4.43/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Bath Fitter is North America's leading acrylic bathtub, shower enclosure and tub-to-shower conversion company. Our bathtub refinishing products are custom molded to fit over existing fixtures for quick and clean bathroom renovations that last a lifetime. Best of all, we can complete the installation in just one day without compromising quality.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

3877 Bath Fitter Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

6 days ago, the entire bathroom flooded and we saw water stains in the dining room below. It turns out, the previous owners had used Bath Fitter in 2006. I found out only because it appeared to be a liner, and I thought who better to fix it. The liner had pulled away from the tub/silicone had loosened, and the space between the tub and liner had filled, then overfilled with water. As it turns out, it was a Bath Fitter product. Although they had a lifetime warranty, as new owners, we are not eligible for it. That's unfortunate, but we were not expecting the services to be covered to begin with, so no big deal.

I am only giving 4 stars SOLELY due to the customer service staff. The first young woman I spoke to couldn't wait to get me off the phone. She neglected to do as she promised, which was put us down as an urgent call, to receive a call back first thing Monday morning (I called on a Saturday). I carried my phone with me the entire day Monday - no call. Finally at 4 pm, I called again. Frustrated. Spoke to a different representative and explained my frustration and that I was to receive a call to schedule someone to at least come and look at our tub on Monday morning.

Fast forward to my family showering at whatever friends place we could get to, now 4 days after the flooding, and me having to take time off work to wait. Even though I had scheduled the time off for this, the Scheduler came back and wanted to do it a different day than I was told would work. It was very, very frustrating, but in the end, she was able to have the technician, Jared, come to my home on the day I was scheduled to be there. Aside from the frustration of dealing with the customer service folks, Jared did a fantastic and very fast job of getting rid of all of the water and resealing my liner to my tub. When I asked him how we work the payment for the work and how much it would be, he informed me that even though I am not eligible for the lifetime warranty, they were doing the repairs for me at no charge.

I admit, I was embarrassed, as I started to cry. My family has been hit with multiple tragedies and things have not been easy. It was probably the first time in over a year that someone had done something nice for us. It was such a huge weight off my shoulders, that I couldn't hide my overwhelming sense of relief. I have not yet used the shower - giving the silicone as long as possible to cure, even though Jared said I could use it this morning. I don't want to risk any issues and I am extremely grateful that Bath Fitter, and Jared took care of us, even though they really didn't have to do that. Thank you very much.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Mandy, thank you for sharing your experience. We're glad to hear that our team was able to go above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction. Thank you again for taking the time to leave this review!

Get expert buying tips about Bathroom Remodeling Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

When we went to Home Depot, we saw the Bath Fitter display. They gave me a card and I called Bath Fitter. When the rep came, he showed the samples and explained which ones were the most popular. We want safety and we’re not into glamour that much and so, he recommended the slip-resistance grip bars. He mentioned that everything that was put in is an industrial quality and that mattered to us too. He also explained how high we could go with the shower unit. He did a great job and we ended up getting the clear glass shower doors, the plain white, smooth shower inside, and the single shelf to hold supplies. We were happy with that. However, the cost choked me and because we’re retired and on fixed income, we didn’t get the 20% discount. So, in a sense, we’re paying interest every month but at least, the shower is in now. It was expensive but I was happy to have the job completed in one day and have it very clean.

The man who came to do the installation was amazing. He cut the tub in half and carried the pieces out himself. The first thing he did was put protection down on our countertop in the bathroom where he was gonna lay his tools. He was extremely neat. At one point, another gentleman came in. The pipes had to go higher because it wasn’t going from a bathtub. He cut into the walls and checked, and there was no mold or mildew behind our existing bathtub, which was nice. Also, the floor was dry. He did a great job.

We asked for a third bar to be put in. He looked at how clean I kept everything. He said that the disks that go on either end of the grab bar and go into the wall can be sealed. The sealant can be put on them and they can go right on, or I can twist on and off and get behind them if I wanna clean them. He also told me that I may want to not have that sealant put on because over time, it’ll be cleaner if I didn’t have it and I said okay. I’ve been going in and unscrewing and cleaning. It’s really easy to do since it’s just a single twist but my husband said that he wished I had it sealed. There are six spots because there are three grab bars, so the only regret I have is that I didn’t tell him to seal those. However I will ask Bath Fitter about getting the sealant put on when I call them about a type of cleaner that I want to use.

Also, there are two shower doors and we’re supposed to use one of them in a certain way so that there’s no leaking. When it’s closed, there’s a little hook and we’re supposed to pull that to open because the bathtubs are on the outside. The little hook is a piece of equipment that screws into the door handle on the other side, but we don’t see the screw. It’s a little white tab and on it is a U-shaped piece of metal that we push to open and close the door. A knob would probably look kinda corny, but for the elderly people, it’s hard to grab that little thing. There’s also a little bit of suction to pull it to get it open, so I’m putting my hand on the glass and I’m also using that thing. Each door has one and the metal tab thing that opens and closes has come off. It’s falling off and I put it back in where the holes are. It’s not making me feel comfortable and it’s difficult to open and close the door.

I wish that in future designs of the door, they could have something a little more substantial because a lot of people using the door are elderly people. Anybody who has arthritis wouldn’t even be able to get their finger in that little piece to push it open and closed. On the other hand, stepping in and out of the shower is fine. Everything is absolutely perfect.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Alice, thank you so much for sharing your experience! Our team prides itself on delivering an outstanding product that will delight you and your family for years to come. We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your great experience and we are so thrilled that you love your new shower. Thank you again for your business.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

I purchased a shower and I did go up and look at it before the installer left. But I only discovered later that night that the bathroom was filthy. There were layers of wood dust all over the bathroom. The installer had tried to cover things when he was here but it didn't do anywhere near enough good. There was wood dust on everything including my toothbrush, my shampoo and my soap. I had to clean every single item and it took six hours to clean all the mess. They had told me to empty everything out of my shower before the man came to do the installation. But the situation could have been so easily avoided if they had told me to clear everything out of the bathroom. Then all I would have had to do was wipe down the countertop. It would have been vastly easier. Actually, Bath Fitter should have done that anyway. It shouldn't have been for me to clean up.

I started by trying to clean the floor but after I had done that, my feet were filthy because I had been walking on it. So I decided to get into the shower to clean my feet. They had told me not to use the shower for a certain number of hours. But the installer had used the shower and just aimed at the floor to make sure that the plumbing was all connected properly so I figured it would be okay to get in and squirt my feet. But when I got into the shower, it was so slippery that I was terrified that I was gonna fall. Fortunately, the grab bars had been installed so I was able to grab hold of them.

The shower cost me thousands of dollars and it's a danger to life and limb. I was not told by the salesperson what I needed to do, if anything needed to be done, to make it safe. And I was told by the installer not to do the one thing that was listed in the booklet about how to make it safe. There was something in there about installing some kind of coating to make it less slippery. But the installer said that it doesn't work very well and that it's sticky. He said that any kind of shower would accumulate a little bit of grit and the grit would get into the sticky part then it's really filthy and hard to clean up.

The shower was not even slippery just for that night. Having a shower there in general is incredibly slippery. I've bought a shower mat to put in there but it's a pain in the neck to have to deal with. I've never needed them before and my previous shower had not been slippery at all. In fact, I've never had a shower where I felt like I was slipping and sliding.

When the Bath Fitter agent came out to describe the whole process, it seemed reasonable. The man who was here to sell me the items and the man who was here to install the items were lovely and cooperative. It was after the fact that I had these reactions. I felt very frightened by the slipperiness and very angry about the mess. All in all, I was not a very happy camper.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Barbara, thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate your feedback and please do not hesitate to contact us at 888-781-0359 if there is any other way we can be of assistance. Thank you again for your business and have a great day.

Original review: July 24, 2018

When I went up to a home show, I saw Bath Fitter as one of the first exhibits. Their advertising was about redoing bathtubs but I noticed that they also had a display of a shower. They should have a few more ads that say they do showers, too. Then, I inquired and they said that a salesman would get in touch with me as they didn’t answer a lot of questions at the home show. So, a salesman came over, measured things, and we talked about it. He gave me a quote and he said that he took off a certain amount with the offer he made for me. I told him that I needed a few days to think it over because it was a lot of money. Then, he walked out the door and I thought it was rather unfair to say that I could take advantage of the discount until he walked out the door.

A few days later, I called him up and he came over. I told him that I’d do it but they gotta give me the discount. I was given a coupon for $100 off at the home show. He said he couldn't give the full discount but he could make it a little less. So, I purchased the shower on June 13th and when I signed the contract with the salesperson to the completion of the job, it was quick. Then the installation took three weeks at the most because one of the installers they hoped to come got tied up on a job and was quite a distance that he couldn't do my job. So, they assigned it to somebody else.

The doors I have in my bathroom are stock items and they are clear glasses. And the shelving are stock shelving with a little footrest on the bottom. I also has a grab bar against the wall. Somebody from Bath Fitter told me that he could raise the shower head by another foot. It was great and really practical but it was for another $50. Still, I went for it because I’m 6’3 and I couldn’t stand upright when I had the shower in the bathtub. I appreciate the extra height and at the end of the day, $50 more was okay to have that convenience.

The installer who came out was very professional and very friendly. I'd like to write in a commendation for him. He knew what he was doing so when I inquired, he told me about a training process that they went through. He ran into a couple of little problems but they weren't something that he could not overcome. He had to think about them and tell me which way to do them. He also kept the work space very clean and I was very impressed that he could take out the old tub without me helping him. I watched his workmanship and his skill and I was really impressed.

When he did the majority of the work the first day, I almost had to twist his arm to sit down for a few minutes and take a break. He had a quick 15-minute break then got back at it and he never stopped for lunch. Even though I insisted that he do it, he said he'd rather work straight through. Maybe part of it was because he lived a distance and he wanted to beat rush-hour traffic. He also seemed to be somewhat of a Jack of all trades and a bit of a plumber. So, he was very good with the installation.

However, it was inconvenient to open the door from the inside to turn the shower on and out. I didn't notice it at the time but the installer placed the control handle that is used to open the door at the wrong end of the door. I them phoned back about it and I had to send a picture. Then about two days later, somebody came out and switched it around to the correct position. It was something that was overlooked and the installer somehow missed it but it got rectified quickly. The guy that I dealt with on the phone was very helpful, knowledgeable, and very friendly.

So far, I’m pleased with the shower and it complemented the bathroom it is in. I enjoy it that I think of excuses to go in it. I also got a toilet and a sink to match the color of the shower that is white and everything was okay. I could guarantee just from observing the installer and I felt confident that I'm not gonna have problems with it. I have mentioned Bath Fitter to a friend and there are four other units in the building I live in that had a Bath Fitter tub or shower installed.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Ed, thank you so much for sharing! We’re thrilled that you had a positive experience and that our team went above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction. Thank you again for your business and have a great day!

Original review: July 17, 2018

We've seen the advertising kiosk in the malls and then we went to the Baltimore Home Show down at the convention center. At the show, the Bath Fitter reps were saying what they could do and showed the materials they would use. They had this small sample tub made from the same material at the show so we had seen what kind of tub we were gonna get. We asked them a lot of questions and we asked them to come out and give us an estimate. After that, we had a couple of other companies come out but they were a lot more expensive so we went with Bath Fitter.

Also, the Bath Fitter rep who came out told us that they could rip out the old tub and put in a new one. And the other guys were just telling us what they would do to repair the problem but they wouldn't fix it. The problem was our old tub developed a crack in the middle of the tub lengthwise and the other guys would just put fiberglass down, reinforce it and then call it good. But Bath Fitter said it had to be completely torn out and replaced. So we decided to go with that instead of doing a halfway job.

The Bath Fitter sales rep who came out to do the estimate also finalized everything. He had a lot of examples to show for the finishes such as marble finish, brick finish or just plain white or any other color. We made our choice and he said it would take about three weeks to manufacture and then we would set up an install date. And he was true to his word. Three weeks later, they called up and said they were ready to install. So the guy came out and did a complete install.

We ended up getting a complete new bath surround, a new faucet and shower head. The installation team was friendly and they were great. When the installer needed something, he let us know and we took care of it. But he came out with all of his materials so we didn’t have to provide him anything, just information. And it worked really good that way. And while they had the walls up, they checked on the pipes and found out they were in good shape too. They replaced the faucets and made sure they were good to go. And then they put the tub in, put the surround on and polished it up.

We had to take down a towel rack that we had up because the surround came out and covered up where the towel rack was. I was gonna replace the towel rack up anyway because it was kinda old, bent and dented. So after they were finished, I got a new towel rack, put it up and it was all good to go. Bath Fitter came out in early March and on the first week of April, they came out to do the job which was phenomenal. It took them two days to do it but it was well worth it. My experience with Bath Fitter excellent. If I had to replace another tub, they're going to be my first person to go to.

Bath Fitter response

Hi James, thank you so much for sharing! We’re thrilled that you had a great experience and that our team at Bath Fitter of Baltimore went above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction. We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your great experience and we are so thrilled that you love your new Bath Fitter unit. Thank you again for your business and have a great day!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

Original review: May 20, 2019

In 2006 we chose Bath Fitter to re-do our bathtub. We had them tear out the old fiberglass tub and surround that the builder had installed and replace it with a new tub and surround. It held up great and we loved how the surround is seamless and goes all the way to the ceiling. It still looked like new and everything was fine until April 2019, we noticed a small crack at the back of the tub. It was only about 3 inches long and looked like a strand of hair.

We called Bath Fitter, hoping they truly stood behind their lifetime warranty, and told them about it and about a week later, they sent someone out to inspect it. He said that Bath Fitter would replace the entire tub, surround, and hardware free of charge. They ordered the items and a few weeks later, they came and installed the new tub and surround. It looks fantastic just like before. The tech was fast and friendly and covered all of our flooring to prevent damage all the way from the front door to the bath, and cleaned up when he was done. I can't say enough good things about this company.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Sonja, thank you so much for sharing your experience! We are so glad to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction!!

Original review: May 17, 2019

Bath Fitter from Sandy, Utah came to do our tub replacement. We got a walk in shower/tub removal. Steve was our tech. He did an absolute wonderful job... very professional. Kept the carpets clean with runners during the whole install. We are very happy with our new shower and would recommend Bath Fitter to anyone.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review William! We are so glad to hear our team was able to provide you with a great experience! Thank you for your business!!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 16, 2019

I submitted an online request for information. Of course, they won't give you ANY information over the phone. So, I agreed to schedule a visit for a technician to come and give me an estimate. They wanted to know if my spouse or significant other would be there. That is none of their business and I told them so. They insisted that they needed both there to send someone out! WHAT?!?! I told them (a man) they would either be there to see me or they wouldn't. HE SAID THEY WOULDN'T! REALLY??? So, if I don't provide them with the information THEY want, they are willing to lose the business! How stupid is that? I WILL NOT DO BUSINESS WITH A COMPANY THAT PROBABLY WOULDN'T ASK A MAN THAT QUESTION! BESIDES, it's none of their business if I do or do not have a significant other or spouse.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Ruth, thank you for reaching out and letting us know. We recommend to our clients that all decision-makers be present during the consultation to best answer everyone's questions but, considering your situation, you should have been able to book your appointment without a problem. We’d love the opportunity to make things right. We pass this message along to our local branch and they will be in contact shortly. Thank you.

Original review: May 15, 2019

I saw a display for Bath Fitter at a store and realized that I didn’t have to do the remodel myself if I hired them. So I decided to call them. I got a tub-shower combination for my daughter's bathroom and it's nice and clean. We got the plain old white white and it's really basic. The installer was great as well. One gentleman came out and he brought his son to come help carry some things when he was doing the deconstruction stuff, so he wouldn’t nick up the walls, steps or anything else. He asked ahead of time if it was okay and I agreed. When the boy came in, he helped carry out three pieces of stuff and I didn’t see him again.

The installer was a very nice person. I offered him coffee and lunch, and he declined. He said he was just gonna work. Also, the installation was a one day thing which was kinda what I was looking for. But the amount of caulk that was placed looks like the whole thing is held together with caulk and I’m glad it’s not in my bathroom. It would drive me crazy to look at that everyday. But you see that only on the edges and on the seams, and my daughter doesn’t care because she is thrilled that it’s clean.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Veronica, thank you for your review! We are so glad to hear our team was able to provide you with a great experience. Thank you for your business!

Original review: May 14, 2019

Bath Fitter was our only option 'cause we couldn't remove our tub. They did the tub and enclosure, the plumbing, and the shower head. The installation was great. They were professional and courteous, and they cleaned up. We also enjoyed Justin, our sales rep. He very thoroughly explained all the details of the product.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Jeff. We are glad to hear our team was able to provide you with a great experience! Thank you for your business!

Original review: May 14, 2019

We bought a walk-in shower and glass doors from Bath Fitter because we liked the way it was done. It was one piece and has a lifetime guarantee. The sales rep really seemed to know what he was doing. And as it was, the remodel turned out very nice. The installation team was very professional and very knowledgeable. They did an excellent job.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Cecil, thank you for sharing your experience! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction!!

Original review: May 12, 2019

We used Bath Fitter before up in Central New York. We went back to them because of the quality of service, quality of product, friendliness, ease, the whole nine yards. We took out our old bathtub and put in a walk-in shower unit. The young man that came in and did it took a day and three-quarters to get it all done which is what we anticipated. He was very caring. I got a 90 plus year old mother living with us and he was very considerate about making sure things were out of her way when she walking around the house. We love our new shower. It couldn't have been any better. It was a fantastic experience with Bath Fitter.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Philip, thank you for your review. We are so glad to hear our team was able to provide you with a great experience!

Original review: May 11, 2019

We purchased the tub and shower combination, and also did a grab bar and one shelf. We had a great time with Bath Fitter. The information that they gave was accurate, and we enjoyed their presentation. They were cordial, kind and friendly. The installer did a fantastic job. He communicated with me with everything he needed to do. He called me ahead of time, and said what time he would be there. And he was there, and finished his work. He had everything done by the time I got off work. It looks very good and very clean. I love it.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Dean, thank you for sharing your experience! We are so glad to hear your Bath Fitter team was able to provide you with a great experience. Thank you for your business!

Original review: May 11, 2019

I had a bathtub cover-up done by Bath Fitter and it looks nice when the installer was done. But it was awfully expensive. Also, I don't like the fact that my bathtub is closer to my toilet than I would like. It took up extra space and it crowds you on the toilet now. The installer should've moved the gooseneck for the shower head up higher. It is like you gotta be five foot tall to get underneath the shower head. Because of the shower head we bought, he had to go get a longer neck. That longer neck put it to where it was down farther and it's kinda inconvenient. But other than that, the experience was good and the guy that did it was good. All of Bath Fitter's people were really nice. Their quality of work seemed pretty good.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Don. We are glad to hear you had a great experience with our team. Thank you for your business.

Original review: May 10, 2019

We purchased the bathtub from Bath Fitter. We had a fine experience with their sales rep and the installation team came and did their job. It’s a nice addition to our bathroom.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Shirley, thank you so much for your positive feedback!

Original review: May 10, 2019

I needed a step-in shower because I'm handicapped. I went to a vendor fair and Bath Fitter was there. I've seen a lot of their work of some other people that I knew, and I knew that they did a good job and guaranteed their stuff. I've also seen in a picture of what I wanted right there so I told them that's what I wanted. That process was very easy. I called the number on the card the guy gave me then they sent a representative out and I filled out all the information. Two weeks later, they put the shower in. The installer did an amazing job too. He cleaned up after himself and didn’t leave any mess. It was great. It all went smooth and easy.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Robin, thank you for your review! We are glad to hear our team was able to make everything easy and ensure your satisfaction.Thank you for taking the time to share your experience!

Original review: May 9, 2019

Bath Fitter did a great job and I have nothing but good to say about them. I went to a craft show of our American Legion, and there was a gentleman there and he handed me a card. So, I called and another gentleman came out. I had my son-in-law, and we asked questions and he answered them. The installers were great and worked continuously. They brought the pieces in and put it up so that it really looks nice. They came on Wednesday and came back Thursday to finish the job. They also put stuff down on my floor so they wouldn't track on it.

I'm really satisfied with my walk-in shower. It only has about a six-inch step to step up into it. It's big and the whole thing is at one end of my bathroom. I also purchased grab bars, so there are two of them. I also have the shelving that goes in the corner and then the wooden seat. It's white, but it's a nice seat. Having my shower has helped a lot because before, I had to step up over my bathtub to get in to take a shower. I wish I had it when my husband was alive. He couldn't lift his weight that high to get in so he couldn't take a shower. I would highly recommend Bath Fitter.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Linda, thank you for your review! We are glad to hear you are loving your new shower. We hope you will continue to enjoy it for years to come. Thank you for your business!

Original review: May 8, 2019

My husband and I would definitely recommend Bath Fitter to others. The cost estimate was very accurate and the timeline to start and complete the project was wonderful. The staff who actually did the work were very professional, let us know when they would arrive, communicated problems to us, kept us informed of progress, and were very respectful.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Jan, thank you for your review! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to provide you with a great experience! Thank you for your business!

Original review: May 8, 2019

My parents used Bath Fitter in both of their bathrooms and were thrilled with the results so when I was finally able to do my bathroom, I gave Bath Fitter a call. The salesman was helpful with ideas and staying in my budget, and I couldn't help but giggle any time I called with a question and Patty answered the phone, "how can I make you smile?"; she always did. The installer, Chris was professional and even with a trainee, the work went really fast. I had other work being done in the bathroom and Chris suggested he leave some of the trim unfinished and come back after the floor was replaced. It worked out great and I am so pleased with how clean and fresh everything looks. Great work!

Bath Fitter response

Hi Leah, thank you so much for sharing your experience! We are so glad to hear our team was able to go above and beyond to make you smile! Thank you for your business!!

Original review: May 8, 2019

Our basement bath was 30 years old so it was rather raunchy and everything was in pretty bad shape. The reviews on Bath Fitter and their quality seem very good. Plus, they were fast. I really wanted the entire unit to be put in within two days. Their sales rep was very nice. She came, sat with us and talked about the unit. Then we decided and she came back and did all of the initial measurements. Then, about a week later, someone came and did all of the exact measurements with machines and lasers. He was also very nice.

After about eight weeks, the installers came. Before, we had a regular shower and bathtub. They turned the old bath into a shower with glass doors and onyx fixtures. Both of them were very nice. While they were installing the shower, they cracked the lid of my toilet. Without even worrying about it, they got a whole new toilet and installed it free. Bath Fitter seems to be very honest and upfront. They did a good job and we're very happy with the product.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Claire, thank you for your review! We are glad to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Original review: May 7, 2019

I love my shower. And I cannot say enough about the installer. Very nice. Very informative and the cleanup and the presentation was amazing. I had to give him a big hug. I can't praise him enough. I would recommend Bath Fitter to all.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Charlotte, thank you for sharing your experience! We are thrilled to hear you are loving your new shower. Thank you for your business!

Original review: May 7, 2019

We were very pleased with the professionalism and craftsmanship that helped transform our bathroom into a thing of beauty. Our salesman, Dave **, was terrific, start to finish! Two small issues came up, but Dave fixed them in the least amount of time possible. We will definitely recommend Bath Fitter to family and friends!

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Dan! We are thrilled to hear Dave was able to go above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction. Thank you for your business!

Original review: May 7, 2019

I got a walk-in shower and went for Bath Fitter considering the warranty. If something goes wrong, they would come and fix everything at no cost for me. I could’ve gotten the power shower installed for less price, but I’m getting at that age that I don’t wanna have to fix it. The installation team was awesome and the guy was very particular with how things are done. I was very impressed with that. The shower was for our extra bathroom and we haven’t used it yet. Still, we got a nice shower there, and if we get any guests over, they would be able to use it.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Gerald, thank you for your review! We hope you will continue to enjoy your shower for many years to come! Thank you for your business.

Original review: May 7, 2019

My husband's sister had had Bath Fitter. They changed when her husband couldn’t climb in the tub, and they turned it to a shower. And she just couldn’t get over how well they were, and how good they did. And it was suggested that we do that here. We’re very happy with it. Everything was fantastic. The sales rep was very good. When he came, my son was with me, ‘cause we’re elderly, and the sales rep explained everything and showed us everything. So, we knew just exactly what was gonna be when he came. The installation team worked so quickly too. I thought it was gonna be a much longer process than it was. There’s nothing I can say derogatory about it at all. It’s the first experience I’ve ever had, and I was so well pleased with all of them. They just went about their job and cleaned up. It was great.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Betty, thank you for sharing your experience! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to go above and beyond to provide you with a great experience!

Original review: May 6, 2019

I was skeptical when reading some of the poor reviews, but the good reviews outweighed the bad ones. The initial consultation wasn't very impressive, but we had already decided at that point to go with the company. Once all the paperwork was done, and financing went through (they are quite expensive), everything went as they stated. We had the tub removed and replaced with a shower stall. The installer came the date they told us. He was awesome. Had everything installed and cleaned up by 3:00 pm. The only problem we encountered is the shower doors need a leveler which had to be ordered. We could still use the shower, but the doors were not very stable. It took 3 weeks for that to come in. It's still new so I can't comment on how keeping it clean is difficult as some reviews state, but I am using a cleaner that is recommended by the company. All in all, I would definitely recommend this company and would use them!!!

Bath Fitter response

Hi Patricia, thank you for your review! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to provide you a great experience and a beautiful new shower. Thank you for your business.

Original review: May 6, 2019

I checked all the other companies around and I felt like Bath Fitter had something better to offer. I also knew some people who has had Bath Fitter in to install and they were happy. We purchased two showers and we had the corner shelf and the handicap bars installed as well. I liked the design and the fact that the product had a lifetime warranty on it. So I didn’t have to do anything from that point on.

The salespeople did very well and then I had two different crews do the installation at two different times. Both of them were very cordial and courteous. They took care of everything pretty quickly, explained everything to me and left the house in good condition. Each install took a little bit over a day and a half. It was pretty involved and of course, they had to tear out the old shower. They did all that in one day and prepared it for installation. Then the next day, they were in and out by lunchtime so it was pretty good. I like the looks of it. It’s very nice and it's easy to clean and keep clean. It certainly gave us more room than the one we had. So there is a lot of things we’re happy with. Everything went very smoothly so I was very pleased with the experience. I would highly recommend Bath Fitter to anybody else. As a matter of fact, I’ve already recommended them to a couple of other people. They’ve seen our bathrooms and they were very impressed.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Wayne, thank you for sharing your experience. We are thrilled to hear our team were able to complete everything to your satisfaction!!

Original review: May 6, 2019

The tub at our house has been refinished two times, once prior to us buying the house and one we did ourselves, and it wouldn't last. My husband passed away and there's the chance that I'll be putting the house on the market. So, I went with Bath Fitter as my remodeling company since I liked their guarantee of one year to five years for having my tub area refinished. I purchased a tub from them as well as some hardware. Their rep was very kind and knowledgeable and the installer they sent was very professional. The refinishing took no more than two hours and since then, I've come to like not having paint chips floating in my bubble bath.

However, my house is in the 50s, so I have the lovely, kinda lime green tile and it wasn't conveyed that I would have to go with Bath Fitter in order to do a cover up on the tile portion in the bathroom or it would void my warranty. This was because of the silicone caulk. I didn't ask and I was under the assumption that that was something I could touch. It wasn't until after the installation that it was conveyed that it would mess up the warranty. Still, my experience with Bath Fitter has been very positive and I'm enjoying my refinished tub area.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Angie, thank you for your review. We are glad to hear you are enjoying your new bathtub. Thank you for your business!

Original review: May 5, 2019

I needed somebody that was gonna do a solid job, and it looked like Bath Fitter would and knew what they were doing. I liked the presentation and thought it would fit what I needed. I got a tub and shower, a couple of grab bars and a couple of shelves. The customer service was good. They were very easy to deal with. The installer was super good, too. He worked and gave 1000%. I was very impressed with him. He was willing to do whatever he needed to do to make it right and make it work right. He discovered what seemed like a leak that was a result of the installation. He worked to try and figure that out. If he had been available to hire to do other things, I would've hired him.

Bath Fitter was really expensive compared to other options out in the marketplace, but it's a good product and I like it. However, I'm not happy with the showerhead. It's not a big enough showerhead, first of all. And second of all, I don’t like the streams that come out of it. They're not symmetrical and the aim of them is kind of askew and it wasn’t before.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Terry, thank you for your review. We are glad to head our team was able to provide you with a great experience. We will pass your message regarding the shower head along to our branch. Thank you.

Original review: May 5, 2019

I liked Bath Fitter's shower, so I got it, and I also got shelves. Their sales rep was thorough, but I was more impressed with the installer. He was just one guy, and he did a very good job.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your positive feedback Don! We're glad to hear our team was able to provide you with a great experience!

Original review: May 4, 2019

I’ve been enjoying my Bath Fitter tub ever since we had it. We got it put in a day before Valentines and the installer was very good. He also cleaned up after himself. The sales rep was very nice as well and she explained everything to us. I would recommend Bath Fitter to a friend.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Mary, thank you for your review! We are glad to hear our team was able to provide you with a great experience!!

Bath Fitter expert review by Joseph Truini

Bath Fitter was founded in 1984 in Montreal. It focuses on easy-to-install custom bathtub and shower liners for homes. This bathroom remodeling company has hundreds of locations across the United States and Canada.

• Acrylic bathtub liners: Bath Fitter sells and installs durable acrylic liners that fit precisely over existing bathtubs and showers. With this approach, consumers eliminate the expense and mess of tearing out the tub or shower enclosure.

• Easy installation: The installation process is quick since the bathtub and shower don’t have to be removed. The company can also convert a combination tub/shower into a spacious shower-only unit.

• In-home consultations: Experienced bath-remodeling contractors meet with consumers to inspect the existing tub or shower and explain how the Bath Fitter solution works.

• Customized solutions: Bath Fitter customizes solutions for its customers so their selection fits their existing bathroom perfectly.

• Matching accessories: Bath Fitter has bathroom hardware and fixtures designed to perfectly match their bathroom liners. Consumers can choose from a wide range of faucets, shower rods, towel holders and other bathroom accessories complement the custom liners.

• Best for: Bath Fitter is best for homeowners, landlords and real estate investors who want to improve the look and performance of their bathrooms.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Bath Fitter Company Information