Accredited Partner

Get Pricing
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.18/5

Bath Fitter is an acrylic bathtub, shower enclosure and tub-to-shower conversion company. The company’s bathtub refinishing products are custom molded to fit over existing fixtures for quick and clean bathroom renovations that last a lifetime. The company can complete installations in just one day.

BOTTOM LINE

Homes and commercial bathrooms in need of a quick remodel benefit from Bath Fitter’s next-day service and fast installation. Special care is required to maintain the new bathtub or shower, but it provides an affordable upgrade.

PROS

• Next-day service
  • Demolition-free remodeling
  • Lifetime warranty on installation

CONS

• Regular cleaning required
  • Design consultation needed for quote

Top Bath Fitter Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

We called Bathfitter because our hallway bathroom was in terrible shape... The end result was fabulous. We now have an extremely beautiful tub and shower enclosure. Top notch installation ... We would recommend both Bathfitter ... for any job.

[The installers] were kind and respectful of our home and explained their work as they proceeded in the project … We are delighted with our new shower. It has brightened up our master bath, immensely. It's reassuring to work with pleasant, competent professionals who take pride in their work.

Bath Fitter Get Pricing

How does Bath Fitter work?

Bath Fitter’s acrylic tub shells and walls can be installed over existing structures in as little as one day. Bath Fitter has locations in the U.S. and Canada, and its factory-trained and certified installation technicians provide homeowners and commercial clients with a demolition-free remodeling solution.

The process is simple:

1. Bath Fitter’s bathroom specialists measure the tub or shower, then custom-build the new structure in one of the company’s facilities.
  2. The current surface is cleaned and repaired.
  3. The new tub shell and wall are then installed over the existing tub or shower.

Customers can browse through Bath Fitter’s selection of shelves, soap dishes, towel bars, shower rods, trims and moldings on the company’s website. A “Design Your Own Bathroom” tool lets you design a bathtub or shower with different bases, colors, wall patterns and accessories to see what the finished product will look like.

Bath Fitter cost

Bath Fitter offers specialized services, so the cost varies based on each homeowner’s needs. The company recommends contacting its representatives for a custom solution and quote. You can schedule a free virtual consultation on Bath Fitter’s website, and the company’s services include a lifetime warranty that lasts for as long as you own your home.

Bath Fitter FAQ

What is the average cost of a Bath Fitter installation?
The average cost of a Bath Fitter installation depends on each homeowner’s or facility’s needs. Schedule a free consultation on the Bath Fitter website for a personalized price estimate.
How long does it take to install a bath fitter?
Bath Fitter can install your new bathtub or shower enclosure and walls in as little as one day.
What does Bath Fitter’s warranty cover?
Bath Fitter’s warranty covers acrylic bathtubs, tub surrounds, replacement showers and shower conversions.
Does Bath Fitter do plumbing?
Bath Fitter’s process doesn’t include demolition or plumbing work. Instead, the company places the new structure over your existing bathtub.
Does mold grow under a Bath Fitter shell?
Yes, mold or mildew can grow under a Bath Fitter enclosure. Regular maintenance is required to keep buildup or residue from growing.

Is Bath Fitter worth it?

Bath Fitter helps individuals remodel their bathrooms with little to no construction. The company’s demolition-free process is ideal for those who’d like to update their current bathtub or shower for aesthetic or safety reasons. While it’s challenging to determine the price of services upfront, Bath Fitter lets customers easily book a virtual design consultation for more information. We recommend Bath Fitter for customers in search of an affordable and noninvasive remodeling solution.

Bath Fitter Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

Bath Fitter scheduled an appointment and Leo ** arrived right on time. Leo was very knowledgeable and friendly. He went over all of the options, did not pressure us to purchase anything that we weren't interested in. We made our selection and scheduled the install date. Matt ** arrived right on time to remove our old tub and enclosure and install a new walk in shower w/ glass doors. Matt and his assistant worked 8 hours non-stop and when they were done, you would never know they were there. They cleaned up great and the shower looks amazing. I always thought bath fitter was to cover old tubs, but they do so much more than that. I would highly recommend bath fitter.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience Dana! We are so glad to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction!!

Get buying tips about Bathroom Remodeling Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

Bath Fitter installed a bathtub and shower stall inserts at a new to us house my wife and I bought. The installer didn't go under the house to properly connect to the existing plumbing. Instead they made the connection inside the house through the floor. The pipe they used to connect to the existing plumbing was too long and both drains have incorrect flow, and won't drain. When I spoke with Bath Fitter about the drain flowing the wrong way the rep said they don't check for the correct flow when connecting to existing plumbing. He also said the City inspector had signed off on the work.

I previously checked with the City and that statement had been a lie. A final inspection hadn't been completed and when I asked if they would fix their work if the inspector didn't pass it the Bath Fitter rep said No. The bathtub and shower cost over $15,000 and you would expect your plumbing to be connected to correctly for that large amount of money. If you're wanting a bathtub or shower find a different contractor. Do your homework and find a company that will stand behind their product and their installation.

Bath Fitter response

Mr. Rice, our team completed the bath and shower remodel as requested by the original homeowners. The pipes you are referring to are not within Bath Fitter's scope of work. We connected our installation to the P-trap and the plumbing beyond that point was not modified by Bath Fitter and is not within our scope to correct. If you would like to discuss this matter further, you can reach us at (408) 457-0835.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

When the salesman, Andrew, came to our home he had multiple conversations with us about our old tile being removed and how we would gain space in the shower/tub. He said any issues behind the tile would be fixed. He also told us a plumber would come in first and replace pipes and then the installer. The installer came yesterday for the start of the install and said the shut off valves don't work and no plumber is coming to replace them or any other pipes like we were told they would. Then, we see that the new liner for the walls is being placed over the tiles!

First of all, how do you see a problem behind the tile with the wall if you don't remove the tile? Secondly, the shower walls are going to come out so far now that there will be no edge on the inside of the tub! As a woman, I use that edge to put my foot up to shave my leg! What kind of circus act do they expect me to do in the shower to shave my legs with nowhere to put my foot except for a flat, slippery wall?!? It's not like I can tell them to take it back because my old one is gone and in pieces. Using Bath Fitter has been one of my biggest and most costly mistakes. I do not recommend them.

Bath Fitter response

Cheryl, we are sorry to hear you are unhappy with the final result of your Bath Fitter project. Our sales manager has attempted to reach out to address this matter but has been unable to reach you. Please contact our team back at (570) 634-6667. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2020

I have made 5 "virtual" appointments with Bath Fitter (due to the covid, only virtual). All of which were cancelled on the spot, at the said appointment. Reason being, because the "lady of the house" was not present. They do require us both to be at said appointment. I keep explaining to them that the "lady" is only a girlfriend who will be paying nothing towards the job, and will be making no decisions, and has no financial or legal interest in my house. They have wasted 5 months of my time before they were honest with me as to why they kept cancelling.

After complaining about this to a friend, who happens to be a very successful salesman, He gave me the story. That it is a "high pressure" sales technique that salesman use when they want to overcome any objections a couple may have after the appointment, in an attempt to have all parties sign on the spot, and not be able to reconsider a day later. Well fellas, it cost you a job, and a bad review. All beware of possible high pressure sales, that might make you and your "lady" feel uncomfortable.

Bath Fitter response

Hi William, we appreciate your feedback and concerns. According to our system we only had 2 virtual consultations that were scheduled, the second of which was cancelled to accommodate for your girlfriend's presence. We're sorry that you feel that this policy is a high pressure sales tactic, it is intended to best answer everyone's questions during the meeting and provide you with options that would be to everyone's satisfaction. Should you reconsider, please do not hesitate to reach out. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

Fina does outstanding work. She took extra caution to protect the hardwood floor before starting the remodel. Fina explained each step in the process and paid attention to detail. She worked non-stop from the time she entered until finished. We are planning on having a second bathroom remodeled the same way and hope Fina will be available. OUTSTANDING job.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your great review Darryl! We are thrilled to hear Fina was able to complete everything to your satisfaction. Thank you for your business!!

Resolution response: Feb. 20, 2020

We had 2 bathrooms done, one was a tub/shower to tub/shower and the other was a tub/shower to walk in shower. Both were completed in less than 2 days.
    I was initially a little concerned about my tile base molding in one and the regular base molding in the other since the space required for the new was more than the existing. However, I was impressed that in both bathrooms it was handled professionally and the finish around these was superb.

I'd like to mention the installers as they were meticulous in covering my wood floors as they worked in and out of the house and cleaned up any mess caused in the bathrooms from the work. Thomas and Johnathan were both very professional and courteous.

We really appreciate the quick install turnaround with very minimal disruption to our life.

Thank you Bath Fitter.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

We just agreed to use Bath Fitter for our project. I will update when it is completed but our salesperson David ** was very personable, down to earth and represented the company very well with confidence and enthusiasm. He obviously has a passion for the business and did not stir us to more than what we were looking for. Add to this the reputation and value of the products they offer we are looking forward to our install.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for sharing your experience Yves! We look forward to your feedback once everything is completed!!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

The Bath Fitter rep was telling me that they could put in a brand-new bathtub, but I told him that I was not looking for a tub over a tub. I wanna get rid of the old tub. He told me that they have brand-new tubs. I then asked him if they were the stainless steel with the enamel on them. He replied no, and that they were acrylic. I said that was good and that was even better.

The rep then explained the whole process about putting in what they call a retainer, like you have on your hot water tank, which is a basin underneath the tub. And that was great. So if something ever happens to the tub and accidentally punctures through, at least the tub won't leak all over the floor. It will leak right into the retaining tub until I can get the thing drained. He also explained the acrylic wall, and I was very impressed with the caulking. It is some type of special caulking that doesn't yellow or shrink up. I didn't believe him until I saw it put in, then I was convinced that it really does not shrink up and it really looks nice and goes on nice too.

John, the salesperson, came out to talk to me about exactly what I wanted. He looked at everything and he confirmed with me that I wanted a shower and a bath tub. I told him yes, and then he asked me if I wanted a walk-in shower. I told him no and that I wanted a shower and a bath tub. I also wanted a handheld shower head and a shower head. And he told me that they could do that. He then explained that they would put in the three quarter inch plywood and reinforce it, and he asked me how many safety bars I wanted. I told him two. One at the entrance as you are going into the tub so you can hold on to it, and then one while you're in the tub that you can get up out of. He said okay, and then he measured everything.

After that, the pre-installer came out and he did his job by measuring everything and verifying where everything was and what to turn off. I just had plumbing redone in the house with plumbing, so I had to turn off valves everywhere. So they didn't even have to turn the water off, and they could just turn the water off going to the tub.

The installer came out, and he did a marvelous job. He tore everything out, put the plywood up, and encased the window that was there in acrylic, which John had already measured for. It really looked fabulous. I was very, very satisfied, and then he put a toilet in for me. And it only took him two days to do it. Then he got rid of all the old stuff, so I didn't have to mess with any of that crap.

I then decided to get my main bathroom done. I had a garden tub and an old shower that was too small to stand in or sit in, even though it had a bench. So John came back out and looked at it and gave me an estimate on it and we signed a contract. The same installation guy came out, and he tore out the old shower, and put plywood up instead of drywall, so I can put shelves in there. He put the three quarter-inch plywood up and I can now build my shelves in there, and then put cupboard doors on it, and it'll be a big old cupboard.

