toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We needed to work on my dad's bathtubs in two different houses so I called my cousin's husband who is a master plumber. He said that his wife had Bath Fitter come to their house. He was satisfied and decided to go with them and that's what I did, too. The rep was very professional and the installation guy went over and above to get the job done correctly. Everything was professional from beginning to end.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’m very happy with Bath Fitter, they were everything they said they were going to be. Jay was a nice guy and he got the job done in one day, which is remarkable. Joe **, the representative, was excellent. He showed us everything and did a great job of coming in and assessing the job. I had it changed from a bathtub to a shower with their assistance because they guided me to what would be the best for me since I'm handicapped. They told me the tub was going to be a couple of inches higher. I showed them how I got in and out. He said, "No, I can't recommend the tub to you." We thought that we'd keep the tub for resale value, but it was more convenient and safer for me to do it this way. And they were right. I'm glad I did that.

Bath Fitter has a good reputation and is not what you call inexpensive, but it would be worth the extra money to deal with just one person, the manufacturer, and the installer. I would recommend Bath Fitter to anybody that is looking for quality work. They did everything they said they would. And that's just made us very happy. This is a very positive experience after all the projects I've done and I liked it the best.

We are very pleased with our new tub and tile surround that was put in by Bath Fitter. The entire experience was well-orchestrated and professionally done. I would definitely recommend them. From the time that we first set up the appt., until the job was completed, Bath Fitter kept us informed of the progress. They were always on time. We couldn't be more pleased.

The sales associates was on time with his presentation material as expected. I made it clear upfront that he was the first of a few quotes I would be getting. Throughout the presentation I made this clear several times so there would be no hurt feelings at the end, which there was. Towards the end he has upset that I was not going to make the purchase that evening. The quote was for close to $7,000 with 10% off if I ordered that night he said. In the beginning of the presentation he said all customers pay the same price if they get the same items. What he should have said is all customers that order the same day of the presentation pay the same price.

As he went through all the benefits of the one stop shop, I could see some clear benefits to having no middle men if there is a problem. For the price that they were asking I will be having a stall and shower installed by a reputable home improvement company that I have researched and they are licensed and in good standing, it will not be seamless but it will come with a warranty. The salesman will lead you to believe there are not other reputable places out there and most all close within two years. I would agree that some companies are like that but again, do your research and get multiple quotes from licensed, insured, BBB approved other companies.

My advise to you if you are considering this company is to do your research on what it cost to replace your tub and shower or whatever else that you will be having done to your bathroom with at least 3 licensed, insured, and have some longevity in the business as well as BBB approved. Then weigh out the advantages of a seamless surround wall and acrylic material to those that you have gotten quotes from before making your decision. Shop around no matter what the salesman tells you.

I would also suggest that older folks have representation from their sons and daughters at the presentation so you are not led to believe that you need this shower for safety reasons. I am pretty sure you have been showering or bathing all your life so this is not a miracle tub. Although there are some nice safety features at added cost (more than the $7000 I was quoted). They again are not the only game in town (get your quotes before you buy whatever you decide).

Bath Fitter

Hi Cam, thank you for reaching out. Customer service is aware and handling the issue directly. Thank you again for expressing your concern.

Original review: May 17, 2017

We contacted Bath Fitter Winnipeg, Manitoba to renovate our seasonal bathtub. We mentioned we experienced 'shifting' in our residence. We were strongly recommended to discuss this with their consultant since shifting was not covered with their warranty (no mention of this on their invoice/brochure... one sentence in an email). We discussed this with the consultant. We provided examples of the severity of shifting. We delayed authorization of the installation until he further discussed our concern with another employee of Bath Fitter. We received a phone call assuring us that the one-piece unit would be suitable for our residence. We used the bathtub for 2 months and then closed-up our seasonal residence. Seven months after installation, there were several cracks where the wall/bathtub had separated.

We contacted Bath Fitter Winnipeg and were told that this was not covered in the warranty. We mentioned we were aware of this, but the consultant, prior to installation, deemed the product suitable. Although Bath Fitter was going to repair it for a 'one time fix,' we were seeking a long-term solution to this problem. We contacted the Better Business Bureau in Winnipeg as well as Consumer Protection Office due to questionable business practices of this company. We trusted the judgment and advice of their consultant prior to the installation. We are now contemplating Small Claims Court. Besides having the one-piece unit deemed suitable for our seasonal home, Bath Fitter omitted informing us of the "high volume/ common service calls" until 7 months after the installation. We are disappointed with Bath Fitter Winnipeg and would not recommend this business to other consumers.

We were quite pleased with the ease of ordering and the courtesy of the installer. All of the details were handled professionally and the work was finished when expected. We would recommend Bath Fitter to anyone looking to upgrade their existing bathtub.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I looked at other companies but Bath Fitter was the best, and I had a fabulous experience. From the guy that I talked to at the home and flower show to the guy that came here and signed me up. They were awesome. They answered all my questions and explained everything beautifully. During installation, one guy came. I watched him all day long and he did a marvelous job and explained everything he was doing. I definitely like their product -- the tub and the surround, the best. Bath Fitter was great to work with and I would recommend the company highly. I have told a few people about it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I saw Bath Fitter at a vendor show. They had a display there and I liked what I saw. Also, a person at church had it done with Bath Fitter and she said that she would highly recommend them. I don't like being pressured into anything but the sales rep was a very nice and honest person and I could tell he was genuine. He actually had a love for the Lord. I could tell that he was a Christian. I liked his sincerity and if he says this is a good product, then I'm gonna go have a go with it. And if he says this is the best price he can give me then I know that it is. He was basically one of the reasons that I went ahead and purchased 'cause I don't purchase anything on the first night of anything. I got the tub and shower.

As for the installation, the guy came and he measured. And we had a low header, only an inch between that and the shower doors. I said, "If there's any way that you can cover the seats, we could actually take that out." He was a very genuine person too. He was very honest and he told me what we could do. I told him that had I known that, I would have ordered that right off the bat. But he said that the sales rep doesn't know that. Only the person who actually installs is the person who could actually make that decision.

So I was just glad that he was able to tell me that and we went that route. I have no complaints, only high regards for them and recommendations. So when he came the day to install it, he said he didn't have the materials to go ahead and take the header out but he came back the following week and took the header out and made it much brighter in there. And it was able to be covered with some of the acrylic. And it made a much nicer job. I'm very well pleased.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We purchased a tub and the whole surround thing from Bath Fitter a couple of months ago and it went well with the sales representative. The installation guy was finishing up when I got home from work so it was perfect. I'm very happy with the tub and it looks great.

Bath Fitter

Hi Arlene, we're so happy to hear that! Thank you so much for your positive review and we're thrilled to hear that you love your new Bath Fitter!

Original review: May 14, 2017

I had an old tub that had been reglazed and repainted, but the paint was coming off. I saw a TV commercial for Bath Fitter, and it looked like the thing that I needed done. So, I purchased the tub a couple of weeks ago, and everyone from sales was very pleasant. They were on time, and if they were going to come earlier, they would call ahead and check to see if it was okay. They explained everything, too. The installer was also very good. He did it all by himself. The day he came, our power had gone out at 4 o'clock in the morning and he said, that it was not a problem, and that he has everything he needs. He was interesting and impressive. Bath Fitter is a great product, and I love it. I wanted the non-slip finish on the tub and I got it. So, I don't have to deal with those rubber mats anymore, and I'm very happy about that. All-in-all, it was a great experience.

I had a great experience with all of this and the install. The guy that did my install, Joshua **, was very pleasant and very knowledgeable. He did a great job in explaining when he was finished. I would recommend your company to others.

Hi Thomas,

Thank you so much for your kind words! We're thrilled to hear that you love your new Bath Fitter. Don't hesitate to reach out with questions. Thanks again!

Original review: May 13, 2017

I had to have the tile replaced and get a new bathtub. I have seen Bath Fitter's work and it is very nice so I thought that it was the best way to have the whole thing remodeled. I got in touch with them and bought the tub, shower and the walls. It was all very good and smooth from start to finish. Everything was perfect.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were shopping at a fair when somebody gave us a Bath Fitter card and my husband talked to the person there. They had someone come to the house and do the quote for the job. We made the purchase for the tub in October and didn't get it put in until January this year. There was only one installation guy and he was nice and very good at cleaning up after himself. The cost was a little bit higher than what we wanted but the tub is turning out to be very nice so we're happy with it.

EVERYONE, from Jimmy **, Hannah, Brian and the master installer Craig were polite, caring, great to talk to. Craig worked his magic like he was working in his house. Drop clothes on the steps and in the hallway. We are very satisfied with the job... Out of the park!!! Will tell ALL of my friends and family about Bath Fitter, thank you for doing what you said you would do, it's a pleasure doing business with everyone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband suggested Bath Fitter and we went with it. We had the conversation with the sales rep and she was fantastic. I like the product. However, the price was more than I thought we were going to do. But there had been a crack in the bottom of the old tub and we had no idea what was going to be under that, and if it's going to be an issue that could cause a lot more cost to fix. So, when Bath Fitter said that it was going to be $5000, that was it. We knew that it was all in, and it was not going past that. Plus, it could have racked up a couple more thousand dollars to fix the old tub depending on what was underneath it. It didn’t matter what was underneath, that was the answer for us. Everything went well and we are happy. Except for the faucet's no-scald temperature. My husband has taken it off quite a few times to turn up the notch just to get back to the temperature we like but sometimes it's still really isn't as warm as we would like it to be. Nevertheless, I'd recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Bath Fitter had the speed in getting things done and seemed to be decent in quality. We had them replace our tub completely and upgrade our curtain rod to a bowed one. Their sales reps were very knowledgeable and friendly and so was the installer. He was right on it and did a very good job. I'm very satisfied with their service.

We were highly satisfied with our installer and Bath Fitters. Rich did a fabulous job with our shower install. All work was done in a timely manner. Clean up was all done by Rich and ready for us to use in 24 hours. Love that we decided to go with Bath Fitters and would recommend them to friends and family.

We recently contracted with Bath Fitter to re-do our existing shower stall which was tiled. The usual long term problems of mold and mildew in spite of regular cleanings. Our Bath Fitter show stall was everything - and more - that the representative told us it would be. It was absolutely beautiful and our Master Plumber's attention to finish detailing was incredible. So amazingly finished and absolutely low maintenance. My husband has remarked several times since the installation about how much he loves (we both do!) our new shower. We highly recommend Bath Fitter based on our recent experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I work a lot of the Home and Garden Shows part-time for a friend and got to know the people at Bath Fitter there. Knowing the product from talking to people at the show was one thing, but after doing my investigation, a lifetime warranty counts a lot more for somebody who's been in business for 50 years than for somebody who's been in business for six years. I also talked to a couple of other people that had Bath Fitter and had some problems that was taken care of quickly and efficiently. So we had Bath Fitter tear our old tub and shower out and put in a walk-in shower stall. My wife was having trouble with getting into the tub and the walk-in shower will make it easier for her. The technician was phenomenal and cleaned up everything. He was very polite and efficient. It was a two-day job and he did everything the way he should have done it.

We had a tub to shower conversion done. Our installer was professional and friendly. The job was done well and was done in a day and a half! We were able to use the shower 24 hours later. Having a quality job that could be completed quickly was important to us. Pleased with shower. Now, we feel like we are showering in a hotel!

Adam did a great job. I love my new tub. No mess, looks beautiful, and completed the job fast. I was so excited when he asked to stay longer the first day and finish it. I know it had to be a long day for him. But that made it so convenient for me. Thanks Adam.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I purchased a tub overlay, the surround shower and a wall with shelves and grab bars from Bath Fitter. I used them because of their lifetime warranty, beautiful product, and seamless installation. They had a pre-installation guy who came in, measured my bathroom and then double checked the measurements. I waited until my order was constructed and Bath Fitter installed it. Their installer did a wonderful job and cleaned it up so nice for me. I love the overall quality of their product. Using it is like being on a vacation. I highly recommend Bath Fitter. I was treated courteously and their installation was timely.

Hi Randy,

Thank you so much for reaching out. We are hapy to hear that you are satisfied with the overall result! If you have any further concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us at customercare@bathfitter.com. Thanks!

Original review: May 10, 2017

Bath Fitter did the tub, shower and redid the walls in my 60 square feet bathroom. Their sales reps seemed to be very helpful but the price was way too high for what I got. Also, if they're gonna come and do bathrooms, they need to be able to do its electricity if I need anything changed there as well. If I got somebody to do a bathroom then they have to stop, and the work ends up being not taken care of. Besides those, I was still satisfied with what Bath Fitter did overall.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had my whole bath done by Bath Fitter. Their sales representative was friendly and knowledgeable. The installation guy was very good and even shut off the register so no dust would go in it. I've tried to get hold of the person in charge because I'm not happy with the fixtures and water pressure. I really felt the fixtures were kind of cheap. I was expecting more as I paid $5000 for the job and the water flow just doesn't seem as strong.

Hi Mark,

Thank you for reaching out. After directing your concern to the local branch, we've been told by customer service that the issue was resolved! We're so happy that we could help fix the situation so promptly. Don't hesitate to reach out with further questions.

Original review: May 8, 2017

Bath Fitter cashed my check of $1080.00 on April 4th 2017. Today is May 8th 2017 and we still have no bathroom. My check did not bounce and they have not provided their product in return. Extremely disappointed and frustrated.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I purchased a walk-in shower from Bath Fitter. They put it in the middle of April and the process took about a month. The installation team came right on time, worked really hard and completed it. It was everything I expected it would be and I’m very happy.

Bath Fitter

Hi Susan, thank you for your wonderful review! We're thrilled to hear that you are completely satisfied and that the result is a beautiful new tub. We really appreciate your kind words!

Original review: May 8, 2017

We only have one bathroom for five people and we needed to have the remodel done quickly, which was like in a day. So, we had Bath Fitter do the tub and shower kit. Their sales rep was excellent, very friendly and knowledgeable. The guy who came out to install was organized and very surprisingly clean for somebody who’s putting in a bathroom. Bath Fitter definitely did exactly what they say. They’re quick and were done in one day just like they advertise. It’s also as beautiful as they advertise, and I'm very satisfied.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I called Bath Fitter for an estimate and they came out and did a thorough analysis. The estimate was free, so I wasn’t committed. I was impressed with the quality of the product and decided to go with it. I also looked at some other options at Home Depot. They have a horrible service, and what I saw from Bath Fitter was nicer than anything else. I asked for the quote before January then they installed the tub-shower combination and the cover by the beginning of March. They said the installation was going to take a couple of hours but they finished it faster than they said it was going to take. They also put down a canvas cover for my floor which went fine. Overall Bath Fitter is pricey but the quality is worth it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went to a trade show and I had a Bath Fitter salesman call me. The house that I own is in a run down section of town so it was good of him to even come. He was very professional and informative, and he did a good job in the sale. The cost is fair. I purchased a tub and surround, and I was really happy with the follow-up calls keeping me aware of where my progress was. And then the installer came and did a great job. He was very professional too. I'm a contractor and I can’t imagine anybody doing a better job.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We talked to two sales people from Bath Fitter. We saw our first guy at the Quakertown Market. He was a retired guy and he gave us a coupon for a discount. And then when we made the phone call, we got Joe. He's very nice and knowledgeable. He came to the house and took some measurements and explained the product. We only had the money for the walls and we did it in February. We didn't want to go into debt over it.

My husband was here for the first guy that came for the installation. He did exact measurements. My husband was very satisfied. Then the second guy, the actual installer, we were both here for him. He was very polite. He wouldn't eat nor drink nor use my bathroom. He was very respectful of our property. But I was little concerned that he goes all day without eating or drinking just so he doesn't have to use someone else's facilities. He said that's the way he rolls, so I respect that. He was very nice and did a good job. It was a very pleasant and good experience. When we get more money, we will do the tub, and as we go, we can add on to it, which made perfect sense the way they explained it. This was the way to start and then go from there.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Bath Fitter had their product at a flea market I went to and I said that we’ll have them come in and take a look and see what they could do. The sales rep was wonderful and did a great job and the installation went well. They had to make some adjustments on the fly with some of the older piping, which was fine. They got that done and it's been very nice. We put their product over the old tub and walls. It’s nice and they did a really good job putting it in. I'm very satisfied.

I needed a shower that was a shower. Living in a Colonial styled home, a bathroom window was installed halfway over the bathtub when the house was built. It had a circular shower curtain rod which allowed the curtain to sort of suck in against you when showering. The window and shower curtain issue made me go look for Bath Fitter. Best choice made. The salesperson told me they could have someone come in and remove/cover the window and then put up a wall that I would need for the shower wall facing the shower head and drain. It was determined to be a three-day job and the folks Bath Fitter had come out were accommodating to remove the toilet during their work period and reset it before going home.

This was the only bathroom in the house. Everyone was as professional as could be and made every effort to do a professional job with a house that is 90 some odd years old. Steve, with Bath Fitter, had come out to do the actual installation of the shower system. Very friendly and very meticulous in making sure corners were squared and walls straight and level. He checked and double checked to make sure everything would fit properly. When he was satisfied, he finished with a perfect installation. The hardest part is waiting the 24 hours for the silicone (not caulk) to cure. I cannot tell you how pleased I am with what Bath Fitter has done to lose that old hulk of a tub and come back with a beautiful stand up shower. It actually feels as though my bathroom is larger than it was and it is definitely more pleasing to view. I will certainly be contacting Bath Fitter in the future to finish out the remainder of my bathroom.

Bath Fitter Company Profile