Call toll free
4.45/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

With over 35 years of experience, Cal Spas is a provider of luxury spas and accessories. We pride ourselves in being a top Global Manufacturer of Home Resort Products.

Innovation and technological advancements are top priorities when crafting Cal Spas products. Built with more standard features and designer appeal, our products are a great addition to any outdoor space.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

Cal Spas Reviews

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

We had another Cal Spas tub for 12 years, but the motors weren’t working great and a lot of the stuff was getting outdated. Plus, it was hard to get a part. We decided to update and we went with Cal Spas because we seem to have good service from Cal Spas in Plymouth. We order our chemicals from them and if you order over $100, you don't have to pay shipping. Plus, they have usually been good to come if we needed them.

We bought a nine-seater hot tub and it has the waterfall and many jets. Their team was good. We had a good experience except they didn't finish positioning the hot tub on the patio. The hot tub was very heavy so it was very hard for me and my husband. We had to make some rollers and get that done. The first time, they positioned it, filled it, and made sure everything worked, but they didn't do that this time. And even though we had the electrical inspected properly before, we had to have it done again and they had to wait until we had that done. The hot tub is very easy to use though. The controls are very easy and the tub stays clean. We filled it in April and our water is still very clean. Also, the heat up and cool off is really nice.

Get expert buying tips about Hot Tubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 29, 2019

I owned a Cal Spas in California about 10 years ago. They stand by their products and their name is worth something in the market. Three months ago, I got the Patio KONA Plus from Cal Spas and I had the ozonator put in as an upgrade. It is self-explanatory, and you don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure it out. It's a three-person spa for me, and it's working fine. But the people who brought it were understaffed. Two of the people that were gonna help put it in called in sick. So, I ended up having to pitch in. I'm not decrepit and helpless, but I don't wanna break any bones or get any hernias from doing heavy lifting. So, it would have been helpful to have more people here, but that was not Cal Spas. It was the delivery guy.

Original review: June 7, 2019

We saw Cal Spas around local facilities. Every year, we always went and looked at all of them. My wife had been pressuring me and finally, she talked me into getting one. It was just time. It turned out she was right. The people there gave us a really good deal. Two guys came over to do the installation. They carried the hot tub into the backyard and set it down on the ground. It was good to go. They also showed us how to do everything.

We have the portable plug-in spa that can accommodate seven or eight people and can hold 500 gallons of water. We've had our spa for a year and eight months now and we like it a lot. We still use it every day and it has become part of our nightly routine. We sit out, look at the stars, and have our husband and wife talk of the day. It's very relaxing. We are very pleased.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I've been using Cal Spas since 2009. I have two Cal Spas - a swim spa and a regular spa. The original spa purchase was at California Backyard and the swim spa was at a recent home show. I like the layout of the swim spa that Cal Spas has versus a couple of the other ones that are out there. The installation took about two months and it was good. The reps and I had a lot of messages, emails back and forth with photos and some telephone calls trying to get everything set up 'cause they weren't sure if they could deliver it to our lot. But in the end, they were able to get everything set up and delivered. Now we use the spa quite frequently. It's nice to relax and get a little workout at home and not have to worry about other people being around.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

We have a very limited space that we could use to put the spa in, and Cal Spas was the only one that I found that made a triangular spa. Nothing else would have worked because of the corner we have in our pool area. The reps from Cal Spas were very helpful and we had great interactions with them. We were moving to a new home and we couldn’t take delivery for a few months until we were actually in the house and they were kind of enough to store the spa for us until we were ready for it. The installation went quickly. I thought the installers were gonna wire it in for me, but they said they weren’t electricians, and they weren’t gonna do it so I had to do it. They may wanna let the customer know ahead of time about that. Their competitor came up and the guy wired it up for me.

On our other house, we owned a United Spas and it was a great one. The Cal Spas won't completely drain and I have to bail water out of it because the drain is above the lowest part of the spa. It creates a little bit of a hassle. It's also very hard to get on this spa. I have to remove the whole panel, and it's heavy and cumbersome. United Spas had a much smaller door that I can get in and purge the pumps, if I had to, from air. It was easy to get to, put on and take off. Still, I'm very happy with Cal Spas. I use the spa more in the winter than I do in summer. Last night, I used it and it worked great.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cal Spas?

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

During the installation of our spa, Cal Spas did very well. Since then, I've enjoyed being in it. It's relaxing. I do wish we bought one with the jet in the middle though as that would have relaxed our feet and legs more.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

Our Escape spa from Cal Spas has been a good buy. It's really easy to install and I hooked it up myself. I like how it has a waterfall and jets. Though it has a couple of issues with tripping our circuit breaker, we got that figured out. It's of great quality. We love our spa and we use it all the time.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

We use our Cal spa every other day. A few months after I got it, I had trouble with it. The circuit board had a problem and I had that replaced at the store where I bought it. Cal Spas got that done and taken care of. We like our spa.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

We’ve been really happy with Cal Spas' customer service. We go there all the time to buy chemicals, and Brad remembers who we are and was always super-helpful. We’ve also been really happy with our spa, so we didn't even look anywhere else when we bought the second one. And it does exactly what we bought it for.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

Our new Jacuzzi is working great. We have the different colored lights feature although we don't use it much and the music goes through it. It’s nice having the seat where I can lay down and like the foot massage. I also like the step getting into it. The product was good for the price as Cal Spas was on sale that day. I like the bigger ones where one could swim in. They have it there too and that would have been perfect, but not for our budget.

Cal Spas expert review by Kate Williams, Ph.D.

Founded in 1979, this company is an innovator in the hot tub business, holding 28 trademarks and 48 design patents. This company offers a wide variety of patio hot tubs, in-ground hot tubs and Swim Pro swim spas.

• Fountain of Youth™: This trademarked product uses micro-bubbles to increase oxygen levels in the water. Cal Spa states that this hydrotherapy rejuvenates the body and skin.

• Trade in value: Trade in an old hot tub and get money toward a brand new Cal Spas hot tub or swim spa. Use the web form to obtain a free, no-obligation trade-in estimate.

• Exclusive offers: By signing up for the Cal Spas newsletter on the website, consumers gain access to exclusive offers.

• Cal Spas blog: The Cal Spas blog offers advice on hot tub and swim spa ownership and repair, as well as a variety of health-related topics.

• Customer support: Cal Spas offers customer support via phone or email or by using their contact form online.

• Best for: Consumers needing therapy, consumers wanting relaxation and consumers needing exercise.

Profile picture of Kate Williams, Ph.D.
Kate Williams, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kate Williams, Ph.D. believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase. She spends countless hours researching companies and industries before writing buyers guides to make sure consumers have all the information they need to make smart, informed buying decisions.

Cal Spas Company Information