Call toll free
4.53/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Bath Fitter is North America's leading acrylic bathtub, shower enclosure and tub-to-shower conversion company. Our bathtub refinishing products are custom molded to fit over existing fixtures for quick and clean bathroom renovations that last a lifetime. Best of all, we can complete the installation in just one day without compromising quality.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

3584 Bath Fitter Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

I was at a home show when I started looking at Bath Fitter and I liked that they could get things done quickly. They installed a bathtub for me and it went very well. The reps were professional and very friendly. The bathtub is very good and I love it.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Trena, thank you for sharing! We're glad to hear our team was able to deliver you a brand new bathtub in a timely manner. Thank you for your business!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

I saw a Bath Fitter van in the neighborhood and it piqued my interest. I looked them up online and I knew they could go behind walls. If there was any kind of other conditions they had found, they'd be able to remediate it. A lot of people would start charging a whole bunch of stuff 'cause the condo is not super old, but it looked like they had gone back and then the piping had changed so I didn't know what we would be dealing with. The person who came out to the house was the manager. He was knowledgeable and was able to do the entire spiel. He was able to answer all the questions and there was no pressure to commit.

Everyone at the phone service was very communicative, however, it went silent after a while ‘cause the supplies hadn't come in so it was kind of a guessing game. But eventually, once everything came in, the installation was very quick. My parents were here and they said everyone was very professional. They didn't damage any walls bringing stuff in. We got the complete bathtub and wall cover and it looks great, I haven't had a problem with it. It's easy to clean and the materials are great just like what they talked about in the installation preview, so the product is exactly what was promised. I would definitely recommend going with the subway tile option ‘cause it looks nice. Everyone should go for Bath Fitter, they're not gonna regret it.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Jessica, thank you for your positive feedback! We're glad to hear you had a wonderful experience with our Bath Fitter team and that you are loving your new Bathtub. Thank you for your business!

Resolution response: Oct. 27, 2018

Bath Fitters respond and was able to resolve this issue with us to our satisfaction. Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

The sales team never disclosed to me that a deposit would be non-refundable. The back side of the contract is not signed by me or by the salesperson. I was rushed through when I asked questions like these. When we changed our minds about working with Bath Fitter, we were told our deposit was not refundable. Not even a portion of the deposit will be refunded. Absolutely zero work was done in our home but they will not return our $800. It has been an awful experience.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Sarah, this does not sound like the experience we strive for and we'd like the opportunity to make it right. We have passed this information along to your branch and they should be in contact shortly to address this issue. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

A neighbor down the street had some work done by Bath Fitter. I also noticed their company on TV and seen the options that I had as far as getting my own bathroom done, so I went with them. Their reps came in and did what they were supposed to do. The plumber raised the shower up higher and it made a big difference. It was much better than when it was kinda low from the jump. But the guy who came here had to leave twice to retrieve certain items. It was no big deal though and he caused no convenience. He explained to me that the truck he usually drives had a flat to it and at the time, he was driving somebody else’s truck. So, it was all agreeable that I could see why he had to go back if he didn’t have a certain piece that he needed to complete the job.

They did the whole bathroom and a third of the wall and the family's pleased with their work. They did that a month ago and so far, everything is A-OK and doing what it should be doing. And I would tell others to go along with Bath Fitter because what they did to the bathroom makes our house look like a totally different house. It changed it up everything and made the house look much better.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Mr. Rodgers, thank you for sharing your great experience. We're glad to hear our team was able to deliver you a brand new shower that transformed the look of your bathroom and home! Thank you again for your business.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Remodeling with Bath Fitter was gonna be a quick process and we wanted someone who could really focus on the shower area, which was exactly what we needed. Also, their rep came to our home and talked to us about some of the options. We also talked price then my husband and I decided that that was the direction we wanted to go. We got a walk-in shower enclosure and when it was installed, the rep let us know what he'd be doing and what time it'd be done approximately. He stayed right on track, so the installation was very good. I would totally recommend Bath Fitter. They seemed like a great company and their reps were friendly. It also seemed like if we had any problems, it wouldn't be too difficult to get in touch with somebody to get the problem resolved.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Karen, thank you for sharing your wonderful experience. We're glad to hear that you had a pleasant experience with our team and that they were able to meet your expectations.Thank you again for your business and have a great day!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I requested an in home estimate from Bath Fitter. My direct contact was always the office person Lori. On 10/2/18, a representative, Lisa came by, completed measurements and provided an estimate. The estimate was for 5,000.00 to install a tub & surround. At the time, I wasn't aware that the price was outrageously high for my very small bathroom. Lisa advised that I would need to pay $1,000.00 deposit. She stated that, If I changed my mind, I would have three days to cancel. We agreed that she would wait to hear from me before anything was ordered, because I was going to look into financing.

Later the same day, I spoke with my daughter, who resides in another state as well as a couple of other people who stated that, this was too much to pay for a bathtub shell & surround. They felt that, I was being taken advantage of. On the same day at 7:54pm, I called Bath Fitter and left a message, same as I had been doing for over a month, when Lori & I was missing each other. Never any issues with Lori receiving my messages. I left a message advising that, I had changed my mind and requested that my check be returned and not deposited. This was well within the 3 day deadline. Well the following day, I had a medical procedure and didn't remember to call again because, Lori always received my messages. I didn't stop payment because, I trusted that since I conformed well within the deadline, Bath Fitter would be fair. Was I wrong.

On 10/15/18, I received a message from Charlie, asking to set up installation. I called back and explained that I had cancelled this order on the same day it was made. Lisa called and informed me that they did not get my message and that I was going to lose my deposit. I know they got the message because, they have gotten every other message I have left. According to my bank, my check was deposited on 10/12/18. If they didn't get my message, why did they hold my check from 10/2 to 10/12. I have read other complaints about Bath Fitter refusing to return deposits. I have my phone records for that day, that documents that, I made a call and the duration of the call to the Pensacola office.

I am 65 and cripple and feel that, they took advantage and did not want to return my money. Lisa was not suppose to do any ordering without hearing from me. I complied with the three day cancellation policy and they are pretending they never received a call. My phone records prove I called. Now I feel I am getting the runaround with Charlie saying, he can't make the decision to refund my $1,000.00, he has to contact other management. I am providing the phone record of the call. I had no other reason to call the office on the same day the order was placed. See attached. I can provide a copy, could not get scanned. I will be filing a complaint through the state of Florida also.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Mary, this is not the experience we strive for and we'd like to look into this matter fr you. We will pass this message along to your branch and they should be in contact shortly. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any further assitance. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

My mother recommended Bath Fitter. They got a flier in the mail and passed it along to me. I looked at other possibilities, but there aren't a whole lot of them and I recognized Bath Fitter's name. The rep did a standard salesman thing where he started in the middle, then went up high and then he let the customer make the decision, but there was no pushing or shoving. I made it clear from the outset that I was going to be making the decisions and we started out talking about doing the whole floor-walls, but settled on getting just a tub liner and a soap dish to cover up the hole that was in the wall.

The salesman was, by far, the least obnoxious, but there was a point where I had reservations. Our bathtub was refitted from 1960s plumbing and he said that to put up an enclosure wall, there was something we had to get rid of, but because I know a bit of stuff, I saw that it meant having a hole behind the enclosure, which is fine if it’s a permanent solution. If I asked him about taking it down later, he would have given me a straight answer and let me decide from there. When I said I didn’t want to go with the whole enclosure, he provided another option and he didn’t suggest that it would be worse to go with the cheaper option, so I appreciate that.

After the installer came in and introduced himself, we talked about what he was going to do and then he did it. I just sat in the room and occasionally, I’d hear a sound, turn around, take a look and ask questions. He was forthright and told me what he was doing, but I wish my whole bathroom was re-grouted for me, which is not really within the scope of the work. I was really happy with the work and remain so far. I tested it out the other day and it seemed sound. Bath Fitter has a good reputation and I’d recommend them.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Michael, thank you for sharing your experience! We're glad to hear that your found your experience with our sales rep and installer both enjoyable and informative. Thank you again for your business!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Bath Fitter has a good reputation and I had them put a shower in over a bad shower. When I met with Gary, their sales rep, he described the whole remodel which was a great idea. He was very clear. He showed all the benefits then set me up and got me the financing. However, I saw white stuff coming in the drain and it seemed really strange to me. I had concerns afterward about that white stuff and I thought I would see a pipe when I look down the drain. I took pictures and sent it to Gary and he had somebody come out.

The installers took out the first putty job and explained to me that because of the type of pipe I had, they had to put putty in it. They told me it was the only type they could do there and they could not put just the pipe fitting without the putty so it was the way it has to be. Still, the installers did a neater job and I was definitely appreciative of it. I recommend Bath Fitter.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Debra, thank you for sharing your experience. We're glad to hear team was able resolve your issue to your satisfaction. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you ever require any further assitance. Thank you again for your business!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Tub cover was nice, and drain looked good. But when it came to trimming the sides it was a bunch of caulking, looked terrible. Talked to salesman about it twice and nothing was done. Was going to have them do more work for me, but not now.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Kevin, this does not sound like the experience we strive for and we'd love the opportunity to make this right. Would you be able to send us your zip code so we may locate the branch you did business with and have them address this issue? Thank you very much.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

We chose to work with Bath Fitter after seeing online that they had a good reputation and because of their guarantee. We went from a tub to a shower with them. I also liked the idea that they could be in and out in a day or two. We dealt with a very good sales rep. We had lots of questions for him at the time and he was forthcoming about them. Also, we had Cedric, the installer, who is an amazing guy. I was concerned because they weren’t done after one day. They also had the wrong base which was a left instead of a right. It took them overnight to get that. Cedric was here till 7:30 that night and he finished it up. Bless his heart! He's got the heart of a carpenter and that was really appreciated. So overall, it was a good experience. Everybody along the line followed through with what they said they were gonna do and that's always encouraging. Not everybody does that.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Ron, thank you for sharing your amazing experience! We are very proud of our installers like Cerdic who reflect Bath Fitter's mission of delivering you a wonderful product that will delight you and your family for years to come. Thank you again for your business and have a great day!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I had my old shower and tub taken out and replaced it with a shower. I just talked to the reps of Bath Fitter and they made an appointment to come out. One guy did the installation. He told me it was gonna take all day, so it took about eight hours to take this old bathtub out and put the shower in. It costs a little more than I thought it was going to, but we were satisfied with it. I would recommend Bath Fitter to a friend.

Bath Fitter response

Hi William, we're glad you hear that our team was able to make your remodeling project a smooth and easy experience. Thank you again for your business and for sharing your experience!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

We got a shower from Bath Fitter and the rep showed us a couple of different samples. We picked out what we like, and it turned out really nice. He knew what he was talking about. The only thing that worried me was the cost. The price was just high. We could really remodel the whole bathroom for what we paid for a shower. The installer did well though. He was constantly moving. So he got it done quickly and professionally as he could. He also cleaned up after himself. I couldn't even tell he was here because everything was back like it was. Even outside, he cleaned all that up too. The quality of work was good as well.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Issac, thank you so much for sharing your experience! We’re thrilled that you had a great experience and that our team went above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction. Our premium quality tubs are backed by a limited lifetime warranty so if you ever require further assistance you can always contact Bath Fitter. Thank you again for your business and have a great day!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I was really impressed when the Bath Fitter representative came and showed the different options. The warranty was an appealing factor to me and I was mostly happy with it. Then the shower-tub conversion about a month and a half ago went very well. I was more than satisfied with how it was.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Paul, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Our team prides itself on delivering an outstanding product that with delight you and your family for years to come. Thank you again for your business1

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

I like the idea that Bath Fitter had no seams in the corners, that it was all one piece. So, I got the bottom thing, a shower thing and the walls, and we used our old closets. The sales rep, the installer and the overall quality of work were very good. It was a very good experience.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Anne, we're glad to hear that our team was able to provide you with a positive experience, and a product you will enjoy for years to come. Thank you so much for sharing, and thank you for your business!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I liked the idea of a seamless product and had Bath Fitter install the tub surround. The surround's quality is great and I'm loving it. The price was a little high though. Other people have told me about two other companies where they ended up with the same type of product but a lot cheaper. It made me feel like I made a bad decision as far as price. I chalk that up to myself being a consumer. I was sold on the product and I did not really check on others. The secretary, the guy who gave the quote, the one who measured and the one who did the installation were very professional and great. I would recommend Bath Fitter.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Tamara, thank you for sharing your experience. Our team prides itself on delivering an outstanding product that will delight you and you family for years to come. Our premium quality tubs are backed by a limited lifetime warranty so if you ever require further assistance you can always contact Bath Fitter. Thank you again for your business and have a great day!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I had been thinking about getting a Bath Fitter for some time and I just procrastinated and kept putting it off. And then, I called them and I got the bath update for the tub shower enclosure. The sales rep, Shaun, explained everything in detail and the gentleman that came out and took all the measurements explained everything he was doing. The installers were excellent. They worked non-stop, never took a break. The overall quality is good. It’s nice. I should have gotten it done a long time ago. Everybody that I spoke with - Earl, the warehouse manager. Dawn, the lead installer and his helper. The gentleman that came out and took the measurements. And Shaun, the rep - were all great. I would recommend them to anybody that needs a bath update. The work was fantastic. I’d recommend them to anybody.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Richard, thank you for sharing your experience. We're glad to hear our final product was worth the wait! Our team takes great pride in delivering an experience and a product that will delight you and your family for years to come. Thank you again for your business.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

So I just saw the Bath Fitter commercial on tv and how it says that the Bath Fitters are guaranteed for life. But that’s not true, Bath Fitter only guarantees it for the original owner. I bought my house last year in April and the Bath Fitter that is in the bathroom had water underneath it and basically falling apart and Bath Fitters wouldn’t help us or fix it because we aren’t the original owners and I believe they also said something about 6 months of warranty on it or something. That’s pretty unfair and due to this, I wouldn’t use your company for any other bathroom and wouldn’t recommend the company to anyone.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Maribel, we are sorry to hear about this. We'd love the opportunity to discuss this further so we'll get in touch in private to gather more information. Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention. Sincerely, The Bath Fitter team

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

There were a couple of people in our area who had Bath Fitter in their units and they were well satisfied in the quality of work that was done. Somebody from where I work also had Bath Fitter come to their residence and do remodeling. So, we got Bath Fitter for a remodel and we purchased a stand up shower stall. The sales representative was very friendly, professional, and informative. He listened to what we had to say, answered the questions that we had, and was very presentable. Then, the installation took all day. The installer was a young man who was very friendly and to the point as far as doing his job. He did a good job which was what's important and I was completely satisfied. I would recommend Bath Fitter.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

This house was built in the 50s and they had ceramic tile up so high all around the rest of the walls. I liked what Bath Fitter presented so I had it all covered. The sales rep was good and the installation team was excellent. They didn’t have a toilet paper holder at the time, they were out of stock. But they came back and put it in. The overall quality of the work was very good. It was well-worth the money.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Carol, thank you so much for sharing! We're glad to hear our team was able to ensure your satisfaction. Thank you again for your business!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

We liked Bath Fitter's quality so we decided to use them. I purchased the entire shower where they removed the tub and they just put a shower in instead. The sales rep was very polite and very knowledgeable. The installation team was extremely knowledgeable too and very clean. There was hardly any cleanup at all and it looks perfect to me. Part of me wishes I never did it because now I wanna put it in my other house. It spoiled us a bit. It was a wonderful experience and I would definitely recommend them.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Thomas, thank you so much for sharing your amazing experience! We're glad to hear that our team was able to "spoil you" with wonderful installation experience haha. Thank you again for your business!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

The installer Jared arrived on time and explained what he was going to do and told us how long it was going to take. He asked us if we had any questions before he started. He covered the bathroom floor, vanity top and toilet so no damage would occur. He was very organized, professional and the job he did was excellent. He cleaned up so we had nothing to do but enjoy our new bathroom. We are very happy with the Bath Fitter product and the installer Jared.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Valerie, thank you so much for sharing your experience! We really appreciate the call-out and will make sure that Jared receives the recognition he deserves. Thanks again for your business!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I couldn’t get the full tub on the other company so I went with Bath Fitter instead. I got a full tub and wall and fixtures. The sales rep and the installer were fine. But the rep last time was a jerk. I'm 84 and I was 81 then but he gave me his private number that even his girlfriend didn’t have. It was ridiculous so I turned off right away. So far, I haven’t used the tub yet because I haven’t gotten a shower curtain yet. It looks very nice however, it’s very expensive and I don’t know if I would do it again. Nonetheless, I’m happy with the aesthetics and the rep that I dealt with was a very fine man.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Joyce, thank you for sharing your experience. We're glad to hear that your interactions with our team were positive. Our premium quality tubs are backed by a limited lifetime warranty so if you ever require further assistance you can always contact Bath Fitter. Thank you again for your business and have a great day!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

We've used Bath Fitter before and we were happy with the durability of the product that we got from them, so we decided to use them again. Although we got that product numerous years ago, it held up well so the product’s good. Its price was a little high though. This time, we purchased a tub and a surround or enclosure. I like the sales rep that came to our home. He was very cordial, respectful, and not pushy. The installer was easy to get along with and he did a really nice job. He surely knew what he was doing. I would rate very highly the overall quality of the work that was done.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Gregory, thank you so much for sharing your experience! Our team prides itself on delivering an outstanding product that will delight you and your family for years to come. We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your great experience and thank you again for your business.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

After we sat down with Bath Fitter and learned how thorough they were as far as the sheetrock, underlayment, floor, and the grab bars, we thought it was a really good value. Also, they could get it in a day. We purchased a walk-in shower for one bathroom, and a new tub for another. The sales rep was really helpful and very thorough. She was a good advocate for the product. The installers were excellent. Two of them came on one of the bathrooms, and one of the same guys came on the second one. They were courteous, careful, and answered all my questions.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Lynn, we're thrilled to hear our team was able to ensure your satisfaction! We hope that you continue to enjoy your shower and tub for years to come. Thank you so much for sharing your experience.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

I had a very pleasant experience with Bath Fitter's sales team. The sales lady was very informative and she answered all our questions. We were always able to get in contact with her if we had any concerns. We had Bath Fitter put in a walk-in shower and it has excellent quality. Also, the installation was amazing. I went to work that morning when the installers arrived and came home at noon, and they were done. You couldn’t tell that they had been there. There wasn’t a spec of dirt and there wasn’t anything out of place. The old tub had been torn out, a new shower was in, and caulking was all done. They did a fantastic job. People may initially shy away from what they hear for the price. But if they start looking at a contractor doing that work, there’s not gonna be a whole lot of difference in price and there’s gonna be a whole lot more time consumed. The convenience of having Bath Fitter makes it worth any difference in price.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Gary thank you for sharing your wonderful experience. We're glad that our team was able to satisfy all your needs and provide you with a shower you can be proud of. It is a point of pride that we are able to provide our customers quality products in under one day, and we appreciate you mentioning that. Thank you again for your business and have a great day!

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

In 2014 we had a walk in shower installed. A year later the caulk, which did not hold up, began leaking like a sieve. In addition we learned the installer had caulked around the drain therefore allowing the shower water to drain under the bottom of the installed shower instead of draining into the sewer. When we called Bath Fitter of Wilmington with our concerns, instead of trying to address our problem we were told the service call would be $185 plus the price to re-caulk.

We've had the shower re-caulked however it still continues to leak around the caulking. We are most disappointed in Bath Fitters and feel we have a real problem due to faulty workmanship! Bath Fitter did not stand behind their product!

Bath Fitter response

Hi Janice, this does not sound like the experience we strive for and we'd like the opportunity to look into this matter further. We will be passing this information along to your local branch and we will be in contact shortly. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

We thought about redoing our bathroom and when we went to our mall, there was a little home show and it got us going with Bath Fitter. We heard good things about them and we had a good interaction with their sales rep. We purchased two of the corner pieces to put stuff on and I did not realize they were so small and narrow. I told the salesman when he called that we wish they were wider corner pieces so we could get more things in them as we usually have a lot of stuff to put in our bathtub. We also got the handlebar and slate look surround but our suction cups won’t stick for our loofas.

The installation team did a really good job and our interaction went very well. However, the sales rep told us that no mold and rust sticks to the tub and we shouldn’t have much of a ring around the tub but we did. We had a hard time finding a cleaner for acrylic and my husband has to scrub it a little better. I got a bunch off, but there is still some at the bottom of the tub. We had the tub not even two months when we noticed that. Nevertheless, we recommend Bath Fitter.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Deborah, thank you for sharing your experience. We're glad to hear our team was able to ensure your satisfaction. Please feel free to consult the following link for a list of our approved cleaning products and some tips on how to clean your tub: https://www.bathfitter.com/maintenance. Thank you again for your business!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

We decided to replace our bathtub with a walk-in shower. A Bath Fitter representative came to our house and clearly went over all the options available to us. It was an easy and fun process. Once precise measurements were made we were advised of a one month wait for installation... that was fine with us. Three weeks later they were back to install the shower! Two guys showed up and went to work right away. It took them all day but the end result was perfect! All their work is backed by a lifetime warranty which is a huge plus for us! Thanks Bath Fitter of Waterloo, Ontario.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Jon, thank you so much for sharing! We’re thrilled that you had a great experience and that our team at Waterloo, Ontario went above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction. We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your remodel and thank you again for your business!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

We went through our state fair and Bath Fitter had a display there. I've heard about it for years and we looked at it again and thought about it. I did a lot of research and they have a good reputation. They also had a good warranty, and I was tired of regrouting my bathroom. One fellow came at about 9:00 in the morning and by 2:00, everything was wrapped up and ready to go. The day before the plumber and the inspector came in. One guy put the whole installation in (the bath, walls, and hardware) and it was great. I'd definitely recommend Bath Fitter.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Barbara, thank you so much for sharing your great experience! Our team prides itself on delivering an outstanding product in a quick and efficient manner. Thank you again for your business!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

We needed a shower stall installed and Bath Fitter seemed like a good fit. The installers kept all their commitments and the installation took one day. Everything was fine and the product was what we wanted.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Rege, thank you for sharing. We're glad to hear our team was able to ensure your satisfaction. Thank you again for your business!

Bath Fitter Company Information