Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Get Pricing
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.97/5

Bath Fitter is an acrylic bathtub, shower enclosure and tub-to-shower conversion company. The company’s bathtub refinishing products are custom molded to fit over existing fixtures for quick and clean bathroom renovations that last a lifetime. The company can complete installations in just one day.

Bath Fitter Call Now Toll Free (888) 996-1628 Get Pricing
Call Now Toll Free

Bath Fitter Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

Original review: Oct. 5, 2020

Back in 2013 we had Bath Fitter come to our home and fit our main bathroom with a tub liner. After a year or so the caulking done around the seams where the wall liner meets the tub started to pull away from the wall when anyone stood in the tub to have a shower. I removed the original caulking at the time and reapplied a good quality name brand caulk and this fixed the problem.

Then this year while cleaning the tub my wife noticed that the liner that had been installed on the walls of the bath was cracked. We contacted the local Bath Fitter location here in Victoria and they sent someone out to verify the problem. They then scheduled a time about 3 month later to have a installer come out to replace the wall liner under warranty. The wait seemed excessive but since the tub was still usable we were okay with it.

Finally two Bath Fitter installers came to install the new liner and took about 6 hours to complete the work (there was about a 2 hour lunch break in there as well so...). Curiously, while they were doing the job they made mention of how poor the install was done and that the installer who did the original work had since left the employ of Bath Fitter. Seems kind of odd that their own employees were telling us about the shoddy workmanship of another fellow employee but I guess that's just how they roll, my tub was fixed and all was good again.

Then about a 3 months after the warranty repairs were done we noticed water leaking onto the floor of the bathroom and realized that the caulking was pulled away from the wall again. I called Bath Fitter to arrange to have them come and redo the caulking only to find out that they had been trying to call me on several occasions over the past three month (they had the wrong phone number?) to collect on a $750 bill that I had outstanding. I was flabbergasted to hear this and when I asked what I owed money for they said that the warranty repairs only covered the parts and not the labor. I was very surprised to find out that the "Limited Lifetime Warranty" the Bath Fitter offers as a sales pitch only covers labor for 5 years.

On the topic of the warranty, I could find nothing on the Bath Fitter web site that says anything about this and only saw this information in the fine print of the contract. The local Bath Fitter shop said nothing to us about the labor charges prior to doing the warranty work and the only reason we found out about it is because we had to call them back to repair faulty workmanship and materials.

Long story I know but the short of it is BUYER BEWARE! The Bath Fitter product is average quality at best especially for the money it cost and experience that we have had with leaking caulking and warranty repairs has left a very sour taste in our mouths. I can not in good conscience recommend this company or their products to anyone.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

Bath Fitter scheduled an appointment and Leo ** arrived right on time. Leo was very knowledgeable and friendly. He went over all of the options, did not pressure us to purchase anything that we weren't interested in. We made our selection and scheduled the install date. Matt ** arrived right on time to remove our old tub and enclosure and install a new walk in shower w/ glass doors. Matt and his assistant worked 8 hours non-stop and when they were done, you would never know they were there. They cleaned up great and the shower looks amazing. I always thought bath fitter was to cover old tubs, but they do so much more than that. I would highly recommend bath fitter.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience Dana! We are so glad to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction!!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

Bath Fitter installed a bathtub and shower stall inserts at a new to us house my wife and I bought. The installer didn't go under the house to properly connect to the existing plumbing. Instead they made the connection inside the house through the floor. The pipe they used to connect to the existing plumbing was too long and both drains have incorrect flow, and won't drain. When I spoke with Bath Fitter about the drain flowing the wrong way the rep said they don't check for the correct flow when connecting to existing plumbing. He also said the City inspector had signed off on the work.

I previously checked with the City and that statement had been a lie. A final inspection hadn't been completed and when I asked if they would fix their work if the inspector didn't pass it the Bath Fitter rep said No. The bathtub and shower cost over $15,000 and you would expect your plumbing to be connected to correctly for that large amount of money. If you're wanting a bathtub or shower find a different contractor. Do your homework and find a company that will stand behind their product and their installation.

Bath Fitter response

Mr. Rice, our team completed the bath and shower remodel as requested by the original homeowners. The pipes you are referring to are not within Bath Fitter's scope of work. We connected our installation to the P-trap and the plumbing beyond that point was not modified by Bath Fitter and is not within our scope to correct. If you would like to discuss this matter further, you can reach us at (408) 457-0835.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

When the salesman, Andrew, came to our home he had multiple conversations with us about our old tile being removed and how we would gain space in the shower/tub. He said any issues behind the tile would be fixed. He also told us a plumber would come in first and replace pipes and then the installer. The installer came yesterday for the start of the install and said the shut off valves don't work and no plumber is coming to replace them or any other pipes like we were told they would. Then, we see that the new liner for the walls is being placed over the tiles!

First of all, how do you see a problem behind the tile with the wall if you don't remove the tile? Secondly, the shower walls are going to come out so far now that there will be no edge on the inside of the tub! As a woman, I use that edge to put my foot up to shave my leg! What kind of circus act do they expect me to do in the shower to shave my legs with nowhere to put my foot except for a flat, slippery wall?!? It's not like I can tell them to take it back because my old one is gone and in pieces. Using Bath Fitter has been one of my biggest and most costly mistakes. I do not recommend them.

Bath Fitter response

Cheryl, we are sorry to hear you are unhappy with the final result of your Bath Fitter project. Our sales manager has attempted to reach out to address this matter but has been unable to reach you. Please contact our team back at (570) 634-6667. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2020

I have made 5 "virtual" appointments with Bath Fitter (due to the covid, only virtual). All of which were cancelled on the spot, at the said appointment. Reason being, because the "lady of the house" was not present. They do require us both to be at said appointment. I keep explaining to them that the "lady" is only a girlfriend who will be paying nothing towards the job, and will be making no decisions, and has no financial or legal interest in my house. They have wasted 5 months of my time before they were honest with me as to why they kept cancelling.

After complaining about this to a friend, who happens to be a very successful salesman, He gave me the story. That it is a "high pressure" sales technique that salesman use when they want to overcome any objections a couple may have after the appointment, in an attempt to have all parties sign on the spot, and not be able to reconsider a day later. Well fellas, it cost you a job, and a bad review. All beware of possible high pressure sales, that might make you and your "lady" feel uncomfortable.

Bath Fitter response

Hi William, we appreciate your feedback and concerns. According to our system we only had 2 virtual consultations that were scheduled, the second of which was cancelled to accommodate for your girlfriend's presence. We're sorry that you feel that this policy is a high pressure sales tactic, it is intended to best answer everyone's questions during the meeting and provide you with options that would be to everyone's satisfaction. Should you reconsider, please do not hesitate to reach out. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

Fina does outstanding work. She took extra caution to protect the hardwood floor before starting the remodel. Fina explained each step in the process and paid attention to detail. She worked non-stop from the time she entered until finished. We are planning on having a second bathroom remodeled the same way and hope Fina will be available. OUTSTANDING job.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your great review Darryl! We are thrilled to hear Fina was able to complete everything to your satisfaction. Thank you for your business!!

Original review: July 31, 2020

Our repair person was very professional and did the repair quickly. (Steven **) We are very happy with out Bath Fitter tub and shower units which were installed in 2004. Thank you Bath Fitter for fixing the repair one day after I reported it.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience Stephanie!

Original review: July 29, 2020

I had my bath rebathed several years ago, and have been so pleased and happy with it, that it was my goal to rebath the shower in the master bathroom. I had to wait several years, but it is time now! I am so happy. Vicente worked by himself and he was outstanding and professional. (I give him a 10), quiet but friendly and very dedicated to keeping my home clean and even in better condition when he left. I love my my shower, I love the big rainshower head with handheld shower; the corner shelf is perfect with footrest, I love that I got a safety bar, -- well, to sum it up: I LOVE MY NEW SHOWER. Thank you.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Sarah, thank you for your review! We are thrilled to hear you are loving your new shower. Thank you for your business!!

Original review: July 28, 2020

Overall, the shower is fairly decent but pretty well overpriced for what I got. I paid $6200 for a tiny shower and 6 hours of work between the installer and plumber. The installer missed sealing a portion of the tub because he couldn't reach (never made the effort to try) and he also missed sealing a portion of inside the shower which ended up leaking the first night I used it. He also missed installing a decorative item over some hardware (not a big deal). The plumber had to relocate the drain for the shower which did some collateral damage to my sink drain (not his fault). The sink drain pipe ended up coming lose and water leaked all over my vanity and bathroom floor. The installer came and repaired that issue and mentioned that it wasn't their fault because the drain was missing a gasket.

Although I can't blame them for it, it was created due to relocated the drain. I sent a text message with a picture asking if it's standard practice by Bath Fitter to not fully seal the bottom of the tub because the installer couldn't reach it. Although, the person never responded with an answer, they did say they would get back to me. Unfortunately, I haven't heard from that person since Thursday (7/23/20) and I do not feel it is my responsibility to contact them to address the issue mentioned above with the tub. My first experience with Bath Fitter was fantastic but my second was absolutely terrible, do not recommend at this time.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Phillip, we can appreciate your concern. Our team was in contact through text on Sunday, July 26th and an appointment was set for Monday, August 3rd. If you require any further assistance with this matter, please do not hesitate to reach out. Thank you.

Original review: July 28, 2020

It's probably six years since Bath Fitter installed a new tub and shower surround in our bathroom. The work the installer did was excellent. He knew exactly what he was doing and did a perfect job. Years later everything still looks like the day it was installed. Today I get a quote on rejuvenating my basement shower stall.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Mike! We are thrilled to hear you are still loving your Bath Fitter 6 years later!

Bath Fitter Company Information