Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Get Pricing
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.98/5

Bath Fitter is an acrylic bathtub, shower enclosure and tub-to-shower conversion company. The company’s bathtub refinishing products are custom molded to fit over existing fixtures for quick and clean bathroom renovations that last a lifetime. The company can complete installations in just one day.

BOTTOM LINE

Homes and commercial bathrooms in need of a quick remodel benefit from Bath Fitter’s next-day service and fast installation. Special care is required to maintain the new bathtub or shower, but it provides an affordable upgrade.

PROS

• Next-day service
  • Demolition-free remodeling
  • Lifetime warranty on installation

CONS

• Regular cleaning required
  • Design consultation needed for quote

Top Bath Fitter Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

We called Bathfitter because our hallway bathroom was in terrible shape... The end result was fabulous. We now have an extremely beautiful tub and shower enclosure. Top notch installation ... We would recommend both Bathfitter ... for any job.

[The installers] were kind and respectful of our home and explained their work as they proceeded in the project … We are delighted with our new shower. It has brightened up our master bath, immensely. It's reassuring to work with pleasant, competent professionals who take pride in their work.

Bath Fitter Call Now Toll Free (888) 996-1628 Get Pricing
Call Now Toll Free

How does Bath Fitter work?

Bath Fitter’s acrylic tub shells and walls can be installed over existing structures in as little as one day. Bath Fitter has locations in the U.S. and Canada, and its factory-trained and certified installation technicians provide homeowners and commercial clients with a demolition-free remodeling solution.

The process is simple:

1. Bath Fitter’s bathroom specialists measure the tub or shower, then custom-build the new structure in one of the company’s facilities.
  2. The current surface is cleaned and repaired.
  3. The new tub shell and wall are then installed over the existing tub or shower.

Customers can browse through Bath Fitter’s selection of shelves, soap dishes, towel bars, shower rods, trims and moldings on the company’s website. A “Design Your Own Bathroom” tool lets you design a bathtub or shower with different bases, colors, wall patterns and accessories to see what the finished product will look like.

Bath Fitter cost

Bath Fitter offers specialized services, so the cost varies based on each homeowner’s needs. The company recommends contacting its representatives for a custom solution and quote. You can schedule a free virtual consultation on Bath Fitter’s website, and the company’s services include a lifetime warranty that lasts for as long as you own your home.

Bath Fitter FAQ

What is the average cost of a Bath Fitter installation?
The average cost of a Bath Fitter installation depends on each homeowner’s or facility’s needs. Schedule a free consultation on the Bath Fitter website for a personalized price estimate.
How long does it take to install a bath fitter?
Bath Fitter can install your new bathtub or shower enclosure and walls in as little as one day.
What does Bath Fitter’s warranty cover?
Bath Fitter’s warranty covers acrylic bathtubs, tub surrounds, replacement showers and shower conversions.
Does Bath Fitter do plumbing?
Bath Fitter’s process doesn’t include demolition or plumbing work. Instead, the company places the new structure over your existing bathtub.
Does mold grow under a Bath Fitter shell?
Yes, mold or mildew can grow under a Bath Fitter enclosure. Regular maintenance is required to keep buildup or residue from growing.

Is Bath Fitter worth it?

Bath Fitter helps individuals remodel their bathrooms with little to no construction. The company’s demolition-free process is ideal for those who’d like to update their current bathtub or shower for aesthetic or safety reasons. While it’s challenging to determine the price of services upfront, Bath Fitter lets customers easily book a virtual design consultation for more information. We recommend Bath Fitter for customers in search of an affordable and noninvasive remodeling solution.

Bath Fitter Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

The salesman who came and talked to us about Bath Fitter was a very personable young man and was absolutely phenomenal. He walked us through the whole program and he said, “Hey, here’s how it’s all gonna go, and you’ll get a callback. And we’ll set up a time to come and do an estimate for you or do the measuring.” Then, I got a phone call from one of the Bath Fitter locations and they said, “Hey, we’re running a little bit behind on stuff. You should hear back from us in a week or so. And we haven't forgotten about you.” So, I waited 3 more weeks and didn't hear anything.

I called our sales rep guy back and said, “Hey. It’s not like I’m mad, but I just kinda feel like I’m being ignored. I just wanna know whether we’d plan for this in a week or in six months.” It wasn’t even 10 minutes later that I got a callback from Bath Fitter. The gal on the phone apologized and said, “Hey, we’ll get you set up, what works for you.” And within a week or so, a schedule was in.

The installation guy was in and out in one day and he was absolutely amazing. He was a very personable and polite young man, and I never met people more polite. I told him, “You don’t need to bother taking your shoes off, dude.” “No. It’s your house, not mine.” I asked, “Do I need to move that or do this?” And he said, “Listen, it’s your house.” He did all the work and the quality was remarkable.

The final product looks amazing. It was outstanding that I’ve taken pictures of it and sent it to my friends and family. My old house was built in ’76 and it's that little thing where one goes down and there's a hallway where all three bedrooms are in a cluster right at the end and the bathroom’s off to the right. There was a tub enclosure up 6 foot and then it has tile above which was yellow color or almond. It was definitely outdated. So, we went with the acrylic all the way to the ceiling and then the frameless doors. Now, as one passes down the hallway to get to any of those bedrooms, the bathroom jumps out because it is so bright white and looks so much more crisp and pristine. We love it.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for sharing your experience Don! We are so glad to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction!!

Get buying tips about Bathroom Remodeling Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Resolution response: Feb. 20, 2020

We had 2 bathrooms done, one was a tub/shower to tub/shower and the other was a tub/shower to walk in shower. Both were completed in less than 2 days.
    I was initially a little concerned about my tile base molding in one and the regular base molding in the other since the space required for the new was more than the existing. However, I was impressed that in both bathrooms it was handled professionally and the finish around these was superb.

I'd like to mention the installers as they were meticulous in covering my wood floors as they worked in and out of the house and cleaned up any mess caused in the bathrooms from the work. Thomas and Johnathan were both very professional and courteous.

We really appreciate the quick install turnaround with very minimal disruption to our life.

Thank you Bath Fitter.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

We just agreed to use Bath Fitter for our project. I will update when it is completed but our salesperson David ** was very personable, down to earth and represented the company very well with confidence and enthusiasm. He obviously has a passion for the business and did not stir us to more than what we were looking for. Add to this the reputation and value of the products they offer we are looking forward to our install.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for sharing your experience Yves! We look forward to your feedback once everything is completed!!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

We hired Bath Fitters in Centerville, Ohio August 2018 to refit our decaying bath tub and shower. The representative came to our home with a very thorough presentation and never once pressured us to sign on the dotted line, really appreciated his professional approach. Installation was scheduled in a timely manner with updates on our order status regularly. The installer was very respectful of our home and did an outstanding job by completing the installation within one day. Very pleased with the service we received from everyone involved in the process.

Just recently (January 2020) we had an incident in the shower stall that damaged some the plumbing. We called and was put in touch with Bath Fitters Customer Service. The young lady (sorry can't remember her name) took immediate action in scheduling a service tech to come to the home the next day between 12 & 2. I get a call at 12 noon that they will be here in 10 minutes, and he was. The service tech took control of the situation and found the best approach to fix the problem, it was a pretty extensive job to complete and your tech took it in stride and had our shower ready for business within 3 hours. To our surprise the job was finished and no payment was expected. He wished us a Happy New Year and left with a smile on his face for a job WELL DONE.

It's good to know there is at least one company that truly values the relationship with their customers and places high value on their integrity and backs up their Life Time Warranty with commitment to your satisfaction. Thank You Bath Fitters in Centerville, Ohio, I will highly recommend your business to anyone who would need your service. Michael

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review William! We are so glad to hear our team was able to provide you with a great experience. Thank you for your business!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

The Bath Fitter rep was telling me that they could put in a brand-new bathtub, but I told him that I was not looking for a tub over a tub. I wanna get rid of the old tub. He told me that they have brand-new tubs. I then asked him if they were the stainless steel with the enamel on them. He replied no, and that they were acrylic. I said that was good and that was even better.

The rep then explained the whole process about putting in what they call a retainer, like you have on your hot water tank, which is a basin underneath the tub. And that was great. So if something ever happens to the tub and accidentally punctures through, at least the tub won't leak all over the floor. It will leak right into the retaining tub until I can get the thing drained. He also explained the acrylic wall, and I was very impressed with the caulking. It is some type of special caulking that doesn't yellow or shrink up. I didn't believe him until I saw it put in, then I was convinced that it really does not shrink up and it really looks nice and goes on nice too.

John, the salesperson, came out to talk to me about exactly what I wanted. He looked at everything and he confirmed with me that I wanted a shower and a bath tub. I told him yes, and then he asked me if I wanted a walk-in shower. I told him no and that I wanted a shower and a bath tub. I also wanted a handheld shower head and a shower head. And he told me that they could do that. He then explained that they would put in the three quarter inch plywood and reinforce it, and he asked me how many safety bars I wanted. I told him two. One at the entrance as you are going into the tub so you can hold on to it, and then one while you're in the tub that you can get up out of. He said okay, and then he measured everything.

After that, the pre-installer came out and he did his job by measuring everything and verifying where everything was and what to turn off. I just had plumbing redone in the house with plumbing, so I had to turn off valves everywhere. So they didn't even have to turn the water off, and they could just turn the water off going to the tub.

The installer came out, and he did a marvelous job. He tore everything out, put the plywood up, and encased the window that was there in acrylic, which John had already measured for. It really looked fabulous. I was very, very satisfied, and then he put a toilet in for me. And it only took him two days to do it. Then he got rid of all the old stuff, so I didn't have to mess with any of that crap.

I then decided to get my main bathroom done. I had a garden tub and an old shower that was too small to stand in or sit in, even though it had a bench. So John came back out and looked at it and gave me an estimate on it and we signed a contract. The same installation guy came out, and he tore out the old shower, and put plywood up instead of drywall, so I can put shelves in there. He put the three quarter-inch plywood up and I can now build my shelves in there, and then put cupboard doors on it, and it'll be a big old cupboard.

They put this walk-in shower with glass doors. It's 4 x 6 in the shower itself, and then the bench is on the back end, and they encased all that in acrylic, and they put up a sidewall. So the sidewall is on the back where the bench is. When you're sitting on the bench, you can sit back there and nobody can see you. It was all done very, very nicely. The only thing was he got me a handheld shower and I had to buy a holder for it. So if I'm sitting on the bench and wanna shave my legs, I can just hook the thing there and turn the thing off and turn it on when I want to. It's like living in luxury.

It was a massive project. It took him two full days to do it, but he had to cut my shutoff valves off. I asked him why he did that and he replied that he couldn't reach them. But I showed him this big open panel that he could access the water, and he said he forgot about that. When he left, I thought about it, and the next day I called Bath Fitter back up and told them that I paid good money for those shutoff valves, and I wanted a shutoff valve put back on. I had four of them, two cold water and two hot water, and he took all of them. Also, he cut off the pipes going up to the shower and he kept off the drain. His brother came back two days later and put the shutoff valves on and they work fine and everything was good. So it was good response. If I had a problem, I could call Bath Fitter and they would fix it. I was very pleased. If I had any more projects, I'd have Bath Fitter do them.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Estelle, thank you for sharing your wonderful experience!!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2020

Very well finished, the installer Peter had done a great job, later on I found a small crack on one of the glass door, Bath Fitter get a replacement in less than 10 days and has it installed by Daniel ** perfectly. Highly recommended.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Antonius! We are so glad to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction!!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

I would to thank Peter and Justin for taking every safety concern with the covid and their knowledge of a high quality job, For doing our tub to shower conversion, I would highly recommend them. They are the best people. Very kind and caring.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Richard! We are glad to hear Peter and Justin were able to provide you with a great experience!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2020

We did the consultation and picked everything we wanted Sept. 25th, 2020. Long story short, I just got at call at 7:15 am today (Nov. 3rd) canceling the install again. This is the third delay and second canceled install, none of which have been our fault. If today's installer called in sick, give us another worker instead of canceling us at the last moment (TWO TIMES NOW) since we have already been waiting almost SIX WEEKS. My advice, don't count on getting your install the next-day!

Bath Fitter response

Hi Robin, this is not the type of experience we strive to provide and we apologize for these delays. As you mentioned, our installer was unable to meet the appointment today and your installation requires one of our more senior installers so we were unable to schedule another installer for the same day. We have scheduled you for an appointment this Friday 11/6. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

Erin ** did a great job on our tub/shower install... It looks very good and we are very happy with the results. Weird to think you can completely change the look of your bathroom in just one day!! We hope to do our other shower in the future.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Amy and Donald, thank you for your review! We are thrilled to hear everything was completed to your satisfaction!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2020

After having a shower installed I had to have #BATH FITTER come out 3 times to re-caulk the base. After the 3rd time the ceramic tiles in front of the unit began to crack. #BATH FITTER sent a plumber out who said he couldn't figure out the problem and it "was above his pay grade". That was before that was almost 2 months ago. The #BATH FITTER District Mgr will not return my calls and was only responding by text. When I asked how they would handle the mold problem he would not respond. I have kicked it up to #BATH FITTER corporate and they told me to wait while they check it out. If I had to do it over again I would not use #BATH FITTER again. No telling when or if #BATH FITTER will repair the damage that they caused.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Robert, we can appreciate your frustration. Our team is working on assisting you in this matter. Please let us know if you require any further assistance in the meantime.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

We had a tub system installed 12/31/2018. As soon as the installer came to the house (one hour early) there were problems. He arrived with the wrong color and design, we refused the order.within an hour the correct Bath Fitter wall and tub arrived, god only knows how well that was done. The guy almost put the hand held shower in the wrong spot(if i wasn't there to watch him it would have been) I had to run out to purchase the holder as they didn't order it with the faucet we purchased thru them. I had to point our that the caulking was not done around the new faucet etc. He quickly did that( it was a holiday so he was rushed). WE waited the 24 hours to allow the tub to dry.

My mom took a shower which resulted with the kitchen ceiling coming down and floor flooded. Multiple calls to Bath Fitter, no response.WE had to hire a plumber to come and work on the pipes from inside the ceiling as not to disturb the new wall. The plumber informed us the Bath Fitter installer broke the drain. BBB had to be called because no one was returning calls. BathFitter finally returned cal land paid for the plumber bill for the drain. NOW moving forward, the tub is leaking between the liner and the tub. My mother is elderly and trying to stand on basically a water bed, is dangerous. I have seen multiple videos on how to fix, by drilling hole in liner etc not by Bath Fitter. I have already put in one call to bathfitters with no luck. DO NOT PURCHASE! this was a waste of thousands of dollars. Now what are we supposed to do? Shame on you Bath Fitters!

Bath Fitter response

Hi Maureen, we are sorry to hear about this issue and we would like the opportunity to reach out and discuss further. Our team has reached out but they have not heard back from you. Please give them at call at your earliest convenience at 631-956-1459. Thank you.

Bath Fitter Company Information