2. Homeowners
  3. Hot Tubs
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.64/5

With over 35 years of experience, Cal Spas is a provider of luxury spas and accessories. We pride ourselves in being a top Global Manufacturer of Home Resort Products.

Innovation and technological advancements are top priorities when crafting Cal Spas products. Built with more standard features and designer appeal, our products are a great addition to any outdoor space.

BOTTOM LINE

Cal Spas offers a range of highly customizable hot tub models with a variety of seating options and jet configurations. All of its hot tubs come with a standard warranty, but pricing estimates aren’t available online.

PROS

• Customizable jet configurations
  • Warranty on all models
  • Hydrotherapy massage features

CONS

• No instant trade-in quotes
  • Prices found through local dealers

Top Cal Spas Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cal Spas?

We got the Aqua 730 Lounge. It has the one seat that’s a lounge, and then it has the little lights in it. And the rest are seats and they have the jets on each seat and the lounge. Its quality is excellent.

They're pretty much the best in terms of quality and total protection warranty. And I've had very positive interactions with their reps. I got an eight-foot tub, and the installation was easy except ... It works, and it has a decent power. It has good reliability.

Cal Spas review

Cal Spas' hot tubs feature cutting-edge jet configuration technology that provides a full hydrotherapy session with every soak. The company offers customizable jet configurations, seating and entertainment accessories, including curved-cascade LED waterfalls. Cal Spas' Plug-N-Play hot tubs are easy to use without installing new wiring in your home or condo.

The U-Select option lets customers choose between options for the hot tub's design and seating, including bench seats and lounge seats with spa jets positioned to target both your upper and lower body during a hydrotherapy session. Its Kool seat lets you comfortably acclimate to the temperature when getting in or out of the tub. The company’s patented, stainless steel Candy Cane jets provide different massage options so every soak is satisfying.

Cal Spas models

Cal Spas manufactures three series of hot tubs: Patio, Escape and Platinum. Each series has a selection of models with different seating and jet configurations plus other customizable options. Price ranges vary with each model and series, and the company offers free online quotes upon request.

• Cal Spas Patio collection: The Cal Spas Patio Spa collection offers Plug-N-Play technology that's easy and quick to install with a 110-volt outlet. Popular models include the Round PZ-5112, a six-person hot tub with 11 jets that features a 5.5kW titanium heater and a 5-inch multi-color LED spa light. Another popular hot tub in the Patio series, The Balboa PZ-517L, seats three people and comes with 17 jets.
  • Cal Spas Escape collection The Escape series comes with adjustable controls to personalize each soak. Escape Plus Spas provide a three-pump system with hydromassage technology. The Pacifica EC-739L offers room for six people and has 39 jets. The Tropical EC-739B comes with waterfalls and a perimeter LED lighting package.
  • Cal Spas Platinum collection Cal Spas' Platinum series includes U-Select jet options. The U-Select jet provides hydrotherapy massages for the feet, shins, shoulders, back and neck. One popular Platinum series model, the Huntington PL-772L, seats six people, comes with 72 jets and includes a 20-foot cascade LED waterfall. Other hot tubs in the series have up to 93 jets.

Cal Spa prices

To find out the cost of a Cal Spas hot tub model, request a quote online. Certified Cal Spas dealers near you follow up with more information about the pricing and availability of the spas that interest you.

Most reviews state that Cal Spas are reasonably priced. Costs for entry-level hot tubs cap at around $7,000, and luxury models start at $13,000.

Cal Spas also accepts trade-ins — fill out its online form with information on the series, model and age of your spa to get a competitive, no-obligation trade-in estimate.

Cal Spa accessories

Customers can find a variety of hot tub extras and decor options available with the Cal Metro product line, including hot tub steps, benches, privacy screens, bars and barstools. Cal Spas' covers keep debris out of your hot tub and help it run more efficiently. You can also purchase pillows, headrests, filters and replacement parts. Replacement filters are available online for each hot tub model.

Cal Spas warranty

Depending on the series and model, each Cal Spas hot tub includes:

• A five- or 10-year shell structure warranty
  • A two- or seven-year shell finish warranty
  • A two- or five-year parts warranty
  • A two- or five-year labor warranty
  • A one- or five-year cabinet warranty

The owners' manual provides more detailed information on the warranty you have based on the model you bought. Make sure you understand the warranty included with your hot tub before purchasing it.

Cal Spas FAQ

Where is the Cal Spas factory?
The Cal Spas factory is in Pomona, California.
What is the Cal Spas app?
The Cal Spas app is a tool used by dealers to showcase updated listings and manuals. It also offers helpful troubleshooting guides to help Cal Spas hot tub owners.
How do you reset a Cal Spa?
If your spa is under warranty, you must have all services performed by a spa service tech or risk voiding your warranty. If you’re having a repair issue with your spa, it’s best to call a spa dealer to schedule service.
How much does a Cal Spa cost?
Cal Spas’ prices depend on the model you choose and the features you want. You can request a free quote online to have a certified local dealer contact you directly with pricing and availability.
Are Cal Spas any good?
Cal Spas constructs its hot tubs for strength and durability. Its spas have several features, including:
  • U-Select Hydrotherapy system: This system allows you to select different combinations of jets from ten configurations. The U-Select Hydrotherapy system allows users to target specific muscles and choose different pressure intensities.
  • Adjustable Therapy system: This system offers targeted muscle relief therapy. Seats are constructed to conform to your shape, and the jets are placed along specific lines of the body. Nine different jet pressure levels are available. A motor and control panel allow users to personalize each massage system.
  • Aquatic Air Therapy: Aquatic Air Therapy Jets offer an optimal massage therapy experience for aching muscles and joints. The Flex Jet offers a gentle but firm stream for delicate areas of the body, including the hands, wrists or knees. The Duo Jet is for larger parts of the body, such as the back or shoulders. The Precision Jet uses a combination of air and water to target problem areas.
  • Pro Trainer: The Pro Trainer allows swimmers to adjust all of the jets at once. There are six different speeds of swim currents that offer everything from low-resistance aquatic workouts to more intense training. The Smart Control module has a Swim Pro Workout button that lets swimmers choose from different types of training.
  • Fountain of Youth: This patented hydrotherapy uses micro-bubbles, which increase oxygen levels in the water to energize your skin and increase collagen production. The system also kills bacteria and promotes healing.

Are Cal Spas hot tubs worth it?

Yes, Cal Spas are worth a closer look if you are considering a new hot tub. The company offers a variety of customizable products, including hot tubs and swim spas. However, pricing isn't readily available without a quote from a local Cal Spa dealer, which can slow down your decision-making process. Still, local customer service representatives can help you select the perfect model for your budget.

Cal Spas Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cal Spas?

Original review: May 15, 2020

I'm originally from California and I've always heard about Cal Spas. My parents had a hot tub Cal Spas when I was growing up. Then we moved to Minnesota early summer two years ago and we decided we wanted a hot tub in our backyard. We looked at the Minnesota State Fair during that timeframe but we weren't really impressed with the deals there so we went to Cal Spas' storefront. I had a nice conversation with the guy there and it was a painless purchase process. We did take some time to make some decisions because we weren't sure if we wanted the extra jets but all in all, we were very pleased with our purchase. When we first got the hot tub, we had an issue getting it hooked up with an electrician but it was not Cal Spas' fault at all.

We finally got it hooked up and we put the water in. They gave us the starter kit of supplies. But water in Minnesota is extremely hard so it took the whole bottle of pH and alkalinity down to get the levels right but they weren't right because we needed more. We were right in the middle of travel so we were worried that our tub was gonna get destroyed. When I called Cal Spas and explained everything to them, they got some pH down together and gave us a couple of bottles on the house. They had it all tied up in a bag and had it all ready to go so that we could just drop by, pick it up with the kids, go home and put it in the tub. Everything ended up turning out just fine.

Then they had the guy come out shortly thereafter to give us the lesson that they offer to new hot tub owners about keeping the chemicals. We had a problem with water and we went in there and one of the gentlemen who worked there told us how to take care of it. It’s been perfect since. I love the hot tub and it's one of the best things that we could have ever invested our money in.

When we first bought it, we got the lounger in our hot tub and we weren't gonna get the extra jets 'cause we were looking at the cost. We wanted to be smart but we also wanted to take advantage of what we were gonna buy. I told my husband that if we were gonna spend eight grand, we might as well get what we want. So we decided to spend the extra $900, get the jets in there and we do not regret it. It is the best thing we've ever done and we love that thing. It was a great investment and it will be with us for as long as we have it. We also asked how much the tub weighed empty because with our jobs, we sign mobility agreements and we may have to move. But it's well under the weight limit of what we would have so we will probably move it with us.

Get buying tips about Hot Tubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 9, 2020

We saw Cal Spas at the entrance of the state fair where we go to. They feel like one of the more reputable companies in the area and we were able to get a pretty good deal on the one we got. Everything is working well. The installation took an hour, and it seemed pretty straightforward. The product we got is spacious. We can easily fit four or six people in there without really any effort. The interface took a little bit of time to get used to but it was not too bad and it's fairly intuitive.

The only thing we found, and we kind of learned this the first winter, was the cost of heating in the winter was pretty extensive and we had it kept to 100 degrees all year and the heating bill went up. It's like $250 to $300 a month just for that winter. So, we dropped this next two years and we really didn't use it that much in the winter. The next two years, we kinda set the temperature down to like 65 or 70. And then the cost went down dramatically. It makes sense but that was something we kinda learned the hard way the first year.

Original review: March 21, 2020

We did some research online independent of talking to anybody and had some ideas of what we wanted to do and looked at a couple other manufacturers. But we never heard of Cal Spas until we were at the Minnesota State Fair. The gentleman that we worked with was named Dylan. He was very good and very informative. This was the first hot tub we ever bought. I peeked at the ConsumerAffairs website before I bought the spa and they ranked pretty good, so I felt pretty good about the purchase.

In all due respect to the gentlemen that were delivering it, we were about 70 miles from their facility and they had about six other deliveries to do that day. They were thorough and they covered the basics. Would I have liked to spend more time with them? Yes. But as a guy who works on the road too, I can empathize a bit with the fact that they had a lot of work ahead of them because we were their second stop of the day. Cal Spas did an awful good job. They exceeded our expectations. We have been using the tub for a year and a half now. It has been flawless. The local branch where I get my maintenance items from for them has been extremely helpful, very good and very easy to deal with. And they have really been a good resource for me to keep the tub running pretty much maintenance-free since we got it.

Original review: March 14, 2020

Everything was perfect during the installation of our bathtub. The three big guys who did that were wonderful and they didn't damage anything. We’ve had our bathtub for the last year and a half now. We're happy and we're definitely enjoying it. We like hot water and I use the tub every single night. But we had to call one time and had some help. We got that all figured out. We have some issues sometimes. It’s random, but the tub won’t let us set the times and dates for the filtration system. The computer board is messed up. My husband contacted Cal Spas and they told him how to reset it by shutting it down and rebooting it. They explained to him that it was like a computer. It all worked great. He hasn't called them back since because he has done that a few times. It works for a while.

We haven't had any other problems. Our neighbor has two filters for his spa and all that kind of stuff. He has a different brand. He has to clean the filters constantly. We don't want to do that. Ours is perfect. We have one big filter which my husband cleans once in a while and we're good to go. We can buy one at 40 bucks which is inexpensive. We got two so one’s always clean.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

We had another Cal Spas tub for 12 years, but the motors weren’t working great and a lot of the stuff was getting outdated. Plus, it was hard to get a part. We decided to update and we went with Cal Spas because we seem to have good service from Cal Spas in Plymouth. We order our chemicals from them and if you order over $100, you don't have to pay shipping. Plus, they have usually been good to come if we needed them.

We bought a nine-seater hot tub and it has the waterfall and many jets. Their team was good. We had a good experience except they didn't finish positioning the hot tub on the patio. The hot tub was very heavy so it was very hard for me and my husband. We had to make some rollers and get that done. The first time, they positioned it, filled it, and made sure everything worked, but they didn't do that this time. And even though we had the electrical inspected properly before, we had to have it done again and they had to wait until we had that done. The hot tub is very easy to use though. The controls are very easy and the tub stays clean. We filled it in April and our water is still very clean. Also, the heat up and cool off is really nice.

Original review: July 31, 2020

It's been a good experience having the Cal Spa installed. I use it 2x a month and it's relaxing. It's also of good quality.

Original review: July 24, 2020

We were at a state fair and found Cal Spas there. I did my research and got a good price. We got the state fair special model as our first tub and the installers were fast and friendly. It's a seven-person hot tub. However, when you fill it to the proper level or it has all the jets working, the water overflows as soon as you get four people in there (and for sure the seven that it will hold). You then have to refill it because all the water just goes over. I use the hot tub a couple of times a week and so far everything's holding up. It's quality. The only complaint I have is that the headrests degrade when they get touched with the chlorine water. Other than that, everything's been good. My family wants to come over more too.

Original review: July 23, 2020

We've had a hot tub from Cal Spas for years and when I've had to speak with them, everything's good. My husband was here when they came and installation went fine. So far, the quality is good.

Original review: June 29, 2020

I heard about Cal Spas through the state fair. Installation was good and the tub has been going on for two years. The headrests are falling apart though but other than that, it's been fine.

Original review: June 20, 2020

I used to know a franchise owner, a friend of past owners, so I have always seen Cal Spas at the State Fair. So, when it was time to buy, that was one of the brands we leaned towards. The quality of the spa and installation were both good. After the install, we had some bad wind that took the cover off. We worked to resolve the issue and Cal Spas took good care of everything.

Cal Spas Company Information