Electrolux

Compare Appliances

Research top Appliances recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

3 calls, 2 separate trips to fix our Frigidaire dishwasher which Electrolux does the installs for on new homes. 3 times the dishwasher has flooded our kitchen floor and all we get a substandard fixes and trite customer service. The home builder said after three times they are supposed to replace the appliance and Electrolux does not want to do that. They only want to send someone out to fix again. Electrolux is only in the business of warrantying and not resolving issues. Don't give them the time of day. Save your breath even if the warranty service is free and go buy a new unit from Lowe's or Home Depot.

DON'T RECOMMEND TO BUY ELECTROLUX PRODUCTS!!! Bought a brand new unit of Electrolux EWT903 XW top loader washing machine last August 2015. This is 9 kg washing machine for 2 person. We also seldom use the machine since we go out of town always. The machine suddenly broke down on October 2016. Call the Electrolux Philippines head office for request to check the machine problem. The service was so bad, that it took more than 3 weeks to schedule to checkup.

The Check up was done on Nov 26, and the service technician advised that the Gate valve below the machine to let the water flow out was damaged. Asked the Service Technician the cause of damage, the service Technician also don't know. Later, the Office call me, and explained the cause of damage may be as ff: 1) Electric fluctuation 2) overload. This 2 reason are so dumb stupid reason, since we seldom use the machine. My conclusion is there must a design problem for this Electrolux EWT903 EW washing machine. DON'T RECOMMEND TO BUY.

The burners are very difficult to adjust particularly the large one. I have had a repairman and gas co. technician attempt to correct but could not. Also the led panel on the top had a led burn out and now the time is incorrect. This was not an inexpensive range.

Purchased a cooktop from Electrolux. Used it for a few weeks and then while in use it cracked. The local Electrolux refused to look at it and said this is a cosmetic issue and they can't do anything about it. However the head office acted and replaced it. The new one has been used for a few weeks and it is pitted all over. I called the local office again and as always they gave a damn about it.

I was rudely told that I am using the wrong type of pots and pans and that I should use only stainless steel pots and pans and that it is mentioned on page 8 of the catalog. When I tried to explain that I am using the same pots and pans on a similar cooktop for 14 years without a problem, she did not want to hear. This means that if you buy an Electrolux cooktop you must change all your pots and pans. Upon looking at the catalog I did not find any such thing restricting me to use stainless steel only. When I told her about some serious injury that could result by using it, her reply was astonishing, "call us after something happens." This shows how much the Electrolux cares about its customers.

My experience with Electrolux appliances is junk, junk, junk!!! I purchase three brand new appliances and they all had to be serviced right out of the packaging!! The french door bottom freezer refrigerator is junk. The ice maker in the bottom drawer was replaced within a month and a half after purchased. The upper ice maker has been replaced once, serviced two more times since then and now needs to be serviced again!! It goes through some type of defrost mode which causes the cubes to melt in both the upper and lower bins, which then drips out of the dispenser in the door and once again it does not make ice. It frosts up behind the ice bin itself which in turn needs to be serviced again to replace some seal. I have always purchased GE appliances and gave Electrolux a try being they are "suppose" to be a higher end appliance. Never, never again would I purchase Electrolux!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Electrolux?

I purchased glass stove top from hhgregg two to three years ago. Purchased five year warranty. I will have to get copy of receipt/warranty or locate. I went to hhgregg and they said I would have to contact Electrolux. I tried emailing and no response. Any info on this product would be appreciated.

Electrolux FFHT2117LWO over-under refrigerator: This was a replacement for our old one under a utility company energy program. It has run OK, but you can't turn the defrost off, and it seems to run a lot. The handles are our biggest problem. We had to remove the bottom door handle because we hit our heads on it a lot-- opening from the left. It seems to be in just exactly the wrong place. Then, when you're rummaging in the main frig cabinet and straighten back up, POW you hit your head on the freezer handle, very painful and the handles have sharp edges, too. I have thought about removing their awful handles and making my own which curve up, from the bottom of the freezer door. They are not reversible. Emails to Electrolux customer service have gone without response.

We bought a new home in 2015. By new, I mean just built. It came with the Electrolux ICON appliances. These appliances are not worth the money. They are poorly constructed and have been repaired several times. They even have safety defects. The Gas cooktop is poorly designed and a danger to all that own it. It needs to be recalled. The burners are placed too far forward and make it impossible to use the front burners. The flames from the burners extend too far out from the base and can easily catch your clothes on fire. The knobs on the gas cook top also turn on by mistake. They easily turn and leak gas if you lightly brush against them. Kids can easily turn them on. These are a real safety issue and need to be recalled.

The ICON dishwasher has been a nightmare. It does not dry the dishes and the control panel is always going out. It just starts flickering and has to be replaced. The fridge is ok but the ice and water dispenser are poorly designed and always leave ice and water falling on the floor. They really need to recall the gas cook top. Parents beware!!!

Always works well, no problems, more expensive but well with it, and it looks great. I shopped around, read a number of reviews and consumer reports, ordered the matching washer/dryer and bases. Installed about 3 years ago, worked fine ever since.

I'm writing this with 5 years of experience watching my appliances fail. It started with the warping of the pan in the built-in range and then the failure of the control assembly for that unit. Beside the fact that the racks are very difficult to slide in and out and don't fit well, I just figured this is just a case of a bad unit. Electrolux paid to have it fixed so I was ok at that point. Then the ice maker in the refrigerator quit working properly. It was intermittent, slow, and finally quit. Electrolux paid for this repair also... like three times. It worked for a while and started the same problem about a year later. I called back in and they said they'd replace the refrigerator... and they did. Later I received a mailing about what I think was a class action suit on this issue so I understand why they were so agreeable to replacement of the refrigerator.

Next up is the dishwasher. Actually I don't believe it ever really worked that well because the touch pad was stubborn from the beginning. So now the touch pad isn't functional except for the start button and the normal button so no other features are available. I've been told that the buttons are probably sticking and it needs a new part. Of course we're now in our 5th year so the warranty is gone, and since I'm going to replace the part, it will be on me if the part doesn't work when it gets here. The only other problem we had with the dishwasher was that something happened with the seal as far as I can tell, and it leaked water, ruining our hardwood floor under the dishwasher, in front of it, and some on the other side of the island. A hardwood guy tells me we'll have to do the whole room to fix the problem effectively. It's easy to see but we're living with it.

Just a couple days ago the microwave went out. No microwave and no convection. Check out the reviews folks, this unit is highly unreliable. I did find that Wolf makes one that will fit perfect for a similar price, actually a little less, and I suspect it will outperform this ICON by a landslide. We bought all these appliances for a new home we built. They looked nice at the time and of course we were "sold" on them. That company isn't in business anymore either. What a mess. I hope this review serves the public well but there are a boatload of reviews on Electrolux and it looks like an average of one star. Please pay attention and save yourself some headaches... buy something else.

Model EIFLW50LIW front load washer. Purchased June 2014. Had required (certified Electrolux) repairman (due to warranty) out several times within the first 12 months. The harness kept shaking loose and tumbler would go off balance and belt popped off. I had to wait a week or two for them to come out and then had to take off from work each time while they fixed it. The last time, they literally had all the parts on my kitchen floor and I asked them why Electrolux just did not send a new machine from the factory. Wasted 5 hours of my day, two repairmen 5 hours and I had to wait for them to come 10 days which meant going over to my mother-in-law's to do laundry.

Now 12 months later the belt popped off again but I noticed that the washer was leaking. It revealed severe rubbing on the plastic which was worn through. This unit never made any rubbing noise, clanking and was not out of balance like the issue previously. I called Electrolux and told them that their "certified" repairmen obviously did something wrong and now it leaks and the harness shakes loose. All they could do for me is give me a break on parts. If your front load washer has belt or harness issues, demand a new one. Repairmen can make Band-Aid fixes only to a poorly manufactured item.

Never buy an appliance from Electrolux. REPEAT: NEVER! When you need to get it serviced, you must use one of their authorized repair people. They recommended a repair service in my area that was horrible. Actually worse than horrible. Rude, no-showed, then late, and really mean people who ripped me off!!! And they never fixed my appliance!! They said it was one problem and quoted a fee. Turns out that was not the problem. Still not fixed. They told me they wanted more money to come back and try to figure out the problem. When I called Electrolux to complain about how rude and expensive they were and I wanted a different repair person, they said, "Too bad, you have to pay the person who came the FULL AMOUNT (including the part they replaced that was not broken)" even if the repair company did not fix my appliance because the repair company made a trip!

Imagine that -- they made a trip and could not fix it and I had to pay over $250. I paid it (like an idiot, I was desperate to get it repaired), and then the totally unhelpful people at the 800 number for Electrolux recommended a different repair service with a different name and phone number. Three days later, I get a call from the second repair company -- turns out it was the same people as the first company -- A TOTAL SCAM -- they said they would not come unless I promised to pay them again!!! Called Electrolux back -- they said, "We cannot control the repair people" Hey Electrolux -- you require me to use your authorized repair people and then don't stand by them. Bottomline, I am an idiot - don't you be one too -- NEVER BUY ELECTROLUX!!

Electrolux owns Frigidaire. We purchased a washer in March of 2015. 8 months later it was replaced with same model. Again 8 months later the washer needs replaced except this time I was informed that the model we had is no longer being manufactured. I asked for a refund or credit to choose something of our choice. Their response to me was that I either accept what they have to offer or case closed. What they had to offer was a machine nowhere close to an equivalent of the one we purchased. It was delivered in August of 2016 and replaced on November 7.

We are now on our 4th washing machine in 18 months. We had a repairman out here on November 14 and November 30 for the same problems the previous machine was having. We now have had this piece of ??? for a month and all they want to do is send another repairman out. Instead of talking to the repairman directly they are wanting me to fill them in on the repairman's diagnosis. I insisted that they talk to them directly and won't do it.

What is the point of having a repairman if they are not going to follow up with them. All I want is a refund of our money so we can go on and not have to deal with them anymore. This machine is Frigidaire's top loader. It has a terrible vibrating sound. Also, the machine shuts off during a cycle and all the panel lights will flash. Another issue is the length of time it takes to wash – 60-90 minutes.

We have been very pleased with our dryer. Overall, it's a very nice dryer. We had to call for service due to not starting but, it was a minor manufacturing issue and fixed within minutes. We are still very happy with the dryer.

Purchased top of the line Electrolux dishwasher in 2010 (cost a fortune) and have cursed the dishwasher each and every time I took the dishes out after washing. Nothing ever came out "sparkling clean" from the first day I used it. The water never was hot enough because the dishwasher didn't have a heating coil to heat the water to a temperature that would give excellent results. I dropped the extended warranty and prayed and hoped it would break down and sure enough 6 years later it did just that. It was the happiest day of my dishwashing life. I promptly went out and bought a Kitchen-aid mid-range dishwasher with 3 drawers. An upper flat rack for utensils and the dishwasher is wonderful. No more Electrolux for me ever.

Narrow refrigerator. Absolutely the WORST APPLIANCE EVER. The first fridge they delivered leaked. The second was damaged. The third didn't last 18 months. When I called for service, they stood up my tenant TWICE. The fridge is an absolutely piece of garbage. Do NOT waste your money. One of the worst service departments EVER. Unfortunately I do not have to paperwork as it is at another location, but I will never EVER buy another Electrolux product. A waste of money, time and energy. If anyone is monitoring this for Electrolux, you can call me at **. As if the company cared. Bah.

March of 2014 I purchased a washer and dryer set from hhgregg. The salesman assured us they were quality appliances. Within less than a year we had to have a serviceman come for repairs for the dryer. Then less than a month later we had to have them back out for the washer. The dryer is now conveniently out of warranty and we've had to have them out again for several things. We've spent close to $500 and the dryer still isn't right. Now I've discovered that my washer is leaking somewhere from the bottom and has ruined my floor. My carpet is soaked and the sub-floor under the linoleum is also soaked. Every time I call Electrolux they just say there isn't anything they can do because we are out of warranty. I call hhgregg and they won't help either. I'm out close to $4000 from the purchase of the appliances and repairs and still don't have machines that work properly. Something has to be done about the poor quality products they are putting out.

Purchased an Electrolux Icon cooktop from Pacific Sales. After a little over 2 years, the writing on the stainless steel near the knobs (where it says light, hi, medium, low, off) is completely worn out on some but not all. So you don't know if the knob is on or off positive. It is not due to harsh chemical or scratch since I always wipe it clean with dawn soapy water and a clean soft towel. It's like driving a 2-year-old car, but the speedometer is broken and you don't know how fast you are driving. Call Electrolux and of course as many other reviews online, Electrolux basically said "** you. You are out of warranty." Do not but any Electrolux products as this manufacturer sold defective product but adamantly refuse to make it whole. THEY ARE IN THE BUSINESS OF RIPPING OFF CONSUMERS.

Purchased an Electrolux dishwasher in June of 2014. Have never really been happy with the response of the digital controls, but since we paid almost $1000 figured I would have to grin and bear it. Had to have a service last year because of error code .30. Tech explained that this very seldom happens, but he fixed it and went on his way. Everything was okay until about three weeks ago when the same code came up and you could hear something like water running in the machine. Called repair and they evaluated and advised that repair would be almost $500. At this point I have almost paid 2/3 of the cost of the machine again! Contacted Electrolux and gave them all the info; the repair service furnished to them what would be necessary to repair and the cost of repair.

Electrolux is "investigating" and will get back to me. In the meantime, I have 17 people coming for Thanksgiving with no dishwasher. The service tech indicated this is just representative of any appliance you purchase now. Where did pride in a quality product go? If for no other reason, we need to get manufacturing back in our country in hopes of a different quality outcome. Bottom line: Can you intervene with the manufacturer, which in this case is Electrolux, to help consumers like me?

I purchased a high end set of kitchen appliances (through Sears Canada) in 2009 - an Electrolux fridge and a top of the line electric range/oven. After 5 years, the fridge literally started to fall apart. The faux aluminum strips on the exterior of the fridge starting falling off and the ice making unit ceased working completely and the inside seal on the door was failing. Sears was very helpful but Electrolux was a complete and utter disaster to deal with.

After investing a tremendous amount of time and energy in getting them to step up and deal with their inferior product issues, we were given a nominal credit towards buying another Electrolux fridge. Guess what? Within 9 months, we experienced similar product quality issues and made the decision to get rid of it and replace it with KitchenAid fridge which has been performing flawlessly since day one.

Next, the oven stopped working. The burners were not functioning at all. Electrolux herded us over to a local service provider who indicated that this kind of problem was a common theme across the Electrolux high end oven product line. The service technician indicated that he would be unable to isolate the specific problem (we kept getting the e15 code of death). He recommended replacing a component for over $500 but warned us that there was a possibility that this would not necessarily rectify the problem - and if it didn't, we would need to spend a further $1100 to replace a circuit board of some sort.

Guess what? The fix didn't work. We contacted Electrolux customer service and after numerous discussions they relented and offered us 20% off, as a sign of good faith, a new one. Really??? Do you actually think that I would buy another one of their products after 3 of them failed inside of 6 years? This is the worst, and I mean worst, product quality issue that I could ever imagine encountering. Never, ever, ever again.

