Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home
1.09/5

Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home

729 Electrolux Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 14, 2019

We purchased the extended warranty and within the first three months we had 2 service calls for major repairs. In both cases the oven overheated and burnt up the food that was in it. A third call was made with another major repair. I wrote letters to Electrolux and the company I made the purchase and requested the appliance be replaced. Nothing was done and as soon as the warranty expired another major problem happened and cost us $550 to repair. We will never recommend Electrolux to family or friends.

Original review: May 7, 2019

Purchase date: 4/22/2019

Model # EW30IS80RSA

Serial # AF60607223

Well, the RR Appliance Service man was here today. He was just spinning wheels, nothing accomplished. I contacted the manager (Cory) of the Jetsons store that I purchased the stove from. Cory said I need to send an e-mail to Electrolux explaining the issue: Only one issue! Here goes.... The control panel has an Oven Side of lights and a Burner side of lights. With no activity for 2 minutes, the Oven side of lights go to sleep and then a physical separation of time that can be seen, the Burner side lights go to sleep. This is all and well, except when a burner was used for a period of time heating up the glass such that when the burner is turned off and the pot removed, the glass is too hot to touch. An "HE" for Hot Element" is displayed for that burner location and all "ON/OFF white lights are on.

After 2 minutes, the oven right side of the panel lights go to sleep, AND DO NOT PULL THE BURNER LIGHTS TO SLEEP, because one of the burners has an "HE" hot glass. After a period of time, the "HE" goes away, and 2 minutes later the 4 burner lights should go to sleep. THEY DO NOT! Hours later, the only lights on the panel are the clock and the 4 "ON/OFF" white burner lights. To get the burner lights to go to sleep, you have to cycle the control panel, touch anywhere, wake up the lights, wait 2 minutes and the Oven side goes to sleep followed by the Burner side. Your service tech on the phone and documented in your system said this is how the product should work. I find this hard to believe, and Cory the Store manager also finds this hard to believe. Cory suggested that a firmware fix should be applied to resolve this LOGIC Control issue. Electrolux, did you really design the product to work like this?

Get expert buying tips about Freezers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 6, 2019

We purchased a washer dryer set 1 year ago. The steam/water valve on the dryer failed 4 months ago and after the load is dry the water continues to stray into drum, filling it up with water, runs into drawer and floods floor. We had it fixed by the appliance store technician. The valve has now failed again. A tech is coming out again. Has anyone else had this issue? Model # EFME517SIW0.

Original review: May 5, 2019

Purchased an extended warranty from Electrolux. Washing machine broke within 5 years of purchase. Repairman recommends replace machine. Customer service by Electrolux is a nightmare. They stonewall, and will not do anything; won't replace, nor will they authorize repair. We have been without a washer for over a week since repair estimate was submitted, by their repairman. Have lost all confidence in their product and their support. The support people are not helpful at all, every time you get on the phone you need to start from the beginning, incorrect information is put into the system. It is just really bad. It is as if they want you to stop buying their products.

Original review: May 4, 2019

We purchased the Icon freezer/refrigerator separate units with trim kits with all the bells and whistles!! The refrigerator hasn’t been working for 11 months and now Electrolux has offered a 25% discount on a replacement when this unit is not even 3 years old! Will not purchase Electrolux again and have spent 10 days off work for technical support to fix something non-fixable! Electrolux doesn’t stand by their products!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Electrolux?

Original review: April 25, 2019

We outfitted out entire home with Electrolux appliances. Since that time (June 2016) we have had nothing but problems with them. The circulating fan in the refrigerator failed within an year. Now we have to replace the door gasket on it. The door handle on the microwave broke completely off in less than two years. The control panel on the dishwasher had to be replaced in less than a year. The gas stove had an igniter failure. The freezer section door handle of the refrigerator is coming loose. The Microwave display is no longer readable it has become so dim. If you are considering Electrolux appliances do yourself a favor and go buy GE.

