Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.18/5

Bath Fitter is an acrylic bathtub, shower enclosure and tub-to-shower conversion company. The company’s bathtub refinishing products are custom molded to fit over existing fixtures for quick and clean bathroom renovations that last a lifetime. The company can complete installations in just one day.

BOTTOM LINE

Homes and commercial bathrooms in need of a quick remodel benefit from Bath Fitter’s next-day service and fast installation. Special care is required to maintain the new bathtub or shower, but it provides an affordable upgrade.

PROS

• Next-day service
  • Demolition-free remodeling
  • Lifetime warranty on installation

CONS

• Regular cleaning required
  • Design consultation needed for quote

Top Bath Fitter Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

We called Bathfitter because our hallway bathroom was in terrible shape... The end result was fabulous. We now have an extremely beautiful tub and shower enclosure. Top notch installation ... We would recommend both Bathfitter ... for any job.

[The installers] were kind and respectful of our home and explained their work as they proceeded in the project … We are delighted with our new shower. It has brightened up our master bath, immensely. It's reassuring to work with pleasant, competent professionals who take pride in their work.

How does Bath Fitter work?

Bath Fitter’s acrylic tub shells and walls can be installed over existing structures in as little as one day. Bath Fitter has locations in the U.S. and Canada, and its factory-trained and certified installation technicians provide homeowners and commercial clients with a demolition-free remodeling solution.

The process is simple:

1. Bath Fitter’s bathroom specialists measure the tub or shower, then custom-build the new structure in one of the company’s facilities.
  2. The current surface is cleaned and repaired.
  3. The new tub shell and wall are then installed over the existing tub or shower.

Customers can browse through Bath Fitter’s selection of shelves, soap dishes, towel bars, shower rods, trims and moldings on the company’s website. A “Design Your Own Bathroom” tool lets you design a bathtub or shower with different bases, colors, wall patterns and accessories to see what the finished product will look like.

Bath Fitter cost

Bath Fitter offers specialized services, so the cost varies based on each homeowner’s needs. The company recommends contacting its representatives for a custom solution and quote. You can schedule a free virtual consultation on Bath Fitter’s website, and the company’s services include a lifetime warranty that lasts for as long as you own your home.

Bath Fitter FAQ

What is the average cost of a Bath Fitter installation?
The average cost of a Bath Fitter installation depends on each homeowner’s or facility’s needs. Schedule a free consultation on the Bath Fitter website for a personalized price estimate.
How long does it take to install a bath fitter?
Bath Fitter can install your new bathtub or shower enclosure and walls in as little as one day.
What does Bath Fitter’s warranty cover?
Bath Fitter’s warranty covers acrylic bathtubs, tub surrounds, replacement showers and shower conversions.
Does Bath Fitter do plumbing?
Bath Fitter’s process doesn’t include demolition or plumbing work. Instead, the company places the new structure over your existing bathtub.
Does mold grow under a Bath Fitter shell?
Yes, mold or mildew can grow under a Bath Fitter enclosure. Regular maintenance is required to keep buildup or residue from growing.

Is Bath Fitter worth it?

Bath Fitter helps individuals remodel their bathrooms with little to no construction. The company’s demolition-free process is ideal for those who’d like to update their current bathtub or shower for aesthetic or safety reasons. While it’s challenging to determine the price of services upfront, Bath Fitter lets customers easily book a virtual design consultation for more information. We recommend Bath Fitter for customers in search of an affordable and noninvasive remodeling solution.

Bath Fitter Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

We recently moved into a new home where the master bath had a very dated jacuzzi tub installed. While the tub was in working order, tiles had seen better days and the tub itself was a yellowed ivory that did not match our decor. It was also extremely high to step over when getting and out of the shower. We decided to contact Bathfitter to convert the tub to a shower and it has made a huge difference in our space, with clean lines and a sleek profile our new shower is easy to get in and out of and has opened up the small bathroom to make it feel like a spa! Our consultant was extremely accurate and thorough with measurements and feature selection and the entire project was completed to picture-perfection in one day with no tidy up left for me to handle.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you so much for your review Jennette! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction!

Get buying tips about Bathroom Remodeling Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

My installer was Anthony. Although we'd had more snow on top of ice, he called at 8:15 a.m. to let me know that he was on his way to do my install and would arrive shortly. He arrived about 30 minutes later. He had some challenges due to the weather on install day but it didn't stop him. Anthony got in, got to work and worked for about 6.5 hours straight removing old tub enclosure and installing shower unit. He was pleasant, answered any questions I had and didn't mind that I watched what he was doing. He cleaned the area when he was finished and gave me verbal and written information on cleaning the unit. I appreciated the way he worked and would rate his performance today a 5/5.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Jeff! We are so glad to hear Anthony was able to go above and beyond to provide you with a great experience!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2020

I cannot say enough about Zack the installer for Bath Fitter. He was by far outstanding and very professional. My wife and I truly love the finished installation. The problem I had with Bath Fitter was the lack of communication on their part. My installer started the job and the next day was off due to an injury which no one advised me of after making several calls to the main office. Finally after 3 days I contacted the salesman that came to our home Jim who also is outstanding. I explained to him that after waiting 3 months for the installation to start and finally got started with bathroom being stripped down for installation but no one has returned after day one, and that I had called three times and left messages as to what was going on that finally he was able to have someone contact me on the 4th day to inform me of what happened. I told them that it would have been nice if someone would have contacted myself or my wife as to the delay.

So with all that the final installation looks fantastic thanks to one of the hardest working young men I know. (Zack) Bath Fitter should award this young man because he was a perfectionist in his completed work. I then thanked Zack and explained to him because of the three month waiting for installation and the problems that happened after day one that I was going to wait 30 days to make sure there were no problems with the installation. I have done this because if there is Bath Fitter would address the issue or issues if any in a responsible time frame due to me still owing a considerable balance. Once the 30 days are up I will go to the Bath Fitter's location in Evansville and make my final payment. Other than that your installers are the best and the products look exceptional. Thank you so much and sorry for the final payment delay. Sincerely Steven **

Bath Fitter response

Thank you so much for your great review Steven! We are so thrilled to hear Zack was able to go above and beyond to complete everything to your satisfaction. Thank you for your business!!

Original review: July 3, 2020

I highly recommend using Bath Fitter for a bathroom remodel! The salesman who came to our home to show us the products was highly knowledgeable. Once he understood our budget, he stayed right on course. There was no pressure to purchase more than we could afford. He never tried to "upsale" us, and he made sure we had the best product for our budget. The installer was equally professional. We had done some of the demolition prior to him coming out to install. He never said, but I had the feeling we hadn't done everything he needed for him to immediately start the shower install. He said it would take 2 days from start to finish, and he was right on time. Our entire experience with Bath Fitter was amazing, and one week later we are in love with our new bathroom. Thank you Bath Fitter staff for a job extremely well done!!

Bath Fitter response

Thank you so much for sharing your great experience Elizabeth!

Original review: May 29, 2020

We called Bathfitter because our hallway bathroom was in terrible shape. Patrick was our representative and he was extremely thorough and didn't waste our time with the presentation. He took all the measurements and we ordered tub, shower, glass doors and grip bars. Bathfitter kept us appraised of the timeline and when installation would take place. Excellent follow-up from the company.

James ** was our installer. He arrived on time, spent the entire day installing our products. The end result was fabulous. We now have an extremely beautiful tub and shower enclosure. Top notch installation and we commend him personally for the great work. We would recommend both Bathfitter and James for any job. We chose you because my wife saw your ad on TV but she hesitated saying, "Those are just actors." She is willing to do an ad for you as a real satisfied customer.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Kim! We are so glad to hear our team was able to provide you with a great experience!!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

Great experience. I had a tub surround installed and Linda worked with me to achieve the look I wanted. Very pleased with the outcome. The tub surround is very clean, crisp and looks beautiful. Installation was done in just over 1/2 day and the installer left the bathroom clean. I would recommend Bath Fitter if you are looking to have your tub area redone.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you so much for your great review Debbie!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

James did a wonderful job. Most efficient and cleanup was excellent. I would definitely recommend Bath Fitter to anyone interested in bathroom products. If there is some problem they will immediately correct it. What else can I say. Thank you.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you so much for your wonderful review Corinne!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

I love my walk in shower, my contractor was awesome. He knew what he was doing. My place was old and uneven so it was a challenge. He did it and it looks beautiful. It only took two days in total which is manageable for anyone to be without a shower. Thanks again.

Bath Fitter response

We're glad to hear you are loving your new shower! Thank you for your review Michele!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

Love it - It is beautiful and I've showed it off to all my friends already and everyone who has seen it loves it. Recommended to my friend who got two bathrooms done last week and gave info to another friend this week.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your great review Judy!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

The gentleman who installed our new shower did an outstanding job, and all in one day (as Bath Fitter advertises). I have heard that Bath Fitter will only put the new tub/shower over the existing ones, this is false. They took out the old shower down to the stud and then put the new one in. The quality of work and material was excellent. I am very happy with the complete process from the home visit to select the items to the final installation. Great job Bath Fitter.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Jim, thank you for your review! The are so glad to hear you are loving your new Bath Fitter shower!

Bath Fitter Company Information