1.04/5
Based on 66 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

660 Electrolux Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 26, 2018

Client purchased Microwave range hood model number (ME16H702SES) Serial number (078N7WTJ301913R) approximately 11/25/2015. After approximately 20 hours of use over the period of a year or so the keyboard on the door was nonresponsive. Flashed 12:00 repeatedly but touchpad would not respond. Electrolux Frigidaire, through their automated response system, supplied the name of a appliance repair company, Best Aid Appliances Service (760-494-6444). We contacted Best Aid Appliances on 1/15/2016. According to the receipt I have. They said they would let us know when somebody will be able to come out and inspect the microwave. A few weeks went by and we agreed on a appointment. They said they are free would be $150. And we had to charge us $75 for a diagnosis fee and $75 upon the repair of the microwave. Over the course of a month or so they arrived three times. Each time they were sent a defective part.

After the third time they said they would order a new one and they would contact us in two weeks. We never heard from them. We called Frigidaire. They apologized and referred us to another appliance repair company. This company was Michael's Appliance Corporation. Phone number 818-609-0912. Michael's Appliance Repair tech came over. He was very professional and a well informed gentleman. He made three visits, each time Electrolux Frigidaire concessions sent him a defective part. He suggested I need to contact Electrolux Frigidaire and inform them about once again a defective part. He asked me to contact him when Electrolux Frigidaire sent me a new door. The new door arrived. The gentleman came back. We installed the door and once again the touch controls for a non-responsive. Once again we received a defective product or part.

After speaking on the phone with Frigidaire Electrolux tech-support they informed me that the product now is out of warranty and they would not take responsibility for any defective parts they sent me prior and they could no longer assist me with the repair of their product. I explained, "You have been sending me defective parts for nine months." So we have a product we paid $602 for plus a $75 diagnostic fee and still we do not have a functioning product???

Original review: July 25, 2018

My preference is NO STAR, but that's not an option. I paid $263.95 for an extended warranty only to have the tech come out and tell me the unit (refrigerator) was built defective and would need to be replaced. I waited a couple of days and received an email letting me know I need to contact the delivery company and pay an additional $169 to have the defective product removed and deliver a new unit. Electrolux sells you junk and wants more money to replace it. I called the delivery company and they are telling me, "your unit is here, but it's on hold". I asked the person on the other end of the line, "so now what?" The response was, "Call Electrolux to find out why it's on hold."

So I call and the person tells me he wants to contact the original customer service person I spoke to and figure out what's going on. He asked if I paid the $169 and I told him no. He confirmed my number and said he would call me back. 3 hours later no call, so I decide to call Electrolux back to see what's going on. I wait on hold for 15 minutes because of the heavy volume of calls. The customer service rep answers and I explain to her what's going on and her response is, they must have gone home for the day is why I never heard back. This is NOT CUSTOMER SERVICE! She tells me she needs my consent to release the product and I will pay on good faith once the replacement unit is delivered.

I call back to the delivery company and tell them what I just did and now they are telling me, "No, we do not take payment" and I need to call Electrolux! I told her this doesn't make any sense and the woman said she will send Electrolux non-customer service department an email to figure out what's going on. I asked if I could at least get my name on their delivery schedule and she said no, as long as the product is on hold she cannot do that and here I am, SUPER FRUSTRATED and have no idea what's going to happen next. I will NEVER BUY from Electrolux again and will NEVER RECOMMEND them to anyone. I hope this gets out to as many people as possible and makes some kind of sense.

Get expert buying tips about Freezers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 22, 2018

I purchased a set of Electrolux washer and dryer. I have to say, "What junk?" After fixing the washing 3 times in the 3 yrs we had it we decided to leave it at the curb. And now we are on our 2nd heating element for the dryer in 3 yrs. Stay away from these products.

Original review: July 20, 2018

Refrigerator less than 10 years old. Have replaced icemaker 3 times and still not working. Repairman says very difficult to get parts. Laredo Appliance repair waiting 4 months for an Icemaker part. Now freezer stopped working. Bad bad product. Purchasing ice every week. Expensive.

Original review: July 16, 2018

Wall oven EI30EW48TS - Received late winter brand new, doors misaligned, purchased for steam cycle and steam cycle does not work at all. Seller does nothing, manufacturer wants to charge us to only "repair" new item. Should be replaced.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Electrolux?

Original review: July 11, 2018

We purchased the newest gas dryer from them. It arrived damaged. We began this hell of trying to get a working unit in June 7. Everything is in business days ranging from a fictional 3-5 to 7-10. There are no customer service managers or supervisors who will call you back, to get a reply from them is 1-2 business days and the excuse is so and such was going to call you tomorrow. On June 18 we were told a unit would be delivered and installed for us. We were told they were en route to the warehouse and we would have one as soon as they got to the warehouse. It’s July 10, still nothing, never a call from anyone and on July 9th we were told they had a unit but refused to ship it to us for fear of damage to the unit. This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. The original unit came in a undamaged box, it was next to the washer and the washer was in mint condition.

The Dryer on the other hand was boxed and shipped damaged. Its box had no signs of stress, no holes or openings and showed no signs of rebounding. The packaging material inside the box was also in perfect condition. Nothing was compressed or broken as if to show signs of absorbing a fall. The machine is gouged and the top of the machine is not attached to the body of the unit. Someone at Electrolux allowed the unit to ship out broken. We have been trying to get resolve for over a month and no one seems to care at Electrolux. There is zero sense of urgency and zero words or apology or empathy. This is one of the worst if not the worst experience of buying a product, I absolutely regret buying these appliances from them.

Original review: June 26, 2018

We bought a suite of Electrolux appliances when we moved into our new home, 6 in all and within 5 years all but two failed with another on its way out. First to go was the Dryer first indicated by an error code. Next was their top of the line oven stove Microwave followed by the Dishwasher and not long after came the failure of the Refrigerator. The digital display on the stove is no longer readable. That leaves the Washer which for the life of me I can’t understand why it’s still working. We’ve replaced all of them needless to say with other brands. Never again Electrolux.

Original review: June 19, 2018

I have one of the most expensive refrigerators from Electrolux (ICON). After 5 years I need a new one and all Electrolux will do is give me a 20% off a new one. I would never do business with them again. Don't buy from them unless you want to replace your product in a short time.

Original review: June 13, 2018

All 3 of our kitchen appliances are worthless. They are only 3.5 years old and need new fridge, dishwasher and oven. We spent almost $7K. They are falling apart and spending lots of money repairing them. Of course the warranties are no good. I have tried to call Electrolux several times and they won't stand by their products! Never, ever buy Electrolux appliances!!

Original review: June 13, 2018

Beware of Electrolux/Frigidaire french door freezer/frig. I have had nothing but problems with my unit. From the day it was delivered it has had door sealing issues which lead to me loosing all my food in the freezer twice. The back of the unit has a water leak through the ice maker lines which has frozen up and rusted the ENTIRE back panel of frig/freezer. The temperature control panel goes haywire and change the temperature which leads to food going bad. I contacted Electrolux customer service as well as their corporate office in Sweden. They basically told me they would do nothing to assist in rectifying all my issues. I even had the repair company that was sent out through my extended warranty company (Lowe's) tell me the unit needed to be replaced but Electrolux still did nothing. I will never buy another Electrolux/Frigidaire product again!!

Original review: June 8, 2018

Bought Electrolux Luxcare front loader washer in August 2017. Almost every load the washer is off balance. It really makes noise and vibrates. We have to push it back into place! We have had two repairmen look at it. They can't seem to find the problem. Very disappointed in Electrolux. Wish I had my old washer back! Will never buy Electrolux again!

Original review: June 7, 2018

I bought an Electrolux washer three years ago. Nothing but problems. It has been down FOUR times. Last couple had water on my floor an inch deep. Two of us, hardly used. Electrolux could care less. Spoke with four reps and the best they could do was tell me get an extended warranty. I had one last year and it took 2 weeks for them to fix it, a 10 minute job. PLEASE- never buy Electrolux products; they do not service their products and they are lemons.

Original review: June 5, 2018

Purchased brand new front load ElFLS60LTI Electrolux washer and dryer July 2015. Washer leaking from underneath and called service repair company. Back metal wheel with rubber belt had continually been cutting away into the back of the drum and carved out a hole where water leaked out. There was plenty of shredded strips of the rubber belt at bottom of the unit due to half of the belt eroding away as it was carved into the back of drum with the metal wheel. Not worth money to repair.

I took photos and called Electrolux customer service and asked for a discount toward a new washer or even a used washer since this one was in use for only 2.5 years. The answer was "NO". They suggested I shop around for deals. They did offer me 50% off any parts. Nothing toward labor. So I might as well buy a new washing machine. How about offering me 50% off a washer since this clearly was a defect. Anyway, I will never purchase an Electrolux product again.

Original review: June 4, 2018

We bought a new Electrolux double oven in 2011. In the last year, 2017-2018, we have had to replace TWICE the timer, the power relay, and the varispeed board. We now have the code F14 occurring whenever the oven reaches the temperature which causes the oven to turn off... Our repairman said it is not worth fixing a 3rd time because of faulty electronics. Do not buy this oven.

Original review: May 14, 2018

6 Appliances, 12 problems, expensive solutions: We built this new home about 5 years ago. It's just the two of us and our dog. In the past 5 years we use the home about 7 months of the year. Every single appliance has had problems, too many to outline. Some of the problems Electrolux has no fix for other than expensive parts to fix parts that they knew did not work. More problems are on the way, as our microwave has stopped rotating and our freezer is making a funny noise as well as the fan in the convection oven is making sounds that it did not make before. These are all top of the line appliances that should last more than a couple of years of use. However Electrolux does not agree or care. I am going to start a class action lawsuit in Canada against them, my email is **. Write me if you would like to join in.

Original review: May 3, 2018

We recently purchased an Electrolux Oven. The unit came highly recommend on several sites online. The unit arrived with damage, including a defective control panel. Electrolux was initially very friendly and professed a desire to do whatever was needed to fix the unit. In the end, they admitted that they had no parts for the oven and would have to manufacture some. It would take at least a month. They then discussed replacing the oven, but decided it needed to be repaired at least once. Of course there were no parts to repair it. In the end, they did nothing. So we bought another oven. Customer service gets an F.

Original review: April 27, 2018

Thought Electrolux made a good washing machine and I was wrong! This machine was purchased in 2015 and hardly used for the first year. Started using it in 2016, and last year. Now, just found out the bearings are broken (they are plastic), and the machine needs to be junked. Junked! I had a much cheaper Maytag that was around for like ten years. After speaking to the repair guy, I was told that this is common with this machine. That is why I felt compelled to go here and write this review. I know I won't get any result or credit, the thing only has a 1-year warranty. But if I can help one person not buy this POS. Then I would feel better. Companies should not get rewarded for poorly designed products.

Original review: April 27, 2018

I bought a new home last July of 2017 and had a allowance for the range. I wanted a dual oven so they let me upgrade to one. I paid the builder the difference from the allowance I was already paying. The oven has not worked since I got it. Electrolux (Frigidaire) made me go through 7 visits from repair companies (2) and neither could resolve the issue. Electrolux does not make the same model to replace it so I asked for my money back. They will not pay me the full amount but only the addition to my allowance which is only HALF what I paid for it!!! I sent in the paperwork to prove I paid that much and they still refuse. I have lost wages and gas from all the repair visits. I cannot replace my oven for what they will give me. Terrible, terrible company and customer service!!! They said in writing that they would refund the full purchase price.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I have had FOUR refrigerators in Seven years! I bought the first one which was replaced by Electrolux followed by the same thing for a total of 3 times. Unfortunately this last time when the brand new replacement came, it worked for a few hours and then quit, leaving me with ruined food and no refrigerator at all for more than two weeks!! Yes, we have had Electrolux replace their poor quality French door refrigerator but it takes months of calls and repair people visits to come to that. Imagine doing this FOUR times in Seven Years. I am so over. I wake up every day and pray the brand new one is still running!!

Original review: April 7, 2018

When I first bought the side by side Frigidaire Fridge, upon delivery the delivery guys dropped it, and broke the leveler. I called Home Depot, I wanted a replacement so that I wouldn't have problems later on, they would not replace it because I didn't call within 48 hrs, I missed it by 2 hrs. They did repair it. 11 months later it stopped cooling. I called HD, they scheduled a tech from a local company to come out to service it, two weeks go by and have not heard anything. I call HD and ask when they were going to come out, HD gives me the number to call the service co. I call, they said they cant get out for another week, OK fine. On the night before they were to come, they call me said it would be another week. They said they were really busy and couldn't come out to even see what was wrong with it and didn't know when they could.

My guess is that warranty work is not a priority. I called HD, and asked if there was someone else who could service, they set up another company. Another week goes by, I hear nothing, I call HD, they give me the company's phone number and told me to call, they tell me I should be getting a call by the end of the day. However they will give me the number in case they don't.

I asked if they had all the information or if I need a reference number for them? They said, "No, I spoke to them and it is all set, they know all about it and they assured me they will take care of you." They didn't call, I call them the next day. I said to the owner, "You should have been contacted by HD, they said that they gave you all the information about what needs to be done," he says, "About what?" I said, "My fridge," "Yeah I got a call but I'm not doing it, I won't do any warranty work for Electrolux, they owe me money," he went on cursing, cursing and cursing at Electrolux that I had to cut him off and hang up.

I call HD again, I say, "I thought this was all set up with this company," also why they would Electrolux use a company who won't do warranty work and bad mouths them? They really need to find dealers who will support them. I would be embarrassed to send a customer to a company like that. HD looks up another company, another company and asked me to call them, I say, "Wait a minute, first of all you wouldn't even know that the fridge is getting repaired, you call the service companies however you don't follow-up to see if it was actually fixed and that I'm satisfied, I don't get that? I'm the one that has to call you to tell you that I'm having issues, you are relying on your customers to tell you." They said they would call the 3rd company.

A week later, I call HD, no one has contacted me, they call the service company, and call me back, they tell me I should be getting a call by the end of the day. However they will give me their number in case they don't. I call them the next day, they said they would come out in two days, and they do. They determine it is a line leak, they said they don't do leak repairs. I'm now 2 months into this with no fridge and $450.00 of spoiled food. I call HD, they said they would call Electrolux. Another week goes by, I call HD, they tell me that they are trying to get it replaced but Electrolux has to approve it. Another week goes by, HD calls me, Electrolux approved replacement because they couldn't get it fixed, we have to wait for the paperwork.

Another week goes by, I get a call from Electrolux, they asked where I bought it, I ask why they needed that and said Home Depot, he said, "Because we go back to the same company who you bought it from." I'm thinking, you should have already known this, you have been talking to them and approved it. 2 more weeks go by, I don't hear anything, I call HD to see when it is going to be delivered, they have nothing in their system, they have to call me back, two days later I call HD, still can't find me in their system, HD conference calls Electrolux, Electrolux said they ordered it through Lowe's because HD doesn't keep them in stock. Electrolux said I should have received a call by now from Lowes, I'm sure they will call you in the next day. Another week goes by, I get a voicemail from Lowe's, they want me to provide a receipt, they don't have it in stock it has to be special ordered.

