Cub Cadet

Compare Riding Mowers

Research top Riding Mowers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Looking at all three reviews and can't believe what I'm seeing. I bought a xt3 gse 54" mower, from dealer last yr. It's 11/2/16, and I have 150 hrs. of trouble free mowing. I mow 3.5 acres, about 5 to 6 hrs. of mowing of rolling hills. I grease it often, and blow the filters out. Oil changes also I do, when the tractor tells me to. My cubby hasn't missed a beat. I work it, but don't abuse it. I've put lights up front and one in the back. That was the only problem I had with the dealership, they told me that would void my warranty. We went around and around. I just told them, "it's a tractor and Cub Cadet to boot, I don't need your warranty." Had Cub Cadet all my life, and one Simplicity. I would never change from them. Liking the cubby more every time I'm on it. Keep up the good work, warranty department needs some help, but can't be perfect I suppose.

I have owned 2 other Cub Cadet models in the past. MTD is the actual manufacturer of these mowers found at the big box stores. I have been pleased with the line until buying this LTX Cub model. There are so many things wrong with the engineering of the unit, this translates to having to work on the tractor after just about every time I use it. MTD has done its best to cut the features and design of this line I am assuming to increase revenue but in the same move ruined the line/brand of Cub Cadet. Cub Cadet parent company should rethink the licensing agreement they have with MTD on their brand. I have heard that Cub itself makes a great product but I will never find out as NEVER would I buy a Cub Cadet again (from any of the manufacturers).

My experience with this brand is not good. The original LTX 1040 I had lasted one season before the brakes/clutch went out at the top of my very steep driveway that is about 150 ft long. I had to jump off mower when it became evident I could not stop it. It crashed into a ditch and was completely destroyed. Cub Cadet did replace it. Speed ahead 4 years. Had no problems with the replacement until last weekend. I mowed the yard like normal and went around back of house to use the weed eater. I came back around to front yard to find the mower on fire. Took smoking chassis to dealer where purchased.

They gave it the ole college try to get some consideration even though it was out of warranty. I called Cub Cadet and told them that I understood the warranty was expired and that they were not "obligated" to do anything. But did ask if there was any consideration that could be extended given the numerous incidents of this type of thing happening as evidenced on this website. One time consideration such as a voucher towards the purchase of a new unit or a pro-rated refund based on a 10 yr lifespan. They told me contact Kohler and/or to file under homeowners insurance. I am going to replace the mower, just not with a Cub Cadet.

I bought my husband a Z-Force 48" 24 HP Kohler Engine Zero-Turn Mower for our 1-acre lot about 3 months ago. I would like to say that I bought it from Home Depot and they were no help when it came to customer service and knowing what would be a good fit for our needs so I did my research online and we decided on this mower. I'd like to say my husband loved his gift and adores his mower. He follows the instructions for care and cleans the filter after each use and uses the app that keeps tracks of his hours and notifies us when it's time for maintenance. We could not be more pleased with this purchase.

I purchased my mower in may 2012. I only have 70 hours on it. Does that tell you anything? Yes it has been hung up most of the time due to broken belts. Seems to eat belts faster than I can purchase them. I'm in Hawaii and those belts are not cheap. Recently paid $54.00 locally. I have already purchased 8 belts and that has gotten me only the 70 hours. Would NOT recommend this mower. It's a piece of crap. Will tell everyone not to purchase Cub Cadet products.

I spent a lot of money for my mower from Home Depot, a mower that can't be used. I think I'll check with the state dept of consumer affairs to see what can be done about a company that continues to sell defective equipment. Wish I could get my money back so I can purchase another brand so I can do the job this one was suppose to. Again DO NOT PURCHASE CUB CADET PRODUCTS. CRAPPY EQUIPMENT! I'm also going to post my experience on social media to get the word out. Pissed off in Hawaii!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cub Cadet?

I bought a Cub Cadet garden tractor in 2011. I changed the oil, oil filter, and fuel filters every year. On September 20th of 2016 I was cutting the grass and the Kohler Engine burst into flames. I even got injured jumping from the tractor. Cub Cadet did nothing except waste my time. They were more than willing to let it go to litigation. Note that Cub Cadet, MTD, and Yard Machines are all the same company! The scariest thing is my son would ride on this when I wasn't mowing!!

My old LT46 Cub lawn tractor finally expired after about 8 years of mowing 1 acre of hilly, semi-rough ground. The hydrostatic transaxle finally said 'enough'. I also used this tractor to pull a cyclone fencing road drag over our community gravel road several times a year. It had a 3-blade stamped steel deck, 20 hp Kohler twin, hydrostatic drive. Never had any major issues with this great mower, even with pretty rough treatment. VERY tough, reliable tractor for all those years!

As I'd had such great service from this mower, I naturally wanted another. The closest replacement I could find was their new XT2 Enduro 46". I purchased the mower, ordered the mulch kit, and today I installed it and mowed my lawn. Not a positive experience by any stretch! The first issue I had was the starter motor not engaging the flywheel, but just free-spinning. It finally engaged and started. So out to the property to mow! Follows a list of complaints about this mower: It rides like a DUMP TRUCK! I have a bad back, and this thing just beats the devil out of me! I let air out of the tires (now @ 5 lbs.) but it did not help much! My old C/C rode MUCH better! I bounce off the seat continually, and every time I do the engine quits of course, due to the 'safety switch' under the seat! So I nullified it, as it was driving me nuts!

NO TRACTION! I went with the 2 series mainly for the tire upgrade, and it was totally worthless! On a hillside trying to make a shallow turn, it just sits and spins the wheel. Again, my old C/C RARELY lost traction, but this new unit does so REGULARLY, and in the most ridiculously easy maneuvers, even with the tires deflated. NOT GOOD AT ALL! The 'reverse' switch/button that is supposed to allow you to back up without the p.t.o. dropping out is totally unreliable, working occasionally, not working most of the time!

The stamped steel deck is VERY NOISY!! When mowing over twigs and pine cones, etc. it sounds like it's crushing gravel! REALLY LOUD! Again, my old C/C had a stamped steel deck, but it was made of heavier material and was much quieter! I also bumped into my rockery with the front of the deck while mowing next to it, severely BENDING the front anti-scalping wheels' bracket. I can't tell you how many times I'd done the same thing with the old C/C and NEVER bent anything! I used to literally bounce off the rockery at times while trying to mow as close as I could, and never any damage!

The deck lift handle is placed to close to the seat. On hillsides with my old C/C I could slide my butt over the side of the seat to place more weight on the uphill side for better balance/traction. I tried that today, only to have the lever rudely tell me I can't do that now! NOT HELPFUL! Also, to mow at the same level as the mid height position of my old C/C I now have to have the deck at its highest position. So in tall, heavy grass, I cannot raise the deck high enough to cut w/out stalling! VERY BAD! Also the deck spits clippings all over me with the mulching kit! Did not have this issue with the old mower!

About the only positive thing I have to say about this lousy piece of equipment is the steering is very good. It turns tightly and effortlessly. But I'd definitely take my old mower back in a heartbeat! In hindsight I should have purchased a replacement transaxle, and just kept my reliable LT. Too late now! The forward/reverse foot controls are poorly designed, their engagement is crude, and I don't like the layout at all. Same with the brake pedal! My old C/C's controls were MUCH better! Cruise control: This was infinitely adjustable on my old C/C, but this new one wants to go in steps. Of course it's either too slow, then it's too fast in the next step! Awful!

The throttle lever is placed rotated and too far to the left, so I keep banging it with my knee at low engine speed. Yes, I know you're supposed to mow at full engine speed, but there are times when you need to throttle back, like when you have NO TRACTION! Another POOR design! In fact most of this mower is of a poor design! As the old saying goes, 'If it ain't broke, DON'T FIX IT'! My advice would be to look elsewhere for your new mower, and stay well clear of the new Cubs! Like most everything else in this country today, they're now basically junk, and a far cry from their earlier machines and good reputation! Very sad!

LTX1040 - Worst lawnmower ever! Didn't have 30 hours on it before the PTO handle need replacing. It was bent!!! How does that happen with a senior citizen (lady) driving it all the time! Do not think the deck was adjusted properly. Have it up to the third slot from the top and still only cut an inch off! The bagger was not designed by anyone sober. It does not stay in place - the hooks over the bolt on the frame attachment. The tubes do not stay together or just does not bag. Must be a specific angle for these that eludes me. Worst decision ever!!!

How can I start this? WHAT A PIECE OF JUNK (and this is putting it nicely). Bought this thing from Home Depot 3 months ago. I cut the grass once and they thing just stop cutting the grass. I called the warranty company as I had purchased an additional warranty like I do for big ticket items. $1800.00 to be precise. They send contact Alex Mower service and have them complete the work which I did. They came out to the house, picked it up and brought it back. It cut one more time then stopped again. Called them again. They came out to the house, they so called fixed it, they tried cutting a section of grass. It worked and then stopped again.

Called them again. They came and picked it up. 7 week later and several calls there after I still had not gotten my mower back. Yesterday evening I got my mower back. I fired it up and was happy cause the grass was getting cut. It was so high I could hide a Volkswagen in it. Well guess what? You got it, it still doesn't cut the grass. Going back up to Home Depot now.

I bought a Cub Cadet chainsaw. Big mistake. You cannot buy a replacement chain anywhere but calling Cub Cadet. The prices are high and they had shipping and handling charges. No retailer sells the replacement blades. They couldn't give me a dealer anywhere near me. Any other chainsaw I have had, I was able to go to Tractor Supply or Home Depot and get one. But not Cub Cadet. Tried the website. I keyed in chainsaw blades and it takes to lawn mower blade. So frustrating and inconvenient. It's ridiculous.

I purchased a XT3 Enduro from a local Cub Cadet dealer, salesperson recommended this tractor for my type of yard and needs. Was so excited to receive my special order the beginning of 2016 mowing season however delivery was delayed due to problem with steering/turning. Had to order a new replacement parts. Few weeks later the part came in, was put on the mower and delivered to my house. Fantastic! Within hours of mowing for the first time a bolt came out of the seat adjustment rail. Every time I turned a corner the seat would tip over and stop the mower blade (safety feature). Frustrating!

Then with around 25 hours on the mower the transmission started leaking. Called the dealership and they came out, picked the mower up, replaced an o-ring on the transmission and changed the oil for me since I couldn't get the oil plug off. Why would Cub Cadet put Loctite on a oil plug that's on fitting that's on the end of a rubber drain hose? Stupid! Poor design.

Not finished yet! The dealership delivered the mower within a week. Yeah!! Started mowing my grass again then "nothing"! Engine on but blades not moving, the PTO belt broke. What is going on? Bought a new belt, put it on, runs like a charm until yesterday. Now the throttle lever won't move, can't get the engine to accelerate so no grass moving AGAIN. Called dealership. They are going to pick up and repair the throttle cable. Oh and while they're at it they are going to find out why sometimes the cutting height lever won't move that adjusts the deck to different heights. Last chance Cub Cadet! Paid way too much money for this mower.

If you are looking for a mulching mower keep looking. You have to mow your lawn twice in order for it to give a decent cut. When I bought it I specified I did a lot of leave mulching in the fall and it does not even cut up the few leaves I have right now. Customer service at Cub Cadet now says the blade was not designed for mulching leaves. They offer special blades for their other mowers but not the CC30H. Would have never bought it if I knew that.

I purchased a new a Cub Cadet XT2 a year ago from my local dealer. I almost bought the XT1 at a local big box store, but found out quickly that's a bad idea. The XT1 is strictly a big box store mower. Dealers don't carry them. My XT2 was only $200 more than the XT1. It's been a great mower since day 1. Only problem I had is the spring on the deck got stretched out and the belt came off. The dealer had it fixed within 30 minutes. After a year of ownership it has a little over 80 hours and still runs and cuts like new. My local dealer takes care of their customers.

If you are looking to buy a Cub, please buy from a reputable dealer and not the big box stores. You will see a huge difference in the service and quality of the products. The XT1 and big box stores have given Cub Cadet a bad rep. I initially only planned on keeping my XT2 for a year then trading it in on a John Deere, but I've decided to go with one Cub's Z-Force SX zero turn mowers with the steering wheel. It's absolutely amazing machine. All wheel steering, 25 hp Kawasaki (all these others now have Kohler engines) and it's built like a tank. My XT2 has the 21.5 hp Kawasaki in it. Puts the Kohler in the XT1 to shame.

My point is, buy directly from a dealer and you will be happy. The stuff they sell at the big box stores are literally entry level mowers that just aren't built to handle large mowing jobs or rough terrain. That goes for Cub, Deere, Husqvarna, and others sold at these stores. Everyone blames Cub and MTD for their problems, but the XT2 and XT3 are MTD products and they are built to last.

Purchased a Cub Cadet riding mower back in late April of 2016 with less than 14 hours on it. The mower will not start after checking voltage on battery and talking with Cub Cadet they told me to take it to a certified service center. The local service center told me they couldn't even look at it for a month. A month later they tell me same thing. I called Cub again they tell me that's all they can do. I told them I wanted to either exchange the mower or get my money back. They tell me to take it back to place of purchase which was Tractor supply. They tell me on the phone to bring it back so I drove 45 min to take it back and then they tell me there is nothing they can do. I paid 2600 dollars for this mower and used it for less than 14 hours and no one wants to take responsibility. Now it's Aug 9, 2016 and I still have a mower that will not run .

I bought Cub CAdet XT1 in April of 2016. I like it BUT when I mow I get covered in grass big time. I have a mulch plug in it but everything is blowing out under the front of the deck then blowing back on me. I'm sick of it. I had an old Snapper that I never got covered and it mulched everything easily. Is there a way to stop this from happening?

Model series 2000 GTX2100 2013 year - Purchased Cub Cadet in 2013 brand new from MRK, Princeton In. Bought a lemon. Have nothing but problems with the machine. It has less than 300 hours on it. Bought top of line garden tractor, I thought. Dealer is no help and Cub Cadet manufacturer isn't either. The shift that controls the steering has been replaced twice and the gears and pivot have also been replaced. The machine has had annual check-ups on it. Paid $5,000.00 three years ago.

Bought this machine cub cadet xt2 gx54 2016 2 weeks ago, 3500 dollars. After using it twice it suddenly starting stalling. I called my dealer, they said they didn't know why. Also a nut came off the back lug. So come to find out this particular machine has problems that Cub Cadet is hiding. What a piece of junk. There is a fuel delivery flaw and vapor lock issue and the dealer is supposed to rig some type of garage to fix it. I have to say thank god my dealer was reputable. I told them I didn't want it and they gave a full refund. Also this had a 26 hp engine and couldn't even move me in reverse! Junk.

Bought this mower new in 2013. Since then I have replaced 6 deck belts (62.00 a piece). Took to dealership after 4 belts. They told me there was a recall on design of deck pulleys so they replaced 1 pulley with a much wider one. Since then I have broken 2 belts. Now my warranty is out. Called cub cadet direct. Told me there was no recall so I would be responsible for payment. I'm gonna sell mower and cut my losses. Worst purchase I have ever made. Never again.

We bought a new riding mower from Cub Cadet in Kingsport, Tennessee. It has spent almost as much time in the shop as at home. The deck, fabricated which is supposed to be top of line, has came off three times. We had only had the mower a few days when it happened the first time. They have now fixed it twice. Both times took weeks. Never fixed. Dealer states he "can only do what Cub Cadet will allow him to do." This shop is chronically backed up for weeks. Don't take anything there you want back anytime soon. Cub Cadet does not stand behind their products. Have no sense of customer service. Buy somewhere else!!! Oh, btw, they had the nerve to suggest we were having problems with deck because we "were hitting rocks or stumps". Idiot. This is the same yard I've been mowing for 17 years and none of my previous mowers lost their decks!!!

Battery bad after 20 hours of service, less than 10 months old. Advertised as having 3 year warranty but fine print says no warranty on normal wear and tear. After asking factory rep it is determined that all part have wear and tear so mower has no warranty if factory determines wear and tear. DO NOT buy an MTD. Product warranty is not worth the paper it's written on.

Bought a rider mower two years ago, has 11.5 hours on it. First warranty took 5 months to get back motor shaft sheared in half. Had them do maint on it for winter and sharpen blades. The blades were improperly installed and sheared off the spindles messing the deck up. Dickey Bub's in Potosi is where I bought it from. This second time I was told, "Yes 6 weeks to even look at it. If you don't like it, take it somewhere else." Called and spoke to Carl ** at Cub Cadet, was reassured that Milbrandt in Olive, Mo. was good. Took it there. Well that was three weeks ago and picked it up today and was told it was not covered under warranty. Do not buy Cub Cadet or any thing from Milbrandt or Dickey Bub. They do not care about the customer.

I bought this POS 3 years ago. I was told how wonderful Cub Cadet products were having no prior experience. I should have gotten the message when the delivery driver dropped it 3 1/2 miles from my house at a feed store and called for me to pick it up. I had explained to the delivery company and selling store (Tractor Supply) that I lived on a dirt road way out in the country and needed a lift gate truck. The driver said he had a new trailer and didn't want to get it dirty or scratched by tree limbs. So here I sit with a crated mower 3 1/2 miles from me with no way to haul it or lift it. After frantic calls, I located someone who brought his horse trailer and charged me an additional $50 to drive the distance to my house. It only got worse from that point on with this POS.

It worked great for about the first 15-20 hours. Then it started getting hard to start, wouldn't keep a charge and the cutting quality went to hell. The worst part was the blade drive belt would pop off after about 3-5 hours of use. Not only is that a real nuisance to reinstall but about every other time it would cut the belt. Those cost me between $24-35 each. Then about 45 hours it just refused to cut in anything but position 10. I wrote to Cub who ignored my letter. I tried calling but never could get through. I finally sent a return receipt requested letter to them which they finally answered stating they never heard from me before. Long story short they told me the belt issue was a known problem and they had a service bulletin. Recommended I take it to their service center. OK. It's almost 60 miles away but what the hell!

After 5 weeks of them fooling around I picked it up and they didn't fix the issues as they said there was no SB. We called the factory and they confirmed that. LIES. My warranty work cost me almost $300. When I got home I called Cub and was told that "warranty decisions are up to the service center". HUH? Fox guarding the hen house? So The PTO lever bushings that fell out after 45 hrs and the belts popping off and the charging system not working are MY FAULT? So it did cut for a while. Live and learn. Then about 60+ hrs it started the same thing. Another letter and email (now I had a name!) and they agreed to send it to another shop. This one did pick up and deliver as it was about 50 miles in another direction.

After a week it came back. It cost me more out of pocket money to fix all the things they had agreed to do to "make it like new" again. They replaced the squealing left front axle assy, both blade spindles, the belt and some other adjustments. Great! Then I discovered they had disconnected my parking brake and cruise control which are very useful features. Well it cut for about 15 hrs and then started popping belts and cutting poorly and the cutting height got higher and higher until we were back at #10 only and that was only intermittent with zero cutting at times.

I resigned myself to the fact that I had been royally screwed by TSC and Cub and other than cutting, the engine was strong and it DID MOVE under its own power. So I just used it to tow my chipper and small trailer. I used it this way for several months as I was fed up dealing with Cub and their incompetent service people. My wife though... decided to get involved as it was nearing the 3 year "warranty" period and called Cub. The nice man there agreed to "make it like new again" and sent us to another service center close to 100 miles away with the assurance that everything would be fixed per Cub's expense to have a 100% tractor.

Well after 3 weeks and 2 round trips to the dealer I forked over another $280 for non-warranty things. I was told it wouldn't hold a charge because one needs to run the engine at full RPM ALL THE TIME! What? That's just stupid and NOT mentioned in the manuals. Well, the charges were because it was out of warranty at 140 hrs. What? We called Cub and they had no notes or recollection of the conversations. Thank you Cub!

Anyway we brought it home and it worked great, even better than when it was new... for not quite 5 hrs. Then it started slipping and we went back up to cutting position #10 until it finally just quit cutting. Not again! SO... I have a very expensive POS to haul my chipper and trailer but now I'm pricing some other form of grass cutting. My recommendation for a riding mower is ANYTHING OTHER THAN A CUB CADET as the warranty is OF NO VALUE, the company will not stand behind it nor tell the truth and THE THING IS A REAL POS.

We bought a new LX50 Cub Cadet from our local co-op on 4-25-15. April 2016, one rear wheel axle begin leaking, due to seal failure. 3 weeks in shop to repair!

June 9, the other rear wheel axle seal failed and our mower has been in the shop 12 days waiting on repairs. Has anyone else had these breakdown of seals? Frustrating.

I have had nothing but trouble out of this mower. It is junk. When I call service in it was in warranty. By the time they found someone to look at it my warranty had ran out and they would not fix it. Save yourself some time and money. Stay away from Cub Cadet.

Mower 3 years old, deck spindles replaced last year due to failure, same thing again this year! This creates a dangerous situation where the blades might break at high speed causing harm to someone. I'll have to say I'll now attempt one more fix to the deck and see if it works. It was caused by the spindle screws that hold it to the deck backing out and falling off. This causes the assembly to tilt and the blade hits the ground or deck! A dangerous condition!

RZT42. First day bought it it gave me trouble and has not gotten any better. Only has a little more than a hundred hours on it now, and still messing up. l will never recommend Cub Cadet to anyone and will never buy another product with the name Cub Cadet on it.

What a POS!!! Stay away!!! This mower has 25 hrs. on it. The blades stopped working. Week 1, Called HD Warranty service. 1st service provider they gave me was out of business. He called back after about a week to tell me that. Called back HD service. Week 2, called 2nd service provider. He did not do at home repairs "as promised by HD". When I bought the damn thing, but he could pick it up, take it to the shop, and repair it after he received the work order from HD.

Week 3, picked up mower and hauled to shop. Week 4-5, called shop. Shop having trouble diagnosing the problem. Week 6, found problem, can't find part #. Called Cub Cadet (MTD) for part identification and ordered part. Part on back order. Week 7 & 8, on hold for part. Week 9, got mower back, now working. Lawn 2.50 ft. tall now. What a mess. Cub Cadet brand has been cheapened by MTD to the point it is junk and the service after the sale sucks. I will never again purchase a Cub Cadet product.

After reading all of the reviews here, I actually feel much better. Still just as ripped off, but better. Anyway, I am with virtually all of these other reviews: do yourself a favor and do not buy cub cadet products. I bought a LTX 1046 VT lawn tractor with a 46" deck back in 2010. I have roughly 2 acres of mowable land on my lot. I have tried to mow this yard 8 times with this mower since I bought it. ALL 8 times something major on the mower has broken.

On the first use I was going along and the front of the mowing deck dug into the ground and bent (but not catastrophically). I was so pissed. I wasn't even halfway through my yard on the first use and a major breakdown. Anyway, it turned out to be that the pin that holds the rod that hold up the front of the mowing deck just wasn't there. It didn't fall out (it can't). It just was never there. Then I noticed that one of the cotter pins that is supposed to hold up the back of the mowing deck was missing too!! This caused the deck to not sit flat, which apparently it does not handle well at all. I didn't have a cotter pin handy, so I used bailing wire to temporarily hold the back of the deck up so I could finish mowing and I found something to pin the front of the deck up as well. When I got done with this first mow (which was lucky) I tried calling on my extended warranty to get these missing items repaired and no luck.

Side note: I bought the mower at Tractor Supply, and I paid $300 dollars for the extended warranty. THAT was a complete waste of $300. After the first time the mower broke, they refused to work on it, because I had made modifications to the mower. The modifications? I made the mistake of telling them that I had wired up a spot where there was a missing cotter pin. That was the modification. After talking to them for over an hour they basically let me know there was no way I could get the mower back into condition where they would service the mower under my extended warranty. It was the most amazing double talk I have ever experienced on the phone. I am sure their folks are trained heavily on how NOT to service anyone under that warranty. That is the last time I have done business with Tractor Supply as well.

So, I finally got the correct replacement parts for the mower to put it into the condition it should have been when I bought it. They weren't cheap parts either!! Then the second time I went to mow, For reasons I cannot explain one of the blade spindles (the deck has two blades) broke. The housing on the thing just broke. The replacement was over $200. I didn't even try the warranty at this point. I don't have time to sit on the phone that long. In the 8 times I have tried to mow my yard with this mower, I have replaced 5 spindles. :)

So, the 3rd time I went to mow, everything was going along great, and then I heard this awful sound when I was turning a corner. That was a trifecta breakdown. The weld on the one of the front deck wheels broke and the cheap plastic wheel and its metal frame went under the deck, the front of that side of the deck dropped of course, which caused the deck belt to get jammed in the deck pulleys (and thus shredded), and another spindle cracked for reasons I could not explain. Fortunately, the blades were okay. So, I re-welded the front tire back on. Waited forever for a replacement spindle to show up, and went and bought a new heinously expensive deck belt.

The 4th time I took the mower out, the other front wheel weld broke (you would think I would have checked that, but of course I thought that had to be a fluke). These welds were basically rusted through, which to this day I still don't know how they achieved that little trick. I have never seen rust like that before. Eventually I had to reweld all of the wheels back on the deck. The deck is REALLY cheap metal, and apparently not coated underneath in any way. Nice workmanship!

Long story short I have replaced, like I said 5 spindles and I have replaced the main deck belt 4 times. It takes a while, but you can finally beat reality into my head. So, after the 8th time trying to mow with this mower I gave up. My yard grows wild now as I have no way to cut it except a weed eater and I am not doing that over several acres.

It's absolute insanity to me that someone can make something so badly and get this many bad reports and I still see their commercials on TV. I hope all of these negative reviews help someone else from wasting their money. The one bright spot was I got the VT option mower, which had the Briggs and Stratton engine. THAT thing has never failed and I plan on using the engine in a custom mower build when I get time to make it. I still use the Cub Cadet (after filling the constantly deflating tires with air, and charging the constantly depleting battery as others have mentioned) with a small trailer to help around the place. That motor in that thing is awesome. I guess that is why they don't carry a model with the Briggs and Stratton motor anymore. Either Briggs and Stratton decided not to do business with these morons (and give their motors a bad name), OR cub cadet couldn't have such quality in their otherwise complete crap mowers.

Purchased this 3500 piece of junk sltx 1050 mower. Nothing but problems, 200 hrs, transmission is garbage. There was a recall but mine doesn't qualify. Kohler engine is only good thing about this, but I guarantee they are used on more than Cub Cadet, or other mtd family mowers. If you purchase a cub, have some residual income lying around for pulleys, belts, blades, decks. Yes decks. These are thin crap too. Buy a Deere!

NOT WORTH $300 when they want to keep tractor for two weeks, the case with warranty service on my Cub Cadet lawn tractor. Tractor has 13 hours on it and the seat switch has failed. Now it sits at aswell's garage in Suffolk and the $300 extended warranty I paid to Tractor Supply isn't worth the paper it's written on It. Will take 2 weeks just to look at it. I called another service provider. They won't do warranty work on tractors they did not sell but can do the repair in 2-3 days If I pay for it. I should have bought somewhere else. What a mistake.

Compare Riding Mower