2. Homeowners
  3. Hot Tubs

4.2/5 (706 ratings)

About Cal Spas

With over 35 years of experience, Cal Spas is a provider of luxury spas and accessories. We pride ourselves in being a top Global Manufacturer of Home Resort Products.

Find Hot Tubs partners near you

Pros

• Customizable jet configurations
    • Warranty on all models
    • Hydrotherapy massage features

Cons

• No instant trade-in quotes
    • Prices found through local dealers

Bottom Line

Cal Spas offers a range of highly customizable hot tub models with a variety of seating options and jet configurations. All of its hot tubs come with a standard warranty, but pricing estimates aren’t available online.

Top Cal Spas Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

We got the Aqua 730 Lounge. It has the one seat that’s a lounge, and then it has the little lights in it. And the rest are seats and they have the jets on each seat and the lounge...

Verified

They're pretty much the best in terms of quality and total protection warranty. And I've had very positive interactions with their reps. I got an eight-foot tub, and the installat...

Cal Spas review

Cal Spas' hot tubs feature cutting-edge jet configuration technology that provides a full hydrotherapy session with every soak. The company offers customizable jet configurations, seating and entertainment accessories, including curved-cascade LED waterfalls. Cal Spas' Plug-N-Play hot tubs are easy to use without installing new wiring in your home or condo.

The U-Select option lets customers choose between options for the hot tub's design and seating, including bench seats and lounge seats with spa jets positioned to target both your upper and lower body during a hydrotherapy session. Its Kool seat lets you comfortably acclimate to the temperature when getting in or out of the tub. The company’s patented, stainless steel Candy Cane jets provide different massage options so every soak is satisfying.

Cal Spas models

Cal Spas manufactures three series of hot tubs: Patio, Escape and Platinum. Each series has a selection of models with different seating and jet configurations plus other customizable options. Price ranges vary with each model and series, and the company offers free online quotes upon request.

• Cal Spas Patio collection: The Cal Spas Patio Spa collection offers Plug-N-Play technology that's easy and quick to install with a 110-volt outlet. Popular models include the Round PZ-5112, a six-person hot tub with 11 jets that features a 5.5kW titanium heater and a 5-inch multi-color LED spa light. Another popular hot tub in the Patio series, The Balboa PZ-517L, seats three people and comes with 17 jets.
    • Cal Spas Escape collection The Escape series comes with adjustable controls to personalize each soak. Escape Plus Spas provide a three-pump system with hydromassage technology. The Pacifica EC-739L offers room for six people and has 39 jets. The Tropical EC-739B comes with waterfalls and a perimeter LED lighting package.
    • Cal Spas Platinum collection Cal Spas' Platinum series includes U-Select jet options. The U-Select jet provides hydrotherapy massages for the feet, shins, shoulders, back and neck. One popular Platinum series model, the Huntington PL-772L, seats six people, comes with 72 jets and includes a 20-foot cascade LED waterfall. Other hot tubs in the series have up to 93 jets.

Cal Spa prices

To find out the cost of a Cal Spas hot tub model, request a quote online. Certified Cal Spas dealers near you follow up with more information about the pricing and availability of the spas that interest you.

Most reviews state that Cal Spas are reasonably priced. Costs for entry-level hot tubs cap at around $7,000, and luxury models start at $13,000.

Cal Spas also accepts trade-ins — fill out its online form with information on the series, model and age of your spa to get a competitive, no-obligation trade-in estimate.

Cal Spa accessories

Customers can find a variety of hot tub extras and decor options available with the Cal Metro product line, including hot tub steps, benches, privacy screens, bars and barstools. Cal Spas' covers keep debris out of your hot tub and help it run more efficiently. You can also purchase pillows, headrests, filters and replacement parts. Replacement filters are available online for each hot tub model.

Cal Spas warranty

Depending on the series and model, each Cal Spas hot tub includes:

• A five- or 10-year shell structure warranty
    • A two- or seven-year shell finish warranty
    • A two- or five-year parts warranty
    • A two- or five-year labor warranty
    • A one- or five-year cabinet warranty

The owners' manual provides more detailed information on the warranty you have based on the model you bought. Make sure you understand the warranty included with your hot tub before purchasing it.

Cal Spas FAQ

Where is the Cal Spas factory?
    The Cal Spas factory is in Pomona, California.
    What is the Cal Spas app?
    The Cal Spas app is a tool used by dealers to showcase updated listings and manuals. It also offers helpful troubleshooting guides to help Cal Spas hot tub owners.
    How do you reset a Cal Spa?
    If your spa is under warranty, you must have all services performed by a spa service tech or risk voiding your warranty. If you’re having a repair issue with your spa, it’s best to call a spa dealer to schedule service.
    How much does a Cal Spa cost?
    Cal Spas’ prices depend on the model you choose and the features you want. You can request a free quote online to have a certified local dealer contact you directly with pricing and availability.
    Are Cal Spas any good?
    Cal Spas constructs its hot tubs for strength and durability. Its spas have several features, including:
    • U-Select Hydrotherapy system: This system allows you to select different combinations of jets from ten configurations. The U-Select Hydrotherapy system allows users to target specific muscles and choose different pressure intensities.
    • Adjustable Therapy system: This system offers targeted muscle relief therapy. Seats are constructed to conform to your shape, and the jets are placed along specific lines of the body. Nine different jet pressure levels are available. A motor and control panel allow users to personalize each massage system.
    • Aquatic Air Therapy: Aquatic Air Therapy Jets offer an optimal massage therapy experience for aching muscles and joints. The Flex Jet offers a gentle but firm stream for delicate areas of the body, including the hands, wrists or knees. The Duo Jet is for larger parts of the body, such as the back or shoulders. The Precision Jet uses a combination of air and water to target problem areas.
    • Pro Trainer: The Pro Trainer allows swimmers to adjust all of the jets at once. There are six different speeds of swim currents that offer everything from low-resistance aquatic workouts to more intense training. The Smart Control module has a Swim Pro Workout button that lets swimmers choose from different types of training.
    • Fountain of Youth: This patented hydrotherapy uses micro-bubbles, which increase oxygen levels in the water to energize your skin and increase collagen production. The system also kills bacteria and promotes healing.

Are Cal Spas hot tubs worth it?

Yes, Cal Spas are worth a closer look if you are considering a new hot tub. The company offers a variety of customizable products, including hot tubs and swim spas. However, pricing isn't readily available without a quote from a local Cal Spa dealer, which can slow down your decision-making process. Still, local customer service representatives can help you select the perfect model for your budget.

Cal Spas Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cal Spas?

Original review: May 22, 2021

I already knew that Cal Spas existed, but I didn't look at them until I was at the Valley fair. Also, I read about them. I knew they are all worthy and they were good spas. The installers came in on a flatbed truck set on furniture dollies. And then I have a double gate, so it came on dollies on its side into my backyard. They were nice guys.

I got a good deal. I got the model that only has seats, jets for the spa on one end. It's a large swim spa. But I only got it for the pool part of it, not just the spa side. So it doesn't have a lot of seats. Only the two on the one end that have jets for the spa side. I've had shoulder surgery so the jets on my one side are different than the jets on the other side. That was my favorite spot.

The only thing I'm not happy about my spa is I have a crack at the top of it. I already have Astro Turf down and under the Astro Turf is a bunch of sand because I used to have above ground pools. So the sand is still all there. And then I have Astro Turf on top of it. They told me I needed to put pea gravel down on top of the Astro Turf to be able to level the spa. When the workers came out to deliver it, they said I didn't need to do that. But because of the pea gravel, the spa is not sitting level now. I used it a lot the first year. A lot by half the time the second year. I haven't used it all this year. It has been empty. I have cracks on the top edge because the spa is not sitting level. I have to call somebody out to level it. Cal Spas has not returned my calls back a lot when I called Secard. I don't know who to call. But I took pictures of it and I passed around to people who are interested. I still promote Cal Spas.

Original review: March 4, 2021

It has been a great experience with our Cal Spas hot tub. This is our second one and we’ve had it a long time. We had our first one for nine years and it was also a Cal Spas. We go to the store and buy our chemicals and the guys are great to deal with. They always have what we need and they answer any questions that we have. The quality of the hot tub is excellent and that thing is a lifesaver at times when you’re so sore. I already have recommended Cal Spas to people and they thought about getting a hot tub.

Get buying tips about Hot Tubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

My mom researched different companies and decided that Cal Spas was the one that would meet her needs better. Making the purchase and getting everything installed was an easy process. It probably took a little longer for us because we had to have an electrician out to do the right wiring for the spa. The only issue that we had with the installation was that they didn't have the right hardware to attach the safety arm that covers the top so that didn't get done. But the spa has a good size. It has the lounge spot and the different jets. It's a little tricky sometimes with some of the controls though.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

My husband likes the privacy of Cal Spas. He can swim in it in the back and doesn't have to go to public pools. The installers of our spa were pretty good. The only thing is the foundation where they put the spa. The seat bent. They put the spa on too soon before the cement dried and it cracked. They tried to remedy that but they weren't able to. But the spa itself is working great. Customer service has been great too. If we have any questions, they are very willing to show us and help us.

We like our Cal Spas and it has been nice. We were really going in the spa until I had a car accident and my husband got hurt too. We haven't been able to get into it for maybe a year. But our grandkids loved it. It’s really cold here right now but I would like to start using the spa again. And I will as soon as the doctor lets me.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2020

The people at the Cal Spas showroom were spectacular. Our landscaper drove over to talk to them about how things worked and they helped explain everything to him. The salesman was great and so was the lady in the office that helped us. There was a really good customer service. But the installation part was a little tough. We had ideal conditions in that we had a brand new home built. But the spa is so large that we had to find a crane company to deliver it into our backyard. Luckily no homes had been built behind us yet. What happened was the crane we hired was short and couldn't get in. And the company didn't bring the backup materials to be able to bring the spa to our front yard. They had to come back out another time which meant we had to hire another crane. We got charged a show-up fee for the crane. That was the downside. The delivery was difficult and unorganized.

That aside, our Cal Spas is of extremely good quality. Everything was installed beautifully. We follow the guidelines in the booklet that we got about how often to clean it and maintain it. With that, ours is in excellent shape. We love the fact that we can switch our Cal Spas back and forth between a spa and a swimming pool. In the area we live in, it gets really hot in the summer but we have access to the spa for the rest of the year. We like how it's versatile that way. We also really like that our Cal Spas is large for a spa. When we use it as a spa, we can swim around in the warm water. We really love our Cal Spas and we're glad we bought it.

Original review: June 25, 2021

I complained about the jets and nobody ever reached out to me or called me. But my experience wasn't too bad. It was easy to go online and order things. I recommended it to my stepdaughter.

Original review: June 9, 2021

My spa is fine but the cover is not that great. After a while with the rain, it starts to bevel in. It's not as sturdy as it should be and it has bellowed in. The guy that sold the spa to me came out and fixed it.

Original review: May 13, 2021

The reps from Cal Spas did a good job when we bought the hot tub. The grandkids are starting to use it a lot more and it’s holding up great. We've had no problems so far. So, we highly recommend it.

Original review: May 7, 2021

We absolutely love our Cal Spas hot tub. It's a great product. You definitely get what you pay for. I love all the different light settings that we can do and the fountain in the back. We can have that on or off. We also enjoy the foot things on the floor. We love Cal Spas' customer service and everything that we get through them too. The company is awesome. If we have something come up, we call and they take good care of us.

Original review: April 29, 2021

The reps were friendly and went out of their way to answer any questions. The delivery was perfect, on time and there were no issues. I enjoy the jets and the cost against the quality was good.

Take a Hot Tub Quiz