1.8/5 (961 ratings)

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

Electrolux Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Electrolux?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Electrolux?

Original review: July 6, 2022

All Dishwasher lights lit up after pressing start. It began wash, but after a couple minutes it drained water. We looked under, a light for pump wash was lit. We called customer support & the rep had no additional knowledge to help us, just said we need a service call. Really disappointed.

Original review: June 24, 2022

Shortly after we received our new fridge, we noticed it was not running properly. A Frigidaire/Electrolux authorized technician came to our house and determined the fridge has a manufacturer's defect that cannot be repaired (11/3/21). We made arrangements with frigidaire and CRST to get a new fridge. Observed severely damaged fridges were declined on arrival to our home.

We have heard nothing from Electrolux/Frigidaire after initiating a call, and were told the "back office", would be emailing us a response after being jerked around for 7 months. We requested our money back and the extra money spent on the worthless extended warranty, and if this is not on the table, a new fridge delivered in a reasonable time without damage (I would take another fridge if this one is back ordered).

CRST the delivery company, said that Fridigaire stated this was buyers remorse? Frigidaire said CRST is not delivering due to not accepting damaged items at one point? Many wasted hours of time spent on the phone with both parties, due to a Frigidaire representative stating I need to call CRST, and then after calling CRST, they tell us to call Frigidaire. After asking to speak to a manager from Frigidaire, which apparently they are off boundaries, because in 7 months I requested multiple times to speak to a manager with no return call. I am now hearing crickets waiting for a response via email. I am at my wit's end, cried, and yes I have remorse that I purchased from this company. I do want things resolved, and really have little anticipated hope.

Get buying tips about Freezers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 23, 2022

We purchased a freezer on March 12th, and it has never worked. It is now June 23rd. The company dispatched repair finally about a month ago and determined we needed a part which has not arrived yet. We spent over a thousand dollars on a freezer that has not worked for months. I would not recommend a Frigidaire (Electrolux) product.

Original review: May 25, 2022

From the week we purchased our Frigidaire by Electrolux at Lowe's we have had frozen food in the non-frozen compartment, ice maker stopped, the fridge now makes intermittent noise that wakes us up at night. We have had 7 Repair visits WITH NO RESOLVE. We were assured by electrolux (floritza rep - nice lady) they said a replacement was on its way but lied and sent yet another repair visit. We have spend time waiting, wrote emails, called on phone several times. If we passed the new warranty time frame it is due to electrolux giving their assurance they would fix refrigerator - it appears they were wasting time. Passing the buck between lowe's and frigidaire so they could slide out of sending a replacement.

I am 70 y/o. Lost my job due to covid and $2800.00 we don't have extra has been wasted on this junk that electrolux had manufactured in mexico. We've stood behind your products for years - now we're asking you to stand behind your product... Send us a replacement and I would love to retract this terrible review with a great one... Respond and so some professionalism in your customer service..don't join the anti-american business practices - which is what you appear to be doing... Sent replacement...

Original review: May 3, 2022

Save your money and don't give it to the criminals at Frigidaire/Electrolux. Total con job. Save your money and don't buy one of their products and whatever you do, don't buy the extended warranty. They refused to fix or replace my fridge that had required 5 visits by techs, flooded my hardwood floors, and kept having the same issue again and again. Overall I was without a fridge for about 3.5 months. They refuse to answer the phone which is their way of not paying out anything or repairing anything. You'd be better off getting an old-fashioned icebox. It'll work better.

Original review: March 19, 2022

We bought an Electrolux wall oven 5 years ago. At 4.5 years the element and fan needed to be changed. At 5 years the control panel completely died. For almost a month I chased customer service to fix our oven. I wrote 2 complaints on their website with no response. I rang the customer line over 8 times. I spent hours and hours on hold. I received two callbacks that came at a time I was unable to answer so I had to wait on line for ages again just to get through. After waiting a week for a technician to come out, we were told the part needed to be ordered and would be another week. A week later, we were called 20 mins before his arrival to tell us it would be over $650 to fix including the call out. I refused to pay this amount. The oven is only 5 years old.

I was told by customer service that because it was 5 years old then parts would breakdown and that I was not obligated to get them to fix it and could find help elsewhere! What a joke! Who buys an oven to last just 5 years!! I told them that after 2.5 weeks without an oven and multiple calls and complaints and emails I would not pay this amount. They agreed to a staff discount amount, however, the part needed to be ordered AGAIN (despite the fact the technician had it in his van ready to install that day), and then once the part arrived we would need to arrange an appointment for a technician again, so another week would go by with no oven.

At 3.5 weeks we finally had the technician fix the oven. After my first couple of calls, I insisted on speaking to a manager about this matter, however, despite my complaint being "escalated" not once was I referred to a manager. I was told at one point to go out on the weekend and buy a new oven and they would give us a $600 discount! Not only would I NEVER buy Electrolux again, I also did not have an easy $2000- $3000 laying around to buy a new oven this weekend and pay for installation! What a complete joke! Not once did Electrolux care about the customer. Not once did they make it convenient of us. Not once did they escalate my matter to a manager.

This company needs a serious look at their practices and a huge overhaul of their customer service line. I told they could not transfer me to the manager because they do not have the phone facility to do so! I was also told that even if that first technician installed the new control panel he had in his van, that I would have to pay full price. Why, should I the customer, chase all of this up because they do not have the correct technology or facilities to do what is convenient and right by their customer? They are a HUGE company selling electrical goods but do not have the most basic facilities to transfer phone calls or arrange for a reduced price with their technicians. NEVER BUY ELECTROLUX.

Original review: March 7, 2022

Our Electrolux Fridge with French doors was 1.5 years old when it stopped working. Couldn't get a hold of Electrolux, they don't even have a customer service line and refer you to the website and won't return messages from there. Called the local service tech. He tested and replaced the inverter. Turns out the distributor, who Electrolux licenses had the wrong part. They said it was Electrolux who gave them the info on it. Electrolux refuses blame. Anyhow it caused the compressor to go, the tech said he's arguing our case with Electrolux regional manager who says we're out of warranty and on our own. Never and I repeat NEVER buy an Electrolux fridge!

Original review: March 1, 2022

DO NOT BUY ELECTROLUX! I wish I had read reviews before purchasing these appliances. They're 14 months old and the dryer will not work and the spin cycle on the wash machine sounds like an airplane taking off in my laundry room. They were going to send a tech, I booked a day off work and they didn't show up. They then passed me off to an "approved" service company and I'm still waiting - going on two weeks. GARBAGE PRODUCTS!!! Just do yourself a favour and buy Samsung. Electrolux is BRUTAL.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2022

The washer started squeaking while spinning after 2 months of utilization. Called customer support and firstly they asked me if I unplugged the washer (not sure what is the connection between the 2, but ok..). Then they said that I have to pay for the service and when I told them that the appliance is in warranty they said that I have to pay to unstack the dryer (which is on top of the washer) at least (!). Be prepared to pay $135 with tax. :( They booked a service provider that was not covering my area, so I had to call again and when I told the customer support about this, he pretended he can't hear me and hung up on me. So I had to call again. I am very frustrated with the customer service as well as with the payment I have to make even if the appliance is in warranty. I will never buy Electrolux and would never recommend it to anyone. An appliance that starts making that noise after 2 months of use is not a good appliance!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2022

I have Electrolux 5 burner stovetop for my home. Last year (2021) 2 of the knobs were not working so I called them and ordered 2 knobs each 35 dollars. This year (2022) again one more know started not working and when I called them they says each one is 72 dollars. That is ridiculous and too expensive. For sure the knobs will be damaging every year for Electrolux stovetop and you need to buy every year. Very poor quality design and expensive.

I have issue with Electrolux microwave too. Worst design I have ever seen. The handle screw got loose and dropped into the door and there is no option to fix the screen. When I called them, they said I need to order entire door for 600 dollars. What a design. They design their products to rob the customers for years. DON'T buy any Electrolux product. Just stay away from it. Not worth buying. Very poor quality design. I got frustrated with their products at my home.

Electrolux author review by Jonathan Trout

Electrolux is known for making kitchen, laundry and home care appliances. They also make 12 sizes of chest freezer ranging in size from 3.5 to 28 cubic feet.

• 3.5 cubic foot freezer: This is the smallest chest freezer made by Electrolux. It comes with one removable wire basket, mechanical temperature control, manual defrosting and a safety lock. It has a four-star energy rating.

• 7.0 cubic foot freezer: This is one of Electrolux’s midsize chest freezers. It features a mechanical temperature control, interior light, manual defrost, a recessed handle and a safety lock. It also includes adjustable legs. It comes with a four-star energy rating.

• 14.8 cubic foot freezer: The 14.8 cubic foot chest freezer has a four-star energy rating, four wire baskets for convenient storage and a safety lock. It has a mechanical temperature control, an external handle and a quick-freeze setting.

• 28 cubic foot freezer: This is the largest chest freezer Electrolux makes. It has a four-star energy rating and manual defrost. The temperature can be set to as low as -12 degrees. It features six wheels, a safety lock, two baskets and flat back to fit against any wall.

• Upright freezers: Electrolux makes three models of upright freezers. Two have a capacity of 13.7 cubic feet and come in white or stainless steel. The other model is 8 cubic feet and comes in white. The feature electric control panels, wire storage baskets and quick-freeze options.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team