Call toll free
4.47/5
Based on 563 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Bath Fitter is North America's leading acrylic bathtub, shower enclosure and tub-to-shower conversion company. Our bathtub refinishing products are custom molded to fit over existing fixtures for quick and clean bathroom renovations that last a lifetime. Best of all, we can complete the installation in just one day without compromising quality.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

3401 Bath Fitter Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 12, 2018

We had our bathroom redone on 7/11/2018. The installer, Yuniesky, was fantastic. We are so pleased with his work and how our bathroom came out. He installed our new vanity for us too. Although the job was supposed to be done in one day, they could not get 2 people to come out to our house so he had to work alone. It took him 2 days instead of 1 but he was so nice and helpful it was ok that he had to come back the next day. He was very accommodating to the fact that we have a 4 month old, and did his best to work his loud banging or sawing around her napping. The work is seamless and worth every penny. I highly recommend using Bath Fitter to redo your bathroom and to ask for Yuniesky if you are in the South Florida area!

Bath Fitter response

Hi Joy, thank you so much for your kind review! We are glad to hear that you are so pleased with Yuniesky's work and your new Bath Fitter unit. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us and we'll make sure that Yuniesky gets the recognition he deserves! Thanks a lot for your business and have a wonderful day!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Resolution In Progress
Original review: July 6, 2018

We have a vacation rental home on a lake which we hired Bath Fitters from Huntsville, Alabama to install a new shower in. The first installation went well with a few minor fixes that needed to be done. In April of this year, a second installer was sent out to correct the issues. We recently installed a security camera at our home. The installer remained at our home from 8 a.m. and DECIDED HE WOULD SPEND THE NIGHT AT OUR HOME without any authorization from me, the home owner!!! I guess he decided he needed a vacation!! I contacted Bath Fitter the next morning to relay my complete disbelief that the installer spent the night at my vacation home. I spoke with the branch manager who was going to speak with the installer later that day and call me back. I have not spoken with the branch manager since the incident. We had to inventory our home, have cleaners re-clean before our next renters came and have the locks rekeyed.

AS IF THIS WASN'T BAD ENOUGH - the shower is stalled over an encapsulated crawl space that we use to store extra items that we will use in the future at our vacation rental. (Rugs, furniture etc.) We have a de-humidifier inside the large crawl space to keep the items in good condition. We needed an item from the crawl space a week ago and discovered the crawl space full of old, smelly, stagnant water and our items had been water damaged and full of mold. We discovered that the drain was not connected to the plumbing from the shower that had been installed months earlier. Our renters (up to 14 people at a time are allowed in our house) had been taking shower for 2 months and all of the water was going directly into the crawl space. We have so much damage to the items and the water has leaked into our downstairs bedroom and damaged the carpet and baseboards.

Unbelievably the Bath Fitter branch sent their plumber out as the representative of the company to deal with the issue. He was very nice and fixed the plumbing issue but still not a word from the branch manager on how all of this will be addressed and paid for. I sent pictures and the office person told me she had forwarded them to the branch manager but not a word from him. I could not recommend Bath Fitter to anyone.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Tracey, thank you for bringing this to our attention as we take those matters very seriously. We connected with our local Bath Fitter branch and they will be in touch shortly to address your concerns. We apologize for the inconvenience and we will make sure to make this right. Sincerely, - the Bath Fitter team

Resolution In Progress
Original review: July 4, 2018

On 4/25/18 I had a tub to shower conversion installed. My shower has two scratches on the back wall. Due to the technician cutting the wall on driveway and stepping on it as he was cutting it. Thought it was a very odd thing for him to do. Did not know the ramifications until I stepped into the shower to inspect it. I called the warranty company and they said they would fix the problem. A few month later I got a call from sales representative Brian ** who was very rude to me. Not the same nice pitching selling representative that came to my house. Buyer beware he is not the person to talk to if you have a problem. He only cares about his sales pitch. Not sure why he called me anyway. The situation was already taken care of.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Angela, we appreciate you taking the time to bring this to our attention and allowing us the opportunity to make it right. We're happy to know that your local Bath Fitter branch has been in touch to address and resolve your concerns. Customer service is important to us and we hope everything was done to your complete satisfaction! Sincerely - The Bath Fitter team

