2. Homeowners
  3. Riding Mowers

Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.88/5

Cub Cadet engineers, designs and builds outdoor power equipment using high-quality components sourced locally and globally. Through a dedicated and extensive network of dealers and retailers, Cub Cadet delivers a full line of high-performance power equipment and services that cover all aspects of grounds care for professionals and homeowners. Its products include four-wheel-steer zero-turn riders, lap-bar zero-turn riders, utility vehicles, lawn and garden tractors, specialty turf products, battery- and gasoline-powered handheld and chore products, snow blowers and more. Based in Valley City, Ohio, Cub Cadet is recognized worldwide for its legacy in engineering excellence and its dedication to designing for the people who depend on the company's equipment.

Cub Cadet Shop Now

Find deals on a new lawn mower

Shop and compare today on Cub Cadet

Visit Website

Find deals on a new lawn mower

Shop and compare today on Cub Cadet

Visit Website

Cub Cadet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cub Cadet?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cub Cadet?

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

This is a zero-turn mower with a 46'' cut. plenty of horsepower. Handles twice as easy as a regular riding mower. I have lots of trees and by the time I finished mowing with my old mower I was worn out and not done sometimes at the end of the day. Cuts my mowing time almost in half!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

The Cub Cadet is easy to use, comfortable, and easy to maintain. It does a fabulous job cutting the grass. We especially like that it is 100% American made. It's big enough to do the job, but small enough to fit into the garage. The lawn has never looked better, and in about 1/4 of the time it used to take mowing with a push mower.

Get buying tips about Riding Mower delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

It's been a work horse with no problems after 2 full years of use. It's a 54-in fabricated deck it covers a lot of area quickly. The fabricated deck is heavy and well built. It starts every time and runs very well. I have two acres one of which is pretty rough and it handles it well. One thing I really like about this mower over other mowers I've had is the deck. It has a range from low to really high, over four inches high. It cuts smooth and even. As for the engine I've never had it lug down in any high grass. At this point in time I'm really happy with this mower.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

I have owned three Cub Cadet lawn tractors and have found them all to be reliable and up for the task. I mow approximately one full acre of lawn. My current model has the Kawasaki engine and it runs exceptionally well. It seems the turning radius has been reduced on this model also.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2020

Great, fast, economical machine, does a great job in no time, My lawn comes out perfect & manicured, No troubles with the Cub Cadet machine, I highly recommend to all, priced right, easy to handle, Cuts the lawn picture perfect, no issues with the Cub Cadet Lawn Mower, love it!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

3x snowblower quit after 1 season. When I moved to New Hampshire I brought with me a 27 year old snowblower that had carved a swath through nor-easters from Upstate NY to NJ. I mourned its passing, but I was optimistic about the new machine I was getting from Cub Cadet. Boy was I wrong. The millennial garbage they make nowadays can't even hold a candle to the power equipment of yore. After waiting a week to get the shear pins required everytime wet snow ices up the blades, I found out about cub cadet's legendary capacity for flooding when primed as instructed... Which left me hand shoveling my driveway again in the second snow storm of its second year of operation.

As we got into the 3rd snowfall, wet and heavy, I set out with a pocket full of shear pins to handle the drive before it got cold and turned my driveway into a skating rink. Then as I unclogged the snow blower for the third time, after replacing the SECOND set of shear pins; a burning odor crept from the machine. Shear pins intact and now clear of snow the blades spun no more. Ugh, what did I expect from a modern -nancyfied snowblower that needed shear pins to coddle its substandard engineering and power? Maybe to live longer than a hamster... Don't buy it. Get yourself a rebuilt dinosaur, or pay to have your old one repaired. You might get another 10 years out of it, which will be 7 or 8 more than with a brand new one.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2020

Customer Service is terrible! No certified repair shop where I'm located, they just brushed me off. Too bad we can't help you! Unbelievable. They were rude and simply didn't care. Nothing more to say...

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

I would not purchase any product from Cub Cadet. I had purchased this mower from Tractor Supply. The transmission went with 140 hours and Cub Cadet was very difficult to contact (no email, chats on their website disconnect you, wait times were hours on their phone number). Yes it was out of warranty but for a $2,900 machine with such low hours the transmission should never go. They had NO interest in keeping me or for that matter anyone as a customer. Poor product and even poorer customer service. Never again!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

My wife and I bought a new Cub Cadet XT1, LT42" in March to mow our own lawn with instead of paying someone else to do it for us. The first few months it would sputter and die showing low battery. So I bought a battery charger for it and charged it up..so I thought. Finally got fed up with it stalling and not being able to start it sometimes for days. I called the extended warranty number In July, and was referred to a "licensed" Cub Cadet repair shop near us. It sat at their shop for three weeks while they tried to figure out the problem.

I called the Cub Cadet number to find a different repair shop and got a different "licensed" Cub Cadet repair shop number and called them. They would need to pick up the mower from my house, so I called the first small engine repair shop and asked them to bring it back so I could have a different small engine repair shop pick it up. They delivered it a few days later, and I called the second shop to let them know I have my mower back. We went back and forth for about two weeks while they called Cub Cadet to find solutions with out having my lawn mower in the shop.

Meanwhile, I still can not get my lawn mower to stay on. Mid August (17th) comes around and the second repair shop picks up my lawn mower where it has been sitting while they try to figure out what is wrong with my mower. It is now October 6th and they are waiting on a part that may be delivered as soon as October 28th. In the meantime, I have been paying my neighbor to mow my lawn that I should have been able to mow my self.

My one hundred percent dissatisfaction is based on the first and only time I have purchased their product, and my poor experience with Cub Cadet is two fold. First is a poor quality product, and second is that the certified Cub Cadet small engine repair shops have yet to repair a product they sell. I understand that they are part of a system events, and that system needs adjusting. Particularly in a parts department where they do not have the part in stock. Which brings me to another point. If Cub Cadet does not have the part in stock, then either this is such a common problem that they have run out, or the parts department does not know how to keep parts in stock. Aside from all this, I have a great used lawn mower for sale with only about twelve hours of use on it if any one is interested.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

Have not had any issues with this mower. I recommend it highly. I use this mower 2 times a week and it has performed great. I like the deck cleaner that is built in on this mower. Cub Cadet can be very proud of this mower.

Cub Cadet author review by ConsumerAffairs

Cub Cadet has created American-made riding lawn mowers since 1961. They create mid-range to high-end riding mowers for homeowners and landscapers seeking high-end features and mowers capable of handling large yards.

• Riding mower variety: This company offers garden and lawn tractors and zero-turn mowers. A lawn tractor is another term for a standard riding lawn mower, while a garden tractor is a heavier version with a larger engine. Garden tractors typically handle difficult mowing jobs and yards larger than 3 acres.

• 4-acre capacity: Robust riding mowers handle massive lawns and lots with ease.

• Good terrain handling: Several Cub Cadet riding mower models focus on powerful engines capable of dealing with slopes and hilly terrain.

• Maneuverability: Zero-turn mowers provide high-performance handling and cut down on lawn do-overs.

• Commercial options: Cub Cadet provides commercial-grade riding mower options alongside its residential selection.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team