4.3/5 (228 ratings)

About Bath Fitter

Bath Fitter is an acrylic bathtub, shower enclosure and tub-to-shower conversion company. The company’s bathtub refinishing products are custom molded to fit over existing fixtures for quick and clean bathroom renovations that last a lifetime. The company can complete installations in just one day.

Pros

• Next-day service
  • Demolition-free remodeling
  • Lifetime warranty on installation

Cons

• Regular cleaning required
  • Design consultation needed for quote

Bottom Line

Homes and commercial bathrooms in need of a quick remodel benefit from Bath Fitter’s next-day service and fast installation. Special care is required to maintain the new bathtub or shower, but it provides an affordable upgrade.

Bath Fitter Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

Original review: March 30, 2022

Doug installed the bath in about 3 hours. He ran thru instructions quickly and left the shower curtain for us to install. He forgot and left some "Goof Off" which is a residue cleaner he used. The salesman left some red tinted glasses behind. The job looked good overall except for debris left on the floor in the bathroom, hallway and stairs. We haven't tried the shower/bath yet-it was installed on 3/29/22. We will tomorrow. It looks good and is an improvement.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you so much for your review!!

Original review: March 25, 2022

My wife and I had a tub that had seen much better days! We did research and found that Bath Fitter had reasonable pricing, so we had on the salesman come to the house. We loved the sample and the price. The day came for the install, and we had two of the nicest installers we could have asked for! Greg and Matt were not only courteous for our house and furniture/floors but they were fun! Both had an awesome personalities and my wife and I both enjoyed their humor! When the project was complete we were very pleased with the outcome. Thanks Bath Fitter, Greg and Matt for making our drab bathroom gleam again!

Ron G.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Ron, thank you so much for sharing your experience! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction!

Original review: March 16, 2022

Terrible experience with Bathfitter. After 2 of their staff came to our house to measure, check the plumbing, etc we were given an installation date 6 weeks from their visit. They cancelled the installation & tried to force us to accept a date that wouldn’t work for us. After numerous phone calls & arguments - they came the following week. Installation took over 10 hours - BUT they were missing a part. Returned the next day with the part after 2 more phone calls. We used the shower/tub for 5 days. Found out it was leaking into our basement right under the new tub. Reported it earlier today to customer service. We are STILL waiting for a phone call from Bathfitter regarding a repair of the leak. Would never have used them if I knew that they have inferior installation & terrible customer service. Unacceptable!

Bath Fitter response

Hi Lisa, we are sorry to hear about this experience. We have sent this message to our local office and they will be in contact to assist. Please let us know if you require further assistance.

Original review: March 16, 2022

We hired Bath Fitter to renovate our en suite shower, install happened the end of August 2021. They came out to take measurements for the custom glass on Sept. 1st and told us it would take about 2 weeks for the glass to be cut and shipped... due to 'supply chain issues' the custom glass was finally ready to be installed 4 months later on Jan 24th 2022. The workman was here on site for all of 30 minutes before he told us that "they gave him the wrong kind of metal framework" and that he could not complete the install (after leaving a small pile of aluminum shavings on my porch, a sliver of which I had to remove from my dog's paw).

We expected to hear from Sarah the scheduler shortly after that to reschedule, we still have not received a call from them over 6 weeks later. It's now been more than 6 months since the initial install. When I call the main line, Customer Service can only send me to Sarah's VM (where you get a recording saying "the mailbox is full" and can not leave a message. When I call CS back to tell them that I was not able to leave a message for Sarah they tell me that "they will message her directly via their internal system to have her contact us" which, of course, never happens. I can sympathize with the fact that this poor woman is swamped with work, but that being the case shouldn't they, I dunno, maybe hire another person to help?!? At this point this is an abandoned project and we are currently looking for legal representation. 0/10 experience - would not recommend to my worst enemy.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Stephen, we are sorry to hear about this experience. We understand our team was able to get in contact and scheduled an appointment for April 1. Please let us know if you need anything else.

Original review: March 15, 2022

Anthony was our installer. He was polite and did a great job! He cleaned up after behind him and treated our home with respect. He went over the cleaning list of the dos and don'ts. We appreciated the time he took!

Bath Fitter response

Thank you so much for your review Kellie!

Original review: March 12, 2022

My experience began September, 2021. The salesman (Mike) came out and wrote up the proposal and I signed the agreement with a sizeable deposit. The install was promised for early November. After hearing nothing for 2 months, I contacted Brenda (Install Lady) who scheduled it for February 2022. Naturally unhappy as her excuses were lame and blaming issues on covid. It was re-scheduled again for March 15th, 2022. So I scheduled my vacation time around this install so I could be home for the project. I got a voicemail last week (March 8th) that it is AGAIN delayed.

I have called Miss Brenda several times to demand an explanation but her phone goes to voicemail every single time. The general switchboard operator claims he has emailed her on my behalf with each of my phone calls. I am tired of the unprofessional excuses as Bath Fitter boasts a fabulous reputation which has yet to materialize. All I want is my new Bathroom which was ordered almost 6 months ago. In the meantime I spoke with the original salesman who no longer works for Bath Fitter and, in no uncertain terms, gave me a lot of insight into the inner workings of the company. I hope to have a new Bathroom before the end of the decade, but if Bath Fitter keeps this up then I will demand my money back.

Original review: March 7, 2022

6 months ago Bath Fitter gave me a quote that they told me was good for a year. My husband had just passed away and I was not ready to make a decision. When I called them 6 months later they would not honor the quote but would do the job for thousands more. Wasted time, dishonest and unethical. STAY VERY FAR AWAY.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Marianne, we can appreciate your frustration. Unfortunately, when reevaluating the project and quote you were given, our team determined they were not able to do just a liner installation for your bathroom. Our team has attempted to reach out to discuss this matter in more detail but haven't been able to reach you. Please let us know if you'd like to discuss further.

Original review: March 5, 2022

Often, when we buy a product, especially for our homes, we develop high expectations for the results we are anticipating. However, we are often disappointed that, even when the end result is satisfactory, it is less than what was hoped for. That was not the case regarding our investment in a BathFitter tub and shower renovation we recently experienced. The results were much better than we expected due to the quality of the product and the incredible skill and work ethic of the installer. It began with the purchase when the sales rep helped us select from among several options for plumbing fixtures, walls, and tub color. The sales rep was courteous and patient while we stepped through our options.

Next was the installation. Our installer, Levi **, was incredible. He called us the day before the installation to make sure that we were still on schedule and expecting his arrival in the morning. We confirmed that we were. The next morning, about a half hour before we were expecting him, he called again to confirm the exact time he would arrive: 7:45 AM. At exactly 7:45, there was a knock on the door. It was Levi. He introduced himself, asked if he could see the bathroom he was going to work on before he brought in his tools and supplies. We showed him the bathroom and he confirmed with us what walls he was to remove and where we wanted our new plumbing fixtures located.

After that, he brought in his tools, placing them in the exact order he would need them, to maximize his efficiency of installation. He then turned off the outside water and removed the old walls, carefully taking them outside to place near his van to haul away later. All day long, he worked without stopping, not even to chit-chat and not taking a break for lunch. His work ethic was unparalleled in my years of experience as a residential contractor. He worked fast and efficiently as he grabbed one tool, and another to remove the walls and make the necessary changes to the plumbing, again confirming with me the placement of the water handle and shower head fixtures.

He then brought in the beautiful one-piece wall, made some cuts to modify the wall to fit exactly in the space he had created when he removed the old walls. He then secured the sheets of plumbing wallboard to the studs around the bathtub and shower wall enclosure. Once that was finished, he mounted the one-piece wall that we had selected. It was beautiful! I couldn’t believe it.

Next, he showed his superb problem-solving skills when he discovered that the bathroom was so small that the bathroom cabinets were placed in such a way that he could not use the standard installation procedure to place the new tub shell over the old tub. He gave it some thought and came up with a strategy for overcoming the space problem without doing any damage to the tub shell, new walls, or old bathtub. Once that problem was solved, he applied the adhesive strips to the old tub and fitted the new tub shell over the old tub. It went into place perfectly. Next, he applied the trim and caulked around the trim and where the tub met the floor. I inspected his caulking. It was perfect. It looked like it could only have been done by a machine to end up so good looking.

Lastly, he picked up his tools, cleaned up the work area, taking the scraps out to this truck in big bags that kept the dirt and scraps from messing up our floors. Then he swept the whole work area clean and invited me to inspect the final installation. It was absolutely amazing! I signed the finished inspection paperwork and he was on his way, exactly 10 hours after he started the job in the morning. The tub and shower wall and fixtures looked even better than we were expecting, and the bathroom floor was immaculate. BathFitter, you made a masterful hiring when you hired Mr. ** to be an installer. In short, he was punctual, personable, knowledgeable, efficient, innovative, careful, accurate, critical-thinking, and professional. We are so pleased with our new bathroom.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you so much for your great review John!

Original review: March 1, 2022

My install was scheduled for Thursday February March 24th. The workman got most of the work done that day but did not have two items that were included in the contract. He said he would try to come back on Friday to finish. He did not return or contact me. On Monday the 28th I was notified that the company had charged my credit card for the remainder of the balance owed. I called the company and informed them of the problem. I am writing this review on Tuesday afternoon and have not been contacted with a date to finish the install. The two items missing are a shower head and a shelf. We are pleased with the job done so far but not at all pleased with the scheduling aspect. I am now faced with having to lodge a dispute with my credit card company because of the advance payment!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2022

Stephanie was truly amazing with all her help and assistance with dealing with VA. Anthony our installer blew us out of the water with his quality of work as well as his professionalism. He was extreme neat and respectful to our property and surroundings. It was a please to have him in our home.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Bob and Marcia, thank you so much for sharing your experience! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

James installed our bathroom like a pro. Lovely finish, well done Bath Fitters. Our second bathroom done, super efficient, cost effective, and beautiful. Get that man a raise, he is one of the best contractors we've ever had the pleasure to work with!

Bath Fitter response

Thank you so much for your review Sami!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2022

The shower itself looks great! Pedro was our installer from the Norcross office. The problem is the installation with the door. We noticed water was leaking out from the bottom of the door. We immediately Contacted the branch and notified them By sending videos as well as pictures. I spoke with the rep who informed

Me they would get someone Out to correct the door however, it may be a couple of weeks.

We were advised to use a wash cloth to soak up the water until they can get someone out to come and fix it. I understand that there are other customers waiting for their installation however, us waiting a couple Of weeks could possibly cause us damage such as our flooring coming up, etc. It's also an inconvenience when Bath Fitter has already gotten paid not only for our shower, but also for a tub and shower combination in another bathroom in our house. We would appreciate if someone Can fix your technician's mistake In a timely manner without us naming to wait a couple of weeks. For goodness sake, it’s supposed to be a new install. I would appreciate if a manager can be in touch n with me.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you Evelyn, I will ask the local office to reach out to assist with this issue. Please let me know if you need anything else.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2022

The Bath Fitter experience was very enjoyable. The installer was VERY professional and courteous. I would not hesitate to have another reno done when the opportunity arises. I also had 2 neighbors inquire about my experience and have highly recommended Bath Fitter to do their renos.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Brent, thank you so much for your positive feedback!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2022

The entire process was amazing. From the initial meeting at the office to the sales rep home visit to the installation of the tub enclosure, I was thrilled with the entire staff. First class installation and 100% satisfaction. Thank you Bath Fitter.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Judy, thank you so much for your review! We're glad to hear everything was completed to your satisfaction!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2022

I purchased a bathtub and shower installation for my primary bathroom. When the shower floor started forming hairline cracks as well as the corners of the walls, I was advised that their Lifetime warranty does not apply as it is a Manufacturers defect. Despite them choosing the manufacturer, note on the back of the contract the disclaimer for THEIR lifetime warranty. I tried to resolve this issue in sensible manner, however, Bath Fitter was not interested in their reputation or customer service. I also found it unknowingly afterwards, that the installation was defective as well. So, buyer please beware.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

I truly enjoyed working with all at the Wichita office. Lindsey and Ray for following up and checking on the job. Especially Rodwell the installer. He was professional and did an outstanding job. Great to work with and communicated when appropriate. I highly recommend Rodwell as an installer. Too bad I do not have another bathroom to upgrade.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Carol, thank you so much for your review! We're glad to hear everything was completed to your satisfaction!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2022

Excellent job. Am very pleased with it. Big improvement over what I had. It all looks so clean.. And cleaning is easy. Responsive customer service. I had a small issue with the shower curtain rod, which they quickly came out & fixed.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Nancy, thank you so much for your review! We are so thrilled to hear our team was able to provide you with a great experience!!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2022

Everything went well on install and am happy with it except my bathtub faucet drips water constantly when the handle is in the off position. Hoping someone can come back for a service call to fix as I might want some money back for all the water that’s dripping out. Not very impressed on this. Thanks.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for letting us know. We'll have our local office reach out to assist with this issue.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2022

All the folks at Bath Fitter were great to work with from sales to installers. Jay ** and Mike were right on time and torn out the old tub and shower, installed new walk in shower in one day. My mother in law loves her new bathroom. This group is totally professional and did a great job. I normally do not complete reviews unless the company, product and work is exceptional, which is the case. Also a shout out to Stephanie in sales. Thank all of you.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Tom, thank you so much for your review! We're glad to hear everything was completed to your satisfaction!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2022

We are very happy With Service sales and install. Our sales person was Very knowledgeable about the products and presented them in professional way. There was a lot of extra stuff that was needed to make are tub safe clean And up to par And Bath Fitter took care of it. Thank you.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Thomas, thank you so much for sharing your experience! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2022

I was very happy with my new shower. Just love it so much. Can’t believe I waited so long to have one put in. Love all the details and quality. It is above and beyond wonderful. Best investment ever. Thank you.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Jean, thank you so much for your review! We are glad to hear you are loving your new Bath Fitter bathroom!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2022

Professional from start to finish with no surprises. Price was fair. Installers were great and communicated with us every step of the way. The tub and surround looks so nice. I'm amazed at what a difference it makes. Would definitely recommend.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Donna, thank you so much for your positive feedback!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2022

We had a 1 piece acrylic tub and surround that was probably as old as our house and in very bad shape. We got a quote from a different contractor, and one from Bath Fitter as well as evaluating the cost of DIY (as well as the ability to DIY). Bath Fitter wound up being just a little more than half of the contractor. Bath Fitter is often known more for the tub liners that go over the old, but ours could not be done that way, so it was a new tub with their wall. Their walls are excellent as they are one piece molded with special equipment so that there are no seams in the corners on the walls.

The surround goes from the top of the tub to the ceiling. We also had them install a new ceiling, also of acrylic to prevent mold and mildew. The installation was done actually faster than what they had predicted by probably a couple of hours. We did have to wait the 48 hours after to use it (which is common for any bath install, so the caulk can cure). The finished job is quite attractive and now I will be remodelling the rest of the bathroom as money and time permits, for a much more reasonable cost. I would definitely recommend this to anyone wishing to redo their bathtub and surround. Very good job and very quality work.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Raymond, thank you so much for sharing your experience! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2022

Very nice job except for two small details. The tub faucet is not quite level-tilts down to the right a fraction. Most people would not notice but I'm slightly OCD! Also, great caulking around edges but did not caulk around the top, which I plan to do. Cleanup would have been better with a vacuum instead of broom and dustpan. These things are minor, though because it looks very nice. Installers didn't even complain about having to go into the tight, dusty crawlspace!

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Sandy. We'll share your comments with our local team so they can assist further. Please let us know if you need anything else.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2022

After a couple of return correction calls for minor problems both bathroom showers are working beautifully and taking a shower is now a completely pleasurable experience. Another nice feature is how easy it is to keep them looking like new. Just a quick wipe down with a squeegee and a towel keeps it looking like brand new. Even when in the bathroom for other reasons the showers are a pleasant change to look at compared to the old ones.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Phil, thank you so much for your review! We're glad to hear everything was completed to your satisfaction!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2022

My experience with Bath Fitter was my first. When installer arrived he was alone and I thought okay. We’ll to my surprise, Mr. Jay ** was a one man crew. From start to finish, I was totally amazed how he made things click. I supervise 18 men and I sure would like him on my team. Now, the finished shower conversion is awesome and beautiful. I would recommend bath fitter to any friend or family member. Oh, Mark ** was great also. He made our choices so easy and comfortable feeling. So very helpful!

Bath Fitter response

Hi Dennis, thank you so much for sharing your experience! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2022

I was more than pleased with whole process from salesman’s initial visit to finished product. This Co. was professional & personal. They were on time, worked the whole 8 hours, the job manager & plumber plus helper. They explained the job, were neat “as a pin”, removed old portions of my bath from property & installed a new tub, fixtures & surround perfectly. My updated bathroom looks great, I’m more than thrilled!

Bath Fitter response

Hi Grace, thank you so much for sharing your experience! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2022

We converted our house to a rental and needed to upgrade the shower. Gerald really helped us understand the best options and even helped us get a better installation date. Installer was awesome and did clean, efficient work. The shower looks beautiful and we would definitely recommend Bath Fitter to friends/colleagues. Thanks!

Bath Fitter response

Hi Michael, thank you so much for your review! We're glad to hear everything was completed to your satisfaction!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2022

I am completely satisfied with my Bath Fitter project. Our consultant, Stephanie was friendly and competent helping us to pick our options. Our installer, Anthony, was excellent. He worked alone and was completed in the time estimated. He was very careful in protecting our floors on entry and cleanup was very good. He did a checklist on completion and instructed us on care/upkeep of our new shower. Thank you Bath Fitter.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Gwendolyn, thank you so much for your review! We're glad to hear everything was completed to your satisfaction!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2022

We had them install a glass door on a bathtub in a guest bathroom. Very nice door, much better quality than you would find at Home Depot, Lowe's, or other large box stores. Very professional service. Since this was a small job for them, it did take a while for the install to be done.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Dawn, thank you so much for your positive feedback!

Bath Fitter Company Information