Find a Freezers partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Electrolux Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Electrolux?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Electrolux?

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

This Range/Oven had all the features I was looking for. Besides looking great, the range has a fast boil feature which saves a lot of time. The oven is convection and has a roast mode which was high on my must have feature list. Oven consistently cooks evenly. Overall this Range/Oven is a wonderful addition to my kitchen. I would definitely recommend this to anyone in the market for this appliance.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

Love love love my stove and oven. Would buy again and again. No sticking on glass top and oven bakes and cleans like a dream. Best oven and stove I have ever owned and worth every penny vs glass top stove.

Get buying tips about Freezers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

I love my stove. In fact had to get a dishwasher. Looked at other brands of stove, I told my husband there’s not a stove I’d have for sale right now. They are so cheaply made, if mine has issues I’ll have mine fixed unless I find another Electrolux on the floor. Sad they don’t carry more Electrolux appliances on their floor to see!

Original review: May 10, 2021

Purchased a Electrolux Refrigerator Model #EW288S715A. Ice maker stopped working about 6 months after install. Electrolux tried and send us a new refrigerator. Within a few months the ice maker went again. Electrolux said they would sell us another new one for 40% off the retail price. It's a good thing we didn't do that deal - I have since learned that the refrigerator that they would have sold us would have had the same problem. So no ice-maker in a $4000 CDN appliance and after a few years an error message appeared on the panel.

Found out that the problem with the ice maker has now caused more serious problems with the guts of the refrigerator from water damage caused by poor insulation that will cost us almost $900 CDN and will probably fail again in the near future. Electrolux know this is a problem but are not reaching out to their customers to tell them what to do - basically the company has stuck their heads in the sand hoping that purchasers of this product don't get together and go after them. I am working on starting a class action suit. Electrolux is one of the largest appliance manufacturers in the world and are abusing their clients with incredibly bad designed products. Stay away from Electrolux. I was told that Bosch makes a fairly good refrigerator.

Original review: May 5, 2021

Purchased the unit in September 2020. Had repairman out in November. Now, in May, I’m still waiting for a fan motor assembly to resolve a fan noise that sounds like a bass boat motor when oven hits 420 degrees. I understand COVID excuses, but you sold this oven 6 months into the pandemic. Why do you make and sell new products, but claim you can’t service what you are selling? Stop building new units and use the parts to service what you’ve already sold. Don’t leave your customers holding your COVID bag of problems.

Original review: April 3, 2021

Customer Service Non existent. We bought a slide-in stove from Electrolux 3.5 years ago. For over 2 years we have dealt with an electrical panel shorting on the appliance. Now the unit has completely shut down. We had a repair person look at it who says all the circuit panels need replacing at $900 plus $800 labour. The stove cost approx $2300 and three years later we are facing a $1700 repair that is not guaranteed to fix the problem. While I'm aware many appliances only have a 1 year warranty are we to believe we should plan on throwing in the trash Electrolux appliances after 3 years? Not impressed!

Original review: March 18, 2021

Electrolux-Frigidaire 5 Cu Ft Freezer. I have gone round and round with them over my Freezer making a noise every 10 to 20 minutes. This sound is like a mechanical switch turning on at 63 Decibel. They shift the blame on my set up saying that if I had it on a carpet and something to absorb the sound, it would be less noticeable. They do not say the sound doesn't happen but as long as it is still freezing this is okay. I am very dissatisfied with this unit. Admitting it freezes. But the noise is very aggravating. Sam's club freezer is $100 cheaper and totally quiet.

Original review: March 10, 2021

Our new home came with Electrolux appliances, which I thought was great. Not so much. My dishwasher buttons are smearing off (Model EI24ID81SS) and the button board requires unplug and replugging when the button board freezes. My wall oven has (EW30EW55PS) has a temperature probe that worked for the two times I used it, and does not work. My microwave (EW30SO60QS) creates steam on the buttons, which have already malfunctioned for 4 months where the time or timer just didn't work. I have to leave my microwave open to make sure the steam for using the microwave does not break the buttons. The gas stove top (EW36GC55PS) didn't ignite one of the burners after 1 month of use so I had to manually grab a lighter & ignite the burner for use. I've never had so many issues from one brand. The only 1 star is for their "aesthetic" appearance.

Original review: March 5, 2021

I purchased a top of the line French Door refrigerator 7 years ago and have had a number of issues. Bad seals, broken parts, ice maker freezing up and now I am told the fridge will fail soon due to the internal thermal parts. Apparently I have a model that had a KNOWN PROBLEM on these models and similar Frigidaire models from 2011 to 2017!!!! Yes ELECTROLUX KNEW, BUT DID THEY DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT, seems to be a NO. They supposedly did some sort of recall but NOTHING I EVER RECEIVED. It is NOT COVERED ON YOUR HOME INSURANCE WARRANTY, in fact they tell you to CALL ELECTROLUX. So I did and I was on HOLD for 65 minutes, no mention of any sort of call back which many companies now do. I Guess ELECTROLUX WANTS TO MAXIMISE PROFITS!!!!

The lady I spoke to KNEW about this issue (Just as the TECHNICIAN that came out KNEW about this issue). She ended up giving me the number for the CORPORATE OFFICE to speak to a SHELBY so I called. Guess what? It's just a number for Electrolux, no Shelby. This is a $2400 refrigerator, it is a piece of junk and Electrolux seems to be worthless. I have one of their freezers too and guess what? It has had PROBLEMS, so ELECTROLUX YOU APPEAR TO SELL CHEAP PRODUCTS AND DON'T STAND BY YOUR PRODUCTS.

Original review: March 3, 2021

Purchase a refrigerator less than 30 days ago to find it never worked right after 2 days. Home Depot has refused to take it back as it was over their 48 hour window. Frigidaire has taken nearly a month to repair it and there is still no ETA. It continues to run fighting to keep cool and fear the electric bill will be significantly higher.

Electrolux author review by Jonathan Trout

Electrolux is known for making kitchen, laundry and home care appliances. They also make 12 sizes of chest freezer ranging in size from 3.5 to 28 cubic feet.

• 3.5 cubic foot freezer: This is the smallest chest freezer made by Electrolux. It comes with one removable wire basket, mechanical temperature control, manual defrosting and a safety lock. It has a four-star energy rating.

• 7.0 cubic foot freezer: This is one of Electrolux’s midsize chest freezers. It features a mechanical temperature control, interior light, manual defrost, a recessed handle and a safety lock. It also includes adjustable legs. It comes with a four-star energy rating.

• 14.8 cubic foot freezer: The 14.8 cubic foot chest freezer has a four-star energy rating, four wire baskets for convenient storage and a safety lock. It has a mechanical temperature control, an external handle and a quick-freeze setting.

• 28 cubic foot freezer: This is the largest chest freezer Electrolux makes. It has a four-star energy rating and manual defrost. The temperature can be set to as low as -12 degrees. It features six wheels, a safety lock, two baskets and flat back to fit against any wall.

• Upright freezers: Electrolux makes three models of upright freezers. Two have a capacity of 13.7 cubic feet and come in white or stainless steel. The other model is 8 cubic feet and comes in white. The feature electric control panels, wire storage baskets and quick-freeze options.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team