toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

A friend referred me to Cal Spas. I’ve gone over their house and used their tub a few times and we always liked it. We had to get one of our own and ended up purchasing the Patio Spa last 2013. The product had no issues. Delivery crew was great. They answered all our questions and install went smoothly. We didn’t have it sunk in a deck so we were able to put it on the patio which is easy access and it went pretty good, then we got to have our training session with the dealer after the install was complete. It's a great way to get the family and friends together. Everyone loves sitting in the hot tub. We always have family and friends over and barbecue outside a lot more often because of it. We're very happy we bought the Cal Spa. Overall a great experience, helpful, friendly staff, and the local dealer.

Resolution In Progress

Cal Spas

Joel, we are so sorry that you had an unpleasant experience. Please let us make it right. Our Customer Care Team will be in touch you to try and make sure that you get the help you need.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

We were looking for a particular type of spa and ended up dealing with one of the Cal Spas dealers. They dropped the ball where they had to expedite it. For some reason, the order didn’t get put through so they were about three weeks late on the delivery which really upset my wife. We had to approach the company, figure out what was going on, and keep pushing them for answers until they finally took care of it. We got the 13-foot swim spa and have had it for a little less than a year now. However, it's not what we were told it would be. We spend a lot more money on our gas and especially on our electric every month.

Cal Spas

Hi Patricia! We're so happy that you are enjoying your Cal Spas. I'm sure that in time you will get comfortable with it. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help you. Enjoy!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2016

I was looking for hot tubs on the internet and came across Cal Spas. Their sales team were good and they answered all my questions. The installation team who came out here was an hour late because they were getting the spa, but it was okay. I'm visually impaired, so I haven't gotten comfortable with the tub yet. But my friends and family loved it. Overall, my experience with Cal Spas is very good and they're very professional.

Cal Spas

Hi Rob! It sounds like you guys love your spa! That's great! We're so glad that you made the choice to get a Cal Spa! Enjoy it!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2016

We had a Coleman Spa before and we really liked it. We wanted Cal Spas this time due to the availability of the store in our area and also because we like the guy at the store. The sales person was not pushy and told us what we wanted. I really liked that I got the very much of a no BS type of buy from him. He didn’t try to sell us something that we didn’t want. I really respected that. He was very available and answered questions. He listened to our needs associated with it and he matched them perfectly. I’m glad we went with them. I usually use the spa very early in the morning. I’ll hop in for 30 minutes before I go to work. It also gave our son a place that he can splash around. He’s four. And since it’s already warm, he can use it year-round instead of just a certain number months in the summer.

Cal Spas

Hi Jorge. We're so happy you're enjoying your Cal Spas! Make great memories with your family in the spa as you all relax and enjoy yourselves! Have fun with the Cal Spas lifestyle!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2016

We got Cal Spas and it's working good. We found it on one of the advertising mailers sent by local advertisers. I visited the local store in my area and a gentleman at the store helped, showed me around, showed me the pricing, and explained to me. He was very friendly and did a good job. We went with a decent one which was about $4500 and it's an exterior spa. It was delivered and the team did a great job. They were friendly, showed up on time, and set it up. It's the first spa we bought and been using it for about six months now. Despite its obvious lining, the machine is very reliable. It seems like a nice a spa and we're doing great so far. We've no problems whatsoever. Sometimes the kids or me and my wife go in and have family time. We like the spa and it's very good for relaxing. We're having a good time, we're enjoying it, and we're happy with it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cal Spas?

Cal Spas

Hi Brenden! We're so happy that you enjoy your spa twice a week! You're the exact kind of customer we love having! That 7 seater will be great for parties and family events!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

I bought my first Cal Spas about 10 years ago when there was a retail location in Corona, California. I did another purchase earlier this year, a seven-seater hot tub, and they did a good job. The installation went smoothly and they showed up on time. I'm happy to have the tub. I use it twice a week, and it's a good thing to have. Overall, it was a good experience and I had no problems.

Resolution In Progress

Cal Spas

Hello Vera. We are so saddened to hear that you didn't enjoy your Cal Spas purchase or have a successful installation. Please let us help you. We may be reached at (800) 225-7727. I hope we may be of assistance.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2016

I purchased one Cal Spas when they used to have their dealer right here at Ontario 63. My first pack came from them and it was wonderful. I never had any problems, and the people were very professional. The person that I dealt with was on top of everything. When I went looking for them again, I found out they were no longer there. When Yelp them, Cal Spas doesn't have stores anymore, just dealers.

I wanted a hot tub, and the guy there who told me he was the manager, said that they had two in the premises. I asked him to tell me the difference between one and the other, and then as I decided to buy one of them and selected the color, he told me that it had to be manufactured. I also wanted to purchase the gazebo to go with it, and he showed me that they carried it in there too, so I ordered that as well. He was able to answer all my questions and seemed to know what he was selling, so I felt a bit comfortable. I gave my down payment to have this tub built, and they were going to call me when they were going to deliver it.

The delivery was horrible. The Cal Spas distributor told me six weeks and then six weeks went by and nobody ever had the courtesy to call me about what was going on. I called Vince and he had to call the people about where they were going to transport the spa from. All they could tell me was they were either too busy or the delivery could not be done. I waited more than eight weeks for them to deliver. Then on the day they delivered it the one that they were bringing to the place was the same size as the previous spa that I had come through the same area which was the side of the house. The people didn't want to bring it in from there because according to them, the measurements wouldn’t fit. I had to have an air conditioner that I had in there removed, which cost me $350 to do so and install again.

I wasn't ready up to my head with the delay, so I scheduled for the following week. The following week, the installers came and they were going to install the gazebo, but when they installed, they broke one of the panels in the front of the hot tub. It was cracked and it had a big dent which was very obvious. They also scratched the tub on the top where one could see it very well. Then the gazebo was installed like I installed it myself. Nobody knew the parts would not even match together. They had all the nails where they drilled and they could knock off through there and they opened another hole. It was horrible and I was paying $4000 for this.

I called and complained to the Cal Spas distributor, and the lady who answered the phone yelled and told me that it's not their custom to deliver things like that. I took pictures and sent them to her so that she could see what I was talking about. When she received the pictures, her answer to that was they had to see when they could fit me in their schedule to fix the problem. We went back and forth for four weeks more.

I have to have an attorney involved for the distributor to come and fix the problem, which has caused me more money. The only thing that they replaced was the panel and the only other thing that their rep did was make the gazebo to pull it all apart and have it rebuilt again the right way. I didn't want to proceed any further than that, but I definitely would never go down to their store and buy anything from them because they’re the worst people I can deal with. Overall the product is good, and that's why I went in there to get the same product again. I had no problems with the tubs in the past, but the distributor makes Cal Spas look really bad.

Cal Spas

Hi Sherry! We're so happy that you enjoy your spa and have lost weight using it! Sorry to hear about that hassle with the wall but we're glad it got resolved. Let us know if you need anything!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

My neighbor had recommended them, but I did all of my research on the internet. I asked for the top 10 spas that are reliable and has low repair cost. One of them was Arctic Spa, and the other one was Cal Spas. The place in Florida offered a $10,000 spa that included everything - shipping it out here and setting it up. And I thought if they can do it that cheap then I should be able to find one in California. It's gotta be $2000 less. But I didn't find any. I found Cal Spas and they were in Pomona. They were said that I had to go see them at a swimming store. I can't just go out to their factory, but I had to buy it through an authorized dealer. Secard Pools was the closest Cal Spas distributor so I went there.

I got a swim spa installed. It's seven feet by 14 feet. So it's very large. I had to take down a block wall. My house is on the corner and the trees or the electrical poles made it impossible for me to have a crane lift it over the fence which is why I had to take that down. The people come out. There were two crews. We had to tear all the small trees. They were very careful and responsible. They managed to get this two ton marble off of a great big huge flat bed and put it on a couple of dollies and move it into the backyard. They asked me where I wanted it. They made little chalk marks. So once they put it down, it stayed exactly there. And then they positioned the spa and plugged it in. They took off the wrappers and set up the internal things. And all I had to do was put in the hose.

The installers were very nice. I could tell they had done it many times before because they didn't do a lot of talking. They just went here and did the job. They laughed about the block wall because no one knew that when the original owners put it up, they filled it with cement. It was a nightmare trying to get it off. They tried cutting it and then they tried knocking off brick by brick. Finally they drilled a couple of holes, wrap a chain around it, and had to use a truck to pull it down. Each one of these blocks was full of cement. No one was gonna go through that fence. It was kind of a big deal and when the Cal Spas people came out, they had to make sure that all of the debris was out of the way.

The head guy did all the talking and ordering. He gave me starter kit, but they could have spent a little more time explaining it. They hand me the bag and they said it was all set up. All I need is to put in water. Later on I wanted to change something I didn't know how to do. I would have liked a video where I can read it and replay it so that I know what I'm doing.

When I first started putting it together, I had trouble breathing the chlorine so I went to a bromine mixture. For the first couple of months I just had a devil of a time. I finally called Cal Spas and they were real helpful. The guy told me what I had to do. I ended up going Leslie's Pool Supply and brought in a sample and they would test the water for me and then they told me, "You got to put one quarter cup of this. Two and two thirds cup of that. Three tablespoons of that." And none of that was in any of the brochures that I got. After that I finally got it adjusted and it's been great.

I'm a short, fat, old lady, and I've already lost 20 lbs. I go out there at least once a day, sometimes twice a day. I usually spend two hours or three hours initially. And then if I can, I'll spend another two hours in it. I really like it. You can turn on the propeller thing and it pushes water at you. It gives me more freedom because when you're in water, you don't weigh anything. So I can move my arms and legs when I swim. I've had some friends over and they all get in. It's just been a really wonderful experience.

Cal Spas

Hi Dennis! We're so glad you are enjoying your Cal Spas! The massaging jets and warm water will be sure to help you relax and soothe your body. We're sorry you're having a bit of difficulty with the controls. Could you please call us at (800) CAL-SPAS and we'd be happy to help you learn how to easily use your new spa. Or if email would be easier for you, please contact us at CustomerService@CalSpas.com. I'm sure we can help you and get your spa experience working even easier!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2016

The installer showed up, delivered the spa and put it in the place where I asked them to. He asked me if I know how to run it. I said no, so he gave me a quick little go-through thing. The water is great because I got sore bones and muscles. However, the spa's control panel is not user-friendly. I have four buttons with the words jets, lights, arrow up, arrow down and you have to push these different ones to get it to do one action. Then to change the different types of programs whether it be sleep mode or economy mode, you have to push these buttons multiple in a sequence. It's like a coded pad and not like pushing the word mode and change its mode. I told my wife that we shouldn’t spend another $5000 just to get the user-friendly panel. But everything was fine. It's been a good and pleasant experience with Cal Spas.

Cal Spas

That's great to hear Paul! We're so happy that our tubs make your back feel better. Please call us anytime you need help with your tub. I'm sure that our professional staff will be more than happy to help you enjoy your spa. Have a great weekend!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2016

The Cal Spas tub helps my back. I got the cheapest one they sell, a show special. The installers were really good. Yesterday, I called the company because the tub would not shut off at times and the guy on the phone gave an explanation which made sense. We love the tub. It has definitely improved our backyard and it's a great investment.

Why do you give a floating bromine dispenser? Owners manual says do not use them. They can become trapped in one area and cause over-sanitation, and chemical burn of the spa and cover of that particular area. The manual says only use granular bromine. Why do you give tablets and a floater as the startup chemicals?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went to four other places before I went to Cal Spas. I got what I wanted and a better price too since I got a floor model from them. During the installation, they showed up and asked me where I wanted the spa, and then I pointed it out and they went back inside. They did a pretty decent setup and explained everything. The tub is more for entertainment purposes and I have more parties after getting it installed. Also, the tub has an easy and simple upkeep - fill it with chlorine, drain it every six or seven months and then refill it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I purchased the swim spa from Cal Spas about eight months ago, but they haven't set it up yet. I've been building a deck around it, so I bunk it in the ground. I'm still waiting and maybe by the end of the week, they'll come out and install it for me. Their team was knowledgeable, friendly, and courteous.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I love Cal Spas. They have good quality and they've never disappointed us. Their team was really nice, professional, and fast. We're having a wonderful time with our hot tub. It's a wonderful product and I absolutely love it. I'm in it every night. Even during the summertime, I just put the temperature down low so we could use that as a pool too.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Cal Spas was recommended to us by a friend who bought one of their hot tubs. Installation of our hot tub went very well. The installers were good about communicating when our tub would be delivered and installed, and what was needed to be done in addition to them putting it on the premises in terms of hiring electricians and whatever else. They walked me through the maintenance process and had me sign up before they finish. Since installing it, we have had more quality family time without electronics since they can't be brought into the hot tub. Also, we have had friends over more frequently to spend time in the hot tub. We've had more enjoyable relaxation time.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The Cal Spas installers were over-the-top great. They were extremely helpful, very courteous, made sure everything went exceptionally well, and checked to make sure everything was right. We had some problems with the paneling as it started to come off and to warp because of the heat. A gentleman came out and put screws in so it wouldn’t do that and he was great. Then the cover ripped but it wasn’t bad and the tabs came off one side. I thought they were just gonna sew it but they replaced the whole cover. They were great and we’ve had no problem whatsoever. They’ve been on time and they call us when they’re coming, they’re here, or when they’re gonna be late. They made sure everything is done well, answered all our questions, and good contact-wise. It was a great experience and we’ve also recommended Cal Spas to some people.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I knew Cal Spas was pretty good. I had them install a hot tub but the installation was a little hit-and-miss at first. The installers didn’t know that they were supposed to take away the old spa when they got here. And then, I had to be charged more money for the delivery because of that, and I didn’t really have great communication with the company that sold it to me. Nevertheless, I really like my hot tub. It’s a bit smaller than what I had but it’s fine. The features are very nice and it’s very, very high quality. It has been very helpful because I’m older. There’s nothing better than to sit down on it after a long day at work.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We got our Cal Spas in February. It's on our deck and we use it all the time. We have had a leak lately and they've been out a few times to fix it. But then we love it and it's good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We got a hot tub as a wedding present and that was great and then when we've moved to this house now, it already had a hot tub. It was a great hot tub because we used it minimum three days a week all year so that hot tub finally burnt out. Now, we're putting the hurt on the new tub. The company that did the installation here in Lancaster has been unbelievable. I've always called the local dealer here and they've been insanely good. Their whole team is first rate. Our new tub is more modern than my previous one and it's got different jets set up. As the hot tub technology gets better, Cal Spas figured out what’s working, what’s not. This tub is definitely a step up, for sure. We love Cal Spas, everything's terrific.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I like the design of the spa at Cal Spas, however, I will never buy from them again as long as I live. Within three months, I had an issue but they don't have warranty people or a repair place. They contract it out and they don't tell you that. I paid $150 for the travel charge of the contractor and Cal Spas wasn't willing to do anything about that. And the speakers on the spa don't work. When they were repaired, they worked for about another month before they went bad again. They're not working at this point either. I would never recommend that company to anybody.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The company sent the installers to hook it all up, and they did a really good job. So far, we've been real happy with the patio spa we got from Cal Spas. We really like it a lot, particularly like the foot jet in the bottom of it. None of the spas I had before ever had it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We've had a good experience with Cal Spas. We've had no worries and we use it all the time. Everything went off as it was supposed to. I'd recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Cal Spas' sales reps were extremely friendly, professional, nice and offered a pair of swim spa for me, kind of saying come back the next day if I wanted to try it. I think I'm going back there too. I like them personally. The installation of our patio spa also went well. The installers showed up when they said they were going to show up and they put the spa right the way it was supposed to. We really enjoy the spa and think it's a great purchase. We use it pretty much every night.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've had my Cal Spas patio spa for about a year and it's fine. Everything with the installation was good. I'd recommend them!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a hot tub when I bought the house but it was old and depleted. So that's when I went out and bought a patio, 7 x 7, with the 5-horse motor and the 30 jet tub from Cal Spas. They were local and gave me a good price. I had a great experience with the sales rep. I had a lot of questions like where I was going to mount it and I needed a lot of information about where the electrical went in. He bent over backward to give me everything I needed and had the crew bring the tools and stuff that was necessary to set it in place. I had a problem with the siding on the fiber. It had some loose sections. They came out and looked at it, brought two brand new sections and put them on. I haven't had any problem since. Also, I don't use the tub all the time. I haven't used it in three or four months because it's too damn hot. But in the wintertime, I'll use it. It's nice to set it in the evening when it's cold.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We purchased a spa from a Cal Spas store years ago. One of their sales guys was super helpful so we stayed in touch with him the whole time. I've been relocated and I got rid of the spa. Now we moved back so we purchased another one from Cal Spas and it's been almost a year since we've had this one. However, since the patio where the spa was supposed to be installed was not yet ready, their guys only got the spa down the hill and into my backyard. I did the physical installation myself. There was a quality issue with one of the jets but they came out and fixed it right away. Other than that, it's been great. We recommended a tub from Cal Spas to my in-laws since we had such a good experience the first time.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My Cal Spas tub will be a year in December and it hasn't broken yet. It's like having a bathtub outside. I would recommend them to others.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I bought my Cal Spa last year but I'm a bit unhappy with the customer service. They delivered the product, but no one installed it, so I paid somebody else to do that. Then one problem I have right now is that one of the LED lights aren't working. I talked to the guy that I bought it from, and he said I needed to call customer service to make an appointment to fix it. They also told me I needed to pay somebody $75 to come and look at it, but they didn't want to send me somebody to do it. I needed to find somebody to pay $75, and they just sent me the LED light to fix it. Additionally, the panels just started coming down.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've been using Cal Spas since November of last year. This one is three times the size compared to the old one. It's a patio spa which is a lot bigger. Our installation experience was great. The guys were good. They were late but they did let me know. I feel much better with this spa. Everything's good and it works great for now.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

There was a deal on the Cal Spas tubs so we got one. It’s certainly improved the outdoor quality of our living space and our health. However, it's difficult to install and I was a little surprised at the cost of running it. I was told it would be a little less expensive than it actually is to maintain.

Cal Spas Company Profile