4.82/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

All Year Cooling

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Hi my name is Tommy Smith, President of All Year Cooling. We're a family business that was founded in 1973. Since day one customer service has been our #1 priority. So much so, that I want all of my customers to be able to contact me before, during and after the sale. I look forward to you joining the All Year Cooling family!

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 9, 2017

590 All Year Cooling Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

We've been using All Year Cooling for years and they were amazing. All I can say is great things about them. My daughter was getting married on a Saturday and Monday before that the air conditioning started not working. I had everybody in my house because she was getting ready there and Sunday I had a gathering of like 60 people.

All Year Cooling came on Monday twice and they sent the expert on the thermostat and the expert on the docks. They would come on some days twice because they realized the importance. Finally at Thursday night it was decided that there was no other option. We were all talking directly to the owner. We had his personal phone. My husband was talking to him and it was decided that a new unit was going to be installed and that they were going to push somebody else. The next morning they installed the new unit and the wedding was saved. They really understood the crisis that we were at.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

All Year Cooling is fantastic. They serviced our five-year old air conditioning unit. Their guy was here a month ago and he changed a little thing in it that wasn't functioning. He's an awesome good guy with a great attitude and was in and out in half an hour. My wife was impressed by their great service. She has actually called the owner on his cellphone and he picked up. We have already recommended All Year to our friends.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

All Year did a good job with my neighbor so I gave them a try. I needed a repair and they were the only one who responded the same day to send somebody out. I called customer service to set up an appointment and the repair guy was fine. The repair was done correctly the first time, so I couldn't ask for anything more.

Dominick,
    Thank you for your review! We're glad to hear that your repair went well. Please reach out if we can be of further assistance.

Tommy Smith

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

All Year Cooling and Heating installed our new air conditioning unit. The sales reps and the installation team were very nice and professional. After hurricane Irma, we came back to a broken AC unit so we called it in and All Year tried to do whatever they could as soon as possible. They repaired the unit.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I've used All Year Cooling for years and my experience has been great. Their representatives were kind and courteous and the installation team was fine. I would recommend them.

Janet,
    Thank you for taking the time to submit a review!

Tommy Smith

How do I know I can trust these reviews about All Year Cooling?

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

Three years ago, our air conditioner went out the day before Christmas Eve. I went to the phonebook and picked All Year Cooling and Heating, and it turned out to be the best thing I’d ever done. They came out on Christmas Eve and installed a new air conditioner. The one we had was 17 years old and we were low on finances at the time. They carried the note for us and no interest for a year. Then they came back out on Christmas Day to check a small leak that came up. We've referred them to eight people in our community because they were so good. The sales reps were very polite, kind, fast, efficient, did a great job and knowledgeable about what they were doing. So, I’ve had no complaints with the whole company.

My house stays cool all the time and I haven’t had ups and downs with it, so we’ve been pleased with the unit. The owner is very polite. We’re impressed that he points out in some of his brochures that if you aren’t pleased, you call him directly which most owners don’t do. He gives you his number that if you need to talk to the president. They do follow-ups on their work and on their people. If everybody conducted their business like All Year Cooling, we would have a lot of good businesses. The experience was perfect and it couldn’t be better.

Paulette,
    Thank you so much for the review and thank you for trusting us with helping your friends and family! We're glad to hear that your unit is still running well. As always, please reach out if you have any questions.

Tommy Smith

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

All Year Cooling was a great company. I searched and a lot of companies came to the house but nobody gave me the prices All Year gave me. I got Trane A/Cs with nice high SEERs for under $7000 for two and everybody else was giving me prices at $5000 each. They also had a promotion where if you recommend someone they would give you $100 bucks. That’s a good program they have.

The service was done very quickly and professionally too. Then when I had a little problem with something, I called them and they would have sent somebody even in a big storm. I told them to send technicians in the morning instead which they did and they took care of the problem. They seemed like they knew what they were doing and were very pleasant and easy to work with. They also have a nice warranty. They gave us two years for parts and labor and they gave 10 years on the air conditioner for the company.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I worked in the industry and I heard about All Year Cooling & Heating from one of my colleagues. The reps were very knowledgeable and friendly and I’ve had the unit for about three weeks now. Since having my unit installed, everything has been working well.

Lenny,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review! We're glad that everything is working well and that your experience was a good one.

Tommy Smith

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

The person who repaired my AC unit said that All Year Cooling could give me a better price on a new system. He knew they had a good rep. They came here and they gave me the price I wanted on the air conditioning system. They said, "Go, fine. As long as you pay cash, we could do it." The new unit works much better and is more efficient than the 10-to-12-year-old unit. The electricity bill went down a little bit. I've had them come twice a year to maintain and service the unit. Clive, one of their repairmen, as well as their installation team, is very good. I'm very happy with them.

Tony,
    We're glad to hear that your unit is running more efficiently and that we were able to offer that lower price. I'm happy to hear that you also have our preventative maintenance plan, that's very important here in South Florida!

Tommy Smith

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

I was having a whole replacement done, including all the ducts, and the estimate was not ridiculously high and good enough for them to make a reasonable profit. The man who came and did the job was pretty quick and efficient and he did a good job of it. I had dealt with some other people for estimates and I couldn't believe the efforts All Year Cooling went to. Then, the installers showed up at eleven o'clock. Half of the day was gone and I thought there was no way they were going to finish it that day but they loaded up the truck at five o'clock and were gone so I was quite pleased.

They also stayed true to the estimate, except for the add-on I discussed with the installer and authorized. It was an option for a black light to kill bacteria in the system. It costs almost 100 bucks and I negotiated it with the installer, although the man who gave me the estimate came around in the middle of the day while they were putting the system in. Afterwards, I had an issue that was under warranty and they came and took care of it immediately. Then I've also had them back for a service and I'm very pleased with them. I've already recommended All Year Cooling to friends.

Joe,
    Thank you for your review! We're happy to hear that everything ran smoothly and now you're keeping cool! Please reach out to me if you have any questions.

Factual basis uncertain
    Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

Called Sunday afternoon. Scheduled appointment for Monday 9am-1pm. Office called at noon to say tech was running late. New time of 1-2pm. At 3pm called office to see when tech would arrive? Office called back and stated tech had another stop before me and new time of 4-5pm. At 6:30 we went to dinner and rented a hotel. Office called at 7:45 and stated they were running behind. Tech had another stop before me and would arrive at 9pm. Told All Year Cooling Serena no thanks! Wasted day! Calling another company! Very poor company!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

I had All Year Cooling replace an AC unit. They came right away. They were very quick and was done within 24 hours. The sales rep was very good, wonderful, and excellent. Their installation team was very good, efficient, and professional. And they made sure it works before they left. Everything's just fine.

Paul,

Thank you for your review! We're glad to hear that everything is working well and that you had a great experience.

Tommy Smith

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

The price was the most important reason why I used All Year Cooling. The second thing was when I spoke to them on the phone, I enjoyed talking to the person who gave me the quote. He was very knowledgeable and if I had any question and he didn't know the answer, he immediately said, "I don't know the answer. Give me one second," and then came back with an answer. I'm also a general contractor and they did better than what I would have done replacing the unit. Also, when the guy was about done installing the unit, he realized that he didn't bring the free thermostat with him. I told him not to worry and that I already had one which works fine, but within an hour after he left, another AC guy came with a thermostat. He was en route to do another install and he had a thermostat in his truck and dropped it off. Another hour after that, another guy came over and installed it. I was impressed with how professional these guys run the company.

Rob,

I'm happy to hear that everything worked out well. Sounds like our guys were really able to help you out! Please let me know if we can be of further assistance.

Factual basis uncertain
    Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

I don't know how this company is still in business. I spent over 4K for new unit and they have been out 4 times and wasted my time and money because the unit is still under warranty and they refuse to just fix it.

Original review: July 22, 2017

All Year had much more reasonable in price compared to others and their sales rep was great. He lived up to everything he said he'd do including the warranty. I've had them out once for it and they were here right on time. They also come out every year and check up like they said they would with the maintenance call at no charge. But the installation crew that first came was the worst. They were a bunch of foreigners who couldn't understand what I was saying and they only did what they were gonna do. But All Year rectified everything, sent out another crew and it was done properly. It's all good and this unit is better than the one I had before.

Gerald,
    Thank you for your review and we are happy to hear that you received great service all around. We hope to continue serving you in the future and if there is anything I could assist with please let me know.

Tommy Smith

Original review: July 15, 2017

I had a bad experience with another air conditioning company. My friend had used All Year Cooling and he said they were very good. So I had them replace my air conditioning, and they provided me with a unit and the installation went well. The installers did exactly what they said they were gonna do. I've had the unit for a month now and I'm very happy so far.

Paul,
    We love hearing when another customer refers us and we're glad that your service went well. Happy to hear that you're keeping cool!
    Thanks again for the review,

Tommy Smith

Original review: July 10, 2017

Salesman Joe had us convinced this family run business was fabulous so we got 4 ac units. What a disaster. They never connected duct work. They never replaced the box under the handler. Our old ac worked better than the new one. I had to miss 7 days of work to continually be here to explain the problem. I had to explain return vents were not working. They had the air handler all messed up. Mark kept trying but no one knew what they were doing. I learned more on YouTube and had to teach them. I would not recommend them ever to anyone. I have before and after pictures.

Original review: July 2, 2017

All Year Cooling's owner was so nice. We had fantastic interactions with the sales reps. Everything was excellent. They were very knowledgeable and professional. They were also able to answer all our questions. The installers showed up on time and they installed everything. They also cleaned up after themselves.

Randy,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review! We're so happy to hear that everything went well and that you're keeping cool. If you have any questions please reach out to me.

Tommy Smith

Original review: June 28, 2017

Ok, so I don't write very many reviews, but I felt that I need to this time so here goes. Long story short I had an A.C. company come out to do my yearly service and they said my Freon was low even though it was blowing cold. So I had them add and paid and they went on their way. 2 weeks later A.C. explodes. I found out that they put the wrong gas in the system and it caused a pressure build up, which caused the explosion of my AC System. I called ALL YEAR COOLING at 9:30 PM, left a message and figured I would hear next day, but got a call 2 mins later, talked to representative and he said I would have someone at my house at 10. Next morning 10 am, I get a call from the guard that AC is here. That's a great start.

They tell me what I need, undercut the 2 other bids I got by 750.00, and schedule for same day install. I cannot express how grateful I am for a company to be here in South Florida that can not only be trusted, but can back up what they do with excellent work, great people, great products, and the BEST... GREAT SERVICE. I highly recommend this company to anybody in need of any and all AC needs. They far surpassed my expectations. Thank you to ALL YEAR COOLING for being a standout and stand up company!

Sean,
    Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review and thank you for the kind words! We know how frustrating it is when an AC goes out and are happy that we were able to offer you same-day service! Please give me a call if there is anything else we can help you with.

Tommy Smith

Original review: June 17, 2017

All Year Cooling did some checking up on my unit. Overall, it was very excellent. The tech showed what he was going to do and then he did what he had to do. He also told me what follow up I needed to do with the system. When I rescheduled the service, I called on another person for doing the same job at $25. But, All Year Cooling did a good job for the $49. It's better as far as the last service at the time.

Samuel,
    We're happy that your system is working well now. Please reach out to me if you have any concerns or questions and thank you for your review.

Tommy Smith

Original review: June 16, 2017

I went to the Better Business Bureau and a couple of other sources. Amongst others, All Year Cooling appeared to be worth looking at. They respond quickly and have good communication while other providers called me three days later. One guy came out and he's very personable. He gave us the estimate and we signed up right away then they were here the next day to put it in. They subcontract their installations and we have the unit for probably a month now. The salesman was excellent and so was the installation team. When they left, it looked like nothing had happened. They were immaculate. I've always been cool but now I'm really cool since the unit was installed. Overall, they're responsive, professional, courteous and clean.

Gerry,
    Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We're happy to hear that your experience was great from start to finish! If there's anything I can help you with please reach out.

Tommy Smith

Original review: June 10, 2017

Our air conditioning unit was dying slowly in its five years of existence. Everything leaked so it was time to replace it. Five years ago, All Year Cooling responded to our request for a quote on a replacement AC unit. I also felt comfortable with the recommendations of people that had used them before. Both the brand that they carried at that time and the features that it had were some of the reasons I chose them. The air conditioning unit has higher efficiency since it has been installed and the dual compressor has reduced my electric costs considerably.

The people at All Year Cooling were also friendly, cooperative and they gave me the information I needed. They performed the installation as advertised and they stayed with me for six months to get it to work right because it was the newest version of the top of the line Trane dual compressor unit. Everyone was learning how to manage it while I was going through the experience with them. The installers were also very professional and did a fine job. The owner of All Year Cooling has been a man of his word, even though there were times I had to beat up on him to get what I needed. The company always came through and did what they promised. Overall, they've been reliable, honest and they live up to their commitment.

Leonard,
    Thank you for your review. We're glad that everything worked out and that you now have a more efficient unit. As always, please reach out if I can help any further.

Tommy Smith

Original review: June 8, 2017

I liked the price that All Year was offering with the tune-up so I went with them. The rep that came over was awesome. I asked him all kinds of silly questions about the air conditioning unit and he answered them like they were just common questions. He was very respectful and nice. He sat down and explained different things about the unit 'cause I have two different brands and we just talked about getting a new unit.

All Year Cooling was very prompt and professional. And even after the gentleman left, someone tried to touch base about how good the rep who came over was or what the service was like, so I felt they followed through with it, too. I've heard of other air conditioning companies where the people hardly talk to you. But this guy was very informative about things that probably are now saving me money on my electric bill. Overall, it's been a pleasure dealing with All Year Cooling.

Donna,
    We're glad to hear that our lowest possible prices were able to assist you in getting that unit up and running. Please let me know if I can help any further or if you have any questions.

Tommy Smith, President

Original review: June 5, 2017

I looked All Year up on their website. Then I had Air Around the Clock and All Year come here to give me an estimate and All Year gave me a better estimate. However, we got a 4 Ton originally and then we went to a 3.5 Ton but it was the wrong size. I’m here 37 years. This is my third air-conditioner and I knew that they made a false adjustment. I explained to them that the carpenter ran across the ceiling with the wrong size. They made a forced attachment that came out, that’s why they thought the carpenter was right. They told me it didn’t matter but it did and they changed that. But then I had to pay an extra $500 because I was right.

We had the unit installed on April 4th, which was a bad day. One of my cats was having a seizure and my car was in the shop so I couldn't even bring her to the vet. Their installer, Patrick said he would take her, but then General Motors ran the car right back to me. Patrick and his crew were fantastic. I'd give them 100%. He said he’s gonna send the best people and evidently he did. They did everything excellent. However, they never changed my air handler and it was the first air handler ever put in this house.

I had two carriers put in besides the one that wasn’t in the house and the air handler should’ve been changed because it was the wrong one. Then they took everything out. They redid the work and did everything correct. I’ve seen a big difference in the house. It stays cold and shuts off during the day. The other one would run continuously anywhere from 12:30 to 8 o’clock at night. It would stay at 80 till I could get it down. This one I set it at 77 and it shuts on and off. It’s fantastic. I’m sure I’m gonna save a lot on my electric bill.

It's hot air rating is 17 SEER instead of 16. That alone, I could save $150. I can’t get lower than 13 SEER but 16 was what Air Around the Clock offered. Mostly air-conditioners was 16 but the York was 17 so that’s why I took the York. They really don’t get a good rating but he guaranteed me that they corrected their problems over the years and for the last 5 years there have been no problems with this one. Plus, I got two years instead of one-year warranty and I got 10 years on the parts so there's no problem.

The only problem I had with them is the company did not return call. I actually had to call Tom, the president. That was because I couldn’t use the air-conditioning since the duct that I had was a 12x30 and they didn’t bring the correct one. Plus it goes outside, not inside the unit. One of their employees told me that she ordered a duct that would ship in three to five weeks but I wasn’t gonna use the air-conditioning without a filter. Then I ordered the correct duct on Amazon and only went four days without an air conditioner.

Matt, one of the guys that looked at the duct work, said I had to get Tom to pay me $89.99. He also said that the duct I ordered saved the company a lot of money because it would have cost anywhere between $100-150 and it wouldn't have been here till five weeks. The rep had initially told me to call her if I have a problem so I called and left a message but she didn't call me back. So I got in touch with Tom and as soon as he heard about it, he sent me a check right away. That's the only problem I had. Other than that, it’s fantastic. Unit runs good.

I’m very pleased with Tom. He also gave me his own phone number. I really appreciate him doing that and although I don’t like calling him, I had to call him and text him twice. He texted me back to say he was on dispatch but he would get right back to me. Then the last time I used it, I told him what a great job they did and that everything is running great. Then he sent me back a text which I still have saved. It said, “Thanks for your compliments and we’re here to always help you and glad that you’re happy.”

All Year Cooling response
    Thank you for the review, Vincent! We're so happy to hear that you received great service from each one of our team members. I'm glad we were able to get everything sorted out for you and please reach out to me if you need any further assistance!

Tommy Smith

Original review: June 1, 2017

5/31/17, Mario came to condo, gave quote, went to condo management office, etc. Advised him I was getting other quotes, they were $600 higher. 6/1/17, @ 11:17 a.m. Patrick, installer, arrived with partner. Installation completed by 3:00 p.m. Mario, Patrick & the second installer, as well as the office staff that contacted me, were very nice & professional. It is hard to get this kind of service these days! Great price, Great service & Great Cool Condo!!! Thank you & I have already recommended All Year Cooling on my Facebook page! Feel free to put me as a reference! :)

Diane,
    Thank you so much for the kind review. We're happy to hear that we were able to offer you the lowest possible prices and great service! Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Tommy Smith

Original review: May 26, 2017

The first where I heard about All Year was through DonorsChoose. My fiancé is a teacher and she was doing a campaign. I donated to some of it and All Year covered the rest of it. Then they happen to do a friend's house. He liked them and I've switched to them myself. We had a couple of incidents where we knew it was time to replace the air-conditioner. Their sales representatives are always very attentive. Also, I text the owner when I need something and he's very thorough and gets back to me ASAP. I wasn't there when they installed. I just opened up my garage door, they went in and did their thing and I came home to a new air-conditioning unit. Since having the unit installed, it has brought my electric bill down. It's also nice to have a reliable unit. I use them for my property management company as well. All Year is a great company that does really good work. They're hands down amazing.

James,
    We're happy to have been able to assist your fiance with her project and thank you for giving us a try! I'm glad that the install went well and hope that you're feeling and seeing the benefits in your electric bill too. Please reach out if there is anything I can assist you with!

Tommy Smith, President

Original review: May 25, 2017

Someone that I was friends with use All Year Cooling and Heating and I chose them for their professionalism. They also arrived when they said they were going to and didn't push me into anything. They gave me information and they were very informative. I called to speak about the payment plan or how I could make a payment and I spoke to one of the owners who was very friendly. It was a very comfortable conversation and I didn't need it but they offered a payment plan and different ways to pay. The salesperson who came out and looked over everything was the same.

In my experience, unfortunately, when someone comes over, people bash other people's work done but they didn't. They were very honest with me and said that whatever they did last summer was done correctly. It's just that my unit was old. That was nice. They were very professional and courteous about the people who had come out prior to do some work. You don't see that very much.

Also, the new unit installed was fantastic. Our bill went down because we don't have an old air-conditioner trying to maintain the house. The nice thing was they called a week later to follow up and make sure everything was good. They're extremely trustworthy. They say they're a family company and they definitely are. You expect things to happen but the nice thing is that when they do, they're taking care of you. It's very expensive and I'm spending a lot of money but they understand that. I really believe that if something went wrong, they would have been on their toes, they would have come back and corrected it. They have an amazing service and friendly people.

Sharon,
    Thank you so much for your review. We're glad to hear that we were able to get a good payment plan in place for you so that you can keep cool! Please give me a call if there is anything further we can assist you with.

Tommy Smith, President

Original review: May 11, 2017

I've used All Year almost 10 years ago for another property that I owned. Recently, I had an appointment within a day or two of me calling. The salesman was kind enough to have the unit installed. The two gentlemen that did the install were professional, friendly and timely. The only thing I want is to follow up the permit that was filed. I’m assuming they’ll send that to me. But the new unit is working fine and overall, I’m totally satisfied. I would recommend them.

Anita,
    Thank you for your review. We're happy to hear that your installation went smoothly. Please reach out to me if you have any questions or concerns.

Tommy Smith

Original review: May 7, 2017

We saw All Year Cooling's advertisement online. We needed a new unit at the time so we went with them, and the price, as well as the customer service were great. Spoke with the owner and he was knowledgeable and friendly. Everything was wonderful.

Missy,
    Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We're glad that you were able to receive great prices and quality service! Please reach out if we can help in any way.

Tommy Smith

Original review: May 3, 2017

All Year Cooling was phenomenal. They came in, I asked them to do something and they went far and beyond what I expected with no arguments. I tipped them well and I called the owner and told them they're lucky to have those guys working for them. It's an incredible experience and everybody should use them.

Joseph,
    Thank you for the kind review! I am happy to hear that our team went above and beyond for you. Please, don't hesitate to reach out if there is anything else we can help you with.

All Year Cooling Company Information