It's that easy Request Information
4.40/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Bath Fitter is North America's leading acrylic bathtub, shower enclosure and tub-to-shower conversion company. Our bathtub refinishing products are custom molded to fit over existing fixtures for quick and clean bathroom renovations that last a lifetime. Best of all, we can complete the installation in just one day without compromising quality.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

3757 Bath Fitter Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: March 4, 2019

The contractors around here wouldn't help me out at all, and no one else but Bath Fitter would oblige to answer my calls. They redid the bathtub and the liner in it, plus they redid the walls and then put in the fixtures. The installer did a fine job, cleaned up after his mess and I was well pleased with what he did. The only problem I had was when he put the liner in, as I would like a better surface to stand on 'cause it's still slippery. Nonetheless, I'm satisfied with the work.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Leland, thank you for your review! We are glad to hear you had a great experience with our Bath Fitter team!!

Original review: March 4, 2019

The salespeople who came over were extremely nice, helpful and there was no pressure. After that, two guys came over and accessed the house from the side door. They were very neat, clean, nice as well as informative. They knew what they were doing and on the second day, one guy came to finish the job off and put the fixtures in. We had an old bathtub torn out, put a stand-up shower stall in, and the whole process took a day and a half total. It was in an older mobile home, so it was a bit of work for Bath Fitter to do, but they did exactly what they said they were gonna do, and they did it well.

Original review: March 3, 2019

We were moving into a new place and the bathtub was messy. I didn't wanna deal with ripping it out. I had heard good stories about Bath Fitter so we went to them. We got a bathtub cover and the liner. The plumber was in and out in about an hour and a half. And then the next day, the installation was done and it was very professional. Everything went very smoothly. But I wasn't expecting the price to be so high. It caught me off guard at first. It was $4,000 but I made it happen in my budget. It's well worth the money. Bath Fitter did a great job, and it was a very good experience.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your positive feedback Jessica! We are glad to hear you are loving your bathroom remodel. Thank you for your business!

Original review: March 3, 2019

We checked the cost and the companies were all comparable, but Bath Fitter has a good reputation. Their reps were also knowledgeable and friendly, while the gentleman who came was polite, clean, and efficient. We covered the bathtub and put in a panel on the ceiling. Bath Fitter did a good job.

Original review: March 2, 2019

We definitely needed an upgrade in our bathroom. Bath Fitter looked like a good product and we figured that that would be the best way to go. The reps seemed like very efficient people, and my interactions with them were fine. We bought the tub, the shower and the plumbing fittings. The installation person showed up on time and got done rather quickly considering what was done. The quality of the work that was finished is good.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

Original review: March 1, 2019

I'm very satisfied with my experience with Bath Fitter. I first used them in my house and the second time was for the condo. I had the whole thing done - the tub, the shower and also the walls. I was attracted to Bath Fitter due to the fact that they didn't have any seams on the sides. It's very neat and clean looking. I also had the grab bars put in. The installation team knew exactly what they were doing. I asked them a couple of questions and they answered. Also, the salesman that I dealt with was very clear and he told me everything that I was going to get with the package of doing my tub and my wall.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Edmee, thank you for sharing your great experience! We are thrilled to hear your loving your new Bath Fitter unit. Thank you for your business!

Original review: March 1, 2019

We had experience with Bath Fitter in the past and this time around, they did another bathtub and surround. Although we got a textured floor that is still very slippery, they did a very good job. They were very efficient and polite. We are enjoying the unit now.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I checked out the stuff that Bath Fitter had and I liked what I saw, so I got it. They remodeled my shower stall and they did a five-tier shelving. The salesman was great. He was people-oriented and he was a knowledgeable consultant. Then, the installers did their thing and the guy showed me how to use everything when he was done. Everybody was very nice and very pleasant and I have already recommended them.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Ginger! We're glad to hear our team was able to provide you with a great experience! Thank you for choosing Bath Fitter for your remodeling project!!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I hated my bathroom. One of the handles on the cold kept falling in the tub every time you turned it on or off. With the hot water, we had to use a vice grip to shut the thing off. Half the stuff was rusted, and there was a hole in the tub. I added a dining room and another little half bath, and there was a rusted window in there that was left. I tried to paint over it, and it still looked horrible. Because I didn’t like everything there, I kept putting my shower curtain in front of it so that when people go in to use the bathroom, they wouldn’t see the ugly bathtub and that window.

I kept seeing Bath Fitter on television and it was really good, so I figured I'd give them a try. They were great because I had a different idea, and then Kyle showed me another way. I just wanted to cover the window and take it all the way up to the ceiling. I painted the bathroom a real pretty blue and white, and he said, “If you put it only so far up, then you can still see the blue all the way around.” I didn’t even think about that. I bought the backsplash and then they took out the two faucets and put it all into one, which I like better. With the hole in the tub, they put in a new liner which is great. Then they put in some little shelves on both sides so I can put stuff onto it. I also asked them to put a grab bar in ‘cause I am 70 years old and I may need it.

The installers were there on the biggest part of the day because they had to wait for the plumber to get through first. After he got through, Kyle came in and did whatever he did. The plumber was there about two hours, and then the rest of the five hours was just Kyle trying to get the tub in as well as the backsplash and the grab bars. I really appreciated them ‘cause when I go in the bathroom now, I can smile at it because I don’t see the stupid window that covered it. I would recommend Bath Fitter to anybody who wants to try them because to me, it was well worth it.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Salesperson provides incomplete information. Salesperson doesn't protect clients when needed probably due to lack of influence within the firm. Client has to call to initiate the work once city approval has been given. Installation is not a one day job but three days plus a few days when the contracted outsider measures the door plus another two weeks before the doors are installed. Office in Pompano doesn't provide clear information, your requests are not transmitted to the right person, phone calls from the office must always be listened to 4 times to guess what message was left and their calling back is not a priority.

Measuring the door is odd considering that almost any height or length would be suitable. The contractor measuring the door works on his own time, doesn't seem to know how to leave a clear message on the phone and probably doesn't value Bath Fitter clients as a priority and doesn't return calls. Bath Fitter is expensive considering the work and the material involved and client satisfaction doesn't appear to be a priority. Had I known all of this before signing, it would have been much easier to accept but then I would have looked twice at the proposed price.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Pierre, we understand that our branch has been able to reach out and address this matter. If there is anything more we can do to assist you, please do not hesitate to contact us. Thanks!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I saw Bath Fitter's commercial and I thought, "Boy, this is beautiful," but I thought it would be really expensive. But one day we just called and they came over. The salesperson really knew his stuff. He was really professional and courteous and he was a wonderful person. We decided they were the best company for us because of the lifetime warranty they gave. We can pass it on as we sell the house and it was something that would be a good selling point if we're gonna sell.

The plumber came first and had the plumbing done. He even fixed something that had nothing to do with what they were doing. We had a clamp on a hose I found in the basement. He replaced it for us and didn't charge anything. He was fast and he was awesome. Then, the installers came in and did the job. They did our whole bathtub and the wall. Also, we got a grab bar and we got a big shelf on the inside. You could tell that the gentleman that did the work really took pride in his job because with everything he did, it was like it was his own place. We tell all our friends about Bath Fitter if they were gonna need work done in their bathroom, Bath Fitter is the one to do it because they are awesome.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Dan, thank you for your review! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to go above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction! We hope you will continue to enjoy your bathtub for years to come!!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I got a walk-in shower from Bath Fitter and they removed my tub. The reps didn't give me as much information as I thought I was gonna get because the commercials kept saying that you could have all the time to pay. Then, because I wouldn't finance anything, they asked for cash money right away and that surprised me. But the installation team was fantastic. They did the job in four and a half hours from start to finish. I'm fine with the overall quality of the product and the installation. I claimed that there are too many curves to clean, but I don't need to clean any of those.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Bob! We are glad to hear you are loving your new Shower! Thank you for your business!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

Very pleased my bathroom remodeling. Appreciated the professionalism and the quality of the workmen. Enclosed are three after pictures and one before picture. Would recommend this company to anyone looking for efficient and professional bathroom remodeling. Many thanks! Genevieve **.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Genevieve! We are glad to hear you had a great experience with Bath Fitter! Thank you for your business.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

Our tub was an old cast iron one and we thought it would be too hard to take out. Bath Fitter was the only one we knew of that fitted ones over top. So we called them and we liked what we saw. We purchased a tub and a surround from them, and the two guys that they came out for the installation did a really good job. They were really courteous too. The plumber was here for one day, and he was only here a couple hours. And then the other guy came in the morning and was done around 2:00. I am really satisfied with the product. Bath Fitter is really nice to work with.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

Bath Fitter was originally going to do the tub over the installation, but something happened and they just replaced our tub and shower surround. It was our first Bath Fitter remodel and the representative was really good to deal with. He was prompt when he came, very friendly, and very capable of designing what we needed. I would recommend Bath Fitter to someone else. Our experience went really well and we were really happy with the results.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Mark, thank you for your review! We are glad to hear you had a great experience with Bath Fitter! Thank you for your business!!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Bath Fitter does beautiful work. The person who installed our walk-in shower did an excellent job. He cleaned up his mess afterward. The shower itself was great.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your positive feedback Evelyn! We are so glad to hear our team was able to ensure your satisfaction. Thank you for your business!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I got a shower and spa with the finishing touches done a month ago and the quality is very good. The Bath Fitter sales rep told me what faucets would match the faucets that are going in the shower, and he was actually at a Lowe's and took a picture of a couple for me. So, he went above and beyond. The installers did a great job as well.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

We love our tub and wall overlay. Quest was great on explaining things. Matt did a great install. Everything we wanted, there's a but here and that's why I only give a 4. No follow up to ask us how we like it, and I did put in a complaint about a very small knick in our brand new vanity, I'm sure it was an accident, but nonetheless nobody's called back.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Michael, thanks for your review. We want to make sure you are completely satisfied and we will pass this message over to our branch and they will be sure to give you a call to discuss your experience. Thank you for reaching out!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

We had a new bath from Bath Fitter with all the fixtures installed. It was purchased in October of last year. We spoke to the representative that came out and she was very professional. The installers were very professional as well. The installation didn’t take more than a day, And the finished product is great.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for sharing your experience Nichole! We are pleased to hear you had a great experience with our team!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I had seen Bath Fitter on television and then I talked to a gentleman at the Illinois State Fair in their booth. It seemed that it wasn’t gonna be a long drawn-out affair. The gentleman I talked to, and then everybody that I talked to after that, seemed to know what they were talking about. I had confidence in the conversation so I decided to go with them. Everybody at Bath Fitter was very courteous and nice. In fact, we had some problem with my check, and the lady rep was very patient with me until I got the check to her. The installation was nice. They put an encasement around my tub and did the walls.

There were some things that I missed that I should have told the installer, but I just went ahead and didn't say anything about it. It was something minor and that can be taken care of, but it could have been a bit different. The only thing was that I had seen later that there were other things, and maybe I overlooked it when I talked to the salesman who came out, but I wish now that I had gotten something that was smooth. They’re not a smooth wall. But other than that, everything’s okay and my bathroom looks better. I would recommend Bath Fitter to a friend.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Peggie, thank you for sharing your experience! We're glad to hear you are enjoying your new Bath Fitter unit. We will also pass your message along to our branch to see if there is anything more we can assist you with. Thank you!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

Tub did not maintain its looks and luster. I am so disappointed. Our water in our area is not the best and my tub is now black with stains! I have two service men come and they said with elbow grease it will come off. Not coming off. They both were very nice but did not help in the situation. I have tried all of the products. We have a mineral deposit that wont come out. I feel sick. I spent over $4000 and it looks worse than the avocado green tub they covered over. I am just heartsick. I cannot get it clean!

Bath Fitter response

Hi Nancy, we're sorry to hear about this issue. We have passed this information over to our branch and they should be in touch shortly. Please let us know if there is anything more we can do for you. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

I was walking through Home Depot and saw a Bath Fitter sample. I thought they looked better than they used to look years ago. I purchased the tub and the surround. The sales rep was very forthright and to the point. He was a down-to-earth person without a lot of frivolities. I was satisfied.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Margaret, thank you for your review! We're glad to hear you had a great experience with our team!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

Ordered tub after having salesman out. Started in June 2018. Tub had to be ordered as it was an insert over old tub. Now my old tub definitely had issues. So in good faith gave him money down, a few days later got several phone calls that tub couldn't be ordered until I paid more money down. Then the wait began. Never heard back. Finally in August they came out with original insert. Young guy came to install. Let's say it was interesting at best. So fast forward tub still retains water and the cracked tiles.

Call office. They send a guy out and he says "yup you got a problem. I guess I shouldn't ask for the balance owing." I just gave him a look. Well many calls and many months go by and no new replacement. Ask to speak with owner and instead I get operations woman. Says this is warranty and can't without payment. I explained to her the long running monthly calls. She says, "Oh look. Your tub is sitting in warehouse." Now it is February 2019. She schedules guy to come replace. There was so much water between the insert and tub. I have black tiles now too. Well now, he replaces the insert and I have even more cracked tiles, the tub still doesn't completely drain and they have sent 3 bills in 2 weeks and no return calls. NEVER EVER USE THIS COMPANY FOR BATH INSERT. To top it off the last insert they put in made my tub so small I can't take a bath.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Loreen, this is not the experience we strive to provide and we apologize for your frustrations. We will pass this message along to our branch and be in touch shortly. Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I liked Bath Fitter's commercial on TV that had a professional, the Better Business Bureau, and freebies, so I went with them and I didn’t even check the prices. I got the tub and the surrounding walls around it. The sales people were fine. They sent a guy out to measure and do an estimate, and he was great. They set up financing with Wells Fargo. That all went well. Then the installer was great too and did a good job. I’m happy with them. It hasn't been two weeks yet since I made the purchase, but the products that I received are great and I like them. My experience with Bath Fitter went so smoothly for me.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I purchased a home approx. 2 years ago and the seller had recently had Bath Fitter come in and install a new bath in the home. I rented the home to a nice couple and everything was going well. I received a call from them and they explained that the tub caulking had broken down and water was seeping into the old tub. We contacted Bath Fitter and to my surprise they said there was no warranty! They then informed me that it would cost $450.00 to remove the tub and empty the water from the old tub and re-install the tub! The fact is if the caulking was done properly it should have lasted a lot longer than just 2 years! I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Robert, we can appreciate your frustration. According to our team, the cause of the leak was a silicone issue however this silicone job was not completed by Bath Fitter. We understand our branch had been able to resolve this issue. Should you require any further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

The sales rep I worked with at Bath Fitter was very friendly and informative. He was also easy to get a hold of. I had them replace the surround thing in the tub and in the shower head. The plumber came about 7:30, and the other guy came about 9:00 and he was gone by 4:00. Bath Fitter was very good. My bathroom is very nice now and I like it.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Nancy, thank you for sharing your experience! We are glad to hear our team was able to ensure your satisfaction. Thank you for your business!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

A gentleman from Bath Fitter came down and he majored in everything and shot me a price. Then, I invited the installation crew into my home and showed them where I wanted the shower. They went in and out and cleaned up their mess when they were done. They were nice and polite. They did what they were supposed to do and I am happy with the finished product. They put in one shower in the bathroom but they did not have the stuff to finish the other bathroom. There were some bad pipes so they made arrangements to come back a second time.

They had to beat the bathtub up because it was cast iron. They packed it out and redid the floor where the bathtub sat. It took them about five hours and the job was well done. When they finished, it is a bathtub-sized shower and it is awesome. We also got one grab bar that was the bigger ones and we went with a curtain as they were not able to put sliding doors to where it was situated. Bath Fitter was a little on the expensive side at $11,000 but we like them. They are efficient and are really grandly. They are nice, big and it is a little more than we expected.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Raymond, thank you for sharing your feedback! We are glad to hear you are happy with your new shower!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Very pleased with my new tub. Eduardo was very professional and friendly explain in detail what he would be doing and showed/asked me where I would like to put my accessories. After installation he showed me how to turn on the shower/tub and explain paperwork. I am enjoying my tub.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Wanda, thank you for your review! We are very pleased to hear you had a great experience with Bath Fitter. Thank you for your business and thank you for sharing your beautiful pictures!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I notified Bath Fitter out at the mall and they called me, then we set up an appointment. I thought that going with them would be a good way to go because it was all gonna be guaranteed for life and it was all sealed. Their sales representative explained everything really well to be able to tune exactly where we were coming from. The guys that came out to do the install were on time and cleaned up very well afterward. The finished product is beautiful. Bath Fitter has been the fastest ones so far. I just wish they did more than just the bathtub and showers I wish they expanded to do more things because the quality of the work they put in was excellent.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Wayne, thank you for your positive feedback! We're happy to hear you are loving your new bathroom. Thank you for your business!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Chino did my install, he was on time and professional. I’m very pleased with his work and attention to detail. Plus he really loves his job. That makes all the difference in the world. I would recommend Chino to anyone planning a makeover.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Dianne, thank you for your review! We so glad to hear Chino was able to go above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction! Thank you for your business!

Bath Fitter Company Information