Consumer Reviews and Complaints

• 4 stars43
  • 3 stars23
  • 2 stars12
  • 1 stars39

Bath Fitter is North America's leading acrylic bathtub, shower enclosure and tub-to-shower conversion company. Our bathtub refinishing products are custom molded to fit over existing fixtures for quick and clean bathroom renovations that last a lifetime. Best of all, we can complete the installation in just one day without compromising quality.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I did another bath remodeled in the house and then I thought I wouldn’t go quite as extensive, so I just thought perhaps Bath Fitter might fit the bill for our bathroom upstairs. I never even considered another remodeling company. Bath Fitter has a good reputation. We ended up purchasing a tub and a shower from them and the quality was absolutely perfect. I had a lot of fun with the sales rep. I worked him to death. He went out of here crying but he had a good time too. He was a character and I’m just as much as a character as he was. The installation team was very professional, friendly, diligent and skilled. They answered any questions that I had. My wife and I were both overwhelmed with the end result. It was better than we expected.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were having a water problem as far as one of the fixtures was causing a lot of moisture and I couldn’t seem to repair it myself. Bath Fitter has a good price and the financing works, so we went with them and got a shower and fixtures Their rep was very helpful and informative. There was a wall already glued in the shower area and some of the glue was on the bathtub that we were keeping and he really went out of his way to clean it up for us. We accomplished what we went out for with Bath Fitter and the moisture problem is gone, so we're really happy about that.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had an old tub and my 91-year-old father who lives with me couldn’t get in and out of it so I had it removed and had a shower put in. I chose Bath Fitter because I've always heard great reviews about them. Their sales rep was great and very knowledgeable of the product. He was the one who suggested that we take the tub out and put the shower in. The installer was great as well. I love my new shower. When people come in and look at it, I always tell them it's Bath Fitter and if ever they'd get a bathroom remodel, I always tell them to call Bath Fitter because they're the best.

Our experience started in BJ's where a Bath Fitter employee offered us a coupon for a percentage off a redo. Since we had been discussing that very thing, we took it and gave info to the very nice gentleman who started us out. The salesman who came to the house was equally nice, not pushy at all, and very helpful. Finally the installer could not have been nicer or more helpful. He included us on every step of the way. So I can say that from start to finish it was a great experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Had my showed installed last March. It's my first Bath Fitter remodel and I'm very pleased with it. The sales rep who came over has been very nice.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

Hi there,

Thanks so much for writing and letting us know about this. We apologize for any inconveniences you might be facing and want to make sure that your situation is addressed promptly and properly. We have sent your information to the corporate customer care team and someone should be in touch soon. Feel free to follow up with us!

Thanks again!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2016

I purchased a Tub, Walls, Faucet and Glass enclosure from Bath Fitter. One the sales person seem very nice but never gave me a breakdown on what I purchased even though he did show me the time of ordering. So when I had a question about pricing I didn't have anything. Then after getting product installed and I was actually very happy with it, some of the corking wasn't completed. I didn't notice right away but I sent 2 emails to Customer Service... And till today NO one has contacted me at all. I guess they have NO PRIDE or care if their Customers are Satisfied with the PRODUCT. The Installer was very informative and efficient but the Quality of work is Questionable. Be careful and make sure if you deal with this Bath Fitter you get an itemized bill and that you look over ALL of the work done.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We tried to call Re-Bath and nobody would answer the phone. So we called Bath Fitter, they answered the phone and they said they would be right out the next day. The salesman that came to our home was very nice, professional and answered all our questions. He explained everything, showed us the book and different products. We purchased the bathtub and the surround shower walls. And he told us normally they're ready in six weeks. If we weren't ready, we could just tell them and they could fit it in whenever we were ready.

And then the lady that did the scheduling called and left a message that they had our schedule for a certain date without asking us. She just went ahead and scheduled it without us even knowing it. So then we had to call her and tell her we're not ready. We want it at a certain week and she said she doesn’t know if they can do it then. She said she'll call us back. She never did and I had to call her twice. It was two or three days and we finally got a hold of her. It took like two weeks to finally get a date that works. Other than that, the experience was great. The installers came and did it the day that we scheduled it for. They put it in one day and they were very friendly and professional. Bath Fitter was well worth the money.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My handicapped sister needed a shower where she can just walk in and didn't have to step up. Back here where we live it's hard to find people to do anything but when we saw Bath Fitter, we figured we could get the bathroom remodel done and wouldn't have to worry about it. I did most searching on the internet so when their sales rep got here, he already knew what I wanted. He was really nice but the other one who did the measurements had an attitude. The installer, meanwhile, did an awesome job, never made a mess and whatever he had he took it out. My experience has been great and I would recommend Bath Fitter for people that really need it.

The service representative was on time and totally prepared for the job he was contracted to perform. He was very professional, worked neatly and quickly. We are completely satisfied with his work and are enjoying using and showing off our new shower. Your employee was very pleasant and knowledgeable of the product and very informative in its continued care and cleaning.

We were so very pleased with the gentleman who installed our shower. He was very thorough, quiet, and always cleaned when he left at night. He kept us informed as to what he was doing at all times. We were very impressed with him and would recommend him and this company. We are so very pleased with our new shower.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had to keep caulking around the tub, and it was falling apart and drying out. It was horrible so it was time to remodel it. When the Bath Fitter salesman came out to talk to us, he was very knowledgeable and good. Then when the gentleman came out to do the installation, everything went like clockwork. Everybody that I talked to was fantastic. They took out our tub and put in a low side shower for us with the sliding doors. The whole process was very easy. The shower leaks a little bit between the sliding glass doors and the base, but other than that, we’ve been satisfied.

Was a very pleasant experience. The people I dealt with from sales rep to installer were very courteous, and answered all questions. Explained cleaning instructions plainly. Very conscientious of floors, walls, and doors. The installer cleaned up all messes he made during installation; I had very little to do afterward except enjoy my new tub/shower combination.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We like Bath Fitter and we're extremely happy with them. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend them and we'd use them again. The salesman took his time with us. He came out to the house, looked at everything and measured. We kept changing our mind while he was here but he was a real nice guy. We finally made a decision and got everything we wanted. We got the bathtub with the dome on top of it, the doors, all the hardware and the surround thing going around the bathtub. The installer was also nice, very courteous and cleaned up after himself. He apologized because it took him two days instead of one day but we said it's all right because we have another bathroom. He did a wonderful and professional job.

Everyone from the salesperson to the installation did an excellent job - keeping us updated every step of the way. No hidden costs. Very happy with our new shower.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I purchased a tub from Bath Fitter last June. It was an easy purchase and it was a quality product. The sales rep was wonderful. I even bought a sample of the product so that I could compare it to what I've seen at Lowe’s. The installer was very friendly and very thorough at cleaning up and making sure I was pleased with everything before he left. I would highly recommend them to anybody.

Sean was a great salesman. He was the reason we decided to go with Bath Fitter. Luke did an excellent job on the installation. We are very happy with the results but it is a bit expensive.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

With the bathroom setup I had, I had to remove the surround top and walls and take part of the hall wall out to change my tub out. Rather than go to that much trouble and expense, I used Bath Fitter. The installers were professional and the job they did was very neat and clean. When they left, everything that they did and used was cleaned up after. Before they came in the house, they put matting in front of themselves across the living room and into the bathroom. They covered things up and took care of things real well. The sales rep just checked to make sure everything was okay and left their phone number to call but I've had no problems at all. I'm extremely pleased with it and if I had to again, I wouldn’t hesitate to use them. They did a great job for me and the product we got is a good product as well.

We had an excellent experience from beginning to end. The salesman, that came to our condo, was very helpful and kind. We got both bathrooms done and it only took 2 Days. JUST like they promised. The installer was professional and clean. I would highly recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We really had a wonderful experience with Bath Fitter. They were efficient and did a great job. My mom’s getting older and her tub just looked terrible but Bath Fitter made the bathroom look better. We still have a lot of painting and it's a little overpriced but it was a plus. Bath Fitter added handles and shower part that can be attached to the wall. We can take the shower and spray her off after we soap her up. We also got the surround, tub, and a seat that she sits in there.

We are just glad that we have it because, before, trying to get her into the tub and out of the tub was really rough. It so much easier now for the both of us to bathe her. We initially had looked at different ones. We thought that it was what we were looking for and they could do what we needed to be done. The sales reps were real good, from the person who put it in, to the people who came out to talk to us. Everybody was professional and did a great job.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We picked up one of Bath Fitter's cards when we went to a home expo because we were remodeling our house and we're looking for something where we wouldn’t have to tear a wall out to get a bathtub. So we had Bath Fitter come look and give us an estimate. They showed us a brochure of different kinds and we liked what they've shown. We decided to go with them and we're happy with it. There was only one guy who did the job. He put pads down so he wouldn’t scratch the floor and he cleaned up after himself. He was nice and a real worker. We had a good experience with him. I love my bathtub. We've recommended Bath Fitter to friends and neighbors.

I can say I am more than pleased with the new baths we have had Bath Fitter install! The work was done professional and in required time! The guys who did the installation were absolutely wonderful and explained the job before and the care that needs to be done after they were finished. I recommend that if you need or are looking into a new way to take away any ugliness in your bathrooms, Bath Fitter are who you need to call on! Oh and what more can you ask for? A LIFETIME GUARANTEE, and that's what you get from this company! I am installing a new floor and after I am finished they are coming back for free to reseal the floor! Amazing!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We got a shower from Bath Fitter in March and we are very happy with it. The guy who came to the house after we saw the display at the civic center was very nice. He was very good at explaining things.

I recently had a tub/shower and 2 shower stalls refitted by Capital Bath Fitter. The final products were excellent and completed at a very fair cost. However, two of the three different installers were difficult to work with. In 2 of the installations, a detail specialist (Matt **) came to my home to correct a problem left by the installers. The schedule coordinator "Autumn **" was a pleasure to work with. The time from contract signing with the sales representative to installation "8-10 weeks" seemed to be excessive, but that was clearly stated in the contract.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The sales reps were very polite and informational. Everything is working out great and I'm loving my tub and shower. I would definitely recommend Bath Fitter.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We love our bathroom done by Bath Fitter. Everything was wonderful - all the people were nice and everything was done the way we wanted it. And they got it done in one day. We're really enjoying our bathroom. We've already recommended them to friends.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My other bathroom was old and we were wanting to have it remodelled but I wanted to make sure that I had money to do it. I got the shower recovered by Bath Fitter because I like their work and what they were offering, and, overall, I love its quality. The sales rep was very nice and respectful. I would recommend him and Bath Fitter.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had to have a custom made shower and Bath Fitter was the only one that I could think of in this area. I didn’t know of an individual who could do it, so I called them. The installer was great. He was diligent about his work and he was very polite, easily approachable and answered any questions that I had. All in all, I was very pleased with my experience with them. I also liked the fact that they got it done in one day and didn’t drag it out.

Shower floor redo after leaks developed. Very satisfied with the result. Their technician, Diaz ** was very professional and attended to all details to make sure that the same problem does not occur again. Also love their lifetime warranty. Will recommend this company to everybody.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had a very good experience with Bath Fitter which I got for our remodeling because it would be done in a day. They answered everything and were very professional.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

A friend of my daughter told me about Bath Fitter. She was happy with it so I went with them and had their shower and the tub. There was one guy who came for the installation and he was nice. There's a rubber band tied around the head of the shower though, and I don't understand why it's there. Other than that, I'm happy with my purchase so far.

Bath Fitter Company Profile