Lindstrom Air Conditioning & Plumbing

Compare HVAC Contractors and Repair

Research top HVAC Contractors and Repair recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Robin did an excellent job - very professional, courteous, friendly. I recommend that anyone with a plumbing issue would do well to ask specifically for him. His "personal code" with Lindstrom is **.

I called on a Thursday morning about 8:30 a.m. and told them my AC was not running. Not just not cooling, no motor running. They said they would put me on the "urgent" list, probably because I am in late 70s. They did not give me a time window but said they would have someone there that day. I called between 4 and 5 and was told the technician was in the town north and I would be next. I called again around 6:30 to ask where he was and was told not to worry he would be there. I called again right before dark around 7:45 and asked for an update and, again, was told I "was next".

At 9:30 p.m. I got a call and was told they would come but there would be an extra $125 evening fee that goes into effect after 9 p.m. and the technician was in the same town I was told at 4:30. I canceled the call and am very unhappy at what seems like a scam or bait and switch that I was promised all day that I was "next" until it became late enough that they would charge another fee. I have used them for several years but will never use them again.

I purchased a 3T Carrier AC through Lindstrom at TOP dollar and bought into their yearly service - $169/year. Carrier gives 10 year parts guarantee and Lindstrom's warranty was for labor. For the first year or two, they came out twice a year as stated in their contract. I purchased extra "ultraviolet" lights for inside the close for the air handler. Then, there was a big void. No service, no calls, no written notifications, nothing. I had paid for the service contract but they never scheduled any appointments and when I finally realized this I called them. They didn't come out until I called after that year was up. Last year, same thing, I paid and they, once again, never came out until I called after that year was up.

This year when I received their renewal notice I called - again - because they have not been here in a year and 2 months. Every time I called about the previous year of getting absolutely NO service, they asked if I got a postcard from them. The answer was NO. Now they want us, the customers, to make appointments 6 months in advance because they cannot figure out how to keep accurate service records for their clients. I asked them for a refund for the services I paid for and never got over the last 2 years. The answer was NO. I asked for a credit for this upcoming year because of getting no service for the last 2 years and the answer was NO.

They did cut my bill in half and gave me some double talk about giving me two extra services "soon" trying to tell me that the 2 services I just scheduled for this coming week and six months from now, were for prior year(s). Huh? Be very careful doing business with this company. YOU WILL PAY TOP DOLLAR FOR THE EQUIPMENT AND $169 PER YEAR FOR SERVICE YOU NEVER GET! I would never have purchased through them if I had any idea this would happen. They more or less threaten you that your guarantee will be voided if you don't take their service agreement. Their claims of providing excellent are out and out fraud! I will be looking at another company for service as soon as I can figure out if the parts guarantee is transferable to another service provider.

I called Lindstrom Air because my AC was leaking. It ended up having four different technicians come within a week, each giving different diagnoses, discrediting prior technician work and diagnoses and having me to continue to order different purportedly broken AC parts which then next technician says are not broken. Each tech tries to upsell you to buy parts that cost a fortune. A simple repair for $180 turned into $1,150. Be very careful of this company. I called management, who never returned my calls. I can't believe they are still in business.

First technician, Eddy, cleared my drain line. He then attempted to upsell me a 1-yr maintenance service agreement of a system that only lasts 10 years when my AC is nearly at 10 years, which he knew. Eddy did not properly fix the issue. The AC continued to leak. I called Lindstrom again next day. Customer service was extremely rude and refused to give me an estimated time of arrival. 6-7 hours later I called Lindstrom to notify them I have a baby and that the technician needs to call me to give me notice and do not ring doorbell. No call, he rang doorbell at night, woke up a very upset baby. It was around 9 pm. This was Peter.

Peter tells us our AC has a cracked pan. We told Peter to please notify the office to cancel our service agreement because we dislike how the prior technician misdiagnosed the problem and lost faith in the company. Peter had to order a part. So AC still not properly fixed after two technicians. Third technician John who also showed up hours later than estimated time from Lindstrom. He tried to upsell us even more. He also claimed the inside and outside coils were leaking oil and needed to be replaced. John said since two months left on warranty of our AC, we should use our warranty to replace the parts. Lindstrom by the way calls American Standard to get the parts at we don't know what price, and then they tell us each part is $750 even under our warranty for labor. John also lied to my husband saying he was at our home since 1:30 when he did not arrive until 3 pm.

After March 9 with John, I called Lindstrom and asked to speak with a manager. They put me through to voicemail. I left a voicemail saying I'm extremely disappointing in how they train their technicians, each diagnosing different things and then discrediting the previous diagnosis. Each technician tries to upsell you something you don't need. Finally Dwayne came to the house. He said the Pan was cracked, but no inside or outside coils needed to be replaced, which is what John said was wrong and tried to upsell us $1,150. So in sum, each technician must be making some sort of commission on lying to their customers to upsell them on products and repairs that are not needed. Lindstrom is also falsifying and being dishonest to American Standard as the are putting through parts that aren't broken.

We were told our first check for the service agreement in the amount of $328 was cashed and too late to cancel it. They offered us a credit towards the total repair of $755, leaving a balance of $427, which we also paid. 3 weeks later they claim the initial deposit was in fact voided and we still owe $328.00 for labor. We feel completely dissatisfied with the service and how the situation was handled and unacceptable to charge $755 for a cracked pan which costs less than $20 in parts. Please help us get obtain a refund and put a stop to them upselling and putting through false warranty claims.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Lindstrom Air has been offering installation and repair services since 1975. It offers service throughout Florida and is focused on creating higher efficiency HVAC systems.

• Offers coupons and discounts: Consumers can get cleanings and other services at lower prices through the company's website.
  • 10-year warranty on parts and labor: All repairs are guaranteed for 10 years, giving users peace of mind.
  • Lots of guarantee options: There are money-back guarantees, comfort guarantees, and efficiency guarantees.
  • Offers an online "Ask the Expert" feature: Users can get information about HVAC systems online or ask questions.
  • Offers financing on both new systems and repairs: Consumers can make their HVAC system fit their budgets with financing options.
  • Best for People with health problems and landlords.

Compare HVAC Services