Boca vs. Independent Home
What is the difference between Boca and Independent Home?
Boca and Independent Home have many walk-in tub options for homeowners to choose from. Both companies have pain management and spa-like options. But while Boca focuses on custom orders, Independent Home provides a wider variety of accessibility options.
- Boca is best for homeowners who want a walk-in tub that is customized to fit their needs.
- Independent Home is best for bathers who want to choose from several models or want a standard reclined bath.
Reputation on ConsumerAffairs
|Overall star rating||4.9||4.7|
|Verified customer reviews||Read reviews||Read reviews|
|Basic tub starting price||$7,000||Only available with quote|
|Installation included||Available for additional cost||Included|
|In-home quotes required||Varies by location|
|Warranty - Labor||One year when factory-trained installer is used||Lifetime|
|Warranty - Parts||Lifetime||Lifetime|
|Warranty - Tub||Lifetime||Lifetime|
|$7,000||Available for additional cost||Varies by location||One year when factory-trained installer is used||Lifetime||Lifetime|
|Only available with quote||Included||Lifetime||Lifetime||Lifetime|
Available walk-in tub types
|Step-in height||2 inches||4.5 inches|
|Grab bars included|
|Number of hydro jets||10||Customizable|
|Number of air jets||18||Customizable|
|Heated seats option|
|Heated backrest option|
|Remote control option||—|
Services included with installation
|Old tub removal|
|Wall repair and repaint||—|
All information accurate as of publishing date.
Boca makes its walk-in tubs to order in Georgia. Rather than offering multiple models, Boca lets you build the tub you want. You choose the size and optional features you wish to include, and Boca custom-makes your tub.
Boca doesn’t list pricing information on its website since each tub is different.
Tub sizes: Boca has several tub sizes to choose from. According to the website, it provides soaker tubs upon request. Tub sizes include:
- Petite Short: 30 inches wide by 47 inches long by 36 inches tall. Recommended for bathers under 6 feet and 280 pounds.
- Standard: 30 inches wide by 51 inches long by 36 inches tall. Recommended for bathers under 6 feet, 2 inches, and below 280 pounds.
- Wide: 32 inches wide by 56 inches long by 36 inches tall. Recommended for bathers under 6 feet, 2 inches, and below 450 pounds.
- Two-Seater: 32 inches wide by 62 inches long by 36 inches tall. Features two seats facing each other.
- Wide/Deep: 32 inches wide by 56 inches long by 40 inches tall. Recommended for bathers under 6 feet, 6 inches, and under 450 pounds.
- Low step threshold
- Fast fill time and quick-drain feature
- Left- or right-handed easy-lock doors
- Head pillow and seat cushion
- Anti-scald technology
- Grab bars
- Whirlpool jets
- Air jets
- Combo air and whirlpool jets
What Boca customers say
The majority of Boca's reviews are highly positive, with customers praising the tub's ease of access, low step-in height and relaxing, pain-relieving jets. Most mention that their experiences with the sales reps and installers were very positive and professional.
While customers are typically happy with the product, a couple of customers observed features they weren't fully satisfied with, such as the comfort of the seat or the surface texture of the flooring.
Independent Home sells walk-in tubs that increase bathroom safety and help manage pain. It offers tubs with water and air jets, aromatherapy, chromotherapy and more. It also has ADA-compliant safety features available. The company has nine walk-in tub models to choose from in addition to a walk-in shower option.
Independent Home offers a $1,500 certificate to help make costs more manageable. It also promises to shop loans on your behalf so you can find financing that works for you.
- Life Walk-In Bathtub: This is Independent Home’s most popular model. It has a 5-inch step, reflexology foot jets, a non-skid floor and seat and aromatherapy features.
- Dignity Walk-In Spa: This dual-massage tub boasts 30 three-speed air jets, eight oversized water jets, double ozone purification, 40-inch spa depth and a chromotherapy light system with rotating lights.
- Accessible Walk-In Bathtub: This model allows wheelchair users to transfer easily into the tub. The door is 37.5 inches and has a simple lever handle. The seat is also 21 inches high for easier accessibility.
- The Royal Walk-In Bathtub: This model gives users an accessible way to enjoy a standard, reclined bath. The contoured seat lowers and raises the bather with a button. It can accommodate up to 365 pounds and includes a battery backup for safety.
What Independent Home customers say
Independent Home has overall positive ratings on ConsumerAffairs.com for its walk-in tubs. Many customers cite the installation service as being professional and quick. Additionally, happy customers say the company is professional and offers competitive pricing.
Some customers say the tub takes a long time to fill, and others have had to purchase larger hot water tanks to accommodate the new walk-in tub. Whenever you're purchasing a walk-in tub, be sure to ask the representative if your water heater has sufficient capacity.
Bottom line: Boca or Independent Home?
Boca and Independent Home offer walk-in tubs that provide both safety and spa-like features. The most significant difference between the two companies is that Boca allows homeowners to build their ideal tub with conventional options. In contrast, Independent Home has a wider variety of accessibility options for those who need it.
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.