I believe we purchased the EFLS617SIW washer and received it in June 2016. Less than 3 months of use, a chunk of the seal tore off. We called a service technician from the alliance company and they were sending someone out to take a look. Once he arrived almost two weeks later, he was shocked at how big the tear was, said he couldn't believe I hadn't had more problems with it, but said customer service didn't put in an order for a seal so he was putting it in that day and would be back next week to install it.

I was using the machine in the meantime because one, tiny drop would randomly run down the front of the washer so I put a towel under the washer just to be safe. Three weeks after that visit, the "clean washer" cycle was run at 4 am and my husband went to bed. I woke up at 7 am to cold water all over the floor (and our clean laundry which was on the floor) in our hallway. I cleaned up the water. 12 hours later I realized the subfloor under our new LVP flooring was swelling. Noon the next day I realized water was in our finished basement. Everywhere!

In a panic, I called a restoration company who came out and realized watery had soaked into our bathroom floor, our bedroom, our kitchen subfloor, plus into the ceiling of the basement in two large sections of the basement, our basement bathroom, carpeting in two rooms in our basement, etc. It was soaking into the door frames of rooms and more.

I called Electrolux and the woman I spoke with acted new, wouldn't let me speak with a supervisor stating "all they would do is assign a complaint number since it is late Friday," and stated they have no emergency department I could speak with. She advised to contact the Risk Management Dept or someone would be contacting me in "2 to 4 business days." By the way, Risk Management does not have a direct line, Customer Service will have to transfer me. I have no idea how this will turn out but I am panicked they will not care. Meanwhile, our house is unlivable while we have 15 commercial drying machines and dehumidifiers in our house but we have to try to exist there.

Units are made in Mexico and are poorly tested, made and stood behind by Frigidaire who warranties this 23 sq ft stainless unit for 1 year. You can get an extended 3 year warranty called a Platinum star warranty as an option. Little faith it might last one year as we see it. Numerous complaints are on the web primarily centering around the a ice maker. We are on # 3 ice maker in 6 years since purchase.

Customer service in Ga. was a TOTAL waste of time and we were advised no recalls or bulletins had been issued on any model. Wished you could have heard their lack of concern. We guess after waiting over 30 min. for an agent, most people would have bailed on the call and we called first thing in the morning. Keeps the complaints down if you can't wait an hour to get help. In addition to the ice maker, we now have a ce code alert on the front led panel and no lights in the unit. After shelling out 3 service calls for this fine work of refrigeration- this will be our last, The repair is scheduled in 12 hours and it will be sold.

We called our place of purchase Goedeker's in St. Louis and discussed our displeasure to the owner whose sales people pitched this as a great deal for $3500 in 2000. The sales people placed it in the category of Sub Zero, Wolf, and Viking. Goedeker's were asked today to have the local or regional rep. contact us but they doubted we would hear from them so now we are warning all consumers.

We are on city water and when the unit was installed-GOEDEKER'S ran the water line. To replace it if that contributes to our issues- the current repair people now say I need an additional plumber charge to re-install it. More charges to remedy a piece of crap that had little testing on it before it was placed in the market place. Craig's list will be seeing this soon- we pity the buyer but will just say we are going with another brand and this runs fine now. It is true Electrolux sucks - in vacuums and now refrigerators. DO NOT BUY ANY MODEL OR YOU WILL SUFFER BADLY. Our model is: EW23CS65GS1. You have been warned.

Have an Electrolux bottom mount fridge which is 2 years old. Top handle fell off after 6 months and they replaced both doors. Just held on with cheap plastic. It has just fallen off again and my husband has glued it on. This is not good enough. Never had this problem with any other fridges. One is 35 years old. Do not buy. We paid way more that we could bought comparable fridges for. Service agents fixed the first time. We just couldn't be bothered with rigmarole. Have 3 years extended warranty. Just don't buy.

I will NEVER buy another Electrolux product. It's too bad I wasn't wise enough to check reviews before buying. Almost from the start I had issues with the ice dispenser. After many phone calls & service calls, at least 5, after changing celluloid, main board, ice bucket assembly, they sent 3 incorrect ones before I got the correct one. Mind you they had the part #, after taking at least 4 days off from work to be home for repair tech, I am now close to spending $700.00 in parts. (Oh, they give a 20 percent discount on parts that I have no way of breaking, a celluloid, that takes about 20 minutes to get to?) Main board? Really? I now have the pleasure of a sporadic high temp 58 degree refrigerator & again no help from Electrolux. They use cheap parts & don't stand behind their product. NEVER AGAIN.

I purchased a new home and it came with all Electrolux products. We have been in the home for four months. The following items have broken (some multiple times): - Dishwasher (electronic panel, soap dispenser, bottom rack defect - panel replaced and waiting on new soap dispenser to arrive). - Ice Maker (door broken/beeping all night long - fixed three times). - Fridge (handle broken and replaced). - Stove Hood (came dented, rubber seal not falling off in two places - still not fixed after multiple pictures, e-mails, calls, and a tech visit).

- Washing Machine (Can not wash a full sheet set at one time. Soap will not dispense and load will be soaking wet. Must wash flat sheet and fitted sheet separate. All loads must be 4-5 small pieces only - Tech agreed this a problem. When I called, they saw his notes but did not have any plans outlined to fix this. It sounds as though this is not broken, but actually just the way their product works). I remember Electrolux vacuums being the gold standard in my neighborhood as a child. This is not the case anymore. I would run from any product designed by this company.

Refrigerator less than 30 days olds. Gear bar in freezer keeps falling off, therefore must remove to allow freezer door to close. This causes drawer to be unbalanced, noisy and wobbly. Called company for replacement. Told my option was repair only. Purchased from hhgregg in Bowling Green KY.

I wish I read reviews on this website before I bought an Electrolux appliance. I bought their induction range for around $1700 last September for part of a kitchen upgrade. The range stopped working by started a beeping sound with error code 23 on 7/20/16. On 7/25, 5 days after I called, a technician came from a local repair shop called Ago Appliance Repair, he diagnosed the problem and gone in 5 minutes.

Two weeks later, he showed up, replacing the generator, error code changed from 23 to 21. Three weeks later, not to mention with my endless calls with Ago and Electrolux customer service, the technician came back replacing the board, didn't fix the problem. Another three weeks later, the technician came back again replacing another board, did not fix the problem. Another two weeks passed, I have been calling almost every day because Ago keeps telling me they "don't have any update but you are welcomed to call tomorrow".

I'm like an idiot sitting in the dark and wondering should I call or should I not because it doesn't matter, they won't give you any solution. The technician literally told me on all his four visits that replacing the whole unit is the only solution, and he said that Electrolux should grant that instead of wasting everyone's time and money, he knew from his experience this is irreparable. I called Electrolux four times during the past 10 weeks, telling them what the technician said to me to replace a new unit, they denied and didn't offer any solution. This has been more than frustrating as if you don't know what to do and what to expect next. I'd be really appreciated if anyone can provide any constructive suggestions.

I purchased a $3000 Electrolux EWF01 refrigerator March of 2014. In July of 2014 it stopped working. I went to Home Depot where I purchased it and received outstanding customer service. They gave me a loaner and delivered it the same day so I would not lose my food. Thanks Home Depot. Electrolux sent me a new refrigerator (same model) in I believe it was November of 2014. It is September 2016 and the sealing strip around the freezer is falling off and the trim is cracking. I called Electrolux and was advised the best they can do is give me a list of certified repair companies in my area. The poor ice maker by reading the reviews is apparently well known now. I would not recommend purchasing this product at any price.

