2. Homeowners
  3. Hot Tubs
Accredited Partner

Get a Free Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.42/5

With over 35 years of experience, Cal Spas is a provider of luxury spas and accessories. We pride ourselves in being a top Global Manufacturer of Home Resort Products.

Innovation and technological advancements are top priorities when crafting Cal Spas products. Built with more standard features and designer appeal, our products are a great addition to any outdoor space.

View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Cal Spas offers a range of highly customizable hot tub models with a variety of seating options and jet configurations. All of its hot tubs come with a standard warranty, but pricing estimates aren’t available online.

PROS

• Customizable jet configurations
  • Warranty on all models
  • Hydrotherapy massage features

CONS

• No instant trade-in quotes
  • Prices found through local dealers

Top Cal Spas Reviews

We got the Aqua 730 Lounge. It has the one seat that’s a lounge, and then it has the little lights in it. And the rest are seats and they have the jets on each seat and the lounge. Its quality is excellent.

They're pretty much the best in terms of quality and total protection warranty. And I've had very positive interactions with their reps. I got an eight-foot tub, and the installation was easy except ... It works, and it has a decent power. It has good reliability.

Cal Spas review

Cal Spas' hot tubs feature cutting-edge jet configuration technology that provides a full hydrotherapy session with every soak. The company offers customizable jet configurations, seating and entertainment accessories, including curved-cascade LED waterfalls. Cal Spas' Plug-N-Play hot tubs are easy to use without installing new wiring in your home or condo.

The U-Select option lets customers choose between options for the hot tub's design and seating, including bench seats and lounge seats with spa jets positioned to target both your upper and lower body during a hydrotherapy session. Its Kool seat lets you comfortably acclimate to the temperature when getting in or out of the tub. The company’s patented, stainless steel Candy Cane jets provide different massage options so every soak is satisfying.

Cal Spas models

Cal Spas manufactures three series of hot tubs: Patio, Escape and Platinum. Each series has a selection of models with different seating and jet configurations plus other customizable options. Price ranges vary with each model and series, and the company offers free online quotes upon request.

• Cal Spas Patio collection: The Cal Spas Patio Spa collection offers Plug-N-Play technology that's easy and quick to install with a 110-volt outlet. Popular models include the Round PZ-5112, a six-person hot tub with 11 jets that features a 5.5kW titanium heater and a 5-inch multi-color LED spa light. Another popular hot tub in the Patio series, The Balboa PZ-517L, seats three people and comes with 17 jets.
  • Cal Spas Escape collection The Escape series comes with adjustable controls to personalize each soak. Escape Plus Spas provide a three-pump system with hydromassage technology. The Pacifica EC-739L offers room for six people and has 39 jets. The Tropical EC-739B comes with waterfalls and a perimeter LED lighting package.
  • Cal Spas Platinum collection Cal Spas' Platinum series includes U-Select jet options. The U-Select jet provides hydrotherapy massages for the feet, shins, shoulders, back and neck. One popular Platinum series model, the Huntington PL-772L, seats six people, comes with 72 jets and includes a 20-foot cascade LED waterfall. Other hot tubs in the series have up to 93 jets.

Cal Spa prices

To find out the cost of a Cal Spas hot tub model, request a quote online. Certified Cal Spas dealers near you follow up with more information about the pricing and availability of the spas that interest you.

Most reviews state that Cal Spas are reasonably priced. Costs for entry-level hot tubs cap at around $7,000, and luxury models start at $13,000.

Cal Spas also accepts trade-ins — fill out its online form with information on the series, model and age of your spa to get a competitive, no-obligation trade-in estimate.

Cal Spa accessories

Customers can find a variety of hot tub extras and decor options available with the Cal Metro product line, including hot tub steps, benches, privacy screens, bars and barstools. Cal Spas' covers keep debris out of your hot tub and help it run more efficiently. You can also purchase pillows, headrests, filters and replacement parts. Replacement filters are available online for each hot tub model.

Cal Spas warranty

Depending on the series and model, each Cal Spas hot tub includes:

• A five- or 10-year shell structure warranty
  • A two- or seven-year shell finish warranty
  • A two- or five-year parts warranty
  • A two- or five-year labor warranty
  • A one- or five-year cabinet warranty

The owners' manual provides more detailed information on the warranty you have based on the model you bought. Make sure you understand the warranty included with your hot tub before purchasing it.

Cal Spas FAQ

Where is the Cal Spas factory?
The Cal Spas factory is in Pomona, California.
What is the Cal Spas app?
The Cal Spas app is a tool used by dealers to showcase updated listings and manuals. It also offers helpful troubleshooting guides to help Cal Spas hot tub owners.
How do you reset a Cal Spa?
If your spa is under warranty, you must have all services performed by a spa service tech or risk voiding your warranty. If you’re having a repair issue with your spa, it’s best to call a spa dealer to schedule service.
How much does a Cal Spa cost?
Cal Spas’ prices depend on the model you choose and the features you want. You can request a free quote online to have a certified local dealer contact you directly with pricing and availability.
Are Cal Spas any good?
Cal Spas constructs its hot tubs for strength and durability. Its spas have several features, including:
  • U-Select Hydrotherapy system: This system allows you to select different combinations of jets from ten configurations. The U-Select Hydrotherapy system allows users to target specific muscles and choose different pressure intensities.
  • Adjustable Therapy system: This system offers targeted muscle relief therapy. Seats are constructed to conform to your shape, and the jets are placed along specific lines of the body. Nine different jet pressure levels are available. A motor and control panel allow users to personalize each massage system.
  • Aquatic Air Therapy: Aquatic Air Therapy Jets offer an optimal massage therapy experience for aching muscles and joints. The Flex Jet offers a gentle but firm stream for delicate areas of the body, including the hands, wrists or knees. The Duo Jet is for larger parts of the body, such as the back or shoulders. The Precision Jet uses a combination of air and water to target problem areas.
  • Pro Trainer: The Pro Trainer allows swimmers to adjust all of the jets at once. There are six different speeds of swim currents that offer everything from low-resistance aquatic workouts to more intense training. The Smart Control module has a Swim Pro Workout button that lets swimmers choose from different types of training.
  • Fountain of Youth: This patented hydrotherapy uses micro-bubbles, which increase oxygen levels in the water to energize your skin and increase collagen production. The system also kills bacteria and promotes healing.

Are Cal Spas hot tubs worth it?

Yes, Cal Spas are worth a closer look if you are considering a new hot tub. The company offers a variety of customizable products, including hot tubs and swim spas. However, pricing isn't readily available without a quote from a local Cal Spa dealer, which can slow down your decision-making process. Still, local customer service representatives can help you select the perfect model for your budget.

Cal Spas Reviews

Original review: March 21, 2020

We did some research online independent of talking to anybody and had some ideas of what we wanted to do and looked at a couple other manufacturers. But we never heard of Cal Spas until we were at the Minnesota State Fair. The gentleman that we worked with was named Dylan. He was very good and very informative. This was the first hot tub we ever bought. I peeked at the ConsumerAffairs website before I bought the spa and they ranked pretty good, so I felt pretty good about the purchase.

In all due respect to the gentlemen that were delivering it, we were about 70 miles from their facility and they had about six other deliveries to do that day. They were thorough and they covered the basics. Would I have liked to spend more time with them? Yes. But as a guy who works on the road too, I can empathize a bit with the fact that they had a lot of work ahead of them because we were their second stop of the day. Cal Spas did an awful good job. They exceeded our expectations. We have been using the tub for a year and a half now. It has been flawless. The local branch where I get my maintenance items from for them has been extremely helpful, very good and very easy to deal with. And they have really been a good resource for me to keep the tub running pretty much maintenance-free since we got it.

Get expert buying tips about Hot Tubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 14, 2020

Everything was perfect during the installation of our bathtub. The three big guys who did that were wonderful and they didn't damage anything. We’ve had our bathtub for the last year and a half now. We're happy and we're definitely enjoying it. We like hot water and I use the tub every single night. But we had to call one time and had some help. We got that all figured out. We have some issues sometimes. It’s random, but the tub won’t let us set the times and dates for the filtration system. The computer board is messed up. My husband contacted Cal Spas and they told him how to reset it by shutting it down and rebooting it. They explained to him that it was like a computer. It all worked great. He hasn't called them back since because he has done that a few times. It works for a while.

We haven't had any other problems. Our neighbor has two filters for his spa and all that kind of stuff. He has a different brand. He has to clean the filters constantly. We don't want to do that. Ours is perfect. We have one big filter which my husband cleans once in a while and we're good to go. We can buy one at 40 bucks which is inexpensive. We got two so one’s always clean.

Original review: March 12, 2020

We were at a Cal Expo show and met a gentleman over there. He told us to come by and that we could get a Cal Spas product. It was last year’s model and they gave us a nice little deal on it. Then for the installation, they informed us that we had to get an electrician and we had to pay for a crane because it had to be lifted over the house. I didn't like paying for it, but if you want it, that’s what you had to do. Other than that, I like all of the features of our new spa. I like getting in it and relaxing. I appreciate Cal Spas' service, too. I called once because I wasn’t sure about the heater. It seemed like it would come on quite a bit and I'd hear the sound like it was running. The lady informed me that the heater comes on periodically to keep the water up to the temperature you want. So, now I’m kinda used to that and I have no other problem. I also got a warranty on it and all the things that I deem necessary.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

We had another Cal Spas tub for 12 years, but the motors weren’t working great and a lot of the stuff was getting outdated. Plus, it was hard to get a part. We decided to update and we went with Cal Spas because we seem to have good service from Cal Spas in Plymouth. We order our chemicals from them and if you order over $100, you don't have to pay shipping. Plus, they have usually been good to come if we needed them.

We bought a nine-seater hot tub and it has the waterfall and many jets. Their team was good. We had a good experience except they didn't finish positioning the hot tub on the patio. The hot tub was very heavy so it was very hard for me and my husband. We had to make some rollers and get that done. The first time, they positioned it, filled it, and made sure everything worked, but they didn't do that this time. And even though we had the electrical inspected properly before, we had to have it done again and they had to wait until we had that done. The hot tub is very easy to use though. The controls are very easy and the tub stays clean. We filled it in April and our water is still very clean. Also, the heat up and cool off is really nice.

Original review: June 7, 2019

We saw Cal Spas around local facilities. Every year, we always went and looked at all of them. My wife had been pressuring me and finally, she talked me into getting one. It was just time. It turned out she was right. The people there gave us a really good deal. Two guys came over to do the installation. They carried the hot tub into the backyard and set it down on the ground. It was good to go. They also showed us how to do everything.

We have the portable plug-in spa that can accommodate seven or eight people and can hold 500 gallons of water. We've had our spa for a year and eight months now and we like it a lot. We still use it every day and it has become part of our nightly routine. We sit out, look at the stars, and have our husband and wife talk of the day. It's very relaxing. We are very pleased.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cal Spas?

Original review: April 4, 2020

We saw Cal Spas at the Minnesota State Fair. I was here when the delivery guys were here and they were all very good, very professional, and very fast. The only complaint I have about the tub is the lights around the outside of the control panel are not able to turn off. It’s always on. I just cover it with a towel. But other than that, I've been very pleased with the tub. We like the layout of the seating and the jets.

Original review: April 2, 2020

Cal Spas is a well-known brand but we saw it at the state fair. We received good customer service when we got the tub. We installed it ourselves. After getting it installed, we had no help whatsoever. I contacted by phone. I couldn’t find the right manual because we were given the wrong one. And then, I went into a store and the guy said there wasn’t even a manual available for that one. So, it wasn’t until a month or so later did we get the manual for it.

We got the tub in November so it froze over and we didn’t install the tub until April. They said that in the first time using it, they’ll come and explain how to use it.

But then, we had a guy come out and help us, and teach us how to use it. He was there not even 20 minutes and that was it. He didn’t really teach me anything. He didn’t explain much because we went through all the options in the menu and he was like, “You don't need to know about that. That's nothing, that’s nothing. You only need to know these three.” It was temperature and speeds, and that was it.

Additionally, our starter kit was for the smaller tub and I had to purchase more stuff because of the iron in the water. And then, once the guy realized that, he said that we only had enough for the smaller tubs. But it’s just the hassle of trying to figure out how much chemical I needed to put in there because I didn’t want to waste it or put in the wrong one. The guy was like, “Well, if it looks like this, then just add a little bit of this.” And was like, “Well, can I get a measurement?” I was supposed to have the store manager come out but he went on vacation, and then, I didn’t hear from him after that. So, I’ve just been learning how to use it.

Original review: March 27, 2020

Everything went okay with Cal Spas, but it could've been better. Customer service is a little bit lacking. You'd call in and it would take a while to get an answer from them. Then, they'd have to farm things out and that took more time to get some things done on it. They used a delivery service and they did fine. They showed up and put it down. The one thing they do not do is the electrical on it. Maybe they should look at having the electrical done too. The quality of the tub is pretty good so far. But the tub I had before was a little sturdier. Also, they matched up the wrong Bluetooth to the sound system in it and they didn't correct it with me.

Original review: March 24, 2020

I have a Cal Spas hot tub. It’s a nice thing. I haven't been able to use it much but other than that, everything is good.

Original review: March 20, 2020

There's a couple of things that I'll change with our Cal Spa but overall, it's good. On the corner where there's a shoulder massage or neck massager, the jets are way too low and they don't even get close to my neck. My old one had that and the jets were higher and got down at you. It sprayed some water so they made them lower. Now, they don't hit your neck at all. But overall, I like the quality. It's wonderful. I bought it for medicinal purposes more so than recreational. It's soothing on the back. I used to go to the chiropractor twice a week. Now, I haven't been there in four months.

Cal Spas Company Information