It's that easy Request Information
4.30/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Bath Fitter is North America's leading acrylic bathtub, shower enclosure and tub-to-shower conversion company. Our bathtub refinishing products are custom molded to fit over existing fixtures for quick and clean bathroom renovations that last a lifetime. Best of all, we can complete the installation in just one day without compromising quality.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

3696 Bath Fitter Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I notified Bath Fitter out at the mall and they called me, then we set up an appointment. I thought that going with them would be a good way to go because it was all gonna be guaranteed for life and it was all sealed. Their sales representative explained everything really well to be able to tune exactly where we were coming from. The guys that came out to do the install were on time and cleaned up very well afterward. The finished product is beautiful. Bath Fitter has been the fastest ones so far. I just wish they did more than just the bathtub and showers I wish they expanded to do more things because the quality of the work they put in was excellent.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Wayne, thank you for your positive feedback! We're happy to hear you are loving your new bathroom. Thank you for your business!

Get expert buying tips about Bathroom Remodeling Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Chino did my install, he was on time and professional. I’m very pleased with his work and attention to detail. Plus he really loves his job. That makes all the difference in the world. I would recommend Chino to anyone planning a makeover.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Dianne, thank you for your review! We so glad to hear Chino was able to go above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction! Thank you for your business!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

A friend of mine recommended Bath Fitter and that was why I went with them. The sales rep we dealt with was very good. He explained everything and answered the questions we asked. Then two weeks ago, Bath Fitter did the installation and they did a great job. The plumber came on the first day and all that took a couple hours. Then the installer came and it took about six and a half hours. And so far, the quality is good.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Norman! We are thrilled to hear you had a great experience with Bath Fitter! Thank you for your business!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I had the tub surround with the walls installed with Bath Fitter and their salesman was terrible. He needed to get his game together. He didn't do anything that he set about, so they had to have somebody else step in. The installers told me that they were gonna do one thing, but whenever the guy showed up to do it, he left because what I was told and what was on the work order were two different things, and he wasn’t gonna do something that wasn’t right. So, the manager of the installer was the one that took care of it. When the guys came out the second time to do the install, it went fine.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Scott, thank you for your feedback. We're glad to hear that ultimately our branch was able to install your bathtub to your satisfaction. Thank you for your review.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

They do not stand by their lifetime warranty. Shower head was leaking, they made me call Delta. Then they wanted $75.00 to put in. We paid almost 4000.00 for this. $500 was for shower head, we were told at time of purchase that we would not be covered if we used our shower head. Money down the drain with Bath Fitter.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

The consultant told me I should expect 2 teams, one for each bathroom. He said they should complete the tubs and shower walls in about 6 hours. He said it’ll be sealed up so nothing could breathe under the wall and create mold. I was told they would clean up before they left. All false promises! I had 2 people, one for each room. They arrived close to 9 am and the first bathroom was done by around 5:45. The other man left at 8:45 pm with an unfinished room. As a single mother of 2 girls, I had to finally tell him he had 15 minutes before he had to leave. His reply was that the other man didn’t leave the Teflon tape so he couldn’t finish the job anyway. He gathered garbage and the supplies to finish the job (my shower head and soap dish), apologized, and left.

I inspected the showers and tubs and was utterly disappointed. The caulking was sloppy and even missing for both rooms. There is a finger-width gap between the installed shower wall and my bathroom wall in bathroom “completed” early. No caulking along either top seams where the shower meets the wall or the border meets the installed shower wall in the first bathroom. They are not sealed and will allow mold to live. The showers were not wiped and the inexperienced guy left behind a large white board and a screw on the floor besides the dust. The faucets aren’t touching the walls or caulked.

The unfinished bathroom’s overflow is too high, not placed right, and there is a black chip/scratch/damage from when it was installed wrong. I took pictures, left comments on the website, and even called while the guy was still here at 8:30 pm and was told to call back in the morning to complain. I expected a much better product and service for close to $10K.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Amanda, this is not the experience we strive to provide and we'd like the opportunity to make this right. We will pass this message over to our branch and they will be in touch shortly. Thank you for brining this to our attention.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

In early December we had Bath Fitter in to replace a tub with a walk-in shower and have been very pleased with the results. Chino worked quickly and efficiently and seemed ready to cope with any and all inconveniences that might have arisen. All floors and stairs were covered as much as possible and his after work cleanup was much appreciated. We would have no hesitation in recommending him to anyone.

The only downside to our experience with your company was regarding the unfortunate interaction and lack of cooperation with the office staff who refused to return our phone calls or even take calls from us during several delays leading up to the installation. Our thanks go also to Mr. ** who did pay attention to our situation and informed us (as much as he could) prior to the installation. Again kudos to Chino and congratulations to Bath Fitter for the quality of their workforce. Sorry Chino if your name is misspelled in this.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Brian and Wendy! We're glad to hear our installer Chino was able to provide such a great service. We apologize for any communication issues and appreciate your feedback. Thank you for your business!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

My wife looked at Bath Fitter and she said she’d like to try it. The sales rep came and gave me the spiel. I agreed with it and paid him the down payment. We had the bathroom with the walls and the new faucets installed. The installer was very proficient when he was done and he did a good job. I’d recommend Bath Fitter.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Charles! We're glad to hear you had a great experience with Bath Fitter. Thank you for your business.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I went through the process of having someone come out to my home. The paperwork was completed and my appointment was set up. One gentleman came out and left because of the (rain) weather. I do not understand why the company does not have equipment or supplies for this situation. When trying to contact the sales gentleman and the "general manager ", I received no responses. But I guess that's how business is done when the company has received the money. Does one only schedule appointments on sunny days. The gentleman who came out did not seem to want to talk about prices until the end in which I was presented with the grand total. I would not and could not recommend this company. My first impression and first experience is the company is very unprofessional. My only option with the star rating is 1 star which is highly rated.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Cheryl, this is not the experience we strive to provide and we would like the opportuntiy to make it right! We will pass this message along to our local branch and be in touch shortly. Thank you!

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Had a tub/surround install 8/31/2016. Now the top of the surround is coming away from the wall. According to my warranty this is covered (supposed to be a lifetime warranty). I contacted Bath Fitter. Was told materials are covered but there would be a $75 service charge. Really? The only thing I see in the warranty states there is a minimum $75 service charge if silicone becomes yellow due to smoking/negligence of cleaning or misuse.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Kim, we appreciate your feedback. We will pass this message over to our local branch and be in touch shortly. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I took Bath Fitter's bid and acted on it. Their reps treated me well and all was exceptional. Also, the crew that did the installation was very good. They put in a small, individual, personal shower. Their work is good, but the materials are not as high quality as what I picked out. The whole thing was a little bit overpriced, but I wanted it done, so I bit that apple. They did what they said they would do. People can count on good service from Bath Fitter but they might need to negotiate the price more.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Charles, thank you for your feedback. We're glad to our team was able to provide you with great experience. Our Bath Fitter products all have a lifetime warranty, so should you every require any assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out. Thank you for your business!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Let me preface this review by saying that we were prior very satisfied Bath Fitter customers (so this is how they treat returning customers). On Jan. 11, 2019, Sales Consultant Mandy ** attended our home for a free home consultation. After a few hours she left our home having provided an "estimate" for either a tub or shower package and after taking an $1,800 good faith deposit. On Jan. 30, 2019, we notified the company that we would not be consummating the purchase "at this time", not never. That same day, Ms. ** advised us that we would be forfeiting our deposit since 19 days had elapsed.

NOTE: that the estimate states in bold "ESTIMATE IS VAID FOR 30 DAYS". Also noted is a reference to the reverse side for "Buyer's Right to Cancel" which states that the customer has 10 days to cancel after receiving the copy of the contract. The issue at bar is whether an estimate (that is valid for 30 days) is actually a purchase contract.

Ms. ** no fewer than 3 times assured both my wife and I that our deposit was fully refundable. She was also very aware that consummation of the contract was entirely dependent on the cost for floor renos/repairs funded through a settlement from an insurance claim. If there was any excess then we would likely go forward with the bathroom installation -- if not, then we would not be as we had suffered several catastrophic events in Nov/Dec (both main floor toilets backing up -- hence the floors repairs, and our furnace died while we were in hotel for the emergency remediation going on in the house). This was all clearly shared with Ms. ** who assured us that we had no obligation to execute on this "Estimate". In fact, she also noted on the Estimate that they would be booking 8-10 weeks out allowing for the bathroom floor repairs to be concluded. Finally, we were not even approved for financing at this point either.

YET, WE SOMEHOW ENTERED INTO A FINAL PURCHASE & SALE AGREEMENT (to which we have not received a final copy... Well, because we didn't finalize the purchase -- i.e. bath or shower, go or no go?) Now, I have received a voicemail from the VP of the company asking me to call him back so that we can resolve whatever differences that we have. I have not yet done so as I have been perfectly clear in two emails that I've sent that we want our $1,800 good faith deposit back!!! I will be filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and Service Alberta, and I have prepared a Statement of Claim to serve on the company. Folks, times must be so tough in Alberta that this is how Bath Fitter has chosen to treat returning customers (by stealing their deposit). It's shameful and it's illegal.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

We had two companies come out and give us an estimate and we were happy with Bath Fitter's presentation. They gave us what we wanted to hear. Their price was more expensive than the other place but they explained everything to us and were very thorough, like if there could be mold back there. We wanted a seat in the shower. The other company said that they would save us money and that we don’t need that seat, but I didn't want that. I wanted a good quality job and feel more reassured. Also, the Bath Fitter plumber went down the basement and checked. The other company didn’t check anything.

We got a shower but no tub. It's round with a thing in it. It works good and it doesn’t leak. There are shelves in there and we put in a grab bar. The person who installed the shower was excellent. It was snowing that time and I called up Bath Fitter's office to ask if the installer would come 'cause it was miserable. The lady told me not to worry about him as he'd come at 8 o’clock. At 8 o’clock, he was in my house already doing the work. He took out our tub ‘cause we didn’t it anymore and he sealed it all up. It’s what we wanted so we were happy. If I need any work done, I would hire him. He worked all day plus we talked all day. I’m a big Green Bay Packers fan and so was he so we got along just excellently.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Bath Fitter did a remodel on our tub/shower surround 4 years ago. About 2 years in, we felt water "squishing" in between the tub and the liner. We called the local branch who did the install, and they came out right away and fixed the problem by removing the drain, forcing the water out and resealing the drain. I was very impressed with how quick and courteous they were in dealing with the issue.

The exact same issue has started again recently and when we contacted the company this time, they said it is not covered under their warranty and that it will cost approximately $500 to fix. Bath Fitter claims that the "lifetime warranty" only covers cracking or damage to the liners, not installation. We are very disappointed that this is the solution that they have offered us. With this in mind, there is no way we could ever recommend someone use their service.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I had a walk-in shower installed by Bath Fitter. An agency referred me to them. The sales rep I worked with was very nice. So far, I'm very satisfied with the walk-in tub and the installation. I would recommend Bath Fitter to other people.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your positive feeback Geraldine! We're glad to hear Bath Fitter was able to ensure your satisfaction. Thank you for choosing Bath Fitter for your remodeling project.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

A friend of mine had something done by Bath Fitter and he was very pleased. I called and they made an appointment. They showed up on time, was very pleasant, and helpful. They were also very competent. Then they set up the appointment for the installation. The installer's professionalism and quality of work were excellent. Apparently, this is a one-person job. But someone was free, so both of them came and did it much faster. It was incredible. There was an upstairs unit, and they had to haul everything up and down the stairs. They put everything in garbage bags. It was so clean, I couldn’t believe they could have done it like that, but they did. We were very pleased with that.

However, I had one little problem with the mixer. Where water was supposed to be hot, it was cold and vice-versa. I was just living with it because I knew hot was cold and cold was hot. But someone called me from their customer relations to see how everything was so I mentioned it. We set up an appointment and they came. They fixed it quickly. It's still not perfect, but it's okay. There are also a few things that I might have done differently. I'm not totally thrilled with the shower itself and I should have made some other choices. Still, I had a very good experience with Bath Fitter.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Mona, thank you for your review! We're glad to hear you had a great experience with Bath Fitter!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

Bath Fitter did a whole bathtub enclosure for me. The rep I dealt with from Bath Fitter was personable and I liked the way he presented everything. Thereafter, their crew did well during the installation. They got it done in the time that they said they were going to. The finished product looks like it's of good quality.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Linda, thank you for your positive feedback! We're glad to hear everything was completed to your satisfaction. Thank you for choosing Bath Fitter for your remodeling project!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

Wow!!! I am so thrilled that we entrusted Bath Fitter to re-do our bathtub enclosures! The sales rep, scheduling team and installers were ALL very nice. The price, stress and mess was a fraction of what it would have been to rip everything out and we LOVE the look, quality and peace of mind with no more water infiltration and a warranty! We may have had some scheduling issues at first but everything was taken care of. Our bathrooms are now stunning!

Bath Fitter response

Hi Rhonda, thank you so much for taking the time to share these beautiful pictures. We are so glad to hear you had a great experience with Bath Fitter!! Thank you for your business

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

In the previous house we had, one of the baths was done by Bath Fitter. We really liked it and so when we needed some work done, we called them. Their reps talked about what they could do and broke everything down. When it turned out to be too expensive they told us that we could drop some things. Eventually, they did a bath surround and redid the plumbing for our bathtub.The guy took a day as promised. He was very polite and did quality work.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Kevin, thank you for your review! We're glad to hear you had a great experience with our Bath Fitter team!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

Just wanted to let you know that Jeff ** from your company is a great asset. He made sure that everything we needed we got and we had a huge order for him to fill. He even met me on my job one day to make sure that we could get started right away. The company also made sure that everything was finished and working properly and efficiently. I am very satisfied.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Robert, thank you so much for your positive feedback! We are glad to hear Jeff was able to go above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction! Thank you for choosing Bath Fitter for your remodeling project!!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

The tub looks 150% better. The tub and tile were rated full of lead by an EPA certified company and I didn't want anyone to be exposed by ripping it down/out. Our contractor recommended Bath Fitter and it worked great and was VERY cost effective. Our installers, Dan and Antonio did an amazing job! They were on time, clean, and communicative. They even dug through the trash for the old plumbing hardware I wanted to use in the basement. Thanks so much for everything!

Bath Fitter response

Hi Catherine, thank you for sharing your great experience! We are thrilled to hear we were able to make your tub look 150% better, our only regret is that we were not able to make it look 151% better, but we will strive to achieve that in the future! :P Thank you for your business!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

Bath Fitter did an excellent job for me. Their installers were at my place on time and did the job in a timely fashion. They took the tub out and installed a shower. Thereafter, they cleaned up everything. I'm very satisfied with this company.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your positive feedback Eric!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

Dave ** came out to install new shower today. He did a fantastic job. His personality and expertise and personality made the whole process enjoyable. He got here in the morning and discussed with us what he was going to do and answered our questions and concerns, then went to work non-stop until he was done. We are totally satisfied with him and his work. The shower is awesome. I would highly recommend Dave and Bath Fitter to anyone with confidence.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Steve, thank you for sharing your experience! We're glad to hear Dave was able to make your experience with Bath Fitter a great one! Thank you for your business.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

Gary, the sales consultant from Bath Fitter who came down told me that their company was the right one for me with the way he presented himself and what he said. He told me what they had to offer and what they could do to our bathroom. We went with them and the installation went pretty well. They were at my place pretty early and got to it. They were here almost until 6:30 at night because they had to do a bit more than they normally would have to do as my tile was in bad shape and I had a window that had to be covered up. Still, the installer closed the bathroom door to keep out any noise or dirt. They wiped the tiles, vacuumed and took everything with them. They did a very professional job.

They put up the surround, new fixtures and a new bath over my old one in my bathroom. The new batch has a built-in, skid-resistant floor and it's kinda curved. That made the showerhead a little higher whereas my old one was a little bit too low. I also like that what they did is maintenance free. I don't have to worry about keeping it too clean as long as I keep it up. It makes my bathroom look so much better. I was very satisfied with the product and service of Bath Fitter.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Mark, thank you for sharing your experience! We're thrilled to hear you are loving your new bathroom. Thank you for your business!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I was looking at the displays that they had available, and I'd heard good things about them from other folks as well. The sales guy was helpful. He answered any questions I had upfront and was able to give me a quote on-site, which was great. With the installation gentleman, there were some difficulties encountered with things that were not visible, so he wouldn't necessarily know about it during the installation. But, he really went above and beyond and addressed those issues to make things right on my end. They removed an existing tub and put in a shower in its place, and everything was great. I would definitely recommend Bath Fitter.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Joe! We're happy to hear our team was able to provide you with a great experience!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I've heard about Bath Fitter all over the place, and my wife and I were at the mall and walked by a little Bath Fitter shop. We decided to go in and inquire about it. We had a salesman out and he talked to us about it. The interaction we had with the salesman was absolutely wonderful. He was very knowledgeable about the product and he was willing to work with us on pretty much about every aspect of everything. He left with, “If you need absolutely anything at all, please don't hesitate to call me and I'll be more than happy to work with you or answer any questions that you have.” We liked the deal, so we went with them.

In January of last year, they had my wife's bathroom completely done. They had to tear hers out from scratch and got hers all fixed up. Then, in December when they did mine, they went over the existing tub and so far, both of the bathrooms have turned out wonderful, although hers had a couple minor issues. She called the salesman and somebody came out the next day and took care of the issue with no problems. And so far, I haven't had any issues with mine and I'm loving the products. My wife was talking to her parents possibly about Bath Fitter and she said, “If I were you, I would definitely give Bath Fitter a call first, and then talk it over with the salesman that helped us and see how it goes.”

Bath Fitter response

Hi Brian, thank you for sharing your experience! We are so thrilled to hear you are loving your Bath Fitter units. Thank you for your kind words!

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

Main reason for me to get shower install was due to my husband having Alzheimers. You can't watch anything. They leave door shut, but when they leave you see hoses being installed where they cut out good pipes. Hoses do not last forever, that is a big worry!!! The water pressure went way down. Shower rod hung @78" which allows flooding.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Cindy, we appreciate your feedback. We will pass your feeback over to our branch and have them reach out to address any concerns you may have. Thank you and have a great day!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

We were looking to redo our bathroom for a long time. My tub had cracks in the bottom and it was leaking. I had fixed it once 15 years ago when we moved in and that held for quite a long time. When it needed to be redone, I was too busy to go out and do it myself. I did a lot of research on the web and I liked the reviews for Bath Fitter. I hired them and they replaced the tub and shower in the bathroom.

My sales rep was a great guy and he explained everything well. I used to be in sales, so I do my research and I make my decision. If I like the product, then I go ahead and buy it. I would never have somebody come out to the house just to give me a pitch and me not really be interested in it. I know what that’s like, especially for people that make their living that way. The people from bath Fitters were courteous and professional. Their installer did his job and was great. The work was done on time and they did everything I expected them to do. The installation was beautiful.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Paul, thank you for your review. We're very glad to hear you enjoyed the process and are happy with the final result. Thank you for choosing Bath Fitter!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

My experience with Bath FItter was very good. I had used them before. Recently, I had an old tub removed, and a walk-in shower installed. The salesman was a real talker and was pretty knowledgeable about the product. Installation went great as well. The boy that came in and did it was good. He was a local boy. He was from right here in Charlottesville and was very knowledgeable about what he did. He was very careful. He did a really good job, and he explained everything to us after he got it all in. And we really like it. I'd recommend Bath FItter to anyone.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Homer, thank you for your review! We are glad to hear you had a great experience with our Bath Fitter team. Thank you for business!

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

We had our tub and shower liner installed about 4 years ago. We were very happy with the installation and appearance. However, we have experienced a problem keeping the tub clean. I use only the approved products on the list supplied at the time of installation. I dry and shine the tub with a soft cloth after every use. First, we noticed a blue stain around the drain area. A service representative came to our home and removed it with isopropyl alcohol. We were told the stain was caused by dye in shampoo or soap. Since that time, we have not used anything coloured products for cleaning. We are now noticing a ring around the tub just at the water level. Bath Fitter in Winnipeg suggested a 50% solution of either bleach or ammonia. Neither of these have solved the problem. Bath Fitter require a $100.00 service call fee to look at it. This was not specified in the lifetime warranty.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Barb, we're sorry to hear you are having issues with your bathtub. We have passed this message over to our branch and they will be in touch to address this matter shortly. Thank you.

Bath Fitter expert review by Joseph Truini

Bath Fitter was founded in 1984 in Montreal. It focuses on easy-to-install custom bathtub and shower liners for homes. This bathroom remodeling company has hundreds of locations across the United States and Canada.

• Acrylic bathtub liners: Bath Fitter sells and installs durable acrylic liners that fit precisely over existing bathtubs and showers. With this approach, consumers eliminate the expense and mess of tearing out the tub or shower enclosure.

• Easy installation: The installation process is quick since the bathtub and shower don’t have to be removed. The company can also convert a combination tub/shower into a spacious shower-only unit.

• In-home consultations: Experienced bath-remodeling contractors meet with consumers to inspect the existing tub or shower and explain how the Bath Fitter solution works.

• Customized solutions: Bath Fitter customizes solutions for its customers so their selection fits their existing bathroom perfectly.

• Matching accessories: Bath Fitter has bathroom hardware and fixtures designed to perfectly match their bathroom liners. Consumers can choose from a wide range of faucets, shower rods, towel holders and other bathroom accessories complement the custom liners.

• Best for: Bath Fitter is best for homeowners, landlords and real estate investors who want to improve the look and performance of their bathrooms.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Bath Fitter Company Information

www.bathfitter.com
Your special offer awaits

Looking to save time and money? Join our community today! Community members receive important consumer news alerts and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands they love. Ready to join?

Sign up now with your email address!

Join our community to recieve important consumer news and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands you love.