4.1/5 (730 ratings)

About Cal Spas

With over 35 years of experience, Cal Spas is a provider of luxury spas and accessories. We pride ourselves in being a top Global Manufacturer of Home Resort Products.

Innovation and technological advancements are top priorities when crafting Cal Spas products. Built with more standard features and designer appeal, our products are a great addition to any outdoor space.

Pros

• Customizable jet configurations
  • Warranty on all models
  • Hydrotherapy massage features

Cons

• No instant trade-in quotes
  • Prices found through local dealers

Bottom Line

Cal Spas offers a range of highly customizable hot tub models with a variety of seating options and jet configurations. All of its hot tubs come with a standard warranty, but pricing estimates aren’t available online.

Top Cal Spas Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

We got the Aqua 730 Lounge. It has the one seat that’s a lounge, and then it has the little lights in it. And the rest are seats and they have the jets on each seat and the lounge...

Verified

They're pretty much the best in terms of quality and total protection warranty. And I've had very positive interactions with their reps. I got an eight-foot tub, and the installat...

Cal Spas review

Cal Spas' hot tubs feature cutting-edge jet configuration technology that provides a full hydrotherapy session with every soak. The company offers customizable jet configurations, seating and entertainment accessories, including curved-cascade LED waterfalls.

The U-Select option lets customers choose between options for the hot tub's design and seating, including bench seats and lounge seats with spa jets positioned to target both your upper and lower body during a hydrotherapy session. Its Kool seat lets you comfortably acclimate to the temperature when getting in or out of the tub. The company’s patented, stainless steel Candy Cane jets provide different massage options so every soak is satisfying.

Cal Spas models

Cal Spas manufactures three series of hot tubs: Patio, Escape and Platinum. Each series has a selection of models with different seating and jet configurations plus other customizable options. Price ranges vary with each model and series, and the company offers free online quotes upon request.

• Cal Spas Patio collection: Like its name implies, the Cal Spas Patio Spa collection are patio-sized spas. Popular models include the Pacifica Plus PPZ-732L, a six-person hot tub with 32 jets that features a 5.5kW titanium heater and a 5-inch multi-color LED spa light. Another popular hot tub in the Patio series, The Kona Plus PPZ-534L, seats three people and comes with 34 jets, a 5.5kW titanium heater and a 5-inch multi-color LED spa light.
  • Cal Spas Escape collection The Escape series comes with adjustable controls to personalize each soak. Escape Plus Spas provide a three-pump system with hydromassage technology. The Pacifica EC-739L offers room for six people and has 39 jets. The Tropical EC-739B comes with waterfalls and a perimeter LED lighting package.
  • Cal Spas Platinum collection Cal Spas' Platinum series includes U-Select jet options. The U-Select jet provides hydrotherapy massages for the feet, shins, shoulders, back and neck. One popular Platinum series model, the Huntington PL-772L, seats six people, comes with 72 jets and includes a 20-foot cascade LED waterfall. Other hot tubs in the series have up to 93 jets.

Cal Spa prices

To find out the cost of a Cal Spas hot tub model, request a quote online. Certified Cal Spas dealers near you follow up with more information about the pricing and availability of the spas that interest you.

Most reviews state that Cal Spas are reasonably priced. Costs for entry-level hot tubs cap at around $7,000, and luxury models start at $13,000.

Cal Spas also accepts trade-ins — fill out its online form with information on the series, model and age of your spa to get a competitive, no-obligation trade-in estimate.

Cal Spa accessories

Customers can find a variety of hot tub extras and decor options available with the Cal Metro product line, including hot tub steps, benches, privacy screens, bars and barstools. Cal Spas' covers keep debris out of your hot tub and help it run more efficiently. You can also purchase pillows, headrests, filters and replacement parts. Replacement filters are available online for each hot tub model.

Cal Spas warranty

Depending on the series and model, each Cal Spas hot tub includes:

• A five- or 10-year shell structure warranty
  • A two- or seven-year shell finish warranty
  • A two- or five-year parts warranty
  • A two- or five-year labor warranty
  • A one- or five-year cabinet warranty

The owners' manual provides more detailed information on the warranty you have based on the model you bought. Make sure you understand the warranty included with your hot tub before purchasing it.

Cal Spas FAQ

Where is the Cal Spas factory?

The Cal Spas factory is in Pomona, California.

What is the Cal Spas app?

The Cal Spas app is a tool used by dealers to showcase updated listings and manuals. It also offers helpful troubleshooting guides to help Cal Spas hot tub owners.

How do you reset a Cal Spa?

If your spa is under warranty, you must have all services performed by a spa service tech or risk voiding your warranty. If you’re having a repair issue with your spa, it’s best to call a spa dealer to schedule service.

How much does a Cal Spa cost?

Cal Spas’ prices depend on the model you choose and the features you want. You can request a free quote online to have a certified local dealer contact you directly with pricing and availability.

Are Cal Spas any good?

Cal Spas constructs its hot tubs for strength and durability. Its spas have several features, including:

• U-Select Hydrotherapy system: This system allows you to select different combinations of jets from ten configurations. The U-Select Hydrotherapy system allows users to target specific muscles and choose different pressure intensities.
  • Adjustable Therapy system: This system offers targeted muscle relief therapy. Seats are constructed to conform to your shape, and the jets are placed along specific lines of the body. Nine different jet pressure levels are available. A motor and control panel allow users to personalize each massage system.
  • Aquatic Air Therapy: Aquatic Air Therapy Jets offer an optimal massage therapy experience for aching muscles and joints. The Flex Jet offers a gentle but firm stream for delicate areas of the body, including the hands, wrists or knees. The Duo Jet is for larger parts of the body, such as the back or shoulders. The Precision Jet uses a combination of air and water to target problem areas.
  • Pro Trainer: The Pro Trainer allows swimmers to adjust all of the jets at once. There are six different speeds of swim currents that offer everything from low-resistance aquatic workouts to more intense training. The Smart Control module has a Swim Pro Workout button that lets swimmers choose from different types of training.
  • Fountain of Youth: This patented hydrotherapy uses micro-bubbles, which increase oxygen levels in the water to energize your skin and increase collagen production. The system also kills bacteria and promotes healing.

Are Cal Spas hot tubs worth it?

Yes, Cal Spas are worth a closer look if you are considering a new hot tub. The company offers a variety of customizable products, including hot tubs and swim spas. However, pricing isn't readily available without a quote from a local Cal Spa dealer, which can slow down your decision-making process. Still, local customer service representatives can help you select the perfect model for your budget.

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cal Spas?

Original review: June 3, 2022

Prior to my new spa, I bought a bigger one from Cal Spas about nine years prior to that. The one I recently bought four years ago was my second one from them. I started having problems with that one, and I needed them to come out and perform some service on it about three times. Every time they did, they came out and took care of it. We were happy with the outcome every time. If something needs to be replaced, their rep took it out and took it back to the shop, rebuilt it, and brought it back.

As far as the delivery, the team members were definitely strong enough to pick this thing up and put it in my backyard. They didn't ask me for help. They had to take it down my nextdoor neighbor’s yard, and they took the fence down between us. They took it through the fence to get to me. So, it wasn’t an easy delivery, but they got it in, filled it with water, plugged it in, turned it on, and made sure it worked.

Get buying tips about Hot Tubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 22, 2022

I’m satisfied with Cal Spas. It’s a good product. They also have a showroom. But having a showroom with some live examples, and being able to test the seats out with water in it and see if they're comfortable, would probably be a good idea. This recent purchase was my second Cal Spas. My first one started to leak. In the wintertime, one of the motors was encased in ice, and it froze the whole system out. It shorted out. I called. It was still under warranty. But the guy could not find the leak. He said, “I think it repaired itself.” But I don’t think the problem fixed itself. There was an electrical issue and we had to change the wiring, and I paid for that.

The second Cal Spas is about the same size. It’s got the same amount of jets too. But with the first spa that I bought, I could sit in it and the way the bucket was designed, it was comfortable. Now, the seats, I sit in it, and I almost slide out of the seat. I have to put my feet in the middle just to stay in my spot. Another thing, when I go to open the hot tub, I slip the one side up and I’ll just hold it there. Water would drain out of that top for a few seconds and then, continue opening it. Somehow, there is steam condensing inside the cover and that water then finds a way to a corner and drips down. I was like, “I’ll never buy a Cal Spas again.” But they came out for the warranty issue.

Original review: March 27, 2022

Cal Spas had a beautiful spa on display and we decided to purchase that. The crew came that very next week for the installation. The spa came with a gazebo and some barstools. It has a little bar area and we really like that with some planters, it looks super nice. It's a great size for us and my grandkids also enjoy it. It's like a small pool for them. When it comes to this kind of purchase, be ready to keep good maintenance on it. We've had a couple of issues where we didn't put the chemicals in correctly so we had a little fungus. We had to empty out the spa and suction out all the jets and clean it out real well and refill it.

Original review: March 15, 2022

I went into a spa dealer and liked the colors and the deal that they offered. They were super helpful and nice people. It was easy. And I bought the spa. The quality is superb. I have a pool, and it has a Jacuzzi at the end. It's too hard to heat every time. But I have to keep it. So, I decided to put one on my porch. And it's just always hot. It always stays working. And I've never had one minute problem with it, never had to call anybody. It has a light that changes color, and that has always worked. And the Jets are good. If I went down and looked at the new ones, I would want another one. Soon they will come out with massaging jets that go up and down like my Infinity chair. I like Cal Spas a lot. I'd recommend it.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

I call my Cal Spas the fountain of youth. The delivery was great and it's been a good hot tub. I like that it has a lot of jets. I have a bad lower back, so that's what I was looking for. I've had hot tubs most of my adult life and most of them have had leaks and things falling apart. I had one where the jets would constantly explode and all the ball bearings would spray all over. But I've not had any of that with Cal Spas. The quality held up and it's a year and a half old now. I've had not a single problem and it's the first hot tub that I've had that I can say that.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2022

Purchased a 730 series hot tub ten months ago. The pumps went into in-op mode. the local dealer sent out an inexperienced employee and determined a $6 30 watt fuse was the problem. No problem, they didn't have fuses in stock, special order, next week? I told him Lowe's had them in stock... no response. After my **, the local dealer sent out an experienced tech. Yes, the fuse was blown as well as the number two pump! Another two week wait. The #2 came in the earlier inexperienced employee installed it. While he was testing it, he said 'great, it's working!' (NOT). Pointed out the #2 jets are still not working! He said give it thirty minutes for it to 'prime'. He left.

After he left no #2 jets/pumps working as I constantly hear the #2 pump attempting to kick in and out. Also the temperture had been set to 95 and now it goes to 101? The #1 and #2 Jet Incons continue to 'rotate' while the unit is not in use. I can turn on the #1 side pump/jets by pushing the #1 icon while I can shut off the same with the #2 icon? Sometimes before the above problem occurred, both icon buttons infrequently and temporaryly inop. Randomly, the number one pump kicks on (outside the cleaning times). Called the local dealer, says they are working on the problem with CalSpa Tech Assist but don't have an answer yet? (NOT SO) Funny, I call the Cal Spa Tech Line twice. The first time, the Tech Specialist was on vacation, 'can he call you back next week?' The second time 'he was out for the day'. Still no communication from local dealer?

Original review: July 23, 2022

The reps did a great job and they were very informative and on hand. Even the contractors that brought the spa to my home did a fantastic job. I've had overall good experience with it. The only issue that I originally had was the jets were popping off. But I'm CPO-certified so it wasn't that difficult for me to push it back in and turn them. Other than that, the controls are good and everything works well.

Original review: July 22, 2022

Enthusiastic sales, poor service. Less than 1 wk after spa installation the control panel went dead. A week later we still had no info on repair status, no scheduled service appointment able to be scheduled until part received. Cal Spas ground shipped updated replacement part to our rural camp (we don't have a mailbox and are NOT there full time). No concern by either for how long this will take, guests coming for 2nd weekend, electricity use. Local dealer telling us we may have to install part ourself or we arrange for someone near camp to! Cal Spas told us to look up VP name if we want to escalate concerns further.

Cal Spas response

Hello,

We are very sorry for the experience you have had with your new spa. Rest assured we are working directly with your dealer to get you back up and running. You are currently on the schedule for Thursday 7/28.

Original review: June 2, 2022

I liked Cal Spas' price. It's just their website needs to be a little bit more friendly for finding parts. The installation team was fair. I had a little incident. My gate was not big enough. I told them to wait a couple of minutes and I had knocked down a wall so they could get through, and they packed up and left. I had to make a second appointment. It took me about half an hour to move the fence, but their rules are their rules. Other than that, the salespeople and the people I've dealt with are very good.

Original review: May 28, 2022

The spa makes hot water. It has lights and jets. Usage is good, except that it's very difficult to program. Other than that, the quality has been fine. Don't get the program that I have. You have to get an updated program.

Cal Spas Company Information