Vizio

Vizio Reviews

3.4/5 (513 ratings)

About Vizio Reviews

Vizio Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vizio?

Original review: Jan. 30, 2023

The absolute worst thing to buy. The television I bought in September no longer works at all; all that is visible is a jumble of colored lines and dots. I called to try to troubleshoot, but nothing has worked to solve the issue. I called to request a replacement and was informed that I could only get a certified television rather than a new one. Why would I accept a certified TV if I just bought it?

Original review: Jan. 12, 2023

I have owned my 60" TV for 4 years. During that time I have had technical issues consistently, having to unplug the TV, hold the power button for 10-30 seconds, reset to mfg settings - you name it I have done it. I was asked to track down my receipt, send in only to be told out of the $650 I pd they would give me $125 toward a new Vizio. 1 year warranty. Really? Why would I spend more money on a Vizio TV I have nothing but problems with?

Issues: Won't stay connected to WiFi which the other TV stays connected just fine and I work remote all day with no issues. Antenna will not hold the channels you have to keep rescanning every time you want to try to watch the news, constantly have to hard start the TV to "clear the memory", connection issues with streaming. They won't even send a repair person out to see what the issue is or do repair. Overall I used to love Vizio until I had to return the TV I had, to replace with this one I am having issues with as well. Vizio needs to stand behind their product and the quality of that product. No TV should have to be replaced in 4 years. There is only me using it.

Get buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2023

Mid-2020, I moved to a new home and bought four new TVs, one Vizio (V605-G3, Serial Number 08LFTRYRLW00447) and three bigger ones from TCL. While I’ve never had any issues with the TCLs, the Vizio had problems from the start. A few days after purchase, I called the support to complain about fuzzy lines/shadows/distortions on the right side of the TV screen. I was helped pretty quick with instructions how to power cycle the TV which solved the problem for a few months. The problem re-appeared every once in a while, but usually “fixed itself” after a few minutes or after another power cycle.

Sometimes, the problem was more persistent, I called customer support again and was guided through other steps, usually involving the support rep sending some signals to my TV. Including my last call on 1/6/2023, I called at least five times. This last time, the problem was very persistent and I asked the rep for a replacement TV as there was no immediate fix and this is obviously a recurring problem – and one that seems to be common with that TV, thus some kind of manufacturing defect. I was told the TV is now out of warranty and she could only recommend buying a new TV (for which she would provide me with a $100 gift card if I bought another Vizio).

The rep was only able to find records of three of my at last five calls and suggested to next time ask for a replacement earlier while the TV was still under warranty. No good deed goes unpunished: Being so trusting to accept what I can now say were only temporary fixes did not work well for me. I’m still surprised that Vizio would ask a customer to power cycle or even reset a TV in regular intervals as opposed to making TVs where that isn’t necessary.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2023

I bought a 24" Vizio TV in 2019 and I noticed it to be very slow for at least a year. In July of 2019 I contacted them and the tech said the TV would not get updates through the wifi so they had me put updates on a flash drive and then connect the flash drive to the tv. Today I called and they said the slowness is not due to wifi speed and the TV is faulty. It's outside of the warranty and they won't help at all. I can't imagine buying a TV that lasts less than 3 years. I would steer clear from this company.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2023

Vizio is honestly terrible. I'm not here to bash them but that's what I have concluded after having their tv for almost 3 years. Their “smart cast” is always freezing. It is not worth it. I got an LG and DO NOT REGRET IT.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2022

This thing is awful. It freezes up constantly, it lags, glitches and when I’m forced to unplug it and try to reset it, it turns on and off for over an hour trying to figure itself out again. Save your money, buy a TV that will let you use it whenever you want. I wish I could give negative stars. It worked well for the first few months and now it’s more of a giant useless block on my wall than a television. I haven’t even had it for 2 years and we avoid using it because it’s too unpredictable and frustrating. Seriously, don’t buy this TV.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2022

Purchased my 75 inch Vizio TV from Sam's Club. After only 3 months, the sound stopped working. Have spent hours on the phone with their customer service team and have escalated the issue up through the management team - I'm completely frustrated. They insisted that they send repairmen to my home - waited 3 weeks for them to show only to find out they weren't able to fix the sound issue. Am now waiting for a new television set to be delivered, which is what I asked for at the beginning of this entire debacle. They wanted to give me a refurbished TV despite the fact that mine is only 3 months old. Had to argue with them repeatedly to receive a new TV - who knows if that's what I'm actually getting. Have now been without sound for 5 weeks and I'm beyond frustrated. From the quality of the TV, to the customer service - this company and their products are a joke. I will NEVER purchase a Vizio again and you shouldn't either.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2022

I have been dealing with Vizio TV support for months trying to resolve issues with my Vizio M series 70 inch TV. No support or resolution. Cannot get HDMI 2.1 even with their updates. Run from Vizio TVs.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2022

This tv is horrible. The smart icons rarely work. The remote sucks. The picture is always going blurry if the scene changes. Blacks are like a fog gradient. The sound is ugly. The way you change inputs is ridiculous, you have to keep pushing the button to get past all of the inputs you never use. You can only turn off or skip the hdmi inputs, those are the ones you use. It has all this free tv and watch now ** in the way you can't delete or skip. Your cords are sticking out the side and can't be cleaned up or hidden. Piece of junk. Buy a Samsung.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2022

I have purchased Vizio product since 2008. Never had an issue until I got my Smart cast tv. This tv is slow, I have had to reset to factory setting three times in a two year period and more importantly the WIFI no longer works on it. This is the last time I purchase a Vizio, and by the way the customer service team has not been able to help me even though I have the warranty. You have been warned. Don't do it

Vizio author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Originally sold exclusively in warehouse clubs, Vizio has emerged to become one of North America's top-selling TV brands, offering a wide range of LED-based LCD TVs and available at many major retailers. The company's UHD TVs are the first to include Dolby's high-dynamic range vision technology.

• LED zones: Superior picture quality is achieved by 16 to 72 (depending on the series) active LED zones that adapt to you to deliver brighter brights and blacker blacks.

• Smarter TV: With a remote that has dedicated buttons for Netflix, Amazon and iHeartRadio and built-in apps and WiFi connectivity, Vizio takes Smart TV and makes it even smarter.

• Ultra HD: 4K Ultra HD models have ultra-sharp 2160p resolution that deliver superior picture quality, as well as upscaling for those times you're not watching 4K content.

• High-dynamic range: The Reference Series is available in 65 inch and 120 inch and comes in amazingly clear high-dynamic-range-enabled 4K Ultra HD, which is the benchmark for superior picture quality. With this TV, you will be ahead of the curve of the possible color spectrum.

• Wide range of models: Vizio offers TVs in several series for different consumers, from basic models to their Reference Series that has top-of-the-line technology and a cutting-edge design.

Vizio Company Information