My experience like so many others has been awful. We bought an ice maker and have had nothing but problems with it. Total runaround avoiding the obvious problem that the unit is defective. They called out 4 different companies. Yup! 4! Each one either assured us the problem was now fixed (they substituted a control valve that was not the same as what came with the unit! WE had to pay for a plumber to hook up the ice maker again the unit since the different control valve did not fit our plumbing. Then they replaced the electronic control board. Still did not work. Then they had to order new parts (and never returned). Then they said that they could not do anything and would not come back without Electrolux approval. HUH? Instead they send out a different company who WON'T even touch the unit because they say they don't want to follow behind another company's work! WHAT??? Then why send them out at all?

Oh yeah. Another great process. When you call for a repair they set up an appointment for you. With the technician. Isn't that nice? Unfortunately none of the companies and I mean NONE of the 4 companies even knew about the appointment date Electrolux set up. Result? You sit there all day like an idiot only to find out later that the company did not know about the appointment or the company set up for a visit weeks later with NO notification to me. Bottom line we have a useless leaking piece of equipment for 3 months. I am sitting here now waiting for the 4th company to check with Electrolux because they have no record of an appointment today either. Do you see a pattern? Don't trust anything they tell you when you call.

Consider their products 100% disposable when they break down. You will save yourself a lot of aggravation and time. You will lose a lot of money but at least you won't sit around for 3 months with a broken appliance and elevated blood pressure and damaged wood floors. By the way they could have replaced this unit and saved themselves hundreds of dollars in wasted service call expenses and horrible PR.

One more thing. Don't waste your time talking to one of their "Supervisors". I have spoken to 3 who made me repeat this entire 3 month frustrating ordeal - AGAIN - only to lead to the same exact outcome. I'm screwed with a leaking ice maker. They even tried to blame it on the plumber who connected the ice maker initially! Small problem with that excuse is that it is NOT leaking anywhere near the plumber's connection. It is the components of the ice maker leaking. Highly visible to anyone who wants to remove the back and look at the inside of the unit to see it. Rust spots on the pan underneath the components are all the confirmation needed unless you are blind. You have been warned by many on this forum and the stories all end the same. Wish I had found this forum before I bought this Electrolux scrap metal.

I purchased the Electrolux 32" Built in Freezer and Fridge in June 2016... after remodeling my kitchen and buying all new appliances. I decided to spend a little more for the built in freezer/fridge... what a big mistake... HUGE!! After 3 weeks, my Built in Freezer quit working. I contacted Electrolux and they sent a technician out 5 days later. The technician told us he would contact Electrolux.

After waiting over almost two weeks the repairman came back out with what he thought was a fix. Unfortunately, for us, it caused the freezer to climb temperatures that were worse than before. We called Electrolux again, and they sent the same company back out to do the repair. Once again... that did not work. Once again, I contacted Electrolux. They sent out the repairman again, it was fixed by the technician who said, "I'm pretty sure this fixed it." Sadly, it failed again.

So once again, I called. It was fixed again and worked for almost 2 months... only to find that again, I had soft ice cream and meats. Once again, I call and I am not happy. After all this and being told over and over (as I now find this seems typical for their customer service) is the repairman must deem the repair unrepairable in order for them to replace the appliance. Once I finally had another technician to my home, he indeed said that the repair was deemed unrepairable, and told Electrolux the same.

Once I called Electrolux back and told them this, they said even though he deemed it unrepairable, our IT guy did not, so we are requiring him to repair it. So once again, I have gotten the run around from Electrolux. They came and repaired it now 5 times. (I called them today so it will be 6.) I have lost frozen goods, twice and now... I will end up losing frozen foods again... because it's currently not working. My freezer is now only 3 months old. This is unbelievable to me. I based my decision on what my appliance company said about their refrigerator/freezer and sadly, I am hugely disappointed. I have never, ever had an experience this awful. As a matter of fact, I have never, ever written a complaint. Unfortunately, I had to write my experience to make sure the next buyer was savvy enough to find these reviews helpful with their next decision. I will never ever buy a product that has the name Electrolux on it after this experience.

Electrolux Company Profile