They put this walk-in shower with glass doors. It's 4 x 6 in the shower itself, and then the bench is on the back end, and they encased all that in acrylic, and they put up a sidewall. So the sidewall is on the back where the bench is. When you're sitting on the bench, you can sit back there and nobody can see you. It was all done very, very nicely. The only thing was he got me a handheld shower and I had to buy a holder for it. So if I'm sitting on the bench and wanna shave my legs, I can just hook the thing there and turn the thing off and turn it on when I want to. It's like living in luxury.

It was a massive project. It took him two full days to do it, but he had to cut my shutoff valves off. I asked him why he did that and he replied that he couldn't reach them. But I showed him this big open panel that he could access the water, and he said he forgot about that. When he left, I thought about it, and the next day I called Bath Fitter back up and told them that I paid good money for those shutoff valves, and I wanted a shutoff valve put back on. I had four of them, two cold water and two hot water, and he took all of them. Also, he cut off the pipes going up to the shower and he kept off the drain. His brother came back two days later and put the shutoff valves on and they work fine and everything was good. So it was good response. If I had a problem, I could call Bath Fitter and they would fix it. I was very pleased. If I had any more projects, I'd have Bath Fitter do them.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Estelle, thank you for sharing your wonderful experience!!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

We bought a house to fix up and rent in Ocean View, Delaware, which is close to the ocean. The water here is 90% iron and 10% water. So, the tub looked like a dinosaur's teeth. It was yellow and brown. We had to replace it, so we had a contractor come and look and gave us a price, and it was good. And then we said, "Let's do what Bath Fitter says." So, we called Bath Fitter and they gave us a price that was a bit higher, but they promised us that they'd fix any walls behind that were bad that they couldn't see. And the contractor didn't promise that. He said it would be more if there was problems. The Bath Fitter salesman came and he had a bit of a pitch, but he did a good job.

When we signed the contract, their reps said they would be there on a certain day, and they were there. A guy came first to make sure that the salesman measured everything right. And then he said, "Everything's right. This is what it's gonna be." And they had a bit of a problem because the size we needed for some reason wasn't in stock. But it came two days later than they said it would. So, they got in there and took it apart. They found some problems that they needed to fix and they got everything fixed in a timely manner. Everything was good.

When they pulled up the floor, I saw that the dryer for the washer and dryer was on the other side of the wall from the bathroom because the water's right there. Whoever hooked up the dryer just took the pipe that comes out of the box out of the bottom and stuck it down under the floor. I got another piece of the dryer vent pipe and they hooked it up for me. They didn't even charge me anymore. They were under there and just did it, and I was happy with it. The whole thing took three months. Shortly after it was done, we had renters move in. But I have been in there a couple of times because they had another problem. The hose came off the washing machine that dumps the water out. So I had to go there and I looked and saw that it looked good. Everything was still clean. The guy guaranteed absolutely that it would not stain.

We did have a little problem with our water system that we had put in to stop the iron. And there has been no marks at all from the iron water. So we got that fixed too. Everything has been great. It would've been better if it was less money, but it was worth what we got. The guys came when they said they would be, they called, they were courteous, and they put down paper on the floor when they walk in and out. They did a great job and they were totally professional. I've already recommended Bath Fitter and I would continue to recommend them. I had a wonderful experience with them.

Bath Fitter response

Hi William, thank you for your review! We're glad to hear everything was completed to your satisfaction!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

When we decided to have tub to shower conversion, we didn’t know who we were gonna get. So, we went to a home show in Voorhees. There were six or seven companies that do shower work and tub work, and we did go to two of them. We knew the representative who works for one them, but we felt that the money that we would pay for Bath Fitter, based on their reputation and guarantees, would be worth it for us in the long run. We did not wanna spend a lesser amount of money, have the work done, and then have to worry about it. We wanted a quality product that we wouldn’t have to worry about so we decided to go with Bath Fitter.

We filled up the card and they called us, and their sales rep came to our home. We showed him the bathroom, how the tub was there, and he was very observant. He noted how many shampoo bottles and things we had around the tub. So, he knew right away how big of a shelving unit we were gonna need. He did preliminary measurements and he went over the different options thoroughly so we understood it. Our interaction was very nice and relaxed, we didn’t feel rushed, which we really liked. He called the next day to double check with us if we had any further questions. And I like that they did that because sometimes, you don’t think of something when the person’s there. But he was so thorough and gave us such good information that we didn’t have any more questions. We got a coupon at this home show that he was able to put towards our price so that was a nice little added bonus.

Another person came out on our agreed time and double checked the measurements. I wanted to wait a little bit to have the work done, because I was having work done in my kitchen and other work done in my bathroom such as such as new flooring and new walls by a separate contractor that we had. Both Bath Fitters and my contractor agreed that Bath Fitter should do their work last. So, I had to wait to get the work done first. The Bath Fitter rep said, “Bath Fitter is gonna call you and try to set up your appointment, but every month, you just say you wanna wait a month. I wanna wait a month.’” I thought I was gonna wait until September to have it done, but we ended up moving some money around and being able to afford to do it sooner, and the work was done in our bathroom end of July, beginning of August.

I thought there would be a few people, but my bathroom is small so a few people wouldn’t really fit in there to do it. But the one that came the first day did hard work. He was pounding to get everything out of there. And then, the second day, he actually had a helper who came and helped them put in some things. So, it was a two-day work and everything went fine. I really like how they protected my carpeting between the front door and where the bathroom is. They laid the tarp cloth down and made sure that we wouldn’t trip on them. Throughout the whole process, the installers, the salesman and the measurement guy made the appointment and showed up when they were supposed to show up. They worked hard and it was all done.

They have in writing that we can only use certain products on the surface and they were very explicit to make sure of that, otherwise, we might ruin the surface. So, I read through it and I picked one of the products. But it has bleach in it and it bothers me with my lungs to use that product. They’re fine, but I don’t like using that stuff. I’m gonna have to go back to the literature and look at the other products on the list. That was my only issue but that’s my fault. It’s just awful, that bleach smell even with the windows open. Bath Fitter is an expensive product, but I figured we deserved it.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Ellen, thank you for sharing your experience! We are so glad to hear everything was completed to your satisfaction! Thank you for your business.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

Everything was better than anticipated in our Bath Fitter experience. In the very beginning, the sales rep who came out was very cordial, easy to talk with, good to explain the entire process, and just a very nice gentleman. He not overpowering nor a pressure type salesman. And the communication between the company and the next gentleman who came out to take the actual measurements was the same as he was also very pleasant. Then, each individual who came to the house called ahead before they got here, so we knew exactly when they were coming and who they were, and showed credentials and verified ID before they came in. They were very professional and not overbearing that, “I am the Bath Fitter and here’s what you're gonna do,” type thing. So, it was a very easy process.

My wife and I ran ideas of what we wanted and then they accommodated these to the very best of ability, considering the materials and what they had to work with. And when the installation came, the gentleman that did the install was here within 10 minutes of the timeframe he said he was going to be so things went as smooth as possible. Of course, there always was going to be a little bit of a hiccup, but nothing that he couldn’t handle. He also didn’t take any breaks and he worked straight through. We’d offered him a sandwich or a cup of coffee, and he took a bottled water, but he didn’t take any coffee as he wanna keep working. He even treated everything as if it was in his own house. The only issue we had was the sliding glass doors on the shower as they were warped. So, he went ahead and reordered. I thought it was just a door, but he reordered a set of both doors.

When the doors came in, another gentleman came out and put them in and realigned up the way they were supposed to be. In fact, he double-checked the doors first and one door was a good quarter inch warped and the other one was between a quarter and a half inch warped. So, he went ahead and put the new doors in, double-checked them again, and they were nice and straight and flush and have them aligned. We were extremely pleased with the entire process and we have no complaints as far as Bath Fitter's end goes. We had a little bit of issue with the finance company, but that has been taken care of. Now, we have also referenced Bath Fitter to a couple other people we know who are in the process of bath remodels.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you so much for sharing your experience Randall!!

Bath Fitter Company Information