Abe's of Maine

Edison, NJ

4.4(2,050)

About Abe's of Maine

Abe’s of Maine is a family-owned electronics retailer that sells an array of discounted products, including cameras, TVs and home appliances, online and in person. The company has limited store locations, but you can shop its online inventory and get free shipping anywhere in the U.S.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Finds rebates and savings for you
  • Free shipping across the U.S.
  • Financing available
Cons
  • Not authorized by some brands
  • Refurbished products can be risky

Stars Rating

• 77%
  • 8%
  • 4%
  • 1%
  • 9%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Abe's of Maine?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Abe's of Maine?

Reviewed June 28, 2024

I’ve been wanting this camera for a while, and I think this website has a great deal for the whole camera package. I was worried about paying extra for the SD card and batteries and other things but this one only cost $100 more. I am looking forward to receiving my camera soon.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed June 27, 2024

I have had a wonderful experience in the past purchasing from Abe's of Maine. The customer service was responsive and extremely helpful. They helped me get the glass that I was looking for with no hassles. I have no doubt this time will be with same and look forward to more interactions in the future. 5/5 stars.

Reviewed June 23, 2024

That's it great price... But financing tricky. I don't even know if that was a thing for you all... Just talking about the entire experience. I am looking forward to getting my camera... Let's see how it goes. If the financing is not your gig... My bad...

PricePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed June 21, 2024

I found the item I wanted and purchased it quickly. This was my first order from this site so I am pleasantly surprised I wasn't forced to click out and opt out of a seemingly endless number of pop ups. There were no obvious traps/added charges. I paid the cost of product with no extras. Nice.

Chris increased rating by 4 stars.
    Customer ServicePrice
    After a positive interaction with Abe's of Maine, Chris increased their star rating on June 19, 2024.

Updated review: June 19, 2024

I had a representative spend the time with me and clarify that they are reaching out to the “Scalpers” to make the consumer’s life easy and not dealing with them directly. They are more of a team that does the leg work for you, right or wrong. I appreciate Jennifer clarifying for me. The gentlemen was vague that originally assisted, maybe was just overly busy.

Original Review: June 19, 2024

I tried buying a camera from abesofmaine.com. I noticed the price was a little higher but was willing to pay due to the camera being hard to find. On their site it shows available but when you select the item it says it’s released in limited quantities as a factory fresh import model. Once the order is placed, the confirmation email provides the link to check status. A day later I received an email to call them and confirm my order. I called them and was put in the queue because their call volume (Sunday). I get a call back about 6 hours later and the person told me that the domestic model comes with a warranty, battery, cables, and a memory card while the import model does not. I asked that I didn’t see the small writing that this was an import model, so I said to change the order. He told me that the price is more expensive. The price he gave me was over $1000 over MSRP with the manufacturer, so I told him I’ll stick with my order.

He tried to get me to switch but I told him not with that price. He said okay and would get it shipped out immediately. A couple days later it shows the order doesn’t exist so I inquired. I get a call back and they say that the model I ordered is on back order but they have the US model for $1000 more but it’s ready to ship. I said that this is typical scalping and that I’m not that desperate. They then said that it’s the price their “vendors” are charging them so they have to charge higher. I canceled my order altogether due to this issue. It’s these type of companies that buy out products or deal with “Vendors” that does so and the consumers suffer with lengthy back orders and scalping such as this situation.

Reviewed June 18, 2024

They offer the best equipment, at the best price, with the best service. I ordered a Sony a7cii from them and had a wonderful experience. The order shipped right away and I even got a phone call to confirm my purchase and if I needed anything else. The next day I gave them my service again by ordering a lens to go with it, because the price was just unbeatable.

Reviewed June 17, 2024

Wasn't on the site but for 10 mins-- you guys had a price I could live with on the specials from Father's day. Thank you and I'll send photos when the camera arrives. All in all a good experience. Now if the camera is good, I'll be super-happy!!

Reviewed June 17, 2024

I purchased my first SLR from Abe's of Maine in 2004. I am glad to purchase my newest camera from them again. I hope I don't face warranty problems or need to return the equipment otherwise. And we should be good. Will happily refer to a friend.

Reviewed June 13, 2024

So far so good. I placed the order easily and hoping my camera will be delivered in a week. This is a difficult to acquire camera which is backordered elsewhere and price on Abes seems fair. However the order process forces one onto review site and it was unclear whether was a review is necessary to complete order. The site should make clear that this is voluntary.

Reviewed June 11, 2024

I find your website online and randomly. I hope I'm lucky. Your price is the lowest one I found. The process is pretty strait forward and fast and clear. This is the first time I purchased here. I don't know how you before, but I hope I can get the one I want. Thank you.

Reviewed June 9, 2024

What a crazy, crazy, CRAZY selection of different equipment this shop offers. Is the best in the biz. I found a 12-24/f4 Sony G lens for more than 500 dollars cheaper than competitors. I would absolutely recommend this website and business to a friend of mine. Thanks for allowing me to start a business! I got most of my equipment from you guys and saved over 1,300 dollars in total!

Customer ServiceCoverage

Reviewed June 5, 2024

I purchased a camera lens for almost $1,500 from Abe's of Maine also known as Westpark Electronics LLC. Beware, they are not an authorized Sony dealer under either name. They do not honor Sony's manufacturer warranty. They have you purchase an "extended warranty" and use that coverage if something is to happen to your Sony product within the first year. I recently had a large particle appear under the lens and upon contacting them to question the manufacturer warranty they jumped to the assumption that I had dropped the lens or some type of accidental damage had occurred and warned me I should upgrade my "extended warranty" to cover said accidental damage.

I am so careful with my equipment, I never lay my lens/camera on the ground, or let anyone use it. There is no accidental damage. I am highly disappointed with this company and I would never use them again to purchase anything. Their customer service was rude, speaking over me and wouldn't listen to my question about the manufacturer warranty. Which now I understand why, they are not an authorized dealer. Save your time, shop elsewhere.

Reviewed June 5, 2024

Great check out process. I love this company! I am in dire of need of affordable equipment and you were there for me as a customer. Soon I will be shooting vlogs across the country. I am excited! Peace out. This will be very helpful toward my career and I think that sooner than later I will be as famous as I always intended to be. Saving at the beginning of your career makes you a better creator later on in your career.

Reviewed June 5, 2024

My online purchase experience was pretty straightforward and easy. There were a couple of hiccups but for the prices it's totally worthwhile. The hiccups included some website errors after applying for credit and not being clear that the Abe's of Maine credit from Synchrony is not an instant credit that can be used right away at point of sale but rather you need to wait for a physical card to be delivered first.

Ease of Use

Reviewed June 3, 2024

It was so so so super easy to use the website, and I had a great experience with it. Thank you so so so so so much. I had such an easy time with everything. I am so excited to try out my camera, and use it all this summer!

Reviewed May 31, 2024

I bought the Canon lenses RF 18-150mm for a really good price, I really enjoyed using these lenses. They make a huge difference in the quality of photos. Considering the price of the lenses they are very worth buying and will most likely last for a long time in the future.

Sales & MarketingPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed May 30, 2024

It is a scam company.... They do not have what they advertise. Try to get you to buy something else. Should be illegal. Total waste of precious time. The only way they can stay in business are fake reviews.

Reviewed May 26, 2024

I was able to order with ease. Also was able to buy at a much lower price than listed by other companies. The only down side is that it did not come with a lens hood that I felt should have been included with the lens. So will have to order it separately.

Reviewed May 21, 2024

Very easy to order and the item was in stock! I searched a few websites and all others did not have the item in stock. Navigating this site was easy and I was able to confirm the details of what I wanted per the description and specifications on the listing.

Reviewed May 20, 2024

IF SOMETHING IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT'S MOST LIKELY NOT TRUE. This is exactly what happened to me and I see multiple reviews with exactly same experience. I bought Fx3 camera and it mentioned that audio top handle is included … Camera was new list price $3,898.00 anywhere else with some accessories like charger, batteries and top audio handle (worth $450). They make you believe You Save $769.00 (20% off) selling camera for the Price of $3,129.00 but you getting naked camera without anything at all… Then they call you asking what battery you want… what other accessories you need, also top audio handle that cost over $400 is not included either … Don't believe what you see. They attracting clients on cheap price. Also camera is posted as in stock and guy told me it’s 2 months backordered. I believe they opening google accounts to write positive reviews to themselves here.

PricePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed May 15, 2024

I love Abe's of Maine because they have almost everything I need, often at a much lower price, they ship quickly, and I've never had anything but the best service with them. I am a repeat customer and will keep coming back every time I need anything for my photo and video needs.

Customer ServiceSales & Marketing

Reviewed May 13, 2024

Avoid Abe's of Maine at all costs. They display predatory business practices, and will bait and switch, upsell, and lie their way into making money. Save yourself the headache, and buy from a well known business! Just so everyone knows. Abe's of Maine is not an authorized dealer for ANY major camera company. Canon, Sony, Nikon, Fujifilm, Olympus, none have AOM listed in their authorized vendor lists. I bought a Canon Flash for professional photography. They shipped me a cheaper, lesser, and discontinued model. They refused to send me a prepaid shipping label for a return and refund. The customer service phone is never answered. I managed to contact someone from Sales who said "we don't provide shipping labels" and hung up. Terrible business practices, awful customer service, fake advertising. Be advised.

Customer Service

Reviewed May 10, 2024

I had a problem with the last order that I got. The camera have focusing problems. I’m giving a second chance. I don’t understand why the Customer Service didn’t try to help me with that, but it was their decision.

Reviewed May 10, 2024

I was so happy to find this Sony AS7iii camera at such a great price and the ordering process was super easy. It has been a while since I've ordered from Abe's, glad I found them again! I highly recommend you check them out. Thanks Abe's of Maine!

::: Andy

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingPrice

Reviewed May 8, 2024

I have read a lot of the reviews of Abe's of Maine on this website. I think if you read the low reviews carefully -- particularly the 1 Star reviews -- that's where the "truth" is. Abe's of Maine are scammers. Once you place your order, Mike will call you and try and upsell you to something more costly. He'll tell you that you selected the model that offers no accessories. Then he'll try and move you into something more expensive. If you've ever been to Times Square and visited the electronics shops there, that's the Abe's of Maine model. Don't trust them with your money.

Pay a little more and be confident buying from B&H, where you get 30 days to return your item, or Best Buy, where you get the item you're looking for. No one should be calling you after you make a purchase to tell you you've bought the wrong item and you need something more expensive. That's a "bait and switch" tactic and high pressure to boot. Save yourself the aggravation and don't be seduced by Abe's misleading lower prices.

Michael

Also camera says its in stock and guy told me its 2 months back ordered….

Ease of Use

Reviewed May 7, 2024

Easy to navigate, and ended up getting a great deal! PayPal support would be nice, but other than that, everything was great. Also, could be worth mentioning, but I received an email on the update of the purchase as soon as it was registered, so it seems keeping an update shouldn't be an issue. Would definitely recommend.

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed May 7, 2024

Hi Everyone! I'll be as factual as possible in this review. On April 10, 2024 I tried to purchase a Sony 70-200MM F2.8 lens from Abe's of Maine. The lens was actually cheaper than other stores like my trustworthy Adorama or B&H, but more importantly, they offer a up to 6 month interest free purchase if you apply to their Credit Card with Synchrony (this lens is very expensive). I went ahead, applied for the credit card and got accepted, and finalized the purchase.

I was happy as a clam with my dream lens, but next day I received a call from Abe's of Maine. At first, this person asks me, "Do you want the international version or the US version of the lens." I ask, "What is the difference? Before purchasing I reviewed every option and made sure that the lens is original," he answered, "Yes, the lens is original, but the international version doesn't include Tripod Collar and Hood." That was never a clear option when purchasing the lens, but after some back and forth I ask, "What is the difference in price?" "Well, the difference was gigantic, probably an additional 800 dollars (I don't remember exactly) but made the lens more expensive than Adorama!" So I replied, "Ok, I want the international version then." He then says, "The lens is not in stock, I'm going to cancel your purchase and tried to end the call." I yelled to stop him from hanging up on me, then I ask what my options are, I explained that I got a credit card for this purchase, he simply said, "I'll call you back when the Lens is back in stock." That was a month ago.

Now friends, if you are reading this, and you are planning to buy something from this store that looks to good to be true, well... IT'S NOT!!! These people made my Credit Score go down because of a hard pull on my credit to get their credit card, which I haven't even activated. The salesperson was rude. They offer things that are not in stock, and they push you to buy something way more expensive.

Reviewed May 3, 2024

Everything good, navigation through your online store is straightforward, very good. You say you have it in stock and I hope you are telling me the truth because I needed ASAP for a trip to Europe the next week. This camera was backordered on lots of places and you have it in stock. Thanks.

PriceProcess

Reviewed May 1, 2024

I liked the fact that I found my product at a very good price. I thank the folks at AOM for making the checkout process a breeze! If there was anything that I would change, hmmmm, I don't think I would change anything. I would definitely shop here again the near future. I think you guys need to carry some Freewell products as well.

Reviewed April 30, 2024

Good so far. Just placed order. Awaiting arrival of camera and lens. Liked the price. Website was Ok, descriptions of equipment was good. Looking forward to using the camera and lens for wildlife photography. Been using a Nikon slr and same length lens and found it great to go hiking with - not too heavy but photographs of more quality than a point-and-shoot.

Abe's of Maine Company Information