Original review: July 3, 2018

The first enclosure was scratched by the employee that installed it, he also put the shower doors on backward and the caulking was a mess. The fix to the scratched shower was a second enclosure that was glued over the first one, but then doors were found to be the wrong size (had to wait several weeks for the correct size) and again the caulking was a mess. The sales pitch is an enclosure is be installed in 1 to 2 days, it took months being I had to wait on the second employee to come to my home to fix the mess the first employee made and weeks waiting for the correct shower doors... I paid approximately 8,000.00.

Original review: June 28, 2018

The product appears satisfactory. The initial install was timely but we had a few problems along the way. The receptionist Lizette did not follow up phone messages when we had problems. The supervisor was to get back to me in two business days - have not heard from that person after two days. We have called and talked with a few different people can’t seem to resolve the problems. There seems to be some communication difficulties in addition to our problems. So our problems: 1) the installer broke our light fixture - Lizette told us to go ahead and get what we need to replace what was broken. We did but for some reason she thought light fixture meant light bulb. We have yet to determine if this will be covered because we can’t reach anyone. 2) We had the job scheduled one month ahead of friends coming to stay - the job is not done yet friends arrive tomorrow.

The hot cold lever won’t stay in place. It falls to the cold position. We told Lizzette this. She sent a technician out to replace the faceplate because it was the wrong kit (oh we took the day off from work once but the technician never showed!). When he finally did show one week later he wasn’t able to fix the lever problem because it’s a plumbers role. We called again 'cause there was no follow through two days ago and talked with someone who said a manager would reach me in two days. No resolution yet after two days - I guess my guests will be taking cold showers 'cause the lever isn’t fixed. So if you want your bathroom done in one day don’t call Bath Fitter!

Bath Fitter response

Hi Lori, thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention. This does not sound like the experience we strive for and we'd love the opportunity to make things right. We connected with our local branch and we were pleased to hear that they have been in touch and are working with you towards resolving your concerns. Customer service is very important to us so please do not hesitate to let us know if we can be of further assistance. Thanks!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

Original review: June 28, 2018

We have had our Bath Fitter bathroom since 2006. Recently, we have discovered water between our liner and the tub underneath. The Bath Fitter representative made a first visit to our home. He said that he tried to squeeze out what water he could and the rest would evaporate in 2 weeks. It’s two weeks later and the water is still there. He makes a return trip and repeats the process. We ask him and the customer service representative just where this water will evaporate to in a closed system. We get no reasonable answer from either. Finally we call Bath Fitter one more time. The representative states that if the silicone that they used fails, the warranty is void. I am trying to sell this house. I need answers, not excuses!

Bath Fitter response

Hi Diane, we appreciate you taking the time to bring this to our attention as this does not sound like the experience we strive for. We have been in touch with your local Bath Fitter branch and we were glad to hear they were able to address your concerns. We apologize for the inconvenience and we hope our team was able to resolve this to your complete satisfaction. Sincerely - the Bath Fitter team

Original review: June 26, 2018

I often receive Bath Fitter pamphlets here in my home. I have been living at this address for almost 10 years now and only recently I started been worried about doing renovation in my bathrooms. I then went to Bath Fitter to make an appraisal, get prices, etc. Before contact the company, however, I read some reviews at the WEB and I was surprised when part of the complaints were for lack of completeness of the contact. People wrote in some reviews that they called the Bath Fitter technicians to evaluate the best solution and get prices, but something was missing and the budget had to be completed later. People complained that (after the first technician visit) no one else searched for them, that there was no continuity in the contacts. I noticed that in some cases reported people from the company, maybe managers, apologized on behalf of the company and promised to continue the contacts.

Even with these situations in the reviews, I searched Bath Fitter where I was very well attended, first by phone, then in person at a company unit on Finch Ave E. At this location, I agreed that a technician would come to visit me, evaluate the best solution and give me a price for the services and products to be used. On April 5, 2018, John (who informed me that his family has been in the business for many years and has a branch in Barrie, ON) came to my condo and noticed that I had two bathrooms to renovate. One of them required some analysis of the type of door to be installed and I - before John's arrival - had removed the wallpaper and a piece of wood, which made the place look a little ugly. John looked at it with some disgust (as if it was the worst bathroom in the world) and said that for this bathroom, he would need the opinion of his manager.

