Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Get Pricing
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.07/5

Bath Fitter is an acrylic bathtub, shower enclosure and tub-to-shower conversion company. The company’s bathtub refinishing products are custom molded to fit over existing fixtures for quick and clean bathroom renovations that last a lifetime. The company can complete installations in just one day.

Bath Fitter Call Now Toll Free (888) 782-7818 Get Pricing
Call Now Toll Free

Bath Fitter Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

Bath Fitter installed a bathtub and shower stall inserts at a new to us house my wife and I bought. The installer didn't go under the house to properly connect to the existing plumbing. Instead they made the connection inside the house through the floor. The pipe they used to connect to the existing plumbing was too long and both drains have incorrect flow, and won't drain. When I spoke with Bath Fitter about the drain flowing the wrong way the rep said they don't check for the correct flow when connecting to existing plumbing. He also said the City inspector had signed off on the work.

I previously checked with the City and that statement had been a lie. A final inspection hadn't been completed and when I asked if they would fix their work if the inspector didn't pass it the Bath Fitter rep said No. The bathtub and shower cost over $15,000 and you would expect your plumbing to be connected to correctly for that large amount of money. If you're wanting a bathtub or shower find a different contractor. Do your homework and find a company that will stand behind their product and their installation.

Bath Fitter response

Mr. Rice, our team completed the bath and shower remodel as requested by the original homeowners. The pipes you are referring to are not within Bath Fitter's scope of work. We connected our installation to the P-trap and the plumbing beyond that point was not modified by Bath Fitter and is not within our scope to correct. If you would like to discuss this matter further, you can reach us at (408) 457-0835.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

When the salesman, Andrew, came to our home he had multiple conversations with us about our old tile being removed and how we would gain space in the shower/tub. He said any issues behind the tile would be fixed. He also told us a plumber would come in first and replace pipes and then the installer. The installer came yesterday for the start of the install and said the shut off valves don't work and no plumber is coming to replace them or any other pipes like we were told they would. Then, we see that the new liner for the walls is being placed over the tiles!

First of all, how do you see a problem behind the tile with the wall if you don't remove the tile? Secondly, the shower walls are going to come out so far now that there will be no edge on the inside of the tub! As a woman, I use that edge to put my foot up to shave my leg! What kind of circus act do they expect me to do in the shower to shave my legs with nowhere to put my foot except for a flat, slippery wall?!? It's not like I can tell them to take it back because my old one is gone and in pieces. Using Bath Fitter has been one of my biggest and most costly mistakes. I do not recommend them.

Bath Fitter response

Cheryl, we are sorry to hear you are unhappy with the final result of your Bath Fitter project. Our sales manager has attempted to reach out to address this matter but has been unable to reach you. Please contact our team back at (570) 634-6667. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2020

I have made 5 "virtual" appointments with Bath Fitter (due to the covid, only virtual). All of which were cancelled on the spot, at the said appointment. Reason being, because the "lady of the house" was not present. They do require us both to be at said appointment. I keep explaining to them that the "lady" is only a girlfriend who will be paying nothing towards the job, and will be making no decisions, and has no financial or legal interest in my house. They have wasted 5 months of my time before they were honest with me as to why they kept cancelling.

After complaining about this to a friend, who happens to be a very successful salesman, He gave me the story. That it is a "high pressure" sales technique that salesman use when they want to overcome any objections a couple may have after the appointment, in an attempt to have all parties sign on the spot, and not be able to reconsider a day later. Well fellas, it cost you a job, and a bad review. All beware of possible high pressure sales, that might make you and your "lady" feel uncomfortable.

Bath Fitter response

Hi William, we appreciate your feedback and concerns. According to our system we only had 2 virtual consultations that were scheduled, the second of which was cancelled to accommodate for your girlfriend's presence. We're sorry that you feel that this policy is a high pressure sales tactic, it is intended to best answer everyone's questions during the meeting and provide you with options that would be to everyone's satisfaction. Should you reconsider, please do not hesitate to reach out. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

Fina does outstanding work. She took extra caution to protect the hardwood floor before starting the remodel. Fina explained each step in the process and paid attention to detail. She worked non-stop from the time she entered until finished. We are planning on having a second bathroom remodeled the same way and hope Fina will be available. OUTSTANDING job.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your great review Darryl! We are thrilled to hear Fina was able to complete everything to your satisfaction. Thank you for your business!!

Original review: July 31, 2020

Our repair person was very professional and did the repair quickly. (Steven **) We are very happy with out Bath Fitter tub and shower units which were installed in 2004. Thank you Bath Fitter for fixing the repair one day after I reported it.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience Stephanie!

Original review: July 29, 2020

I had my bath rebathed several years ago, and have been so pleased and happy with it, that it was my goal to rebath the shower in the master bathroom. I had to wait several years, but it is time now! I am so happy. Vicente worked by himself and he was outstanding and professional. (I give him a 10), quiet but friendly and very dedicated to keeping my home clean and even in better condition when he left. I love my my shower, I love the big rainshower head with handheld shower; the corner shelf is perfect with footrest, I love that I got a safety bar, -- well, to sum it up: I LOVE MY NEW SHOWER. Thank you.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Sarah, thank you for your review! We are thrilled to hear you are loving your new shower. Thank you for your business!!

Original review: July 28, 2020

Overall, the shower is fairly decent but pretty well overpriced for what I got. I paid $6200 for a tiny shower and 6 hours of work between the installer and plumber. The installer missed sealing a portion of the tub because he couldn't reach (never made the effort to try) and he also missed sealing a portion of inside the shower which ended up leaking the first night I used it. He also missed installing a decorative item over some hardware (not a big deal). The plumber had to relocate the drain for the shower which did some collateral damage to my sink drain (not his fault). The sink drain pipe ended up coming lose and water leaked all over my vanity and bathroom floor. The installer came and repaired that issue and mentioned that it wasn't their fault because the drain was missing a gasket.

Although I can't blame them for it, it was created due to relocated the drain. I sent a text message with a picture asking if it's standard practice by Bath Fitter to not fully seal the bottom of the tub because the installer couldn't reach it. Although, the person never responded with an answer, they did say they would get back to me. Unfortunately, I haven't heard from that person since Thursday (7/23/20) and I do not feel it is my responsibility to contact them to address the issue mentioned above with the tub. My first experience with Bath Fitter was fantastic but my second was absolutely terrible, do not recommend at this time.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Phillip, we can appreciate your concern. Our team was in contact through text on Sunday, July 26th and an appointment was set for Monday, August 3rd. If you require any further assistance with this matter, please do not hesitate to reach out. Thank you.

Original review: July 28, 2020

It's probably six years since Bath Fitter installed a new tub and shower surround in our bathroom. The work the installer did was excellent. He knew exactly what he was doing and did a perfect job. Years later everything still looks like the day it was installed. Today I get a quote on rejuvenating my basement shower stall.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Mike! We are thrilled to hear you are still loving your Bath Fitter 6 years later!

Resolution response: Aug. 7, 2020

Yes even when Covid began the company still said their preferred method was to come and fix this for me under their warranty although they did say they could refund me they emphasized that their preferred method was to be given a chance to fix the problem and I agreed. I wish they had told me back in March, April and May that they would not be travelling during Covid but they said they are waiting for the go ahead.

After they were back to work in May and we spoke they stop returning my calls and emails after that. It was only once my foot went through the bottom of my tub in July and I could not get a hold of them and I started to make reviews that they said they refused to come now and the only option was to give me a refund if I wanted. Had they told me back in May they would not send anyone during Covid I would have accepted that and moved on to replaced my tub but they led me to believe they were still coming and wanted to fix it. I even told them Covid was going to go on for over a year to 18 months as the news reported, they said they would come.

Now I have a 2 month wait as all contractors here are booked 2 months in advance and I have no shower/bath and the costs have gone up significantly and their refund does not cover all my costs for a new install. There was a lot of very neglectful actions of this company and also they do not seem to know many things as they kept telling me I could reuse everything and just replace the tub but the plumbers who all came to give estimates all told me none of the products can be reused. The list of neglect is long.

Original review: July 11, 2020

The store that was in my area closed up and it has been difficult to get any repairs or warranty work as it is arranged with head office in Montreal and they never keep any past correspondence or paper work. They have come out to BC before to see all of their past clients and then arranged for the Burnaby office to come out and we had another arrangement this spring which I waited a long time for as they will not drive the highways in the winter. My tub floor was sinking and squishy for 2 years and they finally answered me and agreed last summer to come out but said it would have to wait till spring, I touched base with them in May as they reopened and have been for 2 months and now and my tub is completely cracked open now right through and unusable and it is the only washroom I have and I am disabled.

This is just unacceptable service and I have had terrible service with them right from the get go. My ceiling was damaged with the install, they never siliconed right and much more. I can not even get the person I was dealing with to give me updates for the past 2 months, I spoke with her mid May. I read all over the internet there are a lot of bad reviews across many sites. I paid them in good faith and have had nothing but trouble with poor quality product and service. I have bit my tongue long enough. This is unacceptable.

Bath Fitter response

We apologize for your frustration Camilla. Unfortunately, our team was unable to accommodate your repair and our offered you a refund for your purchase in its place which you accepted. We wish you the best of luck with your bathroom remodeling project.

Original review: June 30, 2020

To say we have had an awful experience with Bath Fitter of Huntsville is a massive understatement. We have had our Bath Fitter tub for just over two years (upstairs master bath) and it has leaked/flooded our living room twice - requiring contractors to come in and fix the ceilings. The last issue happened in mid-November and we did not have a functioning master tub/shower until May 5th. I called in Dec. to get a time frame and was told that someone forgot to order it, and because of the holidays we wouldn't be seen until the new year. Our Feb 4th appointment was cancelled at 7:15 the morning of, because the person who was scheduled was sick. They rescheduled for Feb 14th.

On Feb 14th the man who came out took some measurements and left. I called the office to see when he would be back to install the tub and was told that it would be another month - they had messed up our measurements and the tub that was ordered did not fit - this was discussed at their weekly meeting but no one thought to give us a heads up. I insisted on a weekend install because we were done taking days off of work for this to get fixed. On March 14th our tub was finally installed - however when we tried turning it on a few days later (after letting everything dry as instructed) we found that there was a leak from the tub faucet. Because of COVID-19 they were not able to get their plumber out to our house until May 5th.

This whole experience has been a fiasco! We do currently have a working shower & tub, however this last installation had some very shoddy work. The guys left ripped drywall, a massive gash in our vanity cabinets (but they painted it and said, "you can't even tell"), the caulking is bumpy & uneven and they did not replace the baseboard moldings (I was told I can find some leftovers and fix it myself). And this is not even touching on the issue of getting the contractors paid for their work - which took months and the contractors reaching out to me to ask for help getting Bath Fitters to pay. I have attached photos from the most recent install.

Bath Fitter response

Hello Mrs. Carroll, we are sorry to hear about this issue. Our team did reach out on July 8th to address this matter and assist with a resolution but we were unable to reach you and left a voicemail. Please return our call so we can best assist. Thank you.

Bath Fitter Company Information