2.32/5

Vizio Reviews

2391 Vizio Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 25, 2019

I purchased a Vizio television several months ago and after a while it began to randomly lose my WIFI signal. I called and spoke with a Vizio rep and they did some troubleshooting over the phone and when that didn't work, they sent someone out to replace the computer board. After several weeks, the TV started to have the same issue. I called and spoke with a rep and they gave me instructions in detail on how to send my television back to them and they would then send out a replacement. Overall the process was quite lengthy but they did everything they said they would do.

Original review: March 17, 2019

Quality item for not a lot of money. I didn't appreciate the models that only have a power button on the back side of it. You need the remote to adjust the volume and change the input. Also, it has a sensor that was only on the left corner of the screen which sometimes made it a bit hard to turn on the TV because you had to be exact. We bought that one no more than 4 years ago or so. Still works really well, great picture. The newer models are pretty cool. They have all of the remote option on the backside of the TV and it comes with apps that help me navigate through our children's show options. The first one we purchased lasted for about 12-15 years. We upgraded when the sound quality died. It started to sound like a busted subwoofer but the picture quality wasn't bad. I think we're still pretty loyal to the brand.

Get expert buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 9, 2019

I have had my television for around 5 years or so. I have had no problems with it at all. I am totally happy with everything about it. I am not one of those people that has to have the newest fabulous new bells and whistles. I want a tv that shows a great picture with great sound. The only thing wrong with the size is because I need a bigger screen. I have friends that have more expensive TVs that have already gone wacky. I have other friends with the same TVs as mine with the same story as mine. Their TVs are still up and running! I feel happy to recommend Vizio brand to anyone and everyone.

Original review: March 6, 2019

My experience with Vizio TVs is great. We have five TVs total in our house and they're all Vizio brand. My favorite thing about the Vizio TVs is the picture it puts out. It's as close to lifelike as it gets!!! Almost like you could really reach out and touch what is on the screen. There was one time I had to take my daughter’s TV back about two weeks after we bought it but it was only because the Power button was broke off inside the TV. No big deal, took it back and got another just like it and it works like a champ. Overall, I would TOTALLY recommend VIZIO brand for your home tv experience!!!

Original review: July 21, 2018

It is a 50 inch screen. Performance is usually good - but it is 10+ years old and is just HD 720. Only 2 HDMI ports - would like more. It occasionally "flacks out" and has to be unplugged and plugged back in to reset to normal operations. On the wall, adding a external antenna is almost impossible - as is access to almost ANY of the connections. Does have good sound, IMO. But not a smart tv. Overall, at the time of purchase, it was a good value. Not by today's standards. But the split screen function has been helpful and it has all the connections I need for my HTPC system -and it works fine. So it remains our primary TV.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vizio?

Original review: July 15, 2019

We purchased this item from Sam's Club. It worked for 1 day, and the picture went out - sound only. Upon contacting Vizio Customer Service, we were told that it would be repaired in 5-8 business days, which was ridiculous. It has now been over a month, and we are still waiting for repair. I contacted a CSR via chat this morning, and he lied to me, saying that they have been trying to call. There are no phone calls, missed or otherwise, on phone's registry for those days. Avoid this brand at all costs. Not worth the price.

Original review: July 13, 2019

If the screen or anything does not go right with it they will tell you to buy a new one. You cannot get a replacement screen. They make them but will not sell it to you. They will give you a runaround. If you have kids do not buy this set ever. You will not get a replacement screen. The internet is full of people looking to buy a replacement. If the screen cracks it trash even if the other part work. This is not good for earth making landfill garbage full of Vizio TVs.

Original review: July 10, 2019

This product is awful. I purchased a Vizio Smart TV 2-3 yrs ago. (Notice I said Smart TV.) Well here is the problem I have. I use to be able to watch Hulu on my Smart TV, is what I purchased the tv for, well today I was told that my Smart TV no longer support the Hulu app. WTH! Why I asked and was told the platform change and that my TV is no longer compatible, I have to go buy a Firestick or Roku. My question was why do I need to buy a device to make a smart TV a smart tv, this do not make any sense at all. And I said if I knew this I would I just purchased a regular old TV and a Firestick or Roku. This is the only tv that have this issue SO DO NOT BUY IT. Not worth it at all.

Original review: July 7, 2019

We purchased a 65" inch Smart TV in November 2017. There is a dark area on the left side of the screen. Called Vizio support. They said because it's out of warranty there is nothing they could do. And it's not cost effective to fix the tv. DO NOT BUY ANY VIZIO PRODUCT EVER!!!

Original review: July 7, 2019

I recently purchased a new 55" M Series Smart TV in the last month. Image is blurred/distorted especially when the scene is set in a dim or dark street setting. Based on pictures and images provided to VIZIO, the issue appears to be with one of the processors. As a result of not being able to provide a receipt (proof of purchase), they want to send me a refurbished unit as a replacement when I bought a brand new TV. Terrible policy and poor customer service. After researching VIZIO, I realized the processor is a frequent and major concern with this brand. I would never buy or recommend this brand to anyone.

Original review: July 7, 2019

We bought a $900 60" 4K smart TV. 6 months in, it had a light streak in it. Under warranty they replaced the tv. One year later and one month out of warranty the panel went causing dark spots. After getting to the highest person possible, they admitted the issue with that model, but I got an apology and basically you're out of luck. Way to back your products and customers. I'm Just disgusted with the entire company and their we can't do anything attitude. I'm out $900 and I'll never buy another Vizio product again. It's not worth the money or aggravation.

Original review: July 3, 2019

This TV is very user-friendly and guides you how to set up. Easy to follow instructions. It has a brightness and great picture. Clarity is very important in the tv. I would only buy this brand. Even if other brands are on sale, the quality of this brand is excellent.

Original review: July 1, 2019

I bought a Vizio TV about three months ago. It won’t get certain channels or Netflix or Hulu anymore. It goes black for no reason. I am a senior citizen with a limited income and I can’t afford to replace my TV. I’m so discouraged. What’s a person to do?

Original review: June 26, 2019

I received the Vizio D65-E0 television as a gift from the company I work for in July of 2018 (bought from Wal-Mart). The TV was purchased in May of 2018, but not opened until it was in my possession in July. Last week (June of 2019), the TV quit working. When I turn it on, the screen shows the Vizio logo for 15-20 seconds, turns off for 5 seconds, then turns back on with the Vizio logo and keeps repeating that process until I physically unplug the TV. The buttons on the remote won’t do anything, nor will the buttons on the TV. It has to be physically unplugged in order to completely shut the TV off. I first got in contact with Wal-Mart, and with no surprise, they directed me to Vizio because there was “nothing they could do”.

So I then called Vizio and spoke with their customer service department. They ran me through the “troubleshooting” processes, which I had already gone through after researching online (unplug the TV, hold the power button for 30 seconds, etc.). That didn’t work. So, the Vizio rep asked me the date of purchase, which I provided honestly as May of 2108, then explained that this was a gift and I didn’t physically receive the TV until July of 2018. That didn’t seem to matter to them. They said, and I quote, “we carry a 1-year warranty from date of purchase. We can’t help you.” As you can imagine, this was very unsettling (to say the least). I did not have the option to purchase an extended warranty on this particular TV since it was given to me as a gift.

I then went online to Vizio’s website and chatted with an online rep. After the same exact process I went through with them on the phone, the agent's response to me was “you can take it to a repair shop” (and obviously they weren’t going to cover that cost). They were completely unwilling to work with me, and telling me “you can take it to a repair shop” came across as they didn’t care one bit about customer loyalty. Very disappointing. Now if I had the TV for 2, 3, 4 years, I would understand, things happen. But that’s not the case! I’ve had the TV in my possession for 11 months! Shouldn’t Vizio be making products that actually last for more than 1 year??? After this experience, I will NEVER buy a Vizio TV again, nor will I purchase any electronics from Wal-Mart. Please take this into consideration when shopping for a television. Go with ANY other brand than Vizio, and buy from somewhere other than Wal-Mart!

Original review: June 21, 2019

I purchased 14 new Vizio LED tvs for our restaurant in July of 2017. After 12 months and 1 week, 4 of our 6 e70u-d3 TVs experienced backlight issues. Just out of warranty! The nonexistent customer service suggested I buy new ones since these were out of warranty. I did, but not with Vizio TVs. Since then, the other 2 70 inch TVs have backlight issues, since they are only in the corners, I'll leave them be for now. As I write this, just 2 years shy of the original purchase date, I noticed today that all 3 of my 55" Vizio LEDs are having backlight issues.

I would not recommend these TVs to anyone. I have 4 first generation LED tvs still hanging that are 5 years old and still working perfectly, they are Insignia LED TVs. I was just asked to install new TVs in another restaurant, I purchased all Insignia because they seem to last without issues. If you owned older Vizio that worked great and lasted...like myself. Don't bet the quality of the new ones are the same or better. If you are a lucky one, your new Vizio will produce a very nice picture. Unfortunately don't bet on it lasting long.

Original review: June 17, 2019

These TV's will die within 2 to 3 years. I have never had a TV die in the last 30 years with the exception of one back in the 80's due to invention of Mario Brothers and even that one was about a decade old. There is a defect that causes Vizio tvs to lose access to the power supply. This is a manufacturer failure. I know a few other people that have had the misfortune of experiencing the same black screen outage with their Vizio TV within a 2 to 3 year from date of purchase. I will not ever buy another Vizio.

Original review: June 17, 2019

I've had the TV 8 months, now the TV cuts off when trying to change the channel. Stays off about twenty minutes and cuts back on by itself. I have to go into the menu and reset the channels only to have it start all over again. When it's not showing a picture, it's jumping from red, green, blue and white. Never will I buy another one!!!

Original review: June 16, 2019

Almost all of my electronics are Vizio, it was my preferred choice of brand until recently. Unfortunately I've come to find that they do not stand behind their product. My first Vizio TV lasted two years until the picture started to fade slowly in different parts of the screen. Come to find out the LED strips we going out. I contacted Vizio and they offered a solution. They offered a new TV at a discounted price. Ok fair enough it was past the one year manufacturer's warranty. I was happy with this solution. On to my "new" TV. Six months later the audio wouldn't turn on when the TV was turned on. We had to turn the TV off then turn it back on again for the audio, pretty annoying?!?! I contacted Vizio, they helped me fix it.

Two months later the same issue started again. Contacted Vizio, they ran me through the process again. Now exactly one year later the audio is acting up and the TV now likes to turn off randomly. Our remotes are on the table so no one is accidentally pressing a button. Contact Vizio, now because it's been over a year there is nothing they can do about it but give me another offer to purchase another TV at a discounted price. What am I an idiot? They offer crap product and crap customer service. I had a Samsung Blu-ray and sound bar system for 2 years until it stopped working, Samsung offered my money back, I had loved my Vizio TV so much I actually went with a Vizio sound bar instead of replacing my Samsung with another Samsung. Big mistake there. I will never buy another Vizio product again and will warn my family and friends of their product and service. They rob you of product and money.

Original review: June 10, 2019

We purchased our tv in July 2018. It worked well for a while. After several months though it would drop the WiFi signal and it would sound distorted at times. In May of 2019, the tv had a large “dot” show up on the screen. Every couple of days, a new dot would show up and now it also has several lines as well. I’ve contacted customer service as I still have warranty. I’m now arguing with their tech team because they keep saying WE damaged the tv! That there is nothing internally that could cause this! I have repeatedly told them that there has been no damage done to the tv but they are refusing to help at all. The images do not show all of the lines and “dots” that it now has.

Original review: June 9, 2019

I do not use it much but so far so good. The picture quality is better than my old one so I am satisfied. In addition, it was a gift so I really cannot complain. I would recommend it to others because I have yet to have any problems after over 10 years.

Original review: June 8, 2019

I bought a 55" Vizio and within 3 years I lost my picture (went dark). A Vizio customer service representative told me it would be cheaper to replace it rather than fix it. I have my son's old off brand tv now that he replaced years ago and it works perfect! Is it too much to ask that when you buy a new tv, that it lasts more that 3 years? There should be a recall or VIZIO should be really looked at by CONSUMER AFFAIRS, FTC, BBB, or?? This can't be right that all these people including myself have been mislead by their advertising and basically ripped off by VIZIO who knows that their product is defective.

Original review: June 7, 2019

I purchased this TV without researching. BIG MISTAKE! It’s a piece of junk. Even though it’s listed as a “Smart TV.” My internet provider does not acknowledge this brand Vizio. Calling customer service is a nightmare. They don’t speak ENGLISH. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY in spite of being cheap. You get what you pay for. In this case you spend money for junk. To be honest you get better stuff out of dumpsters.

Original review: June 5, 2019

I bought the TV a month ago and it produces a humming sound when you connect a sound bar or external speakers. They kept saying it was the speakers' fault and to contact the speaker manufacturer. I connected a new set of speakers, same issue. Headphones, same. Then they said since they weren't Vizio speakers they wouldn't cover it under warranty. This is my 3rd TV using these same speakers. That didn't matter to them. They will look for any and every excuse to not honor the warranty. Horrible people. Beware! Do not buy a VIZIO!

Original review: May 28, 2019

Sucks. Avoid! SmartCast never works and Lord Almighty they can't even get simple things right. This is not a smart TV. It doesn't even have a YouTube app or HBO app. And when I call customer service to complain they literally just tell me to SmartCast. But again, SmartCast NEVER works. This TV is useless if you're looking for a smart TV experience. All customer service keeps telling me is they're working on an update. Again, not even an application store. Very dissatisfied.

Original review: May 28, 2019

Slow and laggy. I've already wasted enough time messing with the junk TV, I really don't want to waste any more here on this review. But I would like to help prevent people from wasting their money by buying one. If you want a frustrating experience where you want to throw the remote across the room, buy a Vizio. You have been warned.

Original review: May 28, 2019

When I first got my Vizio TV in 2015 everything was great. Things took a turn for the worse when Hulu updated their app. Vizio did not. It's been over a year & I waited hoping Vizio would. They have not. Today, 5/27/19 I called & the representative explained that I had the new firmware. I explained to her that yes, I was fully aware of that. The problem is that Vizio has "not" updated the Hulu app in "any" new update.

This is why when I add shows/movies to my list via the PC but it does not show up on my list when I turn the TV on. Or when I see a movie is now on Hulu (when I'm on the PC) but when I search for it on the TV it's not even listed. That's because Vizio has not updated their Hulu app. The Vizio representative kept parroting to me that my firmware was updated however neglecting to address the elephant in the room. Which was that the Hulu app was not updated in none of the updates otherwise the old format for Hulu (which I still have on the TV) is not the one I have on the PC. I would not recommend this company to anyone. Sure the picture quality is great but that can be accomplished with other companies who will actually update everything.

Original review: May 27, 2019

I honestly do not believe it is possible to create a remote that is hard to use as the one for "smart" functions (Youtube, Netflix, etc). It can easily take 10 minutes to type in just one Youtube title. Also, do not be surprised if your TV locks up... even to the point that you can not turn off your TV and have to unplug the stupid thing. The damned thing also likes to stop playing and jump to regular TV frequently. Yes, the image is great, but i prefer my cheapo Roku TV that's in the other room to this.

Original review: May 27, 2019

Difficult to use. I have only had this tv for a few weeks, bear in mind that I have not yet mastered these new concepts, but at best, it is frustrating. Just a buyer beware that you would need to sit with this purchase for some time to get it to do what you want it to. Be patient or do not throw the receipt away too soon.

Original review: May 25, 2019

This is a terrible company with terrible customer service. In the beginning of May we started a claim with our 70” tv because the sound went out. They started a claim and said they would replace it under warranty. Cool. So they shipped one out with a third party company, pilot, a company I have never heard of. They shipped the tv to Phoenix and the tracking number said out for delivery. I called because I don’t live in Phoenix. When I told them where I lived, they told me they don’t deliver to my area. They then shipped it back. Vizio sent it out to another third party, Manna, (another company no one has ever heard of) and Manna gave me a delivery window of 6/17 to 6/21. Absolutely not.

Manna sent it to yet another shipper, Elite (you guessed it, another nonbrand name shipped) who says that due to my rural area (YUMA) they wouldn’t be able to deliver it till 6/14. So here we are, Memorial weekend with no working tv. I have spoken to several supervisors and they all want 24-48 hours to look into the situation and they will get back to me. Worst service ever. I will never, ever again buy anything Vizio.

Original review: May 24, 2019

I have 3 Vizio TVs in my house and was going to upgrade to a 50 inch so after having no issues with the others I didn't even consider another brand. Well I should have... I purchased a 50 inch Vizio smart tv. After 3 years of enjoying it, I got up to turn on the news and about 15 minutes into the program the screen went black and it started smelling like it was burning. The bottom left corner of the screen actually melted and got disfigured. I turned it off and unplugged it. I called Vizio to ask them about it because as everyone does when they want to know about something, I Google it!

This is an issue with the 50 inch smart TVs. It is well documented and known by Vizio. I was told by the first representative that it would be replaced, all I need to do is take a couple pics of the damage and they will replace it. That didn't happen. I was told by the 3rd representative that there was nothing they could do. They admitted on the call that it was a safety issue but it didn't matter. The damage wasn't caused by me but it didn't matter. You would think that something you paid that much money for would last longer than it did. Needless to say I will never buy another Vizio product! Very disappointed with that company!

Vizio expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Originally sold exclusively in warehouse clubs, Vizio has emerged to become one of North America's top-selling TV brands, offering a wide range of LED-based LCD TVs and available at many major retailers. The company's UHD TVs are the first to include Dolby's high-dynamic range vision technology.

• LED zones: Superior picture quality is achieved by 16 to 72 (depending on the series) active LED zones that adapt to you to deliver brighter brights and blacker blacks.

• Smarter TV: With a remote that has dedicated buttons for Netflix, Amazon and iHeartRadio and built-in apps and WiFi connectivity, Vizio takes Smart TV and makes it even smarter.

• Ultra HD: 4K Ultra HD models have ultra-sharp 2160p resolution that deliver superior picture quality, as well as upscaling for those times you're not watching 4K content.

• High-dynamic range: The Reference Series is available in 65 inch and 120 inch and comes in amazingly clear high-dynamic-range-enabled 4K Ultra HD, which is the benchmark for superior picture quality. With this TV, you will be ahead of the curve of the possible color spectrum.

• Wide range of models: Vizio offers TVs in several series for different consumers, from basic models to their Reference Series that has top-of-the-line technology and a cutting-edge design.

• Best for: Movie and TV connoisseurs, bargain shoppers, home-theater enthusiasts and researchers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs