Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Electrolux Reviews

Original review: Nov. 24, 2019

We got all Electrolux appliances for our new house. First the washer door came broken so it wouldn't close. They almost refused to fix it because I called them 2 months after it was delivered. We moved in after 3 months of closing the house because our appliances took so long to come and they all came on different days and then installing them took time. Anyway they fixed the door and then it started leaking causing water damaged down to the main floor. This was within 1 year.

The stove's motherboard is not working anymore so we can't make use of the oven. The stove top is gas so at least that works. This happened within a year as well but we called one day after the 1 yr warranty expired so of course they won't fix it. Now 2 yrs later the otr is not working. There's no power in it. Don't know what happened. Basically, don't buy electrolux!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

My washer is still not fixed after almost 3 months. Do not get their service at all. You will be paying out your pocket when they sit there and act like they are concerned when they are not at all. Pissed and out of pocket cash.

Get expert buying tips about Freezers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

We purchased our refrigerator 4.5 years ago for $925. Though everything still looks and sounds ok, it has stopped cooling and the compressor at the bottom rear gets really hot. There is apparently a 5 year warranty on the sealed unit. After several phone calls, these are the hoops we would be expected to jump through: Not just any licensed refrigeration technician will do (since we already had one look at it). We would need an authorized servicer to come and verify if it is the sealed unit that has failed. The authorized servicer would charge us and it would not be covered by Electrolux (they say they cover materials only, not labor).

That said, if the authorized servicer determined that the sealed unit had failed, the compressor and the evaporator are both obsolete items not available from Electrolux, so they don't actually cover the materials. Instead, Electrolux would offer us a 10% rebate toward a new refrigerator (presumably once we purchased it from them?) So the warranty is useless and we won't be doing any of this.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

Absolutely dreadful product and dreadful service from Electrolux. Fridge freezer was faulty from new with excessive frost build up. Reported on several occasions and an engineer was sent out but unable to fix the problem. Electrolux failed to act despite warranty. We're left with a defunct fridge freezer. Don't make the same mistake we did. Buy from a different manufacturer.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

This appliance was a replacement for the first one I had purchased that failed and I was lucky enough to have paid for an extended warranty. I was told that the freezer problem mine was experiencing was addressed in the newer model and was no longer an issue. Now, 5 years later, the same thing has happened again: leaking seals into the freezer from the fridge compartment, causing the ice to turn to blocks in the motor which continues to grind, extreme leaking and rust on the outside back of the fridge, and, as told to me by my repair person, the entire refrigerator will eventually fail due to the motor issue.

In speaking to Electrolux, they do not stand behind this. My appliance is 5 years old (I would expect for this very expensive appliance to last at least 3 times as long) and I did not buy the expensive additional warranty, so they will do nothing for me except offer a 20% discount on yet another refrigerator of the same make. Why would I ever want this product from them again?

I do not advise anyone to fall for their fancy chrome exterior (which of course does not wrap around to the back to provide rust proofing). I was told that they no longer sell this exact appliance because due to this major defect. This acknowledges that they did sell faulty products but choose not to be responsible to their unfortunate customers. In my experience they market as a high-end brand but the performance does not stand up to their reputation, and they do not stand behind what they are selling.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Electrolux?

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

After 6 months from the purchase of this dryer, the condenser door will not reattach. The condenser casing, door and condenser was warped! Then a couple months later, the drum falls off its track. Then a month ago, the door on the condenser is warped again and totally unusable. I have been without a dryer for a month because Electrolux keeps trying to fix it with outsourced companies. The same thing happened again in a brand new dryer! They will not honor my request to replace it. The company that is suppose to fix it now cannot because parts are on backorder. I cannot keep taking days off of work. The repair people only come during the weekday.

I know I have a “lemon,” but it’s the company that has given me a sour taste in their inability to call me back. And when they do call, they act like my machine is already fixed. When I said it hasn’t, they say “oh, let me check on this, I will call you back”. They did not. (Manager Brenda and Brace are guilty of this). I’ve gone back to the retailer and I’m waiting for them to help me. At this point, Electrolux is giving them the cold shoulder too. Do not buy Electrolux!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

I have gone through two of these Frigidaire Dehumidifiers made by Electrolux in the past 3 years. This product is shoddy and is well known to break down. The warranty replacement lasted 6 months. I have spent over $20.00 in (proper) disposal fees of this shoddy product due to the freon that is inside of them. I requested Electrolux to refund me instead of going through a never-ending cycle of warranty replacements, which consistently break down. The representative from Electrolux was extremely rude and did not seem to care about this issue. Instead of resolving it they are sending another shoddy dehumidifier that will break within 6-12 months. This product is well known for showing the infamous F0 code of death within 1 year of ownership, yet Electrolux continues to sell them. Shame on you for your terrible customer service and product. Please avoid Frigidaire and Electrolux products at all costs.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

Seven years ago I purchased 7 Electrolux appliances to update my kitchen. They look beautiful, but don’t function properly. We have had multiple service people to fix. Within weeks, the same issue happens. Dishwasher not emptying, oven smoking and overheating, stovetop heat very inconsistent, etc. The biggest problem is the total lack of customer service. I’m replacing all $15,000 worth after only 7 years. The only recourse I have is to warn others not to waste you’re hard earned $. You have plenty of better options out there!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

3 yr old frostfree freezer started frosting up after 2 yrs. Read the reviews before making the purchase of stand alone fridge and freezer. Both are stainless steel and quite beautiful. This product has proved to be unreliable and I should have heeded the warnings in the reviews. Despite their beauty, I would not advise purchasing this brand.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

I purchased a new home and bought the extended warranty from Electrolux for the appliances. Within the first year, my microwave broke 4 times. On the final time, I was told the microwave would be replaced. My microwave broke over 3 weeks ago, and initially customer service said someone would get back to me within 5 business days to approve the replacement. When I didn’t hear anything for 10 business days, I called them back. I was then told to give them another 3 business days.

When I didn’t hear back AGAIN, I called them and was told that these things (meaning replacing my microwave) takes time and I should be patient, and that I could possibly be without a microwave for 2 months. Does that sound acceptable?? What modern home can go without a major appliance for that long? Their customer did not care. I spoke to a supervisor who was not helpful and kept repeating the same phrase, “I understand your frustration.” However he was not offering any solutions to my problem. He did, however, tell me that if they had to ship my microwave then I am financially responsible for the shipping and installation. If you are reading this before you purchase an Electrolux or Frigidaire appliance (Electrolux provides the extended warranty) please DON’T purchase. If you have an issue with your appliance then you will regret you spent the money. Their customer service and appliances are horrible. BUYER BEWARE!

Electrolux expert review by Jonathan Trout

Electrolux is known for making kitchen, laundry and home care appliances. They also make 12 sizes of chest freezer ranging in size from 3.5 to 28 cubic feet.

• 3.5 cubic foot freezer: This is the smallest chest freezer made by Electrolux. It comes with one removable wire basket, mechanical temperature control, manual defrosting and a safety lock. It has a four-star energy rating.

• 7.0 cubic foot freezer: This is one of Electrolux’s midsize chest freezers. It features a mechanical temperature control, interior light, manual defrost, a recessed handle and a safety lock. It also includes adjustable legs. It comes with a four-star energy rating.

• 14.8 cubic foot freezer: The 14.8 cubic foot chest freezer has a four-star energy rating, four wire baskets for convenient storage and a safety lock. It has a mechanical temperature control, an external handle and a quick-freeze setting.

• 28 cubic foot freezer: This is the largest chest freezer Electrolux makes. It has a four-star energy rating and manual defrost. The temperature can be set to as low as -12 degrees. It features six wheels, a safety lock, two baskets and flat back to fit against any wall.

• Upright freezers: Electrolux makes three models of upright freezers. Two have a capacity of 13.7 cubic feet and come in white or stainless steel. The other model is 8 cubic feet and comes in white. The feature electric control panels, wire storage baskets and quick-freeze options.

• Best for: consumers looking for an upright or chest freezer.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout