Lindstrom Air Conditioning & Plumbing

Stars Rating

• 1%
  • 99%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lindstrom Air Conditioning & Plumbing?

Customer Service

Reviewed March 29, 2024

This company is money hungry. They show up but are quick to defer work and charge $99 dispatch fee regardless. Dispatch does not ask the right questions to do the job and many times will need to return another day with additional helpers. Customer service is more about lip service than making customers happy and returning. Seek other vendors.

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed Feb. 7, 2024

My 87 year old mom called to have her dryer vent cleaned. She can’t see very good after the stroke. They quoted her one price for two hours but charged her for 5.5 hours over $1000. She over paid and they knew it. When I called they lied about the time spent there. They said they did work they never did. She might have a hard time see but she is still on the ball.

Get buying tips about Heating and Cooling Systems delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Price

Reviewed Jan. 30, 2024

They want to charge me $99 “dispatch” fee to send someone to give me a quote for replacement water heater! Unbelievable. I definitely will not get a quote from them. No other company wants to charge to give a quote. I also have an issue with their AC maintenance. They want to charge me an extra $300 to send an extra man as to get to the roof they will need to use extension ladder. No problem with safety but to charge an extra $300 on top of $129 for regular maintenance is a total rip off and money grab. I bought my AC from them 6 yrs ago and have it regularly serviced by them and they have never charged me for the extra man. Will not use them for anything!

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed Jan. 10, 2024

Lindstrom is a terrible company with disgusting customer service. They forged my signature on documents when I had to call them the day after their repair because they repaired nothing and charged me $1000. Take heed of all of these negative reviews. Workers were rude unprofessional and lazy. Representatives for the company were the same. If I could give them zero stars I would. Please go somewhere else.

Reviewed Sept. 11, 2023

My new unit was installed 2/2021 and from the beginning the wiring was crossed and I had heat not AC. 6 visits before it was fixed. I have had nothing but problems with Lindstrom and my unit keeps getting blocked up and shutting off. Lindstrom charges per visit when they should correct the issues.

Profile pic of the author.
      Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Sept. 4, 2023

I don’t even know where to begin. Air conditioning is two years old. Had a “maintenance”, checkup on a Friday. Three days later, my ceiling caved in. The drain was clogged supposedly, and it flooded and the ceiling was soaked, and with the weight of the water it just crashed out on the floor with a big hole in the ceiling, we had somebody come out and look at it, supposedly fixed the problem, I called him back an hour later because the air was still not on. That’s when he supposedly found a leak. Sold me a maintenance package. When I called the office to schedule the maintenance, I expressed how upset I was because somebody was just there three days ago and my whole ceiling was soaking wet and with the weight of the water it collapsed. I was told, "Drains get clogged, ma’am," "Really? Somebody was just there and supposedly checked everything." That’s just one of many issues I have with this company.

Do not buy an air conditioning from them. So now here it is three months later and the air conditioning is not working. Still waiting for their 24/7 -365 days of on-call repair to call me. Spend your $7000 somewhere else because my insurance company paid over $8000 to fix the ceiling, the walls with new drywall paint, which after they fixed it, they dropped me. So thanks Lindstrom. As far as their, 24/7 365 days repair they need to change that because the first time I called in a hold of my ceiling. I had to wait four days for them to come out. And now with no air-conditioning the earliest, I have to wait three days for them to come.

Installation & Setup

Reviewed Aug. 1, 2023

Do not use this company, bad company, unprofessional workmanship! Sales person sold seven grand air conditioning unit with new best thermostat “Ecobee” only to find out that thermostat has been installed is a cheap version that can’t detect overflow killswitch problem! As a result, huge leak underneath of the floorboards and tile floor must be changed!!! Management not to be found with run-around excuses. I would give zero stars if I could!!!

Customer ServiceInstallation & Setup

Reviewed July 27, 2023

I hesitate to write this, maybe they are better, DOUBT it based on my experience. Had an air handler and cooling unit installed in garage, that went well. I watch the technician through the whole visit, you should too, FIRST follow up "maintenance" service call I stepped inside the house a moment, came back and saw the technician "scraping" the aluminum tubes of the coil with a pocket knife. Clearly trying to weaken the welds on the coil bend. Threw him out, called company, next month unit had a leak in the coil.

Don't use this company, paid $ 7000 for the unit, had to pay $3000 for the "coil scraping incident"...darn it, I did not film it. They hire anyone who can breathe. If you use them, WATCH THEM THE ENTIRE TIME. I use other local companies for annual maintenance. This occurred in PALM BEACH COUNTY, SOUTH FLORIDA. Follow up maintenance calls have techs showing up an hour later (appt 11:00 - 1:00) show up at 2:00. Lindstrom down here a VERY, VERY WEAK customer satisfaction rating.

Staff

Reviewed July 10, 2023

I am a long time customer of Lindstrom Air (about 16-17 years). Bought 2 new units from them. Originally the service was very good, but unfortunately this changed tremendously. I had a problem with my A/C. Different technicians came out multiple time but the problem was not fixed. Last time a technician came out Saturday June 8, 2023 and cleaned the drain line, etc. Also they gave me a $400 estimate to replace some flow switches. We tried unsuccessfully to talk with a supervisor or manager but that is not possible.

By Sunday Morning my A/C stopped working. It is very hot in West Palm Beach but the company gave an appointment for Wednesday June 12, 2023 (three days in this heat without A/C). Of course I called another company. Fortunately the technician really knew what to do. He came out immediately (June 9, 2023) and really fixed the issue. By the way flow switches are NOT required. The flow switch that I have is just fine. The A/C is working great. Is this a good service? Is this a way to retain loyal customers? I gave them 1 star but this is too high.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed June 30, 2023

Technician arrive an hour late for 2 separate appointments. First appointment, they did not complete the work on my brand new Carrier air conditioner, and was highly unprofessional calling me "mommie" numerous times. Lack of work ethics, customer service call center was rude and nasty over the phone. Highly dissatisfied by their work ethics.

Lindstrom Air Conditioning & Plumbing author review by Shawn Bayless

Lindstrom Air Conditioning & Plumbing is a home service and repair company in South Florida. In business since 1975, it offers a variety of HVAC services along with plumbing to keep your home running smoothly.

• Offers coupons and discounts: Consumers can get cleanings and other services at lower prices through the company's website. Lindstrom regularly publishes high-value discount coupons and promotions online, so be sure to check the website for current deals.

• 10-year warranty on parts and labor: Lindstrom stands behind the products they install. When Lindstrom installs a new system in your home, they guarantee it for 10 years. If it fails as a result of a manufacturer’s defect, they will replace or repair it free of charge.

• Guarantees satisfaction and performance: In addition to the manufacturer defect warranty, Lindstrom offers additional guarantees to give you peace of mind. If you’re not satisfied with a system installed by Lindstrom within one year, they will replace, repair or remove it and refund you 100 percent.

• Online "Ask the Expert" feature: Lindstrom’s experts offer a free Q&A service online. You can submit any question related to your heating, cooling or plumbing system and receive a personal response from a technician within a few days.

• Offers financing on new systems and repairs: In addition to accepting payment via credit cards, cash and traditional financing options, Lindstrom has partnered with Wells Fargo to offer financing through the Carrier credit card. This financing option allows you to spread out payments over 60 months.

by Shawn Bayless Heating and Cooling Systems Advisor

Shawn Bayless is an experienced HVAC mechanical design engineer and project manager with a unique perspective and knowledge of heating and cooling systems. He has worked for some of the top contractors in Oklahoma and is highly skilled in design layouts, project estimation and planning and construction.

Lindstrom Air Conditioning & Plumbing Company Information