Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Cal Spas

Hello Danielle! We're so happy that you enjoy your spa! Have a safe and happy New Year!

Original review: May 26, 2015

A friend referred me to Cal Spas. I’ve gone over their house and used their tub a few times and we always liked it. We had to get one of our own and ended up purchasing the Patio Spa last 2013. The product had no issues. Delivery crew was great. They answered all our questions and install went smoothly. We didn’t have it sunk in a deck so we were able to put it on the patio which is easy access and it went pretty good, then we got to have our training session with the dealer after the install was complete. It's a great way to get the family and friends together. Everyone loves sitting in the hot tub. We always have family and friends over and barbecue outside a lot more often because of it. We're very happy we bought the Cal Spa. Overall a great experience, helpful, friendly staff, and the local dealer.

Cal Spas

That's great to hear Amy! We're so happy that you are enjoying your spa! Please have a great year from all of us here at Cal Spas!

Original review: March 12, 2017

We like our Cal Spas and it's our first hot tub. It was a very easy installation and we've used it for a month now. In general, it was a good experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We went to two other places and we both thought that the spas that the Jacuzzi store had were nicer but not $3,000 nicer for the design and size. There's a point of diminishing returns where you pay a lot more for a little bit more. Also, this is our first hot tub so no matter which one we got, we'd be thrilled. So, Cal Spas dropped it off and then I wired it in. Then a gentleman from a store came to the house and showed us how to operate it once we had it all wired up and ready to go. Everything went really smoothly.

We have our Cal Spas' hot tub for about three weeks now. There are four of us in the house and we all use it for different reasons. But, we're certainly out in the backyard a lot now than before, especially in the winter. The biggest benefit is when all four of us get in there together. It gives us an opportunity to sit and talk because it is sometimes hard when kids are doing homework and the TV's on.

Cal Spas

Cal Spas is so happy that you would recommend us. We love our customers and know that you will enjoy your spa for years to come. Please have a great week!

Original review: March 5, 2017

I bought my Cal Spa in a state fair last August. The deal I got that time was good and with our past spas we've always had to drive long ways to get equipment and anything with it and there is a Cal Spas very close to us and that's very convenient. The installation was very easy. Their installation team was very friendly and helpful, they gave me some good pointers and tips. The main installer told me how he did the different things because he has Cal Spa himself. I took his advice and I went with it. Everybody's been very helpful, accommodating, and friendly. I would definitely recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We bought our Cal Spas last year and we started using it around October. I call up their team about chemicals, what to put in here and there. Everything is good with them.

Cal Spas

Hi Greg! We are so happy that you are satisfied with everything! Please enjoy your week and especially enjoy your spa! We know it will make you happy for years to come!

Original review: March 3, 2017

Cal Spas has a booth at the Minnesota State Fair and they had a sale going on. The salesman was friendly and was able to answer my questions. Installation of the Cal Spas product was also very easy. So far I am liking my Cal Spas and I am satisfied with everything.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cal Spas?

Cal Spas

Hi Dale. We're sorry your installation process with your dealer wasn't as great as it could have been. We are very happy that you are enjoying your spa though and know it will give you many enjoyable spa sessions for years to come.

Original review: March 2, 2017

I bought the Cal Spas tub about five months ago. The salesperson did an excellent job and I enjoyed working with her. But when the delivery guys came, they broke pavers in my backyard. I had a clear red brick pathway laid out for them to use during the installation of the spa in a location in the gazebo. It was a perfect setup and I was guiding them. Then I went inside to tend to my dogs and for some reason, instead of staying on the brick pathway, they decided to cut across my newly laid sod. I had to keep that stuff wet and it sunk their tracks down about six inches and I had to have the landscape people come out and redo it. We got through the installation but that part could have been better.

Also, I don't think the filter's working properly because there's a white residue at the bottom and I don't know where it's coming from. The first time I pulled out the filter and cleaned it after a month, it had quite a bit of stuff on it. Then I pulled out the filter a couple of months later and there's hardly anything on it. So I had one of the maintenance guys come over and he's been good about working with me. He said that the white powder was a spa treatment that I had used. I had ordered some Shock stuff off a company, I only used it one time and I know that it's supposed to dissolve.

We ended up having to drain the spa then we filled it up again, flushed it out and made sure everything was out of it. Then we drained it again and refilled it. He also suggested not using any of those other products and I haven't used anything but the Bullfrog canisters since then. However, I'm still getting a little bit of a white residue on there so it's requiring a little more work than I expected. I have a 12000-gallon swimming pool at my house and that was a lot less work than the spa has been. It's spilling water all over the place and I have to take a couple of water to the pool store to let them test it. It's getting very expensive and they're trying to sell me stuff that I really don't need. But lately, it's been okay and I haven't had much problem.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

It's been about seven months since we purchased Cal Spas. Having to get a cement slab and arranging for a crane was more of a preparatory experience than we expected. Their reps were fair. We had one concern though about a couple of items missing on the exercise equipment that came with it but we never received any response from them. Otherwise, they're okay. It definitely punctuated our outdoor living space. So, we’re happy about that.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had a problem with getting the spa delivered and made. It was Cal Spas that made the spa and we bought it from Sea Court Pools. Found out through Cal Spas that Sea Court Pools didn't even deliver the orders a week later and it was supposed to go in that week. I ended up waiting a month and when it came, it wasn't even the right color that we picked when we were in the showroom. They just dropped it off and didn't explain how the thing works. They didn't even speak English. So, when I was asking them how to turn it on or what do I do, they left it there, not even put water in it or plug it in. This has been a nightmare from the get-go. Meanwhile, we don't know really how to service the spa, and how to set it to separate things. And now, Sea Court Pools said that if we want them to come out, it would cost us an additional $150.

Pretty much everything that was told to us was a lie. We just got the bill and it seems that they're charging us interest. It's supposed to be interest-free for one year. Payments were only supposed to be like $35, but we wanted to pay it off within that year so we were sending payments of $200 and $300 and they were adding that $35 to that $200, $300 in separate payments. So, now it's like a year's worth already and we just got the hot tub. We don't even know if it's safe to get into the tub because we don't even know if the chemicals are right in it. I was never given any information about how to put the chemical in it. So, we spent like $4,000 on something we've never even been in. It's just disgusting. Our experience with Cal Spas was great, but they should be more selective on who they let sell their product to see who's discharging their products.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Cal Spas seemed to have good reviews online and a reputable outfit. The salespeople were knowledgeable as well and so we went with them. The installation was very easy. I met with the team all the way through the process. There were a couple of items related to how to get it running properly and stuff that wasn’t a big deal. We took a little bit time, we can’t figure them out but they were responsive as we’re trying to figure these things out. It’s been really positive. It’s a great family gathering spot for us and definitely relaxing. It’s a great place to have conversations and connect with people. We’re just really happy and it’s been a great addition for our family.

Cal Spas

Hi Grant! We're so happy you decided to try a Cal Spas hot tub! We know it will make you happy for many years to come! Enjoy your week!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

I have a relative who has a Cal Spa and we got ours in October. We had an old tub for 10 years but we wanted to try something different and Cal Spa has different features. We use it frequently and we've been enjoying it.

Cal Spas

Hi Chad! We're glad that you enjoy your spa! It sounds like it was a challenge to put it up on a slope but we're glad it is now a great addition to your cabin! Have a great week!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2017

The installation was very difficult because the space for the spa was up in a cabin and on a slope but the guys were really good. They were very accommodating and got it all the way up there. Everyone’s very friendly. My wife helped them because we tied the spa to the back of one of my cars and dragged it up.

Cal Spas

Hi Jeff! We're glad you bought it too! Cal Spas loves making our customers happy! Have an awesome week!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

We were more familiar with Hot Springs and we were planning to get them but we were impressed with Cal Spas. We went with Cal Spas instead and they came out and did the training session. We got a newer model and it has everything that we wanted. We liked the jet combination, the seating combination, and the color combination. We got it in the fall and it’s cold here now but we’ve been using it consistently - at least once or twice a week. It’s nice to get out there and relax later in the evening. I have young children who have been in there a couple of times and they love it, too. The installation team was also good. It was a challenge to get the hot tub in place but they managed to. Hopefully we won’t have any trouble with it. We’re happy with it and glad we bought it. It works out pretty well.

Cal Spas

Not only is the tub great but so are you Jarod! Enjoy your Cal Spas! Customers like you are why we do what we do!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

We had a hot tub at our old house but the one that we got from Cal Spas is much nicer though it cost us $14,000. The installation was fine. They came out and took care of everything. They did a pre-training which was great and we just went from there. Everything was good. The tub is pretty easy to operate though I don't know how efficient it is because my wife pays the bills. But the tub has been great and I have no complaints.

Cal Spas

Hi Trevor! We're glad you are enjoying your spa and had a great experience so far! We know that once your motherboard issues are solved that you can enjoy it for many years to come! Have a great week!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

I did some research and looked at different spas. We then purchased two spas from the Secard Pools which is a local company of Cal Spas and we're using them in our vacation rental home. Tthe installation was a breeze and Secard really took care of everything. It was definitely a seamless experience and it helped my vacation rental. Now one of my spas was having an issue with the motherboard. It's going haywire a little bit and Secard is gonna be sending out a tech this upcoming Wednesday for it. Overall, they're above average.

Cal Spas

Hi Adam. We are so very sorry your experience so far has been hit or miss. We work hard to satisfy our customers and give them an amazing home resort experience like no other. Please know that you have our support and best wishes. We know you will enjoy your spa for years to come.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2017

Having Cal Spas gives a nice place to connect on a regular basis and have some conversation that we may not otherwise slow down enough to engage in. It's also very relaxing. There are two Cal Spas team in our area and I’ve called them a few times and they've been decent but it’s a hit or a miss. It depends on who I talk to and it’s like if I reach the right groups of people, some of them are very helpful, knowledgeable, and they follow up nicely and stay on top of things. But others, not so much. The installation was great and was set up quickly. They were nice, friendly and very competent and capable. We also got one of those ChlorMakers which was sold to us as an add-on. One of our sons has a skin condition and that's one reason why we wanted to get a salt-based hot tub but we're not real impressed with ChlorMakers so far. It's been a hiccup for the experience.

Cal Spas

Hello Stephen! We are so sorry that this happened. We work to make sure every customer has a pleasant experience. Thank you for your feedback. We look forward to resolving your issues.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

We've been told that Cal-Spas is a good company and that the model hot tub we chose is top of the line. That being said, we've had the hot tub for less than 1 year and already have replaced the heating unit, both jet pumps (separate occurrences), had a leak occur at the jets and now are being told the circulating pump for the hot/heated water needs replacing. Between waiting for service and the parts, it's been out of commission for more time than it was usable. Needless to say, we are extremely dissatisfied with the product and wouldn't recommend this company.

Cal Spas

Hi Don! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying the amazing quality that only a Cal Spas hot tub can provide! Please make sure you take time this week and weekend to have a special spa session to relax and unwind!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

I knew about Cal Spas over the years and I liked their price. My experience with their sales rep and the quality of their product that I got were both fine.

Cal Spas

Hello Bruce! We are very sorry you haven’t had the best experience. At Cal Spas, we strive to make sure everyone enjoys their home resort experience. We will work harder to make sure customers like you are completely happy. Please enjoy your spa for many years to come and enjoy living the Cal Spas lifestyle.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

Cal Spas make quality products and they're satisfactory. I had looked at some other hot tubs and I liked the Cal Spas line. They are decent. One can get them with a lot of bells and whistles but mine's basic and that's all I wanted. I got my first tub in 1999 and the only bad experience I've had with it was I replaced the pump twice on it. The second time that I had to replace the pump, the tech had to come back and redo it because they put rebuilt pumps in. He had to do a little bit of re-rigging to get the pump to fit right in. They just rewired the old one and rewind the bushings, etc and it still was louder than a new pump and I didn't like that. If I would have known, I would have put in a new pump which would have been a bit quieter. Since the old tub was sixteen years old I just replaced it so I got the new one.

When I bought the new tub, their guy said it was exactly the same size as my old tub so the new one should have just fit right where the old one was built in without any problems. But it wasn't the case. It was a tad larger than the old one so what he said wasn't true. Also, the new hot tub package came with a new insulated cover. I said I didn't need it since I already have one from the old tub but the rep said he'll give me a couple of hundred dollars off. I've replaced the cover on the old one twice so I knew they run $400 to $500. If I would have realized that I would have said, "Deliver me the new cover and I'll put it in storage until I need it." But they offered to come out and show me how to set up the tub for free. There were a little more electronics on the new one and it's all digital. They gotta program it and their rep did that for me. I got the the start-up chemical stuff but I spent another few hundred dollars getting some other chemicals and another filter.

If I ever have to replace a pump, I wish they'd have the original equipment so I could do it myself. If they sold me a new pump and it just fit right in there and all I had to do was plumb it up, it wouldn't be a big problem. Replacing a pump's not that big of a deal. But they don't do that. They sell refurbed pumps and I'm a little disappointed in that. But the new one which I run year-round should go seven years or better before I have to think about a pump.

Cal Spas

Hi Craig! That's great to hear! We love knowing you enjoy your spa! Be sure to have a blast with it every chance you get! Enjoy the Cal Spas lifestyle!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

I've had my hot tub from Cal Spas since this fall. It was mostly the price that made me went with them. It was very good with the sales rep, too. We put water in the tub and it's been heating all winter. It used very little chlorine at first. It's at a lake home, so we don't go out there very often, but I try and check on it once a week and so far, it's been very good.

Cal Spas

Hi Colista! We love being able to help you enjoy your spa! You'll love enjoying your spa for years to come! Have a great week!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

I had a spa from Cal Spas for 12 years until we moved and about 4 months ago, I bought another one. It's smaller and only enough for 6 to 8 people. It’s so great and so relaxing. We really like it a lot and so do my grand kids. Their sales team was very nice, too. Any time I need any help, I can always call them and they tell me how to do what I need to do.

Cal Spas

Hi Fred! We are so happy that you enjoy your spa! Please keep living the Cal Spas lifestyle every chance you get!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

I bought the Cal Spas hot tub about 4 months ago. I shopped around and went to a couple of other spa shops but Cal Spas had a couple of good sales and they matched the price that they had over at the spa show in Pomona so I went with them. The lady at the store was very, very nice. The installation was also good even though I had to have them come back because they didn't put the door back on properly. As soon as I called them, they were quick, thorough, and actually helped me set it up so it was great. The tub is a six-person multi-jet spa with surround sound stereo system built in. Since its installation, I enjoy and use it daily, if not a couple of times daily. I’m dealing with a knee issue and it relieves a lot of the pressure on my knee. It's great for relaxing. So, I need it and I'm glad I got it. Cal Spas is a very good, solid-made spa and the stereo system in it is amazing.

Cal Spas

Hi Janet! We are so happy that you enjoy your spa! We know that it will help you feel relaxed for years to come! Enjoy!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

I used to go and buy my swimming supplies from Cal Spas. I bought a hot tub from them that is like a spa where five people can fit into it. My grandkids love it. I have arthritis in my knee so it’s a little bit hard for me to get in and out of it. But once I do get in, it feels so good on my back and knee. It is very soothing and therapeutic. The workers are very good, nice and helpful. There was a SWAT that was broken and the gentleman said that he could have it out in a week. He went ahead and put the broken one because he didn't want it to look bad but then they had the new one out in about eight days. I really enjoy the tub and I’ll recommend them.

Cal Spas

Hi Eva! We are so happy that you enjoyed your spa purchase and also love your Cal Spas hot tub! We know it will give you comfort and enjoyment for many years to come! Thank you for being a great customer! Have a great weekend!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

We found Cal Spas by accident. We went to a little hole-in-the wall place but we were looking for something a little bigger and they were very rude. But with Cal Spas, we liked the personnel and environment right away. They explained everything and had a few things to choose from. I bought a six-seater spa and we're happy with it. The installation team were really professional and fast. They cleaned up their mess, answered my questions, and gave me rundown on what chemicals to put in. Everything was satisfactory to me, from the installation to the sales to the store itself. I would definitely recommend them and if we need anything, we’ll go back there.

Cal Spas

Hi Susan! Thank you for the glowing review! We know that your Swim Spa will help keep you healthy and fit for years to come! Enjoy your home resort experience!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

I have only good things to say about the Cal Spa Freestyle F1437 swim spa. I use the relaxing jets before and after my daily swim. They provide quite a deep, powerful massage and hit all of the sore spots-- even feet and legs! The four-speed swim system is perfect for gradually warming up from a slow-paced swim to one that would challenge an athlete. In just one week I am feeling so much more fit and my posture is much better, due to building strength in my core muscles. I was fortunate to have a knowledgeable contractor to supervise the installation from pouring the concrete slab to directing the crane around the side of my house. Both the local sales rep Frank in Ft. Lauderdale and the sales manager Robert in CA were extremely helpful and responsive to all of my concerns.

Cal Spas

Hello Robert! Thank you so much for your review! We love being able to help customers like you enjoy a home resort experience! We know your Cal Spas will give you comfort for many years! Have a great week!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

Cal Spas has been around for a long time and although we've heard about other ones, we would rather stick with somebody who has been around long. We purchased from their showroom in Hesperia, and the installation was very good, with very short waiting period. The guys that came and installed it were great and the electrician was also very good. We now use it a lot and we hope to use it for many years.

Cal Spas

Hi Ralph! We are so glad that you have been enjoying your spa! We want you to know that customers like you are the reason that we make the best spas in the world! We know you will enjoy it for many more years to come! Have a terrific week!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

We're happy with our spa from Cal Spas. It is suiting our needs right now. I'm also happy with my experience with Greg who was the one who sold the spa to me. I had a couple of troubleshooting issues on the unit itself after the purchase, but Greg has been very helpful and patient in walking me through it and in teaching me how to apply the chemicals and everything. His assistant, Rachel, has also been very helpful. I definitely would recommend Greg and his team and Cal Spas. Having my spa has been a relaxing experience. I'm in the backyard and in the water a lot more now. I'd do it all over again and I would also recommend the spa to somebody who is not fully into the pool experience but just wants to relax. The spa is the way they should go.

Cal Spas

Hi Kathy! We are very happy that you are enjoying your hot tub! We know you will be able to relax in it for years to come! Have an amazing week!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

Everything was good with Cal Spas including their prices. They also came over to set up our hot tub and got it all done. That was convenient which is what I liked the most about our experience. Having our hot tub is very enjoyable and relaxing.

Cal Spas

Hi Leticia! We love how much you enjoy your Cal Spas hot tub. We know you are going to enjoy it for many years to come. Thanks for being a great customer!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

We have a six-person jacuzzi spa from Cal Spas. The installation was good and the installers were very professional but when I would call to get an estimation as to how soon before they delivered it, because I wanted to make sure to take the day off of work when they came in, no one would ever return my call. I had dealt with a gentleman who was better at returning calls. But, unfortunately, during the time that I was waiting for the installation, he was working the house fair so he was not available. We're enjoying the hot tub but the jets periodically turn off. It shouldn't be doing that as I don't have them on a timer and I have to turn them back on. I thought that maybe it has something to do with the programming but I’ve already followed all the instructions. Maybe I need an expert person other than myself. The tub is very nice and I’m glad that I was able to get it so close to home. I would recommend them.

Cal Spas

Hi Duane! We are so happy that you enjoy your spa! We know that it will give you unrivaled comfort and relaxation for years to come! Have a great week!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2017

We looked at a couple of different companies but we went with Cal Spas for the price and the warranty. The tub is very relaxing and has helped with my sore muscles and aching joints. The tub has Bluetooth speakers, LED lights, a lounger, a half-moon bench seat, and jets. It's excellent with the exception of some jets we were having some issues with. We're supposed to have some new jets coming in to replace them.

Hello Scott,

We are so sorry that you've had a negative experience. Receiving paint in a used Powerade bottle is unacceptable. Please standby for a call from our Customer Care department so we can see how we can best assist you. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

We like the spa, but we hate the gazebo. It’s cheap and made out of the most horrible material. We didn’t think it looked that cheap in the showroom. The guys who put it together did a horrible job and didn’t want to touch up paint when they messed it up. I was just handed some paint in somebody’s used Powerade bottle and I wasn’t too happy with that. I had to hire a handyman to make repairs to the gazebo and make it safe. It was just ready to fall apart or would’ve blown apart in the first wind. I also had my handyman install the snap covers for the lid because the guys who were supposed to install them said they can't do it because of liability. But it seems to me it’d be more of a liability not to have those on to keep the kids out.

Cal Spas Company Profile