1.04/5
Based on 75 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Electrolux

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 12, 2018

628 Electrolux Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

Six months after my purchase of a washer/dryer from Electrolux (front load washer EFLW417SIW0), we began to have to run anywhere from 3-7 extra rinse cycles to get the soap left in the clothes to an acceptable level. Today, turning on the machine, with no clothes and no soap, the water begins to fill with suds in less than five minutes. We wash towels without adding soap. Electrolux customer service was contacted in July 2017, and the endless cavalcade of "repair men" started coming to my house.

The first repair person indicated that I needed to run loads of vinegar and bleach (alternating) to reduce internal soap buildup in the machine. We ran in excess of 30 loads and still had soap appearing from nowhere. Called Electrolux customer service and the second repair person says the same thing. So we continue. Now, in excess of 70 loads of "cleaner" (alternating bleach and vinegar) and a $128 water bill, I still have soap in my machine.

Called Electrolux and escalated to a supervisor. Supervisor insisted on sending out another repair person and that I should ask them to call the Electrolux factory technician help line while he is at my house for further instruction. I made their request, the repair person refused to call. I escalated to the next level of management and another repair person was ordered. During this ordeal, I was told by at least three people at Electrolux that my machine needed to be replaced. Each time I was told this, the representative put me on hold and came back and said that they would have to have another technician come out to the house. I agreed each time and did exactly as I was asked to do.

Keep in mind, at no time did any of the technicians that came to my house ever open the machine and look inside to see if there was a problem. They witnessed the soap, took pictures, and told me to clean the machine. We are now in excess of 100 washer loads of cleaning solution with both bleach and vinegar and Affresh, and still have soap in the

Each time we had someone come out, I reiterated that this is not our first "HE" machine and that the only soap we use is "HE" detergent, using MUCH less than the minimum amount of soap. Due to skin allergies, we use fragrance free and allergen free soap, and 1-2 tablespoons per load. When items are not very dirty, we use no soap, as there is enough latent soap in the machine to wash the clothes. The machine has never failed diagnostics and has never exhibited an error code, even when the machine was completely filled with suds all the way to the top during cleaning cycles.

After visit number FIVE from another technician, I re-escalated to a second level supervisor. I was told there is nothing wrong with my machine and there was nothing more that could be done. So, after five technicians, each of which acknowledged there was obviously a problem, I still have no resolution. The final technician that showed up said that this is most likely due to soap build-up between the drums inside the machine. He indicated that the repair cost could approach the cost of the machine as these machines are not built to be serviceable. He estimated the costs at one $600 to remove the drums, clean them, and put things back together. The machine was purchased for $900. And he said that Electrolux would not approve the work to be done.

On top of that, Electrolux only pays the technician if a problem is found and repaired. The first technician indicated that he changed the main drive belt in order to make some money for the trip. The belt was never changed as the machine was never opened. I did let Electrolux know this and they asked if I would rather have another company come out. My guess is that they spent about $100 on five visits to my house that will be written off as warranty expense.

When I asked the second level supervisor, Bracey, if I should just have to live with rinsing my clothes an extra 3-7 times, he said, and I quote, "...that is up to you...". Electrolux is indicating that I do not have a problem and there is nothing further they can do. I have filed a complaint with the Georgia Department of Consumer Protection and will escalate the issue at Electrolux (don't forget this is really Frigidaire) to the highest level. I do not expect to receive any further support and will have to replace my machine at my own expense. STAY AWAY.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I Bought my Electrolux Washer and Dryer in 2010, but have an Extended Service Warranty. So for a long time I've noticed black mold building up under and around Draw where you place bleach and liquid soap, but I would take out and clean and dry off. When stated by the machine I would remove detergent cup, put one Cup of Bleach and run CLEAN CYCLE. This is done to remove and clean any mold that might build up I'm guessing. But this is not occurring. Smell still came out of machine and I would leave door open and run cleaning cycle more often and also wipe down door and inside of machine of any liquid along with soap dispenser drawer.

My great Nieces have been getting sick chest, throat, and nose during the spring and summer months. Then my Son and I got bad rashes which needed medical attention. So I looked at the machine trying to figure out if that was the cause of Rashes and how to get rid of this smell. I got a flash light and looked into the OPENING where the Detergent Draw goes into and far back I see black build up way back on all sides except bottom.

This is NOT NORMAL... I contacted Electrolux to inform them to see. Maybe there is something they are doing or have done or recall to correct these issues but... all they tell me is to reference in manual and wipe down a wet areas which I do detergent drawers, I even go as far as drying washing area door, drum and rubber molding inside which makes door waterproof. I hope they read this and come up with a better solution then wipe down drawers, the area I'm talking about can't be reached to wipe down. I have posted a picture here. RUNNING the CLEANING CYCLE DOES nothing to help this situation and needs to be corrected.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

This is the first time I have ever written on of these reviews, but I just had to because I can honestly say that dealing with Electrolux has been the worst customer service experience I have ever had. And I'm still dealing with them. Some background. About 15 months ago I bought a fridge and freezer set from them. They are fairly high end, stainless steel all fridge and all freezer set. Model numbers are # E32AR85PQS and # E32AF85PQS.

I am amazed at the number of issues we have had with this fridge in such a short time. The handle is permanently loose, the seal is subpar, but those two issues are minor. After we had owned it for about six months, it started leaking water. We would wake up in the morning and there would be a pool of water in front of the fridge. I called the store where I bought the appliances, and they directed me to call Electrolux.

After about a half dozen calls and no real concrete answers they finally gave me the name of two Authorized service providers in my area and told me to call them. I did - 1 was out of service and one wasn't taking appointments for a couple of weeks. We waited the couple of weeks while the leaking continued to ruin our hardwood floor. When the repairman showed up, he called Electrolux and they told him this was an issue they were aware of and they sent him a part to fix it. So this was an issue they were aware of, but they didn't bother to reach out to people that bought the fridge. No compensation for my ruined floor was offered.

Jump ahead to about 3 weeks ago and our fridge is no longer cooling. The coldest it is getting is about 15 degrees Celsius (but it is usually warmer). I call Electrolux again and the first agent I spoke to says that I have to deal with it myself as it is past the 1 year warranty period. She asks if there is anything else she can help with and hangs up. Then I call back and get a different agent and I explain all of the issues I have previously had and she offers a part authorization, which means I have to pay for the servicing but not the parts.

I do a little more digging into my receipts and manual and see that there is a 5 year warranty on the cooling system (which is obviously where the problem is). I call them back and ask for a supervisor and explain this and then she says yes, they will cover the service cost and parts. I am not particularly happy that I was the one that had to bring this up. Had I not, I would have been on the hook for a new fridge. So, she gives me two services providers to try calling to set up an appointment. The first is the one I'd told them last time was out of business and the second one doesn't have an appointment until September (It is August 12th at this time). And this is only to come look at the fridge. I figure by the time it gets replaced or fixed I will have been without a working fridge for at least a month and a half in the summer (I have young kids, lots of milk and yogurt going bad).

While this is all going on, I have someone else look at the fridge. He is an appliance repairman but not one of their authorized dealers. He tells me what he thinks is going on (compressor issue or worse) and I relay that to Electrolux. They actually call him to confirm this, but then tell me that his opinion does not matter as he is not an Authorized servicer.

There are other repair companies that are nearby that would be able to come take a look at the fridge in the next few days, but Electrolux won't allow this because they aren't Authorized. There are other Authorized repair companies that are further away that could come in the next few days, but Electrolux won't allow this. The would rather have us be without a fridge for at least a month. With all of the issues we have had with the fridge, I would assume they would try to be accommodating, but they are not, even in the slightest. So now I wait for 3 weeks for someone to even come take a look. Poor product, worse customer service. I would never purchase another Electrolux appliance and I would suggest others stay away.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

We purchased an Electrolux dishwasher model EI241D50QS in March 2015. The main board and the pressure switch went in Nov 2016 of course after warranty. Luckily the manufacturer agreed to pay for at least the parts for replacement. Fast forward now to Aug 2017 again the main board looks to be broken in less than a year. Called customer service and asked what they can do to help me as this dishwasher is only 2 years old and should not be broken down for second time and this part is less than a year old. Only response was, “Sorry nothing we can do.”

So basically the 1k dishwasher I paid for 2 years ago is junk as the part and about to repair is almost the same cost, what a joke that they cannot stand by their product and give terrible customer service saying, “Oh well nothing we can do. You're on your own.” I will NEVER BUY ANOTHER APPLIANCE FROM ELECTROLUX OR FRIGIDAIRE EVER AGAIN AND WARN OTHERS ABOUT THEIR PRODUCT.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

Based on positive reviews across the web, bought Electrolux EFLS617 washer and matching dryer. Empty Nest household - Washer quit after 6 weeks. Warranty service into 3rd week wait. Local Service provider stated failed part is recall, and tells us min 2 weeks. I call 2 weeks later, part ordered through distributor and is on back order with no eta available. Called Electrolux for help to on recalled part; Electrolux rep stated part is not recall and would not assist in tracking part down.

Asked to speak to customer satisfaction dept; rep stated "This is Electrolux customer satisfaction" and said no more. It appears Electrolux reps are trained robots assigned to only check failed appliance is registered under your name. This rep deflected all my questions to local service provider. No help, no empathy, no apology for failure or inconvenience. Attitude not helpful - I suspect that failure is their "normal." And I’m stuck without a washer. Sorry I bought this washer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Electrolux?

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

We purchased numerous fridges of this type from Electrolux back in 2014. We are a builder, so we kept all the fridges completely sealed and in secured storage. We have had issues with every single fridge from Electrolux so far to date. The most recent was the brand new fridge we moved into a brand new home. We plugged the fridge in, and immediately there was an obvious smell of smoke. Concerned, we unplugged the fridge. Our electrician had a look at the plug and it was working fine. We called Electrolux, and they told us the issue is probably the plug. We would need to get a report from a certified electrician to prove that there are no issues with any of the plugs or circuits in the home.

We had a third party certified electrician come out, take a look and provide a report. We called Electrolux back, and they said an electrician report wouldn't count. They also somehow did not have the last call on file. They said we would instead need to get a certified Frigidaire technician to come out and look at the fridge. They gave us two possible companies in our area we could use.

We hired one of the two provided companies to come and take a look at the fridge. They did, and said that it was clear the main computer blew up as soon as the fridge was plugged in. It also appeared one of the secondary computers was fried. They made a report, and attempted to send it to Electrolux internally. Electrolux refused to accept it.

We called Electrolux yet again, saying we have a report from a certified Frigidaire technician, and could we please have an email to forward the report to. Electrolux said that never happens and only certified technicians can send reports. I told Electrolux that they themselves had already refused to receive the report internally. The call person refused to provide any email and told me to call the certified technician and tell them to send again.

We updated the certified technician, who said they would try again. They were again refused, and had to try and send the report through Electrolux's "Contact Us" form on their website. We then had to wait nearly 2 weeks before Electrolux called back, just to say nothing is covered and it isn't their problem. To replace the computers is very expensive, and with the other issues we have had with the other fridges, we had to just buy an entirely new fridge (not from Electrolux). Normally I give the benefit of the doubt over and over, but this is by far the worst service and quality I have seen - especially considering the level of luxury Electrolux is supposed to have. We will not be using Electrolux again and we will be recommending against it to any clients in the future. Thank you.

Original review: July 24, 2017

I purchased my refrigerator two months ago and already had to be repaired three times!!! Now, after the third service, the ice maker not working again! This is ridiculous! The worst refrigerator ever! I called Frigidaire customer service and they told me that they will send out another company to fix it! If the first three repair man couldn't fix it, even if they changed every and each part of the fridge for a brand new part, they think that the fourth one could do different? Maybe if he has a magic wand! This company and refrigerator from hell!

Original review: July 21, 2017

They did $1,000 worth of damage to my hardwood when delivering the refrigerator. No one cares or will return my calls. After reading all these reviews I seriously don't know how they are still in business.

Original review: July 10, 2017

This is the frig from hell! We bought the frig a little over a year ago at the 6 month mark. It started releasing water and ice whenever it wanted... unloading the whole containers worth of ice came crashing down and then water! That happened 3 times before a service guy could get out to "FIX" it! Then 3 months later it did it again. This time I was able to reset it and it worked for another 3 more months.

At this point it just did ice and I called for service again and they sent someone else out who replaced another computer board. It’s worked for a month and today it dispensed probably 5-10 gallons of water at 4 different times between 5 and 7:30 AM and I turned off the water to the frig and dried everything up called customer service who denied replacement because our frig is out of warranty! (by one month) but the customer service with Electrolux said they will still send someone out to look at it and fix. So unless you want to redo the floors in your kitchen and have a service coming to your house every other month this is NOT the frig of choice.

Original review: July 7, 2017

3 years ago we renovated our home and bought new appliances (Electrolux products - Indonesia) for the kitchen. We bought a gas range, microwave, rice cooker and refrigerator. I selected Electrolux because of my experience with Electrolux in the USA was always very positive. The rice cooker required several repairs because of a bad smell after cooking rice. It was finally resolved. The gas range oven will not stay lit and requires me to watch constantly to make sure it stays on. However, I haven't asked for a repair. I can manage using it without a repair at this time.

The main issue we have is the refrigerator. I've lost count the number of times we've contacted the service center and the number of times they've been to our home or scheduled to come to our home to repair. The service staff who attempts to repair does not appear to be experienced or authorized to make decisions to repair without contacting the service center. After a few years of frustrations and attempts to repair we will replace with another brand. I've had enough frustrations with the Indonesian service center and lack of response or promises that go unfilled.

Original review: July 3, 2017

Bought a front load washer and dryer 2 years ago. Within the first month our washer was beeping and displaying an error code. Called and told it would cost $125 for one of their authorized repairmen to take a look. Fast forward to 6 months old, it started leaving oil/grease stains on our clothing. Destroying these articles of clothing. Fast forward to 9 months in and out dryer wouldn't stay on for longer than 5 minutes at a time. Called and was told it was the heat element and it was not covered. ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?!

So we paid out of pocket to repair and purchase the part. Now not even two years old the washer is leaking water everywhere causing extensive damage to our floor and wall. They are willing to cover the part as now suddenly parts ARE covered up to two years (so our heat element should have been covered!) but are still going to be responsible for the cost of labor. I have never seen such junk! What company does not stand behind their products?! I know and understand warranties. However with units that have had as many problems as these, it is inexcusable to shrug shoulders and say "Oh well." Plagued with issues and no assistance. What a joke!!!

Original review: June 29, 2017

We purchased an Electrolux Slide-in Induction Range 3 years ago. It has been brilliant and we LOVE the induction technology. Induction cooking is best we've ever experienced. However, it suddenly stopped working and required an $800 part to fix. Turned out the part didn't solve the problem and I'm on the hook for the part and still have a stovetop that doesn't work. Electrolux originally said they'd try and help with repairs but have since said no, told us to buy an extended warranty and basically said it was our choice to purchase the part or not. I wouldn't buy any product from this company, based solely on their abysmal customer service. When you spend over $3000 on a product, you expect it to last more than 3 years and companies that require you to purchase extended warranties clearly don't have much faith in their products.

Original review: June 28, 2017

We purchased an above the stove Electrolux microwave/convection oven several years ago with the understanding that this was a good solid quality brand. We did not get an extended warranty. Almost immediately after the original warranty ended, it stopped heating. It was too costly to repair - we spent a couple hundred dollars on it and ended up just getting a new one. Same model but with the extended warranty. Glad we did, but after 4 service calls and it still doesn't turn on consistently, I will NEVER PURCHASE AN ELECTROLUX APPLIANCE AGAIN. BEWARE OF THIS BRAND. I'm sick and tired of taking time off work for a service call and then within a couple of weeks it stops working again.

Original review: June 26, 2017

We purchased our Electrolux French door refrigerator (model EW28BS85KS5) 2.5 years ago. Within days of delivery the freezer door would not stay closed, contacted Electrolux and the service company. They recommended twisted the door to get it to close and said it was repaired. Few days later door is back to opening on its own. Another company was sent out who fixed the door. All the plastic around the doors is cracking off now. Electrolux is sorry. Now both ice makers have stopped working. The top ice maker seemed to jam so my husband reached in to clear the ice and received a shock.

I called and talked to Jennifer ** the Corporate Supervisor and she advised me only parts are covered. She understands how I feel but I will need to contact 1 of 2 authorized service centers for the repair of the ice makers. Very dissatisfied, Do not buy Electrolux products. My old refrigerator looked new compared to this one and it was 20 years old.

Original review: June 26, 2017

Please steer away from this pricey fridge model-Electrolux Icon Model E23BC78ips. Since they delivered it had three doors replaced because of dents from manufacturing... I should had returned it since day one. Now the ice maker it's not working and in the back of the fridge has is a big patch of corrosion (complete stainless steel fridge) at a cost of $3,699.96. When called customer service today, they told me that if I looked at the manual I would be aware that it's not covered after a year. So basically it's a disposable fridge with a high price tag with poor customer service...

Original review: June 23, 2017

Our induction cooktop was misbehaving, false signals at start up, after a while it worked properly. We called an Electrolux technician, had to wait one week before his visit. He decided to clean the contacts with alcohol. After that NOTHING worked, he then said that we had to wait 9 weeks for a replacement control unit. HE NEVER CAME BACK and ELECTROLUX is not responding to any request. It happened in Mexico but NO ONE at headquarters in Stockholm is interested TO ANSWER. Never again their products in any part of the world.

Original review: June 21, 2017

I spent around $2000 for what I thought was a top of the line Electrolux washer and dryer from Home Depot. After use for a couple of weeks the dryer started leaking water from the steam valve. I would dry my clothes only to find a pool of water in the dryer and wet clothes. I called Home Depot and they told me to call Electrolux. Electrolux sent a service person and they did nothing to fix the problem. The person blamed the installer stating it was an installation issue. I spent hours on the phone, holding, getting transferred and hung up on with Home Depot and the Install company. After another two weeks the installer came back to check the install. At this point the water was leaking from the dryer back to the floor pan and water was collecting in large amounts on the floor plan. The installer found no issues and showed me where the water was coming from the back of the dryer.

Back to the phones again with Electrolux. Another week and the service company came back. They replaced the steam valve and said it was likely not closing. Afterwards I used the dryer again and the water was not leaking but the dryer made a rattling noise and it was getting hot to touch on outer sides of the machine. I called Electrolux and told them I was not comfortable using the dryer. This was supposed to be a brand new top of the line machine and was causing me nothing but issues, time off from work and countless hours on the phone. The Electrolux representative said I may be eligible for a replacement and that they would put in the request and I would hear back in 48 business hours. This was on a Tuesday and by Friday I still hadn't heard back.

I called Electrolux again and spoke to two different representatives; the first one said there was no update and I had to just wait. When I asked to speak to a supervisor she transfer me to a customer survey and hung up on me. The second representative said the first person did not file the request correctly and that they would put in the request again and I would need to wait another 48 business hours. Again no response within 48 hours from Electrolux. I am exhausted in dealing with this company, their poor product and customer service. If I had the option I would just return it all and get another brand. What are my rights as a consumer?

Original review: June 20, 2017

Bought a brand new Electrolux model EIFLS60LT washing machine. It had to be repaired three times in the first year. Each time they would come out and work on it they also had to order parts. We went without a washing machine two times for a month and one time for two months. We had to wait for parts that would take forever to get in. I purchased an extended warranty. Guess what broke down again. I asked to get the machine replaced. They said I started a new extended warranty and it will have to break down three times before they will replace it. I had also asked when it was under the manufacture warranty if they would replace the machine. They said it would have to go to a review board to see if that was acceptable. They never called back. Please purchase a Maytag for your own peace of mind.

Original review: June 14, 2017

My husband purchased this dishwasher from Home Depot a year ago. From the day it was installed, it has given us nothing but problems. If a dishwasher had the power to ruin a person's day, this is the model that would do that. The electronic display never works. Just never works. Push them all day to try to start a load of dishes and you get nothing but beeps. You cannot simply push the type of load and hit start, as most dishwashers allow you to do. It's all computerized and nothing works. When we finally do hit the buttons enough times to get the machine to start, it runs a cycle and the dishes come out the same as they went in - not cleaned at all.

We've called Home Depot... We've called Electrolux - all to no avail. Electrolux sent out a serviceman who did nothing. They wouldn't accept a return for this horrible machine, yet charged over $1000 for it. I'm just waiting until my husband says we should just start over and buy a new machine. He chose this one himself, so I'll probably be waiting a while. Ugh. So frustrated.

Original review: June 14, 2017

Whoa -- either in 1970 or 1971, my parents purchased a Gibson freezer. Within in the last 2 years - yep last 2 yrs - we decided to replace the working Gibson. It was still working and never broke down once. But of course, it used way too much electricity and we didn't want to take a chance with a freezer full of food. Went to Lowe's and purchased an Electrolux (tag inside of freezer) but says Frigidaire on the outside. Of course, yesterday it died and ruined a full freezer. It just floors me that a freezer that's almost 45 years would still be working and the new freezer that is ** 2 years old took a crap - OF COURSE -- IT'S OUT OF WARRANTY!!! WILL NEVER AGAIN EVEN WASTE MY TIME LOOKING AT ELECTROLUX/FRIGIDAIRE.

Updated on 07/07/2017: Within a couple of days I received an email back from Electrolux. - blah blah blah -. Yes, they said they were concerned and asked for more information regarding the repair. Explained, repair person was coming Sat. - he came - found what was wrong, said he would order the part and come back to install it. I emailed Electrolux again & explained it was a "control" of some kind. Never did they let me know NOT to pay the repair person ---- well let me know if you know of a company that will be willing to fix an appliance and then WAIT for payment. After the repair was completed, I emailed back and gave the additional information, & asked where I could mail the invoice since we paid for the repair. HAVE NOT HEARD A WORD SINCE. I do understand no company will pay for any food that was ruined or labor.

Original review: May 26, 2017

I hope this letter comes to the attention of Electrolux's Management group, Boards Directors and CEO. I feel sure that Electrolux Global company values by its customers. It is not a practical applied by Brazilian Electrolux team. I am writing to complaint about a serious disorder experienced due to the lack of commitment of Electrolux Brazil. I have tried to solve the problem using the better way to all. Brazil Electrolux Team proposed a date to solve the complaint, and unfortunately they don't care to commitments made. I have spread the history by mail, by twitter, by phone, and the unique answer available is TO WAIT. Please lets to think together, is it reasonable to stay almost 30 days without a blender at home? I think, no. By this reason, I had decided share my terrible experience with you, so I could make responsible people aware the size of disorder that they have caused.

In March, 15 I had noticed to ** the following: "I am having trouble finding spare parts for the ELECTROLUX POWERMIX 5 SPEED + PULSAR (PBE 11) 127V blender, purchased on the network's own website, under purchase order **, dated 12FEV2014. It turns out that the blender jar/cup, due to natural wear of the product, after 03 years of use, has been presenting problems and thus I want to buy spare part. Such pieces are not easily found, perhaps existing."

In this regard, I am waiting for Electrolux guidelines to solve this reported problem. After this complaint, we started a negotiation and having finished in April, 28. To cut a long history in short, we came to the conclusion of an amount that I should pay, would have to return the broken apparatus, and other requirements. So, note that since April 20 I am without a blender. And also note, the whole problem is due to the failure of the original product, and for lack of spare parts here in Brazil, extend the Electrolux not complying with legal requirements. After long time of waiting, I wrote to Electrolux the following:

"I am contacting ** for several days, waiting for a position of you regarding my case (**), and you are becoming dead. Please speak about my problem. I am long without a blender, and going through terrible problems due to the lack of the appliance. 'It turns out that the negligence is size, that I cannot get a date on which I will receive the products at home. I call ** and they tell me to wait. By email, I respond to wait to be posting the product. NONE OF THE ELECTROLUX wants to tell me when it will end my displeasure of NOT HAVING LIQUIDIFIER AT HOME and go through all the inconveniences that the lack of the product comes to cause.'"

So, after that they contacted me and ask to WAIT. After the deadline of the agreement, still asked to wait another 10 days. I understand that this behavior is not the right one for a serious company. Has anyone cared about my problem during these long almost 30 days? Discovered the problem why did not they strive to solve it in a much shorter time? For this case, I am waiting for answers, because the impressions that remain show that Electrolux is not a very correct company and that it does not care for its customers.

Original review: May 25, 2017

We purchased our home in December of 2016. With the purchase included a new Electrolux $2700.00 side by side refrigerator. Within two days of moving in, the water dispenser stopped working. After 5 visits from a technician and 5 replaced freezer doors, the builder agreed to replace the unit. Electrolux received call after call from our technician regarding the issue and we were told via the technician that Electrolux wanted us to pour warm water through the ice dispenser on a daily basis. If I am correct, the user manual did not indicate that this was required on a daily basis in order for the dispenser to work. I would not recommend the purchase of any Electrolux products; poor quality and poor customer service. BUYER BEWARE.

Original review: May 22, 2017

In January 2016 I purchased an Electrolux electric range, model E130EF4CQSB, serial number AF55000584. In February 2017 while I was cooking dinner one evening, the glass cooktop suddenly shattered. I called Electrolux customer service and was told to email pictures of the damage, which I did. About five minutes later Electrolux called me back to say that their technician had determined that I caused the damage by dropping a heavy object onto the cooktop. I protested that I had done nothing of the kind, but was told the technician's judgment was final and my (five-year) warranty on the cooktop would not be honored. Subsequently I had to pay $570.40 to have the cooktop replaced. I do not believe that Electrolux has a technician standing by at all times to assess broken cooktops. I think the company simply defrauds customers by declaring falsely that customer abuse has occurred.

Original review: May 18, 2017

8th August 2016 I bought a Split AC. After two months, it's was stop automatically, gas leakage. I call to customer care to ask someone to fixed it. But I didn't get any response from them. After making so many calls I got a call from technician. He came my place and said "your output fan is not working." I said please repair it. He said "it takes time, at least 3 days." I said "OK". But after 3days I called him then he was not ready to come. He stolen my AC parts. Then I did FIR for the same. I sent so many email to customer care and consumer forum. They are not ready to fix it. Now I have an AC on a rental basis.

Original review: May 17, 2017

I did a kitchen reno 3 years ago and through lots of contemplation on which manufacturer to purchase our appliance package from, we chose Electrolux. We purchase the "wave" technology fridge and Induction stove. We could not have purchase any higher end of a product from Sears other than the GE Profile package, but they did not release an induction cooktop at the time. WHAT A MISTAKE!!! The stove has had several service calls as one of the burners has no heating intensity. The service people that have been coming out have no clue what they are doing and cannot fix the stove. They basically say it is normal. Still working on that problem to get it rectified.

We also noticed our laminate floor was swelling a few weeks ago and after investigating the possible cause, I pulled out the fridge and sure enough the floor was all damaged and stained with rust. I had Sears service come to investigate and the end result is it cannot be repaired as it has a "manufacturing defect". Seems that Electrolux just happened to not design the fridge with any insulation at the back of the fridge. WOW! I purchased the Extended warranty from Sears due to the cost of these "High End" appliance and the high cost to purchase.

Well that fell flat on support. Sears has offered a credit of $1170.00 toward a purchase of a new replacement fridge as my compensation for the NO Lemon policy on the warranty. Not happy with this result, I contacted Electrolux customer service and asked to speak with a Manager. I was bluntly told that there was no further person to talk to and that Electrolux does not care about any issues after the initial year is over and it will be impossible to expect any input or assistance to replace the fridge that was improperly designed and built! Unbelievable... I am now going to be financially burdened with a $3000 plus cost out of pocket!! What a kick in the teeth after thinking if I purchased "High End" (JOKE) product, it would pay off.

It is looking like I will have to replace my fridge and will now have mismatched appliances in my kitchen, especially since it will not be an Electrolux product. That would be a cold day in Hell!!! I cannot believe what Electrolux is pulling off here. I would be willing to start a class action lawsuit if we could group enough people together to fight this company for selling Improperly manufactured product and not owning up to it.

Original review: May 15, 2017

Cheap material and poor technical support. I had 2 refrigerators replaced and 5 repairs on the 2nd one, all within 6 months!! Waiting on delivery of the 3rd replacement refrigerator! Very poor customer service, do not think about convenience of consumer. All the repairs and replacements done only during work hours with no specific time range! So to take a full day off from work for every visit was extremely difficult.

Updated on 05/16/2017: I previously told that Electrolux is trying to replace my refrigerator for the 2nd time within 6 months, to add to that situation, the 3rd refrigerator that was delivered today also had damage on its external body - as shown by the delivery person himself after opening the package in front of me. Now wasting another day of my work time, for them to deliver again another refrigerator, FYI THIS WILL BE MY 4TH REFRIGERATOR THAT ARRIVED AT MY DOOR! I really need some help here!!

Original review: May 13, 2017

Cleaning issues with my Electrolux Icon dishwasher go back to just a few months after we purchased our home in June, 2015. There have been drainage problems and leakage problems, but the most consistent problem has been the fact that the top rack does not clean. Three authorized Electrolux licensed companies have worked on the dishwasher. Every part on the dishwasher has been replaced. I've purchased countless cleaning products recommended by the technicians and the problem has not been solved. The top quarter of the dishwasher does not rinse clean and there is always food standing in the bottom of the machine (causing a terrible odor - one technician told me to rinse and wipe by hand - I have never had to do that before).

I have requested a copy of my service record but was told that it was not available to me but that the technicians have all the information. The wrong part has been ordered twice (or just the wrong one sent... no one is quite sure) which means I have been confined to my have home twice in the past two weeks with no work done on the machine. Last month a technician said he just didn't know what else could be done, but when I told Customer Service this they said the technician hadn't put this in writing. Apparently there is a procedure that must be followed to get a replacement review for a product that cannot be fixed and it must be initiated by a technician. All this is in the notes that the CS reps says he is adding to my file, but I have very little faith in that. I get a different person each service call and they always want to try one more thing!

I did purchase an extended service contract last year so I am not out any money at this time (although I paid over $400 after the warranty was up and my builder paid about the same), but I have devoted a tremendous amount of time and energy trying to get this fixed. My contract is up in July and I told Customer Service that I fully expected this to be resolved before then and not dragged out so that my contract expires before it is settled. I have four boxes of unusable parts being stored at my house. Electrolux could have bought me two new dishwashers for the amount of parts and labor that have been wasted on this machine. I have tried to be patient with this situation, but I have been tested to the limits and want some results.

Original review: May 8, 2017

We bought this refrigerator (Model FGHT1846QF4) to replace a similar model we had before. The fridge is very noisy, much more than the previous one. The overall quality is poor, very light refrigerator that moves easily when opening the door. The customer service people were very nice but the manager was not sensitive to our complain. I do not recommend this product. I was very disappointed with both the product and the company.

Original review: May 5, 2017

My wife and I purchased a Condo in Sept. 2016, as part of the sale the previous owner renovated the kitchen including all appliances. We filled out the warranty cards and sent them in. In April 2017 the microwave developed a problem, The service tech that Electrolux sent out (dispatcher with service company had very bad attitude) claimed it needs a new board. Now I'm told the appliance was made in 2012 and parts are no longer available (although their rep is still trying to sell me an extended warranty). Although recently installed and warranty filed Electrolux say they can't repair and refuse to replace the unit. I am upset that the units were even sold and installed with that age on them but now the warranty isn't honored... They say the customer is their priority but not from my point of view. Will never buy or recommend an Electrolux or Frigidaire product again.

Original review: May 2, 2017

Electrolux Gas Cooktop EW30GC55GS1 - Purchased in 2009. We found out quickly that the knobs which were very close to the burners were made out of plastic with a foil, plastic coating to make them appear as though they were stainless steel (or even aluminum!). We found out quickly that the heat from the cooktop was deforming the 'covering', and at this time in 2017 many of the knobs have 'melted' and deformed. I see that you can order SS knobs to fit the unit, but I feel it is unacceptable that Electrolux knowing put dangerously poorly quality control knobs on a gas cooktop that would melt and deform. Replacement plastic knobs are an atrocious $55 CDN ea, and SS ones are close to $70 ea. Electrolux should offer at N/C or a shipping charge only, replacement SS knobs that will stand up to proper use of such an appliance.

Electrolux Company Information

1910
Peoria
IL
www.electroluxappliances.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use