Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Hi Monica,

Thank you so much for writing about your positive experience! We're so happy to hear that it still looks like new 20 years later--however if there ever was an issue, our lifetime warranty provides lifelong satisfaction! Thanks again for sharing your story and the kind words about our professional and efficient staff. We hope that you share photos on our Facebook page!

-The Bath Fitter team

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

Best experience with Bath Fitter-professional, on time, hard working, clean after job was done. Both bathrooms now look great and clean. We used Bath fitter 20 years ago at another property and it's still holding up. A little pricey but cheaper than a total bathroom redo!

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you so much for writing. We are so happy that you are thrilled with our work, especially since customer service and customer satisfaction are our main proiorities. Thanks for your kind words regarding our knowledgeable and patient staff--our effiencient installers can complete the job in as little as one day! Thanks again for taking the time to write about your positive experience!

-The Bath Fitter team

Original review: Oct. 25, 2016

When we realized that we needed to get our mother a walk-in shower, I went on the website for Bath Fitter. I saw their number and made the call. The sales representative was very good, very personable, knowledgeable and gave a very nice presentation. We enjoyed him. He was not high-pressured at all. The installation man told us that it could possibly take two days. So we took my mother to our house in Pennsylvania. Then they called and said it was already done in one day. But we didn't want to turn around and drive her back the very next day as she's 93 years old. My brother went up and saw it before we did. He called us and said it looks beautiful. When we walked in, it was spotless. We felt very comfortable with the whole process. They made it very easy for us and gave us choices. My mother is thrilled with it.

Hi Jacqueline,

Wow, thank you for your positive review! We are so happy to hear that you love your new tub and we appreciate you taking the time to detail your wonderful experience. We hope you share photos of the final product on our Facebook page, @OfficialBathFitter, so that everyone can see the beautiful new tub! Thanks again.

-The Bath Fitter team

Original review: Oct. 8, 2016

I needed to remodel our bathroom and so I purchased a tub from Bath Fitter back in October. They had the lowest price in the store. The sales rep was very knowledgeable about the product. I was amazed with the installation team. They were in and out and cleaned up after themselves. I have no problems with Bath Fitter and I've been very satisfied.

The tub & shower was a top-notch product and installation was highly professional. The installer had 11 years experience and worked very hard. He explained each step of the installation and he answered all of my questions and was able to get the installation completed in one day. The installation looks great and I am sure it will last for years and years. We are very happy with the purchase.

We recently got a Tub to Shower Conversion from Bath Fitter and it is wonderful. The staff was excellent to work with, the salesman was not pushy and the installer was quick, efficient and professional. Since my stroke getting into my tub to shower was very difficult and dangerous for me, now it is safe and easy. I love it!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

Warranty should be in Christopher ** and not my name. He loves his new shower. Thank you for doing a great job. The person that came to do the job was very polite and gave me information. I will recommend Bath Fitter to anyone that is needing a new bathroom.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Bath Fitter has a lifetime warranty and it's the best thing. I don't have to worry for a long, long time. My brother and my niece from Delaware both have Bath Fitter and they like it and so we finally decided to get our bathroom done with them. It's like we almost have a new bathroom. The sales people were great. They explained everything thoroughly and took their time.

The gentleman that first came over did the measurements. Then the person that came and checked the measurements and the installation, they all worked together. All the materials were exact. Everything just worked out great because they took their time to make sure that their job was completed. The gentlemen who did the installation got here on his time, and it took him like all day. He just kept at it and I never saw him take a break. Just coming down to get materials and going back up to the bathroom. He left 9:30 and he just wanted to make sure everything was fine.

Then he went over with us and now we're putting new rug down, so he's going to come back. When we're finished with tile he's going to finish caulking it. He told us just to let him know when. He says they don't care if it's now or next year. My experience with Bath Fitter was very good. Everybody I interacted with was excellent and they also helped me with the financing. It worked out really good for us. Moreover, the shower curtain they gave us was awesome. We bought them in the past and it lasted a couple of weeks and it's excellent.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got a walk-in shower with glass door from Bath Fitter as my husband was getting to the point where he couldn't go in to the bath tub. I chose them for the time frame and also to the warranty on the product and my experience has been excellent. Every person worked and the areas that they were working remained clean throughout the process. The worker himself was very courteous and did a beautiful job. They are trustworthy and I would not have second thoughts about leaving them in our home by themselves. I was very impressed that we were without water for just an hour and a half. I would recommend them to anyone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Bath Fitter was giving an AARP discount and they had really high reviews on their internet site. I had our tub completely taken out and had a whole new shower put in with the pretend tiles by them. The sales rep and the installer were great. I am extremely pleased with the result and I highly recommend Bath Fitter to anyone.

Great looks and job well done, and he cleaned up after getting done every day. Thank you so much. We are happy with the finish job. Yes we will tell our friends and family what a great job and very pleased with the results.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a Bath Fitter product installed in our house ten years ago. When we recently did a remodel, we thought about talking to a couple of different contractors, but also thought we'd get Bath Fitter in there and listen to the opportunity. My wife really liked the groutless look that Bath Fitter did so we did two bathrooms with them - one shower install and one bath with wainscoting around the bathroom.

The sales reps were fairly good. They weren't real pushy but they got their point across and tried to make the sale that day. I appreciate their time and all in all, it was a pretty good experience with them. The installer was really conscientious. The one drawback that we didn't really appreciate was the fact that the wainscoting pattern didn't match up exactly with the tile pattern in the tub. They did a great job of trying to make it look as best as they could, but there was a point where we almost canceled the wainscoting completely. But the installer did a great job in lining things up, thinking outside the box, and making the remodel satisfactory to my wife and me. Though Bath Fitter is a lot more expensive than some other installs, we have a couple of positives. The work is nice and we like it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We first contacted Bath Fitter at the Bloomsburg Fair. We saw a booth and talked to the gentleman there. My wife had already spoken to people that had positive results and thought Bath Fitter was good. Matt, our sales rep, was wonderful and nice to us. He took his time with us and explained everything. That was a very positive experience and I'm very impressed with him. The installer was also excellent. He did really well and cleaned up. He also answered any questions we had and went over things with us so we knew exactly what he was doing and that was very good also. On our upstairs, he put a tub right over the existing tub. And then downstairs, we had a shower. And there he pretty well tore the walls out and the base and re-did that, then put a new shower in, a door, and the walls going up to the ceiling. I was very pleased with everything and I would recommend Bath Fitter to anyone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went to two other companies, got estimates and the gentleman from Bath Fitter gave me a good price and he seemed really intelligent and knew what he was talking about. I was happy and comfortable with him. The sales rep came in here and broke everything down for me. He got the book guide and showed me everything in the book and what was going to happen. So now we’re a team and whenever he would come in to do work on it, I knew what was going to happen. I had them take the tub out and made it into a walk-in shower. The team that did the installation came in and laid down a carpet first off, so that when they did move anything, they wouldn’t be messing with my carpet. That was really professional. They were nice guys and they did everything they were supposed to do. They did it quickly, too.

Resolution In Progress

Hi Tom,

Thank you for reaching out. Customer service is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback. Your note has been passed directly to our customer care team. We've been told that you have been in touch with your local branch and they are handling the problem. Thank you again for sharing your feedback and we apologize for any inconvenience.

Best,

The Bath Fitter team

Original review: Feb. 10, 2017

I bought this Cindi 3 months ago and the tub is Bath Fitter. I called to ask about someone coming to price putting in a shower door and the response from Stephanie was appalling. She asked about paperwork to prove it was Bath Fitters or the peckish owners' name etc none of which I had. I said "just have someone come out" - that would be good customer experience but she said "we only do shower doors for Bath Fitter customers." I couldn't believe in this business environment, a company refused to send someone to take my money. All I wanted was someone to come and look to confirm it is Bath Fitter - although I told the girl, a plumber AND a contractor told me it was. This was the worst customer experience ever and I'm including the cable companies.

The technician showed up on time and said that he would be done in just a few hours. He was courteous, kept things clean and was friendly. Most importantly, he was on schedule. When my wife returned home for the day, she was immensely pleased with the product and the install. We would recommend purchase of a Bath Fitter product to anyone wishing to upgrade their bath in a heartbeat. Thanks for a good job.

Mr. ** was the installer. He did a great job. He was professional and careful and I love my bathroom. It looks amazing and I couldn't be happier. Mr. **, the salesman, was very nice, as well. Being an interior designer, I have already referred your company to some co workers, close friends and clients. Word of mouth is a powerful tool when working with the public on a regular basis, especially in Interior Design. Good job guys.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’ve seen Bath Fitter's works at the mall for the last few years. I thought it's nice compared to the bathroom that we have where the walls seem to be hollow in the back. At first, we didn't think that Bath Fitter would make a difference. But when we saw the quality, it's much sturdier than the shower that we had. The sales rep was also very good and he was correct that everything about the shower is easy to clean. However, they said they can do it in one day but they didn't. They did it in a day and a half. But overall, the shower is of great quality and the work was good. We liked what the installer did. He was very nice, very thorough, and well-mannered. He was quick and explained how to clean the shower and to wait a week or so before using it. He cleaned up after himself and the bathroom's just the way he found it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had Bath Fitter before at our other house and I liked their workmanship so I decided to work with them again. The sales was very good and thorough. He made us feel very comfortable. I purchased the one piece around the tub, over the tub thing. It goes through the walls and drops into the tub. Jericho, the guy who installed it, was awesome. He kept working and working from 9:30 in the morning until 7:00 at night. They did not disappoint me for the second time and I have no regrets. It was an awesome experience and I would definitely refer them.

Resolution In Progress

Hi Ms. Weston,

Thank you for detailing your experience and providing feedback. We apologize for any inconvenience. We were told that you were completely refunded. Again, we appreciate your message and we are happy that our customer service department was able to successfully solve the situation.

Thanks again,

The Bath Fitter team

Original review: Feb. 8, 2017

I contracted with Bath Fitter (BF) on December 13, 2016. I signed a contract that states the bathroom will be installed in 6-8 weeks. On the 13th of January, I received a voice message on my cell phone from Lisa, the scheduler. Lisa said to call back to make sure the date was okay. She informed me my install will be Feb 1st. Lisa said to call back to make sure the date was okay. I phoned back the next day and spoke to Rachael and told her I needed to confirm my install date. Rachael transferred me to Lisa and I left her a message stating the 1st was perfect. This call is on my cell phone log. I never heard back from Lisa.

About a week later I called BF to make sure we were all on the same page for my install date. Rachael, again, transferred me to Lisa. I informed Rachael that I have left several messages and Lisa has not returned a single message. Rachael said all she can do is "transfer my call." I again left her a message about Feb 1 install. I received no call back again. I proceeded to call back a few more times, each time leaving Lisa a message with no callback.

Finally on Jan 29th, I called and actually spoke to Lisa! Only to be told since she never heard from me. She gave away my Feb 1st install date to someone else. I told her I left her a message on Jan 14th to confirm and had left her several messages since then. She rudely said she never received any messages from me and gave away my install date. She also lied and said she has left me several messages. She was very defensive and harsh. I never received a message from her, only the 1st one on the 13th of January. My cell phone log shows 3 missed calls from BF during the month of January but no messages were left. I informed her it's been almost 8 weeks since I signed my contract and if they can't install by Feb 7th then they are out of contract. She said they only have one installer in the Florida Keys that covers 120 miles of territory, 1 installer!

She could not provide me with an install date. She said maybe within the next 2 weeks but could not be sure and she is the scheduler? She was very rude and unprofessional and lied about my messages. Let's just say for argument sake that she really DID not receive my message, wouldn't a professional company call again considering she only left 1 message on a cell phone? Was that 1 call my only chance to get my bathroom installed on time? I told her if they could not abide by their own contract then I would like my deposit back. As of Feb 7th, the contract is null and void. She said her manager would call me. I never got the call from a manager, I waited 2 days.

I called my sales rep, Pat, he said he spoke to Lisa and she would call me. I received a call from Lisa after waiting 2 more days. We are now out of contract. I called back my sales rep and his only suggestion was to call the "800 number on my contract" and all he said was "sorry for your problems". There is no 800 number on my contract. His name is Pat. I no longer wish to deal with this company. Customer service is terrible and the people are rude. My sales rep was supposed to mail a sample of my wall color and I never received it, I asked him twice.

BF has very poor customer service! Lisa informed me the BF company in Ft Myers does not have enough help in the Florida Keys but they are the only company that has this territory. That is not my problem, hire more help. I was denied my deposit because Lisa said they already made my tub and surrounding walls. Why wouldn't they send an installer from Ft. Myers? The sales rep drives down here all the time to sell the product and collect money. Why can't an installer drive down?

If the company owns the Florida Keys then they should be responsible enough to handle the work orders in a timely manner as stated in the contract. My husband spoke to Lisa the day after her rude phone call with all the lies and she told him she could have the bathroom installed by Feb 15th, that is past my contract date. We have company arriving on the 17th, the 15th is too late and I will never deal with that company again. I will never trust them. Lisa said she will not give me back my deposit. I'm afraid if I have a problem with the install, it will be a nightmare to get customer service. And BF has no employees in my territory. I just want my hard earned money back.

It amazes me to see how a company can treat their customers so unprofessionally considering all the social media at our fingertips. And I will use all the social media I can to warn other innocent consumers out there to beware of BF of FT Myers. Ft Myers "promise" on their website says "they promise to have good values of trust and responsibility." I no longer can trust them to service my bathroom should I have issues in the future and they have very poor values. The promise also states its "mission" is "to have every customer smiling." I'm not smiling. The promise says its "vision" is "to have a great company". It's horrible. Never deal with Ft Myers Bath Fitter especially if you live in the Florida Keys. Read other reviews online. Some are good, a lot are terrible.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I didn't want to remodel my entire bathroom. I only wanted the tub part done and I decided Bath Fitter was the right company. I purchased the tub, the seamless wall and the fixtures. The first gentleman that came out to the house was the salesman. He did some preliminary measurements, and explained everything to us. About two weeks later, a field person came to do additional measurements and then the actual product. The installation gentleman was excellent. We had a brief chat and little recommendations and questions. It's only been a month but so far, the product has been holding up. I'm quite pleased and I highly recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our guest bathroom doesn't get used very often but we wanted to upgrade it. The tiles were starting to chip and peel. Someone else I know had work done by Bath Fitter and was very complimentary. I also checked out ConsumerAffairs website and did some of my own research with Consumer Reports and everybody's feedback was positive. Bath Fitter seemed like the most straightforward and easy solution, and it turned out it was.

We then had them redo our tub and the walls of our bathtub, and put in new fixtures and sliding glass doors. And everybody was wonderful. The guy who came in and did all the dimensions and the guy who did the actual installation both made me aware ahead of time exactly what was gonna take place and provided a lot of detail. They were very professional, courteous, and responsive to all of our questions. They showed up on time every time. I am very satisfied with all the people and the installation itself.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The sales representative was great because he was very friendly, speaks my language and explained everything to us. We purchased a shower surround and I thought everything was surrounded and connected. The only connector that they brought was the two corners at the end so the other seams were connected with the glue. I asked the installer about it and that I thought everything was connected more or less inside, and he explained that sometimes it's not true. I didn't have time to call Bath Fitter and ask for more questions but he said he will come again in three months or whenever I have trouble. He was knowledgeable of what he was doing and was out working all the time. Another thing that is giving me trouble is that we don't have a door but a curtain and the water is coming out. I have to be careful 'cause the curtain is not enough.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We're up in our 70's and we're not able to do anything anymore, so I figured it'd be fine if Bath Fitter could come in and take care of things. The rep was very nice and informative. He was a very nice looking fellow and didn't make a mess. I was in the hospital during the installation of our shower but my sister took care of the business. There was a part they couldn't get in so installation was delayed for so long. But we're using and enjoying the shower now.

Hi Steven,

We really appreciate the time you took to write us a rave review! Customer service is our priority so we are very happy to hear that our team was professional, efficient, and friendly! Thank you so much for recommending us! We hope you share pictures of your beautiful new bathroom on our Facebook page (@OfficialBathFitter) so that our fans can see it for themselves!

Thanks again,

The Bath Fitter team

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

Our Installer was punctual, professional and kind and the entire process was streamlined from start to finish. It is a two day process but you are not inconvenienced and can easily work from home if needed. My wife and I were Quite pleased with results. We would definitely recommend Bath Fitter to our friends and family.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My neighbor, Jack, had a job done by Bath Fitter. After talking to him, I decided to acquire their services to work on the tub and the walls inside the shower. I liked that they had no fees too so I chose them. The sales rep was a very nice lady and has been very good all the way around. She was professional, showed me what I was going to get, how things will go, and made sure everything is measured out the right way. It was explained very well and what they explained is what they delivered. The delivery team was great and the installer was amazing. He even washed the dishes in the sink. They were very clean. I own a few other rental properties that I’m thinking about doing the same thing to. Overall it was a very good experience. I would recommend Bath Fitter to anybody and I would use them again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We're renovating this entire house and the numbers that we got to redo the two bathrooms were astronomical. Then we saw the marketing blitz by Bath Fitter so we called and made an appointment with them. They came in, we found out how much it would cost and decided to go that route. We purchased a tub and surround in one bathroom and a shower stall for the other one. They tore out the old shower stall and made the new one bigger. The bathrooms were done on different days because one of them took a one-day installation while the other was took a two-day installation. We paid for the first one in full and paid the second one within 90 days.

The sales representative was wonderful. He came out, sat down with us and showed us all the products they had. At first we didn't know if they could enlarge the bathroom and when he looked at it, he said they could do it. Then we looked at the various surround and tub designs as well as the faucets. We talked him about what we were looking for and he made some suggestions on things which were welcomed. He was also very informative and helpful with the 90-day payment thing that we did on one of the bathrooms. He did a great job and I would recommend him.

We're very happy with their work. I chose the subway tile surround and my husband took one of the newer surrounds which is a bigger block pattern. I was very jealous when I saw it came in because I wish I'd pick that one. But they're both really nice, including the glass door. We're finishing the renovations and getting ready to do an open house in a few weeks because a lot of our neighbors want to see it. We'll be giving the little cards out that Bath Fitter sent us to our neighbors and we are going to invite our salesperson here when we do that. We're also inviting everybody that worked in the house. That way if the neighbors want to talk about something, they can talk to the people while they're here.

Hi Cesar,

Thank you so much for your positive review and for sharing pictures of the beautiful finished product! Your satisfaction means everything to us and we're happy that you are thrilled with the results--with our lifetime warranty, your Bath Fitter will last years to come! We hope you share those same pictures on our Facebook page (@OfficialBathFitter) so that everyone can see your wonderful remodel.

Thanks,

The Bath Fitter team

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

Your personnel did a fantastic job install walls and fittings plus repair old walls, clean efficient and the repair man's very efficient. We are completed happy about the job. We did wait too many years to decide to do the job and after too many tiles loose and water leaking to the walls we were ready. We are very happy with the results. Thank you very much.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We went to the Bloomsburg Fair and got a little demo from Bath Fitter there. We heard their speech, got some pamphlets, and they showed the materials, warranty, and free estimate. I had all the answers I needed to know and they guaranteed the work. I'm a pretty big guy at 253 so I asked them if it will take the weight because we had a fiberglass tub before and it didn't. They said it's guaranteed 600 pounds and he sold me on it, and financially it was very good that's why I went with it.

Two guys showed up and they were very good and professional. They were very quick and did all that in two days. They cleaned up very well too. I didn't have to do much at all and I was very happy about that. There were no splinters nor nicks on the wall. I was told the step-in shower is going to be nice compared to what I had before but boy, it really turned out nice.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I originally checked with Bath Fitter because I was hoping that they could just throw a bathtub over without having to take the old one I had. However, since I did not have an old type bathtub, they had to start from scratch. I had a salesperson come out. I said I liked the product but I didn't know if I wanted to spend that amount of money. About a week later, they said there was another sales person in the area and would I consider speaking with them again. I spoke to them again and they answered all my questions and gave me some price reductions. Although I still considered their price to be very high, I did agree to it.

A while later, someone came out to measure everything. He was extremely informative and made me feel comfortable that they would do a good job. Then the person who did all the work came and I can't say enough good things about him. He was really nice and professional, and knew what he was doing. Installation took a day and a half because they had to take the tub out and he did it by himself. That night, when he left the first time, he cleaned up everything and there was no mess. He put something down on the floor. I still think the price is high but the quality of what we got is very good compared to other things I've seen just passing through Home Depot and Lowe's.

Hi Joanne,

Thank you so much for the positive review! We're thrilled that you are satisfied with both the process and the final product. With our lifetime warranty, your remodel will last you for a lifetime! Thanks again for writing about your positive experience. We hope you share photos on our Facebook page! (@OfficialBathFitter).

Thanks,

The Bath Fitter team

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

We were interested in turnaround time and future ease of cleaning as well as the look. When we met with the Bath Fitter salesperson, we had a good rapport with him. There was no real savings with someone else and Bath Fitter has what we needed. So we purchased a shower from them in September and it was installed in November. Their sales rep wasn't overly aggressive. He was good, knew his product and put on a good presentation. My interaction with their installer was great too. I've never seen something cleaned up so well. I'm an architect too so I know contractors a little bit. Overall, it was very easy and they're fast and efficient.

Bath Fitter Company Profile