3.29/5

Need a water treatment system?

Culligan

Need a water treatment system?

Culligan Reviews

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

I just wanted to give a shoutout to Katrina the customer service rep I have been working with at Culligan. She is the best. I had been having water delivery problems and billing problems, she fixed them both with a phone call. I just wanted to acknowledge what a wonderful employee she is. She listens and fixes the issue right there!

Original review: June 26, 2019

June 21, 2019 Mike our salesperson sold us our Culligan whole Home Water Softener. Mike was very knowledgeable and informative. The unit was installed on June 24, 2019. The installers were very polite and made sure we were happy with the location of all equipment before it was installed. After the R.O. System was installed the installer tested and made sure we had good water pressure. We notice the difference in the water.

Get expert buying tips about Water Treatment Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 24, 2019

We did a side by side comparison of Culligan Water from our neighbors home and my water from Pelican, the no salt system. Our water started at 15 gpg hard and 236 TDS as was our neighbors. My neighbor with Culligan has zero hard and 8 TDS. My Pelican has 14 hard and 230 TDS. I need to get a Culligan so don’t make the mistake I did for his Pelican was a great story but it was all fiction; it’s not a softener. It’s a scam.

Original review: April 24, 2019

I relocated from the East Coast to Texas. The water is much different here. Within a couple of months we "had" to purchase a whole house water softener and the indoor water filter system. You cannot live in Texas without these products on your skin, hair, hands or laundry or if you want to drink water. IT MATTERS and makes a huge difference!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

My new delivery man, Hunter unfortunately had to return to bring the bags of salt inside because they're too heavy for me to carry downstairs. He was very nice and accommodating. Culligan of Grand Rapids has serviced here for many decades and they've always been friendly and efficient. Culligan of Grand Rapids is GREAT! I would recommend them for your water needs. Jack's been with them forever too and he's always been nice and knowledgeable. Call them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Culligan?

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

If I could rate it worse than one star - I would. I schedule the filter replacement service in my house in September. They gave me an appointment in October. First I was surprised I didn't receive any confirmation on the day prior to the appointment as they usually do. When I call them the next day, they told me they call my house and were told we no longer need to service. Considering for 15 years they were calling my cell number I was very surprised to hear it and asked what number did they call. Of course they didn't give me the right number, instead made up some number I never heard of.

I spend 30 min of my work time on the phone rescheduling the appointment making sure they have the right number and the gate entry code as I know that usually people don't have it when they come to my house. I got an appointment for Middle of November. Today the contractor came to my gates but didn't have the gate entry code and turn away. When I called the office to ask to explanation they again offered me to reschedule the appointment, again I wasted another 30 min of my work time. I feel Culligan just don't care about the customers or those that schedule appointments don't care about their jobs.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

I purchased a Culligan water softener (Medallist series) in 2016 for approximately $1100. Three years later I needed a $230 repair. The softener needed a piston replacement kit as the o-rings failed. The repairman explained that the chlorine in the water makes the o-rings fail. A repair of this nature should not be necessary after just 3 years. I will never buy another Culligan product.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

I purchased an system for reverse osmosis with a price tag of almost $8K and it had not been installed a week and it the entire thing was not functioning properly. After they could not find another lie to explain why their product was not doing what it was suppose to (we were informed in a email that we needed a new well). Here I am with a new well and $1,6k on top of the $8k that the system costs (the system is not for the entire house is only for your sink water & fridge). Every time we called them to get a tech out (they charge us). The most recent incident was 2 weeks ago my patio was completely flooded and when their tech come "They said that the system got stuck on a cycle". I am over it and I filed a complaint with the BBB. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

I've been a customer of Culligan bottled water for very long time. Usually when I call for delivery it is scheduled within a two week period. Recently my delivery turned into a nightmare of repeated phone calls and delivery promises that never happened. At one point called multiple times and was hung up on immediately multiple times. Finally was told to go pickup my water at Aqua Falls. Something has drastically changed at Culligan for the worse for water delivery! Hope my next request is a much better experience.

Resolution response: Oct. 18, 2019

Was able to talk to a mgr, and got things straightened out....and turns out could be a better option.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

I called them to get a plan for bottle service, I got the 8 bottle which is 8 bottle plus 1, for 51.99 but I added a bottle and then I get charged 71.99, 20.00 for 1 bottle. I called to cancel and the lady just wanted to explain that I was given 2 extra bottles. Then, she basically called me a liar, when she said, "Let me look at the driver's card." Then I said cancel my order and come p/u equipment. 20.00 over a bottle of water, JUST PLAIN STUPID.

Culligan expert review by Greg Chick

Culligan got its start in 1936 and is now the leader in home water delivery as well as in-home, commercial and industrial water filtration and treatment services. It is different than most water delivery services because it doesn’t make or bottle the water it delivers; instead, Culligan specializes in water treatment systems and softeners. Water delivery services from Culligan start at $9.99 per month.

• Flexible schedules: You can set up a customized delivery schedule and arrange for supplemental deliveries if you need more water during specific months. You can also pause deliveries if you are on vacation.

• Types of water: You can choose from several types of bottled water including water treated by reverse osmosis and filtered, distilled, spring and mineral water.

• Coolers: Culligan requires you to buy or rent a Culligan cooler to use with your water jugs rather than using your own, but the cost of rental is included in the subscription plan. They will bring your cooler and install it when your plan begins.

• Culligan Man: Culligan assigns an account representative called a Culligan Man to every customer. He or she will help you select the plan that fits your needs and help arrange a convenient delivery schedule.

• 30-day guarantee: If you’re unsatisfied with your Culligan product or service within 30 days of your purchase, they’ll pick up the product and refund your money.

• Specialty testing: The company is equipped for specialty water testing, which may be needed should a customer have access to a well or non-municipal water source.

• Best for: Homeowners with hard water, homeowners near a compromised water supply, developers or managers managing large commercial properties and rural customers using well water.

Profile picture of Greg Chick
      Greg Chick Water Treatment Systems Contributing Editor

Greg Chick has worked as an entrepreneur for over 40 years with a background in plumbing, irrigation, pools and water heating. He is a member of Green Plumbers USA, International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials and American Society of Plumbing Engineers. Greg works to educate residential consumers about quality plumbing products.

Culligan Company Information