He told me that the manager would communicate with me in the next few days. He gave me a appraisal for the other bathroom and so I waited a week without no contact from people of Bath Fitter. Then I called John on the phone, who said that I had to continue waiting for the manager's response so that I could get a appraisal for the second bathroom. John told me that the manager would communicate with me soon. Well, it's the end of June now and no one has ever come to me. Fortunately, the bathrooms are working properly and I do not have any leakage issues. However I was very unimpressed by the lack of continuity in the contacts. I am as stunned now as I was when I read the reviews. Now, I am confirming that there is indeed something very strange happening in Bath Fitter customer service.

Original review: June 24, 2018

July 2017 Rick from Bath Fitter came to our home for a free estimate on a new tub/shower in our main bathroom. He was very good at explaining my options and how things worked. The only thing that bothered me was that he kept asking when my husband would be home and if we should wait for him. I felt he didn't think I was capable of making the decision and paying for the product myself. Other than that Rick was very nice and helpful. Mark installed the tub in August and did a wonderful job. He laid drop cloths to protect my carpet. He was professional, friendly and finished the job in one day. The whole process was smooth and pain free for me and my husband.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Debbie, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! We are very happy to hear that Rick and Mark were able to make this bathroom remodel pain free for you and your husband! Thanks again for your business and feedback, as it will help us improve. Have a great day!

Original review: June 19, 2018

When we were in the estimate phase the salesperson led us to believe that we could buy our own custom door and that the Bath Fitter installer would "mostly likely" install it for a small additional fee (on the side I assumed). I thought that Steve was honestly trying to help us save some money. Install day comes around and Eric the installer was very nice and efficient at his job and tool the required 2 days to complete the retrofit. When done I asked if he would install the door which he looked at and to me he couldn't install it outside the deal but Steve (the original salesperson) would come on a Saturday and install it himself.

Saturday comes and I get a call from Steve saying he could only install the original door and for $250.00 or if I want the new door hung I would have to go through the company and it would be $850.00. He apologized for the "misunderstanding" when he intentionally led me to believe they would hang the door with no problems and a small fee. It was a deceptive selling tactic just to get me to sign for what appears to be an overpriced shower Retrofit ($6 Grand worth.) THEN after blowing off his lie like it was nothing, had the audacity to try and drill me for an additional $850.00.

I was a fresh homeowner with a pocket of cash and the need to have things done right away so I let myself believe Steve was really trying to help us when all he was doing was saying whatever he needed to say to get us to sign. Again Eric the Installer was Great and we hold no animosity towards him whatsoever. Does anyone have an installer for a heavy glass door for a reasonable price on speed dial???

Bath Fitter response

Hi Jim, Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We’d love the opportunity to investigate. We’ve shared your information with your local office management and they will be in touch with you shortly to further discuss the situation. Thank you again for reaching out and giving us the opportunity to address your concerns.

Original review: June 19, 2018

We met a rep from Bath Fitter at a fair and he said that he had one installed and showed us pictures and it was really nice. So we had a new bathtub/shower unit put in. The installer, Adam, was very helpful and knowledgeable about the product.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Elizabeth, we are glad to hear you had a great experience with us. We appreciate the call-out and will make sure that Adam gets the recognition he deserves. Thank you!

Original review: June 18, 2018

I was down at the Quakertown Farmers Market here in Pennsylvania and I heard of Bath Fitter so I figured I would them a shot.xcI kept my own bathtub but I bought the ceiling and the whole tub surround. I started this project with them in March and the sales rep who explained it was very detailed and very professional. I understood everything that he said and then he gave me time to think about what my decision would be without any pressure. The installation guy did the work fairly good. However, when he set that whole unit of the hot and cold water in the bathtub, it didn't have a white seal that was like a glue type of material. So when the water drips down, it goes right through the hole of the bathtub piece. It’s my expense but it would be nice if that unit had a seal. Nevertheless, I would recommend Bath Fitter to a friend.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Nancy, Thank you for your feedback. We strive to make sure our clients are completely satisfied. We will be contacting you shortly to discuss your concerns in regards to the seal further. Thank you!

Original review: June 17, 2018

We saw Bath Fitter at a trade show in Decatur, Illinois and we liked the style of their bathroom remodel, so we went with them. We purchased the tub cover and surround, and the shower. We also got the shelves in the corner. The sales rep was really polite and the installer was super nice too. We’re a hundred percent pleased and satisfied with what we got.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Kenneth, we are happy you enjoyed your experience with us to warrant a 5-star rating! Thank you so much for sharing!

Original review: June 17, 2018

I wanted something that could be done in a timely fashion so I went with Bath Fitter. The sales rep that came out here, Dave, was very good and thorough. He laid everything out specifically. I had a tub-shower combo in one of the bathrooms and then a shower in the other bathroom. There was also a shelving unit put into the shower. Josh was the first installer and he was very good. I would consider him a totally professional individual. It took me and my husband five minutes to clean up a little dust here and there and that was it. Also, I had a budget and it stayed within the budget. I was very happy. But I need to have them contact me about the little putty I can't get off the door.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Edna, Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your great experience! We appreciate the call-outs and will make sure Dave & Josh get the recognition they deserve. Enjoy your new Bath Fitter product!

Original review: June 16, 2018

With Bath Fitter, the process was good and their price was right and better than other remodeling companies. Also, we liked the presentation of the sales rep. So, we went with Bath Fitter and we purchased a tub, a shower, and a couple of shelves. We previously got an estimate from Bath Fitter in 2017 and the rep was fine, but we weren’t ready to commit at that time. Then we called again this year and and we were ready to go. We decided that doing the bathroom remodel was fine. The rep came first for the bath and the shower in one bathroom. Then we invited her back because we wanted another estimate for the shower in our master’s bathroom. Her presentation was great, but the estimate just to cover the shower instead of replacing it was way too high and we were very dissatisfied.

One man did the installation of our bath and shower. He was excellent and we had a high regard for him. He was polite and pleasant, and he worked hard. He worked non-stop from 8:00 in the morning until 4:00 in the afternoon. After he was done with the installation, he went over with us how to wash our bath and shower and he gave us all the paperwork. It’s great and a pleasure to shower and take a bath now in my new tub.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Roslyn, we’re happy to see that you appreciate our products but we are sorry to hear that our shower pricings were not within budget for your second project. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Original review: June 15, 2018

BUY THIS PRODUCT! I NOW HAVE A SHOWER AND TUB BETTER THAN THE GYMS!!! Our cast iron tub was in great shape we wanted to keep it. Except the enamel was failing, and mold was growing. To be honest I showered at the gym bc I was afraid of damaging our bathroom further. Our finances saving were short after a few years in Iraq, a newborn and a 9 year long cancer battle. Fixing this was out of the question.

Bath Fitter changed our mind. If any of this you can relate to... please consider Bath Fitter. Their 0 percent financing and superior product that is so easy to keep clean are head and shoulders above any other bath remodel on the market. They fixed our tub and shower in one day. They can do all this for you too! Thanks to Bath Fitter we now have a shower and tub that is better than the gyms! Oh and the cast iron tub? Still got it!

Bath Fitter response

Hi M. Holteran, Our team prides itself on delivering an outstanding product that will delight you and your family for years to come. We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your great experience and we are so thrilled that you love your new shower & tub. Thank you again for your business.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Rick ** was very professional. He checked everything thoroughly with us for our choices and what we needed done. He answered all of our questions. We recommend him to everyone. Jorge and Eric did an awesome job with the installation of our new shower. They removed our old tub and made sure everything was up to code and done correctly. Jorge walked us thru every detail that he performed so that we understood what was done. We recommend them to everyone as well to perform this job. We are very pleased with Bath Fitter and recommend them to anyone considering getting their bathrooms done.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Gary, thank you so much for sharing your experience! We really appreciate the call-out and will make sure that Rick, Jorge & Eric receive the recognition they deserve. Thanks again for your business!

Original review: June 15, 2018

Bath Fitter was the only company doing bathroom remodels that I knew and I thought they would be the least hassle and the quickest way to replace my shower and tub. I purchased a shower and a tub from them at the end of March and these were installed in April. My interactions with the sales rep as well as with the installers were excellent. The installers were in and out in one day. It was a good experience I had with Bath Fitter. Everything was as they said it would be and I have no complaints.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Helen, we are thrilled that you had a great experience and that our team went above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction throughout the entire process. Thank you again for your business!

Original review: June 14, 2018

Bath Fitter did my other bathroom six years ago and it had a tub with the shower. And then last month, I had them do the shower in the master bathroom. The bath and the shower are beautiful. The installer is a very nice guy and he's good-looking too. He did a tremendous job and he did not leave a mess. I live in a double-wide trailer and the shower has been in here for over 20 years. The guy also told me the stuff to use and from white, it turned brown, and then white again. I can wipe it down and it’s a lifetime guarantee. The people at Bath Fitter were the most pleasant and wonderful people that I spoke with. They broke it down for me and if I had any question, they were there to answer.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Daphine, we are thrilled to hear that had an amazing experience with us as a returning customer! Enjoy your new Bath Fitter product, and thank you again for your business!

Original review: June 13, 2018

We have found Bath Fitter to be a reliable and trustworthy company that lives up to their promise. Five years ago we had our shower unit installed. The shower walls cleaned beautifully and always looked new. Unfortunately, a leak developed. That is the bad news. The good news is that Bath Fitter responded immediately to our call and kept true to their promise to back their product with a limited lifetime warranty. We worked through this process with Bryan and found that he and the company were ready and willing to support their product without hassle or stress on our part. Without hesitation, I would recommend Bath Fitter to anyone who is contemplating doing a neat, quick remodel to their bathroom.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Donna, We take great pride in our 30+ years experience, our exceptional customer service and our limited lifetime warranty. We are glad to read that we fix the issues to your full satisfaction. Thank you for taking the time to leave a positive review about your experience with us!

Original review: June 13, 2018

We got the tub liner from Bath Fitter and it’s wonderful. The demo was very informative. Just based on how long we’ve been wanting to get something done, the timing was perfect as far as from demo to the actual install. The installation team was wonderful and professional too. They cleaned up after themselves as well. They did really awesome.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Franklin, we are thrilled to hear that you love your new Bath FItter product and loved your experience with us. Thank you again for your business!

Original review: June 12, 2018

My husband really likes the bathtub of Bath Fitter, including the materials the bathtub and shower are made out of. We also had two shelves put in the shower. They finished up the second week of May. They had to do a little bit of plumbing work because I wanted some things to switch around from what we originally had. I wasn’t here when they were doing the installation but my husband took off work and he said that they got stuff done right away. My husband got a few questions and the person who installed it seemed very knowledgeable.

They were just kind of waiting around for an area plumber to come and do the alteration that we wanted. Finally we called the plumber up because the installers had been waiting for several hours and the plumber had the day mixed up. So the installer had to come back. The installer had to wait for the plumber to come in before he could do anything more and found out that plumber backed out at the last minute so they had to wait for somebody else. So it was kind of a fiasco.

We ended up taking a part out of the shower because we had to wait and didn’t get the things done. But we had the ceiling part done and it’s made out of the same material that the shower is. The installer did that for us to kind of makeup for having to wait so long and we were very pleased with that. My son, daughter and my granddaughter have used the bath and they like it. We were very pleased with the shower and the tub and how well everything went together.

Bath Fitter response

HI, we are happy you and your husband we are happy you enjoyed your experience with us to warrant a 5-star rating! Thank you so much for sharing your experience!

Resolution response: June 13, 2018

I would like to follow up and change my previous review from one to FIVE STARS! The Branch Manager, Paul, reached out and completely changed my view on the company. He ensured me that communication was of high importance to him and that he would be reviewing this with his staff to ensure someone else does not fall through the cracks. Thank-you so much!

Original review: June 11, 2018

One of the sliding glass doors on my shower completely shattered out of the blue. I called the Windsor, Connecticut franchise on 5/2/18 and was told someone would contact me. No one ever did. I called again on 5/15/18 and was told someone would contact me. A Salesman came out a few days later and said that it was indeed just the panel that needed to be replaced (since, of course, glass is NOT covered under the warranty) but that this was a "simple job". I was quoted 7-10 days for the door to come in and was told the door would "be about $100".

Today, 6/11/18, I had to call and follow up YET AGAIN because again no one contacted me and was told the door was in, and that the total owed was $510. ($215 for the door and $295 for installation.) How is it possible that the installation is more than the door itself? Again, this is replacing ONE PANEL on existing track. Needless to say I will be driving over to pick up this door myself and will figure out how to install on my own, or pay someone else to do it. I will I NEVER recommend this company to anyone - way too much of a headache!

Bath Fitter response

Hi Kristen, Thank you for sharing your experience and we are sorry it does not seem to have been a positive one. We will be contacting you privately to discuss the situation further. Thank you

Original review: June 11, 2018

Bath Fitter was the first one who we talked to. I like the sales rep and what she had to say. The product was the no seams so the water won’t leak through any wall seepage. And she did a good job, knowing the ins and outs of what it could and would do for us and protect us from. Our remodel project turned out exactly as we expected. The installation was quick. The guy had it scheduled for a day and a half and he was done within a day prior to the time he anticipated. He was there by 8 o’clock and he was done by 4 o’clock and didn’t have to come back the next day. I have already recommended them. In fact, I had the first person down the street who was looking to redo their basement come in and look at the product and just showed them what we did.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Bob, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your great experience! We are glad to read you are enjoying your new Bath Fitter product. Please do not hesitate to recommend us to friends and family! Thank you again for your business!

Original review: June 10, 2018

I got a whole unit from Bath Fitter three months ago. I’m satisfied but there were some hiccups such as the tub being so slippery. Even though it has the grooves in it, it’s not good. I have to find a mat and they don’t sell too many of those mats without the suction cups. There’s not a whole lot out there to look for. Also, I noticed the water sits there for days if I don’t wipe it up. Other than that, the sales rep was professional and the installer was a pleasant person. It took him about seven hours to complete the installation by himself and he cleaned up afterwards. Bath Fitter has a good price and is something to invest in. I would highly recommend it.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Lydia, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We do have anti-slip coatings that we can apply. Please do not hesitate to reach out to your local store if this is something you would be interested in. Thank you again for your business!

Original review: June 10, 2018

Water pools in the corners of the tub rim and due to that the silicone is peeling off after only 9 months. Cracks in a corner where wall covering was bent too sharply upon installation. Ill-fitting finishing border and gaps that haven't been filled. Tried sending 2 emails and a warranty claim and I haven't heard anything back yet. Not worth the over $3000 I spent.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Philippa, Customer service is very important to us. This does not sound like the experience we strive for and we’d love the opportunity to make it right. We'll be in touch privately to discuss your concerns. Thank you.

Original review: June 9, 2018

I love Bath Fitter! I have an old steel tub that I couldn't get rid of and my area in my bathroom wasn't big enough to get rid of all that. I also had a bunch of tile that I didn't want with plaster walls and behind the plaster was this wire meshing, so it was impossible to take the tile out to put new tile in. I loved the idea that Bath Fitter's work was guaranteed for life. And they were nice and everything that they advertised.

The sales rep was fantastic and I loved that the guy who did the quote was the same one who came for the installation because that doesn't always happen. That was a real big plus and people will like that. I've had other problems with people coming to try to fix something then a different guy comes for the second time and something always happens. Bath Fitter's rep was also so professional and very considerate. He also cleaned up and working with him was so easy.

It was a bonus that he was able to do everything in one day. I thought he wouldn't be able to because I knew he had to check on the wall and the plumbing which meant getting into our plaster walls and I knew from other experiences in my house how difficult it was to tear up the walls. Also, I love the new look of my bathroom. It's gorgeous and I got the larger subway tiles that have a texture in there which are white. I've been getting my house ready to sell and now I'm so sad that I redid my bathroom and have to leave.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Linda, We’re thrilled that you had a great experience and that our team went above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction. We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your remodel. Thank you again for your business!

Original review: June 8, 2018

Bath Fitter's rep, Angela, came out and I signed the contract with her. They put a new bathtub over the old one in January, which was about three months after I put the down payment. The wait time was a little longer than I expected, but once they started the installation, it was finished that same day. Also, everyone was very professional and I had a very good experience. I would recommend Bath Fitter.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Dusica, we are happy you enjoyed your experience with us to warrant a 5-star rating! Thank you so much for sharing!

Insufficient response received
Original review: June 7, 2018

A friend of mine told me about Bath Fitter and then I researched it. The salesman, Mike, was good and it seemed like he was giving me a good deal but after I made the decision and signed the paperwork, I was kind of disappointed in myself because I could have gotten things a lot cheaper. I got the tub, shower and plumbing done in two bathrooms. I own a duplex so I got the top and the bottom bathrooms redone. I didn’t like the installer that much. He didn’t keep me abreast. I basically stayed in my bedroom and then the installer from upstairs came down and my installer told the other installer that they don’t know who did the measurements but they were all screwed up. So my bathroom got bigger seams than regular.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Patrick, Thank you for sharing your experience and we are sorry it does not seem to have been a positive one. We’ve shared your information with your local office and they will be in touch with you shortly to further discuss the situation. Thank you again for reaching out.

Original review: June 6, 2018

Bath Fitter had a booth at the Vermillion Farm Show. They sounded like they were going to take care of everything and we didn’t have to do anything. So, they came out, took our shower-bathtub unit out and put a new shower in. The representative was excellent throughout the process and then 2 guys came for the installation. There was a main guy and a trainee and they were both very well-mannered. They knew what they were doing and were very clean too. The only thing is, there's a hand railing to hold on to in case one needs to and it’s really slippery. They should put ribs in it for a person to get a good handhold onto it. Other than that, Bath Fitter is a little costly, but the final product is great.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Rhonda, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. In regards to the rails, we will let the store know about the issue and they will be in touch to see if we this can be fixed. Thank you!

Original review: June 5, 2018

We utilized Bath Fitter to remodel our bathrooms. We were very impressed by the quality of service we received. The lady who answered the phone (Patty) was friendly, upbeat and made me feel at ease. The service provided by Kris, Joel, Darren, Alex and Chris was superb. Our bathrooms were remodeled and look fantastic. The follow up care and maintenance service is incredible. All you have to do is make a call, and they will take care of your problems even 2 years after installation of their products. We will recommend Bath fitter without any hesitation to all.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Rajitha, We’re thrilled that you had a great experience and that our team went above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction. We really appreciate the call-out and will make sure that the team receives the recognition it deserves. Thanks again for your business!

Bath Fitter expert review by Joseph Truini

Bath Fitter was founded in 1984 in Montreal. It focuses on easy-to-install custom bathtub and shower liners for homes. This bathroom remodeling company has hundreds of locations across the United States and Canada.

• Acrylic bathtub liners: Bath Fitter sells and installs durable acrylic liners that fit precisely over existing bathtubs and showers. With this approach, consumers eliminate the expense and mess of tearing out the tub or shower enclosure.

• Easy installation: The installation process is quick since the bathtub and shower don’t have to be removed. The company can also convert a combination tub/shower into a spacious shower-only unit.

• In-home consultations: Experienced bath-remodeling contractors meet with consumers to inspect the existing tub or shower and explain how the Bath Fitter solution works.

• Customized solutions: Bath Fitter customizes solutions for its customers so their selection fits their existing bathroom perfectly.

• Matching accessories: Bath Fitter has bathroom hardware and fixtures designed to perfectly match their bathroom liners. Consumers can choose from a wide range of faucets, shower rods, towel holders and other bathroom accessories complement the custom liners.

• Best for: Bath Fitter is best for homeowners, landlords and real estate investors who want to improve the look and performance of their bathrooms.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini

Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Bath Fitter Company Information