2.41/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 21, 2017

2078 Vizio Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

In October 2013, my almost 1 year old flat screen TV E320VP quit... However, Vizio stood behind their product and fixed it free in less than 2 weeks!!! You don't experience customer service like that in this age. So I decided to write an updated review expressing how GREAT this TV is after 5 years. If you are contemplating purchasing a new unit I highly recommend buying Vizio brand. Period.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

I purchased a 50 inch Vizio Smart 4K television in late July 2017. By October 2017 the TV started popping and powered off. I turned my TV back on and it was cracked internally. There are vertical lines running down the TV. I called Vizio and emailed photos. I was told the damage was caused by me. I was shocked by the customer service and how they do not stand be behind their products. My TV had not been dropped or fell. I was offered a discount. Why would I buy another Vizio product?

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I had purchased Vizio 55" TV M55-C22, I had paid $898 at Best Buy exactly 2 years ago, all of suddenly TV died, screen went blank. Vizio customer service says repair costs more than buying new TV, they want to sell you another VIZIO even at a discounted. It’s not worth the time and the hassle. So if you want your money to go to trash within 2 years, then you go buy. Otherwise STAY AWAY from VIZIO brand altogether.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I bought Vizio E500i-B1 from a store that Vizio claims is not who they sold it to. They refuse to honor my warranty. They gave me their service center who wanted more than what the TV cost to fix it. No one should ever buy a Vizio product. They do not stand behind their products I guess because they know they make inferior products. So I am out the money I paid for a TV that should be still under warranty. Expensive lesson! They want we sucker to only buy from big chain stores and never trust smaller sellers. They want we suckers to ask and see proof the store is buying directly from Vizio. Until when Vizio is the only TV manufacturer left is when I will again consider buying their junk.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I ordered a television directly from Vizio.com on Oct 19. After many wasted hours on calls and emails it is Nov 9 and the item has not been delivered. They blamed me for them having the wrong number, not calling me on the number I gave them over the phone, and them not responding to my emails.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vizio?

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I bought a Vizio P502ui-B1E from Walmart in July 2015. It was very lightly used as we don't have much time to watch. The thing suddenly died while being watched - not powering up at all, even with the reset steps suggested from other websites. I couldn't believe a modern TV could do this in 2 years time - a TV should last at least for 10 years isn't it?

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Whenever I had gotten a call from Vizio, I had expected my problem to be resolved. However, I was told that the problem was caused by myself. However, upon research, I had found out that the problem was East West Pincushion Effect where the issue was with manufacturing and not the customer's fault. I was appalled whenever I was told that it was my fault, yet the person on the line had known about the situation lying to me accusing me of the issue. This kind of customer support is absolutely unacceptable, and the company needs to stand behind the prestige of the product, and actually assist the consumer. After this absurd inconvenience, my family and I are never going to purchase any products from VIZIO ever again.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

65" TV M65-C1 - Purchased TV in September 2015. TV has no picture. Was informed this evening that it is not under warranty nor is repairable. $1500 investment lost in 25 months. I would never buy a VIZIO product again. I found other customers online that had the same problem as my TV. This problem is across VIZIO lines.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I purchased the Vizio 80" LED TV 3 years ago and it now has a dark spot on the left side of screen. It is out of warranty but I should have lasted longer than this. I do not recommend buying a Vizio because they only work during the warranty period.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

E-Series Smart TV HDTV LED TV purchased less than a year ago suddenly, inexplicably stopped working. I spent more money than the TV was worth having multiple experts troubleshoot the TV. The unanimous decision was that it was a faulty TV. Everything else as working just fine, but the TV would not even power on manually. It was a piece of junk, a lemon.

