Boca vs. Ella’s Bubbles
What is the difference between Boca and Ella’s Bubbles?
Boca walk-in tubs come standard with a long list of safety features, air and water jets and a 2-inch step-in. The company also offers a wide variety of upgrade options. Ella’s Bubbles walk-in tubs also come with both air and water jets and plenty of options for upgrades and configurations, including independent foot jets for a relaxing foot massage.
- Boca is best for customers looking for a luxurious bathing experience in addition to a safe, accessible walk-in tub.
- Ella’s Bubbles is best for those who want fast drainage and plenty of options for accessibility.
Reputation on ConsumerAffairs
|Overall star rating||4.9||4.5|
|Verified customer reviews||Read reviews||Read reviews|
|Basic tub starting price||$7,000||$4,000|
|Installation included||Available for additional cost||DIY or local contractors (contractor network provided)|
|In-home quotes required||Varies by location||—|
|Warranty - Labor||One year when factory-trained installer is used||Varies by installer|
|Warranty - Parts||Lifetime||Five years|
|Warranty - Tub||Lifetime||Limited lifetime|
|$7,000||Available for additional cost||Varies by location||One year when factory-trained installer is used||Lifetime||Lifetime|
|$4,000||DIY or local contractors (contractor network provided)||—||Varies by installer||Five years||Limited lifetime|
Available walk-in tub types
|Step-in height||2 inches||6 inches|
|Grab bars included|
|Number of hydro jets||10||11 to 20|
|Number of air jets||18||13 to 20|
|Heated seats option|
|Heated backrest option|
|Remote control option||—|
|6 inches||11 to 20||13 to 20||—|
Services included with installation
|Bathroom door resizing||—|
|Old tub removal||—|
|Wall repair and repaint||—||—|
Boca walk-in tubs are highly customizable, with numerous upgrades and configured air and water jet options. In addition to luxury bathing options, Boca offers wheelchair-accessible, bariatric and two-seater walk-in tubs, and all tubs are designed with an internal frame that allows for a 2-inch step-in.
Boca can also upgrade your tub with a sound system, which helps the company stand apart from some of its competitors.
Boca sells several models of walk-in tubs and showers, including:
- Petite Narrow: This model fits in small bathrooms and through narrow hallways, and it could be the right fit for you if you have a mobile home. Recommended maximum user height is 6’2”, and it can fit people who weigh up to 210 pounds.
- Petite Short: This is Boca’s standard replacement for a 48-inch shower stall. It fits people up to 6 feet tall who weigh up to 280 pounds.
- Standard: Boca’s most popular model fits in most homes. It fits people up to 6’2” tall and 280 pounds.
- Wide: This model has a wider seat and a larger door for wheelchair or walker access. It fits people up to 6’4” tall and 450 pounds.
- Deep Soaker: This model lets you fill the water to above your shoulders, and it can accommodate people up to 6’2” tall and 320 pounds.
- Two-Seater: This tub features two seats facing each other with separate controls.
- Wide/Deep: This model has a larger seat and door for wheelchair and walker access. It fits people up to 6’6” tall and 450 pounds.
What Boca customers say
Of the company's positive reviews, customers were most likely to mention Boca's great customer service and its tubs’ accessibility, especially for those with disabilities or injuries. Customers were overwhelmingly happy with the service and product provided by Boca, so there are few complaints. However, of the company's 3-star reviewers, a couple expressed dissatisfaction in the 90-degree angle of the seat and the slippery floor surface.
Ella’s Bubbles carries a wide selection of walk-in tubs with various sizes and accessibility options. Luxury upgrades include heated backrest and seat, air bubbles, chromotherapy and ozone sterilization.
Ella’s Bubbles was the first walk-in tub manufacturer to offer a two-seater for two people to bathe together, and the company currently offers three companion models. It also offers exclusive dual-drain technology that includes two 2-inch drains for a super-fast drain time.
Ella’s Bubbles offers a 360-degree swivel tray that attaches to the tub to hold your book or glass of wine while you’re bathing. The company also has lay-down and hoist transfer walk-in tub models, which are hard to find from other manufacturers. The tubs are made of acrylic, which is nonporous and impervious to mold and mildew.
Ella’s Bubbles walk-in tubs come in multiple lines:
- Stainless steel door walk-in tubs
- U-shape outswing door walk-in tubs
- L-shape outswing door transfer walk-in tubs
- Lay-down walk-in tubs
- Two-seat walk-in tubs
- S-Class walk-in tubs
- Ultra S-shape door walk-in tubs
Each line has multiple models to choose from, with the models varying in size and features. Consult a contractor before purchasing a tub to ensure it fits in your bathroom and matches your current plumbing configuration.
What Ella’s Bubbles customers say
Reviewers of Ella's Bubbles are typically very happy with the company's customer service, jets, pain-management features and price. DIY installers found the installation process easy and straightforward. Negative reviews are primarily from customers who experienced installation, delivery or ordering issues.
Bottom line: Boca or Ella’s Bubbles?
Both Boca and Ella’s Bubbles offer a wide range of sizes and accessibility options for walk-in tubs. While Boca has many more options for customization and unique luxury upgrades, Ella’s Bubbles has expanded their wheelchair-accessible offerings to include a hoist transfer walk-in tub model, and they have three options for two-seater tubs. Ella’s Bubbles tubs are acrylic, while Boca uses fiberglass and gel coat material. Ella’s Bubbles also has a unique tempered glass and stainless steel door that looks stylish and modern.
- Boca offers a long list of upgrades not found elsewhere, such as a sound system and a Vibrosonic massage feature.
- For those who need a hoist transfer tub or want to choose which way the door opens, Ella’s Bubbles has you covered.
Walk-in tub costs are based on many factors, including the size of your bathroom, the size of the tub and the features you choose. Most companies work with you to help you find the best way to pay for your walk-in tub.
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.