4.1/5 (729 ratings)

About Cal Spas

With over 35 years of experience, Cal Spas is a provider of luxury spas and accessories. We pride ourselves in being a top Global Manufacturer of Home Resort Products.

Innovation and technological advancements are top priorities when crafting Cal Spas products. Built with more standard features and designer appeal, our products are a great addition to any outdoor space.

Pros

• Customizable jet configurations
  • Warranty on all models
  • Hydrotherapy massage features

Cons

• No instant trade-in quotes
  • Prices found through local dealers

Bottom Line

Cal Spas offers a range of highly customizable hot tub models with a variety of seating options and jet configurations. All of its hot tubs come with a standard warranty, but pricing estimates aren’t available online.

Cal Spas Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cal Spas?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cal Spas?

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

I like the quality of Cal Spas' tubs. I've kept getting their tubs and their guys come in, install what I got and out they go. If it doesn’t work, their team fixes it. A couple of things haven’t worked but still, Cal Spas took care of those problems. They’re doing a wonderful job.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

We've owned a Cal Spas for years. We got another product from them and everything is working fine. Our experience was good except the drainage hose isn't very great. You need to take the whole side cover off to get to the actual valve to get the hose up. So, what's the purpose of the drain. It’s supposed to stick out the sides so it’s nice and convenient or be able to pull it out, and you can’t. That’s been kind of a frustrating thing. And the power to the jets is weak. It creates bubbles, but this particular spa that we bought is a little underpowered.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

I'm a loyal Cal Spas customer. I bought two other spas - one 20 years ago and another 10 years ago. My current one is about four months old. Cal Spas delivered my tubs and that was it. I wish they installed the tubs since it was inconvenient. But other than that, Cal Spas has a nice team. I have no issues. That's why I keep going back.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

When we bought a Cal Spas hot tub, the installation was done perfectly. They did all the work and gave us all the information. I'm perfectly satisfied and happy with the experience.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

We had a tub for 14 years and we got talked into a new one. But the new one was grossly disappointing compared to the old one so we traded that one back in. What we got was closer to what we had before. It's still not as good as our initial one, but it's as good as you can expect. The installation guys for Cal Spas went out of their way to make sure things were set up properly. My only disappointment is having the new tub not performing nearly as good as what I was told and what I was sold. I probably would've kept my old one until it died if I had known the operation difference. It has a different filtering system and less power, but it works.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

Our experience with Cal Spas has been good. The installation team was fine. We've had the tub for eight months now and it's been good.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

My uncle had a Cal Spa. I bought mine in February, but it was installed in April. The installation part was absolutely terrible. The installers came unprepared. They were highly unprofessional. They had to use my tools. I would never recommend anybody to go through the installers and the people that delivered it. Everything’s up and running though, and the spa itself is great. I would recommend the spa 100%.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

The installation team of Cal Spas was on time and everything went smooth. They said they’d be out, and when they sent a guy out, he was here the time they mentioned. It was very professional. They have always been really nice and very cooperative as well. We had some electronic problem before and they sent people out right away. We've always been very pleased. We also enjoy getting in our tub from Cal Spas.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

We had another Cal Spas tub for 12 years, but the motors weren’t working great and a lot of the stuff was getting outdated. Plus, it was hard to get a part. We decided to update and we went with Cal Spas because we seem to have good service from Cal Spas in Plymouth. We order our chemicals from them and if you order over $100, you don't have to pay shipping. Plus, they have usually been good to come if we needed them.

We bought a nine-seater hot tub and it has the waterfall and many jets. Their team was good. We had a good experience except they didn't finish positioning the hot tub on the patio. The hot tub was very heavy so it was very hard for me and my husband. We had to make some rollers and get that done. The first time, they positioned it, filled it, and made sure everything worked, but they didn't do that this time. And even though we had the electrical inspected properly before, we had to have it done again and they had to wait until we had that done. The hot tub is very easy to use though. The controls are very easy and the tub stays clean. We filled it in April and our water is still very clean. Also, the heat up and cool off is really nice.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

We were walking by Cal Spas at a home and garden show. We liked the price. And also, I've known about the brand for years. The hot tub that we got is nice. I wished Cal Spas installed them too. The guy who delivered it was another contractor that Cal Spas has. He just came in, dropped it off and said, "There you go," and left. I'd recommend Cal Spas.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

I don't write reviews too often, but in the case of our $13,000+ Cal Spas EC-867B hot tub I purchased in May 2019 a review is warranted. First off I like to buy American when I can and it was a big selling point for me pitched by the sales rep at Dreamstyle Remodeling as in my experience American made products tend to be better... however this has not been the experience I've had with my Cal Spas hot tub. In the 2.5 months that I have owned this patio ornament it has been unusable (or partly usable if you don't mind flooding your patio and filling it up daily.... As an extra bonus a high water bill will follow at the end of the month as well).

We have had 3 different significant leaks over this period (I swear its like Wack-a-mole), a broken diverter valve, and speakers that stop working that have been repaired/replaced also 3 different times. Concerning our most recent leak the a repair tech was sent out by Dreamstyle a full week after reporting the leak and the tech found that he was unable to fix it, had to order new parts, and will have to completely drain the tub and either lift it or flip it on its side...here comes that water bill again. In fact, the tech's actual suggestion was to see if we could return it and swap it out for a new one. Additionally, due to the hot weather and near constant leaks the inside cabinet is starting to get slimy and gross.

We contacted Dreamstyle as to our desire for a replacement tub and they said that the decision had to come from Cal Spas and that they only sell the tubs and service them. So once again, my family is going through another week and weekend unable to use our hot tub, paying a ridiculously high amount for a water bill, having to get new chemicals, and paying a car-payment size hot tub bill for what's amounted to little more than an overpriced decoration. Bottom Line: If you want a near constant headache, pay a huge sum of money for a low quality product, and have your utilities sky rocket buy a Cal Spas hot tub. If the previous suggestion sounds unpleasant (trust me it is) then buy another brand.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

Having our Cal Spas tub installed was a little hectic because it had to go into a tight spot. Still, their installers got it in okay and everything seemed to be perfect thereafter. However, we had trouble with the chemicals they gave us to keep it with the right everything. So, we went with Baquacil instead. Even so, we love the jets because we both have arthritis and they help with our physical well-being.

Original review: July 30, 2019

Cal Spas' service and our hot tub have been awesome. We love them. We made our purchase with Cal Spas due to their reputation and we have friends that have the same brand. We had seen some other brands before, so we kinda knew what we were looking for. But Cal Spas was able to help us narrow it down. The installers as well as our installation experience were good. We had everything wide open for them. So, we had it set up well. We absolutely love being in our hot tub. We bought a different top for it. It's a special aftermarket top that we got from Cal Spas. It raises up and down. That is the bomb. So, if I would recommend that to anybody, it's worth the money. That is so nice to have.

Original review: July 29, 2019

We've had our old hot tub for 15 years and would’ve bought from the same manufacturer again. However, they don't do hot tubs anymore. We bought the Escape from Cal Spas instead and the guy who put it in the backyard was excellent and perfect. I’m very happy with the product so far though it is located somewhere else. We use the hot tub when we go to that location weekly even in the summer. We go in it as often as we can, which is five times a week because sometimes, we go in twice a day. Thus far, I’m very satisfied with my experience.

Original review: July 9, 2019

We went to Cal Spas' store to talk to somebody, and everybody was very helpful. We didn’t go to any other places or talk to competitors. The customer service had us sold. The people that came and installed it were very helpful as well. Somebody also called me once to find out how everything was going. We use the tub almost every weekend and it’s been great. The kids love it. Me and the wife like it after a hard week of work. It’s something to help us relax.

Original review: July 4, 2019

We purchased a spa from Cal Spas about 20 years ago. And now they have a new place up here in High Desert where we live and we’ve been seeing them from the side of the freeway for the last month. We never had any problem with Cal Spas, so we went back to it. I like the deeper spa. It was a lot bigger than the one we had, and I like the quality. I also like the exterior finish on it now. The finish is more upgraded since the ones we had previously. The hot tub that we have now has helped my husband's knees.

Original review: June 29, 2019

I owned a Cal Spas in California about 10 years ago. They stand by their products and their name is worth something in the market. Three months ago, I got the Patio KONA Plus from Cal Spas and I had the ozonator put in as an upgrade. It is self-explanatory, and you don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure it out. It's a three-person spa for me, and it's working fine. But the people who brought it were understaffed. Two of the people that were gonna help put it in called in sick. So, I ended up having to pitch in. I'm not decrepit and helpless, but I don't wanna break any bones or get any hernias from doing heavy lifting. So, it would have been helpful to have more people here, but that was not Cal Spas. It was the delivery guy.

Original review: June 26, 2019

First review I have ever written. The worst product ever. The spa constantly breaks. No one in can fix it. No customer support. Spend money on WiFi connection which they sent installer to install but he can’t figure it out. Less the 3 years old and it never gets warm. Beyond terrible product.

Original review: June 21, 2019

I have the Patio from Cal Spas and it's a good quality tub. The people who did the installation were good too and they were on time. I've had the tub for one year now and I've used it like 10 times. It's relaxing to use it and I'm satisfied with it.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I got a Swim Spa from Cal Spas and they did the installation so it was easy for me. My interaction with their team also went fine but the salesman lied to me. He told me that they already had a unit built at the factory so I was gonna get a special deal on it. But when I got it, it was built after the time he said it was already built. The Swim Spa is at a cabin now and somebody is usually in it two or three times a week. Then if I’m cold, I can get warm when I go in it.

Original review: June 13, 2019

Our Cal Spa product is good because it does what we want. It’s a big one and above-ground. It’s probably one level lower than a swim spa. The installation process was very easy and it was good working with the team from Cal Spas. Everyone was very professional and helpful.

Original review: June 7, 2019

We saw Cal Spas around local facilities. Every year, we always went and looked at all of them. My wife had been pressuring me and finally, she talked me into getting one. It was just time. It turned out she was right. The people there gave us a really good deal. Two guys came over to do the installation. They carried the hot tub into the backyard and set it down on the ground. It was good to go. They also showed us how to do everything.

We have the portable plug-in spa that can accommodate seven or eight people and can hold 500 gallons of water. We've had our spa for a year and eight months now and we like it a lot. We still use it every day and it has become part of our nightly routine. We sit out, look at the stars, and have our husband and wife talk of the day. It's very relaxing. We are very pleased.

Original review: June 3, 2019

We recently purchased a new spa from Cal Spas. As a previous owner, I can honestly say that the sales experience we had with Don **. and the delivery/set up service we had with Mike and his team were outstanding. We researched a lot of different companies but none had achieved the certifications, accreditations and awards that Cal Spa has. Plus, the warranty with Cal Spas offered was equally as important. Professional, friendly, and no hidden or extra charges. Plus the spa is AMAZING and runs much quieter than our old one. We highly recommend Cal Spas.

Original review: May 30, 2019

One must be very careful when choosing a qualified retailer for these custom spas. Our spa dealer in San Luis Obispo (CCH Pools) did a good job installing the electric, but had no idea how to operate the spa. Several angry calls later, Cal Spa revealed that they used a 2017 operating system on a 2019 build. We had to find the proper user manual online as it wasn't provided by the dealer. SO: get an itemized invoice for every feature that you pay for and double check with Cal Spa. Make sure you receive the appropriate owner's manual and personalized instruction on use as the operating system is NOT intuitive.

Original review: May 14, 2019

Cal Spas' customer service was great. They were the first booth we saw at a fair and we did an impulse buy. A friend of my wife has a Cal Spa, and he said they were good to work with. That was another reason we went with Cal Spas. I've had some questions, and the Cal Spas team helped me out. We bought their product that they had a fair special on. They had a big inventory on them. Our hot tub is sitting on our deck. It's very product-heavy as any spa is, but the products are very expensive. So, it is definitely a costly thing to keep going. So, if the chemicals were more reasonable, I think they’d have more success.

Original review: May 12, 2019

I had a excellent experience with Cal Spas. I got the unit because I have issues with my back and it has helped. We have the waterfall and the light on there. We also have the handrail, the Bluetooth speakers and the gazebo. The installation was also a good experience, although it was kind of a pain because I had to get a crane to pick the unit up over my garage to put it in the backyard. But the rep knew her product and was good. Cal Spas gave me some veteran perks too. Then when I saw the rep the following year and spoke to her, she gave me some information on how to keep my water clean. When I had to call for some repair issues, they were prompt with getting someone out to take care of those issues as well.

Original review: April 30, 2019

We had a great experience working with Don at the Plymouth Mn location. He was very helpful and educated. This helped us decide quickly that we wanted to buy through Cal Spas which has a great product and warranty. Thank you! -** Family-

Original review: April 20, 2019

We like the price and the size of Cal Spas. We wanted something that was large enough to have enough seats in it but enough room to swim and that would fit our footprint in our backyard. We got a swim spa from them and the installation was great. A bunch of guys showed up and they got it off the truck in the backyard and in position. They made it look easy. The spa is really nice and the maintenance is pretty easy too. It has a good filtration system with UV, the light treatment and keeps everything pretty clean. Everything's been working well.

Original review: April 13, 2019

The Cal Spas sales rep at the fair was very convincing. The installation was done well and I like the speaker system in the hot tub and the lighting. The only thing I don’t like about it is it is too deep. I’m 5’2”, and the seating is too deep.

Original review: April 1, 2019

When we first bought the Cal Spas hot tub, the cover on it didn’t do well. The connection was glued on and it was faulty. It lasted about a week, and then it came loose. I called Chris from Cal Spas and they replaced it. There was no problem since then. The hot tub does what we need it to do. We had the retailer do the installation and the experience was good. He was a good guy. We have had the Cal Spas hot tub for several years now and I would recommend them.

Cal Spas Company Information