4.4/5 (226 ratings)

About Bath Fitter

Bath Fitter is an acrylic bathtub, shower enclosure and tub-to-shower conversion company. The company’s bathtub refinishing products are custom molded to fit over existing fixtures for quick and clean bathroom renovations that last a lifetime. The company can complete installations in just one day.

Pros

• Next-day service
    • Demolition-free remodeling
    • Lifetime warranty on installation

Cons

• Regular cleaning required
    • Design consultation needed for quote

Bottom Line

Homes and commercial bathrooms in need of a quick remodel benefit from Bath Fitter’s next-day service and fast installation. Special care is required to maintain the new bathtub or shower, but it provides an affordable upgrade.

Top Bath Fitter Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

Verified

We called Bathfitter because our hallway bathroom was in terrible shape... The end result was fabulous. We now have an extremely beautiful tub and shower enclosure. Top notch inst...

Verified

[The installers] were kind and respectful of our home and explained their work as they proceeded in the project … We are delighted with our new shower. It has brightened up our ma...

How does Bath Fitter work?

Bath Fitter’s acrylic tub shells and walls can be installed over existing structures in as little as one day. Bath Fitter has locations in the U.S. and Canada, and its factory-trained and certified installation technicians provide homeowners and commercial clients with a demolition-free remodeling solution.

The process is simple:

1. Bath Fitter’s bathroom specialists measure the tub or shower, then custom-build the new structure in one of the company’s facilities.
    2. The current surface is cleaned and repaired.
    3. The new tub shell and wall are then installed over the existing tub or shower.

Customers can browse through Bath Fitter’s selection of shelves, soap dishes, towel bars, shower rods, trims and moldings on the company’s website. A “Design Your Own Bathroom” tool lets you design a bathtub or shower with different bases, colors, wall patterns and accessories to see what the finished product will look like.

Bath Fitter cost

Bath Fitter offers specialized services, so the cost varies based on each homeowner’s needs. The company recommends contacting its representatives for a custom solution and quote. You can schedule a free virtual consultation on Bath Fitter’s website, and the company’s services include a lifetime warranty that lasts for as long as you own your home.

Bath Fitter FAQ

What is the average cost of a Bath Fitter installation?

The average cost of a Bath Fitter installation depends on each homeowner’s or facility’s needs. Schedule a free consultation on the Bath Fitter website for a personalized price estimate.

How long does it take to install a bath fitter?

Bath Fitter can install your new bathtub or shower enclosure and walls in as little as one day.

What does Bath Fitter’s warranty cover?

Bath Fitter’s warranty covers acrylic bathtubs, tub surrounds, replacement showers and shower conversions.

Does Bath Fitter do plumbing?

Bath Fitter’s process doesn’t include demolition or plumbing work. Instead, the company places the new structure over your existing bathtub.

Does mold grow under a Bath Fitter shell?

Bath Fitter states that each product installation is watertight to prevent water infiltration, water seepage and mold growth.

Is Bath Fitter worth it?

Bath Fitter helps individuals remodel their bathrooms with little to no construction. The company’s demolition-free process is ideal for those who’d like to update their current bathtub or shower for aesthetic or safety reasons. While it’s challenging to determine the price of services upfront, Bath Fitter lets customers easily book a virtual design consultation for more information. We recommend Bath Fitter for customers in search of an affordable and noninvasive remodeling solution.

Bath Fitter Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

I am in my 70's and want to stay in my home as long as possible. Changing my bathtub to a walk in shower was one way. Not knowing what to expect, I was very anxious about doing it. I talked to my sons and they said it was a great idea. So I met with Michael and his associate and I signed a contract. I had to wait 4 months to get it done. Along came Patrick. He was a no nonsense person coming to a job he just wanted to do. So I pretty much left him to do it.

After a very long day he was chatty and I was one happy lady to have the day gone and looking at a fabulous new bathroom. My son came a few days later and laid a new floor which was a bane of my existence. I hated it. Now I have a new floor to go with my beautiful new shower. I love it. Thank you Patrick. To be fair I have to say it was a bit pricey. But what isn't today? I would love to add before and after pictures but am not sure how to do that. Sorry. Linda **

Bath Fitter response

Hi Linda, thank you so much for sharing your experience! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction!

Get buying tips about Bathroom Remodeling Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 30, 2022

We ordered a tub to walk-in shower conversion. The sales manager gave us an informative, no pressure consultation at our residence. The final sales price was not cheap, however, we considered the value for the project in the fact that the technicians would transform our shower in less than one workday and we would not have to deal with local contractors who would take days or weeks to complete a similar job. The scheduling process was easy and flexible to our calendar. The two technicians arrived before their scheduled time and were on the job exactly as promised by 8am, and they had two hours travel time. They tore out the old tub and shower enclosure, installed new green board and plumbing, and had the job completed by noon.

There was not a speck of drywall dust or construction debris left behind. The quality of the installation was top notch. We have enjoyed our new shower for over a month now and love it. Overall our Bathfitter experience was outstanding. We would highly recommend Bathfitter and after viewing our new shower, our neighbors also had a Bathfitter installation.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Ingolf, thank you so much for your review! We're glad to hear everything was completed to your satisfaction!

Original review: June 28, 2022

I just had both of my bathrooms remodeled for shower stalls. The installations went very well. I was very impressed by the way that the shower looks in the main hallway, not to mention the shower stall off of the master bedroom's bathroom. I am also very impressed with the way that the water is pressurized in the showerhead. Where I now live, there is lower water pressure than where I was living previously in Charleston County. It seems as though the water pressure is increased in my showerhead. My daughter says the same thing about her shower as well, that the pressure seems to be greater coming out than it was in the old showerhead. .

When I was getting ready to shower for the first time, my foot slipped on the shower floor. I thought that the shower floor was textured in a way that made it non-slip. This is not true. When my foot got wet, it did nothing but slip. I ended up using a shower mat or tub mat to prevent slippage. The floor was textured, but it wasn't textured in the way that it should be for it to be non-slip.

Although I am at fault for not requesting that the shower floor be non-slip but textured only instead, I feel that it should be the sales representative's job to make sure whether or not the customer wants a non-slip floor or not and that a textured floor might come to mean a non-slip surface, not just textured without being non slip. What I am saying here is that even though I admit to being at fault for saying the word "textured" and meaning "non-slip" that the sales representative also should have asked, "Do you mean a non-slip surface?" I believe that a non-slip floor should be included with every installation to prevent slippage of the customer. Of course, I mean that this should be in every home.

Additionally, I was told at the end of the 2nd installation, which was the installation of the shower stall in the main bathroom that I would receive a call the next day regarding the shower door and getting a temporary curtain rod put up in its place so that the shower could be used while we were waiting for the door to arrive. This phone call was never received. My daughter also waited all day for the phone call, but it was never received. I was also on the look-out for a call regarding the shower curtain rod, but I never received a call either. This was very unsatisfactory.

As it turns out, a note was given by the installer to one of the people in the office. This person had not called me back as promised by the installer. The person in the office, named Tim, had admitted his mistake and had apologized profusely. In any case, this should not have happened. The call should have been made as promised, and the fact that I did not receive a call and had to wait all day for it and not receiving it, as well as my daughter waiting, and not receiving it made me quite angry. The fact that the phone call was not made and a return visit to bring a temporary curtain rod for me to use the shower had inconvenienced me from using my shower for one day. That made me angry as well.

Other than the non-slip issue, the unreturned phone call issue and the shower curtain rod issue, I am very satisfied with the way the showers turned out. They were beautifully installed. The sales representative had set aside 3 days for the work to be completed, but it was completed in only 2 days time, one for each bathroom.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Arthur, thank you so much for sharing your experience! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction!

Original review: March 5, 2022

Often, when we buy a product, especially for our homes, we develop high expectations for the results we are anticipating. However, we are often disappointed that, even when the end result is satisfactory, it is less than what was hoped for. That was not the case regarding our investment in a BathFitter tub and shower renovation we recently experienced. The results were much better than we expected due to the quality of the product and the incredible skill and work ethic of the installer. It began with the purchase when the sales rep helped us select from among several options for plumbing fixtures, walls, and tub color. The sales rep was courteous and patient while we stepped through our options.

Next was the installation. Our installer, Levi **, was incredible. He called us the day before the installation to make sure that we were still on schedule and expecting his arrival in the morning. We confirmed that we were. The next morning, about a half hour before we were expecting him, he called again to confirm the exact time he would arrive: 7:45 AM. At exactly 7:45, there was a knock on the door. It was Levi. He introduced himself, asked if he could see the bathroom he was going to work on before he brought in his tools and supplies. We showed him the bathroom and he confirmed with us what walls he was to remove and where we wanted our new plumbing fixtures located.

After that, he brought in his tools, placing them in the exact order he would need them, to maximize his efficiency of installation. He then turned off the outside water and removed the old walls, carefully taking them outside to place near his van to haul away later. All day long, he worked without stopping, not even to chit-chat and not taking a break for lunch. His work ethic was unparalleled in my years of experience as a residential contractor. He worked fast and efficiently as he grabbed one tool, and another to remove the walls and make the necessary changes to the plumbing, again confirming with me the placement of the water handle and shower head fixtures.

He then brought in the beautiful one-piece wall, made some cuts to modify the wall to fit exactly in the space he had created when he removed the old walls. He then secured the sheets of plumbing wallboard to the studs around the bathtub and shower wall enclosure. Once that was finished, he mounted the one-piece wall that we had selected. It was beautiful! I couldn’t believe it.

Next, he showed his superb problem-solving skills when he discovered that the bathroom was so small that the bathroom cabinets were placed in such a way that he could not use the standard installation procedure to place the new tub shell over the old tub. He gave it some thought and came up with a strategy for overcoming the space problem without doing any damage to the tub shell, new walls, or old bathtub. Once that problem was solved, he applied the adhesive strips to the old tub and fitted the new tub shell over the old tub. It went into place perfectly. Next, he applied the trim and caulked around the trim and where the tub met the floor. I inspected his caulking. It was perfect. It looked like it could only have been done by a machine to end up so good looking.

Lastly, he picked up his tools, cleaned up the work area, taking the scraps out to this truck in big bags that kept the dirt and scraps from messing up our floors. Then he swept the whole work area clean and invited me to inspect the final installation. It was absolutely amazing! I signed the finished inspection paperwork and he was on his way, exactly 10 hours after he started the job in the morning. The tub and shower wall and fixtures looked even better than we were expecting, and the bathroom floor was immaculate. BathFitter, you made a masterful hiring when you hired Mr. ** to be an installer. In short, he was punctual, personable, knowledgeable, efficient, innovative, careful, accurate, critical-thinking, and professional. We are so pleased with our new bathroom.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you so much for your great review John!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2022

We had a 1 piece acrylic tub and surround that was probably as old as our house and in very bad shape. We got a quote from a different contractor, and one from Bath Fitter as well as evaluating the cost of DIY (as well as the ability to DIY). Bath Fitter wound up being just a little more than half of the contractor. Bath Fitter is often known more for the tub liners that go over the old, but ours could not be done that way, so it was a new tub with their wall. Their walls are excellent as they are one piece molded with special equipment so that there are no seams in the corners on the walls.

The surround goes from the top of the tub to the ceiling. We also had them install a new ceiling, also of acrylic to prevent mold and mildew. The installation was done actually faster than what they had predicted by probably a couple of hours. We did have to wait the 48 hours after to use it (which is common for any bath install, so the caulk can cure). The finished job is quite attractive and now I will be remodelling the rest of the bathroom as money and time permits, for a much more reasonable cost. I would definitely recommend this to anyone wishing to redo their bathtub and surround. Very good job and very quality work.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Raymond, thank you so much for sharing your experience! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2023

We Are Young senior citizens who had a large bathtub removed and a walk-in shower put in. It all looks wonderful and the installer did a marvelous job. However the floor is very slick and that is not healthy for anyone, especially for senior citizens. We could use a bath mat but those slip as well. And calling the company it would cost over $300 to put a spray product on the floor. I think this is a great Injustice for their product and for their consumers. I know a sister had a great shower and wonderful floor installed by a local company. I think Bath Fitter is missing the boat with this. I gave them a good review at the time of install, but that was before I knew how slick the floor was.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your feedback, Eileen. We will contact your local Bath Fitter to see if there is anything more we can do to assist. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2023

Question regarding warranty because I don't want to touch problem if warranty will be broken. 1/2/2023 Called local office 2 times to three representatives. No call back. 1/3/2023 Chat 1- "would promptly contact local branch to contact me. NO Call. 1/3/2023 Chat 2- Given the "Escalation Line" to call. 1/4/2023 Called Escalation Line 2 times. Left a phone msg, my name and number both times. NO return call. 1/4/2023 Called and left message that I have NOT received a call from anyone from the local office or any office pertaining to replace or repair or warranty guides. This could be as simple as replacing the stem cartridge. Have not used this shower for 4 days. Is this acceptable?

Bath Fitter response

Hello Herman, we are sorry to hear about these communication issues. We will follow up with the team to ensure you receive a callback. Please let us know if you do not hear back within 48hrs. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2022

The salesperson gave us a great description of the product and the install, and the installation was totally professional. And we are 100% satisfied. I watched the installation and was amazed how the technician disassembled the tub and the the tile surrounding. He ensured that the surface was clean and the plumbing was change to accommodate the installation of the base. The one piece walls ensure that there would be no leaks and the plumbing and hardware was installed and after 2 weeks there were no leaks at all. He recommended where to install the grab bar knowing that the person using it would fit them. After it was installed he showed me how to turn the water on and how to adjust the temperature. The cleanup was spotless, as well as the outside in the driveway. Thank you Bath Fitter for a fantastic experience.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for sharing your great experience, Edward!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2022

We just had our tub/shower converted to a walk in shower by Bath Fitter and we are thrilled with the results. It is absolutely beautiful. Cody and Roman were at our home at 8:00 a.m. and done by 4:00 p.m. leaving the bathroom spotless. Everyone at Bath Fitter, from the show room staff, to Dave, who came for our consultation, to the installers were all professional, helpful and friendly. We have zero complaints from any of our encounters with staff or the outcome of the work they did on our new shower. We also love the fact that they offer a lifetime warranty on the entire shower and fixtures. That really sealed the deal on our decision to choose them over all of the other options. Thank you Bath Fitter for our beautiful new walk in shower. It is perfect.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Kenneth, thank you so much for sharing your great experience!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2022

I had two bathrooms done by Bath Fitter, one shower and one tub/shower. First there were scheduling issues, needed up taking more time off work than planned. Each installation was treated as a separate job even though it was one order. First installation was the tub/shower, they brought and installed shower doors instead of tub doors so the towel bars are at neck height. Also the back wall of the enclosure is noticeably bowed out. The shower installation seemed fine, except the shelf unit didn't fit so it wasn't installed, but I still got charged for it.

The next day, the piece around the shower pan let loose and created a gap. A trim piece also let loose. I've emailed and got the apology and was told they would get right on it. It's been 2 months and haven't heard anything (I've also been busy so I have not been able to stay on top of them). Also they sure use a lot of caulk to hide imperfections. For the amount of money I would expect better workmanship and service.

Bath Fitter response

Hi David, we are sorry to hear about this experience. We understand our team has been in contact and has an appointment with you next week. We look forward to resolving this matter for you. Please let us know if you need anything else.

Bath Fitter Company Information