Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Bath Fitter

Hi Tom and Sandy, thank you so much for taking the time to leave a wonderful review! We couldn't be more thrilled that you are so happy with your experience and that our team went above and beyond. Our lifetime warranty means that you will be happy for years to come! We hope you share photos with us on our Facebook page, @OfficialBathFitter. Thanks again!

Original review: June 5, 2017

Bath Fitter removed my old tub and enclosure and installed a spectacular new shower. They exceeded my high expectations in every aspect - people, process & product. The entire team and process was very professional and a pleasure to work with.

Hi Linda,

Wow, thank you! We couldn't be more thrilled that you are so happy with your new Bath Fitter. Customer service is so important to us--we're so proud that our team went above and beyond to ensure you loved the final outcome. Please share photos on our Facebook page, @OfficicalBathFitter! Thanks again for sharing.

Original review: May 30, 2017

We had a great experience with Bath Fitter! The salesman spent a lot of time with us, was able to give us a great deal with financing! The installer is excellent in what he does!!! We went from a tub/shower to just a shower and it is huge! Very easy to keep clean. We are so happy!!!

Very timely, very clean installation, very friendly installer who was eager to share all aspects of the installation. Would have preferred brass fittings for the shower but we chose the brushed fixtures. I would recommend Bath Fitter to anyone needing a new bathroom!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We’re completely satisfied with Bath Fitter. We’ve dealt with them about six years ago when we didn’t want to have to take the bathtub and everything out. Bath Fitter wouldn’t have to completely gut the bathroom and they could fix what was there. So, we had at that time had the old bathtub painted and had the shower surround and the wall hanging put on. Bath Fitter seemed like an easy way for us to get what we need done. They also have a lifetime guarantee. Their product has to be a really good one in order for them to have a lifetime warranty on it. This time, we went ahead and did the shower over the bathtub with them. The young gentleman who came down here did a professional job. It's been a great experience with Bath Fitter and I’d recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Installer and entire experience positive - all received high marks from us. I wish we had been informed about the 24 month same as cash promotion you've been running all month - it would have been nice to be given that option since our install was completed not too long before the promo started.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

From my initial call to Bath Fitter until the installer left, I was very favorably impressed. Throughout I was treated professionally with every facet fully explained. While I found the price daunting, I'm glad I went forward because the new tub is gorgeous. It is a perfect fit and really improved the whole room. I'm happy to recommend Bath Fitter to anyone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Two months ago, we had Bath Fitter put in a shower and shelving in our half bath. Had a really good interaction with their sales representative. However, he was misleading at first. We had designed the remodel and had everything approved for financing. We got it ready to go but we had to push back on the installation date because my wife had a surgery. Then, the rep notified me that I had to get it installed immediately, but he never discussed with me initially that the financing system has went out. So we lost the financing and that finance company was horrible. We had to go to another and with the finances acting up as the primary part, they messed that up. He knew what he was talking about. He knew what to say and what not to say and what he did not say got us caught up. Our experience with Bath Fitter had been challenging so I would tell others to be careful.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

In a word our experience was wonderful. We absolutely love our new tub and surround. The installer was excellent and spent a lot of time fixing the mistakes of the people who previously installed a tub and surround. He explained everything he was doing and why and did an amazing job. We could not be happier.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was at BJ's one day and I was able to see what Bath Fitter was made of, the durability. So even though it's a little bit expensive, it's gonna last me a lifetime so it's worth it. I got the regular bath tub that also has a shower for my second bathroom. It has the backsplash that goes almost all the way up to my ceiling and it brings the shower pole. It looks very nice and I love it. Their sales rep came over and took some measurements. Then he explained everything about it. He was very informative and helpful. Then the installer who came out was polite and a good clean worker.

The installer said that it might be a two-day job. He started at 8:00 in the morning, but he was able to finish around 7:00 PM. He kept going until he finished and he didn't even take a lunch break. It was also warm so we had to put a fan in the bathroom for him, but he did an amazing job and didn't leave any mess. He also gave me a bottle to use for the bath tub. He also told me to call them if there's anything that I see that's not normal because I have a lifetime guarantee and they'll come and fix it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We went to a local home show and they had several of these outfits out. So, we decided to call in a salesman from each one. We like the Bath Fitter salesman the best and thought he had the best product and a good price, so we decided to go ahead with him. He seemed to be the most honest in his approach. He originally quoted me a price, but it was too high for me. So he worked with me and we got the price down to what I felt was a reasonable level. Then the installers who came out were very nice guys. They called me, scheduled the appointment, then the guys came early that morning. They ripped off the old one and put in a new one, and they were all done by late afternoon. They did everything they said they were going to do on a schedule and then they put all the old stuff away. We had the bath tub replaced with a complete walk-in shower and it's very beautiful.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our plumbing is as old as our house, which was built on 1951, so we suspected we might have some plumbing problems. Bath Fitter is the only company that claimed that they will be able to take care of a problem on the spot without calling an extra plumber. They also ensured us that if there was a plumbing problem behind the wall, there wasn't going to be an additional payment. It turns out that we didn't have any problems in plumbing but they still put in new fixture controls.

We liked their products and some of its features, such as the non-seamed corners and going on the way to ceilings and how their products are all inclusive. I also liked the fact that if we needed to get the top cover done later on, we could. We bought the shower surround, two shelves and corner ones. They installed everything early May despite the fact that we made the purchase a bit earlier, in February after the garden show. However, it worked out for the both of us because we needed some time before it could be done and they had a lot of appointments since.

Their rep was friendly, knowledgeable, reassuring, and great to work with. Any questions we had, we called and they were able to help us out. The installation team was great, too. Did not leave a mess behind. Overall, they're great. And the initial estimate we've gotten would have covered everything. We’ve looked at a couple of other companies who did not seem to be the same quality for the same amount of money. If we had another bathroom that needs something, we would have them in and do it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The salesman that came to my house and told me about Bath Fitter was good. He sold me on it and I didn’t even talk to any other company. Dealing with him was excellent. I purchased a shower tub with a grab bar and a shelf in March and they put it on in May. It was very expensive but I was willing to pay the money for it. It’s going to be there for the rest of my life so that’s okay. Overall, it's been a very good experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our project (new bath and new shower) went very well. Kevin ** was the tech on both jobs. His attention to detail on both projects was excellent. We could not ask for a better experience and we will definitely recommend Bath Fitter to anyone who is in need of a first class upgrade.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We purchased a tub and a backsplash from Bath Fitter and the quality is very good. But I thought it was a little expensive compared to what other people had. The sales representative came quickly and was thorough. We understood what we were getting when he left. One guy did the installation and he was very efficient. He cleaned up very well after himself. It was good to have it all done in one day.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Very satisfied with the final product and install (tub and shower replacement). The installer was prompt and worked professionally and quickly with all necessary attention to accuracy and detail. Did a very good clean up after the job was complete. He explained operating and cleaning guidelines well. Thank you.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We liked the tub and the way it wasn't so plain was the main reason we chose Bath Fitter. We purchased a tub and a shower in February but they didn't get everything done until May. The sales rep did an excellent job. He came and sat down at the table with us. He measured for the shower and the tub and then it was more than a month before he was able to make ends meet to come and put the shower and the tub in.

As soon as he finished, we’ve had the hardest time of finding someone to do the rest. We were going to do a new floor and new wall. We were going to move the wallpaper and then try to get somebody to finish it but we’ve struggled getting the wallpaper. We got a guy come in Wednesday to look at it. And if they do come and look, they never call us back. So, we’ve been dragging this out ever since they’ve finished. Other than that, the installer was outstanding and he knew exactly what to do, how to do it and then wait anytime on anything. I love everything they’ve done. I'd tell my friends it was nice getting the tub and shower but they have to be sure they'd get somebody lined up to do whatever else they've got to do.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We like what Bath Fitter did. Also, I like it because it has a lifetime warranty. Their rep was knowledgeable and knew the products. After purchasing from them, it took them about a month before they could come back and put it in. We had the tub taken out and had the shower put in. Then, we had the three-tier shelf and we had the glass doors. I like the installers and the quality of the bathroom. I'd recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Although built in the '50s, our house is rather up to date, except for the master bath and the bath in the hallway. The bathrooms were tiled from ceiling to floor. The tile on the walls of the surrounding were pink, blue, black and white and we have a pink cast iron bathtub in the master bath, which we couldn't take out. When we went to an event in Wheeling and saw a Bath Fitter kiosk, we looked into them, got the information and decided that we wanted to have our bathrooms done. We had the master bath and the game room bathroom put in. My husband took all of the tile off the walls and we had to have a plasterer come in, because in those days, the tile was meant to stay there until the house came down. When Bath Fitter came in, they covered all the tile inside the bathtub area, did the bathtub and the ceiling and it came out beautifully.

The master bath upstairs was done in one day. The only thing that took a second day was the safety grab bar and it was my fault. I did not tell the installers I wanted one and when they came to do the downstairs bathroom, they installed it. The second project downstairs took two days because they had a lot of additional work to do. They put a bar and angled a shower curtain bar because of the construction of the room. It was in a very precarious area and they did a really nice job. They did wonderful work and I'm really happy with it. I would definitely recommend Bath Fitter.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I saw Bath Fitter advertised on television. I checked them out and they came out to show me what they offer. Everything sounded good. Their sales representative was very complete and thorough too. He showed us pictures and we went from that. Their installers were wonderful workers as well. They tore out the old shower and put the new one in. They worked without a break and cleaned up perfectly after they finished. We were very pleased with their work. The shower looks good and it works fine. Excellent! If any of my friends are considering bath remodeling done, I’ll have them check out Bath Fitter.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

From the first phone contact for an appointment for a consultation to the finished installation I was impressed with politeness, courtesy and concern for my request. Everyone was intent to please me. Installer was very conscientious, meticulous and neat. Job (new bathtub with surround update) was very well executed and I am SO pleased. The clean-up was so easy... THANKS, Tim. I wasted a lot of time thinking about the project... should of done it sooner! Thank you so much for the beautiful job. Very well done. Bath Fitter be proud of your employees.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We bought our house about a year and a half ago and the bathroom was dated. The shower looked like a big old piece and was dangerous for our grandkids. Every time we would use the rugs, we would use the tape on the floor and our grandkids were still slipping and falling. When I tried to get in the shower one time because our master bathroom was being fixed, my first foot went in and I slipped, messing up my leg bad. So, my husband said, “No, this is it. Just go ahead and get something new.” We had a complete bath redo with Bath Fitter and they were amazing.

We had someone come in and talk to us about Bath Fitter. Their sales rep was great and good at explaining things to us. We had multiple questions and he answered them to our satisfaction. Then he walked us through all the styles that Bath Fitter have, all the accessories that went along with them, and what we could do. I told him that I wanted a safe, slip-proof shower and bathtub. He led us to the different designs we had to choose from and it was amazing. It was very easy to make our decisions because he explained everything with patience and understanding.

Their installer was nice and easy to talk to as well. He would explain step by step what he was doing and what needed to be done. We ran into a couple of issues, but then we got them fixed. It was not stressful at all to get the remodeling done. We purchased a bathtub, faucets, a bar to get in the safety bar, a four-stack corner for the soap, and double soap for the sides. It was amazing watching the guys from Bath Fitter put them in and how fast they did it. It would’ve taken months. In our previous home, we would call locals and they would send one guy. It took him almost three weeks to finish a bathtub. But the guy from Bath Fitter finished it in one day. So, I would recommend Bath Fitter to anyone and I have been recommending them. One of my friends needed a bathroom and I said, “You know what? You need to call these guys, really.”

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We could not be more pleased with our walk in shower. The installer was professional and did a fantastic job. He is a perfectionist when it comes to his workmanship. We would definitely refer anyone who needs improvements to their bathroom.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our friends from Des Moines were really happy with their Bath Fitter. We had our tub for 25 years and was leaking when we stepped in to use the shower so we decided it was time to do something. We’re getting older and we wanted a walk-in shower. The first guy came and did the measurements and talked about what we wanted and how much it would be. He also said that somebody else will contact us and do the final measurements. We were happy with both of them. The parts were ordered and delivered after a month where another guy came and installed it. I couldn’t believe that he was done within a day. We were more than pleased. Bath Fitter knows what to do and they do it right.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had issues with our bathtub where the lining was peeling off so it was time for an upgrade. I always wanted the security with the bars inside the tub by the shower and went with Bath Fitter. They put in the tub and the shower. The sales guy who came was very nice. Then the tech came and made sure that the measurement was correct. The installation team was very professional, very courteous, and very informative. When I had a leak after the installation, a different guy came back fairly fast and fixed it for me as it was under warranty. So far, the quality of the tub and the shower is okay.

From the beginning to the end everything was handled professionally and I now have 2 beautiful bathrooms. The installer keep the areas clean and arrived on time. He did a fantastic job with installation, explaining details, and reviewing paperwork. I would recommend Bath Fitter to friends and family.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had the best tub done 12 years ago but since I’m disabled now, I cannot climb into it. I had to change it over to a shower and got Bath Fitter. I also had wainscoting around done too. I'm happy with Bath Fitter and their quality is wonderful but I paid too much money for it. And I’m a senior citizen with a fixed income so it did hurt my wallet very much. But I have a lifetime warranty on it and their rep was friendly, courteous and did a good job in getting them done. If I know anybody who needs something done, I will recommend Bath Fitter.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband can remodel the rest of the bathroom but he didn't want to do the shower so we had Bath Fitter do it. It took them about two days to get it done. The installation team came in, did their work and cleaned up after themselves. So far, the remodel has been great and it was exactly what I would've wanted. I had a good experience with Bath Fitter.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My dad had a tub installed over nine years ago and then he referred another one of his friends to Bath Fitter so I went with them too. I got the whole bathtub and shower wall or wall for the rental house about three or four months ago. It's good quality and reasonably-priced for what we were doing and it made the most sense to do instead of having to rip out a whole bathroom. The sales rep was a cool guy, knew what he was doing and wasn't pushy. He explained a lot and it helped with me knowing everything they did. My wife couldn't get over how precise and perfectionist the installer was. The tenants love the bathroom. I had the other bathroom ripped out at the same time, but I put one of the Lowe's standup shower surrounds in that. I'm happy with Bath Fitter and I would definitely recommend them to someone else.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We wanted our bathtub taken out and made into a shower. We live in a very rural area and at first, I wanted a tiled shower and we couldn’t find anyone around here to do it. So, when we saw Bath Fitter at a home show, we thought that was a way of getting a nice shower that was confined and moisture proof. It was expensive though. We made $8,000 for it. It sounds like we did the whole bathroom but it’s just the shower. But as far as the quality, appearance, and workmanship go, they're very good. We got a garden tub which is larger than a typical shower and took up to the ceiling. The man who put it in did a lot. He had to replace the walls and insulation. He was excellent. Our shower is very nice and I like it a lot.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Bath Fitter guaranteed that the remodel was going to be done right. The price killed us but we’re glad we did it because it’s great. We love the shower. We’re very happy with it and the one who installed it was super too. We’re 100% satisfied with every single thing and I would say to a friend to consider them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Bath Fitter was down at a senior center with an exhibit and I talked to them there. I liked their product and went with them. The sales rep was very good. He went over everything that he was supposed to, however I was not interested in all those details. The presentation was too long. Nevertheless, I really liked the job they did. I got a tub cover, a wall cover, and a shower. The shower was connected to the tub.

The young man who came to do the install, he was not a problem at all. He went and did what he was supposed to do. All we did was show him where the bathroom was. They came and asked me a few questions because I am short, so we were trying to determine how tall we should put the shower so that I could reach it to change it to the hand shower because I have to bathe my husband. He lowered it from where it was because I couldn’t reach it. That made a big difference especially that I'm 82. I had a very good experience with Bath Fitter and I'm very well pleased with the product. I would recommend them.

Resolution In Progress

Hi Diane,

Thank you for reaching out and letting us know about your concern. We have passed your message along to our customer service team and will be sure to handle this with your local branch. Thanks again for letting us know.

Original review: June 23, 2017

In March 2017 I ordered my product, which looks marvelous, even though the plumber needs to come back to fix the water flow from the faucet. Ed ** was the representative I worked with for my product. During the month of May you advertised 0 Finance Charges. My Bath Fitter was not installed until May 19, however, I was told I was ineligible for 0 Finance Charges. I believe that's false and misleading advertising. I wouldn't complained if the product had been installed in my home, however, as soon as I began to ask about 0 Finance Charges miraculously I moved up on the list and my product was installed. I should be eligible for 0 Finance Charges because my product was not installed while you were advertising this rate.

Bath Fitter Company Profile