1.8/5 (968 ratings)

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

Electrolux Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Electrolux?

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING ASSOCIATED WITH ELECTROLUX. Our Oven has not worked properly for over a year and they have sent 3rd party companies to try and come fix it multiple times and it just wasn't working. They have changed out every part to this oven and still not working properly. It is just a lemon and there is no way around it and it happens no big deal. So here recently they said the product has to be determined unrepairable in order to replace it. So we are like ok let's get that done.

They send out a "An Official Electrolux Tech" and he tells me that they are going to replace parts that have already been changed. I call customer service and get a supervisor on the phone and they won't even hear what I have to say. They keep telling me that the Oven that again, hasn't worked fully for over a year now, is now out of warranty. They also told me that they are doing these repairs "out of kindness and goodwill". Which "makes a lot of sense" when these repairs aren't even working. TRUST ME, DO NOT BUY ANYTHING ELECTROLUX. THEY WILL SCREW YOU!!!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2022

I purchased electric oven EOA5220AOR (600 eur) and gas cooktop EGH6343ROR (280 eur) as a gift for my mother. We had them professionally installed. Gas cooktop defects:

- cast iron holders (the grid on which you place your cookware) is totally uneven and all cookware is "dancing" on it. Here is the video. Pot is pretty much new with perfectly flat bottom made of thick stainless steel. **
- sometimes it's almost impossible to start fire. Video: **

-"heat sensor" on two of four burners is defective and you have hold the button down for like 30 seconds, otherwise the fire is shut down.

Electric oven defects:
- built in clock started to make nonstop scratching noise after 11 months of usage. It's super irritating and loud enough to be able to hear it even with TV running in the kitchen. Video: **

- built-in timer is of terrible quality which renders it unusable even when working as designed. It guess this purchase it on Alibaba for like 1.20 USD a piece. Electrolux refused to take responsibility for any of above mentioned defects. I'm done with this brand.

Get buying tips about Freezers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2022

Bought new upright freezer and trusted the brand ... **** DON'T **** I've spent thousands of dollars on these products to trust they will work for a long time. My NEW freezer died after 2 months after purchase and all they did was to place a defective part which cost me a few hundred dollars on food that was frozen and now went bad. They won't send me a reimbursement check for at least $100 ... Claiming lost food isn't covered... Come on, it was only 2 months old ... I will never buy Electrolux/Frigidaire ever again ... VERY POOR CUSTOMER RELATIONS.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2022

Hi, This is Tuan **. I bought an Electrolux fridge (model E123BC82SS6/Serial #4A04809085) from Best Buy Canada on end of October/2022. The fridge was not working properly since day 1 (right after delivery to me on Oct29/2022). Electrolux send Elite Appliances to my house to repair it. Daniel (the technician) had came to my house 6 times since end of October to November through Dec to repair but the fridge still not work. My family was frustrated with this long repair. We don't have a fridge to use since end of October until now. Besides, calling Electrolux’s customer service was very very difficult. Waiting time is 60 to 90 minutes. Calling Elite Appliances was also a pain. I'm not happy with what happen.

Tuan **

Original review: Dec. 16, 2022

Honestly, I’m not totally sure how to review this product. We had this installed in our new-build home 17 months ago. First, it is beautiful. I love the space, the drawers, two ice makers… love. BUT my stress comes in now because we had someone in to check on some noises heard a couple months in. We asked some questions about food freezing in the back of the fridge part. We asked about our lower ice maker being sooooo slow and sometimes stopping for a while. We were told it was all just how the fridge works.

