2. Homeowners
  3. Bathroom Remodeling

4.4/5 (233 ratings)

About Bath Fitter

Bath Fitter is an acrylic bathtub, shower enclosure and tub-to-shower conversion company. The company’s bathtub refinishing products are custom molded to fit over existing fixtures for quick and clean bathroom renovations that last a lifetime. The company can complete installations in just one day.

Pros

• Next-day service
  • Demolition-free remodeling
  • Lifetime warranty on installation

Cons

• Regular cleaning required
  • Design consultation needed for quote

Bottom Line

Homes and commercial bathrooms in need of a quick remodel benefit from Bath Fitter’s next-day service and fast installation. Special care is required to maintain the new bathtub or shower, but it provides an affordable upgrade.

Bath Fitter Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

We are delighted with the results. High quality of workmanship and product. The installer was professional and friendly - a delight to have in our home for the day. Arrived and left exactly when he said he would. Would happily recommend to others.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Vicky, thank you so much for your positive feedback!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

The workers arrived on time, kept the mess in the bathroom, were very friendly and answered our questions and completed the job within 8 hours. The shower is admired by our family and friends. Some even took a shower to give it a test run.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Michael, thank you so much for your positive feedback!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

3-person crew installs shower and new plumbing. Workmanship very good. Enjoying new shower. Wish I had chosen upgrade in shower head. Will at later date. Not one crew member wore a face mask. Not pleased with this lack of consideration. COVID-19 AND DELTA ARE NOT JOKES. Please have your personnel be responsible vis a vis this virus no matter their personal thoughts on the matter. Thank you.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Sally, thank you so much for sharing your experience! We take your concerns very seriously. We will share your comments regarding mask wearing to with our local branch. We appreciate you letting us know.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

This was a great experience! Terry did an amazing job coming to the house and explaining the options for our bathroom. We reviewed the samples, and made a selection. Our products were ordered, came in much sooner than expected, and were installed quickly and professionally. I highly recommend Bath Fitter.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Abigail, thank you so much for your review! We are so thrilled to hear our team was able to provide you with a great experience!!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

To say I am extremely happy with my new shower is an understatement. Because I am 73 year old with some mobility issues, I had to have my husband help me for the last 10 years get in and out of our very deep and high bath. We decided to look into Bath Fitter to turn it into a shower. Since, the company had done our other bathroom, we were somewhat confident it would be okay.

Th sales person was very friendly, professional, and informative. We decide, right then and there to hire Bath Fitter for the job. The installer was equally friendly, courteous, punctual, and efficient. The SECURITY I have now to shower without having to depend on another person cannot be accurately measured. I am happy and relaxed. THANK YOU BATH FITTER FOR GIVING ME BACK MY FREEDOM!

Bath Fitter response

Hi Rosa, thank you so much for your review! We are glad to hear you are loving your new Bath Fitter bathroom!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

I was hesitant to use Bath Fitter initially because I wanted my old tub removed. But they removed it and the old mess of a wall. Fixed the wall and floor and the next day installed a beautiful new tub, walls, ceiling and fixtures. They were incredible to deal with. Made sure I was satisfied 1000%.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Susan, thank you so much for your review! We are glad to hear you are loving your new Bath Fitter bathroom!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

Wonderful experience. Right from the sales person showing us our options to the job completed. My husband has Parkinson’s and having the lower entry makes it so much easier and safer for him to shower. Your installer arrived at 8 in the morning and by 3 o’clock we had a new shower. It is so easy keep clean, would recommend this to anyone.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Marnie, thank you so much for sharing your experience! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

We are very pleased with the service, timeline, communication and very happy with the job and end product. There is one issue though. There seems to be some type of glue or substance left on the glass doors that we cannot get off.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Cindy, thank you so much for your positive feedback! Please give us a call at 905-388-1466 so we can assist with the glass door issue. Thanks!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

We're so happy to have our new shower in our guest bathroom! No photos to share yet as our new vanity isn't installed yet so it's quite messy in there... been used many times and so clean and easy use! The Savona (subway tile pattern) looks classic and perfect for our Victorian home. Install was clean, quick and on time!

Bath Fitter response

Hi Liz, thank you so much for your review! We are glad to hear you are loving your new Bath Fitter bathroom!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

Bath Fitters was like a breath of fresh air to work with. Throughout the entire process, they could not have been any more accommodating. This includes everyone involved. They were all polite, answered any and all questions and left nothing undone. You could not ask for any more than that. Thank you.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Sharon, thank you so much for your review! We are so thrilled to hear our team was able to provide you with a great experience!!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

The person who installed it was here when he was supposed to be and did an excellent job and cleaned up after he was through. Was very friendly and professional. Would highly recommend Bath Fitters to all my friends. We were very satisfied with the job.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Elaine, thank you so much for sharing your experience! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

Our 3 jobs (2 tub replacements and 1 shower replacement) were all completed as promised - in 8 hours from start to clean-up. This was July 21, 2021. Now that we've had exactly 2 months with our new bathroom enhancements and have had a chance to use them, and keep them sparkling clean, we can honestly say we love them! Have already recommended Bath Fitter to others and would use them again.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Leigh Ann, thank you so much for your review! We are so thrilled to hear our team was able to provide you with a great experience!!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

They did a very good job. Yes I would recommend them for people I know. He was very good at what he did. He cleaned it up nicely. The shower hoses could have been longer. The color is nice. Thank-you very much.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Saundra, thank you so much for your positive feedback!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

From Tamara our sales consultant to our installer and Julian who came to look at one small issue we had, all was top notch and 5 stars. Tamara took time to go over everything, she knew her product. It was not like the people who come and open a book and read all the information to you, she knows it through and through and that is a blessing. I had several companies give me a bid for this job and all the rest read me straight from the manual and that was not impressive. I want people who know the product and not have to flip through a book to answer a question. Install was done as promised 2 days and they were careful to be very clean. All I can say is I LOVE IT and I wish I would have done it years ago. I would recommend this to everyone.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Suzanne, thank you so much for your review! We're glad to hear everything was completed to your satisfaction!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

Came when they said, easy to schedule, excellent workmanship. Not inexpensive (but much more reasonable than the competition). Very pleased with the results. They was easy to work with all the way around. A professional operation.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Mike, thank you so much for your positive feedback!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

Could not have been happier with our experience. Sales person was knowledgeable, installer was outstanding. Everyone showed up when they said they were going to and did what they were supposed to do. The work was completed on time, and we have zero complaints about the functionality or finish of the work. I would highly recommend Bath Fitter’s to anyone looking to solve a bathroom remodeling challenge.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Hiram, thank you so much for sharing your experience! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

My installation could not have gone smoother. The techs are courteous & professional. When I had questions, they answered without looking at me like I was an idiot. They cleaned as they went & made it look easy. My wife & I are really enjoying having a walk-in shower, rather than having to step over a tub rail.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Bill, thank you so much for your review! We are glad to hear you are loving your new Bath Fitter shower!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

Very please with the outcome of the tub and shower surround. Would recommend your service to any one of my family or friends. The guys that installed were very kind and professional. The job was finished in the time frame it provided.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Holly, thank you so much for your review! We're glad to hear everything was completed to your satisfaction!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

From Start to finish Bath Fitter was great! From the sale and designing what we wanted to the very professional installer that did a fabulous job with the demo and rebuild of our tub and shower!!!! Great work everyone!!! Highly Recommend Bath fitter for any of your shower or tub needs.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Gary, thank you so much for sharing your experience! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

Phoned on Sept. 20 to report an issue that required a work order and workman to fix, called back on 23 and the person I spoke with, knew nothing about it. Communication is key, which tells me there was not a notation made on my Bath Fitter file.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Linda, we appreciate your feedback. We understand our team was able to resolve the issue on 9/23. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there is anything else we can do to assist.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

We were very excited to hire Bath Fitter to replace our old bathtub, they seemed super nice and helpful. About a month or two before our expected installation date, my partner started having health problems and we were racked with medical bills and unfortunately could no longer afford the remodel. We were completely fine with them keeping our deposit money but the person we spoke to on the phone said that we would still owe over $2000 for canceling the installation, I explained how sorry we were and how we just could not afford it, especially with how much we were looking forward to the work being done, we were just devastated by the recent health issues.

The man we spoke to was super rude about it, basically said that we owe them the money and if we did not pay it, he would send it over to their legal team and there was "no use trying to get out of it with a lawyer either" since we signed on with them. It felt so inhumane to be treated this way, there was no sympathy at all. Overall I would absolutely never recommend them to anyone, terrible customer service, 0/5 stars. :(

Bath Fitter response

Hi Aubrey, we are glad to hear you were able to achieve a resolution with our local team. We appreciate you taking the time to reach out. Have a wonderful day :)

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairsRated with 1 star
Resolution response: Nov. 9, 2021

Although I have chosen not to pursue doing business with Bath Fitter, I am pleased that they have reached out to apologize, and have accepted their apology. From this point on, there is no negative feelings toward the company from me.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

Representative arrived to discuss possibilities. We discussed having a tub liner and I was told it could not be installed because of the existing tub surround being an issue for installation. I was told the install could be done as a package with the tub surround, however, I was not interested in a complete package from them. I was interested in the tub liner only. When learning this...the representative quickly exited without discussing a tub liner only. I would have put my own tub surround in afterwards. Total consultation was approximately 5 minutes. I'm very disappointed.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Dale, we understand our team has been in contact and was able to address this matter with you. Please let us know if there is anything else.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

I have just had the best experience with Jim the installer who arrived 15 minutes early and didn't stop till he was done 7 hours later. He started on removing the loose tiles and then removing the cast iron tub. The plumber, Lou, came and installed new plumbing. The center drain was situated right over an old beam but he was able to notch it out and install the drain. Once he was done Jim proceeded to put plywood where the tile had been and shore up where the base goes. Once it was all up Jim had me check where I wanted the grab bar, shelf and towel rack, and hand held shower. Also the curtain rod. Because I got a little smaller shower than the tub was I had a space on the floor and he cut a scrap to fill in the gap and is now ready for a piece of flooring to match the rest. This part of the house is over 200 years old and not easy to work with. They did an amazing job. Thank you so much.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Jane, thank you so much for your review! We are so thrilled to hear Jim was able to provide you with a great experience!!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

I had my bath fit less than a year ago and already this is the third time I'm having to contact them as water keeps getting underneath the bath fit template. This makes no sense at all. I thought with the good reviews that I read that I could trust this company with the new home that I bought that just needed a simple bath fit installation, now I honestly wish I had just bought a new tub. Due to the amount of water sitting underneath the template, I had a month of dealing with drain flies and I'm hoping that I don't have that issue again. I'm demanding that they reinstall a new bath fit this time instead of continually trying to "fix" the problem which has never been fix. I don't recommend this company to anyone. A lifetime guarantee is fine but I don't want to have to deal with this company my whole lifetime. I never even thought I'd have to use it. Especially considering I HAVE NOT EVEN HAD THIS A FULL YEAR.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

Brock **, Knoxville, spent the day with us removing a very old tub and shower and installing a new walk in shower. He arrived on time, was very professional, and never stopped working during the entire project. Brock is a fantastic representative for Bath Fitters of Knoxville.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you so much for your review Karen! We are glad to hear Brock was able to provide you with a wonderful experience!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

John, the installer from the Ft. Myers office worked constantly to complete the job in 1 day. He had run into some problems, but took care of each one. He had to remove the old bath/shower combo and install a walk-in shower. Could not have asked for better service and work.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience Barbara!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

We signed the contract in September 2020. As of today, August 2021, I do not have a shower door. The first time I got a short door that did not fit right. According to the company the door was ordered four more times. One time the door order was wrong, the next order was never arrived, the one after that had a door with the wrong dimensions, and the last order had a damage on the door. Along with that, the design on the unit has a defect, the personal showerhead was damaged during installation, the glass on the half wall - L shape shower- has a missing seal, and the frame around the missing door is scratched. This work should have been completed 12 weeks from the contract sign off data. I wish I could have no star selection on the rating. I paid for work that will never be completed.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Ariande, we are sorry to hear about this experience. We understand our team came out to install a new door on 9/15 and our team is working to ensure everything is completed to your satisfaction. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you require further assistance. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

We expressed that the hot water wasn't coming out strongly. So Bath Fitter kept telling us that's how the water should come out because it's a low flow fixture. But we disagreed with their comment. My husband who's a plumber tried telling them something had to be in the fixture or pipe. But they told him he was wrong, they said the water on the hot side should come out that slowly.

My husband had them take out the stem of the new fixture and he saw pieces of grout from our walls that they broke up come out of the fixture. That was when my husband said pieces of grout had to be in the pipe and is between the pipe and fixture therefore obstructing the flow of water on the hot side. We asked them to fix issue but they were unprofessional. We got tired of fusing with them, so my husband fixed the issue by cutting the pipe, draining it and blowing air pressure through to remove the grout in the pipe. Management handled us very unprofessionally. We spent thousands of dollar to not be happy and for my husband to have to do plumbing work for something he already paid for.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Andrea, we are sorry to hear about this experience. We appreciate your feedback and will look into this matter further. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

A sales rep came out, per my request, to give a quote on a 36x36 shower stall. We picked the most inexpensive wall, 5 shelf corner shelving, and grab bar. We're using a shower curtain so no door was required. We're using our current showerhead so no new showerhead was needed. Final quote was $7200 range. The salesman tried to push a discount to $6500 if we signed a contract that day. Pushy sales pitch, ridiculous price for their bare minimum, and no firm install date. I said thanks but no thanks.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Lois, we appreciate your feedback regarding your experience with Bath Fitter. We wish you the best of luck with your future remodeling project.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2021

8-20-21 I had my shower tub upgrade from to full floor. The installer was excellent, for professional, very knowledgeable, friendly, exceptional. He informal me with everything he was to do and was doing step by step. I would recommend Bath Fitter anyone I can.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your great review Levi!

Bath Fitter Company Information