3.7/5 (257 ratings)

About Culligan

Culligan Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Culligan?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Culligan?

Original review: May 17, 2022

I have well water that is bad, their system fixes it all. Been using for 25 years. They come quickly in emergencies. They deliver supplies. They are very friendly. Would recommend them to everyone that want safe water. I have softner, sediment filter, chlorine tablet charcoal filter. And UV light. Before Culligan water was dirty, muddy looking. Smelled and turned my bathroom fixtures orange. Now it's sparkling..change filters every 3 month if large family every 2 months. When it rains like it does in May then I have to change the sediment one. My area is bad. It's a must to have the system. Worth every penny. Thankful to have them.

Original review: May 17, 2022

First of all, the customer service was great from representative to delivery. The water dispensing equipment fits our everyday needs and while we're a little short on the water request side (our fault), we are definitely still saving money. If I were to pick a small con, the delivery schedule was a little past our expectations (we had no drinking water). They were still able to come a day earlier than expected. Still a great job from the Culligan staff!

Get buying tips about Water Treatment Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 20, 2022

Professional and friendly company (Culligan of Dekalb IL) to work with. Went great in all aspects of the process. Joel was great during the sales, Josh did an exceptional job during installation and Rose did a great job directing traffic.

Original review: July 10, 2021

Great experience from start to finish. Salesperson was very knowledgeable and friendly. Ensure to answer all my questions and explained the entire process. Installation staff were extremely professional and courteous. They ensure to clean up after they completed the installation and asked me if I have any questions or concerns. Most companies do not follow up after they sell you something, but their salesperson sure does call you. He asked me if I was satisfied with the system and even told me to call him directly if any issues arise. Extremely satisfied with the system and the professionalism of their staff.

Original review: May 6, 2022

Been fighting for water delivery with these ungrateful poor relation company, for days now. They lock you in on a contract for 1 year to rent their dispenser which is fine, but when they don’t come to deliver the water which is part of the deal. They put you off, ignore you needs and just run you around. DON'T! Go with this bad bad service company located in North Fond du Lac. Wish I would of just bought my water from local stores. At least I know I would of always had it. They should be ashamed to treat people as they do!

Original review: May 5, 2022

I don't know where to begin, I have lot to say but I will try to keep it short. About an year a ago I inquired water softener system and came to in contact with Culligan. I sat down with culligan Rep and decided to go with their leasing contract, Rep had me sign the contract on his Ipad. He didn't leave any document and I trusted the guy since he use to work with my friend selling barbecues. Next month came and they tried to charge to my account as I purchased the system instead of leasing it, I called their office in Ontraio and person on the phone told me it was mistake and she will fix it. She did fix it and now I was on leasing terms.

The system they installed had faulty parts that was giving wrong readings to their system as far as how much water was being used in the house and because of the wrong reading system was flushing 20 times a month and with that took all the salt and I was always out of salt. They didn't want to deliver the salt, it would take literally many calls to their office so I can get salt. I called culligan many time to let them know what was going on and it took them a year to come to my house to diagnose the system.

Now after a year their tech comes and tell me there is faulty part in here and that's why it regenerate 20 times and that's why you are always out of salt. He told the whole thing to his manager "Jose" on the phone when he was at my house I can hear the whole conversation. When I called culligan to complain about it Jose the manager said their system was working properly and he has no knowledge of faulty parts even though he knew everything than he said even if there was faulty parts system was still working properly.

I asked him, "Ok if the system was working fine why did you have to change the parts?" He has no answer. After I had their system installed I changed all of my toilets costing me $500 a piece and I have 4 of them and now they all look like the one I had prior. There is lot more about this culligan location I don't have enough time to finish this but I will say one thing at the end. Stay away from them. I wouldn't even give them 1 star if I had option.

Original review: March 16, 2022

Got their "service" for dialysis. The guaranteed the system would work. It's been a year now and it has never worked the way they said it would. Made NUMEROUS calls to the office and get ignored. Never came out to see what was wrong but kept calling and calling and calling to remind account was due (autopay so that was wasted call). FINALLY a lady comes out and says we will switch tanks and adjust your account and you'll save money... Months went by and nothing, finally a guy came out to switch tanks. Right away he told my wife that this system would have NEVER worked for what we needed because the Culligan Install guy plumbed it all wrong. Got in new tank, BILL NEVER WAS ADJUSTED. Still has the egg smell they said would go away. No answers, but got ANOTHER withdraw from account this morning and still same price. $100 a month for a year on something that has never worked right and they don't care.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2022

I needed my Culligan water softener medium refurbished. Culligan took my unit to the shop to do re repair. After 2 weeks I hadn't heard from them so I called to find out status. They had no idea what I was talking about and knew nothing about my repair or if they even had my unit. After a day they found it and said they would come out that day to reinstall my unit. I waited all day for them and they never showed up so before closing time I called the Sacramento office and was told they couldn't make. They didn't give me a new date and now they will not even return my calls.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2022

The plumber was the sorriest excuse for a professional on the planet earth. Six months into owning our softener, it started to leak. I put up with the occasional leak. I called a year into ownership, and got a service call. The plumber was the sorriest excuse for a professional on the planet earth. He claimed the tank needed replacing at hundreds of dollars as the threads on the top were ruined by our house pressure. He claimed the pressure at our house spiked at 120 psi and it ruined our regulator, and the pressure had somehow stripped the plastic threads on the conditioner.

Fact. I had the city test the pressure in the neighborhood. 88 psi. Fact. I had them test it at my house. 88 psi, Fact, I bought a tester and tested it…You guessed it, 88 psi. Fact. The Culligan website lists the softeners certified to work between 20- 125 psi. Fact. I lowered the water regulator pressure to 40, and the leak stopped. Fact, I replaced the rubber seal at the top and re tightened the softener head. Fact, at 50 psi, the unit does not leak leak, at 70 it does. It leaks past the upper rubber seal. This is a design flaw. No damage to the unit from pressure, it’s a flaw.

To top it off, the tech put new salt in our unit by request. The bags are stored on the back of a dirty truck. He opened dirty bags over our unit, introducing dirt and mold spores into our salt container. It was clean before he arrived. Full of dirt after his departure. How incredibly unprofessional. So either one of two conditions exist.

1. Culligan is AWARE and part of the scam to coerce customers into needlessly buying new units due to “over pressure“ which Isn’t the case.

2. They use unethical and or shitty plumbers to do their work.

To top it off. I got charged 180$ for this dazzling display of unprofessional behavior. Fortunately I am mechanically inclined and caught this ** assessment. I pity the elderly on a limited income, or the mechanically un-inclined, who will fall prey to this scam. I’m inclined to get a news channel to do some investigative reporting on culligan. Avoid culligan at all costs.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

I got RO system from Culligan, where salesman overcharged me for the terrible system. He said the installation will be free but I was charged extra for it. After the installation, they don't care about the complaints. they never reply email for 2 weeks. Finally when I asked them to remove it they left my fridge waterline unconnected. Their products are 3 times expensive from their competitor. I still have their water rental softener which I will remove it after the term. No more overrated, overpriced stuff from Culligan ever.

Culligan author review by Greg Chick

Culligan got its start in 1936 and is now the leader in home water delivery as well as in-home, commercial and industrial water filtration and treatment services. It is different than most water delivery services because it doesn’t make or bottle the water it delivers; instead, Culligan specializes in water treatment systems and softeners. Water delivery services from Culligan start at $9.99 per month.

• Flexible schedules: You can set up a customized delivery schedule and arrange for supplemental deliveries if you need more water during specific months. You can also pause deliveries if you are on vacation.

• Types of water: You can choose from several types of bottled water including water treated by reverse osmosis and filtered, distilled, spring and mineral water.

• Coolers: Culligan requires you to buy or rent a Culligan cooler to use with your water jugs rather than using your own, but the cost of rental is included in the subscription plan. They will bring your cooler and install it when your plan begins.

• Culligan Man: Culligan assigns an account representative called a Culligan Man to every customer. He or she will help you select the plan that fits your needs and help arrange a convenient delivery schedule.

• 30-day guarantee: If you’re unsatisfied with your Culligan product or service within 30 days of your purchase, they’ll pick up the product and refund your money.

• Specialty testing: The company is equipped for specialty water testing, which may be needed should a customer have access to a well or non-municipal water source.

by Greg Chick Water Treatment Systems Advisor

Greg Chick has worked as an entrepreneur for over 40 years with a background in plumbing, irrigation, pools and water heating. He is a member of Green Plumbers USA, International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials and American Society of Plumbing Engineers. Greg works to educate residential consumers about quality plumbing products.

Culligan Company Information