Call toll free
4.43/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Bath Fitter is North America's leading acrylic bathtub, shower enclosure and tub-to-shower conversion company. Our bathtub refinishing products are custom molded to fit over existing fixtures for quick and clean bathroom renovations that last a lifetime. Best of all, we can complete the installation in just one day without compromising quality.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

3627 Bath Fitter Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

Three months ago, I purchased a shower from Bath Fitter. I just went with the standard package. Their response and turnaround time made me go with them. The installation team was good and they were very thorough.

Get expert buying tips about Bathroom Remodeling Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

We are very happy with our Bath Fitter tub and shower. We live in an older home which presented the installer with some challenges. He took the time to get everything just right, and still was able to finish in one day. Great product!

Bath Fitter response

Hi Joan, thank you for sharing your wonderful experience! We are thrilled to hear that our team was able to go above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction! Thank you for your business.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

On October 30, 2018 we spent 3 hours with Bath Fitter's Charlie to design our handicap bathroom for my husband who has ALS. A seriously debilitating disease. We set date for install. I was called 2x in following week to change install date. I was called 3 days before install to say they cannot build what we designed with Charlie! I asked for $1475 deposit back. They said no. I did not cancel within 3 days. Well I didn’t know they couldn’t do this until an hour before asking for my deposit back! Maybe 1/2 back? Oh no you don’t. They then sent a supervisor to look. He changes design and it’s a go for following week. Tech show up. They start. They apologize but no shower curtain rod til next week! Handicap shower. Needed husband. No shower curtain! Install finished. Shower curtain in. Hardly any water pressure?

We are installing new floor. Pull up old floor. Find awful mold situation. Although you did not cause this, you failed to tell me I had 3” water under my bathroom and then you proceeded to throw all debris from the job UNDER MY HOUSE! After removing all wet insulation and debris and drying up water, we discover a slight leak under new shower. Bath Fitter come next day. 1 hr later than stated. Fix leak. Find plastic Filament in shower head slowing water release? Really!! You leave debris everywhere! I did not expect you to clean up water mess. Unless of course you caused it in removing our tub? A common courtesy would be to show me the water under my house and NOT THROW YOUR TRASH UNDER MY HOUSE. This was severely overpriced and nothing but aggravation. I demand some kind of restitution.

Bath Fitter response

Hi JoAnn, this is not the experience we strive for and we'd like to investigate this matter further. We will be reaching out shortly to discuss a resolution. If there is anything else we can do to assist in the meantime, do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I bought a shower and tub surround from Bath Fitter and I had great interactions with their sales representatives and the installation team. I am highly satisfied with the things I got. I've recommended to one of our friends to do a similar remodel and they did.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Ronnie, thank you for taking the time to leave us your review! We're thrilled to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction. Thank you for your positive feedback and recommendation!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

We have a condo in Destin, FL and were looking into remodeling both of our bathrooms. After getting quotes for a walk in shower conversion in one bathroom and a tub and wall upgrade in the other bathroom, we were advised that the City required the bathrooms would need to be brought up to code when exposing any walls. We were given quotes of $40K for 2 bathrooms and $25K for 1 bathroom. This was a lot more than we were planning so we decided to investigate options with Bath Fitter.

A sales Consultant attended our condo and quoted the job at $12K. I asked the consultant about permits and told him what we were told by the other contractors and he said we had nothing to worry about and that Bath Fitter looks after everything. On the day of installation after the installer advised he was taking out our tub, I asked him if he was sure he had proper permits for the job and again advised what the City required. He advised he had installed lots of showers in Destin and that they worked under a blanket permit with the company. On the second day of installation the City came to our condo and issued a Stop Work Order and we are now required to rip out the shower and complete all the requirements to bring the bathrooms up to code which brings us back to our original quote.

We later discovered Bath Fitter didn’t pull any permits at all as required by the City which would have triggered them the requirements and the job could have been cancelled with no expense to either party. We have also reason to believe the drain in the shower was installed illegally. Even if Bath Fitter had completed the job without incident from the City, we would have been unable to sell our condo without ripping out both bathrooms and bringing them up to code. We specifically chose a big company to look after our renovations so that the work was being done correctly and with the proper permits.

Bath Fitter have one nothing to remedy this and left us to talk with the contracted plumber who was extremely rude and hung up on us twice. It took 3 calls to corporate office before a manager returned our call. Bath Fitter have denied that there was any mention of permits or discussion regarding the work required by the City, virtually calling us liars. We have been put on strict timelines by the City to rectify this problem. Bath Fitter’s solution was to come and tear out the shower and they would come back to install when the other work was completed. They have torn out the doors in the second bathroom and have not offered any compensation for this either.

As we are now forced into a huge expense that we never would have agreed to, we asked simply that they pull out the shower when we have contractors scheduled and refund our deposit. We are awaiting resolution to this dilemma. We would never recommend Bath Fitter to anyone - they are dishonest and scammers and more than happy to leave us high and dry.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Bath Fitter and the work they did for me was very good. I wanted to replace the surround on my bathtub but not the actual bathtub, and they didn't make me replace it. Even though they're a little pricey, it would have been more money if I were to replace the tub. The young guy that worked on it was very good and he did a real nice job. It looks good and I have no qualms with the quality either. The only thing I didn't like was that the sales guy said that they would fix our problem about not being able to turn off the water, which needed to be fixed in the basement, then when the guy came out he said he didn't know anything about it. That was disappointing because I really wanted to get it fixed. And it kinda sealed the deal with me to have them do it because they were gonna fix that. But everything else was fine, and I was happy with it.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Bonnie, we're glad to hear you are loving your new surround. We understand our branch has been able to connect with you and determine that the issue in your basement would require a plumber's attention, and we are unfortunately not able to resolve that issue for you. We apologize for any inconvinience this may have caused. Thank you for reaching out!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Several months ago, I had my bathtub removed and a shower installed using Bath Fitter. I liked the length of time that it would take for them to do it and the money. The sales representative was nice and very pleasant. He started out and quoted me an enormous amount of money. And then I said, "Well, I can't afford that. Thank you for coming." Then he said, "Well, I think I might be able to find something for you, when maybe we have some sales coming up." And I said, "Okay, that'll be great. You can call me when the sales come up." They called me back in about a week and said he found just what I was looking for in a warehouse in Kansas City. It was just sitting there, and I could have it at a discounted price. The installer was a hard worker. He worked the whole time. He never even stopped to take a break for lunch. I would recommend Bath Fitter to a friend.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Dorothy, thank you for sharing your great experience! We are thrilled to hear our sales rep was able to was able to go above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction. Thank you for your business!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Our new Bath Fitter shower is absolutely perfect! Tom ** was extremely personable and knowledgeable. He was very concerned about making our decision to purchase a Bath Fitter shower a very pleasant experience. After speaking with him, our expectations were high; and Dillon **, our installer, didn't let us down. Dillon's work ethic and expertise installing our shower was top notch. His work was flawless and his demeanor was friendly and professional. Thank you!

Bath Fitter response

Hi Mike and Maria, we're thrilled to hear that everything was completed to your satisfaction! We are so glad to hear that Tom and Dilon were able to exceed your expectations. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful experience!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Our bathrooms were renovated by Bath Fitter for our home's previous owners. We have lived here for around 18 months. Recently the bottom hinge on the shower door broke. From my first contact with the local office, to the last conversation, I was given the runaround. Each time I called I was going to get an answer "tomorrow". No one ever called me back. In the end the answer was a $200 service call (up from $150 the first time I spoke to them). All I wanted was to purchase a part. I did not ask them to honor a warranty. I did not ask them for anything free. I just wanted to buy a part. In the end we were told the part is made by Bath Fitter and that we have no recourse to get a replacement except to pay for a service call. Please do yourself a favor and keep looking for someone who cares for more than how to make the next buck.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Anthony, we are sorry you are having trouble with the shower door and can appreciate your frustration with the situation. We've looked over the problem again and this type of repair will in fact require a service call by one of our technicians to properly correct the issue. If you'd like to schedule the appointment and further discuss the situation, please don't hesitate to contact us at 919-307-7184. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I like the Bath Fitter sales rep. He seemed efficient and knew his job. The installer was here on time. He was also very polite and did the job fast. He was only here for about five hours in total and did an excellent job. He replaced my bathtub and shower stall. He also rearranged the plumbing. Although a little expensive, I was very satisfied with the job and would recommend Bath Fitter to others.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for sharing your great experience Dale! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to go above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction! Thank you for your business.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Beware of false promises! I recently purchased a home with a bathtub from Bath Fitter -- you know how they advertise a "lifetime warranty" -- well, not so. The Bath Fitter meaning of "lifetime" is NOT what you think! The Bath Fitter meaning of "lifetime" means -- so long as you own the home. The LIFETIME warranty does not pass when the owner who installed the Bath Fitter tub sells the home. Hardly "lifetime"!

Bath Fitter response

Hi Jeffrey, this doesn't sound like the experience we strive for and we'd like to look into this matter further. We will pass this message along to our branch and they will be in contact shortly. Thank you.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

We had Bath Fitters install a tub liner April 18. Everything looked great! The reveal was just as expected and I truly thought the job was done very well. Nov 18 while walking in an adjacent bedroom we noticed that the hardwood floors were cupped as if they have been wet. We proceeded to investigate reasons why and noticed that the tub liner had separated from the back of the wall. When you stood in the rear of the tub the gap actually expanded. Water was getting in the crack and running down the back of the tub, along the floor and under the wood floor. No visible water damage on the walls or ceilings below. Because this was our son's shower we did not notice the caulking issue till we noticed the damage. We cut out peepholes in the sheetrock to see what is going on. Sure enough, after a brief period of the shower being on the water started coming around the tub on the floor.

We called Bath Fitters to come out and take a look. The technician showed up earlier than expected (good and bad) at the door with a tube of caulk. He investigated the situation and agreed there was an issue. He made a call to his office and the answer was "caulk it" we are sorry. That is not the best way to handle this. They are unable to take the liner out and redo it. The tub will have to come out. Just a bad situation. So while I agree the finished product looked and performed well, but you better make sure that these situations are addressed and hold them accountable. Not to mention that in the warranty it notes that caulking is not included.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Mike,we're sorry to hear that you've been experiencing some issues with your bathtub. We've passed this message along to your branch and understand that they will be looking into this matter and be in touch shortly. Don't hesitate to contact us if we can assit you further. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I purchased a shower from Bath Fitter a few months back. Their sales rep was very friendly and knowledgeable. He gave me all the information I needed. The installers were very nice and professional, too. They did a good job. I just wish I would've had them install a different shower head. Also, the shower doors are big and awkward. Other than that, I'm okay with the shower.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your positive feedback Wanda. We're glad to hear our team was able to ensure your satisfaction. Thank you for your business!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Everybody was talking about Bath Fitter, how unique and good they were. I also looked at another remodeling company and Bath Fitter was good in pricing. I tried them and the rep came, sat down, talked with me, and showed me different displays and prices. He knew what he was doing. I bought a mold over my bathtub and I also got 2 grab bars and a low shelf. The installers were nice and friendly. They spent almost 2 days and then they cleaned up after themselves. They also showed me how the tub worked. Everything was fine.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Leotus, thank you for sharing your great experience! We're glad to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction. Thank you for your business!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

Purchased tub in 2013. Within 9 months, first sign of floating. Floating is when water leaks under the tub causing water to collect under liner. This is extremely dangerous. Imagine taking a shower on a waterbed. Unfortunately, tub has been replaced three times since 2013. Here we are, almost 6 years since original tub installed and, yes, tub is floating again. Bath Fitter was out Friday to drain, again. It is an understatement to say I’m disappointed.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Ana, we're sorry to hear that your experience was not a positive one. We appreciate your feedback as it will help us improve in the future. Should you ever require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us and we will be happy to help. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I checked out what Bath Fitter would do, how they would do it, the pricing, and compared it to others that I found out about. Then I made the decision to go with them. I got an oversized shower replacing a tub and its installation went very well. When they found out I was under pressure timewise, instead of one person coming in and doing it, I ended up with three here. So, I was very pleased. I am also very happy with the quality of my new shower. Though I wish I had been smart enough to realize that I had them put it in too high because now I can't find a shower curtain with the right size. But I figured it out. I got an oversized one and I just drape it every time we're done. It works.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for sharing your great experience Robert! We're thrilled to hear you are enjoying your brand new shower and that our team was able to complete the work to meet your time constraints. Thank you for your positive feedback!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

Bath Fitter has been around for a long time and I’ve known about them for years. I suggested to my friend that he might wanna get a walk-in shower, so he did. Then I also decided to go ahead and purchase a new tub and shower unit. I had wanted to do it for years, and I’ve decided to go ahead and do it this year. The first salesman that came to see my friend wasn’t very impressive and the guy who came to see me was fine. The installation process was good and the team did a really good job. They were very clean and didn't make a mess. They were literally there from maybe 7:30 to 2:30, and they got it all done in 7 hours, which is really great. The whole project was really very well done. I like it and I’m very happy with it. Bath Fitter is very expensive but I like the fact that they took care of everything, including the plumbing. I didn’t have to have any other contractors involved as well, which was good.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Kristin, thank you for sharing your experience. We're glad to hear out Bath Fitter team was able to meet your expectations and deliver you a new tub and shower unit. Thank you for your business!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I bought a remodel from Bath Fitter where they cover up the bathtub with a new product. I also got a little shelving unit where one can put shampoo and stuff in. The sales guy was good, knew what we needed, and seemed to do a good job. He presented the information and then they followed up with phone calls. We had two installations where one was in our rental property. When they came out and installed it, we had some troubles with the drain and we had found out that the stuff was backing up. The guy tried his best to clean it out but he was not able to. So, we had to get a drain guy come in and he took care of it. Bath Fitter said they would pay for fixing the drain but did not. Other than that, we did not have problems in the other installation.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Ashok, thank you for sharing your experience! We understand that our branch has been able to reach out resolve the issue regarding the payment for the drain. Thank you for your positive feedback!

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

Called Kent, Washington franchise about replacing caulking around tub that is breaking down in places and also splitting. Was told it would cost 95.00 dollars because original project was done back in 2006. I agreed on price. Was told she would call back same day for appointment to have somebody come. It has been three days and still no callback. I guess the project wasn't worth anything because the money wasn't enough. But at least have enough courtesy to take a couple of minutes to call a person back and say you aren't interested in doing job. If that's the way they handle their would be customers then I myself and everybody I know will be told not to do business with that franchise or Bath Fitter company as a whole.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Jim, this does not sound like the experience we strive for and we would like to make this matter right. We will pass this message along to our branch and they will be in contact shortly. Thank you for reaching out.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I was very satisfied with my Bath Fitter experience. Their sales guy, Michael, was great and he didn’t try to sell me because the product sold itself. They installed a full bathtub for me and the installer did an excellent job. It’s a good product and I would highly recommend it.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Joseph thank you for your warm feedback! Our team prides itself on delivering an outstanding product that will delight you and your family for years to come. Thank you for your business.

Resolution response: Dec. 7, 2018

I would like to say that bathfitter has totally resolved this matter and especially to Ian who has gone beyond the call of duty to help out with this . I would also like to say that in the heat of the moment my words got from away from me. Also bathfitter did an awsum job on our new shower we just love it and would recommend this company for anyone looking to update there bathroom.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I would like to say that Bath Fitter installed our new shower which we were very pleased with until the handles started leaking as the wrong screws were put in and it was rusted out so he had to come back and change them which he did. Then the other handle kept falling down which he did not come back to fix. Then we had noticed that the toilet was leaking and had to do a claim for water damage only to find out that the vanity that he installed for us was also leaking.

Thank God for BELFOR restoration in Nanaimo has come to our rescue being elderly people and paying 7000 to Bath Fitter for the new shower that leaked and our brand new vanity that we bought got ruined from water damage due to wrong installation. When I called Bath Fitter and told them about the water leak he was here in no time to see the damage but he couldn't come to fix the handles. Anyways I'm not impressed with this company and their morals and shady work that was done. Do your homework first before hiring anyone in Nanaimo.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Wendy, this doesn't sound like the experience we strive for and we will be looking into this matter. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Bath Fitter installed a walk-in bath for our next door neighbor and they were very real pleased with it. I gave Bath Fitter a call to see what they had to offer and the seamless shower is a very good program. The sales rep was wonderful and had a little bit to do with me deciding to go with it. He was such a knowledgeable individual that presented himself well. He didn’t push or encourage it so much. He displayed what he had and left the decision up to us.

I had my first Bath Fitter remodel 3 months ago and the installation team was great too. They were very neat, respectable, and thorough. They kept it clean and so it was very clean when they left. If we had a couple of small issues, we did not pay anything at all, and it was taken care of immediately. They removed a tub and shower then installed a walk-in shower. They also put three safety bars, a larger shelf, and upgraded the walls on it. There was a textured wall on it, and it was a special cover, and glass doors. The shower turned out real nice and I enjoy it so much. I’m very well pleased with Bath Fitter.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Larry, thank you so much for sharing your great experience! We are thrilled to hear you are loving your new shower. Our team prides itself on being able to deliver an outstanding product for you to enjoy for years to come. Thank you for your business!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

From my first call to Bath Fitter in May of 2018 to the day that the job was done on November 14, 2018, my experience has been top notch! My measurement/estimate appointment was scheduled for July 6, 2018 and Dan arrived to my home bright and early (as scheduled). He was professional, courteous and very helpful. Once we made up our mind to go ahead and get this job done I went ahead and called them back to set-up the appointment. I spoke with Nick **, who was amazing to work with. He was so helpful, kind and professional and made this process so unbelievably easy.

The installer arrived the morning of 11/14/18 and completed the job in one day as promised. We went from a stand up/walk in shower to a bath tub-shower combo and it looks amazing. I couldn't be happier with how this turned out and would definitely use Bath Fitter again and would absolutely recommend them to anyone looking to upgrade their current shower stall or bathtub. I've now had my new tub for just about two weeks and am extremely happy! I will add another update after about a year or two to let you know how the tub is holding up to normal wear & tear!

Bath Fitter response

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful experience Lisette!! We're thrilled to hear our team was able to exceed your expectations and complete everything to your satisfaction. Thank you for your business!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

The customer service team emailed me a blank form to sign and when I called to inquire about this, I was treated so terrible. They threatened to cancel my installation and keep my large deposit. I had to call a corporate number before I got any service. This was a terrible experience from a customer service standpoint. I could not take my business elsewhere as I wanted to because they would not refund my deposit. Not only was I mistreated, but I was forced to do business with this company or lose my money. I would not recommend them to anyone ever!

Bath Fitter response

Hi David, this doesn't sound like the experience we strive for and we'd like the opportunity to look into this matter further. We will forward this message over to your branch and they will be in touch shortly. Thank you for reaching out.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

The Bath Fitter tub was a gift from my husband before he passed away and the tub is beautiful. It looks just like our tub but they redid them. When they fixed them, it didn’t look like it had ever been our tub. They put everything installed and our tub is spanking brand new. One man came out and did all this work. He was really nice. Bath Fitter did a great job and I'm very satisfied.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you so much for sharing Velma! We are so thrilled that our team was able to ensure your satisfaction. We really appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. Thank you for your business!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I liked Bath Fitter's one-day service. I liked the idea of them just going in over the existing tub because the only way of getting it out was to break it. I also liked the idea of them coming in and putting the line over it. My house is what they call a story and a half, with a bathroom wall that isn't straight. It slopes with the roof. It wasn’t something you run into every day so I knew it was gonna be a rough one. Chris, the man that installed it, said it was the roughest one he had been on in 14 years. Nonetheless, he did a great job. He was very conscientious and customer-minded. He wanted things right. He put the tub and shower in and they looked great. I'm very happy with it.

I have a very small bathroom with a vanity that was too big and Chris didn't put the corner piece on the tub because if he had put it on, I wouldn't have been able to open the door at all. Yesterday, I finally got a small vanity. I went ahead and pulled the big vanity out and gave them a call. I told them that I'd be fine whenever they could schedule me to put that corner on, and they're coming here today. The only problem we had was they ordered the tub three times because the wrong tub was sent in twice. Still, I'm very happy about the whole job. The sales rep who sold me the tub was a good fellow and everybody I talked to was very polite.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Jim! We're thrilled to hear our installer Chris was able to go above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction. Thank you for your business!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

The sales rep at Bath Fitter brought the supplies out and we were able to take a look at how the different colors and patterns would look in the bathroom. Also, he explained what would take place. We had the bathtub removed and the shower stall put in by Bath Fitter. The installation team was very thorough and very fast, although there was one point where the guy that was installing the shower stall had asked if we could help hold something because it was a little hard for one person to do it but we had no problem with that. We love the shower. Also, we had the non-slip flooring installed, but it was very slippery without the over-coating, so we called them back and they came out and put the coating on. Now, it works really well. We had a good experience. Go ahead and use Bath Fitter.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Susan, thank you for your great review! We are thrilled to hear you are loving your brand new shower! Thank you for your business.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

We met with the sales associate on October 6th, gave him a substantial deposit and were assured we’d have our shower installed before Thanksgiving. It’s 3 days past Thanksgiving and I still don’t have my new shower nor do I have an installation date. I’ve contacted the sales rep twice and he had an admin call me back, an admin who was unable to answer my questions about an installation date. The clock is ticking, Bath Fitter... next call will be to the Better Business Bureau, right after I call Bath Fitter to cancel and request a full refund.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Susan, we are sorry to hear about this situation as this is not the type of experience we strive for. We will pass this message over to our branch and have them reach out. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

We had a tub that never got used so we decided that that would be an option for installing our shower. I knew Bath Fitter from a television ad, then when I was at a trade show, I stopped by a booth and asked the people there if they were the company that had the ad, and they said yes. A salesperson who was fine and positive then came and talked to us. Then, the person who measured was efficient, pleasant and got in and out quickly. The installer was also great and super fast. Our shower was installed this summer with no pain for us. It was very nice and very little mess. The whole setup is on the expensive order, but it is a decent value for what we wanted. We paid for efficiency and us not having to do anything. So, I have already been telling people, especially for those non-DIYers like me, that they should call Bath Fitter if they want an updated tub or shower.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Sherri, thank you for taking the time to share your experience! Our team prides itself on being able to deliver an outstanding product in a timely manner! Thank you for your business and recommendations!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I have heard about Bath Fitter before and their reputation was pretty good so I figured to give them a try. I purchased a shower enclosure from them three months ago. Their sales rep was great. He knew what he was talking about and answered every question we had for him. As a matter of fact, I told him I was gonna give him an "attaboy" and he goes, “No, that’s all right. You don’t really have to.” But I did anyhow. Then, I was surprised to see only one guy for the installation. He was on time though and got right to it. He came up at the stairs from outside and carried all the stuff up. I told him that if he wanted to leave his tools up, he could. It was a long haul from bringing all the stuff up but he never complained about it. He knew exactly what he had to do and did really well. I was impressed with him the whole operation which took two days. Although Bath Fitter's prices are a little high, I’m still happy with the whole project.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your positive feedback Leonard! We're thrilled to hear our team was able to exceed your expectations. Thank you for your business!

Bath Fitter expert review by Joseph Truini

Bath Fitter was founded in 1984 in Montreal. It focuses on easy-to-install custom bathtub and shower liners for homes. This bathroom remodeling company has hundreds of locations across the United States and Canada.

• Acrylic bathtub liners: Bath Fitter sells and installs durable acrylic liners that fit precisely over existing bathtubs and showers. With this approach, consumers eliminate the expense and mess of tearing out the tub or shower enclosure.

• Easy installation: The installation process is quick since the bathtub and shower don’t have to be removed. The company can also convert a combination tub/shower into a spacious shower-only unit.

• In-home consultations: Experienced bath-remodeling contractors meet with consumers to inspect the existing tub or shower and explain how the Bath Fitter solution works.

• Customized solutions: Bath Fitter customizes solutions for its customers so their selection fits their existing bathroom perfectly.

• Matching accessories: Bath Fitter has bathroom hardware and fixtures designed to perfectly match their bathroom liners. Consumers can choose from a wide range of faucets, shower rods, towel holders and other bathroom accessories complement the custom liners.

• Best for: Bath Fitter is best for homeowners, landlords and real estate investors who want to improve the look and performance of their bathrooms.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Bath Fitter Company Information