2. Homeowners
  3. Bathroom Remodeling

4.4/5 (115 ratings)

About Bath Fitter

Bath Fitter is an acrylic bathtub, shower enclosure and tub-to-shower conversion company. The company’s bathtub refinishing products are custom molded to fit over existing fixtures for quick and clean bathroom renovations that last a lifetime. The company can complete installations in just one day.

Pros

• Next-day service
    • Demolition-free remodeling
    • Lifetime warranty on installation

Cons

• Regular cleaning required
    • Design consultation needed for quote

Bottom Line

Homes and commercial bathrooms in need of a quick remodel benefit from Bath Fitter’s next-day service and fast installation. Special care is required to maintain the new bathtub or shower, but it provides an affordable upgrade.

Top Bath Fitter Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

We called Bathfitter because our hallway bathroom was in terrible shape... The end result was fabulous. We now have an extremely beautiful tub and shower enclosure. Top notch inst...

Verified

[The installers] were kind and respectful of our home and explained their work as they proceeded in the project … We are delighted with our new shower. It has brightened up our ma...

How does Bath Fitter work?

Bath Fitter’s acrylic tub shells and walls can be installed over existing structures in as little as one day. Bath Fitter has locations in the U.S. and Canada, and its factory-trained and certified installation technicians provide homeowners and commercial clients with a demolition-free remodeling solution.

The process is simple:

1. Bath Fitter’s bathroom specialists measure the tub or shower, then custom-build the new structure in one of the company’s facilities.
    2. The current surface is cleaned and repaired.
    3. The new tub shell and wall are then installed over the existing tub or shower.

Customers can browse through Bath Fitter’s selection of shelves, soap dishes, towel bars, shower rods, trims and moldings on the company’s website. A “Design Your Own Bathroom” tool lets you design a bathtub or shower with different bases, colors, wall patterns and accessories to see what the finished product will look like.

Bath Fitter cost

Bath Fitter offers specialized services, so the cost varies based on each homeowner’s needs. The company recommends contacting its representatives for a custom solution and quote. You can schedule a free virtual consultation on Bath Fitter’s website, and the company’s services include a lifetime warranty that lasts for as long as you own your home.

Bath Fitter FAQ

What is the average cost of a Bath Fitter installation?
    The average cost of a Bath Fitter installation depends on each homeowner’s or facility’s needs. Schedule a free consultation on the Bath Fitter website for a personalized price estimate.
    How long does it take to install a bath fitter?
    Bath Fitter can install your new bathtub or shower enclosure and walls in as little as one day.
    What does Bath Fitter’s warranty cover?
    Bath Fitter’s warranty covers acrylic bathtubs, tub surrounds, replacement showers and shower conversions.
    Does Bath Fitter do plumbing?
    Bath Fitter’s process doesn’t include demolition or plumbing work. Instead, the company places the new structure over your existing bathtub.
    Does mold grow under a Bath Fitter shell?
    Yes, mold or mildew can grow under a Bath Fitter enclosure. Regular maintenance is required to keep buildup or residue from growing.

Is Bath Fitter worth it?

Bath Fitter helps individuals remodel their bathrooms with little to no construction. The company’s demolition-free process is ideal for those who’d like to update their current bathtub or shower for aesthetic or safety reasons. While it’s challenging to determine the price of services upfront, Bath Fitter lets customers easily book a virtual design consultation for more information. We recommend Bath Fitter for customers in search of an affordable and noninvasive remodeling solution.

Bath Fitter Reviews

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

Updated on 04/01/2021: BathFitter did a great job installing my shower. The crew was very professional and courteous and the finished project is tip-top, so much so that I hired them to do my 2nd bathroom also. They delivered what was proposed and promised. I recommend BathFitter to anyone without hesitation. I feel that if they're good enough for me surely they're good enough for anyone else, especially senior citizens and older/disabled Veterans subject to VA HISA Grants.

Original Review: The work crew for Bath Fitter did an excellent job and I am very pleased with their work; furthermore, I am so pleased that I contracted Bath Fitter to install another shower providing the same 3 crew members perform the task (Derek, Chris & Louis). I also conveyed my sentiments to the VA officials who oversee the VA HISA Grants so they also know what a great job Bath Fitter completed.

Thank you.

U. E. CHAPA

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Uvaldo! We are glad to hear everything was completed to your satisfaction!

Get buying tips about Bathroom Remodeling Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

We recently moved into a new home where the master bath had a very dated jacuzzi tub installed. While the tub was in working order, tiles had seen better days and the tub itself was a yellowed ivory that did not match our decor. It was also extremely high to step over when getting and out of the shower. We decided to contact Bathfitter to convert the tub to a shower and it has made a huge difference in our space, with clean lines and a sleek profile our new shower is easy to get in and out of and has opened up the small bathroom to make it feel like a spa! Our consultant was extremely accurate and thorough with measurements and feature selection and the entire project was completed to picture-perfection in one day with no tidy up left for me to handle.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you so much for your review Jennette! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

My installer was Anthony. Although we'd had more snow on top of ice, he called at 8:15 a.m. to let me know that he was on his way to do my install and would arrive shortly. He arrived about 30 minutes later. He had some challenges due to the weather on install day but it didn't stop him. Anthony got in, got to work and worked for about 6.5 hours straight removing old tub enclosure and installing shower unit. He was pleasant, answered any questions I had and didn't mind that I watched what he was doing. He cleaned the area when he was finished and gave me verbal and written information on cleaning the unit. I appreciated the way he worked and would rate his performance today a 5/5.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Jeff! We are so glad to hear Anthony was able to go above and beyond to provide you with a great experience!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2020

I cannot say enough about Zack the installer for Bath Fitter. He was by far outstanding and very professional. My wife and I truly love the finished installation. The problem I had with Bath Fitter was the lack of communication on their part. My installer started the job and the next day was off due to an injury which no one advised me of after making several calls to the main office. Finally after 3 days I contacted the salesman that came to our home Jim who also is outstanding. I explained to him that after waiting 3 months for the installation to start and finally got started with bathroom being stripped down for installation but no one has returned after day one, and that I had called three times and left messages as to what was going on that finally he was able to have someone contact me on the 4th day to inform me of what happened. I told them that it would have been nice if someone would have contacted myself or my wife as to the delay.

So with all that the final installation looks fantastic thanks to one of the hardest working young men I know. (Zack) Bath Fitter should award this young man because he was a perfectionist in his completed work. I then thanked Zack and explained to him because of the three month waiting for installation and the problems that happened after day one that I was going to wait 30 days to make sure there were no problems with the installation. I have done this because if there is Bath Fitter would address the issue or issues if any in a responsible time frame due to me still owing a considerable balance. Once the 30 days are up I will go to the Bath Fitter's location in Evansville and make my final payment. Other than that your installers are the best and the products look exceptional. Thank you so much and sorry for the final payment delay. Sincerely Steven **

Bath Fitter response

Thank you so much for your great review Steven! We are so thrilled to hear Zack was able to go above and beyond to complete everything to your satisfaction. Thank you for your business!!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

Bath Fitter scheduled an appointment and Leo ** arrived right on time. Leo was very knowledgeable and friendly. He went over all of the options, did not pressure us to purchase anything that we weren't interested in. We made our selection and scheduled the install date. Matt ** arrived right on time to remove our old tub and enclosure and install a new walk in shower w/ glass doors. Matt and his assistant worked 8 hours non-stop and when they were done, you would never know they were there. They cleaned up great and the shower looks amazing. I always thought bath fitter was to cover old tubs, but they do so much more than that. I would highly recommend bath fitter.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience Dana! We are so glad to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction!!

Original review: July 15, 2021

Great company! Tim ** was so helpful with finding the perfect bathtub/shower combo for us, and he responded quickly to all our questions/concerns. Jay came out to replace our old tub, and he was super friendly, whistled and sang as he worked, and did a BEAUTIFUL job. We are so happy with how everything turned out! Would highly recommend them!

Bath Fitter response

Thank you so much for your review Tatiyana! We are so glad Jay was able to complete everything to your satisfaction!

Original review: July 12, 2021

Had tub replaced with new tub and wall. Austin ** was great. Very professional. Excellent job. Very pleased. Would recommend this service. Arrived on time, went to work right away, answered any questions we had, cleaned up job when finished. Totally satisfied.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you so much for your review Frederick! We are glad to hear Austin was able to provide you with a great experience!

Original review: June 17, 2021

Ordered for two bathrooms remodeling and scheduled installation and nobody showed up. Not even a phone call. Finally they rescheduled and done one bathroom. For second bathroom they left it incomplete due to no shower door available. Most unprofessional and I don’t recommend to anybody. Stan

Bath Fitter response

Hi Bangla, we're sorry to hear about this issue. We understand our team scheduled an appointment last Friday, June 18th, to install the doors. Please let us know if you require any further assistance.

Original review: June 3, 2021

Adam showed up at 7:10 am to install a new step in shower. He proceeded to lay out rubber mats through the house to keep any debris from being tacked through the house. Removed old tub/shower proceeded to put plywood backing up on wall so grab bars would have a strong anchor to attach to. Cleaned up all remaining dust and dirt started installation of new shower/glass doors and new plumbing fixtures as well. He finished up the installation before 2 o'clock pm and had all cleaned up. Recommend him very highly.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Jim, thank you so much for your review! We are so glad to hear Adam was able to complete everything to your satisfaction!

Original review: May 28, 2021

Best contractor experience ever. James from Bath Fitter showed up on time and was very professional, Organized, polite and was very respectful entering our home. Followed all Covid-19 protocols. Cleaned up everything before he left each day. Ran into a small issue with the previous plumbing. James was able to get the issue rectified quickly and was able to complete his job. Could not be happier with the end results. Gonna be hard to wait 24 hours before I can take a bath in the new tub. Love it. Would recommend Bath Fitter in a heartbeat. GREAT JOB!!!

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Christopher! We are so glad to hear James was able to provide you with a great experience. Thank you for your business!

Bath Fitter Company Information