toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Cal Spas

Hello Danielle! We're so happy that you enjoy your spa! Have a safe and happy New Year!

Original review: May 26, 2015

A friend referred me to Cal Spas. I’ve gone over their house and used their tub a few times and we always liked it. We had to get one of our own and ended up purchasing the Patio Spa last 2013. The product had no issues. Delivery crew was great. They answered all our questions and install went smoothly. We didn’t have it sunk in a deck so we were able to put it on the patio which is easy access and it went pretty good, then we got to have our training session with the dealer after the install was complete. It's a great way to get the family and friends together. Everyone loves sitting in the hot tub. We always have family and friends over and barbecue outside a lot more often because of it. We're very happy we bought the Cal Spa. Overall a great experience, helpful, friendly staff, and the local dealer.

Cal Spas

Hi Eva! We are so happy that you enjoyed your spa purchase and also love your Cal Spas hot tub! We know it will give you comfort and enjoyment for many years to come! Thank you for being a great customer! Have a great weekend!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

We found Cal Spas by accident. We went to a little hole-in-the wall place but we were looking for something a little bigger and they were very rude. But with Cal Spas, we liked the personnel and environment right away. They explained everything and had a few things to choose from. I bought a six-seater spa and we're happy with it. The installation team were really professional and fast. They cleaned up their mess, answered my questions, and gave me rundown on what chemicals to put in. Everything was satisfactory to me, from the installation to the sales to the store itself. I would definitely recommend them and if we need anything, we’ll go back there.

I have only good things to say about the Cal Spa Freestyle F1437 swim spa. I use the relaxing jets before and after my daily swim. They provide quite a deep, powerful massage and hit all of the sore spots-- even feet and legs! The four-speed swim system is perfect for gradually warming up from a slow-paced swim to one that would challenge an athlete. In just one week I am feeling so much more fit and my posture is much better, due to building strength in my core muscles. I was fortunate to have a knowledgeable contractor to supervise the installation from pouring the concrete slab to directing the crane around the side of my house. Both the local sales rep Frank in Ft. Lauderdale and the sales manager Robert in CA were extremely helpful and responsive to all of my concerns.

Cal Spas

Hi Leticia! We love how much you enjoy your Cal Spas hot tub. We know you are going to enjoy it for many years to come. Thanks for being a great customer!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

We have a six-person jacuzzi spa from Cal Spas. The installation was good and the installers were very professional but when I would call to get an estimation as to how soon before they delivered it, because I wanted to make sure to take the day off of work when they came in, no one would ever return my call. I had dealt with a gentleman who was better at returning calls. But, unfortunately, during the time that I was waiting for the installation, he was working the house fair so he was not available. We're enjoying the hot tub but the jets periodically turn off. It shouldn't be doing that as I don't have them on a timer and I have to turn them back on. I thought that maybe it has something to do with the programming but I’ve already followed all the instructions. Maybe I need an expert person other than myself. The tub is very nice and I’m glad that I was able to get it so close to home. I would recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We like the spa, but we hate the gazebo. It’s cheap and made out of the most horrible material. We didn’t think it looked that cheap in the showroom. The guys who put it together did a horrible job and didn’t want to touch up paint when they messed it up. I was just handed some paint in somebody’s used Powerade bottle and I wasn’t too happy with that. I had to hire a handyman to make repairs to the gazebo and make it safe. It was just ready to fall apart or would’ve blown apart in the first wind. I also had my handyman install the snap covers for the lid because the guys who were supposed to install them said they can't do it because of liability. But it seems to me it’d be more of a liability not to have those on to keep the kids out.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cal Spas?

Cal Spas

Hi Wayne! We are so happy that you've been enjoying your spa! We hope it helps you to continue to relax into the New Year! Enjoy yourself! You deserve it!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

It’s only been a few months that I've used the Cal Spas tub but I absolutely like it. It was a very simple and painless installation. The installers just had to maneuver the tub around the back of the house and get it on the patio, and it was a basic plug-and-play scenario. So far, it’s been all good. I was a hot tub fan from many years ago. In fact, I had one in Colorado but it wasn’t a Cal Spas but when I relocated out here, I realized that a hot tub was a necessity in my world because of what I do for a living. I have a very physical and active situation so it gives me that hour in the evening of relaxing and just being able to unwind. Overall, I was very satisfied with the whole process and I’ve been real happy with the product.

Hello Gary,

We love how much you are enjoying your spa. Keep having fun with it for the rest of the year! We're sure you'll have a blast!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2016

I bought a hot tub 20 years ago and I didn’t have a very good experience with that one. I like my Cal Spas better. My Cal Spas hot tub took a little longer to get delivered than I expected. But I understand that because it was during a huge sale that they had. The installation went fine, they came when they said they were going to come and they took my old tub away and put the new one in. It’s something for the family to enjoy together, so that’s a positive.

Cal Spas

Hello Chuck. We are so sorry that you had this negative experience. Please let us help you. Standby for a call from our Customer Care Team to help resolve this matter. Thank you for your patience.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2016

Purchased a Cal Spas PL880 from Ricks/Spa Max in Corona Ca in Nov-2016. We paid over $10k for the spa and told it was a 2016 floor model top of the line. Sales rep sold us on the galvanized steel frame (vs wood frame that can get water rot) and all the features of the Platinum series from Cal Spas. "This was Cal Spas best hot tub." He offered a discount if we purchased their showroom floor model. He assured us it was never used – brand new.

Well 30 days later they delivered it and to our surprise it was not a "steel framed unit". It was made out of 2x4s stapled together. Come to find out it was nearly 2 years old and the sales person said the manufacturer changed the serial number plate and tried to push it as new and he didn't know!! The spa evidently had been at several home shows and county fairs of the last 2 years. Well he offered to replace it with a new 2016 steel framed unit that was built 10/2105 (2016 model). Only difference was the color is Desert Horizon instead of the White shell we had.

Well today 12/26 they delivered the new 2016 spa. The spa was so scratched and had stress fractures all over the outer lip. The edges were so worn and the cabinet we scratched everywhere. Mossy yellow water was spewing from the jets. The spa had been thru a war zone. I told them to take them both back and refund my money. I took photos of everything. Can't believe a manufacturer as large as Cal Spas would deliberately change the ID plates and serial numbers to try and get rid of a used and refurbished spa. This is actually an illegal act and we will probably be taking the experience a bit further. Still waiting to see when the company will give us our $5200 deposit back?!!

Cal Spas

Hi Patricia! We love how much you are enjoying your spa! Keep on relaxing in your spa and let it wash away your stress! We know that it will help make 2017 easier!

Original review: Dec. 25, 2016

We like the round hot tub we bought from Cal Spas. I feel more relaxed since we have it and it has improved our outdoor living space. Their installation crew was great, as well as everybody else in their team. I would recommend them to a friend.

Cal Spas

Hello Debbie. We are so sorry that you've had a bad experience with your spa. Please contact us so we can assist you further. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2016

We’ve had two previous spas from Cal Spas. What I was looking forward to when we decided to get another one is that we had natural gas that time. We've sold the house with the pool heaters we got from them in '92. We moved here, down the desert, so we’ve had another heater down here. They were available then and we were over the top happy with it. We found a guy who works on the spas and does maintenance stuff that we couldn’t do particularly, and he was very helpful.

When we were gone traveling, the spa had a leak. It freezes here, and he said he's gonna fix it. The heater is probably 10 years old and he said it needs to be replaced. I told him he needs to find it a home, which he did and I was thankful for that. But then we hadn’t had one for a long while. He got one but there was no gas. I was really upset ‘cause I don’t particularly care that it’s electric.

I got back and the bill was so over the top expensive because of it. The heater was going on every half hour or 40 minutes. They sent somebody out, checked everything, and he says it’s fine. Our bill was close to $200 and that never really got resolved. I could have called Cal Spas and put this thing away. However, the remedy from Secard Pools was to change it from Standard mode to Economy because we don’t use it that often. We can just pop it and heat it up when we need to, and I agreed with that. It's a bold-faced lie when the label "Cal Spas" is on the product but nobody from Cal Spas has an answer of why it’s doing a certain thing. I was very happy with their product previously, but with the recent one, not so much.

Cal Spas

Hi Dharminder. Please accept our full apology. At Cal Spas, we care about our customers and hope they are satisfied with our spas. We are dedicated to building the best quality luxury spas in the world so our customers can enjoy unrivaled relaxation, comfort, enjoyment, and a home resort experience like no other. Please speak with your dealer and see if they may be able to assist you with some of the issues you have experienced. We hope you have a safe and happy New Year.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2016

My neighbor bought a hot tub from Cal Spas five months ago and told me about it. Then I bought the 14 or 15 feet long tub that's got a couple of jets, a three seater on one side, nothing in the middle and one big jet on the other side. Their customer service was really good but I would not recommend them because I'm not happy with the product. After spending so much money and paying cash for it, I did not get what I ordered. There are supposed to be six small LEDs all around the tub that I wanted. However, before I got the tub, they called me to say that they don't make those LEDs anymore for whatever reason. I told them was fine with it as long as I still have the two at the bottom. But when it was delivered, the two LEDs at the bottom were also missing. I thought it was not a big deal. But one evening, when I turned on the tub, it just wasn't enough.

And on one side of the tub that has a big jet, the panels are kind of deforming, bending, twisting and were not where they were before. So I went back to the store and they told me that they're going to send somebody down. When somebody came by, he said I needed to run the tub 800 times a day and other stuff about it but nothing's been done about the lights or the panels. After that, I have not had a chance to go to their store. However, if they wanted to take care of something, they'll be down right away or at least say that they'll take care of it in six months or a year. Also, it doesn't take much to take side panels off, drill a hole and put a light in it. But Cal Spas didn't lead me anywhere and I just gave up after that.

I've also seen a couple of panels off of my tub. When the technician was trying to hook up the tub, I had hired an electrician to wire up the thing. And when he took a panel or two apart and I saw what's behind, to me, cheap stuff was used in it and I'm not impressed at all. A lot of the screws go through the outside panels but when they go in, they're not even into the beam. They're just sitting there. It also seemed like they were trying to fill up holes.

Cal Spas

Hi Lindun! We love having customers like you! Please enjoy your spa and have a safe and happy New Year!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

We have a room off the house built specifically for a hot tub, and we've had Cal Spas as our spa and hot tub provider for about 14 years now. I bought a hot tub from before then got a second one from them. Every time I go into the store for chemicals and other items, they're good and very polite.

Cal Spas

Hi Jeff! We're so happy that you enjoy your spa! I'm sure you'll love it even more now that the winter weather is here! Have a safe and Happy New Year!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2016

We got a hot tub from Cal Spas and it's fine. Years ago, we had one from another manufacturer, and their products are pretty close. We went with Cal Spas this time because the saleslady was great. She was very knowledgeable, took care of every need, and answered all the questions I had. We got a Plug & Play. It's a 110 plug-in and doesn't have to be hardwired. It has about 35 jets. Everything was fine, except for a couple of issues with the delivery. They strapped the spa on incorrectly and the foam that's in the cover had about four smash marks on it, and they told me there's nothing they can do about it. It was the delivery people who were at fault, though, and not Cal Spas. It's been great to relax a little more with our Cal Spas hot tub.

Cal Spas

Hi Gene! We love hearing how much you enjoy your spa! Thank you for being an amazing person! Please enjoy your spa and have a safe and Happy New Year!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2016

Secard Pools & Spas recommended Cal Spas. When we went in and looked, we did see the spa and we liked its style. We also liked the functionality of it so we got it. It’s awesome and it’s one of the best decisions I ever made. It fits four people comfortably and it's got jets. It has brought us together closer as a family. The installation process also went very well. We had professionals come out and it was installed in no time at all. It’s been working fine and we haven’t had any problems out of it. It's been a great and wonderful experience.

Cal Spas

Hi Rene! We are so happy that you are enjoying your spa! We're very glad that the installation process was quick! Please let us know if you need anything and we'll be happy to help you! Enjoy your spa!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

Cal Spas have better price and seemed more energy-efficient than other spa and hot tub providers. The installation team was good and professional. They seemed to be having a good time at work, but not obnoxious. They were joking around with each other. They got the tub in super quick. The spa did raise the electricity rate, obviously, like they all do. But it has positively impacted my life and I have no complaints. I enjoy it on a weekly basis, and we're doing good with it.

Cal Spas

Hi Octavio! We're so glad you've been enjoying your spa! Be sure to enjoy it during the cold weather too! Have a great holiday season!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2016

We've had the Cal Spa bathtub for 2 years now and I'm happy with it. My wife likes it, too. The features are real good and it still works well, especially the heater and the well-made lights. The water and power are not putting an addition in the bill so it mostly works really well for us. The price was even right. The people who did the job were very professional, good, and did a very clean job. They picked up everything, didn't leave any mess behind, and didn't do any mess. Everything was done right. I would recommend it because it's real economical and have recommended it to my sister and she has already purchased one.

Cal Spas

Hi Melinda! We're so happy that you enjoy your spa! Please let us know if we can be of any help! Have a great holiday season!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2016

When we talked to the people at the store where we bought the swim spa, they told us to get a particular voltage setup in preparation for our spa. So, we did that. We had an electrician come out and then when we got the spa, it said that we needed a different amperage on the spa. We didn't get the manual for the spa until the day that it was delivered or else I guess, we could've figured that out for ourselves. But we just took them at their word. Our installation, on the other hand, went great. The people were helpful. They came when they said they were going to come. It went smoothly. We loved our spa. It made our summer, fun.

Hi Douglas!

We're so happy that you enjoy your spa! Exercising in a Swim Spa is one of the best ways to get in shape! We know that your spa will bring you happiness for years to come! Have a great holiday season!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2016

I really liked the salesman from Cal Spas so I gave him a call back and decided to get a swim spa. The installation went very well. I exchanged some text messages with their customer service team and they got back to me promptly. We're in our swim spa five days a week. The swimming spa allows me to exercise. I got bad feet and so I can't walk or run so I'm able to take advantage of the spa from that perspective.

The one thing I didn't like was I had to get outside vendors to complete the project. I had to hire an electrician to assist with installation, a crane operator to help deliver the product, and someone that took care of the decking. I think that it would have been nice if those option would have been available to me if I wanted to do them. But I was given a list of people that I could reach out to and that was really uncomfortable because I had to coordinate with other people to make sure the job gets done.

It wasn't under one roof. So, things could have gone wrong on a day and it would have been a very difficult situation. Things went right because the electrician that I hired showed up, the crane operator showed up. But had something like that not happened, then it could have been bad. But that was the only negative part of the experience. I have a beautiful deck built around it, a composite deck and I also have an Alumawood cover built over the swim spa, and it looks just amazing. It really turned out nice.

Cal Spas

Hello Conchita! We're so happy that you enjoy your spa! Please have a safe and happy New Year!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2016

We made our first purchase from Cal Spas last August. It's quite a bit of money but they included the housing and the price was good. I had the hot tub installed outdoors which was free and it's working good. It's an additional feature in the house, however, we very seldom use it now because it's too cold. But the tub is still on to keep maintaining the temperature. When I asked questions about how to use it, like how to put the chemical thing, they responded very professionally and were really helpful. The hot tub's great and I'm satisfied. It's a very good and happy experience.

Hi Robert,

We're so happy that you are enjoying your hot tub! We know that you will enjoy it even more now that the cold weather is here! Have a great holiday season!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2016

We live up in Hesperia. And up here, there is a sad dearth of available outlets for hot tub shopping and we had to go down the hill to San Bernardino to look around. We went to the one place and there they were-- great displays, great people, lots of help, good product and that's where we found out about Cal Spas. The Cal Spas tubs were in our area to look at and pretty much anywhere else you went. There wasn't a lot of market penetration apparently of the competitors. It's really a question of what we had available to us to look at and Cal Spas appeared to be the product. So, we just went ahead and went with it.

This is the first time I've ever owned one. Having it installed was pretty interesting. We had to put down a concrete slab and I had to measure the distances between all of the portions of the installation so that the power cable would come up in the right place. I got those measurements and put some string down to mark out where it was going to go. It went real well. Naturally, I was a little nervous about aligning everything properly but it worked out beautifully. The installation process was extremely easy once I got the electrical concrete slab all worked out.

It is what they told me it would be, the process was extraordinarily easy, and quite frankly, it's a wonderful thing. When I get out of that tub after 15 minutes of cooking, I'm ready to go hit the couch and get dozy and sleep well for the night. It has positively impacted my life. It's without question, a luxury item and I guess for those who are not partial to hot tubs, it's no big deal. I've always enjoyed a good hot tubbing. But if you can sit in a hot tub for 15, there's definitely a health benefit, whether it's just relaxation or more. But I sure love mine and it was surely worth the money.

Hi Judith,

We're so happy that you have been enjoying your spa. We love it when our customers are truly happy with their new hot tub and all of the benefits it gives them. Please have a safe and happy holidays!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

We’re very pleased when we found out Cal Spas was up here in High Desert especially that all shops for pool resources that were here a few years back closed. We went to their showroom and was pleased with how they approached us, how they were very helpful in answering our questions, and demonstrating anything that we asked about on the spa. When they came out and delivered it, they were atop of putting it together and how they had to get it in to our fence. They were also superb in letting us know how to work on the chemicals, the water and the temperature. They were very professional in setting everything up and explaining everything to us, and reassuring as we watched them put it together. Everything went very smoothly. The model we got seats five and it’s what we liked in comparison to the different features of the other models.

The experience was great all the way around. All our questions were answered when my husband talked to them over the phone, when we went to their store and during the setup. Everybody knew what they were speaking and the product has come to be what we were told about like its efficiency and quality. We appreciate the quality and the experience because we've had other things in the past but Cal Spas' was a smooth transition into purchasing and enjoying the product after it's been received. And the team has kept in touch with us.

My husband and I are both 70 years old and the tub is most needed to keep up our health. Having the tub impacts my life by helping achy bones not to ache anymore. And it's very comforting because when I get in there, the warmth of the water is relaxing. I have some disabilities as far as knees and legs and I can work out, do my exercises within, and it gives me the mobility that I need in keeping my legs and knees in working condition.

Hi Beau,

We are so very sorry that you've had this bad experience. Please let us help you. We will be attempting to reach you. You may also contact us at 1-800-CAL-SPAS but rest assured that we will be doing everything possible to contact you ourselves and try and help you. Please accept our apologies and have a safe and happy holiday season.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2016

Cal Spas was the worst experience I have ever had in my life. I almost got killed one time in a car accident and in a boating accident but dealing with Cal Spas was worse than that. I bought a spa in 2014 and we had a problem with the shell because it was crazing all around the lip where it's exposed over on the outside. It had some fractures in it that can be seen. But I was told that shell had been discontinued because of that exact issue.

I also dealt with Aaron pools because I bought the spa from them, but they were pushing everything on Cal Spas. They did everything they could do and they were working their butts off to try to get this and that. Then Cal Spas sent one of the guys whom I bought it from to Texas and go take a class on how to fix crazing. Months went by, and when I called Aaron Pools, they kept saying that they're waiting on Cal Spas. I was almost to the point of hiring an attorney and suing Aaron Pools and Cal Spas, which I wish I would have done because I probably would have gotten a faster result. More months went by and they finally agreed to get me a new spa, but several more months went by before they called me in to choose the spa shell I wanted. I went in and picked out the shell, and that's when things started picking up. But it took a year before they agreed to send me out a new unit. It was pathetic.

I have a new unit now but I don't agree with them not honoring a new warranty. So, I have a brand new spa and a warranty for my old spa that is for 3 years on some parts. My brand new spa has some stuff not even under warranty anymore. I'm also a business owner and I would never do that to one of my customers. My new spa unit has all new parts and new pumps but I only have one year left on parts warranty. If a pump goes out after November next year then I gotta come out of my pocket.

Now, because of this experience, Aaron Pools is not selling Cal Spas anymore and they've switched over to Jacuzzi. Evidently, Cal Spas is not a reputable company and it's horrible customer service. I tried to call Cal Spas numerous times and I left messages for people. I even called some lady who's high up in California. But her voicemail box was always full. She could've checked her messages and made some room for people to call her and leave a message. I left a message and I'm still waiting on her to call me back and that was six months ago.

Cal Spas

Hi Buddy! We're so happy that you're enjoying your spa! We're sorry that you had some difficulty with certain parts. If you would like help with the functions of certain parts of your spa, please contact us. We know that with proper care and usage your spa will bring you amazing relaxation for years to come! Please enjoy your spa and have a safe and happy holiday season!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2016

I got Cal Spas' Grande and its installation went easy overall. On the other hand, a few things have happened with the spa itself. The first thing I noticed is one of the jets came completely out of the hole immediately and so I talked Scott at Mirage Spas. He told me to screw it back in but one of the ears on the lock physically broke. It took a little while to explain that to him. I'm a mechanical person so I knew what happened. Also, Cal Spas puts a lot of these little black 'spiders' basically with three little holes or four little holes and they attach to the jets. They're plastic things and probably cost 25. They shouldn't even put them on because they all break constantly. They're junk and are not made right.

Two months in, my wife noticed that it's always wet on one corner. It was leaking from underneath where the motor part was. They had to send the guys out multiple times to fix it because they tried to fix a couple of times, probably trying to do a patch job. In the end, they had to order a new elbow wing from Cal Spas and its size different than anything you can get anywhere. That was fixed and it went smooth after but they tore one of my lock tabs for my hot tub cover. They didn't unlock the hot tub cover and lifted it up and ripped one of the tabs off. They also managed to mess up the door because they kept having to take the door off to get to where they were trying to fix that plumbing. So they broke a little piece of the door as well. Scott it willing to fix both those things for me but I haven't had time to go and pick up the parts off of one of his hot tubs and switch them out.

In addition, when I first got the tub, the plumbing underneath had 2 suction things but almost immediately, it only had suction from one. I'm a toilet technician so, when something works one way at first and doesn't work that way later, something is different and I want to know what's different. But Scott told not to worry about it and as long as I had the suction, it's fine. Other than that, the hot tub works wonderfully.

Cal Spas

Hi Kristen! We're so glad you enjoy your spa. Sorry to hear about your thermostat issue. Someone will reach out to you regarding that. I'm sure they will be able to give you some helpful instructions so that you are able to enjoy your spa for the new year!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2016

We went over to our local spa shop, and Cal Spas had good displays there. We got our first hot tub from them, and I like it. The installation team arrived on time and took care of everything. They set it up, we had the electrician handle it, and it was good to go. It was an easy experience. However, we seem to be having some trouble with the thermostat in it right now and we haven't been able to use it since the weather changed and it's not getting warm enough. Nevertheless it was an overall pleasant experience.

Cal Spas

Hello Tonya! We are so happy that you enjoy your spa! We are so sorry that you had some difficulty hearing back from us. Let us help make it better. We'll be reaching out to you but if you don't hear from us by the end of the week, please call us at 1-800-CAL-SPAS!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

My husband was looking for a hot tub. We needed it for medical reasons. I was diagnosed with a disorder and needed it for my body, to help relax my muscles. My husband went to the Cal Spas store and spoke to some people there, and he looked around. He basically knew what he wanted and we got a good feel from them. The reps were all very friendly and helpful. We've had our hot tub from them since May. We had it put in, and that was all well and good. My husband is now literally in the hot tub six out of seven days a week, even with the temperature going down for the cold season.

However, we've had one issue with them. Some of the paneling on one side warped and pulled away from the base of the foundation. My husband spoke with them and they said, "Just send them some pictures of the damage." It's been about a month, but he's yet to hear back from them on the email of the pictures that he sent. Nevertheless, aside from this one issue with the warping, it's been great with them. We absolutely love the hot tub. We also own a pool and get all of our supplies for our pool from them as well. Overall, they were very friendly and knowledgeable, and the hot tub had a great price.

Cal Spas

Hi Anthony! We are so happy that you've been enjoying your spa! Even though we know you are satisfied, we would like to help you with your cracking issues. Please contact us using the number below so we can try to help you out. Thank you!

1-800-CAL-SPAS

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

Cal Spas had good reviews so we purchased our tub from them. They did a good job placing it where I wanted but they didn't install it. I had to hire an electrician. I've been meaning to call them because the little plastic things that go where the jets are, they're breaking. I've already had three of them break. I don't know if that's a warranty issue or they're just cheaply made. It's not good when you paid an amount close to $9,000 and just for the first two weeks, they're already breaking. But, I'm satisfied, with the tub. We try to stay cool in the summer, not really heating up the water and then warm in the winter.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was initially buying from Endless Pools since my fiance wanted something she could actually swim on. However while I was online looking for Endless Pools, I'd seen Cal Spas and they came out cheaper by thousands. A lot of people told me that Cal Spa are not swim spas but they have very good Jacuzzi tubs plus the company has been around for a while and it's a good brand. I eventually chose Cal Spas since they at least gave me a lot of information about where I could go and do things on my own when it turned out that the electricians that they recommended were ridiculously expensive. I think they're in cahoots with the person that was gonna run the concrete. It was really shady and I didn't like it.

We got the Swim Spa with two river jets, 15 feet by 32 inches. I wasn't happy with the installation but the work got done. Their sales people need to know that when it's necessary to put in a reinforced concrete slab, the correct dimensions are needed on the part where the electrical supply conduit would be put. The person that gave us our estimate was way off. He don't know what the hell he was talking about nor did he care. He was just trying to sell the product and we had to do a lot of modifications which cost me more money than it was supposed to. I didn't like that at all and I would never ever tell anybody to buy a Cal Spas from the people I bought.

They told us that we won't get the spa on display, they only get any spas when they sell them otherwise they had to make room. They didn't tell me however that it takes 21 to 28 days for the product to come in. After a month, I called them since the spa hadn't shown up. It showed in their system that it was delivered though, so I had to go back to the store. They had to redo the paperwork only to find out the spa had been delivered to their store. I waited two months to get my spa and when I did, the benches were off so they had to turn to the reinforced concrete, messing them up.

Their sales reps seemed friendly and knowledgeable, but I really think they need to know a little bit more about the product other than just the basics. They are just like used car salesmen that show the nice, prettiest product but when the customer comes back for any question after paying the money, the salesmen don't know who the client is. That lady knew that the spa that came to her store room was supposed to have been the one sent to my house. I can tell by the way she answered the question that she knew it was a mistake, but she tried to cover it up.

It was a bad experience but we got the spa in the end. However I also had to overpay the electricians for the wiring. We had to chop up one part of the concrete to re-position the conduit that hooks up to the electrical part of the spa because it didn't work where it originally was. The installers also ended up being here a little bit longer than anticipated and they tried to make it quick because they had to install several things that day. That was frustrating and I could even hear the installers voicing their distress. The installers made it work and stuck around to make sure I was satisfied. I'm happy with that. For the first two months, I was expecting to see that the concrete slab all cracked up, twisted, and a big mess but that didn't happen.

Although most of the experience was horrible, the product is fine. The selections on how to set it up for the cleaning could've been a bit more simplified but overall, the spa works as advertised. My fiance loves it and she's in it three or four times in a week so it's getting its use. As long as she's happy, I'm happy. Also, the Cal Spa product is good value.

Cal Spas

Hi Victor! We're so happy that you have been enjoying your Swim Spa! We're sure that you can enjoy exercising in it while also having time to relax in it with family and friends! Have a safe and happy holiday season!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2016

I bought a Cal Spas 2016 Swim Spa S1325 from Secard. It's a big spa, I like it, and the price was a lot reasonable. The other ones were way out of hand as far as the price was. Even with the price being lower than the others, it was just as good if not better. I have a six-person Master spa and they're about the same in quality but Cal Spas is a swim spa so it's way bigger. The controls and the jets are a little better on the Cal Spas. They also have a better reputation and more people are familiar with them than Master Spa.

Our Cal Spas product is above-ground and the delivery and the setup was good. I had a little warranty work done on it and I had a good experience with that because they came out right away. The contractor was really good, friendly, and knew what he was doing. Some of the light had come undone during the delivery or on the truck, but the put them back in and fixed it. He did what I wanted him to do so I have no complaints, but I didn't deal with them that much. Since having Cal Spas, it's impacted my wife's life better than mine because she wanted something to swim in and I wanted a hot tub. But it has cured two problems for both us and we're both happy with it. It's a good value and I enjoy it.

Cal Spas

Hi Faith! We're so happy that you enjoy your spa. We're sorry about your difficulty with the control panel. Please refer to your manual for assistance with the controls. We will be sure to integrate your feedback into our next control panel design and improve the user experience. Please have a safe and happy holiday season!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2016

I got the Patio Escape Plus Special Edition from Cal Spas. When the installation guys brought the tub, they looked like they were having a difficult time, but they finally figured out how to get it off the truck and get it in the backyard. Once they put it together, the paint on the wood part of the countertop was warped so we called Cal Spas and they took pictures for them to replace it. But so far, they have not done that. They need to come and fix that wood.

I still got stuff to learn about the tub and it would've been nice if we could have someone explain to us how to punch the buttons and how they lead to changing the lights. I wish they would've also put in a different type of knob for the controls because what we got now is a push button, and if I keep on pushing the button too much, I'm going to lose the lights. It would be nice if they had a button that controls the lights or the power of the machine instead of using the electric power to turn the power button off, or something that would control the machine automatically where it comes back on or off every hour, on its own.

And when I found out that the lights inside the tub makes the same color as the gym, I flicked it over but I can't get back to it. Then one can get locked out using the buttons. The problem is there’s one only one button that controls the lighting, heating and other features. They need to put all the buttons separate from each other, not all in one. But other than that, I love the product. It's so nice having the spa especially when I wanted to relax after working out from the gym or coming home from work.

Cal Spas

Joel, we are so sorry that you had an unpleasant experience. Please let us make it right. Our Customer Care Team will be in touch you to try and make sure that you get the help you need.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

We were looking for a particular type of spa and ended up dealing with one of the Cal Spas dealers. They dropped the ball where they had to expedite it. For some reason, the order didn’t get put through so they were about three weeks late on the delivery which really upset my wife. We had to approach the company, figure out what was going on, and keep pushing them for answers until they finally took care of it. We got the 13-foot swim spa and have had it for a little less than a year now. However, it's not what we were told it would be. We spend a lot more money on our gas and especially on our electric every month.

Cal Spas Company Profile