Vizio

Vizio Reviews

3.7/5 (509 ratings)

About Vizio Reviews

Vizio Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vizio?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vizio?

Original review: Sept. 28, 2022

This TV is by far worse than the cheap off brand TV that I have. It constantly freezes, refuses to connect to the internet, shuts off, lags, etc. It regularly has to be unplugged to get it to work again. It does not work with multiple casting options such as Twitch. It does not have an option to download several popular streaming apps. It is filled with bloatware that you cannot delete and bogs down the system. Overall do not recommend this TV in the least, would be better off using a Roku device on the TV.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2022

Our 75 inch tv only lasted two years. Never had a tv only last two years. Manufacturers should not be allowed to make products that do not last more than a couple years. One year warranty is a dodge and a lie. We should not be forced to buy crap then eat it because the company did not disclose known issues. This is planned obsolescence at its best. Work around the law and act like it is good business. Vizio knows there are issues and have a Class Action lawsuit because of them.

Get buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

I have barely had this television for a year, actually trouble began two weeks prior to one year. It constantly loops with updates and starting over. It will not shut off with the remote. I have to unplug. I have talked over this issue with the technician (Oh Brother!). Same stuff over and over with different people all from out of the country. Now I am told that I cannot get a refund or another television because I bought it at Costco. Supposedly another person to call after this issue has been corrected on their end. Horrible service and accountability. How hard is it to replace or refund the television. People I spoke to nice enough but no real help or answers. Really really unhappy and I will warn everyone not to buy their products as they do not give good customer care and back up their product.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

Just like another recent reviewer, I've got a Vizio TV with SmartCast that is useless. A recent SmartCast update is causing a looping situation of TV shutting down after 1 minute, then restarts. How about a class action?

Original review: Sept. 11, 2022

I bought a TV on Jan 27. On Friday 9/2 Vizio sent an update that rendered the TV useless. It's in a constant loop of restarting. Every day for the last 10 days all they want to do is have me troubleshoot the TV. I'm tired. I haven't had a working TV in 2 weeks. And it's under warranty. They won't give me my money back and they won't give me a new TV cause they're convinced they can fix it. All I want to do is watch TV. And I can't. All I want is my money back. They suck at support.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

I bought my 58 in Vizio V-Series on clearance on July 23, 2022 I plug it in and am using it after 2 hours a group of white lines go up and down the screen so I call customer service and they helped a lot at first. I sent a picture of what was wrong and a picture of the receipt to prove I had just bought it that day. They make a service request and tell me that the tv will be shipped in 12-16 business days after 16 business days they tell me that there are delays so it's going to add another 5-7 business days. I moved into my college dorm on August 20th and the tv still wasn’t delivered so I had to change the delivery address because I was moving out of state. They tell me it's changed and that it should be shipped on the 21st. I get a delivery date for September 2nd 2022.

September 1st I get a call from Vizio Support and they tell me that I told the delivery company to cancel my service request so I tell them that I never canceled my request. The next day I get a call from Vizio Support again and they tell me that they have to make another service request because they canceled the previous one. So basically I get to wait another 12-16 business days to maybe get my new tv. It has been over a month since I put in my first service request and I just want a tv that doesn’t have a bunch of white lines going down the screen.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

Purchased Vizio 58" Class - V-Series - 4K UHD LED LCD TV. I failed to purchase extended warranty. Vizio performs automatic firmware updates. The latest, literally, killed the tv sending it into black screen. Nothing attempted by Vizio technicians worked to recover damage done by them through this intrusion, unsolicited update. Because I had no warranty, they abandoned my issue, leaving me cold. The tv was great until they performed this program update of the firmware. Now I have nothing because of them.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2022

Do not waste your money on a Vizio TV. It is always asking me to reset, re-register, can't access right now, working on it. This TV is only 8 month old. What a waste. Always have to unplug, wait for 5 minutes, reboot, maybe it will work. At 76 yo this is way tooo much.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2022

I regret purchasing this Vizio TV, I’ve never had such a bad experience with a TV in my life! The sound is terrible, if you gently move the TV at all, you have to reset everything including all of your passwords for Netflix, Paramount, etc., it is taking up so much of my time, I’m about to smash it on my sidewalk and buy another brand television! I will never purchase a Vizio TV again and I will let all of my friends know how bad they are!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2022

Vizio 50" Class-V Series 4K HDR Smart TV V505-J: TV purchased brand new Oct. 2021. Continue to have ongoing sound issues. Now the screen is blank and there is no sound on the Smartcast or my cable! My case has been submitted. I have to wait for the repairman to receive a part that may/may not correct issues. Customer Service is average. Of course, you have to turn tv off/on, unplug, plug in, turn off/on router, etc. How long will I be without a tv?! This is not what I expect when I purchase a brand new television... Less than one year old...

Vizio author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Originally sold exclusively in warehouse clubs, Vizio has emerged to become one of North America's top-selling TV brands, offering a wide range of LED-based LCD TVs and available at many major retailers. The company's UHD TVs are the first to include Dolby's high-dynamic range vision technology.

• LED zones: Superior picture quality is achieved by 16 to 72 (depending on the series) active LED zones that adapt to you to deliver brighter brights and blacker blacks.

• Smarter TV: With a remote that has dedicated buttons for Netflix, Amazon and iHeartRadio and built-in apps and WiFi connectivity, Vizio takes Smart TV and makes it even smarter.

• Ultra HD: 4K Ultra HD models have ultra-sharp 2160p resolution that deliver superior picture quality, as well as upscaling for those times you're not watching 4K content.

• High-dynamic range: The Reference Series is available in 65 inch and 120 inch and comes in amazingly clear high-dynamic-range-enabled 4K Ultra HD, which is the benchmark for superior picture quality. With this TV, you will be ahead of the curve of the possible color spectrum.

• Wide range of models: Vizio offers TVs in several series for different consumers, from basic models to their Reference Series that has top-of-the-line technology and a cutting-edge design.

Vizio Company Information