2. Homeowners
  3. Hot Tubs
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.60/5

With over 35 years of experience, Cal Spas is a provider of luxury spas and accessories. We pride ourselves in being a top Global Manufacturer of Home Resort Products.

Innovation and technological advancements are top priorities when crafting Cal Spas products. Built with more standard features and designer appeal, our products are a great addition to any outdoor space.

Cal Spas Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cal Spas?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cal Spas?

Original review: April 4, 2020

We saw Cal Spas at the Minnesota State Fair. I was here when the delivery guys were here and they were all very good, very professional, and very fast. The only complaint I have about the tub is the lights around the outside of the control panel are not able to turn off. It’s always on. I just cover it with a towel. But other than that, I've been very pleased with the tub. We like the layout of the seating and the jets.

Original review: April 2, 2020

Cal Spas is a well-known brand but we saw it at the state fair. We received good customer service when we got the tub. We installed it ourselves. After getting it installed, we had no help whatsoever. I contacted by phone. I couldn’t find the right manual because we were given the wrong one. And then, I went into a store and the guy said there wasn’t even a manual available for that one. So, it wasn’t until a month or so later did we get the manual for it.

We got the tub in November so it froze over and we didn’t install the tub until April. They said that in the first time using it, they’ll come and explain how to use it.

But then, we had a guy come out and help us, and teach us how to use it. He was there not even 20 minutes and that was it. He didn’t really teach me anything. He didn’t explain much because we went through all the options in the menu and he was like, “You don't need to know about that. That's nothing, that’s nothing. You only need to know these three.” It was temperature and speeds, and that was it.

Additionally, our starter kit was for the smaller tub and I had to purchase more stuff because of the iron in the water. And then, once the guy realized that, he said that we only had enough for the smaller tubs. But it’s just the hassle of trying to figure out how much chemical I needed to put in there because I didn’t want to waste it or put in the wrong one. The guy was like, “Well, if it looks like this, then just add a little bit of this.” And was like, “Well, can I get a measurement?” I was supposed to have the store manager come out but he went on vacation, and then, I didn’t hear from him after that. So, I’ve just been learning how to use it.

Original review: March 27, 2020

Everything went okay with Cal Spas, but it could've been better. Customer service is a little bit lacking. You'd call in and it would take a while to get an answer from them. Then, they'd have to farm things out and that took more time to get some things done on it. They used a delivery service and they did fine. They showed up and put it down. The one thing they do not do is the electrical on it. Maybe they should look at having the electrical done too. The quality of the tub is pretty good so far. But the tub I had before was a little sturdier. Also, they matched up the wrong Bluetooth to the sound system in it and they didn't correct it with me.

Original review: March 24, 2020

I have a Cal Spas hot tub. It’s a nice thing. I haven't been able to use it much but other than that, everything is good.

Original review: March 20, 2020

There's a couple of things that I'll change with our Cal Spa but overall, it's good. On the corner where there's a shoulder massage or neck massager, the jets are way too low and they don't even get close to my neck. My old one had that and the jets were higher and got down at you. It sprayed some water so they made them lower. Now, they don't hit your neck at all. But overall, I like the quality. It's wonderful. I bought it for medicinal purposes more so than recreational. It's soothing on the back. I used to go to the chiropractor twice a week. Now, I haven't been there in four months.

Original review: March 12, 2020

We were at a Cal Expo show and met a gentleman over there. He told us to come by and that we could get a Cal Spas product. It was last year’s model and they gave us a nice little deal on it. Then for the installation, they informed us that we had to get an electrician and we had to pay for a crane because it had to be lifted over the house. I didn't like paying for it, but if you want it, that’s what you had to do. Other than that, I like all of the features of our new spa. I like getting in it and relaxing. I appreciate Cal Spas' service, too. I called once because I wasn’t sure about the heater. It seemed like it would come on quite a bit and I'd hear the sound like it was running. The lady informed me that the heater comes on periodically to keep the water up to the temperature you want. So, now I’m kinda used to that and I have no other problem. I also got a warranty on it and all the things that I deem necessary.

Original review: March 2, 2020

A friend owned the Cal Spa where we purchased it from. The rep was very knowledgeable and kept us in our price range. Also, their customer service was really good. Every time I called, I got a callback. The installation was easy-peasy. They laid the pad and positioned everything just fine. There was kind of a hang-up with the type of lift on the cover, but it was fixed quickly. I like that the tub holds the water and that it gets hot. I also like the massaging jets. I wish I could’ve got the ones that moved more, but its positioning is a pretty good fit for my body.

Original review: March 1, 2020

I got a hot tub from Cal Spas and the grandkids enjoy it. It's a sun spa and it got jets and lights. I like relaxing in it.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

When we were at the state fair a few years back, we purchased our Cal Spas. This is our second year having it. We love it. For Christmas, we purchased some steps. They’re better than the step stool that we were using. So, we love that too. We’ve told pretty much all our friends about Cal Spas.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

I had a Cal Spas before and got another one from them. This one is a lot better than the old one. It has better controls, and there are more jets and features. The installation went reasonably good, except for the fact that the dealership wouldn’t connect the electrical. They refused to do it. I had to deal with the electrical connection. They were sort of not very consumer-friendly. But other than that, I was reasonably satisfied. Right now, I went out and it doesn’t work. It’s got a GFI fault. It’s got a short circuit somewhere. The quality is not very good at all.

Cal Spas Company Information