4.3/5 (231 ratings)

About Bath Fitter

Bath Fitter is an acrylic bathtub, shower enclosure and tub-to-shower conversion company. The company’s bathtub refinishing products are custom molded to fit over existing fixtures for quick and clean bathroom renovations that last a lifetime. The company can complete installations in just one day.

Pros

• Next-day service
  • Demolition-free remodeling
  • Lifetime warranty on installation

Cons

• Regular cleaning required
  • Design consultation needed for quote

Bottom Line

Homes and commercial bathrooms in need of a quick remodel benefit from Bath Fitter’s next-day service and fast installation. Special care is required to maintain the new bathtub or shower, but it provides an affordable upgrade.

Top Bath Fitter Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

We called Bathfitter because our hallway bathroom was in terrible shape... The end result was fabulous. We now have an extremely beautiful tub and shower enclosure. Top notch inst...

Verified

[The installers] were kind and respectful of our home and explained their work as they proceeded in the project … We are delighted with our new shower. It has brightened up our ma...

How does Bath Fitter work?

Bath Fitter’s acrylic tub shells and walls can be installed over existing structures in as little as one day. Bath Fitter has locations in the U.S. and Canada, and its factory-trained and certified installation technicians provide homeowners and commercial clients with a demolition-free remodeling solution.

The process is simple:

1. Bath Fitter’s bathroom specialists measure the tub or shower, then custom-build the new structure in one of the company’s facilities.
  2. The current surface is cleaned and repaired.
  3. The new tub shell and wall are then installed over the existing tub or shower.

Customers can browse through Bath Fitter’s selection of shelves, soap dishes, towel bars, shower rods, trims and moldings on the company’s website. A “Design Your Own Bathroom” tool lets you design a bathtub or shower with different bases, colors, wall patterns and accessories to see what the finished product will look like.

Bath Fitter cost

Bath Fitter offers specialized services, so the cost varies based on each homeowner’s needs. The company recommends contacting its representatives for a custom solution and quote. You can schedule a free virtual consultation on Bath Fitter’s website, and the company’s services include a lifetime warranty that lasts for as long as you own your home.

Bath Fitter FAQ

What is the average cost of a Bath Fitter installation?
The average cost of a Bath Fitter installation depends on each homeowner’s or facility’s needs. Schedule a free consultation on the Bath Fitter website for a personalized price estimate.
How long does it take to install a bath fitter?
Bath Fitter can install your new bathtub or shower enclosure and walls in as little as one day.
What does Bath Fitter’s warranty cover?
Bath Fitter’s warranty covers acrylic bathtubs, tub surrounds, replacement showers and shower conversions.
Does Bath Fitter do plumbing?
Bath Fitter’s process doesn’t include demolition or plumbing work. Instead, the company places the new structure over your existing bathtub.
Does mold grow under a Bath Fitter shell?
Yes, mold or mildew can grow under a Bath Fitter enclosure. Regular maintenance is required to keep buildup or residue from growing.

Is Bath Fitter worth it?

Bath Fitter helps individuals remodel their bathrooms with little to no construction. The company’s demolition-free process is ideal for those who’d like to update their current bathtub or shower for aesthetic or safety reasons. While it’s challenging to determine the price of services upfront, Bath Fitter lets customers easily book a virtual design consultation for more information. We recommend Bath Fitter for customers in search of an affordable and noninvasive remodeling solution.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

I am in my 70's and want to stay in my home as long as possible. Changing my bathtub to a walk in shower was one way. Not knowing what to expect, I was very anxious about doing it. I talked to my sons and they said it was a great idea. So I met with Michael and his associate and I signed a contract. I had to wait 4 months to get it done. Along came Patrick. He was a no nonsense person coming to a job he just wanted to do. So I pretty much left him to do it.

After a very long day he was chatty and I was one happy lady to have the day gone and looking at a fabulous new bathroom. My son came a few days later and laid a new floor which was a bane of my existence. I hated it. Now I have a new floor to go with my beautiful new shower. I love it. Thank you Patrick. To be fair I have to say it was a bit pricey. But what isn't today? I would love to add before and after pictures but am not sure how to do that. Sorry. Linda **

Bath Fitter response

Hi Linda, thank you so much for sharing your experience! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction!

Get buying tips about Bathroom Remodeling Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 28, 2022

I just had both of my bathrooms remodeled for shower stalls. The installations went very well. I was very impressed by the way that the shower looks in the main hallway, not to mention the shower stall off of the master bedroom's bathroom. I am also very impressed with the way that the water is pressurized in the showerhead. Where I now live, there is lower water pressure than where I was living previously in Charleston County. It seems as though the water pressure is increased in my showerhead. My daughter says the same thing about her shower as well, that the pressure seems to be greater coming out than it was in the old showerhead. .

When I was getting ready to shower for the first time, my foot slipped on the shower floor. I thought that the shower floor was textured in a way that made it non-slip. This is not true. When my foot got wet, it did nothing but slip. I ended up using a shower mat or tub mat to prevent slippage. The floor was textured, but it wasn't textured in the way that it should be for it to be non-slip.

Although I am at fault for not requesting that the shower floor be non-slip but textured only instead, I feel that it should be the sales representative's job to make sure whether or not the customer wants a non-slip floor or not and that a textured floor might come to mean a non-slip surface, not just textured without being non slip. What I am saying here is that even though I admit to being at fault for saying the word "textured" and meaning "non-slip" that the sales representative also should have asked, "Do you mean a non-slip surface?" I believe that a non-slip floor should be included with every installation to prevent slippage of the customer. Of course, I mean that this should be in every home.

Additionally, I was told at the end of the 2nd installation, which was the installation of the shower stall in the main bathroom that I would receive a call the next day regarding the shower door and getting a temporary curtain rod put up in its place so that the shower could be used while we were waiting for the door to arrive. This phone call was never received. My daughter also waited all day for the phone call, but it was never received. I was also on the look-out for a call regarding the shower curtain rod, but I never received a call either. This was very unsatisfactory.

As it turns out, a note was given by the installer to one of the people in the office. This person had not called me back as promised by the installer. The person in the office, named Tim, had admitted his mistake and had apologized profusely. In any case, this should not have happened. The call should have been made as promised, and the fact that I did not receive a call and had to wait all day for it and not receiving it, as well as my daughter waiting, and not receiving it made me quite angry. The fact that the phone call was not made and a return visit to bring a temporary curtain rod for me to use the shower had inconvenienced me from using my shower for one day. That made me angry as well.

Other than the non-slip issue, the unreturned phone call issue and the shower curtain rod issue, I am very satisfied with the way the showers turned out. They were beautifully installed. The sales representative had set aside 3 days for the work to be completed, but it was completed in only 2 days time, one for each bathroom.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Arthur, thank you so much for sharing your experience! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction!

Original review: March 5, 2022

Often, when we buy a product, especially for our homes, we develop high expectations for the results we are anticipating. However, we are often disappointed that, even when the end result is satisfactory, it is less than what was hoped for. That was not the case regarding our investment in a BathFitter tub and shower renovation we recently experienced. The results were much better than we expected due to the quality of the product and the incredible skill and work ethic of the installer. It began with the purchase when the sales rep helped us select from among several options for plumbing fixtures, walls, and tub color. The sales rep was courteous and patient while we stepped through our options.

Next was the installation. Our installer, Levi **, was incredible. He called us the day before the installation to make sure that we were still on schedule and expecting his arrival in the morning. We confirmed that we were. The next morning, about a half hour before we were expecting him, he called again to confirm the exact time he would arrive: 7:45 AM. At exactly 7:45, there was a knock on the door. It was Levi. He introduced himself, asked if he could see the bathroom he was going to work on before he brought in his tools and supplies. We showed him the bathroom and he confirmed with us what walls he was to remove and where we wanted our new plumbing fixtures located.

After that, he brought in his tools, placing them in the exact order he would need them, to maximize his efficiency of installation. He then turned off the outside water and removed the old walls, carefully taking them outside to place near his van to haul away later. All day long, he worked without stopping, not even to chit-chat and not taking a break for lunch. His work ethic was unparalleled in my years of experience as a residential contractor. He worked fast and efficiently as he grabbed one tool, and another to remove the walls and make the necessary changes to the plumbing, again confirming with me the placement of the water handle and shower head fixtures.

He then brought in the beautiful one-piece wall, made some cuts to modify the wall to fit exactly in the space he had created when he removed the old walls. He then secured the sheets of plumbing wallboard to the studs around the bathtub and shower wall enclosure. Once that was finished, he mounted the one-piece wall that we had selected. It was beautiful! I couldn’t believe it.

Next, he showed his superb problem-solving skills when he discovered that the bathroom was so small that the bathroom cabinets were placed in such a way that he could not use the standard installation procedure to place the new tub shell over the old tub. He gave it some thought and came up with a strategy for overcoming the space problem without doing any damage to the tub shell, new walls, or old bathtub. Once that problem was solved, he applied the adhesive strips to the old tub and fitted the new tub shell over the old tub. It went into place perfectly. Next, he applied the trim and caulked around the trim and where the tub met the floor. I inspected his caulking. It was perfect. It looked like it could only have been done by a machine to end up so good looking.

Lastly, he picked up his tools, cleaned up the work area, taking the scraps out to this truck in big bags that kept the dirt and scraps from messing up our floors. Then he swept the whole work area clean and invited me to inspect the final installation. It was absolutely amazing! I signed the finished inspection paperwork and he was on his way, exactly 10 hours after he started the job in the morning. The tub and shower wall and fixtures looked even better than we were expecting, and the bathroom floor was immaculate. BathFitter, you made a masterful hiring when you hired Mr. ** to be an installer. In short, he was punctual, personable, knowledgeable, efficient, innovative, careful, accurate, critical-thinking, and professional. We are so pleased with our new bathroom.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you so much for your great review John!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2022

We had a 1 piece acrylic tub and surround that was probably as old as our house and in very bad shape. We got a quote from a different contractor, and one from Bath Fitter as well as evaluating the cost of DIY (as well as the ability to DIY). Bath Fitter wound up being just a little more than half of the contractor. Bath Fitter is often known more for the tub liners that go over the old, but ours could not be done that way, so it was a new tub with their wall. Their walls are excellent as they are one piece molded with special equipment so that there are no seams in the corners on the walls.

The surround goes from the top of the tub to the ceiling. We also had them install a new ceiling, also of acrylic to prevent mold and mildew. The installation was done actually faster than what they had predicted by probably a couple of hours. We did have to wait the 48 hours after to use it (which is common for any bath install, so the caulk can cure). The finished job is quite attractive and now I will be remodelling the rest of the bathroom as money and time permits, for a much more reasonable cost. I would definitely recommend this to anyone wishing to redo their bathtub and surround. Very good job and very quality work.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Raymond, thank you so much for sharing your experience! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

October 1, 2021, I had a fall at work and suffered a spinal injury that left me in a state where I needed to install a shower that could accommodate my new limitations and allow for a safe environment for something as simple as taking a shower. I am so thankful to Bath Fitter. Their Rep Walter helped us to create an installation that came into an acceptable budget, he even put a request to prioritize my install date. Helping to get our shower installed in the least amount of waiting time, thanks Walt.

It is so easy to take for granted something as simple as a shower, but when you experience something as serious as a spinal cord injury and you are stuck using your own savings because it takes forever to settle a workman's comp case and needed renovations are not covered by any assistance and you are receiving zero income, you really appreciate people like our rep Walter and our installer Joe L. I cannot say enough about them and I want to include the office personnel that pushed our install forward and the shop that built our custom shower designed by us and our rep Walter. Everyone has been very courteous and answered all of my concerns. When I upgrade my other bath I will certainly call Bathfitter and most definitely ask for Joe Linder. Joe does awesome work and went out of his way at times to accommodate my concerns. Thanks.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Stephen, thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. We are so proud that our team and our service was able to help you out during this difficult time. Its experiences like these that make it all worth it. Thank you for your review.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2022

As seniors we decided to turn our tub into a shower, we are very pleased with the quality and efficiency of Bath Fitter. Luke installed our shower was very personable and cleaned up after himself and was careful and tried not to disrupt our daily routine.

Bath Fitter response

We are so glad to hear that! Thank you for your review William!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2022

We had a new shower installed and Levi ** was the installer. He did a great job and worked non-stop to ensure the job was completed in one day. He was professional and courteous, always ensuring I was aware of the water being turned off/on and of the progress. I would recommend him to friends and family. Thank you!

Bath Fitter response

Thank you so much for your great review!!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2022

Please think twice before hiring Bath Fitter for your bathtub project. I had a liner done in my bathtub on August 18th and now, September 19 (it started 2 weeks after and is getting worse every day since) my liner is a bubble at the bottom of the tub. I called them to have this fixed as soon as I noticed and they gave me a date. That date came and went and they never bothered calling me to give me a heads up BUT… they did call me the following day to apologize for not calling me the day before. They gave me another date for repair but… they didn’t show up again and didn’t call.

I called them to ask where the repair guy was and they told me "He went but no one was there’’… We were here the entire day all three of us. Then they gave me another date… today September 19th, I just called to see if he was going to show up but was told that the date changed for tomorrow… WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE IN THE ENTIRE GALAXY. PERIOD!!! If you want grief and horse manure service give them a call, they will be happy to take your money.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2022

Anthony turned our tub into a shower and it's beautiful! He was meticulous and very aware we were installing for my aged mother so he raised the seat to be a little higher for her and installed 2 grab bars and discussed with me where he felt the placement was best. Very pleased! Thank you, Anthony!

Bath Fitter response

Hi Sharon, thank you so much for your review and your kind words about Anthony!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

From the sales rep to the installer, our whole experience was excellent! Robert ** was thorough and very personable throughout the whole quote process and we felt confident that we had found the right company to update our shower stalls. The installer, Mikhail arrived on time (both days), was polite and got right to work after laying mats down to cover our carpets and flooring. He was clear and concise in his communication on the details of the installation as he proceeded. He was very knowledgeable. The job was done on time and (even ahead of our expectations). He did a great job and we are VERY pleased with the results. Our thanks to your great team, Robert and Mikhail!

Bath Fitter response

We are so glad to hear Robert and Mikhail was able to provide you with a wonderful experience!

Bath Fitter Company Information