1.10/5

681 Electrolux Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Purchased second most expensive dryer from Electrolux’s assortment. Less than 10 months the dryer started making a terrible sound. A technician came out twice unable to fix. Essentially requiring to replace all internal parts. Electrolux customer service department is filled with incompetent individuals that do not understand the meaning of customer service. Each person I spoke with, were not solution oriented or the slightest bit empathetic to the issue(s) at hand.

I emailed the head of appliances in North America (Alan Shaw) in hopes he could have an individual or team to assist with the issue. I was contacted by a horrendously rude woman (Rita **) who was curt and not once apologized for the inconvenience. She offered a 20% discount on an extended warranty. Since then I emailed the CEO of all Electrolux worldwide and have very little confidence he or anyone else in company will be accommodating or offer any resemblance of customer service. DO NOT BUY ELECTROLUX PRODUCTS.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

Purchased $855 Whirlpool washing machine from Harvey Norman Mornington 3 weeks ago. First wash after delivery and install the house flooded. Rang customer service and next Monday a "repairman" arrived who said the new machine could not be repaired. Our newly laid carpets were flooded and our insurer was there on the Saturday commencing the drying process. We sustained $2k damage and had to pay $500 excess. The Electrolux company refuses our request to cover the damages or even remove the machine from the laundry! They said they may refund the machine cost if we send them a bank statement to verify our identity. Next stop is ACCC. This treatment by Electrolux seems endemic from all the reviews.

Get expert buying tips about Freezers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I purchased a washer and dryer combo about a year ago that came with a $100 visa card rebate. I submitted the rebate application that day. I waited for months but got nothing in the mail. I decided to call back to see what was going on and it turns out that the rebate was declined because my zip code was missing from the invoice from the store, yet I entered it on the application. All the other information was identical. They state that I was notified via email but never received anything regarding it. Electrolux refused to resend the $100 gift card when I contacted customer support. I see similar rebates currently advertised on their products so I don't see why they can't just resend the gift card.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I got the Electrolux dishwasher as a package from our home builder. We had problems from the start. Within the first year, while it was still under warranty, we had to get it serviced three times. It would not dry the dishes, the pump failed so it would discharge the water. Right now the touch controls are unusable. I have to open-close the door ~10 times before I can simply press start. Forget about selecting any custom wash cycle. Every so often even that does not work and I have to cycle the power to the unit at the fuse box. We are waiting for the unit to die to replace it. My only consolation is that I did not spend any money on service. I am never buying another Electrolux appliance again, and I am telling everyone I know to follow suit.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I have all Electrolux appliances that we got from our home builder. After only 3 years, one day the outer glass on the door burst while pre-heating the oven. There was no impact on the door. There was no one near the door, fortunately. Overall, I regret choosing Electrolux appliances. I wish we picked another brand. I had even worse experience with the dishwasher which I write about separately.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Electrolux?

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

To all my family, friends and shipmates: Please forward this on to as many people as possible in order to get the widest amount of coverage as possible! My wife and I purchased a new Electrolux Refrigerator (Model Number EW23BC70IS) on 25 May 2009 at a cost of $3699.00 for our new home. In less than a year were so many problems with the refrigerator; ice maker not working and freezer drawer cracked (which were covered under warranty), that Electrolux finally replaced it with another one (Model Number EW23BC71IS) on 29 April 2011.

On 9 August 2013 there was a service call to replace electronic board and ice maker. On 5 September 2016 another service call to install Rear Insulation Kit. Finally, on 16 May 2018, a service call to install Air Handler. Then less than month later, on 13 June 2018, a service call to Beach Appliance Service, LLC., regarding frozen water line, no ice or water, and large mold patch on wall next to the back of refrigerator in addition to water dripping from back of refrigerator.

The bottom line is that even though Electrolux was contacted both by Beach Appliance Service, who provided a total of 18 pictures (including mold), and myself (at least 5 phone calls) regarding this issue, Electrolux’s bottom line was that the refrigerator was out of warranty and that they would be happy to give me 10% off a new refrigerator. Please tell everyone you know what a lousy product Electrolux makes and that no one should buy anything from them or go through what we did. Since I didn't any resolution from Electrolux, I am now taking them to small claims court.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I got a double door Electrolux refrigerator this year. The day I got I have issues on cooling too much and spoiling things. I have complain thrice in this six month. I am not getting a solution. The worst service and worst fridge I ever seen.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

Our washing machine broke after less than two years. We were required to use their service provider and have had NO resolution for 5 WEEKS! New parts ordered and many service appointments. Electrolux refuses to replace our machine which is irreparable. Customer service has been totally unhelpful. We will never buy an Electrolux product again. VERY disappointed and STILL without a washing machine.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

2 years ago we received an Electrolux french door refrigerator as a replacement for the same refrigerator that lasted one year. The ice maker stopped working at 1.5 years and now it won't stay cold. The master repair technician concluded the whole thing is beyond repair. We have now been without a refrigerator for almost 3 weeks as Electrolux tries to determine how and when to replace it. Very dissatisfied with the durability of this $3500 product and the customer service is slow and unresponsive. They keep assuring me that it is moving forward and seem satisfied with their response. I would not recommend spending any money with this company.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I purchased an extended service agreement on my washer, waste of time and money. It has been 3 weeks and my washing machine is still broken and leaks. I finally had the service come back today to repair the pump, but after he left I ran a load and my whole laundry room was flooded. When I called Electrolux the customer service representative asked me what the problem was after I explained the whole situation, he didn't think the water leaking from the machine was an issue for them to deal with. Not to mention waiting 3 weeks for my washer to be fix the amount of mold that grew inside by the motor and pump was ridiculous, especially when I asked the technician on his original visit to please open the machine to remove broken pump and that I could clean it all out.

Instead today when the machine was open water came pouring out that had been sitting in there for 3 weeks! Today is Monday and it has been 3 weeks since I called for repair, still can't use my washer, and was given an 8am-5pm time slot on Friday! So ridiculous! I have spoken to supervisors and have gotten nowhere. I will never buy another Electrolux product again! I'm done dealing with them, they will now be hearing from my lawyer.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Tech advised over one thousand dollars in repairs and option to purchase a warranty for over $400. What?! Um, no! Bye Electrolux, won't be seeing my money in your pockets anytime soon. A 3 year old $3200.00 range that doesn’t get much use, again if I can help you save thousands by my review, throwing that POS in the trash is worth every penny.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I bought a refrigerator brand new from this company about 3 years ago. Since buying my refrigerator they have been out 4 times to service the same part. 5 times if I can finally get someone to come out and service my refrigerator yet again because it stopped getting cold. I have had 2 appointments and know one have shown up. They was either canceled by the company or the worker never showed up. When asked will I be reimbursed for my food. I was told they don't do that. This company is HORRIBLE.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I purchased a $3200 induction range/oven 3 years ago. It suddenly out of nowhere stopped working. I heard a loud pop and error code e 31 came up. I called service providers in the area and they referred me to Electrolux directly. Took a whole week for the service to come. I was given an 8-5 time frame. Spent all day waiting only to be told service person called phone on file and no answer so service person that works for Electrolux decided not to show up. Next appointment available in another week. They obviously have control of their parts and want to monopolize the service aspect of their products. Don’t be held hostage by this company and order a different brand. Horrible experience.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I have seen a lot of bad reviews on here for Electrolux, which I find surprising. I write a lot of reviews, many of them are of a negative nature, but I am happy to say that this review of Electrolux, is anything but negative. Never in my 63 years of life have I ever received better customer service that I have from Electrolux. World Class Customer Support is an understatement. They went above and beyond to make sure that my issue with an Electrolux appliance, in my case a Window A/C was taken care of! I cannot sing their praises enough! I can honestly say, that this company has me for a customer for life, and every time I replace an appliance in the future it will be and Electrolux brand! You cannot go wrong with this company!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I purchased a refrigerator in October 2017 and by January 2018 it completely stopped staying cold. A servicer was scheduled to come out within 2 weeks so all of my food went bad. A $50 'good gesture' gift card was mailed out to a short time later. A few months later the exact same thing happened and I lost all of my food again. If that was not enough, in September 2018, my refrigerator stopped staying cold AGAIN and AGAIN I lost all of my food.

This issue was eventually elevated to the corporate supervisors, in which I had the displeasure of speaking to Shanell out of Augusta, GA. She was extremely rude and lacked basic customer service skills. She stated that these refrigerators are "MAN MADE" and that's what happens sometimes. At this time, I have been advised it'll be roughly a week before anyone can come out to diagnose the issue and apparently there's only one technician in my area and he only does service work on Wednesdays. I will never, ever, purchase another Electrolux product. I've never had this many issues with an appliance company at all. Buyers beware!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

We purchased an Electrolux French door refrigerator five years ago. It is now dead, as a problem with the ice maker caused the back of the refrigerator to completely rust out. I researched the issue and saw that this has happened dozens or hundreds of times with Electrolux refrigerators. I tried to get some satisfaction from the CEO, Alan Shaw, but he would not take my call, hiding behind a woman named Rita. They did offer me a 25% rebate on a new Electrolux product, but I would think since it is a known problem, and the unit only lasted 5 years, I would get a rebate of 65-75%.

I was shocked when Rita told me that Electrolux refrigerators only last for 5-7 years. I don’t think I have ever had a refrigerator last less than 20 years. I have a new slogan for Electrolux - “buy an Electrolux - they only last 1/2 as long as the competition." Obviously, I will never buy another Electrolux product and I would encourage you to avoid them at all costs. They have no interest in customer satisfaction.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

We built our dream house in late 2013. We purchased a washer, dryer, refrigerator, double oven, gas cooktop, dishwasher and an under counter ice maker. All ELECTROLUX. The washer is full of mold, the oven cooks unevenly, my refrigerator ice maker is unreliable - having its own mind and only sporadically makes ice. At one point after several months of use it dispensed pieces of styrofoam along with ice cubes. Have already replaced the dishwasher due to excessive service calls and mold. The latest slap in the face was my under counter ice maker just stopped working. Called Electrolux. They sent a repair person out - the service call was $145.00 - it was a crack in the propeller on the circulation pump. To replace, the estimate was about $800. It was only used a handful of times, mostly during the holidays. It will be on the curb for trash day. Electrolux products are horrible and so is their customer service department.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

We redid our kitchen on 2012, installing a full suite of Electrolux products. The refrigerator was an odd size, so we spend a fair amount of money building cabinetry around it to make it fit. The refrigerator worked for about four and a half years and then needed the computer replaced. Since then, there have been three additional repairs needed, replacing the fan, heating coil and thermostat. The last repair was two months ago. We have spend approx. $1,200 on these repairs.

The unit is now not working again. I called Electrolux to explain the situation and ask if they would be willing to assist us with the purchase of a new refrigerator, given the issues with this one. I really don't want a new one, but don't want to incur the cabinetry bills for another refrigerator as I don't know that I can find one of the same size. They said they were not willing to offer any assistance. Their products are expensive, don't last and they don't stand behind it. All good reasons to never buy any of their products.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

We bought our Zen vacuum cleaner in fall 2016, the main selling point being that it was claimed to be "the most silent vacuum cleaner in the world". Well, it was silent for the first weeks. Then, there was this loud squeaky noise when vacuuming carpets. Turned out there was an air leak around the fitting of the tube in the handle due to cheap plastic that wears out in no time. Also turned out that the two year warranty did not cover the tube, which was only covered by 6 months. Within these 6 months we had the tube replaced three times, but to what use? The construction itself is wrong in combination with poor material, and it will wear out again no matter how many times you replace the part. This flaw also applies to the built-in nozzle holders that are too weak to hold the nozzle/tube in place. It keeps falling out making noise and waking up the children.

Zen is anything but the most silent vacuum cleaner. One more thing while I am at it, the buttons! They are designed for the sake of design, but are absolute useless. Let's just say that the power button of Zen combines the versatility of traditional buttons, and the tactility of a touch screen. Press it and behold, nothing happens! In short, vacuum cleaners from Electrolux may look (and sound) good at a first glance, but the quality is a disgrace for Swedish engineering.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

Warning. Do not buy from this company. We bought a Frigidaire double oven. Paid $1500. The very first time we try to cook on it the unit completely shorted out. We contacted Electrolux. They sent out J&M appliances to repair the unit. They replaced the fans four times, the motherboard three or four times plus numerous other parts. J&M Appliances have been to my house 10 times to fix different things but it went wrong with the unit and four times to diagnose it. They called Electrolux for me trying to get me a new unit being it was only a few months old. Electrolux denied the new unit so, I’ve sent emails to the CEO jonas.samuelson@electrolux.com and I believe it was the Vice President jan.brockmann@electrolux.com. Neither of them have responded back to me.

Here’s the kicker. I spoke with a RITA **. She’s some kind of an executive assistant pretty high up. I told her I wanted a new unit. That this was ridiculous having to leave work and meet the service rep 14 times. So she told me she was not going to replace the unit. I was out of luck. Mind you it’s still under the one-year warranty. I have proof with the receipt. She didn’t care.

Also Rita ** put a block on my Electrolux account so nobody else can help me with the problem anymore. I’ve called them numerous times asking to speak or two different managers and the managers tell me that she put a lock on it and only she can get into my account now. Be warned about this company. Do not purchase any of their appliances. The one year manufacturer warranty or any other warranties do not matter to this company. Do your research. Read all the reviews on Facebook, Yelp and any other social media. I should’ve done it before I purchased with them. I would not have bought any of my appliances through them. This is one crooked company.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

We bought a new house and the appliance package was through Electrolux. I really wish I had taken the appliance credit and bought my own. We had used the cooktop for a couple of months when the first knob broke. The knobs are unfortunately plastic in the area that counts. So I called and got a new knob. Now I have 5 that are cracked and one that is so bad I couldn't turn off the gas with it.

Called this morning and had to pay 250.00 to get five knobs. Was told that the "next time" I would get them for free. How nice of them. They should fix the knobs for free since its their design flaw that makes them break. Plastic housings for a metal pin- and when it breaks sometimes you think you have the gas off and then realize that it's not off and leaking out. It could burn someones house down. And Electrolux would be responsible. Make a new knob guys! Why rely on a cheap plastic housing for a metal pin. Especially one that controls gas. My DCS cooktop was just as great for cooking and the knobs were way better.

Original review: July 26, 2018

Client purchased Microwave range hood model number (ME16H702SES) Serial number (078N7WTJ301913R) approximately 11/25/2015. After approximately 20 hours of use over the period of a year or so the keyboard on the door was nonresponsive. Flashed 12:00 repeatedly but touchpad would not respond. Electrolux Frigidaire, through their automated response system, supplied the name of a appliance repair company, Best Aid Appliances Service (760-494-6444). We contacted Best Aid Appliances on 1/15/2016. According to the receipt I have. They said they would let us know when somebody will be able to come out and inspect the microwave. A few weeks went by and we agreed on a appointment. They said they are free would be $150. And we had to charge us $75 for a diagnosis fee and $75 upon the repair of the microwave. Over the course of a month or so they arrived three times. Each time they were sent a defective part.

After the third time they said they would order a new one and they would contact us in two weeks. We never heard from them. We called Frigidaire. They apologized and referred us to another appliance repair company. This company was Michael's Appliance Corporation. Phone number 818-609-0912. Michael's Appliance Repair tech came over. He was very professional and a well informed gentleman. He made three visits, each time Electrolux Frigidaire concessions sent him a defective part. He suggested I need to contact Electrolux Frigidaire and inform them about once again a defective part. He asked me to contact him when Electrolux Frigidaire sent me a new door. The new door arrived. The gentleman came back. We installed the door and once again the touch controls for a non-responsive. Once again we received a defective product or part.

After speaking on the phone with Frigidaire Electrolux tech-support they informed me that the product now is out of warranty and they would not take responsibility for any defective parts they sent me prior and they could no longer assist me with the repair of their product. I explained, "You have been sending me defective parts for nine months." So we have a product we paid $602 for plus a $75 diagnostic fee and still we do not have a functioning product???

Original review: July 25, 2018

My preference is NO STAR, but that's not an option. I paid $263.95 for an extended warranty only to have the tech come out and tell me the unit (refrigerator) was built defective and would need to be replaced. I waited a couple of days and received an email letting me know I need to contact the delivery company and pay an additional $169 to have the defective product removed and deliver a new unit. Electrolux sells you junk and wants more money to replace it. I called the delivery company and they are telling me, "your unit is here, but it's on hold". I asked the person on the other end of the line, "so now what?" The response was, "Call Electrolux to find out why it's on hold."

So I call and the person tells me he wants to contact the original customer service person I spoke to and figure out what's going on. He asked if I paid the $169 and I told him no. He confirmed my number and said he would call me back. 3 hours later no call, so I decide to call Electrolux back to see what's going on. I wait on hold for 15 minutes because of the heavy volume of calls. The customer service rep answers and I explain to her what's going on and her response is, they must have gone home for the day is why I never heard back. This is NOT CUSTOMER SERVICE! She tells me she needs my consent to release the product and I will pay on good faith once the replacement unit is delivered.

I call back to the delivery company and tell them what I just did and now they are telling me, "No, we do not take payment" and I need to call Electrolux! I told her this doesn't make any sense and the woman said she will send Electrolux non-customer service department an email to figure out what's going on. I asked if I could at least get my name on their delivery schedule and she said no, as long as the product is on hold she cannot do that and here I am, SUPER FRUSTRATED and have no idea what's going to happen next. I will NEVER BUY from Electrolux again and will NEVER RECOMMEND them to anyone. I hope this gets out to as many people as possible and makes some kind of sense.

Original review: July 22, 2018

I purchased a set of Electrolux washer and dryer. I have to say, "What junk?" After fixing the washing 3 times in the 3 yrs we had it we decided to leave it at the curb. And now we are on our 2nd heating element for the dryer in 3 yrs. Stay away from these products.

Original review: July 20, 2018

Refrigerator less than 10 years old. Have replaced icemaker 3 times and still not working. Repairman says very difficult to get parts. Laredo Appliance repair waiting 4 months for an Icemaker part. Now freezer stopped working. Bad bad product. Purchasing ice every week. Expensive.

Original review: July 16, 2018

Wall oven EI30EW48TS - Received late winter brand new, doors misaligned, purchased for steam cycle and steam cycle does not work at all. Seller does nothing, manufacturer wants to charge us to only "repair" new item. Should be replaced.

Original review: July 11, 2018

We purchased the newest gas dryer from them. It arrived damaged. We began this hell of trying to get a working unit in June 7. Everything is in business days ranging from a fictional 3-5 to 7-10. There are no customer service managers or supervisors who will call you back, to get a reply from them is 1-2 business days and the excuse is so and such was going to call you tomorrow. On June 18 we were told a unit would be delivered and installed for us. We were told they were en route to the warehouse and we would have one as soon as they got to the warehouse. It’s July 10, still nothing, never a call from anyone and on July 9th we were told they had a unit but refused to ship it to us for fear of damage to the unit. This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. The original unit came in a undamaged box, it was next to the washer and the washer was in mint condition.

The Dryer on the other hand was boxed and shipped damaged. Its box had no signs of stress, no holes or openings and showed no signs of rebounding. The packaging material inside the box was also in perfect condition. Nothing was compressed or broken as if to show signs of absorbing a fall. The machine is gouged and the top of the machine is not attached to the body of the unit. Someone at Electrolux allowed the unit to ship out broken. We have been trying to get resolve for over a month and no one seems to care at Electrolux. There is zero sense of urgency and zero words or apology or empathy. This is one of the worst if not the worst experience of buying a product, I absolutely regret buying these appliances from them.

Original review: June 26, 2018

We bought a suite of Electrolux appliances when we moved into our new home, 6 in all and within 5 years all but two failed with another on its way out. First to go was the Dryer first indicated by an error code. Next was their top of the line oven stove Microwave followed by the Dishwasher and not long after came the failure of the Refrigerator. The digital display on the stove is no longer readable. That leaves the Washer which for the life of me I can’t understand why it’s still working. We’ve replaced all of them needless to say with other brands. Never again Electrolux.

Original review: June 19, 2018

I have one of the most expensive refrigerators from Electrolux (ICON). After 5 years I need a new one and all Electrolux will do is give me a 20% off a new one. I would never do business with them again. Don't buy from them unless you want to replace your product in a short time.

Original review: June 13, 2018

All 3 of our kitchen appliances are worthless. They are only 3.5 years old and need new fridge, dishwasher and oven. We spent almost $7K. They are falling apart and spending lots of money repairing them. Of course the warranties are no good. I have tried to call Electrolux several times and they won't stand by their products! Never, ever buy Electrolux appliances!!

Electrolux expert review by Jonathan Trout

Electrolux is known for making kitchen, laundry and home care appliances. They also make 12 sizes of chest freezer ranging in size from 3.5 to 28 cubic feet.

• 3.5 cubic foot freezer: This is the smallest chest freezer made by Electrolux. It comes with one removable wire basket, mechanical temperature control, manual defrosting and a safety lock. It has a four-star energy rating.

• 7.0 cubic foot freezer: This is one of Electrolux’s midsize chest freezers. It features a mechanical temperature control, interior light, manual defrost, a recessed handle and a safety lock. It also includes adjustable legs. It comes with a four-star energy rating.

• 14.8 cubic foot freezer: The 14.8 cubic foot chest freezer has a four-star energy rating, four wire baskets for convenient storage and a safety lock. It has a mechanical temperature control, an external handle and a quick-freeze setting.

• 28 cubic foot freezer: This is the largest chest freezer Electrolux makes. It has a four-star energy rating and manual defrost. The temperature can be set to as low as -12 degrees. It features six wheels, a safety lock, two baskets and flat back to fit against any wall.

• Upright freezers: Electrolux makes three models of upright freezers. Two have a capacity of 13.7 cubic feet and come in white or stainless steel. The other model is 8 cubic feet and comes in white. The feature electric control panels, wire storage baskets and quick-freeze options.

• Best for: consumers looking for an upright or chest freezer.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout