Find a Heating and Cooling Systems partner

Help me decide

2.7/5 (27 ratings)
Find a Heating and Cooling Systems partner

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Lindstrom Air Conditioning & Plumbing

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Lindstrom Air Conditioning & Plumbing Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lindstrom Air Conditioning & Plumbing?

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

I received excellent service when Lindstrom Air was contacted to service my air conditioner. When it is 90 degrees outside and your AC shuts down you can depend on Lindstrom! I was able to schedule a tech to come out same day and find the problem. He was professional, polite and kept me informed of the problem & fix. I thank you for having such a fine staff that sure makes my life better knowing I can depend on this great service.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

If you want to be totally ripped off and treated like total crap then I would recommend you call Lindstrom. The repair man - Rocky (something like that) - was beyond rude. My a/c was not working and he came in, looked at my a/c and said it was my motor and it would be $1800 plus and he did not have the part and said it would be a minimum of 3 days or up to 30 days.

I said what will I do with no a/c for that long and he said to buy a window unit at Home Depot and return it, once I got the motor working. I would of agreed to it, as I was scared and desperate for the a/c to work but his attitude was so out of control that I paid him for the $45 for the service call and threw him out. I called someone else, they a brand new motor the following day (on a Saturday no less) and charged me 25% of what Linstrom quoted me and there was no extra charges and no contracts to lock me in. And, the man was so nice....$450 total....this is a real review. I find this criminal!

Get buying tips about Heating and Cooling Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

Lindstrom was very quick to answer and set up a same day appointment and that's about the only good experience I had with them. I had an AC issue where the compressor was no longer working on a 10-year Trane system, so I had a good feeling it was some type of start/run capacitor that was faulty. The technician arrived and quickly determined that it was not a good sign that no hot air was being expelled from the outside condensing unit. He hooked up his diagnostic equipment and determined that indeed one of the capacitors was bad as he temporarily hooked up a spare device and the system began to cool.

He proceeded to explain that the cost to replace the capacitors would exceed $1k and that he recommended that I replace the unit because a blown capacitor is a sign of an aging system. He also stated that he had to order the parts directly from Trane, which would take about 2-3 days so I would have to make do with no AC until then. In my mind I'm thinking, (1) Why couldn't he use a temporary part to hold me over until the Trane parts came in or (2) find a suitable aftermarket replacement. He pushed to consider replacing the system, so I paid him for the visit and promptly contacted another repair company through Home Advisor. 2-hours later the technician arrived and determined the same problem as the Lindstrom tech and replaced the capacitor for less than $200.

I'm truly disappointed in the Lindstrom tech and believe he could have done more to fix the unit instead of, in my opinion holding me over a barrel, leaving me no option to replace the system. I will now identify the capacitors needed for my system and obtain spares for less than $30 for emergencies. Moral of the story is to always get a second option if your gut is telling you something isn't right.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

Tech was attentive and knowledgeable; explained everything; completed work on a timely basis; repair was completed on time and quickly; explained everything well; never disappointed with Lindstrom service.

Original review: July 13, 2020

Would not use Lindstrom again in an emergency situation. They took 7 hours to get here, and still charged hundreds in emergency/father-hour fees. Total cost was $876 to fix a busted pipe, despite handling the emergency with a complete lack of urgency, which resulted in unnecessary damage. On the plus side, the plumber they sent was professional and courteous.

Original review: April 21, 2020

We contracted with Lindstrom Air to service and maintain our AC units (3 units - 4-6 years old). They did not honor the number of visits as per their service contract, in fact we have not been contacted in nearly 1 year except to receive a "renewal invoice". Of the 3 service visits provided by their tech's the first 2 years, we received totally conflicting reports on the conditions/upgrades required for our units, ranging from in "good shape" to several thousand dollars of repairs.

Shortly after their last service visit, one of our units froze in the attic, then leaked into our ceiling, damaging both the ceiling and hardwood floors beneath. We urgently brought in another HVAC service organization, who discovered that Lindstrom's tech had installed incorrect parts (condensation valve), causing the units to freeze up. Needless to say, aside from the very first visit, every experience with this organization was unprofessional (and costly). I am not in the habit of offering negative reviews, but in this case am compelled to do so - please seek other vendors.

Original review: March 10, 2020

Ken was on time and did an excellent job. He opened up & completely checked out the compressor, the air handler, cleaned out the drain lines & added chemicals to keep them clean, checked the coolant.... It was a comprehensive Maintenance and checking of the entire heating, cooling system. He was highly competent and the most thorough Technician I have seen and I was impressed.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

Lindstrom Plumbing did a great job when we remodeled our bathroom. They were on-time, friendly, and VERY informative. Later, we discovered a water leak and Lindstrom came out VERY fast and directed us exactly how to handle it. Then, they came to fix it the NEXT Day! Now, everything is fine.

Original review: July 23, 2019

I called Lindstrom for a quote on a new air conditioner -- Steve, the salesperson, came out and was fantastic (he inspected everything - even went in the attic -- went over every little detail and no pressure). I went with Lindstrom because of Steve. The crew showed up to install the new Trane air conditioner and did a fabulous job. Everyone was so friendly and Glenn, who is very knowledgeable, made sure everything was perfect and it was. This is definitely a company that scores a perfect 10!!

Original review: March 31, 2019

This is another review on Lindstrom AC. They installed a second Trane unit 5 ton in same home as first 3 ton, Mike detailed the job and set up installers for 9am on Monday. Then at 855am the Richard team showed up, Richard, Jason and Tyler, I thought they missed the high school bus. They were again incredible, clean, detailed, organized, courteous, they covered all carpets floors and finished with a perfect 10. They are the best team I have ever seen, “I love those guys.”

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I have used Lindstrom Air because they installed both our original A/C units which were Trane, we have since replaced one of them with a Carrier unit, I was disappointed that they could not tell me (I spoke with a lady named Kats) if the A/C units installed by them are compatible with the NEST programmable thermostat without charging me to come out and look at the unit for $89.00. I have the model numbers and brand, however, they do too, it just seems as though they can tell you over the phone if their units are compatible. One of my A/C units are 24 years old and will soon need replacing and I absolutely will not go through them for that reason. I did not find their service any better than other people that I have used and customer service is a priority to me.

Lindstrom Air Conditioning & Plumbing author review by Shawn Bayless

Lindstrom Air Conditioning & Plumbing is a home service and repair company in South Florida. In business since 1975, it offers a variety of HVAC services along with plumbing to keep your home running smoothly.

• Offers coupons and discounts: Consumers can get cleanings and other services at lower prices through the company's website. Lindstrom regularly publishes high-value discount coupons and promotions online, so be sure to check the website for current deals.

• 10-year warranty on parts and labor: Lindstrom stands behind the products they install. When Lindstrom installs a new system in your home, they guarantee it for 10 years. If it fails as a result of a manufacturer’s defect, they will replace or repair it free of charge.

• Guarantees satisfaction and performance: In addition to the manufacturer defect warranty, Lindstrom offers additional guarantees to give you peace of mind. If you’re not satisfied with a system installed by Lindstrom within one year, they will replace, repair or remove it and refund you 100 percent.

• Online "Ask the Expert" feature: Lindstrom’s experts offer a free Q&A service online. You can submit any question related to your heating, cooling or plumbing system and receive a personal response from a technician within a few days.

• Offers financing on new systems and repairs: In addition to accepting payment via credit cards, cash and traditional financing options, Lindstrom has partnered with Wells Fargo to offer financing through the Carrier credit card. This financing option allows you to spread out payments over 60 months.

by Shawn Bayless Heating and Cooling Systems Expert

Shawn Bayless is an experienced HVAC mechanical design engineer and project manager with a unique perspective and knowledge of heating and cooling systems. He has worked for some of the top contractors in Oklahoma and is highly skilled in design layouts, project estimation and planning and construction.

Lindstrom Air Conditioning & Plumbing Company Information