3.58/5

Need a water treatment system?

Culligan

Need a water treatment system?

181 Culligan Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 26, 2019

June 21, 2019 Mike our salesperson sold us our Culligan whole Home Water Softener. Mike was very knowledgeable and informative. The unit was installed on June 24, 2019. The installers were very polite and made sure we were happy with the location of all equipment before it was installed. After the R.O. System was installed the installer tested and made sure we had good water pressure. We notice the difference in the water.

Original review: May 24, 2019

We did a side by side comparison of Culligan Water from our neighbors home and my water from Pelican, the no salt system. Our water started at 15 gpg hard and 236 TDS as was our neighbors. My neighbor with Culligan has zero hard and 8 TDS. My Pelican has 14 hard and 230 TDS. I need to get a Culligan so don’t make the mistake I did for his Pelican was a great story but it was all fiction; it’s not a softener. It’s a scam.

Get expert buying tips about Water Treatment Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 24, 2019

When we moved the customer service was so nice. They made it easy for our transfer to another County. Our water was right on time. Our delivery person was fast and friendly.. Very professional.. I would recommend them to everyone.. Also during hurricane season they make sure if during a storm we are stocked with water..

Original review: April 24, 2019

I relocated from the East Coast to Texas. The water is much different here. Within a couple of months we "had" to purchase a whole house water softener and the indoor water filter system. You cannot live in Texas without these products on your skin, hair, hands or laundry or if you want to drink water. IT MATTERS and makes a huge difference!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

My new delivery man, Hunter unfortunately had to return to bring the bags of salt inside because they're too heavy for me to carry downstairs. He was very nice and accommodating. Culligan of Grand Rapids has serviced here for many decades and they've always been friendly and efficient. Culligan of Grand Rapids is GREAT! I would recommend them for your water needs. Jack's been with them forever too and he's always been nice and knowledgeable. Call them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Culligan?

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

Jason has been the person who has help make our Aqua water into great water... added big blue, salt water softener and RO system... It’s a great system. We are into our second year and we are very satisfied! Five stars!

Original review: July 19, 2019

Called Culligan to order a delivery of salt this morning. Didn't realize this was a big ask, would require 25 minutes and still be treated poorly. The first person answered to direct my call collecting my information, before transferring me to another representative. I then had the pleasure of repeating this process with another hold and transfer. Customer service rep number three asked for my account information which I provided. Was then helpful enough to update my phone number, then another hold and transfer, they weren't the right person to help. Next representative up spent five mins trying to collect my phone number. I might have been interrupting a tough game of tetris on the other end as I had to repeat the information four times. Offered to put me on hold and transfer. They are really good at hold and transfer. It might be their strategy, much like an insurance company handling a claim. Don't call them expecting help, they could care less.

Original review: July 17, 2019

I called my local Culligan dealer in Santa Clara, CA for help with my reverse osmosis drinking water system. The person on the phone sounded dull, disinterested and just said “We’re not technicians”. When I asked whether they provided customer service after sales and installation they answered “no”. Then I was told to “just try and drain the tank” and/or try to add pressure to the holding tank. They offered no assistance to find a technician. I called a second time only to be told the same thing by a second person, after finding that their suggestions for a DIY fix didn’t work. I asked again about technical service and after another runaround like at the first call I was told ”Well, you could call a plumber”. FINALLY, after an even more pointed set of questions I was told we can schedule a technician to come out. The price they quoted was outrageous and I opted to call a plumber who offered to try to help even though Culligan products are proprietary.

Original review: July 10, 2019

Hopkinsville KY office tried to sell us a product for $10,000+. They tested our well water and told us we needed a new system, but they did not test our water from our filtration system that we already had in place. We had to call someone else to look at our existing system, and they told us that it worked fine, but we needed to change the digital water softer level on our system. We did not need a $10,000 system.

Original review: June 24, 2019

My old water softener needed replaced. I called Culligan and a salesperson, Paul **, came the same day and explained their products. The softener was installed in a timely manner and follow up to answer any questions was done within two weeks.

Culligan expert review by Greg Chick

Culligan got its start in 1936 and is now the leader in home water delivery as well as in-home, commercial and industrial water filtration and treatment services. It is different than most water delivery services because it doesn’t make or bottle the water it delivers; instead, Culligan specializes in water treatment systems and softeners. Water delivery services from Culligan start at $9.99 per month.

• Flexible schedules: You can set up a customized delivery schedule and arrange for supplemental deliveries if you need more water during specific months. You can also pause deliveries if you are on vacation.

• Types of water: You can choose from several types of bottled water including water treated by reverse osmosis and filtered, distilled, spring and mineral water.

• Coolers: Culligan requires you to buy or rent a Culligan cooler to use with your water jugs rather than using your own, but the cost of rental is included in the subscription plan. They will bring your cooler and install it when your plan begins.

• Culligan Man: Culligan assigns an account representative called a Culligan Man to every customer. He or she will help you select the plan that fits your needs and help arrange a convenient delivery schedule.

• 30-day guarantee: If you’re unsatisfied with your Culligan product or service within 30 days of your purchase, they’ll pick up the product and refund your money.

• Specialty testing: The company is equipped for specialty water testing, which may be needed should a customer have access to a well or non-municipal water source.

• Best for: Homeowners with hard water, homeowners near a compromised water supply, developers or managers managing large commercial properties and rural customers using well water.

Profile picture of Greg Chick
      Greg Chick Water Treatment Systems Contributing Editor

Greg Chick has worked as an entrepreneur for over 40 years with a background in plumbing, irrigation, pools and water heating. He is a member of Green Plumbers USA, International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials and American Society of Plumbing Engineers. Greg works to educate residential consumers about quality plumbing products.

Culligan Company Information