1.04/5
Based on 72 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

652 Electrolux Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

BUYER BEWARE!!! When my boyfriend and I bought our house, we purchased an Electrolux washer and dryer set. Since we purchased them, the washer has leaked into the drawer randomly and the dryer has burned our clothes multiple times. They have replaced the back grate 3 times already and it keeps turning black and burning our clothes. Now it’s been fixed since yesterday and the grate is black again. Upon further research, I’ve found multiple people with the same complaint. Please do not buy anything from Electrolux. Their products suck. Their service sucks. Their accountability sucks. I want a new friggin dryer!!!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

We purchased a new washer and dryer and was promised a $200 rebate from Electrolux. The products were purchase late October of 2017 and were delivered early Nov. 2017. We filed for the rebate online as it was supposed to be a “lot quicker”. Several days later, on November 21, we received an email stating that our request was received and that it would take approximately 7 business days to review the claim. The email lists a link to check on the status of the claim. However when you go to the website it is a non-secure website and we get a warning that it is not recommended to open the link. On Dec. 20th we received an email that said the prepaid Citibank MasterCard for $200 was mailed to us and we should receive it within 3 weeks. (Not sure what planet it was mailed from that takes 3 weeks).

The email stated a number to call if we did not receive within the 3 weeks. As of today, 1/15/2018 we have not received the rebate card so my wife, called that number. She was told it was processed on the 11th. When questioned about that he said it was “requested by Electrolux on Jan. 11th. When questioned further he said we should receive it by the 25th of this month. "However if we do not have it by then call back". It is rather obvious that the scam is to not mail the rebate unless the customer complains that they have not received it in the hope that the customer will forget about it. Also obvious is that we are not going to forget about it so hopefully it will actually be sent soon. Of course if and when we get the rebate it is prepaid credit card which I am sure they hope we will lose and not use. We will probably never purchase anything from this company again as they are not trustworthy and we are not comfortable with their sales tactics.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

In January, 2017 we purchased the top of the line Electrolux Washer and Gas Dryer. Shortly after the washing machine was installed, water started to leak from under the unit. It flooded our laundry room. A week later a "tech" showed up and diagnosed that a pump was installed incorrectly at the factory. Two weeks later it was replaced. Guess what? It continued to leak. This time I asked for a different tech to come out to ensure he knew what he was doing. He determined it was a different pump that was cracked so another part had to be ordered. By this time I was so upset that I demanded a new machine.

After much negotiation, Electrolux agreed to replace the washer. Now last week, our dryer stopped working. We started to notice about a month ago that it was taking longer to dry clothes. Finally on Jan. 5th exactly one year from when we took delivery, the machine stopped working. I called Electrolux Jan. 8th and they said the one year warranty is up so I have to pay for a service call. The customer service at this company is terrible and they forget who is paying their salaries. I will never buy another Electrolux appliance and I urge others to avoid them like the plague!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

I purchased my new Electrolux slide in range with the three year warranty including thermal breakage of the glass top. I had the range for just over a month and was simmering vegetables when the glass made a "pop" & then a "crackle" sound. The glass had shattered into flakes and then cracked. Customer service asked me to send pictures which I did. They immediately blamed me and said that I must have dropped something on it. Three months later and after being runaround they now claim that my pot was dirty and stuck to the glass so is not covered by the warranty.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

I have a high end Electrolux refrigerator that is only 5 years old. The ice maker rusted through the back of the refrigerator and a softball size lump of ice was sticking out of the rusted area. The repairman stated the refrigerator was not repairable, he notified Electrolux and stated Electrolux would make good on it. Electrolux offered a 20% rebate on my next Electrolux refrigerator purchase because of the age of my refrigerator. My refrigerator is 5 years old. A refrigerator life expectancy is 14-17 years, making the average 15.5 years. My refrigerator lasted less than 1/3 of the average expectancy and I expected Electrolux to give me 2/3 off my next purchase.

They stated my refrigerator was past warranty. Well Electrolux, this was a KNOWN manufacturer’s defect and you allowed the warranty to expire without informing your consumers. I bought Electrolux because I believed you to be upfront and honest and to stand behind your product and most of all to do the right thing. I couldn't be more wrong. I will never buy from you again and that includes your Frigidaire brand and I will be sure to let everyone I know and even strangers that you do NOT stand behind your product and are deceptive by not disclosing manufacturer defects to consumers at every opportunity.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Electrolux?

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

I was assisting my sister who had an Electrolux refrigerator that was leaking water at the bottom, in the front. After following the common troubleshooting for this kind of problem, I found that the drain trough was clogged with ice, preventing water from going through the drain tube into the drain pan. To get to the drain trough, I had to take most of the freezer apart-removing the ice maker, removing the housing containing the auger motor and dispenser solenoid, and removing two long metal covers held together by several screws.

Whoever designed this flunked out of engineering school. Just to get to the light bulb, you have to remove the ice maker and the housing with the auger motor. What happened to just placing the light bulb socket on the ceiling, as is done with other refrigerator models? I'm fairly handy with mechanical work, I've built my own computers. This model is set up to make the average user have to call a service tech for the simplest repairs. Stay away from Electrolux, the design is just terrible.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

I purchased a Electrolux washer and dryer in the fall of 2015 and it has broken 4-5 times. Each time it takes 2-3 weeks for repair. This August they replaced the drum, a plastic piece that goes around the drum and the bearings. Five months later the plastic piece has started leaking a lot. So I have been out of a washer for 2 weeks now... never have I had a washer break so much... I bought it because this was suppose to be the best. Boy were they wrong!

Updated on 1/15/2018: I recently wrote a review on my Electrolux washer. It was leaking water and the service person came out and said a plastic piece that wraps around the drum had cracked and they had to replace the drum, bearings and the plastic piece all had just been replaced 5 months before. It took 2 months for them to replace them 5 months ago. For 2 months I was without a washer. They replaced the part Jan 4th. The drum and plastic piece were covered in rust which is why my clothes were getting rust on them. Well 8 days later the washer will not drain. This is the fifth time since I bought the washer 2 1/2 years ago that it has broke. The insurance company says the same Part has to break 5 times before they replace it. This is the 2 or 3rd time the pump has broke. For a high-end washer this washer has been nothing but broke.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

Terrible customer service, I purchased double electrical range on April 22 2017, for almost 2,00.00, and my issues started. In beginning of September I notice that cooktop of range is starting melt, I called Electrolux, I was asked to send them a pictures, on September 24, 2017 so I did, once get a message that their side is not working, then second time, third time, all the same their site did not worked. Ok something wrong with email or their site. So on October 4, 2017 I decided to sent a pictures again, the same story try few times, the same reply site is not working. I contacted the local technician as per Frigidaire representative advise. Technician came in, made a picture and assure me within few days that he sent it to Frigidaire. Nothing happening. On October 24 again spoke to Frigidaire representative Quintavia and again sent the pictures, as she said that nothing is on my file. Nothing happening.

Again on November 22 I spoke to Mona and again I heard that nothing is on my file, so again I resend the pictures, this time Mona called me back and confirm that she received the pictures and finally I got a case number. I was informed that the technician will have all the information from now. I spoke to technician and he told me that the new cooktop has been order and he is just waiting for its exchange, this was November 26, 2017. On December 5, technician has been still waiting for the part, on December 28 I called the Frigidaire with question when I can expect the repair to happened, and surprise I heard that nothing has been approved or ordered, and the Corporate supervisor told me that nothing can be done until January 3 2018. No apologies, no explanation, they did all properly and it seems to be my fault that I bought that range and that it is faulty.

This is the worst customer service in my long life. It cost me two thousand and hours on the phone, a lot of stress. Frigidaire products are going down with quality, I am not sure, as I have a old fridge and this is one of the best, but for sure their customer service is the worst that happened to me, no one care, I felt like I was intrusion for staff and how dare I complain. If you can avoid please save yourself a lot of stress and time, spend a money with different company and have a less stress.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

The most money I have ever spent the biggest regret ever. I bought my mom her first side by side and bottom freezer. I thought I was gonna buy something that was gonna make everyone’s experience owning it a good one and it has been a nightmare! Always breaking spoiled food and it locks itself can't use water or ice when it locks. Ice maker has broken too many times. I hate this product will never buy another of this name brand not ever.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I bought a new Electrolux washer and dryer from Home Depot online in November of 2017. The dryer has not worked correctly since it was installed. After contacting Electrolux, they sent a repairman out twice to fix the problem with no resolution. The second time, after taking the dryer completely apart and replacing the motherboard and wiring harness, the dryer won't even run. Electrolux will not replace the dryer and wants more repairs done before even considering a replacement. I bought a new dryer and now it's a used dryer!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

This double wall oven (EI27EW45JS) has many problems and does not work properly. Temperature controls are out of sink. Overheating in upper stove with discoloration of finish, lower oven is not getting the required heat. Bread proof is not holding temp at 100 degrees and overheats. No help from manufacturer after more than 1 hour on the phone talking to 5 different people.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Horrible... My wife and I purchased a brand new Electrolux front load washer Dec. 2016 and just shy of a year the main bearing has failed! We are not heavy users of wash. We had a Kenmore Elite H4 for 13 years with no issues, until the main board died! We purchased based on reviews etc. and now regretting not going with another brand. Electrolux used to have a solid rep but now I will never recommend or purchase an appliance from them again.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I would avoid buying Electrolux refrigerators. They are overpriced and under engineered. My ice maker has never worked since day 1 causing a class action lawsuit against Electrolux. Poor quality caused the display to fail and one of the compressors to fail. This should not happen on a $5000 refrigerator.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

Electrolux is the worst appliances I have ever owned. Do not buy these appliances. The refrigerator had a recall and because we did not know about it we did not act on the issue. 18 months later the ice maker went bad on our refrigerator and they said they could not honor the claim. We have spent about $500 for the repairs on this refrigerator and it is only 3 years old. Bad quality, bad service. Nothing good about Electrolux.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

We have been in our home for two years and both the Electrolux microwave and dishwasher don’t work. The dishwasher was only used a few times. I would never recommend these products. The repairman came out which we had to pay and he said these products are cheaply made. It’s unbelievable that we have two products only 2 years old and they are trash!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

Where to begin. We purchased all of our Electrolux appliances when we built our new home. Fridge, stove, dishwasher, microwave, washer and dryer. All Electrolux. We have had the induction stove in the past and loved it, so decided we would buy the same brand for all of our appliances. In the first few months of owning them we had problems with everything. The fridge ice maker gets clogged and leaks water. The microwave light stopped working and was replaced just barely under warranty. The new microwave control panel no longer lights up, therefore we cannot see what we are doing. It is now out of warranty and is apparently our problem.

The dishwasher. Wow, what a disaster. It’s quiet and that’s about the only good thing going for it. It leaves the dishes wet no matter what cycle we put it on. We have replaced the control panel not once but twice under warranty and the one side still doesn’t work unless we bang really hard on it. It is now also out of warranty and they will not fix it. The washing machine detergent drawer doesn’t drain properly and always has water in it. The dryer is ok but the rubber gasket comes out all the time.

We spent over $10,000 on our appliances. Appliances that are supposed to be “high end” but quite frankly, this company not only makes junk, they could care less about customer satisfaction or service. Being a business owner myself, I find this deplorable. I will never buy from Electrolux again and not even 3 years in to owning our appliances, we will be replacing both the dishwasher and the microwave as neither function to get their respective jobs done. Very disappointed. Save your money and buy another brand!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

We are their customers in Thailand. They have very poor standard of customer service. Repairperson went to our place on Aug 1st and told us to wait for spare parts about 2-3 weeks. Nobody contact us back after that day. We contacted them several times during 3 months and never get information on expected arrival date of spare parts.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Induction oven has been broken more than it has worked. They have a terrible repair company come out to fix it. I have to wait for a different part to come in each time and the part never works so I have to go through it over and over again. Didn’t have a stove for two months. They finally get it working then it blows again. Still will not replace. Will never deal with Electrolux again.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

After buying a Sears top mount refrigerator several years ago, which was made by Electrolux, we had a service technician confirm that we are missing the connecting drain tube that would have routed the dripping defrost water from the freezer to the drain pan. Because the leaking only occurred sporadically, when the freezer was defrosting, it took us awhile to figure out the problem. The insurance company for Electrolux, (Sedgewick), wouldn't look at our claim, however, unless it was verified by a Sears service tech at a cost of $96.00. We are measuring 1-4 oz. of water daily that we are forced to collect in a cup, and empty daily, to avoid any further damage to our cabinets and baseboards. The replacement part is approximately $50.00 with at least 4x that amount in additional labor to attach it.

This is unacceptable; that part should have already been attached when we bought the refrigerator. We are already out $96.00 for the service call that accomplished nothing. I specifically indicated to the repair center the part that we needed and this information was never passed on to the service tech. When we documented our complaints to Electrolux, a very unhelpful, and unfriendly Claims Representative made it clear that there was nothing they would do for us. We understood that because of the age of the refrigerator they wouldn't replace it, or pay to repair our damaged baseboards, but we had hoped they would at least reimburse the service call. Rather than spend any more money on this refrigerator we are going to replace it and never buy another Electrolux product.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I have a Electrolux 27 cf model# 127BS26JS refrigerator. The ice maker has to be one of the biggest pieces of junk ever sold to the American public. I have had the whole refrigerator replaced once. The ice maker at least three times after paying $1,000.00 in extended warranties. It sounds like a dump truck stuck in the mud when it freezes up the motor in the ice maker.

The only solution to the noise is to use a hairdryer in the ice maker to thaw out whatever freezes up in it, only have to do this 5 or 6 times a day. This must be done because it is so loud it will put you in a rubber room if you don't give it the hairdryer treatment. Whoever designed this ice maker should be put in a room with one of them for about 24 hours. Then they could check his sanity when he is let out. My view of this refrigerator is a waste of over $2,500.00. It lasted six months before it went bad. I will never buy another Electrolux appliance. I would not give this product one star!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

Do not buy Electrolux period. The worst quality of materials used and shared as like they are the best. Less than two years the microwave doesn't work, refrigerator has all plastic from doors is getting powders out. When called for help was denied every time. Please buy perhaps the cheapest brand possible but never never buy Electrolux. They should be ashamed and I do they do manufacture with better materials but again I will never recommend or buys such a ** brand.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

French door refrigerator - This has been the worst appliance ever created. We purchased in the late Fall of 2011. Very soon the plastic grey trim popped off the freezer door for no reason. Just two adults live here so no wear and tear. Not happy about it but taped it on until finally giving up on tape holding. Customer service's response was lame and we were not willing to pay for their ridiculous "fix" so I would have to live with this aesthetic. Then we began having issue after issue with the ice maker. Grinding noise, not making ice or it all freezing together -- on and on and it never got fixed. Repairman has been out 3 times in past 2 months. He was back yesterday and we pulled the fridge from the wall and we were horrified. The back had a big block of ice protruding. It had sweated and rusted out the entire back panel. The insulation was shot. This is nothing more than a boat anchor now.

We paid a lot of $ for an appliance that didn't even last 6 years and we've hated it since about a month after purchasing. We have lawyers in the family and we're planning on initiating a class action suit. I would use an "Igloo" cooler before I would ever consider an Electrolux refrigerator or anything! They don't stand by their product and they shouldn't be allowed to get away with these continued issues. The fridge should be banned from further production and the company should close its door if they cannot remediate the problems and compensate customers for these losses. We now have to buy a new fridge after spending approx $4000 less than 6 years ago.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

The Electrolux double ovens were very expensive and have been nothing but problems... erratic temperatures and locked racks first. I have had over 6 service calls in less than 18 months of ownership. Now the floor of the oven is chipping off in a circle with what looks like glass shards. I am afraid to use this over for fear of getting shards in our food. SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I bought a upright freezer and been paying warranty on this for 15 years. I call in Aug. to have it fix. I haven't gotten any result yet and October. I ask for a buyout. I was turn down. I need help. All I get is lot parts been sent to my home and still does not work. Please stay away from this company, they don't try to help at all.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

Six months after my purchase of a washer/dryer from Electrolux (front load washer EFLW417SIW0), we began to have to run anywhere from 3-7 extra rinse cycles to get the soap left in the clothes to an acceptable level. Today, turning on the machine, with no clothes and no soap, the water begins to fill with suds in less than five minutes. We wash towels without adding soap. Electrolux customer service was contacted in July 2017, and the endless cavalcade of "repair men" started coming to my house.

The first repair person indicated that I needed to run loads of vinegar and bleach (alternating) to reduce internal soap buildup in the machine. We ran in excess of 30 loads and still had soap appearing from nowhere. Called Electrolux customer service and the second repair person says the same thing. So we continue. Now, in excess of 70 loads of "cleaner" (alternating bleach and vinegar) and a $128 water bill, I still have soap in my machine.

Called Electrolux and escalated to a supervisor. Supervisor insisted on sending out another repair person and that I should ask them to call the Electrolux factory technician help line while he is at my house for further instruction. I made their request, the repair person refused to call. I escalated to the next level of management and another repair person was ordered. During this ordeal, I was told by at least three people at Electrolux that my machine needed to be replaced. Each time I was told this, the representative put me on hold and came back and said that they would have to have another technician come out to the house. I agreed each time and did exactly as I was asked to do.

Keep in mind, at no time did any of the technicians that came to my house ever open the machine and look inside to see if there was a problem. They witnessed the soap, took pictures, and told me to clean the machine. We are now in excess of 100 washer loads of cleaning solution with both bleach and vinegar and Affresh, and still have soap in the

Each time we had someone come out, I reiterated that this is not our first "HE" machine and that the only soap we use is "HE" detergent, using MUCH less than the minimum amount of soap. Due to skin allergies, we use fragrance free and allergen free soap, and 1-2 tablespoons per load. When items are not very dirty, we use no soap, as there is enough latent soap in the machine to wash the clothes. The machine has never failed diagnostics and has never exhibited an error code, even when the machine was completely filled with suds all the way to the top during cleaning cycles.

After visit number FIVE from another technician, I re-escalated to a second level supervisor. I was told there is nothing wrong with my machine and there was nothing more that could be done. So, after five technicians, each of which acknowledged there was obviously a problem, I still have no resolution. The final technician that showed up said that this is most likely due to soap build-up between the drums inside the machine. He indicated that the repair cost could approach the cost of the machine as these machines are not built to be serviceable. He estimated the costs at one $600 to remove the drums, clean them, and put things back together. The machine was purchased for $900. And he said that Electrolux would not approve the work to be done.

On top of that, Electrolux only pays the technician if a problem is found and repaired. The first technician indicated that he changed the main drive belt in order to make some money for the trip. The belt was never changed as the machine was never opened. I did let Electrolux know this and they asked if I would rather have another company come out. My guess is that they spent about $100 on five visits to my house that will be written off as warranty expense.

When I asked the second level supervisor, Bracey, if I should just have to live with rinsing my clothes an extra 3-7 times, he said, and I quote, "...that is up to you...". Electrolux is indicating that I do not have a problem and there is nothing further they can do. I have filed a complaint with the Georgia Department of Consumer Protection and will escalate the issue at Electrolux (don't forget this is really Frigidaire) to the highest level. I do not expect to receive any further support and will have to replace my machine at my own expense. STAY AWAY.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I Bought my Electrolux Washer and Dryer in 2010, but have an Extended Service Warranty. So for a long time I've noticed black mold building up under and around Draw where you place bleach and liquid soap, but I would take out and clean and dry off. When stated by the machine I would remove detergent cup, put one Cup of Bleach and run CLEAN CYCLE. This is done to remove and clean any mold that might build up I'm guessing. But this is not occurring. Smell still came out of machine and I would leave door open and run cleaning cycle more often and also wipe down door and inside of machine of any liquid along with soap dispenser drawer.

My great Nieces have been getting sick chest, throat, and nose during the spring and summer months. Then my Son and I got bad rashes which needed medical attention. So I looked at the machine trying to figure out if that was the cause of Rashes and how to get rid of this smell. I got a flash light and looked into the OPENING where the Detergent Draw goes into and far back I see black build up way back on all sides except bottom.

This is NOT NORMAL... I contacted Electrolux to inform them to see. Maybe there is something they are doing or have done or recall to correct these issues but... all they tell me is to reference in manual and wipe down a wet areas which I do detergent drawers, I even go as far as drying washing area door, drum and rubber molding inside which makes door waterproof. I hope they read this and come up with a better solution then wipe down drawers, the area I'm talking about can't be reached to wipe down. I have posted a picture here. RUNNING the CLEANING CYCLE DOES nothing to help this situation and needs to be corrected.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

This is the first time I have ever written on of these reviews, but I just had to because I can honestly say that dealing with Electrolux has been the worst customer service experience I have ever had. And I'm still dealing with them. Some background. About 15 months ago I bought a fridge and freezer set from them. They are fairly high end, stainless steel all fridge and all freezer set. Model numbers are # E32AR85PQS and # E32AF85PQS.

I am amazed at the number of issues we have had with this fridge in such a short time. The handle is permanently loose, the seal is subpar, but those two issues are minor. After we had owned it for about six months, it started leaking water. We would wake up in the morning and there would be a pool of water in front of the fridge. I called the store where I bought the appliances, and they directed me to call Electrolux.

After about a half dozen calls and no real concrete answers they finally gave me the name of two Authorized service providers in my area and told me to call them. I did - 1 was out of service and one wasn't taking appointments for a couple of weeks. We waited the couple of weeks while the leaking continued to ruin our hardwood floor. When the repairman showed up, he called Electrolux and they told him this was an issue they were aware of and they sent him a part to fix it. So this was an issue they were aware of, but they didn't bother to reach out to people that bought the fridge. No compensation for my ruined floor was offered.

Jump ahead to about 3 weeks ago and our fridge is no longer cooling. The coldest it is getting is about 15 degrees Celsius (but it is usually warmer). I call Electrolux again and the first agent I spoke to says that I have to deal with it myself as it is past the 1 year warranty period. She asks if there is anything else she can help with and hangs up. Then I call back and get a different agent and I explain all of the issues I have previously had and she offers a part authorization, which means I have to pay for the servicing but not the parts.

I do a little more digging into my receipts and manual and see that there is a 5 year warranty on the cooling system (which is obviously where the problem is). I call them back and ask for a supervisor and explain this and then she says yes, they will cover the service cost and parts. I am not particularly happy that I was the one that had to bring this up. Had I not, I would have been on the hook for a new fridge. So, she gives me two services providers to try calling to set up an appointment. The first is the one I'd told them last time was out of business and the second one doesn't have an appointment until September (It is August 12th at this time). And this is only to come look at the fridge. I figure by the time it gets replaced or fixed I will have been without a working fridge for at least a month and a half in the summer (I have young kids, lots of milk and yogurt going bad).

While this is all going on, I have someone else look at the fridge. He is an appliance repairman but not one of their authorized dealers. He tells me what he thinks is going on (compressor issue or worse) and I relay that to Electrolux. They actually call him to confirm this, but then tell me that his opinion does not matter as he is not an Authorized servicer.

There are other repair companies that are nearby that would be able to come take a look at the fridge in the next few days, but Electrolux won't allow this because they aren't Authorized. There are other Authorized repair companies that are further away that could come in the next few days, but Electrolux won't allow this. The would rather have us be without a fridge for at least a month. With all of the issues we have had with the fridge, I would assume they would try to be accommodating, but they are not, even in the slightest. So now I wait for 3 weeks for someone to even come take a look. Poor product, worse customer service. I would never purchase another Electrolux appliance and I would suggest others stay away.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

We purchased an Electrolux dishwasher model EI241D50QS in March 2015. The main board and the pressure switch went in Nov 2016 of course after warranty. Luckily the manufacturer agreed to pay for at least the parts for replacement. Fast forward now to Aug 2017 again the main board looks to be broken in less than a year. Called customer service and asked what they can do to help me as this dishwasher is only 2 years old and should not be broken down for second time and this part is less than a year old. Only response was, “Sorry nothing we can do.”

So basically the 1k dishwasher I paid for 2 years ago is junk as the part and about to repair is almost the same cost, what a joke that they cannot stand by their product and give terrible customer service saying, “Oh well nothing we can do. You're on your own.” I will NEVER BUY ANOTHER APPLIANCE FROM ELECTROLUX OR FRIGIDAIRE EVER AGAIN AND WARN OTHERS ABOUT THEIR PRODUCT.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

Based on positive reviews across the web, bought Electrolux EFLS617 washer and matching dryer. Empty Nest household - Washer quit after 6 weeks. Warranty service into 3rd week wait. Local Service provider stated failed part is recall, and tells us min 2 weeks. I call 2 weeks later, part ordered through distributor and is on back order with no eta available. Called Electrolux for help to on recalled part; Electrolux rep stated part is not recall and would not assist in tracking part down.

Asked to speak to customer satisfaction dept; rep stated "This is Electrolux customer satisfaction" and said no more. It appears Electrolux reps are trained robots assigned to only check failed appliance is registered under your name. This rep deflected all my questions to local service provider. No help, no empathy, no apology for failure or inconvenience. Attitude not helpful - I suspect that failure is their "normal." And I’m stuck without a washer. Sorry I bought this washer.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

We purchased numerous fridges of this type from Electrolux back in 2014. We are a builder, so we kept all the fridges completely sealed and in secured storage. We have had issues with every single fridge from Electrolux so far to date. The most recent was the brand new fridge we moved into a brand new home. We plugged the fridge in, and immediately there was an obvious smell of smoke. Concerned, we unplugged the fridge. Our electrician had a look at the plug and it was working fine. We called Electrolux, and they told us the issue is probably the plug. We would need to get a report from a certified electrician to prove that there are no issues with any of the plugs or circuits in the home.

We had a third party certified electrician come out, take a look and provide a report. We called Electrolux back, and they said an electrician report wouldn't count. They also somehow did not have the last call on file. They said we would instead need to get a certified Frigidaire technician to come out and look at the fridge. They gave us two possible companies in our area we could use.

We hired one of the two provided companies to come and take a look at the fridge. They did, and said that it was clear the main computer blew up as soon as the fridge was plugged in. It also appeared one of the secondary computers was fried. They made a report, and attempted to send it to Electrolux internally. Electrolux refused to accept it.

We called Electrolux yet again, saying we have a report from a certified Frigidaire technician, and could we please have an email to forward the report to. Electrolux said that never happens and only certified technicians can send reports. I told Electrolux that they themselves had already refused to receive the report internally. The call person refused to provide any email and told me to call the certified technician and tell them to send again.

We updated the certified technician, who said they would try again. They were again refused, and had to try and send the report through Electrolux's "Contact Us" form on their website. We then had to wait nearly 2 weeks before Electrolux called back, just to say nothing is covered and it isn't their problem. To replace the computers is very expensive, and with the other issues we have had with the other fridges, we had to just buy an entirely new fridge (not from Electrolux). Normally I give the benefit of the doubt over and over, but this is by far the worst service and quality I have seen - especially considering the level of luxury Electrolux is supposed to have. We will not be using Electrolux again and we will be recommending against it to any clients in the future. Thank you.

Electrolux Company Information