4.48/5
Based on 582 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Bath Fitter is North America's leading acrylic bathtub, shower enclosure and tub-to-shower conversion company. Our bathtub refinishing products are custom molded to fit over existing fixtures for quick and clean bathroom renovations that last a lifetime. Best of all, we can complete the installation in just one day without compromising quality.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: May 21, 2018

3341 Bath Fitter Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 21, 2018

Martin came at 8:30 am and was finished by 3:30 pm. He did a fabulous job and cleaned up well. He found the leak we knew we had and fixed it. We now have a beautiful tub with no worries! He placed the bars and soap dishes exactly where we wanted them. He was pleasant and friendly. Thank you very much.

Get expert buying tips about Bathroom Remodeling Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 21, 2018

We were looking into remodeling our bath. A nice young man in a kiosk in the mall up Sioux Falls introduced us to Bath Fitter. We purchased from them three months ago and we got a bath with the surround wall and then two end pieces, which is a curtain rod. The young man who did the installation was clean and he picked the bath himself. He was very courteous, very nice, and tolerative with me sticking my head in and watching him work. And he took time out of his work to answer questions. It was very nice of him. We love our new bathroom from Bath Fitter. We still have some more room to do but it’s halfway there and it makes us very happy. We’ve already told folks about our experience with bath tub and we highly recommended Bath Fitter.

Original review: May 20, 2018

We worked with another company on our other bathroom and we were happy with that company too. But that bathroom needed a total redo and they did the cabinets, the sink and everything. What we needed to do now in this bit of bathroom was basically the tub and Bath Fitter doesn’t do a whole bathroom. The sales rep was very knowledgeable and the tech came out the first day, got the old tub out and did all the prep work. On the second day, he came back and he had cut one piece short. And he’s coming from a place that's close to three hours drive away. So we told him he could just not do it all the way to the ceiling. But he said no. He said the job needs to be done right and so he did that.

He went back and cut the correct piece, and then he came out that same day. He would’ve been probably done around 2:00 or 3:00 in the afternoon, but he got done around 8:00 at night because he had to make the extra trip to and from Sioux Falls. We were impressed with that. He didn’t take any shortcuts even though we said it’d be okay. They had to take the previous tub out because it was an old fiber glass one. So, they cut and removed that, and then they put the new one in. This was in February. The tech did an awesome job. We’ve been kind of working on the bathroom anyway so we had some of our mess that we hadn’t cleaned up and he cleaned it up. So, the place was cleaner than when he came. We have a bit of a distance to go into the bathroom, so he laid down cover cloths all over our carpet in the kitchen area. That way, when he was going in and out of the house, he didn’t make a mess. He was very, very concerned about this.

We’re really happy with the bath tub the way it is and happy with the installation. It was a bit on the pricey side, but it was in line with what we paid for the other bathroom. Bath Fitter is a good company and we were very satisfied. The first day when the tech came a bit later than when we anticipated, he said he was stopping to correct something on someone that was on the way. So, it sounds like Bath Fitter fixes what they’re supposed to.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I got the shower with the two shower heads and the stool from Bath Fitter. We were gonna go with one of these about five years ago but we didn’t have that kind of money at that time. When my husband passed away, I took some of my money and had it installed. The sales rep was kind, generous, and very friendly. The installation went great and the installers cleaned up after themselves until they finished the job. Bath Fitter has been awesome and if there’s any way that you want the walk-in tub or the shower to be, they can do it. They do a great job. I have showed my shower to my friends and they all think it’s beautiful and I was well pleased. If I ever had another bathroom, Bath Fitter will be the ones that would put the plumbing in.

Original review: May 17, 2018

When we first got the tub the experience was very good. They came out did install and it was beautiful. After a period of time a small defect and crack showed up in bottom of tub. I contacted and sent pictures and was told a new tub was scheduled to be install within a few weeks. This was Nov. 14, 2017. Then after scheduled they decided they need someone to come out and look at the crack before replacing. We were notified of this on Dec. 22 2017 after they supposedly had a tub scheduled to replace. Branch manager finally came out January 12, 2018 and said they would replace no problem. So we get promised to install on February 2018.

Installer shows up and after 1 hour says "sorry they sent wrong tub". We are promised it will get taken care of immediately. Next installer shows up on May 4th and guarantees everything has been checked and good to go. They cut out old tub part way and then come and tell me, "Sorry we AGAIN have the wrong tub." I am promised that day new tub will be on a truck by May 8th and would for sure be installed May 18th. Well I get a message on May 16th they have a machine broke down and tub will not be ready by May 18th for install. This is going on 8 months and I have a guest bathroom with a tub partially cutout and only promises. Great customer service when we wanted to buy. Very disappointed with follow up service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

Original review: May 17, 2018

Bath Fitter does a great a job, they're reasonable price-wise and they exceed expectations every time. After talking with the salesperson, it seemed that they were on the up-and-up and very professional about it. He gave us timeframes which were met, and the work schedule was met and exceeded as well. We had the surround shower put in and the installer was very professional and had a sense of humor at the same time. So I was very happy with everything. The product is phenomenal and it's a night and day difference from what we had.

Original review: May 16, 2018

I was looking at the TV ads and at first, I liked the idea about how you could custom mold the shell over the top of the tub. Then I got to thinking that I wish I can just rip the tub out and put in a whole new shower unit so I made inquiries. Bath Fitter had a salesman stop by and talk to me. I liked what he had to say and the products they use so we hired them to do it. We signed the contract in November and it was put in in January. They took out my old bathtub unit and shower surround, and put in a new shower with a diverter valve for a handheld shower and a new drip pan. We also got the Basco shower doors and we just love it. I like the seamless construction of the shower surround and the lifetime guarantee against leaks. It was very well-done and since it’s acrylic, it doesn’t take up much space as the old shower surround so I gained a good 3 inches in my bathroom.

The installer was fantastic and very professional. He put down drop cloths and cleaned up after himself. Overnight, he did a wonderful job. We own a house in Tipton and we had a bathtub that has a crack on it. We liked the job so much that we contacted Bath Fitter to have them rip the bathtub and put a new shower in that house. Bath Fitter should keep doing what they’re doing because I couldn’t be happier. We have recommended it to friends and we told them that Bath Fitter gets things done quickly and the way that things are cleaned up when they’re done. Also, you can’t beat the quality and the construction of the materials.

Original review: May 15, 2018

I went on the internet, looked Bath Fitter up and looked at reviews. It looked like exactly what I wanted. I liked their website, what it said and the fact that they've done a lot of bathrooms. I found out that they were experienced and reliable so I gave them a call. The sales representative was a good guy. Our interaction was straightforward and upfront. And the person who came to do the installation was very skilled. He really knew what he was doing. It was not a trivial job. It was an old house and it looked horrible before. It looks great now.

I had the tub-shower combination installed six months ago. They put a laminate over the tub and then the walls around the shower. We also asked for some help having access to a space behind the bathtub that we didn’t wanna lose by encasing it in the material. So the guy helped us cut some holes in that. So we still have access and a place to store things. That was done great. We also had to get a curtain rod that bowed out. The experience was very professional and nice overall. I’m a satisfied camper.

Original review: May 14, 2018

We had a good experience with Bath Fitter and we're happy with them. We were gonna do the tub overlay, but when their reps looked at it they said that our tub is in really good shape. So, we had a shower installed above the existing tub. The installer who came out did a good job and cleaned up everything. He also had an apprentice with him that day. I tried to keep my distance but I was keeping a close eye on everything. Overall, I would recommend them. The price was a bit on the high side but you get what you pay for.

Original review: May 13, 2018

The sales rep at Bath Fitter was good. He explained everything and answered all our questions. We got a molded background shower and the installer was very good too. He was here and then left again when he had some tools that he had to get and it took about nine hours for him to finish. The work done was very nice and was better than I expected. I'd tell others to try Bath Fitter out.

Original review: May 12, 2018

We saw Bath Fitter at the Farmers Market, Smithfield’s and we liked the options that were presented to us by the representative and the financing available made it possible. Their reps were very nice and informative, they kept us updated on the process and I appreciated that. We got new bath and shower inserts for both of our bathrooms from them. We’ve had our most recent one for about six months and the other one for about a year. We love the overall quality of work.

Original review: May 11, 2018

I've seen Bath Fitter advertised for years. And they were the first people I thought of to call when I got into the house and looked at the tub. My experience with them was excellent from start to finish. We ended up getting the walk-in shower and I was impressed with the gentleman who came and did all the work by himself. He ripped the old one out and he put the new one in. He worked quickly and he was neat and courteous. Purchasing a Bath Fitter was one of the best decisions I've ever made.

Original review: May 11, 2018

I purchased the tub and the shower surround from Bath Fitter back in October and the sales rep was nice and very informative. He let us know what was gonna happen and explained everything. There was only one guy who did the installation and he did a really good job. I’m taking this house up to sell and I’ve been working on it part-time. I’ve been away and it’s now probably two or three weeks away from being put on the market, so the tub hasn’t even been used but I’m hoping that there are no leaks and no problems. It was a little overpriced and it was more than what I was expecting to pay. I had in mind that it was gonna cost between $3,000 to $3,500, but I was told it was $5,100. I needed the job done and I didn’t know anyone else that did it so I said okay. Still, I was pleasantly surprised with how it looked afterward. I was also pleased with them doing it in one day and I’d recommend them.

Resolution response: May 14, 2018

The owner of the company, as mentioned, called me the day after I expressed my displeasure at being told I would be charged $850 to repair the sagging walls. This was on Friday. He told me the lady I spoke with was mistaken about the warranty and took full ownership of the issue and had a gentleman out today, Monday, to re-adhere the walls and ceiling. I was telephoned this morning and given advance notice. Gino showed up on time, was professional, and did the job. So, my experience with the Oklahoma City franchisee of Bathfitter went from great to poor to great again. The caveat to all parties simply is that, if you're a homeowner and contract with them, make sure you review and have in possession any warranties for workmanship and product life. And if you're the company, make sure the customer has said paperwork. To you, John, the owner. Thank you for your help

Original review: May 10, 2018

I purchased a shower stall package ten years ago. I was happy with the service provided by the local franchisee. And was happy with the product. Bragged on it. Got compliments on it. Tile stinks! But, recently, two of the walls have come loose from the adhesion and the ceiling sags. I called them. They were out the next day. Still happy with the service. The guy who came out indicated they had run into this problem before. I was surprised to learn from him that the adhesion is, of all things, double-sided tape. And that they had had problems with it so, about five years ago, they augmented the double-sided tape with a liquid adhesion. He complimented me on how well I took care of the stall. Looks new. I take care of my stuff. He took some photos and said he would report back to the office and they would call me the following week. They didn't.

I called them Thursday, four days into the week. They were friendly though. But, that's when their rep said they would charge me $850 to have the remedial work done. They said they had a 5 year warranty on their work. Nothing in any of the papers they gave me says anything of the sort. Bath Fitter's product warranty is clear. It applies strictly to the acrylic product. Not to installation. So, here I paid nearly $4000 for a product that was supposed to last as long as I owned my home and now I'm getting the runaround from the Bath Fitter reps about repairing sagging walls that are doing so through no fault of my own.

Bath Fitter response

Hi John, we're sorry to hear about your situation and we appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We reached out to your local Bath Fitter office and we were glad to hear they were able to contact you directly and that you are working together to resolve your concerns. Do not hesitate to let us know if we can further assist you. Sincerely, - the Bath Fitter team

Original review: May 10, 2018

I didn't have that much downtime and with Bath Fitter, it would be a quick installation. Also, they were running a special at the time. There was a quick response when I started to inquire. Then, a guy came out to give us a quote and was very clear on what the scheduling would be and what the product would be like. One guy came to do the installation and it was very good as well. He took out our bath and converted it to a walk-in shower with a sliding door. And it was all perfectly clean. I'm thankful for the good service. I had a great experience with them and I would strongly recommend them.

Original review: May 9, 2018

I installed a Bath Fitter tub & enclosure with glass doors...right after the installation the shower doors had a chip on it, I called and they came out and said they would have to replace the whole door and I passed on that because it was just completed but I said if more chips happen, I will replace. Well now there are more chips and there's some bubbling and chipping on the top side of the tub! I called service and they said the shower doors can be replaced for free but I would have to pay $350/hr for labor and it could take 2-3 hours! What? Then I asked about the bubbling and the said if that's the silicone, that's not covered either! So people beware, the lifetime warranty is a farce!!! These units are quite expensive to put in and if you think they will last a lifetime because of their warranty, don’t believe it!

Original review: May 9, 2018

I was looking at other remodeling companies but Bath Fitter was going to take less time to install and the price was more reasonable for the work being done. Also, they don’t disrupt your life for an extended period of time, it’s convenient and easy to do. The rep was personable, attentive and concerned with what my needs were. The appointment was made well enough in advance so that our family could make the adjustments we needed to make. And luckily for us, we have two bathrooms and we were all able to use one bathroom without screaming at each other. Only one person did most of the installation. I was concerned because it started raining, but they came anyway. The installer's supervisor came with him and once they started, he went over again what he would be doing and the installer got to work.

We ended up doing the over-bath and the shower door. We were debating whether to just change it to a shower but I still wanted a bathtub. And because I'm getting older, getting in and out of the bath tub is still gonna be a challenge. But I'm working around that. I’m gonna get me a little step to put right at the entrance. The space for entering and exiting is limited to one side because we’ve had the bathroom set-up. You couldn't use one end to get in and out because of where the commode is sitting. So, I need someone to come back and do an adjustment on the door and a little taping up at the top. But if I had to do it over again, I would not have put the shower door on that bathtub.

The turnaround wasn’t as fast as I expected and we had to wait at least two months. I thought I was gonna call and meet with them and the following week, they would be showing up to do the work. When I found out the time it was going to take, it was a bit disappointing because I wanted to bring some order to my house before Christmas so I had to move to another mindset. But I would share with friends my satisfaction with the quality of the items I purchased at the time and the efficiency of getting it installed.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 8, 2018

I have been using my shower now for 10 days and unfortunately I am less than satisfied. Firstly the material that was placed was not as hard and sturdy as the material described in the consultant's album. It is a soft plastic material that can easily bend and possibly break. I was placing my foot at the lower edge of the shower and it gave way allowing water to seep into the walls. We waited a week after installation to let everything set before use. Also the installer asked my husband to step into the shower immediately after installing it and I had told my husband later the main customer service advised against it, so why would the installer have him do that? Additionally the shower doors do not stay closed.

Finally, we noticed that the installer dented our drywall of our bathroom on installation. I have pictures from before the final touches were placed and after. I want to know what can be done. This is not satisfactory and a little misleading if you have people purchase a product based on material that is not what they are going to receive. In summary, the installer did not do the job right. The seams came undone and the shower door does not close. The quality of the product was sub par and was not the material that was shown in the consultation. I have reached out to Bath Fitter regarding my concerns and no reply.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Shirley, this does not sound like the experience we strive for and we’d love the opportunity to make it right. Our office will be in touch shortly to discuss your concerns. Thanks!

Original review: May 8, 2018

I liked Bath Fitter since they would come and do everything all at one time. We didn't have to have one person in to break down the wall or whatever. They would do everything, and it would be done within 24 hours. The rep came and brought everything to show us the accessories and different models of the wall he has to get. Very thorough, much helpful, described the accessories, and helped me decide what I want and what I didn't want. He's very helpful. An installer came early that morning and did the tub and shower. I felt sorry for him since I could tell he didn't feel good. But he did an excellent job and finished everything from the time he started. I'm very pleased with the bathroom. Everyone that comes and looks at it is so impressed. Someone asked me "On a scale of 1 to a100, a 100 being excellent, how satisfied are you?" And I said "Oh a 100% for sure."

Original review: May 7, 2018

My wife passed away, I was here by myself and I didn't like stepping over that old tub so I thought about getting one of those step-in tubs. I knew Re-Bath and Bath Fitter but I didn't know one from the other. So when I decided to call, I just called back to that and Bath Fitter came out and asked me what I got. They came and installed on the 2nd of February. The rep was a nice young man, very professional and he did his job. He also cleaned up everything when he left. The bathroom has good quality but it cost too much. $10,000 for a shower was not cheap but it’s paid for and I ain’t had any problem about it. I would tell friends to call Bath Fitter and get them to put a step in shower in for them.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 6, 2018

They talk BIG but the service is very poor. Great sales pitch, action and customer service POOR. The work in our house started in November of 2017 and not yet completed. We have made several attempts to get the issue resolved, even left a message to the VP in Montreal, No one cares. My suggestion to future customers 'DO NOT GO WITH THEIR BIG TALK AND SALES PITCH.'

Bath Fitter response

Hi Kiran, thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention as this does not sound like the experience we strive for. Your local Bath Fitter office will be in touch shortly to discuss your concerns. Thanks!

Original review: May 6, 2018

I like the fact that Bath Fitter could be installed in one day so I purchased a tub and a surround from them. My interaction with their sales rep was fine and my installation experience was fine too. However, we ran into some problems and I had someone else fix it because I’ve been trying to get a hold of them for months, and they only called me back yesterday. I’m waiting to see if they will take care of the plumbing problem and they’re supposed to call me any time today.

Original review: May 5, 2018

We had several bathroom companies come in and I liked Bath Fitter best and their people better. We got a tub from them on Christmas and we had a smooth dealing with their salesperson. We had one guy here who did the installation and he was really good. We are happy with the product. If a friend asks me about Bath Fitter, I'd tell him to look at it.

Original review: May 4, 2018

Our entire shower needed to be replaced. We had a crack there and we didn't know if there was mold. We spoke with the rep with Bath Fitter and he explained to us that if there's anything that needs to be done, Bath Fitter would do whatever work needs to be done to complete the installation. They would take care of it as opposed to saying, "Okay. Well, you guys have to get this fixed before we could complete the installation or what have you." We figured if we were to go through someone like Home Depot, we may end up having to deal with more than one contractor and we didn't want that possibility. The sales rep was nice, very professional, and answered all of our questions. The sit down was pretty lengthy, but overall, it was a good experience.

They installed an entire unit, the shower with the door and the installer explained to me everything that they needed to do and what they're going to do. And I just left them to their work. They got it done in the time frame and there were no issues. After the installation, he went over the proper cleaning and care. Overall, it was a pretty good experience. They were upfront with us about everything and I don't have anything that I would change. Some people may think it is a bit pricey by a comparison, but I think it is worth it in the end, especially with our situation. However much more you think you're spending, it may all even out and with less hassle to just go with Bath Fitter and depending on what it is you're dealing with. If it's a situation similar to ours, it's worth the cost.

Original review: May 3, 2018

I saw Bath Fitter on a TV commercial and I just went and decided to go with them. The sales rep came to the house to do the paperwork and he explained it all. I got the whole tub and the entire shower but it took too long before it was installed. We did the paperwork in November and he said it was going to be done the week before Christmas but we didn’t hear from anybody. There was no communication as far as the installation was concerned. We got a call from a 1-800 number to set up the installation date but they didn’t do the job until January so, it was a long process. I’m disappointed with that and if I had known it was going to take that long, I would not have gone with Bath Fitter. Also, we dropped a shampoo bottle and there was a scratch on it. I thought that wouldn’t happen. But the installer was good. He was a very nice guy and he did the job.

Original review: May 2, 2018

Josh was very responsible, tidy, and polite. He cleaned as he went and was very happy to answer any questions I had, even if they were dumb ones. The job was perfect in every way from the salesperson Rick **, the office help when I rescheduled a couple of times and then Josh who installed the tub. The whole experience was wonderful. Thank you very much.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Connie, thank you so much for sharing! We’re thrilled that you had a great experience and that our team at Salt Lake City went above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction. We really appreciate the call-out and will make sure that Josh, Rick and the team receive the recognition they deserve. Thanks again for your business!

Original review: May 2, 2018

We purchased a tub enclosure right before Thanksgiving and Bath Fitter did a nice job. Their advertisement works well and we chose them for the guarantee. The sales representative came and told us how much it would cost. He did a pretty good job. The thing though was that once he left, we couldn't get him back. We couldn't call him and there was not an easy access to that salesperson. That aside, I like the person who installed our product. He was a good guy and we're pleased with our product.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Dave, thank you so much for the 5-star review! Our team prides itself on delivering an outstanding product that will delight you and your family for years to come. We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience and we are thrilled to hear that you are pleased with your new Bath Fitter unit. Thanks again for your business!

Original review: May 2, 2018

I needed something done with my bathtub and some friends have had Bath Fitter and they recommended them. The sales rep was very good. He was very honest that he wouldn't say things that I didn't really need. Also, he wasn't pushy selling additional items so I was very pleased with that. I got the walk-in shower installed January 10th. The installers were very thorough. It was supposed to take two days, but there was a blizzard forecast for the next day. They came early and by 3 o'clock, they had it all done. I'm very pleased that I did it with Bath Fitter. It was a little on the expensive side, but it was worth it and I enjoy it very much. I'd suggest my friends to contact them and have a representative talk with them.

Bath Fitter response

Hi William, thank you so much for your great review! We’re thrilled that you had a great experience and that our team went above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction. We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your remodel and are beyond happy that you love your new Bath Fitter walk-in shower. Thanks again for your business!

Original review: May 1, 2018

Mark encountered some unanticipated problems and took it all in stride. He didn't quit until it was done. He answered our questions thoroughly and we now have an amazing looking shower done in one day. Customer service from the receptionist, salesman and installer was polite and friendly. We are very pleased with the results.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Karen, thank you so much for sharing your experience! Our team prides itself on delivering an outstanding product that will delight you and your family for years to come. We really appreciate the call-out and will make sure that Mark and the team over at Salt Lake City receive the recognition they deserve. Thanks again for your business!

Original review: May 1, 2018

Our friends had their bathroom done by Bath Fitter and they told us they had a very good experience when we asked them about it. We didn't want to replace our cast iron bathtub and we only wanted to get the overlay. We talked about maybe getting it painted like some people do, but we found out that was not the way to go when we researched it. We wanted to have a new tub and so we purchased from Bath Fitter. The sales rep was very upfront yet very helpful and polite. No punch was pulled and we didn’t feel like he was snowing us. Then the installation was excellent. The only thing that I’m disappointed upon is that we referred a friend and we gave the name of our friend as a referral when we went ahead with them. Our friend was supposed to get something but she never did. Other than that, we were very pleased with Bath Fitter.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Jane, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us a 5-star review! We are thrilled to hear that you chose Bath Fitter for your bathroom remodel and that you had a great experience with our sales & installation team. Your complete satisfaction is important to us and we'd love the opportunity to address the refferal situation to make it right! We hope you enjoy your new Bath Fitter unit and thanks again for your business!

Bath Fitter expert review by Joseph Truini

Bath Fitter was founded in 1984 in Montreal. It focuses on easy-to-install custom bathtub and shower liners for homes. This bathroom remodeling company has hundreds of locations across the United States and Canada.

• Acrylic bathtub liners: Bath Fitter sells and installs durable acrylic liners that fit precisely over existing bathtubs and showers. With this approach, consumers eliminate the expense and mess of tearing out the tub or shower enclosure.

• Easy installation: The installation process is quick since the bathtub and shower don’t have to be removed. The company can also convert a combination tub/shower into a spacious shower-only unit.

• In-home consultations: Experienced bath-remodeling contractors meet with consumers to inspect the existing tub or shower and explain how the Bath Fitter solution works.

• Customized solutions: Bath Fitter customizes solutions for its customers so their selection fits their existing bathroom perfectly.

• Matching accessories: Bath Fitter has bathroom hardware and fixtures designed to perfectly match their bathroom liners. Consumers can choose from a wide range of faucets, shower rods, towel holders and other bathroom accessories complement the custom liners.

• Best for: Bath Fitter is best for homeowners, landlords and real estate investors who want to improve the look and performance of their bathrooms.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini

Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Bath Fitter Company Information