4.1/5 (730 ratings)

About Cal Spas

With over 35 years of experience, Cal Spas is a provider of luxury spas and accessories. We pride ourselves in being a top Global Manufacturer of Home Resort Products.

Innovation and technological advancements are top priorities when crafting Cal Spas products. Built with more standard features and designer appeal, our products are a great addition to any outdoor space.

Pros

• Customizable jet configurations
  • Warranty on all models
  • Hydrotherapy massage features

Cons

• No instant trade-in quotes
  • Prices found through local dealers

Bottom Line

Cal Spas offers a range of highly customizable hot tub models with a variety of seating options and jet configurations. All of its hot tubs come with a standard warranty, but pricing estimates aren’t available online.

Cal Spas Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cal Spas?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cal Spas?

Original review: May 28, 2022

The spa makes hot water. It has lights and jets. Usage is good, except that it's very difficult to program. Other than that, the quality has been fine. Don't get the program that I have. You have to get an updated program.

Original review: May 4, 2022

I ended up having to pay a one lump sum payment instead of financing the hot tub because that part of the process wasn’t really clear. So I wasn’t happy with that. Once I purchased it, I also found out that I had to pay for a new gate because we had to knock one part of my wall down to get the tub in. I like the multiple jets but the quality of the tub is kind of poor. I can’t tell what’s going on underneath the plastic material around the side. It protrudes out a little bit. But it looked like that since they installed it. So I couldn’t tell if that was a defect or it was supposed to look like that.

Cal Spas response

We apologize for the issue you experienced with financing your spa and the delivery. Usually the dealer will advise in advance any delivery requirements including access. Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: April 22, 2022

I’m satisfied with Cal Spas. It’s a good product. They also have a showroom. But having a showroom with some live examples, and being able to test the seats out with water in it and see if they're comfortable, would probably be a good idea. This recent purchase was my second Cal Spas. My first one started to leak. In the wintertime, one of the motors was encased in ice, and it froze the whole system out. It shorted out. I called. It was still under warranty. But the guy could not find the leak. He said, “I think it repaired itself.” But I don’t think the problem fixed itself. There was an electrical issue and we had to change the wiring, and I paid for that.

The second Cal Spas is about the same size. It’s got the same amount of jets too. But with the first spa that I bought, I could sit in it and the way the bucket was designed, it was comfortable. Now, the seats, I sit in it, and I almost slide out of the seat. I have to put my feet in the middle just to stay in my spot. Another thing, when I go to open the hot tub, I slip the one side up and I’ll just hold it there. Water would drain out of that top for a few seconds and then, continue opening it. Somehow, there is steam condensing inside the cover and that water then finds a way to a corner and drips down. I was like, “I’ll never buy a Cal Spas again.” But they came out for the warranty issue.

Original review: April 21, 2022

We set up a time for the installers to come over and deliver it. They had their little doohickey to wheel the spa over to the area and they set it down where we wanted it. It gives us what we're looking for in a spa as far as moving water, heated water, and a cover that keeps it protected throughout the year. The usage for the spa is much greater than spending the same amount of money for other recreational products.

Original review: April 20, 2022

My experience with Cal Spas has been good. I use the tub for therapeutic benefits and the quality is excellent. The reps have been good.

Original review: April 19, 2022

We use the spa more in the summer months than in the winter months, and the quality has been good.

Original review: April 18, 2022

We purchased our spa from Gordon's Pools around September 2015, and from that time we have not had some our lights working or the Bluetooth radio. We have been in touch with Barry about these problems and nothing is getting done. He comes with a hand full of light, but not the right stuff to connect the lights or he doesn't have all the right lights. We would love to have the lights in that go in our spa we purchased that were never put in correctly. And the radio working also.

Cal Spas response

Hello Donald, I am sorry for the issues you have experienced with the lights and radio on your spa. Please contact our customer service department for further assistance on replacement. The lights are radio carry a 1 year warranty which has expired but we can still assist with the purchase of replacement parts and a technician.

Original review: April 5, 2022

I only had the Cal Spa for a few months and I was having trouble with it. It kept getting dirty and it was putting all kinds of debris in the spa. It looked like something was coming apart in there. I had to keep cleaning it. I called them and asked them for help but they were absolutely no help at all. They told me that I had to just maintain cleaning it and they wouldn't send anybody out. They wanted to argue with me and it got heated enough that my boyfriend talked to them. They wouldn't concede to do anything to help me.

I have back injuries and I needed the spa to be able to relax and get some relief from my pain. Instead, I was cleaning the spa out all the time, which was hurting my back even more. I have to drain it constantly and put fresh water in it and deal with it. I've got it under control now but it's not anything like the old Cal Spa I had which lasted for 20 years. That's why I got another Cal Spa. But this just wasn’t the same thing.

This one, I can't regulate the heat. It does whatever it wants to do. They never even gave me a book on it. I had to go online to try to figure out how to maintain the heat because it'd be 99 one day and then 106 the next. When I try to lower the heat, it just doesn't work right. It was a floor model and they wouldn't do anything to help me so I wasn't happy.

Cal Spas response

Please contact our Customer Service Department and/or Technical Support for further guidance and assistance on your spa.

Original review: April 4, 2022

My experience with Cal Spas has been good. The product does its job. I’m satisfied.

Original review: March 27, 2022

Cal Spas had a beautiful spa on display and we decided to purchase that. The crew came that very next week for the installation. The spa came with a gazebo and some barstools. It has a little bar area and we really like that with some planters, it looks super nice. It's a great size for us and my grandkids also enjoy it. It's like a small pool for them. When it comes to this kind of purchase, be ready to keep good maintenance on it. We've had a couple of issues where we didn't put the chemicals in correctly so we had a little fungus. We had to empty out the spa and suction out all the jets and clean it out real well and refill it.

Original review: March 15, 2022

I went into a spa dealer and liked the colors and the deal that they offered. They were super helpful and nice people. It was easy. And I bought the spa. The quality is superb. I have a pool, and it has a Jacuzzi at the end. It's too hard to heat every time. But I have to keep it. So, I decided to put one on my porch. And it's just always hot. It always stays working. And I've never had one minute problem with it, never had to call anybody. It has a light that changes color, and that has always worked. And the Jets are good. If I went down and looked at the new ones, I would want another one. Soon they will come out with massaging jets that go up and down like my Infinity chair. I like Cal Spas a lot. I'd recommend it.

Original review: March 3, 2022

I like my Cal Spas hot tub. The local shop I went to was good. Brad was super helpful. He was very accommodating and made my experience more personal than most sales experiences. My hot tub is very beneficial. Everything has been great with it.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2022

I went to Secard which is a local Cal Spas dealer, and ordered my spa and got it, which was fine in the beginning until it started having issues. It wasn't the greatest idea to get a Cal Spas. It was made a little cheap. It has had leaks, and it's lopsided. They didn't level it when they put it in. One side of the water is higher than the other side. I've had to have them come out seven times. I also had a heater issue. I had a Bluetooth stereo system put into it. That went on for two years before they finally came out to get that. It was hard to get ahold of them for a long time. That was because of COVID. They were closed. So, we couldn't use our spa for 11 months until they went back into service and could come out and fix the stuff.

Secard was the one that I had to call down to Fontana, who was the nearest one from Hesperia from where I bought the spa. And the one in Fontana had to send somebody. That repairman gave me his direct number because every time I would try to get through them, I couldn't get ahold of them. They wouldn't even message. So, he finally gave me his phone number and I would go to him directly. And he just came to my house and started fixing the spa himself. So if it wasn't for this repairman, it would have been a lot worse. Because trying to go through either one of these stores to get somebody to come out was almost impossible.

I have all the bells and whistles with the spa. It's a large one. I have the lights and the fountains. Some of the things now don't work on it. The jets don't work on half of the spa anymore. I don't have the money to have somebody come change it because my warranty went up right before COVID. So, I was screwed. I just got my income tax and paid off the loan for that spa. Now, I gotta have somebody come out and try to fix the rest of it. I'm just not going to go through Cal Spas because it's gonna cost me more.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2022

I don't have a Cal Spas anymore but I loved it. It worked well. We moved a little over two years ago, and we left the Cal Spas at the other house. I’ve had four spa hot tubs in my lifetime, and that was probably the easiest one to operate and keep the water balance in, for whatever reason. Which obviously, makes it more enjoyable too when you’re not fighting the water all the time.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2022

I had a Hot Springs spa for 20 years, and then the guy who worked for Hot Spring Spas started his own place and said, "This is just as good as Hot Spring Spas and you'll love it and it's great." But I really regret buying this Cal Spas. It's a spa, but if I never had the Hot Spring spa before, I wouldn't have something to compare it to. It's noisy. The system for managing the chemicals isn't as developed. I'm constantly having to add chemicals and it's not even that old. The pillows on the spa have already deteriorated. I wouldn't recommend it. I wouldn't buy it again. I would probably go back to Hot Spring Spas. I'm disappointed.

Hello John,

We appreciate your feedback and value all of our customers. Please contact us so we can assist in a resolution and some chemical advice for your spa.

Sincerely,

Cal Spas Team

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

I like my Cal spa a lot. Just before I get in, I click it up to 106 and it doesn't take long to get to 106 at all. I like that I could set all the jets off except for one chair and take all the pressure into one chair.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

I call my Cal Spas the fountain of youth. The delivery was great and it's been a good hot tub. I like that it has a lot of jets. I have a bad lower back, so that's what I was looking for. I've had hot tubs most of my adult life and most of them have had leaks and things falling apart. I had one where the jets would constantly explode and all the ball bearings would spray all over. But I've not had any of that with Cal Spas. The quality held up and it's a year and a half old now. I've had not a single problem and it's the first hot tub that I've had that I can say that.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2021

The people from Cal Spas were really nice and very helpful. I was going from spa place to spa place, and Cal Spas was the most reasonable place to purchase a spa from. They had people come out and do the installation. They did everything like they were supposed to. I like the jets. I like the color. One thing I wish they would have had was speakers in there. Besides that, everything else runs perfectly. I've only had one issue with the product. One of the jets got clogged. I had to have somebody come out and fix it, but the spa is almost three years old, so it was not too bad.

Original review: June 25, 2021

I complained about the jets and nobody ever reached out to me or called me. But my experience wasn't too bad. It was easy to go online and order things. I recommended it to my stepdaughter.

Original review: June 9, 2021

My spa is fine but the cover is not that great. After a while with the rain, it starts to bevel in. It's not as sturdy as it should be and it has bellowed in. The guy that sold the spa to me came out and fixed it.

Original review: May 22, 2021

I already knew that Cal Spas existed, but I didn't look at them until I was at the Valley fair. Also, I read about them. I knew they are all worthy and they were good spas. The installers came in on a flatbed truck set on furniture dollies. And then I have a double gate, so it came on dollies on its side into my backyard. They were nice guys.

I got a good deal. I got the model that only has seats, jets for the spa on one end. It's a large swim spa. But I only got it for the pool part of it, not just the spa side. So it doesn't have a lot of seats. Only the two on the one end that have jets for the spa side. I've had shoulder surgery so the jets on my one side are different than the jets on the other side. That was my favorite spot.

The only thing I'm not happy about my spa is I have a crack at the top of it. I already have Astro Turf down and under the Astro Turf is a bunch of sand because I used to have above ground pools. So the sand is still all there. And then I have Astro Turf on top of it. They told me I needed to put pea gravel down on top of the Astro Turf to be able to level the spa. When the workers came out to deliver it, they said I didn't need to do that. But because of the pea gravel, the spa is not sitting level now. I used it a lot the first year. A lot by half the time the second year. I haven't used it all this year. It has been empty. I have cracks on the top edge because the spa is not sitting level. I have to call somebody out to level it. Cal Spas has not returned my calls back a lot when I called Secard. I don't know who to call. But I took pictures of it and I passed around to people who are interested. I still promote Cal Spas.

Original review: May 13, 2021

The reps from Cal Spas did a good job when we bought the hot tub. The grandkids are starting to use it a lot more and it’s holding up great. We've had no problems so far. So, we highly recommend it.

Original review: May 7, 2021

We absolutely love our Cal Spas hot tub. It's a great product. You definitely get what you pay for. I love all the different light settings that we can do and the fountain in the back. We can have that on or off. We also enjoy the foot things on the floor. We love Cal Spas' customer service and everything that we get through them too. The company is awesome. If we have something come up, we call and they take good care of us.

Original review: April 29, 2021

The reps were friendly and went out of their way to answer any questions. The delivery was perfect, on time and there were no issues. I enjoy the jets and the cost against the quality was good.

Original review: April 28, 2021

I purchased the Cal Spas product through Secard Pools and they were great. It was amazing dealing with the reps I worked with. They showed me all the spas and the different features. They also set up the installation.

Original review: April 16, 2021

They were helpful. We had bought a cover that would lift back but it didn't fit. So, they took it back without a problem. But the biggest problem is the headrest wears out real fast. We've already had to replace them. They also get sun damage and water damage and we weren’t advised of that ahead of time.

Original review: March 20, 2021

The delivery of our tub was good. But after the crew left, we noticed that there was a big gouge in the wall behind the hot tub. It looked like a screwdriver that was sticking out of somebody's pocket could have easily gouged the wall. We called Cal Spas about that but they never followed up with us on that. My husband ended up giving up about it. The tub itself seems to be fine so far although we're having a water issue right now. We can't seem to remove the cloudiness from the water. We're trying to figure out what's going on there.

Original review: March 5, 2021

The tub got hot water in it. It’s comfortable and a good size. I’m 6’7’’ and it fits me great. It has the lights and stuff in it and that's nice. My kids love playing with that. It’s got that big jet in the middle and the kids also like that.

Original review: March 4, 2021

It has been a great experience with our Cal Spas hot tub. This is our second one and we’ve had it a long time. We had our first one for nine years and it was also a Cal Spas. We go to the store and buy our chemicals and the guys are great to deal with. They always have what we need and they answer any questions that we have. The quality of the hot tub is excellent and that thing is a lifesaver at times when you’re so sore. I already have recommended Cal Spas to people and they thought about getting a hot tub.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2021

Our tub from Cal Spas has been good, so far. The delivery was excellent. We haven't had any issues with it. It's there and we are able to enjoy it whenever we want. We love it.

Cal Spas Company Information