2. Homeowners
  3. Hot Tubs
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.49/5

With over 35 years of experience, Cal Spas is a provider of luxury spas and accessories. We pride ourselves in being a top Global Manufacturer of Home Resort Products.

Innovation and technological advancements are top priorities when crafting Cal Spas products. Built with more standard features and designer appeal, our products are a great addition to any outdoor space.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

Cal Spas Reviews

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

We had another Cal Spas tub for 12 years, but the motors weren’t working great and a lot of the stuff was getting outdated. Plus, it was hard to get a part. We decided to update and we went with Cal Spas because we seem to have good service from Cal Spas in Plymouth. We order our chemicals from them and if you order over $100, you don't have to pay shipping. Plus, they have usually been good to come if we needed them.

We bought a nine-seater hot tub and it has the waterfall and many jets. Their team was good. We had a good experience except they didn't finish positioning the hot tub on the patio. The hot tub was very heavy so it was very hard for me and my husband. We had to make some rollers and get that done. The first time, they positioned it, filled it, and made sure everything worked, but they didn't do that this time. And even though we had the electrical inspected properly before, we had to have it done again and they had to wait until we had that done. The hot tub is very easy to use though. The controls are very easy and the tub stays clean. We filled it in April and our water is still very clean. Also, the heat up and cool off is really nice.

Get expert buying tips about Hot Tubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 29, 2019

I owned a Cal Spas in California about 10 years ago. They stand by their products and their name is worth something in the market. Three months ago, I got the Patio KONA Plus from Cal Spas and I had the ozonator put in as an upgrade. It is self-explanatory, and you don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure it out. It's a three-person spa for me, and it's working fine. But the people who brought it were understaffed. Two of the people that were gonna help put it in called in sick. So, I ended up having to pitch in. I'm not decrepit and helpless, but I don't wanna break any bones or get any hernias from doing heavy lifting. So, it would have been helpful to have more people here, but that was not Cal Spas. It was the delivery guy.

Original review: June 7, 2019

We saw Cal Spas around local facilities. Every year, we always went and looked at all of them. My wife had been pressuring me and finally, she talked me into getting one. It was just time. It turned out she was right. The people there gave us a really good deal. Two guys came over to do the installation. They carried the hot tub into the backyard and set it down on the ground. It was good to go. They also showed us how to do everything.

We have the portable plug-in spa that can accommodate seven or eight people and can hold 500 gallons of water. We've had our spa for a year and eight months now and we like it a lot. We still use it every day and it has become part of our nightly routine. We sit out, look at the stars, and have our husband and wife talk of the day. It's very relaxing. We are very pleased.

Original review: May 12, 2019

I had a excellent experience with Cal Spas. I got the unit because I have issues with my back and it has helped. We have the waterfall and the light on there. We also have the handrail, the Bluetooth speakers and the gazebo. The installation was also a good experience, although it was kind of a pain because I had to get a crane to pick the unit up over my garage to put it in the backyard. But the rep knew her product and was good. Cal Spas gave me some veteran perks too. Then when I saw the rep the following year and spoke to her, she gave me some information on how to keep my water clean. When I had to call for some repair issues, they were prompt with getting someone out to take care of those issues as well.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I've been using Cal Spas since 2009. I have two Cal Spas - a swim spa and a regular spa. The original spa purchase was at California Backyard and the swim spa was at a recent home show. I like the layout of the swim spa that Cal Spas has versus a couple of the other ones that are out there. The installation took about two months and it was good. The reps and I had a lot of messages, emails back and forth with photos and some telephone calls trying to get everything set up 'cause they weren't sure if they could deliver it to our lot. But in the end, they were able to get everything set up and delivered. Now we use the spa quite frequently. It's nice to relax and get a little workout at home and not have to worry about other people being around.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cal Spas?

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

I had a Cal Spas before and got another one from them. This one is a lot better than the old one. It has better controls, and there are more jets and features. The installation went reasonably good, except for the fact that the dealership wouldn’t connect the electrical. They refused to do it. I had to deal with the electrical connection. They were sort of not very consumer-friendly. But other than that, I was reasonably satisfied. Right now, I went out and it doesn’t work. It’s got a GFI fault. It’s got a short circuit somewhere. The quality is not very good at all.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

I like the jets and the number of jets on the Cal Spas tub. And everything went the way it was supposed to during the installation.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I looked up a Cal Spas place on the internet, and when I found where it was, I went over there. It was close to home and it was convenient. The installation went really well and the quality of the spa is good. I like the jets and they're really good. Working with Cal Spas was a good experience.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

I ordered my Hot Tub through Costco at a nice discount. Upon final installation the installer noticed a leak coming from one of the jets. I reached out to Costco and they told me I would need to reach out to Cal Spas. I purchased the unit back in October 2019. Since the service was reported Cal Spas has been very gifted at giving us and Costco the runaround about fixing the problem. We had to pay $95.00 to get their recommended warranty company to come look at it... He determined it was leaking and needed to be re-sealed but needed to wait on a part. The second trip he determined he couldn't get it to seal. Costco was told by Cal Spas that they talked to me and they would come back out on January 2, 2020 to fix it but, they had never reached out. Costco has been trying to connect with them but has been unsuccessful. Still waiting!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

We had family and friends that had Cal Spas in the past. I went on the internet and found the closest place to me, which was Secard Pools. We went down there and talked, and spent an hour looking at the different spas and listening to the rep. And we looked around for other deals on the internet, though, but we decided to go with Cal Spas. My husband got a veteran discount too. We got the Aqua 730 Lounge. It has the one seat that’s a lounge, and then it has the little lights in it. And the rest are seats and they have the jets on each seat and the lounge. Its quality is excellent. I would tell others to look at Cal Spas because it’s wonderful. I haven’t had any problems with it and it’s what I needed.

Cal Spas expert review by Kate Williams, Ph.D.

Founded in 1979, this company is an innovator in the hot tub business, holding 28 trademarks and 48 design patents. This company offers a wide variety of patio hot tubs, in-ground hot tubs and Swim Pro swim spas.

• Fountain of Youth™: This trademarked product uses micro-bubbles to increase oxygen levels in the water. Cal Spa states that this hydrotherapy rejuvenates the body and skin.

• Trade in value: Trade in an old hot tub and get money toward a brand new Cal Spas hot tub or swim spa. Use the web form to obtain a free, no-obligation trade-in estimate.

• Exclusive offers: By signing up for the Cal Spas newsletter on the website, consumers gain access to exclusive offers.

• Cal Spas blog: The Cal Spas blog offers advice on hot tub and swim spa ownership and repair, as well as a variety of health-related topics.

• Customer support: Cal Spas offers customer support via phone or email or by using their contact form online.

• Best for: Consumers needing therapy, consumers wanting relaxation and consumers needing exercise.

by Kate Williams, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kate Williams, Ph.D. believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase. She spends countless hours researching companies and industries before writing buyers guides to make sure consumers have all the information they need to make smart, informed buying decisions.

Cal Spas Company Information