2. Homeowners
  3. Riding Mowers

Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.52/5

Cub Cadet engineers, designs and builds outdoor power equipment using high-quality components sourced locally and globally. Through a dedicated and extensive network of dealers and retailers, Cub Cadet delivers a full line of high-performance power equipment and services that cover all aspects of grounds care for professionals and homeowners. Its products include four-wheel-steer zero-turn riders, lap-bar zero-turn riders, utility vehicles, lawn and garden tractors, specialty turf products, battery- and gasoline-powered handheld and chore products, snow blowers and more. Based in Valley City, Ohio, Cub Cadet is recognized worldwide for its legacy in engineering excellence and its dedication to designing for the people who depend on the company's equipment.

Cub Cadet Shop Now

Find deals on a new lawn mower

Shop and compare today on Cub Cadet

Visit Website

Find deals on a new lawn mower

Shop and compare today on Cub Cadet

Visit Website

Cub Cadet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cub Cadet?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cub Cadet?

Original review: July 28, 2020

Frame Design Flaw. Steel is not thick enough on the front frame assembly. 3 months old and it cracked completely in half and broke all the welds. 30 days have gone by without answers from Cub Cadet regarding warranty. I understand things break down but there but not like this on a machine with only 90 hours.

Original review: July 26, 2020

Cub Cadet blade spindles are sealed preventing lubrication. Catastrophic failure is eminent by design. A very poorly engineered product. ALL cutting decks require seasonal lubrication for smooth operation and reliable dependability. Our government should really start regulating manufacturers products in order to protect consumers from this kind of "junk". To Cub Cadet engineers: Really? I mean come on. This is negligence at its worst regarding engineered quality. People deserve better for their hard earned money. This "ain't" right!

Get buying tips about Riding Mower delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 21, 2020

I own a 3 year old ProZ 500 professional series mower used for our residential property. We have had the mower professionally serviced every year at a certified Cub Cadet dealership and have less than 250 hours on the machine. We take impeccable care of our mower and expected to get a quality product built to last. That's not what we got. Every year we have had issues with fuses needing to be replaced, a minor thing but still a nuisance. This year, we had it serviced and after mowing one time the next time the left lever went out. Per the service center the transmission hydraulic pump is bad which they said "should never happen". We are 2 months outside of the warranty and service said we should call to try and have it covered because it is such a major part and should not fail.

We spoke to Cub Cadet's representative who was rude, condescending and basically said it is outside warranty so too bad. This is a major part failure that will cost almost $1500 to repair. If this fails after 235 hours how is this "professional series" meant to be used if someone wanted your product for a lawn business or a very large property, it's not. So what I gather is they build a poorly crafted machine, not meant to last and then don't stand behind your product. Frankly, this is why people don't buy American products. My neighbors with Kubota mowers aren't having these issues. They have great mowers and apparently good customer service. I will never buy a Cub Cadet again and wouldn't recommend one to anyone.

Original review: July 6, 2020

I ordered parts for my ST-100 string mower and after several weeks I was contacted by someone who told me that he received my order by mistake but he called and let the company know what had happened. I waited a couple of weeks to see if the company would fix the problem on their own. No surprise, the did not. Customer service is only available Mon-Fri 8:30 to 5:00. I’m in Washington state so with the time difference that means that they close by 3:00. I started calling them at 10:50 am and waited on hold for an hour before I was disconnected.

So I called back and waited 1.5 hours before I was disconnected again. While on hold a recording said several times that I could also contact them online. I went online and requested a chat- I was told there were 58 people head of me so I waited 2.5 hours for my turn. Them the live agent told me that they couldn’t help me (I had to call in) and when I tried to object to just being dismissed after 2.5 hours, the agent disconnected me. I’m back on hold again with my phone. I first started waiting on hold at almost 11:00 and it’s now almost 2:00 and I am still on hold. All this because they made a mistake. So I either get nothing for my $50 order or I give up a whole day on hold. I am very dissatisfied.

Original review: June 25, 2020

Came brand new with front fender broken and a bent blade. It had scuff marks all over it. I was able to buff out most of that. But how am I supposed to cut grass with a blade bent over an inch. The busted plastic is also very aggravating.

Original review: June 16, 2020

Placed an order on 6/5 by phone, paid at that time. Did not get a receipt or confirmation but CC was billed. Contacted on 6/11, after 2 hour hold, for tracking info, it was not shipped yet and I was billed a second time on this date. After another 2 1/2 hour hold I got someone on the phone that said "it was delivered today and left at your door by USPS". This was a fabrication, as I know it was not. I was outside in my garden all day including the time of said delivery. He stated he was "going to confirm my information" and put me on hold AGAIN. I held for another 30 minutes then I get an automated voice ask me to "rate this customer service call" so essentially he hung up on me.

I called back and held on another 1 hour and also went online at the same time and tried to get through their "live chat". I was number 40. During the initial setup for the live chat it asked me a few questions, one being my order number. When I put my order number in it said it was "cancelled". Imagine my surprise, that not only have I been billed for an item twice, it has been cancelled without notification! The only time I received an email is from the 6/11 conversation when I had the rep stay on the line until I received the receipt and confirmation from 6/5. I would say stay as far away from this company as possible, I can not imagine if I needed a part how long it would take to get help.

Original review: June 7, 2020

I ordered a lawnmower from Cub Cadet and a few days later received a suspected spam email from a Philip F. that said “YOUR ORDER FOR ** HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO LACK OF INVENTORY. PLEASE CALL 800-269-6215 WITH ANY QUESTIONS ref:**.” When I googled the phone # it was for MTD Products who owns several brands including Cub Cadet. I could never get through on that number, and when I tried their chat, I was disconnected after a while. I eventually got a reply from contacting them on Facebook and they confirmed that my order had been canceled. Why would Cub Cadet advertise a particular lawn mower on their site and give me a confirmation if they didn’t have that item available?

Original review: May 22, 2020

Bought a riding mower, 4/24/19. Kohler engine. It has about 18 hours on it, and a full tank of gas leaked out of the carb all over the garage floor. You can NOT get a real person anywhere, tried the online chat, it doesn't work, no link opens. Tried typing in my zip code, it gave me a result in Texas (3 times). I live in Pennsylvania. I'm an older woman, no truck. I can't even take this anywhere. What good is a 3 year warranty when there's no one to contact? I will never buy another Cub Cadet, and will not shop at Tractor Supply again, either.

I'll certainly make sure no one I know does either. 2 weeks, never a real person. The one phone # I got from Kohler (again, automated) for service, the man who answered said they don't even do this. I'm currently dealing Customer Solution from Tractor Supply. The girl on the phone seems great. I hope she can get somewhere. Why didn't they give me this # 3 weeks ago instead of pushing me off????

Original review: May 11, 2020

I purchased this mower on 05/01/2020 and it was delivered on 05/06/2020. I have been trying to reach CubCadet for over a day now, to return this mower. This is a very rough riding mower, my husband's back hurts today after mowing our yard. I cannot get anyone to answer the phone. Any help would be beneficial.

Original review: April 29, 2020

Bought a brand new zero turn in May 2019. Used it one season and stored it in the shed for one month. In April 2020 it started running rough after cutting the yard a few times so took it in for repair. They claim it’s bad gas and motor needs rebuilt, this company is horrible and the lawnmower never had any gas sitting without additive in it. I cannot believe such a big company does not stand behind their mowers. Will never buy another piece of their equipment and what is the point of a warranty if they will throw blame everywhere but themselves on a brand new machine.

Cub Cadet author review by ConsumerAffairs

Cub Cadet has created American-made riding lawn mowers since 1961. They create mid-range to high-end riding mowers for homeowners and landscapers seeking high-end features and mowers capable of handling large yards.

• Riding mower variety: This company offers garden and lawn tractors and zero-turn mowers. A lawn tractor is another term for a standard riding lawn mower, while a garden tractor is a heavier version with a larger engine. Garden tractors typically handle difficult mowing jobs and yards larger than 3 acres.

• 4-acre capacity: Robust riding mowers handle massive lawns and lots with ease.

• Good terrain handling: Several Cub Cadet riding mower models focus on powerful engines capable of dealing with slopes and hilly terrain.

• Maneuverability: Zero-turn mowers provide high-performance handling and cut down on lawn do-overs.

• Commercial options: Cub Cadet provides commercial-grade riding mower options alongside its residential selection.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team