It's that easy Request Information
4.47/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Bath Fitter is North America's leading acrylic bathtub, shower enclosure and tub-to-shower conversion company. Our bathtub refinishing products are custom molded to fit over existing fixtures for quick and clean bathroom renovations that last a lifetime. Best of all, we can complete the installation in just one day without compromising quality.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

3514 Bath Fitter Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

I have friends who had used Bath Fitter and I've heard that they put out a good product. We went on the reputation and purchased a tub from them. We were a little bit limited because we were only doing the tub and there was a window in the way. So we needed to have a specific type and the representatives were always very helpful. For the installation, one person came out and his attitude was good but it didn't go as smoothly. He chipped the grab bar then the top of the tub had a tiny chip in it too. But the company rectified it all. The tub is also a very good product and it looks good. You can tell it's a new tub, but you can barely tell that it wasn't just there. I would recommend Bath Fitter.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Anna, thank you so much for sharing your experience! Our team prides itself on delivering an outstanding product that will delight you and your family for years to come. We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your great experience and we are so thrilled that you love your new bathtub. Thank you again for your business.

Get expert buying tips about Bathroom Remodeling Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

The first place I heard of Bath Fitter was down at Fort Myers, Florida. An older lady down there had them to do one of her tubs and then I talked to another person that's in the St. Louis area this spring and they liked Bath Fitter. The company was advertising on television and I had picked up their number and called them. I've had good results remodeling with them. I purchased the bathtub and the smooth wall rather than the brick-looking wall. The installation was excellent. It's very well-organized. The plumber let a little water drip down to come down from the ceiling tile, but I had KILZ on that and that took care of that so it wasn't any big deal.

Bath Fitter response

Hi John, thank you for sharing your experience! We are thrilled to hear that the entire experience was completed to your satisfaction. We really appreciated you taking the time to write about your remodel and thank you again for your business!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

We are very happy with our shower stall installation. It's made a huge difference in the appearance of our bathroom. Best of all it looks fantastic and is so easy to clean. The installation went smoothly and was quick. Our installer really took the time to explain the process and answer any questions. Highly recommend.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Jeannine, thank you so much for sharing your experience! Our team prides itself on delivering an outstanding product that will delight you and your family for years to come. We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your great experience and we are so thrilled that you love your new shower. Thank you again for your business.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I approached Bath Fitter seeking a new bathtub and shower. In every way, Bath Fitter surpassed my expectations. From the beginning of the process to the end, the people I dealt with were professional competent and knowledgeable. From the original consultation through the process of doing the exact measurements to the installation, Bath Fitter met the need. The quality of the product I purchased is excellent. Although I do admit, the final cost was a bit higher than expected I could not be more satisfied with the outcome. It is apparent to me that quality does cost a bit more but quality also last longer and looks better. Again, I could not be more satisfied with Bath Fitter. I recommend this company to anyone seeking a new bathroom.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Richard, thank you so much for sharing your experience! Our team prides itself on delivering an outstanding product that will delight you and your family for years to come. We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your great experience and we are so thrilled that you love your new Bath Fitter unit. Thank you again for your business.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I got something in the mail from Bath Fitter and I called them. I also called Re-Bath but I was more impressed with Bath Fitter. The price was a little bit better but the customer service was way better. Whoever owned the house before me had painted the tub. The paint was peeling and it was atrocious, so I had the new tub fit over it, the liner, and then I also had the walls around it done. The lady on the phone had to reschedule an appointment one time and she was super nice. The guy who came to the house to give me the prices was very good and the guy who did the work was fabulous. I’m very happy with the quality and I would recommend Bath Fitter. It’s not cheap but it’s worth the money and it’s a good investment.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Kimberly, thank you so much for sharing your experience! Our team prides itself on delivering an outstanding product that will delight you and your family for years to come. We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your great experience and we are so thrilled that you love your new Bath Fitter unit. Thank you again for your business.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Bath Fitter was more local and since they were here, I tried them. They took out the old bathtub and the plumbing, and they also replaced the showerheads. We talked to the sales rep and he was very nice and helpful. One guy did the installation. I asked him questions and he told us everything. He even cleaned up the mess and he wasn’t sloppy. He did a good job and I love the finished product.

Bath Fitter response

Hi LuAnn, thank you so much for sharing! We’re thrilled that you had a great experience and that our team went above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction. We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your remodel and thank you again for your business!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I was researching on the internet on a fast way of bathroom remodeling where the older-house bathtub wouldn’t have to be torn out and I found Bath Fitter. The salesman was awesome. When he came out, he gave me the options and the prices of the expensive stuff and the least expensive one, and he told me what I could and couldn’t do. I looked up the reviews and although Bath Fitter is very expensive compared to other bathroom remodeling companies, their reviews were better and they had a very good system where the job could be done in a day.

In the bathroom remodeling that Bath Fitter did, they covered the bathtub which is an extra-large bathtub in an old, two-story house. They also did the walls up to where the old shower was and they replaced the showerhead and the faucet. The plumber was amazing. The installer was newer at the job and it took him a lot longer to do it than we thought, but he finished it. The poor guy worked his little tail off until 7:00 o’ clock at night but he did a good job. I live in the house with my best friend and he is very happy with the job that was done. The tub is great and easy to clean, and we love it. I’ve recommended Bath Fitter to other people and the daughter of my co-worker, to whom I mentioned Bath Fitter, used them. She has an older condo, so an overlay for her bathtub was a perfect fit.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Sherri, thank you so much for sharing! We’re thrilled that you had a great experience and that our team went above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction. We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your remodel and thank you again for your business!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I needed something done quickly and Bath Fitter said they could do it fast so I chose them. The sales rep that I dealt with before the installation was very informative. He knew what he was talking about and he helped answer all my questions. Then my mom, who was there for the installation, said that the installer was wonderful. She mentioned several times that I had to call to let the company know that and I did. Bath Fitter did the shell of the tub, the walls, and the ceiling. I’m very satisfied with the finished product. When I used Bath Fitter, it was a very easy process and it worked out well.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Sarah, thank you so much for sharing! We’re thrilled that you had a great experience and that our team went above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction. We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your remodel and thank you again for your business!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I got a couple of quotes and I had three different companies come out including Bath Fitter. I also ask people around work and someone actually had Bath Fitter. I ended up going with Bath Fitter and I got a new tub liner and then the backing on the wall to the ceiling. The sales rep was very personable and knowledgeable. I asked some questions about his competitors. He knew the answers and he was honest. The installer was wonderful. He did a great job, but he did leave quite a mess with the caulks on the floor, the carpeting and in the walls. They only had one person come out and it was a full 10-hour day where he didn’t even get to go to lunch. It’s a lot of work for one person. I suggest they have a second person as part of the installation in case there are issues and to put a little more emphasis on clean-up. Nevertheless, their prices are good. I would tell my friends that Bath Fitter is a good quality product.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Scott, thank you so much for sharing your experience! Our team prides itself on delivering an outstanding product that will delight you and your family for years to come. We appreciate your feedback, and thank you again for your business!

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

I went with Bath Fitter to put in a new bathtub. Their sales rep was tough on what he wanted to do with the price, but he was all right. The guy that put the tub in did an above-average job. He was easy-going and he worked with me. But after I had it done with them, I would've probably been better off going with the other company because I would’ve gotten a lot more for my money. Aside from a new bathtub, I could have also gotten a new vanity replaced and the plumbing done for $300 more. Also, I didn't like the caulking deal which they would have to come back and do it every six months so I gotta always call them back to re-caulk.

If someone would ask me about Bath Fitter, I would tell them that they are way overpriced. If they shop around, they should get a better deal on a remodel especially if they do it in wintertime because those guys wanna stay working so they come down in price in the wintertime. My son had his redone for $500 more, but he had the flooring repainted, a new fan, and vanity with the new tub and shower. Everything was included for that which was a good deal.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Bill, thank you for sharing your experience. We are happy to hear that our team was able to ensure your satisfaction. Thank you again for your business.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

I had Bath Fitter two times. 10 years ago, we bought a bathtub and just about a year ago, we had a walk-in shower put in for my husband. They did an excellent job. Our interactions with their reps were excellent. They were very nice people and they were not pushy. They came to the house, went over everything with me and made sure I was satisfied. The installation team was very nice and very efficient. They did a beautiful work and they backed their work up, too. If you have anything wrong, you can call them and they’ll come right back out. Price wise, it was good. I was happy with Bath Fitter and I’d recommend them to anybody. It is the best and you can’t go wrong with it.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Dorthy, thank you so much for sharing your experience! Our team prides itself on delivering an outstanding product that will delight you and your family for years to come. We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your great experience and we are so thrilled that you love your new shower. Thank you again for your business.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

We had a large shower base and the three sides done by Bath Fitter. It was done about three weeks ago and we're very satisfied. Their salesman was very straightforward and yet it wasn't like trying to push anything on us. He just presented the information in a very informative way and gave us all our options and then left the decision up to us. We liked that. Then it was just one man who came and did the installation. He was very personable, quick, and tidy. The only thing that we were unaware of is we had thought that the three little shelves in the corner was gonna go up near the shower head, and it ended up being in the end of the shower. We just assumed that was the way that the product would end up as what was shown to us. Nevertheless, we've already shown to a number of people the results and we are very pleased with it.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Paula, thank you so much for sharing your experience! Our team prides itself on delivering an outstanding product that will delight you and your family for years to come. We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your great experience and we are so thrilled that you love your new shower. Thank you again for your business.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

We used Bath Fitter for a remodel and got our tub, the tub surround and all the fixtures from them. Dealing with their sales reps was awesome as they were really down-to-earth normal people. Our rep tried to make sure that I got what I wanted. The guy who did the installation was awesome too. He got everything done super-quick. I'm very satisfied with my Bath Fitter products. Working with Bath Fitter was pricey but it was worth not having to do it myself. This was one of the first things where we had somebody do start to finish for us and it was worth every penny.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Kim, thank you so much for sharing! We are thrilled to hear that our team from the sales rep to the installer were able to ensure your satisfaction. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your great experience. Thank you again for your business.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I liked Bath FItter's product and how it worked so I asked them to come out and give me an estimate. The sales agent who came here and gave me the estimate was thorough. He was right to the point and I enjoyed speaking with him. I was satisfied with their estimate and we had them do the remodel. A young man did all the installation all by himself. He was a fantastic craftsman. Everything was absolutely perfect when he was finished. We were extremely satisfied with what was done. They have put in a new bathtub and the surrounding thing on it. We also had new fixtures and a new shower. It's better than I ever thought it would be. My wife and I loves it. If anyone's gonna have their bathroom done, I would tell them to check Bath Fitter because they are that good.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Karl, thank you so much for sharing! We’re thrilled that you had a great experience and that our team went above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction. Thank you again for your business!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

We got Bath Fitter a couple of months ago. We saw them when we were walking through the mall in Springfield. We went down, looked and their reps were nice, answered our questions and treated us decently. We tried to remodel once and the guy at the company we tried was a real jerk. We were really putting them out, asking them questions, and we said we were not doing business with them.

Bath Fitter did two bathrooms, showers, and tub covers. They made a bathtub into just a plain shower and we are really happy with that. We are also really impressed with the guy who put it in. He impressed us a lot more than the actual sales rep. The young man that was doing the installation seemed like he knew what he was talking about. He went a little beyond what he was contracted to do without cost to us, which showed us that he appreciated the business. Also, that was one of the hottest times of the year and I felt so bad that we forgot to put the air condition on. We were really impressed with how hard and quick he worked under that condition and didn't say a word. When we got back, he had it done and he was really decent about everything.

In addition, we had a 6’5’’ son-in-law and my sons are all over six-foot, and they were always complaining about taking showers. So, the installer extended the shower so that my 6'5'' son-in-law can shower without bending over. The installer made it happen and we were really impressed with that. I'm really happy with the showers upstairs and downstairs. I'd suggest Bath Fitter to others.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Chris, thank you so much for sharing! We’re thrilled that you had a great experience and that our team went above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction. We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your remodel. Thank you again for your business!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

I got a shower and all the accessories from Bath Fitter. They were not more than the local contractor that my brother used for his bathroom remodeling. They were within $200 and they did it all at once and it was complete. Their sales reps were very good. The installers were quick, efficient and knowledgeable. Bath Fitter’s products are good and I recommend them.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Bill, thank you so much for sharing your experience! Our team prides itself on delivering an outstanding product that will delight you and your family for years to come. We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your remodel. Thank you again for your business.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

Just love my bathroom now. The installer Dylan performed MAGIC. The white surround makes my room look so much larger. As an Airbnb host, I've gotten great reviews because of this terrific room. I can easily clean everything between guests, where I used to have to make time to scrub my old tub.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Linda, thank you so much for sharing! We're happy to hear you are loving your new Bath Fitter unit. We hope that you, and your guests, continue to enjoy it for years to come. Thank you again for your business!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

I had a cast iron tub and years ago I took it out and put it back in because the floor needed to be repaired. This time, taking that tub out was more than I wanted to do. The only option was to find some way to cover it and the only one I knew that did that was Bath Fitter because I had seen their commercial. I called, talked to them and the price seemed to be pretty reasonable for what you get. John, from Bath Fitter, was terrific. He worked fast and did quality work. He did the original installation in late July, then we found out that there was another piece that I wanted for the covering of the ceiling so we added that on. He came back on the 6th of August and did that. Then I refinished the rest of the bathroom myself. The tub installation was just plain awesome.

I only have one concern about the tub though. Because of the special plates that I have to wear, I take baths instead of showers. After three weeks of taking baths, I noticed that there was a ring around the base of the sidewalls of the tub, at just about water level. It looks like a shadow. Now, after I take a bath every day, I rinse the tub, squirt it with Windex multi-surface, scrub it by hand, then rinse the whole thing out and dry it all off. It keeps it to the point where it’s just a very light shadow. You have to really look at it to know it’s there, but for some reason, I notice it. My understanding was that nothing would adhere to the surface of the tub because it was a non-porous material but there’s something in the water that attaches to that.

Bath Fitter has another commercial. The guy says that one of the greatest feelings is that when you get done, the people come in there and they’re just awestruck because it’s so impressive and it really is. I’ve often looked at the commercials and I said that nothing is that perfect. They look perfect on TV but in reality, it's not gonna be that good. However, it is that good with Bath Fitter. I don’t know how they do it because houses over the years shift so walls aren’t truly aligned anymore but when Bath Fitter gets done it’s absolutely beautiful.

Bath Fitter response

Hi James, thank you so much for sharing! We’re thrilled that you had a great experience and that our team went above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction. We have passed the information about the ring along to the branch and they should be in contact shortly to address that issue. Thank you again for your business!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

Someone from Bath Fitter went to my gym. I figured if I knew someone who works at Bath Fitter, I could judge what they were like. Everything turned out good. We got a walk-in shower and I have recommended Bath Fitter to some of my friends.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Elinor, thank you so much for sharing! We’re thrilled that you had a great experience and that our team went above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction. Thank you again for your business!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

Dave has experience with RV's and knew what was needed to fix the problem that we had with the surround that was replaced with a new one. Robert ** came to the house where we kept our RV and installed a new surround after replacing the old one. He did an excellent installation and cleaned up the mess and hauled the old one away. He is also a very nice person and my husband and I are very pleased with the professionalism he displayed. Thanks Bath Fitter for the great job we received.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Lois, thank you so much for sharing! We’re thrilled that you had a great experience and that our team went above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction. Thanks again for your business!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

