2. Homeowners
  3. Riding Mowers

3.8/5 (570 ratings)

About Cub Cadet

Cub Cadet engineers, designs and builds outdoor power equipment using high-quality components sourced locally and globally. Through a dedicated and extensive network of dealers and retailers, Cub Cadet delivers a full line of high-performance power equipment and services that cover all aspects of grounds care for professionals and homeowners. Its products include four-wheel-steer zero-turn riders, lap-bar zero-turn riders, utility vehicles, lawn and garden tractors, specialty turf products, battery- and gasoline-powered handheld and chore products, snow blowers and more. Based in Valley City, Ohio, Cub Cadet is recognized worldwide for its legacy in engineering excellence and its dedication to designing for the people who depend on the company's equipment.

Cub Cadet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cub Cadet?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cub Cadet?

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

This is a zero-turn mower with a 46'' cut. plenty of horsepower. Handles twice as easy as a regular riding mower. I have lots of trees and by the time I finished mowing with my old mower I was worn out and not done sometimes at the end of the day. Cuts my mowing time almost in half!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

The Cub Cadet is easy to use, comfortable, and easy to maintain. It does a fabulous job cutting the grass. We especially like that it is 100% American made. It's big enough to do the job, but small enough to fit into the garage. The lawn has never looked better, and in about 1/4 of the time it used to take mowing with a push mower.

Get buying tips about Riding Mower delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

It's been a work horse with no problems after 2 full years of use. It's a 54-in fabricated deck it covers a lot of area quickly. The fabricated deck is heavy and well built. It starts every time and runs very well. I have two acres one of which is pretty rough and it handles it well. One thing I really like about this mower over other mowers I've had is the deck. It has a range from low to really high, over four inches high. It cuts smooth and even. As for the engine I've never had it lug down in any high grass. At this point in time I'm really happy with this mower.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

I have owned three Cub Cadet lawn tractors and have found them all to be reliable and up for the task. I mow approximately one full acre of lawn. My current model has the Kawasaki engine and it runs exceptionally well. It seems the turning radius has been reduced on this model also.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2020

Great, fast, economical machine, does a great job in no time, My lawn comes out perfect & manicured, No troubles with the Cub Cadet machine, I highly recommend to all, priced right, easy to handle, Cuts the lawn picture perfect, no issues with the Cub Cadet Lawn Mower, love it!

Original review: July 22, 2021

My Cub Cadet rider mower has been in the repair shop for over 3 months waiting for delivery of a spring from Cub Cadet. It can't be fixed until the repair shop gets the spring from Cub Cadet. I contacted Cub Cadet Customer Service and all they told me was they are working on finding new/other sources.

Original review: July 17, 2021

So we got a Cub Cadet rider mower 4 or 5 years ago maybe. We did call them about the problems we are having with it and they said to bring it to them. I have no way of getting it there. One one was able to help because I needed to bring it to them! I had John Deere rider mowers but thought I would give this a shot. NO. NEVER AGAIN! I will NEVER get this MOWER again. Save some Money and get a JOHN DEERE. This has been one problem after another. We have just about replaced everything but the engine still not working right. I'm just sick of place that take your money and leave you with crap. We have been having starting issues after we had it for one year! I have never had a problem EVER with my JOHN DEERE. So I guess I'm going to have to go buy a JOHN DEERE now. Just tired of wasting money. NEVER NEVER AGAIN. PLEASE don't WASTE YOUR MONEY!

Original review: July 9, 2021

There is a breaded cable that lifts the mower deck and positions it at the appropriate height for your yard. I have replace both of these beaded cables every other year for the past 15 years that I've owned the mower at a cost of $20 from the local Cub Cadet Service Center. The service center said that Cub has known about this issue since these mowers have landed in the showroom and CUB WILL DO NOTHING ABOUT A RECALL OR REDESIGN THE LIFTING DEVICE. Be advised that if you have one of the older mowers this will be a routine failure. I took the breaded cable to a machine shop and had them make an identical part out of steel which works great. Cub Cadet should have done this when they first learned of the problem, but as other have indicated, they claim no responsibility for design failures and broken parts.

Original review: July 8, 2021

Mower had 70 hours on it when Kawasaki 1000V engine started shooting fire out muffler and extreme blowby of oil out dipstick. Cub Cadet refuses to replace the engine. This is a $17,000 mower with 70 hours. Been in the shop all summer. Going back to John Deere.

Original review: June 25, 2021

I bought a Cub Cadet riding mower because I thought it was a quality mower and that the company would stand behind their product which they do not. I got it in August of 2020 and the second time used it this year the steering started skipping and wouldn't turn so I called the local dealer and was told they could pick it up from my house for 50.00 and another 50.00 to bring it back. So I got a friend to take it to them and after four days my wife called and they told her the steering shaft was bent from abuse and was not covered under the warranty and would be 150.00 to repair. So when called to see when it would be ready and they told me a factory rep looked at it and said the heavy duty part was going to free but we had to pay for the service 150.00 when I got it back there was a different part replaced so I'm not really sure what is going on but I do know I will never buy another cub cadet.

Cub Cadet author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Cub Cadet has created American-made riding lawn mowers since 1961. They create mid-range to high-end riding mowers for homeowners and landscapers seeking high-end features and mowers capable of handling large yards.

• Riding mower variety: This company offers garden and lawn tractors and zero-turn mowers. A lawn tractor is another term for a standard riding lawn mower, while a garden tractor is a heavier version with a larger engine. Garden tractors typically handle difficult mowing jobs and yards larger than 3 acres.

• 4-acre capacity: Robust riding mowers handle massive lawns and lots with ease.

• Good terrain handling: Several Cub Cadet riding mower models focus on powerful engines capable of dealing with slopes and hilly terrain.

• Maneuverability: Zero-turn mowers provide high-performance handling and cut down on lawn do-overs.

• Commercial options: Cub Cadet provides commercial-grade riding mower options alongside its residential selection.

Cub Cadet Company Information