4.3/5 (117 ratings)

About Bath Fitter

Bath Fitter is an acrylic bathtub, shower enclosure and tub-to-shower conversion company. The company’s bathtub refinishing products are custom molded to fit over existing fixtures for quick and clean bathroom renovations that last a lifetime. The company can complete installations in just one day.

Pros

• Next-day service
    • Demolition-free remodeling
    • Lifetime warranty on installation

Cons

• Regular cleaning required
    • Design consultation needed for quote

Bottom Line

Homes and commercial bathrooms in need of a quick remodel benefit from Bath Fitter’s next-day service and fast installation. Special care is required to maintain the new bathtub or shower, but it provides an affordable upgrade.

Top Bath Fitter Reviews

Verified

We called Bathfitter because our hallway bathroom was in terrible shape... The end result was fabulous. We now have an extremely beautiful tub and shower enclosure. Top notch inst...

Verified

[The installers] were kind and respectful of our home and explained their work as they proceeded in the project … We are delighted with our new shower. It has brightened up our ma...

How does Bath Fitter work?

Bath Fitter’s acrylic tub shells and walls can be installed over existing structures in as little as one day. Bath Fitter has locations in the U.S. and Canada, and its factory-trained and certified installation technicians provide homeowners and commercial clients with a demolition-free remodeling solution.

The process is simple:

1. Bath Fitter’s bathroom specialists measure the tub or shower, then custom-build the new structure in one of the company’s facilities.
    2. The current surface is cleaned and repaired.
    3. The new tub shell and wall are then installed over the existing tub or shower.

Customers can browse through Bath Fitter’s selection of shelves, soap dishes, towel bars, shower rods, trims and moldings on the company’s website. A “Design Your Own Bathroom” tool lets you design a bathtub or shower with different bases, colors, wall patterns and accessories to see what the finished product will look like.

Bath Fitter cost

Bath Fitter offers specialized services, so the cost varies based on each homeowner’s needs. The company recommends contacting its representatives for a custom solution and quote. You can schedule a free virtual consultation on Bath Fitter’s website, and the company’s services include a lifetime warranty that lasts for as long as you own your home.

Bath Fitter FAQ

What is the average cost of a Bath Fitter installation?
    The average cost of a Bath Fitter installation depends on each homeowner’s or facility’s needs. Schedule a free consultation on the Bath Fitter website for a personalized price estimate.
    How long does it take to install a bath fitter?
    Bath Fitter can install your new bathtub or shower enclosure and walls in as little as one day.
    What does Bath Fitter’s warranty cover?
    Bath Fitter’s warranty covers acrylic bathtubs, tub surrounds, replacement showers and shower conversions.
    Does Bath Fitter do plumbing?
    Bath Fitter’s process doesn’t include demolition or plumbing work. Instead, the company places the new structure over your existing bathtub.
    Does mold grow under a Bath Fitter shell?
    Yes, mold or mildew can grow under a Bath Fitter enclosure. Regular maintenance is required to keep buildup or residue from growing.

Is Bath Fitter worth it?

Bath Fitter helps individuals remodel their bathrooms with little to no construction. The company’s demolition-free process is ideal for those who’d like to update their current bathtub or shower for aesthetic or safety reasons. While it’s challenging to determine the price of services upfront, Bath Fitter lets customers easily book a virtual design consultation for more information. We recommend Bath Fitter for customers in search of an affordable and noninvasive remodeling solution.

Bath Fitter Reviews

Original review: April 28, 2021

This was a wonderful experience. My installer was Josh **. He very polite and was a skilled craftsman. The bathroom has been transformed into a show place and just what I needed. I could not be more pleased. I would certainly recommend Bath Fitters and Mr. **.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Arleane! We are glad to hear you are loving your new shower!

Get buying tips about Bathroom Remodeling Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: April 28, 2021

Bath Fitter's "lifetime warranty" is NOT as advertised in its sales literature or on its trucks. One should not believe the following statement found on Bath Fitter's current website: "Lifetime warranty. Every Bath Fitter Installation is guaranteed for life, so you can be confident in your bath remodel." According to Alice (Newark, CA Bath Fitter Branch Manager), the published "lifetime warranty" only applies to the product; the WARRANTY ON LABOR IS ONE YEAR (not lifetime).

I was a happy Bath Fitter customer until I noticed a six-inch crack in my Bath Fitter purchased nine years earlier and I spoke with Enrique at Bath Fitter's Newark, California location. Enrique advised me the liner would be covered under the "lifetime warranty," but the installation would cost me $517. He further stated that he would not order the replacement liner unless I agreed to pay the $517; under duress, I agreed to pay that amount. William (Newark Bath Fitter's professional installer) replaced the liner at my home and we agreed that I was utilizing a Bath Fitter recommended cleaning solution in effect at the time of purchase and at the present time (Bath Fitter "Cleaner Product List" updated November 2020) and there was no evidence of any misuse or negligence in maintenance.

Dozens of other customers have complained about Bath Fitter's misleading published "lifetime warranty" on consumeraffairs.com. An official Bath Fitter response to another customer's "lifetime" warranty complaint was that the reinstallation charge was merely a "service fee." Ultimately, Alice agreed to offer a $517 deduction on a future project; but refused to issue a refund without a new bathroom order. This was unacceptable to me.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Lawrence, thank you for your feedback. We are aware of this matter and we have spoken with the local team to gather more information. The Newark location will be in contact to discuss this matter further with you. Please do not hesitate to reach out if there is anything else we can do to assist. Thank you.

Original review: April 25, 2021

I'd been cautioned that the work could take 2 days, but Jeremy worked a longer day to finish it in 1! He showed up promptly, carefully protected the floors where he needed to bring in supplies, and by the end of the day had entirely transformed the bath. His cheerful demeanor and professionalism were so welcome. I definitely would recommend Bath Fitter!

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Alice! We are glad to hear Jeremy was able to provide you with a great experience!

Original review: April 23, 2021

I first received a quote from Rob back in October 2020, he was very friendly and knowledgeable until I told him we wouldn't be moving forward as we were not ready. He went from being friendly to arrogant and rude. I waited several months and called back to see if I could deal with someone else. They sent Lindsey (Jan 27), she was amazing even through all the issues. On day of install (Feb 16) a lovely man, I think his name was Chino came to install. He told me the tub was incorrect and would have to order a new one as this one was the wrong size. So I had to wait another 4 weeks to have another tub.

March 12 another tub came, again wrong size. So I called to speak to the GM Orlando, who was anything but apologetic, he threw Lindsay under the bus saying she measure wrong. Well Lindsay came back measured a second time to only get the same measurements. Turns outs systems had changed and there was a mistake in the measures. Which is apparently my fault. So had to wait again.

Well yesterday (April 22), they finally got it right. But during this whole process they damaged the drywall in my bathroom, which I now have to wait until May 2 to get the damage fix but they had no problem charging me minus a $250 discount for all my problems wow so generous. And this entire time NO APOLOGY for all the issues just excuses, oh they were having a bad day, new staff, staff measured wrong..., horrible communication, no customer service. I have had to follow up with every single issue. No one ever got back to me. It is evident by the BBB rating that this company really doesn't care about customer service. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!!

Bath Fitter response

Hi Shellee, we are sorry to hear that your experience with Bath Fitter has not been a positive one thus far. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and we will be reaching out to the local branch to look into this matter further. If you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to let us know. Thank you.

Original review: April 22, 2021

Bath Fitter of West Palm Beach Florida. I recently had a tub removed and a new shower enclosure installed by Chris. The tub was removed by Esteban. Chris was my installer. He arrived on time and was very courteous and efficient. Chris did an excellent job on the install and cleaned up very well. The communication with everyone at Bath Fitter of West Palm Beach was excellent. I would highly recommend Bath Fitter of West Palm Beach Florida and Chris in particular!!! I'm very proud of my new shower!

Bath Fitter response

Thank you so much for your review Jerry! We are glad to hear everything was completed to your satisfaction!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

Updated on 04/01/2021: BathFitter did a great job installing my shower. The crew was very professional and courteous and the finished project is tip-top, so much so that I hired them to do my 2nd bathroom also. They delivered what was proposed and promised. I recommend BathFitter to anyone without hesitation. I feel that if they're good enough for me surely they're good enough for anyone else, especially senior citizens and older/disabled Veterans subject to VA HISA Grants.

Original Review: The work crew for Bath Fitter did an excellent job and I am very pleased with their work; furthermore, I am so pleased that I contracted Bath Fitter to install another shower providing the same 3 crew members perform the task (Derek, Chris & Louis). I also conveyed my sentiments to the VA officials who oversee the VA HISA Grants so they also know what a great job Bath Fitter completed.

Thank you.

U. E. CHAPA

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Uvaldo! We are glad to hear everything was completed to your satisfaction!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

We recently moved into a new home where the master bath had a very dated jacuzzi tub installed. While the tub was in working order, tiles had seen better days and the tub itself was a yellowed ivory that did not match our decor. It was also extremely high to step over when getting and out of the shower. We decided to contact Bathfitter to convert the tub to a shower and it has made a huge difference in our space, with clean lines and a sleek profile our new shower is easy to get in and out of and has opened up the small bathroom to make it feel like a spa! Our consultant was extremely accurate and thorough with measurements and feature selection and the entire project was completed to picture-perfection in one day with no tidy up left for me to handle.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you so much for your review Jennette! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2020

I cannot say enough about Zack the installer for Bath Fitter. He was by far outstanding and very professional. My wife and I truly love the finished installation. The problem I had with Bath Fitter was the lack of communication on their part. My installer started the job and the next day was off due to an injury which no one advised me of after making several calls to the main office. Finally after 3 days I contacted the salesman that came to our home Jim who also is outstanding. I explained to him that after waiting 3 months for the installation to start and finally got started with bathroom being stripped down for installation but no one has returned after day one, and that I had called three times and left messages as to what was going on that finally he was able to have someone contact me on the 4th day to inform me of what happened. I told them that it would have been nice if someone would have contacted myself or my wife as to the delay.

So with all that the final installation looks fantastic thanks to one of the hardest working young men I know. (Zack) Bath Fitter should award this young man because he was a perfectionist in his completed work. I then thanked Zack and explained to him because of the three month waiting for installation and the problems that happened after day one that I was going to wait 30 days to make sure there were no problems with the installation. I have done this because if there is Bath Fitter would address the issue or issues if any in a responsible time frame due to me still owing a considerable balance. Once the 30 days are up I will go to the Bath Fitter's location in Evansville and make my final payment. Other than that your installers are the best and the products look exceptional. Thank you so much and sorry for the final payment delay. Sincerely Steven **

Bath Fitter response

Thank you so much for your great review Steven! We are so thrilled to hear Zack was able to go above and beyond to complete everything to your satisfaction. Thank you for your business!!

Original review: July 3, 2020

I highly recommend using Bath Fitter for a bathroom remodel! The salesman who came to our home to show us the products was highly knowledgeable. Once he understood our budget, he stayed right on course. There was no pressure to purchase more than we could afford. He never tried to "upsale" us, and he made sure we had the best product for our budget. The installer was equally professional. We had done some of the demolition prior to him coming out to install. He never said, but I had the feeling we hadn't done everything he needed for him to immediately start the shower install. He said it would take 2 days from start to finish, and he was right on time. Our entire experience with Bath Fitter was amazing, and one week later we are in love with our new bathroom. Thank you Bath Fitter staff for a job extremely well done!!

Bath Fitter response

Thank you so much for sharing your great experience Elizabeth!

Original review: May 29, 2020

We called Bathfitter because our hallway bathroom was in terrible shape. Patrick was our representative and he was extremely thorough and didn't waste our time with the presentation. He took all the measurements and we ordered tub, shower, glass doors and grip bars. Bathfitter kept us appraised of the timeline and when installation would take place. Excellent follow-up from the company.

James ** was our installer. He arrived on time, spent the entire day installing our products. The end result was fabulous. We now have an extremely beautiful tub and shower enclosure. Top notch installation and we commend him personally for the great work. We would recommend both Bathfitter and James for any job. We chose you because my wife saw your ad on TV but she hesitated saying, "Those are just actors." She is willing to do an ad for you as a real satisfied customer.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Kim! We are so glad to hear our team was able to provide you with a great experience!!

Bath Fitter Company Information