When we went to Home Depot, we saw the Bath Fitter display. They gave me a card and I called Bath Fitter. When the rep came, he showed the samples and explained which ones were the most popular. We want safety and we’re not into glamour that much and so, he recommended the slip-resistance grip bars. He mentioned that everything that was put in is an industrial quality and that mattered to us too. He also explained how high we could go with the shower unit. He did a great job and we ended up getting the clear glass shower doors, the plain white, smooth shower inside, and the single shelf to hold supplies. We were happy with that. However, the cost choked me and because we’re retired and on fixed income, we didn’t get the 20% discount. So, in a sense, we’re paying interest every month but at least, the shower is in now. It was expensive but I was happy to have the job completed in one day and have it very clean.

The man who came to do the installation was amazing. He cut the tub in half and carried the pieces out himself. The first thing he did was put protection down on our countertop in the bathroom where he was gonna lay his tools. He was extremely neat. At one point, another gentleman came in. The pipes had to go higher because it wasn’t going from a bathtub. He cut into the walls and checked, and there was no mold or mildew behind our existing bathtub, which was nice. Also, the floor was dry. He did a great job.

We asked for a third bar to be put in. He looked at how clean I kept everything. He said that the disks that go on either end of the grab bar and go into the wall can be sealed. The sealant can be put on them and they can go right on, or I can twist on and off and get behind them if I wanna clean them. He also told me that I may want to not have that sealant put on because over time, it’ll be cleaner if I didn’t have it and I said okay. I’ve been going in and unscrewing and cleaning. It’s really easy to do since it’s just a single twist but my husband said that he wished I had it sealed. There are six spots because there are three grab bars, so the only regret I have is that I didn’t tell him to seal those. However I will ask Bath Fitter about getting the sealant put on when I call them about a type of cleaner that I want to use.

Also, there are two shower doors and we’re supposed to use one of them in a certain way so that there’s no leaking. When it’s closed, there’s a little hook and we’re supposed to pull that to open because the bathtubs are on the outside. The little hook is a piece of equipment that screws into the door handle on the other side, but we don’t see the screw. It’s a little white tab and on it is a U-shaped piece of metal that we push to open and close the door. A knob would probably look kinda corny, but for the elderly people, it’s hard to grab that little thing. There’s also a little bit of suction to pull it to get it open, so I’m putting my hand on the glass and I’m also using that thing. Each door has one and the metal tab thing that opens and closes has come off. It’s falling off and I put it back in where the holes are. It’s not making me feel comfortable and it’s difficult to open and close the door.

I wish that in future designs of the door, they could have something a little more substantial because a lot of people using the door are elderly people. Anybody who has arthritis wouldn’t even be able to get their finger in that little piece to push it open and closed. On the other hand, stepping in and out of the shower is fine. Everything is absolutely perfect.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Alice, thank you so much for sharing your experience! Our team prides itself on delivering an outstanding product that will delight you and your family for years to come. We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your great experience and we are so thrilled that you love your new shower. Thank you again for your business.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I was at the beginning of a bathroom remodeling and thought that I would start with Bath Fitter and see what they have to offer. I ended up getting a shower/tub enclosure, a tub and new faucets. I also had the shower head moved up six inches and a dome put in in the shower area. The Bath Fitter rep was nice and great to work with and I was so pleased with the installation. My installer’s name was Joe and he was great. He cleaned up after himself and it was wonderful. I would recommend Bath Fitter to anybody. In fact, I have and I would have Bath Fitter again either next year or the following year because I’m going to have my other bathroom redone and they’d be the first ones I'd contact to see what we can come up with.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Janet, thank you for sharing your experience. We are thrilled to hear you are loving your new Bath Fitter unit! We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your great experience. Thank you again for your business!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

We tried other remodeling companies but they wanted to remodel the whole bathroom which we didn’t want to. When we called Bath Fitter, they got us an appointment right away and the guys were convenient as far as the payment and how fast they were. Also, it was really true so it was a good choice. The sales rep was knowledgeable and answered all our questions. He was very thorough and he applied for the credit card right away and gave us the information. He guided us a little bit with the products and showed us samples of the material. He also had pictures so it was very nice. We changed the whole bathtub and the installers were fast and good. Bath Fitter is a bit pricey but it is worth it and I recommend them. There is a lifetime guarantee on the product, so whenever there is a problem with it, they will come and fix it.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Amna, thank you so much for sharing. We are thrilled to hear that your choice of Bath Fitter for your bathroom remodling led to your ultimate satisfaction. Our team prides itself on delivering an outstanding product that will delight you and your family for years to come. Thank you again for your business!

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I just wanted a ballpark quote for a bathroom repair in a rental property. Just a ball park which included wall panels, and bathtub. All standard sizes. Wouldn't even give me a price range, so I said. "I guess you don't want my business." Not interested in making a trip to the property if it's too high.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Christie, thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately since everything we do is custom-made, our pricing really depends on your bathroom, the complexity of the job and your choice of accessories, which can make it difficult to provide a ballpark quote at times. We appreciate your feedback as it will help us improve in the future. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I have a house that was built in 1937, so we still have the ugly tiles. There was toffee cream and then some other tile, and one bathroom still has the clawfoot tub. I had quotes from Re-Bath but they would have taken me about six weeks out in terms of the work. I chose Bath Fitter for their availability. They would be able to get me in relatively early and according to my timeline. Also, I had used Bath Fitter when my mother was living. They redid her tub for her bathroom.

The sales representative was good. Thereafter, the guys from Bath Fitter came out and reviewed his work. Also, the installation team was great to work with. They kept busy, answered questions and really made the experience fun. However, there were some issues with what I wanted done and what could possibly have been done. The measurements were a little off and we had to order another product instead, so there was a delay of one week. Still, Bath Fitter got me in and they did two bathrooms for me. One bathroom was totally remodeled to cover up the old tile and we got rid of the tub in the other bathroom. Also, if I needed anything, they were able to come out and bring the extra tile, rack or whatever was needed.

Since the installation, I've been loving both bathrooms. Their team was very thorough and they did a great job. They also found an issue. I purchased the house in April, and I'm not sure how it slipped by a couple of the inspectors, but I had two hot water lines going into my bathtub, my shower area. So if I had been in the shower area and turned on the water, I would have gotten scalded because it was that hot. I was very happy that I decided to take my time moving and had the bathrooms done. The only con I have is that considering what I looked at from Re-Bath, Bath Fitter probably needs to provide more variety in terms of their product samples and their overall inventory. Still, they are a great group of people to work with.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Dietrice, thank you so much for sharing your experience! Our team prides itself on delivering an outstanding product that will delight you and your family for years to come. We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your great experience and we are so thrilled that you love your new remodel. We appreciate your feedback, and thank you again for your business.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

The Bath Fitter sales rep that came out and talked to us was pleasant. I liked him. He was very knowledgeable and he answered everything. Then, the guy that came out and installed everything was very professional, personable and nice, too. We did the walk-in shower in one room and a tub in the other about a month ago. He did great. I love the unit, but I’m having buyer’s remorse because it cost so much. It’s very expensive and I’m too embarrassed to even tell anybody I paid what I paid -- I wouldn’t refer them because of the cost. Still, I would tell my friends that Bath Fitter is awesome. Everything was good.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Mary, thank you so much for sharing your experience! Our team prides itself on delivering an outstanding product that will delight you and your family for years to come. We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience and we are so thrilled that you love your new shower and bathtub. Thank you again for your business.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

I have worked with Bath Fitter all the time and I see that they’re doing a good job. So I called and the man who came here looked around and said they were gonna charge me for the job. I told him to go ahead. The installer was a nice person who did well. He put a tub over the tub and then he covered the tub and just walled everything up. Although we're really happy with it, the sliding door collects some water that we have to wipe out with a towel. Other than that, Bath Fitter is really good. I would tell friends to go ahead and do it.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Chanduhei, thank you so much for sharing your experience! Our team prides itself on delivering an outstanding product that will delight you and your family for years to come. We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your great experience and we are so thrilled that you love your new bathtub. Thank you again for your business.

No response received
Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

I thought Bath Fitter was the way to go considering my mother used them at her house. Excellent quality, easy to clean, and guaranteed. Boy was I wrong. I am a new customer to them. The sales person responded almost immediately to give us a quote and start the paperwork. Sales rep was as expected; great. However if you have any family emergencies, totaled vehicle, injured family member, catastrophic events occur in your life prepare to be neglected and ignored when asking to postpone or cancel the remodel.

I have called four times, spoken to countless customer service members, and have even left messages with the nice gentleman who sold the job and insisted we could call him if we needed anything at all. Sales pitch if you ask me. Here it is week three of no results and $305 dollars gone and unheard of. It's a waiting game to see if they'll take the other 6 grand. All and all just be careful. The sales reps are great at what they do and no it's not easy to get out of once you're in.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Nicole, thank you for reaching out. This does not sound like the experience we strive for and we'd like the opportunity to investigate further. We will be in touch in private to gather more information. Thank you

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

I have a bathroom that has the stick tile and we needed a bathtub. The old tub was in that bathroom since 1951 and the porcelain was wearing off. We had to rip the bathroom apart to get the tub out because the rest of the bathroom was in good shape. And Bath Fitter was the answer. A gentleman came out and measured it all up. He was super and he knew what he was talking about. We talked about the price and it was right, so that was what I did. The guy that installed it was excellent too and it took him about seven hours. He was very polite and he cleaned up well that one wouldn’t even know he was in there. He did a professional job. The new tub is great and it looks like it belongs there, and I love it. There are other companies out there, but I would highly recommend Bath Fitter in a second. I would even let other people look at my tub.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Robert, thank you so much for sharing! We’re thrilled that you had a great experience and that our team went above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction. Our team prides itself on delivering an outstanding product that will delight you and your family for years to come. Thank you again for your business.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

Bath Fitter has a great product and good people to work with. But it's expensive. You've gotta wanna spend that kind of money. In my case, I liked the looks of Bath Fitter and the work was gonna be done in one day instead of torn up for several days. So that was my decision maker in going with them. I talked to a couple of different Bath Fitter representatives here and in their showroom. They were very knowledgeable and I had all good experiences with them. I had one shower done and the installer did a good job. He took out the five-foot shower I had to begin with and put the new one in. He was very friendly too.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Joyce, thank you so much for sharing your experience! Our team prides itself on delivering an outstanding product that will delight you and your family for years to come. We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your great experience and we are so thrilled that you love your new shower. Thank you again for your business.

Bath Fitter expert review by Joseph Truini

Bath Fitter was founded in 1984 in Montreal. It focuses on easy-to-install custom bathtub and shower liners for homes. This bathroom remodeling company has hundreds of locations across the United States and Canada.

• Acrylic bathtub liners: Bath Fitter sells and installs durable acrylic liners that fit precisely over existing bathtubs and showers. With this approach, consumers eliminate the expense and mess of tearing out the tub or shower enclosure.

• Easy installation: The installation process is quick since the bathtub and shower don’t have to be removed. The company can also convert a combination tub/shower into a spacious shower-only unit.

• In-home consultations: Experienced bath-remodeling contractors meet with consumers to inspect the existing tub or shower and explain how the Bath Fitter solution works.

• Customized solutions: Bath Fitter customizes solutions for its customers so their selection fits their existing bathroom perfectly.

• Matching accessories: Bath Fitter has bathroom hardware and fixtures designed to perfectly match their bathroom liners. Consumers can choose from a wide range of faucets, shower rods, towel holders and other bathroom accessories complement the custom liners.

• Best for: Bath Fitter is best for homeowners, landlords and real estate investors who want to improve the look and performance of their bathrooms.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Bath Fitter Company Information