ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.32/5

Bath Fitter is North America's leading acrylic bathtub, shower enclosure and tub-to-shower conversion company. Our bathtub refinishing products are custom molded to fit over existing fixtures for quick and clean bathroom renovations that last a lifetime. Best of all, we can complete the installation in just one day without compromising quality.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More
Bath Fitter(888) 782-7818

Bath Fitter Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

The Bath Fitter rep was telling me that they could put in a brand-new bathtub, but I told him that I was not looking for a tub over a tub. I wanna get rid of the old tub. He told me that they have brand-new tubs. I then asked him if they were the stainless steel with the enamel on them. He replied no, and that they were acrylic. I said that was good and that was even better.

The rep then explained the whole process about putting in what they call a retainer, like you have on your hot water tank, which is a basin underneath the tub. And that was great. So if something ever happens to the tub and accidentally punctures through, at least the tub won't leak all over the floor. It will leak right into the retaining tub until I can get the thing drained. He also explained the acrylic wall, and I was very impressed with the caulking. It is some type of special caulking that doesn't yellow or shrink up. I didn't believe him until I saw it put in, then I was convinced that it really does not shrink up and it really looks nice and goes on nice too.

John, the salesperson, came out to talk to me about exactly what I wanted. He looked at everything and he confirmed with me that I wanted a shower and a bath tub. I told him yes, and then he asked me if I wanted a walk-in shower. I told him no and that I wanted a shower and a bath tub. I also wanted a handheld shower head and a shower head. And he told me that they could do that. He then explained that they would put in the three quarter inch plywood and reinforce it, and he asked me how many safety bars I wanted. I told him two. One at the entrance as you are going into the tub so you can hold on to it, and then one while you're in the tub that you can get up out of. He said okay, and then he measured everything.

After that, the pre-installer came out and he did his job by measuring everything and verifying where everything was and what to turn off. I just had plumbing redone in the house with plumbing, so I had to turn off valves everywhere. So they didn't even have to turn the water off, and they could just turn the water off going to the tub.

The installer came out, and he did a marvelous job. He tore everything out, put the plywood up, and encased the window that was there in acrylic, which John had already measured for. It really looked fabulous. I was very, very satisfied, and then he put a toilet in for me. And it only took him two days to do it. Then he got rid of all the old stuff, so I didn't have to mess with any of that crap.

I then decided to get my main bathroom done. I had a garden tub and an old shower that was too small to stand in or sit in, even though it had a bench. So John came back out and looked at it and gave me an estimate on it and we signed a contract. The same installation guy came out, and he tore out the old shower, and put plywood up instead of drywall, so I can put shelves in there. He put the three quarter-inch plywood up and I can now build my shelves in there, and then put cupboard doors on it, and it'll be a big old cupboard.

They put this walk-in shower with glass doors. It's 4 x 6 in the shower itself, and then the bench is on the back end, and they encased all that in acrylic, and they put up a sidewall. So the sidewall is on the back where the bench is. When you're sitting on the bench, you can sit back there and nobody can see you. It was all done very, very nicely. The only thing was he got me a handheld shower and I had to buy a holder for it. So if I'm sitting on the bench and wanna shave my legs, I can just hook the thing there and turn the thing off and turn it on when I want to. It's like living in luxury.

It was a massive project. It took him two full days to do it, but he had to cut my shutoff valves off. I asked him why he did that and he replied that he couldn't reach them. But I showed him this big open panel that he could access the water, and he said he forgot about that. When he left, I thought about it, and the next day I called Bath Fitter back up and told them that I paid good money for those shutoff valves, and I wanted a shutoff valve put back on. I had four of them, two cold water and two hot water, and he took all of them. Also, he cut off the pipes going up to the shower and he kept off the drain. His brother came back two days later and put the shutoff valves on and they work fine and everything was good. So it was good response. If I had a problem, I could call Bath Fitter and they would fix it. I was very pleased. If I had any more projects, I'd have Bath Fitter do them.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Estelle, thank you for sharing your wonderful experience!!

Get expert buying tips about Bathroom Remodeling Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

We bought a house to fix up and rent in Ocean View, Delaware, which is close to the ocean. The water here is 90% iron and 10% water. So, the tub looked like a dinosaur's teeth. It was yellow and brown. We had to replace it, so we had a contractor come and look and gave us a price, and it was good. And then we said, "Let's do what Bath Fitter says." So, we called Bath Fitter and they gave us a price that was a bit higher, but they promised us that they'd fix any walls behind that were bad that they couldn't see. And the contractor didn't promise that. He said it would be more if there was problems. The Bath Fitter salesman came and he had a bit of a pitch, but he did a good job.

When we signed the contract, their reps said they would be there on a certain day, and they were there. A guy came first to make sure that the salesman measured everything right. And then he said, "Everything's right. This is what it's gonna be." And they had a bit of a problem because the size we needed for some reason wasn't in stock. But it came two days later than they said it would. So, they got in there and took it apart. They found some problems that they needed to fix and they got everything fixed in a timely manner. Everything was good.

When they pulled up the floor, I saw that the dryer for the washer and dryer was on the other side of the wall from the bathroom because the water's right there. Whoever hooked up the dryer just took the pipe that comes out of the box out of the bottom and stuck it down under the floor. I got another piece of the dryer vent pipe and they hooked it up for me. They didn't even charge me anymore. They were under there and just did it, and I was happy with it. The whole thing took three months. Shortly after it was done, we had renters move in. But I have been in there a couple of times because they had another problem. The hose came off the washing machine that dumps the water out. So I had to go there and I looked and saw that it looked good. Everything was still clean. The guy guaranteed absolutely that it would not stain.

We did have a little problem with our water system that we had put in to stop the iron. And there has been no marks at all from the iron water. So we got that fixed too. Everything has been great. It would've been better if it was less money, but it was worth what we got. The guys came when they said they would be, they called, they were courteous, and they put down paper on the floor when they walk in and out. They did a great job and they were totally professional. I've already recommended Bath Fitter and I would continue to recommend them. I had a wonderful experience with them.

Bath Fitter response

Hi William, thank you for your review! We're glad to hear everything was completed to your satisfaction!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

When we decided to have tub to shower conversion, we didn’t know who we were gonna get. So, we went to a home show in Voorhees. There were six or seven companies that do shower work and tub work, and we did go to two of them. We knew the representative who works for one them, but we felt that the money that we would pay for Bath Fitter, based on their reputation and guarantees, would be worth it for us in the long run. We did not wanna spend a lesser amount of money, have the work done, and then have to worry about it. We wanted a quality product that we wouldn’t have to worry about so we decided to go with Bath Fitter.

We filled up the card and they called us, and their sales rep came to our home. We showed him the bathroom, how the tub was there, and he was very observant. He noted how many shampoo bottles and things we had around the tub. So, he knew right away how big of a shelving unit we were gonna need. He did preliminary measurements and he went over the different options thoroughly so we understood it. Our interaction was very nice and relaxed, we didn’t feel rushed, which we really liked. He called the next day to double check with us if we had any further questions. And I like that they did that because sometimes, you don’t think of something when the person’s there. But he was so thorough and gave us such good information that we didn’t have any more questions. We got a coupon at this home show that he was able to put towards our price so that was a nice little added bonus.

Another person came out on our agreed time and double checked the measurements. I wanted to wait a little bit to have the work done, because I was having work done in my kitchen and other work done in my bathroom such as such as new flooring and new walls by a separate contractor that we had. Both Bath Fitters and my contractor agreed that Bath Fitter should do their work last. So, I had to wait to get the work done first. The Bath Fitter rep said, “Bath Fitter is gonna call you and try to set up your appointment, but every month, you just say you wanna wait a month. I wanna wait a month.’” I thought I was gonna wait until September to have it done, but we ended up moving some money around and being able to afford to do it sooner, and the work was done in our bathroom end of July, beginning of August.

I thought there would be a few people, but my bathroom is small so a few people wouldn’t really fit in there to do it. But the one that came the first day did hard work. He was pounding to get everything out of there. And then, the second day, he actually had a helper who came and helped them put in some things. So, it was a two-day work and everything went fine. I really like how they protected my carpeting between the front door and where the bathroom is. They laid the tarp cloth down and made sure that we wouldn’t trip on them. Throughout the whole process, the installers, the salesman and the measurement guy made the appointment and showed up when they were supposed to show up. They worked hard and it was all done.

They have in writing that we can only use certain products on the surface and they were very explicit to make sure of that, otherwise, we might ruin the surface. So, I read through it and I picked one of the products. But it has bleach in it and it bothers me with my lungs to use that product. They’re fine, but I don’t like using that stuff. I’m gonna have to go back to the literature and look at the other products on the list. That was my only issue but that’s my fault. It’s just awful, that bleach smell even with the windows open. Bath Fitter is an expensive product, but I figured we deserved it.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Ellen, thank you for sharing your experience! We are so glad to hear everything was completed to your satisfaction! Thank you for your business.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

Bath Fitter did our bathroom 10 years ago. I used them again when I wanted my other bathroom done in one day. This time, we ended up having them tear the tub out and we had a full shower put in. Everything was pretty well standard with what we picked out. The sales rep was really good. He showed us all the different colors that we could get the wall in and the designs. I wanted the marble look because I wanted it to go with the counters that we were putting in. We tore out the whole bathroom and we had it all done before they put in the shower. All they did was put in the shower and they caulked all around where the tub met the floor. It came out very nicely and I'm very happy with it. I like that the shower is big.

I would and have recommended Bath Fitter to people. I was shocked that they got the tub out of there. Only one man did that. I have a two-story house and the guy had no problem making it down my steps. He cleaned up after themselves well and I was just really impressed. They did a nice job which I knew they would because they did a nice job the first time.

There was another thing that I liked. I had called Bath Fitter to come out and recaulk my other bathroom that they had done. They came back two or three times and recaulked it because it looked bad and it started making it look old. The guy was so nice. I told him about the side peelings on the walls of the glass that they put. I didn't know why the paint started peeling off but it looked terrible. I have slider doors on the bathtub so you still have to step in to get into the bathtub. I asked the guy if there was any way that I could have them replaced. I was gonna pay for it and everything.

He told me that everything was under warranty and that was a shock to me. I was so impressed that their warranty is a lifetime one. He let me pick stuff out. He said they don't make the doors anymore but they would totally replace them. I got him to match my other bathroom. The brushed nickel is what they both are now. Before, they were white and the paint was peeling off.

I also told the guy that the paint had all worn off on my faucets and he said that was under my warranty too. He added they would replace my faucets. I got him to match both bathrooms. It was just so nice that they did that. They changed the showerhead and everything. The showerheads and the faucets are all the same, even though I got the full glass doors in the walk-in shower. The guy told me too that if the glass would ping or anything like that, they would replace the glass doors. No questions asked.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience Dorothy! We are so glad to hear Bath Fitter was able to ensure your satisfaction once again!!

Original review: April 17, 2019

I wanted a tub enclosure and I didn't need to get the whole bathroom done. I kinda knew what the parameters were price-wise. Bath Fitter fit perfectly within what I needed. We did this in December and they said it was gonna be a couple of months. They would call me when it was gonna be due. A couple of months went by and nobody called so I called Bath Fitter and asked them when they were gonna do it. It turned out to be longer than what I expected. But that was fine. They told me one of their installers had gotten hurt and they could not get to me until the end of the month.

But I got a call from the scheduler and it was over a month before they were gonna be able to get it done. She asked if it was okay if they came the next day. I cursed at the lady and was like, "What the hell are you all doing? Why can't we get on the same page with this thing?" One thing led to another, we had a falling out, and I hung up on her. But she called me back and I apologized to her. I got that straightened out with her. It was a misunderstanding. She caught me at a bad time and I caught her at a bad time. She was very professional.

But the same can't be said during the installation. I talked to a supervisor and at the time I told him that I have a shower curtain and a toilet seat that I needed to get put on. He told me that was not in the contract. I asked if I could still have them put it on. He said that I had to give them a couple of dollars and they would put it on there for me. But when their guy came in, he didn't wanna do it and that just left a bad taste in my mouth. He kept telling me that he would get in trouble if he did what I asked. I told him I talked to his supervisor but he still wouldn't do it.

When you get to be a senior citizen, you just want people to be straight with you. I was spending my money and Bath Fitter got $2,000 from me. They should try to show me a little respect. That was all I was asking for. Other than that, the guy really did a great job at what he did and he did the whole job by himself. I'm still satisfied. I have a cousin who is a plumber and I was gonna have him do what I asked regarding the toilet seat. As a matter of fact, that toilet seat is still sitting up there now.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Charles, thank you for your review. We're glad to hear you are ultimately satisfied with the work. We will make sure to pass your feedback along to our branch. Thank you!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

When returning a call to schedule my installation, I called the number left in my voicemail and selected the appropriate option. It would ring once or twice, then a message saying "all circuits are busy" would come on. I was left with no option to leave a voicemail or wait in a queue. I called an 800 number for customer service and received an error message.

The ccx second time I dialed, I received a person and was told that the error message was given because everyone else had a call. Again, this number had no queue or anything. She also told me the reason I got the original all circuits are busy message was because the women's office for installation was closed. It was only 4:45pm which I would assume would be inconvenient for most customers that work during the day and cannot return calls until later.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Jennifer, thank you for letting us know. We understand our team has been able to get your installations schedules and we have escalated this issue to our IT team to resolve it.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

Just had mine installed today by Treavor And William and I have to say what a team these two guys are. They carried a conversation between each other while they worked and not one foul word was said. Highly skilled at what they do and didn't stop for lunch but grabbed a bite here and there from the van as they got tools and materials as they needed them. They truly take pride in the work they do. Drop cloths in place and booties on boots and left like they never came except I have a brand new bathroom shower / tub unit. It was worth every penny spent.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Jeffrey, thank you for sharing your experience! We are so glad to hear Treavor and William were able to complete everything to your satisfaction. Thank you for your business!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

The shell that installed over our shower looks good. The product is nice. But our installation experience was terrible. The installer didn't have any respect for the fact that his worksite is our HOME. There was lots of damages done. We contacted Bath Fitter and they said they would reimburse us for the damages, and we're still waiting for the check. No one ever answers the phone when we call to resolve this and no one returns the voicemails we have left. I wouldn't hire again.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

We would not recommend this company to anyone. It's been almost three months and they have made 5 separate attempts to "make things right". We have already paid for 3500 dollars (50% down) for a shower we still can't use.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

Initial purchase and installation was great 15 yrs ago but trying to get follow up on warranty is awful. Apparently Brandon no longer has an office so I was directed to Winnipeg. I found a crack In the tub lining a year ago. Contacted Winnipeg who said they would follow up on warranty work but no new work. Called them 3 times each time they were to get back to me but never did. They have the info from the installation but last time I spoke to them (last November) they told me they don't travel in winter. Someone should inform them there is a 4 lane highway between Brandon and Winnipeg and many of us travel it all the time in winter for medical appts, sports, entertainment etc. Really annoys me when I see the ads on TV talking about the life long warranty and I can't even get a return call.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Dawn, we can appreciate your frustration however, our Winnipeg team does not travel to Brandon during the winter months due to the dangerous weather conditions. We will forward your message to our Winnipeg team to have them reach out to discuss further. Thank you.

Bath Fitter expert review by Joseph Truini

Bath Fitter was founded in 1984 in Montreal. It focuses on easy-to-install custom bathtub and shower liners for homes. This bathroom remodeling company has hundreds of locations across the United States and Canada.

• Acrylic bathtub liners: Bath Fitter sells and installs durable acrylic liners that fit precisely over existing bathtubs and showers. With this approach, consumers eliminate the expense and mess of tearing out the tub or shower enclosure.

• Easy installation: The installation process is quick since the bathtub and shower don’t have to be removed. The company can also convert a combination tub/shower into a spacious shower-only unit.

• In-home consultations: Experienced bath-remodeling contractors meet with consumers to inspect the existing tub or shower and explain how the Bath Fitter solution works.

• Customized solutions: Bath Fitter customizes solutions for its customers so their selection fits their existing bathroom perfectly.

• Matching accessories: Bath Fitter has bathroom hardware and fixtures designed to perfectly match their bathroom liners. Consumers can choose from a wide range of faucets, shower rods, towel holders and other bathroom accessories complement the custom liners.

• Best for: Bath Fitter is best for homeowners, landlords and real estate investors who want to improve the look and performance of their bathrooms.

by Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Bath Fitter Company Information