2. Homeowners
  3. Appliance Stores
Accredited Partner

Edison, NJ

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.39/5

Abe’s of Maine is a family-owned electronics retailer that sells an array of discounted products, including cameras, TVs and home appliances, online and in person. The company has limited store locations, but you can shop its online inventory and get free shipping anywhere in the U.S.

Abe's of Maine Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Abe's of Maine?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Abe's of Maine?

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

I had intended to add filters to my order but was not satisfied with the selection. I struggled to find the correct filters, recommended accs came up as a 62mm filet kit but I needed 77. I found 77mm but there was no brand info. I looked for tiffen next, but you don't handle tiffen. Same issue with ring lighting also on my shopping list

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

I wish I would have found this store before I bought some other items that I found much cheaper here. Can't wait to get my new lens. I will be back to purchase more items when I need to get more items for my new photography endeavor.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

Abe's is my go-to whenever I need quality camera equipment, and they've never disappointed. This time I was offered a discount on a camera from a friend on another site. I agreed, paid, and then played the waiting game because their inventory was inaccurate and they didn't have the camera I needed. So I had to cancel, and once again, Abe's filled in where others couldn't. Quality products, quality service, and always bailing me out of a jam. You guys rock!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

The process was smooth and easy. I was able to evaluate the process and, based on what was explained to me, I made an informed judgement. This is definitely a place I would shop in the future and I would encourage shoppers to ask questions of the staff. They are very friendly and will answer your questions to your satisfaction.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

I was very glad to find a few of these items in stock that were out of stock in other places I tried. Great selection on Canon gear and best prices I've found. I'm all set and looking forward to get shooting! Thank you!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

Just placed an order for a Nikon lens. Abe's had the best price I could find, and also there was no sales tax (since I don't live in NJ) and no shipping cost. The website was easy to navigate. I'll consider Abe's for future purchases.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2021

I am pleased with my Abe's of Maine shopping experience, thus far. Prices seem reasonable. However, I just completed my online order, so I am not inclined to give a 5 star review until I receive delivery of my order.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2021

I ordered a Canon EOS R mirrorless digital camera because Abe's $1,549 price was $250 cheaper than everyone else for the camera body only. This should have been a major red flag. The next day I got an email from Michael at Abe's saying that I needed to call and verify the purchase, so I did. I was then informed that I had ordered the international version and not the US version. I said that wasn't an option on their website and that I would have never ordered an international version. He told me I was wrong and that it is there (I checked and there is no such option).

Then he asked if I wanted to order the 2 hour or 5 hour battery. I was surprised because a battery and charger is supposed to come with the camera body. He said, "No, it isn't." He also said he could sell me the camera with an accessory pack that was discounted to $1,799. This is EXACTLY the same price as the other authorized retailers like B&H Photo and Canon itself. I told him to keep the order on hold so I could investigate further.

Well, on Abe's OWN WEBSITE Abe's has this in the description for what I ordered: "Included LP-E6N rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides approximately 430 shots per charge, and in-camera charging is supported via the PD-E1 USB Power Adapter." In other words, their website is totally deceptive. I checked with Canon and found that they are not an authorized Canon dealer which makes the warranty void. Further checking showed similar bait & switch tactics used on others and this scathing review by NBC News: **. Run, don't walk away from Abe's!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2021

This was my first experience with Abe's of Maine. I Ordered the Sigma 150-600mm long lens at a great price. I have yet to receive my purchase and hope it will meet all my satisfactions. Checkout was quick and easy.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2021

Great website and very competitive prices - would recommend to anyone. Great price on Sony cameras - best of all websites we checked. Website was easy to negotiate and additional products recommended were very helpful. Don't shop anywhere else but Abe's of Maine.

Abe's of Maine Company Information