4.3(872)

About Cal Spas

With over 35 years of experience, Cal Spas is a provider of luxury spas and accessories. We pride ourselves in being a top Global Manufacturer of Home Resort Products.

Innovation and technological advancements are top priorities when crafting Cal Spas products. Built with more standard features and designer appeal, our products are a great addition to any outdoor space.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Customizable jet configurations
  • Warranty on all models
  • Hydrotherapy massage features
Cons
  • No instant trade-in quotes
  • Prices found through local dealers

Stars Rating

• 61%
  • 25%
  • 7%
  • 4%
  • 3%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cal Spas?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cal Spas?
    Installation & SetupPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed May 19, 2023

We bought a floor model the previous year. The rep at Cal Spas told us it needed to be on the floor until the new ones arrived. He told us they'd arrive around February or March time frame and they arrived as expected. The independent contractor who did the installation was fine. We love the tub. It's a solid quality. I recommend folks to give Cal Spas a shot.

Pinned

Thank you so much for the 5 Star Review! We appreciate your business and are happy to hear you are happy with your spa purchase.

Sincerely - The Cal Spas Team

Reviewed May 19, 2023

The woman at Cal Spas who waited on us was very helpful and we got all the information we needed from our visit there. We looked at the products and they had a product that was in the size and price category we were looking for and they seemed very willing to work with us. They gave us a pretty good deal so we went with them. Also, the service we got after the sale to make sure that we were happy with it was top-notch. When we had questions about the operation of the spa, they sent a technician out to go over all our issues with us and he really knew his business.

Pinned

Thank you for the 5 Star Review. We’re thrilled that you were satisfied with the service you received from your local Cal Spas Dealer. Your feedback is appreciated!

Sincerely - The Cal Spas Team

Reviewed May 19, 2023

I purchased Cal Spas in 1999. So, my latest purchase was because I liked the first one. I got a three-person 250-gallon spa. It does what I want it to do. It bubbles and it's hot. It has whirlpool. It has a water feature. It's kind of standard with everything.

Sincerely - Cal Spas Team

Customer ServicePricePunctuality & SpeedWarranty

Reviewed May 10, 2023

Cal Spas' pricing was more in our price affordability. We went in store and looked at the models and decided what we wanted. We bought two. Customer service was fine. We’re able to make a deal on two of them. They took a really long time. When we first ordered the spas, they told us three to four months. But it ended up being more like 9 or 10 months. This was during COVID and they were having issues getting parts. These are not from the manufacturer as the manufacturer is here. It was for some of the electronics and things. It was a struggle to get into inventory to do their job.

The spas are okay and we enjoy them but they are not my favorite. We've had a few issues with them. We have a swim spa and a regular spa. We put the cover on the swim spa. But all the metal parts start rusting and it looks bad. I made Cal Spas aware of it and they said that was not their fault. They were non-responsive. We now have to get in there and try to scrub the rust off. They don't offer anything. We've had a couple of the things that you adjust where the flow comes out of the jets in the regular spa blow-out. They did come and fix those under warranty so that part was good. But it was aggravating when it happens when it’s a brand-new spa.

Pinned

Thank you for the review! We apologize for the production delays on your product, Covid19 did take a toll on the supply chain in all industries. Your feedback is much appreciated. We're always looking to improve.

- Cal Spas Team

PricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed May 10, 2023

Cal Spas is a good spa to get into. It has the smoother finish inside so it doesn't build up the scale or the hard water as bad. And it fit our budget. In the beginning I had a problem with electrical and the manager was not helpful. We had our uncle who is an electrician do it because it cost a bit for Cal Spas to come out and do it. Other than that, the interior is good. Some of the adjustments on the jets stick a bit, like the air valves. We did the wood surround, and that faded quickly. We love the features, since we have some lower back pain and muscle aches.

Pinned

Thanks for the review! We are so glad you liked our product. Sorry to hear about the hiccups you have encountered down the way. Please contact our support team if needed. #800-225-7727 Ext. 772

- Cal Spas Team

Reviewed May 10, 2023

It took a while but the delivery of our spa went really smoothly. The quality is great and I really like the fact that we haven't had them come out for service. I only have good things to say about them.

Pinned

Thank you for the 5-star review! We're glad you love our product. We hope you continue to enjoy using it!"

Cal Spas Team

Reviewed April 13, 2023

I haven't had any issues with the spa. It's perfect and I'd tell others to buy one.

Pinned

Thank you for the 5 Star review! We are very happy to hear that you love your Cal Spa. - The Cal Spas Team

Reviewed April 12, 2023

The spa that I purchased from Cal Spas is a three-person 250-gallon spa. One of the main factors of why I purchased this spa was the guy that they had selling them. He was very knowledgeable and a good salesman. But I've had it for four years and I've already replaced the heating element and I have some issues with jets that are gonna need to be replaced.

Hello Josh,

Happy to hear that you had a friendly purchase experience with your local Cal Spas Dealer. Feel free to reach out to our Customer Service Department for ordering assistance when your ready to replace your jets. - Cal Spas

Reviewed March 25, 2023

We've ordered from them a handful of times. The only issue I had was one time, they were very adamant about pushing out the product as soon as it was in their inventory or as soon as it was finished with the production process. It was over Christmas and New Year's Eve and the freight charges to get it from California all the way to Tennessee were pretty high so I tried pushing it back another week but they were not budging.

Reviewed March 15, 2023

I utilize my Cal Spas at least once a week. Last year, the headrest started to bubble like the skin was bubbling off the cushion. Other than that, it's been fine. It's worked fine.

Hi Tim,

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you for being Cal Spas Customer.

Cal Spas Team

Reviewed March 14, 2023

I went to the warehouse of Cal Spas and liked what I saw. Their rep was excellent. I got a four-seater hot tub. It has the foot massage, jets in the back, lower back jets, and the upper body. It's all easy to turn the jets on and off. I like that the tub is relaxing, comfortable, good in the muscles, and the jets are powerful.

Hi Todd,

Thank you for the positive feedback and for sharing your experience. We appreciate you!

Cal Spa Team

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed March 1, 2023

The spa is comfortable, nice, and deep, which is what we like about it. The customer service is great. The reps told us what we need and what to do and all the information they gave us was good. Every time we go in there to get chemicals, they're really nice about everything.

Pinned

Thank you for the 5 Star review. We are very happy to hear that you love your Cal Spa. - The Cal Spas Team

Reviewed March 1, 2023

The techs put a new motor in and they were fine.

Reviewed Feb. 18, 2023

It's always been a really good experience with the reps at Cal Spas.

Installation & SetupStaff

Reviewed Feb. 9, 2023

We go out most evenings and hang out out there in our Cal Spas to relax. It's better than the old tub we had. When it was installed, the process was fine but it was done when it was cold out. So, we had some cover problems and it took a little more effort to get them to come out and fix those. But their reps have been knowledgeable and they were there to help when we needed them.

Pinned

Thank you for the 4 Star Rating. We are happy to hear you are enjoying your Cal Spa. - The Cal Spas Team

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Jan. 31, 2023

We have two cabins. We bought our first hot tub for our cabins, then we liked that. It was a good fit for our cabin rental. So when we built the second cabin, we tried to get the exact same one, which we thought we did. But apparently, the interface was different. The tub itself is fine. But we want them to be exactly the same. The components were different even though they were the same model. But their reps get back to us pretty quickly when we need something or if we have to call.

Pinned

Thank you for the 4 Stars. We are happy to hear that you have purchased 2 of our Hot Tubs. Enjoy them for many more years! Happy Hot Tubbing! - Cal Spas Team

Customer ServiceStaffWarranty

Reviewed Jan. 20, 2023

DO NOT PURCHASE! They sold their customer a lemon of a hot tub, so the client had reached out to my service company for repair which we completed (and the customer was happy). Upon completion of the repair, we billed Cal Spa for the warranty work performed to which they have not paid. After multiple emails and calls, they simply don't care enough to handle it. Sad that this is how they treat a warranty provider after we bailed them out a tough situation. BUYER BEWARE!!!!

Hello Matt,

Thank you for your assistance in the repairs on this customers Hot Tub. We apologize for the delay in payment, however payment was processed and mailed 1/20/23. Thank you again for your excellent service. - The Cal Spas Team

Reviewed Jan. 14, 2023

Although not dressed very well and not well-kept, the delivery guys were very good at their job and they knew exactly what to do with my odd-shaped property.

Reviewed Jan. 11, 2023

We got a swim spa from Cal Spas. The delivery and set up was fine. However, I'm having issues, right now, with one of my control pads. I've already had speakers go out in it, which were not under warranty. Also, the paneling on the side seems to be popping out of place an awful lot.

Reviewed Jan. 11, 2023

We've had an excellent experience with the product. Our spa has the lay down seat where my head's up. It has a waterfall and jets for my back. It's beneficial for health, lowers my stress level and it gives me a good time in the evening.

Pinned

Thank you for the 5 star review. Cal Spas is committed to providing a world class product and customer service. Happy hot tubbing from everyone here at Cal Spas.

Price

Reviewed Dec. 22, 2022

This is a good hot tub company. Our six-person tub fits four people comfortably. We bought it because we didn't have the where you have to have the bigger outlet, where you can just plug it into a normal one. But I would definitely say that it doesn't hold the heat as well, especially in the wintertime. So, we're looking to upgrade that. Other than that, its performance is good. You get what you pay for and ours wasn't that expensive.

Installation & SetupStaff

Reviewed Dec. 8, 2022

The installation experience was good. Working with their reps has always been good as well.

Installation & Setup

Reviewed Dec. 7, 2022

Delivery and installation went very well. The stereo system died right away and I've never fixed it. Other than that, I like the overall quality. The hot tub is holding up well.

Maintenance

Reviewed Nov. 19, 2022

The installers from Cal Spas were very professional and 90% of the tub is very good. But there's one little cosmetic defect where the coating on the neck pads disintegrated on all three pads and they're not covered by the warranty.

Installation & SetupPrice

Reviewed Nov. 5, 2022

We liked the Cal spa design we had. It gave us enough room for my almost seven-foot son so it was great. It's got a waterfall and then, it had a corner one where you can adjust the jets from that area. It had jets coming out of the floor, another corner one and two side ones. The installation was good. I had a problem though with the two side ones, which struggled with either airlocks or it wasn't set up right in that respect. We had it for two years but we had to sell it with the house because it cost too much to move that. I would have almost bought a brand new one by the time I put that in and moved from Texas to Michigan. So I left it there and sold it to the people that bought the house. I’m gonna buy another thing up here probably. My wife loved the heck out of it. She was in it almost probably every other night.

Reviewed Oct. 26, 2022

Recent purchase of a Cal Spa. This thing is horrible. This is my 3rd hot tub I have bought new. First of all, I can't speak on other brands' touchscreen but on Cal Spa they are terrible, do not get a touch screen. 2nd thing, two jets that are side by side will not put out even water, one will be stronger than the other. I also paid for the wifi to work with my phone, doesn't work. They replaced it with an upgrade, that doesn't work! I can't put in words how much I hate this thing!

Hello AG Farms,
    I am sorry to hear of your experience with your spa. If you could please provide us your serial # and contact information, we would be happy to assist you. Thank you.
    Bobby Ortez
    Customer Relations Manager
    bortez@calspas.com

909-920-0534

Installation & Setup

Reviewed Oct. 6, 2022

The Cal Spas store is close to us, and they were running a sale. We got a four-person hot tub. Some of the plastic cracked on it during the installation, but they replaced it. We really didn't use it that often, so we ended up selling it but we loved it. We like the jets. Overall, I liked the product and I'd recommend it.

Reviewed Sept. 22, 2022

The Cal Spas salespeople were the owners of the shop, and they were pretty good. The delivery people came several times. The only problem I had was the tub is so wide, we had to hire a huge crane that could barely get it over the top of the house without going into alarms. We got it settled after four different attempts with four different cranes. I have the tub set up on a deck at the back of my house facing Sierra Blanca mountain chain. So, it's pretty nice. I wish I could have gotten a bigger one, but this one here taxed the cranes pretty heavily. We bought the Covana top for it, and I would recommend that for everybody because taking off those manual tops will be a lot of problems, especially when you get to a bigger spa like this one. I've seen the ones that are kind of like an old-fashioned buggy style where the two tops flip up on each end, and it blocks your view if you have a view that you want to look at. So, Covana top is the way to go.

Reviewed Sept. 21, 2022

The delivery man was very professional and he dropped off the spa we got. It is the perfect size and it warms up the water. But the mouth where you control the air is fading a bit. Other than that, there are no broken parts and it's still hanging in there.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed Sept. 3, 2022

Cal Spas needs to improve their customer service big time because I had issues with this bath and the customer service is really bad. First of all, they sent a guy that thought that I just crossed the border. No, I crossed the border a long time ago. I know what I'm talking about. I'm not being an expert on Jacuzzis, but I have common sense. Right now, I'm having a couple of issues with the circuit board and the control panel. But I'm not gonna call Cal Spas. When I had an issue with one of the jets, they couldn't help me with it. They made a big deal out of it. I ended up going to Anderson, cost me 15 bucks, and I fixed it myself. I shouldn't have to do that. Cal Spas should have supported their product.

Pinned

Hello Leonel, Thank you for your Cal Spas purchase from Secard Pools & Spas. If you should have any questions about your spa, please feel free to contact our Customer Service Department at 800-225-7727 or contact me directly at 909-620-0534. Thanks, Bobby

Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Aug. 24, 2022

Purchased spa 3/2022 and from day one pumps, lights, jets and waterfall have not worked or randomly kick on or off. Service has been out a few time and tried to fix jet and burned out lighting. They have also been out due to waterfalls not operating and pumps/jets kicking on and off. First guys said that’s the way it’s supposed to run. Second guy showed up but repair, but left in the 10 minutes it took us to get home. By the way, asked them to call half hour prior to arrival. Never have for any “repair”. About 5th time, Zack shows up and he’s very knowledgeable. Said waterfall is damaged and the display panel needed replaced or repaired. He had to order parts. That was months ago.

I have texting hot tub factory outlet and they claim we are on schedule today for waterfall replacement but no one is answering now. We have had this spa hooked up since mid April and we have had nothing but issues and terrible repair service. Do NOT buy from here! We had a Sundance spa for 15 years and never had as many problems in that time as we have with a Cal Spas for 4 months. VERY POOR SERVICE and the spa is still kicking on and off at random times. We are extremely disappointed.

Hello Jamie,

Thank you for becoming a Cal Spas customer. I am sorry to hear of your recent experience with your spa. If you could provide me your serial number, I can gladly assist you. Thanks and have a great day.
    Bobby
    Email: bortez@calspas.com

Tel #: 909-620-0534

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupStaff

Reviewed Aug. 11, 2022

Customer service gave us a bunch of options and helped us figure out what would best fit our needs. I liked the politeness of the people. Everybody was great. We had them come up to install the tub and they were right out the next day.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedMaintenanceStaff

Reviewed Aug. 7, 2022

Purchased a 730 series hot tub ten months ago. The pumps went into in-op mode. the local dealer sent out an inexperienced employee and determined a $6 30 watt fuse was the problem. No problem, they didn't have fuses in stock, special order, next week? I told him Lowe's had them in stock... no response. After my **, the local dealer sent out an experienced tech. Yes, the fuse was blown as well as the number two pump! Another two week wait. The #2 came in the earlier inexperienced employee installed it. While he was testing it, he said 'great, it's working!' (NOT). Pointed out the #2 jets are still not working! He said give it thirty minutes for it to 'prime'. He left.

After he left no #2 jets/pumps working as I constantly hear the #2 pump attempting to kick in and out. Also the temperture had been set to 95 and now it goes to 101? The #1 and #2 Jet Incons continue to 'rotate' while the unit is not in use. I can turn on the #1 side pump/jets by pushing the #1 icon while I can shut off the same with the #2 icon? Sometimes before the above problem occurred, both icon buttons infrequently and temporaryly inop. Randomly, the number one pump kicks on (outside the cleaning times). Called the local dealer, says they are working on the problem with CalSpa Tech Assist but don't have an answer yet? (NOT SO) Funny, I call the Cal Spa Tech Line twice. The first time, the Tech Specialist was on vacation, 'can he call you back next week?' The second time 'he was out for the day'. Still no communication from local dealer?

Hello Ray,
    Thank you for becoming a Cal Spas customer. Following up to see if the local dealer was able to fix the issue with your spa. If you would like to speak to the Cal Spas Technical Support team, please feel free to call 800-225-7727 or call me directly.
    Thanks and have a great day.
    Bobby
    Email: bortez@calspas.com

Tel #: 909-620-0534

Installation & SetupPrice

Reviewed July 27, 2022

We looked around and Cal Spas had the best model and the price. They did a good job with the installation. From the time the crew showed up to move the old tub out and put that one in, that took 45 minutes to an hour. We like our tub when we use it. It helps sone on arthritis. It's just we haven't been using it as much as we used to. I'm getting older and it's getting harder to get in and out. To maintain the tub, we just check the chemicals and clean the filter once in a while.

Reviewed July 23, 2022

The reps did a great job and they were very informative and on hand. Even the contractors that brought the spa to my home did a fantastic job. I've had overall good experience with it. The only issue that I originally had was the jets were popping off. But I'm CPO-certified so it wasn't that difficult for me to push it back in and turn them. Other than that, the controls are good and everything works well.

Installation & SetupSales & MarketingPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed July 22, 2022

Enthusiastic sales, poor service. Less than 1 wk after spa installation the control panel went dead. A week later we still had no info on repair status, no scheduled service appointment able to be scheduled until part received. Cal Spas ground shipped updated replacement part to our rural camp (we don't have a mailbox and are NOT there full time). No concern by either for how long this will take, guests coming for 2nd weekend, electricity use. Local dealer telling us we may have to install part ourself or we arrange for someone near camp to! Cal Spas told us to look up VP name if we want to escalate concerns further.

Hello,

We are very sorry for the experience you have had with your new spa. Rest assured we are working directly with your dealer to get you back up and running. You are currently on the schedule for Thursday 7/28.

Reviewed June 18, 2022

Cal Spas did a good job. The installers came in here with a foot and a half of snow, and they got the spa put up on the deck with no problem. Being in the spa is great. It’s very comfortable and therapeutic. Both me and my wife have got some joint issues and we jump in there, and you don’t have to worry about it. It feels good.

Hello Douglas,

Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed June 3, 2022

Prior to my new spa, I bought a bigger one from Cal Spas about nine years prior to that. The one I recently bought four years ago was my second one from them. I started having problems with that one, and I needed them to come out and perform some service on it about three times. Every time they did, they came out and took care of it. We were happy with the outcome every time. If something needs to be replaced, their rep took it out and took it back to the shop, rebuilt it, and brought it back.

As far as the delivery, the team members were definitely strong enough to pick this thing up and put it in my backyard. They didn't ask me for help. They had to take it down my nextdoor neighbor’s yard, and they took the fence down between us. They took it through the fence to get to me. So, it wasn’t an easy delivery, but they got it in, filled it with water, plugged it in, turned it on, and made sure it worked.

Installation & SetupPriceStaff

Reviewed June 2, 2022

I liked Cal Spas' price. It's just their website needs to be a little bit more friendly for finding parts. The installation team was fair. I had a little incident. My gate was not big enough. I told them to wait a couple of minutes and I had knocked down a wall so they could get through, and they packed up and left. I had to make a second appointment. It took me about half an hour to move the fence, but their rules are their rules. Other than that, the salespeople and the people I've dealt with are very good.

Reviewed May 28, 2022

The spa makes hot water. It has lights and jets. Usage is good, except that it's very difficult to program. Other than that, the quality has been fine. Don't get the program that I have. You have to get an updated program.

Installation & SetupMaintenance

Reviewed May 4, 2022

I ended up having to pay a one lump sum payment instead of financing the hot tub because that part of the process wasn’t really clear. So I wasn’t happy with that. Once I purchased it, I also found out that I had to pay for a new gate because we had to knock one part of my wall down to get the tub in. I like the multiple jets but the quality of the tub is kind of poor. I can’t tell what’s going on underneath the plastic material around the side. It protrudes out a little bit. But it looked like that since they installed it. So I couldn’t tell if that was a defect or it was supposed to look like that.