4.31/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Bath Fitter is North America's leading acrylic bathtub, shower enclosure and tub-to-shower conversion company. Our bathtub refinishing products are custom molded to fit over existing fixtures for quick and clean bathroom renovations that last a lifetime. Best of all, we can complete the installation in just one day without compromising quality.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

Bath Fitter Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

Bath Fitter did our bathroom 10 years ago. I used them again when I wanted my other bathroom done in one day. This time, we ended up having them tear the tub out and we had a full shower put in. Everything was pretty well standard with what we picked out. The sales rep was really good. He showed us all the different colors that we could get the wall in and the designs. I wanted the marble look because I wanted it to go with the counters that we were putting in. We tore out the whole bathroom and we had it all done before they put in the shower. All they did was put in the shower and they caulked all around where the tub met the floor. It came out very nicely and I'm very happy with it. I like that the shower is big.

I would and have recommended Bath Fitter to people. I was shocked that they got the tub out of there. Only one man did that. I have a two-story house and the guy had no problem making it down my steps. He cleaned up after themselves well and I was just really impressed. They did a nice job which I knew they would because they did a nice job the first time.

There was another thing that I liked. I had called Bath Fitter to come out and recaulk my other bathroom that they had done. They came back two or three times and recaulked it because it looked bad and it started making it look old. The guy was so nice. I told him about the side peelings on the walls of the glass that they put. I didn't know why the paint started peeling off but it looked terrible. I have slider doors on the bathtub so you still have to step in to get into the bathtub. I asked the guy if there was any way that I could have them replaced. I was gonna pay for it and everything.

He told me that everything was under warranty and that was a shock to me. I was so impressed that their warranty is a lifetime one. He let me pick stuff out. He said they don't make the doors anymore but they would totally replace them. I got him to match my other bathroom. The brushed nickel is what they both are now. Before, they were white and the paint was peeling off.

I also told the guy that the paint had all worn off on my faucets and he said that was under my warranty too. He added they would replace my faucets. I got him to match both bathrooms. It was just so nice that they did that. They changed the showerhead and everything. The showerheads and the faucets are all the same, even though I got the full glass doors in the walk-in shower. The guy told me too that if the glass would ping or anything like that, they would replace the glass doors. No questions asked.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience Dorothy! We are so glad to hear Bath Fitter was able to ensure your satisfaction once again!!

Get expert buying tips about Bathroom Remodeling Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 5, 2019

I first saw Bath Fitter from an ad on television, and then I talked to an individual that was in the finance association that I belong to that they did work for him. After talking to him, I decided to have somebody come out and talk to us about redoing my mother's bathroom and make it easier for her to get in the shower and hoping it would be best that they didn't have a walk-in bathtub, that we figured with her chair, she'd be okay with the route that we took. And the fact that the corners weren't gonna be caulked and everything was gonna be seamless, we thought it'd be a better way to go.

The salesman had his brochure and he talked to her and went over everything with her also and made suggestions. And everything was very professional with him. He gave us every discount that he could think of giving us and gave us some ideas of his, and then he also took some of our ideas and said, "Yeah, that should work too."

The plumber got there exactly at exactly 7:00 like he said he was gonna be. He started doing the work and he said the other team would be in. I said, "Okay. I've gotta go to up to the restaurant and get a drink," because I gotta let things dry as far as the soldering before he did a lot of stuff in the basement. He said he'd probably be gone by the time I get back 'cause he had to do a little bit of running.

The plumber was gone when I got back, but everything was ready to go. And the installer came for the vinyl with the wrapping to put in the tub. I said, "Where's your helper?" He said, "This is it." He started breaking up the tub and tearing it piece by piece. The plumber said he'd probably be there until 3:00 or 3:30, and he was finished by 1:30. He was very professional and it was a very good job.

My mother is tickled to death. She's 85 years old now and she can't climb up into the tub like she used to be able to, which is a five-inch step. And she said, "I think I'm gonna be in seventh heaven." I even told my wife that if we can afford it, we're gonna look into it for her 'cause she has a form of leukemia and her bones and muscles aren't working real good especially after she gets the chemo shot. As soon as we think we can afford it, I'll be giving Bath Fitter another call.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Tim, thank you for your review!

Original review: April 17, 2019

I wanted a tub enclosure and I didn't need to get the whole bathroom done. I kinda knew what the parameters were price-wise. Bath Fitter fit perfectly within what I needed. We did this in December and they said it was gonna be a couple of months. They would call me when it was gonna be due. A couple of months went by and nobody called so I called Bath Fitter and asked them when they were gonna do it. It turned out to be longer than what I expected. But that was fine. They told me one of their installers had gotten hurt and they could not get to me until the end of the month.

But I got a call from the scheduler and it was over a month before they were gonna be able to get it done. She asked if it was okay if they came the next day. I cursed at the lady and was like, "What the hell are you all doing? Why can't we get on the same page with this thing?" One thing led to another, we had a falling out, and I hung up on her. But she called me back and I apologized to her. I got that straightened out with her. It was a misunderstanding. She caught me at a bad time and I caught her at a bad time. She was very professional.

But the same can't be said during the installation. I talked to a supervisor and at the time I told him that I have a shower curtain and a toilet seat that I needed to get put on. He told me that was not in the contract. I asked if I could still have them put it on. He said that I had to give them a couple of dollars and they would put it on there for me. But when their guy came in, he didn't wanna do it and that just left a bad taste in my mouth. He kept telling me that he would get in trouble if he did what I asked. I told him I talked to his supervisor but he still wouldn't do it.

When you get to be a senior citizen, you just want people to be straight with you. I was spending my money and Bath Fitter got $2,000 from me. They should try to show me a little respect. That was all I was asking for. Other than that, the guy really did a great job at what he did and he did the whole job by himself. I'm still satisfied. I have a cousin who is a plumber and I was gonna have him do what I asked regarding the toilet seat. As a matter of fact, that toilet seat is still sitting up there now.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Charles, thank you for your review. We're glad to hear you are ultimately satisfied with the work. We will make sure to pass your feedback along to our branch. Thank you!

Original review: March 14, 2019

I used Bath Fitter on a previous bathroom so I knew about them. I like their product and I had them put in a tub liner. I didn't want the full enclosure. I had one before and it needed some service. I like the service so I went ahead and got another one. But the process was interesting. The first guy came out and told me that the tiles were not good enough for them to put the liner in. They would tear off the tile and they'll put in our tub liner. I said I was not interested in tub liners so that didn't work. He didn't follow up through all of that once I said I wasn't interested in tub enclosure. The first guy shouldn't have been so insistent on trying to sell me the tub enclosure. I told him that if the tiles were bad, I would replace them. It was an apartment that I rent out, and it was vacant so there really was no emergency about this thing.

I went and had all the tiles replaced. I then called Bath Fitter back and they sent out a different salesman. He checked the tiles too and said that they were strong enough. They took measurements and they ran through. I gave them the deposit and I didn't hear back from them for a very long time. That kinda irked me. I'd used them before and it was a shorter callback time. I don't know what happened to my order. Finally, someone came out, did some more measurements then a couple of weeks later, they came out and installed the thingliner. The installers came and I expected them to be done quickly. They showed up on time early in the morning, did their thing then called me later in the day for the percentage. I went over and looked at it. Their guy gave me the instructions not to mess with it for a couple of days. He also told me the cleaning instructions about what to use and what not to use on the surface. That all went smoothly.

But it could have been quicker as it stretched out over a number of months. It could also have been a little bit friendlier. But we got the job done. I liked the product and I'd use bath Fitter again. But I'd tell others to know what you need before they get there. You probably wanna do that with any home improvement-type salesperson. With bath Fitter, as long as you get through the sales process, the installation is fine. If you are dealing with Bath Fitter, they do get it done once they rip out what they're going to rip out. They just replace it. Once they do that, it's good. I was satisfied.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Peter, thank you for your review! We are glad to hear our team was ultimately able to ensure your satisfaction. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for your business!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

6 days ago, the entire bathroom flooded and we saw water stains in the dining room below. It turns out, the previous owners had used Bath Fitter in 2006. I found out only because it appeared to be a liner, and I thought who better to fix it. The liner had pulled away from the tub/silicone had loosened, and the space between the tub and liner had filled, then overfilled with water. As it turns out, it was a Bath Fitter product. Although they had a lifetime warranty, as new owners, we are not eligible for it. That's unfortunate, but we were not expecting the services to be covered to begin with, so no big deal.

I am only giving 4 stars SOLELY due to the customer service staff. The first young woman I spoke to couldn't wait to get me off the phone. She neglected to do as she promised, which was put us down as an urgent call, to receive a call back first thing Monday morning (I called on a Saturday). I carried my phone with me the entire day Monday - no call. Finally at 4 pm, I called again. Frustrated. Spoke to a different representative and explained my frustration and that I was to receive a call to schedule someone to at least come and look at our tub on Monday morning.

Fast forward to my family showering at whatever friends place we could get to, now 4 days after the flooding, and me having to take time off work to wait. Even though I had scheduled the time off for this, the Scheduler came back and wanted to do it a different day than I was told would work. It was very, very frustrating, but in the end, she was able to have the technician, Jared, come to my home on the day I was scheduled to be there. Aside from the frustration of dealing with the customer service folks, Jared did a fantastic and very fast job of getting rid of all of the water and resealing my liner to my tub. When I asked him how we work the payment for the work and how much it would be, he informed me that even though I am not eligible for the lifetime warranty, they were doing the repairs for me at no charge.

I admit, I was embarrassed, as I started to cry. My family has been hit with multiple tragedies and things have not been easy. It was probably the first time in over a year that someone had done something nice for us. It was such a huge weight off my shoulders, that I couldn't hide my overwhelming sense of relief. I have not yet used the shower - giving the silicone as long as possible to cure, even though Jared said I could use it this morning. I don't want to risk any issues and I am extremely grateful that Bath Fitter, and Jared took care of us, even though they really didn't have to do that. Thank you very much.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Mandy, thank you for sharing your experience. We're glad to hear that our team was able to go above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction. Thank you again for taking the time to leave this review!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I love the walk-in shower purchased from Bath Fitter.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I’ve had some remodeling done before and I didn’t wanna have to do it again. I’d like to have it done right so I went to Bath Fitter. I got the double door shower. The project got completed in August. I was comfortable with the sales rep There was no pressure and he explained the product. And then he just came out and had somebody do a first measurement. Everybody else did what they were supposed to do.

The installation team came in and I showed him what I wanted done, to reiterate what needed to be covered. I didn’t have any problem. I had a closed in box area over top of my shower that had been closed in for whatever reason. It wasn’t up to the rafters, and they took that out and went back up to the rafters and install. So, it actually made my shower bigger and taller. I told them I was gonna get a new floor and there they were caulking. The guy said, “When the new floor comes in, it’s up to you, but we’ll come back and caulk the floor against the tub and shower again.” So, I told the guy that installed the floor not to do it. And the guy from Bath Fitter came back within a week after I called them, and re-caulked around the tub shower.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

Mark from Bath Fitter came and explained things to us. After hearing him, we then thought a Bath Fitter remodel would probably be the best and we purchased a surround shower. Then on the first time that the installation team came, they had brought the wrong color, so they had to go back. I was hopeful that it wouldn't take another 4 weeks and fortunately, they had one like it in Peoria, which is about an hour and 20 minutes from our place. So, the installation guy left here, went back to the factory, and someone from Peoria had brought it to him, and they recut or did whatever they had to do with it. While he was able to install it that day, what supposedly was a 3 or 4 hours work turned into an all-day event. I had other plans for that day and so I had to cancel them because of the time and the delay. Still, we actually got the work done in that same day so it worked out. And they did a great job too.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

I purchased a tub and shower from Bath Fitter and the sales rep I dealt with was good. I went with them as they would take less time to come for the installation. If I had chosen somebody else, then we would have to wait a week. Other companies would have to come on many days, but Bath Fitter would just take one day. Then during the installation, I did not have a problem and it was quick and clean. The guy was quite good too. I was pleased with the outcome performed by Bath Fitter and I would recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

I went to a home show here in Sioux City and Bath Fitter was there. I got a card from them and I filled it out, then they came out for a visit in my home and talked to me. The salesperson was very good, nice, respectable, and informative, and he did a marvelous job. I purchased the shower stall or the shower walls around my existing tub. 'Cause my tub is still good, I didn't need to replace it. So, they just did the walls for me and around my bathroom window without having to remove my bathroom window, and I like that idea. Then, they did an excellent job as far as installation and cleanup. The guy went ahead and put everything down, cleaned up after himself, and then finished within that same day. I'm most impressed with the professionalism in working with Bath Fitter. Even more, I'm totally satisfied and I love the overall product.

Bath Fitter expert review by Joseph Truini

Bath Fitter was founded in 1984 in Montreal. It focuses on easy-to-install custom bathtub and shower liners for homes. This bathroom remodeling company has hundreds of locations across the United States and Canada.

• Acrylic bathtub liners: Bath Fitter sells and installs durable acrylic liners that fit precisely over existing bathtubs and showers. With this approach, consumers eliminate the expense and mess of tearing out the tub or shower enclosure.

• Easy installation: The installation process is quick since the bathtub and shower don’t have to be removed. The company can also convert a combination tub/shower into a spacious shower-only unit.

• In-home consultations: Experienced bath-remodeling contractors meet with consumers to inspect the existing tub or shower and explain how the Bath Fitter solution works.

• Customized solutions: Bath Fitter customizes solutions for its customers so their selection fits their existing bathroom perfectly.

• Matching accessories: Bath Fitter has bathroom hardware and fixtures designed to perfectly match their bathroom liners. Consumers can choose from a wide range of faucets, shower rods, towel holders and other bathroom accessories complement the custom liners.

• Best for: Bath Fitter is best for homeowners, landlords and real estate investors who want to improve the look and performance of their bathrooms.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Bath Fitter Company Information