toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Best experience with Bath Fitter-professional, on time, hard working, clean after job was done. Both bathrooms now look great and clean. We used Bath fitter 20 years ago at another property and it's still holding up. A little pricey but cheaper than a total bathroom redo!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When we realized that we needed to get our mother a walk-in shower, I went on the website for Bath Fitter. I saw their number and made the call. The sales representative was very good, very personable, knowledgeable and gave a very nice presentation. We enjoyed him. He was not high-pressured at all. The installation man told us that it could possibly take two days. So we took my mother to our house in Pennsylvania. Then they called and said it was already done in one day. But we didn't want to turn around and drive her back the very next day as she's 93 years old. My brother went up and saw it before we did. He called us and said it looks beautiful. When we walked in, it was spotless. We felt very comfortable with the whole process. They made it very easy for us and gave us choices. My mother is thrilled with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed to remodel our bathroom and so I purchased a tub from Bath Fitter back in October. They had the lowest price in the store. The sales rep was very knowledgeable about the product. I was amazed with the installation team. They were in and out and cleaned up after themselves. I have no problems with Bath Fitter and I've been very satisfied.

Hi Yolanda,

Thanks for writing and letting us know about your Bath Fitter experience - we apologize for any difficulty and would love the opportunity to fix it. We very much appreciate your feedback and have been notified that your local branch has already been in touch to address your concerns. Please continue to update us and let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks again!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

A couple of years ago, a neighbor suggested that we give Bath Fitter a try for our bathroom remodeling. Needless to say, we ended up letting them remodel two bathrooms. Everything was good, so we thought. However, we started to notice stress fractures in the corners in the master bathroom. After poor customer service, not having the original design, and scheduling issues, it appeared that they finally got it right. That was not the case. We now have issues with both bathrooms. I inquired about the amount of time to resolve this. Of course, I should have known that I would not get anything definitive. I am so disgusted at this point.

On the other hand, I need to make it clear that we believe it's the product not the technicians. We are convinced that these products are not as good as they think. This company certainly has changed since we were first introduced to them. At this point, my husband and I regret that we entrusted them to be a part of our home. Above all, we want this repaired correctly. Did I mention that this will be the fourth time that we have experienced an issue. With this in mind, we also wonder if they should hire a contractor to come in and do both bathrooms over. After all, it would probably be much simpler for them. It certainly appears that our holidays are going to be inconvenienced. Finally, we advise others to check the corners and bends in their walls. It may just turn out that seamless doesn't work for every situation.

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for writing and telling us about your experience. We're sorry for any inconveniences that you've faced and we would love the opportunity to rectify them. It's been brought to our attention that the local office has been in touch and is addressing your situation. Please update us.

Thanks again!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2016

We had Bath Fitter replace 3 tubs and 3 toilets. The sales rep was very nice. However, once the work was done the headaches started and money still pouring out. First of all you should know that certified plumbers are NOT doing the work. They sent guys out to do the work and the plumber came by for about 2 min, did a minimal visual scan and said all was good. The first time I took a bath upstairs after they replaced the tub I went downstairs and all our new flooring was flooded. Turns out the guy doing the work did not connect the drain pipes. That was on a Sat about 2 am. I called and left Bath Fitter a message. A woman called me back, either Sun or Mon and didn't offer to send anyone out to fix the problem or to clean up the flooded areas. I called and left message for manager and he did not return my call until 4 days later and then he yelled at me for hiring a company to come dry out the floors, ceilings, and walls.

When I asked him for their insurance info he refused to give it to me. We had to get our insurance company to subrogate with theirs. I think about a week and a half into it, their insurance company finally gave us a call. Then the manager refused to talk to me. He said he would not talk to me as I had not signed the check, someone else in my family had. However, I signed the contract! When the person who signed the checked called the manager, he never returned the call. Then a few months later we had the commode they installed leak and we had to hire a plumber to fix that and to replace the subflooring. Now we have mold in all the areas that Bath Fitter worked on and we had leaks. Not only is it costing us thousands in lost rental income, but also thousands and thousands to get everything fixed! In my opinion, you should run as fast as you can away from this company!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

Hi Tracey,

Thanks for writing and letting us know about this. We're sorry about any inconveniences you've been facing. We've sent your situation and contact information onto our corporate customer care team and someone should be in touch. Please let us know when you hear from your local branch and if you have any further questions.

Thanks again!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2016

Location of Install: Fort Washington, MD - My mother got Bath Fitter to improve her full bath. They installed the new tub/shower surround and installed a new high energy efficient toilet. It all looked great and working well. Until the toilet started leaking into the dining area below. My hubby cut a hole in the ceiling to see where the leak was coming from and found it was the toilet. My mother called Bath Fitter. They sent someone out the next day (week of Thanksgiving). All great. Until the person who came out told her they are not responsible for the damage to the ceiling and if it happens again she needs to call a licensed plumber.

He also said the problem was the flange which has been in place for years and NEVER leaked with the old toilet. The install is what caused the leak and the person who initially came out to do the install missed a step when installing the toilet which caused the leak. So, we feel Bath Fitter should pay for the repairs to the ceiling and plan to write a letter.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Dec. 1, 2016

Thank you for your response. They came back to fix the faucet and three representatives from Bath Fitter came to my house this evening and have come up with a plan to resolve the issue. They will be working with me to get it fixed in the near future.

Hello Krisitn,

Thanks for writing and letting us know about this. It has been brought to our attention that your local office has been in contact and your faucet has been corrected. We were also informed that a follow up visit has been scheduled. Please let us know if there's anything else that we can help you with.

Thanks!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

The salesperson was wonderful and talked me through all my questions. The scheduling department was great and worked around my crazy schedule. The day before the installation, I received an email with directions to get the house ready for the installing as well as a phone call to confirm the appointment. They arrived within their window and began installing quickly. I loved the way it looked and couldn't wait to take my first shower but I waited the required 24 hours.

I instantly noticed a leak from the faucet/spigot and another one on the opposite side of the tub. I called Friday morning to report this and they sent the installer out that afternoon. He was able to fix the spigot right away but, after talking to his boss, told me that the other problem could not be fixed. He said it was because my original tub was already tipped forward before the new tub was put over it that they could not fix it. They recommended getting one of those plastic splash guards and attach it to the corner of the tub.

Even though I told them that my former tub never leaked and that I was not happy about putting those ugly plastic corners on my brand new beautiful tub, they said there was nothing they could do. I am currently waiting for a call back from their office about this and I may have to cancel my daughter's installation (even though I really don't want to). I am hoping a better solution can be reached.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I called bath Fitter a little over a year ago and they came to the house and the rep introduced walk-in the tub. It sounded like what we wanted, so we bought it. The installation team was good and did well even though there’s a couple of things that I didn’t like. I had the tile around where the sharp fitting was on the wall and instead of replacing the tile with the same tile that was there, they put a plastic patch of it. That cheapens the whole installation but it works.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The Bath Fitter sales rep was very nice and knowledgeable while the installers were excellent. I just called their service line because with the corner shower unit that I bought and use, the floor squeaks right around the drain and they’re gonna have somebody contact me.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

If it hadn't been Bath Fitter, we wouldn’t have gotten our bathroom done We bought the shower tub overlay and the walls surrounding in the lower half of the bathroom from them and everything worked out good. Their sales reps were all good and the installation team was awesome. There were no problems.

Hello,

Thanks for writing and letting us know. It has been brought to our attention that your concerns have already been addressed by your local branch. Please let us know if this is not the case and feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Thanks!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2016

I called today to ask for someone to look at my $4600 shower that's less than 2 years old and was told it could be fixed for $75. Very disappointing on such an investment. I am not a Bath Fitter Fan right now and probably not the best spokesperson.

Two baths updated - stall shower & tub w/ shower surround, on two different days. Both experiences went extremely well. Installer arrived as scheduled, worked straight through until job was completed, and when done he took the old parts and debris with him.

Hello,

Thanks for reaching and telling us about your experience. It has been brought to our attention that the local office has already been in touch and arrangements have been made to address your concerns. Please continue to update us about your situation.

Thanks!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2016

On April 20, 2015 I had my bathroom tub remodeled. Sales rep was very professional, the bathtub looks great, but in the past weeks it gets clogged. After a bath the water just stands, does not go down the drain. So when you enter the bathroom you get an odor from standing water. I believe under the tub was not placed correctly and this is causing the odor. I've called today to complain but I get an answering service. I leave a message and no one has called me back.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I called some other companies and heard about Bath Fitter from my dad. I liked Bath Fitter's lifetime guarantee so I got an Empress tub from them last June. The sales rep was very personable and the installation guy did a really good job and was very professional. However, the work was completed in about seven weeks which was a little longer than I thought it would take when I first ordered it. But overall it was a really good work.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had the presentation from Bath Fitter in the summer and that’s when we set up everything to be done. Bruce was the salesperson who came out and did the presentation about the products that Bath Fitter offered and he was excellent. He was very congenial and it almost felt like he was a member of the family. The technician who came to do the installation worked within the timeframe we were told. I wasn’t there when the installations took place, but when I left we had the old bathroom, and when I came home, I came home to a new bathroom and it was beautiful.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I made a purchase from Bath Fitter two months ago. The sales rep came in and did an excellent job. He measured and so everything went great. It was the same with the installation. A guy came in and did a very thorough job. The thing is, I had to call them when the product came in and they didn’t call me. They were supposed to call me when the parts and the product came in and I waited and waited almost three additional weeks and that part was already in. That part could be improved.

I was very happy with the service from start to end. Salesman, Pat ** was very helpful and knowledgeable. Installer was friendly, helpful and did a beautiful job. Finished in 1 day. Would definitely recommend to a friend. The entire process went very smoothly from start to finish.

Our experience with Bath Fitter was fantastic! Every person with whom we interacted---the salesman, pre-installation man, those on the telephone, installer----every one of them was kind, professional, friendly and a joy! We are completely happy with the results, and thank you for the excellent service. As with anything, it would've been nice if the entire project had not been so pricey----but we feel the service and installation were very well-done, and are completely satisfied. Thank you!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My friend referred me to Bath Fitter. We saw Bath Fitter at one of the fairs and I purchased two different bathrooms from them. However, my friend never got her $100. We got the $100 for the first one as a referral and they claimed that her name wasn’t even on file and that they put it on file. They eventually sent her her money, but we had to kinda beg for it. Other than that, my experience with their reps has been good.

Hi Josie,

Thanks for sharing! We're so glad that you had a positive experience and are loving your Bath Fitter! Feel free to follow up with pictures :)

Thanks again

Original review: Nov. 15, 2016

Bath Fitter was great. They were very fair and very nice people to work with and went out of their way. I like them. I got a bathtub with the wall enclosed and all new fixtures. They came in and brought in a booklet that I could look at to see whether I wanted a design in the walls. They showed me the fixtures, and how the tub would go over the top of my tub.

We had a beige tub with everything else white, which was really ridiculous. The people before me must have changed some things and I said I wanted it all white. So that's what I did. The installation crew were wonderful. They were in and out in one day, and very clean. I have carpeting throughout my house and they came in and put something, whatever it was, it went up my steps across my hallway to the bathroom where they were working. They covered everything, which really amazed me because most people they'll just come right in and that's it. They knew their businesses. I was very satisfied with them and I would recommend them.

Well we had a pretty big project. After the first day the man went home, we developed a leak in the wall of the untouched bathroom. The man came right back and fixed the leak, no charge then finished the job. Excellent job.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My mom and my ex-husband told me about Bath Fitter and they both liked their bathtubs. My bathtub was installed last September and the installation was fine. The only thing I'd complain about is they told me that they would give my mother $100 for the referral, but she had it done 10 years ago and she moved down to Pennsylvania. They don’t have any record in Pennsylvania of her ever having had it and since she moved she threw away her receipts so she couldn’t prove it. I was a little ticked off that she didn’t get her money. Other than that, they did a good job.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We've been thinking about remodeling our bathroom but we haven't been able to do it yet. Then I saw Bath Fitter advertised somewhere. We got the tub from them and it's amazing. They put it in beginning of September and we had other issues we had to deal with before we let them come in the house. It just worked out and they were able to get it done in one day. Their staff seemed knowledgeable. The installation team were good and everything was cleaned up when they were done. I have recommended them and will recommend them again.

Hi Roy,

Thanks so much for writing and providing valuable feedback. It has been brought to our attention that your local office has been in touch and will schedule some time with you soon in order to address your concerns.

Thanks again.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2016

While I am grateful to have a working shower, outside of the material used to make the shower enclosure. The doors are unsafe, for that kind of money I thought the doors would be a lot sturdier. The glass is really thin and not support a grown-up's weight if they were to fall, and I was also under the impression the doors would be as tall as the enclosure.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'd been thinking about remodeling my bathroom for quite a while and I had gotten from other companies a couple of prior estimates, which were high. I was looking for something a little more reasonable, and that’s what Bath Fitter gave me so I went with them. I purchased a shower and I like it. The installation went smoothly and quickly. Initially, I allowed two days for the installation but the installation guy was able to get it done in a single day.

Hi Teri,

Thanks for writing and letting us know about this. We would love the opportunity to hear your concerns and address them. It has been brought to our attention that your local branch has been contacted and someone will be in touch shortly to address your concerns.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2016

We contacted Bath Fitter because of their reputation. We thought the price was extremely high, but because we thought they would do a great job, we accepted the price. It looks good but there are several issues that I am not pleased with. They put a gouge in the drywall outside the shower while taking the old drywall out and did not repair it. They also got white glue or plaster in the gray grout on our tile floor and did not clean it up, so now it has set. The bar on the outside shower door lines up behind our sink, so we can't hang a towel on it or use it. And the worst thing is that they advertise the floor is non-slip and it is not. We had to purchase a non-slip floor covering from somewhere else so that it will be safe. I voiced some of these concerns on the survey they left with us, but they never addressed them. Not pleased Bath Fitter!!

Hi Robert,

Thanks for writing and sharing your experience. We're so glad that you had a positive experience and were greeted with top notch service. We hope you enjoy your Bath Fitter for years to come!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2016

I went to a home show and heard about Bath Fitter. I knew they had a quality product and I talked to a couple of other people who had work done in their homes and they were more than satisfied. We got a shower stall from them back in April of this year but we delayed the installation of it until this September. The sales rep was a knowledgeable fellow and able to explain what was going to be done. The installer did what he said he would do, answered questions and explained what he wanted done. We had a little issue with a step into the shower and I asked that he make the step as little as possible. That wasn't discussed initially but the installer cooperated very much in getting that done. All went well and as planned.

Hi Philis,

Thanks for writing and sharing with us - we're so glad that you are your husband are happy with your Bath Fitter and all of its accessories. Feel free to follow up with some pictures :)

Thanks!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2016

My husband and I are very pleased with the results of the wonderful changes that Bath Fitter has made to our bathroom. It's a lot easier to manage the cleaning too! With a few added accessories and personal touches to the completed work, our new bathroom will be picture perfect.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Overall, it was excellent with Bath Fitter. However, I'm not sure if the hot water faucet is working quite right. The Bath Fitter people need to call and come check it. There's not much of a range. If you start to turn the faucet on, the water will get hot, but for just a little while, then it starts to cool, and then the rest of it is so cold. This is the only other bath I squared away, and I don't know whether it's set in there right or not.

I had 2 bathrooms updated by Bath Fitter. They showed up when Scheduled. They were both professional and very courteous. It took them 1 day to install. Everything was perfect. I am very happy with the product and colors. The install went flawlessly. They went over care, cleaning and operation of the shower and bath. I had my bathrooms updated from the floor to the ceiling, and with the tub and shower, the bathrooms still didn't look updated. The bathrooms were 35 years old. I am the original owner. After the Bath Fitter equipment was installed, my bathrooms look new again. Thank You Bath Fitter.

Bath Fitter Company Profile