3.9/5 (613 ratings)

About Culligan

Culligan Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Culligan?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Culligan?

Original review: April 11, 2021

The staff are always prompt, courteous and efficient. What more can you ask for? They bring the supplies for our water treatment system in, fill the tank and remove any debris associated with the visit. Highly recommend Culligan of Ida for all water systems!

Original review: March 22, 2021

I haven't had any problems with Culligan Water Softener Service. It might not be the least expensive service but it's the one I went with. They take care of the equipment on a regular basis and I don't have to do it.

Original review: March 22, 2021

Initial Contact and Home appointment was quick which was great. Salesperson was pleasant and answered all questions. However did not mention we needed to add an electrical outlet. Installation person didn’t read work order and almost removed existing water purification unit. He was going to replace it with the softener only. My interaction with the installer prevented a 5 star review.

Original review: March 21, 2021

I use the Culligan Water softener service in Tampa Bay. Every 2 months I receive an email or voicemail reminder that service rep will be showing up the next day to service the unit. My representative's name is Al and he is consistently professional and helpful. Not only does he haul the big bags of salt to fill the softener but he adjusts the settings on the unit and tests the water. I am really happy with my service and will continue to use Culligan.

Original review: March 20, 2021

Have had Culligan system for almost 8 yrs now with no problems. Culligan keeps us up to date with any maintenance and gives us salt as needed. They win our vote for all around great company. Thank you Culligan for your customer service and support.

Original review: March 15, 2021

Culligan has been very efficient with our service since we purchased the system for our home. They come on the days scheduled. If needed for additional service, it is never a long wait for them to get an appointment scheduled.

Original review: March 10, 2021

Customer service is top notch and no more bottled water. The install went smoothly and efficient. They stand by their word and we didn't realize how bad our water was until they came to our home and tested our water. YUCK! I recommend Culligan for sure.

Original review: March 10, 2021

I recently purchased a new home that has well water and causes a strong Sulphur odor. I had the system installed about 2 months ago was promised odor would go away, it hasn't. Follow up service awful.

Original review: March 8, 2021

After I paid the yearly platinum service, I had to have the system uninstalled cause of kitchen remodel and they want to charge me again a reinstall fee. I was told this was included in the platinum service. Liars!!! Such a disappointment! Looking for another water filter in the market right now. DO NOT BUY THIS unless you want your money to go down the drain.

Resolution response: March 5, 2021

Giving this company a 2nd try after being contacted by the GM.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

Beware!! These sales people twist and tell stories to get their system into your house, not one promise has been fulfilled without hassle! Customer service has no clue and has to have several people call you to get anything resolved and their techs leave messes, leave tanks dangerously teetering where a 3 year old pulled it over onto himself and tubing dangling dangerously low where a child could be strangled with it. I DO NOT recommend this company, google alternatives - lots of better alternatives out there!!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

When I first got the water softener it seemed great. Had to call service because the lines let loose in the middle of the night and made a huge mess. If I didn’t have hard water and could find another solution, I wouldn’t be using this company.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2020

I rarely post reviews, but I'm pleased to do it for Mast Family Culligan - Fort Myers. Having a running contract with them is easy. They remind me when service is due, but they are never pushy. When I call in, answer is prompt and a service call is normally scheduled within the same week. The engineer coming at home is well trained, always on time and very polite. Overall, a pleasure to do business with and I strongly recommend.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2020

I hate this company. Years ago, when I contracted with Culligan for a whole-house pH adjuster, the salesman lied about almost everything, in order to get the sale. First, he told me that the canister could be refilled by the homeowner. This is not true. I need to get an service guy to come out and remove it, every couple years, and take it to the service center to be cleaned and refilled. This takes a couple weeks and costs — last time I got it done — several hundred dollars. Second, he promised me a free, comprehensive water analysis. When I contacted the Culligan office to arrange the water sampling, the manager said they had no record of that part of the agreement, and that they don’t even offer that service. Third, he tried to sell me a superfluous, two-canister treatment system that would have reduced my water pressure to near zero.

The fact is the salesmen who come out to do a pitch and get a contract work on commission. They will say what they need to in order to get you to sign. If I could have a do-over, I never would have gone with Culligan. Before I purchased their treatment system I used a locally-owned company that switched out smaller media canisters every month. It was an inexpensive service, and a far better way to treat our water. But after spending well in excess of $1000 on the Culligan canister system, I am now stuck with them.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2020

Timely response to questions and resolution of issues. Personable staff, following safety guidelines in this time of pandemic. Couldn't ask for better service or a company. Hope to be with this service for many more years.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

We've used Culligan of Ann Arbor for several years. They have great service and are always easy to place an order for salt! We get updates on the delivery prior to delivery and a reminder the day before!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

Culligan installed one of their Reverse Osmosis water filters and we absolutely love it! No more filling 3 gallon bottles at Whole Foods. The product is convenient, clean, and provides more RO water than we could possibly use in one day. The installation was simple, and the technicians were efficient and professional. Highly suggest looking into this if you like RO water, which you should.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2020

For the first time in 25 years had some service and billing problems. After discussions with the General Manager, Aaron, he very quickly, courteously, addressed and resolved them. Would highly recommend Culligan for water solutions!!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2020

I'm very happy so far with my water softener, I have been with Callihan a little over a year now. Customer service is very friendly and professional. My service is done on time and the driver gives you a call when en route.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2020

Sterling Water Culligan are great people to deal with. I don't have to check my system. They do it all for me. They let me know when they will be stopping by to service the equipment. The staff is friendly and can answer any questions I have.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

I had such a pleasant experience with Culligan and Mike Jablonski. We purchased a water softener and water purifier. We couldn't be happier with their friendly service. Mike was very knowledgeable and professional. Thank you again!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

Culligan of Bellingham has been amazing for our company. From quick water deliveries to outstanding customer service! I give them a 10 out of 10. We never run out of water, any broken fixture is always replaced quickly. And everyone is always friendly.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

We had a different company put in a whole house system in our Clearwater house but went with Culligan at our new place. The price was high but we wanted a great system. We went with a whole house softener and undersink RO setup. It came with 1 year of regular service. Seems like every month the salt tank was overfilled and always had a salt bridge I needed to deal with. Then the system broke and was dumping salt water on the ground and we didn’t notice until we were notified we had a huge dead spot of grass. While the system was repaired the tech said they don’t fix the grass. After I made a few comments about it he said he’d talk the the manager and have him call us, but nobody ever did. It cost us our time, money and labor to get the grass fixed. Culligan didn’t seem to care.

The water not coming from the RO system always tastes briny. Like when showering or brushing teeth. The final straw was when I received a 30 day past due email bill/notice that I owed for 2 months of service! This was the first bill I ever got, email or otherwise. We canceled the contract and will probably start looking at a new system after one years of the Culligan setup. So sorry we spent a few grand on this system. But we learned that local dealers are better to work with.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

The service is great and the employees are friendly! The employees were nice and friendly. The water is amazing and the fact that the water holder thing has hot water is a plus, it's great for oatmeal.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

We searched various companies before choosing Culligan. Between knowing their brand, years of service, products to choose from and price, it really was an easy choice to make. Their install process was quick and instruction was easy. Thank you so much Culligan.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

Culligan of Bloomington, IL is a great business to work with! They took the time to listen to my family needs and worked diligently to find a solution. They are very helpful and mindful of what their customers ask for. Definitely earned my business and future business.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

We had to replace our water softener after 10 years and since we had been getting excellent service from Culligan, we decided to invest in a new system. We did check other companies and prices but Culligan came out to be the best. We had a new system installed, quickly and efficiently by the technician. We also got free service for a year! I would highly recommend you check out Culligan if you are looking for a water softener system.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

Culligan of Tampa gives excellent service. They are on schedule to refill salt tank and are efficient in servicing the unit. The service techs are knowledgeable. The office staff is very cordial and great to deal with.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

I got a water softener system from this company. Paid $2100 installed and one of my family members wanted the system I got. They was given a $1599 price installed and this was all in 30 days of me getting my system. Please explain the price difference for the Same system. I call the office in Tampa to question the price difference and was told by the rep someone will call me back. Still waiting on that call back???? I don’t think I will Recommend them again after this.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2020

Culligan salt cost twice as much as other places. Do not buy there. Culligan #50 11.75 Tsc Menards, Walmart #40 cost 4.29-4.50. I called culligan and receptionist said she knows and been fighting them for years on this.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

Culligan of Phoenix is very easy to do business with. Their water tastes great and is always on time. They are very reasonably priced compared to other water delivery services in the valley. Highly recommend these good people.

Culligan Company Information