2.58/5
Based on 212 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Vizio Reviews

Last updated: May 18, 2018

2171 Vizio Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 18, 2018

Purchased a TV made by VIZIO (65" 4K Smart TV) for 1000 dollars and it went out within a year and a half. I tried to get any sort of help from their customer support and was told that since I've owned it for a year that I cannot receive any support. Do not buy, TVs will stop working and you cannot rely on them to fix faulty products. HUGE waste of money.

Original review: May 16, 2018

Bought two new 60" Vizio Tvs in 2015. One for myself and one for my son for his birthday. They both went out within one week apart, like they were made to do this? Both sets stopped working with NO PICTURE and NO SOUND! We fixed the sets by ordering parts, but in a questing game way. We still came out a lot cheaper by our own repairs, but most people will fall into the costly repairs from service.

Get expert buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 10, 2018

I love the fact that when guest comes over, they are in shock of how much a flat screen gives the view, I would recommend this product to anyone. I am a satisfied customer.

Original review: May 10, 2018

Had the "high definition" been higher; that is, razor sharp, I'd have been happier. As it is, I am satisfied; I got a good price.

Original review: May 9, 2018

The television has performed flawlessly over a period of years. The picture is crisp and clear. I really only have one minor complaint being it seems to lack good volume.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vizio?

Original review: May 8, 2018

The sound needs work. With a soundbar it works great. Love that I can cast from my computer or phones to it and it has been great at doing that. We haven't had any issues with the TV. I think the issues we have had are from the cable not the TV. The picture has been great on the Xbox One. The NCAA basketball tournament, NHRA, and NASCAR has been great to watch on this TV and it had no problems keeping up with the action.

Original review: May 7, 2018

Just purchased a 55 inch Vizio TV from Best Buy on 3/22/18. Today is 5/6/18. Our TV has shut off on its own about 4 times in the past week, then has to be completely rebooted to factory setting, is a real hassle and aggravating, from what little I have read from this website, they are pretty much all lemons. Best Buy has a poor return policy but I’m going to give them a call anyways but my expectations are very low from past experience and will not be purchasing anymore Vizio products.

Original review: May 7, 2018

Being a smart tv will enable me to lose the overpriced cable bill. I loved this brand so much I purchased two! The picture quality is extremely clear. The color is beautiful.

Original review: May 7, 2018

My Vizio is an older model and missed the smart t.v upgrade. Yet as an 2009 version it has a perfect picture, a dual screen (LCD), operation instructions are easy to follow. The sound, not as good, and it's difficult to connect surround sound. I'm sure I will find a sufficient sound system for it. I've had Sony, Magnavox, all main stream, brand names. Vizio I will put in the same league of durability and quality.

Original review: May 6, 2018

Out of most brands out there this one is very good. I have worked on TV's this one is easy to work on and one that doesnt seem to break down as much.

Original review: May 6, 2018

Overall my experience has been great with the entire Vizio product line and the television (Smart TV) is absolutely worth every dollar I spent on it. The TV works beyond pristine. I highly would recommend this brand over other classic brands to family members, friends and strangers. I plan to continue to purchase technology from this brand.

Original review: May 5, 2018

It really works great. Zero complaints. We've had one for close to 15 years, another for more than 12, another for over 5 in different rooms... and they all work great. Another littler, 32" was used for tradeshow presentations... and was far better than our very expensive projector because the TV was way brighter.

Original review: May 5, 2018

I've owned several different LED TVs and Vizio has been the best picture by far, easiest to program, best color, just overall TV I've had by far!!

Original review: May 4, 2018

I was sold a defective flat screen 23" HDTV. First Vizio purchase. HDMI port worked intermittently over several months. Didn't address the problem because I was mostly viewing Netflix via wireless connection. When I tried to view via cable box found HDMI port problem. Tried to get satisfaction from Vizio's "Top rated Customer Support". They blew me off. Won’t buy another.

Original review: May 4, 2018

The edges of Vizio are so thin it is easy to damage the screen by just holding the TV which makes it difficult to hang on a wall. The picture and sound are great though.

Original review: May 4, 2018

Terrific products for a great price, excellent value overall, never a single problem with any Vizio product we've owned. I would probably never buy a TV from any other manufacturer at this point.

Original review: May 3, 2018

Vizio is a great TV with a fantastic picture and we love that it's a Smart TV. Excellent TV for the price we paid. We recently moved and in our new home we have it mounted on the wall.

Original review: May 2, 2018

My experience with my Vizio 42" TV has been an excellent pleasure, bought on sale, it works great and gives this old retired lady a great deal of pleasure during the day. I found it to be a fantastic TV in HD and excellent sound.

Original review: May 1, 2018

It's a perfect size, with a remote control that is easy to use and is all inclusive of what I need to do, at any given session, of what I need to find or do on the TV. The picture, as of late, has been experiencing some difficulty in staying perfect; it keeps breaking up and about 3-4 mins. per session and is definitely a pain in the butt and has me worrying if the problem is fixable or am I going to have to spend MORE money in getting the TV back to working properly.

Original review: April 30, 2018

We bought a Vizio last year after moving into a new place. It's a 55" flat screen 1080 HD. Very low profile, lightweight. Works great, smart TV. Fits perfectly on the wall, was easy to put up and there's not a lot of extra nothingness around the edges. Great color, great sound. We are very pleased with our purchase.

Original review: April 29, 2018

I like the Vizio TV and I like the cost of it but hiding the buttons has to stop. When you can't get the remote to work you are just out of luck.

Original review: April 29, 2018

This brand was a recommendation from someone to us, so we went with it. We ended up buying 3, have loved them ever since. We have never had any trouble with any of them. Great brand.

Original review: April 28, 2018

It is a lightweight but solid tv. The screen display is clear with vibrant colors that is real to life, not fake. The sound system needs a lot of improvement. Needs more depth and bass. Right now it is more like listening to a transistor radio.

Original review: April 28, 2018

The price for this tv (60" for $698) was a good value. Fits perfectly on my mantle and screen has a great picture. But, again, on certain channels and/or during movies, whether a movie being aired or a movie popped into the dvd/bluray player, the volume drops so low a sound bar I have hooked up has to be used. So, other than the sound problem and the VERY SMALL remote it comes with, which I lost and NEVER FOUND in the first week of having the tv, this tv is a good bargain.

Original review: April 27, 2018

The screen developed a thin blue line on my Vizio M70c3. After contacting Vizio I was told my warranty is expired and I need to replace the TV and they would offer a small discount on the price. Terrible customer service and support. Avoid Vizio.

Original review: April 27, 2018

Vizio provides great customer service when you need assistance. TVs are reliable and seldom cause problems. After 7 years it is still working great.

Original review: April 26, 2018

I have had it for some time, yes it was expensive when I purchased it. Now that it is a couple of years old, it will freeze up from time to time. That usually happens right in the middle of a movie then I have to go unplug it and replug it and start the movie all over again.

Original review: April 26, 2018

We bought 2 Vizios and one quit after 5 years. The value is great, holds up good, could be a little less heavy, has enough plugs in the back for other media, remote control easy to use.

Original review: April 25, 2018

I've had several brands of TV's over the years and the Vizio has the sharpest, clearest HD picture of all of them. An excellent value.

Original review: April 25, 2018

I have loved this TV for over 2 years now, and for the price it was and the size it is, perfect for me at 37 in, I would recommend it vehemently. The only true negative I have found has been the menu/settings and after 2 years I rather not go into adjusting or changing things there. It still is far from clear or even sensible to me and to others on how to get to tinker with anything in that way. BUT everything else is awesome and more than worth the price. It also has a slew of hookup options in the back to connect with with a whopping 3 HDMI spots which I have for example a Chromecast as well as an Amazon Fire stick and finally an HDMI cord for laptops and such, a couple component spots as well a couple auxiliary and so on.

So I don't see it possible to complain on connectivity even a smidge. The picture's fine enough, a much more expensive TV may be a bit sharper or fine picture, but I'm satisfied with mine - and honestly, if I could play with my settings in my menu comfortably or just even at all it might tune it up still a bit finer I'm sure. I feel it's an awesome purchase.

Vizio expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Originally sold exclusively in warehouse clubs, Vizio has emerged to become one of North America's top-selling TV brands, offering a wide range of LED-based LCD TVs and available at many major retailers. The company's UHD TVs are the first to include Dolby's high-dynamic range vision technology.

• LED zones: Superior picture quality is achieved by 16 to 72 (depending on the series) active LED zones that adapt to you to deliver brighter brights and blacker blacks.

• Smarter TV: With a remote that has dedicated buttons for Netflix, Amazon and iHeartRadio and built-in apps and WiFi connectivity, Vizio takes Smart TV and makes it even smarter.

• Ultra HD: 4K Ultra HD models have ultra-sharp 2160p resolution that deliver superior picture quality, as well as upscaling for those times you're not watching 4K content.

• High-dynamic range: The Reference Series is available in 65 inch and 120 inch and comes in amazingly clear high-dynamic-range-enabled 4K Ultra HD, which is the benchmark for superior picture quality. With this TV, you will be ahead of the curve of the possible color spectrum.

• Wide range of models: Vizio offers TVs in several series for different consumers, from basic models to their Reference Series that has top-of-the-line technology and a cutting-edge design.

• Best for: Movie and TV connoisseurs, bargain shoppers, home-theater enthusiasts and researchers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs