Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.37/5

Bath Fitter is an acrylic bathtub, shower enclosure and tub-to-shower conversion company. The company’s bathtub refinishing products are custom molded to fit over existing fixtures for quick and clean bathroom renovations that last a lifetime. The company can complete installations in just one day.

BOTTOM LINE

Homes and commercial bathrooms in need of a quick remodel benefit from Bath Fitter’s next-day service and fast installation. Special care is required to maintain the new bathtub or shower, but it provides an affordable upgrade.

PROS

• Next-day service
  • Demolition-free remodeling
  • Lifetime warranty on installation

CONS

• Regular cleaning required
  • Design consultation needed for quote

Top Bath Fitter Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

We called Bathfitter because our hallway bathroom was in terrible shape... The end result was fabulous. We now have an extremely beautiful tub and shower enclosure. Top notch installation ... We would recommend both Bathfitter ... for any job.

[The installers] were kind and respectful of our home and explained their work as they proceeded in the project … We are delighted with our new shower. It has brightened up our master bath, immensely. It's reassuring to work with pleasant, competent professionals who take pride in their work.

How does Bath Fitter work?

Bath Fitter’s acrylic tub shells and walls can be installed over existing structures in as little as one day. Bath Fitter has locations in the U.S. and Canada, and its factory-trained and certified installation technicians provide homeowners and commercial clients with a demolition-free remodeling solution.

The process is simple:

1. Bath Fitter’s bathroom specialists measure the tub or shower, then custom-build the new structure in one of the company’s facilities.
  2. The current surface is cleaned and repaired.
  3. The new tub shell and wall are then installed over the existing tub or shower.

Customers can browse through Bath Fitter’s selection of shelves, soap dishes, towel bars, shower rods, trims and moldings on the company’s website. A “Design Your Own Bathroom” tool lets you design a bathtub or shower with different bases, colors, wall patterns and accessories to see what the finished product will look like.

Bath Fitter cost

Bath Fitter offers specialized services, so the cost varies based on each homeowner’s needs. The company recommends contacting its representatives for a custom solution and quote. You can schedule a free virtual consultation on Bath Fitter’s website, and the company’s services include a lifetime warranty that lasts for as long as you own your home.

Bath Fitter FAQ

What is the average cost of a Bath Fitter installation?
The average cost of a Bath Fitter installation depends on each homeowner’s or facility’s needs. Schedule a free consultation on the Bath Fitter website for a personalized price estimate.
How long does it take to install a bath fitter?
Bath Fitter can install your new bathtub or shower enclosure and walls in as little as one day.
What does Bath Fitter’s warranty cover?
Bath Fitter’s warranty covers acrylic bathtubs, tub surrounds, replacement showers and shower conversions.
Does Bath Fitter do plumbing?
Bath Fitter’s process doesn’t include demolition or plumbing work. Instead, the company places the new structure over your existing bathtub.
Does mold grow under a Bath Fitter shell?
Yes, mold or mildew can grow under a Bath Fitter enclosure. Regular maintenance is required to keep buildup or residue from growing.

Is Bath Fitter worth it?

Bath Fitter helps individuals remodel their bathrooms with little to no construction. The company’s demolition-free process is ideal for those who’d like to update their current bathtub or shower for aesthetic or safety reasons. While it’s challenging to determine the price of services upfront, Bath Fitter lets customers easily book a virtual design consultation for more information. We recommend Bath Fitter for customers in search of an affordable and noninvasive remodeling solution.

Bath Fitter Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

The Bath Fitter rep was telling me that they could put in a brand-new bathtub, but I told him that I was not looking for a tub over a tub. I wanna get rid of the old tub. He told me that they have brand-new tubs. I then asked him if they were the stainless steel with the enamel on them. He replied no, and that they were acrylic. I said that was good and that was even better.

The rep then explained the whole process about putting in what they call a retainer, like you have on your hot water tank, which is a basin underneath the tub. And that was great. So if something ever happens to the tub and accidentally punctures through, at least the tub won't leak all over the floor. It will leak right into the retaining tub until I can get the thing drained. He also explained the acrylic wall, and I was very impressed with the caulking. It is some type of special caulking that doesn't yellow or shrink up. I didn't believe him until I saw it put in, then I was convinced that it really does not shrink up and it really looks nice and goes on nice too.

John, the salesperson, came out to talk to me about exactly what I wanted. He looked at everything and he confirmed with me that I wanted a shower and a bath tub. I told him yes, and then he asked me if I wanted a walk-in shower. I told him no and that I wanted a shower and a bath tub. I also wanted a handheld shower head and a shower head. And he told me that they could do that. He then explained that they would put in the three quarter inch plywood and reinforce it, and he asked me how many safety bars I wanted. I told him two. One at the entrance as you are going into the tub so you can hold on to it, and then one while you're in the tub that you can get up out of. He said okay, and then he measured everything.

After that, the pre-installer came out and he did his job by measuring everything and verifying where everything was and what to turn off. I just had plumbing redone in the house with plumbing, so I had to turn off valves everywhere. So they didn't even have to turn the water off, and they could just turn the water off going to the tub.

The installer came out, and he did a marvelous job. He tore everything out, put the plywood up, and encased the window that was there in acrylic, which John had already measured for. It really looked fabulous. I was very, very satisfied, and then he put a toilet in for me. And it only took him two days to do it. Then he got rid of all the old stuff, so I didn't have to mess with any of that crap.

I then decided to get my main bathroom done. I had a garden tub and an old shower that was too small to stand in or sit in, even though it had a bench. So John came back out and looked at it and gave me an estimate on it and we signed a contract. The same installation guy came out, and he tore out the old shower, and put plywood up instead of drywall, so I can put shelves in there. He put the three quarter-inch plywood up and I can now build my shelves in there, and then put cupboard doors on it, and it'll be a big old cupboard.

They put this walk-in shower with glass doors. It's 4 x 6 in the shower itself, and then the bench is on the back end, and they encased all that in acrylic, and they put up a sidewall. So the sidewall is on the back where the bench is. When you're sitting on the bench, you can sit back there and nobody can see you. It was all done very, very nicely. The only thing was he got me a handheld shower and I had to buy a holder for it. So if I'm sitting on the bench and wanna shave my legs, I can just hook the thing there and turn the thing off and turn it on when I want to. It's like living in luxury.

It was a massive project. It took him two full days to do it, but he had to cut my shutoff valves off. I asked him why he did that and he replied that he couldn't reach them. But I showed him this big open panel that he could access the water, and he said he forgot about that. When he left, I thought about it, and the next day I called Bath Fitter back up and told them that I paid good money for those shutoff valves, and I wanted a shutoff valve put back on. I had four of them, two cold water and two hot water, and he took all of them. Also, he cut off the pipes going up to the shower and he kept off the drain. His brother came back two days later and put the shutoff valves on and they work fine and everything was good. So it was good response. If I had a problem, I could call Bath Fitter and they would fix it. I was very pleased. If I had any more projects, I'd have Bath Fitter do them.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Estelle, thank you for sharing your wonderful experience!!

Get buying tips about Bathroom Remodeling Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

We bought a house to fix up and rent in Ocean View, Delaware, which is close to the ocean. The water here is 90% iron and 10% water. So, the tub looked like a dinosaur's teeth. It was yellow and brown. We had to replace it, so we had a contractor come and look and gave us a price, and it was good. And then we said, "Let's do what Bath Fitter says." So, we called Bath Fitter and they gave us a price that was a bit higher, but they promised us that they'd fix any walls behind that were bad that they couldn't see. And the contractor didn't promise that. He said it would be more if there was problems. The Bath Fitter salesman came and he had a bit of a pitch, but he did a good job.

When we signed the contract, their reps said they would be there on a certain day, and they were there. A guy came first to make sure that the salesman measured everything right. And then he said, "Everything's right. This is what it's gonna be." And they had a bit of a problem because the size we needed for some reason wasn't in stock. But it came two days later than they said it would. So, they got in there and took it apart. They found some problems that they needed to fix and they got everything fixed in a timely manner. Everything was good.

When they pulled up the floor, I saw that the dryer for the washer and dryer was on the other side of the wall from the bathroom because the water's right there. Whoever hooked up the dryer just took the pipe that comes out of the box out of the bottom and stuck it down under the floor. I got another piece of the dryer vent pipe and they hooked it up for me. They didn't even charge me anymore. They were under there and just did it, and I was happy with it. The whole thing took three months. Shortly after it was done, we had renters move in. But I have been in there a couple of times because they had another problem. The hose came off the washing machine that dumps the water out. So I had to go there and I looked and saw that it looked good. Everything was still clean. The guy guaranteed absolutely that it would not stain.

We did have a little problem with our water system that we had put in to stop the iron. And there has been no marks at all from the iron water. So we got that fixed too. Everything has been great. It would've been better if it was less money, but it was worth what we got. The guys came when they said they would be, they called, they were courteous, and they put down paper on the floor when they walk in and out. They did a great job and they were totally professional. I've already recommended Bath Fitter and I would continue to recommend them. I had a wonderful experience with them.

Bath Fitter response

Hi William, thank you for your review! We're glad to hear everything was completed to your satisfaction!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

When we decided to have tub to shower conversion, we didn’t know who we were gonna get. So, we went to a home show in Voorhees. There were six or seven companies that do shower work and tub work, and we did go to two of them. We knew the representative who works for one them, but we felt that the money that we would pay for Bath Fitter, based on their reputation and guarantees, would be worth it for us in the long run. We did not wanna spend a lesser amount of money, have the work done, and then have to worry about it. We wanted a quality product that we wouldn’t have to worry about so we decided to go with Bath Fitter.

We filled up the card and they called us, and their sales rep came to our home. We showed him the bathroom, how the tub was there, and he was very observant. He noted how many shampoo bottles and things we had around the tub. So, he knew right away how big of a shelving unit we were gonna need. He did preliminary measurements and he went over the different options thoroughly so we understood it. Our interaction was very nice and relaxed, we didn’t feel rushed, which we really liked. He called the next day to double check with us if we had any further questions. And I like that they did that because sometimes, you don’t think of something when the person’s there. But he was so thorough and gave us such good information that we didn’t have any more questions. We got a coupon at this home show that he was able to put towards our price so that was a nice little added bonus.

Another person came out on our agreed time and double checked the measurements. I wanted to wait a little bit to have the work done, because I was having work done in my kitchen and other work done in my bathroom such as such as new flooring and new walls by a separate contractor that we had. Both Bath Fitters and my contractor agreed that Bath Fitter should do their work last. So, I had to wait to get the work done first. The Bath Fitter rep said, “Bath Fitter is gonna call you and try to set up your appointment, but every month, you just say you wanna wait a month. I wanna wait a month.’” I thought I was gonna wait until September to have it done, but we ended up moving some money around and being able to afford to do it sooner, and the work was done in our bathroom end of July, beginning of August.

I thought there would be a few people, but my bathroom is small so a few people wouldn’t really fit in there to do it. But the one that came the first day did hard work. He was pounding to get everything out of there. And then, the second day, he actually had a helper who came and helped them put in some things. So, it was a two-day work and everything went fine. I really like how they protected my carpeting between the front door and where the bathroom is. They laid the tarp cloth down and made sure that we wouldn’t trip on them. Throughout the whole process, the installers, the salesman and the measurement guy made the appointment and showed up when they were supposed to show up. They worked hard and it was all done.

They have in writing that we can only use certain products on the surface and they were very explicit to make sure of that, otherwise, we might ruin the surface. So, I read through it and I picked one of the products. But it has bleach in it and it bothers me with my lungs to use that product. They’re fine, but I don’t like using that stuff. I’m gonna have to go back to the literature and look at the other products on the list. That was my only issue but that’s my fault. It’s just awful, that bleach smell even with the windows open. Bath Fitter is an expensive product, but I figured we deserved it.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Ellen, thank you for sharing your experience! We are so glad to hear everything was completed to your satisfaction! Thank you for your business.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

Everything was better than anticipated in our Bath Fitter experience. In the very beginning, the sales rep who came out was very cordial, easy to talk with, good to explain the entire process, and just a very nice gentleman. He not overpowering nor a pressure type salesman. And the communication between the company and the next gentleman who came out to take the actual measurements was the same as he was also very pleasant. Then, each individual who came to the house called ahead before they got here, so we knew exactly when they were coming and who they were, and showed credentials and verified ID before they came in. They were very professional and not overbearing that, “I am the Bath Fitter and here’s what you're gonna do,” type thing. So, it was a very easy process.

My wife and I ran ideas of what we wanted and then they accommodated these to the very best of ability, considering the materials and what they had to work with. And when the installation came, the gentleman that did the install was here within 10 minutes of the timeframe he said he was going to be so things went as smooth as possible. Of course, there always was going to be a little bit of a hiccup, but nothing that he couldn’t handle. He also didn’t take any breaks and he worked straight through. We’d offered him a sandwich or a cup of coffee, and he took a bottled water, but he didn’t take any coffee as he wanna keep working. He even treated everything as if it was in his own house. The only issue we had was the sliding glass doors on the shower as they were warped. So, he went ahead and reordered. I thought it was just a door, but he reordered a set of both doors.

When the doors came in, another gentleman came out and put them in and realigned up the way they were supposed to be. In fact, he double-checked the doors first and one door was a good quarter inch warped and the other one was between a quarter and a half inch warped. So, he went ahead and put the new doors in, double-checked them again, and they were nice and straight and flush and have them aligned. We were extremely pleased with the entire process and we have no complaints as far as Bath Fitter's end goes. We had a little bit of issue with the finance company, but that has been taken care of. Now, we have also referenced Bath Fitter to a couple other people we know who are in the process of bath remodels.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you so much for sharing your experience Randall!!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

Bath Fitter did our bathroom 10 years ago. I used them again when I wanted my other bathroom done in one day. This time, we ended up having them tear the tub out and we had a full shower put in. Everything was pretty well standard with what we picked out. The sales rep was really good. He showed us all the different colors that we could get the wall in and the designs. I wanted the marble look because I wanted it to go with the counters that we were putting in. We tore out the whole bathroom and we had it all done before they put in the shower. All they did was put in the shower and they caulked all around where the tub met the floor. It came out very nicely and I'm very happy with it. I like that the shower is big.

I would and have recommended Bath Fitter to people. I was shocked that they got the tub out of there. Only one man did that. I have a two-story house and the guy had no problem making it down my steps. He cleaned up after themselves well and I was just really impressed. They did a nice job which I knew they would because they did a nice job the first time.

There was another thing that I liked. I had called Bath Fitter to come out and recaulk my other bathroom that they had done. They came back two or three times and recaulked it because it looked bad and it started making it look old. The guy was so nice. I told him about the side peelings on the walls of the glass that they put. I didn't know why the paint started peeling off but it looked terrible. I have slider doors on the bathtub so you still have to step in to get into the bathtub. I asked the guy if there was any way that I could have them replaced. I was gonna pay for it and everything.

He told me that everything was under warranty and that was a shock to me. I was so impressed that their warranty is a lifetime one. He let me pick stuff out. He said they don't make the doors anymore but they would totally replace them. I got him to match my other bathroom. The brushed nickel is what they both are now. Before, they were white and the paint was peeling off.

I also told the guy that the paint had all worn off on my faucets and he said that was under my warranty too. He added they would replace my faucets. I got him to match both bathrooms. It was just so nice that they did that. They changed the showerhead and everything. The showerheads and the faucets are all the same, even though I got the full glass doors in the walk-in shower. The guy told me too that if the glass would ping or anything like that, they would replace the glass doors. No questions asked.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience Dorothy! We are so glad to hear Bath Fitter was able to ensure your satisfaction once again!!

Original review: June 30, 2020

To say we have had an awful experience with Bath Fitter of Huntsville is a massive understatement. We have had our Bath Fitter tub for just over two years (upstairs master bath) and it has leaked/flooded our living room twice - requiring contractors to come in and fix the ceilings. The last issue happened in mid-November and we did not have a functioning master tub/shower until May 5th. I called in Dec. to get a time frame and was told that someone forgot to order it, and because of the holidays we wouldn't be seen until the new year. Our Feb 4th appointment was cancelled at 7:15 the morning of, because the person who was scheduled was sick. They rescheduled for Feb 14th.

On Feb 14th the man who came out took some measurements and left. I called the office to see when he would be back to install the tub and was told that it would be another month - they had messed up our measurements and the tub that was ordered did not fit - this was discussed at their weekly meeting but no one thought to give us a heads up. I insisted on a weekend install because we were done taking days off of work for this to get fixed. On March 14th our tub was finally installed - however when we tried turning it on a few days later (after letting everything dry as instructed) we found that there was a leak from the tub faucet. Because of COVID-19 they were not able to get their plumber out to our house until May 5th.

This whole experience has been a fiasco! We do currently have a working shower & tub, however this last installation had some very shoddy work. The guys left ripped drywall, a massive gash in our vanity cabinets (but they painted it and said, "you can't even tell"), the caulking is bumpy & uneven and they did not replace the baseboard moldings (I was told I can find some leftovers and fix it myself). And this is not even touching on the issue of getting the contractors paid for their work - which took months and the contractors reaching out to me to ask for help getting Bath Fitters to pay. I have attached photos from the most recent install.

Bath Fitter response

Hello Mrs. Carroll, we are sorry to hear about this issue. Our team did reach out on July 8th to address this matter and assist with a resolution but we were unable to reach you and left a voicemail. Please return our call so we can best assist. Thank you.

Original review: June 30, 2020

Tub out. Shower in. The work was outstanding. He was done by supper time. All cleaned up and no problems. He was very professional and friendly. Didn't mind us asking questions or taking photos. Would highly recommend Bath Fitter. Also enjoyed the Country Music all day.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear our installer was able to provide you with a great experience!!

Original review: June 27, 2020

Just completed the redo of our Main Bath. Wonderful job completed in one day! Installer, Antonio, was professional to the finish, explaining each step as needed. Plus, he was as pleasant to deal with as he was proficient. I highly recommend Bath Fitter without reservation!

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your great review Paul! We are glad to hear everything was completed to your satisfaction!!

Original review: June 23, 2020

Joseph S provided great service for my experience with Bath Fitter Colorado. He was prompt and professional at every step. The Bathroom came out great. The previous condition of the bathroom was subpar.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Stephen! We are glad to hear Joseph was able to provide you with a great experience!!

Original review: June 17, 2020

We had a Bath Fitter shower installed 8 years ago. The install went smoothly and Joey went above and beyond when installing it. He was helpful, clean, & neat. I could not have asked for more. Recently I had 2 issues with the shower, bath fitter was so helpful in solving my problems. I cannot tell you how comforting that is after all these years.

Last month I had a walk in tub installed by ANOTHER company. Expecting the same professionalism, boy was I disappointed!. They were sloppy, scratched my floors and walls, marked up the molding. It took me a couple of hours to clean up after them. After that horrible experience I want to say thank you again to bath fitter.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your Great review Nancy!!

Bath Fitter Company Information