I call the Electrolux Corporate Supervisor who I had been talking to up until this time. Her voice mail kicks in, she is on vacation and leaves a phone number and message and to ask for a supervisor at that number. I'm 3 months into this. I call the number and I told the Electrolux Rep on the phone I wanted to talk to the supervisor, she said, "Ok, but first I need to update our system then I will transfer you," she ask me if it was a side by side, I said yes, she then said that, "Lowe's should be in contact with you, have they contacted you," I said, "I wanted to talk to a supervisor, she went on and told me I need to call Lowe's and that they will get it delivered." I asked for her supervisor again, she said, "Sir I'm telling you what you need to do," (Isn't it great when they TELL you what you need to do, instead of doing it for you).

I said, "You don't know the story, I already made contact with Lowe's and it has all changed, that's why I want to talk to your supervisor, in fact I was told to talk to your supervisor, get me your supervisor," she said that it might take a minute, I said, "I have been waiting for 3 months, what's another minute to me, let me talk to your supervisor," "Ok sir one minute," she transfers me, the supervisor comes on, I tell her the story, (It is also noted in their system). She could care less, I said, "I have been without a refrigerator for 3 months, how much time should a person have to wait?" She immediately replied, in a condescending tone, "Well I had to wait for things too," I asked her, "What does that have to do with me?" She said, "Well sir, I'm just saying..." I respond, "I could care less. I need a fridge." I said, "Lowe's wants a receipt before replacing the fridge," she said "Yes, they need that."

I said, "They want a HD receipt?" "Yes they can request that," I explain that I bought it online and I didn't have it, she said, "You have to have it to get a replacement." I said, "You guys (Electrolux) already approved a replacement, you called Lowe's and gave them a PO?" She said it was out of her hands and that it was up to Lowe's, "You need to call Lowe's." Throughout the call her tone was very condescending, as if she didn't want to help. I then asked for her supervisor, she said O.K. However if I wanted her to she would call Lowe's while I was on the phone, I said, "What is that going to do if you are telling me I have to have a receipt for them to have them order it through you?" I asked for her supervisor again, she transfers me to a supervisor who I had already been working with, the one on vacation whose message said to call her.

Why transfer a person when the person isn't in? This is just a small, very small account of what it takes before you get a replacement or even an answer. I still don't have a replacement, I have made numerous calls, promises broken, my father has even called. I'm not even sure if proper training would be beneficial? Based on the fridge being a special order, best estimate to receive the replacement is 4 months. That's if they don't need a receipt. And keep in mind, HD and Electrolux both have in their systems the broken fridge's serial, model number and the date which it was purchased. Furthermore Electrolux Corporate has already approved a replacement and has given Lowe's a P.O. number. One last thing, they want to charge me to Haul their broken refrigerator away.

UPDATE 4/18:

Another week goes by, Lowes tells me they are having a difficult time getting the correct information from Electrolux. I call Electrolux and talk to a different Corp. supervisor, someone in their “Escalation” department, she states that they should not have set this up with Lowes since I didn’t buy it from Lowes and now must go back to Home Depot. However they are also trying to find another retail store to take care of it? She said that my original supervisor I had worked with will call me the following Monday to update me. I get the call on Monday afternoon, the original Corp supervisor tells me that the replacement should never have been processed through Lowes, and that she has idea why it was given to Lowes. I told her that she new I bought it from HD and that I even questioned her on why they would use Lowes? She didn’t know, she said that replacement will be coming from a third party, A third party I asked, so its not coming from HD? She said it looks like its coming from one of our warehouses and we just need to find a delivery company? She said she would contact me once they have it ready to be delivered. Very close to 4 months now from when I first called. My question to Electrolux is this? How long should their customers have to wait to be taken care of, 10 days, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 8months and 1year? Please tell your customers, do you keep benchmark numbers, goals, do you track, do you care? Why do you not give apologies or be sympathetic? Also, since returns, damages, replacements, warranty work is part of doing business, why would you not use it to gain customer loyalty? This is what you do for a living. One last question to Electrolux, it’s not my job to do yours, or is it? My best guess to have a replacement is now 5 months.

Update to follow.

