4.3(872)

About Cal Spas

With over 35 years of experience, Cal Spas is a provider of luxury spas and accessories. We pride ourselves in being a top Global Manufacturer of Home Resort Products.

Innovation and technological advancements are top priorities when crafting Cal Spas products. Built with more standard features and designer appeal, our products are a great addition to any outdoor space.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Customizable jet configurations
  • Warranty on all models
  • Hydrotherapy massage features
Cons
  • No instant trade-in quotes
  • Prices found through local dealers

Stars Rating

• 59%
  • 25%
  • 8%
  • 5%
  • 4%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cal Spas?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cal Spas?

Reviewed Oct. 27, 2016

The Cal Spas tub helps my back. I got the cheapest one they sell, a show special. The installers were really good. Yesterday, I called the company because the tub would not shut off at times and the guy on the phone gave an explanation which made sense. We love the tub. It has definitely improved our backyard and it's a great investment.

Pinned

That's great to hear Paul! We're so happy that our tubs make your back feel better. Please call us anytime you need help with your tub. I'm sure that our professional staff will be more than happy to help you enjoy your spa. Have a great weekend!

Reviewed Oct. 24, 2016

Why do you give a floating bromine dispenser? Owners manual says do not use them. They can become trapped in one area and cause over-sanitation, and chemical burn of the spa and cover of that particular area. The manual says only use granular bromine. Why do you give tablets and a floater as the startup chemicals?

Installation & SetupPrice

Reviewed Oct. 23, 2016

I went to four other places before I went to Cal Spas. I got what I wanted and a better price too since I got a floor model from them. During the installation, they showed up and asked me where I wanted the spa, and then I pointed it out and they went back inside. They did a pretty decent setup and explained everything. The tub is more for entertainment purposes and I have more parties after getting it installed. Also, the tub has an easy and simple upkeep - fill it with chlorine, drain it every six or seven months and then refill it.

Reviewed Oct. 21, 2016

I purchased the swim spa from Cal Spas about eight months ago, but they haven't set it up yet. I've been building a deck around it, so I bunk it in the ground. I'm still waiting and maybe by the end of the week, they'll come out and install it for me. Their team was knowledgeable, friendly, and courteous.

Reviewed Oct. 20, 2016

I love Cal Spas. They have good quality and they've never disappointed us. Their team was really nice, professional, and fast. We're having a wonderful time with our hot tub. It's a wonderful product and I absolutely love it. I'm in it every night. Even during the summertime, I just put the temperature down low so we could use that as a pool too.

Reviewed Oct. 15, 2016

Cal Spas was recommended to us by a friend who bought one of their hot tubs. Installation of our hot tub went very well. The installers were good about communicating when our tub would be delivered and installed, and what was needed to be done in addition to them putting it on the premises in terms of hiring electricians and whatever else. They walked me through the maintenance process and had me sign up before they finish. Since installing it, we have had more quality family time without electronics since they can't be brought into the hot tub. Also, we have had friends over more frequently to spend time in the hot tub. We've had more enjoyable relaxation time.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Oct. 14, 2016

The Cal Spas installers were over-the-top great. They were extremely helpful, very courteous, made sure everything went exceptionally well, and checked to make sure everything was right. We had some problems with the paneling as it started to come off and to warp because of the heat. A gentleman came out and put screws in so it wouldn’t do that and he was great. Then the cover ripped but it wasn’t bad and the tabs came off one side. I thought they were just gonna sew it but they replaced the whole cover. They were great and we’ve had no problem whatsoever. They’ve been on time and they call us when they’re coming, they’re here, or when they’re gonna be late. They made sure everything is done well, answered all our questions, and good contact-wise. It was a great experience and we’ve also recommended Cal Spas to some people.

Reviewed Oct. 3, 2016

I knew Cal Spas was pretty good. I had them install a hot tub but the installation was a little hit-and-miss at first. The installers didn’t know that they were supposed to take away the old spa when they got here. And then, I had to be charged more money for the delivery because of that, and I didn’t really have great communication with the company that sold it to me. Nevertheless, I really like my hot tub. It’s a bit smaller than what I had but it’s fine. The features are very nice and it’s very, very high quality. It has been very helpful because I’m older. There’s nothing better than to sit down on it after a long day at work.

Reviewed Oct. 1, 2016

We got our Cal Spas in February. It's on our deck and we use it all the time. We have had a leak lately and they've been out a few times to fix it. But then we love it and it's good.

Reviewed Sept. 29, 2016

We got a hot tub as a wedding present and that was great and then when we've moved to this house now, it already had a hot tub. It was a great hot tub because we used it minimum three days a week all year so that hot tub finally burnt out. Now, we're putting the hurt on the new tub. The company that did the installation here in Lancaster has been unbelievable. I've always called the local dealer here and they've been insanely good. Their whole team is first rate. Our new tub is more modern than my previous one and it's got different jets set up. As the hot tub technology gets better, Cal Spas figured out what’s working, what’s not. This tub is definitely a step up, for sure. We love Cal Spas, everything's terrific.

Warranty

Reviewed Sept. 25, 2016

I like the design of the spa at Cal Spas, however, I will never buy from them again as long as I live. Within three months, I had an issue but they don't have warranty people or a repair place. They contract it out and they don't tell you that. I paid $150 for the travel charge of the contractor and Cal Spas wasn't willing to do anything about that. And the speakers on the spa don't work. When they were repaired, they worked for about another month before they went bad again. They're not working at this point either. I would never recommend that company to anybody.

Reviewed Sept. 23, 2016

The company sent the installers to hook it all up, and they did a really good job. So far, we've been real happy with the patio spa we got from Cal Spas. We really like it a lot, particularly like the foot jet in the bottom of it. None of the spas I had before ever had it.

Reviewed Sept. 22, 2016

We've had a good experience with Cal Spas. We've had no worries and we use it all the time. Everything went off as it was supposed to. I'd recommend them.

Reviewed Sept. 19, 2016

Cal Spas' sales reps were extremely friendly, professional, nice and offered a pair of swim spa for me, kind of saying come back the next day if I wanted to try it. I think I'm going back there too. I like them personally. The installation of our patio spa also went well. The installers showed up when they said they were going to show up and they put the spa right the way it was supposed to. We really enjoy the spa and think it's a great purchase. We use it pretty much every night.

Reviewed Sept. 17, 2016

I've had my Cal Spas patio spa for about a year and it's fine. Everything with the installation was good. I'd recommend them!

Sales & MarketingPriceStaff

Reviewed Sept. 16, 2016

I had a hot tub when I bought the house but it was old and depleted. So that's when I went out and bought a patio, 7 x 7, with the 5-horse motor and the 30 jet tub from Cal Spas. They were local and gave me a good price. I had a great experience with the sales rep. I had a lot of questions like where I was going to mount it and I needed a lot of information about where the electrical went in. He bent over backward to give me everything I needed and had the crew bring the tools and stuff that was necessary to set it in place. I had a problem with the siding on the fiber. It had some loose sections. They came out and looked at it, brought two brand new sections and put them on. I haven't had any problem since. Also, I don't use the tub all the time. I haven't used it in three or four months because it's too damn hot. But in the wintertime, I'll use it. It's nice to set it in the evening when it's cold.

Installation & SetupPunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Sept. 15, 2016

We purchased a spa from a Cal Spas store years ago. One of their sales guys was super helpful so we stayed in touch with him the whole time. I've been relocated and I got rid of the spa. Now we moved back so we purchased another one from Cal Spas and it's been almost a year since we've had this one. However, since the patio where the spa was supposed to be installed was not yet ready, their guys only got the spa down the hill and into my backyard. I did the physical installation myself. There was a quality issue with one of the jets but they came out and fixed it right away. Other than that, it's been great. We recommended a tub from Cal Spas to my in-laws since we had such a good experience the first time.

Reviewed Sept. 14, 2016

My Cal Spas tub will be a year in December and it hasn't broken yet. It's like having a bathtub outside. I would recommend them to others.

Customer ServiceInstallation & Setup

Reviewed Sept. 12, 2016

I bought my Cal Spa last year but I'm a bit unhappy with the customer service. They delivered the product, but no one installed it, so I paid somebody else to do that. Then one problem I have right now is that one of the LED lights aren't working. I talked to the guy that I bought it from, and he said I needed to call customer service to make an appointment to fix it. They also told me I needed to pay somebody $75 to come and look at it, but they didn't want to send me somebody to do it. I needed to find somebody to pay $75, and they just sent me the LED light to fix it. Additionally, the panels just started coming down.

Installation & SetupPunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Sept. 9, 2016

I've been using Cal Spas since November of last year. This one is three times the size compared to the old one. It's a patio spa which is a lot bigger. Our installation experience was great. The guys were good. They were late but they did let me know. I feel much better with this spa. Everything's good and it works great for now.

Installation & SetupPrice

Reviewed Aug. 20, 2016

There was a deal on the Cal Spas tubs so we got one. It’s certainly improved the outdoor quality of our living space and our health. However, it's difficult to install and I was a little surprised at the cost of running it. I was told it would be a little less expensive than it actually is to maintain.

Staff

Reviewed Aug. 17, 2016

I do enjoy my hot tub from Cal Spas. Their salesperson was very knowledgeable and she convinced me to have it as an investment. It has also improved my outdoor living space and I am more relaxed.

Reviewed Aug. 15, 2016

We purchased an in-ground pool through Secard and have had Cal Spas for less than a year. We've only used it a handful of times. It was on sale and their gazebo matched our setup.

Reviewed Aug. 14, 2016

I got my first Cal Spas tub and had a good experience. Though their installers showed up on the wrong day, they were able to put the hot tub in the right place.

Reviewed Aug. 13, 2016

I bought the Cal Spas F-1420 recently and the installation went nicely. I know the guys that came and delivered it, they were cool. My in-laws were the ones who went to the store and picked up more products that we needed like more chlorine. I got the spa for my kids and they're the ones that use it. I used it once with them too and when I did, I wished the water could’ve warmed up faster as it was cold. But other than that, the thing’s nice. There’s a lot of pressure in the jets. I'm very satisfied and I’d recommend Cal Spas to anybody.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupPunctuality & SpeedMaintenanceStaffWarranty

Reviewed Aug. 12, 2016

It turned out to be a pretty good experience with Cal Spas, except for the top that secures down the spa. You can buy a top that comes with it and you can upgrade it. And the one that came with it, all it did was fold up. The one that I had bought that was designed for it has two arms that hold it up so you can get in it. When you close it, you just hit a latch and it comes back down. A gust of wind hit it and ripped it completely right off that spa. No defects, no nothing but it is not secure. Someone needs to upgrade it. We live in an area where there's rain and sometimes wind. A small gust of wind can actually take that lid.

Unfortunately, it was still underneath warranty but the company that I bought it from tried to find everything in their power for them not to replace that lid. They even quoted Mother Nature, which was so bizarre. Mother Nature doesn't cover the warranty on the spa itself. We ended up spending another $400 to put a new lid on it and then flipped the new arms on it because the arms were bent. The people that installed the spa were courteous, punctual, and perfect except for they did not come equipped. The manufacturer is sending out these spas and all the pieces are not there. So that means that whoever is warehousing is not packaging all the parts. I had to take one of the workers down to the local hardware store and we had to pick up a piece of hardware to supplement or actually to replace the item that was missing.

The spa is awesome to have. We use it primarily in the winter. It's hot to get in in the summer because it gets up to 122. I can't wait 'till winter time so I can get in it. It's enjoyable knowing I have it and I'm happy with the spa. I would recommend people buying the spa but I wouldn't recommend them going back to those people. The people that sold me the spa were kind and the sweetest person on the world. But once you get that apartment, then the true person comes out. They were rude. I would not go back.

That lady that sold me that spa was sweet. But, when I went in to try to get that thing repaired or replaced, she just went on to irate mode. "No. We're not doing that." We've gone somewhere else to buy the chemicals and we have another place that we go to if we have any questions. Sadly when you call them, it's hard to get an answer. It's like you're trying to pull a tooth out of them for some information. They'll give you the answer but it takes so long to get it.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupPunctuality & SpeedStaffFill Or Drain Time

Reviewed Aug. 11, 2016

I've heard a lot of good things about Cal Spas. They had the displays at the fair, I liked what I saw and picked one out. Everything was done very efficiently the day it was installed and the installers were great. They came in, knew what they were doing, put it right up and told us what to do because we wanted to fill it later. It was a real quick deal and a very pleasant experience overall. Then when I had problems turning the heat down, all I did was call the one up here in Victorville and he was very informative. He walked me through it so now I know how to do it. I've also called him to get filters. I haven't had any problems with it. We love the hot tub and it's really nice when I get home from work.

Reviewed Aug. 10, 2016

I’ve had Cal Spas before and I also saw them at the Kern County fairgrounds. I purchased another one that's gray and is for six people but sits five. There was a little problem with the installation process having to do with the timing. I was told a certain delivery date but the delivery didn't happen. I had paid it upfront so I was concerned about when it would be delivered so when the initial delivery time came and went and the product still wasn't delivered I called to see what was going on. I was given another date and that came and went too. No one called me to find out what was going on. I went in person to their office and it wasn't a pleasant experience.

I saw a sign that they weren’t there at the office. What happened was their staff was at the fair during that time. Their guy got a little irate and got upset like I was bothering him. I told him that I was trying to find out why the spa was not here yet and that maybe he could do a follow-up as it was paid for. It made me a little nervous. The communication was not good, but we finally settled it and I got my spa. Their staff realized he was a little bit out of line and he called and apologized too.

The spa is gray and it works fine. But I’m having a little problem with the electrical pad. When I push the button, I have to keep resetting it in the electrical box because sometimes it doesn’t pick up. When I try to hit the jets to make them turn on the way they should, sometimes they won’t turn on at all. Other than that, it’s been a very nice product. One of the reasons I got it is because of my foot injury, to help me improve it. Hopefully, with the massaging and the water movement, it would help it, and it has, which is a good thing. It's also for the relaxation part and to get rid of the tension. The spa is one of my favorite purchases and I’m glad about it.

It’s a good product for anyone to have. I prefer it over a swimming pool. I’ve had both and I wouldn't ever want another pool but I’d never want to be without my spa if I had a choice. It really has helped my well-being and my health. I get in it at least maybe once or twice a week. It’s really relaxing and therapeutic. But I don’t use it the way most people use it. I could be in there an hour or an hour and a half because I don’t have it hot. I keep it lukewarm and I find that way, I could be there longer and use it to cool down when it’s hot outside. It serves its purpose even if it’s not hot. If I had it hot like at 100 and something with the heat, I’d be out in 10 minutes. It would be too hot. On the whole, it's been a soothing experience.

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Aug. 8, 2016

I had a Cal Spas before but their service was not good so I wasn't too pleased with them. On the other hand, my new one is doing well, except for the black cushions that you rest your head on -- they deteriorate. I called to the place where I bought it at Secard and I haven't heard anything back from them. It's been a year now. They never got back to me.

Reviewed Aug. 7, 2016

My daughter who lives in Hesperia was looking for a swimming pool so we went over to the Cal Spas there. Since I was going to move, I decided I wanted a hot tub. I went in and I saw the round one. The first one I saw was blue but I waited too long and they sold that one. Now the one I got, a four-person tub, I bought it just right at the same time that I got my house. Everything worked out great. They had great installers. They rolled it off, set it in where I was at, explained everything to me, plugged it in, I put water in it, and I was in it two hours later. They were professional and they were really good about it.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupPriceStaff

Reviewed Aug. 5, 2016

I’m glad I went with Cal Spas. It's a very good product for a good price. I called once for a registration issue. But other than that, I haven’t had to call Cal Spas on any issues. The installation team was also very professional and explained everything to me.

Reviewed Aug. 3, 2016

I got the Cal Spas F-1222 mostly for my daughter who is autistic. We didn't wanna get a pool but needed something big enough for her to play around in. She loves being in the water and that is a huge thing for her every day. Most of my interactions with the Cal Spas team were through the pool place that I purchased it through, and they've been helpful with anything that's come up. The installers were very courteous and got it done quickly and efficiently.

MaintenanceStaff

Reviewed Aug. 2, 2016

Cal Spas is a good spa. The outdoor space is much improved because of it. But it was improved by other aspects, too, because it was put in in conjunction with putting in a fire pit and a barbeque. However, I don’t think the maintenance in the handbook was explained very well. But the spa has been great and I like it. The people who I bought it from were very helpful especially in trying to figure out a way of getting it in into my yard which was very difficult. They worked with me and when I couldn’t put it in right away, they held back for a long time until I was able to get it in. It’s been a pretty good experience.

Reviewed Aug. 1, 2016

It's been 10 years that we've used Cal Spas because they have good value and service. We got a 7x7 hot tub with four seats and two benches. Cal Spas team called us to see if everything went okay, and when we had a problem, they fixed it. They're nice. The delivery people did a good job setting up our tub and leveling it. We use our hot tub all the time. It's everything I thought it would be, and it's good.

Reviewed July 30, 2016

We bought Cal Spas last year around August. The dealer brought it, dropped it off on the pad, and the electrician hooked it up for us. I’d definitely recommend Cal Spas, especially the local dealer.

Reviewed July 19, 2016

The installation of the hot tub was done very efficiently. However, we had some problems with the cracking of the panels, but Cal Spas installed that later on although it took us a really long time to get the panels back. We use the hot tub all the time and we've been very satisfied with it. Plus, their team have all been very nice. It's been a very positive experience and we love our spa.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed July 17, 2016

The people of Cal Spas at the store were great, but the guy who came out to our house was god-awful. He was rude, mean, and he stressed me out. He made my heart beat really fast and I wanted him to leave. My sister, unfortunately, lives close and got the same guy, and we both said never again. I told the people at the store but they said they've never heard of that before, which I find very difficult to believe. Otherwise, the experience has been fine. I've been using the product for about a year and I’m taking care of it by myself.

Reviewed July 12, 2016

Installation of our Cal Spas hot tub went relatively smooth. The tub produces more family time and our experience with it is exceptional.

Reviewed July 11, 2016

The only problem I have with my Cal Spas is that I can't find another filter for it. The guy said that it can be cleaned and be reused over and over. I just put it in a filter cleaning solution, which if they'd had told me that when I bought the tub, I would have bought two filters because this filter is a pain in the butt. I’ve taken so many pictures of it and measurements, emailed them to people, and I still do not have another filter for the tub. I would have shut it down and not even run it for at least 24 hours so I can clean the filter, which isn't good especially in Colorado because it gets pretty cold up here. I tried to reach out to the distributor and when I managed to get them to answer me finally, and the place they told me to contact to get the filter was a big mess up. I'm still working with just one filter and I already gave up on those guys.

Reviewed June 29, 2016

We've been using Cal Spas for a year now. This is our first hot tub and its installation was easy. Our outdoor living space has improved. Overall, they have decent products and my experience has been good.

Reviewed June 26, 2016

It has been a year now since we've started using Cal Spas. The company I worked with did a really great job in getting it installed. The one we got was a 14-foot swim spa which my wife use for medical purpose and has made her condition improved. So far, I'm happy with it.

Reviewed June 24, 2016

I have had several hot tubs before but when I got Cal Spas 13 months ago, it’s like driving from a Fort Pinto going into a Cadillac. I really enjoy it but it's like a girlfriend, I got to take care of it and watch it. I installed myself and I hired an electrician to inspect the input. It’s a big tub and I had to lift it up on to a nine-foot deck so I had to use my pump to do it. Furthermore, I'm most impressed with their service. I called up and said I’m having an issue with the tub. The guys there, the next morning, not only fixed it but updated all the stuff that’s been recalled without even being asked.

Reviewed June 21, 2016

We like Cal Spas' products. We did our homework and decided to go with them and purchased a Patio spa. Their installation team was excellent and everything went smoothly. It's a very excellent product and the store sells it very well.