1.05/5
Based on 70 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: May 14, 2018

646 Electrolux Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 14, 2018

6 Appliances, 12 problems, expensive solutions: We built this new home about 5 years ago. It's just the two of us and our dog. In the past 5 years we use the home about 7 months of the year. Every single appliance has had problems, too many to outline. Some of the problems Electrolux has no fix for other than expensive parts to fix parts that they knew did not work. More problems are on the way, as our microwave has stopped rotating and our freezer is making a funny noise as well as the fan in the convection oven is making sounds that it did not make before. These are all top of the line appliances that should last more than a couple of years of use. However Electrolux does not agree or care. I am going to start a class action lawsuit in Canada against them, my email is **. Write me if you would like to join in.

Original review: May 3, 2018

We recently purchased an Electrolux Oven. The unit came highly recommend on several sites online. The unit arrived with damage, including a defective control panel. Electrolux was initially very friendly and professed a desire to do whatever was needed to fix the unit. In the end, they admitted that they had no parts for the oven and would have to manufacture some. It would take at least a month. They then discussed replacing the oven, but decided it needed to be repaired at least once. Of course there were no parts to repair it. In the end, they did nothing. So we bought another oven. Customer service gets an F.

Get expert buying tips about Freezers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 27, 2018

Thought Electrolux made a good washing machine and I was wrong! This machine was purchased in 2015 and hardly used for the first year. Started using it in 2016, and last year. Now, just found out the bearings are broken (they are plastic), and the machine needs to be junked. Junked! I had a much cheaper Maytag that was around for like ten years. After speaking to the repair guy, I was told that this is common with this machine. That is why I felt compelled to go here and write this review. I know I won't get any result or credit, the thing only has a 1-year warranty. But if I can help one person not buy this POS. Then I would feel better. Companies should not get rewarded for poorly designed products.

Original review: April 27, 2018

I bought a new home last July of 2017 and had a allowance for the range. I wanted a dual oven so they let me upgrade to one. I paid the builder the difference from the allowance I was already paying. The oven has not worked since I got it. Electrolux (Frigidaire) made me go through 7 visits from repair companies (2) and neither could resolve the issue. Electrolux does not make the same model to replace it so I asked for my money back. They will not pay me the full amount but only the addition to my allowance which is only HALF what I paid for it!!! I sent in the paperwork to prove I paid that much and they still refuse. I have lost wages and gas from all the repair visits. I cannot replace my oven for what they will give me. Terrible, terrible company and customer service!!! They said in writing that they would refund the full purchase price.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I have had FOUR refrigerators in Seven years! I bought the first one which was replaced by Electrolux followed by the same thing for a total of 3 times. Unfortunately this last time when the brand new replacement came, it worked for a few hours and then quit, leaving me with ruined food and no refrigerator at all for more than two weeks!! Yes, we have had Electrolux replace their poor quality French door refrigerator but it takes months of calls and repair people visits to come to that. Imagine doing this FOUR times in Seven Years. I am so over. I wake up every day and pray the brand new one is still running!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Electrolux?

Original review: April 7, 2018

When I first bought the side by side Frigidaire Fridge, upon delivery the delivery guys dropped it, and broke the leveler. I called Home Depot, I wanted a replacement so that I wouldn't have problems later on, they would not replace it because I didn't call within 48 hrs, I missed it by 2 hrs. They did repair it. 11 months later it stopped cooling. I called HD, they scheduled a tech from a local company to come out to service it, two weeks go by and have not heard anything. I call HD and ask when they were going to come out, HD gives me the number to call the service co. I call, they said they cant get out for another week, OK fine. On the night before they were to come, they call me said it would be another week. They said they were really busy and couldn't come out to even see what was wrong with it and didn't know when they could.

My guess is that warranty work is not a priority. I called HD, and asked if there was someone else who could service, they set up another company. Another week goes by, I hear nothing, I call HD, they give me the company's phone number and told me to call, they tell me I should be getting a call by the end of the day. However they will give me the number in case they don't.

I asked if they had all the information or if I need a reference number for them? They said, "No, I spoke to them and it is all set, they know all about it and they assured me they will take care of you." They didn't call, I call them the next day. I said to the owner, "You should have been contacted by HD, they said that they gave you all the information about what needs to be done," he says, "About what?" I said, "My fridge," "Yeah I got a call but I'm not doing it, I won't do any warranty work for Electrolux, they owe me money," he went on cursing, cursing and cursing at Electrolux that I had to cut him off and hang up.

I call HD again, I say, "I thought this was all set up with this company," also why they would Electrolux use a company who won't do warranty work and bad mouths them? They really need to find dealers who will support them. I would be embarrassed to send a customer to a company like that. HD looks up another company, another company and asked me to call them, I say, "Wait a minute, first of all you wouldn't even know that the fridge is getting repaired, you call the service companies however you don't follow-up to see if it was actually fixed and that I'm satisfied, I don't get that? I'm the one that has to call you to tell you that I'm having issues, you are relying on your customers to tell you." They said they would call the 3rd company.

A week later, I call HD, no one has contacted me, they call the service company, and call me back, they tell me I should be getting a call by the end of the day. However they will give me their number in case they don't. I call them the next day, they said they would come out in two days, and they do. They determine it is a line leak, they said they don't do leak repairs. I'm now 2 months into this with no fridge and $450.00 of spoiled food. I call HD, they said they would call Electrolux. Another week goes by, I call HD, they tell me that they are trying to get it replaced but Electrolux has to approve it. Another week goes by, HD calls me, Electrolux approved replacement because they couldn't get it fixed, we have to wait for the paperwork.

Another week goes by, I get a call from Electrolux, they asked where I bought it, I ask why they needed that and said Home Depot, he said, "Because we go back to the same company who you bought it from." I'm thinking, you should have already known this, you have been talking to them and approved it. 2 more weeks go by, I don't hear anything, I call HD to see when it is going to be delivered, they have nothing in their system, they have to call me back, two days later I call HD, still can't find me in their system, HD conference calls Electrolux, Electrolux said they ordered it through Lowe's because HD doesn't keep them in stock. Electrolux said I should have received a call by now from Lowes, I'm sure they will call you in the next day. Another week goes by, I get a voicemail from Lowe's, they want me to provide a receipt, they don't have it in stock it has to be special ordered.

I call the Electrolux Corporate Supervisor who I had been talking to up until this time. Her voice mail kicks in, she is on vacation and leaves a phone number and message and to ask for a supervisor at that number. I'm 3 months into this. I call the number and I told the Electrolux Rep on the phone I wanted to talk to the supervisor, she said, "Ok, but first I need to update our system then I will transfer you," she ask me if it was a side by side, I said yes, she then said that, "Lowe's should be in contact with you, have they contacted you," I said, "I wanted to talk to a supervisor, she went on and told me I need to call Lowe's and that they will get it delivered." I asked for her supervisor again, she said, "Sir I'm telling you what you need to do," (Isn't it great when they TELL you what you need to do, instead of doing it for you).

I said, "You don't know the story, I already made contact with Lowe's and it has all changed, that's why I want to talk to your supervisor, in fact I was told to talk to your supervisor, get me your supervisor," she said that it might take a minute, I said, "I have been waiting for 3 months, what's another minute to me, let me talk to your supervisor," "Ok sir one minute," she transfers me, the supervisor comes on, I tell her the story, (It is also noted in their system). She could care less, I said, "I have been without a refrigerator for 3 months, how much time should a person have to wait?" She immediately replied, in a condescending tone, "Well I had to wait for things too," I asked her, "What does that have to do with me?" She said, "Well sir, I'm just saying..." I respond, "I could care less. I need a fridge." I said, "Lowe's wants a receipt before replacing the fridge," she said "Yes, they need that."

I said, "They want a HD receipt?" "Yes they can request that," I explain that I bought it online and I didn't have it, she said, "You have to have it to get a replacement." I said, "You guys (Electrolux) already approved a replacement, you called Lowe's and gave them a PO?" She said it was out of her hands and that it was up to Lowe's, "You need to call Lowe's." Throughout the call her tone was very condescending, as if she didn't want to help. I then asked for her supervisor, she said O.K. However if I wanted her to she would call Lowe's while I was on the phone, I said, "What is that going to do if you are telling me I have to have a receipt for them to have them order it through you?" I asked for her supervisor again, she transfers me to a supervisor who I had already been working with, the one on vacation whose message said to call her.

Why transfer a person when the person isn't in? This is just a small, very small account of what it takes before you get a replacement or even an answer. I still don't have a replacement, I have made numerous calls, promises broken, my father has even called. I'm not even sure if proper training would be beneficial? Based on the fridge being a special order, best estimate to receive the replacement is 4 months. That's if they don't need a receipt. And keep in mind, HD and Electrolux both have in their systems the broken fridge's serial, model number and the date which it was purchased. Furthermore Electrolux Corporate has already approved a replacement and has given Lowe's a P.O. number. One last thing, they want to charge me to Haul their broken refrigerator away.

UPDATE 4/18:

Another week goes by, Lowes tells me they are having a difficult time getting the correct information from Electrolux. I call Electrolux and talk to a different Corp. supervisor, someone in their “Escalation” department, she states that they should not have set this up with Lowes since I didn’t buy it from Lowes and now must go back to Home Depot. However they are also trying to find another retail store to take care of it? She said that my original supervisor I had worked with will call me the following Monday to update me. I get the call on Monday afternoon, the original Corp supervisor tells me that the replacement should never have been processed through Lowes, and that she has idea why it was given to Lowes. I told her that she new I bought it from HD and that I even questioned her on why they would use Lowes? She didn’t know, she said that replacement will be coming from a third party, A third party I asked, so its not coming from HD? She said it looks like its coming from one of our warehouses and we just need to find a delivery company? She said she would contact me once they have it ready to be delivered. Very close to 4 months now from when I first called. My question to Electrolux is this? How long should their customers have to wait to be taken care of, 10 days, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 8months and 1year? Please tell your customers, do you keep benchmark numbers, goals, do you track, do you care? Why do you not give apologies or be sympathetic? Also, since returns, damages, replacements, warranty work is part of doing business, why would you not use it to gain customer loyalty? This is what you do for a living. One last question to Electrolux, it’s not my job to do yours, or is it? My best guess to have a replacement is now 5 months.

Update to follow.

Original review: April 2, 2018

After having multiple appliances replaced (double over, dishwasher, refrigerator doors, wine cooler and beverage center doors), and 7! separate trips to my house by a service tech, we still have nothing but problems. Their customer service doesn't seem to care. When ordering replacement filters, they can’t even get this right. Horrible company, horrible service, rotten product.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I purchased a Front loader Electrolux brand washer and dryer on February 19 from Home Depot for a President's Day sale. I was given a delivery date on March 3. Four days before they were supposed to deliver, Electrolux called me and asked if they could deliver on March 31, because my dryer was back ordered and they would only deliver them together. I told them that was very inconvenient because I had no other washer and dryer and I had a 6 month old baby. I asked them what I should do. They told me to call Home Depot.

Home Depot was helpful, they said they would reimburse me $300 the cost it would be for laundry service. On March 28, I called Electrolux to make sure they were delivering my washer/dryer on the 31st. They told me that again my dryer was backordered and they would not be delivering it until May 16. They said there was nothing they could do that I would have to contact Home Depot for any help. I asked if they were planning on just not calling me and letting me sit around all day waiting for my delivery to not happen and she said, "Well, we try and contact our customers but we don't always get to everyone." Needless to say, I'm fuming angry and I am going to try and cancel my order and find something else.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I refuse to give them any stars... My new fridge has had problem from day one. Ice maker not functioning properly, water keeps dripping from the dispenser, the freezer is not aligned. Have had so many service calls from the first day still when you try speaking with the Electrolux contact center (somewhere in US) only answer that you get is, "We can't do anything. You will have to call for service as until THEY think it can be repaired." Pls don't waste your money & time in buying Frigidaire/Electrolux products. Worst products.

Original review: March 23, 2018

Awful experience with model #EFME517SIW 8.0 cu. (Electrolux Dryer 2016) .The front door rattles at very high decibels as does the flimsy rear panel. We can't stand the noise and disruption within our home. Called Electrolux and they claimed that after one year, there is no warranty coverage for this issue. Unfortunately, we purchased the washer/dryer set while the home was under renovations and were unable to use the appliances for several months. By the time we used the appliances, the horrible rattling started, but warranty ended. My former GE clothes dryer worked perfectly and quietly for 10 years, never requiring service. I'll never purchase from Electrolux again and will tell post as many reviews as possible about their poorly made and overpriced clothes dryer.

Original review: March 23, 2018

Purchased Electrolux fridge model EI123BC361IS in 2010. Yesterday noticed not cooling. After troubleshooting it was determined light switch not functioning which resulted with bulbs (4) staying actively lit after doors closed. The bulbs super heated fridge causing internal temp to read 99 degrees. The heat from the bulbs melted a hole in internal plastic wall exposing styrofoam insulation. Partially melted another hole over another light. Lower bulbs turned sockets dark brown and also began to melt plastic there as well. Contacted customer service said machine not under warranty. No kidding, I told them not really interested in warranty, I wanted to let them know it poses a fire threat. Their response was to advise me to call a technician and examine it. I suggested to them they should send out a representative at their own expense and forwarded photos to them. Did not get the impression they really care and were not very helpful.

Original review: March 13, 2018

DON’T EVER BUY ELECTROLUX APPLIANCES! September 2015 is when we purchased a new Electrolux dishwasher to replace our very old dishwasher probably over 30 years old. Never had a problem with the old dishwasher. It served its purpose but could not run anymore. We were excited to buy a new dishwasher hoping that it would sanitize and clean dishes better. Since we got the new Electrolux dishwasher in September 2015, it has broken down 6 times. Also does not clean well and I rinse everything before I place in dishwasher. It’s only 2.5 years old.

Called Electrolux over 20 times getting it repaired and begging them to replace the dishwasher because we were sold a lemon. Every time they denied replacing it. There are a few inconsiderate rude Electrolux agents that I talked to and lied to me. I have been lied to many times by Electrolux agents and they keep their stories straight. I record everything; calls, notes, confirmation numbers. Horrible customer service!

Original review: March 12, 2018

All my Electrolux appliances broke down. The dryer quit and had to replace the motherboard. The microwave broke and replaced it with another over the range microwave and the handle broke within few months. Then last week my Electrolux dishwasher caught fire. It was the motor that caught fire and spread to the insulation. The fire department came and put out the fire and whole house was damaged with smoke. Insurance is handling the claim and I had to pay the $1000 deductible and the dishwasher is not covered by the insurance. It was a loss close to 10 grand. Electrolux wasn't even ready to pay someone to come and do an inspection and I had to pay an authorized repairman to come and submit the report to Electrolux. He is coming tomorrow to do the inspection. I am really frustrated with Electrolux appliances and their accountability.

Original review: March 10, 2018

When reading the following please keep in mind that all of it occurs from 1/13/16 through 1/3/17 - a period of less than 1 year. During this period, service technicians were at our house 13 times! In addition to that time, we also spent HUNDREDS of hours on the phone with Electrolux, Frigidaire and appliance repair companies.

We purchased from Sears a Frigidaire standalone freezer. The freezer was less than 1 year old when problems started which didn't bode well for the future so we purchased a 3-year extended warranty from Electrolux which handles the warranties for Frigidaire. The freezer continually developed icicles inside the door, the drain continued to freeze and condensation had nowhere to go, so thick sheets of ice then formed and built up on the bottom of the freezer to the extent that the slide-out drawer was frozen solid and could not be utilized until the frost-free freezer was defrosted to release the drawer. This required that we find a place for all of the food that was in the freezer while it defrosted.

At one point the freezer stopped (while we were out of town) and we came home to more than $1,000 of food loss and a smell that still is not completely gone. Of course, that loss was not covered by Electrolux or Frigidaire. The extended warranty covers replacement of the appliance as a "lemon" if a part fails at least 3 times AND a repair tech says it can't be fixed. Electrolux was able to string us along for more than a year because each time a tech came out for the SAME PROBLEM, they tried to fix it by replacing a different PART and the "lemon" protection only applies if the SAME PART fails 3 times. (Several parts were replaced 2 times.) So they kept replacing different parts to fix the same problem and none of it worked.

The first repair company finally told Electrolux, they couldn't correct the problem and were not going to keep coming out, so Electrolux assigned another company to pursue the problem. That was equally unsuccessful so they tried a third repair company. That third company also told Electrolux the freezer was not able to be fixed. Most service calls required multiple visits because the tech would come out, decide what part needed to be replaced but NEVER had the part in their vehicle so they had to go back and the part had to be ordered requiring another visit for the same service call. The parts almost never came in when expected and the repair companies rarely called to say the parts were in - so we always had to do the follow-up.

Several times a single service call required 3, 4 and once even 5 trips to our house because the tech needed a different part, or there were supposed to be 2 parts but the tech showed up with only one, etc. Each trip required us to be at home and therefore we had to arrange our schedules to accommodate the technician. And we had to be available for a minimum of 4 hours because they only give you a "window" during which a tech will arrive and it was not unusual that the tech was running behind and wouldn't make it during the 4 hour window. On one occasion, the appointment was supposed to be between 8:00 and 12:00 and the tech finally showed up at 7:30 pm - almost 12 hours after the start of the 4-hour window.

We eventually contacted state agencies, which then contacted Electrolux/Frigidaire on our behalf. Electrolux made the following offer: For a delivery/removal charge of $150, they would replace the "lemon" freezer with the EXACT SAME MODEL and, OUR WARRANTY WAS NOT VALID FOR THE NEW FREEZER even though there were still 2 years on the warranty we had already purchased. WE WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER PRODUCT FROM SEARS. We will never purchase an Electrolux or Frigidaire appliance. Choose your appliance carefully!

Original review: March 7, 2018

After 6 months, my Electrolux gas dryer stopped working. Relieved it was still under warranty, I contacted Electrolux. That was a week ago and my dryer is still not repaired. The hold up is that the 2 lb part that the repairman determined was needed is in North Carolina and I live in California. Electrolux has refused to expedite delivery and has sent it via UPS SurePost which will take 8 days. This costs about $10 vs the $37 2-day UPS services costs. More disturbingly, after much insistence on my part, Electrolux agreed to send it via 2-day UPS service but then did not do it.

I have wasted so much time and energy trying to get through to Electrolux customer service agents and then trying to get information out of them. They have gone back and forth telling me stories about the shipping details. Escalating to supervisors has been useless, they, too, make general statements such as, "I understand how frustrating this must be to not have your dryer for a long period of time". The lack of real interest in customer service is shocking and I will never be purchasing Electrolux again. Just wanted to warn other consumers.

Original review: March 2, 2018

Model # E130BM6CPSA. Purchased this Electrolux OTR Microwave with the convection and grill in the hopes that I could get rid of my Breville convection toaster oven from our kitchen counter. Unfortunately no luck in doing that. Purchased Aug.31, 2017 and because the kitchen cupboards had to be modified to accommodate the microwave it sat in the box until Jan. 5, 2018 when it got installed by professional cabinet installers who have done this many times. The microwave works well, however when I went to use the convection cooking function I ended up using it 2X as long as the toaster oven and then had to put it in the toaster oven to actually get past just being warm. Next day I tried to use the grill function to cook 6 small breakfast sausages and they also took 2X as long so I put them in the fry pan to finish.

I call Electrolux customer service and they gave me 3 service companies to contact. We had one of them come and check out the unit and it never got to the temperature he entered on the unit and call Electrolux and the customer service rep he reached said the convection function takes about 40 min to reached the desired temp. (So I can only guess the preheat function is not working, but 40 minutes really.) The service tech then tried again to preheat the convection function and redid it for a 1/2 hour with no luck and call Electrolux a 2nd time that day. The customer service rep said that my expectation for this microwave were too high. Also the customer service rep pointed out to me that the manufacture date on the unit is 2015 and I purchased it in August 2017 so he suggested that I contact Electrolux again and tell them that I am not satisfied with the microwave which I did.

The customer service rep did confirm to me that there was a note on file of my issue and said she would contact someone about my dissatisfaction with the microwave and get back to me the next day. No one called me back and I patiently waited and then finally called them back 2 weeks later and was basically told there is nothing wrong with the microwave and there is nothing they can do. I will never purchase another Electrolux convection/grill microwave and will purchase a Panasonic next time.

Original review: March 1, 2018

After purchasing an $1,100 dryer you would hope to get some longevity out of it. After less than 3 weeks, the dryer belt burned out. 3 months later the same thing happened again. The second time Electrolux sent a service tech who came without parts left and said he would come back again the next morning. Did not show up so we have a dryer in pieces with no word back. Electrolux basically took no responsibility for either the product, which is clearly still under warranty, or on the service techs who they are dispatching. A completely disappointing experience. Will never purchase from them again.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

36" Electrolux Icon Professional Series Counter Depth French Door - For a refrigerator that costs 3700.00 you would think it would last WELL. You would be WRONG. Not a good investment. I do not recommend this product at all. We have had the rubber seals go bad. Pieces of some plastic just brake off and now the repairman tells us that the ice maker just ate itself. We have no power to it at all, good thing we were home. The service guy said he has seen where they have caught fire. Again glad we were home. Customer service is NO HELP AT ALL. If it was broke we did it and not covered. We have our old fridge downstairs. It is 10 years old and was 800.00 and would put the Electrolux to SHAME. So please stay away from this product. You will be glad you did.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

We have a defective Electrolux refrigerator. According to the repairman, our ice maker was not insulated sufficiently from the back panel of the refrigerator. It has caused condensate to form on the back of the appliance. We discovered a large (about 6" in diameter) rust spot there with a trailing one of about 18" or so. There is condensate on the back that drips continually and the metal is actually flaking off. We have no idea how long this has been going on. We only discovered it because of a kitchen remodel.

Meanwhile, it has been dripping down to a wood floor. We could be dealing with mold inside the back panel or eventually on the back of the refrigerator and wall (which I am highly allergic to). We have contacted Electrolux and all that was offered was us contacting another repairman (at our expense). They are not honoring their warranty. I also have an Electrolux stove. I'm not feeling very good about it now! These appliances are expensive. I will never buy another Electrolux or Frigidaire product.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

We bought the refrigerator in July of 2014 New from Lowe's. Immediately we had to place a claim for uneven doors. 1 year later after warranty had expired. All the rear panel from the refrigerator side was entirely cracked. The representative refused to do anything because the unit's warranty had already expired. Last Night my wife opened the refrigerator door and a lot of white smoke came out. She open the freezer and the entire upper door and ice unit were melted and black. It caught on fire. We quickly disconnected it from power. We are in the process of putting a claim to Electrolux.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

A one star rating is drastically too high for a company which I would consider the epitome of 'Worst Customer Service' ever! When we purchased our new home, our builder offered a suite of Electrolux appliances, which appeared to be a good compliment to our home. Fast forward 30 days into our new home and we are already contacting Electrolux to have our new double oven serviced. 1) Temperature settings are not accurate as things cook at different rates every time we use it (Burns one time and then the next it will take twice as long as prescribed). 2) The fan on the top "quiet" oven sounds more like a jet engine spooling up for operation. Both issues were addressed with Electrolux.

First service call - One repair technician shows up and then proceeds to inform us that it is a two person job, thus the service call has to be rescheduled. Next call, technician diagnoses the issues and orders parts. Parts arrive about a week later...another week goes by when I find out from my wife that they did not set up a follow-on appointment, nor have they called to set one up since the parts have arrived. That was the first time that I learned that Electrolux does not even attempt to go the extra mile for their customers. I called Electrolux and set my follow-on appointment...being spoiled by other companies with exceptional customer service cost me weeks in turn around repair time. Follow-on appointment happens and the parts are replaced and supposedly repaired. Oven still spooled up as if the generators were getting ready to come online and bring the aircraft to life and the temperatures settings were still unreliable.

Over the course of my first 10 months, we dealt with this issue multiple times until we hit our breaking point as each time of dealing with the oven repair was mentally and emotionally exhausting with Electrolux. (The process is not smooth...I would say broken, but I don't think it has ever been a well established process.) After the last unsuccessful repair, I contacted Electrolux customer service number to request a replacement oven...the customer service agent pushed back stating that the part would have to be serviced again before replacing. We then had a heart to heart discussion about how we were not going to be inconvenienced for another repair attempt when all of the previous attempts failed. Our request was sent to the "Back Office People" for review for replacement for which he stated we would receive a determination via email in a few days.

Fast forward again a few weeks...I get an email from some random delivery company stating that they were shipping an Electrolux oven to my address. Yes, that is how I found out that Electrolux had decided to replace my oven...in case you are not aware by now, never expect Electrolux North America to ever go the extra mile - aka email you to let you know they are replacing your busted oven. In November 2017, a delivery driver just appeared at our house without a pre-notification and proceeded to deliver our replacement oven. He then proceeded to let our new oven come crashing down on our driveway in front of my wife, who was luckily outside watering our grass at the time. My wife was astonished that the delivery driver continued to deliver the oven...and when approached, he stated that "had she not been out there, he would have dropped it in the garage and left without ever saying a word."

The questionable ethics of the deliver driver spooked my wife into fear that denying the delivery would only mean that shady driver takes oven away only for same company to bring same oven back a few days later. Since November 22nd, 2017 - we have been dealing with Electrolux North America to come to an acceptable solution to have a one for one swap completed. As sadly as it may sound, I have truly learned that Electrolux North America (especially North American Liaison Rita **) could not care less about the customer and their overall experience. All attempts to have the situation addressed with a means that would put their customer at ease...have fallen on deaf ears.

Electrolux customer service, as well as Rita **, will only address a rigid black and white approach of how situations are to be addressed according to a policy and will never apply the "Reasonable Person Theory," which would require them to listen to their customers and understand their concerns with at least the slightest bit of compassion. Recommendation - Do not buy Electrolux appliances or appliances of any of their sister companies. If you need any repairs, you will surely regret ever making that purchase...that I can guarantee.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

I purchased an Electrolux double ( EW30E65GS8) 5 years ago. The top oven developed a crack in the floor which you can see the heating element. I contacted Electrolux who stated that they no longer manufacture the part. I contacted the dealer who states that I have recourse but to purchase another oven. There was no help available from Electrolux. Even some price reduction for purchasing a new oven. Disappointed with the entire process.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

We bought our current washer and dryer set around 3 years ago. After the first few months the washer EIFLS60LT1 completely failed and needed a new drum, bearing belt and pulley. It was replaced for us. After another few months the exact same problem came up and got fixed under warranty. Now a couple years later the same problem is starting again with failing bearings and also the LCD screen quit working shortly after it was fixed under warranty.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I have had a new $950 dryer that the blower is out on. I have only had the machine for 2 months. They won’t replace the machine. After town ninths, the machine should be replaced and not "worked on". If I had wanted a refurbished machine which this will be once they start replacing parts, I would have bought one and saved the money… NO help from Electrolux except parroting the warranty. DO NOT BUY ELECTROLUX! I bought my friend a GE set for half the price–worked just as well with NO problems.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

BUYER BEWARE!!! When my boyfriend and I bought our house, we purchased an Electrolux washer and dryer set. Since we purchased them, the washer has leaked into the drawer randomly and the dryer has burned our clothes multiple times. They have replaced the back grate 3 times already and it keeps turning black and burning our clothes. Now it’s been fixed since yesterday and the grate is black again. Upon further research, I’ve found multiple people with the same complaint. Please do not buy anything from Electrolux. Their products suck. Their service sucks. Their accountability sucks. I want a new friggin dryer!!!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

We purchased a new washer and dryer and was promised a $200 rebate from Electrolux. The products were purchase late October of 2017 and were delivered early Nov. 2017. We filed for the rebate online as it was supposed to be a “lot quicker”. Several days later, on November 21, we received an email stating that our request was received and that it would take approximately 7 business days to review the claim. The email lists a link to check on the status of the claim. However when you go to the website it is a non-secure website and we get a warning that it is not recommended to open the link. On Dec. 20th we received an email that said the prepaid Citibank MasterCard for $200 was mailed to us and we should receive it within 3 weeks. (Not sure what planet it was mailed from that takes 3 weeks).

The email stated a number to call if we did not receive within the 3 weeks. As of today, 1/15/2018 we have not received the rebate card so my wife, called that number. She was told it was processed on the 11th. When questioned about that he said it was “requested by Electrolux on Jan. 11th. When questioned further he said we should receive it by the 25th of this month. "However if we do not have it by then call back". It is rather obvious that the scam is to not mail the rebate unless the customer complains that they have not received it in the hope that the customer will forget about it. Also obvious is that we are not going to forget about it so hopefully it will actually be sent soon. Of course if and when we get the rebate it is prepaid credit card which I am sure they hope we will lose and not use. We will probably never purchase anything from this company again as they are not trustworthy and we are not comfortable with their sales tactics.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

In January, 2017 we purchased the top of the line Electrolux Washer and Gas Dryer. Shortly after the washing machine was installed, water started to leak from under the unit. It flooded our laundry room. A week later a "tech" showed up and diagnosed that a pump was installed incorrectly at the factory. Two weeks later it was replaced. Guess what? It continued to leak. This time I asked for a different tech to come out to ensure he knew what he was doing. He determined it was a different pump that was cracked so another part had to be ordered. By this time I was so upset that I demanded a new machine.

After much negotiation, Electrolux agreed to replace the washer. Now last week, our dryer stopped working. We started to notice about a month ago that it was taking longer to dry clothes. Finally on Jan. 5th exactly one year from when we took delivery, the machine stopped working. I called Electrolux Jan. 8th and they said the one year warranty is up so I have to pay for a service call. The customer service at this company is terrible and they forget who is paying their salaries. I will never buy another Electrolux appliance and I urge others to avoid them like the plague!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

I purchased my new Electrolux slide in range with the three year warranty including thermal breakage of the glass top. I had the range for just over a month and was simmering vegetables when the glass made a "pop" & then a "crackle" sound. The glass had shattered into flakes and then cracked. Customer service asked me to send pictures which I did. They immediately blamed me and said that I must have dropped something on it. Three months later and after being runaround they now claim that my pot was dirty and stuck to the glass so is not covered by the warranty.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

I have a high end Electrolux refrigerator that is only 5 years old. The ice maker rusted through the back of the refrigerator and a softball size lump of ice was sticking out of the rusted area. The repairman stated the refrigerator was not repairable, he notified Electrolux and stated Electrolux would make good on it. Electrolux offered a 20% rebate on my next Electrolux refrigerator purchase because of the age of my refrigerator. My refrigerator is 5 years old. A refrigerator life expectancy is 14-17 years, making the average 15.5 years. My refrigerator lasted less than 1/3 of the average expectancy and I expected Electrolux to give me 2/3 off my next purchase.

They stated my refrigerator was past warranty. Well Electrolux, this was a KNOWN manufacturer’s defect and you allowed the warranty to expire without informing your consumers. I bought Electrolux because I believed you to be upfront and honest and to stand behind your product and most of all to do the right thing. I couldn't be more wrong. I will never buy from you again and that includes your Frigidaire brand and I will be sure to let everyone I know and even strangers that you do NOT stand behind your product and are deceptive by not disclosing manufacturer defects to consumers at every opportunity.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

I was assisting my sister who had an Electrolux refrigerator that was leaking water at the bottom, in the front. After following the common troubleshooting for this kind of problem, I found that the drain trough was clogged with ice, preventing water from going through the drain tube into the drain pan. To get to the drain trough, I had to take most of the freezer apart-removing the ice maker, removing the housing containing the auger motor and dispenser solenoid, and removing two long metal covers held together by several screws.

Whoever designed this flunked out of engineering school. Just to get to the light bulb, you have to remove the ice maker and the housing with the auger motor. What happened to just placing the light bulb socket on the ceiling, as is done with other refrigerator models? I'm fairly handy with mechanical work, I've built my own computers. This model is set up to make the average user have to call a service tech for the simplest repairs. Stay away from Electrolux, the design is just terrible.

Electrolux expert review by Jonathan Trout

Electrolux is known for making kitchen, laundry and home care appliances. They also make 12 sizes of chest freezer ranging in size from 3.5 to 28 cubic feet.

• 3.5 cubic foot freezer: This is the smallest chest freezer made by Electrolux. It comes with one removable wire basket, mechanical temperature control, manual defrosting and a safety lock. It has a four-star energy rating.

• 7.0 cubic foot freezer: This is one of Electrolux’s midsize chest freezers. It features a mechanical temperature control, interior light, manual defrost, a recessed handle and a safety lock. It also includes adjustable legs. It comes with a four-star energy rating.

• 14.8 cubic foot freezer: The 14.8 cubic foot chest freezer has a four-star energy rating, four wire baskets for convenient storage and a safety lock. It has a mechanical temperature control, an external handle and a quick-freeze setting.

• 28 cubic foot freezer: This is the largest chest freezer Electrolux makes. It has a four-star energy rating and manual defrost. The temperature can be set to as low as -12 degrees. It features six wheels, a safety lock, two baskets and flat back to fit against any wall.

• Upright freezers: Electrolux makes three models of upright freezers. Two have a capacity of 13.7 cubic feet and come in white or stainless steel. The other model is 8 cubic feet and comes in white. The feature electric control panels, wire storage baskets and quick-freeze options.

• Best for: consumers looking for an upright or chest freezer.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout