4.36/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Bath Fitter is North America's leading acrylic bathtub, shower enclosure and tub-to-shower conversion company. Our bathtub refinishing products are custom molded to fit over existing fixtures for quick and clean bathroom renovations that last a lifetime. Best of all, we can complete the installation in just one day without compromising quality.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

4016 Bath Fitter Consumer Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

I like Bath Fitter's guarantee and the way the walk-in shower was built. Iit’s built out that’s gonna last a while, and it’s super easy to clean. It doesn’t get all funky. The sales rep was excellent. He explained everything, and he didn’t leave anything out. I was very happy. A guy came out and measured everything. It took him three months to come, but they have to build it and make it to fit your bathroom, and the right size. Bath Fitter made sure they got everything measured right, so when they bring it in, it fits right in there. They have to trim the edges a little bit, but it goes right in.

The installation guy was quiet and worked right along. He didn’t have a fit when something didn’t work. I hardly heard a word out of him. He was great. The installation took two days. On the second day, he was here till about 9:00, but that was because he ran into a drain problem, and that wasn’t his fault. But, other than that, things went fine.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

The sales people that I talked to were very helpful and friendly. And Bath Fitter sounded like a good deal. I got the walk-in shower a couple of months ago. The rep explained the details of the walk-in shower very, very well. The installers did a very good job and they cleaned up. I didn’t have a shower before, so it’s great. It’s nice and handy.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

Bath Fitter had a man come over and he went over everything with me. I got their shower but not the walk-in one. It’s just the side. Everything went well with their salesperson and the installers were okay. They came over around 8:30 and they were gone by supper time. I was very satisfied and I would recommend Bath Fitter.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

While it took longer than I expected, when Bath Fitter came to my home, the work was performed exactly as planned. The installer was professional and pleasant. I am very pleased with my purchase. I hope that in the future, Bath Fitter is able to bring their work to finish sooner and close the gap from purchase to delivery.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Sinclair, thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and we are glad to hear everything was completed to your satisfaction. Thank you for your business!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

Bath Fitter called the day before the install to remind us that the plumber would be at our house at 7 AM. He was here at 7 AM and got to work removing the old fixtures and installing the new valves assemblies. Just as he finished the upstairs around 8 AM, the tub removal gentlemen showed up and proceeded to remove to bathtub. Just as he finished about 9 AM, so was the plumber, the shower installer showed up along with the plumbing code inspector. The installer got to work installing a new floor base and installed the new shower floor, the plumber finished connecting the shower base. The installer made all the necessary measurements and proceeded to fill in the wall as needed. Once done, he went to make the wall panel. Laid out and cut to size, made the two walls and window cut out. He placed the wall in place and it fit like a glove. He then proceed with the window framing and then the trim.

Next he installed the door tracks. Cleaned up the remaining mess (can't do this kind of install without making a mess, it's just part of the job) and sealing the trim. Lastly he installed the doors. Finished at 3PM. Eight hours from tub to shower! Each gentlemen that worked on this job showed a very professional attitude and ability. Job well done. Thank You Bath Fitter.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Charles, thank you so much for sharing your experience! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to provide you with a great experience. Thank you for your business!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

I am very concerned about other people going through what I have with Bathfitter, Burnaby, BC location. Rob from Bathfitter came to my home at the end of April this year. The cost of everything I chose came to just over $5000. I paid a deposit of $769 for my one day install to take place. Eventually it was scheduled for June 3, 2019. They never called to confirm the install date. I had to call myself to make sure they were still coming. Rob had told me the water needed to be shut off all day. Apparently it was only required for the morning. Ada, the employee in the shop, advised she had dropped the ball and was supposed to call me to confirm the install.

Chino, the installer, was the shining light. He did a great job of getting the walls installed, but the tub overlay did not fit! No matter what he did, it would not fit. The tub was not the right size and would eventually crack if installed as is. His boss, Orlando, wanted him to build up the bottom with foam. In doing that, I would lose space in my tub. Furthermore, the foam would become malleable when I have a bath, making the overlay movable. He was unable to install the tub that day.

Also, I had paid a premium for fixed brush nickel shower bar, Chino said it wasn't available so he had grabbed me a cheap chrome one that's not fixed, it just sits there with suction, so I could at least put a curtain up. Therefore their 'one day installation claim' is not true. I called Bathfitter and spoke to Orlando to determine what his plans were to make this right. He said I would get a discount between $0-$400 possibly. Rob was booked another day to come to my home. He brought a test overlay which fit better than the one they had brought me on the install day. However, that was just a sample, it was extremely beat up and not suitable for install.

Chino was booked to come again, which he did. I asked for the refund amount to be in writing. Ada and Orlando were evasive and unwilling to put an amount on paper pending how well the install went. I soon learned why they didn't want to commit to a refund amount. They sent Chino back with the EXACT same tub! Orlando demanding he install it. I measured the tub myself, it was not the right size for my tub at all. I was very disappointed Bathfitter wasted my time again. I explained to Ada via multiple emails that I am a shift worker and I also gave her dates I am available. Since I am a shift worker, I am available a lot during the week. She provided me one date at the beginning of August for the install for 8AM. I finished my night shift at 6AM and I explained that I would be unable to open the door since I would be asleep.

I have not heard from Ada since August 6, 2019. I have sent her emails to try to get ahold of her. I am coming up on waiting six months for a supposed one day install that Bathfitter advertises. I want to share my story so no one else hires them thinking it is easy. I made a video of me walking on the tub that did not fit that I am happy to share. You can hear 'clomp clomp' as I walk across it. It's very upsetting when you consider how much this is costing me only to have them disappear. Since I haven't heard from them in a month, I don't know what is going on.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Kalinda, this is not the experience we strive to provide and we can appreciate your frustrations. We understand you have been able to connect with the local branch and have confirmed an appointment for September 24. If there is anything more we can do to assist, please do not hesitate to reach out. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

I got a shower from Bath Fitter and I also had the handles installed. The sales rep and installation team that I worked with were both cool and outstanding. The installers were very neat and very professional.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

My experience with Bath Fitter was great. Everything went very well. Bath Fitter had their list of references that they update every six months. I recognized a name and called a girl scout friend. Then, I found out from somebody else at church that they really liked Bath Fitter before they sold their house, and it increased the value of their house. We had a bathtub and a shower done. We had two bathrooms done.

The sales representative, Bill, was an absolute sweetheart. The installer really knew his stuff. My husband and I went out to outback and my husband looked and said, "Oh, whoever did the caulking here didn't know what they were doing." The caulking in our shower and bathtub are like dead-on good. If there is any question like, "Where do you want this part, where do you want that bar," he came and got me and we talked it through. He stayed until the job was done.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

I was at the Huntington Mall and there was someone there at the booth and I filled out a paper. And Bath Fitter called me the very next day and somebody showed up. There were three people I dealt with. The salesman came, he was fine and then, someone else came and talked to me. And then, the installer was very nice too. I was real pleased. I bought a walk-in shower. I had one-piece bath before, so they took it out and they fixed the walls so they could adhere the acrylic and install it to the walls. I was pleased with it all.

When the house was built, a scald-proof faucet on the tub was put in. So, you couldn't get the water mixed up to a certain temperature. I had little granddaughters at the time, and it didn't get hot enough for me. And then, I've had two knee replacements, so it was hard to get in and out of the tub. So, that's why I like the walk-in shower. I get a good, hot shower. I have a shower everyday, and sometimes more than that.

Resolution response: Sept. 10, 2019

Even before my review made it up here on CA the manager at BF had come out and seen the issue and assigned the work which was done quickly.
The bathroom looks great and I'm very pleased with the work.

4/5 is based solely on the price being a bit high, but I did choose that path. Time will tell if it was a good choice, but for now I do recommend their work.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

I chose Bath Fitter based on the very professional presentation and "Lifetime Warranty". This in spite of being just under $3000 more than other bids (though not really for "equivalent materials" - I really like the idea of a form-fit acrylic wall). The installers were polite, on time, and worked hard to get all installed in one day, which they accomplished except for needed a 2nd visit from the plumber due to a mis-matched part. The local manager himself came out to touch up sheet rock, paint and some of the caulking and inspect the job.

While inspecting it I noticed there was a gap between the top edge (acrylic) and the wall (sheet rock). The gap goes most the way around and is really bad in the corners. It is almost an inch above and right of the shower head and more than an inch at the back corner. I checked my walls with a carpenter's square and they are pretty close to square; much closer than the acrylic. It appears the acrylic was either folded in the wrong place or the plywood they put behind the acrylic is thinner than the sheet rock (the plywood filled in where the old tub insert was, but does not go to the top of the acrylic) which would cause the acrylic to bend out. I am hoping this can be resolved as the bathroom looks great and the plumbing and fixtures are top notch. I have a pretty good video showing the gap but am not sure how to load that to this site.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Richard, we're glad to hear our team was able to resolve everything to your satisfaction. Thank you for taking the to reach out!

Bath Fitter Company Information