Call toll free
4.45/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

With over 35 years of experience, Cal Spas is a provider of luxury spas and accessories. We pride ourselves in being a top Global Manufacturer of Home Resort Products.

Innovation and technological advancements are top priorities when crafting Cal Spas products. Built with more standard features and designer appeal, our products are a great addition to any outdoor space.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

Cal Spas Reviews

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

We had another Cal Spas tub for 12 years, but the motors weren’t working great and a lot of the stuff was getting outdated. Plus, it was hard to get a part. We decided to update and we went with Cal Spas because we seem to have good service from Cal Spas in Plymouth. We order our chemicals from them and if you order over $100, you don't have to pay shipping. Plus, they have usually been good to come if we needed them.

We bought a nine-seater hot tub and it has the waterfall and many jets. Their team was good. We had a good experience except they didn't finish positioning the hot tub on the patio. The hot tub was very heavy so it was very hard for me and my husband. We had to make some rollers and get that done. The first time, they positioned it, filled it, and made sure everything worked, but they didn't do that this time. And even though we had the electrical inspected properly before, we had to have it done again and they had to wait until we had that done. The hot tub is very easy to use though. The controls are very easy and the tub stays clean. We filled it in April and our water is still very clean. Also, the heat up and cool off is really nice.

Get expert buying tips about Hot Tubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 7, 2019

We saw Cal Spas around local facilities. Every year, we always went and looked at all of them. My wife had been pressuring me and finally, she talked me into getting one. It was just time. It turned out she was right. The people there gave us a really good deal. Two guys came over to do the installation. They carried the hot tub into the backyard and set it down on the ground. It was good to go. They also showed us how to do everything.

We have the portable plug-in spa that can accommodate seven or eight people and can hold 500 gallons of water. We've had our spa for a year and eight months now and we like it a lot. We still use it every day and it has become part of our nightly routine. We sit out, look at the stars, and have our husband and wife talk of the day. It's very relaxing. We are very pleased.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

We have a very limited space that we could use to put the spa in, and Cal Spas was the only one that I found that made a triangular spa. Nothing else would have worked because of the corner we have in our pool area. The reps from Cal Spas were very helpful and we had great interactions with them. We were moving to a new home and we couldn’t take delivery for a few months until we were actually in the house and they were kind of enough to store the spa for us until we were ready for it. The installation went quickly. I thought the installers were gonna wire it in for me, but they said they weren’t electricians, and they weren’t gonna do it so I had to do it. They may wanna let the customer know ahead of time about that. Their competitor came up and the guy wired it up for me.

On our other house, we owned a United Spas and it was a great one. The Cal Spas won't completely drain and I have to bail water out of it because the drain is above the lowest part of the spa. It creates a little bit of a hassle. It's also very hard to get on this spa. I have to remove the whole panel, and it's heavy and cumbersome. United Spas had a much smaller door that I can get in and purge the pumps, if I had to, from air. It was easy to get to, put on and take off. Still, I'm very happy with Cal Spas. I use the spa more in the winter than I do in summer. Last night, I used it and it worked great.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

We bought a hot tub from Cal Spas in 2017. We lived up in the desert and there were not too many choices available up there, that was why we went with them. We got the one with a four-person seating, the jets, and the lights. It had a cover on it with a bar that assists you to lift the tub. We had someone come out and install the tub for us. But I had the electrical done myself. We also had a friend of ours do it for us because one complaint I would have about Cal Spas is that they don’t do any electrical work. Even so, the installers were professional, fast and we didn’t have to clean up after them, which is always a plus. It was a good experience. We didn’t have any problems.

We moved away from the house so we don't have the tub anymore, but I loved having it. It was great. The kids also liked it when they came over. We had a barbecue out there and it was nice. I would tell others that Cal Spas was easy to work with and they have a good selection. I would also tell them that the people from Cal Spas helped us pick out the tub.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I was looking at all the different hot tub manufacturers and I did some research on the internet. Cal Spas is a larger company and if I had any issues with my spa, I wanted someone to be there in the future, to be able to fix my problems so I went with them. I got the Escape spa and I've been using it for a year now. I like the size of the hot tub, how many jets there were and how large of a company Cal Spas is. The installation experience was good. Their reps were professional and knew what they were doing. In the past, I have had problems trying to get a hold of somebody in there and that’s the only issue.

Overall, it was a good experience. But the one issue I had with Cal Spas is trying to figure out how to use my computer on the spa, how to make it where it can be on for four or six hours at this period, and six hours at another period. That was the hardest part about having the spa. I complained about it and nobody went out of their way to help me out. Nobody came over and told me how to do it. That was my biggest beef with this whole thing. Nevertheless, Cal Spas hot tub has made my life more enjoyable. I’m a driver for a living. So after driving all day, it sure feels nice to come home and relax in my hot tub. In the colder weather, I’m not utilizing it that much. Otherwise, I usually use it everyday. It’s got a lot of jets, waterfall and lighting. It’s the largest hot tub they sell. It’s a foot larger than the rest.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cal Spas?

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

I'm a loyal Cal Spas customer. I bought two other spas - one 20 years ago and another 10 years ago. My current one is about four months old. Cal Spas delivered my tubs and that was it. I wish they installed the tubs since it was inconvenient. But other than that, Cal Spas has a nice team. I have no issues. That's why I keep going back.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

When we bought a Cal Spas hot tub, the installation was done perfectly. They did all the work and gave us all the information. I'm perfectly satisfied and happy with the experience.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

We had a tub for 14 years and we got talked into a new one. But the new one was grossly disappointing compared to the old one so we traded that one back in. What we got was closer to what we had before. It's still not as good as our initial one, but it's as good as you can expect. The installation guys for Cal Spas went out of their way to make sure things were set up properly. My only disappointment is having the new tub not performing nearly as good as what I was told and what I was sold. I probably would've kept my old one until it died if I had known the operation difference. It has a different filtering system and less power, but it works.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

Our experience with Cal Spas has been good. The installation team was fine. We've had the tub for eight months now and it's been good.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

My uncle had a Cal Spa. I bought mine in February, but it was installed in April. The installation part was absolutely terrible. The installers came unprepared. They were highly unprofessional. They had to use my tools. I would never recommend anybody to go through the installers and the people that delivered it. Everything’s up and running though, and the spa itself is great. I would recommend the spa 100%.

Cal Spas expert review by Kate Williams, Ph.D.

Founded in 1979, this company is an innovator in the hot tub business, holding 28 trademarks and 48 design patents. This company offers a wide variety of patio hot tubs, in-ground hot tubs and Swim Pro swim spas.

• Fountain of Youth™: This trademarked product uses micro-bubbles to increase oxygen levels in the water. Cal Spa states that this hydrotherapy rejuvenates the body and skin.

• Trade in value: Trade in an old hot tub and get money toward a brand new Cal Spas hot tub or swim spa. Use the web form to obtain a free, no-obligation trade-in estimate.

• Exclusive offers: By signing up for the Cal Spas newsletter on the website, consumers gain access to exclusive offers.

• Cal Spas blog: The Cal Spas blog offers advice on hot tub and swim spa ownership and repair, as well as a variety of health-related topics.

• Customer support: Cal Spas offers customer support via phone or email or by using their contact form online.

• Best for: Consumers needing therapy, consumers wanting relaxation and consumers needing exercise.

Profile picture of Kate Williams, Ph.D.
Kate Williams, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kate Williams, Ph.D. believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase. She spends countless hours researching companies and industries before writing buyers guides to make sure consumers have all the information they need to make smart, informed buying decisions.

Cal Spas Company Information