Consumer Reviews and Complaints

• 4 stars52
  • 3 stars22
  • 2 stars12
  • 1 stars38

Bath Fitter is North America's leading acrylic bathtub, shower enclosure and tub-to-shower conversion company. Our bathtub refinishing products are custom molded to fit over existing fixtures for quick and clean bathroom renovations that last a lifetime. Best of all, we can complete the installation in just one day without compromising quality.

After so many years of having a terrible and unfit bathroom I finally decided to remodel my bathroom. Getting rid of the bathtub was my number 1 priority and of course the ceramic tiles and all. Decided to go with Bath Fitter as I've seen many of their displays and WOW I am so PLEASED with all, starting with the sales representative with his knowledge, courtesy, and friendly personality to the installer which was amazing, experienced, organized, and super friendly! My bathroom looks amazing and I LOVE it. Definitely recommend Bath Fitter. So far so good!!

From beginning to finish, Bath Fitter was amazing. I am a teacher and my boyfriend works long hours. Every step of the way they worked with our schedules to visit our home, do the measurements and complete the work. The shower looks AMAZING and gives my whole bathroom a facelift. I would absolutely recommend them for this type of work.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I didn't like my bathroom color and it was already time to remodel it. I figured that Bath Fitter might be the easiest way, and then I'd seen pictures and I liked it. It's better than changing out the whole bathroom. I purchased a tub and so far, so good. I had very good interactions with the sales rep who was pleasant and courteous. The installation team was also pleasant and they were very punctual. I was very pleased with them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our experience with Bath Fitter was good. Our bathroom had a green toilet, a green sink, and a green bathtub from the ‘60s. And last year, we remodeled the upstairs in the house and now we were doing the downstairs and we got Bath Fitter tub with a solid wall. My mom wanted the fact that it was all one piece. Their reps were all very helpful and very friendly. Their installation team was good and very friendly too. Overall, our experience was very good. However, it was a little overpriced considering we got the basic plain one, but that’s what my mom wanted. I usually do all my own work such as redoing the rest of the bathroom because it’s cheaper. In fact, it's cheaper than the bathtub. Plus, I had everything cleaned out. The guy just came in and installed it. He didn’t do the finishing caulking on it because we're not done in the downstairs bathroom. So I feel like there should have been some price breaks for that.

Our shower does not drain ever, so I am now on my hands and knees on a very slippery surface, cleaning out pink mold from every dimple in the shower floor.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My wife had pneumonia and was having difficulty getting in the bathtub so we needed to make the lower step up. I found Bath Fitter on the internet and liked the warranty and timeline it took to do the job, which was 2 days. The sales representative was a nice guy. The young man who did the installation was very professional, good, courteous, and was a nice guy too. I'm very pleased with the experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We’ve been wanting to remodel our bathroom for a while and so we purchased two bathtubs from Bath Fitter. Everything’s fine and good. The sales representatives told us what we needed to know. The installation team were very nice as well.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I chose Bath Fitter to do the remodeling of my bathroom because of the quality of the material, the lifetime guarantee included, and the financial planning that they offered. The sales rep was very polite and knowledgeable. He was prepared to answer all the questions that we had and went through the whole demonstration. He had his catalogue that they use to show the different designs that the company offers. He told us when they will be coming to our home and that’s exactly the day they came in. I purchased a shower and a bathtub this past December, and have them do the walls as well. The renovation went great. My husband, who was there during the installation, was pleased with what the team did. They told us how long it would take for it and that’s exactly what it took. Everything went smooth.

I was totally pleased with the Bath Fitter experience. All (3) phases of the process were done in a professional manner. The installation took 1 day, as promised. I would recommend Bath Fitter to a friend or family member. Thank you for a job well done.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was going to put in a new tub by myself, but I figured instead of getting involved in all that, I’d rather hire someone do it. The sales guy from Bath Fitter was very helpful, and the guy that did the installation worked his butt off and got it all done in a day. Everything was good except the caulk around the tub. They over-caulked a bit on the tub instead of around the floor and I feel they could've been a little neater on there. It's a little bit worn out on the bottom but it's a nice tub and I’m happy with it.

Last year Bath Fitter put a new tub in my first bathroom - and did an excellent job. AND it's easy to clean! This year they did the master bath, which is a shower stall. Rick ** was the rep both times and James ** was the installer both times - they were so good. I specifically asked for them. Mr. ** worked in a windowless room on two of the hottest days of the summer with no A/C (my unit went out and was not repaired until a week later) and he never complained - just did a great job. I highly recommend both men - just wish they did sinks!

I am a very satisfied customer. The installer was outstanding and very professional. He finished the installation in one day. He should get a raise.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed a bathroom remodeling. Normally, I do my own construction work but I didn't feel like doing that whole tearing out, and rebuilding. I'm not even aware of anyone else that does what Bath Fitter are doing. When I saw the samples at the mall, I was surprised on how sturdy they were because I always thought it would be like something flimsy. Everything was positive. It took about eight hours to remodel my bathroom, and the installer was very efficient, very polite, and cleaned up everything.

The only one thing that got us off guard and wasn't explained by the salesperson is how Bath Fitter advertise the seamless surround. The wall itself is seamless, and there's a seam where the wall meets the tub, and then there's caulk around there. I'm pretty sure the salesman had said at one point that there's no silicon and they use all these polymers, and it surprised me when I went in there and there was a caulked seam, but it's been okay, it was held up. We love the tub, the shower, and the faucets are good quality.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We're both out of our 70 and the remodeling of the bathroom was done for safety reasons. The tub was taken out and we got the shower with the handheld spray as well as the one that comes out of the wall; it has glass doors and it's white. The Bath Fitter salesperson was very knowledgeable, willing to ask questions, and accommodating. Plus, the person who came to install was also very willing to explain everything he was going to do step by step. He was tenacious. He started the job, stuck with it, and cleaned up so that nobody would ever have known that he was here. The experience was amazingly pleasant.

Best company I have ever used - I truly mean "BEST EVER"! Here is my experience and my thoughts as to why. If you're trying to select a company to have this system installed in your home, it would be in your best interest to choose Bath Fitter (I do not work for, or am related to anyone from this company and can be reached if you have any questions).

In 2005 I had Bath Fitter install their shower stall system in my home. In 2007, two years later, I had an issue and two techs came out and made the repair. In 2016, eleven years after initial install and nine years after a repair was made, the same issue came up again. I called Bath Fitter and they sent a representative, Marty, to my home to assess the problem I was having. Marty was really knowledgeable about his product and saw right away what the problem was and what solution needed to be taken to fix it.

He checked back with his office to see what the cost would be to make the necessary repair, as it's been in place for eleven years. He then gave me a repair cost that was very fair to both myself & his company. We then scheduled the repair work with the office for one week later. On the scheduled date and time I was told, one tech came to my home, Dave. Dave introduced himself. He too was very knowledgeable, courteous as well as respectful of my home. Dave worked all day completing the job at 8:30 pm. I was beyond happy with the job Dave did for me - he was a perfectionist, a person who had respect for the job he was doing & the company he is working for. Dave did more than required to make the job correct & problem free. He did things most techs would not have done by making necessary repairs that no one would have known needed to be done.

Based on my past experiences with other companies, I found the techs do as little as possible to get the job done and go home - but not Dave or Marty, they noticed an issue and took the extra time and effort to make it right - Dave said if it didn't look good to him he'll take care to make it right. Amazing, I wish all companies were like Bath Fitter and had techs who were this conscientious! Dave & Marty did a job for me, the customer, of a quality that I'm sure they would have wanted someone to do in their home! So rare these days with the vast majority of techs who don't care about their quality of work or their company's reputation. They feel, either way, it's just a paycheck, so they take the easiest & quickest way and do a sloppy job - which ends up eventually causing issues.

The customer suffers from this type of workmanship, because they will end up having to re-address the problem again. Also, the company suffers because of the poor workmanship their name is tainted. The customer, will most likely, repeat their bad experience in conversation with acquaintances and no doubt the company will lose potential future business because of this. Thank you for sending Dave, a qualified tech to do the job! Also, for Marty, a qualified inspector initially sent to assess the issue I was having, who recognized that there was a problem, stood behind his company's product and reputation and suggested the repair to be done at a fair cost to all.

What I found most impressive and rare about Bath Fitter, particularly these days, and why I cannot give enough accolades to the Bath Fitter company of 2016, is that this shower stall system was initially installed in my home in 2005, and eleven years later they STILL stand by their product in my home. Needless to say I am more than impressed with Bath Fitter and their employees. I only wish other companies would look to them as an example of "how to do business to stay in business"! Bath Fitter, I cannot thank you enough for this remarkable experience and instilling hope in me that there truly are reputable companies out there.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a leak in my bathroom so I decided to remodel it. I like the Bath Fitter products that I saw at the mall so I ended up purchasing my new bathtub from them. They kept everything very clean. They were very courteous and they did everything nice and quick and cleaned up after themselves.

Hello,

Thanks so much for writing and letting us know about this. Customer service is very important to us and we want to make sure this is addressed promptly and properly. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have faced and we have passed this onto our corporate customer care team, who will make sure this situation is seen by your local branch.

Thanks again!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2016

They have been to our house 4 times. They told us that they would only do our tub if we purchase the surround also. We have real tile in beautiful condition. Why would I cover that? They called us 6 times and gave us better pricing and finally we told them unless they could just do the tub to stop calling. Then they told us that if our tile was in good shape they could do just the tub. They sent somebody out to look at it & he told us the technician would have to check it. 2 weeks later he came out with temporary liners & he said no problem. He said they would call us when the liner was ready to put in. Today they called us and told us they can't do it but will do if we get the walls done too. They only want more money. My friends told me not to trust them. Now I know why. I would never use them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I tried to sell my home and knew our bathroom was a problem. So, I decided to upgrade it. I bought a plastic thing to go over the top of the tile and three walls and hardware. I spent $4,000 to put three pieces of plastic up and some hardware. Ken the salesperson was good. Anybody who can talk to somebody into spending $4,000 when it's worth $2,000 is a hell of a salesman. The installation team's cleanup was fine. Overall, the job was a decent job.

We had your average, run-of-the-mill fiberglass tub/shower combo for 19 years. Due to health issues and knee replacements, it became apparent that we needed to ditch the old shower, and get a better one more equipped for ease of use. So we called Bath Fitters, and they designed a beautiful shower stall, equipped with a fold-up/down seat, 3 grab bars and gorgeous easy-slide glass doors. The pearl color perfectly matches our existing bathroom, too! Now hopefully we can stay in our home for many years to come, no matter what health issues we may encounter.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Bath Fitter's lifetime guarantee was good as well as the workmanship. I had seen the work in someone else’s home that had Bath Fitter and they were satisfied. So I had them take out the bathtub and put the shower in. The salesperson knew what he was talking about and the one guy who did the installation was excellent. However, I’m still not sold on their doors. I have the sliding glass doors and they’re a little wobbly. I was concerned with that so I called them and they sent a repairman here to look at the doors and he put a new stopper in but it didn’t change anything. He said that was how they were, though, and there wasn’t really anything we could do about that. Other than that, everything was good and I was satisfied. I would recommend them to people that could afford them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We needed our bathroom remodeled and Bath Fitter was the cheapest at that time. We got the bathtub with the surround and I like it very much. Their sales rep was efficient and I had no problems with him. The installation guy was great. He did everything perfectly and let us know how to take care of the tub.

We were very impressed with the work and the workers as well as the materials and completed project.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were having a water problem as far as one of the fixtures was causing a lot of moisture and I couldn’t seem to repair it myself. Bath Fitter has a good price and the financing works, so we went with them and got a shower and fixtures Their rep was very helpful and informative. There was a wall already glued in the shower area and some of the glue was on the bathtub that we were keeping and he really went out of his way to clean it up for us. We accomplished what we went out for with Bath Fitter and the moisture problem is gone, so we're really happy about that.

We adore our new shower & Elmer did a fantastic job. He did not apply the safety strips on the step he said he would. Otherwise the job has made our life so much easier. We would recommend Bath Fitter to anyone needing help with a tube or a shower makeover.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

A month ago, we decided to have our bathroom remodeled and our plumber recommended Bath Fitter. I've had a good impression about them as they are not cheap but their work is very good. Bath Fitter installed a new bathroom for us and it's working beautifully. It's a standup shower with the walls remodeled and the door changed. We had tiles and they put this plastic covering over the tiles and then a new floor. The sales rep and the installation team were outstanding. They paid attention to every little detail and also explained things. We were very pleased with it. The price was high but, at least, we really got first-class installment and service.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had been thinking about remodeling for a long time and decided to do the tub and the surrounds. The sales rep from Bath Fitter that first came was young and relatively new at the job. We liked him very much and hated to disappoint him but had to turn him down. Then another guy approached us again with a discounted price. Although it was still a lot more money for what they would be doing, we proceeded to get the total surround and a new tub over our old tub. Both sales reps were very good at what they did and were nice to work with.

The installer that came out did the whole job himself. The product looked nice and is guaranteed for life. I was satisfied with it but now, I'm not really happy with the bottom of the tub which has a lot of dark areas. I have tried vinegar and the cleaning spray they recommended but haven't been able to clear that off. I'm going to try one more time to get that stain off and if I can't, I'm going to have them come out.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a tub that was not a standard size and the piping wasn't good. I got a tub with a shower from Bath Fitter and it's exactly what we wanted. The sales rep came out, gave us an estimate, explained things to us and worked with us, then gave us data as to when everything will happen. If there was any disadvantage to the whole process, it was the amount of time from the time the salesperson came until the actual installation occurred, but I understand that that's part of the business, so that was fine. The installer came and did the job in two days and everything is working well.

Hello,

Thanks so much for writing. Please know that your situation has been addressed by the corporate customer care team. It has been brought to our attention that someone from your local branch will be in touch very soon in order to schedule an appointment to rectify the situation.

Please keep us updated.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2016

I placed a service call on 8/8/2016 around 9:00 am. I was advised someone will be calling me back. Did not receive a callback. I call again on 8/9/2016 again 9:00 am. No callback. I call back at 4:00 pm to inquire. Ask to speak with manager and was told that's the person that should be calling me. I then ask to speak to someone else in charge and "Bob" advises he will not give me his number and hung up the phone.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Aug. 15, 2016

The tech Tony came out and we found that the problem was caused by the bad paint job. Tony went above and beyond in double checking and verifying that everything was corrected and even tightened my shower head better then it was. He also verified an extra layer of caulking and also verified no leaks in the drain. Tony was a very courteous and professional. He really turned this around and I would give 5 stars now to Bath Fitters from the quick turn around and quality of work. Tony said I can call back anytime if I have any more issues and I know Bath Fitters will be there as they have been through all this.

Tony also had everything cleaned and I couldn't find any problems. Even though at one point it almost seemed like a construction scene. I don't know how he did it. I would recommend Bath Fitters to anyone and can't wait to do my upstairs bathroom down the road.

Hello,

Thanks so much for writing and informing us of this situation. Customer service is very important to us and we are glad that this is being addressed promptly. We apologize for the inconvenience and please know that this has been flagged to our corporate customer care team. Please update us after your next appointment.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2016

I have not yet had the best experience with Bath Fitter. I bought a bathtub insert for about $1600. The guy came and installed it in one day like they said. When I checked out the new bathtub, I found there was a leak in the drain piping (leaking under my house for days before I noticed) and the caulking job was not the best. There was also a small hole in my wall where he must have bumped it with something. I ended up patching this hole and painting it from leftover paint as I just redid this whole bathroom brand new. I tried to re-caulk where there were cracks but water ended up getting under the bath insert.

I called Bath Fitter who sent another guy out. This guy was better and ended up fixing the drain leak and also squeezed out the water and re-caulked it. I then tried out my new bathtub and there was a lot of movement now when you step on it and is like walking on egg shells as you are not sure if you are going to crack it. So I called Bath Fitter again. I was told that someone would call me back to schedule an appointment. I waited all day and finally got called back getting a different person who claimed they were the only one in office that day. I had to go over all this again to try and get this $1600 tub right and at this point was not happy.

The guy threatened to charge me a service charge if it is found to not be their issue and acted like I was complaining for no reason and was bugging them. I explained that if they would have caulked it right the first time, I wouldn't or shouldn't even have to call them. He scheduled an appointment like 2weeks out as that was the earliest they had where a rookie wouldn't come out as it seems they sent them out twice already. I am still waiting for them as they are coming to redo everything and they have to pull and stick back down the tub so that means another 24hours I cannot use my shower again when they are done.

Hopefully they get it right eventually and I shouldn't be charged for their negligence. I mean it is a good thing they offer lifetime warranty as this is the 3rd house call and I only had this tub for about a month now. I have been forced to use it the way it is as this is our only tub at the time. I just hope that they get it right otherwise I am glad they have the lifetime warranty as I will continue to work with them to get it right (3rd time's the charm). If I wanted it done half fast, I would have done it myself. I hope no one else has these problems.

A little history on this tub, I moved in this place and this bathroom was not usable and was trashed. The toilet didn't even have Johnny bolts holding it down. But anyway, I hired 2 separate guys to paint the tub and the paint ended up cracking both times. I spent about $600 in total. When I found Bath Fitter and spoke to John, I was told that this would be the last company I would have to call and he assured me I would love this new tub and not have any problems. I am still working to get this tub right and then this bathroom will hopefully finally be done. What a nightmare.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We remodeled our dad's bathroom since the bottom was wearing off the tub and a couple of tile have fallen off the wall. The bathroom was an original from 1950. We asked Bath Fitter to do the job since they already did the one at our house. We told our dad what a great job the company did, he saw it as well and affirmed it. My dad needed assurance that the people that are going to be working are not going to leave a big mess to clean up. So I told him that the Bath Fitter installers would clean up when they're done. He won't even know they were here. The product we chose turned out great. My dad loves it and he tells everybody.

We bought the over the top shower enclosure with a bathtub which covered the regular tub, then they did the whole shower and tub surround. The sales person who came talked about the war and my father loves to talk about war stories from World War II. He enjoyed talking to the sales person very much. The installer was wonderful too. He kept asking my dad if it was okay for him to come up. I was there because my father has macular degeneration so he can't see anything really close up. He had already started when I got there, which was fine. He told me that he'll explain everything to my dad once he's done in case my dad has any questions. He did that and showed my dad how everything works, even putting in the grab bars for him. While doing the work, he also engaged my dad in conversation which is always nice. He did explain everything to him when he was done. He cleaned up after himself. I'd recommend Bath Fitter to anybody.

Bath Fitter Company Profile