4.34/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Bath Fitter is North America's leading acrylic bathtub, shower enclosure and tub-to-shower conversion company. Our bathtub refinishing products are custom molded to fit over existing fixtures for quick and clean bathroom renovations that last a lifetime. Best of all, we can complete the installation in just one day without compromising quality.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

3948 Bath Fitter Consumer Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: April 17, 2019

I wanted a tub enclosure and I didn't need to get the whole bathroom done. I kinda knew what the parameters were price-wise. Bath Fitter fit perfectly within what I needed. We did this in December and they said it was gonna be a couple of months. They would call me when it was gonna be due. A couple of months went by and nobody called so I called Bath Fitter and asked them when they were gonna do it. It turned out to be longer than what I expected. But that was fine. They told me one of their installers had gotten hurt and they could not get to me until the end of the month.

But I got a call from the scheduler and it was over a month before they were gonna be able to get it done. She asked if it was okay if they came the next day. I cursed at the lady and was like, "What the hell are you all doing? Why can't we get on the same page with this thing?" One thing led to another, we had a falling out, and I hung up on her. But she called me back and I apologized to her. I got that straightened out with her. It was a misunderstanding. She caught me at a bad time and I caught her at a bad time. She was very professional.

But the same can't be said during the installation. I talked to a supervisor and at the time I told him that I have a shower curtain and a toilet seat that I needed to get put on. He told me that was not in the contract. I asked if I could still have them put it on. He said that I had to give them a couple of dollars and they would put it on there for me. But when their guy came in, he didn't wanna do it and that just left a bad taste in my mouth. He kept telling me that he would get in trouble if he did what I asked. I told him I talked to his supervisor but he still wouldn't do it.

When you get to be a senior citizen, you just want people to be straight with you. I was spending my money and Bath Fitter got $2,000 from me. They should try to show me a little respect. That was all I was asking for. Other than that, the guy really did a great job at what he did and he did the whole job by himself. I'm still satisfied. I have a cousin who is a plumber and I was gonna have him do what I asked regarding the toilet seat. As a matter of fact, that toilet seat is still sitting up there now.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Charles, thank you for your review. We're glad to hear you are ultimately satisfied with the work. We will make sure to pass your feedback along to our branch. Thank you!

Get expert buying tips about Bathroom Remodeling Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

6 days ago, the entire bathroom flooded and we saw water stains in the dining room below. It turns out, the previous owners had used Bath Fitter in 2006. I found out only because it appeared to be a liner, and I thought who better to fix it. The liner had pulled away from the tub/silicone had loosened, and the space between the tub and liner had filled, then overfilled with water. As it turns out, it was a Bath Fitter product. Although they had a lifetime warranty, as new owners, we are not eligible for it. That's unfortunate, but we were not expecting the services to be covered to begin with, so no big deal.

I am only giving 4 stars SOLELY due to the customer service staff. The first young woman I spoke to couldn't wait to get me off the phone. She neglected to do as she promised, which was put us down as an urgent call, to receive a call back first thing Monday morning (I called on a Saturday). I carried my phone with me the entire day Monday - no call. Finally at 4 pm, I called again. Frustrated. Spoke to a different representative and explained my frustration and that I was to receive a call to schedule someone to at least come and look at our tub on Monday morning.

Fast forward to my family showering at whatever friends place we could get to, now 4 days after the flooding, and me having to take time off work to wait. Even though I had scheduled the time off for this, the Scheduler came back and wanted to do it a different day than I was told would work. It was very, very frustrating, but in the end, she was able to have the technician, Jared, come to my home on the day I was scheduled to be there. Aside from the frustration of dealing with the customer service folks, Jared did a fantastic and very fast job of getting rid of all of the water and resealing my liner to my tub. When I asked him how we work the payment for the work and how much it would be, he informed me that even though I am not eligible for the lifetime warranty, they were doing the repairs for me at no charge.

I admit, I was embarrassed, as I started to cry. My family has been hit with multiple tragedies and things have not been easy. It was probably the first time in over a year that someone had done something nice for us. It was such a huge weight off my shoulders, that I couldn't hide my overwhelming sense of relief. I have not yet used the shower - giving the silicone as long as possible to cure, even though Jared said I could use it this morning. I don't want to risk any issues and I am extremely grateful that Bath Fitter, and Jared took care of us, even though they really didn't have to do that. Thank you very much.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Mandy, thank you for sharing your experience. We're glad to hear that our team was able to go above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction. Thank you again for taking the time to leave this review!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

When we went to Home Depot, we saw the Bath Fitter display. They gave me a card and I called Bath Fitter. When the rep came, he showed the samples and explained which ones were the most popular. We want safety and we’re not into glamour that much and so, he recommended the slip-resistance grip bars. He mentioned that everything that was put in is an industrial quality and that mattered to us too. He also explained how high we could go with the shower unit. He did a great job and we ended up getting the clear glass shower doors, the plain white, smooth shower inside, and the single shelf to hold supplies. We were happy with that. However, the cost choked me and because we’re retired and on fixed income, we didn’t get the 20% discount. So, in a sense, we’re paying interest every month but at least, the shower is in now. It was expensive but I was happy to have the job completed in one day and have it very clean.

The man who came to do the installation was amazing. He cut the tub in half and carried the pieces out himself. The first thing he did was put protection down on our countertop in the bathroom where he was gonna lay his tools. He was extremely neat. At one point, another gentleman came in. The pipes had to go higher because it wasn’t going from a bathtub. He cut into the walls and checked, and there was no mold or mildew behind our existing bathtub, which was nice. Also, the floor was dry. He did a great job.

We asked for a third bar to be put in. He looked at how clean I kept everything. He said that the disks that go on either end of the grab bar and go into the wall can be sealed. The sealant can be put on them and they can go right on, or I can twist on and off and get behind them if I wanna clean them. He also told me that I may want to not have that sealant put on because over time, it’ll be cleaner if I didn’t have it and I said okay. I’ve been going in and unscrewing and cleaning. It’s really easy to do since it’s just a single twist but my husband said that he wished I had it sealed. There are six spots because there are three grab bars, so the only regret I have is that I didn’t tell him to seal those. However I will ask Bath Fitter about getting the sealant put on when I call them about a type of cleaner that I want to use.

Also, there are two shower doors and we’re supposed to use one of them in a certain way so that there’s no leaking. When it’s closed, there’s a little hook and we’re supposed to pull that to open because the bathtubs are on the outside. The little hook is a piece of equipment that screws into the door handle on the other side, but we don’t see the screw. It’s a little white tab and on it is a U-shaped piece of metal that we push to open and close the door. A knob would probably look kinda corny, but for the elderly people, it’s hard to grab that little thing. There’s also a little bit of suction to pull it to get it open, so I’m putting my hand on the glass and I’m also using that thing. Each door has one and the metal tab thing that opens and closes has come off. It’s falling off and I put it back in where the holes are. It’s not making me feel comfortable and it’s difficult to open and close the door.

I wish that in future designs of the door, they could have something a little more substantial because a lot of people using the door are elderly people. Anybody who has arthritis wouldn’t even be able to get their finger in that little piece to push it open and closed. On the other hand, stepping in and out of the shower is fine. Everything is absolutely perfect.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Alice, thank you so much for sharing your experience! Our team prides itself on delivering an outstanding product that will delight you and your family for years to come. We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your great experience and we are so thrilled that you love your new shower. Thank you again for your business.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

I purchased a shower and I did go up and look at it before the installer left. But I only discovered later that night that the bathroom was filthy. There were layers of wood dust all over the bathroom. The installer had tried to cover things when he was here but it didn't do anywhere near enough good. There was wood dust on everything including my toothbrush, my shampoo and my soap. I had to clean every single item and it took six hours to clean all the mess. They had told me to empty everything out of my shower before the man came to do the installation. But the situation could have been so easily avoided if they had told me to clear everything out of the bathroom. Then all I would have had to do was wipe down the countertop. It would have been vastly easier. Actually, Bath Fitter should have done that anyway. It shouldn't have been for me to clean up.

I started by trying to clean the floor but after I had done that, my feet were filthy because I had been walking on it. So I decided to get into the shower to clean my feet. They had told me not to use the shower for a certain number of hours. But the installer had used the shower and just aimed at the floor to make sure that the plumbing was all connected properly so I figured it would be okay to get in and squirt my feet. But when I got into the shower, it was so slippery that I was terrified that I was gonna fall. Fortunately, the grab bars had been installed so I was able to grab hold of them.

The shower cost me thousands of dollars and it's a danger to life and limb. I was not told by the salesperson what I needed to do, if anything needed to be done, to make it safe. And I was told by the installer not to do the one thing that was listed in the booklet about how to make it safe. There was something in there about installing some kind of coating to make it less slippery. But the installer said that it doesn't work very well and that it's sticky. He said that any kind of shower would accumulate a little bit of grit and the grit would get into the sticky part then it's really filthy and hard to clean up.

The shower was not even slippery just for that night. Having a shower there in general is incredibly slippery. I've bought a shower mat to put in there but it's a pain in the neck to have to deal with. I've never needed them before and my previous shower had not been slippery at all. In fact, I've never had a shower where I felt like I was slipping and sliding.

When the Bath Fitter agent came out to describe the whole process, it seemed reasonable. The man who was here to sell me the items and the man who was here to install the items were lovely and cooperative. It was after the fact that I had these reactions. I felt very frightened by the slipperiness and very angry about the mess. All in all, I was not a very happy camper.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Barbara, thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate your feedback and please do not hesitate to contact us at 888-781-0359 if there is any other way we can be of assistance. Thank you again for your business and have a great day.

Original review: July 24, 2018

When I went up to a home show, I saw Bath Fitter as one of the first exhibits. Their advertising was about redoing bathtubs but I noticed that they also had a display of a shower. They should have a few more ads that say they do showers, too. Then, I inquired and they said that a salesman would get in touch with me as they didn’t answer a lot of questions at the home show. So, a salesman came over, measured things, and we talked about it. He gave me a quote and he said that he took off a certain amount with the offer he made for me. I told him that I needed a few days to think it over because it was a lot of money. Then, he walked out the door and I thought it was rather unfair to say that I could take advantage of the discount until he walked out the door.

A few days later, I called him up and he came over. I told him that I’d do it but they gotta give me the discount. I was given a coupon for $100 off at the home show. He said he couldn't give the full discount but he could make it a little less. So, I purchased the shower on June 13th and when I signed the contract with the salesperson to the completion of the job, it was quick. Then the installation took three weeks at the most because one of the installers they hoped to come got tied up on a job and was quite a distance that he couldn't do my job. So, they assigned it to somebody else.

The doors I have in my bathroom are stock items and they are clear glasses. And the shelving are stock shelving with a little footrest on the bottom. I also has a grab bar against the wall. Somebody from Bath Fitter told me that he could raise the shower head by another foot. It was great and really practical but it was for another $50. Still, I went for it because I’m 6’3 and I couldn’t stand upright when I had the shower in the bathtub. I appreciate the extra height and at the end of the day, $50 more was okay to have that convenience.

The installer who came out was very professional and very friendly. I'd like to write in a commendation for him. He knew what he was doing so when I inquired, he told me about a training process that they went through. He ran into a couple of little problems but they weren't something that he could not overcome. He had to think about them and tell me which way to do them. He also kept the work space very clean and I was very impressed that he could take out the old tub without me helping him. I watched his workmanship and his skill and I was really impressed.

When he did the majority of the work the first day, I almost had to twist his arm to sit down for a few minutes and take a break. He had a quick 15-minute break then got back at it and he never stopped for lunch. Even though I insisted that he do it, he said he'd rather work straight through. Maybe part of it was because he lived a distance and he wanted to beat rush-hour traffic. He also seemed to be somewhat of a Jack of all trades and a bit of a plumber. So, he was very good with the installation.

However, it was inconvenient to open the door from the inside to turn the shower on and out. I didn't notice it at the time but the installer placed the control handle that is used to open the door at the wrong end of the door. I them phoned back about it and I had to send a picture. Then about two days later, somebody came out and switched it around to the correct position. It was something that was overlooked and the installer somehow missed it but it got rectified quickly. The guy that I dealt with on the phone was very helpful, knowledgeable, and very friendly.

So far, I’m pleased with the shower and it complemented the bathroom it is in. I enjoy it that I think of excuses to go in it. I also got a toilet and a sink to match the color of the shower that is white and everything was okay. I could guarantee just from observing the installer and I felt confident that I'm not gonna have problems with it. I have mentioned Bath Fitter to a friend and there are four other units in the building I live in that had a Bath Fitter tub or shower installed.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Ed, thank you so much for sharing! We’re thrilled that you had a positive experience and that our team went above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction. Thank you again for your business and have a great day!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

Original review: July 19, 2019

My husband and I met Bath Fitter at a home show in Greensboro. We invited them to come to our home and discuss replacing our bathtub with a shower. They were punctual and very professional. The sales person did not rush us and explained everything thoroughly. It took 2 days to complete the shower placement, but it was well worth it. The person who came was very professional and cleaned up everything. The work area was spotless when he left. My husband and I have had the shower for several months now and are still very pleased. Also, it is easy to clean!

Bath Fitter response

Hi Donna, thank you so much for sharing your experience! We are so thrilled to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction. Thank you for your business!

Original review: July 16, 2019

I’m a big guy so I needed a big shower. Bath Fitter completely tore out the old bathtub and everything. They had the shower done and it's beautiful. Everybody just can’t get over it. There is more room. The installation team was real nice and the sales rep was great. He was real helpful and got us exactly what we wanted. I liked the price, too. The only thing is I need that extra safety bar put in. Sometimes you gotta sit in there and use it first to feel where you might need one. I called and told the lady that I didn't think we needed one but now, I think I do.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Tim, thank you for your review! We are thrilled to hear everything was completed to your satisfaction. We will pass your message along for the safety bar to our local branch and have them reach out. Thanks for your business!

Original review: July 16, 2019

In May I had a sales consult to replace my old fiberglass tub. Initially I wanted a tub to shower conversion but the salesman indicated that there would be a gap between my floor tile and the tub because the shower base would not be the exact size as the tub. He recommended that I replace the old garden tub with a new garden tub. I agreed since I did not want to replace floor tile.

Entered into the agreement and was called to set up install date a few days later. On day of install the installer showed up and discovered the new garden wouldn't fit through my bathroom door and it was far, far from a similar design to my old one. As we were discussing the situation I mentioned that my initial idea was to do a tub to shower conversion but was told the sizes didn't match. The installer advised me that they did in fact have the appropriate size in stock and that he wasn't sure what confused the sales guy. Installer attempted to call his local manager to explain that the tub won't fit through the door but manager was not available as it was a Saturday. Next step was to call corporate.

The corporate person who took the call was stunningly rude, immediately confrontational, and would not shut up long enough for me to talk. She berated both me and the installer and stated that if I wanted to change out the tub for a shower base I would still need to pay for the tub (that wouldn't fit) and that "she's got me" because of a signed contract. Yes, she actually used the words "we got you". After being attacked for several minutes I told her that I was ending the conversation and would address the situation legally if needed and she started a whole new round of insults. Finally ended with, "You know what, you do whatever little thing you think you need to," and hung up on me.

I spoke to the installer again, who was very professional and seemed knowledgeable, and he recommended that I call the regional office on Monday to work it out. The installer profusely apologized for the treatment I received. On Monday June 10th before I could call the local office I received a call from "corporate" stating that they were refunding my deposit so I could get what I wanted. Keep in mind all I wanted was a shower base and despite the profoundly abusive treatment, I still planned on simply having the local office take the tub back and give me a shower base...you know- that would fit through my door.

I agreed to the refund, was told I would see a receipt in my email in a few days. June 13th I called back and asked for the status of the refund as was told that as soon as accounts payable/receivable approves the transaction I will get a refund. I called the office again last week, was put on hold, and no-one came back on the line. It has been over a month and Bath Fitter refuses to refund the deposit when the company itself initiated the order cancelation.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Taylor, this not the type of experience that we strive to provide and we apologize for your frustration. We have spoken to our local branch and understand your refund has been issued today. Please let us know if you require any further assistance. Thank you for reaching out.

Original review: July 16, 2019

We hired the Wilmington, N.C. branch to replace 1 standard shower (May 28-29) and one shower/tub combo (May 30-31). This has been a horrible experience not only with quality of product, lack of professionalism during installation, but with the Area Development Manager ‘attempting’ to resolve concerns/issues as well. We had just invested major $$$ getting Luxury Vinyl Plank (LVP) flooring in our house. On both different installations the floor got cut/damaged while the installers were cutting the quarter round/molding. On one of them (shower/tub combo) there was a HUGE one inch long visible cut in the floor. The next major issue was the cut and the scuffs on/in the tub. How did this get shipped this way and make it through all of the checks and inspections that it supposedly goes through? Next, the trim/molding. There was a piece of trim that was obviously damaged/stained and should have never been used.

Once again, how did such a defective piece of Bath Fitter material make it through all of the quality assurance inspections and checks that you all claim are in place? Caulking. I don't even know what to say here. I keep thinking about all I've heard since starting this adventure with Bath Fitter about professionals and professionalism. The caulking is anything but professional. Nearing the end of the second bathroom (Main Bath, with tub) the installer discovered that he had the wrong Corner Shelf. Again, I go back to all of the supposed checks, inspections, etc. in the whole process. How did NO ONE catch this until it was too late? Now we have an incomplete tub/shower that is partially usable. From May 31, when this bathroom was (in)complete, until July 11, 2019 we have had no shelves in this tub/shower. Major inconvenience. Pics available for all of the above.

No pictures provided for the following because it required quick action by both the me and the installer. Somehow, one of the THREE faulty cartridges that the installer had installed in the Main Bath did not work properly and when he turned the water main back on...by the time he got to the bathroom it had sprayed water all over the bathroom. When I seen him running out of the house I knew something was wrong and when I discovered what had happened I quickly grabbed bath towels to quickly dry the walls and floor and the bathroom fixtures in general. This was a situation obviously new to the installer so I'm not sure he understood all the ramifications with all of the water. After getting it all dried up as best WE could, we discovered the insulation that was exposed was wet and had to be replaced also.

In all of the paperwork, recordings while on hold, the Sales Consultant, etc. all we hear and see is "professionals". This whole evolution in MY HOUSE doesn't show as professionals to me. My wife and I paid over $11,000.00 for our bathrooms to have a "professional" shower/shower tub installed by BATH FITTER and I don't think we got anywhere near what we paid for with the lack of professional (scratched/blemished/damaged/defective) materials and unprofessional workmanship shown and the unprofessional manner I have been dealt with by the area development manager.

After numerous calls to reach a supervisor/manager to get the scratched tub/cut floors/defective material/crappy caulking/etc. resolved I was finally able to speak to the Area Development Manager who was at a working conference in Las Vegas. So we had the time difference to deal with as well, not to mention I was made to feel like I was bothering her because (even though she said she was working and to call any time) I could never get a timely answer or response. I was ASSURED that all of these issues would be resolved quickly; AND I would be compensated fairly for my time and multiple phone calls that I (not Bath Fitter) had to make to coordinate with the flooring company to get the flooring fixed; my time on the phone with Bath Fitter multiple times trying to figure out how all of this was going to be corrected; having to use, and deal with the inconvenience of, an incomplete bath shower (for what ended up being FORTY TWO days).

My time FOR ME cleaning up the mess when the bathroom was soaked and your installer did not know what to do/how to clean it up; my time, water, and electricity washing and drying the towels used to clean up the mess made when water sprayed all over my bathroom, (after the water mess) my time being on my cell phone whenever the installer would go to the water main and he wanted to be on the phone with me standing in the bathroom so I could tell him if there was another water explosion when he turned the water on; and that the Area Development Manager asked for MY PATIENCE because she wanted to come and see this for herself.

Well, she NEVER came to see it for herself and when she finally offered compensation it was insulting. It was so insulting that I declined it. I did accept the amount for the flooring replacement labor and material; after all that was literally the LEAST Bath Fitter should have done. Add to this all of the obvious STRESS that all of this caused from a company that, at every opportunity, boasts about the ‘professional’ product, ‘professional’ workmanship, ‘professional’ etc., and yet everything about my experience with Bath Fitter does NOT say professional.

After SIX WEEKS they really messed up, unprofessional bathroom has finally been fixed…after six weeks of living with it as an incomplete shower/tub. Through my efforts and coordination with the flooring company the floor has been fixed at this time. The workmanship definitely much better this time…materials, still flawed. This is the condensed version; this is not everything. I tried to keep it short in the interest of the reader. Bath Fitter, if you would like more details, I know you have my contact information. For what we paid for this, it was definitely not worth it.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Darrell, we can appreciate your frustration and we do apologize for this experience as this is not the type of experience we strive to provide. We will send you a private message to discuss further. Thank you.

Original review: July 16, 2019

Our experience with Bath Fitter is great. We called and made an appointment for them to come out and talk to us. We had one bathroom converted from a tub to a shower only, and we had just a tub over in the second bathroom and the walls. We liked the guarantee. Also, the rep we dealt with was very professional and knew what was going on. The installation team was good. And the installation took two and a half days. They spent half a day to know the process tearing the one bathroom out because they were changing the tub. They tore it all out and then they put one in the second day. They got done over that day. And then the third day, they did the tub over. Everything is good. The installation's good and looks nice. I enjoy my walk-in shower.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Jerry, thank you for your review! We are so glad to hear our team was able to provide you with a great experience! Thank you for your business.

Original review: July 15, 2019

Everything that was promised was delivered. Jeremy ** the installer exceptionally professional, very friendly, very clean, left no mess and finished the job in 8 hours. We are very happy with our decision to go with Bath Fitter.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Hafiza, thank you for your review! We are thrilled to hear Jeremy was able to provide you with a great experience. Thank you for your business!

Original review: July 15, 2019

We had Re-Bath on a number of different properties we owned. But then they weren’t very receptive to what they were supposed to be doing. So, we decided to go with Bath Fitter and it’s been a good experience. We’ve had them twice before. We did the tub this time. We did a shower the last time and we did a tub before that. Their installation team does very well.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your positive feedback Bernard! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction. Thank you for your business!

Original review: July 14, 2019

I purchased a wall surround and new fittings from Bath Fitter, and everything was fine with the sales rep. He was very good. He explained everything and everything went fine. The contractors that came out to do the installation were fine, too. They did a good job. I’m waiting for them to come back and do one little thing yet, but the finished products so far look good.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Mel, thank you for your review! We're glad to hear our teak was able to provide you with a great experience!!

Original review: July 13, 2019

I like Bath Fitter's one-step and lifetime guarantee thing. I purchased a shower from them. I dealt with Todd, and he explained everything well. The installation team was good. I just let them in the house, and I was gone for the day. When I came home, they were just finishing up. I like my new shower. Everything’s on the normal and everything’s new. Bath Fitter is good.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Chuc, thank you for your review! We are glad to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction!!

Original review: July 12, 2019

I had a relic tub/shower removed and a relic shower removed. I was told the crew would be there at 10:00 a.m. however the plumber showed at 7:00 a.m. Later in the week - after the install - I received a voicemail from Patty (I think) stating the crew would arrive increments starting at 7:00 a.m. So, I blame my cell carrier for that. Personally, I had just got out of bed just minutes before and was ok with it.

The guys showed up in waves and knocked it all out. I thought they would be the up to around 5-6 p.m. but they did the demo, install, and finished by 3:00 pm. TWO INSTALLS! They worked straight through, professional, very polite, and had a great sense of humor! We had a huge storm roll through and Chris and Joe **. worked through it while getting completely soaked. True champs! They both gave me a personal review of their work and I was nothing but impressed. Their work was masterful and definitively polished! I am very happy with the work and the value added to my home! Will highly recommend to friends and family.

Bath Fitter response

Hi William, thank you for your review! We are glad to hear our team was able to go above and beyond to provide you with a great experience!!

Original review: July 12, 2019

My son had a good experience with Bath Fitter and I also like their advertisements. I ended up buying the tub insert and the up the wall, and the fixtures that went with it. The rep I dealt with was wonderful. He listened well and explained everything to my satisfaction. The installation was fine. It would have taken a day but the tub part didn't fit properly, so the installer had to send back for another part. And it took a couple of weeks before he came back out. But now that I have everything installed, it's very fine. I'm very pleased with it. It works well.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Pat, thank you for your review! We are glad to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction. Thank you for your business!

Resolution response: July 15, 2019

The Owner of this location was very helpful in resolving this issue to our satisfaction. He took plenty of time to listen to us (even called while on vacation) and was as upset as we were. We were very impressed by his concern, understanding and professionalism. Things do happen from time to time and you have to give people the opportunity to fix them. He went above and beyond the call of duty. Our bathroom looks beautiful and Rob S is a great installer. Give them a try and tell them that we referred you! You won't be sorry!

Original review: July 11, 2019

My dealings with the Buffalo, NY Office were positively dreadful. The installer Rob ** was good and they have a good product but this location appears to be severely mismanaged. The biggest issue is that I paid them in full upon completion on a Wednesday and the following Monday they charged me a second time even though I was told that they don't keep our financial information on file when I called them on Wednesday. Why was this done and to how many people and what are their procedures for storing and protecting customer's sensitive financial information?

We are a first time and now last time customer. Other highlights: They were going to come to our house on the wrong day, they pulled our installer off of his scheduled 8:00 AM start so that they could help another customer (keep in mind first time customer, $4,000 job). Sales person did not add ceiling to our order so installer was unaware and the fact that they charged me twice. We paid in full July 3rd, Manager returns to work after a Holiday Weekend and the first thing that he does is charge us again? Wow!

Bath Fitter response

Hi Gary, we understand our branch has been able to resolve this issue to your satisfaction. We apologize for any inconvenience this matter may have caused. If there is anything more we can do to assist, please don't hesitate to reach out. Thank you.

Original review: July 11, 2019

I called Bath Fitter and did a negotiation and told them to come out. Bath Fitter's reps and the installers were good. I purchased a good quality bathtub. It’s nice getting a new, nice and clean tub. Bath Fitter did a great job.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you so much for your positive feedback June!

Original review: July 11, 2019

Bath Fitter is very good. We purchased the shower and I really like it. I like the feature for hanging on to the bars. The master plumber smoked a lot. He would go out but I could smell it when he came in. But the interaction with him was good. The other guy was very good too.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Richard, thank you for your review. We hope you will continue to enjoy your shower for many years to come!!

Original review: July 10, 2019

Steven ** of Bath Fitter here in southern Utah did an wonderful job installing my new shower. It looks fantastic, and is high quality. It looks absolutely beautiful and gave me so much more room in my shower! I appreciate the great customer service that this company has also.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your positive feedback! We're glad to hear Steven was able to provide you with a wonderful experience and a beautiful new shower!

Original review: July 10, 2019

This company took my deposit and won't return any calls. Called my local branch three times and the corporate office twice without anyone calling back. This company is a complete scam. I called my sales person and she doesn't work there anyone. Please don't do business with this company. Contacting my state attorney general today to file a complainant.

Bath Fitter response

Hi David, we have looked into this issue and understand that you have since scheduled your installation with the branch for 7/17. We apologize again for the delays and if there is anything more we can do to assist, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you!

Original review: July 10, 2019

Everything that was discussed, everything that was promised was delivered without compromise, exceptionally professional, very clean, and left no mess...NONE! We definitely feel upgraded. After attending a Home Show and considering multiple companies to complete the project, we are very happy with our decision to go with Bath Fitter. We recommend them over anyone else to our friends.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you so much for your positive feedback Joseph! We are so glad our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction. Thank you for your business!!

Original review: July 10, 2019

I was pleased from start to finish. The salesman, Tony, was wonderful to work with. He was upfront, knew his stuff and was personable. I don’t like when companies try to hide pricing, which is what he did not do. The installer was courteous and careful, doing a wonderful job. The tub that was given to him was wrong, so he ran to get the correct one, which was a relief. The finished product is well done and couldn’t be happier. One thing I wish they had done was told me to take a before and after photo. That would be a great thing to have when I show people how great it looks from what it did before.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Kelly, thank you for your review! We are so glad to hear our team was able to provide you with a great experience!! Thank you for your business.

Original review: July 10, 2019

We called Bath Fitter up to get a price and the salesman who came out explained to us how everything would be set up, how everything would look, how it would be designed and how the warranty worked. We were pretty sold on that. It was very informative. They also told us what to do and what not to do. Then they scheduled an appointment for the installation. They came out and got it done. It was pretty quick and everything was good with them. We got the tub with the surrounding walls and we love it.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Chester, thank you for your review! We're glad to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction and provide you with a great experience!!

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: July 9, 2019

I would like to start by expressing my admiration for the product and the installation. I am however displeased with the space. I admit to having made a misinformed decision opting for this "roll-in" shower replacing our bathtub. Others must take these things into consideration when deciding to install a "Roll-in" shower.

With a "roll-in" shower there is a flexible barrier across the front of the floor which is placed 7 inches closer to the rear wall do to a roll up ramp. There is not enough space for showering normally much less if in a transport wheelchair. The shower curtain must be managed so there is never a fold over the front barrier or there will be mopping to be done when you finish your shower. The corner shelves are pretty but useless for the most part because they are not tall enough nor wide enough to hold normal sized shampoo or body soap dispensers. Alas, my showers are no longer as comforting as they were with our old Bathtub.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Samuel, thank you for your feedback. We will forward your message to our local branch. Thank you for your review.

Original review: July 9, 2019

The house is about 40 years old and everything was wearing out. It needed to be fixed. Bath Fitter was the only remodeling company that I had heard of, other than just absolutely devastating the bathroom and we didn't wanna be six weeks without a bathroom. The sales representative was very informative. He explained our options, what was available and what wasn’t, and he went over it very carefully with us.

The installation team was very professional and polite too. They cleaned up after themselves very well. They were out of here by 2 o’clock and everything was done. They redid all the plumbing and covered the tub with a new plastic insert. They also did the walls and the sliding glass doors. I was very impressed. It is beautiful. I probably harassed the installers a little bit with my conversation but we got along very well. I enjoyed them. I would recommend Bath Fitter to a friend. I like the lifetime guarantee and it’s a heck of a lot cheaper than replacing everything.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Roger, thank you for your review! We are so glad to hear our team was able to provide you with a wonderful experience. Thank you for your business!

Original review: July 8, 2019

Bath Fitter was a recommendation from a friend. We did the bathtub with them and it was an excellent experience. They’re very courteous. The guy came in and professionally did what he needed to do in one day. I like the whole bathroom shower kit that they put in. It has a great quality. I was completely satisfied.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review JD! We are so glad to hear our team was able to provide you with a great experience. Thank you for your business!

Original review: July 7, 2019

I did two showers with Bath Fitter. One is a walk-in and the other is a shower-tub combination, but I didn't do the tub. I made that purchase about two months ago. Their people were all very good and polite. They were on time, they did what they said they were going to do, and they did the work very quickly. I was highly impressed. I like my showers very much and I would use Bath Fitter again.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you so much for your positive feedback Daniel! We hope you will continue to enjoy your Bath Fitter units for many years to come!!

Original review: July 6, 2019

I had a wonderful experience with Bath Fitter. I had tried a contractor, but they were unresponsive and they didn’t show up. So, I decided to go through a more professional company. Bath Fitter did an extra total install. They had to put in a drain, put in the shower. Their sales reps were professional and they had everything together and explained everything consistently. The installation team was also very professional and they were on time. I understood exactly what they were gonna do and the timeframe too. The products are wonderful. It’s really good and I am very impressed with the quality. Bath Fitter did a very good job and I’m very happy with them and I would recommend them.

Bath Fitter response

Hi James, thank you for your review! We're glad to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction!!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 5, 2019

Although it has been a few years since I had Bath Fitter give me a quote, I feel inclined to write about my experience. They do not tell you in the advertisement that they do not install over fiberglass tubs. They wanted to rip out my entire bath/shower and install a brand new one for over $7,000. Also, because I would not commit on the day they came, they would not honor my coupon. Then, they hassled me by calling back 3 times and wanted to come again and give me another chance for them to say the same thing.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Mary Jane, we are able to install over certain fiberglass tubs however it works on a case by case basis, which is why our experts have to evaluate your bathtub during our free in-home consultation. We appreciate your feedback and if you would like to discuss further please do not hesitate to reach out. Thank you.

Bath Fitter expert review by Joseph Truini

Bath Fitter was founded in 1984 in Montreal. It focuses on easy-to-install custom bathtub and shower liners for homes. This bathroom remodeling company has hundreds of locations across the United States and Canada.

• Acrylic bathtub liners: Bath Fitter sells and installs durable acrylic liners that fit precisely over existing bathtubs and showers. With this approach, consumers eliminate the expense and mess of tearing out the tub or shower enclosure.

• Easy installation: The installation process is quick since the bathtub and shower don’t have to be removed. The company can also convert a combination tub/shower into a spacious shower-only unit.

• In-home consultations: Experienced bath-remodeling contractors meet with consumers to inspect the existing tub or shower and explain how the Bath Fitter solution works.

• Customized solutions: Bath Fitter customizes solutions for its customers so their selection fits their existing bathroom perfectly.

• Matching accessories: Bath Fitter has bathroom hardware and fixtures designed to perfectly match their bathroom liners. Consumers can choose from a wide range of faucets, shower rods, towel holders and other bathroom accessories complement the custom liners.

• Best for: Bath Fitter is best for homeowners, landlords and real estate investors who want to improve the look and performance of their bathrooms.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Bath Fitter Company Information