3.6/5 (277 ratings)

About Cub Cadet

Cub Cadet engineers, designs and builds outdoor power equipment using high-quality components sourced locally and globally. Through a dedicated and extensive network of dealers and retailers, Cub Cadet delivers a full line of high-performance power equipment and services that cover all aspects of grounds care for professionals and homeowners. Its products include four-wheel-steer zero-turn riders, lap-bar zero-turn riders, utility vehicles, lawn and garden tractors, specialty turf products, battery- and gasoline-powered handheld and chore products, snow blowers and more. Based in Valley City, Ohio, Cub Cadet is recognized worldwide for its legacy in engineering excellence and its dedication to designing for the people who depend on the company's equipment.

Cub Cadet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cub Cadet?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cub Cadet?

Original review: Aug. 7, 2021

I like the comfort of the seat, this is important, and the ease of drivability. It isn't a zero turn, but it cuts around my new trees easily. My yard is not flat and that doesn't stop my Cub, it cuts evenly not matter the slope. Clean-up and maintenance are both relatively easy. Much better than a push mower.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

I have a Cub Cadet Zero-Turn Radius Mower that I purchased from a previous owner. I used it for years on a very rough lawn with lots of exposed tree roots, etc. and consequently beat it up pretty well. It has performed admirably with very little service required. I still own the mower today and use it on a virtually perfect lawn with only a few rough spots next to the construction next door. I have been very happy with this mower.

Get buying tips about Riding Mower delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

GREAT LAWN MACHINE, it's tough, really cuts neat and fun to use. Sorry I can't say enough about it. I love it, unfortunately mine finally gave out and I can't afford another. I can't work and I'm disabled. My poor wife has to cut the grass in front and side of the house with a push mower and she is 70 years old. We don't cut the backyard now. The lot is 1.07 acres.

Original review: July 31, 2021

I purchased a Cub Cadet 50 in cut riding mower last year. I love it. I just do not love tbe cost of blades for this mower. It cost almost $85.00 for blades. The original blades did last one season. The mower handles and maneuvers like a champ. I would recommend this mower for anyone with a very large yard. It is an awesome Mower!

Original review: July 30, 2021

My Cub Cadet was easy to maneuver and cut the grass evenly and best of all it mulched the clippings, so it was easy to clean up afterwards. I only have 69 hours on the mower and it has not failed to meet my needs. I bought the mower from the Home Depot and made interest free payments to make my purchase. The mower looks as good now as when I got it.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2021

Purchased a Cub Cadet XT1 Enduro LT 50 in. Fabricated Deck 24 HP V-Twin Kohler 7000 Series Engine Hydrostatic Drive Gas Riding Lawn Tractor at Home Depot. I ordered it online and when it arrived 3 weeks later the entire plastic engine cover and control panel were crushed in. I had to refuse the delivery. I ordered another one and 3 more weeks later it arrived and outward it looked ok. As I unpackaged the tractor I again found the Plastic Engine cover broken in several places as well as the PTO control panel broken apart. Areas under the engine cover also broken. I called Cub Cadet hoping they would help me since this is my second tractor of theirs that was damaged upon arrival. I was told that the only way they could help me is if I actually paid for the repairs on the new tractor, they would not send me any parts and I would have to get the tractor to a place and pay to get it fixed.

The way they create these tractors is horrible. They are completely open on on top and the sides. They seem to mostly rely on plastic wrap for protection. The worst part I found was the cheaply designed plastic engine cover. It is so thin I cannot imagine this thing lasting more than a season without breaking from the vibration. I have again returned this Tractor to Home Depot and I will never again purchase a Cub Cadet product. Which is a shame since I purchased a snow blower years ago and that is a quality piece and have never had a problem with it. When I called Customer Service the guy I spoke to was so unhelpful and was acting like I had no business calling them. This is a horrible way to treat a customer and really left me with a bad feeling about Cub Cadet as a company.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

I’ve only had my Cub Cadet for approximately 8 hrs and now it sits in the garage not able to be used. Come to find out these mowers are notorious for battery problems and electrical kinks. The battery only costs $1400.00! My opinion, stick with gas mowers or maybe another brand of electric mower because Cub Cadet does not have the electric mowers figured out by far!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2021

I am over a month out from my order and I still haven’t received the part yet. Not only that, but there has been no communication from Cub Cadet about the order’s status. I have been having to push mow our 1 1/2 acre lot because I can’t use my riding lawn mower without this part. I can’t get the part any place but from Cub Cadet, so I am stuck until it comes in. There are no means of redress or assistance. Twice I have been in the queue to receive help, only to be cut off before receiving that help. On the third call, I finally reached a customer service agent only to be told it would be another month before the part was available.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

Have it for over 5 years - never any issues. Just need to make sure to clean it after each use, and empty the gas tank before the winter so it does not stall in the spring. It has amazing power also. I can cut grass up to my knees no problem at all.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

Worthless products. Don’t stand behind anything. Mower broke after not but two seasons. Drive for front wheel assist don’t work. Don’t mow any deeper grass. Boggs out and shuts off. Trimmer don’t start well or stay running. Runs tough sounds like it wants to die or blow up. Never again.

Cub Cadet author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Cub Cadet has created American-made riding lawn mowers since 1961. They create mid-range to high-end riding mowers for homeowners and landscapers seeking high-end features and mowers capable of handling large yards.

• Riding mower variety: This company offers garden and lawn tractors and zero-turn mowers. A lawn tractor is another term for a standard riding lawn mower, while a garden tractor is a heavier version with a larger engine. Garden tractors typically handle difficult mowing jobs and yards larger than 3 acres.

• 4-acre capacity: Robust riding mowers handle massive lawns and lots with ease.

• Good terrain handling: Several Cub Cadet riding mower models focus on powerful engines capable of dealing with slopes and hilly terrain.

• Maneuverability: Zero-turn mowers provide high-performance handling and cut down on lawn do-overs.

• Commercial options: Cub Cadet provides commercial-grade riding mower options alongside its residential selection.

Cub Cadet Company Information