2.50/5
Based on 153 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Vizio Reviews

2189 Vizio Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 21, 2018

Worst customer experience that I ever had to endure. Absolutely no help. The support is extremely frustrating from their phone rep & system. They cannot hear (or so they say) due to it being so loud in their call center. Rep also claimed that the supervisor is unavailable multiple times while waiting for them. She even laughed when I told her how dissatisfied I was with their product. My 2 year old Vizio M55-C2 55" TV has a bad pixel line horizontally through the top portion of the screen. This almost lasted 2 years and I advise to review all the reviews and choose another brand.

Original review: July 19, 2018

60" VIZIO SMART TV is 2 1/2 years old, left side of screen going dark, research shows it's LED failure which is very common and very difficult to fix for DIY people like myself. I bought this TV because picture was incredibly sharp and superior to others in giant wall of TVs at store, great price too, if you want a TV for just 2 to 3 years. Samsung here I come. Way too many negative reviews for Vizio that I've seen.

Vizio TV Reviews: What To Know | ConsumerAffairs

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 2, 2018

The television is of good quality and we have had no mechanical issues with ours. The downside to the version we have is that there is no internet browser. You cannot add apps to the tv, only cast from another device and worst of all there is no HDTV tuner on the television. You can't just get local channels. You have to put more into the TV after you purchase it just to watch local free channels. If one can live with these shortcomings, I would recommend purchasing a Vizio.

Original review: June 30, 2018

We bought a 4k smart 60" tv at Christmas 3 years ago. It has completely died. Here is how they handled the situation. "Sam, I apologize for the issue. Unfortunately, as with all electronics across all brands, we can't predict when/if an issue may happen with any of our products, although we never expect nor want them to. This is an unfortunate situation. Please understand this is not a reflection of VIZIO's overall quality."

Original review: June 27, 2018

Bought new Vizio TV Dec. 2017. Went bad 6 months later on June 10th. Notified Vizio on June 12th. Replacement Vizio TV came 9 days later, June 21, with 2 different legs that wouldn't fit the TV they sent. The delivery guy had to take the leg from our old set to make it work. And that Vizio TV stopped working 24 hours later on June 22. So far, that is 2 defective Vizio TVs within 6 months. How does Vizio make it right? By making us wait another 8-10 days for delivery of another replacement TV. We are on day #12 of waiting. Now here we are on June 27 and Vizio hasn't even shipped the latest replacement yet. Even though we are still under warranty. Then they block me on social media for posting this on their pages. How is that for customer service?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vizio?

Original review: June 23, 2018

Love my new tv. Has everything I need. I found a great price match on Walmart online that was honored in the store. Perfect for what I needed.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I purchased a VIZIO SmartCast E-Series E55-D0 55" 1080p 120Hz LED Smart HDTV Dec 2016. May 2018 this TV no longer works, we were advised to power cycle it which we did numerous times for a week. It still does not work. The customer service department was of absolutely no help, their only solution was to offer a "discounted" price on another inferior Vizio TV. The discounted price they gave me was actually $12 more than what I paid for the original TV. It's very unfortunate a company like this that got caught illegally selling customer data would not do more to assist a customer who they sold a defective product to. I will no longer be purchasing anymore Vizio products.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I purchased a 58" Vizio 4K TV from Best Buy September 2016. I did not purchase the extended warranty, I have previously purchased Samsung TV's that are well over 10 years old and are still working fine with no issues. In June 2018 I turned on the TV and there were vertical moving lines of different colors and the background was a rainbow of colors and lines that made viewing any of the picture impossible. I unplugged all of the wires, did a reset, and tried various sources with no improvement. I called Vizio and they confirmed my warranty was out, they told me to call their service center. I called the center and explained the issue and they told me that the entire screen would need to be replaced, they agreed that it was a malfunction and not damaged as the lines and colors are constantly moving around, not in one place as you would get from damage. They told me that the cost would exceed the value of the TV and I should just replace the TV.

I called Vizio back and told them that I was stuck with a $700 paperweight that is only 20 months old. They offered a "special pricing" on a new Vizio 60" TV- $410 plus $90 shipping= $500 total for a new Vizio TV. I looked up the TV model while still on the phone and saw that Walmart was selling this model for just over $550. So $50 off on a new TV from a brand that dies after 20 months is "special"? No thank you. I escalated to a supervisor, who told me she had nothing to offer me. I told her that I would never buy Vizio again, that I would tell all of my friends to never buy Vizio, and that I would review Vizio online as a garbage TV that Vizio will not stand behind. She let me know that she was perfectly fine with that. So here we are. DON'T EVER BUY A VIZIO PRODUCT. They are cheap and Vizio does not stand behind them. They will die after only 20 months and Vizio doesn't care one iota.

