2. Homeowners
  3. Bathroom Remodeling

4.3/5 (204 ratings)

About Bath Fitter

Bath Fitter is an acrylic bathtub, shower enclosure and tub-to-shower conversion company. The company’s bathtub refinishing products are custom molded to fit over existing fixtures for quick and clean bathroom renovations that last a lifetime. The company can complete installations in just one day.

Pros

• Next-day service
    • Demolition-free remodeling
    • Lifetime warranty on installation

Cons

• Regular cleaning required
    • Design consultation needed for quote

Bottom Line

Homes and commercial bathrooms in need of a quick remodel benefit from Bath Fitter’s next-day service and fast installation. Special care is required to maintain the new bathtub or shower, but it provides an affordable upgrade.

Top Bath Fitter Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

We called Bathfitter because our hallway bathroom was in terrible shape... The end result was fabulous. We now have an extremely beautiful tub and shower enclosure. Top notch inst...

Verified

[The installers] were kind and respectful of our home and explained their work as they proceeded in the project … We are delighted with our new shower. It has brightened up our ma...

How does Bath Fitter work?

Bath Fitter’s acrylic tub shells and walls can be installed over existing structures in as little as one day. Bath Fitter has locations in the U.S. and Canada, and its factory-trained and certified installation technicians provide homeowners and commercial clients with a demolition-free remodeling solution.

The process is simple:

1. Bath Fitter’s bathroom specialists measure the tub or shower, then custom-build the new structure in one of the company’s facilities.
    2. The current surface is cleaned and repaired.
    3. The new tub shell and wall are then installed over the existing tub or shower.

Customers can browse through Bath Fitter’s selection of shelves, soap dishes, towel bars, shower rods, trims and moldings on the company’s website. A “Design Your Own Bathroom” tool lets you design a bathtub or shower with different bases, colors, wall patterns and accessories to see what the finished product will look like.

Bath Fitter cost

Bath Fitter offers specialized services, so the cost varies based on each homeowner’s needs. The company recommends contacting its representatives for a custom solution and quote. You can schedule a free virtual consultation on Bath Fitter’s website, and the company’s services include a lifetime warranty that lasts for as long as you own your home.

Bath Fitter FAQ

What is the average cost of a Bath Fitter installation?
    The average cost of a Bath Fitter installation depends on each homeowner’s or facility’s needs. Schedule a free consultation on the Bath Fitter website for a personalized price estimate.
    How long does it take to install a bath fitter?
    Bath Fitter can install your new bathtub or shower enclosure and walls in as little as one day.
    What does Bath Fitter’s warranty cover?
    Bath Fitter’s warranty covers acrylic bathtubs, tub surrounds, replacement showers and shower conversions.
    Does Bath Fitter do plumbing?
    Bath Fitter’s process doesn’t include demolition or plumbing work. Instead, the company places the new structure over your existing bathtub.
    Does mold grow under a Bath Fitter shell?
    Yes, mold or mildew can grow under a Bath Fitter enclosure. Regular maintenance is required to keep buildup or residue from growing.

Is Bath Fitter worth it?

Bath Fitter helps individuals remodel their bathrooms with little to no construction. The company’s demolition-free process is ideal for those who’d like to update their current bathtub or shower for aesthetic or safety reasons. While it’s challenging to determine the price of services upfront, Bath Fitter lets customers easily book a virtual design consultation for more information. We recommend Bath Fitter for customers in search of an affordable and noninvasive remodeling solution.

Bath Fitter Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

I have just had the best experience with Jim the installer who arrived 15 minutes early and didn't stop till he was done 7 hours later. He started on removing the loose tiles and then removing the cast iron tub. The plumber, Lou, came and installed new plumbing. The center drain was situated right over an old beam but he was able to notch it out and install the drain. Once he was done Jim proceeded to put plywood where the tile had been and shore up where the base goes. Once it was all up Jim had me check where I wanted the grab bar, shelf and towel rack, and hand held shower. Also the curtain rod. Because I got a little smaller shower than the tub was I had a space on the floor and he cut a scrap to fill in the gap and is now ready for a piece of flooring to match the rest. This part of the house is over 200 years old and not easy to work with. They did an amazing job. Thank you so much.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Jane, thank you so much for your review! We are so thrilled to hear Jim was able to provide you with a great experience!!

Get buying tips about Bathroom Remodeling Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

We expressed that the hot water wasn't coming out strongly. So Bath Fitter kept telling us that's how the water should come out because it's a low flow fixture. But we disagreed with their comment. My husband who's a plumber tried telling them something had to be in the fixture or pipe. But they told him he was wrong, they said the water on the hot side should come out that slowly.

My husband had them take out the stem of the new fixture and he saw pieces of grout from our walls that they broke up come out of the fixture. That was when my husband said pieces of grout had to be in the pipe and is between the pipe and fixture therefore obstructing the flow of water on the hot side. We asked them to fix issue but they were unprofessional. We got tired of fusing with them, so my husband fixed the issue by cutting the pipe, draining it and blowing air pressure through to remove the grout in the pipe. Management handled us very unprofessionally. We spent thousands of dollar to not be happy and for my husband to have to do plumbing work for something he already paid for.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Andrea, we are sorry to hear about this experience. We appreciate your feedback and will look into this matter further. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

The sales representative came to our house. We picked out the product we wanted. He was knowledgeable, helpful, and very kind. My husband and I know a professional workman who builds and renovates homes who was going to help remove the garden tub and put in the plumbing lines to prepare for the Bath Fitter installer. The sales rep took all the measurements and assured us of all the things that were important. We liked the fact that there is no grout, the product is mold free, there is a lifetime warranty, and also very important to us we wanted the shower walls to meet the ceiling. We signed the agreement and made our down payment in May and had a scheduled date for July 14. My husband and I do not mind waiting, it's a sign a company is busy.

Everything was ready to go, tub out and down to the concrete with plumbing in place. We decided to have a double shower head, why not?! The sales rep was ALWAYS so helpful when we texted and communicated. On July 14 the installer came and said the drain is opposite of what was recorded. Yes, this is correct. The tub drain was on the right but when it was all ripped out the drain was actually on the left. The pipe wrapped around the tub underneath. This wasn't something we knew would be an issue. It would be good when doing a project like this to have an installer pop out just to check or the sales rep to come back to verify, maybe they could have requested that we text pictures. Nonetheless that was no big deal. We don't mind waiting and getting the job done right.

We understand that we had a different project compared to someone just placing the product over their existing tub. When the installer (different than the first one on July 14) came back on July 30 he said the wall will not go to the ceiling. My heart sank! I really could have just cancelled the whole job. He said he was sent with a flat shower base. That was Greek to me. We never discussed shower base choices. Apparently there are two bases, flat base and a base with a six inch ridge. I said it was not acceptable that the shower walls come short of the ceiling when that was definitely discussed and confirmed with the sales rep. The installer got his boss on the phone. She then called me and said the sales rep did not order a wall to go to the ceiling. I was in shock and very disheartened.

I want you to know that the man who tore out the tub and did the plumbing asked me why he was not putting in a shower for me, I told him I was getting Bath Fitter because it has a lifetime warranty. He could have given me a wall up to the ceiling or anything else I wanted. My husband and I were very excited about the acrylic sleek look that we were getting from Bath Fitter with no mold, no grout! Now, the wall was a BIG issue. So the installer was SO kind and trying to work it out. He talked to his boss about getting the shower base with the six inch rim. She talked to me and said the shower base will come in around Nov 1. Again, that was fine. We don't mind waiting! With COVID things are backed up everywhere.

We don't mind waiting if it is going to be what we want. Lo and behold that day they found the proper base and another installer brought it over. Our installer said this will allow the wall to reach the ceiling. Well, it did not. SO sad, again I really just wanted to rip out the work that was done and cancel. Again, the installer was so kind but all the kindness in the world was not allowing our $5,600 shower walls meet the ceiling. We wanted the sleek look of the Genova finish all the way to the ceiling. Well, I felt there was no choice but to allow the installer to make a trim finish. It looks very professional but not at ALL what we wanted. You would look at the shower and say, "amazing!" "beautiful!" and have no idea that in my heart I'm disappointed.

When you are working with the sales rep be sure to help take measurements. We had no idea how the product actually worked. We did not know the walls are rolled out in a sheet and come in specific sizes. We should have had the larger roll ordered for our job. Or if there is no sheet big enough that needs to be known. If a customer believes the wall is going to the ceiling that is what should be done. If we hired our workman and he did not go to the ceiling with the tile we would say do it right or we don't pay.

Another issue we had is the shower base rim was scuffed up. We noticed this after the 24 hour wait to let everything dry. The Bath Fitter repair man came out the next day and buffed it up beautifully but there are a few scratches that will not buff out. They are very slight and cannot be seen only felt when you get down and brush your fingers over the finish.

Here is our advice:

Yes! Go with Bath Fitter. Our shower is beautiful.
      Take VERY precise measurements.
      KNOW the product and how it will all fit together.
      Inspect the product before it is installed.

This is a very reputable company.

Bath Fitter response

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with Bath Fitter. We are glad to hear that you are happy with the final product and should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to reach out. Thank you and have a great day!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2020

I cannot say enough about Zack the installer for Bath Fitter. He was by far outstanding and very professional. My wife and I truly love the finished installation. The problem I had with Bath Fitter was the lack of communication on their part. My installer started the job and the next day was off due to an injury which no one advised me of after making several calls to the main office. Finally after 3 days I contacted the salesman that came to our home Jim who also is outstanding. I explained to him that after waiting 3 months for the installation to start and finally got started with bathroom being stripped down for installation but no one has returned after day one, and that I had called three times and left messages as to what was going on that finally he was able to have someone contact me on the 4th day to inform me of what happened. I told them that it would have been nice if someone would have contacted myself or my wife as to the delay.

So with all that the final installation looks fantastic thanks to one of the hardest working young men I know. (Zack) Bath Fitter should award this young man because he was a perfectionist in his completed work. I then thanked Zack and explained to him because of the three month waiting for installation and the problems that happened after day one that I was going to wait 30 days to make sure there were no problems with the installation. I have done this because if there is Bath Fitter would address the issue or issues if any in a responsible time frame due to me still owing a considerable balance. Once the 30 days are up I will go to the Bath Fitter's location in Evansville and make my final payment. Other than that your installers are the best and the products look exceptional. Thank you so much and sorry for the final payment delay. Sincerely Steven **

Bath Fitter response

Thank you so much for your great review Steven! We are so thrilled to hear Zack was able to go above and beyond to complete everything to your satisfaction. Thank you for your business!!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2020

This is not the first time I have worked with Bath Fitter. I had 2 installations in Florida. My first call to the Lenexa office was met with a friendly and energetic voice. The return call to set the appointment happened within an hour. The sales person who came to the house was on time and was very nice, informative and very helpful. (sorry, I don't remember his name) I received the call after the visit by the salesman with the appointment date and time for the installation. I was sent follow-up emails and phone calls about the upcoming appointment.

The day of the appointment Josh called to give me the time he would arrive. He arrived and there was an issue with finding the correct shut off for the water. Josh was very patient and after the previous owner stopped by and showed us the correct shut offs for the bathroom Josh began his work. I can't say enough about Josh. He was very friendly, experienced, and flexible. He was a joy to have at our house and worked very hard to complete the job. He continued to work into the evening to finish the job. There was one issue with equipment that will be fixed the next day. The issue was with faulty equipment and not Josh. I thank Bath Fitter for their professionalism, products and willingness to make sure that the customer is fully satisfied. A special thanks to Josh!

Bath Fitter response

Thank you so much for sharing your great experience Fredrick! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction. Thank you for your business again!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

It's been over a month since installation and still no working shower. Leaked water in the condo below me, did a quick fix, and STILL leaking water. I've been patient, but someone need to get it right. Bath Fitter got paid, but I can't seem to get what I paid for which is a working shower. My old shower was working perfect until installation happened and now I don't have a shower and the neighbor below me has an open ceiling waiting for someone to come fix the pipe. Just horrible!

Bath Fitter response

Hi Rita, we understand the plumber visited you on 10/6 and was able to correct the leak. We also have a contractor going out to fix the ceiling below. Please let us know if you require further assistance. Thank you.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

First time calling Bath Fitter in the beginning of September this year 2021 for questing about their services. Bath fitter did install it 3 years ago, but there is red and black mold started to grow all over the area, we tried to clean it with what they recommended when they installed it, but nothing can take the mold out? When I made the call I ask them that (what can we do to get red of the mold)? The customer service woman “Casey” said they can come and clean it for free, they are a lifetime warranty. I confirmed with her every things. About 8 days later I called to schedule. They switch me to the office nearby me in Philadelphia. After I made number of call talking to Natasha, Casey & Kiara and explain to every single one of them about the problem we have they set up an appointment to clean the mold for free and spray the floor for $377.00 after they clean it to protect from sliding and falling.

A day before the appointment no one call to confirm, I called over 7 time and left 2 messages then call again and someone finally confirm with me and said “Yes we will be there tomorrow from 2 To 4." The minute I hang up my phone “Kiara” called and want to cancel the appointment because the installer have a car accident? I was not happy to hear that, Asked to see if they can send someone else to take care of it. After I was on hold she said, "Our schedule is very much booked" and they don’t have appointment for another month or so? Then she said, "We don’t clean the mold that we only reinstall the silicon in between the edge? And we are so booked right now I can’t schedule you?"

I am so frustrated upside & very angry with the customer service that they promise to do the job then they backed up? The communication with the customer service department is so horrible. When I asked to speak with her boss she connecting me with “Michael **” that he have no information about me and the job? I have to repeat myself again to every one of them and he still can’t reschedule me yet? He said he don’t have the schedule on him? I am still waiting to hear from them tomorrow but so far I am very unhappy how they handle this service call. If they told me from the beginning/from day one they don’t do that kind of work, I will be fine but not after waiting number of weeks with them to act like that a day before the service? So far I can only say:

- Bad customer service.
      - Horrible communication skill.

- Awful way to treat anyone.

What do you think? Would I recommend “Bath Fitter” after all of this to anyone?? I am waiting to hear from the manager tomorrow?

Bath Fitter response

Hi Adam, our team has been in contact to discuss further. We have waived the fee and will replace the silicone and apply the non-slip coating at no charge. Thank you for reaching out.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

Well done. Fast good workmanship. Experienced technician. Work on schedule. Knowledgeable. Attention to details. Prompt. Cost reasonable. Warranty satisfactory. Very satisfactory appearance of finished bathroom. Easy to clean. Information on cleaning furnished. How do I clean water stain?

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

Very accommodating and professional. My mistake caused a problem and they resolved the issue with a timely response. The enclosure looks great! We are very pleased with the results and are moving forward with completing the bathroom makeover which includes new flooring, vanity and mirrors.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

Bath Fitter did a great job meeting with us and spending time to go over every little detail before ever asking us to commit to anything. They came to our house and took measurements and did all the heavy lifting long before install so that when install day did finally arrive, they knew exactly what needed to be done and what finishes were being used. I was renovating the rest of the bathroom by myself and they were happy to work with me and talk through questions I had about the how the seams and seals would meet where I was still working. They were in and out in a day and they were extremely friendly and professional.

Bath Fitter Company Information