Vizio

Vizio Reviews

3.8/5 (530 ratings)

About Vizio Reviews

Vizio Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vizio?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vizio?

Original review: Feb. 8, 2022

Nice flat-screen full 1080-P & smart capabilities. No need for antenna or firestick. TV is super light & thin. I was able to mount it myself with no assistance. Was able to take advantage of Best Buy Price Match Guarantee in making the purchase. Good but not excellent picture quality. Price was lowest you can get outside Black Friday/X-Mas season.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

I own a Vizio 65 inch Smart Television. I have had this television for about a year and a half. I have been quite impressed with the picture quality. It is bright and sharp with great color. The sound is adequate, though it would be nice if it could be a better. Some movies and shows require the volume raised to the limit and there is a bit of vibration and distortion when it is that high. This is not a huge problem as nearly all other televisions I've had have required a soundbar to hear dialogue. This television is usually loud enough on its own. The only real issue I had with this television is when I lost the remote and accidentally reset the television to factory default the television was completely useless! I could not setup the television without the remote so it was stuck at the setup screen until I could go out and buy another remote...Every television should have enough controls on the television itself to at least operate it through setup.

Get buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2021

I have a 55" Visio that works very well with both satellite and streaming. The picture quality is very clear and bright making tv/movie watching a very good experience. The remote works extremely well with DirecTv and all of my streaming services. The sound is only just average, but adding a sound bar helps.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

I purchased because of the price/size. It wasn't too outrageous. I was surprised it came with Netflix and Hulu installed because my old TV is ancient and has no internet capabilities. We also discovered the screen casting feature and have been very happy about it. My only complaint is the HDMI input is only 3. For TV this price and how large I would hope they have more than just 3 inputs.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

We have had the television only one day but so good so far. Good setup instructions and the on-line setup is very good. I just wish I knew if I need to remove the four tape strips, one on top another on the bottom and one on each side? Does anyone know? This needs to be addressed in the documentation which I downloaded.

Original review: May 8, 2022

I wish I knew that Vizio tvs are not capable on accessing the internet via browser. If I knew I would not buy one, I did call customer support trying to return it since if was more than 3 months they refuse.

Original review: May 6, 2022

We purchased the Vizio V-Series 65 in. Class 4K HDR Smart TV V655-J09. BEWARE - After a couple months of using it occasionally the screen is GREEN from the middle to the bottom. Every time we turn it on, we see this screen and need to turn it off and back on. This is horrible and Vizio customer service manager was condescending and insulting by asking us how long we have worked in the TV electronics area, and that is saying nicely. We are a veteran family of over 20-years and worked in the electronic area for most of them. Their policy is that they must troubleshoot the issue before taking any action to fix or replace so we are stuck with a DEFECTIVE TV. Waste of money and time!

Original review: May 4, 2022

Only reason why I gave it a 2 star is because of the first 10 months I owned the tv. I bought a 40 inch Vizio TV about a year and a half ago. I was super excited since it was a smart TV and had the option to cast my phone to it. Also thought with it being a smart TV you can go to the App Store and get the apps you wanted, you can’t but being able to cast my phone to the tv solved that solution. The TV worked fine for about 10 months.

The only issue I had was that I had to unplug it like once a month. Didn’t bother me since I travel for work or personal stuff a lot. But about 8 months ago the problems keep getting worse and worse. From freezing for a few seconds to just closing apps. Now, I can’t even open up Netflix. Everything I watch, within 2-6 minutes, it ends up freezing for 3-10 seconds like it’s buffering when I know my internet is good enough so that’s not the issue. When using the remote EVERYTHING lags on it. Turning down the volume makes the TV lag, trying scroll through apps, turning the tv off, literally using their own home page makes it lag, everything is slow and lags. And there has maybe been 1 or 2 system update since I had it so nothing is getting accomplished with this tv.

On top of all that, you can’t add other apps. Or if you can, I can figure it out. For example one of the apps I watch a lot isn’t in the list of 100 apps you have to scroll through hoping the app you want is in it. Which takes and hour because of how slow the tv is. I mentioned casting my phone to the tv, that’s slower and more grainy than watching an app. It’s an absolute joke. I know I will never spend my money on a Vizio TV. Which is sad because the their old TVs were solid. If you only plan on having the TV short term, it’s an option. Otherwise don’t waste your time with a lemon.

Original review: April 22, 2022

Upgraded our 60 inch Vizio for a HDR 75 inch smart TV. Better picture and more options over our 8 year old Vizio. Well that excitement lasted 3 weeks, starts out slow having to unplug the TV from the wall once or twice a month to either get the picture back, be able to turn off tv, connect to internet, watch movies, gaming, basically use the TV. Well just past the 90 day return policy and now up to minimum 5 times a week having to due a hard reset to get this thing to work, 3 times in the last hour. I don't know what happened to Vizio, had such good luck with last TV. Over $800 wasted. Do yourself a favor, don't walk, run away from any Vizio product you may be considering, Junk, headache, boat anchor,. Friends don't let friends buy Vizio. Not too happy with Sam's Club either as a member of 28+ years for selling this crap and then refusing to help resolve issue. The Great news is I have a 3 year warranty on this excrement.

Original review: April 21, 2022

I just bought the TV. Did not noticed it cannot be unplugged from the TV itself. One has to unplug from the wall. It is located in my book shelf (8 feet tall full of books) I had to remove everything out to plug it on the wall, and put back all the books. After one month, it won't come on, told to unplug to reboot. Turned the TV around to unplug and realized I would have to remove all the books turn the furniture to the side, and so on. It is not a keeper. My Samsung needs to the unplugged too (I guess all of them need it now). I am 72 years old, even if one has to go down on their knees all the time to reboot, unplug and plug in, it is a joke. I am done with TV's, there is nothing to watch anyhow. Buy books!

Vizio author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Originally sold exclusively in warehouse clubs, Vizio has emerged to become one of North America's top-selling TV brands, offering a wide range of LED-based LCD TVs and available at many major retailers. The company's UHD TVs are the first to include Dolby's high-dynamic range vision technology.

• LED zones: Superior picture quality is achieved by 16 to 72 (depending on the series) active LED zones that adapt to you to deliver brighter brights and blacker blacks.

• Smarter TV: With a remote that has dedicated buttons for Netflix, Amazon and iHeartRadio and built-in apps and WiFi connectivity, Vizio takes Smart TV and makes it even smarter.

• Ultra HD: 4K Ultra HD models have ultra-sharp 2160p resolution that deliver superior picture quality, as well as upscaling for those times you're not watching 4K content.

• High-dynamic range: The Reference Series is available in 65 inch and 120 inch and comes in amazingly clear high-dynamic-range-enabled 4K Ultra HD, which is the benchmark for superior picture quality. With this TV, you will be ahead of the curve of the possible color spectrum.

• Wide range of models: Vizio offers TVs in several series for different consumers, from basic models to their Reference Series that has top-of-the-line technology and a cutting-edge design.

Vizio Company Information