Accredited Partner

Get Pricing
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.89/5

Bath Fitter is an acrylic bathtub, shower enclosure and tub-to-shower conversion company. The company’s bathtub refinishing products are custom molded to fit over existing fixtures for quick and clean bathroom renovations that last a lifetime. The company can complete installations in just one day.

Bath Fitter Get Pricing

Bath Fitter Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

Original review: Nov. 3, 2020

We did the consultation and picked everything we wanted Sept. 25th, 2020. Long story short, I just got at call at 7:15 am today (Nov. 3rd) canceling the install again. This is the third delay and second canceled install, none of which have been our fault. If today's installer called in sick, give us another worker instead of canceling us at the last moment (TWO TIMES NOW) since we have already been waiting almost SIX WEEKS. My advice, don't count on getting your install the next-day!

Bath Fitter response

Hi Robin, this is not the type of experience we strive to provide and we apologize for these delays. As you mentioned, our installer was unable to meet the appointment today and your installation requires one of our more senior installers so we were unable to schedule another installer for the same day. We have scheduled you for an appointment this Friday 11/6. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

Erin ** did a great job on our tub/shower install... It looks very good and we are very happy with the results. Weird to think you can completely change the look of your bathroom in just one day!! We hope to do our other shower in the future.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Amy and Donald, thank you for your review! We are thrilled to hear everything was completed to your satisfaction!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2020

After having a shower installed I had to have #BATH FITTER come out 3 times to re-caulk the base. After the 3rd time the ceramic tiles in front of the unit began to crack. #BATH FITTER sent a plumber out who said he couldn't figure out the problem and it "was above his pay grade". That was before that was almost 2 months ago. The #BATH FITTER District Mgr will not return my calls and was only responding by text. When I asked how they would handle the mold problem he would not respond. I have kicked it up to #BATH FITTER corporate and they told me to wait while they check it out. If I had to do it over again I would not use #BATH FITTER again. No telling when or if #BATH FITTER will repair the damage that they caused.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Robert, we can appreciate your frustration. Our team is working on assisting you in this matter. Please let us know if you require any further assistance in the meantime.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

We had a tub system installed 12/31/2018. As soon as the installer came to the house (one hour early) there were problems. He arrived with the wrong color and design, we refused the order.within an hour the correct Bath Fitter wall and tub arrived, god only knows how well that was done. The guy almost put the hand held shower in the wrong spot(if i wasn't there to watch him it would have been) I had to run out to purchase the holder as they didn't order it with the faucet we purchased thru them. I had to point our that the caulking was not done around the new faucet etc. He quickly did that( it was a holiday so he was rushed). WE waited the 24 hours to allow the tub to dry.

My mom took a shower which resulted with the kitchen ceiling coming down and floor flooded. Multiple calls to Bath Fitter, no response.WE had to hire a plumber to come and work on the pipes from inside the ceiling as not to disturb the new wall. The plumber informed us the Bath Fitter installer broke the drain. BBB had to be called because no one was returning calls. BathFitter finally returned cal land paid for the plumber bill for the drain. NOW moving forward, the tub is leaking between the liner and the tub. My mother is elderly and trying to stand on basically a water bed, is dangerous. I have seen multiple videos on how to fix, by drilling hole in liner etc not by Bath Fitter. I have already put in one call to bathfitters with no luck. DO NOT PURCHASE! this was a waste of thousands of dollars. Now what are we supposed to do? Shame on you Bath Fitters!

Bath Fitter response

Hi Maureen, we are sorry to hear about this issue and we would like the opportunity to reach out and discuss further. Our team has reached out but they have not heard back from you. Please give them at call at your earliest convenience at 631-956-1459. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2020

Back in 2013 we had Bath Fitter come to our home and fit our main bathroom with a tub liner. After a year or so the caulking done around the seams where the wall liner meets the tub started to pull away from the wall when anyone stood in the tub to have a shower. I removed the original caulking at the time and reapplied a good quality name brand caulk and this fixed the problem.

Then this year while cleaning the tub my wife noticed that the liner that had been installed on the walls of the bath was cracked. We contacted the local Bath Fitter location here in Victoria and they sent someone out to verify the problem. They then scheduled a time about 3 month later to have a installer come out to replace the wall liner under warranty. The wait seemed excessive but since the tub was still usable we were okay with it.

Finally two Bath Fitter installers came to install the new liner and took about 6 hours to complete the work (there was about a 2 hour lunch break in there as well so...). Curiously, while they were doing the job they made mention of how poor the install was done and that the installer who did the original work had since left the employ of Bath Fitter. Seems kind of odd that their own employees were telling us about the shoddy workmanship of another fellow employee but I guess that's just how they roll, my tub was fixed and all was good again.

Then about a 3 months after the warranty repairs were done we noticed water leaking onto the floor of the bathroom and realized that the caulking was pulled away from the wall again. I called Bath Fitter to arrange to have them come and redo the caulking only to find out that they had been trying to call me on several occasions over the past three month (they had the wrong phone number?) to collect on a $750 bill that I had outstanding. I was flabbergasted to hear this and when I asked what I owed money for they said that the warranty repairs only covered the parts and not the labor. I was very surprised to find out that the "Limited Lifetime Warranty" the Bath Fitter offers as a sales pitch only covers labor for 5 years.

On the topic of the warranty, I could find nothing on the Bath Fitter web site that says anything about this and only saw this information in the fine print of the contract. The local Bath Fitter shop said nothing to us about the labor charges prior to doing the warranty work and the only reason we found out about it is because we had to call them back to repair faulty workmanship and materials.

Long story I know but the short of it is BUYER BEWARE! The Bath Fitter product is average quality at best especially for the money it cost and experience that we have had with leaking caulking and warranty repairs has left a very sour taste in our mouths. I can not in good conscience recommend this company or their products to anyone.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

Bath Fitter scheduled an appointment and Leo ** arrived right on time. Leo was very knowledgeable and friendly. He went over all of the options, did not pressure us to purchase anything that we weren't interested in. We made our selection and scheduled the install date. Matt ** arrived right on time to remove our old tub and enclosure and install a new walk in shower w/ glass doors. Matt and his assistant worked 8 hours non-stop and when they were done, you would never know they were there. They cleaned up great and the shower looks amazing. I always thought bath fitter was to cover old tubs, but they do so much more than that. I would highly recommend bath fitter.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience Dana! We are so glad to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction!!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

Bath Fitter installed a bathtub and shower stall inserts at a new to us house my wife and I bought. The installer didn't go under the house to properly connect to the existing plumbing. Instead they made the connection inside the house through the floor. The pipe they used to connect to the existing plumbing was too long and both drains have incorrect flow, and won't drain. When I spoke with Bath Fitter about the drain flowing the wrong way the rep said they don't check for the correct flow when connecting to existing plumbing. He also said the City inspector had signed off on the work.

I previously checked with the City and that statement had been a lie. A final inspection hadn't been completed and when I asked if they would fix their work if the inspector didn't pass it the Bath Fitter rep said No. The bathtub and shower cost over $15,000 and you would expect your plumbing to be connected to correctly for that large amount of money. If you're wanting a bathtub or shower find a different contractor. Do your homework and find a company that will stand behind their product and their installation.

Bath Fitter response

Mr. Mahlon, our team completed the bath and shower remodel as requested by the original homeowners. The pipes you are referring to are not within Bath Fitter's scope of work. We connected our installation to the P-trap and the plumbing beyond that point was not modified by Bath Fitter and is not within our scope to correct. If you would like to discuss this matter further, you can reach us at (408) 457-0835.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

When the salesman, Andrew, came to our home he had multiple conversations with us about our old tile being removed and how we would gain space in the shower/tub. He said any issues behind the tile would be fixed. He also told us a plumber would come in first and replace pipes and then the installer. The installer came yesterday for the start of the install and said the shut off valves don't work and no plumber is coming to replace them or any other pipes like we were told they would. Then, we see that the new liner for the walls is being placed over the tiles!

First of all, how do you see a problem behind the tile with the wall if you don't remove the tile? Secondly, the shower walls are going to come out so far now that there will be no edge on the inside of the tub! As a woman, I use that edge to put my foot up to shave my leg! What kind of circus act do they expect me to do in the shower to shave my legs with nowhere to put my foot except for a flat, slippery wall?!? It's not like I can tell them to take it back because my old one is gone and in pieces. Using Bath Fitter has been one of my biggest and most costly mistakes. I do not recommend them.

Bath Fitter response

Cheryl, we are sorry to hear you are unhappy with the final result of your Bath Fitter project. Our sales manager has attempted to reach out to address this matter but has been unable to reach you. Please contact our team back at (570) 634-6667. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2020

I have made 5 "virtual" appointments with Bath Fitter (due to the covid, only virtual). All of which were cancelled on the spot, at the said appointment. Reason being, because the "lady of the house" was not present. They do require us both to be at said appointment. I keep explaining to them that the "lady" is only a girlfriend who will be paying nothing towards the job, and will be making no decisions, and has no financial or legal interest in my house. They have wasted 5 months of my time before they were honest with me as to why they kept cancelling.

After complaining about this to a friend, who happens to be a very successful salesman, He gave me the story. That it is a "high pressure" sales technique that salesman use when they want to overcome any objections a couple may have after the appointment, in an attempt to have all parties sign on the spot, and not be able to reconsider a day later. Well fellas, it cost you a job, and a bad review. All beware of possible high pressure sales, that might make you and your "lady" feel uncomfortable.

Bath Fitter response

Hi William, we appreciate your feedback and concerns. According to our system we only had 2 virtual consultations that were scheduled, the second of which was cancelled to accommodate for your girlfriend's presence. We're sorry that you feel that this policy is a high pressure sales tactic, it is intended to best answer everyone's questions during the meeting and provide you with options that would be to everyone's satisfaction. Should you reconsider, please do not hesitate to reach out. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

Fina does outstanding work. She took extra caution to protect the hardwood floor before starting the remodel. Fina explained each step in the process and paid attention to detail. She worked non-stop from the time she entered until finished. We are planning on having a second bathroom remodeled the same way and hope Fina will be available. OUTSTANDING job.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your great review Darryl! We are thrilled to hear Fina was able to complete everything to your satisfaction. Thank you for your business!!

Bath Fitter Company Information