Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Best experience with Bath Fitter-professional, on time, hard working, clean after job was done. Both bathrooms now look great and clean. We used Bath fitter 20 years ago at another property and it's still holding up. A little pricey but cheaper than a total bathroom redo!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When we realized that we needed to get our mother a walk-in shower, I went on the website for Bath Fitter. I saw their number and made the call. The sales representative was very good, very personable, knowledgeable and gave a very nice presentation. We enjoyed him. He was not high-pressured at all. The installation man told us that it could possibly take two days. So we took my mother to our house in Pennsylvania. Then they called and said it was already done in one day. But we didn't want to turn around and drive her back the very next day as she's 93 years old. My brother went up and saw it before we did. He called us and said it looks beautiful. When we walked in, it was spotless. We felt very comfortable with the whole process. They made it very easy for us and gave us choices. My mother is thrilled with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed to remodel our bathroom and so I purchased a tub from Bath Fitter back in October. They had the lowest price in the store. The sales rep was very knowledgeable about the product. I was amazed with the installation team. They were in and out and cleaned up after themselves. I have no problems with Bath Fitter and I've been very satisfied.

From the first visit by a Bath Fitter representative to the final installation, the process was smooth. Each of the 3 representatives who came to the house (initial assessment, a technician to measure, and the installer) was friendly, professional, and very knowledgeable about their product and the process. We were very pleased with the 'new' tub/shower and very glad we made the purchase to enhance our home.

I recently tried the company Bath Fitters to install a new bath tub as well as some fixtures to go with it. I must say that Bath Fitters met expectation that I had. The product and installation was perfect. I am totally satisfied at what was conveyed and done. I highly recommend this to anyone who is looking for a company capable of doing a great job for bathroom remodeling.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

Resolution response: Jan. 13, 2017

After contacting channel 10 the company agreed to return my deposit.

HI Gail,

Thank you so much for reaching out and we are sorry to hear about your situation. We've been made aware that customer service has reached out to you directly and will connect you to your local branch.

The Bath Fitter team

Original review: Jan. 7, 2017

Order taken 11/19 2016. No work has been done. Requested cancellation by mail to receive deposit back, spoke to rude owner who was sending a legal form to sign on 12/22. No form has arrived, still no refund.

Hi Maury,

Thanks for writing and letting us know your difficulty to get a repair on your Bath Fitter. We have passed your note onto our corporate customer care team and they will personally handle the problem. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to make it right—let us know if you have additional questions!

Best,

The Bath Fitter team

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

We had a tub shower put in by Bath Fitter in late 2014. Recently, one of the panel walls appeared to have shrunk and broke the caulk seal at the top. I called and asked for repairs and was told to expect the repairman on Dec 30, 2016 at the specified time. The repair person called on the 30th and advised he had to tend to an emergency, and would call the next day (Friday) and arrange to repair the seal. There was no call back on Friday (and the tech admitted today he did not make the call).

I called again in January to re-set the appointment and was given Jan 6 at 11 am. At 10:30 am, the tech was not here so I called the company and they had the tech call me directly to advise when he would be here. The tech called back and advised that the office had not communicated with him (or vice versa) and he could not be here until somewhere around later today (time unknown). I advised him that this was unacceptable. I specifically asked for a date and time he could commit to and he finally settled on a date 12 days out from today. Office communication seems to be really lacking with this company. If I were doing this over, I would avoid using Bath Fitter.

Hi Larry,

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your positive experience. We're thrilled that you had a wonderful experience and are so pleased with the installer and the final product. Glad to hear that the installer kept everything clean throughout the process! Thanks again for writing and recommending us-- we would love for you to share photos of your Bath Fitter on our Facebook page!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

Timely installation, very complete. Exactly what I ordered. Good cleanup at the end. Very clean during the installation. Did exactly as outlined. Have used for several weeks, and no complaints. Have showed to several neighbors and recommended.

Hi Marcie,

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your positive experience. We're thrilled that you had a great experience and are so pleased with the installer--that's wonderful that he went above and beyond to get the job done. Thanks again for writing and we would love for you to share photos of your new shower on our Facebook page!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

From the beginning, the process was effortless in getting an estimate to remove our master bathtub and replace with a full walk in shower. The installer was amazing and did a wonderful job in two days, even staying late the first day to make sure he could finish completely on the second day.

Hi Jane,

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your positive experience. We're thrilled that you had a wonderful experience and are so pleased with the installer and the final product. Thanks again for writing and we would love for you to share photos of your new shower on our Facebook page!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

Bath Fitter replaced my bath tub with a shower unit on Dec. 20, 2016. Scott is an awesome installer cleaning and communicating throughout and helping me make right decisions regarding placement of hand set, shelf and hand bar. I was able to order what I wanted and got what I ordered and the finished product looks the way I expected. The job was finished to perfection and in the timely manner that was promised. I couldn't be happier! Thank you Scott and Bath Fitter.

Hi John,

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your positive experience. We're thrilled that you are so pleased with the installation process and the final product. Glad to hear that the installer kept everything clean throughout the process! Thanks again for writing -- we would love for you to share photos of your Bath Fitter on our Facebook page!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

Completely professional experience from start to finish. Everyone involved on the Bath Fitter side down to the installer was first class. The one day installation process was smooth and schedule accommodating. Installation was flawless and the install area was left spotless. A supervisor even visited on the install day to ensure satisfaction. Very pleased. Finished product looks sensational and is very much as advertised.

Hi Jim and Judy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your positive experience. We're thrilled that you love your Bath Fitter and are so pleased with the team and the final product. Glad to hear that everyone on our team went above and beyond! Thanks again for writing and recommending us-- we would love for you to share photos of your Bath Fitter on our Facebook page!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

From the free in-home estimate to the installation process, our Bath Fitter experience to have our downstairs shower replaced was very pleasurable. So much so, that we are having our bathtub replaced in the master bedroom too! The finished product is beautiful! The shower is easy is to clean and maintain. Each member of the Bath Fitter team (Andy, Chad and Tim) was professional and knowledgeable about their products. We highly recommend anyone who has been considering redoing their bathtub and/or shower to give Bath Fitter a call.

Hi Patricia!

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your positive experience. We're thrilled that you love your Bath Fitter and are so pleased with the team and the final product. Thanks again for writing -- we would love for you to share photos of your Bath Fitter on our Facebook page!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

We have had 2 showers installed at 2 different times of this past year. We had the same installer both times. He did a wonderful job. He was efficient and friendly. He completed the work in a day and a half. The bathroom was clean and all debris was removed from the property. All the other team members from sales to measurement techs were also friendly.

Hi Mary,

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your positive experience. We're so glad to hear that you love your remodeled bathroom! We're happy that the installer was so diligent and that you're pleased with the service. We would love for you to share photos on our Facebook page!

The Bath Fitter team

Original review: Dec. 31, 2016

We had an old tub/shower removed and replaced with a new Bath Fitter shower stall. Product looks great. Installer did an awesome job from start to finish... only took two days. He even cleaned up each day. I would say the total cost is higher than we expected, but with the quality and lifetime warranty, I think it is worth it.

Hi Mary,

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your positive experience. We're so glad to hear that you love your remodeled bathroom! We're happy that the sales rep was so helpful and that you're pleased with the service. We would love for you to share photos on our Facebook page!

The Bath Fitter team

Original review: Dec. 30, 2016

The tiles on the sidewalls of my bathroom were cracking. I liked the guarantee of the glove fit that Bath Fitter gives their customers so I went with them. The sales rep was very communicative and I bought the shower wall and the tub from them. I'm pleased with the service.

Hi Mathew,

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your positive experience. We're so glad to hear that you love your remodeled bathroom! We're happy that the sales rep and installer were so helpful and the job was completely quickly and left clean. We would love for you to share photos on our Facebook page!

Thanks again,

The Bath Fitter team

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

Our home was built in 1972 and it’s about time to remodel our bathroom. The sales rep gave us the remaining information that we needed and we called Bath Fitter and went from there. I'm very pleased with the work that was done. It was clean and the installer was in and out in one day which was what Bath Fitter said they can do. He was running late and he still did a good job and got everything done.

Hi Bonnie,

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your positive experience. We're so glad to hear that you love your remodeled tub/shower! Happy that the sales rep and installer were so helpful. We would love for you to share photos on our Facebook page!

Thanks again,

-The Bath Fitter team

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

Some years ago my husband and I used Bath Fitter for a mobile home bathroom that we had. So we decided that they would be the best route to go when we bought a house and the bathroom was looking shabby. We got a tub and a shower and the sales rep was very nice and courteous. Then we had one guy come out for the installation. He did an excellent job and was very efficient. It's a little more expensive than other Bath Fitter people but it was well worth it.

Hi John,

Thanks for writing and letting us know about your Bath Fitter experience - we apologize for any difficulty and would love the opportunity to fix it. We very much appreciate your feedback. We have passed your information along to customer service who will be in touch with both you and your local branch. Please continue to update us and don't hesitate to reach out with further questions.

-The Bath Fitter team

Original review: Dec. 23, 2016

Avoid this company! Bathroom has been unfinished for 2 1/2 MONTHS. The job was not estimated properly. Instead of one day install, it was 3. But the caulking job was done so poorly, it needed to be redone - twice! Three different workers couldn't get it right. I have pictures. Problem still not resolved.

UPDATED ON 01/02/2017: The local dealer has now sent $500 as a final settlement. They will not make the job right. The walls were caulked 3 times, each worse, due to walls not being cut to fit. The amount of caulk is too much and is already peeling. Project started Oct 14. We held back $500 upon payment, so now have $1000 to hire someone else to fix. Our loss of work days 6-7, due to having to watch them. The head company is aware of the buy off, I guess they approve of this level of customer satisfaction.

Hi Dennis and Zandra,

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your positive experience. We're so glad to hear that you love your Bath Fitter and we look forward to helping you with your second bath remodel!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

The quality of the work was A-plus, the initial salesperson (Bruce) was very polite and professional, and we were amazed that the work was done in the time promised. We love our new bathroom! We will be calling you back for our second bathroom soon, so thanks Bath Fitter. The finished product was well worth the time and money.

Hi Lea,

We're thrilled to hear about your experience with Bath Fitter. Thanks for taking the time to let us know!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

We moved in at the Cambridge, so we decided to have our bathroom remodeled. It was not adequate here, so we decided to go with Bath Fitters. We purchased the shower and the representative was very kind and nice. The installation team was excellent, too.

Hi Carolyn,

Thanks for writing and letting us know about the hole in your bathtub. We have passed your note onto our corporate customer care team and been informed that customer service has called you personally and is handling the problem. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to make it right—let us know if you have additional questions!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

I like the end of it but the installer forgot one thing... he left a hole in the outside wall of my bathroom. Well I'm not too happy with that. He was very nice and did a good job. It's just one thing he didn't finish. I'd like to know if he is going to come back and do the job completely!!

Hi Donna,

Thanks for writing and letting us know about this. We're sorry about any inconveniences you've been facing. We've sent your situation and contact information onto our corporate customer care team and someone should be in touch. Please let us know when you hear from your local branch and if you have any further questions.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2016

The installer could not have been better. He was professional and efficient. My disappointment was with the 1 day install. He tried to do it but the surround was not ready. If you read my postcard I wanted Bath Fitter because this is a 1 bathroom house with 3 people residing. Ok it did help that it turned out beautifully.

The financing was another story. I made a call to the salesman the day after I signed the contract to make sure that if I did not pay the balance after 3 months I would not be charged back interest on the 3 months payment. He told me, "Not at all." This was not the case when I spoke with HRAC. They told me I would be charged back the interest. I found the reps at HRAC were not professional and could not answer all my questions about the payments.

Hi Laura,

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your positive experience. We're so glad to hear that you love your Bath Fitter! Happy to hear the installer did a wonderful job and that you were impressed with the outcome. We would love for you to share photos on our Facebook page!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2016

We had our old fiberglass one piece tub and walls removed and replaced with a new acrylic tub and one piece surround. Workmanship was excellent, the installer was excellent and cleaned up his mess both nights. He completed project in two days with the least amount of downtime for us, since this was our only full bath. We love the results and everyone who has seen it has been very impressed. Thank you Bath Fitter.

Hi Donna,

We're happy to hear about your positive experience with Bath Fitter. We're so glad we were able to come and help you with your bath remodel. Thanks for taking the time to let us know!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

Everything was great with my experience with Bath Fitter. I had somebody else come in and do it before Bath Fitter but they sprayed it and it all peeled. It was a mess. And then when I tried to get them to come and fix it, I couldn't. So I had to redo it. I should have had Bath Fitter right from the start and saved myself a lot of money. Bath Fitter covered our bath tub and it was perfect. The reps were really professional. They also explained everything, gave me different options and showed me the different products and prices. I highly recommend them.

Hi Grace,

Thanks for writing and letting us know about your Bath Fitter experience - we apologize for any difficulty and we appreciate that you gave us the opportunity to fix the problem. We have been notified that customer service has already been in touch to address your concerns and that they successfully solved the problem by advising to adjust the temperature gauge! We're so happy that we were able to find a solution. Don't hesitate to reach out with further questions and thanks again for allowing us to help you!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2016

On 7/28/16 Bath Fitters in Dumont NJ remodeled my bathtub and adjoining walls, but stupidly set the hot water temperature down to tepid so I can never have hot water again. No hot shower or bath ever again. What's the point of renovated bathtub if I can never enjoy hot bath or shower? "For my own good" they claim. The hot water in my kitchen sink and bathroom sink remains very hot as it was untouched by Bath Fitter plumber. But the Bath Fitter plumber set the bathtub hot water to slightly above body temperature out of company's selfish fear of potential lawsuit for being scalded. This is the weak reason they gave for not turning hot water up to normal level.

Manager and staff repeated this reason. "Fear of being sued." "Illegal". Is this nonsense or what? They should be scared of having a disgruntled client like me on their hands -- not of something that will never happen. Now that Dumont Bath Fitters has been paid in full they blew me off. Tough luck they say. "Go do it yourself. We do not want the responsibility." Impasse reached. No compromise or resolution offered.

I must add that the company rep Steve was fantastic and inspired such confidence that I signed up and paid $5,500 on the spot. The Serbian guy who did all the hard manual labor -- ripping out old walls and installing new walls, covering old tub with new tub, etc. was fantastic too. Their work is EXCELLENT! Pity this scandal should taint them.

The ONLY thing wrong is the manager refuses to let the plumber return to make tepid water hot again, as it should be. Hot water temp should be restored to what it was prior to installation date 7/28/16. The hot water from kitchen faucet and bathroom sink faucet remain adequately hot (not dangerously scalding) because BF plumber did not tamper with them. Simple request, no? Quick and easy to fix, but BF management is being stubborn about it and making ugly mess out of what would have otherwise been 5-star rave review.

Hi Joanne,

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your positive experience. We're so glad to hear that you love your Bath Fitter! We would also love for you to share photos on our Facebook page! :)

Original review: Dec. 16, 2016

I work in the mall where there's a display of the Bath Fitter. I heard good things about Bath Fitter so we used them to convert the tub to a shower. It was a little more expensive than I originally thought. However we really wanted to change our bathtub to a shower, which is very common these days, because we never take the baths and we go in for a shower.

The installer came in the summertime. We asked him to come later because we were having all kinds of other things done on the house. We booked ahead and he came in November and got it done. He took the time he said he was gonna take, which was two days. He stayed late on both days, which I didn't expect, but we like it. He worked on his own although he had a plumber at one point. When it was all through we had a little problem with the handle for the water and it wasn't coming out hot water. The plumber came fairly soon, about a couple of days later, and rectified the problem. All in all, they were very polite and it went well. I would recommend Bath Fitter to anybody.

Hi Dennis,

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your positive experience. We're so glad to hear that you love your remodeled bathtub! Happy that the sales rep was so helpful and that the price point was agreeable. It means so much that you took to the time to share your experience. We would love for you to share photos on our Facebook page!

The Bath Fitter team

Original review: Dec. 15, 2016

We looked at Bath Fitter for about a couple of years before we decided to finally have our old and outdated bathroom remodeled. The price was right and we liked the company's reputation. And we purchased the bathtubs, walls and a shower door from them. The sales rep was great, nice and very informative. He did a good job. Then the installers came in, and got it done in a day. It was a great and pretty painless experience.

Hi Tom,

Thanks for writing and letting us know about this. We would love the opportunity to hear your concerns and address them. It has been brought to our attention that your local branch has been contacted and someone will be in touch shortly to address your concerns.

Thanks again!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2016

I had Bath Fitter go over my tub and put in shower doors. I was very pleased with the outcome. Fast forward 10 years. My tub has a 6 inch stain that is in the enamel so it won't come out. Bath Fitter has been out twice to remedy but no luck. Still happy w/ Bath Fitter. Enter new manager in NY... Comes over, takes pictures, very professional. End of happy story... He tells me he can redo the tub at a cost of $500 plus he can't guarantee that he can put the shower doors back in place. So I would have a clean tub w/ no shower doors. Are you kidding me? Lifetime warranty... Not if you are 67 years old living on a fixed income!

Hi Victoria,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We are so glad that you are happy with your Bath Fitter, but apologize about the length of the shower door. We have passed your feedback onto our corporate customer care team and someone should be in touch shortly to address your concerns regarding your experience.

Thanks again!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2016

Bath Fitter is affordable so we purchased a shower from them that we've been using for a month now. Their sales rep were friendly and knowledgeable except that we were not on the same wavelength because I'm a little dissatisfied now and there's nothing they can do about it. I was under the impression I was having the shower door as high as I wanted it until they installed it. My shower door is solid glass, doesn't slide, and opens like a door but I wanted it taller than it was. They assumed that I didn't wanna pay for the upgrade of having that done. I would have but they never really bothered to ask me. It was too late to do anything about it but other than that, everything was fine.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had had the grouting done twice and it wasn't holding up. The color tile was no longer available and a color that didn’t quite match was put in so there were two different colors. It was also breaking up and falling apart so we were trying to debate what to do about it and I thought instead of trying to redo it again, having Bath Fitter would be a good solution.

The first guy who came out was really good, no-nonsense, very quick, articulate and right to the point about everything. He gave me like a pass because they have some discounts if you buy right away, which I couldn't do as my husband wasn't available. They had another guy come out, who was a little bit surly. He seemed like he was over it. I was asking some questions and he was one step below rude. I had second thoughts but after discussing with my husband about the other parts of the installation, we decided that we would go ahead with it. If I had met him first, I probably wouldn't want to work with the company. But I met the other guy first who seemed more reasonable.

I was there for about two hours during the installation. The installer was fantastic, very nice and knowledgeable. But my husband told me that there was some trouble with a leaking pipe and the installation took a lot longer. He thought it was going to be finished in a very short amount of time but the guy ended up staying until 4:00. But that was the only issue.

The walls and the tub were redone and they were the only parts of the bathroom that we changed. We have a full-sized bathtub shower. It looks great although I’m not crazy about the shower head. I was a little bit disappointed that there wasn't a lot of choices. I didn’t even get a choice. I was talking to my husband about changing it but we're wondering whether there is going to be a problem with any part of the guarantee.

Bath Fitter Company Profile