Original review: April 18, 2019

Ordered refrigerator through Home Depot, April 10th. Set delivery time April 18th. Waited all day for the 1 hour call ahead for delivery. By 5 o'clock walked into Home Depot to check on status. All systems showed, out for delivery. Got assured it will arrive before 8. Come to find out; Electrolux never fulfilled delivery! Never updated system! Never informed delivery personal or retailers! This is basic business! Reset delivery date; April 23rd. So let me get this right! I lose 2 days of work, waiting for this! Stranded over the Easter holiday with no fridge! My landlord is up in arms! (Elderly and sick) and they offer me $50.00 redeemable on their product!

Original review: April 5, 2019

I purchased a new apartment sized washer dryer combo approximately 2 and a half years ago. It was always noisy when it was on the spin cycle but then the noise became unbearable so I called an authorized repair service. I was told the shaft was broken and it would cost $700 or more to repair and there was no guarantee it wouldn’t happen again, that cost me $100. I called and complained to Electrolux and they said all they would do was cover 20% of the cost of new parts which to me is next to nothing. So the lesson is if you buy from Electrolux get the extended warranty and good to you.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I have a microwave that has a broken door. I have an extended warranty and have been back and forth with Electrolux trying to get the door repaired or the microwave repaired for almost 4 months already. I've been assigned 3 different authorized service providers that did absolutely nothing but make me take days off from work for nothing. The corporate sector has done nothing to help.

Original review: March 28, 2019

We bought the Electrolux washer and dryer that said it had fast wash and fast dry. We were planning to buy Samsung as we had this brand before and it worked great. We went to Bad Boys and they persuaded us to buy this brand mainly because of the fast wash and dry features. The washer was fine but the dryer's fast dry feature does not work at all. Garbage. We told Bad Boys that we were not happy and they sent someone to take a look. They said that there was nothing wrong with it and that that is how it was. Neither Electrolux or Bad boys did anything further to help us. We spent over $6000 in appliances and no help at all regarding this issue. Terrible customer services on both parts. We will NEVER ever buy this brand again.

Original review: March 20, 2019

I purchased a brand new home with all Electrolux appliances. After just my 3rd load of clothes that I did it turns out that the brand new Electrolux washing machine started to overrun and continue to fill without stopping! I’m so glad I was home otherwise the whole house would of been flooded. I got somewhat lucky that I was able to turn it off in time and the damage was a few hundred dollars. After I had the builder and service person take all the necessary pictures to prove the defect Electrolux didn’t care and refused to reimburse me for my losses. This is why I’m writing this because they should know people are a lot smarter than they think and this will cause people to look elsewhere. They also own Frigidaire so another brand that they will lose on, all it take is word of mouth and the truth will eventually come out. All they care about is money and deception.

Original review: March 17, 2019

In today's world most appliances come close in reliability. However our Electrolux appliances have been terrible. The washer and dryer were "the only 2nd floor rated units" yet shake our house like it's going to fall down. We have had two repairs under warranty and are just waiting for them to give out in only 2 years. Now the dishwasher on the other hand, wow that's shocking. Controls almost impossible to use, Performance dropped in the first year and at year 2 we have to replace it. Do yourself a favor, stay away from Electrolux. Given how bad they are they won't be in the market much longer.

Original review: March 16, 2019

Condensation, ice & rust are accumulating outside on the back of the refrigerator. Condensation and freezing are always forming on the inside of the fridge, I have to defrost it every 3 weeks. Freezer & top ice maker stopped working.

Original review: March 13, 2019

We bought a $3700 refrigerator for our new home, the ice makers kept breaking. I was told I would get a $500 rebate from Electrolux if I bought this model! At Northern Appliance in Braintree is where I was told this and it was on the card on the Refrigerator. I got a service contract for 4 years! Ice maker defects computers replaced. After the first refrigerator I had only 1 and 1/2 years the ice makers died, it was covered by the contract, this was top of the line.

After Electrolux told me it was being replaced I called a company to take it away. They said they kept it for themselves. I got the replacement and it was a used or way less value Refrigerator. I called. They said that is what I get! If you can believe it 2 more defective refrigerators and a quote a few service calls from Apollo appliance Brockton Ma. They are very good! The one I have now the ice maker is still broken. I was told the motor is too close to the ice maker, melts it in the back and it breaks. This is unacceptable for an expensive refrigerator. Not sure what I should do if this one fails! Thanks you Jan

Original review: March 8, 2019

June 2018, we purchased a new refrigerator/freezer and dishwasher. Not even a month later the dishwasher had to be repaired (circulatory pump) and then January 2019 the refrigerator broke down (blockage in the evaporator coils). After having two different repair man come I was told the unit cannot be fixed and I will need a new one. We are now March 8 and I'm still waiting for the new refrigerator! I've lost track of how many phone calls I've made to the company and also several emails. This has been very frustrating.

Original review: March 1, 2019

ELECTROLUX SERVICE WARRANTY PROCESS IS LONG AND BROKEN: 5 WEEKS WITH A DRYER THAT HAS NEVER POWERED UP. Appalling service and approach to customer service. Electrolux service warranty process is long and Broken: 5 weeks with a dryer that never powered-up. I'm now in possession of a dryer for approx. 5 weeks that has never powered-up. It's been 5 weeks of endless hours of phone calls and emails with Canadian Appliance Source, the retailer; Electrolux Warranty Dept; and Home Appliance Care Ottawa, authorized service technicians.

Following the first warranty service call, the tech diagnosed the problem to be the motherboard related to power fluctuations in the dryer electrical outlet. The builder's electrician confirmed the power readings were normal and within acceptable limits. A replacement board was ordered and installed. Guess what?! The dryer still did not power-up and tech remains convinced it is due to a power issue. I requested a second assessment of the power situation from the provincial (equivalent to a US state) power provider, and it was determined again that all was working as it should. This information was relayed to Electrolux, who now wants to schedule a third warranty service call, as a second opinion to its first 2 assessments.

When asked why a second opinion was necessary given that more highly educated and experienced professionals have already determined that there are no issues with power supplied to the dryer, I was essentially told it was because Electrolux was more trusting of the assessment provided by their authorized service technician. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! HOW DOES ANY OF THIS MAKE ANY SENSE? Does the CEO/PRESIDENT or any other member of Electrolux's senior management team have any idea of how customers are being handled? This is a waste of time by all the parties involved, and hugely inconvenient for me, the customer. I'm presently drying my clothes on a $50 drying rack instead of the $800 dryer I purchased.

WHERE IS CUSTOMER SERVICE IN ANY OF THIS? Common sense to this situation in not being applied by Electrolux. Why doesn't Electrolux retain its political capital and just admit the productive is defective. It will be a very, very sad day if Electrolux maintains its position of only accepting their authorized technician's assessment about the power situation. What a disgusting way to treat a customer who is in possession of product for almost 5 weeks that has never worked out-of-the-box.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Purchased Electrolux washer/dryer from Home Depot late 2017 (product received in Nov. 2017). Issues started soon after purchase with the dryer, it was clogging with lint in the blower motor. Not even sure how this was happening, since these are lint making machines. Service came out and had no options on how to prevent this from occurring. Again other than to contact servicing and have them clean it out. Basically they take the machine apart to do this, not a job for ordinary folk.

After speaking with Electrolux, and informing them of this continuing issue. Their response is to continue calling for warranty/servicing. The big question was what if this issue persists beyond the one year manufacturing warranty, Electrolux response... “purchase extended warranty”. Are you kidding me!!! That’s when I contacted Home Depot head office. Their response to this issue was much of the same. I can’t believe either one of these entities could live up to their product (Electrolux) or service (Home Depot). This issue should resolved by a replacement or a full refund.

