4.4/5 (226 ratings)

About Bath Fitter

Bath Fitter is an acrylic bathtub, shower enclosure and tub-to-shower conversion company. The company’s bathtub refinishing products are custom molded to fit over existing fixtures for quick and clean bathroom renovations that last a lifetime. The company can complete installations in just one day.

Pros

• Next-day service
    • Demolition-free remodeling
    • Lifetime warranty on installation

Cons

• Regular cleaning required
    • Design consultation needed for quote

Bottom Line

Homes and commercial bathrooms in need of a quick remodel benefit from Bath Fitter’s next-day service and fast installation. Special care is required to maintain the new bathtub or shower, but it provides an affordable upgrade.

Bath Fitter Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

Original review: Nov. 19, 2022

I had two bathrooms done by Bath Fitter, one shower and one tub/shower. First there were scheduling issues, needed up taking more time off work than planned. Each installation was treated as a separate job even though it was one order. First installation was the tub/shower, they brought and installed shower doors instead of tub doors so the towel bars are at neck height. Also the back wall of the enclosure is noticeably bowed out. The shower installation seemed fine, except the shelf unit didn't fit so it wasn't installed, but I still got charged for it.

The next day, the piece around the shower pan let loose and created a gap. A trim piece also let loose. I've emailed and got the apology and was told they would get right on it. It's been 2 months and haven't heard anything (I've also been busy so I have not been able to stay on top of them). Also they sure use a lot of caulk to hide imperfections. For the amount of money I would expect better workmanship and service.

Bath Fitter response

Hi David, we are sorry to hear about this experience. We understand our team has been in contact and has an appointment with you next week. We look forward to resolving this matter for you. Please let us know if you need anything else.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2022

We had our new tub installed yesterday. It looks great and our installer Jay ** was professional and did a great job. He went over everything and left us clean. He made sure we had all the information we needed and went over everything.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review, Mike!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2022

I purchased an older home and really wanted to update the bathtub area for me and my kids, Bath Fitter is everything they say and more!! We are very pleased with the job done and the product itself. We had a new tub installed and shower walls - Amazing!! Definitely adds to the value of our home and is clean & easy to maintain. Our installer was WONDERFUL. :)

Bath Fitter response

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback, Adrienne!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2022

A few years ago, I made the HUGE mistake of having bath fitters put in a shower for me in the master bedroom. I paid over $7000.00 grand for this to be done! I am supposed to have a lifetime warranty for all the completed work that has been done! The caulking comes loose all the time; I had had to have these repaired countless times! At least 4 times over the past few years. Now today I call 10/31/2022 to yet again have the calking repaired. Now I'm being told that there is a cost for this! $250.00 for this repair to be completed. Where the HELL is the lifetime warranty? Not my fault or problem bath fitters is incompetent of doing quality repair and or remodeling work! This is completely WRONG! This is FALSE for bath fitters to offer a supposed lifetime warranty, then to back stab and not honor it! If I am forced to now pay for repairs caused by improper work, I DEMAND my money back! ALL OF IT! I have also taken legal action in this matter also! Kimber

Original review: Oct. 27, 2022

Bath Fitter is using false advertising to sell this low-quality product. I am in Westchester County, NY Therefore, Long Island representatives worked on my shower. The salespersons came to my house and assured me that my shower installation was an easy job, and all work would be done in a day. They were quick to take my down payment and we agreed on a day to install.

A day before my installation, a lady from this office (Mia) called me to reschedule. I lost a day's work. I managed to reschedule this work to another day which, I needed to take off from work. Finally, that day this installer showed up late. After a supposed closed examination, this installer encountered a presumed problem. Suddenly, I needed to upgrade my plumbing and showerhead. An extra $1200 was required for me to pay. The final product looks cheap and choppy. I was expecting a high-quality shower. Instead, I received a cheap material shower product. I am extremely dissatisfied with this company.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2022

I moved to a new house that needed a new bathtub/shower. I started the process with Bath Fitter approximately 1 year ago. First, they took my money and did not contact me for months until I called them myself. They mis-sized my tub/shower 3 times causing delay after delay. They finally came to install it and said there was a bad pipe (a cast iron pipe) and refused to finish unless I contacted a plumber. I did and they came the next day. The plumber (whose company I trust) said there was nothing wrong with the pipe. It was structurally sound and just needed to be cleaned. I called Bath Fitter that day. No callback.

I have now called multiple times, no callback. I have a nonfunctional bathroom with the floor wide open and no resolution in sight. I am now going to call the state contractor board and file an official complaint against them. My advice. Do not use this company. I have never seen such unprofessional behavior. It's been just short of a year with this business and nothing to show for it.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Linda, we are sorry that your experience with Bath Fitter was not entirely positive. We understand everything has been completed at this point. Please let us know if you need anything else.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2022

Rafael installed a shower overlay in our downstairs bathroom. The shower looks brand new. He was in around 8:30 am and done before 2:00 pm. Fast, clean, and effective. The whole process from estimation, to setting up the appointment to completion was flawless.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review, Brian!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2022

Scotty and Austin was very professional & done an excellence job. They cleaned up as they went. When I ask a question, they answered it very professional and took the time to explain what they was doing. They arrive on time. They work till the job was finish, without taking their breaks. They done an excellence job explaining about the cleaning materials.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you so much for your review! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2022

Initial contact was knowledgeable and thorough. She was very kind in taking off her shoes as she entered, and answered all my questions. The installation day was smooth. Kenedy explained what he was doing and why. He was fast, efficient, patient with my cats, and correct about how long it would take. He also told me he was from Washington, and that Bath Fitter had flown him in to help out with the flood of installations needed in San Diego. That amazed me that a company would do that.

Resolution response: Oct. 19, 2022

Qui from Bath Fitter is incredible at what she does - I don't know how she does it, but she made it right. Thank you, Qui, for all of your help.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2022

I would have selected no stars if possible. When speaking with our sales person I specifically asked how Bath Fitter handled issues with customers. He said, "Easy - the customer is always right." We put down a $4,000 deposit and then uncovered significant mold and structural issues, with wood rot continuing into the subfloor under our bedroom. The contract stated work wasn't supposed to start until January, 2023. Our salesman said December 2022. The sales manager, upon requesting our deposit back, said our material is already built and he needed to keep the FULL deposit to cover their losses. A billion dollar company. I have severe respiratory issues and this company is comfortable leaving mold in my home. We were also not informed they would not do any of the repair work. Three words describe this company. Liars, scammers, and cheaters. Shame on you.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Dee, we are sorry to read this negative feedback. Having spoken with the local team, we understand they are in contact and working towards a resolution. Please let us know if you need anything else.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2022

Paul from the Grimsby Bath Fitter location, did an excellent installation job at my parents old home in Hagersville! He had to deal with old walls and even older plumbing and everything turned out beautiful! No more corrosion, thanks again!

Bath Fitter response

Original review: Oct. 16, 2022

The installer was on time and explained what he was doing. He was neat, organized, quiet, and unobtrusive. He was very competent. He completed the work within the time he promised. The finished product is beautiful. My husband and I love it. In fact we want him to come back and do some work around our bathtub. Overall we give him an A+ for workmanship.

Bath Fitter response

Original review: Oct. 14, 2022

Very happy with the installation of my new walk-in shower. Steve, Shaun, Juan and Ciara with Bath Fitter provided excellent service from start to finish. Shaun is a great craftsman. A superstar. Steve, Juan and Ciara provided answers to all my questions and a timely basis. Thanks again for everything.

Ken P.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2022

Adam showed up right at 7:30, was extremely professional in both installation and customer service. I was impressed with the other installer too, Marshall, he went right to work when he got here and together they knocked it out of the park.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2022

Christi, my rep and Jeff my installer were very good. Thank you both. I had similar work in another bath done many years ago by a competitor and had warranty issues 3 times. They told me the only solution was to replace the complete tub, not just the liner. I paid for the new tub, they covered the labor and to this day I feel they did not honor their warranty as stated. I won't name the company but I think they changed their name to avoid some early warranty issues???? Who knows???

Resolution response: Nov. 9, 2022

I want to personally thank Vince from Bath Fitter for responding so quickly to my complaint. The service man came out today 11/9/22 and fixed what I needed in the shower. He lowered my hand held shower so I could easily reach it and installed a grab bar for my safety. I have back issues and this helps tremendously. Thank you Vince and Bath Fitter for listening to my situation, you're the best.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2022

The salesman for Bath Fitter sold us a shower installation for $9000.00. Since then I have found out that most installations cost between $3000.-$5000. The shower head is installed so high that it is hard for me or my husband to get it down and the shower holder is so tight it takes all our strength to get it out. We are both elderly and no consideration was ask of us concerning this. The shower curtain that they left us had a hole in it and they sent the installer out to gives us another one and to put sealer in the top of the shower.

I ask the salesman if we could get an additional safety hand rail installed and he said that it would cost an additional $175.00. The handrails cost less than $20.00 in a hardware store. This was in addition to the already paid $9000.00. The shelves installed in the corner have a slanted bottom shelf and I called the salesman and he said that was to shave your legs on. At 74 I didn't need that, so the shelf is useless. Young folks may use that but us elderly folks have no need for it and it is useless. Very disappointed in Bath Fitter sales and customer service.

Bath Fitter response

We appreciate you taking the time to share your review, Jean. We will share your feedback with our local office. Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2022

Luke was the best. He seemed to love his job. and I would use him again and he was always smiling. Very nice guy, I like him and he liked us, he also drives well. He was on time with a clean truck and it was newer.

Bath Fitter response

Original review: Oct. 11, 2022

Holly, Wayne, Brad, and Andrew were wonderful to work with! They were attentive and made sure that I was completely happy with my shower. I would 100% recommend them to my friends! There was no pressure when Wayne came to my house. He just described what they could do for what cost. Brad did the instillation and Andrew did the fine-tuning. I love my new shower!

Bath Fitter response

Original review: Oct. 9, 2022

Installer arrived on time and finished in 1 day, after doing job alone. Installer explained installation step by step and left working area clean upon completion. Installer then went step by step in explaining how to care for new bath install.

Bath Fitter response

Original review: Oct. 7, 2022

The installers were polite, very efficient, cleaned up after themselves, and my shower is beautiful! I cannot believe I got to have a brand new shower in just one day! This new shower will give me more independence and now I don’t have to go downstairs to take a shower. I will recommend Bath Fitter to all my friends and family.

Bath Fitter response

Original review: Oct. 6, 2022

I love the tube to shower install. The guys were very professional, knowledgeable, polite and on time. It was amazing to watch my bathroom be transformed. I have waited about 10 years for this change. I will definitely recommend Bath Fitter.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2022

Our small bathroom was cramped with an undersized bathtub shower combo that was barely 17 inches wide inside and very difficult to move around in with glass doors attached. With Bath Fitter we upgraded to a full walk in shower almost double the floor space in the same area. Our bathroom is so much brighter and feels roomier. Bath Fitter definitely brought us into the current decade.

Bath Fitter response

We are so glad to hear you are loving your new shower!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2022

It would have been nice for the first installer to let me know about the nozzle/lever in the back of the shower head to know how it worked. Before calling the office to have another installer come out for no reason.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Carole, sorry to hear about that miscommunication. We are glad to see that otherwise, your experience was positive. Thank you for your review.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2022

Very helpful in picking products. Great quality installation! Gave great suggestions and clarified details before doing any work. Fully satisfied with all aspects of service. Would highly recommend them. There were no issues during any step in the process, from initial consultation through final clean up.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your great feedback, Rochelle!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2022

We got several quotes. Bath Fitter said they could do it in a day. They gave us a window in which they were to arrive which they met, they put plastic down as to not get my carpet dirty, they removed the old tub, and replaced it with a beautiful roomy shower! I am so pleased.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Patty, thank you so much for your review!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2022

Our bathtub was replaced by Bath Fitter. Their work was excellent. We have really enjoyed our new tub. The Bath Fitter team was at our home at 8 a.m. Our old tub was removed and the new tub install before 1 p.m. They left the area where the tub had been removed and replace almost like that they had never been there. Both my wife and I were so well pleased with their professional approach to the project and would recommend Bath Fitter to anyone that needed to have a remodel to their home.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Robert, thank you for your great review!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2022

STEPHEN ** was EXCELLENT!!!! I cannot tell you how many renovation companies we have worked with and thus far has been the best ..WHY? .. they do what they say they are going to do. You get what you pay for!! Definitely recommend.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review, Liza!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2022

The work was done promptly, on time and in a very orderly manner. I am very satisfied with the work done. There is only one 'little annoyance, there is a bit of water in my basement if I use the shower as a fixed shower. I wonder if it is the overflow shield which is a bit off to the side hence the cause of this problem.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Inger, thank you for your review. Please contact our office at 866-615-1020 so we can best assist with this concern.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2022

Our tub surround was done approximately 6 - 7 yrs ago and we were very pleased with the product and service. Recently a tenant of ours accidentally scrubbed through one of the corner shelves. I called Bathfitters right away. They looked me up, ordered me a new shelf and were here within a few weeks at a very reasonable price. Thanks Bathfitters!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2022

From the first representative that came to measure and take the order Everything was as promised. We are enjoying our new shower. The cleanup of all the old debris was excellent. We would gladly recommend Bath Fitter to anyone.

Bath Fitter Company Information