I contacted Vizio who wanted pictures, proof of purchase, etc which I sent immediately. They refused to help me. Just kept asking for more information, when they had all the proof they needed and should have apologized and replaced the TV, which was all I was asking, and they refused. Will never purchase or recommend another Vizio product - ever again. Such jerks! Do they really expect us to buy a new TV every year. My last TV lasted 10 years! Is this what TVs have come to (cheap quality, expensive price that only last a year or less). Really? If so, I guess I will forgo a TV altogether and stream everything. I refuse to purchase a TV once a year!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

Purchased a Vizio 50 inch 4k UHD tv in January of this year 2017. On October 13th my wife and I were watching tv and out of the blue we notice a thin black stripe on the tv from top to bottom. So I think it's ok, still under warranty. So I contact Vizio customer service and they ask me to take a pic and send it to them, so I did. Next day Vizio writes to inform me that I had broken the tv and that the warranty is void. Really at a loss for words, never again will I purchase a Vizio product.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I purchased a Vizio 60 inch for $748 and less than 2 years there is a black shadow in the left hand top corner. I called Vizio and they said it was economically irreparable that the light went out. I purchased this type of TV and the not the other type for that reason that the bulb/light would not fail within a few years. It is mounted on the wall and hardly used. Vizio offered only $148 discount off another Vizio same size. Why would I purchase another one? I have other Vizios as well and had to call about one of them because I had trouble turning it off/on. I will never purchase another Vizio product.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I usually don't give reviews but I also never had such a problem with a product. Purchased this 70 inch TV model E701i-A3E for around $1500. It hangs on the wall rarely ever touched except for occasional dusting. It lasted less than 4 years, just stopped showing a picture but projects sound perfectly. Contacted Vizio, “Sorry you’re not under warranty.” Contacted Walmart about the extended warranty we purchased, “Sorry but it ran concurrent with the manufacturer’s warranty.” In what world do we live in that a $1,500 television last less than 4 years? I may even understand if there was a lot of wear and tear. I have a 42 inch Panasonic TV that is my main TV and it’s been working for 10 years without any issues. Vizio wouldn't even refer me to a repair person stating it would be cheaper just to buy another television. Well it sure won't be a Vizio!!!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I wish I could give this 0 stars. I purchased a 60 inch Vizio television less than 2 years ago and the entire left side began to go black. The picture was horrid and you can only see half the TV. I called Vizio and their customer service was atrocious. They claim that with any product there is a risk of malfunction and since I was outside of the 1-year warranty there is nothing they can do. According to Vizio it is more expensive to fix than it is to purchase a new TV. So we are out of luck with their product that barely lasted 2 years and they could care less. Never again will I purchase a Vizio product.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I went to Sam's Club and paid $3,500 for a 70" Vizio Television. Had it for about 2 years and the screen went black. I heard Vizio had some recalls on their televisions, so I called and ask if they could help. They told me the best they could do is recommend a repair service in my area and I could pay for it myself. They wouldn't stand behind their product at all but they kept telling me how important their customer satisfaction was to them. I imagine it's only a power board and could be fixed pretty easily. I don't even want it in my house. I am going to buy a Sony and should have bought one in the first place. Live and learn. My 70" will be out by the curb if anyone wants to pick it up and have it fixed. It will probably work for at least a year.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I purchased a brand new Vizio TV about 2 years ago. Today I had no picture so I called, even though the customer service was friendly, they did barely anything to fix the situation. I was offered a discount on a new TV for which I found a better model in the same price. When confronted about this, they told me the price was fair and that's all they could do for a TV that didn't even last 2 full years! I'm extremely unsatisfied with this product and experience. They lost a customer for life and I highly suggest you spend the extra 20 bucks on a different brand because I guarantee it will last longer.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I bought a 55-inch Smart Vizio TV. Took it home and set it up. BAMMM I got TV with no Roku. Yay!!! That was day one. Woke up next day to watch the news and heard this rice crispies sound. You know snap crackle and pop. Then a loud pop and it stopped. So I was watching the news and it made a loud popping noise again. This time no TV. I had a warranty. Called and they came out and fixed it. Cool. I have TV again. Then noticed that the WiFi portion of the TV kept dropping the signal. I thought wtf.

So I called again and this time was told there was nothing they can do for that. And to check my internet router. So I bought a new router. The best one I could find. And still this P.O.S. dropped signal. My laptop sure did not drop signal. Just this raggedy ** P.O.S. TV did. So I put it on Craigslist and sold it with the warranty. I never have looked back. Got an LG and no problems with the last 3 years. Of course it's not a Smart TV either. Don't trust them. I will NOT buy another Vizio as long as I live. You get what you pay for.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

We purchased the VIZIO 65" on December 3, 2015, for my retirement. My husband worked at Super Walmart as a merchandise stocker. He was given the opportunity to work THANKSGIVING DAY for Walmart and receive a percentage off gift certificate for anything in the store. We decided that a new VIZIO television was what we wanted. We purchased the TV and considered it a wonderful and worthwhile purchase especially since I was retiring. We expected that this TV would last well into our retirement. On September 15, 2017, while the TV was on it suddenly, without warning completely shut off and went completely dead and does not power up at all. There was no noise, pop, or tap.

We contacted VIZIO regarding this incident and have been told by the technical support team that this is a common problem with VIZIO TV's and they are well aware of it. They suggested a couple of useless fixes and then said it was outside their authority to fix. I would never purchase another VIZIO product and would advise anyone looking to purchase one to check the website for product quality and their technical support and follow up. All I have from my experience is a lot of anger and a dead TV.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

502i-b1 - 2 yo Vizio tv dead! Known power supply problem and they want more than 60% of the purchase price to repair. This is not an isolated problem, it is well known and documented. Their products have nice specs, and are priced well, but they are JUNK! Do not buy anything from Vizio, they are horrible.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

My Vizio Sound Bar stopped working after 3 years. Just like that. Kaput! The television we have in our room stopped responding to the remote control. I did all the suggested possible solutions, like resetting the remote and resetting the TV, and I even replaced the batteries although I knew they were not bad. Kaput! Never a Vizio again. Never.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I purchased a 60" Vizio television in July of 2015. I paid a little more and purchased the high end Vizio with the faster refresh rate. Several month ago I noticed a large black spot forming in the lower right hand section of the screen. I decided to try and have it repaired. First they replaced the LED lights but it did not correct the issue. Then they told me that Vizio does not make a replacement screen so I basically have a two year old television that is junk. I will NEVER EVER purchase another Vizio product! End of story!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

Purchased E60-C3 Vizio from Costco Dec 2015. Backlighting went bad in one year. With Costco help, Vizio sent a refurbished TV in Jan 2017. Same problem now on replacement! Vizio only response is to offer $100 off a newer model. (Has to have a standalone receiver for antenna reception). Vizio does not stand behind their products! Have purchased my last Vizio!!!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

Do not buy this TV. There is no need for the remote to be on your phone. I would rather have a second remote that works than one that loses its connection on my phone. I constantly have to reconnect it and when it is connected the buttons on the app do not work. Let's bring actual remotes back please. Also it is considered a "smart" TV but it doesn't come with any streaming apps and logins, it's basically just a monitor with pretty backgrounds that can't stream shows from your phone.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I bought my Vizio 65" tv in April 2014. By March 2017 I noticed a white 1/4 moon that appeared in the upper right corner then it turned into a full moon. Now there is 4 white moons across the tv. I called Vizio. They did a power shut down. When that didn't work they said sorry nothing they could do. I need to buy another tv. My thought is you pay 1,800 for a tv you should get more than 2 1/2 years out of it. I would never buy another Vizio again.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I purchased a Vizio Television model 500i-B1 in summer of 2015. A few weeks ago we noticed that when we turned the television on the power light would stay on for a few seconds and then go out. We could not get it to turn on. Followed the steps that Vizio recommended and it did not work. Contacted the company and after verifying the purchase with serial number and proof I was told to contact an authorized Vizio repair facility at my own expense. Terrible product. Terrible experience.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

My low scoring of this company and its electronics are appalling, especially when it comes to the amount of money you pay and the actual picture quality. I’m seeing a lot of consumers having technical issues like I have been and are dumbfounded by this. The picture screen I have when watching a local station, will go black and you CAN hear the sound, but when you change the channel to the next one, then back, it corrects itself.

I have noticed from using cable and/or the inside and outside UHF/VHF Antenna that the picture quality is VERY bad. I even had severe pixelation and at the time was on Comcast, yet the woman I spoken to noticed it, yet I had to EXPLAIN it clearly that when they did the installation, the OUTSIDE, COAX cable line from the HOUSE to the POLE was damaged from a previous severe storm that went through the area a few months ago, yet they NEVER replaced it and I told the customer service rep. this and asked WHY it wasn't replaced in the first place when I’m paying $200.00 per month on internet and cable tv service.

They finally came out and replaced the line after getting on them for the past 8 months. It’s part of THE installation process and ALWAYS make sure it DOES get done. Also, you must for future reference, check those coax cables that are IN house, because, if the line coming into your home isn't new, there is one possible problem.

Make sure there are noise filters on each line coming in, because if they use coax splitters, which they do, it’s best to put a noise filter away from the TV, best from the pole to the house, meaning they put an outside box to store out of the way, your cables, BUT if it’s close to a POWER meter, it CAN affect your signal coming in, especially if you have Smart meters on your house hold electrical service. They CAN affect your signal from electromagnetic pulse waves. If you CAN hear your transformer on the outside pole, hum, they its generating a magnetic force field. If you have any of these issues in which I have, except the Smart meters, get top quality SHIELDED coax cables and run them ALL through the house, up to the splitter. Keep all cables away from electrical wires.

I still to this day haven't gotten my TV fixed from tech support, yet it’s been an ongoing issue. I once had an LG 32" TV and I did like the fact IT had a HEAD PHONE jack. Excellent for putting on those head phones and turning up the volume without having to disturb others, in WHICH this VIZIO DOESN'T have, yet the 32" and smaller TV's do, WHY NOT? I had to revert back to the antenna and the UHF/ VHF and thought clear TV would be great, NOT so, unless you have a lot of coax cable and time to move around the house like with the rabbit ears to find a good signal, it’s best to get one that IS outside. Do your research on the TV's you buy, because its might look great, but if the SALES person can't answer your tech questions, you best do a 180 degree turn out the door, or find someone who DOES know about the products. In the future, I won't be buying this product again.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

About 2-3 years ago I had never heard about Vizio. Now I see the brand at all reputable retailers. I would definitely buy this brand again, and wish I had enough room for a larger screen.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

Our Vizio TV is approximately two years old and has been having same problem all that time. Having contacted Vizio on several calls they did not clear up the sound on the tv. They did however, mention that the cable company might need to put in a code in their box! When I suggested to a technician on one of the many trips they made to our house, nothing changed.

We have good sound and picture on most local news and commercials. The problem is mostly network tv shows. The sound is muted like they all have speech impediment! We even installed a sound bar that didn't help. We watch movies thru Netflix and they also are not good sound! They also have not been able to solve our problem. I sure wish someone could come up with a solution to our problem! Thank God the sound is good for my husband's sports games!!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

Bought a brand new Vizio 55" TV. It was not physically damaged, the box had no rips or tears. Plugged in the TV and the screen was grey with some white lines. Talked with vizio customer service and they wanted pictures to see the TV when it was turned on. I sent the pictures to them and they refused to send a new TV. They claimed it was damaged in transit. How can it be damaged when there are no physical defects on the TV or to the box it came in. He had no response and blamed the retailer. Terrible. I know it wasn't the retailer's fault, but the only recourse I have is to try to replace the TV from the retailer.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

We enjoy our television. We don't watch a lot of movies. We enjoy TBN, Daystar, news until it becomes fake. We enjoy pet rescues, home improvements, baseball and football games.

Vizio expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Originally sold exclusively in warehouse clubs, Vizio has emerged to become one of North America's top-selling TV brands, offering a wide range of LED-based LCD TVs and available at many major retailers. The company's UHD TVs are the first to include Dolby's high-dynamic range vision technology.

• LED zones: Superior picture quality is achieved by 16 to 72 (depending on the series) active LED zones that adapt to you to deliver brighter brights and blacker blacks.

• Smarter TV: With a remote that has dedicated buttons for Netflix, Amazon and iHeartRadio and built-in apps and WiFi connectivity, Vizio takes Smart TV and makes it even smarter.

• Ultra HD: 4K Ultra HD models have ultra-sharp 2160p resolution that deliver superior picture quality, as well as upscaling for those times you're not watching 4K content.

• High-dynamic range: The Reference Series is available in 65 inch and 120 inch and comes in amazingly clear high-dynamic-range-enabled 4K Ultra HD, which is the benchmark for superior picture quality. With this TV, you will be ahead of the curve of the possible color spectrum.

• Wide range of models: Vizio offers TVs in several series for different consumers, from basic models to their Reference Series that has top-of-the-line technology and a cutting-edge design.

• Best for: Movie and TV connoisseurs, bargain shoppers, home-theater enthusiasts and researchers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs