4.51/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Bath Fitter is North America's leading acrylic bathtub, shower enclosure and tub-to-shower conversion company. Our bathtub refinishing products are custom molded to fit over existing fixtures for quick and clean bathroom renovations that last a lifetime. Best of all, we can complete the installation in just one day without compromising quality.

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 20, 2017

3038 Bath Fitter Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I know people that have had Bath Fitter work on their bathrooms and they look nice. We bought a shower tub from them and we like it a lot. Everybody was great. The sales guy was nice and the installers were very professional. We're very happy with the result and we still are. The tub still looks really good.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

Our house is old and the tub was put in here in 1938. It was showing its wear so I had Bath Fitter put a tub over it. Their installers came in, did their job and I was impressed with their work. The service I received was very good and we're very happy with them.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

We kept our old tub and we put a new shower surround and the installation was great. Bath Fitter sent just one man out and he knew what he was doing. It was a long day and it took 10 to 12 hours, but it got done. There were two or three other guys that showed up to see how he was getting along. He worked hard and they didn't leave any mess. But I've got a beauty ring that goes around the shower pipe that comes out of the wall, and they didn't do anything to secure that. It's about an inch off from the wall right now, and I don't think that should be my responsibility. It’s just a small item that doesn't keep anything from working but if somebody was coming in to look it over, they probably wouldn't like that. Bath Fitter should call me and see how I'm liking it.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I had a garden tub and I wanted a shower, so they put a shower in the foot part of the garden tub. It's a nice big shower. It has the bars and the nice doors. I purchased the shower in August and it was put in in late September. Everyone I dealt with was very professional, helpful and worked with me to fit my schedule. I was impressed with the workmanship and the teamwork of the people who put the product in. I'm very happy with the product I received. I would recommend it to friends if they wanted a shower that was all contained, easy to maintain and guaranteed for life.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I have received different fliers in the mail circulars that come through in the mail. I started researching and Bath Fitter had several ones. They were local and I was able to go to their showroom, look at the material and speak to someone without them coming to me and making me the pressure. They wanted their products to be sold but they weren't pushy. I wasn't really able to make a complete decision at the times, so I told them to give me some time and they didn't bother me until I called. They were helpful. I use the product I got from them everyday and I'm satisfied with it completely. I would recommend Bath Fitter.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

Our experience with Bath Fitter was awesome! From the initial visit from the salesman to the inspection and measurements visit to the actual installation, the entire process was very professional and all the employees we dealt with were very courteous and kind. I would recommend Bath Fitter to anyone planning on a bathroom remodel.

Hi Charles,

Thank you for the wonderful review! We're so happy to hear your experience with Bath Fitter was an awesome one. We're very proud of our hard-working and courteous team. Please share photos on our social channels! Enjoy your new Bath Fitter, Charles.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

Bath Fitter have the seamless bathtubs. The sales rep showed us the product, confirmed what we wanted and explained the differences between them and their competitors. He got some measurements and a week or two later official measurements were done. A month later we got the product wrapped out and the shower. The installers covered the floors and they were very professional and got the job done. One day for each they were done. The caulking messed up on one of them and they came back and fixed it with no questions asked. Bath Fitter is a good company and I've recommended them to a friend.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

We love our new shower, and the professionalism of the installers. We had two bathtubs and showers installed by Bath Fitter in our previous home. When we moved to a new home, we weren't satisfied with the shower, so we called Bath Fitter again.

Hi Fredricka,

Thank you for the awesome review! We're happy to hear you've had a positive experience with Bath Fitter. Please share photos on our social channels! Thank you once again for the 5-star review, enjoy your new Bath Fitter Fredricka.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

We used Bath Fitter years ago when we lived in Bumpass, Virginia and now we’re a return customer. We recently got a shower stall from them and dealt with two of their reps. There was one who came out and did the survey and then we had another guy that came out and verified the information. They were fine, on time and didn't take a lot of time to do what they had to do. I was perfectly happy with them. Bath Fitter did a nice job and I’d use them again if I had another bathroom to do.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

We had Bath Fitter do our shower back in the 90s. Everything was warrantied for life. We called for a new base once, and it was fixed free; we called for a very loose door another time, and it was fixed free. Recently, we called about the loose door again. It was then that we found out that the original franchisee had sold out, and had taken all of his records with him. The new franchisee knew nothing about this. There was no proof of warranty, we had stored the records from 20 years ago somewhere (who knows where??), and the company located in Canada, never kept track of their sales from the 90s (Can you believe this?). We have been left in the lurch by this unscrupulous company. Your warranty is only honored as long as your local Bath Fitter franchisee stays in business. After that you are on your own.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

A little over a year, we chose Bath Fitter because its one piece and the guarantee of the work. It would have been just the wall insert with a window because I put a glass block window in and I didn't want to handle the fitting myself after that. The sales rep was great. I knew him from another relation prior, so that worked out really nicely. And then the installer, Cris, was just top-notch. I saw him still working while he's eating a sandwich and I found that pretty impressive that he just kept working at it, working at it, and everything turned out great. Their team was super nice, friendly, accommodating, and nothing but good. I have a second bathroom and I plan on having them back for that.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

We set up a booth at a vendor event and Bath Fitter had a booth next to ours. I started asking the lady from the Bath Fitter booth and I got a lot of information from her. Bath Fitter has good products and references. They don’t have holes or punctures and their acrylic really stands the test of time. They also have everything done within a day. I purchased a regular tub with surround and a subway type pattern. The sales representatives knew what they were doing and were very informative. We made their job easy because we were already sold on the product before we even had them come in. They were very knowledgeable, knew exactly what we needed and worked with us on getting a couple of things.

There was a snafu with the warehouse where the salesperson thought there was a problem with our order. They ended up finding the product in a different box and it came here late. The installer got here quickly. He was very clean, efficient, kind and professional. He had a late start but he asked questions where to put stuff and was done within the day. He was very easy to work with and I was most impressed with the installation part. Bath Fitter is pricey but we’re very happy with our product. It’s easy to clean and maintain and I would definitely recommend it.

Hi Derek,

Thank you for the awesome review! We're happy to hear you're satisfied with your new Bath Fitter. We're very proud of our efficient and hard-working team. Please share photos on our social channels! Thank you once again for the 5-star review Derek.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

Bath Fitter is everything that it advertises to be. The installation creates a much better bathroom to the eye... And, as silly as it may seem, it is a pleasure to shower in a new Bath Fitter unit. I can recommend Bath Fitter to any and everyone with confidence that I am telling the truth about its quality.

Hi Robert,

Wow! Thank you for the wonderful review. We're so happy to hear you're experience with Bath Fitter has been a positive one! Please share photos on our social channels. Enjoy your new Bath Fitter!

- The Bath Fitter team

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

I knew someone that used Bath Fitter and when I used them too, I had a very good experience. Their selection was great and all their salespersons were prompt and very informative. They took their time and answered all my questions and I had a lot. I purchased the bathtub from them and had them do the wall. The installer was wonderful and he did the installation correctly and on time, so I was very pleased. Since the bathtub and wall were expensive, I hope they will hold up. Still, I'm very satisfied with Bath Fitter and I’ve recommended them.

Hi Shannon,

Thank you for the awesome review! We're thrilled to hear you had a satisfying experience with Bath Fitter. Thank you for recommending us as well! Please share photos on our social channels, enjoy your new bathroom Shannon!

- The Bath Fitter team

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I got a conversion from a bathtub to a shower from Bath Fitter. It accumulates a lot of soap and a moldy residual but I'm dealing with it and I'm very happy with my choice. In everything I do I like to have a guarantee, and their guarantee is something that I really enjoy because about a week after, I had a problem with the shower itself. The water was running a little cold so I called the tech and he responded immediately and came back and fixed it for me.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

We saw Bath Fitter at an exhibit at our mall and their sales rep ended up coming in and sitting in and presenting us with the information. I like the fact that Bath Fitter would not take out everything, just going over the existing. The rep gave us the cost and all went well. The installation also went well because we had the guy who came and did the measurements. We had the same guy who installed both the tub and shower. There was some touch up that was needed on the second one and they were able to fix it. I was very impressed with how the process went and how it all seemed to fit in.

Hi William,

Thank you for the wonderful review! We're happy to hear your experience with Bath Fitter has been a positive one. Please share photos on our social channels! Thank you for the 5-star review William, enjoy your new Bath Fitter!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

Although satisfied with work (2 showers week of 16 Oct 2017). Had to call for a frame leak and fit problem on the stand-alone shower job. Leak fixed 24 Oct with frame fit (gap) noted for follow up. Called 9 Nov to inquire on frame gap and told a response by COB on 10 Oct. Still waiting a response as I write this - see frame gap photos attached.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

We had Bath Fitter replace our shower through a realtor friend’s recommendation six months ago, and we are very pleased with it. The sales reps, as well as the installers were all very polite and very helpful. Plus, I did not feel uncomfortable around them. They gave us a date they would do the job and they were able to commit to a timeframe and a price and got the job done. We were happy with them. Everything's been great, and we'd use them again.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I used Bath Fitter to do my mom’s house for a tile enclosure last month. The price was right and it served our purpose for something simple but functional for the resale of the house. Plus, their scheduler was very warm and proficient. My husband met the installer and he was great, too. It was a timely and pleasant experience overall.

Hi Sandy,

Thank you for the wonderful review! We're so happy to hear you've had a positive experience with Bath Fitter. We're proud of our efficient and hard-working team! Please share photos on our social channels. Thank you once again for the 5-star review Sandy. Enjoy your new Bath Fitter!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I was walking through the mall and I saw a display by Bath Fitter. I like the way it looked so we decided to go with them. We ended up purchasing a tub and a walk-in shower a couple of months ago. I really like it and it was a good decision because it’s holding up very well. Also, their reps took their time and explained their product and they were very polite and wanted to make sure that we were very pleased. The installation process went very smoothly. It was a couple of days, on both units, and they did a very good job. However, I wasn’t too happy with the walk-in shower. I couldn’t make up my mind, whether just a roll-in or a little step-up and walk-in, but they were very willing to please and they came back and redid the step-in part for me free of charge. They have been very professional and I have been very pleased. I would recommend them.

Hi Janet,

Thank you for the amazing review! We're happy to hear you're satisfied with your Bath Fitter experience. Please share photos on our social channels! Thank you once again for the 5-star review Janet!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I was in the park and saw the Bath Fitter truck going around and I said, “Well, I’m going to try them.” And I was very pleased with the rep. He was very helpful and wasn’t pushy at all. The contractor that I had was also excellent. He put his paper down during installation and I had no mess in my house. I had nothing to clean up once he’s finished. We thought it was going to take 2 days for him to do it, but he did it all in one. I had my tub put in three months ago and I love it. I love the two handles put in it, one on the side of the tub, and then one as I’m getting in the tub. But I really don’t have to use my handles cause as I turn around in the tub, I can get up much easier than I could out of my other tub. I’ve been pleased with everything with it so far. And it’s been a showcase for people coming in and looking at it. I’ve had several friends come in and look at it, and they like it. I would highly recommend Bath Fitter to anybody.

Hi Arleatha,

Wow! Thank you for the amazing review. We're so happy to hear your experience with Bath Fitter has been a positive one. Please share photos on our social channels! Thank you for choosing Bath Fitter and the 5-star review Arleatha! Enjoy your new bathroom :-)

- The Bath Fitter team

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

We listened to Bath Fitter’s advertisement and it met our needs. My dad’s 89 and we liked the safety features of the tub, as well as their warranty. We like the flooring in it and the grab bars and that they could customize where the grab bars, the shampoo and soap holders would be. My dad had a fiberglass shower so they had to replace the entire shower unit. We made the purchase in August and it’s really doing well, so far. Bath Fitter sent someone out to measure and the installer was very professional. The gentleman that came to the house did a lot of follow up work. These people were all very informative and they were very thorough in explaining what we have to do to maintain their guarantee. Everything was done ahead of schedule and the cleanup was excellent.

We put in a new floor into the bathroom so they’re going to have to come back. I’ve talked to them today and I’m waiting to schedule an appointment for them to come and reseal the unit so the warranty will be upheld. That was part of the project, that they will come and they will reseal, and we had asked about that prior to them installing the shower. My dad has liked the shower and he also had the shower head that is handheld. He’s got the duo shower head and that makes it nice for him. Everything’s still new but it was a fine experience with Bath Fitter.

Hi Donna,

Thank you for the wonderful review! We're happy to hear your experience with Bath Fitter has been a satisfying one. We're very proud of our efficient and knowledgeable team. Please share photos on our social channels. Thank you once again Donna!

- The Bath Fitter team

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I looked at other people who did custom bathrooms, but I didn't feel like talking to them. I was going to go to another person who wanted to put tiles in my bathroom. I didn't want more tiles. I wanted a one whole piece. The guy from Bath Fitter gave me one big piece, one wall that will make life simple, and everything works so far. He also gave me a reasonable amount. They have a good payment plan for me for $128 a month. The installation was great. When he was finished, he cleaned up his mess. He made it look like everything is brand new. My wife and I are happy with the bathtub they gave me. Bath Fitter was good, the way I wanted them to be. I'm satisfied and I will recommend them.

Hi Roberto,

Thank you for the wonderful review! We're so happy to hear your experience with Bath Fitter was a satisfying one. We're very proud of our efficient and knowledgeable team. Please share photos on our social channels! Thank you once again for the 5-star review Roberto! Enjoy your new bathroom.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

My brother in Canada had Bath Fitter in his home and we always see the advertisement in the air so when we decided to change up our bathroom, we picked Bath Fitter, too. The guys from Bath Fitter came and told us the price, took measurements and it was done in a timely manner. The only time we had an interaction with the sales rep was when he sketched up the plan. He was knowledgeable and he showed the pros and cons of what the change would do to our house and to our safety because I also had to put in a safety bar. We put our down payment then we paid the rest.

When the installer came in, I told him what we wanted and what he was going to do and he was out there working by himself. He was in and out to cut the thing and put it in the bathroom but he worked smoothly. And there were no interruptions in my day. Also, he was on time, he cleaned up after himself and then he showed me. Everything was in place and they did what they were supposed to do and it was well done. I had no complaints when the guy was finished. It was a good experience to have them come into my home and do what I was trying to be done.

Hi Ronald,

Thank you for the amazing review! We're so happy to hear your Bath Fitter experience was a memorable and positive one. Please share photos on our social channels! Thank you once again for the 5-star review Ronald.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

We love the new shower, had about a month now. Would suggest the C curved rod over the straight rod, otherwise, it's awesome. The gentleman ran into several issues, working in the rain to replacement of equipment that stopped working and still did it all in one day!! He was great and professional. Thank you!!

Hi Pamela,

Thank you for the wonderful review! We're thrilled to hear you love your new shower. We're very proud of our hardworking and diligent team! Feel free to share photos on our social channels. Once again thank you for the 5-star review Pamela, enjoy your new Bath Fitter!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

We have a Bath Fitter tub in our bathroom and it has major problems, either with the adhesive, seals, installation, or all three. There seems to be water collected between our original tub and the liner and when you stand in the tub for a shower, it's like walking on a Waterbed. Unsafe, unpleasant, and unhappy.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Anna, thank you so much for letting us know about your concern. Our customer care team will address this situation with your local branch to assist you. Thanks again for letting us know and allowing us to make it right.

-The Bath Fitter team

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

I bought a bathtub two years ago and then we turned around and got another one this year. The first one I got gave me a good experience. I fell in love with the way the people at Bath Fitter handle themselves, the way the tub was made and the work they’ve done. The team that came over was very professional on both tubs. They did exactly what we asked. The overall texture of the tub looks more professional when I clean it, not a lot of scrub in it. The look of the first tub was beautiful that it made me get another one. So far, everything’s working good. Overall, the evaluation of the Bath Fitter name is highly praised. They did an outstanding performance.

Hi Charlie,

Wow! Thank you for the wonderful review. We're thrilled to hear your experience with Bath Fitter has been a memorable one. We're very proud of our knowledgeable and diligent team! Feel free to share photos on our social channels. Thank you once again for the 5-star review Charlie, enjoy your new bathroom!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Installers were great. They cleaned up as they went. We asked salesman about how slippery was the shower floor. He assured us the indentations in the floor was not allow slipping. NOT! Both my husband and I are unable to stand comfortably in the shower. We went out and bought a mat for the floor.

Hi Connie,

Thank you for writing about your experience! We're happy you were able to find a mat that works. If you have any further concerns please reach out to Customercare@bathfitter.com.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Bath Fitter did a tremendous job. They knew what they were doing. They were neat and cleaned up at the end. It took almost a full day to complete but well worth it. Extremely happy with my new bathroom. Very happy with my shower doors. I don’t like shower curtains. Shower doors are so much better and they are better looking. I highly recommend Bath Fitter to everybody.

Hi Eric,

Thank you for the wonderful review. We're so happy to hear you're satisfied with your Bath Fitter experience. Please share photos on our social channels! Enjoy your new bathroom Eric :-)

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

We were renovating an 85-year old house and we decided that we wanted to keep the bathtubs, one of which was an original claw foot from 1932. I did all the other work in the bathrooms and all the work in the house myself but I didn’t feel capable of redoing the bathtubs. So we investigated companies that came out but their experience wasn’t that good with it. We found out that Bath Fitter’s complete acrylic liner will hold up a little better and when they said that they could do a claw foot tub too, we said okay. Their sales rep was good. He knew the product, had samples and we liked it. When we saw the thickness of the liner, that made a big difference for us too because it was not flimsy and he had us sold.

They remodeled the tub and the surround, then they did the claw foot and put an all-around shower curtain that’s up by the ceiling in it. They also put new faucets in both tubs. Their installation team was good and always came on time. When we signed the contract, it was about five months before we had the work done because I did all new plumbing and electric in the house, then I have to put the tile on the floors and walls of the bathroom. So all that had to be done before they could install the surround. They had a couple of different installation guys and the one that came out first didn’t end up being the one that did the work. He had to come out two times because our tubs were very old and they weren’t sure about the molds. So we brought a couple liners to try them out and see which one was going to be the best. They finished about six weeks ago and the bathrooms are done now. I’m happy and satisfied with the quality of their work.

Hi Steven,

Thank you for the awesome review! We're so happy to hear you've had such a positive installation process! Feel free to share photos on our social channels. Thank you once again for the 5-star review Steven, enjoy your new Bath Fitter!

Bath Fitter Company Information