4.3/5 (239 ratings)

About Bath Fitter

Bath Fitter is an acrylic bathtub, shower enclosure and tub-to-shower conversion company. The company’s bathtub refinishing products are custom molded to fit over existing fixtures for quick and clean bathroom renovations that last a lifetime. The company can complete installations in just one day.

Pros

• Next-day service
  • Demolition-free remodeling
  • Lifetime warranty on installation

Cons

• Regular cleaning required
  • Design consultation needed for quote

Bottom Line

Homes and commercial bathrooms in need of a quick remodel benefit from Bath Fitter’s next-day service and fast installation. Special care is required to maintain the new bathtub or shower, but it provides an affordable upgrade.

Bath Fitter Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Fitter?

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

Bath Fitter did an excellent job installing new shower! Workers were courteous and professional. The quality of work was superb, the wall needed repair as well as the shower floor. This is the second time we have used Bath Fitter and I would highly recommend them to anyone needed shower or tub repair or upgrade.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Donna, thank you so much for your review! We're glad to hear everything was completed to your satisfaction!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

I smile every time I walk by the bathroom. It was pricey but worth it in the long run. Here are some Before & After pictures. Add value to your home that lasts a lifetime. Customer Service & installation are top notch. Highly recommended! =)

Bath Fitter response

Hi Allyson, thank you so much for your review! We are glad to hear you are loving your new Bath Fitter bathroom!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

I had a great experience with Bath Fitter. The sales person, the plumber, the installer and the desk staff were all wonderful and professional. I did not feel pressured to do more than I wanted! The reason it's not a 5 is I was told it would be done mid October. I had not heard anything by mid October so I called them. I was then given a date the first week of November. I wonder if I hadn't called if I would still be waiting. I think they should have told me things were on back order and not wait for me to call.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Lucinda, thank you so much for sharing your experience. We are thrilled to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

Converted my soaker tub and surround to a standard depth tub and surround. Installed two grab bars, a handheld shower attachment, a corner shelf. Jacob was the installer. He was great and so was customer service when I contacted them. Had one minor issue with a decorative cover coming loose on the grab bar. Jacob returned and not only refastened that one but secured all other decorative covers as well, to ensure it does not happen again. I appreciate the extra effort.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Carrie, thank you so much for sharing your experience! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

My shower installment was done by a hard-working guy that did a good job. My not-so-good experience is with the so call unprofessional manager, Shawn ** who emailed me because he didn't get 5 stars on the survey sent to me. I gave credit to the guy that did all the work but when on the survey, I said was told it would be done by Sep/Oct. When I called, the office I was told Dec. When I said it was unacceptable the next week, Danielle called and said they could get me in Oct. Which they did vs the 4 months they initially told me it would take.

Anyway, a survey arrived in my email and I stated the shower was nice but not what I expected and definitely not worth the money but Shawn ** sent me an email telling I said I loved it and all when he came to inspect it. I was shocked at the way he came off on me through email so I called him and he was even more rude and unprofessional on the phone. I called the corporate office to file a complaint and the lady never filed the complaint taken over the phone. She informed the Office in Wilmington NC and Shawn ** sent me yet another email stating our business was over and his managers knows.

Well I sent him an email and ask him not to contact me again and I am certainly sending an email to the CEO. This is how they treat customers who paid their bill in full and now because one jerk didn't get 5 stars he is being nasty and rude. 5 stars goes to the guy that did the work on my shower not Shawn **. I will never do business with them again and hope this lifetime warranty last a lifetime so I don't have to spend money to take that little jerk to court. What a shame. They got paid and are now rude. People, don't do business with Bathfitters from Wilmington NC so you don't have to deal with Shawn **'s nastiness. At a time when death is all around with the virus, he should be nicer. Anyway save yourself some headaches and go somewhere else because this one bad apple spoiled the whole batch for me.... Shawn ** is awful and call himself a manager!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

I used Bath Fitter to do a shower job...they came out when they said, did the job in a day and were gone. All good till it started coming unglued and was allowing moisture in behind wall... Now they won't come fix it. Said they're not responsible for it...

Bath Fitter response

Hi Randy, it appears there was some confusion from our team and this is not the experience we strive to provide our customers. We are trying to reach you to get you scheduled for service, please give our team a call at 423-509-8466 so they can resolve this matter and correct any issues. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

For the price of the bathtub and shower install you would think that the finished product would like nice. Materials look cheap and the finished look is average at best. The caulk job was the worst I've seen not a straight bead on any seam just put on and smeared all over the tub and wall. I would definitely not call it a professional job maybe it was just my installer. Bathtub was not trimmed in a straight line just cut with no measurements just a complete hack job would not recommend.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Kristopher, we're sorry to hear about these issues. Our team has called and left a voicemail to address this matter further. We look forward to making this matter right for you. Thank you for reaching out and please let us know if you require any further assistance.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

My family had hoped to become a customer of Bath Fitters after our wonderful Sales experience with Anton which included measuring, taking photos, explaining the process with small displays and more. Sadly, after 6 weeks of silence, there has yet to be any follow up from the person responsible for scheduling. I contacted Anton to find out it was Donna. I called Donna and she stated it was “still in a review status” and she would escalate and return to me in the same day. I explained how frustrating it is to be ignored, with absolutely no follow up (even to simply state they are still working on this or they cannot assist, anything…). Donna assured me she would return that same day. Yet, days later, dead silence again. I called Donna again, left a voicemail for her, days followed, no response. I asked to speak to a supervisor who was not in as well so we were left with no one to follow up.

Due to this feeling of unimportance, and not having the time to chase around a scheduler, we have decided to cancel our request. This was a very frustrating process and horrible customer service experience for us. I have also contacted Donna a final time to advise of this and hope you can work on training your scheduling staff on how to keep in touch with their customers, maybe including simple software that allows follow up with automatic reminders so it would not be left to them to remember on their own. A sad ending to what we hoped would be an exciting experience!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

I would highly recommend Bath Fitter. Derick was amazing! His professionalism, craftmanship and pride of doing the job THE RIGHT WAY is readily apparent when you see the completed project. My wife is very happy with the finished product, which in turn makes my life easier and brings me happiness. THANKS AGAIN DERICK.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Lawrence, thank you so much for your review! We're glad to hear everything was completed to your satisfaction!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

It's been over a month since installation and still no working shower. Leaked water in the condo below me, did a quick fix, and STILL leaking water. I've been patient, but someone need to get it right. Bath Fitter got paid, but I can't seem to get what I paid for which is a working shower. My old shower was working perfect until installation happened and now I don't have a shower and the neighbor below me has an open ceiling waiting for someone to come fix the pipe. Just horrible!

Bath Fitter response

Hi Rita, we understand the plumber visited you on 10/6 and was able to correct the leak. We also have a contractor going out to fix the ceiling below. Please let us know if you require further assistance. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

First time calling Bath Fitter in the beginning of September this year 2021 for questing about their services. Bath fitter did install it 3 years ago, but there is red and black mold started to grow all over the area, we tried to clean it with what they recommended when they installed it, but nothing can take the mold out? When I made the call I ask them that (what can we do to get red of the mold)? The customer service woman “Casey” said they can come and clean it for free, they are a lifetime warranty. I confirmed with her every things. About 8 days later I called to schedule. They switch me to the office nearby me in Philadelphia. After I made number of call talking to Natasha, Casey & Kiara and explain to every single one of them about the problem we have they set up an appointment to clean the mold for free and spray the floor for $377.00 after they clean it to protect from sliding and falling.

A day before the appointment no one call to confirm, I called over 7 time and left 2 messages then call again and someone finally confirm with me and said “Yes we will be there tomorrow from 2 To 4." The minute I hang up my phone “Kiara” called and want to cancel the appointment because the installer have a car accident? I was not happy to hear that, Asked to see if they can send someone else to take care of it. After I was on hold she said, "Our schedule is very much booked" and they don’t have appointment for another month or so? Then she said, "We don’t clean the mold that we only reinstall the silicon in between the edge? And we are so booked right now I can’t schedule you?"

I am so frustrated upside & very angry with the customer service that they promise to do the job then they backed up? The communication with the customer service department is so horrible. When I asked to speak with her boss she connecting me with “Michael **” that he have no information about me and the job? I have to repeat myself again to every one of them and he still can’t reschedule me yet? He said he don’t have the schedule on him? I am still waiting to hear from them tomorrow but so far I am very unhappy how they handle this service call. If they told me from the beginning/from day one they don’t do that kind of work, I will be fine but not after waiting number of weeks with them to act like that a day before the service? So far I can only say:

- Bad customer service.
- Horrible communication skill.

- Awful way to treat anyone.

What do you think? Would I recommend “Bath Fitter” after all of this to anyone?? I am waiting to hear from the manager tomorrow?

Bath Fitter response

Hi Adam, our team has been in contact to discuss further. We have waived the fee and will replace the silicone and apply the non-slip coating at no charge. Thank you for reaching out.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

Well done. Fast good workmanship. Experienced technician. Work on schedule. Knowledgeable. Attention to details. Prompt. Cost reasonable. Warranty satisfactory. Very satisfactory appearance of finished bathroom. Easy to clean. Information on cleaning furnished. How do I clean water stain?

Bath Fitter response

Hi Adelina, thank you so much for your review! Please consult our approved cleaning products list to keep your unit clean: https://www.bathfitter.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/Cleaners-List-Household_BF.pdf . If you would like more info, please give your local team a call at 905-897-3594. Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

Very accommodating and professional. My mistake caused a problem and they resolved the issue with a timely response. The enclosure looks great! We are very pleased with the results and are moving forward with completing the bathroom makeover which includes new flooring, vanity and mirrors.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Terry, thank you so much for your review! We are so thrilled to hear our team was able to provide you with a great experience!!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

Bath Fitter did a great job meeting with us and spending time to go over every little detail before ever asking us to commit to anything. They came to our house and took measurements and did all the heavy lifting long before install so that when install day did finally arrive, they knew exactly what needed to be done and what finishes were being used. I was renovating the rest of the bathroom by myself and they were happy to work with me and talk through questions I had about the how the seams and seals would meet where I was still working. They were in and out in a day and they were extremely friendly and professional.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Katelyn, thank you so much for your review! We're glad to hear everything was completed to your satisfaction!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

Guys came right on time and did a great job. They kept everything clean going in and out of a small house and kept me informed of everything they were doing. They put runners down on the rugs and cleaned up everything before they left. New shower turned out beautiful and they were all done by 2:30 in the afternoon. Would definitely recommend them!

Bath Fitter response

Hi Jackie, thank you so much for your review! We are so thrilled to hear our team was able to provide you with a great experience!!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

We are happy with the final product. Really made a difference in our dated bathroom. It was an overall good experience, from the initial sales pitch to the final product. Had some problems with scheduling and dates trying to be changed, but that was worked out. Only issue I have is with some cosmetic touches with the silicone used to seal the shower door frame. I have attached photos as a reference. The first photo is of a very thick bead of silicone and the second picture is of the other side with a very thin bead which looks so much better.

Bath Fitter response

Thank you for your review John! I'll share your feedback with our local team :)

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

My experience with BathFitter was wonderful. The initial visit was not high-pressured sales pitch. I felt very comfortable with the rep who did a great and thorough job explaining the process. The installation went smoothly. The installers were quiet, respectful, and exceptionally neat. They left no mess behind. I would highly recommend BathFitter. My bathroom looks great now. I am very pleased and 100% satisfied.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Shirley, thank you so much for your review! We are so thrilled to hear our team was able to provide you with a great experience!!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

Excellent service from start to finish. From the estimate to the installation. Very professionals. Fast and taking care of my house. The installer arrived on time and did an excellent job. The installer had everything he needed in his van and is very knowledgeable on every step of the install process.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Eduardo, thank you so much for your review! We're glad to hear everything was completed to your satisfaction!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

The installation was done in 2 days as promised starting on the agreed date. The quality of the work and the materials was outstanding. My only minor observation is that the diverter valve to select between overhead and handheld showers has a slight leak so that the overhead shower drips when selecting handheld; in practice, this not a real concern. Overall, I am completely satisfied with the materials and the installation process and would not hesitate to recommend them to friends.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Michael, thank you for your review! We will reach out to the local team to help get these issues resolved. Thank you for sharing your experience!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

The person that installed our was great. However a couple of days later we found out that the diverter for the shower head was leaking. The lady that we talked to on the phone numerous occasions was rude to my wife and myself when I called. I don’t believe that she was trying to get our problem fixed.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Bill, we're sorry to hear about this experience. We will follow up with our local team to look into this matter further and resolve this issue. Thank you for letting us know.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

We love our new Bath Fitter shower tub surround. The installer was very professional and fast. He clearly knew what he had to do, and did it well. He made sure the details were done right. I would recommend Bath Fitters to others.

Bath Fitter response

Hi David, thank you so much for your review! We're glad to hear everything was completed to your satisfaction!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

I was extremely pleased with the renovation of my bath/shower. The old tub enclosure was removed and the new stand up shower stall with sliding glass doors and a fold down seat was installed in one day. My technican, John **, was on time, courtious, and was constantly working to be sure that the job was completed in one day. He is an excellent asset to your company. I am satisfied with the quality of the product, the service, and even the price was about what I expected.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Roger, thank you so much for your review! We are so thrilled to hear our team was able to provide you with a great experience!!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

If I could choose 4.5 I would have, but I rarely give a 5 unless everything is perfect. The tub looks great, but a shelf was forgotten on the order so even though the installers were great about their willingness to go get it and install it, I was not expecting the extra money I ended up having to pay for it. I also didn't realize the new shower handle would not give me the option to turn the water pressure down or I would have chosen something different. Other than that, the installers and salesman were great and did a wonderful job all in one day, which was a ton of work since they had to take out the old nasty jet tub that stopped working years ago. Definitely could not beat the price either, so I would recommend them to anyone looking for a reputable company to install a new shower/tub.

Bath Fitter response

We appreciate your feedback Jessica! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2021

Great customer service. Great work. My new bath tub is outstanding!! I called Bath Fitter to come out and give me an estimate. They were very fair. Not too long after my estimate I was very excited for bath fitter to come. They did an excellent job.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

I had a very old bathtub redone with tiles in the back. Service was excellent. Everybody showed up on time and were very efficient. The job was completed right on time. The price was good and they did not attempt to try to upsell me, which I appreciated since I’m on a budget. I would defiantly recommend or hire them again.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Allyson, thank you so much for sharing your experience! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

The installer, Chad **, performed the job professionally and with precise detail. He informed me of the process, responded to my questions, and completed a great job. Overall work was stellar. I would highly recommend Bath Fitter to anyone seeking a shower.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Scott, thank you so much for sharing your experience! We are thrilled to hear our team was able to complete everything to your satisfaction!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

Everyone I talked to was completely professional, and very nice about all questions I had. They made sure to go over every detail with me to ensure I got the bathroom I wanted. The remodel went 100% as planned and I’m so happy with my results. I highly recommend this company for anyone’s remodel needs!

Bath Fitter response

Hi Jodi, thank you so much for your review! We are so thrilled to hear our team was able to provide you with a great experience!!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

The workers did a great job. They were efficient and friendly. Our bathroom looks amazing. Our only complaint is on the wall on the opposite side of where the shower was placed has a hole and some cracking which was not there prior to shower install. We believe it is the pounding of shower and other work that was done in the bathroom. Please see attached images. Thank you.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Todd, thank you for your review. Unfortunately I do not see the pictures, there might have been an error in attaching them. I will share your feedback with the local team to look into this matter further. Let me know if you require further assistance.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

We are very pleased with our shower. The technician was prompt, experienced, and treated our home with respect. The removal of old and installation of the new was completed in just one day. An adjustment on the door was made at our request afterward promptly. The shower looks great, and we would certainly recommend Bath Fitter.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Frank, thank you so much for your review! We are so thrilled to hear our team was able to provide you with a great experience!!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

Love our new shower, installation took better part of a day but the tech. had to remove an old cast iron tub. The tech did a great job of installing but also did a fantastic job of trimming the edges. It looks like it was installed during construction of the home. Would recommend to anyone.

Bath Fitter response

Hi Perry, thank you so much for your review! We are glad to hear you are loving your new Bath Fitter bathroom!

Bath Fitter Company Information