2.34/5

Vizio Reviews

2210 Vizio Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I bought a 50" TV for $500. It went out 4 days after the 1 year warranty was up. I contacted them. They got the case number messed up. Needless to say after wasting my time for 2 months they denied a replacement. I have the same TV but smaller in my bed room. It's a 43" TV and it's starting to mess up. I will NEVER buy Vizio brand again and I will make sure to tell my friends and family the same. We work hard for our money to spend it on a tv that only lasts a year. I've had TVs last for 10 years before. Vizio is a horrible brand in my book.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I bought the Vizio E50E3 only to learn that it was only a screen with apps. This Vizio doesn't have a tuner and they advertise it as a TV. I ended up having to buy a tuner cause it doesn't work with just an antenna. Now it the LED backlight don't work. Best Buy also did a bad job of informing their customers online. I'm so beyond disappointed. I'm a mother and a New Yorker. I can't afford to buy a TV every year. Then I can't fix it. Vizio doesn't offer parts or TV repairs. They ask for you to get a new TV. There should be a class action for this.

Get expert buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I have had nothing but problems from day one when I was given this Vizio TV as a replacement for a superior Toshiba. First off, Vizio TVs won’t work unless you download their useless app and set it up using your home WiFi connection (this way, you’ve now taken up space on your phone or tablet with their TERRIBLE app, and if your WiFi signal isn’t working - you have a totally unwatchable set). So it took a couple of hours to set up initially, which I hadn’t bargained for. They want your name, email, location, etc. all sorts of information a TV shouldn’t NEED to work.

After I finally got it set up, I thought that was it and we could finally just enjoy our TV. I was so wrong. I have had to reset the whole system at least 15 times since then (I haven’t even had this TV a year yet) re-download the app, re-set the TV, re-share all of my account information... today while watching a game, the picture froze, I assumed it was my cable. Of course it was the TV - my cable is fine. I now have a broken Vizio TV - one that I just messed with for over 2 hours. Buyers BEWARE! Vizio is the absolute worst TV I’ve ever owned - and the app they make you use is completely worthless. Buy anything but Vizio!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

Bought the Vizio 42 Inch Smart TV. Started out fine but exactly 1 Year and 1 month, the screen looked as if someone had pulled white blinds across. Called Vizio and asked what could I do and was told it would cost more to repair than buy a new TV. This is my FIRST AND LAST VIZIO PRODUCT.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Have this TV for less thank you a year. Started having picture problem after 11 months. Called customer service, representative tried to reset by having me unplug TV and hold the power button for ten seconds. Then plugged back in still having same problem. Told I would have to send pictures of TV showing what was wrong, also copy of receipt where and when it was bought. Received call from someone who spoke broken English only to be informed it was not covered by manufacturer’s warranty. How can you determine it is not covered by warranty without tech coming out to check it. Will never buy or recommend this product to anyone unless you want a TV for only a year or less.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vizio?

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

I purchased a VIZIO Model D48-D0 in April of 2017. The went completely gray on me one day that following September. I called customer service in October, we were on the phone for almost an hour trying to run thru troubleshooting. Nothing worked, the TV was under the one year warranty so they sent out a replacement TV. The replacement was a refurbished TV that was supposedly working fine. It worked fine for a few months but then in March of 2018, the smart TV features stopped working. Then about a month later my cable box and fire stick would not work.

After speaking with VIZIO they instructed me to deal with my cable provider who was centrally came out and proved that there was nothing wrong with the cable box, there was an issue with the TV. At this point it is June 2018 when I call VIZIO again and they tell me that the TV is out of the one year or warranty range. Which is one year from the original purchase, not one year from when they provided me the replacement TV. Needless to say, I am simply out of luck at this point and nothing can be done. So I had 2 VIZIO HD Smart TV’s that didn’t make it 14 months collectively. I will never purchase another VIZIO TV again. I highly advise to spend your money on another brand that might last you more than a year.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

A month ago, I purchased Vizio model M75-E1, 75 inch SmartCast TV from Costco. Since then I keep having SmartCast network issue and calling Vizio technical support to get the problem resolve. Technician came in my house 2 weeks after the first call and changed a network card and main board. It seems my TV start working for a while. The following day, when I turn the TV, the network issue came back again. Moreover, the TV is not only shows "No Network detected" when I try to switch to SmartCast, but also the TV freeze intermittently and unable to watch the channel. The only way I can make it to work is by power reset. I unplug the power cable from the source and plug it back to restart the TV or the SmartCast. Sometimes the SmartCast may not even reset.

I called the technical support again, and spend more than an hour on the phone to explain the problem. They keep tell me to do what I have been doing over and over again. They also proposed to repair my TV again in the next 10 days while I and my family staring in front of big screen TV that don't work properly from day one. Last night I spoke with one of their supervisor and he told me they may replace my TV with old but certified/refurbish TV. I Paid lot of money for brand new TV, now proposing to give me an old refurbish/recertified TV. What kind of business is that? I could of buy a recertified TV less than half what I paid. This is not fair for consumer, and they should replace with brand new TV or refund the money. I don't recommend anyone to buy a Vizio big screen TV, it is frustrating to deal with them.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I have Bought this TV on Black Friday of 2017- 43in 4K. Work fine, loved the quality until my internet went out. I replaced my box and now my SmartCast quit working. Tried everything to Fix it Vizio Support tried over the Phone. Vizio sent a Service Tech out replaced parts still same issue. None of the apps will show up just a gray screen. Vizio sent a replacement. I installed the replacement TV in Same Model right out of the box same issue. Now Vizio support is sending the tech back out to try fixing it again. Not even a year has gone by and having issues with this TV. I bought this TV from Best Buy. Thank goodness my Xbox works for my tv apps. Everything on the tv works except the SmartCast.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

I bought the E65-E1 on sale from Walmart, and immediately noticed dark spots throughout the TV. Vizio replaced it thankfully and the second TV had another issue. Anytime a light colored screen came on you could actually SEE the backlighting array, little black squares throughout the TV. When I sent photos to Vizio they said they could see "nothing wrong". Walmart replaced the third TV which was fine for a few weeks until again I could see the array and dark spots. Returned it and will never buy another Vizio product.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I purchased a 65" TV directly from Vizio and in less than two months there was an issue with the screen from a color display standpoint. They replaced it under warranty (Feb 2017) and now in Aug 2018 that TV is totally dead. Vizio isn't willing to do anything, since their warranty is only 1 year, despite the fact I was sent two PoS TVs in less than two years. They suggested I contact a local repair shop, so I can pour more money into the garbage TVs they build. Should have never switch from Samsung, where I have a 32" and 42" that were migrated to my camper as I upgraded our home TVs, and they're still working after 10 years, despite the hot and humid environment of a camper that spends most of its time sitting in storage.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

Was having problem with my picture set. I got a representative that could not speak English. I had to ask for a different representative. At that point my problem was solved. My second representative Amy was great. My first one was horrible!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

Bought E48u-DO flat screen TV @ Best Buy and less than 2 y/o screen stays on for 1 sec and off for 4 sec continuously. Contacted Vizio customer support and they told me time for new TV. Less than 2 y/o come on. I will never buy Vizio again.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I bought a 70" Vizio LCD TV from Wal-Mart for approximately $1600, the screen began developing little white dots everywhere. Still under warranty, the customer service person said they had many reports of this and they would replace the unit. New unit, began doing the same thing just a few months in. Yet again called (by this point the three year extended warranty we paid extra for, was in use). This time they sent a local TV repair company to take and fix it. The repair company wrote it off as unrepairable (and were right, it died a week later).

The extended warranty and testimony of the local repair company initiated a replacement action. About a week later (just when the unit died) they insurance/warranty company called and said my unit was no longer available as a replacement and asked if another model may be substituted. I replied with "do I have a choice?". They told me it was equal to the previous unit so I agreed. By the way, there was NO TV tuner in the replacement unit, they stopped building them with tuners but didn't tell me I would need satellite to even use it now.

The new unit came and so far no white dots. BUT the whole upper left side of the screen has gone dark just about half a year later. Now when I got this, I was told the standard year warranty covering parts and labor would apply, so I contacted Vizio. Many times now. They often ignore any form of contact until you blast them on their Facebook page publically. They have had me send multiple pictures then agreed to replace it.

Then two hours later said, they could not replace it. They have since asked for a receipt that doesn't exist because it's a replacement from the extended coverage and nobody gave me one over the phone. But I have the packing slip. Eventually, they claim it was a used unit from Wal-Mart. Firstly, Wal-Mart doesn't sell used merchandise (wife is a manager there), secondly, it came through the extended service plan through Asurion (sp), not purchased through Wal-Mart and I was told it was a NEW unit and had "The standard year warranty covering parts and labor".

They are either drastically undertrained or obviously trying to weasel out of every last penny they can. The products just don't work and quality is worsening. I am a highly sought, nation-wide Audio/Visual design and installation tech. and there was a time when the name Vizio was akin to mentioning Mercedes or Cadillac. After this experience and my now 5 failed units (others purchased at other times but none made it to 12 months)... well, anyone remember Sanyo or Apex? How about Pinto? This company is out for a quick cash grab and consumer protection bureau's really need to watch this company. It's the tech equivalent of Fanny Mae crossed with Bernie Madoff.

I'm at my wit's end and know that replacing multiple units with identical, poorly designed units, can lead to identical problems but I can't understand how the handling of these situations, as engineered by the company and its policies or poor training, can be handled so poorly. Without bringing the attention of the FTC or at least, a class action suit.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Vizio VIZP502 television - We purchased this set in Mar 2015, had to replace it under warranty Jan 2016. Jul 2018 completely dead and out of warranty. Terrible quality! Other brand TVs in our home 8 years no problems.

Original review: July 27, 2018

We bought a 2014 Vizio E700i and 3 and a half years later, It went out and would not power back on. So I called Vizio customer service and the girl seemed less than receptive or engaged to help me at all. I would even be glad to fix it myself but she insisted that there are no known problems with these TVs. If that’s all they’re going to last is 3 or 4 years, what a shame. Who could afford a crappy product with a short service life that is expensive. I will fix this TV somehow to save it from the landfill and won’t be back to Vizio?

Original review: July 23, 2018

I bought this TV originally for the price. I was so pleased I have three more in the house, replacing other TVs that either went dark or the much older large models. Plus, the color and clarity of the screen is excellent.

Original review: July 22, 2018

I purchased this 65" P Series TV P65-E1 from Sam's Club with a Business Membership which is supposed to extend the warranty for an extra year. That being said the trouble started after just 3 months with this set. The audio would completely go out at random times. I would have to grab the remote and turn the Sound Bar back on to resume watching my content.

I contacted Vizio a number of times and was advised to stop using the HDMI connection and switch over to Optical. Sounds fishy to me but ok. I switched connections and that seems to work for a few months until the sound once again started to go out at random times proceeded by a buzzing sound. It would remain out for 10-15 seconds and then return to normal until the next failure. I contacted Vizio again (all documented cases with their online support) and got angry. By this time I'm 11 months into ownership with this crappy brand so the factory warranty is nearly out.

They decide to send a repair tech out to replace the speakers, power board and main board. The repair tech arrives in a very old unmarked car with a bad muffler. I could hear that ** can coming down the road while inside my house. He was very unprofessional and appeared to have no formal training in electronics repair. He proceeded to replace the parts in my TV and upon completion the set was completely DEAD. Keep in mind that I at least had a picture and intermittent sound BEFORE the "repair".

I contact Vizio again after he left and they finally decide that they want to replace the TV. I want a refund and I'm told that's not an option. The replacement TV is a re-furbished one, not a brand new unit. This set was purchased new in 2017 and was, at the time, a new model. That new model has already been discontinued in favor of another new model. I can only assume that mine was so problematic that they went back to the parts bin to cobble together another Frankenstein TV with overstock parts from other manufacturers, that's how this company makes such cheap TVs. The customer service representative was rude as well. I really just want my money back so I can put it toward the purchase of the Samsung that I should have bought in the first place.

BTW, Sam's Club is no help whatsoever. They say that I'm past my 90 day return period and referred me to SquareTrade for the warranty. SquareTrade has no record of my purchase from Sam's Club. Their site asks for my Sam's member ID and for some reason they can't even find my membership even though it's valid and active. I purchased from Sam's because of their reputation for consumer protection in cases like this and so far that has not been my experience.

Original review: July 21, 2018

Worst customer experience that I ever had to endure. Absolutely no help. The support is extremely frustrating from their phone rep & system. They cannot hear (or so they say) due to it being so loud in their call center. Rep also claimed that the supervisor is unavailable multiple times while waiting for them. She even laughed when I told her how dissatisfied I was with their product. My 2 year old Vizio M55-C2 55" TV has a bad pixel line horizontally through the top portion of the screen. This almost lasted 2 years and I advise to review all the reviews and choose another brand.

Original review: July 21, 2018

It is a 50 inch screen. Performance is usually good - but it is 10+ years old and is just HD 720. Only 2 HDMI ports - would like more. It occasionally "flacks out" and has to be unplugged and plugged back in to reset to normal operations. On the wall, adding a external antenna is almost impossible - as is access to almost ANY of the connections. Does have good sound, IMO. But not a smart tv. Overall, at the time of purchase, it was a good value. Not by today's standards. But the split screen function has been helpful and it has all the connections I need for my HTPC system -and it works fine. So it remains our primary TV.

Original review: July 20, 2018

I have enjoyed excellent viewing. But just remember to set the basic settings on all smart TV's to private, so that your home life is not broadcasted back to the manufacturer or your cable provider.

Original review: July 19, 2018

60" VIZIO SMART TV is 2 1/2 years old, left side of screen going dark, research shows it's LED failure which is very common and very difficult to fix for DIY people like myself. I bought this TV because picture was incredibly sharp and superior to others in giant wall of TVs at store, great price too, if you want a TV for just 2 to 3 years. Samsung here I come. Way too many negative reviews for Vizio that I've seen.

Original review: July 13, 2018

It is an economy style TV and goes with "you get what you pay for." The internet connection is spotty at best. But it's great for an economy style TV that is not your primary TV.

Original review: July 10, 2018

My Vizio is ok. I use reg antenna when viewing my local channels and I'm *re scanning* all the time because the TV does not remember the channels. The remote control is terrible and the buttons are failing. It also like to not shut off when I hit the power button! If I had a chance to do over, I would not buy another Vizio. It's just sub par compared to other TVs.

Original review: July 2, 2018

The television is of good quality and we have had no mechanical issues with ours. The downside to the version we have is that there is no internet browser. You cannot add apps to the tv, only cast from another device and worst of all there is no HDTV tuner on the television. You can't just get local channels. You have to put more into the TV after you purchase it just to watch local free channels. If one can live with these shortcomings, I would recommend purchasing a Vizio.

Original review: June 30, 2018

We bought a 4k smart 60" tv at Christmas 3 years ago. It has completely died. Here is how they handled the situation. "Sam, I apologize for the issue. Unfortunately, as with all electronics across all brands, we can't predict when/if an issue may happen with any of our products, although we never expect nor want them to. This is an unfortunate situation. Please understand this is not a reflection of VIZIO's overall quality."

Original review: June 27, 2018

Bought new Vizio TV Dec. 2017. Went bad 6 months later on June 10th. Notified Vizio on June 12th. Replacement Vizio TV came 9 days later, June 21, with 2 different legs that wouldn't fit the TV they sent. The delivery guy had to take the leg from our old set to make it work. And that Vizio TV stopped working 24 hours later on June 22. So far, that is 2 defective Vizio TVs within 6 months. How does Vizio make it right? By making us wait another 8-10 days for delivery of another replacement TV. We are on day #12 of waiting. Now here we are on June 27 and Vizio hasn't even shipped the latest replacement yet. Even though we are still under warranty. Then they block me on social media for posting this on their pages. How is that for customer service?

Original review: June 23, 2018

Love my new tv. Has everything I need. I found a great price match on Walmart online that was honored in the store. Perfect for what I needed.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I purchased a VIZIO SmartCast E-Series E55-D0 55" 1080p 120Hz LED Smart HDTV Dec 2016. May 2018 this TV no longer works, we were advised to power cycle it which we did numerous times for a week. It still does not work. The customer service department was of absolutely no help, their only solution was to offer a "discounted" price on another inferior Vizio TV. The discounted price they gave me was actually $12 more than what I paid for the original TV. It's very unfortunate a company like this that got caught illegally selling customer data would not do more to assist a customer who they sold a defective product to. I will no longer be purchasing anymore Vizio products.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I purchased a 58" Vizio 4K TV from Best Buy September 2016. I did not purchase the extended warranty, I have previously purchased Samsung TV's that are well over 10 years old and are still working fine with no issues. In June 2018 I turned on the TV and there were vertical moving lines of different colors and the background was a rainbow of colors and lines that made viewing any of the picture impossible. I unplugged all of the wires, did a reset, and tried various sources with no improvement. I called Vizio and they confirmed my warranty was out, they told me to call their service center. I called the center and explained the issue and they told me that the entire screen would need to be replaced, they agreed that it was a malfunction and not damaged as the lines and colors are constantly moving around, not in one place as you would get from damage. They told me that the cost would exceed the value of the TV and I should just replace the TV.

I called Vizio back and told them that I was stuck with a $700 paperweight that is only 20 months old. They offered a "special pricing" on a new Vizio 60" TV- $410 plus $90 shipping= $500 total for a new Vizio TV. I looked up the TV model while still on the phone and saw that Walmart was selling this model for just over $550. So $50 off on a new TV from a brand that dies after 20 months is "special"? No thank you. I escalated to a supervisor, who told me she had nothing to offer me. I told her that I would never buy Vizio again, that I would tell all of my friends to never buy Vizio, and that I would review Vizio online as a garbage TV that Vizio will not stand behind. She let me know that she was perfectly fine with that. So here we are. DON'T EVER BUY A VIZIO PRODUCT. They are cheap and Vizio does not stand behind them. They will die after only 20 months and Vizio doesn't care one iota.

Original review: June 13, 2018

Picture is always too dark even when you try to reset. All in all, if you're looking for just a tv that's cheap then Vizio may work for you but if you're looking for a tv to enjoy watching movies this tv is poor. Sound quality and picture quality poor even when I tried to set it, never really got any better but judge for yourself.

Vizio expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Originally sold exclusively in warehouse clubs, Vizio has emerged to become one of North America's top-selling TV brands, offering a wide range of LED-based LCD TVs and available at many major retailers. The company's UHD TVs are the first to include Dolby's high-dynamic range vision technology.

• LED zones: Superior picture quality is achieved by 16 to 72 (depending on the series) active LED zones that adapt to you to deliver brighter brights and blacker blacks.

• Smarter TV: With a remote that has dedicated buttons for Netflix, Amazon and iHeartRadio and built-in apps and WiFi connectivity, Vizio takes Smart TV and makes it even smarter.

• Ultra HD: 4K Ultra HD models have ultra-sharp 2160p resolution that deliver superior picture quality, as well as upscaling for those times you're not watching 4K content.

• High-dynamic range: The Reference Series is available in 65 inch and 120 inch and comes in amazingly clear high-dynamic-range-enabled 4K Ultra HD, which is the benchmark for superior picture quality. With this TV, you will be ahead of the curve of the possible color spectrum.

• Wide range of models: Vizio offers TVs in several series for different consumers, from basic models to their Reference Series that has top-of-the-line technology and a cutting-edge design.

• Best for: Movie and TV connoisseurs, bargain shoppers, home-theater enthusiasts and researchers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs