Vizio Reviews

Vizio
Shop on Amazon
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.37/5

Vizio Reviews

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

My dad ordered a Vizio refurbished speaker from Walmart.com & it stopped working properly. I called on behalf of him just to see if I could fix it myself, but was informed that it’s probably an internal error. Vizio themselves told me they could repair it for me after I submitted proof of purchase through email. I did so, & a day later, they sent me all the materials to send the speaker back completely free of charge. I sent it back & within 2 weeks, we have a new speaker that works flawlessly, completely free & hassle free as well. Couldn’t ask for more of a wonderful experience with customer service. Has been the best experience ever, actually. Thank you so much, Vizio! Now a lifelong customer!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

I was very nervous when I requested a warranty replacement for my new TV based on complaints online. The TV I had was less than a year old and had developed red spots on the screen for some reason. I called them and told them the problem and the gentleman I spoke with simply sent me an email with a link to upload pictures of the problem. A few days later I called back and was informed that the request had been approved and I would be getting a replacement. The claim portal had stated that I would be getting a refurbished version of the same TV I had, which was fine since it was a year old almost already. To my surprise when it arrived it was a brand new TV! I was very happy with their customer service and it was painless to get a replacement. Whatever you may think about their TV's (I think they are great) their warranty department was great!

Get buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2019

I bought this TV from Best Buy about 3 years ago after my previous LG TV got really hot and melted! I've been a big fan of it ever since. My family has DirecTV, Dish, local cable, every single streaming service that there is, and like 4 or 5 video game systems yet we only allow each child to watch 30 minutes per day during the week and 6 hours/day on the weekends. Being in SoCal I watch every USC women's game in every sport, so I need all those services. My husband's father lives with us and loves classic sitcoms like Leave It to Beaver and The Brady Bunch and Father Dowling Mysteries so we have to have all these streaming things for his tastes. Guess what, the TV handles all of it. We have every input filled and a few extra cords that have no place to go and have to switch them out, so I guess that is my only rhubarb with this TV is they could have like 10 more HDMI ports.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

We are very happy with Vizio.. We have had our tvs for years and they still look fabulous. I would not buy any other brand. The elegant look, and the price are and were just right! My family comes from Puerto Rico to visit and they love our Vizios. They are looking into purchasing this product. I have recommended to our friends and they have purchased a Vizio t.v. They are very happy that I told them about this awesome product. Truth be told we have had ours for more that 10 years. Yup, Good product! So if anyone is interested in purchasing a good and long lasting t.v. with great features and very easy to operate. Buy a Vizio!!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

Because I loved my Vizio so much, I told my son who is a gamer, to get a Vizio. I told him it's the only one that will work with his games without a "lag". I was right, he discovered, but only after he tried literally every other brand of t.v. first. (The nerve of him! lol) But true, he had to find out for himself and did find out that not only is Vizio the best brand of t.v. to work with his multitude of gaming consoles, but he also found out that... You guessed it, Mom's always right! :)

Besides all that, even if you're not a gamer, Vizio has proven to be a great t.v. for me - a non-gamer. I purchased mine over six years ago and it is still running strong today. It has apps pre-installed for YouTube, Netflix, and a bunch of others I can't remember because I don't use all of them. It has plug-in things on the side that I can plug an HDMI cord into so I can see my laptop screen on my television! How freaking cool is that??!! I love that because I can actually see my laptop screen that way - I'm almost 60 years old and my eyes are really aging much faster than the rest of me which looks as though I'm only 30, can you believe it? (Wink, wink.)

There are a bunch of other plug holes for who knows what. The only thing I don't like about this t.v. is where the cable or antenna screws into is very inconvenient. It's so difficult for even one of my kids to screw the cable into, I know it's not just me this time. Usually when I find myself getting frustrated with something, one or both of them will say, "Oh Mom! Let me get that for you!" but when I ask them to help me screw in the cable on my t.v. both of them are suddenly too busy to help me. Yeah, r-i-g-h-t!!! That's okay because I rarely need to do that thank goodness.

All in all, this is one of the best televisions we've owned and that's coming from one who started out with an old black and white with only three channel choices on it! Seriously! We used to have to get up off our butts to change the channel on our t.v.s! We never knew who was calling us on the phone until we answered it! Wow. These kids today don't know how easy they have it. Sheesh.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vizio?

Original review: May 26, 2020

I bought a 65" Verizon TV. It only lasted 7 months and started going out a little at a time until it died completely. Verizon sent me a replacement TV. Unfortunately it was a refurbished model. The LED screen was hanging out of the black frame. On top of that, the TV started doing the same thing the last one did. I did not notice the screen right away. When I did, I contacted Vizio. They would not do anything. I even purchased the extended warranty but even after exhausting attempts with Vizio they refused to do anything. Buy a different brand!!!

Original review: May 26, 2020

I cannot stress enough how horrible our experience has been with Vizio. It is an E 70 series. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. At times it turns off all of a sudden. I've gone through the manual, went through the online recommendations, but still the problems continue. It is like Vegas each time we attempt to watch...gambling each time that the tv will work properly. Their support service is just as inept. They will gladly charge you, but not very helpful. Don't waste the money; get another brand...RCL, LG. This has been a poor experience.

Original review: May 19, 2020

Purchased a 70" Vizio Smartcast TV through Costco. Throughout the use of the TV, we experience recurring issues (see list below). During the first few months of the issues, we tried to troubleshoot ourselves through power cycle, forced power off, unplug and restart etc. However, it has been occurring constantly that we decided to call Costco support in Dec 2019. Eventually, we were referred to Vizio support in February 2020. I have made 10+ calls to Vizio support to continuously follow-up and to-date, no resolution and no refund received. This has been the longest, most inefficient, and most frustrating customer service I encountered, not to mention the quality of the TV is a lemon. To list some of the issues with the TV are as follows:

1. screen goes blank
      2. sound goes off
      3. watching a show i.e. on Netflix abruptly stops and disconnected from the app

4. Smartcast not responding in spite that internet connection is high speed

Vizio customer support is inefficient, ineffective, and so far, portraying to cheat the process. In my recent follow-up, they are using the pandemic as an excuse for their delay and lack of follow-through, but this was a case that started months prior, not to mention this was an expensive purchase.

Original review: May 17, 2020

65" TV burnt out in 5 years. 50 tv all HDMI port stopped working after a couple years. The TV without menu button on the remote is a royal pain. You have to access the menu thru an app on your phone and it doesn't connect. I also bought a Vizio that had no Tuner and didn't know that until I tried to hook up a tv antenna to it. I will never buy another Vizio.

Original review: May 13, 2020

My brand new 65 inch TV (~6 month old) stopped working suddenly and could not even turn on. I contacted Vizio on the basis of warranty, they said they cannot replace the TV straight away. They promised they would first send a tech to look/repair the TV in 2/3 days and yes, two weeks down the line, I am still waiting. Every time you call them, you find a new rep with a different story and yes, you are purely treated as a bother. Vizio to me is a no go zone!!!!

Vizio author review by ConsumerAffairs

Originally sold exclusively in warehouse clubs, Vizio has emerged to become one of North America's top-selling TV brands, offering a wide range of LED-based LCD TVs and available at many major retailers. The company's UHD TVs are the first to include Dolby's high-dynamic range vision technology.

• LED zones: Superior picture quality is achieved by 16 to 72 (depending on the series) active LED zones that adapt to you to deliver brighter brights and blacker blacks.

• Smarter TV: With a remote that has dedicated buttons for Netflix, Amazon and iHeartRadio and built-in apps and WiFi connectivity, Vizio takes Smart TV and makes it even smarter.

• Ultra HD: 4K Ultra HD models have ultra-sharp 2160p resolution that deliver superior picture quality, as well as upscaling for those times you're not watching 4K content.

• High-dynamic range: The Reference Series is available in 65 inch and 120 inch and comes in amazingly clear high-dynamic-range-enabled 4K Ultra HD, which is the benchmark for superior picture quality. With this TV, you will be ahead of the curve of the possible color spectrum.

• Wide range of models: Vizio offers TVs in several series for different consumers, from basic models to their Reference Series that has top-of-the-line technology and a cutting-edge design.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team