Call toll free
4.70/5
Based on 34 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Ft. Lauderdale, FL

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Hi my name is Tommy Smith, President of All Year Cooling. We're a family business that was founded in 1973. Since day one customer service has been our #1 priority. So much so, that I want all of my customers to be able to contact me before, during and after the sale. I look forward to you joining the All Year Cooling family!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

612 All Year Cooling Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Our aircon blew out and at first, I had Air Around the Clock on. But they said I needed I new one and they were not gonna get me financed. At that time, I knew my current credit situation. I googled a particular model and went to All Year Cooling. The lady I met there, Janet, was very professional but very nice, sweet and knowledgeable. She put the information in plain English for people and I knew exactly what she was talking about. They financed me personally through the company. I put a down-payment and then three steady payments after that, which was a piece of cake.

One time, I had a problem with the unit and they came out. One of the motors went bad in the inside unit and they took the motor out, exchanged it and came back to put it in. It worked beautifully. When the aircon didn't seem to be cooling as it used to, a guy came out and checked it all out. He said that it probably just needed to be cleaned really good. He got the unit right for a week and it seemed to start cooling better again. But the next thing I knew, it was 90 degrees out and it was 85 degrees in the house. And it was running for 24 hours. It would be 78 when I get up in the morning and at 5 o'clock, it would still be running but it would be down to only 81 degrees. It was not cooling enough.

I called them again and they said it sounded like a replacement was needed. I called it in then they came out and replaced the unit. There was no problem. They were totally professional and the people were so nice. The technicians who came out were excellent people. They were very friendly and knowledgeable. They explained what they were gonna do and what they were doing. They were fabulous. In fact, everybody that I've dealt with has been wonderful. When you call All Year Cooling on the phone, the people would talk to you very nicely and they'd work with you. I'm totally satisfied with the company. If you know anybody who needs an air conditioner, call All Year Cooling.

Get expert buying tips about Heating and Cooling Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I am so disappointed with my new Trane AC system. It runs for hours at a time just to cool my apartment a degree or two. It is loud enough to be heard over the TV or in the shower. And the sticker on the unit says to use a 16X20 air filter but that size doesn't fit. All Year Cooling came. Sent a service tech out to look at these complaints. He said that I should buy 16X19 size air filters custom from Amazon. He added some coolant and said that should help but it still runs for hours just to lower the temperature to 78 from 80 degrees. And he said all AC units make noise.

I know they all make noise. And this isn't that offensive. It isn't a whistle or grinding or anything like that. It is just a loud whirring like a wood chipper or a jet engine. If it only came on for short bursts it might not be that bothersome. But the unit stays on for hours. I will see what happens to my electric bill. But my 28 year old unit would come on for 5, 10, 15 minutes at a time to keep this place at the same temperature this brand new unit takes hours to maintain. I am so unhappy and I don't seem to have any recourse except to let other consumers know of my experience.

Original review: July 26, 2018

I had an air-conditioning problem. I had a very bad experience with a number of companies but when I called All Year Cooling, it was so straight and fast. Also, if you look at their website, the phone number of the owner is right on there. You call and somebody answers, but still, the fact remains that he exposed himself and that was something that really won me over. Their sales representatives were very good as well. They came over to the house and we talked. There was not really a great deal of pressure and the work was done very fast and very efficiently. All Year Cooling is our go-to air-conditioning company. We’re very happy and we recommended them to many people.

Original review: July 21, 2018

All Year Cooling is big and they are all around Miami and well-prepared. I buy replacement motors that they have and ask for services. The reps call me when they notify about the appointment and what time they're gonna be here. All Year knows what they're doing and are professional. Everything looks good, so I keep working with them. They're quick, however, I don't know if they have a lot of work but when I requested the appointment, the day they went out, they changed it different times and passed to the next day. But I was okay with that. I just wish they kept the appointment as we had it.

Original review: July 7, 2018

I've had my unit from All Year since 2010. My particular system is what they call a package union and it had a plenum. They have the bill outside and they had to be called back to make some adjustments on that, and their supervisor never came after to make sure everything was all right. Recently, I had a repair done and it took four techs before one could get it right. They kept sending one, who then said, "I don't do this." That was bad, but the office manager Christine made up for it. She gave me a nice discount on the repair bill, so I was okay with the inconvenience. She's an asset to the company, the way she handled my situation.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about All Year Cooling?

Original review: July 1, 2018

We had a completely new A/C unit, including all new ductwork and insulation, installed in late 2011/early 2012 by All Year Cooling, with a 10 year warranty. The coil/evaporator began leaking in early 2017 and, after an A/C repair rep added a sealant that didn't stop the leak, was replaced in July 2017. We then found out that the warranty had been put into our contractor's name instead of ours. Our general contractor, Bill Monroy, GEMCO Corp, apparently registered the unit warranty in his name/company name. Our A/C repair rep said that, when he attempted to get the replacement coil/evaporator unit, he was told that the warranty was not valid as it was not registered in our name, even though the address on the warranty is ours, **.

We had to pay $1250 in July 2017 to have a new coil/evaporator installed, instead of it being covered by the warranty. Our A/C rep told us that our unit was apparently one of a series produced in 2011 that had failed as he has personally changed out at least 5 units with this production year. Over the past 6 months or so, we have noted several times that the A/C unit was not running. Each time we were able to get it to start again by cycling from cool to heat and turning the switch from auto to on and back to auto. We had two different A/C repair firms check out the unit but could not find anything wrong.

Last evening, July 1st, we came home from a dinner and found out that the A/C unit was again not running. This time nothing worked. When we set it to cool, the fan in the condensing unit outside kicks in but the fan in the air handler won't start working. As today is a Sunday, it is of course difficult (and expensive) to get a repairman over. Regardless, I called an A/C repair firm who, after checking the unit out determined the fan was defective and had to be replaced. Of course, supply stores are not open on Sunday so we will have to put up with another day and night with no A/C. Great, in sunny and hot southern Florida.

This latest repair will cost a minimum of $600-$800 and, together with the service charges for adding coolant each time it leaked out, bringing my total loss to approx. $2400. What I want to know is, why isn't my warranty valid? It is registered to our address. We paid $9,500 to have a completely new A/C unit, all new ductwork etc., installed but still have had quite a number of issues with the unit which has cost us money, money that we as retirees living on a fixed income, do not have to throw away.

Original review: June 7, 2018

A friend of mine told me about All Year Cooling & Heating and they gave me a good price. I got two units from them and they did a very good job of installing those but the follow-through has not been the greatest. They were supposed to clean the ducts as part of our contract but nobody ever called to make an appointment. So, I kept calling them trying to get them to at least give me an appointment to come back to do the duct work which I shouldn't have had to do.

Hello Barbara,
Thank you for your review and for choosing All Year Cooling. I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you've been having with the duct scheduling. Please give me a call directly at 954-610-6620 so I can get it sorted out for you.

Tommy, President

Original review: June 6, 2018

When I researched on the internet for the best-rated AC vendors in my area, I came across All Year Cooling. I was doing major upgrades that required changing an 18-year-old AC unit, although it was still working. It has been two weeks since I got a new AC unit from them. The sales representative was very positive and responsive, and All Year had very fair pricing. As expected, the AC unit was delivered on time and the installers showed up. They were very professional and they cleaned up the area, and the installation of the AC unit was excellent.

Frank,
Thank you for the review! We're happy to hear everything went well. Please reach out if we can be of any assistance.

Tommy Smith

Original review: June 2, 2018

All Year Cooling did work at the house of a good friend of mine and he recommended them to me. I had pleasant interactions with the sales reps that helped me purchase a unit from All Year. The installation of the unit went fine, but the installers could have been a bit more organized. When they came, they didn't have all the parts. I had to take days off and wait in the house and they came three times.

Then I had certain questions which were very important to me because I have children with asthma. I needed All Year to do air duct cleaning, but they never did and I didn't feel that they addressed the issue. But to be fair, they sent someone out to our house, but I wasn't there when that person came by. Then they went as far as doing a follow-up call. All Year has answered phone calls and, in fact, they have always reached out, so much so that I recommended them to my mother and they're working with her now. With the All Year unit that I've had for a month now, All Year efficiently did the job and it was quality work they did.

Hello Sonny,
Thank you for the feedback, we appreciate it. Please let me know if there's anything more we can assist you with by contacting me directly at 954-610-6620.
Thanks!

Tommy, President

Original review: June 1, 2018

I initially researched different companies, figured who was in the area and which one was a family business, and then decided by estimates. But this being South Florida, just because they said one thing doesn’t necessarily mean it is so. I’m an old school and if it’s not on paper, it doesn’t exist to me. I definitely did my homework and All Year’s salesperson answered all my questions thoroughly and accurately. And when I called their office, the guy I spoke knew my family name and my brother through growing up in East Hollywood, so the company was a family business.

I had the installation done eight years ago. The technician came out when they said he was gonna come out and did what they said he was gonna do. In fact, I also had an air conditioner put in my girlfriend's home because it was ready to die and my neighbor also installed a unit because of my referral. I like to learn what the techs are doing and how they're doing it, just for learning experience and not being on the guy’s back but to raise any questions that I may have. And the tech was very polite and professional. Three months ago, my AC needed a repair and the same technician came out.

It was a holiday weekend so I figured I didn’t wanna be without air all weekend long. I initially thought there was no way a technician was gonna come out and not charge me an arm and a leg. I was still hesitant because you don’t know when a company is trying to take advantage of you. A friend of my friend is an AC guy so I figured I would get this guy out here and he would be honest with me. But unfortunately, or fortunately, he couldn’t make it because he was in New Jersey. So I went through my paperwork and found out that I had ended up getting the 10-year extended warranty, which I normally don’t do and which All Year no longer offers.

I called them and their office helped me in scheduling the appointment. They called me back to say that they could get out here a little bit earlier and ask if that was good for me. I said, “Absolutely. Get out here quicker.” The gentleman came out that evening and through striking up a conversation, I realized that he was the one who had put the unit in eight years ago. He looked at the unit and at first he told me the issue was the circuit breaker. I told him that my brother was an electric contractor and I could do that. He said that it was under warranty and, since he was there, to let him do it. He did that then we came upon two other problems.

He said that I was gonna need a fan but I thought that fans didn't go out just like that. He checked it and he said that aside from the fan, I was gonna need an LED unit which was the brain to get the fan engaged because it was a two-staged fan. I asked him to show me what was and what wasn’t working and why. He hotwired the fan up to show me that it was kicking on and cutting off. I believed I just needed the brain to engage the fan but I trusted him enough.

Then he pointed out that it was an older unit and that they didn’t have anything in stock for it. The part was gonna have to be ordered out and he said that although the unit was under warranty, those parts were universal and the supplier was gonna charge them to program it to my unit in particular. It was gonna be $80 out of my pocket. Realistically, I knew the supplier was taking what he can as opposed to a flat fee, but $80 was a lot better than what the cost may have been. In fact, out of curiosity, I asked how much all that would have been if I didn’t have the extended warranty and he said it would be about $1200.

He said that he would order the part and that it would arrive two days later, because of the holiday. A representative also called me up and told me they got the order and that they were gonna try to expedite it. Then the guy came back and put the part in. As I was signing off everything, I asked where it shows the $80 and he said that they weren’t gonna charge me the amount after all. I really appreciated that but I also had to ask him to show me where the balance due is zero and he did.

He left and I went in the house then I realized I didn't even tip the guy. His truck was leaving the street so I called the office and asked them to call him back. I told them he had left one of his tools. I had some money in my left pocket so I threw forty dollars in my other pocket. When he pulled up, he asked what he had left and I told him that he actually hadn’t left anything. It was what I didn’t do and I apologized. I handed him the money, which he cupped on his steering wheel and then he started driving off.

Then I looked at my pocket to see how much money I got left over for the next couple of days and I had $40. I had given him money from the wrong pocket. Fortunately, he was at the stop sign so I ran 20 feet up to him and banged on the window. He said, “What? What’s the matter?” I asked if he had seen what i had given him and he said not yet. I asked him to shut his eyes and to hand it to me. He did and I gave him the $40. He asked what that was all about and I told him that I had given him a 140-dollar tip. I asked him not to take it personally but I could not go short on $140. He smiled and said, “I gotta come here more often.”

All in all, the tech was phenomenal. On the flip side, my neighbor didn’t have a good experience with All Year and through talking to other people weeks later, I had other individuals saying that they would never go with that company. But people expect different things from different people. As for me, I can’t say enough good about All Year.

Kurt,

Thank you for the review, we appreciate you taking the time! Please let us know if we can help in any way!

Tommy

Original review: May 30, 2018

My realtor referred me to All Year Cooling when I first relocated here and all of their representatives were great. The air conditioner unit on the house was from 1995 and it was really old. I thought it was working 'cause some air was coming out. I spoke with Anthony, who was the main rep, and he communicated effectively the whole time. I initially reached out to him just trying to get a quote before I even got the place, and he told me to let him know whenever I'm ready. And when I finally got the place, I told him about it and I asked him as to when can we get it done. Then he had a person out, Ray, to take a look at it. Ray told me that I'd be better off getting a whole new air conditioning unit rather than trying to repair it.

He said that it was not even worth touching and told me that there wasn't even air coming out on some of the vents. Anthony had a new unit and the guy in there the next day. Everybody was really knowledgeable and efficient. They did it in a couple of hours, and it was very thorough, so I was very happy. I've had the new unit since the beginning of May, and the difference was night and day when the unit was changed. The other person I spoke with, Richard, was on the insurance side. He broke down the whole comprehensive insurance for the unit for the 10-years and it was very thorough. Everything was easy to understand and I knew exactly what I was getting myself into.

All Year Cooling response
Thank you for your review, Zaylin! We're glad that your unit is cooling well and we hope you also notice the difference on your electric bill! Please reach out if there's anything further we can help you with.

Tommy

Original review: March 15, 2018

Overall, I've had a great experience with All Year Cooling. Today, all of a sudden, my air conditioner started making a humming noise. I called Gene and he was very responsive. He did his due diligence to get stuff done. I talked to them in the beginning and they told me that they were going to give me a gift card for recommending them more customers. So I bought one air conditioner from them back in September for a rental property. And then now I bought two more for my property. I also got my sister to buy an air conditioner from them. However, I haven't received the gift cards yet.

Mario,

Thank you for your review and thank you for referring us to your friends and family! We just double checked in the system that the card shipped out to you on the February 5th and is now showing as active. Please let us know if you need any assistance with this.

Tommy

Original review: March 12, 2018

All Year Cooling & Heating said that because I recommended somebody, they would give me $100, and it never happened although they have my address. I have a friend who recommended me to All Year Cooling & Heating and then I called and talked to Anthony. We went about it and I was happy and told them that I would go for it. I went for it and then I recommended somebody. That somebody went for it and they installed two weeks ago. I also have a couple of people lined up, however, All Year is not responding. Another thing is that when they went to inspect the units, they found that the paper they had didn’t match with the seals in the AC so I took a picture and sent it to Anthony from All Year Cooling & Heating, but then, I don’t know what happened after that. Other than that, everything is fine. I have their unit for three weeks now. I hope they respond to what they offered and if they do, I’d be recommending them to people.

Hi, Hector!

Thank you for your review. I just double checked in our system and we received both of your referrals, it looks like you have received your first card and your second card was actually processed just yesterday so it's on the way to you now! Please reach me directly at 954-610-6620 if you need any assistance with your referrals or air conditioning needs.

Tommy

Original review: March 3, 2018

I had a new unit installed by All Year Cooling & Heating in 2013. We had a few little blips in the early part, but that’s a part where the manufacturer hadn’t done a really good job. After installation, the unit has been performing well. Overall it has been pretty good experience.

Robert,

Thank you for your review! Please reach out to me if you ever need any assistance.

Tommy

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

I’ve heard about All Year Cooling and Heating from one of my neighbors. Their sales rep had good follow-up and perseverance. Plus, their installers were very nice and clean. They did a very neat job. I've had my unit for three weeks now but I need a few stickers saying All Year Cooling on them. The installers forgot to put them on my unit and also the unit across the street. I'm going to tell all my friends about All Year Cooling and Heating.

Darryl,
Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that your installation went well, we typically do not put stickers on the units, only the brand name should be located on the AC. However, we do have referral cards on our Rewards site that you are able to pass along to your friends!
Thanks again for your review!

Tommy

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

All Year Cooling and Heating was willing to work with me. They gave me incentives to come on with them and weren't pushy. I like the initial sales guy that came out and the next one that I talked to on the phone. I was able to negotiate the price down to the matter of $200. I told the rep that I'll pay $3,000 and then the other $3,000 in cash, which was initially $3,200. He then said, "Whoa, you just tricked me", but, he was okay with it. He didn't seem money hungry and they were really willing to give me the best service possible. They referenced a lot the family business and the aim was important to hold up the family name. Also, their installers were all very nice, polite, courteous, and on time. When my AC was vibrating, I told them that and they came to look at it. The first guy said he didn't see anything, but the second guy got someone to come out immediately and fix that vibrating sound that I was hearing.

Jacqueline,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We're happy to hear that your experience with each team member at All Year Cooling was a pleasant one.

Tommy, President

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

If anybody would ask I would recommend All Year Cooling and Heating because their sales representatives are on time. Also I've chosen them because of the recommendation of my husband's client, as well as the cost and so far everything is good.

Dee,

Thank you for your review!

Regards,

Tommy, President

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

I had a good experience with All Year. I had them repair my unit and the contractor they sent was great. He gave me the price which was a little high but I agreed and he did his job. He also did it well and on time.

All Year Cooling response
Thank you for your review, David. Please reach out to me at 954-610-6620 if you have any questions or concerns!

Insufficient response received
Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

Eight years ago, All Year Cooling & Heating installed my supposedly Top of the line, brand new, complete Trane AC system and clean air effects purification system in my home. Since that time, and during the first 5 years, my AC system has broken down at least a dozen times, blowing multiple capacitors, multiple hard starts, several condenser switches, an outside fan motor, one circuit board, two IFD charger panels, one filter/dryer, and the compressor. So, to say my top of the line Trane AC system is a lemon would be fair. My house has a split AC system, with the other side being a now 22 year old Janitrol (Goodman), which in the last 22 years, has required one capacitor, and three freon charges to top off the freon, which I was told was low. Nothing, not a single other part on the low-end unit has ever been replaced.

Now, my Trane supposedly has a 10 year warranty on parts, but every time I call All Year, they say I don't have a warranty and/or that it is expired. I reference my contract, and again, send them a photo, in which they say that even though the contract says I have a 10 year warranty, I failed to register my unit with Trane, and so, I have no warranty. My unit was registered immediately after it was installed. I contacted Trane, who verified that my info is in their system. Now, my contract says I have a 2 year parts and labor, 10 year compressor (with manufacturer Trane), and a 10 year on parts only from All Year. They say that the 10 year parts is no longer applicable. What they base this on, I have no idea. I can only believe that they are hoping I won't push the issue, and simply agree, and pay them full price to fix my AC.

Anyway, first, I was told that I only had 5 years, and not ten, on the parts. So I had to send them a copy of my contract, yet again. After that, I was told the warranty was no good as I failed to register the unit. I then told them that it was registered, only to get a reply calling me a liar, where they said my unit was not registered. I asked if they were being reimbursed by Trane for parts other than the compressor, and I was told no, that they were responsible for the 10 year parts warranty, and are not be reimbursed by Trane, to which I asked, why does the unit have to be registered if Trane is not paying for the parts and this portion of the warranty is from All Year only? This question went ignored, and they simply repeated the statement that I have no warranty, which I can only assume they are basing this on the fact they simply don't want to cover their end of the bargain.

I argued that ONE... I registered the unit, and TWO, even if I did not, the contract says NOTHING about registration being a requirement in order for the warranty apply. I was told that my contract supposedly CLEARLY stated on the back side of the contract that registration MUST be done in order for the warranty to apply.

Upon looking and reading the back of my contract it says NOTHING about registration at all. Not a single word. The warranty is clearly stated, with no asterisks or any language stating registration as a requirement. And again, why does registration with Trane a requirement for a warranty that is solely between me and All Year? Trane has NOTHING to do with this part of the warranty. They are not involved in paying for any portion of the parts, nor are they even required to be there. When I went over this contract with the salesman from All Year, he specifically stated that this 10 year parts only warranty was from All Year, and not from Trane, and how All Year stands behind its warranties, and are there for you when you need them and so on.

Anyway, they finally come out, and say I need a fan motor as mine is bad. Now, I am NOT an AC contractor, but I am a retired state licensed building contractor, who knows his way around electricity and even used to work for an AC company many many years ago. I know how to diagnose an AC unit as well as diagnosing electrical issues. Furthermore, I am well schooled in how motors work, and when I tested the motor it showed as good. The bearings were fine, the motor was not locked up, and the continuity was fine, and when I put electric directly to the motor, it spun, no problems.

So, the problem was not the fan motor, but instead, no electric being sent to it. When I traced the problem, I came to the conclusion that the problem was the circuit board. Now, normally, I would fix this myself, but I still have a warranty in effect and would rather use that, than go thru all the issues of fixing my AC myself. So I call All Year to have them fix my AC under my warranty. I had no idea what I was about to encounter.

When the tech first came out, and without pulling out any gauges or electrical meters, or doing anything other than taking the panel off and spinning the fan cage, he says my entire AC is old and not worth fixing, and wants to give me a quote for a complete new system. Wait...What? I advised him that my unit is supposedly a top of the line Trane, that I paid a lot of money for, and that it is only about 8 years old, and is still under warranty. He sheepishly asked if it was his company that installed it new, and I replied yes. Oops, was the look on his face. He then asked, knowing the answer, if I wanted to fix this issue and use the warranty instead of getting a quote for a new system. I told him, “Yes please”.

So, when he looks at it, he says I need a fan motor. Again, the tech did NOT break out any gauges or a meter, or do anything else... he simply opened the cover, saw the fan not working, spun it by hand, and said I needed a new fan motor. I questioned him, and told him my findings, but he insisted it was the fan. So, I figured I would simply listen to the "professional". Besides, I have a warranty for all parts, so of course, it will be cheaper to have them fix it... right? NOT!

The next day, another tech comes out, installed a new fan motor, and charged me $350 for labor only. WHAT? The tech was there less than an hour, borrowed my tools, borrowed my step ladder, and I removed the fan housing for him, as he seemed to have no idea how to do it properly. I watched him for a few moments, removing brackets that were not required for a fan housing removal, until I then grabbed my nut driver and asked him if I could show him a more efficient way to get to the fan motor. I removed the unit myself in less than 5 minutes.

The tech seemed impressed, and after I set the fan housing on the floor, I let him take it from there. The reason I was able to do this, was that when the unit quit working, I diagnosed the unit myself, and removed the fan housing and motor myself in order to test it. I even removed the squirrel cage from the motor, as I figured I would clean it properly before putting everything back together. This had the effect of when the tech removed the fan, everything just slid apart easily, and nothing was "stuck" or difficult to remove, and was quite easy in removing the squirrel cage from the motor, which I know can be an issue on fans with some time on them. So, when the tech repeated what I did the day before, it was not difficult or time consuming for him.

Anyway, when he was done, of course, surprise, just as I predicted, the AC still did not work. I again offered up the circuit board as the reason I had come to, and the tech finally agreed with me, and said that he did not have the part, and that someone from All Year would contact me the next business day, to schedule someone to come back out to fix my unit properly. When he packed up my original fan motor, I asked him to please leave it, as I wanted to keep my old parts. I was told that he HAD to take it and he refused to allow me to keep it. I wanted that motor, as I knew it was still a good motor, but he refused.

Anyway, the next business day, no one from All Year called as promised. I called All Year three times that day, and left messages on a voice mail, and talked to someone as well, and was told someone would call me back by end of day. No one called back. I called the next business day, and again had to leave messages. Finally, at the end of that day, someone from All Year finally called me back. And would you believe it, the whole "THERE IS NO WARRANTY" became an issue all over again. I thought this was all but settled, but nope. I went thru an entire repeat of the previous arguments of my warranty was only for 5 years, I didn't register my unit, my contract says I have to register, and so on.

After some time of back and forth, and once that is supposedly resolved again, I am told that they will replace my circuit board. For the labor only price of $300. WTH? Now, I looked up the cost of a new circuit board (Part # C800796P01) and was quoted prices from $49 to $69 for a BRAND NEW one. Used ones go for about $20 - $30. And that price is for an end consumer... not an AC company in the business, who should be able to buy it for even less than I can. And as for swapping it out, it took me less than 10 minutes to remove it and put it back, as it is held on my simple plastic clips and a harness plug. It literally just pulls off and presses back on. So easy a caveman could swap one out in minutes.

I would have thought that the labor charge I already paid in the amount of $350, would have applied to this, and just by the sheer embarrassment of getting it wrong the first try, taking four days to come back out, not calling me when promised, or promptly returning my multiple phone messages, All Year would have replaced the circuit board at no extra cost to me.

After all, I was charged $350 for labor only for changing out a part I did not need, and did not fix my unit. I suffered 4 additional days because All Year failed to listen to the customer or diagnose my issue properly the first time. I do not believe it is fair at all to change out part after part, without first knowing what is actually needed to fix my AC unit, and continue to charge me over and over again, hoping to eventually get it right. Heck, I could do that myself and save a fortune.

I called All Year because one, I have a warranty, and two, they are supposed to be professionals and know what they are doing. Seems to me, the warranty means nothing to them, and they have no idea what they are doing. Any idiot can continue changing out parts until they get it right. I called All Year because I didn't want just some idiot. I wanted my unit fixed properly, and fixed right the first time. That is not what I got.

So, if we review here, All Year Cooling & Heating, now wants to charge me a total of $750 for LABOR ONLY, for repairs to a unit that is still under warranty. They want to charge me this much money for an hours worth of work, just to change my circuit board, and for the labor to replace my fan motor, a part that did not need to be replaced. I can only guess that their warranty is a complete sham, as since they could not convince me that it was NOT in effect, or find some stupid loophole to get out of honoring this warranty, they instead, jack up the price of their labor, and roll the cost of the parts into their super high labor charge, in order to not really cost them anything.

I contacted several other AC companies, and asked for a quote to replace my circuit board, and gave them the part number of the board. Almost all of them stated that my cost would be the cost of the service charge plus parts. I got quotes over the phone of $89 plus the cost of the part, $150 for parts and labor, and $39 plus the part, which included a complete inspection and cleaning as well, since they were running a special. Mind you, these are AC. These are companies that did not make a fortune on me with installing an entire new AC system with only a few years earlier. These were all companies that I have NO WARRANTY with, and just cold called. The company that I supposedly have a warranty with, is by leaps and bounds, the most expensive. All Year thinks $750 for labor only for swapping out two parts that take less than a single hour total, is completely fair. Am I wrong in thinking I am being taken advantage of here?

And, for the record, as I stated above, my unit, my 8 year old, top of the line, most expensive Trane unit that I bought from All Year, brand new. This AC system has been plagued by problems since the day it was installed by All Year. It broke down multiple times. When my compressor blew up, I found out, after contacting Trane, and bringing in another AC company, that the reason my unit was blowing capacitors every 2-3 months, and required a hard start, and eventually blowing up the compressor in its 4th year, was due to improper installation. What happened was whoever installed the unit, allowed metal filings to get into the copper line, and clog the filter/dryer, which caused the compressor to have to work REALLY hard every time it started up, thus requiring a hard start just to get going. After only 4 years, the compressor couldn't handle it anymore and it blew up.

And why was this not caught by All Year? When they installed the unit brand new, and I paid them in full, and they left, later that same day, the unit quit working. It blew the capacitor on its very first day of use. A brand new, one-day old unit, installed by All Year... broke. It took them 3 days to get it running again. Then, when they installed the hard start, it finally worked. However, every 2-3 months for the first 2 years of my parts and labor warranty, I would have to call All Year out to fix the unit. And every single time, I would ask why this was happening. I was told they had no idea and to not worry about it, as the warranty covered it, so why should I care.

I replied by stating that this may be okay for now, but what about when the warranty was up? I was given no answer. And when my 2 year warranty was up, I bought capacitors and hard starts by the case, and every 2-3 months, I would replace them when my unit quit working. This ticked me off, but what could I do? All Year didn't seem to care, and I wasn't about to call another AC repairman to fix a unit that was still brand new and under warranty. I simply lived with it. This problem persisted until the day the compressor blew up. Completely destroyed itself after only 4 years. I knew this was not right, but what could I do. And when it was replaced, (NOT BY ALL YEAR as they wanted over $1,800 to fix it - labor only), is when it was found out that the installation by All Year was improper.

It was discovered that when All Year installed the unit new, and cut the old lines from the old compressor, metal filings were left in the copper line. This caused the filter/dryer to clog, which put a huge strain on the compressor every single time it started up. So much so, that hard starts were required in order to just get the unit running. And when the compressor was replaced, this issue was discovered, the line was unclogged, the inline filter/dryer was replaced, and I never had to use a hard start ever again, and the unit never blew another capacitor. For the first time, no thanks to All Year, by AC was running properly and not killing itself every time the compressor kicked on.

Why was this not fixed by All Year? Why, after coming out for the umpteenth time under the first 2 year warranty period, and my questioning over and over again, what was wrong, did ALL YEAR not try to determine the actual issue and fix it? The answer is easy. It was too costly and/or the techs had no care to even bother trying. It was easier and cheaper to simply replace the capacitors and get thru the 2 year warranty and be done with me. After that, it was on my dime, so who cared. And of course, every time I would call in, All Year would send a different tech, so no one ever really bothered to see the pattern here, or get interested in helping fix this once and for all.

So, here I am. All Year has not called me back. They refuse to acknowledge my 10 year parts warranty at every turn, appear to be charging me incredibly high labor fees to offset the cost of the parts warranty, so that my warranty is really no warranty at all. Am I being taken advantage of here? Is this really seem fair? Is this what is to be expected from an honest AC company? Does it appear to anyone but me that my warranty seems to be no warranty at all? Any and all help is greatly appreciated. As it is now, I no longer feel I can trust All Year Cooling and Heating. They seem more interested in money money and more money than they do in upholding their warranty or actually taking care of their customer. What do you guys think?

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

My friend had her air conditioner put in by All Year and she recommended them to me. I had a total replacement of my air conditioner. The rep who I spoke with was wonderful. He didn’t try and sell me anything I didn’t need. He didn’t try and upgrade me to some bigger unit as well. He just explained to me what I needed, and it was comparable to what I had. He was an all-around great guy. He stayed on top of it if I had any problems because initially, I had to have some of my ducts sealed because it was leaking water from the old air conditioner and onto the floor. He was tremendous.

The installers who came were great, too. They were professional, courteous and kept everything neat and clean. They wiped their feet and kept the door closed. It was indeed a great experience. After the service, I'm not slipping in a puddle of water anymore. It's negligible but I appreciated the wonderful service. Someone also texted me and told me that everything was going to turn out okay because we failed my first inspection from the city. All Year came right back out and fixed everything the city needed to be fixed. If others are looking for a good unit with courteous service and follow-up, they should go to All Year. I'll definitely recommend All Year.

Eva,
Thank you very much for your review and I'm glad that each experience with our team members was a positive one! Please reach out if you have any other questions or concerns.

Tommy

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

We called All Year when we had an issue with our AC at the office. Everybody was very nice and their technicians came out quickly. It was right after the hurricane, so the response time was great. We got a new unit and it was wonderful. If I ever have an issue at my own home, I'm calling them.

Debbie,

Thank you for your review! We're glad that everything is up and running again after the hurricane and please reach out if there's anything else we can assist with.

Tommy Smith

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

We've been using All Year Cooling for years and they were amazing. All I can say is great things about them. My daughter was getting married on a Saturday and Monday before that the air conditioning started not working. I had everybody in my house because she was getting ready there and Sunday I had a gathering of like 60 people.

All Year Cooling came on Monday twice and they sent the expert on the thermostat and the expert on the docks. They would come on some days twice because they realized the importance. Finally at Thursday night it was decided that there was no other option. We were all talking directly to the owner. We had his personal phone. My husband was talking to him and it was decided that a new unit was going to be installed and that they were going to push somebody else. The next morning they installed the new unit and the wedding was saved. They really understood the crisis that we were at.

Ana,
First, congrats on the wedding! And second, thank you for taking the time to submit a review. I'm happy to hear that everything worked out for you. Please reach out if you need any further assistance.

Tommy Smith

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

All Year Cooling is fantastic. They serviced our five-year old air conditioning unit. Their guy was here a month ago and he changed a little thing in it that wasn't functioning. He's an awesome good guy with a great attitude and was in and out in half an hour. My wife was impressed by their great service. She has actually called the owner on his cellphone and he picked up. We have already recommended All Year to our friends.

Alex,
Thank you for your review! We're glad to hear that your service was a good experience and also thank you for your referrals, we really appreciate it! Check out our Cool Cash Rewards Club on our site and you can be rewarded for your referrals too. If you have any questions please reach out to me.

Tommy Smith

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

My neighbor had a great experience with All Year Cooling so I went with them. I have two units in my current home, which I use all the time, and another unit in my mom’s home. The reps I’ve interacted with were excellent. They responded and kept checking to make sure that a representative was on his way to the house. And we really enjoyed that I can reach the owner if I have any questions or specific needs. The team that worked on the installation was great too. Now, my house is more efficiently cooled. All Year Cooling have excellent service and good prices and I always recommend them.

Rachel,
Thank you for leaving a review! I'm so happy to hear that each interaction has been a positive one. Please reach out if you need any further assistance.

Tommy Smith

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

All Year did a good job with my neighbor so I gave them a try. I needed a repair and they were the only one who responded the same day to send somebody out. I called customer service to set up an appointment and the repair guy was fine. The repair was done correctly the first time, so I couldn't ask for anything more.

Dominick,
Thank you for your review! We're glad to hear that your repair went well. Please reach out if we can be of further assistance.

Tommy Smith

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

All Year Cooling and Heating installed our new air conditioning unit. The sales reps and the installation team were very nice and professional. After hurricane Irma, we came back to a broken AC unit so we called it in and All Year tried to do whatever they could as soon as possible. They repaired the unit.

Martello,
Thank you for your review! We're glad everything is up and running after the Hurricane as well.

Tommy Smith

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I've used All Year Cooling for years and my experience has been great. Their representatives were kind and courteous and the installation team was fine. I would recommend them.

Janet,
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review!
Regards,

Tommy Smith

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

Three years ago, our air conditioner went out the day before Christmas Eve. I went to the phonebook and picked All Year Cooling and Heating, and it turned out to be the best thing I’d ever done. They came out on Christmas Eve and installed a new air conditioner. The one we had was 17 years old and we were low on finances at the time. They carried the note for us and no interest for a year. Then they came back out on Christmas Day to check a small leak that came up. We've referred them to eight people in our community because they were so good. The sales reps were very polite, kind, fast, efficient, did a great job and knowledgeable about what they were doing. So, I’ve had no complaints with the whole company.

My house stays cool all the time and I haven’t had ups and downs with it, so we’ve been pleased with the unit. The owner is very polite. We’re impressed that he points out in some of his brochures that if you aren’t pleased, you call him directly which most owners don’t do. He gives you his number that if you need to talk to the president. They do follow-ups on their work and on their people. If everybody conducted their business like All Year Cooling, we would have a lot of good businesses. The experience was perfect and it couldn’t be better.

Paulette,
Thank you so much for the review and thank you for trusting us with helping your friends and family! We're glad to hear that your unit is still running well. As always, please reach out if you have any questions.

Tommy Smith

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

All Year Cooling was a great company. I searched and a lot of companies came to the house but nobody gave me the prices All Year gave me. I got Trane A/Cs with nice high SEERs for under $7000 for two and everybody else was giving me prices at $5000 each. They also had a promotion where if you recommend someone they would give you $100 bucks. That’s a good program they have.

The service was done very quickly and professionally too. Then when I had a little problem with something, I called them and they would have sent somebody even in a big storm. I told them to send technicians in the morning instead which they did and they took care of the problem. They seemed like they knew what they were doing and were very pleasant and easy to work with. They also have a nice warranty. They gave us two years for parts and labor and they gave 10 years on the air conditioner for the company.

Otilio,
Thank you very much for your review! We're happy to offer the lowest possible prices because it gets HOT in South Florida. I'm glad that you find benefits in each of our programs and we are thankful for your future referrals!

Tommy Smith

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I worked in the industry and I heard about All Year Cooling & Heating from one of my colleagues. The reps were very knowledgeable and friendly and I’ve had the unit for about three weeks now. Since having my unit installed, everything has been working well.

Lenny,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review! We're glad that everything is working well and that your experience was a good one.

All Year Cooling expert review by ConsumerAffairs

All Year Cooling installs, maintains and repairs air conditioning units in South Florida. Since 1973, it has performed more than 150,000 HVAC installations.

• Same day service and installation: Customers can request same-day services, including installation and repairs. This can come in handy if you need your air conditioning system repaired quickly.

• Offers both installation and repair services: Consumers can work with the same company for both installation and repairs. This allows the customer to develop a relationship with the contractor.

• Offers coupons and discounts for families: Private homeowners can often save money when installing or repairing a system from this company. Be sure to check their website to see if they are offering any current promotions.

• State and county licensing and insurance: Repair and installation contractors are all licensed by the state of Florida and insured by All Year Cooling.

• Offers financing: Customers who can't pay for an HVAC system all at once may be eligible for a financing plan. All Year Cooling partners with Wells Fargo, Citi Financial and TD Bank to offer financing options to qualified customers. The plans range from 6 to 60 months.

• Best for: homeowners in South Florida.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

Fort Lauderdale
FL
www.allyearcooling.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business