4.00/5

Looking for a pest control company?

Parsippany, NJ

Bell Environmental Services is the pest control leader serving NY, NJ, CT, and PA customers since 1963. "Where's Roscoe? He's Workin'" Roscoe the Bed Bug Dog is our famous canine detective Roscoe who finds bed bugs in homes and offices. Bell's InstantFreeze stops bed bugs cold and is safe on furniture and electronics so you can keep bed while getting rid of your bugs. With Bell Environmental's exclusive safe, thorough, non-toxic, chemical free freezing program, we treat all the places where bed bugs hide (including all your furniture, computers, wall hangings) and you can stay in your home, keep your family safe, and don't have to thrown any furniture away. In addition to our bed bug solutions,

Bell Environmental has practiced "green" pest control for decades with a pesticide-free approach to eliminate problems in residential and commercial buildings. We are also a full service commercial pest control company that can solve any pest problem. Our pest, bird, and bed bug control services have been featured by ABC News, CNN, CNBC, Fox Business News, New York Post, The New York Times, and Wall Street Journal.

View More View More

Looking for a pest control company?

6 Bell Environmental Services Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I called Bell Environmental Services because we wanted to inspect our home for bedbugs. I was able to get an appointment on the very next Saturday. Mark ** showed up with K9 inspector Esmae on time and ready to inspect. They inspected all my rooms and the area where Esmae stopped, a thorough inspection was done. I did not have any bedbugs. Mark ** was very kind, considerate of my home and belongs. He explained the entire process on how they did the inspections and what they look for. The cost was well worth the inspection. I received a report via email before he left.

Bell Environmental Services response

Thank you for being a customer of Bell Environmental and sharing your good experience with our canine detection team. We were glad to clear your home of bed bugs and reassure your family that there were no bed bug issues. Bell Environmental is pleased to help in the future should you need us again.

Original review: April 26, 2018

We called Bell to inspect our house for a bug issue. After doing the inspection they told my wife we had bed bugs and it would cost $3100 plus tax to treat the house. I contacted them to try to understand why it would be so expensive and they explained the per room charge. The issue I had was they were charging me the same for treatment in rooms where they didn't find anything. Also, they claimed there were bugs in a room that no one has been in for several years. Lastly, it wasn't until after the fact that they told us we would require two treatments and it was $3100 plus tax PER TREATMENT.

Now we're talking about nearly $7000 on top of the $300 inspection charge. All of this gave me pause, so I called in another company. They did a canine inspection and found no signs of bed bugs at all - only carpet beetles. I then called in a third company and they confirmed that we had carpet beetles and not bed bugs. I can't say whether this is incompetence or a intentional deceit. What I do know is that I nearly paid $7000 for a problem that doesn't exist. I will also be reporting Bell to the BBB and disputing my credit card charge.

Bell Environmental Services response

I'm sorry this was your experience with Bell Environmental. We respect the desire for a 2nd opinion before treating. If you ask, we will reinspect with a new canine team at no charge. We’re often hired to check others’ results and have cleared homes where others alerted. As for treatment area, bed bugs require treating a wider area at least 2 times. It makes sense to adjacent areas to where there were alerts as bed bugs don’t stand still. We work with our clients on these decisions. Thank you.

Get expert buying tips about Pest Control delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 28, 2018

Called Bell on 2/7/2018. For bed bugs delivered with a mattress foundation from MY BOB'S. Bell came on 2/14 after ESME found bugs in 2 bedrooms. Paid extra for Bell to pack up and remove most items in both rooms for 2 weeks fumigation. Bell did an excellent job of packing and returning all items. I found no bugs after the freeze treatment on 2/14 and paid for the 2nd treatment when the packed items were returned. As of 3/28 still found nothing. I am very pleased with the company and the good job they did for me.

Resolution response: Feb. 15, 2018

After filing a complaint with the company about the billing, they responded promptly and were gracious enough to listen to my side of the story and agreed to refund the difference between what had I'd been told vs what their regular billing is. I appreciate their prompt response to a distressed customer.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

Bell Environmental told me their service was 2 treatments 2 weeks apart for $1,000(ish). Reality: $1,000+ for 1 single visit. EACH visit is $1,000, so their "treatment" is actually north of $2,000. They slip this tidbit into their service agreement, but will tell you otherwise if you ask on the phone. Prep List: My wife and I boxed up our entire 1 bedroom apartment. But, my wife is pregnant and we have a 2-year-old, so part of their process is to spray poison into the closets and seal them for 2 weeks. We obviously could not do this, so they listed our apartment as "not prepped". When we STILL had bedbugs over a month later, after both their visits, we boxed up everything in our closets as well and their exterminator almost left insisting we weren't "prepped" b/c the boxes were everywhere. He asked if we'd gotten the prep list, I said we had, pointing at our entire apartment in sealed plastic boxes, he responded: "And you couldn't follow it?"

I asked him if we needed to move out in order for him to do his job. After "checking with his boss" he said he could spray, but he wasn't sure he could do a good enough job. I offered to move boxes for him to get anywhere he wanted, which I did, and they sprayed everywhere they would have normally, but he still insisted our house wasn't "prepped". These practices are meant to actively deceive their clients into thinking they are getting a "thorough" extermination, but is actually meant to continue to charge their customers when they fail at their jobs. They also have no way of verifying if you still have bedbugs or not. They are as clueless as you.

Bell Environmental Services response

I’m sorry you reported a challenging experience with bed bugs & Bell Environmental. I'm glad that we worked together at all points to make sure your problems were resolved and the pricing reflected your expectations. Obviously things can get confusing while dealing with a stressful situation of bed bugs in your furniture, a young family, and preparing a full NYC apartment. We're glad that we met the challenge of resolving your family's bed bugs. Please reach out if we can provide further help.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2011

Bed Bugs are a stressful pest and a difficult and unfamiliar problem for most people to solve. At Bell Environmental, we are pleased to talk with customers about their questions regarding their bed bug treatment including key issues such as Why the biology of the bed bug means people need more than one treatment to eliminate these insects? Why customers need to treat their whole apartment when there are only signs of bed bugs in one room? How bed bug treatments compare to traditional pest control efforts and expenses?

At Bell Environmental, we strive to not only meet, but exceed industry and customer expectations. The quality of our processes is designed to give our customers the greatest likelihood of bed bug elimination in a safe, thorough and effective manner. Bell Environmental has been business almost 50 years, and we take customer service very seriously. We are always looking for customer feedback and would be happy to speak with any customers who have questions or concerns about a treatment they are looking to have performed, or any treatment they have received. If you have any concerns, questions, or comments, please contact Bell Environmental at 877-662-9991 or bedbugs@bell-environmental.com

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bell Environmental Services?

Original review: Dec. 24, 2010

After hiring bell environmental services for bed bug extermination, we were giving a lot of instruction to prepare for the extermination. Clothes, books, and paper had to be put in plastic bags. We were told that the beds would be taken apart when they got to the house which, did not happen. I am still being bit by these bed bugs after this first treatment which is very disappointing and bogus being that Roscoe the dog did not detect bed bugs to be in the master bedroom. I called them to notify them about this situation. I told them that me and my husband are still being bit by these bed bugs. They told me that I needed the second treatment which I knew that they were going to say.

For $500 per room you would expect the 1) First treatment to be so thorough that I would not need a second treatment that's why I find this to be bogus that someone is trying to get supper rich because the second treatment will also be $500 per room. This is too much money to waste for something that does not work.

Bell Environmental Services Company Information