4.3/5 (124 ratings)

About Bath Fitter

Bath Fitter is an acrylic bathtub, shower enclosure and tub-to-shower conversion company. The company’s bathtub refinishing products are custom molded to fit over existing fixtures for quick and clean bathroom renovations that last a lifetime. The company can complete installations in just one day.

Pros

• Next-day service
    • Demolition-free remodeling
    • Lifetime warranty on installation

Cons

• Regular cleaning required
    • Design consultation needed for quote

Bottom Line

Homes and commercial bathrooms in need of a quick remodel benefit from Bath Fitter’s next-day service and fast installation. Special care is required to maintain the new bathtub or shower, but it provides an affordable upgrade.

Bath Fitter Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

Original review: May 15, 2021

Good device, fast response and good after sales service too. Also the workers were professionals, dressed appropriately and we did not feel intimidated to let them in. Good telephonic consultants too.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Ami!

Original review: May 12, 2021

Solomon ** was our installer. He did a fantastic job! He installed 2 showers and 1 tub with tile walls. My wife and I are very satisfied with the job Solomon did. He is a credit to the company as well as to himself.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you so much for your great review Eugene!

Original review: May 6, 2021

I had a new tub/shower installed at my home by Jay. I love the look of my new tub/shower and Jay was very professional and attitude was excellent. In one day my tub/shower went from old and gray to brilliant white and beautiful. Would highly recommend this company.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Joanna! We are so glad to hear Jay was able to provide you with a great experience!!

Original review: May 5, 2021

We wanted a bathtub removed and a new walk-in shower enclosure installed in our home in Barrie Ontario. The removal and installation were carried out by Curtis of our local Bath Fitter store. Initially, scheduling a start date was difficult due to Bath Fitter workload and several delays were encountered. However, once started Curtis was courteous, professional, and very efficient. He did an excellent job with the whole process. When he had finished with the installation, he did a first-class job of cleaning up the work area. I would highly recommend Bath Fitter and Curtis in particular for anyone in our area requiring this type of work.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Lyndon! We are so glad to hear you are loving your new shower installed by Curtis!

Original review: May 3, 2021

They don’t represent who they say they are. Beware of words like “I'm gonna throw in” because it’s all at YOUR expense. They don’t like to honor their lifetime warranty as well. Having a very difficult time getting them back out here to redo the caulking they put in the bathroom.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Meika, we are concerned to read your comments. We will forward this message to our local team to have them reach out and assist. Please let us know if you need anything else.

Original review: May 2, 2021

This is a great way to redo your bathroom. Also the easier way, no fuss, no mess and it looks really expansive and I'm very happy with the result. My bathroom is so well done and it took no time for this.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Carla, thank you so much for your positive feedback!

Original review: May 1, 2021

Clean, efficient, punctual, stayed within budget. Used quality materials, very professional, thorough dependable, reliable. I was very pleased and definitely will recommend to others. Very patient with my schedule. Only bath in the house so they were able to accommodate me freely. No extra charges.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Ben! We are glad to hear everything was completed to your satisfaction!

Original review: April 30, 2021

Decided to remove my deep soaker tub (really hard to get in and out of) with a walk in shower. Installer was courteous and efficient. He cleaned up everything after completed and even cleaned up the garage which was the stage in area. Highly recommend.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you so much for your review Cherrie! We are glad to hear everything was completed to your satisfaction!

Original review: April 28, 2021

This was a wonderful experience. My installer was Josh **. He very polite and was a skilled craftsman. The bathroom has been transformed into a show place and just what I needed. I could not be more pleased. I would certainly recommend Bath Fitters and Mr. **.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Arleane! We are glad to hear you are loving your new shower!

Original review: April 28, 2021

Bath Fitter's "lifetime warranty" is NOT as advertised in its sales literature or on its trucks. One should not believe the following statement found on Bath Fitter's current website: "Lifetime warranty. Every Bath Fitter Installation is guaranteed for life, so you can be confident in your bath remodel." According to Alice (Newark, CA Bath Fitter Branch Manager), the published "lifetime warranty" only applies to the product; the WARRANTY ON LABOR IS ONE YEAR (not lifetime).

I was a happy Bath Fitter customer until I noticed a six-inch crack in my Bath Fitter purchased nine years earlier and I spoke with Enrique at Bath Fitter's Newark, California location. Enrique advised me the liner would be covered under the "lifetime warranty," but the installation would cost me $517. He further stated that he would not order the replacement liner unless I agreed to pay the $517; under duress, I agreed to pay that amount. William (Newark Bath Fitter's professional installer) replaced the liner at my home and we agreed that I was utilizing a Bath Fitter recommended cleaning solution in effect at the time of purchase and at the present time (Bath Fitter "Cleaner Product List" updated November 2020) and there was no evidence of any misuse or negligence in maintenance.

Dozens of other customers have complained about Bath Fitter's misleading published "lifetime warranty" on consumeraffairs.com. An official Bath Fitter response to another customer's "lifetime" warranty complaint was that the reinstallation charge was merely a "service fee." Ultimately, Alice agreed to offer a $517 deduction on a future project; but refused to issue a refund without a new bathroom order. This was unacceptable to me.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Lawrence, thank you for your feedback. We are aware of this matter and we have spoken with the local team to gather more information. The Newark location will be in contact to discuss this matter further with you. Please do not hesitate to reach out if there is anything else we can do to assist. Thank you.

Bath Fitter Company Information