4.2/5 (232 ratings)

About Bath Fitter

Bath Fitter is an acrylic bathtub, shower enclosure and tub-to-shower conversion company. The company’s bathtub refinishing products are custom molded to fit over existing fixtures for quick and clean bathroom renovations that last a lifetime. The company can complete installations in just one day.

Pros

• Next-day service
  • Demolition-free remodeling
  • Lifetime warranty on installation

Cons

• Regular cleaning required
  • Design consultation needed for quote

Bottom Line

Homes and commercial bathrooms in need of a quick remodel benefit from Bath Fitter’s next-day service and fast installation. Special care is required to maintain the new bathtub or shower, but it provides an affordable upgrade.

Top Bath Fitter Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

We called Bathfitter because our hallway bathroom was in terrible shape... The end result was fabulous. We now have an extremely beautiful tub and shower enclosure. Top notch inst...

Verified

[The installers] were kind and respectful of our home and explained their work as they proceeded in the project … We are delighted with our new shower. It has brightened up our ma...

How does Bath Fitter work?

Bath Fitter’s acrylic tub shells and walls can be installed over existing structures in as little as one day. Bath Fitter has locations in the U.S. and Canada, and its factory-trained and certified installation technicians provide homeowners and commercial clients with a demolition-free remodeling solution.

The process is simple:

1. Bath Fitter’s bathroom specialists measure the tub or shower, then custom-build the new structure in one of the company’s facilities.
  2. The current surface is cleaned and repaired.
  3. The new tub shell and wall are then installed over the existing tub or shower.

Customers can browse through Bath Fitter’s selection of shelves, soap dishes, towel bars, shower rods, trims and moldings on the company’s website. A “Design Your Own Bathroom” tool lets you design a bathtub or shower with different bases, colors, wall patterns and accessories to see what the finished product will look like.

Bath Fitter cost

Bath Fitter offers specialized services, so the cost varies based on each homeowner’s needs. The company recommends contacting its representatives for a custom solution and quote. You can schedule a free virtual consultation on Bath Fitter’s website, and the company’s services include a lifetime warranty that lasts for as long as you own your home.

Bath Fitter FAQ

What is the average cost of a Bath Fitter installation?
The average cost of a Bath Fitter installation depends on each homeowner’s or facility’s needs. Schedule a free consultation on the Bath Fitter website for a personalized price estimate.
How long does it take to install a bath fitter?
Bath Fitter can install your new bathtub or shower enclosure and walls in as little as one day.
What does Bath Fitter’s warranty cover?
Bath Fitter’s warranty covers acrylic bathtubs, tub surrounds, replacement showers and shower conversions.
Does Bath Fitter do plumbing?
Bath Fitter’s process doesn’t include demolition or plumbing work. Instead, the company places the new structure over your existing bathtub.
Does mold grow under a Bath Fitter shell?
Yes, mold or mildew can grow under a Bath Fitter enclosure. Regular maintenance is required to keep buildup or residue from growing.

Is Bath Fitter worth it?

Bath Fitter helps individuals remodel their bathrooms with little to no construction. The company’s demolition-free process is ideal for those who’d like to update their current bathtub or shower for aesthetic or safety reasons. While it’s challenging to determine the price of services upfront, Bath Fitter lets customers easily book a virtual design consultation for more information. We recommend Bath Fitter for customers in search of an affordable and noninvasive remodeling solution.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

Original review: March 5, 2022

Often, when we buy a product, especially for our homes, we develop high expectations for the results we are anticipating. However, we are often disappointed that, even when the end result is satisfactory, it is less than what was hoped for. That was not the case regarding our investment in a BathFitter tub and shower renovation we recently experienced. The results were much better than we expected due to the quality of the product and the incredible skill and work ethic of the installer. It began with the purchase when the sales rep helped us select from among several options for plumbing fixtures, walls, and tub color. The sales rep was courteous and patient while we stepped through our options.

Next was the installation. Our installer, Levi **, was incredible. He called us the day before the installation to make sure that we were still on schedule and expecting his arrival in the morning. We confirmed that we were. The next morning, about a half hour before we were expecting him, he called again to confirm the exact time he would arrive: 7:45 AM. At exactly 7:45, there was a knock on the door. It was Levi. He introduced himself, asked if he could see the bathroom he was going to work on before he brought in his tools and supplies. We showed him the bathroom and he confirmed with us what walls he was to remove and where we wanted our new plumbing fixtures located.

After that, he brought in his tools, placing them in the exact order he would need them, to maximize his efficiency of installation. He then turned off the outside water and removed the old walls, carefully taking them outside to place near his van to haul away later. All day long, he worked without stopping, not even to chit-chat and not taking a break for lunch. His work ethic was unparalleled in my years of experience as a residential contractor. He worked fast and efficiently as he grabbed one tool, and another to remove the walls and make the necessary changes to the plumbing, again confirming with me the placement of the water handle and shower head fixtures.

He then brought in the beautiful one-piece wall, made some cuts to modify the wall to fit exactly in the space he had created when he removed the old walls. He then secured the sheets of plumbing wallboard to the studs around the bathtub and shower wall enclosure. Once that was finished, he mounted the one-piece wall that we had selected. It was beautiful! I couldn’t believe it.

Next, he showed his superb problem-solving skills when he discovered that the bathroom was so small that the bathroom cabinets were placed in such a way that he could not use the standard installation procedure to place the new tub shell over the old tub. He gave it some thought and came up with a strategy for overcoming the space problem without doing any damage to the tub shell, new walls, or old bathtub. Once that problem was solved, he applied the adhesive strips to the old tub and fitted the new tub shell over the old tub. It went into place perfectly. Next, he applied the trim and caulked around the trim and where the tub met the floor. I inspected his caulking. It was perfect. It looked like it could only have been done by a machine to end up so good looking.

Lastly, he picked up his tools, cleaned up the work area, taking the scraps out to this truck in big bags that kept the dirt and scraps from messing up our floors. Then he swept the whole work area clean and invited me to inspect the final installation. It was absolutely amazing! I signed the finished inspection paperwork and he was on his way, exactly 10 hours after he started the job in the morning. The tub and shower wall and fixtures looked even better than we were expecting, and the bathroom floor was immaculate. BathFitter, you made a masterful hiring when you hired Mr. ** to be an installer. In short, he was punctual, personable, knowledgeable, efficient, innovative, careful, accurate, critical-thinking, and professional. We are so pleased with our new bathroom.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you so much for your great review John!

Get buying tips about Bathroom Remodeling Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2022

We had a 1 piece acrylic tub and surround that was probably as old as our house and in very bad shape. We got a quote from a different contractor, and one from Bath Fitter as well as evaluating the cost of DIY (as well as the ability to DIY). Bath Fitter wound up being just a little more than half of the contractor. Bath Fitter is often known more for the tub liners that go over the old, but ours could not be done that way, so it was a new tub with their wall. Their walls are excellent as they are one piece molded with special equipment so that there are no seams in the corners on the walls.

The surround goes from the top of the tub to the ceiling. We also had them install a new ceiling, also of acrylic to prevent mold and mildew. The installation was done actually faster than what they had predicted by probably a couple of hours. We did have to wait the 48 hours after to use it (which is common for any bath install, so the caulk can cure). The finished job is quite attractive and now I will be remodelling the rest of the bathroom as money and time permits, for a much more reasonable cost. I would definitely recommend this to anyone wishing to redo their bathtub and surround. Very good job and very quality work.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Raymond, thank you so much for sharing your experience! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

October 1, 2021, I had a fall at work and suffered a spinal injury that left me in a state where I needed to install a shower that could accommodate my new limitations and allow for a safe environment for something as simple as taking a shower. I am so thankful to Bath Fitter. Their Rep Walter helped us to create an installation that came into an acceptable budget, he even put a request to prioritize my install date. Helping to get our shower installed in the least amount of waiting time, thanks Walt.

It is so easy to take for granted something as simple as a shower, but when you experience something as serious as a spinal cord injury and you are stuck using your own savings because it takes forever to settle a workman's comp case and needed renovations are not covered by any assistance and you are receiving zero income, you really appreciate people like our rep Walter and our installer Joe L. I cannot say enough about them and I want to include the office personnel that pushed our install forward and the shop that built our custom shower designed by us and our rep Walter. Everyone has been very courteous and answered all of my concerns. When I upgrade my other bath I will certainly call Bathfitter and most definitely ask for Joe Linder. Joe does awesome work and went out of his way at times to accommodate my concerns. Thanks.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Stephen, thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. We are so proud that our team and our service was able to help you out during this difficult time. Its experiences like these that make it all worth it. Thank you for your review.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

We expressed that the hot water wasn't coming out strongly. So Bath Fitter kept telling us that's how the water should come out because it's a low flow fixture. But we disagreed with their comment. My husband who's a plumber tried telling them something had to be in the fixture or pipe. But they told him he was wrong, they said the water on the hot side should come out that slowly.

My husband had them take out the stem of the new fixture and he saw pieces of grout from our walls that they broke up come out of the fixture. That was when my husband said pieces of grout had to be in the pipe and is between the pipe and fixture therefore obstructing the flow of water on the hot side. We asked them to fix issue but they were unprofessional. We got tired of fusing with them, so my husband fixed the issue by cutting the pipe, draining it and blowing air pressure through to remove the grout in the pipe. Management handled us very unprofessionally. We spent thousands of dollar to not be happy and for my husband to have to do plumbing work for something he already paid for.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Andrea, we are sorry to hear about this experience. We appreciate your feedback and will look into this matter further. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

The sales representative came to our house. We picked out the product we wanted. He was knowledgeable, helpful, and very kind. My husband and I know a professional workman who builds and renovates homes who was going to help remove the garden tub and put in the plumbing lines to prepare for the Bath Fitter installer. The sales rep took all the measurements and assured us of all the things that were important. We liked the fact that there is no grout, the product is mold free, there is a lifetime warranty, and also very important to us we wanted the shower walls to meet the ceiling. We signed the agreement and made our down payment in May and had a scheduled date for July 14. My husband and I do not mind waiting, it's a sign a company is busy.

Everything was ready to go, tub out and down to the concrete with plumbing in place. We decided to have a double shower head, why not?! The sales rep was ALWAYS so helpful when we texted and communicated. On July 14 the installer came and said the drain is opposite of what was recorded. Yes, this is correct. The tub drain was on the right but when it was all ripped out the drain was actually on the left. The pipe wrapped around the tub underneath. This wasn't something we knew would be an issue. It would be good when doing a project like this to have an installer pop out just to check or the sales rep to come back to verify, maybe they could have requested that we text pictures. Nonetheless that was no big deal. We don't mind waiting and getting the job done right.

We understand that we had a different project compared to someone just placing the product over their existing tub. When the installer (different than the first one on July 14) came back on July 30 he said the wall will not go to the ceiling. My heart sank! I really could have just cancelled the whole job. He said he was sent with a flat shower base. That was Greek to me. We never discussed shower base choices. Apparently there are two bases, flat base and a base with a six inch ridge. I said it was not acceptable that the shower walls come short of the ceiling when that was definitely discussed and confirmed with the sales rep. The installer got his boss on the phone. She then called me and said the sales rep did not order a wall to go to the ceiling. I was in shock and very disheartened.

I want you to know that the man who tore out the tub and did the plumbing asked me why he was not putting in a shower for me, I told him I was getting Bath Fitter because it has a lifetime warranty. He could have given me a wall up to the ceiling or anything else I wanted. My husband and I were very excited about the acrylic sleek look that we were getting from Bath Fitter with no mold, no grout! Now, the wall was a BIG issue. So the installer was SO kind and trying to work it out. He talked to his boss about getting the shower base with the six inch rim. She talked to me and said the shower base will come in around Nov 1. Again, that was fine. We don't mind waiting! With COVID things are backed up everywhere.

We don't mind waiting if it is going to be what we want. Lo and behold that day they found the proper base and another installer brought it over. Our installer said this will allow the wall to reach the ceiling. Well, it did not. SO sad, again I really just wanted to rip out the work that was done and cancel. Again, the installer was so kind but all the kindness in the world was not allowing our $5,600 shower walls meet the ceiling. We wanted the sleek look of the Genova finish all the way to the ceiling. Well, I felt there was no choice but to allow the installer to make a trim finish. It looks very professional but not at ALL what we wanted. You would look at the shower and say, "amazing!" "beautiful!" and have no idea that in my heart I'm disappointed.

When you are working with the sales rep be sure to help take measurements. We had no idea how the product actually worked. We did not know the walls are rolled out in a sheet and come in specific sizes. We should have had the larger roll ordered for our job. Or if there is no sheet big enough that needs to be known. If a customer believes the wall is going to the ceiling that is what should be done. If we hired our workman and he did not go to the ceiling with the tile we would say do it right or we don't pay.

Another issue we had is the shower base rim was scuffed up. We noticed this after the 24 hour wait to let everything dry. The Bath Fitter repair man came out the next day and buffed it up beautifully but there are a few scratches that will not buff out. They are very slight and cannot be seen only felt when you get down and brush your fingers over the finish.

Here is our advice:

Yes! Go with Bath Fitter. Our shower is beautiful.
    Take VERY precise measurements.
    KNOW the product and how it will all fit together.
    Inspect the product before it is installed.

This is a very reputable company.

Bath Fitter response

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with Bath Fitter. We are glad to hear that you are happy with the final product and should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to reach out. Thank you and have a great day!

Original review: June 11, 2022

Russell did the renovations for my guest bath/shower and master shower. His work was professional, precise and efficient. He met all challenges to make a very good product. He did a great job with no flaws. The bath and showers look great!

Bath Fitter response

We are so glad to hear Russell was able to complete everything to your satisfaction! Thank you for your review!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: June 8, 2022

I do not recommend Bath Fitter at all. My experience with them has been horrible. The man that came to my house was extremely rude and said some very explicit things in front of me. I can’t believe he is getting away with this kind of behavior and I do not under any circumstances recommend this company. I’m still waiting for my deposit back.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Lisa, we are sorry to hear that your experience with Bath Fitter was not a positive one and we appreciate you bringing this situation to our attention. Our team has sent out the deposit refund on June 13. Please let us know if you need anything else.

Original review: June 3, 2022

Today we had a white tub fitter installed over our 1960s blue tub. It looks fantastic! It has truly updated our bathroom. Anthony was our installer. He did a great job, making sure it was done correctly, and that we were pleased. I would recommend the services of Bath Fitter from our visit for an estimation to the installation by Anthony.

Bath Fitter response

We are so glad to hear Anthony was able to provide you with a great experience! Thank you for your review!

Original review: June 3, 2022

In 2016 we decided to replace the master bathtub with a shower only and replaced 2nd bathroom bathtub. It was the best decision I could have ever made. 6 years now and I still have no regrets in the decision.

Bath Fitter response

That's so great to hear Sandra! Thank you so much for your review!

Original review: May 30, 2022

We went to the showroom and selected our product design. The person that came to our home was rushed and did not do measurements at that time. We decided on a date 2 months from that time. I called a couple of times to request measurement before install but was put off by the salesperson with an attitude. The salesperson did come a few days before scheduled install with little notice. The install was what we expected and it looked better than it did. UNTIL we took a shower 24 hours later. Water pooled on the tub rim, filled the door track and flooded the floor.

We called to have this looked at and it turned out the measurement was wrong; i.e., the tub surround should have been pitched a little more and not level. When I discussed this with the OWNER of the Bath Fitter we used, he actually told me it was our fault since our tub was not pitched correctly and we would not have noticed since we had a shower curtain and basically how dare we impinge his product. ARE YOU SERIOUS. We scheduled a reinstall -- a technician actually removed the doors and re-pitched the tub by pushing the outside of the surround up and covering the gap to the floor with moulding. IT STILL LEAKS and of course it is our fault. Do not deal with these people. We are contacting an attorney. Call a reputable contractor and keep an eye on him.

Bath Fitter Company Information