Vizio Reviews

Vizio
Shop on Amazon
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.11/5

Vizio Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vizio?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vizio?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

My dad ordered a Vizio refurbished speaker from Walmart.com & it stopped working properly. I called on behalf of him just to see if I could fix it myself, but was informed that it’s probably an internal error. Vizio themselves told me they could repair it for me after I submitted proof of purchase through email. I did so, & a day later, they sent me all the materials to send the speaker back completely free of charge. I sent it back & within 2 weeks, we have a new speaker that works flawlessly, completely free & hassle free as well. Couldn’t ask for more of a wonderful experience with customer service. Has been the best experience ever, actually. Thank you so much, Vizio! Now a lifelong customer!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

I was very nervous when I requested a warranty replacement for my new TV based on complaints online. The TV I had was less than a year old and had developed red spots on the screen for some reason. I called them and told them the problem and the gentleman I spoke with simply sent me an email with a link to upload pictures of the problem. A few days later I called back and was informed that the request had been approved and I would be getting a replacement. The claim portal had stated that I would be getting a refurbished version of the same TV I had, which was fine since it was a year old almost already. To my surprise when it arrived it was a brand new TV! I was very happy with their customer service and it was painless to get a replacement. Whatever you may think about their TV's (I think they are great) their warranty department was great!

Get buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2019

I bought this TV from Best Buy about 3 years ago after my previous LG TV got really hot and melted! I've been a big fan of it ever since. My family has DirecTV, Dish, local cable, every single streaming service that there is, and like 4 or 5 video game systems yet we only allow each child to watch 30 minutes per day during the week and 6 hours/day on the weekends. Being in SoCal I watch every USC women's game in every sport, so I need all those services. My husband's father lives with us and loves classic sitcoms like Leave It to Beaver and The Brady Bunch and Father Dowling Mysteries so we have to have all these streaming things for his tastes. Guess what, the TV handles all of it. We have every input filled and a few extra cords that have no place to go and have to switch them out, so I guess that is my only rhubarb with this TV is they could have like 10 more HDMI ports.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

We are very happy with Vizio.. We have had our tvs for years and they still look fabulous. I would not buy any other brand. The elegant look, and the price are and were just right! My family comes from Puerto Rico to visit and they love our Vizios. They are looking into purchasing this product. I have recommended to our friends and they have purchased a Vizio t.v. They are very happy that I told them about this awesome product. Truth be told we have had ours for more that 10 years. Yup, Good product! So if anyone is interested in purchasing a good and long lasting t.v. with great features and very easy to operate. Buy a Vizio!!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

Because I loved my Vizio so much, I told my son who is a gamer, to get a Vizio. I told him it's the only one that will work with his games without a "lag". I was right, he discovered, but only after he tried literally every other brand of t.v. first. (The nerve of him! lol) But true, he had to find out for himself and did find out that not only is Vizio the best brand of t.v. to work with his multitude of gaming consoles, but he also found out that... You guessed it, Mom's always right! :)

Besides all that, even if you're not a gamer, Vizio has proven to be a great t.v. for me - a non-gamer. I purchased mine over six years ago and it is still running strong today. It has apps pre-installed for YouTube, Netflix, and a bunch of others I can't remember because I don't use all of them. It has plug-in things on the side that I can plug an HDMI cord into so I can see my laptop screen on my television! How freaking cool is that??!! I love that because I can actually see my laptop screen that way - I'm almost 60 years old and my eyes are really aging much faster than the rest of me which looks as though I'm only 30, can you believe it? (Wink, wink.)

There are a bunch of other plug holes for who knows what. The only thing I don't like about this t.v. is where the cable or antenna screws into is very inconvenient. It's so difficult for even one of my kids to screw the cable into, I know it's not just me this time. Usually when I find myself getting frustrated with something, one or both of them will say, "Oh Mom! Let me get that for you!" but when I ask them to help me screw in the cable on my t.v. both of them are suddenly too busy to help me. Yeah, r-i-g-h-t!!! That's okay because I rarely need to do that thank goodness.

All in all, this is one of the best televisions we've owned and that's coming from one who started out with an old black and white with only three channel choices on it! Seriously! We used to have to get up off our butts to change the channel on our t.v.s! We never knew who was calling us on the phone until we answered it! Wow. These kids today don't know how easy they have it. Sheesh.

Original review: July 8, 2020

I bought a TV in December of last year. All was fine but when we were mounting it on the wall it ruined it, does not work anymore and we followed exact instructions, it's not scratched or cracked and it didn't fall but it is on the wall but does not work. We called 3 times about it and all 3 times they said they were going to send us an email with instructions on how to get a replacement. They never sent it and sounds like their customer service is outsourced to India. I am not racist, but they could barely understand me and vice versa.

No one will help me and the TV isn't even 7 months old yet and yet it's done and I am out my $ because no one cares nor will they help me. DO NOT BUY VIZIO, THEY SUCK JUST AS BAD AS THEIR INDIAN CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPT. SUCKS!!!! I had never had problems with Vizio until now and now I tell the whole world... save your money, do not give it to them, buy a better brand, a brand that you won't need customer service for anything!+??

Original review: July 8, 2020

We purchased a defective 75-inch Vizio TV and an additional 3-year warranty in 8/2018. On 6/2020, we called Vizio due to problems with the TV: dark horizontal lines across the screen, intermittent sound loss, intermittent shutdown, and it takes 5-6 attempts to turn on. We emailed images documenting the issues. During the 4 weeks of emails and phone calls, Vizio representatives were rude and gave us incorrect information. They repetitively called my husband “ma‘am” and referred to him as female, even after he repeatedly stated “my name is Joseph, I am male.” The representatives also offered us the option to choose between 2 replacement models: P75-F1 or P759-G1 and they emailed links to specifications for each.

Based on the information they sent and reviews, we chose the P759-G1. They sent a confirmation with a service request link and saying the shipment might be delayed due to Covid but the links did not work. We called to check the status. We were told the TV had been shipped and “there was nothing to worry about”. When we asked for a tracking number another supervisor told us the email was a “mistake”. The TV had not been shipped. The P759-G1 was not in the warehouse and they were trying to “find one”. We later received an email saying the TV had been shipped. The service number and tracking number links again did not work. We called and spoke to customer relations.

He acknowledged that he sent the email with the specifications for the two models. But he also stated there had been “multiple mistakes made across the four weeks”. We should not have been offered the two options. Our only option is the older defective model and the case is closed. He also refused to provide information for his supervisor. Said we could email him our complaint(s). Our original TV has a warranty through 2023. Vizio is sending a model with the same known issues and it will only have a one-month warranty. Because they are sending a “new” TV, the additional 3-year warranty is voided.

Original review: July 7, 2020

I bought a 65 inch smart tv from Walmart May 1st 2020. A week later it had a pixel line going from the top to the bottom of the screen. I had already thrown the box out so I decided to see if Vizio would replace it. Seems easy enough right? 2 weeks later they arrive with the replacement tv.. It was broken when it arrived 4 weeks later and 2 more replacement TVs all broken(4 TVs in total). It is now July 7th and I have a 65 inch tv that has no picture sitting in my living room. I am being told it’ll be another 4 to 6 weeks before I get my refund so I can look for a better tv that is NOT Vizio. The part that makes me the most angry is none of the people I have spoken to including a manager seem to actually care. They haven’t offered anything to try making the situation better. I wish I had just returned it to Walmart in the first place.

Original review: July 4, 2020

We had a home fire and insurance replaced all of our TVs 12 of them. Our older Vizio TV’s had been good sets for several years, now all of these will not stay connected to the Internet. There needs to be a suit brought against this company. We now have all of these TV’s and all Vizio will tell us is remove it from power and plug it back in. We have had to do that 8 times in one movies. We moved the 70” one from the den and now have a 55” TLC Roke one that works flawlessly. Consumer Reports should do a study on this to find out what the problem is we would even fund it.

Original review: June 29, 2020

The wifi connection loses its signal constantly only on this TV. I have to enter my password a lot to rehook up and have had to even reset the tv a couple times to get it to take my password again. All my other electronics have no issues in my house.

Vizio author review by ConsumerAffairs

Originally sold exclusively in warehouse clubs, Vizio has emerged to become one of North America's top-selling TV brands, offering a wide range of LED-based LCD TVs and available at many major retailers. The company's UHD TVs are the first to include Dolby's high-dynamic range vision technology.

• LED zones: Superior picture quality is achieved by 16 to 72 (depending on the series) active LED zones that adapt to you to deliver brighter brights and blacker blacks.

• Smarter TV: With a remote that has dedicated buttons for Netflix, Amazon and iHeartRadio and built-in apps and WiFi connectivity, Vizio takes Smart TV and makes it even smarter.

• Ultra HD: 4K Ultra HD models have ultra-sharp 2160p resolution that deliver superior picture quality, as well as upscaling for those times you're not watching 4K content.

• High-dynamic range: The Reference Series is available in 65 inch and 120 inch and comes in amazingly clear high-dynamic-range-enabled 4K Ultra HD, which is the benchmark for superior picture quality. With this TV, you will be ahead of the curve of the possible color spectrum.

• Wide range of models: Vizio offers TVs in several series for different consumers, from basic models to their Reference Series that has top-of-the-line technology and a cutting-edge design.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team