Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.38/5

Bath Fitter is an acrylic bathtub, shower enclosure and tub-to-shower conversion company. The company’s bathtub refinishing products are custom molded to fit over existing fixtures for quick and clean bathroom renovations that last a lifetime. The company can complete installations in just one day.

View More View More

Bath Fitter Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: March 3, 2020

This is so awful...because the wrap around left a wide gap between the tub and shower wall, water is getting in behind my tub and onto the floor & possibly destroying the wood & drywall behind the Bathfitter. The caulk they put on where the wall & tub meet actually just fell into the gap. This is the ONLY shower/tub we use in the house and 5 people need to shower daily. So I immediately applied more caulking in an effort to prevent further water intrusion. I called Bathfitter on February 25th and they cannot send someone out until March 17th. That's fine, I have no problem waiting BUT they told me because more caulk was added in this emergency situation, I RUINED THE LIFETIME WARRANTY. How in the world can applying caulk I purchased at Home Depot ruin the warranty? It's leaking because of poor workmanship, nothing to do with me nor the caulk.

Here is their exact response, "by having your handyman filling the gap between the tub and wall you may have voided your warranty". It wasn't actually a handyman it was little old me. I am now terrified they won't even send someone out & by forcing me to wait until the 17th which is TWO weeks away, there will be so much more water damage done. I have also asked to see a copy of my "lifetime" warranty that shows I voided the warranty by applying caulk & I haven't received anything yet. If anyone wants to call me to resolve this please call anytime **.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Elizabeth, we understand our team was able to resolve this matter in March. Please let us know if you require any further assistance.

Original review: March 2, 2020

Bath Fitter from St. John NB gave us an estimate on our reno and suggested a white marble surround (we had stated we wanted white). The saleswoman assured us that this would look great and showed us a sample and we agreed. We had a lovely young man come and install our new system and I was not home at the time. When I came in I was horrified! The surround was basically a slab of greyish mauve with a couple of white streaks in it. Doesn't match any of the other features in our bathroom.

I called to talk to someone in the office and had a call back from the original sale person instead of the manager and she basically told me "everybody else likes the marble and sorry about your luck"! Every time I look at it it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. Another case of a big company taking your money and not caring after they have it. We did this reno out of necessity and having recently moved this was a financial strain to begin with and for them to disregard us in such a matter is very discouraging. You would think that a huge company making things right for their unhappy customers would be worth something. Wouldnt recommend to anybody now although the fellow that installed it was great. Let us just say we are still bitter in Moncton!

Original review: March 1, 2020

Updated on 03/24/2020: I have been in touch with Bath Fitters and they sent a service tech to look at the tub. He agreed that it needs replacing so they are coming next month to fit it. I do want to thank Bath Fitters and Consumer Affairs .

Original Review: Had lifetime warranty on my shower. Install the cover over the tub. Developed cracks in one corner and whatever they use to stick the liner down did not hold. I called them and Bath Fitter sent a service guy to look at it. He said it was my wives fault because she used the wrong cleaner. Now if that were true would not it have done it to the rest of the corners. It was caused by them not putting enough material in the one corner so that is what made it crack and then when you stand in one spot the inlay in the tub pops up and down. The service guy said that we were not covered and they would not replace it. Well so much for the lifetime warranty.

Oh and another thing when the guy who put in the liners was done he never installed the drain. He told my wife it would cost another $75 to install the drain so after being on the road (I'm a truck driver) for two days thinking I'm going to have a nice shower I had to install the drain myself when I got home. Is this good. I would have to say no so good luck but Bath fitter warranty is garbage. Will I ever use their service again. Not very likely.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Sidney, we understand our team has scheduled a service appointment to address these issue. please do reach out if there is anything more we can do to assist. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 29, 2020

Both guys who came were prompt and friendly. First thing they covered the floors and got right to work. We love our new shower and it fits right in with the other fixtures in the bathroom. They cleaned up after themselves and we are very pleased with their work. We would recommend Bath Fitter to anyone looking to redo their shower.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for sharing your great experience Jerry!

Original review: Feb. 29, 2020

We are very happy with our bathroom shower installation by John **. The installation was a great all around experience. John answered all our questions to our satisfaction... I would recommend Bath Fitters and John ** to my friends and family for any future installations.

Bath Fitter response

Hi James, thank you for your review! We're glad to hear John was able to provide you with a great experience!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

4” crack in shower floor. Called warranty dept, discovered not covered due to death of my parents & I now own home. Unsure how long this crack has been here as Mom had major stroke 3 was after installing. Recently moved here & discovered home still in family.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Donna, upon inspection of the issue, our team determined that it is a deep scratch and not a crack. Damages that are caused by outside sources, and not product defects, are not covered under our warranty. As this is currently a cosmetic issue, the shower floor can remain as is however, our team will be in contact shortly to provide you with options to replace the shower floor. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

I have seen endless commercials making this process look easy and simple so I told my mom to go for it. They came to install - damaged her existing plumbing and left my 75yr old mom with no way to use my tub - it is now a week later and BATH FITTERS now wants us to pay for their plumber to fix it. It is disgusting and they are preying on the public- use a professional plumber!!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2020

There was a lady in Springfield Town Center Mall who was standing near a display on Bath Fitters. She talked with me about it and I told her I was going to order. It was my opinion that what she had to show to me was what I needed to renew my master bath shower. I went for a shower and the plaster glass enclosure. I also had the floor replaced. The reps who came to the house were patient and efficient. They were very thorough with their explanation and answered all my questions.

Then I got a call from the company about what time the installers would arrive. They told me it would be in the morning and it would take all day. And it did. There were two people who came and they called before almost an hour before they arrived at my door. They came right on time. The quality of the work done was on target and I have had no problems with it at all. It’s a special feeling to know that the representatives of the company are concerned about whether or not you get what you want for the job that you are trying to complete.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your positive feedback Margaret!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

I got some estimates from companies and Bath Fitter was the most reasonably priced. I got a shower enclosure for a rental unit. Everybody did their job, which is good enough, considering that there are a lot of people out there who don’t. The installation went very well. The gentleman who did it was very thorough and clean. So far, the quality has been good. There have been no complaints.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review Deborah!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

Bath Fitter did the work at a friend's house and I was visiting. They were very clean and liked the way the work was done so I called them. I had got an estimate and they honored it when I was ready. They didn't have to do that and could’ve given me a new price. I was very satisfied with the installer's work. He was quick and very professional. Moreover, with me being an older person, he was very considerate. He also cleaned up after himself.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience Marian! We appreciate your business!

Bath Fitter Company Information