Vizio

3.3/5 (515 ratings)
Shop Now on Amazon

About Vizio Reviews

Vizio Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vizio?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vizio?

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

I have had a few of these tvs. The only issue is the sound. The voices are low although when the commercials comes on it is extremely louder. Overall it is a great television to purchase. I will be getting a new one with a sound bar.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

I own a Vizio 65 inch Smart Television. I have had this television for about a year and a half. I have been quite impressed with the picture quality. It is bright and sharp with great color. The sound is adequate, though it would be nice if it could be a better. Some movies and shows require the volume raised to the limit and there is a bit of vibration and distortion when it is that high. This is not a huge problem as nearly all other televisions I've had have required a soundbar to hear dialogue. This television is usually loud enough on its own. The only real issue I had with this television is when I lost the remote and accidentally reset the television to factory default the television was completely useless! I could not setup the television without the remote so it was stuck at the setup screen until I could go out and buy another remote...Every television should have enough controls on the television itself to at least operate it through setup.

Get buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2021

I have a 55" Visio that works very well with both satellite and streaming. The picture quality is very clear and bright making tv/movie watching a very good experience. The remote works extremely well with DirecTv and all of my streaming services. The sound is only just average, but adding a sound bar helps.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

I purchased because of the price/size. It wasn't too outrageous. I was surprised it came with Netflix and Hulu installed because my old TV is ancient and has no internet capabilities. We also discovered the screen casting feature and have been very happy about it. My only complaint is the HDMI input is only 3. For TV this price and how large I would hope they have more than just 3 inputs.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

We have had the television only one day but so good so far. Good setup instructions and the on-line setup is very good. I just wish I knew if I need to remove the four tape strips, one on top another on the bottom and one on each side? Does anyone know? This needs to be addressed in the documentation which I downloaded.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

We bought a 70" Vizio last Black Friday (not even a year ago) and they have replaced it twice, which was nice of them, but between weird random lines on the screen to it randomly going to the smart cast setting while you are watching it, we couldn't change the volume until it warmed up and now the one we have if you don't turn it on for a day you have to unplug it when you go to watch it cause it's like it's muted. These tvs have been garbage. And their reasoning is that they have to be hooked to the internet cause they need to update, and last time I checked not everyone has that ability nor do they want to.

Volume is volume and over many years we have never needed that with a tv smart or not! This time when I chatted with someone while I was talking to them said I was quiet for too long (which I wasn't) and they were disconnecting. Now not only are we terribly disappointed with their tvs now customer service. What was once a great company is now garbage!!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

This is the first time in my life I’ve ever purchased a television that had problems. My Vizio OLED 55-H1 will not power on! The light will indicate the power is on however there’s no pictures. I cannot switch the inputs either. I have to constantly unplug my television to do a soft reset. This is unacceptable. This happen day one and I thought it was a glitch and I did not want to deal with the hassle of a return and now I regret. I cannot recommend any Vizio products.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

There is a reason why there are tons of ‘how to videos' showing how to get the sound to work if your Vizio’s sound stopped working. No wonder… one month after buying it and I have to unplug it from the wall almost every time we want to watch tv. Never again.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

Vizio is another big company, that takes advantage of hard working people, I bought a 65 in. Quantum t.v (smart), I have had it for 1yr. And 4 months, and now it has a black cloud over the entire screen, called customer service and they explained that they would give me a 20 percent discount on another t.v. Nevermind that my t.v. is just over a year old, I ask could I speak to someone else and was told there is no one else. I'm sick giving my money to big industries that doesn't give a crap about you. So they get to enjoy my money for a little over a year of their trashy tvs.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

I purchased a Vizio TV in 2/2021. The tv worked until a software update was done in early June. Since the update, I have had ongoing problems with the audio and video not syncing properly. I contacted Vizio in early June and went through the troubleshooting procedures with them. After a few more calls, I was told a software update would be released that would fix the problem (this was in late June, early July). I have called several more times (7/21/2021, 8/5/2021, 8/20/2021, 8/30/2021) and each time was assured that Vizio was aware of the problem and they were working on it.

When I spoke to Louise on 8/20/2021, I was told the software update was due to be released in about three days. On 8/30/2021 I left her a voicemail message stating that no software update had been issued and my tv still does not work. In July I requested a refund and was told Vizio does not issue refunds and in the rare times they do it would take weeks (although Vizio asked for a copy of my receipt, which I provided).

I filed a complaint with the BBB on 8/31/2021 and someone called me on 9/6/2021 to follow up. I was told an update was scheduled to be released within a few days. The update was done on 9/15/2021 and so far the TV seems to be working. In the meantime, on 9/16/2021 Vizio responded on the BBB website that they tried to reach me, but could not and since I could not be reached, they closed the case.

I did have two phone calls from the same phone number that I was not able to answer (one on 9/15 and one on 9/16). The phone number did not include the name of a person or company and the caller did not leave a voicemail message. It could have been Vizio, but I have no way of knowing. Bottom line, 3.5 months is a long time to wait for a company to fix a software problem, and despite them telling me how good their customer service is, their customer service leaves a lot to be desired. I would not recommend anyone buy a Vizio TV and I do not plan to buy another one in the future.

Vizio author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Originally sold exclusively in warehouse clubs, Vizio has emerged to become one of North America's top-selling TV brands, offering a wide range of LED-based LCD TVs and available at many major retailers. The company's UHD TVs are the first to include Dolby's high-dynamic range vision technology.

• LED zones: Superior picture quality is achieved by 16 to 72 (depending on the series) active LED zones that adapt to you to deliver brighter brights and blacker blacks.

• Smarter TV: With a remote that has dedicated buttons for Netflix, Amazon and iHeartRadio and built-in apps and WiFi connectivity, Vizio takes Smart TV and makes it even smarter.

• Ultra HD: 4K Ultra HD models have ultra-sharp 2160p resolution that deliver superior picture quality, as well as upscaling for those times you're not watching 4K content.

• High-dynamic range: The Reference Series is available in 65 inch and 120 inch and comes in amazingly clear high-dynamic-range-enabled 4K Ultra HD, which is the benchmark for superior picture quality. With this TV, you will be ahead of the curve of the possible color spectrum.

• Wide range of models: Vizio offers TVs in several series for different consumers, from basic models to their Reference Series that has top-of-the-line technology and a cutting-edge design.

Vizio Company Information