4.3/5 (241 ratings)

About Bath Fitter

Bath Fitter is an acrylic bathtub, shower enclosure and tub-to-shower conversion company. The company’s bathtub refinishing products are custom molded to fit over existing fixtures for quick and clean bathroom renovations that last a lifetime. The company can complete installations in just one day.

Pros

• Next-day service
  • Demolition-free remodeling
  • Lifetime warranty on installation

Cons

• Regular cleaning required
  • Design consultation needed for quote

Bottom Line

Homes and commercial bathrooms in need of a quick remodel benefit from Bath Fitter’s next-day service and fast installation. Special care is required to maintain the new bathtub or shower, but it provides an affordable upgrade.

Top Bath Fitter Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

We called Bathfitter because our hallway bathroom was in terrible shape... The end result was fabulous. We now have an extremely beautiful tub and shower enclosure. Top notch inst...

Verified

[The installers] were kind and respectful of our home and explained their work as they proceeded in the project … We are delighted with our new shower. It has brightened up our ma...

How does Bath Fitter work?

Bath Fitter’s acrylic tub shells and walls can be installed over existing structures in as little as one day. Bath Fitter has locations in the U.S. and Canada, and its factory-trained and certified installation technicians provide homeowners and commercial clients with a demolition-free remodeling solution.

The process is simple:

1. Bath Fitter’s bathroom specialists measure the tub or shower, then custom-build the new structure in one of the company’s facilities.
  2. The current surface is cleaned and repaired.
  3. The new tub shell and wall are then installed over the existing tub or shower.

Customers can browse through Bath Fitter’s selection of shelves, soap dishes, towel bars, shower rods, trims and moldings on the company’s website. A “Design Your Own Bathroom” tool lets you design a bathtub or shower with different bases, colors, wall patterns and accessories to see what the finished product will look like.

Bath Fitter cost

Bath Fitter offers specialized services, so the cost varies based on each homeowner’s needs. The company recommends contacting its representatives for a custom solution and quote. You can schedule a free virtual consultation on Bath Fitter’s website, and the company’s services include a lifetime warranty that lasts for as long as you own your home.

Bath Fitter FAQ

What is the average cost of a Bath Fitter installation?
The average cost of a Bath Fitter installation depends on each homeowner’s or facility’s needs. Schedule a free consultation on the Bath Fitter website for a personalized price estimate.
How long does it take to install a bath fitter?
Bath Fitter can install your new bathtub or shower enclosure and walls in as little as one day.
What does Bath Fitter’s warranty cover?
Bath Fitter’s warranty covers acrylic bathtubs, tub surrounds, replacement showers and shower conversions.
Does Bath Fitter do plumbing?
Bath Fitter’s process doesn’t include demolition or plumbing work. Instead, the company places the new structure over your existing bathtub.
Does mold grow under a Bath Fitter shell?
Yes, mold or mildew can grow under a Bath Fitter enclosure. Regular maintenance is required to keep buildup or residue from growing.

Is Bath Fitter worth it?

Bath Fitter helps individuals remodel their bathrooms with little to no construction. The company’s demolition-free process is ideal for those who’d like to update their current bathtub or shower for aesthetic or safety reasons. While it’s challenging to determine the price of services upfront, Bath Fitter lets customers easily book a virtual design consultation for more information. We recommend Bath Fitter for customers in search of an affordable and noninvasive remodeling solution.

Bath Fitter Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

From Tamara our sales consultant to our installer and Julian who came to look at one small issue we had, all was top notch and 5 stars. Tamara took time to go over everything, she knew her product. It was not like the people who come and open a book and read all the information to you, she knows it through and through and that is a blessing. I had several companies give me a bid for this job and all the rest read me straight from the manual and that was not impressive. I want people who know the product and not have to flip through a book to answer a question. Install was done as promised 2 days and they were careful to be very clean. All I can say is I LOVE IT and I wish I would have done it years ago. I would recommend this to everyone.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Suzanne, thank you so much for your review! We're glad to hear everything was completed to your satisfaction!

Get buying tips about Bathroom Remodeling Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

I have just had the best experience with Jim the installer who arrived 15 minutes early and didn't stop till he was done 7 hours later. He started on removing the loose tiles and then removing the cast iron tub. The plumber, Lou, came and installed new plumbing. The center drain was situated right over an old beam but he was able to notch it out and install the drain. Once he was done Jim proceeded to put plywood where the tile had been and shore up where the base goes. Once it was all up Jim had me check where I wanted the grab bar, shelf and towel rack, and hand held shower. Also the curtain rod. Because I got a little smaller shower than the tub was I had a space on the floor and he cut a scrap to fill in the gap and is now ready for a piece of flooring to match the rest. This part of the house is over 200 years old and not easy to work with. They did an amazing job. Thank you so much.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Jane, thank you so much for your review! We are so thrilled to hear Jim was able to provide you with a great experience!!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

We expressed that the hot water wasn't coming out strongly. So Bath Fitter kept telling us that's how the water should come out because it's a low flow fixture. But we disagreed with their comment. My husband who's a plumber tried telling them something had to be in the fixture or pipe. But they told him he was wrong, they said the water on the hot side should come out that slowly.

My husband had them take out the stem of the new fixture and he saw pieces of grout from our walls that they broke up come out of the fixture. That was when my husband said pieces of grout had to be in the pipe and is between the pipe and fixture therefore obstructing the flow of water on the hot side. We asked them to fix issue but they were unprofessional. We got tired of fusing with them, so my husband fixed the issue by cutting the pipe, draining it and blowing air pressure through to remove the grout in the pipe. Management handled us very unprofessionally. We spent thousands of dollar to not be happy and for my husband to have to do plumbing work for something he already paid for.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Andrea, we are sorry to hear about this experience. We appreciate your feedback and will look into this matter further. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

The sales representative came to our house. We picked out the product we wanted. He was knowledgeable, helpful, and very kind. My husband and I know a professional workman who builds and renovates homes who was going to help remove the garden tub and put in the plumbing lines to prepare for the Bath Fitter installer. The sales rep took all the measurements and assured us of all the things that were important. We liked the fact that there is no grout, the product is mold free, there is a lifetime warranty, and also very important to us we wanted the shower walls to meet the ceiling. We signed the agreement and made our down payment in May and had a scheduled date for July 14. My husband and I do not mind waiting, it's a sign a company is busy.

Everything was ready to go, tub out and down to the concrete with plumbing in place. We decided to have a double shower head, why not?! The sales rep was ALWAYS so helpful when we texted and communicated. On July 14 the installer came and said the drain is opposite of what was recorded. Yes, this is correct. The tub drain was on the right but when it was all ripped out the drain was actually on the left. The pipe wrapped around the tub underneath. This wasn't something we knew would be an issue. It would be good when doing a project like this to have an installer pop out just to check or the sales rep to come back to verify, maybe they could have requested that we text pictures. Nonetheless that was no big deal. We don't mind waiting and getting the job done right.

We understand that we had a different project compared to someone just placing the product over their existing tub. When the installer (different than the first one on July 14) came back on July 30 he said the wall will not go to the ceiling. My heart sank! I really could have just cancelled the whole job. He said he was sent with a flat shower base. That was Greek to me. We never discussed shower base choices. Apparently there are two bases, flat base and a base with a six inch ridge. I said it was not acceptable that the shower walls come short of the ceiling when that was definitely discussed and confirmed with the sales rep. The installer got his boss on the phone. She then called me and said the sales rep did not order a wall to go to the ceiling. I was in shock and very disheartened.

I want you to know that the man who tore out the tub and did the plumbing asked me why he was not putting in a shower for me, I told him I was getting Bath Fitter because it has a lifetime warranty. He could have given me a wall up to the ceiling or anything else I wanted. My husband and I were very excited about the acrylic sleek look that we were getting from Bath Fitter with no mold, no grout! Now, the wall was a BIG issue. So the installer was SO kind and trying to work it out. He talked to his boss about getting the shower base with the six inch rim. She talked to me and said the shower base will come in around Nov 1. Again, that was fine. We don't mind waiting! With COVID things are backed up everywhere.

We don't mind waiting if it is going to be what we want. Lo and behold that day they found the proper base and another installer brought it over. Our installer said this will allow the wall to reach the ceiling. Well, it did not. SO sad, again I really just wanted to rip out the work that was done and cancel. Again, the installer was so kind but all the kindness in the world was not allowing our $5,600 shower walls meet the ceiling. We wanted the sleek look of the Genova finish all the way to the ceiling. Well, I felt there was no choice but to allow the installer to make a trim finish. It looks very professional but not at ALL what we wanted. You would look at the shower and say, "amazing!" "beautiful!" and have no idea that in my heart I'm disappointed.

When you are working with the sales rep be sure to help take measurements. We had no idea how the product actually worked. We did not know the walls are rolled out in a sheet and come in specific sizes. We should have had the larger roll ordered for our job. Or if there is no sheet big enough that needs to be known. If a customer believes the wall is going to the ceiling that is what should be done. If we hired our workman and he did not go to the ceiling with the tile we would say do it right or we don't pay.

Another issue we had is the shower base rim was scuffed up. We noticed this after the 24 hour wait to let everything dry. The Bath Fitter repair man came out the next day and buffed it up beautifully but there are a few scratches that will not buff out. They are very slight and cannot be seen only felt when you get down and brush your fingers over the finish.

Here is our advice:

Yes! Go with Bath Fitter. Our shower is beautiful.
    Take VERY precise measurements.
    KNOW the product and how it will all fit together.
    Inspect the product before it is installed.

This is a very reputable company.

Bath Fitter response

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with Bath Fitter. We are glad to hear that you are happy with the final product and should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to reach out. Thank you and have a great day!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

Updated on 04/01/2021: BathFitter did a great job installing my shower. The crew was very professional and courteous and the finished project is tip-top, so much so that I hired them to do my 2nd bathroom also. They delivered what was proposed and promised. I recommend BathFitter to anyone without hesitation. I feel that if they're good enough for me surely they're good enough for anyone else, especially senior citizens and older/disabled Veterans subject to VA HISA Grants.

Original Review: The work crew for Bath Fitter did an excellent job and I am very pleased with their work; furthermore, I am so pleased that I contracted Bath Fitter to install another shower providing the same 3 crew members perform the task (Derek, Chris & Louis). I also conveyed my sentiments to the VA officials who oversee the VA HISA Grants so they also know what a great job Bath Fitter completed.

Thank you.

U. E. CHAPA

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Uvaldo! We are glad to hear everything was completed to your satisfaction!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2021

My wife and I are happy with the installation. The only part we are not at all happy with is the water pressure. Prior to your work we had a lot of pressure and the plumbing guy you sent out was late, rude, and made us feel like we were inconveniencing him. That first day we did not even have hot water at first until one of you people called and tried to walk me through adjusting it my self. We got hot water, but just and have been just putting up with the low pressure since. Not happy!

Bath Fitter response

Hi Eugene, we're sorry to hear about this issue. We'll have the local team reach out to help address the water pressure issue. Thanks for letting us know.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2021

Bath Fitter of Erie, PA made the remodel of our shower a nightmare. First they canceled install 2 days before install date, they did not check for leaks and the drain leaked, they damaged the wood trim around the shower with a pry bar during demolition, both shower doors have a 1/2" gap which allows water onto walls and floor, the one shower door opens of its own free will and only a month after install they have to come back to adjust the doors. I would never recommend to anyone Bath Fitter and especially Bath Fitter of Erie, PA.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback Ruth Ann. We are sorry to hear about these issues and that your experience with Bath Fitter of Erie was not a positive one. We will share your feedback with the local team. We understand they have an appointment set for January 6th to correct the shower door. Please let me know if there is anything else we can do to assist.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2021

I am disappointed to write this - but our experience was awful, the timelines were not communicated, and Bath Fitter seemed to need to come back to my home quite a bit. The design consultation: Our Sales Person needed to measure 3 different times, ordered the wrong parts and gave no idea of timeline for installation. Installation: 2 months later we can finally install! Only to find out that the valve I was told they needed to order for us was for Moen fixtures only? We had Delta fixtures - which was consistent from when the salesperson initially spoke to us to install date, with no indication of that being an issue - until we couldn't install because we didn't have a valve. Installation attempt #2: 4 days later, no window for time when they would arrive - missed a wedding shower for a wedding my husband and I are both in... They installed but we had no hot water coming from the tap (This was discovered a couple of days later).

Installation fix #1: After calling and being passed around on the phone, Donna was able to get the installer out to fix the hot water issue. We were having guests in town and having a working shower was really critical. My being very direct that this needed to be fixed NOW, on the 3rd attempt, was absolutely necessary. Donna decided to tell the installer I was having a "meltdown". Both Professionalism and Sexism are being tested. The installer comes in no mask (I dont mind but I like to be at least asked...) and starts to call me SWEETIE, and INFORM ME THAT I WAS HAVING A MELTDOWN ACCORDING TO DONNA - which is why he was here.

I show him the fixture in question, and note that it is not installed correctly - it looks "ajar" as well as no hot water. I note I have renovated a bathroom with the same fixture selection at a previous home and this should not be the case. I wanted him out of my house. I settled for my shower controls to look poorly installed (but at least hot water) so he would just leave. I called to confront Donna about this - no answer no response. Here this review is... $8k later - offended with a poorly installed product.

Bath Fitter response

Mrs. Berry, we are sorry to hear about this experience and we take these comments very seriously. We will be looking into these concerns further. We understand our team spoke to your husband regarding this matter and was able to achieve a resolution. If there is anything else, please do not hesitate to reach out. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2021

The start date for project was delayed due to the lack of materials. This was likely due to the current government policies. Installation went smoothly and was of good quality. However, there was a few minor problems we disagreed with. These were due to delay of shipment and lack of communication when consulting with salesman. The salesman and management were quick and agreeable to resolve these issues. However, we find ourselves in the situation of lack of receiving goods and shortage of manpower. We would give a better rating if the problems were taken care of. We don't believe that they are not trying hard enough, it seems that everywhere and everyone are having this problem.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Dec. 13, 2021

Salesperson came twice to measure but apparently that wasn't enough. Top header and glass doors were short. All fixtures (spout, diverter and showerhead) are not aligned with drain. Still waiting for header and glass door and it's been ten and counting. No compensation expressed.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Andy, we apologize for these issues. We understand our team has been in contact to address this matter further. Please let us know if you require further assistance. Thank you.

Bath Fitter Company Information