toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Cal Spas

Hello Danielle! We're so happy that you enjoy your spa! Have a safe and happy New Year!

Original review: May 26, 2015

A friend referred me to Cal Spas. I’ve gone over their house and used their tub a few times and we always liked it. We had to get one of our own and ended up purchasing the Patio Spa last 2013. The product had no issues. Delivery crew was great. They answered all our questions and install went smoothly. We didn’t have it sunk in a deck so we were able to put it on the patio which is easy access and it went pretty good, then we got to have our training session with the dealer after the install was complete. It's a great way to get the family and friends together. Everyone loves sitting in the hot tub. We always have family and friends over and barbecue outside a lot more often because of it. We're very happy we bought the Cal Spa. Overall a great experience, helpful, friendly staff, and the local dealer.

Cal Spas

Hi Adam. We are so very sorry your experience so far has been hit or miss. We work hard to satisfy our customers and give them an amazing home resort experience like no other. Please know that you have our support and best wishes. We know you will enjoy your spa for years to come.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2017

Having Cal Spas gives a nice place to connect on a regular basis and have some conversation that we may not otherwise slow down enough to engage in. It's also very relaxing. There are two Cal Spas team in our area and I’ve called them a few times and they've been decent but it’s a hit or a miss. It depends on who I talk to and it’s like if I reach the right groups of people, some of them are very helpful, knowledgeable, and they follow up nicely and stay on top of things. But others, not so much. The installation was great and was set up quickly. They were nice, friendly and very competent and capable. We also got one of those ChlorMakers which was sold to us as an add-on. One of our sons has a skin condition and that's one reason why we wanted to get a salt-based hot tub but we're not real impressed with ChlorMakers so far. It's been a hiccup for the experience.

Cal Spas

Hello Stephen! We are so sorry that this happened. We work to make sure every customer has a pleasant experience. Thank you for your feedback. We look forward to resolving your issues.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

We've been told that Cal-Spas is a good company and that the model hot tub we chose is top of the line. That being said, we've had the hot tub for less than 1 year and already have replaced the heating unit, both jet pumps (separate occurrences), had a leak occur at the jets and now are being told the circulating pump for the hot/heated water needs replacing. Between waiting for service and the parts, it's been out of commission for more time than it was usable. Needless to say, we are extremely dissatisfied with the product and wouldn't recommend this company.

Cal Spas

Hi Don! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying the amazing quality that only a Cal Spas hot tub can provide! Please make sure you take time this week and weekend to have a special spa session to relax and unwind!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

I knew about Cal Spas over the years and I liked their price. My experience with their sales rep and the quality of their product that I got were both fine.

Cal Spas

Hello Bruce! We are very sorry you haven’t had the best experience. At Cal Spas, we strive to make sure everyone enjoys their home resort experience. We will work harder to make sure customers like you are completely happy. Please enjoy your spa for many years to come and enjoy living the Cal Spas lifestyle.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

Cal Spas make quality products and they're satisfactory. I had looked at some other hot tubs and I liked the Cal Spas line. They are decent. One can get them with a lot of bells and whistles but mine's basic and that's all I wanted. I got my first tub in 1999 and the only bad experience I've had with it was I replaced the pump twice on it. The second time that I had to replace the pump, the tech had to come back and redo it because they put rebuilt pumps in. He had to do a little bit of re-rigging to get the pump to fit right in. They just rewired the old one and rewind the bushings, etc and it still was louder than a new pump and I didn't like that. If I would have known, I would have put in a new pump which would have been a bit quieter. Since the old tub was sixteen years old I just replaced it so I got the new one.

When I bought the new tub, their guy said it was exactly the same size as my old tub so the new one should have just fit right where the old one was built in without any problems. But it wasn't the case. It was a tad larger than the old one so what he said wasn't true. Also, the new hot tub package came with a new insulated cover. I said I didn't need it since I already have one from the old tub but the rep said he'll give me a couple of hundred dollars off. I've replaced the cover on the old one twice so I knew they run $400 to $500. If I would have realized that I would have said, "Deliver me the new cover and I'll put it in storage until I need it." But they offered to come out and show me how to set up the tub for free. There were a little more electronics on the new one and it's all digital. They gotta program it and their rep did that for me. I got the the start-up chemical stuff but I spent another few hundred dollars getting some other chemicals and another filter.

If I ever have to replace a pump, I wish they'd have the original equipment so I could do it myself. If they sold me a new pump and it just fit right in there and all I had to do was plumb it up, it wouldn't be a big problem. Replacing a pump's not that big of a deal. But they don't do that. They sell refurbed pumps and I'm a little disappointed in that. But the new one which I run year-round should go seven years or better before I have to think about a pump.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cal Spas?

Cal Spas

Hi Craig! That's great to hear! We love knowing you enjoy your spa! Be sure to have a blast with it every chance you get! Enjoy the Cal Spas lifestyle!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

I've had my hot tub from Cal Spas since this fall. It was mostly the price that made me went with them. It was very good with the sales rep, too. We put water in the tub and it's been heating all winter. It used very little chlorine at first. It's at a lake home, so we don't go out there very often, but I try and check on it once a week and so far, it's been very good.

Cal Spas

Hi Colista! We love being able to help you enjoy your spa! You'll love enjoying your spa for years to come! Have a great week!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

I had a spa from Cal Spas for 12 years until we moved and about 4 months ago, I bought another one. It's smaller and only enough for 6 to 8 people. It’s so great and so relaxing. We really like it a lot and so do my grand kids. Their sales team was very nice, too. Any time I need any help, I can always call them and they tell me how to do what I need to do.

Cal Spas

Hi Fred! We are so happy that you enjoy your spa! Please keep living the Cal Spas lifestyle every chance you get!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

I bought the Cal Spas hot tub about 4 months ago. I shopped around and went to a couple of other spa shops but Cal Spas had a couple of good sales and they matched the price that they had over at the spa show in Pomona so I went with them. The lady at the store was very, very nice. The installation was also good even though I had to have them come back because they didn't put the door back on properly. As soon as I called them, they were quick, thorough, and actually helped me set it up so it was great. The tub is a six-person multi-jet spa with surround sound stereo system built in. Since its installation, I enjoy and use it daily, if not a couple of times daily. I’m dealing with a knee issue and it relieves a lot of the pressure on my knee. It's great for relaxing. So, I need it and I'm glad I got it. Cal Spas is a very good, solid-made spa and the stereo system in it is amazing.

Cal Spas

Hi Janet! We are so happy that you enjoy your spa! We know that it will help you feel relaxed for years to come! Enjoy!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

I used to go and buy my swimming supplies from Cal Spas. I bought a hot tub from them that is like a spa where five people can fit into it. My grandkids love it. I have arthritis in my knee so it’s a little bit hard for me to get in and out of it. But once I do get in, it feels so good on my back and knee. It is very soothing and therapeutic. The workers are very good, nice and helpful. There was a SWAT that was broken and the gentleman said that he could have it out in a week. He went ahead and put the broken one because he didn't want it to look bad but then they had the new one out in about eight days. I really enjoy the tub and I’ll recommend them.

Cal Spas

Hi Eva! We are so happy that you enjoyed your spa purchase and also love your Cal Spas hot tub! We know it will give you comfort and enjoyment for many years to come! Thank you for being a great customer! Have a great weekend!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

We found Cal Spas by accident. We went to a little hole-in-the wall place but we were looking for something a little bigger and they were very rude. But with Cal Spas, we liked the personnel and environment right away. They explained everything and had a few things to choose from. I bought a six-seater spa and we're happy with it. The installation team were really professional and fast. They cleaned up their mess, answered my questions, and gave me rundown on what chemicals to put in. Everything was satisfactory to me, from the installation to the sales to the store itself. I would definitely recommend them and if we need anything, we’ll go back there.

Cal Spas

Hi Susan! Thank you for the glowing review! We know that your Swim Spa will help keep you healthy and fit for years to come! Enjoy your home resort experience!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

I have only good things to say about the Cal Spa Freestyle F1437 swim spa. I use the relaxing jets before and after my daily swim. They provide quite a deep, powerful massage and hit all of the sore spots-- even feet and legs! The four-speed swim system is perfect for gradually warming up from a slow-paced swim to one that would challenge an athlete. In just one week I am feeling so much more fit and my posture is much better, due to building strength in my core muscles. I was fortunate to have a knowledgeable contractor to supervise the installation from pouring the concrete slab to directing the crane around the side of my house. Both the local sales rep Frank in Ft. Lauderdale and the sales manager Robert in CA were extremely helpful and responsive to all of my concerns.

Cal Spas

Hello Robert! Thank you so much for your review! We love being able to help customers like you enjoy a home resort experience! We know your Cal Spas will give you comfort for many years! Have a great week!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

Cal Spas has been around for a long time and although we've heard about other ones, we would rather stick with somebody who has been around long. We purchased from their showroom in Hesperia, and the installation was very good, with very short waiting period. The guys that came and installed it were great and the electrician was also very good. We now use it a lot and we hope to use it for many years.

Cal Spas

Hi Ralph! We are so glad that you have been enjoying your spa! We want you to know that customers like you are the reason that we make the best spas in the world! We know you will enjoy it for many more years to come! Have a terrific week!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

We're happy with our spa from Cal Spas. It is suiting our needs right now. I'm also happy with my experience with Greg who was the one who sold the spa to me. I had a couple of troubleshooting issues on the unit itself after the purchase, but Greg has been very helpful and patient in walking me through it and in teaching me how to apply the chemicals and everything. His assistant, Rachel, has also been very helpful. I definitely would recommend Greg and his team and Cal Spas. Having my spa has been a relaxing experience. I'm in the backyard and in the water a lot more now. I'd do it all over again and I would also recommend the spa to somebody who is not fully into the pool experience but just wants to relax. The spa is the way they should go.

Cal Spas

Hi Kathy! We are very happy that you are enjoying your hot tub! We know you will be able to relax in it for years to come! Have an amazing week!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

Everything was good with Cal Spas including their prices. They also came over to set up our hot tub and got it all done. That was convenient which is what I liked the most about our experience. Having our hot tub is very enjoyable and relaxing.

Cal Spas

Hi Leticia! We love how much you enjoy your Cal Spas hot tub. We know you are going to enjoy it for many years to come. Thanks for being a great customer!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

We have a six-person jacuzzi spa from Cal Spas. The installation was good and the installers were very professional but when I would call to get an estimation as to how soon before they delivered it, because I wanted to make sure to take the day off of work when they came in, no one would ever return my call. I had dealt with a gentleman who was better at returning calls. But, unfortunately, during the time that I was waiting for the installation, he was working the house fair so he was not available. We're enjoying the hot tub but the jets periodically turn off. It shouldn't be doing that as I don't have them on a timer and I have to turn them back on. I thought that maybe it has something to do with the programming but I’ve already followed all the instructions. Maybe I need an expert person other than myself. The tub is very nice and I’m glad that I was able to get it so close to home. I would recommend them.

Cal Spas

Hi Duane! We are so happy that you enjoy your spa! We know that it will give you unrivaled comfort and relaxation for years to come! Have a great week!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2017

We looked at a couple of different companies but we went with Cal Spas for the price and the warranty. The tub is very relaxing and has helped with my sore muscles and aching joints. The tub has Bluetooth speakers, LED lights, a lounger, a half-moon bench seat, and jets. It's excellent with the exception of some jets we were having some issues with. We're supposed to have some new jets coming in to replace them.

Hello Scott,

We are so sorry that you've had a negative experience. Receiving paint in a used Powerade bottle is unacceptable. Please standby for a call from our Customer Care department so we can see how we can best assist you. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

We like the spa, but we hate the gazebo. It’s cheap and made out of the most horrible material. We didn’t think it looked that cheap in the showroom. The guys who put it together did a horrible job and didn’t want to touch up paint when they messed it up. I was just handed some paint in somebody’s used Powerade bottle and I wasn’t too happy with that. I had to hire a handyman to make repairs to the gazebo and make it safe. It was just ready to fall apart or would’ve blown apart in the first wind. I also had my handyman install the snap covers for the lid because the guys who were supposed to install them said they can't do it because of liability. But it seems to me it’d be more of a liability not to have those on to keep the kids out.

Cal Spas

Hi Wayne! We are so happy that you've been enjoying your spa! We hope it helps you to continue to relax into the New Year! Enjoy yourself! You deserve it!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

It’s only been a few months that I've used the Cal Spas tub but I absolutely like it. It was a very simple and painless installation. The installers just had to maneuver the tub around the back of the house and get it on the patio, and it was a basic plug-and-play scenario. So far, it’s been all good. I was a hot tub fan from many years ago. In fact, I had one in Colorado but it wasn’t a Cal Spas but when I relocated out here, I realized that a hot tub was a necessity in my world because of what I do for a living. I have a very physical and active situation so it gives me that hour in the evening of relaxing and just being able to unwind. Overall, I was very satisfied with the whole process and I’ve been real happy with the product.

Hello Gary,

We love how much you are enjoying your spa. Keep having fun with it for the rest of the year! We're sure you'll have a blast!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2016

I bought a hot tub 20 years ago and I didn’t have a very good experience with that one. I like my Cal Spas better. My Cal Spas hot tub took a little longer to get delivered than I expected. But I understand that because it was during a huge sale that they had. The installation went fine, they came when they said they were going to come and they took my old tub away and put the new one in. It’s something for the family to enjoy together, so that’s a positive.

Cal Spas

Hello Chuck. We are so sorry that you had this negative experience. Please let us help you. Standby for a call from our Customer Care Team to help resolve this matter. Thank you for your patience.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2016

Purchased a Cal Spas PL880 from Ricks/Spa Max in Corona Ca in Nov-2016. We paid over $10k for the spa and told it was a 2016 floor model top of the line. Sales rep sold us on the galvanized steel frame (vs wood frame that can get water rot) and all the features of the Platinum series from Cal Spas. "This was Cal Spas best hot tub." He offered a discount if we purchased their showroom floor model. He assured us it was never used – brand new.

Well 30 days later they delivered it and to our surprise it was not a "steel framed unit". It was made out of 2x4s stapled together. Come to find out it was nearly 2 years old and the sales person said the manufacturer changed the serial number plate and tried to push it as new and he didn't know!! The spa evidently had been at several home shows and county fairs of the last 2 years. Well he offered to replace it with a new 2016 steel framed unit that was built 10/2105 (2016 model). Only difference was the color is Desert Horizon instead of the White shell we had.

Well today 12/26 they delivered the new 2016 spa. The spa was so scratched and had stress fractures all over the outer lip. The edges were so worn and the cabinet we scratched everywhere. Mossy yellow water was spewing from the jets. The spa had been thru a war zone. I told them to take them both back and refund my money. I took photos of everything. Can't believe a manufacturer as large as Cal Spas would deliberately change the ID plates and serial numbers to try and get rid of a used and refurbished spa. This is actually an illegal act and we will probably be taking the experience a bit further. Still waiting to see when the company will give us our $5200 deposit back?!!

Cal Spas

Hi Patricia! We love how much you are enjoying your spa! Keep on relaxing in your spa and let it wash away your stress! We know that it will help make 2017 easier!

Original review: Dec. 25, 2016

We like the round hot tub we bought from Cal Spas. I feel more relaxed since we have it and it has improved our outdoor living space. Their installation crew was great, as well as everybody else in their team. I would recommend them to a friend.

Cal Spas

Hello Debbie. We are so sorry that you've had a bad experience with your spa. Please contact us so we can assist you further. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2016

We’ve had two previous spas from Cal Spas. What I was looking forward to when we decided to get another one is that we had natural gas that time. We've sold the house with the pool heaters we got from them in '92. We moved here, down the desert, so we’ve had another heater down here. They were available then and we were over the top happy with it. We found a guy who works on the spas and does maintenance stuff that we couldn’t do particularly, and he was very helpful.

When we were gone traveling, the spa had a leak. It freezes here, and he said he's gonna fix it. The heater is probably 10 years old and he said it needs to be replaced. I told him he needs to find it a home, which he did and I was thankful for that. But then we hadn’t had one for a long while. He got one but there was no gas. I was really upset ‘cause I don’t particularly care that it’s electric.

I got back and the bill was so over the top expensive because of it. The heater was going on every half hour or 40 minutes. They sent somebody out, checked everything, and he says it’s fine. Our bill was close to $200 and that never really got resolved. I could have called Cal Spas and put this thing away. However, the remedy from Secard Pools was to change it from Standard mode to Economy because we don’t use it that often. We can just pop it and heat it up when we need to, and I agreed with that. It's a bold-faced lie when the label "Cal Spas" is on the product but nobody from Cal Spas has an answer of why it’s doing a certain thing. I was very happy with their product previously, but with the recent one, not so much.

Cal Spas

Hi Dharminder. Please accept our full apology. At Cal Spas, we care about our customers and hope they are satisfied with our spas. We are dedicated to building the best quality luxury spas in the world so our customers can enjoy unrivaled relaxation, comfort, enjoyment, and a home resort experience like no other. Please speak with your dealer and see if they may be able to assist you with some of the issues you have experienced. We hope you have a safe and happy New Year.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2016

My neighbor bought a hot tub from Cal Spas five months ago and told me about it. Then I bought the 14 or 15 feet long tub that's got a couple of jets, a three seater on one side, nothing in the middle and one big jet on the other side. Their customer service was really good but I would not recommend them because I'm not happy with the product. After spending so much money and paying cash for it, I did not get what I ordered. There are supposed to be six small LEDs all around the tub that I wanted. However, before I got the tub, they called me to say that they don't make those LEDs anymore for whatever reason. I told them was fine with it as long as I still have the two at the bottom. But when it was delivered, the two LEDs at the bottom were also missing. I thought it was not a big deal. But one evening, when I turned on the tub, it just wasn't enough.

And on one side of the tub that has a big jet, the panels are kind of deforming, bending, twisting and were not where they were before. So I went back to the store and they told me that they're going to send somebody down. When somebody came by, he said I needed to run the tub 800 times a day and other stuff about it but nothing's been done about the lights or the panels. After that, I have not had a chance to go to their store. However, if they wanted to take care of something, they'll be down right away or at least say that they'll take care of it in six months or a year. Also, it doesn't take much to take side panels off, drill a hole and put a light in it. But Cal Spas didn't lead me anywhere and I just gave up after that.

I've also seen a couple of panels off of my tub. When the technician was trying to hook up the tub, I had hired an electrician to wire up the thing. And when he took a panel or two apart and I saw what's behind, to me, cheap stuff was used in it and I'm not impressed at all. A lot of the screws go through the outside panels but when they go in, they're not even into the beam. They're just sitting there. It also seemed like they were trying to fill up holes.

Cal Spas

Hi Lindun! We love having customers like you! Please enjoy your spa and have a safe and happy New Year!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

We have a room off the house built specifically for a hot tub, and we've had Cal Spas as our spa and hot tub provider for about 14 years now. I bought a hot tub from before then got a second one from them. Every time I go into the store for chemicals and other items, they're good and very polite.

Cal Spas

Hi Jeff! We're so happy that you enjoy your spa! I'm sure you'll love it even more now that the winter weather is here! Have a safe and Happy New Year!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2016

We got a hot tub from Cal Spas and it's fine. Years ago, we had one from another manufacturer, and their products are pretty close. We went with Cal Spas this time because the saleslady was great. She was very knowledgeable, took care of every need, and answered all the questions I had. We got a Plug & Play. It's a 110 plug-in and doesn't have to be hardwired. It has about 35 jets. Everything was fine, except for a couple of issues with the delivery. They strapped the spa on incorrectly and the foam that's in the cover had about four smash marks on it, and they told me there's nothing they can do about it. It was the delivery people who were at fault, though, and not Cal Spas. It's been great to relax a little more with our Cal Spas hot tub.

Cal Spas

Hi Gene! We love hearing how much you enjoy your spa! Thank you for being an amazing person! Please enjoy your spa and have a safe and Happy New Year!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2016

Secard Pools & Spas recommended Cal Spas. When we went in and looked, we did see the spa and we liked its style. We also liked the functionality of it so we got it. It’s awesome and it’s one of the best decisions I ever made. It fits four people comfortably and it's got jets. It has brought us together closer as a family. The installation process also went very well. We had professionals come out and it was installed in no time at all. It’s been working fine and we haven’t had any problems out of it. It's been a great and wonderful experience.

Cal Spas

Hi Rene! We are so happy that you are enjoying your spa! We're very glad that the installation process was quick! Please let us know if you need anything and we'll be happy to help you! Enjoy your spa!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

Cal Spas have better price and seemed more energy-efficient than other spa and hot tub providers. The installation team was good and professional. They seemed to be having a good time at work, but not obnoxious. They were joking around with each other. They got the tub in super quick. The spa did raise the electricity rate, obviously, like they all do. But it has positively impacted my life and I have no complaints. I enjoy it on a weekly basis, and we're doing good with it.

Cal Spas

Hi Octavio! We're so glad you've been enjoying your spa! Be sure to enjoy it during the cold weather too! Have a great holiday season!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2016

We've had the Cal Spa bathtub for 2 years now and I'm happy with it. My wife likes it, too. The features are real good and it still works well, especially the heater and the well-made lights. The water and power are not putting an addition in the bill so it mostly works really well for us. The price was even right. The people who did the job were very professional, good, and did a very clean job. They picked up everything, didn't leave any mess behind, and didn't do any mess. Everything was done right. I would recommend it because it's real economical and have recommended it to my sister and she has already purchased one.

Cal Spas

Hi Melinda! We're so happy that you enjoy your spa! Please let us know if we can be of any help! Have a great holiday season!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2016

When we talked to the people at the store where we bought the swim spa, they told us to get a particular voltage setup in preparation for our spa. So, we did that. We had an electrician come out and then when we got the spa, it said that we needed a different amperage on the spa. We didn't get the manual for the spa until the day that it was delivered or else I guess, we could've figured that out for ourselves. But we just took them at their word. Our installation, on the other hand, went great. The people were helpful. They came when they said they were going to come. It went smoothly. We loved our spa. It made our summer, fun.

Hi Douglas!

We're so happy that you enjoy your spa! Exercising in a Swim Spa is one of the best ways to get in shape! We know that your spa will bring you happiness for years to come! Have a great holiday season!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2016

I really liked the salesman from Cal Spas so I gave him a call back and decided to get a swim spa. The installation went very well. I exchanged some text messages with their customer service team and they got back to me promptly. We're in our swim spa five days a week. The swimming spa allows me to exercise. I got bad feet and so I can't walk or run so I'm able to take advantage of the spa from that perspective.

The one thing I didn't like was I had to get outside vendors to complete the project. I had to hire an electrician to assist with installation, a crane operator to help deliver the product, and someone that took care of the decking. I think that it would have been nice if those option would have been available to me if I wanted to do them. But I was given a list of people that I could reach out to and that was really uncomfortable because I had to coordinate with other people to make sure the job gets done.

It wasn't under one roof. So, things could have gone wrong on a day and it would have been a very difficult situation. Things went right because the electrician that I hired showed up, the crane operator showed up. But had something like that not happened, then it could have been bad. But that was the only negative part of the experience. I have a beautiful deck built around it, a composite deck and I also have an Alumawood cover built over the swim spa, and it looks just amazing. It really turned out nice.

Cal Spas Company Profile