Original review: April 2, 2018

After having multiple appliances replaced (double over, dishwasher, refrigerator doors, wine cooler and beverage center doors), and 7! separate trips to my house by a service tech, we still have nothing but problems. Their customer service doesn't seem to care. When ordering replacement filters, they can’t even get this right. Horrible company, horrible service, rotten product.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I purchased a Front loader Electrolux brand washer and dryer on February 19 from Home Depot for a President's Day sale. I was given a delivery date on March 3. Four days before they were supposed to deliver, Electrolux called me and asked if they could deliver on March 31, because my dryer was back ordered and they would only deliver them together. I told them that was very inconvenient because I had no other washer and dryer and I had a 6 month old baby. I asked them what I should do. They told me to call Home Depot.

Home Depot was helpful, they said they would reimburse me $300 the cost it would be for laundry service. On March 28, I called Electrolux to make sure they were delivering my washer/dryer on the 31st. They told me that again my dryer was backordered and they would not be delivering it until May 16. They said there was nothing they could do that I would have to contact Home Depot for any help. I asked if they were planning on just not calling me and letting me sit around all day waiting for my delivery to not happen and she said, "Well, we try and contact our customers but we don't always get to everyone." Needless to say, I'm fuming angry and I am going to try and cancel my order and find something else.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I refuse to give them any stars... My new fridge has had problem from day one. Ice maker not functioning properly, water keeps dripping from the dispenser, the freezer is not aligned. Have had so many service calls from the first day still when you try speaking with the Electrolux contact center (somewhere in US) only answer that you get is, "We can't do anything. You will have to call for service as until THEY think it can be repaired." Pls don't waste your money & time in buying Frigidaire/Electrolux products. Worst products.

Original review: March 23, 2018

Awful experience with model #EFME517SIW 8.0 cu. (Electrolux Dryer 2016) .The front door rattles at very high decibels as does the flimsy rear panel. We can't stand the noise and disruption within our home. Called Electrolux and they claimed that after one year, there is no warranty coverage for this issue. Unfortunately, we purchased the washer/dryer set while the home was under renovations and were unable to use the appliances for several months. By the time we used the appliances, the horrible rattling started, but warranty ended. My former GE clothes dryer worked perfectly and quietly for 10 years, never requiring service. I'll never purchase from Electrolux again and will tell post as many reviews as possible about their poorly made and overpriced clothes dryer.

Original review: March 23, 2018

Purchased Electrolux fridge model EI123BC361IS in 2010. Yesterday noticed not cooling. After troubleshooting it was determined light switch not functioning which resulted with bulbs (4) staying actively lit after doors closed. The bulbs super heated fridge causing internal temp to read 99 degrees. The heat from the bulbs melted a hole in internal plastic wall exposing styrofoam insulation. Partially melted another hole over another light. Lower bulbs turned sockets dark brown and also began to melt plastic there as well. Contacted customer service said machine not under warranty. No kidding, I told them not really interested in warranty, I wanted to let them know it poses a fire threat. Their response was to advise me to call a technician and examine it. I suggested to them they should send out a representative at their own expense and forwarded photos to them. Did not get the impression they really care and were not very helpful.

Original review: March 13, 2018

DON’T EVER BUY ELECTROLUX APPLIANCES! September 2015 is when we purchased a new Electrolux dishwasher to replace our very old dishwasher probably over 30 years old. Never had a problem with the old dishwasher. It served its purpose but could not run anymore. We were excited to buy a new dishwasher hoping that it would sanitize and clean dishes better. Since we got the new Electrolux dishwasher in September 2015, it has broken down 6 times. Also does not clean well and I rinse everything before I place in dishwasher. It’s only 2.5 years old.

Called Electrolux over 20 times getting it repaired and begging them to replace the dishwasher because we were sold a lemon. Every time they denied replacing it. There are a few inconsiderate rude Electrolux agents that I talked to and lied to me. I have been lied to many times by Electrolux agents and they keep their stories straight. I record everything; calls, notes, confirmation numbers. Horrible customer service!

Original review: March 12, 2018

All my Electrolux appliances broke down. The dryer quit and had to replace the motherboard. The microwave broke and replaced it with another over the range microwave and the handle broke within few months. Then last week my Electrolux dishwasher caught fire. It was the motor that caught fire and spread to the insulation. The fire department came and put out the fire and whole house was damaged with smoke. Insurance is handling the claim and I had to pay the $1000 deductible and the dishwasher is not covered by the insurance. It was a loss close to 10 grand. Electrolux wasn't even ready to pay someone to come and do an inspection and I had to pay an authorized repairman to come and submit the report to Electrolux. He is coming tomorrow to do the inspection. I am really frustrated with Electrolux appliances and their accountability.

Original review: March 10, 2018

When reading the following please keep in mind that all of it occurs from 1/13/16 through 1/3/17 - a period of less than 1 year. During this period, service technicians were at our house 13 times! In addition to that time, we also spent HUNDREDS of hours on the phone with Electrolux, Frigidaire and appliance repair companies.

We purchased from Sears a Frigidaire standalone freezer. The freezer was less than 1 year old when problems started which didn't bode well for the future so we purchased a 3-year extended warranty from Electrolux which handles the warranties for Frigidaire. The freezer continually developed icicles inside the door, the drain continued to freeze and condensation had nowhere to go, so thick sheets of ice then formed and built up on the bottom of the freezer to the extent that the slide-out drawer was frozen solid and could not be utilized until the frost-free freezer was defrosted to release the drawer. This required that we find a place for all of the food that was in the freezer while it defrosted.

At one point the freezer stopped (while we were out of town) and we came home to more than $1,000 of food loss and a smell that still is not completely gone. Of course, that loss was not covered by Electrolux or Frigidaire. The extended warranty covers replacement of the appliance as a "lemon" if a part fails at least 3 times AND a repair tech says it can't be fixed. Electrolux was able to string us along for more than a year because each time a tech came out for the SAME PROBLEM, they tried to fix it by replacing a different PART and the "lemon" protection only applies if the SAME PART fails 3 times. (Several parts were replaced 2 times.) So they kept replacing different parts to fix the same problem and none of it worked.

The first repair company finally told Electrolux, they couldn't correct the problem and were not going to keep coming out, so Electrolux assigned another company to pursue the problem. That was equally unsuccessful so they tried a third repair company. That third company also told Electrolux the freezer was not able to be fixed. Most service calls required multiple visits because the tech would come out, decide what part needed to be replaced but NEVER had the part in their vehicle so they had to go back and the part had to be ordered requiring another visit for the same service call. The parts almost never came in when expected and the repair companies rarely called to say the parts were in - so we always had to do the follow-up.

Several times a single service call required 3, 4 and once even 5 trips to our house because the tech needed a different part, or there were supposed to be 2 parts but the tech showed up with only one, etc. Each trip required us to be at home and therefore we had to arrange our schedules to accommodate the technician. And we had to be available for a minimum of 4 hours because they only give you a "window" during which a tech will arrive and it was not unusual that the tech was running behind and wouldn't make it during the 4 hour window. On one occasion, the appointment was supposed to be between 8:00 and 12:00 and the tech finally showed up at 7:30 pm - almost 12 hours after the start of the 4-hour window.

We eventually contacted state agencies, which then contacted Electrolux/Frigidaire on our behalf. Electrolux made the following offer: For a delivery/removal charge of $150, they would replace the "lemon" freezer with the EXACT SAME MODEL and, OUR WARRANTY WAS NOT VALID FOR THE NEW FREEZER even though there were still 2 years on the warranty we had already purchased. WE WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER PRODUCT FROM SEARS. We will never purchase an Electrolux or Frigidaire appliance. Choose your appliance carefully!

Original review: March 7, 2018

After 6 months, my Electrolux gas dryer stopped working. Relieved it was still under warranty, I contacted Electrolux. That was a week ago and my dryer is still not repaired. The hold up is that the 2 lb part that the repairman determined was needed is in North Carolina and I live in California. Electrolux has refused to expedite delivery and has sent it via UPS SurePost which will take 8 days. This costs about $10 vs the $37 2-day UPS services costs. More disturbingly, after much insistence on my part, Electrolux agreed to send it via 2-day UPS service but then did not do it.

I have wasted so much time and energy trying to get through to Electrolux customer service agents and then trying to get information out of them. They have gone back and forth telling me stories about the shipping details. Escalating to supervisors has been useless, they, too, make general statements such as, "I understand how frustrating this must be to not have your dryer for a long period of time". The lack of real interest in customer service is shocking and I will never be purchasing Electrolux again. Just wanted to warn other consumers.

Original review: March 2, 2018

Model # E130BM6CPSA. Purchased this Electrolux OTR Microwave with the convection and grill in the hopes that I could get rid of my Breville convection toaster oven from our kitchen counter. Unfortunately no luck in doing that. Purchased Aug.31, 2017 and because the kitchen cupboards had to be modified to accommodate the microwave it sat in the box until Jan. 5, 2018 when it got installed by professional cabinet installers who have done this many times. The microwave works well, however when I went to use the convection cooking function I ended up using it 2X as long as the toaster oven and then had to put it in the toaster oven to actually get past just being warm. Next day I tried to use the grill function to cook 6 small breakfast sausages and they also took 2X as long so I put them in the fry pan to finish.

I call Electrolux customer service and they gave me 3 service companies to contact. We had one of them come and check out the unit and it never got to the temperature he entered on the unit and call Electrolux and the customer service rep he reached said the convection function takes about 40 min to reached the desired temp. (So I can only guess the preheat function is not working, but 40 minutes really.) The service tech then tried again to preheat the convection function and redid it for a 1/2 hour with no luck and call Electrolux a 2nd time that day. The customer service rep said that my expectation for this microwave were too high. Also the customer service rep pointed out to me that the manufacture date on the unit is 2015 and I purchased it in August 2017 so he suggested that I contact Electrolux again and tell them that I am not satisfied with the microwave which I did.

The customer service rep did confirm to me that there was a note on file of my issue and said she would contact someone about my dissatisfaction with the microwave and get back to me the next day. No one called me back and I patiently waited and then finally called them back 2 weeks later and was basically told there is nothing wrong with the microwave and there is nothing they can do. I will never purchase another Electrolux convection/grill microwave and will purchase a Panasonic next time.

Electrolux expert review by Jonathan Trout

Electrolux is known for making kitchen, laundry and home care appliances. They also make 12 sizes of chest freezer ranging in size from 3.5 to 28 cubic feet.

• 3.5 cubic foot freezer: This is the smallest chest freezer made by Electrolux. It comes with one removable wire basket, mechanical temperature control, manual defrosting and a safety lock. It has a four-star energy rating.

• 7.0 cubic foot freezer: This is one of Electrolux’s midsize chest freezers. It features a mechanical temperature control, interior light, manual defrost, a recessed handle and a safety lock. It also includes adjustable legs. It comes with a four-star energy rating.

• 14.8 cubic foot freezer: The 14.8 cubic foot chest freezer has a four-star energy rating, four wire baskets for convenient storage and a safety lock. It has a mechanical temperature control, an external handle and a quick-freeze setting.

• 28 cubic foot freezer: This is the largest chest freezer Electrolux makes. It has a four-star energy rating and manual defrost. The temperature can be set to as low as -12 degrees. It features six wheels, a safety lock, two baskets and flat back to fit against any wall.

• Upright freezers: Electrolux makes three models of upright freezers. Two have a capacity of 13.7 cubic feet and come in white or stainless steel. The other model is 8 cubic feet and comes in white. The feature electric control panels, wire storage baskets and quick-freeze options.

• Best for: consumers looking for an upright or chest freezer.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout

Peoria
IL
www.electroluxappliances.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business