Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.13/5

Culligan Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Culligan?
        How do I know I can trust these reviews about Culligan?

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

When we purchased our house three years ago it came with fairly complete water treating system. We have continued to have Culligan come to the house and service it once a year. I purchase the expensive activated carbon filter for a price less expensive than if Culligan provided it. The technician had no problem installing the filter I provided. Good and friendly service.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

We have a large office fish tank that requires regular water changes. The tap water in this area is terrible and chemical treatments cannot remove all the toxins that harm sensitive and expensive fish. The fish love Culligan water!!! I know this because they have not died yet. When you consider that these fish cost over $100.00 each, Culligan water becomes a big bargain. The patients love the fish and are sad if one dies. We drink some of the water too. Delivery is on time and on target. Can't ask for better than that!

Get buying tips about Water Treatment Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

Since installing the softener taking showers in this Florida water is a whole new experience. I couldn't be happier with the end result, and I'm sure all my appliances agree. The maintenance is easy and fairly cheap, just occasionally add salt. The first year of salt is free with Culligan too, so I won't be paying for salt any time soon. Great experience from sales to service.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

Happily using Culligan Ann Arbor/Detroit for 25 yrs. We have a lot of iron in our water. Current system is over 20 yrs old and out of warranty. I thought it was time for a new system. So Culligan had Karen ** pay a visit. Karen is what makes Culligan A2 so great. She is the most knowledgeable person when it comes to filtering systems. From the start you could tell she loved her job and was committed to providing the best system for our home. I learned so much. After all the testing and inspection she said that the current system is working great and that a new system was not warranted at this time. She knew from the beginning I was ready to replace the system. It would have been an easy sell. Honesty in sales? How refreshing. She made a couple of recommendations for us to change in our annual maintenance but a new system was not needed. This is why Culligan A2 is great and why I am a Culligan lifer.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

We love our Culligan cooler and having access to clean and pure water for our family. The price is so reasonable and the convenience of having the water bottles delivered and the empty bottles picked up every month is amazing! We love that it also cuts down on our carbon footprint because we now have no need for the little plastic water bottles. We cannot say enough good things about our Culligan service and the customer service is top notch! We wish we had used Culligan's services sooner!

Original review: May 5, 2020

I made a big mistake purchasing a Culligan water softener. Since the purchase, I had a water leak and was told not to worry about it so I fixed it myself just after the purchase. I again tried to get Culligan to service my water softener and was told it doesn't need any service. Now the water softener is not working correctly at all and I contacted Culligan complaint department. I did get a call from Culligan and was asked about my problem. Culligan said the would contact the Culligan dealer in my area. Since then, I haven't heard anything from Culligan. I will never buy a Culligan product again with their poor service. Get a Kinetico since they do have service that will help you.

Resolution response: May 1, 2020

Culligan staff called me back and have given a proposal to resolve my concern. From what I understand, the management stepped in which shows that they keep the customers' satisfaction a top priority. As I had said earlier, Culligan is a good company with good products and good customer service. This must have been an exception. I am satisfied with all the steps that Culligan has taken to resolve my concern.

Original review: April 28, 2020

We has a Culligan softener purchased in 1999 and had no problem till 2018. Then on Nov 2018 we had a sale person stop buy and demonstrate the new product. Due to past experience and it being 20 years old we purchased the new one. In last one year and 6 month we had tech visit 3 times to fix issues with installation and latest being water inside the electric circuit. Each time I raised concern and the response was good. However this time the repair is more serious I raised my concern on the product quality and the response from the management is that the product went through a change and the new version now comes with a cover for the electric circuit. They won't charge for the cover but I need to pay service fee.

Original review: March 26, 2020

Culligan is probably the least reliable company to purchase a Reverse Osmosis System from. I purchased their system in November of 2018. I was told that 3 of the filters (Sediment, Activate Charcoal and small filter) were good for one year and that the Reverse Osmosis filter would be good for 5 years. So, I picked up the one year old filters in September 2019, (less than one year). I changed out the old filters and used the system for 5 months when the system stopped working. (No water flow.) I called for service. They came out and told me the "5 Year" filter was clogged and no good. (This 5 year filter lasted all of 18 months.) Now tells me I need to buy a new one for $120., plus the $148 service call ($268.00 plus tax)...

THIS SERVICE CALL LASTED 13 MINUTES!!! I asked the service rep. if he could also change out the faucet for the RO system that was leaking. He told me he doesn't have the time. Remember...just for the 13 minute service call to solve whatever problems I had cost $148!!! AND HE DOESN'T HAVE TIME!!! REALLY??? So now to get the faucet replaced it will be an additional $148 +. The most painful and upsetting part of this is that I paid $1,200.00 for this cheap ** system. Never use them again. When the next filters fail, I will purchase a reliable system, from another dealer/manufacturer and junk this P.O.S. Before purchasing this RO system, I had used Culligan for 20 + years for my Water Softener at my previous home. Won't do that again either.???

Original review: March 8, 2020

We Ordered Drinking Water Filter, Their Salesman Cheated And Made Changes to the contract "water Softener Bundle". THEY HOOKED US ON MONTHLY HIGH PRICE! A rip off company! For your protection use another company!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

Very unhappy with the equipment. I was sold on (by the salesman) to purchase the softener instead of renting. What a mistake. There have been several issues with the equipment in a short period of time. Each time I request service, I receive an invoice that shocks me to say the least. Warranty? LOLOL. Do not make the mistake of choosing Culligan. If you must, definitely lease and do not buy the equipment.

Culligan author review by Greg Chick

Culligan got its start in 1936 and is now the leader in home water delivery as well as in-home, commercial and industrial water filtration and treatment services. It is different than most water delivery services because it doesn’t make or bottle the water it delivers; instead, Culligan specializes in water treatment systems and softeners. Water delivery services from Culligan start at $9.99 per month.

• Flexible schedules: You can set up a customized delivery schedule and arrange for supplemental deliveries if you need more water during specific months. You can also pause deliveries if you are on vacation.

• Types of water: You can choose from several types of bottled water including water treated by reverse osmosis and filtered, distilled, spring and mineral water.

• Coolers: Culligan requires you to buy or rent a Culligan cooler to use with your water jugs rather than using your own, but the cost of rental is included in the subscription plan. They will bring your cooler and install it when your plan begins.

• Culligan Man: Culligan assigns an account representative called a Culligan Man to every customer. He or she will help you select the plan that fits your needs and help arrange a convenient delivery schedule.

• 30-day guarantee: If you’re unsatisfied with your Culligan product or service within 30 days of your purchase, they’ll pick up the product and refund your money.

• Specialty testing: The company is equipped for specialty water testing, which may be needed should a customer have access to a well or non-municipal water source.

by Greg Chick Water Treatment Systems Contributing Editor

Greg Chick has worked as an entrepreneur for over 40 years with a background in plumbing, irrigation, pools and water heating. He is a member of Green Plumbers USA, International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials and American Society of Plumbing Engineers. Greg works to educate residential consumers about quality plumbing products.

Culligan Company Information