4.36/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Bath Fitter is North America's leading acrylic bathtub, shower enclosure and tub-to-shower conversion company. Our bathtub refinishing products are custom molded to fit over existing fixtures for quick and clean bathroom renovations that last a lifetime. Best of all, we can complete the installation in just one day without compromising quality.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

3988 Bath Fitter Consumer Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: April 17, 2019

I wanted a tub enclosure and I didn't need to get the whole bathroom done. I kinda knew what the parameters were price-wise. Bath Fitter fit perfectly within what I needed. We did this in December and they said it was gonna be a couple of months. They would call me when it was gonna be due. A couple of months went by and nobody called so I called Bath Fitter and asked them when they were gonna do it. It turned out to be longer than what I expected. But that was fine. They told me one of their installers had gotten hurt and they could not get to me until the end of the month.

But I got a call from the scheduler and it was over a month before they were gonna be able to get it done. She asked if it was okay if they came the next day. I cursed at the lady and was like, "What the hell are you all doing? Why can't we get on the same page with this thing?" One thing led to another, we had a falling out, and I hung up on her. But she called me back and I apologized to her. I got that straightened out with her. It was a misunderstanding. She caught me at a bad time and I caught her at a bad time. She was very professional.

But the same can't be said during the installation. I talked to a supervisor and at the time I told him that I have a shower curtain and a toilet seat that I needed to get put on. He told me that was not in the contract. I asked if I could still have them put it on. He said that I had to give them a couple of dollars and they would put it on there for me. But when their guy came in, he didn't wanna do it and that just left a bad taste in my mouth. He kept telling me that he would get in trouble if he did what I asked. I told him I talked to his supervisor but he still wouldn't do it.

When you get to be a senior citizen, you just want people to be straight with you. I was spending my money and Bath Fitter got $2,000 from me. They should try to show me a little respect. That was all I was asking for. Other than that, the guy really did a great job at what he did and he did the whole job by himself. I'm still satisfied. I have a cousin who is a plumber and I was gonna have him do what I asked regarding the toilet seat. As a matter of fact, that toilet seat is still sitting up there now.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Charles, thank you for your review. We're glad to hear you are ultimately satisfied with the work. We will make sure to pass your feedback along to our branch. Thank you!

Get expert buying tips about Bathroom Remodeling Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I used Bath Fitter on a previous bathroom so I knew about them. I like their product and I had them put in a tub liner. I didn't want the full enclosure. I had one before and it needed some service. I like the service so I went ahead and got another one. But the process was interesting. The first guy came out and told me that the tiles were not good enough for them to put the liner in. They would tear off the tile and they'll put in our tub liner. I said I was not interested in tub liners so that didn't work. He didn't follow up through all of that once I said I wasn't interested in tub enclosure. The first guy shouldn't have been so insistent on trying to sell me the tub enclosure. I told him that if the tiles were bad, I would replace them. It was an apartment that I rent out, and it was vacant so there really was no emergency about this thing.

I went and had all the tiles replaced. I then called Bath Fitter back and they sent out a different salesman. He checked the tiles too and said that they were strong enough. They took measurements and they ran through. I gave them the deposit and I didn't hear back from them for a very long time. That kinda irked me. I'd used them before and it was a shorter callback time. I don't know what happened to my order. Finally, someone came out, did some more measurements then a couple of weeks later, they came out and installed the thingliner. The installers came and I expected them to be done quickly. They showed up on time early in the morning, did their thing then called me later in the day for the percentage. I went over and looked at it. Their guy gave me the instructions not to mess with it for a couple of days. He also told me the cleaning instructions about what to use and what not to use on the surface. That all went smoothly.

But it could have been quicker as it stretched out over a number of months. It could also have been a little bit friendlier. But we got the job done. I liked the product and I'd use bath Fitter again. But I'd tell others to know what you need before they get there. You probably wanna do that with any home improvement-type salesperson. With bath Fitter, as long as you get through the sales process, the installation is fine. If you are dealing with Bath Fitter, they do get it done once they rip out what they're going to rip out. They just replace it. Once they do that, it's good. I was satisfied.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Peter, thank you for your review! We are glad to hear our team was ultimately able to ensure your satisfaction. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for your business!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

6 days ago, the entire bathroom flooded and we saw water stains in the dining room below. It turns out, the previous owners had used Bath Fitter in 2006. I found out only because it appeared to be a liner, and I thought who better to fix it. The liner had pulled away from the tub/silicone had loosened, and the space between the tub and liner had filled, then overfilled with water. As it turns out, it was a Bath Fitter product. Although they had a lifetime warranty, as new owners, we are not eligible for it. That's unfortunate, but we were not expecting the services to be covered to begin with, so no big deal.

I am only giving 4 stars SOLELY due to the customer service staff. The first young woman I spoke to couldn't wait to get me off the phone. She neglected to do as she promised, which was put us down as an urgent call, to receive a call back first thing Monday morning (I called on a Saturday). I carried my phone with me the entire day Monday - no call. Finally at 4 pm, I called again. Frustrated. Spoke to a different representative and explained my frustration and that I was to receive a call to schedule someone to at least come and look at our tub on Monday morning.

Fast forward to my family showering at whatever friends place we could get to, now 4 days after the flooding, and me having to take time off work to wait. Even though I had scheduled the time off for this, the Scheduler came back and wanted to do it a different day than I was told would work. It was very, very frustrating, but in the end, she was able to have the technician, Jared, come to my home on the day I was scheduled to be there. Aside from the frustration of dealing with the customer service folks, Jared did a fantastic and very fast job of getting rid of all of the water and resealing my liner to my tub. When I asked him how we work the payment for the work and how much it would be, he informed me that even though I am not eligible for the lifetime warranty, they were doing the repairs for me at no charge.

I admit, I was embarrassed, as I started to cry. My family has been hit with multiple tragedies and things have not been easy. It was probably the first time in over a year that someone had done something nice for us. It was such a huge weight off my shoulders, that I couldn't hide my overwhelming sense of relief. I have not yet used the shower - giving the silicone as long as possible to cure, even though Jared said I could use it this morning. I don't want to risk any issues and I am extremely grateful that Bath Fitter, and Jared took care of us, even though they really didn't have to do that. Thank you very much.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Mandy, thank you for sharing your experience. We're glad to hear that our team was able to go above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction. Thank you again for taking the time to leave this review!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

I had a cast iron tub and years ago I took it out and put it back in because the floor needed to be repaired. This time, taking that tub out was more than I wanted to do. The only option was to find some way to cover it and the only one I knew that did that was Bath Fitter because I had seen their commercial. I called, talked to them and the price seemed to be pretty reasonable for what you get. John, from Bath Fitter, was terrific. He worked fast and did quality work. He did the original installation in late July, then we found out that there was another piece that I wanted for the covering of the ceiling so we added that on. He came back on the 6th of August and did that. Then I refinished the rest of the bathroom myself. The tub installation was just plain awesome.

I only have one concern about the tub though. Because of the special plates that I have to wear, I take baths instead of showers. After three weeks of taking baths, I noticed that there was a ring around the base of the sidewalls of the tub, at just about water level. It looks like a shadow. Now, after I take a bath every day, I rinse the tub, squirt it with Windex multi-surface, scrub it by hand, then rinse the whole thing out and dry it all off. It keeps it to the point where it’s just a very light shadow. You have to really look at it to know it’s there, but for some reason, I notice it. My understanding was that nothing would adhere to the surface of the tub because it was a non-porous material but there’s something in the water that attaches to that.

Bath Fitter has another commercial. The guy says that one of the greatest feelings is that when you get done, the people come in there and they’re just awestruck because it’s so impressive and it really is. I’ve often looked at the commercials and I said that nothing is that perfect. They look perfect on TV but in reality, it's not gonna be that good. However, it is that good with Bath Fitter. I don’t know how they do it because houses over the years shift so walls aren’t truly aligned anymore but when Bath Fitter gets done it’s absolutely beautiful.

Bath Fitter response

Hi James, thank you so much for sharing! We’re thrilled that you had a great experience and that our team went above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction. We have passed the information about the ring along to the branch and they should be in contact shortly to address that issue. Thank you again for your business!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

When we went to Home Depot, we saw the Bath Fitter display. They gave me a card and I called Bath Fitter. When the rep came, he showed the samples and explained which ones were the most popular. We want safety and we’re not into glamour that much and so, he recommended the slip-resistance grip bars. He mentioned that everything that was put in is an industrial quality and that mattered to us too. He also explained how high we could go with the shower unit. He did a great job and we ended up getting the clear glass shower doors, the plain white, smooth shower inside, and the single shelf to hold supplies. We were happy with that. However, the cost choked me and because we’re retired and on fixed income, we didn’t get the 20% discount. So, in a sense, we’re paying interest every month but at least, the shower is in now. It was expensive but I was happy to have the job completed in one day and have it very clean.

The man who came to do the installation was amazing. He cut the tub in half and carried the pieces out himself. The first thing he did was put protection down on our countertop in the bathroom where he was gonna lay his tools. He was extremely neat. At one point, another gentleman came in. The pipes had to go higher because it wasn’t going from a bathtub. He cut into the walls and checked, and there was no mold or mildew behind our existing bathtub, which was nice. Also, the floor was dry. He did a great job.

We asked for a third bar to be put in. He looked at how clean I kept everything. He said that the disks that go on either end of the grab bar and go into the wall can be sealed. The sealant can be put on them and they can go right on, or I can twist on and off and get behind them if I wanna clean them. He also told me that I may want to not have that sealant put on because over time, it’ll be cleaner if I didn’t have it and I said okay. I’ve been going in and unscrewing and cleaning. It’s really easy to do since it’s just a single twist but my husband said that he wished I had it sealed. There are six spots because there are three grab bars, so the only regret I have is that I didn’t tell him to seal those. However I will ask Bath Fitter about getting the sealant put on when I call them about a type of cleaner that I want to use.

Also, there are two shower doors and we’re supposed to use one of them in a certain way so that there’s no leaking. When it’s closed, there’s a little hook and we’re supposed to pull that to open because the bathtubs are on the outside. The little hook is a piece of equipment that screws into the door handle on the other side, but we don’t see the screw. It’s a little white tab and on it is a U-shaped piece of metal that we push to open and close the door. A knob would probably look kinda corny, but for the elderly people, it’s hard to grab that little thing. There’s also a little bit of suction to pull it to get it open, so I’m putting my hand on the glass and I’m also using that thing. Each door has one and the metal tab thing that opens and closes has come off. It’s falling off and I put it back in where the holes are. It’s not making me feel comfortable and it’s difficult to open and close the door.

I wish that in future designs of the door, they could have something a little more substantial because a lot of people using the door are elderly people. Anybody who has arthritis wouldn’t even be able to get their finger in that little piece to push it open and closed. On the other hand, stepping in and out of the shower is fine. Everything is absolutely perfect.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Alice, thank you so much for sharing your experience! Our team prides itself on delivering an outstanding product that will delight you and your family for years to come. We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your great experience and we are so thrilled that you love your new shower. Thank you again for your business.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

Do not use this company unless you want to get a cheap product at a premium price that takes MONTHS to get installed. That whole installed in less than a day thing is a gimmick, not at all accurate they might actually get the work done in 8-12 hours but what they don't tell you even when you ask is that it takes them 60-90 days to actually show up. And even after that the product isn't usable. I am over 90 days on my shower remodel, and it's still not usable. I make calls to the company and they never return my calls. I am fairly convinced they got the sale, and then couldn't possibly care less after that. Terrible product, Terrible Service. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Darron, we're sorry to hear your experience with Bath Fitter has not been a positive one. We have passed your message along to our local branch so they can reach out to assist further. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

Bath Fitter came in and removed my old tub/shower unit and installed a new shower. The work took about 8 hours total and looks great. The price is a little high, but you get what you pay for. They are highly professional and do what they promise. I would recommend Bath Fitter to anyone. Quick and easy process all the way around.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Blair, thank you so much for sharing your great experience!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

Got a free quote to fit a tub, salesperson said he had to cover sidewalls, replace faucet, huge upsell job on his part, my small job was quoted at $3900. What a joke, when I said let's just fit the tub he said by code he couldn't and had the right to refuse to do it, I said, "Fine. I refuse to use your services." The house isn't even that old... Scam central... Avoid at all costs.

Bath Fitter response

Hi CC, We take great pride in our 30+ years experience, our exceptional customer service and our limited lifetime warranty. We would like the opportunity to look into this matter further however we cannot find your information in our system. We have sent you a private message to discuss further. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

I got my tub surround about 13 yrs ago. Today I had Josh in to redo the caulking around the tub because it had come out. He was very pleasant, professional and skilled. I would also like to say that he was quite wonderful with my 6 y/o who can be quite the chatter-box. His multitasking skills were incredible. He answered all of her questions, without missing a beat of what he was doing. The job looks great! I must say, I didn't think that I would still be getting the same customer service 13 yrs after the initial install, but I am so impressed! I highly recommend this product and company to anyone who is looking to revamp their bathroom.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Amber, thank you for your review! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

Bath Fitter's history made us go with them. Everything they do, they do right. I don’t care how much it costs. We were looking around to see who was gonna do the job, and who could do it right. They know tubs and how to interface them with your existing stuff. And they did a perfect job, too. The sales representative at Bath Fitters was kind, and we had a good and very comfortable interaction.

We purchased a bathtub and the installer was good. He could interface with us, joke around, and still be able to stay at-task. He was one guy and he did the whole job. And he knew everything! He’ll teach you everything. He knew all about anything that had to do with plumbing, with making things plumb, how to retrofit, the dry wall, the painting, the finish work, and the tie-end of the window. I was like, “How’d this guy know all this?” It was amazing! He did a great job! We love our Bath Fitter tub. It’s perfect. And the hardware they used, as far as the shower is serious. It’s no joke. It’s not cheap. It’s very high-quality. I really like the completeness of it. They go all the way to the ceiling. They wrapped around our window. You feel very good about it.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Randall, thank you so much for your kind words! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to complete to your satisfaction!

Bath Fitter expert review by Joseph Truini

Bath Fitter was founded in 1984 in Montreal. It focuses on easy-to-install custom bathtub and shower liners for homes. This bathroom remodeling company has hundreds of locations across the United States and Canada.

• Acrylic bathtub liners: Bath Fitter sells and installs durable acrylic liners that fit precisely over existing bathtubs and showers. With this approach, consumers eliminate the expense and mess of tearing out the tub or shower enclosure.

• Easy installation: The installation process is quick since the bathtub and shower don’t have to be removed. The company can also convert a combination tub/shower into a spacious shower-only unit.

• In-home consultations: Experienced bath-remodeling contractors meet with consumers to inspect the existing tub or shower and explain how the Bath Fitter solution works.

• Customized solutions: Bath Fitter customizes solutions for its customers so their selection fits their existing bathroom perfectly.

• Matching accessories: Bath Fitter has bathroom hardware and fixtures designed to perfectly match their bathroom liners. Consumers can choose from a wide range of faucets, shower rods, towel holders and other bathroom accessories complement the custom liners.

• Best for: Bath Fitter is best for homeowners, landlords and real estate investors who want to improve the look and performance of their bathrooms.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Bath Fitter Company Information