4.3(872)

About Cal Spas

With over 35 years of experience, Cal Spas is a provider of luxury spas and accessories. We pride ourselves in being a top Global Manufacturer of Home Resort Products.

Innovation and technological advancements are top priorities when crafting Cal Spas products. Built with more standard features and designer appeal, our products are a great addition to any outdoor space.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Customizable jet configurations
  • Warranty on all models
  • Hydrotherapy massage features
Cons
  • No instant trade-in quotes
  • Prices found through local dealers

Stars Rating

• 59%
  • 25%
  • 8%
  • 5%
  • 4%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cal Spas?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cal Spas?

Reviewed Feb. 23, 2024

We were on vacation when the product was delivered, but my son was there and it was super simple. I would recommend Cal Spas. We had a good experience. It was painless, and the spa has been great.

Hi Mark,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and for the review. We are glad to hear you are happy with your purchase.

Installation & Setup

Reviewed Feb. 22, 2024

I got a two-person spa from Cal Spas. It has jets and lights. The installation process was great.

Hi Norma,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and for the 5 Star Review. We are glad to hear the installation process was seamless.

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed Feb. 22, 2024

I use my Cal Spas hot tub every day during the wintertime. So far, it's been enjoyable. It has jets, lights and a waterfall. It also has a lounge which is my favorite part. However, I've had a couple of small parts failures, like a nozzle breaking. I've had some heater core issues, where it would get too hot and it would shut itself off, which it protected itself. But then I would go to use my hot tub and it'd be cold. I have to restart the heater. But other than those, it works for me 98% of the time. I'm happy with it.

Hi Robbie,

Thank you for the 5 Star Review. I am sorry to hear you have had a few service related issues. You do have a warranty so if you need service please contact your local dealer.

Happy to hear you are enjoying your hot tub overall.

Installation & SetupPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Feb. 5, 2024

It's been great to have the tub. The turnaround time was fast. The installation was seamless.

Hello Per,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and for the 5 Star Review. We are glad to hear you are happy with your spa purchase.

Installation & SetupStaff

Reviewed Jan. 25, 2024

I had a great experience with Cal Spas during the purchasing but the installation was a little bit of a challenge. Fortunately, I was there so we got it installed. We've had some challenges with the spa. Something wasn't working very well, and the seller wasn't all that helpful. I like the spa but just a few things and I would not recommend it to anybody else.

Hi Doug,

I appreciate you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We apologize that there were hiccups with the delivery. Please feel free to reach out should you need assistance. # 800-225-7727 Ext. 772

Sincerely - The Cal Spas Team

Reviewed Jan. 3, 2024

I bought the spa and filters. The spa sits on the patio. It's convenient. It's right out the door.

Hello Robin,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and for your review. We are glad to hear you are happy with your spa purchase.

Reviewed Dec. 31, 2023

We've had our spa for three years now. The first thing to go was the Cal Spa logo on the floor of the tub. The adhesive failed and the whole thing peeled up and sent globs of adhesive floating around in the tub for weeks. We drained it and scraped the rest of the sticker and adhesive off the bottom of the tub and that was that- a bellwether I suppose. Around that same time we noticed the outer shell around the top edge began to crack in one spot. A year later there are several hair line cracks along the top edge of the shell in several different locations. They are noticeably unsightly and a constant reminder of the lack of quality in this tub.

We have reached out to Cal Spas and were told that this is "normal" and they offered us a $1500 payout to forget about it. The payout would void the remainder of the warranty. To pay what we did for the spa I would expect the company to stand behind their product and offer a full replacement. Sadly this has not happened yet. I guess time will tell. Will update when this has been resolved.

Hi Dale,

Thank you for providing your feedback. I apologize for the issues you are experiencing. Please reach out to us directly with your spa serial # so we can look into this further. I was not able to locate a registration with the information you have provided. I believe your dealer is Spa Brokers.

tchacon@calspas.com

PricePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Dec. 19, 2023

We found the price point that worked for us and we were able to schedule. Cal Spas delivered on time with care and got everything set up right away. It was straight to the point. We love our new spa. The only issue that we have is that the rubber started peeling off of those headrests. Other than that, everything else is working as expected.

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your 5 star review. We are glad to hear you are happy with the product and it meets all of your needs.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed Dec. 19, 2023

We've had our Cal Spa for four years now and I love it. Also, their customer service is friendly.

Hi Darrin,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your 5 star review. We are glad to hear that you are happy with the product and support you have received.

Cal Spas Team

Staff

Reviewed Dec. 19, 2023

I use my Cal Spas every day and I've never had a problem with it. I bought multiple spas from them. It was at a trade show when I first met them and the person I spoke to was very knowledgeable and gave me a great deal. When I needed another spa, I bought from them again. The quality of the spas has been fantastic.

Hi Mark,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and for the awesome 5 star review. We are happy to hear you are a repeat customer who has been satisfied with the quality of our products.

Reviewed Dec. 19, 2023

The installers of our Cal Spas were very helpful. It's a six-person and has jets in all the seats. The quality is fine.

Hello Todd,

Thank you for the awesome 5 star review. We are very happy to hear that you are happy with your purchase.

Reviewed Nov. 24, 2023

I bought a new six to eight person hot tub. It's the third one I bought from Cal Spas and it may or may not be the last. But I have had issues with my hot tub. There's a pump that's bad and it's not under warranty anymore. So I'm kind of on my own.

Hi Kelly,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your spa purchase. I apologize your spa is no longer under warranty, we do have some great deals on our parts website www.quickspaparts.com call into our customer service team for assistance with a part number for your spa. Have your serial # handy when calling. # 800-225-7727 Ext. 772

Sincerely -

Customer ServiceMaintenanceEase of Use

Reviewed Nov. 20, 2023

Our Kona hot tub came defective- the light was not threaded properly, causing a leak which destroyed our flooring. There was also a chunk of plastic lodged inside one of the jets which blocked the water. The company never responded to our emails. Concerning the tub, it does. Have a nice variety of jets and a strong shell. The operating system is easy to use. We do like the unit, after all these issues were sorted, but wouldn’t recommend the company.

Hi Erin,

Thank you for providing your feedback. As mentioned we will be sending out a care package for your troubles.

Sincerely

Tiffany Chacon - Customer Service Manager

Price

Reviewed Nov. 14, 2023

The color they gave me blends in with the back wall. The tub has the lights, but it doesn’t have speakers. It could have speakers. At first, I was having the pumps on to circulate the water. Then I bought the fogger. But the fogger is not compatible with the spa. I had to drain the water out and reuse it. It's pricey but for what you pay, it’s a good investment. I recommend Cal Spas to everybody. The tub is relaxing. The jets are good for the back. I use it when I get off of work. It puts me to sleep at night. I've been getting a better night's sleep since I've been using that.

Hi Deandre,

Thank you for taking the time to provide an amazing 5 Star Review. We are happy to hear you are enjoying your spa daily and it's providing you with the relaxation you need.

Sincerely - The Cal Spas Team

Reviewed Oct. 17, 2023

I bought a home in March that had a Cal Spas put in 2 years ago. The pump went out and I called my local spa store where the Hot Tub was purchased. They were also the spa store that installed the Cal Spas. This past month, the pump 1 went out and I called for a repair from the spa store and they called Cal Spas to get it covered under warranty. Since I am not the original owner, it is not covered. It is not transferable. What a bunch of bull. First of all, how does the pump go out after 2 years. This means it is a terrible product. And you can't warranty it because you know it is a terrible product. Now get this, the new pump was installed and the 2nd one went out a week later. We had to buy 2 pumps after 2 years of the life of the Hot Tub. Go to another dealer. Cal Spas does not make a good product and you will regret it in the long run. By the way, the pillows also have to be replaced over and over due to tearing in the back. Just awful all the way around.

Pinned

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I am sorry to hear you had a bad experience with the spa that came with your home. We always strive to improve our products and services, so we'll consider your feedback.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed Oct. 3, 2023

Cal Spas delivered the tub. It was a pain in the butt because we didn't know everything that it entailed. I had to pay an electrician to come and run the wire. And it needed to be this many volts. That was $2,000. Also, Cal Spas just dropped the tub off. They told me nothing. I asked, "But wait, so how do we get this going? Any instructions?" They gave me a little package and I dealt with it. Whatever they gave us doesn't work. I ended up having to buy the Frog system on Amazon. That finally ended up working. I called them to ask questions and they were not the same one. Once the sale was over, they were, "** off." They're not the best.

Hi Adriana,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I apologize this was not a positive experience. Please let us know how we can help. We do have technicians available that can assist with any questions you may have. # 800-225-7727

Reviewed Oct. 3, 2023

I have the 6 by 6 spa and I’ve used it twice. So far, the jets shoot me just fine. I need to learn how to operate the spa and how much chemicals you need to put in.

Hi Stanley,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on your new spa purchase. Glad to hear you are happy with your purchase. Please contact our technical support team for assistance on the spas operation and chemical maintenance. # 800-225-7727 Ext. 777

Reviewed Oct. 1, 2023

Cal Spas is a very well-known brand. The salesperson was very knowledgeable and really sweet and funny. I got a really good deal. It was a very good price for the quality. Our spa is very efficient. It is great. It seats eight. It doesn't have music but it does the lighting and the bubbles. It's a wonderful product, but there are some areas that my grandchildren have cut themselves on. It's where the jets come out of. You can easily slice your finger. I told my husband we need to call Cal Spas and see if there's a way that they can come and maybe file it.

Hello Ana,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and for sharing your experience. We are glad to hear you are happy with your purchase. We will be in touch with you shortly regarding your concerns with the jets. We will schedule our tech to go out and replace them.

Reviewed Sept. 29, 2023

I had a positive experience with the Cal Spas representative. He took me around and showed me different items based on my needs. I told him what I wanted, but I had already been doing research. Then he told me what he advised. The tub was on sale and I bought it. I like that it isn't too big. I just need it for myself. It had a good price, too. I got what I consider less than I was gonna have to pay. I'm very happy. It's the best thing I ever bought. I wish I had it while I was still working.

Hi Ida,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for the positive review. Happy to hear you are enjoying your spa and it has been a relaxing addition to your backyard.

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed Sept. 19, 2023

The numbers with Cal Spas worked, we liked what we saw at the fair, and we bought the tub. Our experience was really hassle-free. They came, asked me a bunch of questions, how I wanted it, and answered all my questions. The people who moved the hot tub were great. We got the 8-foot one with two recliners. We had a couple of questions and we called the Cal Spas 1-800 number and they answered the questions that we had.

I'm a trucker and I work 13-hour days and if I don't get in that damn hot tub on the weekend, I feel it the next weekend. So, it has definitely been a plus. My wife and I both use it. I wish I would have bought it sooner. My sciatic nerve thanks the Cal Spas, too. I love the product. It's expensive but I'm happy that I get to afford it. It's really a luxury item, not to mention the other little things that need to go in before you get the tub, which is quite an expenditure. I wish it could be cheaper but I don't feel ripped off.

Hi Juan,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for the positive review. Happy to hear that the spa has been therapeutic for you on your long work days. We know you will enjoy your spa for years to come.

Installation & SetupPunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Sept. 16, 2023

We bought the spa at a county fair exhibition and so far, everything is fine. A delivery company did the installation and they were very prompt, neat and clean. They set it up as much as they could for what they were doing. We still need to get it programmed and it's supposed to be able to be done on my own. But I haven't been able to. So, I need to work with Cal Spas. I just haven't had the time to reach out to them to do that. But they've been very helpful.

Hello Rhonda,

Thank you for the 5 Star Review. We have technicians available that would be more than happy to walk you through the set up and general functions of your new spa. Please call #800-225-7727 Ext. 777 when you're ready.

thanks again for taking the time to provide your feedback.

Installation & SetupPriceStaff

Reviewed Sept. 16, 2023

Cal Spas was helpful. They were straightforward when it came to buying the spa. There's no financing. You have to pay it upfront. When we saw the prices here in LA compared to the prices over at the fair, there was much of a difference. The person that helped me out was friendly and very patient with us. It took about an hour for us to decide on which hot tub to get. He mentioned to get the bigger size because we're a lot of people in it. The installation took about 45 minutes. They brought it all the way inside the property, laid it down, and we just had to connect it ourselves. They said they don't provide instructions on how to connect. But we love our hot tub. It's big. The jets work very well.

Hello Fernando,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your Feedback and for the 5 Stars. Glad to hear the purchase went smooth and you were able to get the right hot tub to fit your families needs.

Reviewed Aug. 26, 2023

We got a a seven-seater spa from Cal Spas. It's blue, and it's got the digital control. We also got a topper to it. I like that I can individually change the jets. In the beginning, we would get in and I would adjust the jets. The first three times I got out, I had these little cuts on my fingers. It's happened to all of us. My husband, myself, my child - we've all done it. We've had to touch the cover that turns them up and down in a certain way. You can't just grab it and turn it because you somehow can reach those blades in there which is dangerous.

Hi Carolina,

Thank you for the review and for your feedback. Please contact us directly and we can see how we can remedy the jet situation, we do have a technician that can go out to evaluate if needed. #800-225-7727 Ext. 772

Staff

Reviewed Aug. 25, 2023

Cal Spas' rep was straight with me. I had a good experience. When I measured the side of my house, the measurements were perfect just like they asked me to, but what I didn't notice was the gas meter was in the way. So, we had to reschedule and get a crane company to get the spa over. Other than that, Cal Spas worked with me. They were good. I love the spa.

Hi Lissette,

Thank you for the 5 Star Review and for sharing your experience. I am sorry to hear that the delivery didn't go as planned but ended up working out. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying your new Cal Spa.

Reviewed Aug. 25, 2023

My wife wanted a swim spa, and we bought it for her. The guy we dealt with was great, and he gave us a good deal on it. As a matter of fact, we were at the Pomona Fair when we purchased it. I wasn't there to buy a spa, but it worked out well. The guy was an all around a nice person, and he was worth dealing with. I had to move the swim spa 'cause there was a bit of a problem with the concrete underneath, and I had to redo the concrete to make it level. All in all though, it was great. I was able to get ahold of Cal Spas. It was a little expensive, but I managed to get it done. I would recommend Cal Spas to a friend. It's decent, and my wife likes the swim spa. We've always had real in-ground swimming pools, so having a spa like this is a first for us. It's not bad, and it suits its purpose. It's for my wife to get some exercise, and that's what she's doing in it.

Hi Mark,

Thank you for the 5 Star Review and for sharing your experience. We are happy to hear that you and your family are enjoying your new swim spa.

PricePunctuality & SpeedMaintenanceStaff

Reviewed Aug. 11, 2023

I was in Pomona Fair. My daughter doesn't like cold water. She wanted a spa. I got Cal Spas and it was more like a thermal pool. It was just a little bit hot. Cal Spas was number one in that. I had a huge trouble getting with the guys for the electricity thing. They came late. They came two hours for four to five days. They always found something like tape or made me buy expensive cable for I don't know what. It was a huge thing. They didn't complete the work even though I paid them. I had to contract other people to try to finish the work. It was a huge mess. My brother also bought a spa from Cal Spas and had the same exact problem. If they could get the person who buys a spa to get the electricity guy, that would be nice because it was a lot of trouble. They take forever and they didn't do things right. Those guys can mess up the spa. It was not nice and I was really upset.

The spa came out a little bit late too but that was all right. It was like just one week late. It was not a huge thing for me. Cal Spas should tell the people where to put right the connection system. I made my own floor and I contracted somebody to do that. They did it right. It was just the measurement was little bit of a little problem for me. They plugged everything okay. It was not a big deal.

The spa working right. Just I have a little bit of trouble with the buttons. I don't know necessarily how they work. I had to read the manual. But it was hard because nobody came and said, "Oh, you have to do like this or like that." I was like in a little bit of trouble. I had to figure out through YouTube, which I did. I have an arc of water and it's not working that much right now. One is working and the other one is low. I don't like that but I don't know how to fix it. I will just figure it out on my own.

That aside, I like the spa a lot. My problem is that I didn't get the person to put it in the right way. Now, I don't know if my spa is wrong because of that or if my spa came wrong. But now that I fixed it, it gets super hot like I want it to be. It has a lot of seats in the whole thing. I have a big family and when I have parties, we can all sit in the spa. Maybe 102 people can sit in it. That's really nice. But the cleaning is a bit of a trouble for me. And I had to figure it all out on internet how to clean it. it would be nice if Cal Spas brings a little class. On the whole, I love the spa but I was really disappointed.

Hi Marjourie,

Thank you for sharing your experience and for the review. If there is something we can assist you with please feel free to reach out we would be happy to assist. # 800-225-7727 Ext 772.

Reviewed July 16, 2023

I purchased a simple spa from them. It has a kid's seat and a wood veneer finish on the outside. The installers put it where I wanted it and moved it around for me. Cal Spas is reasonable. Take a look at it.

Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and for the 5 stars. We hope you enjoy your spa for many years to come.

Reviewed July 16, 2023

Everybody else just had hot tubs and I was looking for a swim pool. Cal Spas had it on display and made the right deal, and we closed it. It was a very good experience. Because of the size of the swim pool, the installers required a crane. They weren't very informative on all of the requirements needed, especially when it came to connecting the electrical to the spa. The salesman just wanna make the sale. So, getting it here and getting it in and getting it wired was way more complicated than it should have been. But we made it happen. I love the swim spa. It’s excellent. Cal Spas is a good company. They're reputable so I'd feel comfortable buying from them again.

Hi Newell,

Thank you for providing your feedback and for the great review. We are glad to hear that you are enjoying your new Swim Spa. I apologize for the lack of information provided for the electrical set up, we do have a technical support line available should you have any questions regarding your spa.

# 800-225-7727 Ext. 777

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingPriceStaffBilling

Reviewed July 16, 2023

I went in on the last day of the fair, trying to get a good deal, and I met with a guy who claimed that he was the Cal Spas broker from Tennessee. We walked around and tried to get some pricing on some spas. He showed me a number on his phone and said that it was what my payment was going to be. He was pushing and I told him we'd do it. We started doing all the paperwork then he said I was going to start getting emails on my phone. When the emails were coming through, there was a 20-something dollar more month payment than what he showed me. I told him that that was not what we agreed upon and he said it was just in there right now. But once I signed the final paperwork, they'd get the loan taken care of and my payment was going to drop down to what he showed me. But that never happened. I got stuck with that higher payment, which ended up costing me almost $2,000 more over the entire thing.

When I called him back about it, he said he didn't know what happened. By this time he was back in Tennessee. He said we was going to figure it out, so he calls this guy named Dylan, the Pomona Fair manager. I talked to Dylan during the whole transaction the first time, too. So I told Dylan what was going on and he said he would find out what was going on and make it right. He said he'd call me right back but he wouldn't even call me back. He would just text me and he said that the other said that he gave me that one price. And I was pissed because we just got off the phone and he acknowledged the price we discussed and what he showed me. But when Dylan called him up, he backed out of his story and told Dylan a different story. Then, none of them would get on the phone. They'd only text me.

Then, Dylan told me to take it or leave it. He said I could cancel my deal by 4 o'clock that day, otherwise, I'd be locked in for 10 years. I was pretty pissed off about it and I felt like we got jerked around a little bit. But we went ahead with it and so far, we like the spa. But in one of the sales pitches that we got, the rep said that we'd get 96 jets or as low as 40 jets. He said that if we went lower, our jets would be a lot stronger because they'd be pumping out through the holes less. He said the jets would push you off your seats if you turn it up all the way. So we went with the lower amount of jets to get more power. But they're not as powerful as what we're used to or what we thought they would be.

Besides the jets issue, the spa is great quality. It's brand new, and it's nice and shiny. We got the top-of-the-line spa and my wife's really happy with it. But if we were to do it again, we'd probably pass on it just for what the sales pitch was, what they were telling us, what we ended up getting, and the price we were promised which we didn't get.

Hi Dirk,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and for the review. I do apologize on behalf of the salesman on your purchase experience. I hope that you are enjoying your new spa and continue to enjoy it for years to come!

Reviewed June 28, 2023

We used Cal Spas Genesis for three years and the quality is pretty good. We really like it. It can seat up to eight people and you can set up the temperature at a certain time. Overall, it's good and I would recommend it.

Hello Lia,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and provide your feedback. We are happy to hear you are enjoying your Cal Spa.

Cal Spas Company Information