Culligan

• 5%
  • 6%
  • 28%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Culligan?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Culligan?

Reviewed June 2, 2024

Albany NY...I bought an RO system. Ran just to the kitchen sink. The tech came on a Friday afternoon. Saturday night I went down and saw all this water on my basement floor. A slow leak so I waited until the next day and reported it to the salesman and 24/7 service along with the fact that I had purchased an extra set of filters which were not left. NO ONE CAME TO LOOK/FIX THE PROBLEM!! So on Monday morning I hired my own plumber to fix it (a nut which was loosened by the tech and not tightened enough) and BLOCKED this company from my phone. If they don't care to hear me then I DON'T CARE TO HEAR THEM ASKING FOR PAYMENT!!!! They are incompetent and thieves. I ignored them for 2+ years and then they brought me to court. Because I didn't respond to the courts I lost out and had to pay them. THEY SUCK!!!! DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM.

Reviewed May 15, 2024

I love the delivery option for my water. Culligan makes it easy to work with them and have some of the best customer service I've come across. When I hit a hardship they made it easy to overcome and keep my service going with limited interruptions.

Reviewed May 10, 2024

They're very easy to work with and they respond quickly. We have been customers for the last 4 years and the water tastes much better than it previously did and now my place of employment also uses them and it's has made a huge difference in water quality.

Reviewed May 4, 2024

When the sales guy came we were told by him the payments would be for 5 years. Little do they know I recorded the conversation. Fast forward 6 years. Payments stopped coming out of our bank then 1 year later restarted again. We called and were very rudely told the payments are for 12 years. Yes that's right 12 years on a 5000 system. This company scams people. I would never recommend them to anyone ever.

Reviewed April 30, 2024

Very flexible on water deliveries and the amount of water you need. Drivers are very respectful and go the extra mile to help. Water is really good and my family now drinks more water that they really need. Thanks Culligan!

Reviewed April 29, 2024

I have been with Culligan for years for my soft water system, at the start it was working smoothly (billing and services) until my local Culligan water started charging me for services that has not been rendered. I am part of their delivery services for salt and filter change program. Recently for this month the driver delivered salt and left the filter outside our house (which we don't know of and no text was sent prior to the delivery), he did not even ring the door bell when we are just inside the house. We don't know how to change filter and what does he expect us to do with that filter? I don't want my system to be malfunctioning when we are not trained to do that.

When I called the office that day for the service issue, they scheduled me for their tech to come by the end of the month. No charges was mentioned nor anything that could be considered a service call because it is not it was a failure on their end. Today Brenda called and left a VM stating that service will come tomorrow and that I will be charge for the service. I was getting confuse because why am I being charge for something that was a failure on Culligan’s end. We are part of the program and delivery so we won't be charge for additional charges for filter change installation but just for the filter itself.

When I called, I spoke to Jona whom can't answer my questions regarding the charges. I was transferred to Destiny whom she claimed as the coordinator for Fresno, Ca office. I tried to clarify charges with her and from the way she speaks and tone of her voice it seems that she needed to go to a customer service class on how to achieve customer service excellence but instead after all the charges that she can't explained she offered me right away to be taken off their program for delivery and services.

I don't know if this is how Culligan Water wants to be represented with this type of attitude handling customer calls or maybe they need to put their staff on a recorded call so they can monitor this type of behaviors. Culligan water will slowly lose their customers if it's handled this way. Also during this conversation it seems that Culligan water is trying to rip off money from their customers with hidden charges and poor services. I hope that corporate will try to check their local office in Fresno so they won't lose any loyal customers like me. If I can give a “0” star on them, I would.

Reviewed March 31, 2024

Very helpful, reliable, consistent and always high quality. Jugs are clean, and always neatly placed - especially helpful when one needs to carry them a distance. Staff is always courteous and friendly.

Wan increased rating by 2 stars.
    Customer Service
    After a positive interaction with Culligan, Wan increased their star rating on April 7, 2024.

Updated review: April 7, 2024

Problem sorted out.

Original Review: March 28, 2024

Sorriest company ever. We are a Knightsbridge Restaurant. This company no responsibility, unhelpful at all. We ordered 3months now, still couldn't use. The fast response is about the payment. Nothing else! Please don't try.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed March 12, 2024

We purchased a high efficiency water softener and reverse osmosis system in March of 2018 (6 years ago). RO "button" rusted 2 years ago and became unusable. Customer service informed me that the button is not replaceable and that the whole system would need to be replaced. This seemed absurd and so I called back another day hoping for a more informed person. Nope. Many calls to many jurisdictions gave the same answer. Button broken means $600 dollar fix, and even an example given of a woman who had dropped her button into a sink and then paid for the cost of entire replacement. After much digging I found that in fact the button is replaceable through Culligan at about $30.

Meanwhile the technical team is completely and intentionally unavailable by phone. Only with a callout fee is there access to system knowledge. Now our softener water flow meter has failed, and did so some time ago. The lack of salt use clued us in to the fact that the now ultra high efficiency device hasn't run for many months. The warranty expired at 5 years and we are at 6. So no more efficiency, just a two day cycle for us in a very hard water area no matter the water use. A very good sales pitch, and a very poor product.

Reviewed Feb. 24, 2024

We have a service contract with Culligan and they keep our soft water system running in tip-top condition. I would recommend Culligan to others considering buying a soft water system and also those considering having Culligan maintain their system.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupStaff

Reviewed Feb. 23, 2024

We decided to go with Culligan based on my lab work when I knew the brand by its quality. We installed an over $10,000 system in our condo in Shrewsbury, MA where our daughter lives presently and where the water quality is famously miserable. Three months short of its 1-year anniversary, the filter system for the kitchen sink got completely clogged. Tech came and changed the 4 filters. 24 hours later there was still no drop of water.

I called them back. They came, apologized, and told my daughter the system was completely clogged, that they needed to remove it and that they will bring it back on Friday. That was Monday. Nobody called me for 3 days. I called to check on Wednesday and was promised they would call me. It is Friday today as I am writing this, 4:40 p.m. Still no calls or equipment. I called back only to find out the nice person answering the phone had no idea what was going on, the person in charge was out of the office and his boss, the office manager does not work on Fridays.

The one and only office in MA is in Winsor, CT where she was. They serve MA, CT, and RI. Not very well, clearly. Not sure if this is a New England issue with insufficient staff to cover the needs of the three states but a reputable brand such as Culligan should never run into such subpar service quality. I am absolutely stunned and will pursue this up to the top of the company, and all over the internet until they do something about it.

Brenda increased rating by 1 star.
    Customer ServiceStaff
    After a positive interaction with Culligan, Brenda increased their star rating on March 12, 2024.

Updated review: March 12, 2024

The tech came out, my unit was still under warranty so I didn’t have to pay the $180 service fee! The tech kept insisting it was my well, it’s the faucet, plumbing… anything but their system. And I told him I cleaned the trap, replaced the faucet like he told to me to do last time! I emptied my tank 2 times before he got here for the service call and he ultimately had to put chlorine in the tank and so far so good! Nice guy. I just didn’t appreciate him blaming everything else after I explained to him the situation.

Original Review: Feb. 15, 2024

We got system installed and I noticed a foul smell coming from the filtered water, I called. Paid the $182 service fee just to get them out here and the tech said it the faucet, replace it. I replaced my faucet and it still stinks and now I’m getting an upset stomach every time I drink the filtered water!!! I called again…. They want ANOTHER $182 to come out again! This is bad business, and as of yet it’s a bad product too. I’m very upset about this. The lady who answered the phone should have been an automated message because she was NO HELP and very uncaring.

Reviewed Feb. 14, 2024

I'm a long time customer. The delivery guys are always helpful and friendly when I see them. The water is good too. I live in an area where the water is very hard water. I use Culligan water for drinking and cooking. Great customer service.

Customer ServiceInstallation & Setup

Reviewed Feb. 6, 2024

Great customer service and installation, and extremely happy with the outcome of the water, such a huge difference with the drinking water and the water to bathe in and washing clothes. It's nice to not have my skin hurt and my clothes to not be yellow when I wash them.

Reviewed Jan. 23, 2024

We love our Culligan Systems! We have had our Reverse Osmosis Water Purifier since 1998. And our first Water Softener System for a little over 20 years until it quit working. Culligan set us up with a new one about about 5 years ago and that's when we got on their service plan/warranty. Our service technician Rafael ** is awesome, he comes to our house with salt and checks our system to make sure it is working at its very best every 3 months. Rafael always goes above and beyond for us.

PriceStaff

Reviewed Jan. 19, 2024

Worst service ever. They charge 110 $ just to come to your place and 30 $ per 15 mins doesn't make sense and since they can't figure out the problem. That's their product and do not know the problem ? does not make any sense. They hire people to give us the service so they can make money by not doing anything. If you guys are using Culligan please be careful. I don't recommend them at all

Reviewed Jan. 10, 2024

I am pleased not to have to drag those heavy bag of salt nor worry about the equipment not working. Culligan takes care of all that for me. Their equipment is very reliable and having a specialist take care of my water quality is a big plus.

Price

Reviewed Jan. 5, 2024

I did purchase water softener in July 2022 along with salt delivery package for 3 years, They never informed of additional charges for delivering salt nor it's mentioned in contract and they started to charge 4.50$ for every delivery per each quarter. This is literally money minting from customers by giving false promises and charging again for deliveries. Please be aware of this if anyone is purchasing a product.

PriceStaff

Reviewed Dec. 28, 2023

Be carefull with maintenance costs. The salesperson does not disclose how much it costs to replace filters every year. There is a house call visit cost of about $150 plus the filters themselves, which runs another $135. There is no option to buy the filters from anyone else and when you buy them from Culligan there is about a $40 sh attached to the filter's price. STAY AWAY FROM THEM.

Reviewed Dec. 26, 2023

Never show up with water when scheduled.... I guess Friday before Christmas on Monday is a holiday as well, only they do not tell you.... They just don't show up and you have no water. You call Corporate, but hey, they all are franchised, so Corporate does not care, and neither do the people that work there. When I said close my home and my business account, they pretty much said, "Screw you," and they are both closed. Good luck to those people when they need a new job. :(

Price

Reviewed Dec. 21, 2023

I was very disappointed to find that Culligan locked me into a 5 year contract! The slick salesman never mentioned anything about that! I got some ridiculous quote from them to "buy the equipment". Hope this helps someone else from making a huge mistake like I did!

Reviewed Dec. 20, 2023

I highly recommend Culligan's services. Professional team and reliable. The equipment works flawlessly. Deliveries of products are always on time. The yearly service for the equipment is done timely and professionally.

Installation & SetupStaff

Reviewed Dec. 13, 2023

Culligan provides a quick and easy process to get your water system installed. From start to finish the staff are very communicative and helpful. I had my water test done on Friday and by Monday the water system was installed. They have several different options for water systems but they make it easy to understand.

Reviewed Dec. 13, 2023

Andrew is Amazing! He gives me a call when he is near so I know when he will be here & can let him in the gate. He has offered to adjust my place on the schedule in order to get here before I need to leave for work so I'm not late. And on top of this, he always has a smile on his face & is genuinely pleasant every time. Give this man a raise. He deserves one! Thanks Andrew for all you do & who you are!

Reviewed Dec. 13, 2023

On time service, Update appointments and calls customer. Really great product and Professional Service. Really great tasting water. Representative will answer all questions or return calls with further info.

Reviewed Dec. 12, 2023

My husband and I have utilized the Culligan of St. Cloud water softener rental service for many years. Their online monthly bill pay is simple -- a reminder comes right to my email -- and the Culligan techs and reps are especially courteous and helpful.

Reviewed Dec. 11, 2023

After a retest by Culligan that I insisted upon, it was discovered that the $1400.00 UV system did not remove all of the Chloroform and E. coli from my well water. Culligan refuses to remove the system and refund my money. Need I say more?

Reviewed Nov. 15, 2023

We had a water softener with Culligan for over 8 years with an automated debit on the account. ONE TIME a payment was missed because our account was compromised and frozen, and instead of reaching out to us, Culligan started billing us for payment without reinstituting the debit, we did not know they were doing this so we started being charged late fees. Further, we received 4 bags of salt every month that we never had to use because the unit was not working properly, so we accumulated 20+ bags of salt and even after we called for service, nothing was done to correct the issue. Even the technicians who removed the unit after I cancelled our account admitted that we should not have that much salt unused and that the unit should have been using more salt if it was working correctly. I am certain that we were paying for a service that we were not getting.

Verified purchase
    Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed Nov. 6, 2023

I got a card in the mail advertising a $19.95 Softener Inspection and Water Test. I forgot to give them the code when I scheduled someone to check my water softener, and paid $114 in advance of the visit. I kicked myself for forgetting to give the code for the $19.95 inspection, but that's life. The service call took about 20-30 minutes. Nick was efficient, adjusted the regeneration to be more often, and tested the water hardness. I have no complaints about the service itself.

However, I just got a bill in the mail for an additional $57.50. Apparently, the $114 for the service visit does not include Nick's time. They billed me at $114 per hour for 30 minutes, and also added a $2 fee for the print statement of the bill that they mailed me. All in all, this 30 minutes to slightly adjust my water softener cost $173.50, which seems way out of line both for what was done during the service call and compared to the rate and billing of services from other professionals, such as plumbers. However, the main criticism I have here is that this additional cost for "parts and labor" was not made very clear when I was scheduling this service- it was certainly not clear that $114 was never going to be the total amount for the visit. I am very disappointed in this practice.

Reviewed Oct. 20, 2023

Very professional and helpful. Both for the consultation and install. Answered all my questions and gave great advice. It has been a week of great tasting water. Oh and our towels are way softer. I'm confident my future service needs will be met with my full satisfaction.

Culligan Company Information