4.4(844)

Overall Rating4.4 out of 5

About Cal Spas

With over 35 years of experience, Cal Spas is a provider of luxury spas and accessories. We pride ourselves in being a top Global Manufacturer of Home Resort Products.

Innovation and technological advancements are top priorities when crafting Cal Spas products. Built with more standard features and designer appeal, our products are a great addition to any outdoor space.

Pros & Cons

Pros

• Customizable jet configurations
  • Warranty on all models
  • Hydrotherapy massage features

Cons

• No instant trade-in quotes
  • Prices found through local dealers

Bottom Line

Cal Spas offers a range of highly customizable hot tub models with a variety of seating options and jet configurations. All of its hot tubs come with a standard warranty, but pricing estimates aren’t available online.

Featured Reviews

Verified
Nuevo, CA

We got the Aqua 730 Lounge. It has the one seat that’s a lounge, and then it has the little lights in it. And the rest are seats and they have the jets on each seat and the lounge...

Verified
Mn, MN

They're pretty much the best in terms of quality and total protection warranty. And I've had very positive interactions with their reps. I got an eight-foot tub, and the installat...

Cal Spas review

Cal Spas' hot tubs feature cutting-edge jet configuration technology that provides a full hydrotherapy session with every soak. The company offers customizable jet configurations, seating and entertainment accessories, including curved-cascade LED waterfalls.

The U-Select option lets customers choose between options for the hot tub's design and seating, including bench seats and lounge seats with spa jets positioned to target both your upper and lower body during a hydrotherapy session. Its Kool seat lets you comfortably acclimate to the temperature when getting in or out of the tub. The company’s patented, stainless steel Candy Cane jets provide different massage options so every soak is satisfying.

Cal Spas models

Cal Spas manufactures three series of hot tubs: Patio, Escape and Platinum. Each series has a selection of models with different seating and jet configurations plus other customizable options. Price ranges vary with each model and series, and the company offers free online quotes upon request.

• Cal Spas Patio collection: Like its name implies, the Cal Spas Patio Spa collection are patio-sized spas. Popular models include the Pacifica Plus PPZ-732L, a six-person hot tub with 32 jets that features a 5.5kW titanium heater and a 5-inch multi-color LED spa light. Another popular hot tub in the Patio series, The Kona Plus PPZ-534L, seats three people and comes with 34 jets, a 5.5kW titanium heater and a 5-inch multi-color LED spa light.
  • Cal Spas Escape collection The Escape series comes with adjustable controls to personalize each soak. Escape Plus Spas provide a three-pump system with hydromassage technology. The Pacifica EC-739L offers room for six people and has 39 jets. The Tropical EC-739B comes with waterfalls and a perimeter LED lighting package.
  • Cal Spas Platinum collection Cal Spas' Platinum series includes U-Select jet options. The U-Select jet provides hydrotherapy massages for the feet, shins, shoulders, back and neck. One popular Platinum series model, the Huntington PL-772L, seats six people, comes with 72 jets and includes a 20-foot cascade LED waterfall. Other hot tubs in the series have up to 93 jets.

Cal Spa prices

To find out the cost of a Cal Spas hot tub model, request a quote online. Certified Cal Spas dealers near you follow up with more information about the pricing and availability of the spas that interest you.

Most reviews state that Cal Spas are reasonably priced. Costs for entry-level hot tubs cap at around $7,000, and luxury models start at $13,000.

Cal Spas also accepts trade-ins — fill out its online form with information on the series, model and age of your spa to get a competitive, no-obligation trade-in estimate.

Cal Spa accessories

Customers can find a variety of hot tub extras and decor options available with the Cal Metro product line, including hot tub steps, benches, privacy screens, bars and barstools. Cal Spas' covers keep debris out of your hot tub and help it run more efficiently. You can also purchase pillows, headrests, filters and replacement parts. Replacement filters are available online for each hot tub model.

Cal Spas warranty

Depending on the series and model, each Cal Spas hot tub includes:

• A five- or 10-year shell structure warranty
  • A two- or seven-year shell finish warranty
  • A two- or five-year parts warranty
  • A two- or five-year labor warranty
  • A one- or five-year cabinet warranty

The owners' manual provides more detailed information on the warranty you have based on the model you bought. Make sure you understand the warranty included with your hot tub before purchasing it.

Cal Spas FAQ

Where is the Cal Spas factory?

The Cal Spas factory is in Pomona, California.

What is the Cal Spas app?

The Cal Spas app is a tool used by dealers to showcase updated listings and manuals. It also offers helpful troubleshooting guides to help Cal Spas hot tub owners.

How do you reset a Cal Spa?

If your spa is under warranty, you must have all services performed by a spa service tech or risk voiding your warranty. If you’re having a repair issue with your spa, it’s best to call a spa dealer to schedule service.

How much does a Cal Spa cost?

Cal Spas’ prices depend on the model you choose and the features you want. You can request a free quote online to have a certified local dealer contact you directly with pricing and availability.

Are Cal Spas any good?

Cal Spas constructs its hot tubs for strength and durability. Its spas have several features, including:

• U-Select Hydrotherapy system: This system allows you to select different combinations of jets from ten configurations. The U-Select Hydrotherapy system allows users to target specific muscles and choose different pressure intensities.
  • Adjustable Therapy system: This system offers targeted muscle relief therapy. Seats are constructed to conform to your shape, and the jets are placed along specific lines of the body. Nine different jet pressure levels are available. A motor and control panel allow users to personalize each massage system.
  • Aquatic Air Therapy: Aquatic Air Therapy Jets offer an optimal massage therapy experience for aching muscles and joints. The Flex Jet offers a gentle but firm stream for delicate areas of the body, including the hands, wrists or knees. The Duo Jet is for larger parts of the body, such as the back or shoulders. The Precision Jet uses a combination of air and water to target problem areas.
  • Pro Trainer: The Pro Trainer allows swimmers to adjust all of the jets at once. There are six different speeds of swim currents that offer everything from low-resistance aquatic workouts to more intense training. The Smart Control module has a Swim Pro Workout button that lets swimmers choose from different types of training.
  • Fountain of Youth: This patented hydrotherapy uses micro-bubbles, which increase oxygen levels in the water to energize your skin and increase collagen production. The system also kills bacteria and promotes healing.

Are Cal Spas hot tubs worth it?

Yes, Cal Spas are worth a closer look if you are considering a new hot tub. The company offers a variety of customizable products, including hot tubs and swim spas. However, pricing isn't readily available without a quote from a local Cal Spa dealer, which can slow down your decision-making process. Still, local customer service representatives can help you select the perfect model for your budget.

Cal Spas Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cal Spas?
Staff

Reviewed Sept. 19, 2023

The numbers with Cal Spas worked, we liked what we saw at the fair, and we bought the tub. Our experience was really hassle-free. They came, asked me a bunch of questions, how I wanted it, and answered all my questions. The people who moved the hot tub were great. We got the 8-foot one with two recliners. We had a couple of questions and we called the Cal Spas 1-800 number and they answered the questions that we had.

I'm a trucker and I work 13-hour days and if I don't get in that damn hot tub on the weekend, I feel it the next weekend. So, it has definitely been a plus. My wife and I both use it. I wish I would have bought it sooner. My sciatic nerve thanks the Cal Spas, too. I love the product. It's expensive but I'm happy that I get to afford it. It's really a luxury item, not to mention the other little things that need to go in before you get the tub, which is quite an expenditure. I wish it could be cheaper but I don't feel ripped off.

Thanks for your vote! Report

Get buying tips about Hot Tubs delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

PriceStaff

Reviewed Aug. 25, 2023

My wife wanted a swim spa, and we bought it for her. The guy we dealt with was great, and he gave us a good deal on it. As a matter of fact, we were at the Pomona Fair when we purchased it. I wasn't there to buy a spa, but it worked out well. The guy was an all around a nice person, and he was worth dealing with. I had to move the swim spa 'cause there was a bit of a problem with the concrete underneath, and I had to redo the concrete to make it level. All in all though, it was great. I was able to get ahold of Cal Spas. It was a little expensive, but I managed to get it done. I would recommend Cal Spas to a friend. It's decent, and my wife likes the swim spa. We've always had real in-ground swimming pools, so having a spa like this is a first for us. It's not bad, and it suits its purpose. It's for my wife to get some exercise, and that's what she's doing in it.

Cal Spas
    Response from Cal Spas

Hi Mark,

Thank you for the 5 Star Review and for sharing your experience. We are happy to hear that you and your family are enjoying your new swim spa.

Installation & SetupPunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Aug. 16, 2023

We went to the fair to buy a Cal Spas tub and their reps were extremely helpful. We explained the situation and exactly what we were going to use it for. They gave us a few different options and they didn't try to upsell us anything crazy. And they got us the best thing that fit for what we needed. We purchased the 739LX because we had a specific size requirement and this was the one that fit within our dimensions. We were looking for it for medical purposes as well. Also, the other ones of this size were shorter to the ground where this one is raised up. Aside from that, this one had what they consider therapy jets in place of standard jets. So the jets are a little bit stronger, even though there aren't as many as some of the shorter models. They're more specifically located for medical purposes than just for a fun health accessory.

The delivery was great, too. The guys were on time and they kept in contact with us the entire time with any delays. The two gentlemen who delivered our tub also went over everything with us, and made the adjustments for the movements that we wanted for it to be in the right spot. For the installation, it's fairly plug-and-play but I haven't finished installing it.

Cal Spas
    Response from Cal Spas

Hi Melissa,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during the Fair. We are happy to hear that the spa fits your medical needs.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed July 24, 2023

The sales rep was really great about everything, but I found the manager at Cal Spas to be dishonest and too pushy. The guy that was helping us to buy the spa was very nice. He was very calm and informative, but when the manager got involved, I felt rushed. He was just making me hurry up and pick one, and he was picking out things I didn't want. I didn't even want to be talked to by him anymore, but I didn't wanna be rude and say it, so I let him. I felt that because of that, I made the wrong purchase. Also, I was told I was gonna get the handles for the lid that goes on the tub so that would be easy to lift. It was gonna be included with my purchase along with the stairs. The stairs came, but the pieces to make the lid for easy lifting was not there.

Another thing is, the jets are not strong. When I'm sitting in the tub, I know that there are some jets on, but I think it's gonna give me a nice massage and it's not. That was misleading, since I have this big purchase and it's not even what I thought it was. Besides that, the installers were absolutely amazing. They were very patient. Because the space that I had, the person that had put down the pavers had not done it correctly, and I let them know ahead of time, but the guy was not listening to me. When they got there, they explained it to him and they offered to come back at a later time to be able to set the tub up. They were really helpful, and I give them a 10.

Cal Spas
    Response from Cal Spas

Hello Renita,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and for the review. I apologize for the experience you had during your purchase. I was able to review your sales contract and do not see that a cover lift was purchased. I would like to extend a discount to you if you are interested in purchasing one. Please contact me at the email address or phone # below.

Tiffany Chacon
    Customer Service Manager
    Email: tchacon@calspas.com

#800-225-7727 Ext 133

Reviewed July 16, 2023

Everybody else just had hot tubs and I was looking for a swim pool. Cal Spas had it on display and made the right deal, and we closed it. It was a very good experience. Because of the size of the swim pool, the installers required a crane. They weren't very informative on all of the requirements needed, especially when it came to connecting the electrical to the spa. The salesman just wanna make the sale. So, getting it here and getting it in and getting it wired was way more complicated than it should have been. But we made it happen. I love the swim spa. It’s excellent. Cal Spas is a good company. They're reputable so I'd feel comfortable buying from them again.

Cal Spas
    Response from Cal Spas

Hi Newell,

Thank you for providing your feedback and for the great review. We are glad to hear that you are enjoying your new Swim Spa. I apologize for the lack of information provided for the electrical set up, we do have a technical support line available should you have any questions regarding your spa.

# 800-225-7727 Ext. 777

Tiffany Chacon

Customer Service Manager

Installation & SetupPunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Sept. 16, 2023

We bought the spa at a county fair exhibition and so far, everything is fine. A delivery company did the installation and they were very prompt, neat and clean. They set it up as much as they could for what they were doing. We still need to get it programmed and it's supposed to be able to be done on my own. But I haven't been able to. So, I need to work with Cal Spas. I just haven't had the time to reach out to them to do that. But they've been very helpful.

Cal Spas
    Response from Cal Spas

Hello Rhonda,

Thank you for the 5 Star Review. We have technicians available that would be more than happy to walk you through the set up and general functions of your new spa. Please call #800-225-7727 Ext. 777 when you're ready.

thanks again for taking the time to provide your feedback.

Installation & SetupPriceStaff

Reviewed Sept. 16, 2023

Cal Spas was helpful. They were straightforward when it came to buying the spa. There's no financing. You have to pay it upfront. When we saw the prices here in LA compared to the prices over at the fair, there was much of a difference. The person that helped me out was friendly and very patient with us. It took about an hour for us to decide on which hot tub to get. He mentioned to get the bigger size because we're a lot of people in it. The installation took about 45 minutes. They brought it all the way inside the property, laid it down, and we just had to connect it ourselves. They said they don't provide instructions on how to connect. But we love our hot tub. It's big. The jets work very well.

Cal Spas
    Response from Cal Spas

Hello Fernando,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your Feedback and for the 5 Stars. Glad to hear the purchase went smooth and you were able to get the right hot tub to fit your families needs.

Reviewed Aug. 26, 2023

We got a a seven-seater spa from Cal Spas. It's blue, and it's got the digital control. We also got a topper to it. I like that I can individually change the jets. In the beginning, we would get in and I would adjust the jets. The first three times I got out, I had these little cuts on my fingers. It's happened to all of us. My husband, myself, my child - we've all done it. We've had to touch the cover that turns them up and down in a certain way. You can't just grab it and turn it because you somehow can reach those blades in there which is dangerous.

Cal Spas
    Response from Cal Spas

Hi Carolina,

Thank you for the review and for your feedback. Please contact us directly and we can see how we can remedy the jet situation, we do have a technician that can go out to evaluate if needed. #800-225-7727 Ext. 772

Staff

Reviewed Aug. 25, 2023

Cal Spas' rep was straight with me. I had a good experience. When I measured the side of my house, the measurements were perfect just like they asked me to, but what I didn't notice was the gas meter was in the way. So, we had to reschedule and get a crane company to get the spa over. Other than that, Cal Spas worked with me. They were good. I love the spa.

Cal Spas
    Response from Cal Spas

Hi Lissette,

Thank you for the 5 Star Review and for sharing your experience. I am sorry to hear that the delivery didn't go as planned but ended up working out. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying your new Cal Spa.

Customer ServicePricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Aug. 11, 2023

I was in Pomona Fair. My daughter doesn't like cold water. She wanted a spa. I got Cal Spas and it was more like a thermal pool. It was just a little bit hot. Cal Spas was number one in that. I had a huge trouble getting with the guys for the electricity thing. They came late. They came two hours for four to five days. They always found something like tape or made me buy expensive cable for I don't know what. It was a huge thing. They didn't complete the work even though I paid them. I had to contract other people to try to finish the work. It was a huge mess. My brother also bought a spa from Cal Spas and had the same exact problem. If they could get the person who buys a spa to get the electricity guy, that would be nice because it was a lot of trouble. They take forever and they didn't do things right. Those guys can mess up the spa. It was not nice and I was really upset.

The spa came out a little bit late too but that was all right. It was like just one week late. It was not a huge thing for me. Cal Spas should tell the people where to put right the connection system. I made my own floor and I contracted somebody to do that. They did it right. It was just the measurement was little bit of a little problem for me. They plugged everything okay. It was not a big deal.

The spa working right. Just I have a little bit of trouble with the buttons. I don't know necessarily how they work. I had to read the manual. But it was hard because nobody came and said, "Oh, you have to do like this or like that." I was like in a little bit of trouble. I had to figure out through YouTube, which I did. I have an arc of water and it's not working that much right now. One is working and the other one is low. I don't like that but I don't know how to fix it. I will just figure it out on my own.

That aside, I like the spa a lot. My problem is that I didn't get the person to put it in the right way. Now, I don't know if my spa is wrong because of that or if my spa came wrong. But now that I fixed it, it gets super hot like I want it to be. It has a lot of seats in the whole thing. I have a big family and when I have parties, we can all sit in the spa. Maybe 102 people can sit in it. That's really nice. But the cleaning is a bit of a trouble for me. And I had to figure it all out on internet how to clean it. it would be nice if Cal Spas brings a little class. On the whole, I love the spa but I was really disappointed.

Cal Spas
    Response from Cal Spas

Hi Marjourie,

Thank you for sharing your experience and for the review. If there is something we can assist you with please feel free to reach out we would be happy to assist. # 800-225-7727 Ext 772.

Cal Spas Company Information