1.8/5 (958 ratings)

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Electrolux Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Electrolux?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Electrolux?

Original review: May 25, 2022

From the week we purchased our Frigidaire by Electrolux at Lowe's we have had frozen food in the non-frozen compartment, ice maker stopped, the fridge now makes intermittent noise that wakes us up at night. We have had 7 Repair visits WITH NO RESOLVE. We were assured by electrolux (floritza rep - nice lady) they said a replacement was on its way but lied and sent yet another repair visit. We have spend time waiting, wrote emails, called on phone several times. If we passed the new warranty time frame it is due to electrolux giving their assurance they would fix refrigerator - it appears they were wasting time. Passing the buck between lowe's and frigidaire so they could slide out of sending a replacement.

I am 70 y/o. Lost my job due to covid and $2800.00 we don't have extra has been wasted on this junk that electrolux had manufactured in mexico. We've stood behind your products for years - now we're asking you to stand behind your product... Send us a replacement and I would love to retract this terrible review with a great one... Respond and so some professionalism in your customer service..don't join the anti-american business practices - which is what you appear to be doing... Sent replacement...

Original review: May 3, 2022

Save your money and don't give it to the criminals at Frigidaire/Electrolux. Total con job. Save your money and don't buy one of their products and whatever you do, don't buy the extended warranty. They refused to fix or replace my fridge that had required 5 visits by techs, flooded my hardwood floors, and kept having the same issue again and again. Overall I was without a fridge for about 3.5 months. They refuse to answer the phone which is their way of not paying out anything or repairing anything. You'd be better off getting an old-fashioned icebox. It'll work better.

Get buying tips about Freezers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 19, 2022

We bought an Electrolux wall oven 5 years ago. At 4.5 years the element and fan needed to be changed. At 5 years the control panel completely died. For almost a month I chased customer service to fix our oven. I wrote 2 complaints on their website with no response. I rang the customer line over 8 times. I spent hours and hours on hold. I received two callbacks that came at a time I was unable to answer so I had to wait on line for ages again just to get through. After waiting a week for a technician to come out, we were told the part needed to be ordered and would be another week. A week later, we were called 20 mins before his arrival to tell us it would be over $650 to fix including the call out. I refused to pay this amount. The oven is only 5 years old.

I was told by customer service that because it was 5 years old then parts would breakdown and that I was not obligated to get them to fix it and could find help elsewhere! What a joke! Who buys an oven to last just 5 years!! I told them that after 2.5 weeks without an oven and multiple calls and complaints and emails I would not pay this amount. They agreed to a staff discount amount, however, the part needed to be ordered AGAIN (despite the fact the technician had it in his van ready to install that day), and then once the part arrived we would need to arrange an appointment for a technician again, so another week would go by with no oven.

At 3.5 weeks we finally had the technician fix the oven. After my first couple of calls, I insisted on speaking to a manager about this matter, however, despite my complaint being "escalated" not once was I referred to a manager. I was told at one point to go out on the weekend and buy a new oven and they would give us a $600 discount! Not only would I NEVER buy Electrolux again, I also did not have an easy $2000- $3000 laying around to buy a new oven this weekend and pay for installation! What a complete joke! Not once did Electrolux care about the customer. Not once did they make it convenient of us. Not once did they escalate my matter to a manager.

This company needs a serious look at their practices and a huge overhaul of their customer service line. I told they could not transfer me to the manager because they do not have the phone facility to do so! I was also told that even if that first technician installed the new control panel he had in his van, that I would have to pay full price. Why, should I the customer, chase all of this up because they do not have the correct technology or facilities to do what is convenient and right by their customer? They are a HUGE company selling electrical goods but do not have the most basic facilities to transfer phone calls or arrange for a reduced price with their technicians. NEVER BUY ELECTROLUX.

Original review: March 7, 2022

Our Electrolux Fridge with French doors was 1.5 years old when it stopped working. Couldn't get a hold of Electrolux, they don't even have a customer service line and refer you to the website and won't return messages from there. Called the local service tech. He tested and replaced the inverter. Turns out the distributor, who Electrolux licenses had the wrong part. They said it was Electrolux who gave them the info on it. Electrolux refuses blame. Anyhow it caused the compressor to go, the tech said he's arguing our case with Electrolux regional manager who says we're out of warranty and on our own. Never and I repeat NEVER buy an Electrolux fridge!

Original review: March 1, 2022

DO NOT BUY ELECTROLUX! I wish I had read reviews before purchasing these appliances. They're 14 months old and the dryer will not work and the spin cycle on the wash machine sounds like an airplane taking off in my laundry room. They were going to send a tech, I booked a day off work and they didn't show up. They then passed me off to an "approved" service company and I'm still waiting - going on two weeks. GARBAGE PRODUCTS!!! Just do yourself a favour and buy Samsung. Electrolux is BRUTAL.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2022

The washer started squeaking while spinning after 2 months of utilization. Called customer support and firstly they asked me if I unplugged the washer (not sure what is the connection between the 2, but ok..). Then they said that I have to pay for the service and when I told them that the appliance is in warranty they said that I have to pay to unstack the dryer (which is on top of the washer) at least (!). Be prepared to pay $135 with tax. :( They booked a service provider that was not covering my area, so I had to call again and when I told the customer support about this, he pretended he can't hear me and hung up on me. So I had to call again. I am very frustrated with the customer service as well as with the payment I have to make even if the appliance is in warranty. I will never buy Electrolux and would never recommend it to anyone. An appliance that starts making that noise after 2 months of use is not a good appliance!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2022

I have Electrolux 5 burner stovetop for my home. Last year (2021) 2 of the knobs were not working so I called them and ordered 2 knobs each 35 dollars. This year (2022) again one more know started not working and when I called them they says each one is 72 dollars. That is ridiculous and too expensive. For sure the knobs will be damaging every year for Electrolux stovetop and you need to buy every year. Very poor quality design and expensive.

I have issue with Electrolux microwave too. Worst design I have ever seen. The handle screw got loose and dropped into the door and there is no option to fix the screen. When I called them, they said I need to order entire door for 600 dollars. What a design. They design their products to rob the customers for years. DON'T buy any Electrolux product. Just stay away from it. Not worth buying. Very poor quality design. I got frustrated with their products at my home.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2022

I called your 1-800-265-8352 number because the dryer I just purchased on December 20, 2021 and tried using for the first time yesterday (there was a delay in using the machines because a plumber was required to hook up the washing machine due to where the drain is in our house) and I discovered that there is no heat in the dryer and it's not drying my clothes. I called Canadian Appliance store where I purchased the washer/dryer and they told me to call the number I mentioned. I called, waited 20+ minutes to talk to someone and when they answered there was so much static on the line it was difficult to hear. I have been on the phone for over 2 hours today. I have given the serial number, my name and address multiple times.

At first the representative told me it was no longer under warranty, now he's trying to create an account and has given me an account number. Needless to say, this is extremely disappointing customer service. Apparently, a technician will be calling me tomorrow to arrange a time to come, however, given the questionable service so far and extremely poor audible quality I have no confidence that I will actually hear from someone. I tried emailing Electrolux.ca but my email was denied?! There does not seem to be a way of communicating with anyone from customer service. I tried calling again to verify an account had been created and that someone would be calling me tomorrow and that person disconnected the call. I tried calling again to verify and all 3 times it was almost impossible to hear the person on the line because of static and echo. My experience is not good. What are you willing to do to save rectify this?

Original review: Dec. 24, 2021

My Stove has been broken since Thanksgivings and I was suppose to get a new stove or a settlement according to my contract. I have made numerous call and have been given the complete runaround, such-as "They sent the paperwork to the wrong department." "The technician from Fleet appliance didn't contact the right department so that you could get a new appliance." "We have to resubmit the paperwork that could take up to 7 to 10 business day." Well it is Christmas now and my family still doesn't have a working stove. I will have to contact my attorney because Electrolux is in clear violation of their contract. I will never buy another Frigidaire product or take an extended warranty with Electrolux. William **.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

This has been the worst product ever to purchase. I bought a Frigidaire Gallery Series refrigerator back in May of 2016 and had problems ever since. It was the refrigerator on top with two doors and a freezer at the bottom. Had I known that these appliances were only going to last 5 to 7 years tops, I would not have purchased such a flawed product. That is the life expectancy of these products and people don't usually know that. I have had 7 repair people come and take a look at it and they say it can't be fixed and not working at all. It won't get cold or make ice and it has been down for 6 weeks. So don't purchase this product.

Electrolux author review by Jonathan Trout

Electrolux is known for making kitchen, laundry and home care appliances. They also make 12 sizes of chest freezer ranging in size from 3.5 to 28 cubic feet.

• 3.5 cubic foot freezer: This is the smallest chest freezer made by Electrolux. It comes with one removable wire basket, mechanical temperature control, manual defrosting and a safety lock. It has a four-star energy rating.

• 7.0 cubic foot freezer: This is one of Electrolux’s midsize chest freezers. It features a mechanical temperature control, interior light, manual defrost, a recessed handle and a safety lock. It also includes adjustable legs. It comes with a four-star energy rating.

• 14.8 cubic foot freezer: The 14.8 cubic foot chest freezer has a four-star energy rating, four wire baskets for convenient storage and a safety lock. It has a mechanical temperature control, an external handle and a quick-freeze setting.

• 28 cubic foot freezer: This is the largest chest freezer Electrolux makes. It has a four-star energy rating and manual defrost. The temperature can be set to as low as -12 degrees. It features six wheels, a safety lock, two baskets and flat back to fit against any wall.

• Upright freezers: Electrolux makes three models of upright freezers. Two have a capacity of 13.7 cubic feet and come in white or stainless steel. The other model is 8 cubic feet and comes in white. The feature electric control panels, wire storage baskets and quick-freeze options.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team