Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.57/5

Culligan Reviews

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

We have a large office fish tank that requires regular water changes. The tap water in this area is terrible and chemical treatments cannot remove all the toxins that harm sensitive and expensive fish. The fish love Culligan water!!! I know this because they have not died yet. When you consider that these fish cost over $100.00 each, Culligan water becomes a big bargain. The patients love the fish and are sad if one dies. We drink some of the water too. Delivery is on time and on target. Can't ask for better than that!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

Happily using Culligan Ann Arbor/Detroit for 25 yrs. We have a lot of iron in our water. Current system is over 20 yrs old and out of warranty. I thought it was time for a new system. So Culligan had Karen ** pay a visit. Karen is what makes Culligan A2 so great. She is the most knowledgeable person when it comes to filtering systems. From the start you could tell she loved her job and was committed to providing the best system for our home. I learned so much. After all the testing and inspection she said that the current system is working great and that a new system was not warranted at this time. She knew from the beginning I was ready to replace the system. It would have been an easy sell. Honesty in sales? How refreshing. She made a couple of recommendations for us to change in our annual maintenance but a new system was not needed. This is why Culligan A2 is great and why I am a Culligan lifer.

Get expert buying tips about Water Treatment Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

We love our Culligan cooler and having access to clean and pure water for our family. The price is so reasonable and the convenience of having the water bottles delivered and the empty bottles picked up every month is amazing! We love that it also cuts down on our carbon footprint because we now have no need for the little plastic water bottles. We cannot say enough good things about our Culligan service and the customer service is top notch! We wish we had used Culligan's services sooner!

Original review: June 26, 2019

June 21, 2019 Mike our salesperson sold us our Culligan whole Home Water Softener. Mike was very knowledgeable and informative. The unit was installed on June 24, 2019. The installers were very polite and made sure we were happy with the location of all equipment before it was installed. After the R.O. System was installed the installer tested and made sure we had good water pressure. We notice the difference in the water.

Original review: May 24, 2019

We did a side by side comparison of Culligan Water from our neighbors home and my water from Pelican, the no salt system. Our water started at 15 gpg hard and 236 TDS as was our neighbors. My neighbor with Culligan has zero hard and 8 TDS. My Pelican has 14 hard and 230 TDS. I need to get a Culligan so don’t make the mistake I did for his Pelican was a great story but it was all fiction; it’s not a softener. It’s a scam.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Culligan?

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

Very unhappy with the equipment. I was sold on (by the salesman) to purchase the softener instead of renting. What a mistake. There have been several issues with the equipment in a short period of time. Each time I request service, I receive an invoice that shocks me to say the least. Warranty? LOLOL. Do not make the mistake of choosing Culligan. If you must, definitely lease and do not buy the equipment.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

Service technician went above and beyond to help make sure the system was working properly, helped adjust our well pump and manually pumped out the holding tank for the system to work properly. Friendly and helpful.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

On October 3 contacted local (Hot Springs, SD) Culligan dealer regarding softener repair. I had no water pressure and bypassed system to restore pressure. System is four years old, as I replaced system that was over thirty years old. After two months of no response, I contacted corporate customer service (Scott) on Dec. 6. On Dec. 12, I talked to him AGAIN! He indicated dealer was talked to on Dec. 11 and would be responding within a week. As of today, Dec. 26 this has not happened. Soon it will be three months without a response! I have been a customer of Culligan for over forty years including my residency in Rapid City. Never have I ever had such an slow response from any business!

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

A Culligan customer for over 20 years. After 10 years the product has at least one issue every year. The problem is the service is inconsistent depending on what tech you get. I have a service contract, pay a monthly fee and the price is reasonable. The issue is customer service is erratic. Scheduling could be more than 2 weeks out. Sometimes it takes repeated service visits to fix the problem. I question if issues are related to the monthly service fee I was given 20 years ago. My issues are with the Ramsey Minnesota location. Looking at buying a new system Kinetico ?

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

Always courteous for delivery & assistance. I have been ordering from Culligan for over 12 years now and have received superior service with dedication & care each visit! Always helpful, the drivers will bring the bottles in to the storage area as well. :-)

Not sure about Culligan?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right Water Treatment Systems for you.

Culligan expert review by Greg Chick

Culligan got its start in 1936 and is now the leader in home water delivery as well as in-home, commercial and industrial water filtration and treatment services. It is different than most water delivery services because it doesn’t make or bottle the water it delivers; instead, Culligan specializes in water treatment systems and softeners. Water delivery services from Culligan start at $9.99 per month.

• Flexible schedules: You can set up a customized delivery schedule and arrange for supplemental deliveries if you need more water during specific months. You can also pause deliveries if you are on vacation.

• Types of water: You can choose from several types of bottled water including water treated by reverse osmosis and filtered, distilled, spring and mineral water.

• Coolers: Culligan requires you to buy or rent a Culligan cooler to use with your water jugs rather than using your own, but the cost of rental is included in the subscription plan. They will bring your cooler and install it when your plan begins.

• Culligan Man: Culligan assigns an account representative called a Culligan Man to every customer. He or she will help you select the plan that fits your needs and help arrange a convenient delivery schedule.

• 30-day guarantee: If you’re unsatisfied with your Culligan product or service within 30 days of your purchase, they’ll pick up the product and refund your money.

• Specialty testing: The company is equipped for specialty water testing, which may be needed should a customer have access to a well or non-municipal water source.

• Best for: Homeowners with hard water, homeowners near a compromised water supply, developers or managers managing large commercial properties and rural customers using well water.

by Greg Chick Water Treatment Systems Contributing Editor

Greg Chick has worked as an entrepreneur for over 40 years with a background in plumbing, irrigation, pools and water heating. He is a member of Green Plumbers USA, International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials and American Society of Plumbing Engineers. Greg works to educate residential consumers about quality plumbing products.

Culligan Company Information