We were frustrated but assumed the guy knew what he was talking about. And now here we are, 17 months in so, of course, the warranty is up, and we have to replace the thermistor, the lower ice maker and a whole tower that helps regulate the temperature. So we have to put half the cost of the fridge back into it already and that seems ridiculous. So while we love(d) the fridge, we are SO frustrated by this situation. It feels like this is not a quality product… as much as it looks like one. It’s disappointing.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2022

I can copy and paste some bad experience reported by other consumers here: Six months after we received our new Frigidaire fridge, we noticed it was not cooling properly. A Frigidaire/Electrolux authorized technician came to our house and determined the fridge has a major part defect that cannot be repaired and a RA (replacement request) was processed (12/1/22). After our numerous follow up after each of the 3-5 business day passed, we were told the "back office" still had not sent instructions to the dealer for the replacement, as of today. And it has been almost 4 weeks from the date of reporting the cooling issue. And we are still sitting in the dark waiting for the unknown timeline of replacement.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2022

DO NOT BUY AN ELECTROLUX OR FRIGIDAIRE PRODUCT. In the warranty it states that they will fix ANY part that is deemed defective for 1 year. They hide behind a lie that they only replace functional parts. Stay away!!!! We bought a brand new house with Frigidaire appliances. We noticed that the condiment shelf was cracked and called to get a new one. The lady on the phone told me that they only replace functional parts that have to do with the cooling of the unit and the shelf is not a functioning part. Even though it was defective from the factory. Be wary about buying from this company. They will lie about their own warranty book and not stand behind it.

Original review: July 6, 2022

All Dishwasher lights lit up after pressing start. It began wash, but after a couple minutes it drained water. We looked under, a light for pump wash was lit. We called customer support & the rep had no additional knowledge to help us, just said we need a service call. Really disappointed.

Original review: June 24, 2022

Shortly after we received our new fridge, we noticed it was not running properly. A Frigidaire/Electrolux authorized technician came to our house and determined the fridge has a manufacturer's defect that cannot be repaired (11/3/21). We made arrangements with frigidaire and CRST to get a new fridge. Observed severely damaged fridges were declined on arrival to our home.

We have heard nothing from Electrolux/Frigidaire after initiating a call, and were told the "back office", would be emailing us a response after being jerked around for 7 months. We requested our money back and the extra money spent on the worthless extended warranty, and if this is not on the table, a new fridge delivered in a reasonable time without damage (I would take another fridge if this one is back ordered).

CRST the delivery company, said that Fridigaire stated this was buyers remorse? Frigidaire said CRST is not delivering due to not accepting damaged items at one point? Many wasted hours of time spent on the phone with both parties, due to a Frigidaire representative stating I need to call CRST, and then after calling CRST, they tell us to call Frigidaire. After asking to speak to a manager from Frigidaire, which apparently they are off boundaries, because in 7 months I requested multiple times to speak to a manager with no return call. I am now hearing crickets waiting for a response via email. I am at my wit's end, cried, and yes I have remorse that I purchased from this company. I do want things resolved, and really have little anticipated hope.

Original review: June 23, 2022

We purchased a freezer on March 12th, and it has never worked. It is now June 23rd. The company dispatched repair finally about a month ago and determined we needed a part which has not arrived yet. We spent over a thousand dollars on a freezer that has not worked for months. I would not recommend a Frigidaire (Electrolux) product.

Electrolux author review by Jonathan Trout

Electrolux is known for making kitchen, laundry and home care appliances. They also make 12 sizes of chest freezer ranging in size from 3.5 to 28 cubic feet.

• 3.5 cubic foot freezer: This is the smallest chest freezer made by Electrolux. It comes with one removable wire basket, mechanical temperature control, manual defrosting and a safety lock. It has a four-star energy rating.

• 7.0 cubic foot freezer: This is one of Electrolux’s midsize chest freezers. It features a mechanical temperature control, interior light, manual defrost, a recessed handle and a safety lock. It also includes adjustable legs. It comes with a four-star energy rating.

• 14.8 cubic foot freezer: The 14.8 cubic foot chest freezer has a four-star energy rating, four wire baskets for convenient storage and a safety lock. It has a mechanical temperature control, an external handle and a quick-freeze setting.

• 28 cubic foot freezer: This is the largest chest freezer Electrolux makes. It has a four-star energy rating and manual defrost. The temperature can be set to as low as -12 degrees. It features six wheels, a safety lock, two baskets and flat back to fit against any wall.

• Upright freezers: Electrolux makes three models of upright freezers. Two have a capacity of 13.7 cubic feet and come in white or stainless steel. The other model is 8 cubic feet and comes in white. The feature electric control panels, wire storage baskets and quick-freeze options.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team