Things to keep in mind, these service requests take up time during working hours 'cause warranty company doesn’t work after hours or weekends. So we have to take time off work each and every time a service is requested. Other option is to cut my losses and dump these machine and buy new ones. Even after a year of ownership. Extremely disappointed with both Electrolux and Home Depot Canada.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

This fridge fit the existing under the cabinet space. 5 years in, every plastic piece of trim has cracked or broken. I love everything about the inside, but it looks horrible. Cheap plastic on a very expensive refrigerator. I was worried about the noisy ice maker. Honestly it is a 6 second noise every once in a while. This trim, another piece breaks off every week.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

We purchased a washer and gas dryer in June 2017. The washer is ok but the dryer seemed to take longer and longer to dry. The lint screen turns out to be the problem as it does not seal and lets lint get by into the blower. The blower blades get packed full and the safety heat circuits shut the gas off. Appears Electrolux also figured that the lint screen filter was a faulty design and on the new model did a complete redesign!! I will not use the dryer since Electrolux has not designed or manufactured a parts correction and will not sell it to anyone else as it appears to be a fire hazard!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Electrolux is the worst product out there for refrigerators. Please do not buy one!! My refrigerator icemaker is broke and they will not give me a new refrigerator. It was a manufacturer error and they said that they are not going to fix it and I am not getting a new fridge. Now I am stuck with the refrigerator and a broken ice maker!!! They offered to give me a 10% coupon in the mail... Like I am really going to purchase another 5,000 fridge let alone from them!!! Don’t buy it from them!!! You will be sorry! I am so sorry I did.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Been trying to get this range repaired for close to a year, spent over $700 and not repaired. Replaced main computer board, relay board, thermostats. The authorized service co. makes appointments, no show, no call. The manufacturer says the authorized repair rep must replace the last defective board. He won't even answer the phone. I went and purchased a new stove yesterday and you can bet it us NOT Electrolux.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I moved from New Jersey to California in March 2017 and had always had high quality washers and dryers in the basement of my 3-bedroom house in NJ. From the time I bought the house in 1988 I used the same Sears Kenmore washer & dryer until the washer broke down in 2013 (aged 28; replaced it with another Kenmore) and in selling the house in 2017 replaced the dryer with a G.E. Never paid for a service contract because the original Kenmore appliances were well made in the U.S.A. and lasted forever.

In Southern California I downsized to a condo and discovered both washer & dryer malfunctioned, were rusty and from 1969, but barely fit into the tiny space, as there were public laundries in the adult community with a few blocks. Instead I researched small washer/dryer combos, but was too cheap to spring for a top of the line pair by Bosch or Miele. Big mistake! Instead, Home Depot was advertising an Electrolux pair at significant discount, so I bought both for a total of about $2200 including tax in August 2017. I live alone, so only ever do one moderate sized load per week, and read and followed all instructions carefully (cleaned lint filter after each use and cleaned condenser unit every 3 months even though the indicator never told me to).

Suddenly, almost exactly 18 months after purchase (actual delivery was Aug. 30th, so it was 2 weeks less than 18 mos.) the dryer stops working, gives error message E50 and I called customer service number 800-944-9044 listed in manual after discovering this model was already discontinued(!) to learn that the error code meant there was a problem with the temperature sensor. I turned off the machine, turned it on and this time the motor sounded awful as it tried to start up, made a revolution or 2 clockwise, then stopped and tried a revolution or 2 counterclockwise, and then stopped and gave the E50 message.

The customer service person did nothing but confirm I had not opted for the $350 yearly service contract when the 1-year warranty expired in August 2018 and offered only to give me the names of 3 authorized Electrolux repair companies, all at least 10 to 15 miles away, and I would have to pay in full for all repairs. I'll probably get an estimate or two, but my guess is the repairs will cost half the original cost of the dryer and it will break down again soon thereafter, so I may just break down and buy a Bosch or Miele dryer instead, as both brands have excellent reputations and I don't trust Electrolux at all.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I am not happy at all with our purchase! Was told by technician who came out to check them that I needed to shut my cold water down so we could get warm water wash? Never heard of such a thing! So we put coats in and it shuffles them until the washer is out of balance! The dryer is another problem? We put 3 bath towels and hand and washcloths in and the kitchen towels? When you go to take them out part of them still wet! All we wanted was to have a washer and dryer we could turn on and do laundry! This pair is nothing but computerized junk to us!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Warning! DO NOT ORDER ELECTROLUX APPLIANCES! We have been through PURE HELL with our microwave, which worked approx 3 months! I purchased an extended warranty and when the repairman came out, he refused to fix it! Then he said we'd get a replacement. So we're without a working appliance for God knows how long! Not only that, but they want to charge US for delivering it! Do not ever order ANY appliances from this bogus company!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

We purchased the washer and dryer in 2017. Was supposed to be this great pair. Well, it's February 2, 2019 and the dryer just died. Can't get repair over for 4 days and who knows how long to get parts. I've had approximately 4 other brands of washers over the years and have never had one do this. All of my washers and dryers lasted well over 10 years. NOT THIS ONE. Luckily, we are building a new home and won't take this or buy another. BEWARE!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I bought all fridge built in with no water line connection, we notice our side cabinet and under fridge has big water damage after checking, we notice the water is from fridge, we call them. They told me to call their service company. Cost us $100. They wrote report to them and told them it is problem with fridge and the leak was from months before that why the rusting started. Unfortunately they say my fridge is one month past the warranty even their service company wrote letter and told them this problem start from months before almost from start. They are not answering my phone call. I'm keep leaving massage but they not calling me back and angry and disappointed.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I want everyone to know that these folks do not stand by their product even when you have paid extended warranty since 2011. They are telling me I have to live with ice buildup in the top front of the freezer and across the top and left side of the door. WHY. They have set me up with 2 service companies (GURU from Bonifay, FL). Tried 2 weeks and they were a no show. The last one was JC Appliance Dothan, AL Called twice and text them twice and they confirmed the appt Electrolux was suppose to have made nor did they answer the call when they tried to call them themselves.

So they set me up with AL POWER in between those two starting first part of December, came back end of December and 2 weeks later came back and I still I have. Company says, "There is nothing we can do. It is due to heat and humidity". BUT I have had this freezer since 2011 and have had 8 years of all SEASON and it just started building up last year. AND if that is it why is only in those spots and not the entire freezer. I have contacted BBB and they have contacted the company but all Electrolux had to do was let them know they contacted me NOT helping to fix the issue.

I have been dealing with this since Nov 11, 2018. I pay them to have good service companies that know what they are doing and show up. Why do I have to accept an unacceptable results. They can't prove its humidity and I can't prove it isn't EXCEPT LAST YEAR WAS NOT THE FIRST YEAR WE HAVE HAD HUMIDITY. We are in the south, we always have humidity. I pray the good Lord with help me find someone that can point me into the direction where I can get help. BBB suggested contacting Atty General which I did (hope I did it right) but with the recent shutdown doubt I will hear anything. I will NEVER buy another product from them. They just don't care. I wished I could convey to everyone just how little they do care.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Built new home in 2014, and bought what we thought was a quality cooktop. June 2017, cooktop powered itself up to full power, until overheating, and shutting down. We were lucky that my wife was home, and I was able to get there in a few minutes. Closed breaker and called Frigidaire, and they said, you should have bought an extended warranty. It is as they know their appliances are poor quality. We called an appliance technician, and he arrived to tell us that it could have been moisture that caused the failure. Moisture, it is a cooktop, perhaps Electrolux should have sealed the control unit from this. Tech ordered the part to be replaced, it took 14 WEEKS! That is 3 1/2 months without a working kitchen.

Cooktop worked fine for @ 15 months, then started smoking from underneath, as the control box/board was catching fire. 911 alerted, as I was away, firetrucks, police cars, family, contractor, another red seal electrician, and a very excited four year old. Phone tag once again, as website number does not work. Electrolux representative flat out said he wanted nothing to do with it at all. Finally received a response from them, because they are sweethearts, they may be willing to offer a small discount on replacement parts. I asked the lady, if your cooktop failed twice, almost causing a fire both times, would you install it back in your home? Cooktop is in my bother's shed, as my wife will not have it on our property.

These cooktops are really just toasters, with more power, simple on/off with gradient controls from 1-10, extended warranties should not even be offered, as they should work for twenty years without issues. Our biggest concern is that the units should be recalled, and it is certainly defective design (moisture invasion) and faulty parts. If you have this unit, maybe install a breaker for when you are away from the unit, as I would not trust the appliance. Does anyone know of a quality, safe cooktop? Electrolux customer service was horrendous from the start, and really don't care about customers, or the safety of their products. Be safe!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

We have had an Electrolux dishwasher for two years. It worked great until last week and started leaking. I called Electrolux and they stated it was not under warranty, which I knew, and they could send out a repairman. There would be an $89.95 upfront charge which would go against the labor. It was a minor repair on the drain line that took about 10 minutes. However, I had to pay another $87.02 for labor and "parts". The $89.95, according to the technician, was a trip charge only. That was not how it was represented by customer service. I called back and talked to a manager that said maybe the rep I had talked to had stated it incorrectly, duh, and that they would educate them to be more specific. It was an intentional misrepresentation in my opinion and they should have know better. I could have called a local company and gotten it done much cheaper.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

My 15 year old machine packed up just before Christmas. Given that my son's family of 5 were to stay with me for 2 weeks of the holidays, I decided to buy a new machine rather than have the old one fixed. Nowadays it's difficult to check machines out in showrooms, so looking online, I ordered an Electrolux front loader from Home Depot. Free installation and they'd remove the old machine at no cost. Great. I'd get it taken care of before the family arrived.

The machine worked for the first couple of times, but after a few days, stopped spinning. By this time, Home Depot had washed their hands of me because it was beyond their 48 hour return policy. I contacted Electrolux to request either a new machine, or my money back. They insisted on sending out a technician, who, called the support department to be informed the office was closed for the holidays.

I contacted Electrolux again who said they'd send out another technician. I explained that I didn't want a 2 week old machine repaired, I either wanted a new one or my money back. Of course, this won't happen and I have to have another technician review the machine. I have now been waiting for this to happen, and calls to the support department go unanswered.

In the meantime, I am becoming very familiar with my local laundromat, and so far have spent at least $100 on using their machines. Now my family has left, I have 6 lots of bedding waiting to be laundered. I cannot believe I'm in this situation. I don't know where to turn to next. I think I have been treated despicably and don't feel very good about it.

Electrolux expert review by Jonathan Trout

Electrolux is known for making kitchen, laundry and home care appliances. They also make 12 sizes of chest freezer ranging in size from 3.5 to 28 cubic feet.

• 3.5 cubic foot freezer: This is the smallest chest freezer made by Electrolux. It comes with one removable wire basket, mechanical temperature control, manual defrosting and a safety lock. It has a four-star energy rating.

• 7.0 cubic foot freezer: This is one of Electrolux’s midsize chest freezers. It features a mechanical temperature control, interior light, manual defrost, a recessed handle and a safety lock. It also includes adjustable legs. It comes with a four-star energy rating.

• 14.8 cubic foot freezer: The 14.8 cubic foot chest freezer has a four-star energy rating, four wire baskets for convenient storage and a safety lock. It has a mechanical temperature control, an external handle and a quick-freeze setting.

• 28 cubic foot freezer: This is the largest chest freezer Electrolux makes. It has a four-star energy rating and manual defrost. The temperature can be set to as low as -12 degrees. It features six wheels, a safety lock, two baskets and flat back to fit against any wall.

• Upright freezers: Electrolux makes three models of upright freezers. Two have a capacity of 13.7 cubic feet and come in white or stainless steel. The other model is 8 cubic feet and comes in white. The feature electric control panels, wire storage baskets and quick-freeze options.

• Best for: consumers looking for an upright or chest freezer.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout