Find a Freezers partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Electrolux Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Electrolux?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Electrolux?

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

We bought our Electrolux several years ago and this type you empty a clear canister of dirt and you can easily pull apart to wash. After having it for several years, we bought another one since it never gave us any trouble and it worked great.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

This Range/Oven had all the features I was looking for. Besides looking great, the range has a fast boil feature which saves a lot of time. The oven is convection and has a roast mode which was high on my must have feature list. Oven consistently cooks evenly. Overall this Range/Oven is a wonderful addition to my kitchen. I would definitely recommend this to anyone in the market for this appliance.

Get buying tips about Freezers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

Love love love my stove and oven. Would buy again and again. No sticking on glass top and oven bakes and cleans like a dream. Best oven and stove I have ever owned and worth every penny vs glass top stove.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

I love my stove. In fact had to get a dishwasher. Looked at other brands of stove, I told my husband there’s not a stove I’d have for sale right now. They are so cheaply made, if mine has issues I’ll have mine fixed unless I find another Electrolux on the floor. Sad they don’t carry more Electrolux appliances on their floor to see!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

My Electrolux refrigerator broke down in less than 5 years and needed a control unit. Electrolux claims that they do not have any control units for me. Their solution was to buy a new one. Buyer beware. If you buy an Electrolux product, you may have to replace it if it is need of a part as Electrolux will wash their hands and claim you need to buy a new one.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

Microwave quit working after 3 years, known flaw in design, want $406 for new door. Bought $3500 refrigerator, after 2 1/2 years had to be replaced. Luckily I bought the extended warranty. Do not buy Electrolux

Original review: Aug. 19, 2021

I bought a ** Refrigerator and Washing Machine 5 years ago when I built my house. Both are broken. The fridge leaked water all over the floor causing the base cabinets in the kitchen to suck up the moisture and ruin them. The Washing Machine needs a new circuit board. How does a circuit board fail after 5 years? Incredible. Stay away from Electrolux.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

Bought 20 cuft Frigidaire freezer in Dec. 2020. Did not work correctly after 2 weeks, frosted up. Fan stopped working. Light did not work. Electrolux who now owns frigidaire, sent out service man a week later. After missing with the door the service man said he would have to order a new door and gasket. After several weeks (the freezer had now stopped working) the door and gasket where delivered. The service man never returned or answered my calls. I called electrolux. They sent out a different company. After a few weeks the service man said he would have to order some parts. He did do something with the fan motor. He did order some parts.

After several weeks, 3 or 4 I called the service company and they told me that one of the parts was on back order. After 6 months the part came in. A month before I plugged in the freezer and it started working. Still frosted up and no light. The service man returned and after about 30 minutes he said it needed another part. He was not using the part we had waited over 6 months to get. A week later he returned, put some shims in the original door and everything worked right. Not end of story. The new door is still on my sun room floor on a pallet (6ft long). It's now been 8 months, They kept telling me they were going to pick it up. Now they say because it's a residence they can't get it pick up, they had it DELIVERED. Now they say it's up to me to dispose of it at my expense. I think I am going to try and sell it!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

We have a new side by side refrigerator. It is faulty from the manufacturer and Electrolux agreed to buy it back. Unfortunately the consumer has to do all the work. Including get a sticker off the inside of the unit. After multiple attempts the sticker tore in many pieces. When I called customer service they said pour vinegar on sticker for 5 minutes. I questioned how to do this on a refrigerator we are using. He hang up on me. Worst customer service I have ever had. We don't plan on buying Electrolux again.

Original review: May 10, 2021

Purchased a Electrolux Refrigerator Model #EW288S715A. Ice maker stopped working about 6 months after install. Electrolux tried and send us a new refrigerator. Within a few months the ice maker went again. Electrolux said they would sell us another new one for 40% off the retail price. It's a good thing we didn't do that deal - I have since learned that the refrigerator that they would have sold us would have had the same problem. So no ice-maker in a $4000 CDN appliance and after a few years an error message appeared on the panel.

Found out that the problem with the ice maker has now caused more serious problems with the guts of the refrigerator from water damage caused by poor insulation that will cost us almost $900 CDN and will probably fail again in the near future. Electrolux know this is a problem but are not reaching out to their customers to tell them what to do - basically the company has stuck their heads in the sand hoping that purchasers of this product don't get together and go after them. I am working on starting a class action suit. Electrolux is one of the largest appliance manufacturers in the world and are abusing their clients with incredibly bad designed products. Stay away from Electrolux. I was told that Bosch makes a fairly good refrigerator.

Electrolux author review by Jonathan Trout

Electrolux is known for making kitchen, laundry and home care appliances. They also make 12 sizes of chest freezer ranging in size from 3.5 to 28 cubic feet.

• 3.5 cubic foot freezer: This is the smallest chest freezer made by Electrolux. It comes with one removable wire basket, mechanical temperature control, manual defrosting and a safety lock. It has a four-star energy rating.

• 7.0 cubic foot freezer: This is one of Electrolux’s midsize chest freezers. It features a mechanical temperature control, interior light, manual defrost, a recessed handle and a safety lock. It also includes adjustable legs. It comes with a four-star energy rating.

• 14.8 cubic foot freezer: The 14.8 cubic foot chest freezer has a four-star energy rating, four wire baskets for convenient storage and a safety lock. It has a mechanical temperature control, an external handle and a quick-freeze setting.

• 28 cubic foot freezer: This is the largest chest freezer Electrolux makes. It has a four-star energy rating and manual defrost. The temperature can be set to as low as -12 degrees. It features six wheels, a safety lock, two baskets and flat back to fit against any wall.

• Upright freezers: Electrolux makes three models of upright freezers. Two have a capacity of 13.7 cubic feet and come in white or stainless steel. The other model is 8 cubic feet and comes in white. The feature electric control panels, wire storage baskets and quick-freeze options.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team