Consumer Reviews and Complaints

• 4 stars46
  • 3 stars21
  • 2 stars13
  • 1 stars38

Bath Fitter is North America's leading acrylic bathtub, shower enclosure and tub-to-shower conversion company. Our bathtub refinishing products are custom molded to fit over existing fixtures for quick and clean bathroom renovations that last a lifetime. Best of all, we can complete the installation in just one day without compromising quality.

From beginning to finish, Bath Fitter was amazing. I am a teacher and my boyfriend works long hours. Every step of the way they worked with our schedules to visit our home, do the measurements and complete the work. The shower looks AMAZING and gives my whole bathroom a facelift. I would absolutely recommend them for this type of work.

I inquired about Bath Fitter at a trade show and they sent out a friendly person to look over our needs. We decided to have Bath Fitter install a new tub/shower and it was completed in much less time than they estimated and at a very reasonable cost compared to a whole new tub and shower. The installation took less than 6 hours and there was hardly any interruption to our routine on the day of installation which had to be done on a Saturday, that were able to accommodate our request without hassle. I am considering doing the other showers in our house, and would recommend them to anyone. They do a great job and the quality is second to none, no kidding!!!

We are so glad to have had Bath Fitter install a walk-in shower. The installer was very prompt arriving on the day of scheduled installation. The shower was installed in 2 days, with nothing to clean up. The installer was very helpful in keeping the area clean by putting down a drop cloth over the area he would use through the house for the installation. This was a very good experience on the installation. Best we have every experienced. We would highly recommend Bath Fitter to all our friends. It's true - all they need is 2 days to install.

I was completely satisfied with my experience dealing with explaining what they would do until Mike installed my new bathroom. Bath Fitter is a great company that stands behind their product.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had an inspection on a rental property and we were told that we needed to remove the molds in the bathroom. We tried to do that, but there was rot, so we had Bath Fitter come in, and they did a wonderful job. They were quick, reasonable, and the tub, as well as the tub surround we got from them were good.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

I am very happy with my new shower. It is large and very safe. The installation was done well and quickly. The sales person made several good suggestions, which turned out very well. I would recommend Bath Fitter to anyone who wants a new shower. I have shown several of my neighbors and they were very impressed.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I emailed Bath Fitter late one night at about 10:30, wanting to get information from them. And by 8:30 the next morning, I had a phone call and an appointment set up for that evening. The sales rep was very informative, knowledgeable and left a cellphone number in case we had any questions. They were very customer service-oriented, from the appointment, the payment, the measuring, the sales perspective and even the installation. I purchased the bathtub insert and the floor to ceiling wall and I love the quality. They were great.

We had a great experience with all involved with Bath Fitter. They were friendly, professional, informative and answered all our concerns. The job was finished in one day as promised and the cleanup was excellent. I highly recommend them!

They did a great job on my two bathroom. They were fast! I would recommend Bath Fitter to anyone. Their workers were very careful and cleaned up after themselves. The fit and finish of the job was perfect!

Hello,

Thanks for writing and letting us know about this. We want to rectify the situation. It has been brought to our attention that this has been addressed by the corporate customer care team and that they have reached out to you to find out more information. Please inform us if this is not the case and we will make sure that this situation is addressed immediately.

Original review: July 20, 2016

I contacted Bath Fitter back in March 2016 about a bath tub liner in an upstairs bath, and redoing shower in Master bathroom. I eventually got a salesman out to the house in April only to inaccurately measure the shower project in which I am still trying to resolve today, July 2016. 3 months later and I am using a walk in shower with a shower curtain and plenty of towels to avoid flooding my bathroom! There has been one problem after another from scheduling to rescheduling (I have to take off work for each of these conflicts). Installer damaging wall and floor tile. The entire process has been a nightmare for my family and I, and when you call the office, they casually say it will be taken care of with no sense of urgency, yet my credit card has been charged in FULL!!! I do not recommend this company!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had Bath Fitter do work in my house in Maryland when the company first started out advertising. I have another house in Delaware and it had a soak-in tub that I couldn't get in and out of. My neighbors had Bath Fitter down to look at doing their shower and I got them to come put a handicap shower for myself in this house too. The installer was great and he cleaned up after himself. He was polite and got all of it done except for a little bit. He had to come back on a Friday for about an hour to finish it up. When he left, the tools he brought in, he took right back out if he didn't need them. I made the purchase this past year and it's been wonderful. I'm very happy with everything and I would recommend Bath Fitter to anybody.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My parent's house is original from 1963 and have never been done within. The tub and the tile in the bathroom were in good condition and I didn't want to go through the demolition of everything. I had Bath Fitter do the tub and surround. The sales rep was very nice, explained everything and showed me the book with all the different styles and colors that I can pick from. I bought the tub middle of April and they installed it sometime in May. The person who did the installation was lovely and did it all in one day. He did a great job and I'm very happy with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

MI have rental properties and one steel bathtub was rusting and another cast iron bathtub was badly stained. We also had a fiberglass one that we had tried to recover and the stuff we used to refinish it cracked after about two years, so I needed to get new bathtubs. Bath Fitter seemed to be efficient and showed up on time. They replaced two of the bathtubs and put a liner in the cast iron tub. I had two different installers. One guy did two bathrooms and another guy did the other. They seemed to know what they were doing and everything seems to be fine.

I bought a house and the bathroom needed remodelling. I had talked to somebody about it but he didn’t give me enough information or didn’t do what he said he was gonna do as far as a quote. I was still mulling it over when I saw the ad of Bath Fitter. I called them and they got a sales guy out the same day. He was extremely nice, pleasant, and very informative. The installer was also very polite and he kept right at working at it and was very neat. I liked the product and I just knew it was gonna be a good way to go. I'm pleased with Bath Fitter.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had Bath Fitter come and do an estimate for the installation of a shower. We had an upstairs bathroom that never had a tub, but I wanted to convert it into a shower. Bath Fitter's estimate was good for us and it was what we could afford. The sales rep came over, did the estimate, and explained what was needed to be done. He was very nice. We had worked on where to install a shower and the installer just put in a tub over the previous bathtub, and did the shower there. The installer did all the work in one day. This was completed last December and the quality was very good. Overall, it was a great experience and we're thankful to have the work done.

Hello,

Thanks so much for writing and letting us know about this. We are so sorry for any inconvenience that this has caused you. We take your feedback very seriously and want you to know that this has already been passed onto the corporate customer care team. The customer care team will get in contact with your local branch and make sure this situation is addressed immediately.

Please update us with your situation.

Original review: July 15, 2016

I contacted Bath Fitter-San Diego to have my master bathroom remodeled from a tub/shower to a roll in shower flush with the floor for easy access utilizing a roll in shower chair. Eila was my first contact and seemed nice and acknowledged right away my need for my master bath tub/shower conversion needs. Barbara in sales contacted me and I described to her my needs as well. She confirmed she could accommodate my needs for the master bath tub/shower conversion. The estimated cost was roughly $7K. I thought this was high but she said the master bath would need additional work on the plumbing and jack hammering would be necessary for the existing tub to be taken out to get the floor flush for a roll in.

The installation tech arrived while my tenant was there and began working on the WRONG bathroom shower. My tenant told the tech "you are doing the WRONG shower". He did not call anyone to confirm my tenants statement and warning. The tech made the decision to move forward in the WRONG shower. The installation consisted of wall product glued and applied to the tile and a shower pan dropped in with trim all in the WRONG shower. This shower installation was on top of my travertine shower which had beautiful glass doors, replaced with a shower curtain and a step to go over. I couldn't use this shower if I wanted to with a roll in shower chair.

The sole purpose of me contacting Bath Fitter was to reconstruct and install a "roll in shower" in my master bathroom so I could use my roll in shower chair. The salesperson was well aware of my needs and what I wanted. Justin and Barbara came to my home to try and resolve the problem of them installing the WRONG shower. He did offer to complete my bath to roll in shower at no additional cost. I told him I wanted my guest shower they ruined returned to its original state. He said this couldn't be done. I have been in business for over 50 years and his answer was completely unacceptable. I would not even consider having this company do another thing in my home. I do not recommend them at all. It turns out with elbow grease and the right contractor the shower could be restored to its original tile. Bath Fitter installation removal seen below shows they wanted to charge $7K to apply with glue a product on the walls and a shower pan with white caulking.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My mom’s parents have used Bath Fitter. My bathroom needed some work done and I was referred them. We got the walk-in shower and the installation went great. I don’t have any issues with anybody that we spoke to from Bath Fitter. We’re having some difficulty cleaning the glass door though and have not found a product that gets it clean. We just tried out one final thing this weekend, it didn’t work and we'll be calling Bath Fitter about it

We were very pleased with the new tub and subway tile surrounding the tub. We worried about plumbing issues since our house is old but everything went smoothly and what they thought would be 2-day (or at least a day and 1/2 job) turned into a single day. Looks great!

From the sales presentation to the installation, the service was excellent and professional. I would highly recommend to anyone. The finished bathroom looks great.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Bath Fitter was out there when my mom and I went off to the expo center and I liked what I saw. Everybody was really nice. The installers did really well. The shower has come in real handy with my puppies because they like to get out there when they get all muddy. I love it. I was really pleased and I'm happy with everything.

I recently got my bathroom done and I love it. Everything that was promised was done. Customer service awesome. The young man that installed our tub did an awesome job in the time frame that was given & very professional. So glad we called Bath Fitter. Would definitely recommend to my friends & family. Worth every cent.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our bathroom was still decorated in the 50's style with mint green tiles and was yucky, and our other shower in another bathroom was falling apart, so it was time to remodel. We visited with some other remodeling companies and left our names, but Bath Fitter was the only one that contacted us, and they came out and their product looked good, so we went with them.

It was in November before we went to Arizona for the winter when we first talked to them and made a down payment. It was excellent with the sales rep. He was great. He helped us with the textures and how we wanted the tile or the fiberglass to look. We got from them a new tub and walls for the first bathroom and a new shower for the second bathroom, and the quality of our purchases were great. Then we went to Arizona after Christmas, came back in April, and the Bath Fitter guys called us right away because we told them to call us in April. The installation team were great, too. They put in the remodel and got this done in April.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were having some problems with the ceramic tile popping out. It was old so we thought we needed to replace it. We wanted to make sure it was something we were only going to have to do once, so we went with Bath Fitter. The sales rep came to our house, gave us a quote and went over and showed us everything. He was very nice and knowledgeable. The guy who did our install ran into some trouble. The measurements were a little bit off. They had planned on it being a day but ended up having to come back but that was fine with us because he did a really great job. We were very pleased with it. He cleaned up real well after himself. When he had to come back the next day, he was very apologetic because we only have one bathroom. He felt bad but we understood and he did the best he could.

We had 2 bathrooms done by Bath Fitter and we are very satisfied. They were very professional and respectful. It is not cheap, but the work and the results we got were terrific! The fact that it is guaranteed for life is amazing! We would recommend Bath Fitter to anyone who is ready to update their bathroom without the mess (and cost) of tearing out the existing one.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I just moved out of a big mansion into this little house, as my last home and I'm getting old and got tired of stepping over a bathtub, so I needed to do something and switched to a shower. I went with Bath Fitter as it was recommended to me by my daughter and somebody who has one told me they're pleased with it, in which I am too. The sales representative was very helpful and the installation guy was very good. I would only make one change that I wanted to do and the installation guy didn't seem to want to do it. He recommended that the safety grips/bars to be put vertically and I would've preferred it horizontally as I think it's safer, but it was working okay.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

One of the house we own is a 1965 house and the bathroom was still in the original condition from when the house was bought. It needed some remodeling and we already had the other bathrooms done a couple of years ago with Bath Fitter. Their sales reps were very helpful that's why we keep coming back. The installers were very good at describing everything and cleaned up terrifically. They're in and out very easily. We don't like something that we're going to be toiling up for a long time getting done and then cleaning it up afterwards.

I am writing this review because the whole thing was done in a caring and listening and helpful way. I now have a beautiful bathtub/surround which I desperately needed. The yuck was removed and all new siding put in, and then a beautiful surface. It's so wonderful to have had this done! And my expert was Luke, and he cleaned up everything and left it just beautiful and much safer too.

Bath Fitter has modified both our shower stall in one bathroom and a tub/shower in another. The quality of the materials is excellent as is the workmanship of the

installation. The material used is easy to clean and beautiful to look at. We are happy to have chosen Bath Fitter twice, and would recommend them to anyone we encounter in the future who is looking for a refreshing bath/shower makeover.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We're in an older townhome and our bathroom was one of the things that we wanted to update. I was looking for different patterns that I wanted in the bathroom on the internet, and I looked at Bath Fitter. I saw what I wanted with them and called them. I purchased the insert around the tub, and the quality is good. The installation guy was pleasant to talk to, and he came in and worked efficiently. Everything went really well. We're satisfied.

Hello,

Thanks for writing and letting us know. It has been brought to our attention that your situation has been addressed by our corporate customer care team, but we have sent this through to them. Please continue to follow up with updates of your Bath Fitter experience and feel free to email customercare@bathfitter.com directly as well.

Original review: July 7, 2016

Salesman came to my house in May 2016 and as of this date of 07/07/16 we have not gotten phone about the install. I have called the salesman and each time I am told he will take of it, but still nothing. I just hope the install goes better than the service up front. They have my money and I would not recommend this company. Customer service is terrible...

Bath Fitter Company Profile