Call toll free
4.53/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Bath Fitter is North America's leading acrylic bathtub, shower enclosure and tub-to-shower conversion company. Our bathtub refinishing products are custom molded to fit over existing fixtures for quick and clean bathroom renovations that last a lifetime. Best of all, we can complete the installation in just one day without compromising quality.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

3584 Bath Fitter Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

My experience with Bath Fitter was positive from beginning to end. My husband called and they sent a man out name T. ** within one day. He asked to see the space we wanted redone and then, he showed us what they offered and let us chose what we liked. He was never pushy upon completion of our purchase. He gave a 6 week estimate of when they could install. Well 3 weeks later they have installed the new lining in the shower stall on the first level of our home and I am very happy with it. D. ** came out yesterday and spent ALL DAY installing our shower liner. He didn't take time off for lunch, he worked very hard all day. I am very happy and pleased with how well they did their jobs. Thank you and I would recommend them to you.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Connie, thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are glad to hear your experience with Bath Fitter was able to exceed your expectations. Thank you for taking the time to share your amazing experience!

Get expert buying tips about Bathroom Remodeling Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

The remodel of our Master Shower was done in two days and looks wonderful. Your installer TYSON was pleasant, knowledgeable and thorough. He worked diligently and updated with anything "need to know", he cleaned up after himself, and was a joy to have in our home. It is really nice to see that there are still QUALITY employees out there. Thank you for sending the best, having him to the best, and making my vision a reality. I am impressed, and very thankful to have found the right company for this job!

Bath Fitter response

Hi Lisa, thank you for sharing your wonderful experience. We are thrilled to hear that Tyson and the rest of our Bath Fitter team were able to go above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction. Thank you for your business!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

The installation went well and the bathtub/shower area looks great! A few things though. I wasn't aware they would remove both of the soap shelves and not replace them. The salesman had asked me if I wanted a new shelf installed but I declined. Had it been made clearer that the shelves would be taken away I would have definitely ordered a new one. Secondly, I wanted a new shower head which the salesman told me could be done. However one of the installers said on his paperwork it stated, "Customer would supply shower head." This was wrong. I never agreed to that. They came up with a shower head which was nice but it's terrible.

I have to get a new one on my own anyway. Then the first time I went to use the shower only the cold water worked and the handle that changes from bath faucet to shower was so tight I couldn't budge it. I called the next day and was told they could have someone come and look at it between 3pm-5pm. I waited 6 hours for someone to come. Then be told the hot water handle was stripped and needed to be replaced. They did fix the tub to shower handle though. So after they left I had to go to Home Depot (fortunately there's one in walking distance) at 9:30 at night and get a new one. Some of my complaints may sound petty but for the money I laid out a little more attention could have been paid to smaller details.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Robert, we're glad to hear that you are loving the look of your new tub/shower! We will also pass your issues over to our branch and see if there is anything they can do to help out. Thank you for your positive feedback!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I recently became blind and the VA took out my tub then put the shower in for me. For that, my friend and I drove to Bath Fitter and talked to Helen, and we felt that we would get what we were paying for through them. They showed me through their warehouse and what they had. One thing that I liked about their product was that everything was gonna be in one piece, the walls, the tub that fit into it and the shower, so there were no seams. It also helped sway me that the shower-end in the tub had little dimples so it wasn’t slick. When you stood on it, it was like little suction cup. I tried one out there and it was good. And then, one man worked on the installation, he got everything ready on the first day then came back the next, and put the shower in and hooked it all up. Bath Fitter are good people and we were happy with the work, except, they sent my paperwork to the wrong place.

Given it’s a VA grant, I need to have those papers in order to turn them in to the VA to get the final payment. The whole thing cost me almost $9,000 and the VA is supposed to pay me $6,800 towards my bathroom. I gave all my papers to Helen, who then sent it to their main office, and that’s why I haven't got a check yet. I’m still $3,400 behind from the government, and still trying to get the paperwork back from the Bath Fitter home office. So, that's one thing to make sure of when working with a grant, that you follow your paper through and not let them send it in for you. But overall, I’m happy with my Bath Fitter experience.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Maxwell, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review! We are glad to hear that you are happy with your new Bath Fitter shower. Thank you for your business.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

Mid-September 2018, we had Bath Fitter to the house for a quote. Although it was pricey, we felt the job would be done quickly and we could continue with the rest of our home upgrades. It took almost 3 weeks to hear from anyone with how and when the install would be scheduled. Because they don't work weekends, we had to take a day off work which needed to be pre-approved. First frustration. The installation happened on October 19th. Randall was our installer and my husband was with him all day. Randall had him assist with several tasks, which he was very happy to do. When it came time to install the tub drain it was found that it wasn't deep enough. Randall only had one size in his work van. We live very close to their warehouse so we asked if he could get the right part. Randall called the office a few times and then went to get the part.

He then found it was too long so tried to cut it down becoming increasingly frustrated and damaged it so that it would not thread. In the process he cracked the tub liner so much that should we be able to install the drain ourselves, the crack would still be exposed. We took pictures to document this as well. We then notified the office and they called back asking us to text message the manager with our photo, which we did. We have not heard back from this manager to date. Of NOTE: when Randall was cleaning up, my husband had left to find a proper fitting tub drain, he told me in casual conversation that if he was able to get the drain to fit that he would have charged us $250 for the work to get the tub drain to fit. I was appalled as the work contract clearly states that if there were any charges above what was agreed upon, Bath Fitter was to tell us before doing the work.

Consequently we would not have paid had this been the case. It is moot at this point because our tub liner is cracked. Both my husband and myself have been calling Bath Fitter 2 to 5 times each week since then (today is November 7th). We have only received one callback last week after 6 pm, unfortunately the call was missed. We were asked to call back to schedule their plumber. We immediately called back leaving a message to then call us back. I am beyond frustrated at this point.

Last evening I called the salesman we originally met with as I found his number in our call history thinking that he may be able to help get the ball rolling. My husband also called the main number last eve as well... again. If we do not hear from someone directly (no messages) to schedule by this coming Friday, we will not recommend this company. I also add that I work as a home health nurse, seeing people who often need bathroom fixes to make it easier and safer to bathe... so I will steer them away from Bath Fitter.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Genevieve, this doesn't sound like the experience we strive for and we would like to make it right. We will be in touch with out local branch and have them reach out shortly. If there is anything else we can do to assist you, do not hesitate to message us. Thank you for reaching out.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I purchased a tub, surrounds, and glass doors for two bathrooms. The Bath Fitter reps came out, looked at everything and gave me a price that I couldn't believe. I said yes and once everything was done, they came out and installed everything. Everything was done well. We’ve been using the bathrooms for about five months and they work great. They’re easy to clean and Bath Fitter did a great job.

Bath Fitter response

Hi William, thank you for sharing your wonderful experience! We're thrilled to hear that our Bath FItter team was able to ensure your satisfaction. Thank you again for your business!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I liked Bath Fitter's prices and I purchased a tub and the walls of my bath from them. Their rep was very professional and he knew what he was talking about. Thereafter, their contractors and I communicated very well. He did the installation in one day and let me know what he was doing.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Rhashann, thank you so much for sharing your experience! Our team prides itself on delivering an outstanding product that will delight you and your family for years to come. Thank you again for your business.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

My experience with Bath Fitter had been excellent. We have a small bathroom with a huge tub in it and we had them cover the tub and do the wall. It was amazing how doing that changed the whole bathroom. The people from Bath Fitter told us that it would be an excellent way for us. We were excited to know that we would be able to do that and it would look great instead of having to redo the whole thing. We also had a grab bar put in. Everybody was very nice and they helped us with everything. I felt like I knew them forever. The lady who came here to do the sales presentation was amazing and she knew everything. The installer was great as well. We loved that when he came in, the first thing he did was lay runners so when he was going in and out, there was not a speck of anything anywhere. He had to go through the living room to get to the bathroom.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Maryann, thank you so much for sharing your experience! Our team prides itself on delivering an outstanding product that will delight you and your family for years to come. We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your great experience and we are so thrilled that you love your new bathtub. Thank you again for your business.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

My wife liked Bath Fitter and their one-day installation guarantee. The salesperson was good and helpful, too. Bath Fitter did a complete tear out of the old tub and installed a new tub in September. The installation was great and it was done in one day -- not even a whole day. The installer was a nice guy. We called them with some other questions even after we set up the tub and did a couple of add-on things, and there were no issues. We are very satisfied with our decision to remodel with Bath Fitter. I'd recommend them.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Joseph, thanks for sharing your great experience! We're thrilled to hear our Bath Fitter team was able to go above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction. Thank you for your business!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

Bath Fitter promised one-day installation and they offered a lifetime guarantee. The sales representative was great. He was really knowledgeable and very friendly. We converted a bath into a shower, and we liked the quick turnaround time. We were a little surprised they only had one person doing the entire install, but he seemed to know what he was doing. And they had told us it might take more than a day, but he got it done in about five hours. We really like our shower.

The only thing is we had some difficulty scheduling. We signed the contract back in May, but it was installed in September. When we first signed the contract, we got an estimated installation date and we hadn't heard anything. And when I called, they said they had changed the installation date and they were gonna call me soon and let me know. And they rescheduled it for another day. Then they called the day before the rescheduled day to confirm the appointment. And then a half hour later, they called back to cancel it because they couldn't make it. And then we tried to reschedule again. So, it took about four times before we actually got a date that we could both work with. It was our torment for several weeks. Still, Bath Fitter is a good company but make sure you have someone available at any time for the installation.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Joyce, thank you for sharing your great experience and your feedback. We're glad to hear that you are loving your brand new shower! We appreciate your feedback and thank you for your business!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

The Bath Fitter salesman was good except for not explaining this water flow issue on the shower. I spent $5,000 for a new shower and bathtub but I'm not very satisfied with the shower. Bath Fitter put in a shower head that controls the flow of the water for energy/water-saving purposes and I'm unhappy with that. The water is so weak that you feel like you're not getting rinsed off. It was never explained to me that that would be the case when they installed it. The installer told me that I can go in there and take something out to open the flow up. But they should tell you about that water flow upfront. The company needs to really stress that.

The shower surround material is also very thin and cheap. It's not that easy to clean either. There are no scratches on it whatsoever but yesterday, I used the exact cleaner they told me to use. And I actually had to clean it three times to get the spots off it. There's also one little problem right now. The caulking that they put in between the back wall and the tub is getting a little crack in it. It's been more than four weeks since the installation but they need to come back and fix that. Nonetheless, I like the bathtub and the installation had gone very well. The guy was great too. He answered all my questions and explained things ahead.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Bill, we're sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties with your water flow. We will pass this message along to our branch and see if we can assist you in this matter. Thanks for reaching out!

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

We had Garth come out and look at our need to replace our shower, he explained Bath Fitters would do all the wall and shower start to finish and all we would have to paint the wall, which we agreed. After the work was done I asked when the wall would be mudded and taped, the builder he couldn't understand English then. I have called Garth the salesman 3 times, the Orlando office and talked to Tammy once and Angie twice, now I'm told that was not in the contract. When I agreed to 6500.00 it was not for a job not completed. I see the owners thank pp. for their 5 star rating. But I do not see anywhere they are helping get the job done correctly for the others. Now after a week the shower head is leaking. Will I hear back after the check has been cashed?

Bath Fitter response

Hi Jaki, this doesn't sound like the experience we strive for and we would like to look into this matter further for you. We will be in touch shortly. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

We love the install we did with Bath Fitter. We redid a whole bath upstairs, which involved a tub and enclosure. It's a major operation and everything went great. In fact, we loved it so much that we've ordered a second install. There's a standalone shower area in the master bathroom and we're redoing that with Bath Fitter. Then we're finishing the basement and we're gonna go with the Bath Fitter product as well. Bath Fitter is really the way to go.

We had never done a bathroom remodeling before this and when we went to the Expo, three others came and gave us estimates. Bath Fitter wasn't necessarily the least expensive option. But the other ones seemed to want to go with tile and we just weren't crazy about tiles. So I liked the option given by Bath Fitter. Also, one of the things that were mentioned was that Bath Fitter had won a major national contract with a major hotel chain. They weren't allowed to name it but we stay at the Hilton properties regularly. It just happened that shortly after that, we stayed at a property that I was pretty sure was redone in Bath Fitters, and it was awesome.

After we signed and agreed to the contract, it took us a while to schedule the installation because we had to fit it in with a bunch of things that were going on in our lives. Then after we scheduled it, there was an issue with the install. They found that the joist was exactly where the drain needed to be. It had nothing to do with Bath Fitter though. It's just that once you start taking things apart, you find things. But they had to figure out a workaround and they were able to make it happen. They made it work and fit it within a one-day install.

Bath Fitter response

HI John, thank you for sharing your amazing experience! We thrilled to hear you loved our work so much that you've decided to use Bath Fitter for your future remodeling projects! Thank you for you kind words and have a great day.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I couldn't get the dirt and grime stuff off my old tub so I'm doing something at least once a year. I decided to go with Bath Fitter because of the way they do it. They want it right over the tub which I really liked. I was impressed by the sales rep and installation didn't take them very long. I was happy just to do it. There was no different mess because it just went over the tub. The installation guy was there about 8 o'clock, and he had it done by noon. I love it.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Darlene, thank you for sharing your wonderful experience. We're glad to hear our team was able to ensure your satisfaction. Thank you for your business.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I didn’t wanna deal with pulling off 50 years’ worth of tiles. It’s expensive, and there was already a Bath Fitter in my new apartment that looks better than I thought it could. The sales rep was great. She was very attentive and helpful. Installation was quick and the techs were efficient. It’s a little overpriced, but it’s worth it when you think about all the time that goes into a full bath renovation.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Jennifer, thank you for your postive feedback. Our team prides itself on delivering an outstanding product in as little as one day! Thank you for your business.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

Bath Fitter does a good job. They came and talked to me, and I liked the deals. Their sales team was also very good. I bought a walk-in shower from them and the installers got it done in one day. They cleaned up very well too.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Patricia, we're glad to hear you had a great experience with Bath Fitter! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I had Bath Fitter put in the tub liner in our tub. Their sales rep was great and nice. The installer was super and the installation was done in a day. I was extremely satisfied except for one thing. I had some hand grips in there to keep me from falling and I had told a friend of mine that needed them for her mother that they can have them because a new one is gonna be put in. But I didn’t realize it was taken and I was told that they were in the scrap pile. Other than that, everything went well.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Judy, thank you for your positive feedback. We are sorry to hear about the grab bar issue. We will pass that message along to our branch and see if there is something we can do to make it right. Thank you again for your business!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I researched about Bath Fitter and looked at the complaint and also at the good things. I went with them due to the salesperson who came to the house. He’s from Millville and I know of him. I knew he wouldn’t lie to me. He was extremely friendly and very informative. Whatever he said that was going to be done, it was done and I was impressed with that. The person who came and did the installation was very nice and informative as well. He did everything perfectly and made sure everything was leveled. I build my own house as a contractor or subcontractor myself. So I was up there with him and he didn’t shortcut anything at all. Although, we haven't used the walk-in shower that we bought from Bath Fitter yet, the experience with them was okay. I appreciate them and advertise them to others.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Matthew, thank you for sharing your great experience! We're thrilled to hear our team was able to ensure your satisfaction. Thank you for your business!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

We called Bath Fitter and had the guy come out. We liked that the sides were formed and there was no leakage. The salesman was great and we talked about the bath, and we laughed. Bath Fitter took out the bathtub upstairs and put in a bigger shower. The installer was really good and he answered questions if I had anything at that time. I had another installer take out the shower that we had downstairs and make a bigger shower for my son. Both of the installers were great and they cleaned up everything. We're just thrilled with Bath Fitter.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Darla, thank you for sharing your wonderful experience! We're thrilled to hear that our team was able to ensure your satisfaction with your two new showers! Thank you again for your business.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

Part of the problem of reviewing/researching a company that runs on a franchise system is that one franchise can be very different from another. We found this to be evident in our dealings with Bath Fitter. A little more than 10 years ago we had Bath Fitter, Stoney Creek install a unit in our upstairs shower. They were professional, courteous and the product was, and continues to be, fantastic.

In the fall of 2017, we had a full shower installed by Bath Fitter, Hamilton. When we ordered it, we were told that they would call us when the product arrived. We waited and waited and finally we phoned to asked we should expect it. We were told that it had arrived 2 or 3 weeks ago. We booked a time for the installation which should have been a 1-day job but they had forgotten a part for our other shower and had to come back the next day.

A few months later we developed a problem with the door of our new shower. The door would hit a sticking point and would jump off the track. I went in to ask about it and was told that it was not covered. It turned out that they thought that I was referring to the other shower which was installed more than 10 years prior and it was no longer covered. Once we established that it was the new shower that I was talking about they sent out a technician who made a few adjustments, which didn’t work.

The long and short of it is that they had to come out about 4 times. One time the technician explained to my wife that it was because it was not opening the door properly, although I seemed to have no problem opening the other door. Finally, they decided that we needed a new roller on the shower door and they ordered it. It took a long time, so I called them, and they told me that it had arrived the previous week, so I booked a time for the technician to come. A couple of days later I got a phone call and was told that the part had not come in and they cancelled the call. Finally, it did come, and it was repaired after 4 months. This second franchise is incredibly disorganized. The technicians were all very pleasant, but the office seems completely disorganized. If you wish to use Bath Fitter, I would recommend you avoid this franchise.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Paul, we're sorry to hear your experience was not an entirely positive one and we'd like the opportunity to make it right. Our branch will be in contact shortly to address this matter. We appreciate your feedback as it will help us improve our business in the future. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

Bath Fitter brought the right combination of quality, technical capability, and customer service altogether. They gotta be a hard sell and they’re very expensive. The way that the sales team provided the presentation and led me into the various choices and reasons for doing it was really good. The follow-up was there as well with the technical people. They, too, have the right quality and tools and expertise to do the job.

They did a bathtub shower remodel and it was the first one I paid for. I’ve done a couple myself, so I knew what was involved. I’ve never seen a bathtub destroyed with a sledgehammer before, and I must say that the technical expertise and being that they did this in two days, I was amazed that they could do it quickly. Everything was done right and very well put together. There was nothing sloppy. The guy really knew what he was doing. It’s an old house that I have, which means sizes aren’t quite the same as modern houses, and he took all that into consideration. And being how I’ve done some of that work on homes that I’ve owned in the past, I was impressed with the way that he did it and how he did it. I would not hesitate to recommend Bath Fitter and I sing their praises.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Phillip thank you for sharing your amazing experience! our team prides itself on being able to deliver an outanding product in considerably less time than most bathroom remodeling projects, and will little mess. Thank you again for your business and your kind words!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

We decided to go with Bath Fitter nine years ago. We had our tub and surround covered. We were happy with how it looked. I see that a lot of the positive reviews are for reason installations. We would've given it a similar rating. Now, however, things are very different. The caulking gave out. Water got behind the wall and tub. We have a big bubble in the floor and water stains on the ceiling of the room below. Apparently, the site states that the existing area is made secure before the liner is put on. This doesn't seem to be the case. In addition to this, the moulding that runs vertically on the corners is coming off. No adhesive underneath. Of course, the lifetime warranty they lure you in with does not apply to any of this. They are telling me it is over two hundred dollars to drain and re-caulk.

I will never use them again. Would've been better off re-glazing and tiling. No money saved in the long run and no lifetime warranty to back it. In addition to all of this, I have had terrible communication with our local Bath Fitter franchise. Didn't come out when they said they would, then showed up when I wasn't home so I couldn't show them exactly what I was talking about. Followed up with the national number but still not happy with the results. Not the great long term solution they talk about.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Jeri, this does not sound like the experience we strive for and we would like to look into this matter further. We will be in contact shortly. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

We had an old bathtub/shower in our kids' bathroom that was cracking in the bottom and clearly a piece of crap from the beginning. We called Bath Fitter and Robert ** came out, explained everything and arranged to replace our old crappy tub with a new Bath Fitter shower. We got a double shower head, handrails and corner shelf for shampoo etc. We could not be more pleased with our purchase! Extremely easy installation process, well made and sturdy. Sooo easy to keep clean! Do not hesitate to replace your old crappy tub with Bath Fitter.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Elizabeth, thanks for sharing your great experience! We're thrilled to hear you love your new shower and are pleased with the final results. We hope you and your family will continue to enjoy your shower for years to come! Thank you for your business.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I bought my whole enclosure in the tub area from Bath Fitter. I decided on that after their sales rep came and I thought it was great. The installers were great, too, and they asked me how I wanted things. Bath Fitter is great to work with. I've recommended them to my granddaughter.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Judy, we're glad to hear our Bath Fitter team was able to go above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction! Thank you so much for sharing your experience!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

6 days ago, the entire bathroom flooded and we saw water stains in the dining room below. It turns out, the previous owners had used Bath Fitter in 2006. I found out only because it appeared to be a liner, and I thought who better to fix it. The liner had pulled away from the tub/silicone had loosened, and the space between the tub and liner had filled, then overfilled with water. As it turns out, it was a Bath Fitter product. Although they had a lifetime warranty, as new owners, we are not eligible for it. That's unfortunate, but we were not expecting the services to be covered to begin with, so no big deal.

I am only giving 4 stars SOLELY due to the customer service staff. The first young woman I spoke to couldn't wait to get me off the phone. She neglected to do as she promised, which was put us down as an urgent call, to receive a call back first thing Monday morning (I called on a Saturday). I carried my phone with me the entire day Monday - no call. Finally at 4 pm, I called again. Frustrated. Spoke to a different representative and explained my frustration and that I was to receive a call to schedule someone to at least come and look at our tub on Monday morning.

Fast forward to my family showering at whatever friends place we could get to, now 4 days after the flooding, and me having to take time off work to wait. Even though I had scheduled the time off for this, the Scheduler came back and wanted to do it a different day than I was told would work. It was very, very frustrating, but in the end, she was able to have the technician, Jared, come to my home on the day I was scheduled to be there. Aside from the frustration of dealing with the customer service folks, Jared did a fantastic and very fast job of getting rid of all of the water and resealing my liner to my tub. When I asked him how we work the payment for the work and how much it would be, he informed me that even though I am not eligible for the lifetime warranty, they were doing the repairs for me at no charge.

I admit, I was embarrassed, as I started to cry. My family has been hit with multiple tragedies and things have not been easy. It was probably the first time in over a year that someone had done something nice for us. It was such a huge weight off my shoulders, that I couldn't hide my overwhelming sense of relief. I have not yet used the shower - giving the silicone as long as possible to cure, even though Jared said I could use it this morning. I don't want to risk any issues and I am extremely grateful that Bath Fitter, and Jared took care of us, even though they really didn't have to do that. Thank you very much.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Mandy, thank you for sharing your experience. We're glad to hear that our team was able to go above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction. Thank you again for taking the time to leave this review!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

On October 3rd Jorge removed our tub and installed a walk in shower. It was great having all the work done in one day. The service from the estimator to the installers was excellent. We would highly recommend Bath Fitter to family and friends.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Dave, thank you for taking the time to leave a review! Our team prides itself on being able to deliver an outstanding product that will delight you and your family for years to come. Thank you for your business!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

Wicked awesome job installing an enclosed shower unit. Trevor and Bill gave us exceptional service. Diligent to the task. Installed as agreed and solved problems professionally and precise. I swear the shower looks 100 x’s better than the picture. They take care to set up and clean up without making or leaving a mess. I think they even wiped off their prints... anyway, they did as agreed, for cost as agreed and the product itself is as high quality as I have ever seen. Well done Bath Fitter.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Joe, thank you for sharing your awesome experience! We're glad to hear Trevor and Bill were able to go above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction. Thank you for your business!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

Bath Fitter is expensive compared to other companies, but it wasn’t much of a mess and we like the quality of everything on it and the workmanship is good. We had them remove a tub shower and install a shower in with grab bars and shelving for soap and shampoo. The installer was a good kid, very conscientious and careful.

Bath Fitter response

Hi David, thanks for sharing your great experience! We're glad to hear you are fully satisfied with your new shower. Thank you for your business!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

Bath Fitter was the only one that has a one whole unit. The units have seamless walls, so that was a better deal because we don't have time to be re-caulking things. All the plumbing in our bathroom was included. They gave the shower bars, a shower rod, and all the fixtures too. The bottom of the shower is wonderful, so I won't slip. I have problems and the installer put the bars in a good location.

The gentleman who did the installation was very nice and clean. Everything was cleaned up. He was very good and more knowledgeable. While he was here, I did a few calls with different companies who were hem-hawing saying, "This wasn't included, and you had to pay extra for that." So, it was not a good experience with the other company. The other gentleman that was going to do the remodel wanted to do only a 32-inch wide tub. I would have to go shopping for a whole new floor even though there's nothing wrong with my bathroom floor. They were not willing to expand the shower.

With Bath Fitter, it was a lot less aggravation, and I didn't have to go to Lowe's and pick out a fixture. The plumber was very good with the plumbing, too. He would tell me what he was doing and how he did the flooring. He put a new subfloor in, and he did new Sheetrock on the walls for the surround. So, it all went well. I told the people who live here that if they have tubs they wanna replace, they should call Bath Fitter. They were great.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Joe, thank you for your positive feedback! We're thrilled to hear that our Bath Fitter team was able to ensure your satisfaction. Thank you for your business!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

We're very satisfied with Bath Fitter. I like the fact that the product was a custom-fit and it wasn't a shell put over an original. They were going to tear out and put in the new custom-built shower enclosure. Plus, they guarantee their work and there was a quick turnaround. The sales rep did a great job too. He explained everything, took good care of us and made the experience easy. The installer was also professional. He came in and took care of business. He asked if I had any questions, showed me what he was gonna do and did great work. It's a beautiful set-up and Bath Fitter does a nice job. I would tell others to definitely take a look at the company.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Steve, thank you so much for your positive feedback! We're glad to hear that our Bath Fitter team was able to ensure your satisfaction with a brand new shower! Thank you for your business!

Bath Fitter expert review by Joseph Truini

Bath Fitter was founded in 1984 in Montreal. It focuses on easy-to-install custom bathtub and shower liners for homes. This bathroom remodeling company has hundreds of locations across the United States and Canada.

• Acrylic bathtub liners: Bath Fitter sells and installs durable acrylic liners that fit precisely over existing bathtubs and showers. With this approach, consumers eliminate the expense and mess of tearing out the tub or shower enclosure.

• Easy installation: The installation process is quick since the bathtub and shower don’t have to be removed. The company can also convert a combination tub/shower into a spacious shower-only unit.

• In-home consultations: Experienced bath-remodeling contractors meet with consumers to inspect the existing tub or shower and explain how the Bath Fitter solution works.

• Customized solutions: Bath Fitter customizes solutions for its customers so their selection fits their existing bathroom perfectly.

• Matching accessories: Bath Fitter has bathroom hardware and fixtures designed to perfectly match their bathroom liners. Consumers can choose from a wide range of faucets, shower rods, towel holders and other bathroom accessories complement the custom liners.

• Best for: Bath Fitter is best for homeowners, landlords and real estate investors who want to improve the look and performance of their bathrooms.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Bath Fitter Company Information