It's that easy Request Information
4.40/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Bath Fitter is North America's leading acrylic bathtub, shower enclosure and tub-to-shower conversion company. Our bathtub refinishing products are custom molded to fit over existing fixtures for quick and clean bathroom renovations that last a lifetime. Best of all, we can complete the installation in just one day without compromising quality.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

3757 Bath Fitter Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: March 21, 2019

My suggestion is when the installer is installing your bathroom tub or shower watch them the whole time they are doing the installation. Do not leave the room and follow them step-by-step and have them verify with you everything before they do anything to confirm this is the way you want the shower or tub. The bathroom installer had to remove part of the ledge on the shower entrance due to water damage. He complete the finished ledge but he did not build it high enough to hold the shower curtain in to retain the water into the shower floor. He didn't check with me first to confirm how high it should be, and just showed me the finished result.

I was home all that day so he could have spoke to me first. Also, I asked for the shower curtain rod to remain in the same place and he raised the shower curtain rod (which I could verify by how the curtain distance was from the floor) and it also created an issue with trying to find a shower curtain long enough to make sure that the water stays in the shower instead of coming out on the floor. If this was an issue he should have asked me as we had already discussed it. Lastly, the corner shelving looks great but the bottom ledge is not usable. It slants down so you can't even put anything on it.

I called the Kitchener office and spoke to the manager and a representative came out and took pictures of the ledge, the shower curtain height and was quite pleasant. Imagine my shock when I received a voice mail saying "They reviewed it with Jack (the installer) and sorry they couldn't help me and to get a heavier shower curtain." I am not a stupid person and had already done that before I called. I was extremely insulted and was quick to call back to complain about that kind of response. I was then contacted by another lady and their solution was to send a high-end Bath Fitter shower curtain. I have it but as I think about this further I paid a lot for perfection and now if something is wrong what will the bandaid solution be this time? I work in customer service and we take responsibility to find a solution to retain happy customers. I guess my mistake is thinking Bath Fitter would be the same.

Get expert buying tips about Bathroom Remodeling Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 20, 2019

Our remodelers name was Mark **. Mark was on time, polite, courteous and professional. Mark worked tirelessly throughout the day with no breaks working to make our bathroom the one from our dreams. Mark cleaned up after the job was complete so that we could barely notice anyone had set foot in our master bedroom, the only evidence was the amazing bathtub and shower that now sits where the hole in our bathroom used to be! Mark had a path through the back hallway and through the garage to his work truck. I noticed after he left that he also took the time to sweep the garage! Luckily I had already bought him dinner to show my thanks because of the impression he made on us. On top of all of that, the Bath Fitter product is amazing. Now the best shower I've ever been in is mine. Ask for Mark **.

Original review: March 17, 2019

Mark was our installer. He was very professional and had everything done in a timely manner. It looked very nice and made the bathroom look so much nicer. He was very clean and cleaned up the area after finishing. I am not sure who was helping him, but he was also very good.

Original review: March 15, 2019

My installers did a great job but my shower did not cover the width of the tub. When they were done I had 5" to 6" that my bare floor was showing, The installer informed not to worry that they would fix the gap. The same material they put on the walls they buy on the floor so I have to make sure I have a bathmat rug there or you slip getting out of the shower. I had to go out and buy a new shower rod (they broke the one that was up there). Also I was to get a non-slip bath mat to go inside the shower so you don't slip, well I have been waiting 3 months now and get one excuse after another. When you pay over $8000 for it you should get what you pay for.

Original review: March 15, 2019

Yes, our shower looks a lot better than it did, however I do have a few complaints. We just got the shower and new walls installed. Not a new tub. First, the guy who gave us an estimate made it sound like we would be getting a new drain and overflow along with the new shower handles and head. Well, that didn't happen and they said that wasn't included. Second, the ceiling was left with two big scratches that are very noticeable as well as a big scratch on the sink. Third, the bathtub was left very dirty after he left. I feel like with the professional work we PAID for, they should have the courtesy of cleaning up a little better. Fourth, they said it would be done in half a day and it took 11.5 hours instead of 5. Bath Fitter claims to have 100 satisfaction guaranteed but when I called to complain, they were not willing to help out with anything. We will not be using Bath Fitter again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

Original review: March 15, 2019

The Bath Fitter installers were all good. They were in and out in a day, and everything was fine. I got the one-piece surround for a rental property, and I'm impressed with the fact that there's not gonna be any caulk seams. I’m happy with Bath Fitter.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I've known about Bath Fitter for a long time and I've heard that their reputation is really good, so I decided that they were the right bathroom remodel company to go with. I purchased the shower and the tub from them. Everything was good with the rep and my dealings with him were excellent. He was knowledgeable and friendly. The installers were very professional, clean, efficient, and very good. I would highly recommend Bath Fitter.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: March 12, 2019

The ads on TV were what drew me to using Bath Fitter versus another bathroom remodel company. I'm happy with the way their products are. The bathtub and the enclosures that I purchased from them are beautiful. But I have covers over my radiators and I've had water heat, and the covers do not fit. I had somebody come and look them over. At first, the rep wasn’t very helpful. He asked what was wrong with the covers. I said they didn’t fit and when I would have to take the covers off to clean and vacuum my radiators every few months, I was afraid that I was gonna scratch the tub. But he couldn't see anything wrong with the covers and he said that we would have to call. I asked if the problem was gonna be fixed and he said that somebody would call me. But that was the last that I heard from them. Nobody ever called me and I haven't heard anything from anybody.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Estelle, we're happy to hear you are loving your new bathtub. We would be happy to help ensure you receive a follow up call. Could you please send us a private message with your zip code so we may locate the branch you did business with? Thank you!

Original review: March 11, 2019

One of my neighbors had work done by Bath Fitter and he highly recommended them. They did a wall enclosure and put a new tub in for me and I was very satisfied. Everything was done the first time and they did everything very well. The whole project took about four hours. The salesman and the installer were very good.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I had my tub done first by Bath Fitter because they were the cheapest one at that time, and now, I had them do the bathroom wall over the tub. Tony, the man that first came out that I talked to, lied to me twice, but the rest of the reps were nice. Everything about the installation guy's service was good, and the job was finished on the same day.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 10, 2019

This thing is a POS. Years ago in a different house, I installed a Tub Surround that I bought at Home Depot. Easy as pie and we loved it. Skip to last year. My wife decided to do the Bath Fitter because of our good experience with the Tub Surround. I was away on business, so she had them install while I was gone. It looked great. Great job installing. Perfect. One week later, we tried to clean it. They give you a list of trusted products to use for cleaning. We bought the top 3 most expensive products because we wanted to keep it beautiful for as long as possible. Nothing worked. It kept getting dirtier and dirtier no matter how many times we tried to clean it. We tried every product on the list. Nothing worked. So we called customer service, who said a representative would come have a look. 5 weeks later, this clown showed up and told us that it is ruined. Keep in mind, from the second week, we were calling and asking for tips on cleaning it.

Lady on phone suggested filling the tub with hot water and vinegar because sometimes there is a film that needs to be removed. It worked, but the next week, back to the cleaning nightmare. Now months later, clown tell us we have ruined the entire thing, due to not cleaning it often enough. The clown had the entire story. And still we get his assertion that it is ruined. The only fix now is to RIP it out and buy a Tub Surround from Home Depot. Do not buy this product. Move on and don't look back. Complete waste of money.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Robert, we're sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with the maintenance of your bathtub. Bath Fitter products are usually very easy to clean, our suggestion would be to try cleaning it again, maybe using a different product on the approved cleaner's list and replace any damaged silicone. Please let us know if you are still having trouble and we'll be happy to help further. Thank you. https://www.bathfitter.com/Media/Default/Maintenance/English_List_of_household_cleaners.pdf

Original review: March 10, 2019

Bath Fitter did a good job in putting a liner in my bathtub. The reps we dealt with were fine. The liner looks nice and if it stays that way, we’ll be happy. It was a good experience and we were glad we had it done.

Original review: March 10, 2019

Bath Fitter did some work for me years ago. This time, my shower was shot and since they were here before, I thought of using them the second time. I purchased a whole new shower. The sales rep who helped me was very nice. He explained everything very well. The installer was also wonderful. He worked his butt off and seemed to go way beyond what he maybe had to do to make things right. He was here from 8 o'clock in the morning to 8 o'clock at night and he did the whole job by himself. I like the new shower. I would go with Bath Fitter again.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for you review Linda! We are glad to hear your second experience with Bath Fitter was as good as your first. Thank you for your business!

Original review: March 9, 2019

Bath Fitter is a great company and I’ll hire them again. I know that. I've also referred them to everybody I can. We initially looked into the reviews and Bath Fitter seemed to be the best. We called them and got a surround in our tub. Other than being really nice and helpful, the representatives were great people to work with. And we had a really good experience on the installation with them.

Original review: March 9, 2019

Richard and Lisa at Kingston Bath Fitter were AMAZING! They worked within my budget and managed to work within my quick timeframe. Highly recommend them to anyone wanting to update their bathroom. The whole process from purchase to installation took about 2 weeks! Courteous and professional - 5 stars.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Sarah, thank you for your review! We are thrilled to hear our Kingston team was able to provide you a great experience! Thank you for your business!

Original review: March 9, 2019

Everybody else other than Bath Fitter would be in my house so long and I don't have that kind of time so I got them. I got a shower unit through them with four-tiered tower and the product is good. The only thing I have to say is that I do clean it every week, but the silicone that they use, there is like some little black spots that I can't remove. I don't know if it's mold or what. But they're not getting any bigger. I just don't know why it doesn't come out even with Tilex bleach.

It was just one man who did the installation and he was very fast and efficient. I like the way he did his work. He was very neat and he had it done in two days. He was also very forthcoming. I had just come off from a long trip and I checked in on him every once in a while. He didn't mind if you watched him do the work or not. I like the way he redid everything. Because we had some mold issues he had to take out a lot of stuff. I was happy and satisfied with the work.

Original review: March 8, 2019

"We had a great experience from the first contact at the Allentown Fair to the finished installation. The salesman was very knowledgeable and pleasant to work with. I can't say enough good comments about all people we dealt with. The installer was awesome very detail oriented and pleasant. The end result is excellent. We are both very pleased."

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review James! We're happy to hear you are loving your new bathtub!

Original review: March 8, 2019

Carolyn, Candace and Mike **, simply the best at communication, professionalism, courtesy and workmanship. 10 STARS!!? Highly recommended!! We love our bathroom tub/shower and wouldn't go anywhere else for their product and service. Top notch customer service and they stand behind their warranty.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your positive feedback Jennifer! We are so thrilled to hear our team was able to provide you with an amazing experience! Thank you for your business!

Original review: March 8, 2019

I would totally recommend Bath Fitter to anybody looking to get a new shower. I knew of a few people that got them put in before, and I had a friend that was a contractor who said we might be better off going with Bath Fitter. I like them. The price was at par with whatever anybody else would do it for and they could get it done quickly in a day. They removed the standing shower that was in there, and they put a new one in. The Bath Fitter rep was a good dude. He worked with me on the price and he was knowledgeable. He explained what was going on and all the benefits of it. And I called on Tuesday. He was here on Wednesday, so he was quick. He did everything he could do.

Original review: March 8, 2019

Our bathroom was almost 30 years old and the tub was disgusting. We had a gentleman come out and do the presentation. We ended up getting a tub insert and I'm very satisfied. The Bath Fitter reps came for measuring. After that, the installation was one day and it was great. The guy was wonderful, clean and fast.

Original review: March 7, 2019

Bath Fitter solved our bathtub problem in a very efficient and professional way. They showed up when scheduled and cleaned up after their work was finished. We are very pleased and would highly recommend their services. Thank you Bath Fitter.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Kimberly, thank you so much for your kind words! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your warm feedback! Thank you for your business!

Original review: March 7, 2019

My sister-in-law was very pleased with the bathroom remodeling that Bath Fitter did for her. At the time, the bathtub was leaking into my family room, so I called them as well. Their rep came out, talked to me, and gave me an estimate. He was very knowledgeable and good. He sold me and I purchased the tub with the walls that go all the way up the ceiling. Then, it took about eight weeks from when I signed on the dotted line until they came for the installation. That is a long time but the installer came when he said he was gonna come and worked until it was done. So, I was very pleased. Right now, I need to do another bathroom but I don’t wanna use Bath Fitter for that because I want the whole bathroom done and they only do the tub or the shower. All in all, Bath Fitter did a great job and the tub looks good. I also like the lifetime warranty.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Darlene, thank you for sharing your experience. We are happy to hear our team was able to ensure your satisfaction. Thank you for your business!

Original review: March 7, 2019

I saw a Bath Fitter commercial on television and I liked their price. The rep was a nice guy, took the time and talked to us. He guided us in all their options. I got a new shower five months ago and the installer was professional. It was a fine experience and the quality of work was good except that there was a squeak in the floor. Not long ago, a guy came and said that was how it worked.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Betty. We are happy to hear you had a great experience with our team. Thank you for your business!

Original review: March 7, 2019

My sister and I had Bath Fitter come and redo my mother’s bathtub three years ago after she passed away and we wanted to sell the house. Then on the 1st of February, I had them redo my bathroom ‘cause it needed it. I had tiled this bathroom but I had a feeling that I would have to rip it all apart. I had Bath Fitter come in to see if they could put a tub surround in. The guy said that they could put it in right over the tiles so I wouldn’t have to tear out the old one, which was great. Then he put the wainscoting in the other part of the bathroom that tiled, so I didn’t have to take it off. and it worked out good.

The sales rep explained everything and gave us some ideas. He was good and professional. Then one guy came like quarter to 10:00 in the morning and left quarter to 3:00 in the afternoon for the installation. He had it done and did a good job. But Bath Fitter made a mistake on the order. We ordered a towel rack but didn’t get it. Then the rep marked down a soap dish instead. I called them and then a couple of weeks later, they brought one down and put one in for us. So, that was taken care of.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I was in Cowtown, and Bath Fitter had a display. I looked into the other ones that had a tub, and I didn’t like that. I also needed something that I can pick up my feet because I have problems lifting my feet and wife does too. So, that’s very convenient for me having a shower put in. I purchased the shower where we can walk in. It’s a low shower. My wife and I and even my kids love it. It’s a great product and it’s good to have. I don’t have to worry about overflowing and the drain is faster too. The installers were perfect gentlemen and they knew what they were doing. They installed in about about six hours. We communicated back and forth, and they showed me and told me what they were doing. And they cleaned up after themselves right after.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I heard good things about Bath Fitter so we got their service. The sales rep was really responsive and worked with us on getting the price points that we were looking for and the details we wanted. We replaced our bathtub unit with a brand new one and they had it done in less than a day. The scheduling and the follow-through were great. The installers were outstanding. We love the results, and the bathtub is fantastic. We’re very happy with it.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Ed, thank you for your review! We are glad to hear you had a great experience with Bath Fitter. Thank you for your business!!

Original review: March 5, 2019

I may agree that the company does a good job - here is big however. The advertisement states that they will basically put a tub and wall over the existing wall. Yet when I had it done it took more than one day. The second aspect is that they totally removed the original wall and tub down to the studs. One of the claim was that they had to move the existing to the new drain. Next the cost that I paid was over $5,000 dollars for this work. Though I am happy with the work I do not agree with the idea that it is done in one day. I don't know if I would have them renovate another bathroom as of the experience that seemed to be opposite of their commercial.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Paul, thank you for your feedback. We do our best to honor our one-day installation policy and we apologize that, in your case, it wasn’t possible. Some jobs may require more work than others, which may take more than one day to complete. We are happy to hear that you are ultimately satisfied with the work. Should you ever require our services again we hope that you will consider Bath Fitter for your project. Thank you!

Original review: March 5, 2019

After talking to Bath Fitter and looking at their product, I thought they were the right fit for us. They did a shower and tub installation at my son’s house. He also had a corner soap caddy done. The installation went very smoothly and it was within the timeframe that they had said it would be. The final product turned out very nice too. I’d definitely recommend Bath Fitter.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I met with the Bath Fitter and she told me the measurements. I knew what I wanted, and it went pretty smoothly. I had a tub, and a walk-in shower put in. The installers were here for two days, and it went fine. I'm very pleased with it. So far, so good.

Original review: March 5, 2019

The house was built in the ’20s. We were gonna be here for another four years and we figured we would update the bathroom before we’d sell it. And we saw Bath Fitter's display at Home Depot and we thought of giving them a shot. A guy came out and did an estimate, and we liked the estimate. I used to work construction for years and was gonna do the bathroom myself but for what they were gonna charge and for what I can do, going with them worked out, plus I didn’t have to worry about the aggravation of doing it myself.

It's a very small bathroom and we ended up getting the very basic stuff, such as the tub, the shower thing, and the soap thing then I had them cover one wall with black tiles. The Bath Fitter sales reps were honest and fair, and they didn’t give me any BS. Then when their installers were here, I could hear them upstairs in the bathroom, but unlike typical construction workers, there was no yelling, screaming or foul language going on. They were nice and polite. They were also clean. They put rags down, and then they cleaned up afterward. I'm happy with them. I would recommend them to my friends.

Bath Fitter expert review by Joseph Truini

Bath Fitter was founded in 1984 in Montreal. It focuses on easy-to-install custom bathtub and shower liners for homes. This bathroom remodeling company has hundreds of locations across the United States and Canada.

• Acrylic bathtub liners: Bath Fitter sells and installs durable acrylic liners that fit precisely over existing bathtubs and showers. With this approach, consumers eliminate the expense and mess of tearing out the tub or shower enclosure.

• Easy installation: The installation process is quick since the bathtub and shower don’t have to be removed. The company can also convert a combination tub/shower into a spacious shower-only unit.

• In-home consultations: Experienced bath-remodeling contractors meet with consumers to inspect the existing tub or shower and explain how the Bath Fitter solution works.

• Customized solutions: Bath Fitter customizes solutions for its customers so their selection fits their existing bathroom perfectly.

• Matching accessories: Bath Fitter has bathroom hardware and fixtures designed to perfectly match their bathroom liners. Consumers can choose from a wide range of faucets, shower rods, towel holders and other bathroom accessories complement the custom liners.

• Best for: Bath Fitter is best for homeowners, landlords and real estate investors who want to improve the look and performance of their bathrooms.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Bath Fitter Company Information