Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Electrolux Reviews

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

Seven years ago I purchased 7 Electolux appliances to update my kitchen. They look beautiful, but don’t function properly. We have had multiple service people to fix. Within weeks, the same issue happens. Dishwasher not emptying, oven smoking and overheating, stovetop heat very inconsistent, etc. The biggest problem is the total lack of customer service. I’m replacing all $15,000 worth after only 7 years. The only recourse I have is to warn others not to waste you’re hard earned $. You have plenty of better options out there!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

3 yr old frostfree freezer started frosting up after 2 yrs. Read the reviews before making the purchase of stand alone fridge and freezer. Both are stainless steel and quite beautiful. This product has proved to be unreliable and I should have heeded the warnings in the reviews. Despite their beauty, I would not advise purchasing this brand.

Get expert buying tips about Freezers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

My fridge was defective, it became evident 1.5 years into using it, but when I called I was told it was cosmetic and I had to pay for it myself. Then 5 years into it right after the extended warranty ended there was rust discovered in the back due to a hole because it was a defective product, the tech they sent made it worse by just covering it up. Now a 7 year old fridge... the entire back is rusted and now $3200 is gone. Knowing they made a mistake I am offered a 20% discount on another fridge. Customer service is nonexistent. Terrible product terrible service just awful! DO NOT BUY!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

I bought 4 gallery products in June 2019 (Fridge, Cooker, Dishwasher, and Microwave oven), so it's just about 3 months. The dishwasher came up with an "ER" error code at the end of August 2019 and I called Electrolux and they sent in a Tech who came and reset a board. Just about 2 weeks after the first incidence same happened again and it is over two weeks now since I complained and am unable to use to product I bought. The Agent I spoke with two weeks ago said they'd order a new board to replace the faulty one and yesterday when I called for a follow-up he said it might take months (up to 6 months)!!!! I will seek some legal protection if I need to because I feel really being taken advantage of here; even with my extended warranty. Customer service is horrible. Tunde

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

I purchased my Washing Machine 6 months ago, it has been leaking water for nearly 5 weeks. They have sent out 2 Technicians and it is still leaking. I have contacted their head office to replace the Machine since it is a Lemon, but they insist on having it fixed rather than replacing it. By far, the worst appliance I have ever purchased, very disappointed with the product and service. I would never consider Electrolux.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Electrolux?

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

I purchased a new home and bought the extended warranty from Electrolux for the appliances. Within the first year, my microwave broke 4 times. On the final time, I was told the microwave would be replaced. My microwave broke over 3 weeks ago, and initially customer service said someone would get back to me within 5 business days to approve the replacement. When I didn’t hear anything for 10 business days, I called them back. I was then told to give them another 3 business days.

When I didn’t hear back AGAIN, I called them and was told that these things (meaning replacing my microwave) takes time and I should be patient, and that I could possibly be without a microwave for 2 months. Does that sound acceptable?? What modern home can go without a major appliance for that long? Their customer did not care. I spoke to a supervisor who was not helpful and kept repeating the same phrase, “I understand your frustration.” However he was not offering any solutions to my problem. He did, however, tell me that if they had to ship my microwave then I am financially responsible for the shipping and installation. If you are reading this before you purchase an Electrolux or Frigidaire appliance (Electrolux provides the extended warranty) please DON’T purchase. If you have an issue with your appliance then you will regret you spent the money. Their customer service and appliances are horrible. BUYER BEWARE!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

I have had an ongoing issue with the ice maker nearly since I purchased the product 4 years ago. I have paid for numerous Electrolux referred service companies to come out and try to resolve the issues. They have replaced the ice making unit. They have placed massive amounts of silicon around the unit. The lines keep freezing and now, the back of the refrigerator creates blocks of ice causing massive amounts of rust. From past posts, it appears I am not alone in this situation. Electrolux has completely blown me off telling me to call their service providers. The service providers quoted me $175 service call and additional for parts and labor. Electrolux is not taking responsibility for selling me a lemon of a refrigerator. This is past the point of any repair. I have proof of this refrigerator is a lemon since the beginning but after spending thousands on the refrigerator and in repairs. This should be deemed a lemon.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

I am writing about Electrolux EW28BS85KS5 French Door Refrigerator. This refrigerator was a replacement for the Generation One that had the terrible problem with the ice maker and was subject of a Class Action Lawsuit. My was replaced before the Class Action even started. After many many stressful conversations with Electrolux, they made me buy an extended warranty after the fact and replaced my refrigerator with this is one. I have had this fridge now about 5 and a half years. This fridge started to have temperature problems in June of this year. The temperature of the freezer and also the fridge would go haywire. It would go up then down a bit, then up to "high" with the alarm sounding, then down again etc. This refrigerator also developed a rusty spot on the back of the fridge where the ice maker is. Now, the rusty spot has a thick ice on it on the outside.

I ended up calling out the repair company listed on Electrolux's website. They told me that the defroster is broken and needs to be replaced ($400 for the par). They also informed me that the rusty spot with the ice forming on it cannot be fixed. There is no solution for that. They called Electrolux many times and it is not fixable. They told me that I am better off getting another refrigerator. This will leak in the back, damage my hardwood floor and also cause mold to grow. Of course, I contacted Electrolux and they are no help. Nothing can be done. They cannot and will not do anything for me. I am out of the initial investment of $4K.

I am shopping for another fridge. Of course, I am not happy that I have to spend $$$ on a fridge when I only had the replacement fridge for a short period of time. In my opinion 5 and half years should not be the lifespan of a fridge. Of course, I am frustrated, wouldn't you be? I am contacting the AG's office again to file a complaint. If Electrolux had the willingness to stand behind their products, it would eliminate so many customer complaints. But, they do not care of good customer service and repeat business. Too bad for them.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

Bought an Electrolux because we wanted a great product. $2500 later we have a great looking fridge that has more issues than an old used car. Electrolux has no customer service that is helpful. I’ve spoke with “managers” and wrote letters. Still nothing but frustration. Every time I call they find a reason why they can’t help me. Came with a 10 year warranty they won’t honor!! We’ve sent our info to them multiple times per their request and still no help. They have told me to stop putting negative comments on their FB. I told them honor my warranty and I will stop. NEVER AGAIN WILL WE WASTE MONEY ON ANY ELECTROLUX PRODUCT!!!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

There was an issue with the ice maker... it wouldn't make ice. It was finally fixed after 3 years. The water from the refrigerator also is not cold. This is a design problem. The price of this refrigerator ($4000) should not have any problems.

Electrolux expert review by Jonathan Trout

Electrolux is known for making kitchen, laundry and home care appliances. They also make 12 sizes of chest freezer ranging in size from 3.5 to 28 cubic feet.

• 3.5 cubic foot freezer: This is the smallest chest freezer made by Electrolux. It comes with one removable wire basket, mechanical temperature control, manual defrosting and a safety lock. It has a four-star energy rating.

• 7.0 cubic foot freezer: This is one of Electrolux’s midsize chest freezers. It features a mechanical temperature control, interior light, manual defrost, a recessed handle and a safety lock. It also includes adjustable legs. It comes with a four-star energy rating.

• 14.8 cubic foot freezer: The 14.8 cubic foot chest freezer has a four-star energy rating, four wire baskets for convenient storage and a safety lock. It has a mechanical temperature control, an external handle and a quick-freeze setting.

• 28 cubic foot freezer: This is the largest chest freezer Electrolux makes. It has a four-star energy rating and manual defrost. The temperature can be set to as low as -12 degrees. It features six wheels, a safety lock, two baskets and flat back to fit against any wall.

• Upright freezers: Electrolux makes three models of upright freezers. Two have a capacity of 13.7 cubic feet and come in white or stainless steel. The other model is 8 cubic feet and comes in white. The feature electric control panels, wire storage baskets and quick-freeze options.

• Best for: consumers looking for an upright or chest freezer.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout