2. Homeowners
  3. Bathroom Remodeling

4.2/5 (122 ratings)

About Bath Fitter

Bath Fitter is an acrylic bathtub, shower enclosure and tub-to-shower conversion company. The company’s bathtub refinishing products are custom molded to fit over existing fixtures for quick and clean bathroom renovations that last a lifetime. The company can complete installations in just one day.

Pros

• Next-day service
    • Demolition-free remodeling
    • Lifetime warranty on installation

Cons

• Regular cleaning required
    • Design consultation needed for quote

Bottom Line

Homes and commercial bathrooms in need of a quick remodel benefit from Bath Fitter’s next-day service and fast installation. Special care is required to maintain the new bathtub or shower, but it provides an affordable upgrade.

Bath Fitter Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

I have just had the best experience with Jim the installer who arrived 15 minutes early and didn't stop till he was done 7 hours later. He started on removing the loose tiles and then removing the cast iron tub. The plumber, Lou, came and installed new plumbing. The center drain was situated right over an old beam but he was able to notch it out and install the drain. Once he was done Jim proceeded to put plywood where the tile had been and shore up where the base goes. Once it was all up Jim had me check where I wanted the grab bar, shelf and towel rack, and hand held shower. Also the curtain rod. Because I got a little smaller shower than the tub was I had a space on the floor and he cut a scrap to fill in the gap and is now ready for a piece of flooring to match the rest. This part of the house is over 200 years old and not easy to work with. They did an amazing job. Thank you so much.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

We expressed that the hot water wasn't coming out strongly. So Bath Fitter kept telling us that's how the water should come out because it's a low flow fixture. But we disagreed with their comment. My husband who's a plumber tried telling them something had to be in the fixture or pipe. But they told him he was wrong, they said the water on the hot side should come out that slowly.

My husband had them take out the stem of the new fixture and he saw pieces of grout from our walls that they broke up come out of the fixture. That was when my husband said pieces of grout had to be in the pipe and is between the pipe and fixture therefore obstructing the flow of water on the hot side. We asked them to fix issue but they were unprofessional. We got tired of fusing with them, so my husband fixed the issue by cutting the pipe, draining it and blowing air pressure through to remove the grout in the pipe. Management handled us very unprofessionally. We spent thousands of dollar to not be happy and for my husband to have to do plumbing work for something he already paid for.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Andrea, we are sorry to hear about this experience. We appreciate your feedback and will look into this matter further. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

The sales representative came to our house. We picked out the product we wanted. He was knowledgeable, helpful, and very kind. My husband and I know a professional workman who builds and renovates homes who was going to help remove the garden tub and put in the plumbing lines to prepare for the Bath Fitter installer. The sales rep took all the measurements and assured us of all the things that were important. We liked the fact that there is no grout, the product is mold free, there is a lifetime warranty, and also very important to us we wanted the shower walls to meet the ceiling. We signed the agreement and made our down payment in May and had a scheduled date for July 14. My husband and I do not mind waiting, it's a sign a company is busy.

Everything was ready to go, tub out and down to the concrete with plumbing in place. We decided to have a double shower head, why not?! The sales rep was ALWAYS so helpful when we texted and communicated. On July 14 the installer came and said the drain is opposite of what was recorded. Yes, this is correct. The tub drain was on the right but when it was all ripped out the drain was actually on the left. The pipe wrapped around the tub underneath. This wasn't something we knew would be an issue. It would be good when doing a project like this to have an installer pop out just to check or the sales rep to come back to verify, maybe they could have requested that we text pictures. Nonetheless that was no big deal. We don't mind waiting and getting the job done right.

We understand that we had a different project compared to someone just placing the product over their existing tub. When the installer (different than the first one on July 14) came back on July 30 he said the wall will not go to the ceiling. My heart sank! I really could have just cancelled the whole job. He said he was sent with a flat shower base. That was Greek to me. We never discussed shower base choices. Apparently there are two bases, flat base and a base with a six inch ridge. I said it was not acceptable that the shower walls come short of the ceiling when that was definitely discussed and confirmed with the sales rep. The installer got his boss on the phone. She then called me and said the sales rep did not order a wall to go to the ceiling. I was in shock and very disheartened.

I want you to know that the man who tore out the tub and did the plumbing asked me why he was not putting in a shower for me, I told him I was getting Bath Fitter because it has a lifetime warranty. He could have given me a wall up to the ceiling or anything else I wanted. My husband and I were very excited about the acrylic sleek look that we were getting from Bath Fitter with no mold, no grout! Now, the wall was a BIG issue. So the installer was SO kind and trying to work it out. He talked to his boss about getting the shower base with the six inch rim. She talked to me and said the shower base will come in around Nov 1. Again, that was fine. We don't mind waiting! With COVID things are backed up everywhere.

We don't mind waiting if it is going to be what we want. Lo and behold that day they found the proper base and another installer brought it over. Our installer said this will allow the wall to reach the ceiling. Well, it did not. SO sad, again I really just wanted to rip out the work that was done and cancel. Again, the installer was so kind but all the kindness in the world was not allowing our $5,600 shower walls meet the ceiling. We wanted the sleek look of the Genova finish all the way to the ceiling. Well, I felt there was no choice but to allow the installer to make a trim finish. It looks very professional but not at ALL what we wanted. You would look at the shower and say, "amazing!" "beautiful!" and have no idea that in my heart I'm disappointed.

When you are working with the sales rep be sure to help take measurements. We had no idea how the product actually worked. We did not know the walls are rolled out in a sheet and come in specific sizes. We should have had the larger roll ordered for our job. Or if there is no sheet big enough that needs to be known. If a customer believes the wall is going to the ceiling that is what should be done. If we hired our workman and he did not go to the ceiling with the tile we would say do it right or we don't pay.

Another issue we had is the shower base rim was scuffed up. We noticed this after the 24 hour wait to let everything dry. The Bath Fitter repair man came out the next day and buffed it up beautifully but there are a few scratches that will not buff out. They are very slight and cannot be seen only felt when you get down and brush your fingers over the finish.

Here is our advice:

Yes! Go with Bath Fitter. Our shower is beautiful.
    Take VERY precise measurements.
    KNOW the product and how it will all fit together.
    Inspect the product before it is installed.

This is a very reputable company.

Bath Fitter response

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with Bath Fitter. We are glad to hear that you are happy with the final product and should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to reach out. Thank you and have a great day!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2020

I cannot say enough about Zack the installer for Bath Fitter. He was by far outstanding and very professional. My wife and I truly love the finished installation. The problem I had with Bath Fitter was the lack of communication on their part. My installer started the job and the next day was off due to an injury which no one advised me of after making several calls to the main office. Finally after 3 days I contacted the salesman that came to our home Jim who also is outstanding. I explained to him that after waiting 3 months for the installation to start and finally got started with bathroom being stripped down for installation but no one has returned after day one, and that I had called three times and left messages as to what was going on that finally he was able to have someone contact me on the 4th day to inform me of what happened. I told them that it would have been nice if someone would have contacted myself or my wife as to the delay.

So with all that the final installation looks fantastic thanks to one of the hardest working young men I know. (Zack) Bath Fitter should award this young man because he was a perfectionist in his completed work. I then thanked Zack and explained to him because of the three month waiting for installation and the problems that happened after day one that I was going to wait 30 days to make sure there were no problems with the installation. I have done this because if there is Bath Fitter would address the issue or issues if any in a responsible time frame due to me still owing a considerable balance. Once the 30 days are up I will go to the Bath Fitter's location in Evansville and make my final payment. Other than that your installers are the best and the products look exceptional. Thank you so much and sorry for the final payment delay. Sincerely Steven **

Bath Fitter response

Thank you so much for your great review Steven! We are so thrilled to hear Zack was able to go above and beyond to complete everything to your satisfaction. Thank you for your business!!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2020

This is not the first time I have worked with Bath Fitter. I had 2 installations in Florida. My first call to the Lenexa office was met with a friendly and energetic voice. The return call to set the appointment happened within an hour. The sales person who came to the house was on time and was very nice, informative and very helpful. (sorry, I don't remember his name) I received the call after the visit by the salesman with the appointment date and time for the installation. I was sent follow-up emails and phone calls about the upcoming appointment.

The day of the appointment Josh called to give me the time he would arrive. He arrived and there was an issue with finding the correct shut off for the water. Josh was very patient and after the previous owner stopped by and showed us the correct shut offs for the bathroom Josh began his work. I can't say enough about Josh. He was very friendly, experienced, and flexible. He was a joy to have at our house and worked very hard to complete the job. He continued to work into the evening to finish the job. There was one issue with equipment that will be fixed the next day. The issue was with faulty equipment and not Josh. I thank Bath Fitter for their professionalism, products and willingness to make sure that the customer is fully satisfied. A special thanks to Josh!

Bath Fitter response

Thank you so much for sharing your great experience Fredrick! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction. Thank you for your business again!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

I had BathFitter replace my shower several years ago. Bathfitter provided a lifetime warranty on their products to me when I signed the agreement. A crack has recently developed in the floor. Bathfitter has been avoiding dealing with my problem for several months and have now refused to return my calls. They are unreliable. Their warranty is FALSE. Their materials are thin and unable to stand the test of time. They are high priced, but their product is flimsy, at best. I feel robbed.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Tom, we apologize for the delays. Our team was waiting on material to arrive. We have now received the material and will be scheduling the repair for Tuesday, August 17, 2021.

Original review: July 30, 2021

I just want to say that I had both bathrooms redone by Bath Fitter out of Arlington Tx and the service and work was perfect 2 years ago. I had to have some of the caulking redone after 2 years from normal cleaning wear and tear and called and they came right away and was very simple and no cost like they said. The service tech Romero ** was spot on, very pleasant and professional. I will recommend to all family and friends and Jeff will treat you right. Lance!

Bath Fitter response

Thank you so much for your review Lance! We are thrilled to hear everything was completed to your satisfaction!

Original review: July 15, 2021

Great company! Tim ** was so helpful with finding the perfect bathtub/shower combo for us, and he responded quickly to all our questions/concerns. Jay came out to replace our old tub, and he was super friendly, whistled and sang as he worked, and did a BEAUTIFUL job. We are so happy with how everything turned out! Would highly recommend them!

Bath Fitter response

Thank you so much for your review Tatiyana! We are so glad Jay was able to complete everything to your satisfaction!

Original review: July 12, 2021

Had tub replaced with new tub and wall. Austin ** was great. Very professional. Excellent job. Very pleased. Would recommend this service. Arrived on time, went to work right away, answered any questions we had, cleaned up job when finished. Totally satisfied.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you so much for your review Frederick! We are glad to hear Austin was able to provide you with a great experience!

Original review: June 17, 2021

Ordered for two bathrooms remodeling and scheduled installation and nobody showed up. Not even a phone call. Finally they rescheduled and done one bathroom. For second bathroom they left it incomplete due to no shower door available. Most unprofessional and I don’t recommend to anybody. Stan

Bath Fitter response

Hi Bangla, we're sorry to hear about this issue. We understand our team scheduled an appointment last Friday, June 18th, to install the doors. Please let us know if you require any further assistance.

Original review: June 3, 2021

Adam showed up at 7:10 am to install a new step in shower. He proceeded to lay out rubber mats through the house to keep any debris from being tacked through the house. Removed old tub/shower proceeded to put plywood backing up on wall so grab bars would have a strong anchor to attach to. Cleaned up all remaining dust and dirt started installation of new shower/glass doors and new plumbing fixtures as well. He finished up the installation before 2 o'clock pm and had all cleaned up. Recommend him very highly.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Jim, thank you so much for your review! We are so glad to hear Adam was able to complete everything to your satisfaction!

Original review: May 28, 2021

Best contractor experience ever. James from Bath Fitter showed up on time and was very professional, Organized, polite and was very respectful entering our home. Followed all Covid-19 protocols. Cleaned up everything before he left each day. Ran into a small issue with the previous plumbing. James was able to get the issue rectified quickly and was able to complete his job. Could not be happier with the end results. Gonna be hard to wait 24 hours before I can take a bath in the new tub. Love it. Would recommend Bath Fitter in a heartbeat. GREAT JOB!!!

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Christopher! We are so glad to hear James was able to provide you with a great experience. Thank you for your business!

Original review: May 25, 2021

The installer, Eric, was great. He worked all day -- 12 hours -- to make sure we had a wonderful new walk-in shower. We are very happy with our new Bath Fitter shower. Everything is clean and fresh. Thank you for all the hard work and the great clean up.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Peggy! We are glad to hear Eric was able to provide you with a great experience!!

Original review: May 24, 2021

I signed a contract with Bath Fitter Feb. 23 with the installation May 4. The installation was done so poorly they had to redo everything rescheduled for May 22. The installer had to cancel due to an emergency. They are telling me now that they cannot come back for another 2 weeks June 5 making that 1 month! The worst customer service—the mgr. won’t returns phone calls either and I’m paid in full!

Original review: May 18, 2021

Bathfitter sat on my deposit $ for over 2 months, with no contact regarding scheduling. I had to call several times before I was even in the schedule to Order Materials!!!! I do not live at the condo where Bathfitter is doing the job. I live over an hour away. So I need notice of when to be here. Installation happened approx 10 weeks after deposit was given. Installation or materials are faulty because water wells up in tub instead of all draining out. I got in the schedule to have that fixed, but new installs take precedence over my repair. Bathfitter asked me to be here at 8 am today. No one came. I phoned around 11 am to be told my job wasn't as important as a new installation they were working on. Why didn't they let me know new timing? Now I'm told someone will be here around 3. I've already waited 7 hours!!! Just horrible customer service. I think they need to add to their checklist to be sure tub drains before calling the job complete.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Shirley, we are sorry to hear about this matter as it is not the type of experience we strive to provide. We understand our team has been in contact and scheduled a service appointment for June 11th to resolve all issues. Please let us know if you require further assistance. Thank you.

Bath Fitter Company Information