2. Homeowners
  3. Appliance Stores
Accredited Partner

Edison, NJ

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.37/5

Abe’s of Maine was founded in 1979 as a small, family owned electronics retailer in Maine. We have since grown into different states in the northeast region, but our commitment to our customers and outstanding customer service has not changed.

Providing for our customers is our top priority. Our knowledgeable staff is waiting to help you find the right electronics to meet your needs.

Abe's of Maine Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Abe's of Maine?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Abe's of Maine?

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

After a terrible experience with a competitor I began searching for an alternate place to order my camera. Abe’s price was substantially lower and I was able to get 2 day shipping for free. I’m excited to receive my camera and so thankful for the easy ordering process and fantastic pricing!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

I ordered a camera lens online, then received an email to call and verify my order. When I called, the lens I wanted was an "import" lens, and not in stock. But we have the U.S. version in stock for a little more money. So my price went from $849 to $1099. He also did not explain the fact they were not an authorized Tamron distributor (my bad for not doing more research).

So, even though they sell **** brands, the products they sell are considered "Grey Market", meaning you cannot get any warranty service through the manufacturer. You have to deal with a third party. Had I properly done my research, I could've got Factory Authorized parts from more reputable dealers for the same amount of money, and would've received the factory warranty. For me, it's generally for peace of mind to have a factory warranty, lesson learned. Do your research and but from reputable, factory authorized dealers.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

I bought my first AF camera, a Pentax PZ10 from Abe's in 1992 from an advertisement in Shutterbug magazine. When My camera arrived, I opened the package and instead of a PZ10 I got a PZ20!!! I called customer service to tell them about the error and they said "since this is our fault and the price difference is only X$. Just keep that camera and enjoy it." I've been a loyal fan ever since. Never had a bad experience with you.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

I remained quite impressed by the loyalty and the variety of items on this website. It was a great experience to purchase my photo camera for this price. I am a new fan and will always make my items checking first on these web pages.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2020

I've been searching for a 200-500mm lens for my Nikon during covid-19, after renting the lens a while back, with no success with everything shut down until finding Abe's of Maine. Prices are spot on to competitors. I can't wait to receive my lens.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

Quality products at reasonable prices, so I returned for a second purchase for a camera lens, hopefully the shipping will be faster this time. I usually receive shipments faster from being 1 state away. Regardless the product arrive as stated in good condition.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

I needed to order a prime 35mm for my D500. Your website made it easy. In fact Adam just called to verify the order and I appreciate the courtesy phone call. I would recommend Abe's of Maine to anyone. Thank you!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

I wanted to buy a Canon EOS R camera, which is currently being sold by others (Canon, Amazon, B&H, Adorama) for $1799. The only problem was that I needed a lens mount adapter to be able to use my lenses with the camera, and this particular item was on 4-6 week backorder. LUCKILY (and I use that term facetiously) Abe’s had the lens mount adapter in stock AND was having a Labor Day Sale so the camera would be $200 cheaper;).... Except it wasn’t, because I received a phone call within minutes to be told that I would need to pay extra for the battery, charger, and camera strap. And since I was doing that I might as well get the regular “boxed” product (which I assumed to mean the $1799 product that everyone else was selling). I’m embarrassed that I was tricked into paying extra for things that were already included, so ultimately paid $210 over Canon’s current list price.

So stupid, but I would have forgiven myself (and them) if I’d received a fabulous product. What I received, though, was a grey market camera (no warranty) that arrived after clunking across the country in a unpadded “box” inside a much bigger unpadded “box” (i.e. definitely not the usual Canon packaging). It miraculously seems to work OK, but I’m nervous this won’t last and I’ll be stuck without a warranty. I cannot believe that these people (apparently) have been doing this for years and years and are getting away with it! Moral of the story - never ever ever buy something from someone not a authorized Canon (or Nikon, Sony, etc) dealer. And DEFINITELY never buy anything from Abe’s of Maine.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

I fell into their bait and switch gray market when I tried to purchase a camera. I placed the order at night and received a phone call the next business day from a salesman who claimed that the model I purchased was an international one. "Don't worry," he said, "we have the American version" (for $600 more!) When I asked him what the difference was he told me the one I purchased would be with Korean-only menus. When I searched their site for the so-called American version I found no listing. When I told the salesman that there was no verbiage on the product page for the "international model" about the camera coming in Korean language he claimed that the tiny "Brand New Factory Fresh Import Model" was enough.

DO NOT SHOP HERE! Basically, gray market vendors will finagle a way around Canon & Nikon's very strict rules about how to list and sell their products, and will in-turn sell you a camera that is not actually backed by the manufacturer's warranty. Reminds me of the old saying, "save a penny, spend a dime." The eventual headache from a broken camera or no backing from the vendor in other unfortunate circumstances would not be worth the $100 I would have "saved" with them.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

Assuming shipping is fast, this was the best price I found for the Camera. They also offer many different payment options. I would definitely recommend that before checking Amazon, Adorama and BH, check out Abe's. I'm excited about making the jump to mirrorless.

Abe's of Maine Company Information