4.34/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Bath Fitter is North America's leading acrylic bathtub, shower enclosure and tub-to-shower conversion company. Our bathtub refinishing products are custom molded to fit over existing fixtures for quick and clean bathroom renovations that last a lifetime. Best of all, we can complete the installation in just one day without compromising quality.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

3948 Bath Fitter Consumer Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: July 5, 2019

I first saw Bath Fitter from an ad on television, and then I talked to an individual that was in the finance association that I belong to that they did work for him. After talking to him, I decided to have somebody come out and talk to us about redoing my mother's bathroom and make it easier for her to get in the shower and hoping it would be best that they didn't have a walk-in bathtub, that we figured with her chair, she'd be okay with the route that we took. And the fact that the corners weren't gonna be caulked and everything was gonna be seamless, we thought it'd be a better way to go.

The salesman had his brochure and he talked to her and went over everything with her also and made suggestions. And everything was very professional with him. He gave us every discount that he could think of giving us and gave us some ideas of his, and then he also took some of our ideas and said, "Yeah, that should work too."

The plumber got there exactly at exactly 7:00 like he said he was gonna be. He started doing the work and he said the other team would be in. I said, "Okay. I've gotta go to up to the restaurant and get a drink," because I gotta let things dry as far as the soldering before he did a lot of stuff in the basement. He said he'd probably be gone by the time I get back 'cause he had to do a little bit of running.

The plumber was gone when I got back, but everything was ready to go. And the installer came for the vinyl with the wrapping to put in the tub. I said, "Where's your helper?" He said, "This is it." He started breaking up the tub and tearing it piece by piece. The plumber said he'd probably be there until 3:00 or 3:30, and he was finished by 1:30. He was very professional and it was a very good job.

My mother is tickled to death. She's 85 years old now and she can't climb up into the tub like she used to be able to, which is a five-inch step. And she said, "I think I'm gonna be in seventh heaven." I even told my wife that if we can afford it, we're gonna look into it for her 'cause she has a form of leukemia and her bones and muscles aren't working real good especially after she gets the chemo shot. As soon as we think we can afford it, I'll be giving Bath Fitter another call.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Tim, thank you for your review!

Original review: July 4, 2019

I had three things done by Bath Fitter. Two in Hoboken, one in DC. Bath Fitter had the molds for this one very unusual bathtub, so I went with it. And it’s made all the difference in the world. My experience with their reps went very well. The ones that I dealt with in Hoboken and in DC were wonderful men and very helpful, too. The installation team was very good as well. I’m 100% pleased. I would use them again. I’ve recommended them to people and I couldn’t be happier.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Merry! We are thrilled to hear our teams were able to provide you with great experiences and complete everything to your satisfaction!!

Original review: July 4, 2019

I liked Bath Fitter's warranty. I bought a tub and shower, and the quality is good. Everything was all good as long as you were purchasing. But after the purchase, they seemed cold. I had a concern and never received an answer. It was about he way the spigot was situated. Instead of straight up, it was to the side. But when I saw the commercial, I noticed that that’s the way it’s supposed to be. I got my answer from the TV commercial. But the installation was perfect. The guy was very nice.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Karen, thank you for your positive feedback. We are glad to hear everything was completed to your satisfaction. If you have any further concerns, please do not hesitate to let us know. Thank you.

Original review: July 3, 2019

We had the shower installed years ago by Bath Fitter and we decided this year to have a glass door put on. They've been excellent when we had the actual shower installed. It was always kind of a spring to the shower floor in our original shower, and normally, they just do it right over top of the existing shower. But when the technician came out and he felt that spring like we did, he recommended taking that out completely and having a whole new one. They also gave us an idea. I have two bars installed and I have a seat. The built-in seat would've taken up a lot of room in the shower. Because the shower was small and I said it looked like the seat was gonna be big, he said they could always put one that they bolt against the wall that we can fold up. It was same price either way. That really opens up the shower and I just put it down when I'm in the shower.

One of the bolts fell out and apparently there was a problem with the hardware. They came right out and repaired it. They were aware of the defect, but it was after the fact. They didn't know it going into it. They've been very easy to work with and they're doing the best job. It might've cost us a little bit extra, but it was worth it in the long run. Bath Fitter quality is excellent. There's a display in the BJ's we go to and they always come up to us. I say, "I already have one. I love it and I recommend it to anybody."

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your positive feedback Sandra! We're glad to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction!!

Original review: July 2, 2019

Every person I dealt with at Bath Fitter Utah was exceptional. I scheduled the consultation with Shelby (sp?) and she was very helpful. Tyson came to our house and spent over two hours talking to us, gave me the answers to all my questions, educated us on the shower install process and was even willing to breakdown the total estimate so I could see how he came up with the final number. I never felt like he was a salesman, but rather a friend. They were about three months out on installation but then were able to move the install up about three weeks. I wish we would have gotten a new shower 10 years ago (I noticed water under the base coming up through the drain about mid April).

I received another estimate (just out of curiosity, I'd already committed to Bath Fitter) from a competitor shortly after meeting with Tyson and they were $3500 more and made promises that weren't feasible on the final product. A few days before the install, Stephanie (sp?) called to verify the appt. and go over the information I needed for when the installer arrived. Nathan got to our house right at 8am on July 1 and was ready to go. He worked nonstop from 8am and was done and gone by 3:30pm. He was so fast but thorough. I checked on the progress regularly to see how it was coming along and never once did he act like I was an inconvenience. He never cut corners, tore out EVERYTHING down to the studs and the final product is amazing. Both my husband and I could not be happier with the process and the gorgeous shower we have now. Thank you Bath Fitter, I will recommend your company again and again.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Ashley, thank you so much for your positive feedback! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to go above and beyond to provide you with a great experience. Thank you for your business!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

Original review: July 2, 2019

We’re very satisfied overall with the services that we received from Bath Fitter from start to finish - with the salesman, the installer and everything afterwards. They came and gave an estimate. They were reasonable and we liked the product. Their salesperson was professional and he did a good job. We had a good experience with Bath Fitter and I would recommend them to a friend.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Suzanne! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction!!

Original review: July 1, 2019

Somebody recommended Bath Fitter to me. In May, I purchased their shower and I am enjoying it very much. The salesman was very good and knowledgeable. The installers were very good too.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you so much for your positive feedback Karen!!

Original review: June 30, 2019

We had a walk in shower installed to replace an old tub shower. The workman showed up on time and began working right away. He even had to repair something that had gone wrong with the drain pipe into the building. He wouldn't have had to do that, but it guaranteed the finished job would be correct. Overall, they did a great job.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review John! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to go above and beyond to provide you with a great experience. Thank you for your business!

Original review: June 29, 2019

WOW! I love my finished tub surround! From my consultant Jerry ** to my installer John ** thank you so much for your professionalism and great work! John was able to install it in half a day and it looks beautiful! He was so professional and efficient! I can't wait to be able to use my second bathroom again. I would recommend Bath Fitter to anyone!

Bath Fitter response

Hi Keisha, thank you so much for your review! We are so thrilled to hear Jerry and John were able to provide you with a great experience! We hope you will continue to enjoy your bathtub for many years to come!!

Original review: June 28, 2019

We were familiar with Bath Fitter from my mother-in-law and saw some of the job that they did with her and so, we were thinking about going with them. We were a little surprised when we had a three-and-a-half-hour meeting when the sales rep came. He was long-winded but he did good. I bought a bathtub and we didn’t have any issue with anything that the installation team did. We had some stuff in the bathroom and some counters that he put in a box, and he kinda left that but he cleaned up everything else. We have an older bathroom and we didn't remodel the whole thing but we were thinking about eventually doing the floor. They said that we could call them up if we had the floor done, and they would reseal around the tub after the floor had been put in. I have used the tub only once but the rest of my family uses it more and I like it better than what we had, because we had a cracked tub that wasn't good.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Charlene! We are so glad to hear you and your family are happy with, and enjoying, you new Bath Fitter tub. Thank you for your business!

Original review: June 27, 2019

We were ready to do something in our bath and Bath Fitter was the first we called. I liked what I saw in the commercials and I read reviews. I had a good feeling about them, so we went with them. We got a new bathtub, surround, the shower head, and the Moen fixtures. We had a great experience with Bath Fitter. Their sales representative was very informative, not pushy, and answered all of our questions. I had a bunch of them. Then once we had the work done, it was very accurate with everything he said. So, we were very comfortable with him and he was very pleasant to work with.

Everything went smoothly as well during the installation. I had to work at the time and my daughter had to be here for it but I kept calling to check up on how things were going. My daughter was there to answer any questions they had. It was on a Wednesday that the master plumber was here and on Thursday, the installer was here. By early Thursday afternoon, it was all installed. Everything was clean after they left and you couldn't tell that anybody was here. Also, I was always the one that had to do the caulking and I was so impressed with whoever did the installation of the tub, the surround, and the caulking. It looks so wonderful.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Nancy, thank you for your positive feedback! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to provide you with a great experience. Thank you for your business!

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: June 26, 2019

During a very difficult financial time (toxic mold destroyed our home - had to go through remediation, getting rid of most of our belongings, renovating the entire house, etc...) we were at the mercy of contractors to quickly renovate our home, including the bathroom. Unfortunately, given our situation we did not have time to shop around and wait on numerous quotes and estimates. Because it was during a busy season as well, most contractors were not able to start for a few months, so we had to piece together different companies and contractors to do smaller jobs.

After talking with the Bath Fitter salesman, we weren't impressed, but needed to move ahead quickly and decided to go with them using the Aqua Source financing. The salesman changed the price numerous times, told us we couldn't use our coupon that we had received in the mail because "that was only valid in a few states" (even though NOTHING was written on the coupon stating that), and told us that was the lowest price he could offer.

It seems after reading multiple reviews from different sites, they absolutely will call back if you don't accept that first number, and offer you a lower price. It also seems based on the other prices I'm seeing for very similar projects, we were overcharged. I feel like this was done by a sleazy salesman who knew we were in a vulnerable financial situation. I'm not seeing other prices that come close to the $6200 we were charged for having a basic shower installed (one shower replaced, faucets, and one shelf for toiletries, removal of one, cheap, old shower insert that was already falling off). After all of this, nobody even came back to caulk/seal the shower like they said they would.

It's unfortunate that the two men who did the actual install, measuring, etc... were nice and did a good job. I do not like the sleazy salesman approach that Bath Fitter use at all though, and will never be using this company again or recommending them to anybody. Although convenient and quicker than most local contractors, it's not worth the extra $3000-4000 we paid. We absolutely feel scammed and like they price gouged based on our unfortunate situation at the time.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Megan, since each project is different, our pricing really depends on the scope of your project and your choices of style and accessories. Customer service is very important to us and we'd like the opportunity to discuss further. Our local team will be in touch shortly to address your concerns. Thank you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 26, 2019

We had water trapped between the old tub and the new Bath Fitter tub. This is the second time this has happened in about 10 years. The first time, I called Bath Fitter and had a service technician come out the same day. He repaired the problem within 1 hour. The problem came back again. I called Bath Fitter again and had to make an appointment with a manager to come out and look at the problem before they would send out a repairman. This appointment took over a week.

When the manager came, he said the repair would take at least 5 hours and would cost approximately $600. He said it was due to a crack in the caulking. The caulking cracked because the bathtub would shift due to the water between the tubs. If there wasn't water between the tubs, the caulking wouldn't have cracked. This exact same situation happened before and I had no problem having a serviceman come out and fix it for free as Bath Fitter is supposed to have a lifetime guarantee. They must have changed their policy and now they do not honor their guarantee. I would not recommend going with Bath Fitter.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Isabell, we are sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your Bath Fitter unit. All Bath Fitter acrylic products are covered by our limited lifetime warranty, however the silicone is not covered. We understand our branch manager has reached out to provide you with options to assist with this matter but has not been able to reach you. If there is anything more we can do to assist, please do not hesitate to reach out. Thank you.

Original review: June 26, 2019

I know the name Bath Fitter because it’s popular, and then I came to find out the people that live underneath me got Bath Fitter and they had it confirmed, that it worked out really well for them. So, I just went with it. They had a shower done. It was like fiberglass, so they had to remove the whole thing. It was just a plain wall and the lowest model we could possibly get.

The sales guy was nice, but it’s just coincidence I ran into another Bath Fitter guy at the bar that I worked at and I could’ve got a better price and didn’t realize that he kinda got me a little bit on the shower doors. So, I didn’t appreciate that very much, but he’s like the son of the owner or something like that. But it’s what it is. He was nice enough though. I would just suggest to negotiate the prices for sure and make sure they’re telling the same prices.

The guy that installed was great. There was no mess left behind. It was wonderful. But as far as the getting it installed, the ball was dropped with Bath Fitter somewhere. And that was only the frustrating part because I took a day off work and they were supposed to give my condo complex five days’ notice for the water shut off. I guess somebody went on vacation and didn’t relay the message so everybody was there and the water wasn’t shut off. So, I had to take another day off work later in the month. But overall it was a good experience. There was just a couple of hiccups, but it’s a huge job, so it’s kind of to be expected.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Lindsey, thank you for your review. We are glad to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction. Thank you for your business!

Original review: June 25, 2019

Bath Fitter did our second bathroom. Their rep came out and he was topnotch. He explained everything to us. There were outstanding things. They can get it done in one day, and it's guaranteed for life, and it's transferable if we sell the house. So far, we're very satisfied. We converted one bathtub to a shower and put handrails in because my husband was having hip surgery. We redid the bathtub in the hall bathroom and put bars in there because my daughter needs bars. And it just works out perfectly. The guy that installed was very good.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Elizabeth, thank you so much for your review! We are so glad to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction. Thank you for your business!

Original review: June 24, 2019

I had to get a few quotes because VA paid for most of my project due to my disability. I chose Bath Fitter because they had better material. They were very professional and very clean. We were really satisfied with the end product. The shower is very nice and very maintenance-free.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you so much for your review Richard! We hope you will continue to enjoy your shower for many more years to come!!

Original review: June 23, 2019

The sales rep was attentive, and responded to emails and questions. The installation team came on time, and they did a good job. They were considerate when we have questions. I'd recommend Bath Fitter.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Michael! We really appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback!!

Original review: June 21, 2019

We had the overlay of the tub from the walls, all the way up to the ceiling done by Bath Fitter. They removed all the tile that was put in back in the 70s, put in a new shower head and some type of valve that controls hot and cold water so when the toilet flushes, it won’t send a rush of cold water to the faucet. The person that did the installation was great. He was in-and-out in a matter of hours. Then the representative came by and went over the general aspect of the contract. We signed it, gave them a certified check for the deposit, and it was done. They did this about a month ago and the timeframe that it took the job was absolutely great. Plus, they said it was a certified lifetime warranty. They kept telling me that I could call them if I'd have issues and they would come back out. And I've had no issues, so far.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Larry, thank you so much for sharing your experience! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to go above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction. Thank you for your business!

Original review: June 18, 2019

""At the risk of having rated all the above as ""Perfect," I am thoroughly sincere and serious. When approaching what could be an upsetting remodeling, this experience with Bath Fitter was user-friendly and unintimidating throughout. High quality product, flawless, professional installation. Very positive beginning to end."" - Kenneth **

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Kenneth! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to provide you with a great experience from start to finish. Thank you for your business!!

Original review: June 18, 2019

We went to the home show in Manitowoc and talked to someone. I liked that the Bath Fitter walk-in shower was a one-piece unit that was gonna be going in. I also liked their warranty afterwards which goes to the next person who buys the house. Also, they were gonna come back and do the work for us if something goes wrong. The sales rep was very nice, knowledgeable and very easy to talk to. He showed us what was going on and what we should expect. I was very happy with him. We purchased the walk-in shower and I was very happy with their time frame. They called us back within a week and then we only had to wait two to three weeks out before they came and installed it. Ralph came to install it and the plumber came in and cleaned everything up and finished the work. Everything was done and we're very happy with them.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Diane, thank you for your review! We are so glad to hear our team was able to provide you with a great experience. Thank you for your business!!

Original review: June 17, 2019

We had every intention of using you all assuming the product would work well with our bathroom at our rental property. Unfortunately you scheduled us twice, cancelled the first time, said we would be your priority for the 2nd appt and didn't even show the 2nd time. We did receive a call 30 minutes later than the appointment asking to reschedule AGAIN... Very disappointing after you were a recommendation from a friend.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Ryan, we're very sorry to hear about this experience as this is not the type of experience we strive to provide. We have forwarded this message to our local branch. Thank you for reaching out and letting us know.

Original review: June 17, 2019

We had our shower installed at the end of April. All went well and the salesperson was great. The person who installed the shower did some damage to the other side of the wall, the screws came through, which damaged the drywall as well as the paint in several places. We reported this problem right away, but no action has been taken despite several calls. They said they would deal with it, but nothing has happened so far. We got this work done with Bath Fitter because we didn’t want to deal with the hassle, but now it has become just that. Very unfortunate. The product is good; just hope nothing goes wrong during the install because the after sales is terrible.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Rene, we're sorry to hear about this issue and we'd like the opportunity to make it right. We will forward this message along to our local branch and they will be in touch shortly. Please do not hesitate to let us know if there is anything more we can do to assist. Thank you.

Original review: June 17, 2019

I left a dissatisfied review several months ago and pretty much forgot about it. A representative left me a voicemail so I returned his call. He stated that he wanted me to be happy and took the time to discuss everything and offered to send someone to my house to fix the problem. The work was fixed quickly and I couldn't be happier. A big thanks to Jim and his employee. Very courteous and professional.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Phyllis, thank you so much for updating your experience! We're glad to hear our team was able to resolve everything to your satisfaction. Thank you for reaching out!

Original review: June 15, 2019

I liked Bath Fitter's product and price point. They did a shower with sliding glass doors and everything was great.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your positive feedback Susie!

Original review: June 14, 2019

Bath Fitter has seamless walls where you didn’t have to have caulking at the corners and it was done usually in one day. I liked that. I checked other ones and there were a lot of other them out there. But all the ones I saw had the three-piece wall units. It looks nice at first but I didn’t wanna have caulking going down the corners. I did a whole tub replacement with Bath Fitter. Everything was excellent. The only thing was when the guy came out to measure for the second time, I left a message for him to call and give me 30 minutes. But he said he was already here and he didn’t mind waiting. I wasn’t there when he did the measurements but my wife was. She said he did an excellent job and was very nice.

The tub/shower was installed in April and that was fine. I put the installers off for two weeks since the flooring that I was putting in wasn't here yet. My experience was good. Everything in the bathroom looks awesome. The whole thing really looks fantastic. The only thing is Bath Fitter doesn't have a whole lot of different selections. It’s just white or off-white. All the other places have all kinds of different stuff. I like the white for this room but I’m not sure if I wanna get white if I do the other bath.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Andrew, thank you for sharing your experience! We are so glad to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction. Thank you for your business!

Original review: June 13, 2019

Had our shower installed 4 months ago. There was a leak under the shower door so we called the Chattanooga office, a repairman came out and was there about ten minutes. He put some caulk on his finger and touched it up. The leak continued so we called again. The original installer came and worked on it for a while and fixed the leak. A month later another leak under the shower door (different place). We called and got another appointment 2 weeks out. That appointment was canceled by the office because they were "covered up".

Another appointment was scheduled for 6/11/19. I had to come off of the road and take a day off of work to be there again. NO ONE showed up! Really? My phone was in my pocket all day, no one called. About 17:30 a guy called and said he was "covered up" and could not make it. He wanted to reschedule again. This is pathetic! I have scrutinized your ads and contract and nowhere does it say "Lifetime Warranty if we are not "covered up" or if we have time to fool with it". Nowhere does it say we only do warranty work if it is convenient to us. You were paid promptly. Deliver the service that I paid for! I am not asking for anything extra.

Bath Fitter response

Hi John, this is not the type of experience we strive to provide and we appreciate you taking the time to bring this to our attention. We have forwarded your message to our local branch and they will be in contact shortly. If there is anything more we can do to assist, please do not hesitate to reach out. Thank you.

Original review: June 13, 2019

We went to a home show in Watertown, South Dakota. Bath Fitter looked like they had a good product. They could do the work in a short period of time and the price seemed to be effective. I had them do the shower with the enclosure. This was in March or April. Their salespeople were thorough. The installers went above and beyond. They couldn't even get home the day they finished the work. We had an extreme blizzard and the interstates were shut down along with all the roads going back to their hometown in Tea, South Dakota. The installers worked under duress and they did an awesome job. The product looks to be very durable and long-lasting.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you so much for your review Jack! We are so glad to hear our installers were able to go above and beyond to provide you with a great experience. Thank you for your business!!

Original review: June 12, 2019

I’ve hired their Northbrook IL branch to replace my bathtub sliding door and bath fixtures. This was February 2019. I made a deposit of $1000 for a $5000 project that I hope to be done when my husband with dementia was staying at my condo. My intent to remodel the bathroom is for his safety. I live in Chicago and our owners association is requiring their plumber to get a permit. They claimed it takes forever to get the city permit. I have guests in June 28-30. I called their office every week to follow up, unfortunately there is no progress. I’m so frustrated and would like to demand a refund or to expedite the order. Can anyone help me with this problem? My patience is running out. I’m so dissatisfied with this delay. They should have known about this permit problem long before selling me their product. Antonette

Bath Fitter response

Hi Antonette, we are sorry to hear about this issue. Our branch is working to obtain the permits from the City of Chicago, however the process can be very difficult and lengthy. Rest assured, we will reach out as soon as the permits become available. If there is anything more we can do to assist in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out. Thank you.

Original review: June 12, 2019

We were at a home showdown at the Hy-Vee Hall and we figured we’d see how much it costs to get our bathroom redone ‘cause we had a burgundy tub with yellow surrounding walls. It was the original from 1950 and it was pretty hideous. So we figured we’d give Bath Fitter a shot. The customer service has been great. The older rep was a funny and nice guy and he reminded me of an old grandpa that likes to talk and have a good time. There were two installers who came out. One was in training and the other one did the install. They were really nice and professional. They got it clean and cleaned up their mess. They always said, "Yes, sir" and "No, sir" when I asked some questions.

They installed the bathtub and the walls and it took a day and two hours to complete. They put a four-corner shelf in and they also raised my showerhead six inches for me so that way, I no longer have to bend over to wash my hair. Also, I had a window in my bathroom that they didn't measure out the first time. The guy went back and recut the walls. He did it just the way he wanted it done and it looked amazing. All in all, Bath Fitter did excellently.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Micheal, thank you for your review! We are so glad to hear our Bath Fitter team was able to provide you with such a great experience. Thank you for your business!

Original review: June 11, 2019

My tub needed to be upgraded and Bath Fitter had some good promotions at the time that we checked into it. We got a walk-in shower from them and they also put in the shower doors. They did an awesome job. The installer was very nice and respectful. Also, the sales rep was very helpful when I was having a difficult time trying to get the inspectors out here. I missed the inspectors one day and they wouldn't talk to me. I left a voicemail with the Bath Fitter rep and he got right on it. Within 10 minutes, the inspectors were calling me back, rescheduling the inspection. All in all, the Bath Fitter walk-in shower is of very good quality and we're very pleased with it so far. I would recommend them.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Tammy! We are so glad to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction. Thank you for your business!

Bath Fitter Company Information