1.94/5

Vizio Reviews

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

2259 Vizio Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I purchased a Vizio TV model # MC50-C1 on 12/15/2015 from Costco. In December 2018 the remote stopped working and I had to buy a new one. On 01/22/2019 the TV stopped working. The TV has sound but no picture just black screen with faint light. I did all the troubleshooting recommendations to no avail. I called the company and basically they said there is nothing they can do with this issue. I am going to buy a new TV and It will not be a VIZIO.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I have a 70 inch Vizio smart TV that's 13 month old. The screen keeps getting darker day by day. Vizio company would not do anything for me because the TV was out of warranty for less than a month. They referred me to an outside company of their choice that told me my TV NEEDED A NEW screen but would not do the work because it is not cost effective. I have a 1300 dollar Vizio TV that is going to the landfill. SAD.

Get expert buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

We tried calibrating our picture on a Vizio TV we purchased from its original who said he couldn’t figure out why the screen was so dark. Upon googling some reasons for this, it seemed fixable with a new HDMI cord or resetting factory defaults. When none of this worked, and the screen still had saturation and green instead of black backgrounds, we contacted Vizio customer support. After manually entering some picture settings, the colors were still off. Immediately the representative responded with “This is a panel failure and deemed ‘beyond economical repair.’” I.e. buy a new TV; this one is broken, but you’ll get no support from the company.

I asked if there was an estimated cost of repair. The rep could not supply one and said we have to look into “local television repair companies” ourselves. I asked, "If we are not the original owners, how do we look into extended warranty?", and the response was unhelpfully “Ask the original owner” as though we keep in daily contact. I even looked for any answers online and all I find was that Vizio does not in fact to ANYTHING when this happens.

The TV is less than 4 years old. We will be buying a new TV, but it will NOT be Vizio. Customer support should be more helpful when the problem is in the hardware and not by any means the fault of the customer. This is disappointing because we have a second Vizio TV and would have liked to remain loyal to the brand, but this experienced has proved there are better companies putting more reliable equipment into their TVs and, furthermore, reliable when it comes to assisting customers instead of shutting them down when their own product malfunctions.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

Bought my first Vizio tv last week... Very disappointed. I bought a smart tv because I wanted Sling TV, which the sales associate assured me I could get. Got the tv home... No Sling Tv app. Called Vizio, nope. Sling not available (For those of you not familiar, Sling TV is the latest fad and it is really great). I've had 2 LG tvs, they really are the best. But saw a great deal on a Vizio. Now I know why... They are not good quality tvs.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

I bought this television to replace an aging Samsung, biggest mistake I have ever made. The tv has had annoying issues from day one but now Vizio has run a software/firmware update and now the tv does not work at all. Way to go Vizio, why didn't you leave well enough alone. I will be putting the old Samsung back into service and placing the Vizio in the recycle bin where it belongs. In short, BUYER BEWARE! Lower price is not a deal, stay away from this company. (Tried their customer service, waste of time. Scripted answers, no help at all.)

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vizio?

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

Bought 2 Vizio TVs. TVs freeze have to be restarted often. One got so bad they said, "Send it in." I dropped it while packaging it. Wouldnt help with a thing. And I had the extended warranty that said that would cover this. Also they dont keep up with their tvs. When I got said tv it had Youtube and Hulu. Now said apps are not on the tvs anymore. They do not update their apps well. I bought a Samsung one and lo and behold. No problems costs me less and way better quality. Lost a customer for life here.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

In a 1 month span I went through 3 Vizio TVs (2 of them being p65f1s), returning all of them. The tv itself has a solid panel; video games, tv shows/movies looked great. With that being said, there were consistent issues with all the TVs I received - most notably being vertical banding (basically shadow bars extending vertically across the panel that were very noticeable when watching hockey games). Next, the smart TV interface was sluggish - and (on the last unit I received) when watching Netflix, the tv would randomly factory reset. After purchasing and returning 3 Vizio TVs it's evident that there are clear quality control issues with this brand. If you want the best value for your money, these are great TVs - but if you want less of a headache, it's best to go with a more reputable brand.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

My 14 month old Vizio has been acting up for months. If I turn the power off the SmartCast crashes. The cursor spins for 5 minutes before saying "SmartCast cannot connect at this time" - SO I can never turn the tv off! I literally have to get into settings and hit "blank screen". Cust service knows it's a problem, they may as just record a message telling you to pull the plug for ten seconds. LOL. I'm an inch away from buying a Roku and giving up on "SmartCast", guess it's probably why Vizio is referring to it just as CAST now... Pass on Vizio IMO.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Bought a Vizio D series 65" 4k for Xmas 2015; for a thousand dollars. Worked beautifully until a few days ago when the screen stays on for 2-3 minutes then goes black. Tried troubleshooting with cable box, PS4 and Xbox - same issue. I call the company - they say unplug it and plug it back in. Duh you think. Problem still persists. Guys says there's a problem with display and they can't do anything about it. Never buy a Vizio. There's a reason they're the least expensive TV. They do not stand behind their products. Customer support is a joke, un-plug and plug back in, that didn't work. We got nothing; lol. What a joke of a company. Will never buy a cheap set again.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

What a horrible TV. Don't bother with this one!! I have a D40-G9 brand new. NO manual for starters BUT once I located it on the internet it still doesn't answer the question how to move between the apps. UGH!!! And back to local programming. Wouldn't it be nice if they would indicate how to do this?? No, I hate this POS. Simple info would be nice but... POS.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

Purchased Vizio 50 inch 4K from Costco one year ago. I took the extended warranty. Very satisfied with the TV. Excellent color and resolution. I have had no problems with it and will be purchasing another one soon.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

My Vizio TV went blank. I am trying to repair it so I removed the screws but the damn back panel won't come off. Vizio products are worthless, crap. Do not waste your money. You will regret it. The only smart thing is the programming "out" of all Libtard, Democrat senators, CNN, MSNBC, globalist scumbags and the programming "in" of our great President Trump, American patriots, conservatives, Republicans and the only real news network which is the awesome Fox News. Their tvs are pieces of **!!!!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

I bought a Vizio tv in 2016. It lasted a little over a year then the LED lights went out. Blindly, I then purchased a brand new Vizio smart tv. Now there is no way to update my apps or surf on the internet from my tv. The apps keep buffering because they won't update and with my prior tv, you could actually get on the internet and surf on the tv. This tv is linked through Yahoo apps and half of the features for them are no longer available... This tv is less than a year old and the apps are already obsolete... Ridiculous. Will NEVER buy another Vizio product, EVER.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

About 17 months after purchase screen went out. Went through all the troubleshooting and was granted a refurbished unit. Made the initial contact on December 13th and am finally slated to receive my refurb today. It seems ridiculous to have to wait 2+ weeks for a warranty replacement. I am currently using my 11 year old Samsung that STILL works great. As others have stated, it might be worth it to buy a more reputable brand. Hoping for the best with this "new" model.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

Denied replacement - 12 months ago I had an issue with this identical unit that the sound and video fell out of sync. Troubleshooted cable service, changed out cable boxes and finally determined it was the TV. Was within the 12 month warranty and an identical replacement unit was sent. Well within 12 months and 12 days the same issue has reoccurred. But since I am 12 DAYS outside the warranty too bad, gotta buy another TV, never again VIZIO!!!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I purchased a 50" for the Mrs. a few years ago. As she is disabled, she watches the television for up to 20 hours a day. The television to this day still had a crisp clear picture. The television was purchased at Walmart for a very reasonable price. All in all I consider this Television as an excellent buy.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

On the day before Christmas Eve 2018, our barely 3-year-old 65" Vizio's screen went out, though audio continues to play. Vizio's customer service team tells me that the backlight is bad, and since I'm out of warranty all they can offer is to sell me a new TV. They offered to sell me a 65" for $720, which they claim is discounted but is $120 over what I could buy it from at the local Best Buy (according to a quick Google search they have a similar model for $599).

My wife and I have five boys, ages 1-15. Pretty much all of the gifts that will be under the Christmas tree tomorrow are somehow related to this TV (a new Nintendo Switch game system, multiple games, a Roku for the TV, and other accessories). We are a single-income household and don't have ANY leftover funds after Christmas shopping, let alone a spare $720 to replace a lemon 65" Vizio. It's a real-life nightmare before Christmas scenario. I couldn't be more disappointed with Vizio quality of product and customer service.

I've written to their CEO, President, VPs, and Digital Team, asking them to treat this as in warranty and send me a replacement if they want to keep a loyal customer (we currently have three Vizios in our house). Will report back if I hear from them that they can do anything substantive for me, but if not they've not only lost me as a customer for life but gained a very vocal critic... Maybe I'll write Samsung too and offer my story for advertising, as I hear they have good customer service and marketing teams and value their brand reputation.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

Vizio has a clear, bright picture. The controller is easy to use. It comes in many different sizes to choose from and the cost is not overly expensive. They are available in many stores. We love our Vizio TV.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I purchased 2 Vizio Smart TVs that are about 2 1/2 years old. One is a 50 inch and one is a 60 inch. We have always had issues turning them on or keeping them on. Vizio's customer support reps only suggest that you power cycle the televisions even though they know that's not the problem. Well... both of these televisions are completely not working as of today! Vizio suggests calling a local technician or purchasing another television. I have televisions in my house that are a lot older than these "Smart TVs" that continue to work fine. There is no way these Vizios should only last as long as their fake warranty... a year.

I am filing a formal class action suit against them for knowingly selling faulty products to consumers. They should pull their faulty products off of the shelves. I may not get all of my money back, but they should give me some of it back and I'll use it on a better "non-Vizio" product! For anyone interested... I have started a claim on **.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

We bought a Vizio TV about 3 months ago and the volume has gone out. They are refusing to send out a tech to service it & will not replace it. Will never buy their products again. I was on the phone with them multiple times & all I got was runaround from them.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

We have both Vizio and Sharp. Both have decent pictures and decent sound. Not one problem with either TV. We have had both for over 7 years and they work just like the first time. Pleased with both models.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

Bought a 60" Smart TV. 4k UHD. It went out in less than 3 months. Reported to Vizio and they said they would replace with a refurbished one. That was on 11/28/2018. Today is 12/15/2018. Still not arrived. We had to call their carrier, PILOT, 4 times and it was like a circus. Bad experience with Vizio and anyone connected to them. STAY AWAY!!! Do not buy Vizio!!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

Bought Vizio E70-E3 TV via Walmart.com. Noticed left hand side appeared a little darker than right. Thought at first was due to light coming in window. However it got worse, to point you can't read guide or anything on left side. Call Vizio at 13 month point and was informed to unplug the TV. Hold the power button for 5 seconds then plug it back in. And of course we did that and it didn't work so they basically told us that it was out of warranty at 12 months and it was not economically repairable. And it was at this point they tried to sell us another TV. It's a backlighting issue to which I haven't been able to find replacement LED strips at this time. So now at 13 months I have expensive door stop.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Wish I had read previous reviews before using my E-series home theater display. I really was impressed with the picture quality initially and was contemplating adding the Vizio 5.1 sound bar system. But then the smartcast system started being unable to connect to the internet. Spent hours with Vizio support restarting the tv and resetting it. They kept blaming my network but everything else was connected just fine. This was really a cheap move on their part because a simple google search shows that this is a common problem they have so they obviously know about it.

Anyway after proving that my network is not the issue they gave me a case ID and asked me to call again later. I did but since it is over the one year warranty their best solution was to "plug a Roku stick in" and forget the smartcast. This is one of the worst experiences I've had with both a device I've used and the customer support. If anyone is wondering about Vizio products my advice is stay away.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I purchased our 60” M series from Best Buy in January of 2017. This past week our panel went on the television with a red line going up and down the picture. I called warranty/service. I was told the cost to repair the panel exceeded the cost to purchase a new television, so they recommend I buy a new Vizio. They offered a small discount on a new television. What frustrated me is that they told me had I purchased from Costco the television is covered for 2 years. But, Best Buy is one year. This seems like a known issue, and quite frankly I no longer have confidence in the Vizio brand. The right thing for them to do is to replace the unit. Corporate companies simply do not value their consumers anymore.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Along with many other reviews... I also had backlight problems that occurred only weeks after my warranty was up. What a scam. Always thought highly of Vizio until I actually purchased one. Never buying this brand again. Spend the extra money and get a Samsung, LG, or Sony. Customer support was useless and rude.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I bought this TV (VIZIO D43f-F1) at the Walmart in Charlottesville, VA. TV has no power and Walmart will not take the TV back because it's been 92 days instead of 90 days! VIZIO was suppose to call to schedule repair and never called. Terrible service.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

The Vizio Smartcast Television is less than a year old, 48 inches. Cloudy screen, black screen flashing and the only way to rid that, turn down backlight. Tried factory reset and it still didn't help. I WILL NOT BUY this brand again. Called customer support. Did the troubleshooting as well but to no avail did that help either. I highly recommend not buy this brand at all. Since a rating is required I gave them one star but in actually they really shouldn't get any at all. Don't waste your money. Until they work out the kinks or make better quality don't buy.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

It's not even 3 months I bought this Vizio tv. The sound keeps going out and I have to reboot it to make it work! The image doesn't come up sometimes and again I have to reboot it. I WANT MY MONEY BACK. I'm gonna try to return this to Costco. This is unbelievable!!!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

Bought a Vizio 65 inch TV Model#E65 4K Ultra HD in Feb 2017 from Walmart. TV worked well for 18 months then screen started failing. Now I have a screen that is 1/2 black and white and 1/2 color. Called Vizio to see what they could do to help fix, replace, or repair, could never speak to representative but they did respond to my text messages with little to no help. They treated me as if I stole the tv. They said they couldn't help because they only offer 1 year warranty. (They couldn't even offer a repair shop or solution for repair). If you want frustration coupled with lousy service then buy one. If not purchase another brand. I will never purchase another Vizio. They are junk! All that money for nothing.

Vizio expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Originally sold exclusively in warehouse clubs, Vizio has emerged to become one of North America's top-selling TV brands, offering a wide range of LED-based LCD TVs and available at many major retailers. The company's UHD TVs are the first to include Dolby's high-dynamic range vision technology.

• LED zones: Superior picture quality is achieved by 16 to 72 (depending on the series) active LED zones that adapt to you to deliver brighter brights and blacker blacks.

• Smarter TV: With a remote that has dedicated buttons for Netflix, Amazon and iHeartRadio and built-in apps and WiFi connectivity, Vizio takes Smart TV and makes it even smarter.

• Ultra HD: 4K Ultra HD models have ultra-sharp 2160p resolution that deliver superior picture quality, as well as upscaling for those times you're not watching 4K content.

• High-dynamic range: The Reference Series is available in 65 inch and 120 inch and comes in amazingly clear high-dynamic-range-enabled 4K Ultra HD, which is the benchmark for superior picture quality. With this TV, you will be ahead of the curve of the possible color spectrum.

• Wide range of models: Vizio offers TVs in several series for different consumers, from basic models to their Reference Series that has top-of-the-line technology and a cutting-edge design.

• Best for: Movie and TV connoisseurs, bargain shoppers, home-theater enthusiasts and researchers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs