Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Hi Monica,

Thank you so much for writing about your positive experience! We're so happy to hear that it still looks like new 20 years later--however if there ever was an issue, our lifetime warranty provides lifelong satisfaction! Thanks again for sharing your story and the kind words about our professional and efficient staff. We hope that you share photos on our Facebook page!

-The Bath Fitter team

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

Best experience with Bath Fitter-professional, on time, hard working, clean after job was done. Both bathrooms now look great and clean. We used Bath fitter 20 years ago at another property and it's still holding up. A little pricey but cheaper than a total bathroom redo!

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you so much for writing. We are so happy that you are thrilled with our work, especially since customer service and customer satisfaction are our main proiorities. Thanks for your kind words regarding our knowledgeable and patient staff--our effiencient installers can complete the job in as little as one day! Thanks again for taking the time to write about your positive experience!

-The Bath Fitter team

Original review: Oct. 25, 2016

When we realized that we needed to get our mother a walk-in shower, I went on the website for Bath Fitter. I saw their number and made the call. The sales representative was very good, very personable, knowledgeable and gave a very nice presentation. We enjoyed him. He was not high-pressured at all. The installation man told us that it could possibly take two days. So we took my mother to our house in Pennsylvania. Then they called and said it was already done in one day. But we didn't want to turn around and drive her back the very next day as she's 93 years old. My brother went up and saw it before we did. He called us and said it looks beautiful. When we walked in, it was spotless. We felt very comfortable with the whole process. They made it very easy for us and gave us choices. My mother is thrilled with it.

Hi Jacqueline,

Wow, thank you for your positive review! We are so happy to hear that you love your new tub and we appreciate you taking the time to detail your wonderful experience. We hope you share photos of the final product on our Facebook page, @OfficialBathFitter, so that everyone can see the beautiful new tub! Thanks again.

-The Bath Fitter team

Original review: Oct. 8, 2016

I needed to remodel our bathroom and so I purchased a tub from Bath Fitter back in October. They had the lowest price in the store. The sales rep was very knowledgeable about the product. I was amazed with the installation team. They were in and out and cleaned up after themselves. I have no problems with Bath Fitter and I've been very satisfied.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I ran into Bath Fitter and I didn't think I was going to be interested in them because I didn't think that I wanted a liner over my tub. But we thought we'd at least see what they have to say. Once I had a salesman come to the house and told us that’s not what they would be doing and told me exactly what they would be doing which was to put a whole new tub in, we decided we’re going to do it. I was extremely pleased with the salesman who's probably one of the most knowledgeable salespersons I've ever dealt with. I was also extremely pleased with the installer who did everything exactly like the salesman said he would. If he could have done our whole bathroom, I would have gladly hired him to do it the whole nine yards because he was outstanding. It was a positive experience with Bath Fitter and we’re pleased with everything.

We cannot thank everyone at Bath Fitter enough for the great experience ever. Del our sales rep to the guys who measured and fit our tub and especially SAM our installer who went above and beyond and made our bathroom beautiful and in only one day as promised. Sam was prompt and very nice and professional.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Both of my daughters had used Bath Fitter, and they are very pleased. I saw what they did with our daughters' places and went on with their recommendation. In fact, one of them was supposed to get a perk because she referred me. We then purchased the tub with the shower. We could either use it for the tub or a shower. Also, I did the enclosure and they put in a safety bar and a shower curtain bar. It's a small area that it can't even take a full-length shower bar, but it serves the purpose. They finished it a couple of weeks ago.

I had just one situation with the water pressure coming out of the showerhead. The water is not strong enough for the shower and to coin the men’s phrase, I could pee better than the water coming out of the showerhead. We're having stuff done in the house and we're not able to use the second-floor bathroom. My husband said, "I'm gonna try the third floor." The thing is, there is a water saver on these heads, and the guy who installed it didn't take it off. We're not supposed to but all the plumbers around here do it because the pressure is so bad. So, my husband said, "What do you think we should do?" I said, "Well, we'll see what happens and then you call." Other than that, I love the bathtub. I love everything about it. It was a neat job. Also, the sales reps and install team were great. The install team were on time and they were there all day. Our experience has all been positive.

Hi Sandra,

Thank you so much for your 5-star review. We really appreciate the time you took to tell us about your Bath Fitter experience and know that with our lifetime warranty, you will love your Bath Fitter for life! Thanks again and don't hesitate to reach out with questions.

Original review: March 17, 2017

I had an old iron tub and I knew it couldn’t be taken out of the bathroom. It had to be something that went over and so I used Bath Fitter to remodel. The sales representative was very helpful and the installer did a nice job.

Hi Andy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review and we couldn't be more thrilled that you had such a successful installation! We're so happy that our crew was professional, efficient, and so friendly--we are so proud of our Bath Fitter team! Thank you again for your positive review and for recommending us to your friends.

Original review: March 16, 2017

All of the sales representatives were unbelievably excellent. They're almost like your next door neighbor, they were very warm and friendly. The installer was very personable. He did his job professionally and cleaned up very well. When he left, you couldn't even tell that anybody was here, other than looking the difference in my bathroom. Everything was done in one day and all went real smooth from beginning to the end. It was a pleasant experience and we've recommended Bath Fitter to friends.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a cousin that used Bath Fitter years ago and it always stayed in my mind because of how beautiful her bathroom worked when it was done. So, when my mother needed work and she didn't want her upstairs torn up for weeks, I thought of Bath Fitter and it was a great experience. Everybody at Bath Fitter, from beginning to end was amazing and the bathroom looks fantastic.

We had two men come the very first night. They explained everything and didn't leave anything out. They weren't pushy, showed my mother all kinds of different options that she could choose from and they were very patient with her. From then on, we had a man come out. He had to come twice to measure the tub because it was an odd-fitting tub. They didn't rush to order anything. They had to make sure that what they were going to order would fit. On the day of the installation, the man came and he got to work he was done by the middle of the afternoon. He cleaned up after himself. My mother didn't have to do anything. Then the next day, the young salesman had come over to check out the work and asked us what we thought about it. I would recommend Bath Fitter to anybody because it was a wonderful experience and they had very nice, helpful and patient people.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My wife was in an accident, had triple compound fractures on her tibia and fibula on her left side, and a broken left shoulder. We could no longer stay with the normal tub situation that we had. It just wasn't going to work for us anymore. We needed something done fairly quickly. She wasn't recovering the way we had with the bone settlement, and Bath Fitter was fast. They came out and the salesman was thorough. He addressed our concerns, we were given a date, and the date was good for us. They gave us a number and it was cheaper than my private contractor, so that's what we did.

We bought a shower and the reps that worked with us were good. The first guy that came hurt his back and had to call somebody in to help him out, but he kept trying to work even when he was hurt. He had another guy there the next day and they were done on time, so it worked out for us. It's only been a month, but we like the product. It makes my wife feel safer. I would recommend Bath Fitter.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We love our Bath Fitter bathroom. It's been two years and it's still spotless. We got the shower surround over the tub, but we didn't replace the tub. The installation probably took most of the morning, but it seemed short and it didn't bother us at all. The walls were done, including all the plumbing. The sales rep was wonderful and very helpful. He gave us great advice. We had some other problems in the other bathroom and he said we didn't need a new redo, just fix the part. Once we get our floor redone, they said they’d come back and they would re-seal where the floor is added.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had seen the display that Bath Fitter had at the home and garden show over at Martinsburg Mall, as well as the Apple Blossom Mall of Winchester, and when we had a crack at the bottom of the tub and shower unit that was the original in the house, we gave them a call and went from there. The salesman that initially came to the house happened to be the manager of the store. He was very personable and we got along great. He did the initial measurements and discussed at length with my wife and me. A person came back a bit later to do the final measurements.

We had them bring in a tub unit with walls that went all the way up to the ceiling, put a shower, a new shower arm, a shower head and a bow front shower rod. It took four to six weeks for them to get the unit in, and then they put it in the following week. One of the guys said he would come and get it in one day, because they had to tear the old unit out completely. He said the installation would be done in four and a half hours or so, and it was, so we were very happy with it. Everything worked like clockwork. My wife got home and was pleased with the job. It was great from start to finish. The people I dealt with were knowledgeable, easy to get along with, and they fit the time schedule. I can't ask more than that.

Hi Ellen,

Thank you for your positive review and we appreicate you taking the time to describe your experience. Your feedback is very useful to us and we will make sure to keep that in mind for the future. We're very happy you would recommend us and please reach out with any questions!

Original review: March 9, 2017

I would recommend this product with a couple of caveats. After installation, we were told that you cannot use baking soda or Epsom salt's because it will harm the finish. As this is going to be the only tub in our house I would've taken that under consideration.

Hi Sheree,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a fantastic review! We're so happy that your tub to shower conversion turned out beautifully and that our team was professional, timely, and efficient. We're glad you loved your "first" Bath Fitter remodel and hope it won't be your last! Thanks again.

Original review: March 9, 2017

Bath Fitter seemed to have all the features in the time frame that we were interested in. It was very much needed and just decided to go with it at the time it was offered. Also, we heard good reports about them so we had a tub to shower conversion with them and it was our first Bath Fitter remodel. The sales rep arrived in a timely manner and he informed us that the other guy would be here to go and check the measurements. He did that and he was very generous and kind that they didn't impose and left the door. It was the same way with the installation.

Hi Virgina,

Thank you so much for you kind words! We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your wonderful experience with Bath Fitter. We are thrilled you love your new shower and that you would recommend us to your family and friends! We would love it if you shared pictures of your beautiful remodel on our Facebook page, @OfficialBathFitter! Thanks again.

Original review: March 8, 2017

We decided to replace the tub in the bathroom of our newly purchased condo in New Jersey. We contacted Bath Fitter and they came out, showed us what they had to offer and we decided to go through with it. Each person we've dealt with was efficient and knowledgeable and nice. The installation was done in a day and the work was outstanding. We are very pleased and wouldn't hesitate to recommend this company to anyone considering making a change.

Hi Doris,

Thank you so much for the positive review and for using us not once, but twice, to redo your bathroom! We are so happy we were able to turn your 48-year-old bathroom into a beautiful modern show that is easy for you to support yourself with the additional safety bars. We can't thank you enough for your wonderful note and for recommending us to your friends!

Original review: March 8, 2017

Many years ago, I hired Bath Fitter to do over the whole bathroom I got and I was satisfied with that result. So, when it came time to do my 48-year old stall shower with tiny tiles all over the floor, I decided to have them come and do that. They redid the stall shower and then I had the additional safety bar put in for me to hold onto. I also got a seat that can be brought down because I'm quite aged now. The sales rep was very charming and he had a very nice visit.

Also, the installer was terrific. He was very competent and pleasant throughout the whole thing. On the second day he was supposed to install here, but he arrived in a snow storm. I advised him that there's no parking lot on the street in this town with the snow on the streets, so he had to leave. He called in to the company and made no fuss about the whole thing; just absolutely calm, steady and very professional. He came back the next day and worked all day long, as bright and cheery as he was when he arrived in the morning. I was very happy with the whole experience and I would highly recommend Bath Fitter.

Hi Sue,

Thank you so much for leaving such a positive review! We are so happy that we could install a bathtub that supports your limited mobility and that you are happy with the final outcome! We really appreciate the time you took to leave a positive review. Please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions!

Original review: March 7, 2017

I have very limited mobility, so I wanted to get my bathtub removed and just a shower installed. Bath Fitter installed the bath-to-shower product in my home, and it has a shower seat inside. The gentlemen that came here before it was installed were extremely nice. My husband praised the gentleman that came here to do the installation. He really liked him. Everything about was really good. And I'm thinking about contacting Bath Fitter to get another handrail installed in the shower and additional place for shampoo.

Hi Daniel,

We cannot thank you enough for your kind words! We really appreciate you taking the time to write about you incredible experience with Bath Fitter and we are so happy that our team was professional, patient and efficient. We've actually passed along your note to the local branch so that our staff and their managers will be notified of your wonderful experience! Thanks again and our fans would love to see pictures of the final product on our Facebook page, @OfficialBathFitter!

Original review: March 7, 2017

Bath Fitter was FANTASTIC to us from contacting Customer Service, to Field (Sales) Rep. Jim **, to Installation Supervisor Lou to Installer Greg. We loved the acrylic product when we saw it. The seamless design, 100% warranty as long as we own the home. Were buying factors for us. The peace of mind for me with my wife's medical problems that she would not fall in the tub was another major factor for me.

Plus the installer Greg is a true craftsman. Bath Fitter should be very proud to have him on their team. This was a two day project. Greg informed us every step of the way what he was doing or going to do discussed with us if we had preference where to install the handicap rails, the height of the shower head. ie. If, you want a job accomplished in your home you want to be proud of, hire Bath Fitter. When the building inspector came out from our town to inspect the job. His comment to me was they (Bath Fitter) did an excellent job for you. My comment was I know they did. We cannot Thank Everyone at Bath Fitter enough. Your company is truly awesome.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

After the salesperson came in and explained everything, Bath Fitter seemed to be what we were looking for as far as quick installation and we weren't going to be disrupted for a long period of time, so we purchased from them in January this year. We got the shower install and door. In addition, we got the shelf, the corner piece. The sales rep was very good and we really liked him. He was very thorough and we were happy with that. It was a good experience with him. The installer was very good, too. He was very clean and really respected our house, and these are traits I like to see. He put down a lot of things on the floors so he wouldn't make tracks all over. He was very quick and thorough, and explained everything to me. He did a great job. On the whole, we had a very good experience with Bath Fitter.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went and looked at the work that Bath Fitter did in my sister-in-law's house. I liked the way it looked so we also used Bath Fitter for our bathtub and its surround. The guy who sold them to us was professional and a very nice person. He lives around the corner from my house and I was surprised that he worked for Bath Fitter. I had a great experience with them and I will recommend them to other family members or friends.

Hi Sharyn,

Wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a fantastic review. We are so happy that you love your new shower and with our Lifetime Warranty, you will love it for a long time! We would love it if you shared photos of your Bath Fitter on our Facebook page, @OfficialBathFitter. Thanks again for taking the time to write such a wonderful review!

Original review: March 4, 2017

I was just wiping down my shower surround and after 2 years I am so damn happy with it I thought I should tell others, especially women!! I have the prettiest shower, it's big and replaced an old dirty tub when we bought this house. I NEVER have to scrub this shower. It's as clean as the day I got it. I wipe it down every couple of weeks and lightly brush the bottom even though it's not dirty and it shines all the time. The person who installed it was so professional and it took one day. My husband thought I shouldn't pay that much but "you get what you pay for" and I never have to scrub. It will increase the value of my home for sure. I am 100% satisfied and you should do it!! I got it from your Auburn store.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My wife wanted the bathroom redone and cover up the pallet wall. So we got the wall liner and Bath Fitter did a very nice job. The sales representative was the son of a friend of mine, and we had a good interaction because we knew a lot of people. The guy that did the job was very nice. He came in here, went to work and got it done. He explained to me everything he was gonna do and he did it. I was very happy with it. I would definitely recommend Bath Fitter.

Hi Erma,

Thank you so much for your positive review! We are thrilled to hear how satisfied you are with your remodeling experience and we appreciate the time you took to review us. Thank you for recommending us--that means the world to us! Don't hesitate to reach out with questions and we encourage you to post pictures to our Facebook page, @OfficialBathFitter!

Original review: March 3, 2017

My husband saw Bath Fitter on the internet and their rep came up and explained to us in a way that he had what we wanted. He was very nice and explained everything to us and showed us the different type of showers that he had. He did an excellent job for us. So, we purchased the shower and the shelves in December and got it finished a little bit after Christmas. The guy of the installation team took everything out and cleaned up the bathroom itself. He had everything like I had it before he left so he did an excellent job also. We had no complaints whatsoever and we're very satisfied. I would recommend Bath Fitter to anybody.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was trying to figure out what I was going do with my bathroom because it was a mess. When I saw Bath fitter in the mall, I gave it a shot. Remodeling companies don't exactly have the greatest reputation but Bath Fitter seemed to be on the up and up. Their rep came down and checked it out. He explained everything to us in great detail and was very personable. He told us that if we signed that day, we would get 10% off and we only had one try at it, but he didn't push the hell out of it which was good. The technician that came in to install the tub and the shower unit was very prompt and polite. In addition, I was very impressed that the first thing that he did before he did anything else was put runners down over out carpets so he wouldn't track anything in. He took care of everything and did a great job. I was very pleased with the end product and also, everybody who's seen it has been very pleased with it. I've had a great experience and it's worth it.

Hi Spencer,

Thank you so much for your kind review--we're so happy to hear you're happy with your new Bath Fitter! Our lifetime warranty means that you'll love your tub for life. Don't hesitate to reach out with questions and we would love it if you posted pictures of your remodel on our Facebook page, @OfficialBathFitter! Thanks again.

Original review: March 1, 2017

Several yrs ago for whatever the reason I only had the walls replaced in the bathroom. After almost 10 yrs the walls still looked great, so after scrubbing all I could, I decided to replace the bathtub. Now everything looks brand new! Thank you Bath Fitter!

Hi Donna,

Thank you so much for leaving a wonderful reivew. We are so happy that the process was quick and seamless--cleaner and faster than any remodel requiring demolition! We are thrilled that you had a wonderful experience with Bath Fitter and love your new bathroom. Don't hesitate to reach out with any questions!

Original review: March 1, 2017

Getting a whole new bathroom was a little too out of our price range. We saw an advertisement for a special that Bath Fitter had and ended up getting a tub and walls from them. We ordered around December and they came on January 17th to put it in. The installation team did it in less than the time they said it would be done and they were very neat. It was quick and easy to set up and overall, a good experience.

Hi Darla,

Wow, thank you! We really appreciate the time you took to write such a wonderful review. We are so happy that Sam and Alex went above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction--customer service is always a priority at Bath Fitter so we're thrilled that you love your bathroom. We would love it if you shared photos on our Facebook page, @OfficialBathFitter! Thanks again and don't hestiate to reach out with questions.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2017

From the very beginning when the salesman came by to talk to our mom about Bath Fitter and what it all entailed up to the day of installation with Adam, everything was done exactly how it was explained. Adam was very professional, friendly and worked very hard. He was neat and courteous. We had no cleanup after he was done. The end results are fabulous! The man who came to measure had to come twice as mom’s tub was in between sizes. He took his time the both times he had to come out.

The girl who called to confirm appointments and keep us updated was very helpful and courteous. Sam ** who was in training the night they originally came out, called the day after installation to check on things. He was absolutely fabulous throughout the whole process. I highly recommend these guys and Bath Fitter to all my family and friends. You knocked it right out of the park on this one guys!!

Hi Rick,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a positive review! We are so happy that our staff was professional, patient and hardworking--we love our Bath Fitter employees! We couldn't be happier to hear how proud you are of your new bathroom. Your recommendation means everything and we would love to see pictures of your new Bath Fitter on our Facebook page, @OfficialBathFitter! Thanks again.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2017

We wanted a company that was going to make sure everything around the bathroom was going to be waterproofed. Most of the companies that I had talked to prior told me they have to do the whole thing, and I wasn’t interested in having that done. We had Bath Fitter come out to give us an estimate. When we talked to the guy and heard everything he had to say, it made us think that they are who we wanted to do our bathroom. He seemed to be quite upfront with us with everything and wasn’t pushy. I was real happy with what he had to say as far as what they were going to do and how they would guarantee it.

We purchased the bathtub cover and then the surround around our tub and with the shower. During installation, every once in a while I'd pop my head in and see how things were going and asked the installer about different things, and he was real nice about it. I'm glad the way things were done and I'm happy with the work. I'd recommend Bath Fitter to anybody. My wife's the main one who uses the shower and tub, and she loves it. She tells everybody, “Oh, you got to see my bathroom.” And we're real proud of it.

Hi Melvin,

Thanks for writing a wonderful review and we're thrilled that you are completely satisfied! Customer service is always a priority at Bath Fitter so please don't hesitate to reach out with questions. We would love it if you shared photos of your new walk-in shower! Thanks again.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2017

We were very pleased with the presentation of the gentleman from Bath Fitter and it seemed like a quality company, so we said yes. We got a walk-in shower and the guy that installed it was really good and you could tell he knew his stuff. It took him about seven hours. The shower was very nice and everything went so smoothly. It was a God moment in time.

I was 100% satisfied, they exceeded my expectations. One company that quoted never presented information on the product they were selling, and the other did nothing but put down the other companies. Bath Fitter, Debi, was completely professional. She showed and told me about everything, and then completed the quote. Upon acceptance, the office staff and the installer, Tyson, were the same. Completely professional. They took care of my every need through the process, and even came back to touch up some things that I messed up. I would totally recommend them to anyone thinking about doing some remodel.

Removed tub and installed handicap shower. I am very pleased with the ordering of shower, installation and the way it works. Both salesman and installer were very kind, courteous and helpful in explaining different things. They could not have been more helpful.

My husband and I found the overall experience to be positive. The salesperson, installer, and all those we were in contact with were helpful, knowledgeable, and responsive. If anything, we were given too much attention! Finished product is beautiful, the installation was painless, clean-up meticulous. Better than expected. Your pricing is premium and that turns people off, but I feel it is fair considering the product. Thank you!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We hired an independent contractor, a local guy, to update our bathtub surround a few years ago, and the tub fell apart so quickly. In the end, it was even worse and I had already pulled all kinds of money into it. I knew Bath Fitter had a great reputation and I did a lot of research on it. It's expensive but I thought, “It'll be done and I don’t wanna have to worry about it” so I went back there.

My experience with Bath Fitter wasn't a whole lot of high pressure to deal with. When the salesman came over, he gave me the cost and everything was upfront. There were no hidden costs and no surprises. The installation guy was nice. I liked that he put a cloth down on the floor leading upstairs and into the bathroom so that he wasn't walking around on our carpets in muddy boots. So he was very respectful of us and our house. He did a tremendous job and left everything very clean. The independent contractor we hired a couple of years prior left mud in the house, but Bath Fitter didn't do that. We're very happy with the work that they did, so overall it was an excellent experience. Bath Fitter is a company that I would recommend.

Bath Fitter Company Profile