty and rude customer service people to deal with and no refund or exchange on my product. I'm left with nothing.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

We bought an Electrolux washing machine, front loader, almost a year ago. It started leaking 11 months into our ownership. Three calls later to Electrolux, we now have had multiple parts replaced and even the motor replaced. Now the technician is telling us that he has to again replace the same part he replaced a month ago. It's complete garbage! A total lemon! Never buy!!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2020

Their support is super ignorant and useless. We paid their expensive insurance and their unit broke. We are almost 2 months without a working unit and literally have spent close to the same amount in getting our clothes laundered vs. buying a new unit. So frustrating. We have a child that needs sanitized clothes due to a health issue. Their support is so ignorant and do not care. They got a part in and scheduled the first appointment, took almost 1 month. Then the guys got here and said, "Oh the part is broken." So you think they would expediate, right? Well no, now we are waiting another month. DO NOT BUY THEIR PRODUCT OR EXTENDED SERVICES. HORRIBLE COMPANY.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

I have a 6 month old $800+ upright Frigidaire freezer made by Electrolux, after less than 3 months it quit working, lost hundreds of dollars worth of food. It's now been in non working condition 3 months even after 5 service calls. This freezer has been sitting in my home in NON-WORKING condition for 3 months now. Electrolux agreed to replace it in August... The first date they scheduled this delivery on Sept. 8th, they never showed up or called. They again rescheduled for today, September 21st and now I'm being told they can't deliver it today. I've lost countless hours with customer service, hundreds of dollars worth of food, two days loss of work waiting for delivery of the replacement that didn't show up. It's the worse experience I have ever had with an appliance in my life. The customer service is even worse than the garbage products they sell! Run!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

When I moved into my home in 2015, I bought a suite of Electrolux appliances: french door refrigerator, dishwasher, range. The refrigerator is so poorly designed that I had it serviced 5 times in the first year for faulty icemaker in the main part of the refrigerator. Every time you opened the door, it warmed up and the ice thawed a bit and froze solid. 5 years later, the compressor died, and I have a pile of junk. The range oven doesn't heat properly, the dishwasher stinks inside, all the appliances came with heatshrunk plastic on all the surfaces that stripped the finish off when you removed it, the doors of each appliances had dents. I am disgusted with the lot, and have no recourse but to continue using them until I can afford to replace them. I am so sorry I wasted my money and my confidence in what I thought was a good brand. Don't be fooled by a pretty face!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

Updated on 09/03/2020: It is now September 3, 2020 and I have finally been able to write to 2 people at Electrolux (Mira and Melissa) about my Frigidaire Refrigerator issues. Even though I have been told the people I wrote would get back to me (5 days ago), I have heard nothing from anyone at Electrolux/Frigidaire. The staff refuse to provide contact information to anyone above "Supervisor" and I've been at this since receiving this defective fridge in May 2020. I am frustrated that I've spent so much money and wasted so much time trying to resolve issues that should not exist in a "new" product.

Original Review: I bought a Frigidaire Professional refrigerator from HOME DEPOT who broke the door upon delivering it. They replaced it with another unit which was defective. The defective unit was replaced with a unit with defective parts again. Electrolux and HOME DEPOT insisted that it be repaired, not replaced. They sent out a tech three times then advised me that they approved a replacement weeks prior. That was on July 29, 2020. The (3rd) replacement was authorized on July 8 (without notifying me). It is now August 20, 2020 and I find myself once again on hold for over an hour to be told Sherine at HOME DEPOT can't find the information and can't help me that I need to call another dept.

I called the other dept. who said I had to deal with HOME DEPOT.... Yes, I spent hours and hours calling these companies only to be placed on hold for hours and I am still having to wait for them to figure this out. My review is about the really long wait times on hold (today only it was 2hrs and 17 minutes in total), the fact that too often they don't know how to use the phone and say that there are phone system issues "today". Too often they are rude and unhelpful. Consumers need to think long and hard about who they buy from. Too often big companies are buying the competition and limiting consumers options, then remove quality of service. It's time the consumer speaks up or stop buying crappy product from companies who don't care to provide care.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2020

Electrolux customer service is terrible. The Electrolux refrigerator we bought malfunctioned shortly after it was installed. They’ve failed to promptly repair it and their customer service people have hung up on us, lied, kept us on hold for numerous hours - all while insisting they are doing a great job. Don’t believe them. Nothing fixed and no end date in sight.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

We bought a refrigerator in November 2018, needed to change the whole complete cooling system in February 2019, and we are now waiting for a technician in August 2020 because our food is freezing. Very bad customer service, hard to reach someone: tried to called a lot of times and was told by a machine to call back because the lines were too busy. When I reached someone, VERY rude, she didn’t seems to want to help me. The date for a technician was 1 to 2 weeks after the call. Very far when you got 4 kids to feed and food is wasting everyday in the expensive fridge that we bought 2 years ago. Very very disappointed. I do NOT recommend this brand to anyone.

Electrolux author review by Jonathan Trout

Electrolux is known for making kitchen, laundry and home care appliances. They also make 12 sizes of chest freezer ranging in size from 3.5 to 28 cubic feet.

• 3.5 cubic foot freezer: This is the smallest chest freezer made by Electrolux. It comes with one removable wire basket, mechanical temperature control, manual defrosting and a safety lock. It has a four-star energy rating.

• 7.0 cubic foot freezer: This is one of Electrolux’s midsize chest freezers. It features a mechanical temperature control, interior light, manual defrost, a recessed handle and a safety lock. It also includes adjustable legs. It comes with a four-star energy rating.

• 14.8 cubic foot freezer: The 14.8 cubic foot chest freezer has a four-star energy rating, four wire baskets for convenient storage and a safety lock. It has a mechanical temperature control, an external handle and a quick-freeze setting.

• 28 cubic foot freezer: This is the largest chest freezer Electrolux makes. It has a four-star energy rating and manual defrost. The temperature can be set to as low as -12 degrees. It features six wheels, a safety lock, two baskets and flat back to fit against any wall.

• Upright freezers: Electrolux makes three models of upright freezers. Two have a capacity of 13.7 cubic feet and come in white or stainless steel. The other model is 8 cubic feet and comes in white. The feature electric control panels, wire storage baskets and quick-freeze options.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team