Original review: June 13, 2018

Picture is always too dark even when you try to reset. All in all, if you're looking for just a tv that's cheap then Vizio may work for you but if you're looking for a tv to enjoy watching movies this tv is poor. Sound quality and picture quality poor even when I tried to set it, never really got any better but judge for yourself.

Original review: June 12, 2018

The TV has great performance. It is very reliable, and on the lower price spectrum. I am completely satisfied with it and would buy another Vizio without hesitation.

Original review: June 2, 2018

From the first Vizio I purchased five or six years ago I have been impressed with their price and I have never had to have one of them service. Their price is so much less than the leading brand that I admit it turned my head. Once purchased, I discovered that the competition of its color clarity and understanding was competitive with that Sony, LG, and Superior and sometimes surpass them. It took me a minute to realize that the off and on buttons in the back and certain features were not where they usually are, but once I realize that I love my Vizio TV. The clarity is phenomenal.

Original review: June 1, 2018

We purchased this Vizio E550i tv from Costco for around $700 only 2 and a half years ago and the tv just died yesterday. I called Vizio and they informed me that this model cannot be repaired and offered me a new tv “at a discount.” I have had other much cheaper televisions last 10-20 years without any issues. This tv had issues with the sound and picture and now it’s completely dead. I will NEVER buy another Vizio again! Stay away from Vizio!

Original review: May 31, 2018

I bought a Vizio 55" LCD Flat Panel TV — E55-C1 in October of 2016. It lasted until May 2018. Less than two years. Their warranty is for 1 year. No way to fix the problem. They offered a replacement at a reduced price but never gave me the details. Like others before me, the TVs are not built to last a reasonable amount of time. Stay away from Vizio.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I have never had any issues with my Vizio TV since the day of purchase. It was given to me as a much needed birthday gift (according to the giver), that at first, I was not so eager to receive (as the recipient). Believing that TV's were becoming more and more like "idiot boxes." However, the thoughtful person who bestowed this upon me was right, it has helped me lighten up tremendously. Sometimes watching TV is therapeutic, all in moderation. I just love my TV and I love the person who gave it to me even more.

Original review: May 30, 2018

This is my second Vizio. Bought a larger one for my living room and never had a problem with either one. The screen is super sharp and color is great. Price was very affordable too.

Original review: May 29, 2018

E700i-b3 70 inch lcd smart tv - I bought this tv at Best Buy for 1500.00 for media room, this tv was rarely used and after 13 months approximately February 2, 2017 I turned the tv on and the screen had vertical lines (cracked screen) for no reason. I called Vizio and was told warranty just ended but they could offer me a replacement for discounted price. I am very disappointed as this tv was only watched a handful of times and this was a defect as nothing ever hit the tv to cause the vertical lines. I have read similar complaints with same model as mine and feel we should have some recourse as the tv should last more than a year.

Original review: May 27, 2018

So I bought 2 TVs at Christmas time. My first time ever purchasing the brand Vizio. I've owned Samsung 42" now in the basement still working perfectly 8 years and Zenith 55" that worked flawlessly for 5 years and then went out after a power/thunderstorm. So the 55" Vizio went out 2 weeks before the 1 year mark. It was replaced by Vizio. New one out of the box a month later still has issues. But I'm held to the original warranty. I joked with the repairman about the one upstairs going out and wouldn't you know 2 weeks after warranty was up that one went out. These TVs are garbage. Please take this review seriously.

I'm so mad I bought this brand and I will not make this mistake again. I work hard for my money and there is nothing worse than throwing money out like that. I have 2 less than 2 year old TVs that are junk. Funny thing is when I told the repairman that I had the 55" Zenith/LG in the garage he asked if he could have it. I said sure and helped him load it up.

Original review: May 26, 2018

Purchased a 32 inch Vizio HDTV for my RV. On the second occasion I used it it came on but after a few minutes the screen went blank. The TV was still under warranty although there was a 6 month gap between the 1st and 2nd time it was used. I contacted Vizio and was told, "We will replace it." Thank you. I should think so. Then came the stinker. "We will send you a box and you will have to pack and send it back here within 30 days. Once received we will send you out a reconditioned set," yes reconditioned and the warranty will be reduced to 90 days.

On the day the box arrived some two weeks later I received an email to query why I hadn't sent the tv back. They did send a tracking number with the box but that didn't work either so I couldn't complain that they must be aware that it was delivered that day. I duly boxed up the Tv and then found I had to deliver to the nearest UPS store one hour away by car. The whole process is going to take a month to 6 weeks. They did give me an alternative. Pay for it up front. I ask you would anybody in their right mind do that given their attitude and track record. Welcome to Corporate Oligarchy USA. The only reason I am complying with their shoddy ways.

Original review: May 18, 2018

Purchased a TV made by VIZIO (65" 4K Smart TV) for 1000 dollars and it went out within a year and a half. I tried to get any sort of help from their customer support and was told that since I've owned it for a year that I cannot receive any support. Do not buy, TVs will stop working and you cannot rely on them to fix faulty products. HUGE waste of money.

Original review: May 16, 2018

Bought two new 60" Vizio Tvs in 2015. One for myself and one for my son for his birthday. They both went out within one week apart, like they were made to do this? Both sets stopped working with NO PICTURE and NO SOUND! We fixed the sets by ordering parts, but in a questing game way. We still came out a lot cheaper by our own repairs, but most people will fall into the costly repairs from service.

Original review: May 10, 2018

I love the fact that when guest comes over, they are in shock of how much a flat screen gives the view, I would recommend this product to anyone. I am a satisfied customer.

Original review: May 10, 2018

Had the "high definition" been higher; that is, razor sharp, I'd have been happier. As it is, I am satisfied; I got a good price.

Original review: May 9, 2018

The television has performed flawlessly over a period of years. The picture is crisp and clear. I really only have one minor complaint being it seems to lack good volume.

Original review: May 8, 2018

The sound needs work. With a soundbar it works great. Love that I can cast from my computer or phones to it and it has been great at doing that. We haven't had any issues with the TV. I think the issues we have had are from the cable not the TV. The picture has been great on the Xbox One. The NCAA basketball tournament, NHRA, and NASCAR has been great to watch on this TV and it had no problems keeping up with the action.

Original review: May 7, 2018

Just purchased a 55 inch Vizio TV from Best Buy on 3/22/18. Today is 5/6/18. Our TV has shut off on its own about 4 times in the past week, then has to be completely rebooted to factory setting, is a real hassle and aggravating, from what little I have read from this website, they are pretty much all lemons. Best Buy has a poor return policy but I’m going to give them a call anyways but my expectations are very low from past experience and will not be purchasing anymore Vizio products.

Original review: May 7, 2018

Being a smart tv will enable me to lose the overpriced cable bill. I loved this brand so much I purchased two! The picture quality is extremely clear. The color is beautiful.

Original review: May 7, 2018

My Vizio is an older model and missed the smart t.v upgrade. Yet as an 2009 version it has a perfect picture, a dual screen (LCD), operation instructions are easy to follow. The sound, not as good, and it's difficult to connect surround sound. I'm sure I will find a sufficient sound system for it. I've had Sony, Magnavox, all main stream, brand names. Vizio I will put in the same league of durability and quality.

Original review: May 6, 2018

Out of most brands out there this one is very good. I have worked on TV's this one is easy to work on and one that doesnt seem to break down as much.

Original review: May 6, 2018

Overall my experience has been great with the entire Vizio product line and the television (Smart TV) is absolutely worth every dollar I spent on it. The TV works beyond pristine. I highly would recommend this brand over other classic brands to family members, friends and strangers. I plan to continue to purchase technology from this brand.

Original review: May 5, 2018

It really works great. Zero complaints. We've had one for close to 15 years, another for more than 12, another for over 5 in different rooms... and they all work great. Another littler, 32" was used for tradeshow presentations... and was far better than our very expensive projector because the TV was way brighter.

Vizio expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Originally sold exclusively in warehouse clubs, Vizio has emerged to become one of North America's top-selling TV brands, offering a wide range of LED-based LCD TVs and available at many major retailers. The company's UHD TVs are the first to include Dolby's high-dynamic range vision technology.

• LED zones: Superior picture quality is achieved by 16 to 72 (depending on the series) active LED zones that adapt to you to deliver brighter brights and blacker blacks.

• Smarter TV: With a remote that has dedicated buttons for Netflix, Amazon and iHeartRadio and built-in apps and WiFi connectivity, Vizio takes Smart TV and makes it even smarter.

• Ultra HD: 4K Ultra HD models have ultra-sharp 2160p resolution that deliver superior picture quality, as well as upscaling for those times you're not watching 4K content.

• High-dynamic range: The Reference Series is available in 65 inch and 120 inch and comes in amazingly clear high-dynamic-range-enabled 4K Ultra HD, which is the benchmark for superior picture quality. With this TV, you will be ahead of the curve of the possible color spectrum.

• Wide range of models: Vizio offers TVs in several series for different consumers, from basic models to their Reference Series that has top-of-the-line technology and a cutting-edge design.

• Best for: Movie and TV connoisseurs, bargain shoppers, home-theater enthusiasts and researchers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs