4.32/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Bath Fitter is North America's leading acrylic bathtub, shower enclosure and tub-to-shower conversion company. Our bathtub refinishing products are custom molded to fit over existing fixtures for quick and clean bathroom renovations that last a lifetime. Best of all, we can complete the installation in just one day without compromising quality.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

Bath Fitter Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

We bought a house to fix up and rent in Ocean View, Delaware, which is close to the ocean. The water here is 90% iron and 10% water. So, the tub looked like a dinosaur's teeth. It was yellow and brown. We had to replace it, so we had a contractor come and look and gave us a price, and it was good. And then we said, "Let's do what Bath Fitter says." So, we called Bath Fitter and they gave us a price that was a bit higher, but they promised us that they'd fix any walls behind that were bad that they couldn't see. And the contractor didn't promise that. He said it would be more if there was problems. The Bath Fitter salesman came and he had a bit of a pitch, but he did a good job.

When we signed the contract, their reps said they would be there on a certain day, and they were there. A guy came first to make sure that the salesman measured everything right. And then he said, "Everything's right. This is what it's gonna be." And they had a bit of a problem because the size we needed for some reason wasn't in stock. But it came two days later than they said it would. So, they got in there and took it apart. They found some problems that they needed to fix and they got everything fixed in a timely manner. Everything was good.

When they pulled up the floor, I saw that the dryer for the washer and dryer was on the other side of the wall from the bathroom because the water's right there. Whoever hooked up the dryer just took the pipe that comes out of the box out of the bottom and stuck it down under the floor. I got another piece of the dryer vent pipe and they hooked it up for me. They didn't even charge me anymore. They were under there and just did it, and I was happy with it. The whole thing took three months. Shortly after it was done, we had renters move in. But I have been in there a couple of times because they had another problem. The hose came off the washing machine that dumps the water out. So I had to go there and I looked and saw that it looked good. Everything was still clean. The guy guaranteed absolutely that it would not stain.

We did have a little problem with our water system that we had put in to stop the iron. And there has been no marks at all from the iron water. So we got that fixed too. Everything has been great. It would've been better if it was less money, but it was worth what we got. The guys came when they said they would be, they called, they were courteous, and they put down paper on the floor when they walk in and out. They did a great job and they were totally professional. I've already recommended Bath Fitter and I would continue to recommend them. I had a wonderful experience with them.

Bath Fitter response

Hi William, thank you for your review! We're glad to hear everything was completed to your satisfaction!

Get expert buying tips about Bathroom Remodeling Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

When we decided to have tub to shower conversion, we didn’t know who we were gonna get. So, we went to a home show in Voorhees. There were six or seven companies that do shower work and tub work, and we did go to two of them. We knew the representative who works for one them, but we felt that the money that we would pay for Bath Fitter, based on their reputation and guarantees, would be worth it for us in the long run. We did not wanna spend a lesser amount of money, have the work done, and then have to worry about it. We wanted a quality product that we wouldn’t have to worry about so we decided to go with Bath Fitter.

We filled up the card and they called us, and their sales rep came to our home. We showed him the bathroom, how the tub was there, and he was very observant. He noted how many shampoo bottles and things we had around the tub. So, he knew right away how big of a shelving unit we were gonna need. He did preliminary measurements and he went over the different options thoroughly so we understood it. Our interaction was very nice and relaxed, we didn’t feel rushed, which we really liked. He called the next day to double check with us if we had any further questions. And I like that they did that because sometimes, you don’t think of something when the person’s there. But he was so thorough and gave us such good information that we didn’t have any more questions. We got a coupon at this home show that he was able to put towards our price so that was a nice little added bonus.

Another person came out on our agreed time and double checked the measurements. I wanted to wait a little bit to have the work done, because I was having work done in my kitchen and other work done in my bathroom such as such as new flooring and new walls by a separate contractor that we had. Both Bath Fitters and my contractor agreed that Bath Fitter should do their work last. So, I had to wait to get the work done first. The Bath Fitter rep said, “Bath Fitter is gonna call you and try to set up your appointment, but every month, you just say you wanna wait a month. I wanna wait a month.’” I thought I was gonna wait until September to have it done, but we ended up moving some money around and being able to afford to do it sooner, and the work was done in our bathroom end of July, beginning of August.

I thought there would be a few people, but my bathroom is small so a few people wouldn’t really fit in there to do it. But the one that came the first day did hard work. He was pounding to get everything out of there. And then, the second day, he actually had a helper who came and helped them put in some things. So, it was a two-day work and everything went fine. I really like how they protected my carpeting between the front door and where the bathroom is. They laid the tarp cloth down and made sure that we wouldn’t trip on them. Throughout the whole process, the installers, the salesman and the measurement guy made the appointment and showed up when they were supposed to show up. They worked hard and it was all done.

They have in writing that we can only use certain products on the surface and they were very explicit to make sure of that, otherwise, we might ruin the surface. So, I read through it and I picked one of the products. But it has bleach in it and it bothers me with my lungs to use that product. They’re fine, but I don’t like using that stuff. I’m gonna have to go back to the literature and look at the other products on the list. That was my only issue but that’s my fault. It’s just awful, that bleach smell even with the windows open. Bath Fitter is an expensive product, but I figured we deserved it.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Ellen, thank you for sharing your experience! We are so glad to hear everything was completed to your satisfaction! Thank you for your business.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

Bath Fitter did our bathroom 10 years ago. I used them again when I wanted my other bathroom done in one day. This time, we ended up having them tear the tub out and we had a full shower put in. Everything was pretty well standard with what we picked out. The sales rep was really good. He showed us all the different colors that we could get the wall in and the designs. I wanted the marble look because I wanted it to go with the counters that we were putting in. We tore out the whole bathroom and we had it all done before they put in the shower. All they did was put in the shower and they caulked all around where the tub met the floor. It came out very nicely and I'm very happy with it. I like that the shower is big.

I would and have recommended Bath Fitter to people. I was shocked that they got the tub out of there. Only one man did that. I have a two-story house and the guy had no problem making it down my steps. He cleaned up after themselves well and I was just really impressed. They did a nice job which I knew they would because they did a nice job the first time.

There was another thing that I liked. I had called Bath Fitter to come out and recaulk my other bathroom that they had done. They came back two or three times and recaulked it because it looked bad and it started making it look old. The guy was so nice. I told him about the side peelings on the walls of the glass that they put. I didn't know why the paint started peeling off but it looked terrible. I have slider doors on the bathtub so you still have to step in to get into the bathtub. I asked the guy if there was any way that I could have them replaced. I was gonna pay for it and everything.

He told me that everything was under warranty and that was a shock to me. I was so impressed that their warranty is a lifetime one. He let me pick stuff out. He said they don't make the doors anymore but they would totally replace them. I got him to match my other bathroom. The brushed nickel is what they both are now. Before, they were white and the paint was peeling off.

I also told the guy that the paint had all worn off on my faucets and he said that was under my warranty too. He added they would replace my faucets. I got him to match both bathrooms. It was just so nice that they did that. They changed the showerhead and everything. The showerheads and the faucets are all the same, even though I got the full glass doors in the walk-in shower. The guy told me too that if the glass would ping or anything like that, they would replace the glass doors. No questions asked.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience Dorothy! We are so glad to hear Bath Fitter was able to ensure your satisfaction once again!!

Original review: April 17, 2019

I wanted a tub enclosure and I didn't need to get the whole bathroom done. I kinda knew what the parameters were price-wise. Bath Fitter fit perfectly within what I needed. We did this in December and they said it was gonna be a couple of months. They would call me when it was gonna be due. A couple of months went by and nobody called so I called Bath Fitter and asked them when they were gonna do it. It turned out to be longer than what I expected. But that was fine. They told me one of their installers had gotten hurt and they could not get to me until the end of the month.

But I got a call from the scheduler and it was over a month before they were gonna be able to get it done. She asked if it was okay if they came the next day. I cursed at the lady and was like, "What the hell are you all doing? Why can't we get on the same page with this thing?" One thing led to another, we had a falling out, and I hung up on her. But she called me back and I apologized to her. I got that straightened out with her. It was a misunderstanding. She caught me at a bad time and I caught her at a bad time. She was very professional.

But the same can't be said during the installation. I talked to a supervisor and at the time I told him that I have a shower curtain and a toilet seat that I needed to get put on. He told me that was not in the contract. I asked if I could still have them put it on. He said that I had to give them a couple of dollars and they would put it on there for me. But when their guy came in, he didn't wanna do it and that just left a bad taste in my mouth. He kept telling me that he would get in trouble if he did what I asked. I told him I talked to his supervisor but he still wouldn't do it.

When you get to be a senior citizen, you just want people to be straight with you. I was spending my money and Bath Fitter got $2,000 from me. They should try to show me a little respect. That was all I was asking for. Other than that, the guy really did a great job at what he did and he did the whole job by himself. I'm still satisfied. I have a cousin who is a plumber and I was gonna have him do what I asked regarding the toilet seat. As a matter of fact, that toilet seat is still sitting up there now.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Charles, thank you for your review. We're glad to hear you are ultimately satisfied with the work. We will make sure to pass your feedback along to our branch. Thank you!

Original review: March 14, 2019

I used Bath Fitter on a previous bathroom so I knew about them. I like their product and I had them put in a tub liner. I didn't want the full enclosure. I had one before and it needed some service. I like the service so I went ahead and got another one. But the process was interesting. The first guy came out and told me that the tiles were not good enough for them to put the liner in. They would tear off the tile and they'll put in our tub liner. I said I was not interested in tub liners so that didn't work. He didn't follow up through all of that once I said I wasn't interested in tub enclosure. The first guy shouldn't have been so insistent on trying to sell me the tub enclosure. I told him that if the tiles were bad, I would replace them. It was an apartment that I rent out, and it was vacant so there really was no emergency about this thing.

I went and had all the tiles replaced. I then called Bath Fitter back and they sent out a different salesman. He checked the tiles too and said that they were strong enough. They took measurements and they ran through. I gave them the deposit and I didn't hear back from them for a very long time. That kinda irked me. I'd used them before and it was a shorter callback time. I don't know what happened to my order. Finally, someone came out, did some more measurements then a couple of weeks later, they came out and installed the thingliner. The installers came and I expected them to be done quickly. They showed up on time early in the morning, did their thing then called me later in the day for the percentage. I went over and looked at it. Their guy gave me the instructions not to mess with it for a couple of days. He also told me the cleaning instructions about what to use and what not to use on the surface. That all went smoothly.

But it could have been quicker as it stretched out over a number of months. It could also have been a little bit friendlier. But we got the job done. I liked the product and I'd use bath Fitter again. But I'd tell others to know what you need before they get there. You probably wanna do that with any home improvement-type salesperson. With bath Fitter, as long as you get through the sales process, the installation is fine. If you are dealing with Bath Fitter, they do get it done once they rip out what they're going to rip out. They just replace it. Once they do that, it's good. I was satisfied.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Peter, thank you for your review! We are glad to hear our team was ultimately able to ensure your satisfaction. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for your business!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

Our Bath Fitter total experience was excellent. Each and every step was thoroughly explained by top notch customer service reps. Our sales agent was a true class act. No high pressure sales. The installment was flawless and our shower/bath combo looks beautiful. We are very satisfied.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Todd! We're glad to hear your experience with Bath Fitter was a great one. Thank you for your business!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

I liked how Bath Fitter had a good reputation for quality work. They were a little more expensive but I felt comfortable with the work that I was gonna receive. I purchased a shower from them and the rep whom I worked with was a really straightforward, stand-up kind of guy. He was very amicable and very easy to talk to about the project.

Their installer showed up an hour early. My iPhone is set so that before 8 o’clock it doesn't ring. He apparently tried to call several times because he wanted to get the job started. Still, he was a good guy and he did the whole job in one day. I had a full tub-to-shower conversion with nice opaque shower doors. Thus far, my purchase has been great. I think Bath Fitter still a little high in terms of their price but they did good work.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Gregory, thank you for your review! We're glad to hear everything was completed to your satisfaction!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

It’s been going on for a while, my shower sprung a leak upstairs. Had them out to see the damage. Floors bubbled up, walls are open black mold and I can’t even get them to do anything. The general manager come out. He tried to come with stories about how it could have happened offered to have a leak detection company come out on his dime. 3 months later still nothing. I called today. They will have to call me back. Randy

Bath Fitter response

Hi Randy, we are sorry to hear you have been experiencing issues with your shower. So we can best assist and provide you with options, please contact our team at 858-201-6997. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

I put Bath Fitter in another house I had about eight years ago. I purchased from them again and I had a very good interaction with their rep. And in both places, I did a full shower. The installation was excellent. This one went all the way to the ceiling and I mentioned to the gentleman that I wish I’d have done that at the others. And he called his boss, and they came down and extended my shower surround without charging me. I’d recommend them to anybody I can think of. I find it an excellent deal. A lot of people tell me, “Well, it’s awful expensive.” And I say, “Wait till you have to make eight trips to the hardware store looking for something.”

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience Robert! We are so glad to hear our team was able to go above and beyond to complete everything to your satisfaction!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

I always heard Bath Fitter's advertisements of, "Oh, we put a bathtub right over." I didn't really think that I was going to have the option to get it because I didn't have a tub. I only had a shower. So, as I was passing through a flea market in New Jersey, I was admiring a tub that was on display. I said, "I don't have a tub." The person said, "They could do the other work too." I would've never known that because the commercials always say put a tub on a tub. So, this guy gave me a card and I gave him my cellphone number just to say, "Okay. Let's see if they would call." And they did. And then, I had a representative come to my home and I liked her. She was extremely thorough, so we signed up.

The installers put a tub and a shower in. They removed a closet as well as the existing shower I had in there to put in the tub. I had tile in there, so they removed part of tiling that was gonna go around the tub. They even spackled the walls where they removed the closet and they did good. I was shocked. We made the purchase in August and it was completed in September. I love the quality of the tub. It's even more beautiful with the floor and paint job and new cabinetry. Everything went great.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for sharing your experience Christie! We are glad to hear our team was able to answer all your question and provide you with the perfect options for your project!

Bath Fitter expert review by Joseph Truini

Bath Fitter was founded in 1984 in Montreal. It focuses on easy-to-install custom bathtub and shower liners for homes. This bathroom remodeling company has hundreds of locations across the United States and Canada.

• Acrylic bathtub liners: Bath Fitter sells and installs durable acrylic liners that fit precisely over existing bathtubs and showers. With this approach, consumers eliminate the expense and mess of tearing out the tub or shower enclosure.

• Easy installation: The installation process is quick since the bathtub and shower don’t have to be removed. The company can also convert a combination tub/shower into a spacious shower-only unit.

• In-home consultations: Experienced bath-remodeling contractors meet with consumers to inspect the existing tub or shower and explain how the Bath Fitter solution works.

• Customized solutions: Bath Fitter customizes solutions for its customers so their selection fits their existing bathroom perfectly.

• Matching accessories: Bath Fitter has bathroom hardware and fixtures designed to perfectly match their bathroom liners. Consumers can choose from a wide range of faucets, shower rods, towel holders and other bathroom accessories complement the custom liners.

• Best for: Bath Fitter is best for homeowners, landlords and real estate investors who want to improve the look and performance of their bathrooms.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Bath Fitter Company Information