4.1/5 (723 ratings)

About Cal Spas

With over 35 years of experience, Cal Spas is a provider of luxury spas and accessories. We pride ourselves in being a top Global Manufacturer of Home Resort Products.

Innovation and technological advancements are top priorities when crafting Cal Spas products. Built with more standard features and designer appeal, our products are a great addition to any outdoor space.

Pros

• Customizable jet configurations
  • Warranty on all models
  • Hydrotherapy massage features

Cons

• No instant trade-in quotes
  • Prices found through local dealers

Bottom Line

Cal Spas offers a range of highly customizable hot tub models with a variety of seating options and jet configurations. All of its hot tubs come with a standard warranty, but pricing estimates aren’t available online.

Top Cal Spas Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

We got the Aqua 730 Lounge. It has the one seat that’s a lounge, and then it has the little lights in it. And the rest are seats and they have the jets on each seat and the lounge...

Verified

They're pretty much the best in terms of quality and total protection warranty. And I've had very positive interactions with their reps. I got an eight-foot tub, and the installat...

Cal Spas review

Cal Spas' hot tubs feature cutting-edge jet configuration technology that provides a full hydrotherapy session with every soak. The company offers customizable jet configurations, seating and entertainment accessories, including curved-cascade LED waterfalls. Cal Spas' Plug-N-Play hot tubs are easy to use without installing new wiring in your home or condo.

The U-Select option lets customers choose between options for the hot tub's design and seating, including bench seats and lounge seats with spa jets positioned to target both your upper and lower body during a hydrotherapy session. Its Kool seat lets you comfortably acclimate to the temperature when getting in or out of the tub. The company’s patented, stainless steel Candy Cane jets provide different massage options so every soak is satisfying.

Cal Spas models

Cal Spas manufactures three series of hot tubs: Patio, Escape and Platinum. Each series has a selection of models with different seating and jet configurations plus other customizable options. Price ranges vary with each model and series, and the company offers free online quotes upon request.

• Cal Spas Patio collection: The Cal Spas Patio Spa collection offers Plug-N-Play technology that's easy and quick to install with a 110-volt outlet. Popular models include the Round PZ-5112, a six-person hot tub with 11 jets that features a 5.5kW titanium heater and a 5-inch multi-color LED spa light. Another popular hot tub in the Patio series, The Balboa PZ-517L, seats three people and comes with 17 jets.
  • Cal Spas Escape collection The Escape series comes with adjustable controls to personalize each soak. Escape Plus Spas provide a three-pump system with hydromassage technology. The Pacifica EC-739L offers room for six people and has 39 jets. The Tropical EC-739B comes with waterfalls and a perimeter LED lighting package.
  • Cal Spas Platinum collection Cal Spas' Platinum series includes U-Select jet options. The U-Select jet provides hydrotherapy massages for the feet, shins, shoulders, back and neck. One popular Platinum series model, the Huntington PL-772L, seats six people, comes with 72 jets and includes a 20-foot cascade LED waterfall. Other hot tubs in the series have up to 93 jets.

Cal Spa prices

To find out the cost of a Cal Spas hot tub model, request a quote online. Certified Cal Spas dealers near you follow up with more information about the pricing and availability of the spas that interest you.

Most reviews state that Cal Spas are reasonably priced. Costs for entry-level hot tubs cap at around $7,000, and luxury models start at $13,000.

Cal Spas also accepts trade-ins — fill out its online form with information on the series, model and age of your spa to get a competitive, no-obligation trade-in estimate.

Cal Spa accessories

Customers can find a variety of hot tub extras and decor options available with the Cal Metro product line, including hot tub steps, benches, privacy screens, bars and barstools. Cal Spas' covers keep debris out of your hot tub and help it run more efficiently. You can also purchase pillows, headrests, filters and replacement parts. Replacement filters are available online for each hot tub model.

Cal Spas warranty

Depending on the series and model, each Cal Spas hot tub includes:

• A five- or 10-year shell structure warranty
  • A two- or seven-year shell finish warranty
  • A two- or five-year parts warranty
  • A two- or five-year labor warranty
  • A one- or five-year cabinet warranty

The owners' manual provides more detailed information on the warranty you have based on the model you bought. Make sure you understand the warranty included with your hot tub before purchasing it.

Cal Spas FAQ

Where is the Cal Spas factory?
The Cal Spas factory is in Pomona, California.
What is the Cal Spas app?
The Cal Spas app is a tool used by dealers to showcase updated listings and manuals. It also offers helpful troubleshooting guides to help Cal Spas hot tub owners.
How do you reset a Cal Spa?
If your spa is under warranty, you must have all services performed by a spa service tech or risk voiding your warranty. If you’re having a repair issue with your spa, it’s best to call a spa dealer to schedule service.
How much does a Cal Spa cost?
Cal Spas’ prices depend on the model you choose and the features you want. You can request a free quote online to have a certified local dealer contact you directly with pricing and availability.
Are Cal Spas any good?
Cal Spas constructs its hot tubs for strength and durability. Its spas have several features, including:
  • U-Select Hydrotherapy system: This system allows you to select different combinations of jets from ten configurations. The U-Select Hydrotherapy system allows users to target specific muscles and choose different pressure intensities.
  • Adjustable Therapy system: This system offers targeted muscle relief therapy. Seats are constructed to conform to your shape, and the jets are placed along specific lines of the body. Nine different jet pressure levels are available. A motor and control panel allow users to personalize each massage system.
  • Aquatic Air Therapy: Aquatic Air Therapy Jets offer an optimal massage therapy experience for aching muscles and joints. The Flex Jet offers a gentle but firm stream for delicate areas of the body, including the hands, wrists or knees. The Duo Jet is for larger parts of the body, such as the back or shoulders. The Precision Jet uses a combination of air and water to target problem areas.
  • Pro Trainer: The Pro Trainer allows swimmers to adjust all of the jets at once. There are six different speeds of swim currents that offer everything from low-resistance aquatic workouts to more intense training. The Smart Control module has a Swim Pro Workout button that lets swimmers choose from different types of training.
  • Fountain of Youth: This patented hydrotherapy uses micro-bubbles, which increase oxygen levels in the water to energize your skin and increase collagen production. The system also kills bacteria and promotes healing.

Are Cal Spas hot tubs worth it?

Yes, Cal Spas are worth a closer look if you are considering a new hot tub. The company offers a variety of customizable products, including hot tubs and swim spas. However, pricing isn't readily available without a quote from a local Cal Spa dealer, which can slow down your decision-making process. Still, local customer service representatives can help you select the perfect model for your budget.

Cal Spas Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cal Spas?

Original review: April 22, 2022

I’m satisfied with Cal Spas. It’s a good product. They also have a showroom. But having a showroom with some live examples, and being able to test the seats out with water in it and see if they're comfortable, would probably be a good idea. This recent purchase was my second Cal Spas. My first one started to leak. In the wintertime, one of the motors was encased in ice, and it froze the whole system out. It shorted out. I called. It was still under warranty. But the guy could not find the leak. He said, “I think it repaired itself.” But I don’t think the problem fixed itself. There was an electrical issue and we had to change the wiring, and I paid for that.

The second Cal Spas is about the same size. It’s got the same amount of jets too. But with the first spa that I bought, I could sit in it and the way the bucket was designed, it was comfortable. Now, the seats, I sit in it, and I almost slide out of the seat. I have to put my feet in the middle just to stay in my spot. Another thing, when I go to open the hot tub, I slip the one side up and I’ll just hold it there. Water would drain out of that top for a few seconds and then, continue opening it. Somehow, there is steam condensing inside the cover and that water then finds a way to a corner and drips down. I was like, “I’ll never buy a Cal Spas again.” But they came out for the warranty issue.

Get buying tips about Hot Tubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 27, 2022

Cal Spas had a beautiful spa on display and we decided to purchase that. The crew came that very next week for the installation. The spa came with a gazebo and some barstools. It has a little bar area and we really like that with some planters, it looks super nice. It's a great size for us and my grandkids also enjoy it. It's like a small pool for them. When it comes to this kind of purchase, be ready to keep good maintenance on it. We've had a couple of issues where we didn't put the chemicals in correctly so we had a little fungus. We had to empty out the spa and suction out all the jets and clean it out real well and refill it.

Original review: March 15, 2022

I went into a spa dealer and liked the colors and the deal that they offered. They were super helpful and nice people. It was easy. And I bought the spa. The quality is superb. I have a pool, and it has a Jacuzzi at the end. It's too hard to heat every time. But I have to keep it. So, I decided to put one on my porch. And it's just always hot. It always stays working. And I've never had one minute problem with it, never had to call anybody. It has a light that changes color, and that has always worked. And the Jets are good. If I went down and looked at the new ones, I would want another one. Soon they will come out with massaging jets that go up and down like my Infinity chair. I like Cal Spas a lot. I'd recommend it.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

I call my Cal Spas the fountain of youth. The delivery was great and it's been a good hot tub. I like that it has a lot of jets. I have a bad lower back, so that's what I was looking for. I've had hot tubs most of my adult life and most of them have had leaks and things falling apart. I had one where the jets would constantly explode and all the ball bearings would spray all over. But I've not had any of that with Cal Spas. The quality held up and it's a year and a half old now. I've had not a single problem and it's the first hot tub that I've had that I can say that.

Original review: May 22, 2021

I already knew that Cal Spas existed, but I didn't look at them until I was at the Valley fair. Also, I read about them. I knew they are all worthy and they were good spas. The installers came in on a flatbed truck set on furniture dollies. And then I have a double gate, so it came on dollies on its side into my backyard. They were nice guys.

I got a good deal. I got the model that only has seats, jets for the spa on one end. It's a large swim spa. But I only got it for the pool part of it, not just the spa side. So it doesn't have a lot of seats. Only the two on the one end that have jets for the spa side. I've had shoulder surgery so the jets on my one side are different than the jets on the other side. That was my favorite spot.

The only thing I'm not happy about my spa is I have a crack at the top of it. I already have Astro Turf down and under the Astro Turf is a bunch of sand because I used to have above ground pools. So the sand is still all there. And then I have Astro Turf on top of it. They told me I needed to put pea gravel down on top of the Astro Turf to be able to level the spa. When the workers came out to deliver it, they said I didn't need to do that. But because of the pea gravel, the spa is not sitting level now. I used it a lot the first year. A lot by half the time the second year. I haven't used it all this year. It has been empty. I have cracks on the top edge because the spa is not sitting level. I have to call somebody out to level it. Cal Spas has not returned my calls back a lot when I called Secard. I don't know who to call. But I took pictures of it and I passed around to people who are interested. I still promote Cal Spas.

Original review: May 4, 2022

I ended up having to pay a one lump sum payment instead of financing the hot tub because that part of the process wasn’t really clear. So I wasn’t happy with that. Once I purchased it, I also found out that I had to pay for a new gate because we had to knock one part of my wall down to get the tub in. I like the multiple jets but the quality of the tub is kind of poor. I can’t tell what’s going on underneath the plastic material around the side. It protrudes out a little bit. But it looked like that since they installed it. So I couldn’t tell if that was a defect or it was supposed to look like that.

Cal Spas response

We apologize for the issue you experienced with financing your spa and the delivery. Usually the dealer will advise in advance any delivery requirements including access. Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: April 21, 2022

We set up a time for the installers to come over and deliver it. They had their little doohickey to wheel the spa over to the area and they set it down where we wanted it. It gives us what we're looking for in a spa as far as moving water, heated water, and a cover that keeps it protected throughout the year. The usage for the spa is much greater than spending the same amount of money for other recreational products.

Original review: April 20, 2022

My experience with Cal Spas has been good. I use the tub for therapeutic benefits and the quality is excellent. The reps have been good.

Original review: April 19, 2022

We use the spa more in the summer months than in the winter months, and the quality has been good.

Original review: April 18, 2022

We purchased our spa from Gordon's Pools around September 2015, and from that time we have not had some our lights working or the Bluetooth radio. We have been in touch with Barry about these problems and nothing is getting done. He comes with a hand full of light, but not the right stuff to connect the lights or he doesn't have all the right lights. We would love to have the lights in that go in our spa we purchased that were never put in correctly. And the radio working also.

Cal Spas response

Hello Donald, I am sorry for the issues you have experienced with the lights and radio on your spa. Please contact our customer service department for further assistance on replacement. The lights are radio carry a 1 year warranty which has expired but we can still assist with the purchase of replacement parts and a technician.

Cal Spas Company Information