4.4/5 (233 ratings)

About Bath Fitter

Bath Fitter is an acrylic bathtub, shower enclosure and tub-to-shower conversion company. The company’s bathtub refinishing products are custom molded to fit over existing fixtures for quick and clean bathroom renovations that last a lifetime. The company can complete installations in just one day.

Pros

• Next-day service
  • Demolition-free remodeling
  • Lifetime warranty on installation

Cons

• Regular cleaning required
  • Design consultation needed for quote

Bottom Line

Homes and commercial bathrooms in need of a quick remodel benefit from Bath Fitter’s next-day service and fast installation. Special care is required to maintain the new bathtub or shower, but it provides an affordable upgrade.

Bath Fitter Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

I had my bathroom remodeled by this company (Bath Fitter) in 2016. I am supposed to have a "Lifetime" warranty. I say "Supposed To" because I have been waiting for this company to come to touch up some areas in my shower which have become discolored with a mold-like appearance in the shower. It has been there for about 1 year, and I have been trying to clean and resolve on my own, but to no avail.

I contacted the company on 4/2022 and have been getting the run around ever since. I have been given three dates when a representative was supposed to come out to service my shower. The 1st time, after I called to find up what the hold up was, the receptionist (Lisa), said that the person who was supposed to

come out had gotten "Covid", but that when he was better he would come out. I thought, is he the "Only" one that is trained to do this work! I asked her if she could call weekly to give me an update. She said she could, but that didn't happen. The other times, more recently, when someone was supposed to come out were within the past 2-3 weeks. I was given dates and intervals of time, but NO ONE ever showed up or even called, since! All I have gotten have been excuses. I would definitely not recommend this company.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Sheila, we are sorry to hear about this issue and this experience. We will contact the local team so that they can schedule an appointment to resolve this matter. Please let us know if you require further assistance.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2022

I love my new shower. It turned out much better than I could have imagined. I would recommend this remodel to anyone. Steve and Chris did the job in one day. I have two more showers that I'm thinking of doing the same.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Jim, thank you so much for your great feedback!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2022

6 years ago we had our tub removed and a walk in shower installed by Bathfitter. The design is terrible. There is a gap under the seat between the seat and the wall and black mold grows there. It is difficult to reach in order to clean. You would have to lay on the floor and contort your body to clean it. We are in our 70's, which is why we had the tub replaced. There is no way we can clean it, and our 30 yr old even had difficulty contorting her body to clean it. When we complain to bathfitter, they send someone to clean it. This is not a solution. Also the non skid material they have on the floor is so rough it tears up whatever instrument you use to clean it. They only have one style of doors, so the towel rack ends up behind our sink & unusable. I think my next step with have to be a lawyer. This design is just awful!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2022

The two employees were courteous and friendly, focused on their job. One last final wipe down would have been good only because at different angles, there were a couple of areas missed. Overall an awesome job. I am 100% satisfied.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Michele, thank you so much for your great review!!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2022

This is now the 2nd time our tub has gotten water under the surround that was installed and now it completely separate from the tub itself. When I called the first time this happened I was informed that the "lifetime warranty" doesn't cover me since we have just bought this house and the warranty cannot transfer from the original homeowner to ourselves??? Are you kidding me, finally after going back and forth they agreed to come out and fix the issue as a one time courtesy, so now that this happened again I guess we are ** outta luck! I have always cleaned the tub per their instructions but the grout is always coming off so I guess we will contact the BBB next.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2022

The installer was polite, friendly and very neat. He answered questions asked and some BEFORE they were asked! I enjoyed Scott ** and Crissy. They were professional and thorough, answered questions, made conversation. The installation was a wonderful experience but having it to use every day is the best treat I have given myself.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Ethel!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2022

Bath Fitter need to go back to the drawing table to make the chair and pan installed more safe. My husband, Michael who is very handicap had a hard time on chair, few times almost slipped from the chair. Bath Fitter need to make the chair with some non-slip materials because after using conditioner for hair, it was slippery for him.

Toni **, Sales Consultant came over and had a temporarily solution for the chair and floor not to make it so slippery, she bought a bath mat with slip-resistant suction cups to put on chair that had to be cut to make it fit on chair and also bought me a floor mat for pan floor; she shouldn't have had to figure this out for a client, but she made it right and wanted us satisfied about him not slipping when using conditioner. Toni ** is an asset to your company. Bath Fitter need to give her a bonus for such a solution to the problem, even though bath mats will need to be replaced often. Suction cups SHOULD be put PERMANENT on handicap chairs and on pan floor so a handicap person does not fall.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you Virginia. We appreciate your feedback.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2022

The installer took great care to keep everything clean. He was very efficient and explained what he was doing. He also made sure we thought through decisions ie. which way the shower door should open. The project was completed on time, and the end result is beautiful.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for sharing your experience Xandra!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2022

I needed a desperate update to a bathroom in a rental house and called several companies for various solutions. Bath Fitter gave me a great quote, great service and an amazing finished product. Jerry was systematic, tidy, personable and downright enjoyable.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you so much for your review Joyce!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2022

I chose at Bath Fitter renovation for my condominium and couldn't be happier with the results! The installer arrived on time and was very conscientious. I am impressed with the quality of the workmanship. The installer cleaned up when he was finished. 24 hours later I was enjoying my new shower.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Debbie, thank you so much for your positive feedback!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2022

We highly recommend Bath Fitter for bath conversions. We found Patrick, our installer and Brian, the plumber to be friendly and professional. Patrick did a fantastic job using your quality materials. We did make some changes on our order, and they were followed perfectly. We would use your company again if needed and appreciate the friendliness of the staff and the quality of workmanship.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Pauline, thank you so much for your positive feedback!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

We had a tub replaced with a walk-in shower upstairs, and a small walk-in shower installed downstairs. Brock worked alone on the bathtub removal and shower installation. That amazed us!! He did an outstanding job! We are totally pleased with our new shower! Then a few weeks later, after my husband did some work swapping our stack washer/dryer with the shower space, Brock came back to work on the installation of the downstairs shower. Jeremy came after he finished a job to help him. They did a great job. Another things we appreciate about BathFitter is the salesman, Jon **, used to install, so he REALLY knew what he was talking about. We had another company come and give us a price just on the upstairs shower. We were able to get both of ours done for about the same price, and there are things we like about BathFitter's showers better! We would definitely recommend BathFitter!

Bath Fitter response

Hi Kay, thank you so much for your review! We're glad to hear everything was completed to your satisfaction!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

Polite. Cleaned up after job was done. Came on time. Easy to make an appointment with. Shower hardware was not a great quality and looks cheap. My shower curtain now hangs lower than it was and almost hits the floor but being screwed in I am not going to ask to have it fixed. Made a mistake in the shower, It has a wave in it but did bring it to my attention. I thought I was paying for the seamless walls and not having to deal with grout. When I said that to the installer he said, "Don't worry. Just call us when you need any done."

Bath Fitter response

Hi Debbie, thank you for your review. Please do not hesitate to reach out to our team if there is anything more we can do to assist.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

As seniors we decided to turn our tub into a shower, We are very pleased with the quality and efficiency of Bathfitter. Jacob the gentleman that installed our shower was very personable and cleaned up after himself, and was careful and tried not to disrupt our daily routine.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Marie and Mike, thank you so much for your review! We are so thrilled to hear our team was able to provide you with a great experience!!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

It was such a quick and easy transformation. They were able to remove my shower/tub combo and install a new walk-in shower in less than a day. They were very professional and did a great job. They arrived early that morning and were done before dinner.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Nichole, thank you so much for sharing your experience! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

Installers were friendly, polite, and efficient. They obviously knew their trade and proceeded accordingly. The cleaned up after themselves, and stayed to share information, and to answer any and all question that we had. All in all, it was a very easy project. We would highly recommend this company. And the best thing, the cost was reasonable.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Rick, thank you so much for your review! We are so thrilled to hear our team was able to provide you with a great experience!!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

We were very pleased with the service and product of Bath Fitter. From sales to complete installation, everything went just as has been explained to us. We had another bathroom renovated a few years ago. We were very pleased with that work as well & happy to find out that the price had not gone up unreasonably.

Bath Fitter response

Hi James, thank you so much for sharing your experience! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

The installation was done in one day by the Tech who was very efficient, clean and friendly. The technician took time to explain clearly what he would be doing.

Looks great. Would not hesitate to refer Bath Fitter to friends.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you so much for your positive feedback Elizabeth!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

I am in my 70's and want to stay in my home as long as possible. Changing my bathtub to a walk in shower was one way. Not knowing what to expect, I was very anxious about doing it. I talked to my sons and they said it was a great idea. So I met with Michael and his associate and I signed a contract. I had to wait 4 months to get it done. Along came Patrick. He was a no nonsense person coming to a job he just wanted to do. So I pretty much left him to do it.

After a very long day he was chatty and I was one happy lady to have the day gone and looking at a fabulous new bathroom. My son came a few days later and laid a new floor which was a bane of my existence. I hated it. Now I have a new floor to go with my beautiful new shower. I love it. Thank you Patrick. To be fair I have to say it was a bit pricey. But what isn't today? I would love to add before and after pictures but am not sure how to do that. Sorry. Linda **

Bath Fitter response

Hi Linda, thank you so much for sharing your experience! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

I thought the salesperson and installer were great! Job well done. Thanks to the scheduler for being flexible and allows me to reschedule a few times. The salesperson took the time to explain everything. The installer was efficient and tidy and the tub looks great. Overall a great experience.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you so much for your great review Curtis!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

We recently had a new shower installed by Bath Fitter. We are incredibly impressed with the quality of the product, along with the excellent installation process. The installer was very professional the entire time he was in our home. There was a minor issue with the corner shower caddy. The issue was resolved immediately. We can't say enough good about this company and the experience we had with them.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Leonard, thank you so much for sharing your experience! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

I am very pleased with my new shower. I liked that all 3 components were timed exactly, the demolition, plumber and the installer. Everyone took care that the floors were covered and my new shower was beautifully installed and clean. The installer answered all my questions about cleaning my new shower.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Diane, thank you so much for sharing your experience! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

This was a Big job! The removal went perfectly and cleanup was completed. The installation was bigger than usual but you would think Chris did this size every day. Chris did such an amazing job and he did it alone. He stayed until the plumbing was completed and it was a long day for him. The doors had to be custom made because of the size. Only took 2 weeks! We were amazed. Now it’s James turn to install the doors. IT’S COMPLETELY DONE!! And beautiful. Doug designed it, Chris installed it, James hung the doors, the finishing touch. These are 3 great young men who really know what they are doing, believe me. So glad we met them. It was a great experience! I recommend Bath Fitter. 100%! Rod & Verian in Newburgh

Bath Fitter response

Hi Rod, thank you so much for sharing your experience! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

I have a 100 year old bathtub that we use for our two little ones. After finding out that the surface contained LEAD (who knew?!) I was very concerned for their safety. The epoxy coating that had been previously applied to cover it had failed three times in 18 months! I had two quotes for removal and replacement, but at a cost of 14K+, I couldn't afford it. After calling Bath Fitter, I was BLOWN AWAY at their customer service. Art was fantastic not only with my dogs, but he truly cares about his customer and his product. He helped me select the best replacement for my tub and explained that, once installed, it would contain the lead safely, and I could once again use my bathtub to safely bathe my babies. Everything was installed and it looks like it was always a part of our historic house. I cannot be more pleased with the outcome. And SO affordable!

Bath Fitter response

Hi Nina, thank you so much for your review! We're glad to hear everything was completed to your satisfaction!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

This is the 3rd time we have used Bath Fitter. We have had a new shower installed twice in different homes and had a bathtub cover put in once. Every time the crew has been courteous, efficient and have always cleaned everything up when they're done. The showers have always turned out perfect and we were truly amazed with the bathtub. I would recommend Bath Fitter to anyone wanting to upgrade or just repair or replace what they have. Their prices are comparable to anyone else's and in most cases less than others. Also they have the greatest guarantees of all. Needless to say we would never use anyone else.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Tonya, thank you so much for your review! We are so thrilled to hear our team was able to provide you with a great experience!!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

Service was excellent from quote to completion, product was perfect as described, clean efficient installation, great experience overall. Offered a good financing option to get the job done with monthly payments. I highly recommend Bath Fitter! We're now considering our 2nd bathroom for redo based on our positive experience.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Edward, thank you so much for your review! We are so thrilled to hear our team was able to provide you with a great experience!!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

Not good so far, had to come back the second time and still waiting for Manager to come out. So far not happy with this at all. From the sale it went ok, when installed seemed to go ok. The 2nd day we had problems. Had out again. Tub not level, door on shower not sliding good.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

My installer was very courteous and made sure he cleaned any mess that he had made. They said it would take two days for the install and that is what they took. I am very satisfied with my stand up shower.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Norm, thank you so much for your review! We are so thrilled to hear our team was able to provide you with a great experience!!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

I am completely satisfied with the product and installation of my new walk-in shower. Evan was very knowledgeable and skilled at the work he performed. He explained what he was doing, how to care for the shower and did a thorough cleanup. I have peace of mind now when I shower.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Angelo, thank you so much for sharing your experience! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

We are thrilled with our new bath tub fitter! We also got the subway tiles, the rain shower head, and the rounded shower curtain rod. We feel like we have a whole new bathroom and I am so happy I can take baths again! The installer was AMAZING and it went very smoothly. He cleaned up after himself and took our old tub for disposal. We couldn’t be happier and the price is great considering how much it would cost to renovate. We love the life time warranty. We HIGHLY recommend Bath Fitter!

Bath Fitter response

Hi Dave and Jane, thank you so much for sharing your experience! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction!

Bath Fitter Company Information