2. Homeowners

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Electrolux Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Electrolux?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Electrolux?

Original review: July 29, 2020

I bought a chest freezer from Electrolux and it broke within 6 days. And then I called right away to get it replaced and they only do repairs. So they told me I had to make an appointment to get a repair but they would get back to me in five days to do so because they didn't have any availability. A week and a half later I called and they said they were still waiting on service (after they put me on a "brief hold" for two hours). I told the lady I wanted an update the next day and she never called. So I called back the next day – still nothing and still waiting on service. I bought it from Home Depot and that is the second appliance I bought from home depot not only did I have problems with but customer service gave me problems. I am a contractor. I will not buy so much as a drywall screw from home depot. And I will not purchase or install an Electrolux application for myself or anyone else. Absolute garbage and a sorry excuse for a company and ignorant customer service.

Original review: June 5, 2020

My wife and I bought a brand new home, with brand new Electrolux appliances 2 years ago. EVERY Electrolux appliance we bought has had major problems within the first 18 months, and continues to break. The following all happened within the first 18 months of owning the appliances, and with fairly light use. The microwave simply stopped working. The control panel went black and would not response. We paid nearly $1000 for parts and labor to fix it (as this happened just barely after the warranty expired). 6 months later, the same thing happened. No support or coverage, although the technician was quite insistent that he never sees problems with these appliances and that we buy an extended warranty from him, which we did not.

The refrigerator door handle became very loose. $90 repair bill. Technician was again quite insistent that he never sees problems with these appliances and that we buy an extended warranty from him, which we did not. About a month later, the freezer drawer handle became very loose. $90 repair bill. The technician was quite insistent that we buy an extended warranty from him. We did not. The Oven stopped working. Simply no heat. Everything looked like it was working, but there would be no heat. $540 repair bill. The technician once again claimed that these appliances almost never have any issues, and was quite insistent that we buy an extended warranty from him. We did not.

The dishwasher top rack continues to break loose from its rollers, requiring everything be removed, including unscrewing the brackets for the top rack, and remounting it. This is a very poor design, and seems to be a very common problem on this model. The stove top knobs have all broken loose, and the stove top ignition has stopped working several times.

You may be thinking that we must really be rough on our appliances. No.. We barely use them. Our kids have moved away and it is just my wife and I. We are gentle with them, and try to be very careful, especially with what now seems to be extremely fragile workmanship. We have owned several homes and many, many kitchen appliances... We have never had any issues (even when all of our kids were at home and the appliances saw much greater use). Electrolux is without question the very worst. You may be asking why we don't replace them, instead of repairing them. Good question, and we probably will. Of course the cabinets were designed around these appliances, and they all match aesthetically, which is a big part of the reason.

Get buying tips about Freezers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 28, 2020

Same story as many other reviews. Bought a new Electrolux fridge online at Home Depot Canada. Was dropped off and after 24hrs I noticed ice forming in freezer. I called HD and after 4 attempts to contact the service repair place I finally had someone come and tell me the fridge is faulty and I now need to call my local HD to get a new one. After MANY calls I was then told to call HD head office, then was told to call Electrolux direct, then was told to call back HD H.O. - my head was spinning SO MUCH from the royal runaround. I am STILL waiting to get this dealt with. Keep getting promised I will get called back and NEVER once been called back. I've spend hours of my valuable time chasing this around and sitting on hold. Like others have said I will NEVER buy another appliance from Home Depot NOR will I EVER buy an Electrolux product as their after sales 'service' is non-existent!

Original review: April 28, 2020

The handle on our Microwave/hood broke one year ago and was replaced under an extended warranty. It broke again, same exact place as the first one less than a year in use by a household of two. No warranty coverage this time. When I contacted C/S their response was “I’ll be happy to schedule a service call, however it will be at your expense. I push back and the best I could do was a 50% discount on the part." When done I will spend approx 225.00 for parts and labor. When I questioned the possibility of a design problem, I was told that if there was they would have heard of it... Terrible design, terrible C/S answer, terrible Corp approach to a problem. This microwave was not inexpensive but the parts may well be of poor quality. I can’t not recommend Electrolux at this time.

Original review: April 17, 2020

I purchased a brand new built-in style Electrolux refrigerator and it arrived dead. A repair company sent by Electrolux identified the problem being there was no refrigerant, he then told me that my compressor will fail most likely within a year because it was run for a short time without the refrigerant and contaminated. Electrolux is fine to deliver dead products to their customers and will only offer to do repairs - not replace the fridge for a new one. Unfortunately, my compressor may fail outside of the warranty period and despite this being part of the refrigerant problem I will be forced to pay. I will never buy Electrolux products ever again.

Original review: April 9, 2020

In a year and a half we have had every single part replaced in our fridge and actually have had the entire fridge replaced. The fridge freezes your food - period. They customer service have stated that the fridge is operating as it was designed. You must strategically place your food in the fridge. It cannot be near the back part of the fridge - that is by design. That was not in the brochure. That being said you loose about 3" of space in your fridge, otherwise your food freezes. And yes if you place a glass of water near the back - it freezes. I have plenty of pictures to show. Poor design, poor customer experience. If you want a freezer I guess buy from this company but don't buy a fridge. Thank goodness I have a real fridge in my garage.

Original review: March 28, 2020

Worst of the worst in the USA. Words to describe these guys’ actions: destruction, incomplete, broken, missing part, dented, scratched, pinched, smashed and finally, OMG I HAVE TO REDO ALL OF THAT!!! Never again! I won’t ever buy appliances from HD or Lowe’s, I’ll buy somewhere else and pick up MYSELF!!!! Thanks, hate you people!

Original review: March 2, 2020

Purchased a new home in May 2019, and all my appliance are covered under warranty which I paid for at the purchase of my home. Today, my over light went out. I was transferred 5 times, hung up on twice and completely ignored twice. The last person I spoke to put on hold for 20 minutes after giving her all information only for her to come back on telling me that they're out of stock and they don't when it will come in but she can give me the part number and I can go and buy it myself. The worst customer service I have EVER experienced, ever! Who is training these people. As far as I am concerned they are all being paid to do absolutely nothing. I will be sure to share with everyone in this new development and those who might move in that your appliance are truly not covered, Excuses and frustration is what you are going to get when you call Electrolux for anything especially if you are under warranty.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

8-10 years nothing is in stock for your Electrolux appliance. Avoid Electrolux. Many issues exists from quality to replacement products. My entire kitchen is Electrolux. I had a bad fridge first, the dishwasher doesn’t clean well. Now a range that has no filter replacements.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

The ice maker quit working, we found out there was a class action law suit against Electrolux with the ice maker. The service repair tech has been out to our house 4 friggin' times and it's still not fixed! Every time my wife calls, they keep her on hold for 45+ minutes hoping she hangs up, guess what? She's not going away, she'll call and call and call, she's not going away. We had a 10 year old KitchenAid, stuck that refer outside to use for the pool and Jacuzzi and never had a problem with it. I'm about to kick that Electrolux outside and bring the kitchen aid back in the house!

Electrolux author review by Jonathan Trout

Electrolux is known for making kitchen, laundry and home care appliances. They also make 12 sizes of chest freezer ranging in size from 3.5 to 28 cubic feet.

• 3.5 cubic foot freezer: This is the smallest chest freezer made by Electrolux. It comes with one removable wire basket, mechanical temperature control, manual defrosting and a safety lock. It has a four-star energy rating.

• 7.0 cubic foot freezer: This is one of Electrolux’s midsize chest freezers. It features a mechanical temperature control, interior light, manual defrost, a recessed handle and a safety lock. It also includes adjustable legs. It comes with a four-star energy rating.

• 14.8 cubic foot freezer: The 14.8 cubic foot chest freezer has a four-star energy rating, four wire baskets for convenient storage and a safety lock. It has a mechanical temperature control, an external handle and a quick-freeze setting.

• 28 cubic foot freezer: This is the largest chest freezer Electrolux makes. It has a four-star energy rating and manual defrost. The temperature can be set to as low as -12 degrees. It features six wheels, a safety lock, two baskets and flat back to fit against any wall.

• Upright freezers: Electrolux makes three models of upright freezers. Two have a capacity of 13.7 cubic feet and come in white or stainless steel. The other model is 8 cubic feet and comes in white. The feature electric control panels, wire storage baskets and quick-freeze options.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team