Electrolux

Compare Appliances

Research top Appliances recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Worst customer service. Dryer just knots everything together and lint catcher seems to grab straps on clothing and rips them off. Cannot get the musty smell out of the washer even with front load washer cleaners. Does not honor the extended warranty. Would never buy anything from Electrolux again.

I purchased my Electrolux french door refrigerator from sears in 2015 and have had problems ever since. It does not keep as cold as it should and randomly stops cooling. The thermometer on the door shows a constant 34 but a thermometer placed on the shelf shows approx 48 depending on the location in the fridge. Then randomly every couple months or so the high temp alarm will go off and the fridge gets warm. Technicians have replaced control boards and tested everything but cannot figure it out. Best they can tell the evaporator is freezing up but they don't know why. We have a mini fridge in our kitchen to keep our dairy and other delicate groceries in. That's just sad, we trust the $100 fridge but can't trust the $2500 one.

They have highly rated products but the service is just awful. Bought through Sears a brand new 8 ft gas dryer (EFMG617STT) and it started making a noise right after installation. The installation person told us the noise would go away. Over 3 months the noise turned into a vibration until we couldn't run it. Had signed up for the Electrolux Platinum Star Limited Warranty so called up and they sent out a service repair company (All County Appliance Service) who determined it needed a blower wheel and motor. It has now been 2 weeks without them being able to fix the dryer.

My wife has spent more than 10 hours on the phone tracking it down and no-one can tell where the parts are and when they can fix it. It turns out the repair company has a 1 star rating on Yelp and they don't even answer the phone most of the time and when they do, they refer to Electrolux regarding sending the parts. Electrolux (we have talked to 3 different people) say they have many clients except us and we need to wait. When we contacted Sears (which we have 3 times and they hanged up last time) they say we need to contact Electrolux. Never seen anything like this...ever. Especially when you pay $1200 for a top of the line appliance.

The dryer is ok but it collects enormous amounts of lint around the removable filter. Monthly, I have to remove 6 screws and clean out the part that actually holds the filter. Very inconvenient and time consuming. The washer is ok, but does not remove dog hair as well as an agitator washer.

I purchased a Frigidaire refrigerator and stove in July, 2014. I thought I was purchasing a reputable brand, so I didn't need to purchase an extended warranty agreement. In January 1, 2017, the refrigerator stopped cooling. I lost items in the freezer as well as the lower refrigerator section. I called a service technician referred by Lowe's. He told me the diagnosis and the repair would be as much as a new refrigerator. I called Frigidaire Customer Service. They told me the only thing they could do was offer a discount on the replacement part. I still would need to pay for the labor and the part.

I recently retired and cannot afford to do this nor purchase a new refrigerator. I have now been without a refrigerator since January 1, 2017. I had to begin 2 jobs to save up to hopefully purchase a refrigerator. As it stands I will not be able to do that for at least 2 months. I am very disappointed in Frigidaire/Electrolux. In the great scheme of things I may only be one consumer, but even one should matter. I had to use a computer at a school since I cannot afford internet. I left the paperwork at home so I don't have the receipt with me to add to this.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Electrolux?

This microwave was not cheap and yet it broke way too soon, just over 2 years of use. I bought a small countertop microwave to use in its place as I haven't had the $ to replace and it was not under warranty anymore. I will not buy this brand anymore.

Top of the line Front load washer leaks. Door hinge defective and never fit properly. Had Sears fix several times but it is a horrible design. Made in Mexico where they stripped the screws when they put it together. Notified Electrolux customer service but they said my mistake was calling Sears. Since it is now over one year old, Electrolux will no longer help me. Stay away from this brand. They only say they care about customers. Their actions do not match their words. Buy a better brand.

I purchased a new French door refrigerator in 2009. Since then I had the ice maker repaired or replaced several times and actually replaced twice. I still have problems with the unit. Originally the ice maker was a major problem. Now after having received the third unit the water dispensing mechanism is not working. You would think that after paying good money for a French door refrigerator, that it would last for at least 5-10 years problem-free. I will not buy from this company again.

The screen is hardly visible for years and the new parts are supposed to be worse than keeping the old part that the microwave works. After 5 years I had to replace the Electrolux refrigerator and dishwasher. After 7 years I had to replace the Electrolux stove and oven. I would replace the microwave but they do not make this size anymore. Although, the new Electrolux appliances are beautiful. I truly believe the original appliances should have lasted longer. I do not recommend this brand for anything except vacuums.

Purchased this unit November 2015. From start we had problems with upper ice maker that dispenses ice on door. Auger freezes up. Electrolux certified Service people in twice during first few months and replaced auger unit. That initial fix appeared to address the problem. However, not the case. Late 2016 noted water accumulated at base of refrig and ice cubes melting in the bin etc... obviously not happy at this point. Luckily we bought extended warranty from our local appliance store where purchased. Apparently insulation must be installed to the back of the fridge. Electrolux "fix" to solve this poor design/mechanical dilemma.

Must add that there is a 2nd ice maker in the bottom freezer section. This fix will extend fridge out additional 2. This is frankly the best fridge I ever owned EXCEPT for the latter icemaker problem. Has great storage in two layers of bins. Glass shelving is nicely staggered and makes items easily visible. Keeps fruits/veggies fresh longer. Cleaning is swift as shelves comes out easily and not difficult to maneuver in sink etc. Bottom freezer is large and can handle a lot of frozen foods. Disappointing that for the price of this unit this problem did not surface in the design stage.

We purchased our Washer Dryer set less than a year ago. Already it has broken down twice. Both times, a bolt that holds the pulley to the back of the drum has loosened itself causing the pulley to cut into the drum housing and cause leakage. When contacting Electrolux the first time, the repair company they sent made 4 trips out to repair the unit, and we were without a working washer for several weeks. This time they dispatched a company that came out to asses the problem and then returned several days later to make the repair. They showed up at 8:00 pm on a Sunday night, and it is now 11:23 pm and it still isn't back together.

To top it off, the repair person just informed me that a wire inside the machine was damaged and he will have to order a new one and return again. Electrolux has told us they will not replace the machine as long as their technician says it is repairable. I am very disappointed. For what we pay for these high end appliances, customer service is a joke. I live 35 miles from the nearest laundromat, and this is a total pain in the ass for my family of four... We have had to resort to hand washing my children's school uniforms daily to get by and Electrolux seems to feel we aren't entitled to a product that performs as advertised. I hope someone files a class action suit. I will never purchase Electrolux products again. Frigidaire has destroyed what was once the best brand name in the business.

This refrigerator is great, there are just some things that need to be changed about it. We have to turn the ice machine on the door, off, because it drips and settles in the holder. When we go to open the door the melted ice will spill everywhere.

3 calls, 2 separate trips to fix our Frigidaire dishwasher which Electrolux does the installs for on new homes. 3 times the dishwasher has flooded our kitchen floor and all we get a substandard fixes and trite customer service. The home builder said after three times they are supposed to replace the appliance and Electrolux does not want to do that. They only want to send someone out to fix again. Electrolux is only in the business of warrantying and not resolving issues. Don't give them the time of day. Save your breath even if the warranty service is free and go buy a new unit from Lowe's or Home Depot.

DON'T RECOMMEND TO BUY ELECTROLUX PRODUCTS!!! Bought a brand new unit of Electrolux EWT903 XW top loader washing machine last August 2015. This is 9 kg washing machine for 2 person. We also seldom use the machine since we go out of town always. The machine suddenly broke down on October 2016. Call the Electrolux Philippines head office for request to check the machine problem. The service was so bad, that it took more than 3 weeks to schedule to checkup.

The Check up was done on Nov 26, and the service technician advised that the Gate valve below the machine to let the water flow out was damaged. Asked the Service Technician the cause of damage, the service Technician also don't know. Later, the Office call me, and explained the cause of damage may be as ff: 1) Electric fluctuation 2) overload. This 2 reason are so dumb stupid reason, since we seldom use the machine. My conclusion is there must a design problem for this Electrolux EWT903 EW washing machine. DON'T RECOMMEND TO BUY.

The burners are very difficult to adjust particularly the large one. I have had a repairman and gas co. technician attempt to correct but could not. Also the led panel on the top had a led burn out and now the time is incorrect. This was not an inexpensive range.

Purchased a cooktop from Electrolux. Used it for a few weeks and then while in use it cracked. The local Electrolux refused to look at it and said this is a cosmetic issue and they can't do anything about it. However the head office acted and replaced it. The new one has been used for a few weeks and it is pitted all over. I called the local office again and as always they gave a damn about it.

I was rudely told that I am using the wrong type of pots and pans and that I should use only stainless steel pots and pans and that it is mentioned on page 8 of the catalog. When I tried to explain that I am using the same pots and pans on a similar cooktop for 14 years without a problem, she did not want to hear. This means that if you buy an Electrolux cooktop you must change all your pots and pans. Upon looking at the catalog I did not find any such thing restricting me to use stainless steel only. When I told her about some serious injury that could result by using it, her reply was astonishing, "call us after something happens." This shows how much the Electrolux cares about its customers.

My experience with Electrolux appliances is junk, junk, junk!!! I purchase three brand new appliances and they all had to be serviced right out of the packaging!! The french door bottom freezer refrigerator is junk. The ice maker in the bottom drawer was replaced within a month and a half after purchased. The upper ice maker has been replaced once, serviced two more times since then and now needs to be serviced again!! It goes through some type of defrost mode which causes the cubes to melt in both the upper and lower bins, which then drips out of the dispenser in the door and once again it does not make ice. It frosts up behind the ice bin itself which in turn needs to be serviced again to replace some seal. I have always purchased GE appliances and gave Electrolux a try being they are "suppose" to be a higher end appliance. Never, never again would I purchase Electrolux!!

I purchased glass stove top from hhgregg two to three years ago. Purchased five year warranty. I will have to get copy of receipt/warranty or locate. I went to hhgregg and they said I would have to contact Electrolux. I tried emailing and no response. Any info on this product would be appreciated.

Electrolux FFHT2117LWO over-under refrigerator: This was a replacement for our old one under a utility company energy program. It has run OK, but you can't turn the defrost off, and it seems to run a lot. The handles are our biggest problem. We had to remove the bottom door handle because we hit our heads on it a lot-- opening from the left. It seems to be in just exactly the wrong place. Then, when you're rummaging in the main frig cabinet and straighten back up, POW you hit your head on the freezer handle, very painful and the handles have sharp edges, too. I have thought about removing their awful handles and making my own which curve up, from the bottom of the freezer door. They are not reversible. Emails to Electrolux customer service have gone without response.

We bought a new home in 2015. By new, I mean just built. It came with the Electrolux ICON appliances. These appliances are not worth the money. They are poorly constructed and have been repaired several times. They even have safety defects. The Gas cooktop is poorly designed and a danger to all that own it. It needs to be recalled. The burners are placed too far forward and make it impossible to use the front burners. The flames from the burners extend too far out from the base and can easily catch your clothes on fire. The knobs on the gas cook top also turn on by mistake. They easily turn and leak gas if you lightly brush against them. Kids can easily turn them on. These are a real safety issue and need to be recalled.

The ICON dishwasher has been a nightmare. It does not dry the dishes and the control panel is always going out. It just starts flickering and has to be replaced. The fridge is ok but the ice and water dispenser are poorly designed and always leave ice and water falling on the floor. They really need to recall the gas cook top. Parents beware!!!

Always works well, no problems, more expensive but well with it, and it looks great. I shopped around, read a number of reviews and consumer reports, ordered the matching washer/dryer and bases. Installed about 3 years ago, worked fine ever since.

I'm writing this with 5 years of experience watching my appliances fail. It started with the warping of the pan in the built-in range and then the failure of the control assembly for that unit. Beside the fact that the racks are very difficult to slide in and out and don't fit well, I just figured this is just a case of a bad unit. Electrolux paid to have it fixed so I was ok at that point. Then the ice maker in the refrigerator quit working properly. It was intermittent, slow, and finally quit. Electrolux paid for this repair also... like three times. It worked for a while and started the same problem about a year later. I called back in and they said they'd replace the refrigerator... and they did. Later I received a mailing about what I think was a class action suit on this issue so I understand why they were so agreeable to replacement of the refrigerator.

Next up is the dishwasher. Actually I don't believe it ever really worked that well because the touch pad was stubborn from the beginning. So now the touch pad isn't functional except for the start button and the normal button so no other features are available. I've been told that the buttons are probably sticking and it needs a new part. Of course we're now in our 5th year so the warranty is gone, and since I'm going to replace the part, it will be on me if the part doesn't work when it gets here. The only other problem we had with the dishwasher was that something happened with the seal as far as I can tell, and it leaked water, ruining our hardwood floor under the dishwasher, in front of it, and some on the other side of the island. A hardwood guy tells me we'll have to do the whole room to fix the problem effectively. It's easy to see but we're living with it.

Just a couple days ago the microwave went out. No microwave and no convection. Check out the reviews folks, this unit is highly unreliable. I did find that Wolf makes one that will fit perfect for a similar price, actually a little less, and I suspect it will outperform this ICON by a landslide. We bought all these appliances for a new home we built. They looked nice at the time and of course we were "sold" on them. That company isn't in business anymore either. What a mess. I hope this review serves the public well but there are a boatload of reviews on Electrolux and it looks like an average of one star. Please pay attention and save yourself some headaches... buy something else.

Model EIFLW50LIW front load washer. Purchased June 2014. Had required (certified Electrolux) repairman (due to warranty) out several times within the first 12 months. The harness kept shaking loose and tumbler would go off balance and belt popped off. I had to wait a week or two for them to come out and then had to take off from work each time while they fixed it. The last time, they literally had all the parts on my kitchen floor and I asked them why Electrolux just did not send a new machine from the factory. Wasted 5 hours of my day, two repairmen 5 hours and I had to wait for them to come 10 days which meant going over to my mother-in-law's to do laundry.

Now 12 months later the belt popped off again but I noticed that the washer was leaking. It revealed severe rubbing on the plastic which was worn through. This unit never made any rubbing noise, clanking and was not out of balance like the issue previously. I called Electrolux and told them that their "certified" repairmen obviously did something wrong and now it leaks and the harness shakes loose. All they could do for me is give me a break on parts. If your front load washer has belt or harness issues, demand a new one. Repairmen can make Band-Aid fixes only to a poorly manufactured item.

Never buy an appliance from Electrolux. REPEAT: NEVER! When you need to get it serviced, you must use one of their authorized repair people. They recommended a repair service in my area that was horrible. Actually worse than horrible. Rude, no-showed, then late, and really mean people who ripped me off!!! And they never fixed my appliance!! They said it was one problem and quoted a fee. Turns out that was not the problem. Still not fixed. They told me they wanted more money to come back and try to figure out the problem. When I called Electrolux to complain about how rude and expensive they were and I wanted a different repair person, they said, "Too bad, you have to pay the person who came the FULL AMOUNT (including the part they replaced that was not broken)" even if the repair company did not fix my appliance because the repair company made a trip!

Imagine that -- they made a trip and could not fix it and I had to pay over $250. I paid it (like an idiot, I was desperate to get it repaired), and then the totally unhelpful people at the 800 number for Electrolux recommended a different repair service with a different name and phone number. Three days later, I get a call from the second repair company -- turns out it was the same people as the first company -- A TOTAL SCAM -- they said they would not come unless I promised to pay them again!!! Called Electrolux back -- they said, "We cannot control the repair people" Hey Electrolux -- you require me to use your authorized repair people and then don't stand by them. Bottomline, I am an idiot - don't you be one too -- NEVER BUY ELECTROLUX!!

Electrolux owns Frigidaire. We purchased a washer in March of 2015. 8 months later it was replaced with same model. Again 8 months later the washer needs replaced except this time I was informed that the model we had is no longer being manufactured. I asked for a refund or credit to choose something of our choice. Their response to me was that I either accept what they have to offer or case closed. What they had to offer was a machine nowhere close to an equivalent of the one we purchased. It was delivered in August of 2016 and replaced on November 7.

We are now on our 4th washing machine in 18 months. We had a repairman out here on November 14 and November 30 for the same problems the previous machine was having. We now have had this piece of ??? for a month and all they want to do is send another repairman out. Instead of talking to the repairman directly they are wanting me to fill them in on the repairman's diagnosis. I insisted that they talk to them directly and won't do it.

What is the point of having a repairman if they are not going to follow up with them. All I want is a refund of our money so we can go on and not have to deal with them anymore. This machine is Frigidaire's top loader. It has a terrible vibrating sound. Also, the machine shuts off during a cycle and all the panel lights will flash. Another issue is the length of time it takes to wash – 60-90 minutes.

We have been very pleased with our dryer. Overall, it's a very nice dryer. We had to call for service due to not starting but, it was a minor manufacturing issue and fixed within minutes. We are still very happy with the dryer.

Purchased top of the line Electrolux dishwasher in 2010 (cost a fortune) and have cursed the dishwasher each and every time I took the dishes out after washing. Nothing ever came out "sparkling clean" from the first day I used it. The water never was hot enough because the dishwasher didn't have a heating coil to heat the water to a temperature that would give excellent results. I dropped the extended warranty and prayed and hoped it would break down and sure enough 6 years later it did just that. It was the happiest day of my dishwashing life. I promptly went out and bought a Kitchen-aid mid-range dishwasher with 3 drawers. An upper flat rack for utensils and the dishwasher is wonderful. No more Electrolux for me ever.

Narrow refrigerator. Absolutely the WORST APPLIANCE EVER. The first fridge they delivered leaked. The second was damaged. The third didn't last 18 months. When I called for service, they stood up my tenant TWICE. The fridge is an absolutely piece of garbage. Do NOT waste your money. One of the worst service departments EVER. Unfortunately I do not have to paperwork as it is at another location, but I will never EVER buy another Electrolux product. A waste of money, time and energy. If anyone is monitoring this for Electrolux, you can call me at **. As if the company cared. Bah.

March of 2014 I purchased a washer and dryer set from hhgregg. The salesman assured us they were quality appliances. Within less than a year we had to have a serviceman come for repairs for the dryer. Then less than a month later we had to have them back out for the washer. The dryer is now conveniently out of warranty and we've had to have them out again for several things. We've spent close to $500 and the dryer still isn't right. Now I've discovered that my washer is leaking somewhere from the bottom and has ruined my floor. My carpet is soaked and the sub-floor under the linoleum is also soaked. Every time I call Electrolux they just say there isn't anything they can do because we are out of warranty. I call hhgregg and they won't help either. I'm out close to $4000 from the purchase of the appliances and repairs and still don't have machines that work properly. Something has to be done about the poor quality products they are putting out.

Purchased an Electrolux Icon cooktop from Pacific Sales. After a little over 2 years, the writing on the stainless steel near the knobs (where it says light, hi, medium, low, off) is completely worn out on some but not all. So you don't know if the knob is on or off positive. It is not due to harsh chemical or scratch since I always wipe it clean with dawn soapy water and a clean soft towel. It's like driving a 2-year-old car, but the speedometer is broken and you don't know how fast you are driving. Call Electrolux and of course as many other reviews online, Electrolux basically said "** you. You are out of warranty." Do not but any Electrolux products as this manufacturer sold defective product but adamantly refuse to make it whole. THEY ARE IN THE BUSINESS OF RIPPING OFF CONSUMERS.

Electrolux Company Profile