1.08/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

697 Electrolux Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

We own a high end induction slide-in range that has failed twice, for the same reason, in 6 years. Whenever we have used the self-clean function the oven has remained locked (impossible to open or function). First failure was covered under warranty but the second, for the exact same failure, cost $600 to repair and Electrolux refused to absorb any of the cost. Technician indicated that this is a common failure...probably a design fault. Will never buy another Electrolux product again.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

On Nov 21st, 2018 I called to schedule an appointment for my washer to be repaired and was given one right away, although I had told the representative that it would probably need a new part, the very same day I get a call from a technician saying he would come out to look at the washer which he did on Nov 23rd. On the day of the appointment he shows up looks at the appliance and within 5 minutes tells he would need to order the part and come back and that it would take about a week or so.

So I'll be without a washer until then, so I called the warranty company back and explain to the corporate supervisor that a week or so is way too long so she reassures me that this will be priority and that she will put a rush on things. It is now 3 weeks later and I've not heard back from either party, so I call the tech to ask for an update, he tells me the company took him off my case and knows nothing about the situation. I call the company back to find out what the hell happened and no one knows. Also the part was never ordered, ridiculous!

So I've been back and forth with this company. 4 supervisors later, one of them orders the part and assures me this will be given utmost priority, I get an email confirming the part is been ordered and that I should receive within a couple of days, and that a new tech company will be here on the 11th of Dec 2018 to install it. 2 days later I get an email stating that the part has been cancelled without any explanation, again no call from the warranty company, I call them to find out that again no one knows what happened no one has an explanation, at this point I'm over it!! If you are reading this? DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!

Get expert buying tips about Freezers delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

The Electrolux fridge ice maker is the worst I have ever seen. They have been out to my house 3 times and the icemaker still does not work. The customer service is horrible. Electrolux makes a poor product that is subpar. Save your money.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

My husband and I own a small business. Our employee scratched our customer's brand new stainless steel refrigerator door. I called to order a replacement door panel. Upon receiving the part we installed it and noticed it had a light colored stripe running down the middle of the door that looks different than the rest of the refrigerator. I called customer service back right away. I sent them a picture and they tried to tell me it was like a piece of wood. That no two pieces of wood are alike. Really? How is a piece of wood and a piece of stainless steel the same? This door panel was less than quality and no one would purchase a refrigerator like that in the store. They tried to downplay and undermine the situation, making me feel like I was being unreasonable. All I wanted was to make my customer happy and her to have her refrigerator looking new again.

I finally got them to agree to refund the door but they wouldn't send a new panel without receiving the other part back, so I agreed to pay for another one to be shipped. That way our customer wasn't without a fridge door in the meantime. I was told they would contact us in a few days to pick up the defective door. I also asked them to call me directly to handle the return. Instead, they called our customer the very next day and scheduled the pick up for Monday. We hadn't received the second door panel yet so I told them we weren't ready to swap them out yet. They proceeded to tell me it was too late to stop the request since they had already sent it through but that UPS would leave us a shipping label. Yesterday was Monday and no shipping label.

Today I called them again and they informed me to call UPS. UPS is not even aware of any labels and advised me to contact them again. I have now been told that I will have to pay the shipping plus a restocking fee for a piece of ugly metal that is below what the standard should be for a door on a refrigerator that cost close to $3K. Every single person I have spoken to has given me a different answer. The manager I spoke to tonight was rude and insensitive. They do not care about making the customer happy. They will just take your money and blow you off. It is looking like I may be out the money for the other door panel. I am afraid even if I pay the money to ship it back, they will just come up with another story as to why they can't refund me. Unbelievable! Stay far away from this company!!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

We remodeled our kitchen several years ago and replaced our dishwasher, refrigerator and slide-in range/oven with Electrolux appliances. All three have required significant repairs or replacement. The dishwasher has failed twice and has “irreparable problem”. The wire that holds the door open in various position is connected to a molded plastic fitting in the frame. The fitting breaks off the molded plastic frame. The machine is build on and that’s that’s, you need a new dishwasher. After two years of service we received a $200. Credit toward our next $1,000+ machine. The fancy range we bought had a valve fail and that was $400. And the ice maker failed in the fridge. That was $350 for half an ice maker that now sounds like it’s grinding up glaciers. No more Electrolux for us!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Electrolux?

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I bought Electrolux dryer EFMG627UTT recently on Sep 18. Dryer is taking too long to dry and customer service is poor. They already change the motherboard board and temp sensor. The predictive dry is stupid feature and not working good. The empty dryer with no load is running 1 hr and they claim that it can sense the load and moisture and predict accurately the running time. Means it should stop cycle in few min when load and moisture is 0. But still it predicts 57 min and running for 57. Technicians Jose says it is normal and per tech specification and when I asked what is the tech spec, he said he don't know. None of them in customer care knows that spec. Worst customer support and worst machine. If anybody can guide to sue them I will be happy to do. Reason of review: Poor customer service. Monetary Loss: $1800.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Not only was our washer and dryer late, but when they arrived, the stacking kit (that we purchased with it) AND the dryer vent did not come with. I tried calling like 10 different numbers to not get ANY help, still didn't. So when the delivery people came, they couldn't even set it up for us. Now we had to go back to Home Depot, explain, and show them we paid. They had trouble contacting them! So it's going to be another week plus of waiting for the kit! That comes to almost 7 total weeks of waiting when they were originally scheduled to be here November 6 (originally with a 3 week waiting period). It is now November 27 and delivery date for this part is December 5. I'm livid. Customer service reps are bogus and people didn't do their job right.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

My washing machine broke a few weeks ago and Electrolux sent the most unqualified electrician to "repair" it. Not only did he fail to repair anything but charged me 240 dollars and tried to get me to pay double the amount for a new washer. A very dishonest company! I will never purchase anything from them again.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

Safety alert! Purchased this dryer from Sears in December 2017, and have experienced lint clogging problems in the fan assembly since then. Spoke with Rita ** at corporate, November 20, 2018, at 12:30 p.m. central standard time. She first asked what she could do to and I told her to pay for the parts I ordered or replace the dryer. I reviewed my original email message to her (Rita **) as she appeared to not have read it thoroughly. She stated that my installing the filter assembly lint clamshell (530451374) and the grill assembly lint with moisture sensor (5304515376) would void my manufacturer's warranty. Even though the parts are newer models (for EFME627U) released after discontinuing my dryer model and would work by using longer mounting screws and transferring the original moisture sensor wire assembly, Electrolux would dismiss the unit and no longer honor the warranty.

I stated that the engineers would be very happy to learn about the problem and the repair to correct using the newer design parts. I also asked Rita if she would like grandmothers or other elderly people to have to deal with the "felt producing" lint buildup in the fan assembly. I expressed concern regarding the high number of bad reviews of this dryer because of the lint problem. Rita promptly tried to tell me that the majority of the Internet reviews are negative at which point I cut her off and explained that I understand how the Internet works as I am an IT professional. People typically post detailed negative reviews when extremely frustrated or disappointed. Rita said something about posting good reviews and I told her that I do not post reviews for every service and item that delivers as expected. It is only the problems that need to be shared or those services or items that deliver in a much better than expected manner.

Rita stated a minimum of three times that it was at my discretion to post negative reviews - even when I explained that they would be detailed. With all that said, are you certain that this direction is the one endorsed by Electrolux corporate? It is a great disappointment to me and I will need to spend more time to release the reviews as I do NOT want elderly people or others (think of your family and friends) to purchase such a problematic dryer. This dryer is the FIRST to exhibit these problems - even with washing and drying laundry containing MORE fur and lint with my previously owned, other branded, units.

In all cases I am a fanatic about cleaning the lint screen and in the situation of the current Electrolux, stopping the cycle midway to perform an additional cleaning if I am drying whites (cotton based). Note that I also sent email messages to Alan Shaw and Jonas Samuelson receiving NO response or bounce messages (their email addresses are good). Will never purchase Electrolux products again.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

We bought a Frigidaire refrigerator back in June, 2018. In August 1st, the refrigerator started to act up and stop making any ice or throwing any water. Since it is still under the first year warranty covered by the company, I called Electrolux to have this issue fixed. They have sent five repairs technician from two different service companies to fix this issue and have not fix this yet. Every time a new technician comes to diagnose it, they have to order a part. They have replaced so many parts and still not fixed yet.

After three months waiting for technicians and parts to come, I request Electrolux to replace the unit and they rejected the request. They told me that they can't replace it until a technician tells them it's non-fixable (the technician will never tell them it's non-fixable because he's making money every time he comes to diagnose/repair it). In the meantime, we can't use our product after we paid so much. Electrolux does not stand up for their products, they will have you on and on until you give up and suck it up or until the warranty expires so the problem can be on you.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

My husband and I purchased an Electrolux refrigerator from Lowe's in March of 2017. In May of 2017 we moved into our new home that was just built. In August, 2017, I came home to water in my kitchen that was coming thru the ceiling of my finished basement. A repairman was sent out to replace a part. In September, 2017, I was standing at my kitchen sink and the water dispenser just came on. Thankfully I was home to shut off the water. The repairman asked me to videotape it the next time it happened to document it! Another part was ordered and replaced.

About 10 days ago (October, 2018), I woke up early to get a glass of water and found myself standing in water and water again coming thru the basement ceiling. Lowe's stated I was out of warranty and to contact Electrolux directly, which I did. This morning a 3rd repairman came out and again stated a part needed to be replaced. I requested Electrolux replace this obvious lemon of a refrigerator but they will not. They can only offer me an extended warranty thru March 2019. I have no confidence in this product. I will not be able to leave my house or go to bed any night for fear that this will happen a 4th time. How many times does this product have to ruin my home before it will be replaced? Do not buy model E123CS35KS4A if you value your home. Shame on Electrolux for not standing by their product.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

We had our kitchen remodeled five years ago. Right off the bat the refrigerator started acting up. After several service calls we received a check for our purchase price. Thank goodness we got the extended warranty. Next the microwave door handle came off. They came out and replaced it. Unfortunately, it has happened again, our warranty is over so we will be purchasing a new microwave. Not an Electrolux. Our dishwasher door was malfunctioning. The service rep told the warranty people that it was non repairable. The piece that needed to be replaced was a small plastic piece that he said they couldn’t get to replace. He also said that we must have been responsible for it breaking so they would not replace the dishwasher. Another interesting note is that every technician that came here remarked at what horrible appliances Electrolux are. Wish I had known that.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I have been waiting 6 weeks for my washer to get fixed. I can’t seem to get anyone in the warranty customer service department at RC Willey to tell me at what point I will have a working washer. The repair company has been out three times to repair the washer with no success. Prior to this I had the dryer fixed 2 times using the Electrolux first year warranty and one time through the RC Willey Warranty. Each repair takes a minimum of 2 weeks to complete. The washer/dryer set is 2 years old.

I have contacted Electrolux and they said I have a parts warranty but will have to pay out of pocket if I don’t use the warranty. What is the point of purchasing a warranty if you never have a working product? I’m trying really hard to understand why it is so hard to complete the repairs on the unit I have. If you sell a warranty you should stand behind it. I will never buy Electrolux again and most certainly will never purchase anything from RC Willey. Extremely disappointed in both companies.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

After using my dryer for a couple of years now, I've been having problems. The lint filter no longer fits smoothly. The edge sits up higher than the rest of the area in the front of the dryer and this causes clothing to get hung on the edge, thus, wrapping around other garments until a knot of twisted, knotted clothing exists. This twisting and heating of the garments actually causes wrinkling and stretching which is very difficult to get out, even no-iron clothing requires either wetting and re-drying or ironing.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

My husband and I have had nothing but problems with our Electrolux refrigerator. We have had the ice maker serviced numerous times. Now it’s out of warranty and have paid 800 dollars to fix something that Electrolux knew could not be fixed. Now Electrolux won’t help us on a refrigerator that we bought for 3700 dollars. Electrolux won’t help us at all. Electrolux is a terrible company when it comes to customer service and Electrolux does not stand by their product. Electrolux need to understand if you piss off consumer we will stop paying your product.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

If it were possible to rate Electrolux with zero stars I would have done that. I have had a nightmare of an experience with my Electrolux front loader washing machine and this was a VERY expensive machine. The first machine that was delivered to me didn't work at all so that had to be removed and another new machine brought it.

That second machine worked for about 10 washes and it went out. Not only was this completely inconvenient to be without a washing machine again, and realizing that this incredible expensive machine was completely unreliable, Working with Electrolux with the warranty to have it serviced was a total nightmare. The local company they used under the warranty to come out and service the machine took almost 2 weeks to get me on their calendar so I was without a washing machine for that amount of time and I just had to wait it out, per Electrolux (that's even after going to their customer service management). When the company came to service it, they determined that it needed FOUR MAJOR PARTS REPLACED, which included a new water sensor, a new motor, new motherboard, etc. I had this SECOND new machine for less than 45 days. Not only that, but 3 of the 4 parts that needed replacing were on backorder.

Electrolux was AWFUL to deal with, their customer service kept hanging up on me or passing me around when I was trying to find a solution to this problem and eventually they told me that I had to wait it out and they would get someone to service it when the parts came in. I was the one inconvenienced by their unreliable product and they had zero sympathy for my situation (including the fact that I'm extremely pregnant and about to have a baby any day). I regret buying an Electrolux appliance and hope this review reaches a lot of people so others don't go through the same nightmare I've been through with this company.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Purchased second most expensive dryer from Electrolux’s assortment. Less than 10 months the dryer started making a terrible sound. A technician came out twice unable to fix. Essentially requiring to replace all internal parts. Electrolux customer service department is filled with incompetent individuals that do not understand the meaning of customer service. Each person I spoke with, were not solution oriented or the slightest bit empathetic to the issue(s) at hand.

I emailed the head of appliances in North America (Alan Shaw) in hopes he could have an individual or team to assist with the issue. I was contacted by a horrendously rude woman (Rita **) who was curt and not once apologized for the inconvenience. She offered a 20% discount on an extended warranty. Since then I emailed the CEO of all Electrolux worldwide and have very little confidence he or anyone else in company will be accommodating or offer any resemblance of customer service. DO NOT BUY ELECTROLUX PRODUCTS.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

Purchased $855 Whirlpool washing machine from Harvey Norman Mornington 3 weeks ago. First wash after delivery and install the house flooded. Rang customer service and next Monday a "repairman" arrived who said the new machine could not be repaired. Our newly laid carpets were flooded and our insurer was there on the Saturday commencing the drying process. We sustained $2k damage and had to pay $500 excess. The Electrolux company refuses our request to cover the damages or even remove the machine from the laundry! They said they may refund the machine cost if we send them a bank statement to verify our identity. Next stop is ACCC. This treatment by Electrolux seems endemic from all the reviews.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I purchased a washer and dryer combo about a year ago that came with a $100 visa card rebate. I submitted the rebate application that day. I waited for months but got nothing in the mail. I decided to call back to see what was going on and it turns out that the rebate was declined because my zip code was missing from the invoice from the store, yet I entered it on the application. All the other information was identical. They state that I was notified via email but never received anything regarding it. Electrolux refused to resend the $100 gift card when I contacted customer support. I see similar rebates currently advertised on their products so I don't see why they can't just resend the gift card.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I got the Electrolux dishwasher as a package from our home builder. We had problems from the start. Within the first year, while it was still under warranty, we had to get it serviced three times. It would not dry the dishes, the pump failed so it would discharge the water. Right now the touch controls are unusable. I have to open-close the door ~10 times before I can simply press start. Forget about selecting any custom wash cycle. Every so often even that does not work and I have to cycle the power to the unit at the fuse box. We are waiting for the unit to die to replace it. My only consolation is that I did not spend any money on service. I am never buying another Electrolux appliance again, and I am telling everyone I know to follow suit.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I have all Electrolux appliances that we got from our home builder. After only 3 years, one day the outer glass on the door burst while pre-heating the oven. There was no impact on the door. There was no one near the door, fortunately. Overall, I regret choosing Electrolux appliances. I wish we picked another brand. I had even worse experience with the dishwasher which I write about separately.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

To all my family, friends and shipmates: Please forward this on to as many people as possible in order to get the widest amount of coverage as possible! My wife and I purchased a new Electrolux Refrigerator (Model Number EW23BC70IS) on 25 May 2009 at a cost of $3699.00 for our new home. In less than a year were so many problems with the refrigerator; ice maker not working and freezer drawer cracked (which were covered under warranty), that Electrolux finally replaced it with another one (Model Number EW23BC71IS) on 29 April 2011.

On 9 August 2013 there was a service call to replace electronic board and ice maker. On 5 September 2016 another service call to install Rear Insulation Kit. Finally, on 16 May 2018, a service call to install Air Handler. Then less than month later, on 13 June 2018, a service call to Beach Appliance Service, LLC., regarding frozen water line, no ice or water, and large mold patch on wall next to the back of refrigerator in addition to water dripping from back of refrigerator.

The bottom line is that even though Electrolux was contacted both by Beach Appliance Service, who provided a total of 18 pictures (including mold), and myself (at least 5 phone calls) regarding this issue, Electrolux’s bottom line was that the refrigerator was out of warranty and that they would be happy to give me 10% off a new refrigerator. Please tell everyone you know what a lousy product Electrolux makes and that no one should buy anything from them or go through what we did. Since I didn't any resolution from Electrolux, I am now taking them to small claims court.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I got a double door Electrolux refrigerator this year. The day I got I have issues on cooling too much and spoiling things. I have complain thrice in this six month. I am not getting a solution. The worst service and worst fridge I ever seen.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

Our washing machine broke after less than two years. We were required to use their service provider and have had NO resolution for 5 WEEKS! New parts ordered and many service appointments. Electrolux refuses to replace our machine which is irreparable. Customer service has been totally unhelpful. We will never buy an Electrolux product again. VERY disappointed and STILL without a washing machine.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

2 years ago we received an Electrolux french door refrigerator as a replacement for the same refrigerator that lasted one year. The ice maker stopped working at 1.5 years and now it won't stay cold. The master repair technician concluded the whole thing is beyond repair. We have now been without a refrigerator for almost 3 weeks as Electrolux tries to determine how and when to replace it. Very dissatisfied with the durability of this $3500 product and the customer service is slow and unresponsive. They keep assuring me that it is moving forward and seem satisfied with their response. I would not recommend spending any money with this company.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I purchased an extended service agreement on my washer, waste of time and money. It has been 3 weeks and my washing machine is still broken and leaks. I finally had the service come back today to repair the pump, but after he left I ran a load and my whole laundry room was flooded. When I called Electrolux the customer service representative asked me what the problem was after I explained the whole situation, he didn't think the water leaking from the machine was an issue for them to deal with. Not to mention waiting 3 weeks for my washer to be fix the amount of mold that grew inside by the motor and pump was ridiculous, especially when I asked the technician on his original visit to please open the machine to remove broken pump and that I could clean it all out.

Instead today when the machine was open water came pouring out that had been sitting in there for 3 weeks! Today is Monday and it has been 3 weeks since I called for repair, still can't use my washer, and was given an 8am-5pm time slot on Friday! So ridiculous! I have spoken to supervisors and have gotten nowhere. I will never buy another Electrolux product again! I'm done dealing with them, they will now be hearing from my lawyer.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Tech advised over one thousand dollars in repairs and option to purchase a warranty for over $400. What?! Um, no! Bye Electrolux, won't be seeing my money in your pockets anytime soon. A 3 year old $3200.00 range that doesn’t get much use, again if I can help you save thousands by my review, throwing that POS in the trash is worth every penny.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I bought a refrigerator brand new from this company about 3 years ago. Since buying my refrigerator they have been out 4 times to service the same part. 5 times if I can finally get someone to come out and service my refrigerator yet again because it stopped getting cold. I have had 2 appointments and know one have shown up. They was either canceled by the company or the worker never showed up. When asked will I be reimbursed for my food. I was told they don't do that. This company is HORRIBLE.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I purchased a $3200 induction range/oven 3 years ago. It suddenly out of nowhere stopped working. I heard a loud pop and error code e 31 came up. I called service providers in the area and they referred me to Electrolux directly. Took a whole week for the service to come. I was given an 8-5 time frame. Spent all day waiting only to be told service person called phone on file and no answer so service person that works for Electrolux decided not to show up. Next appointment available in another week. They obviously have control of their parts and want to monopolize the service aspect of their products. Don’t be held hostage by this company and order a different brand. Horrible experience.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I have seen a lot of bad reviews on here for Electrolux, which I find surprising. I write a lot of reviews, many of them are of a negative nature, but I am happy to say that this review of Electrolux, is anything but negative. Never in my 63 years of life have I ever received better customer service that I have from Electrolux. World Class Customer Support is an understatement. They went above and beyond to make sure that my issue with an Electrolux appliance, in my case a Window A/C was taken care of! I cannot sing their praises enough! I can honestly say, that this company has me for a customer for life, and every time I replace an appliance in the future it will be and Electrolux brand! You cannot go wrong with this company!

Electrolux expert review by Jonathan Trout

Electrolux is known for making kitchen, laundry and home care appliances. They also make 12 sizes of chest freezer ranging in size from 3.5 to 28 cubic feet.

• 3.5 cubic foot freezer: This is the smallest chest freezer made by Electrolux. It comes with one removable wire basket, mechanical temperature control, manual defrosting and a safety lock. It has a four-star energy rating.

• 7.0 cubic foot freezer: This is one of Electrolux’s midsize chest freezers. It features a mechanical temperature control, interior light, manual defrost, a recessed handle and a safety lock. It also includes adjustable legs. It comes with a four-star energy rating.

• 14.8 cubic foot freezer: The 14.8 cubic foot chest freezer has a four-star energy rating, four wire baskets for convenient storage and a safety lock. It has a mechanical temperature control, an external handle and a quick-freeze setting.

• 28 cubic foot freezer: This is the largest chest freezer Electrolux makes. It has a four-star energy rating and manual defrost. The temperature can be set to as low as -12 degrees. It features six wheels, a safety lock, two baskets and flat back to fit against any wall.

• Upright freezers: Electrolux makes three models of upright freezers. Two have a capacity of 13.7 cubic feet and come in white or stainless steel. The other model is 8 cubic feet and comes in white. The feature electric control panels, wire storage baskets and quick-freeze options.

• Best for: consumers looking for an upright or chest freezer.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout