2.59/5

Vizio Reviews

2363 Vizio Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 17, 2019

Quality item for not a lot of money. I didn't appreciate the models that only have a power button on the back side of it. You need the remote to adjust the volume and change the input. Also, it has a sensor that was only on the left corner of the screen which sometimes made it a bit hard to turn on the TV because you had to be exact. We bought that one no more than 4 years ago or so. Still works really well, great picture. The newer models are pretty cool. They have all of the remote option on the backside of the TV and it comes with apps that help me navigate through our children's show options. The first one we purchased lasted for about 12-15 years. We upgraded when the sound quality died. It started to sound like a busted subwoofer but the picture quality wasn't bad. I think we're still pretty loyal to the brand.

Original review: March 9, 2019

I have had my television for around 5 years or so. I have had no problems with it at all. I am totally happy with everything about it. I am not one of those people that has to have the newest fabulous new bells and whistles. I want a tv that shows a great picture with great sound. The only thing wrong with the size is because I need a bigger screen. I have friends that have more expensive TVs that have already gone wacky. I have other friends with the same TVs as mine with the same story as mine. Their TVs are still up and running! I feel happy to recommend Vizio brand to anyone and everyone.

Get expert buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 6, 2019

My experience with Vizio TVs is great. We have five TVs total in our house and they're all Vizio brand. My favorite thing about the Vizio TVs is the picture it puts out. It's as close to lifelike as it gets!!! Almost like you could really reach out and touch what is on the screen. There was one time I had to take my daughter’s TV back about two weeks after we bought it but it was only because the Power button was broke off inside the TV. No big deal, took it back and got another just like it and it works like a champ. Overall, I would TOTALLY recommend VIZIO brand for your home tv experience!!!

Original review: July 21, 2018

It is a 50 inch screen. Performance is usually good - but it is 10+ years old and is just HD 720. Only 2 HDMI ports - would like more. It occasionally "flacks out" and has to be unplugged and plugged back in to reset to normal operations. On the wall, adding a external antenna is almost impossible - as is access to almost ANY of the connections. Does have good sound, IMO. But not a smart tv. Overall, at the time of purchase, it was a good value. Not by today's standards. But the split screen function has been helpful and it has all the connections I need for my HTPC system -and it works fine. So it remains our primary TV.

Original review: June 2, 2018

From the first Vizio I purchased five or six years ago I have been impressed with their price and I have never had to have one of them service. Their price is so much less than the leading brand that I admit it turned my head. Once purchased, I discovered that the competition of its color clarity and understanding was competitive with that Sony, LG, and Superior and sometimes surpass them. It took me a minute to realize that the off and on buttons in the back and certain features were not where they usually are, but once I realize that I love my Vizio TV. The clarity is phenomenal.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vizio?

Original review: May 17, 2019

We have a Vizio TV and surround sound. The TV is okay but the surround sound never works properly. You have to fight with it to get any sound at all. We thought that by buying the TV and surround sound system in the same Vizio brand they would work well together but we were wrong. Vizio is a cheap made brand and it shows in the quality of the product.

Original review: May 16, 2019

I bought a 60in Vizio smart TV the end of December 2018. In February the TV just stopped turning on, so I called Vizio and after 20 minutes of being on the phone with customer service and them asking me to move the tv to another outlet end etc. They finally sent me a replacement tv. So here we are in May and the replacement tv is now not working and having the same issues. I called customer service yet again and told them I wanted my money back and I was told they can't do that. So I said, "Fine I want a different model," and I was told they can't do that either. All they can do is send another replacement tv in 7-10 business days.

I will NEVER buy another product from this company again. I think it's horrible that the same tv went out in a matter of a few months and the only solution to this is to send another tv... So now I will get this next piece of ** TV and in a few months when it goes out again I will get another replacement tv and this will go on again and again until my warranty is up. So please don't make the mistake I made... Do buy anything from Vizio.

Original review: May 15, 2019

We bought a 65” Vizio LCD plasma TV 17 months ago for Christmas. Not a cheap purchase for an senior couple. It started getting dark bars in the screen. Was told it would not be covered because we didn’t buy an extended warranty and to buy a new one because it would cost more to fix it. I don’t have the money to replace it. Does anyone know of any remedy. It’s really aggravating to spend that kind of money on a piece of crap and they have no intention of even trying to make it right.

Original review: May 15, 2019

I bought a TV that was purchased from Walmart by someone, unopened box. When I start the TV it has a flashing issue. I called the customer service support. They asked to send them the serial number. After they checked a guy called me to say: "Sorry you don't have warranty, have a nice day because you bought your TV from Walmart". He wasn't nice at all. I will never buy Vizio products again.

Original review: May 15, 2019

Best quality, perfect picture, crystal clear image. Great prices. Great variety of TVs. Sound is s amazing. Love the variety of features. Design of TVs are remarkable. None of the other TVs compare.

Original review: May 13, 2019

Purchased this TV, new, in late 2017. It is now out of warranty. The TV screen blacks out and sound goes off when the TV is on for about 2 minutes, but the power remains on. Went thru troubleshooting. There is no issue with the power or the screen as the TV comes right back on after you turn it off and back on. Everything works, menu works, was able to boot back to factory settings and do updates. This has to be a firmware problem and it is beginning to look to me to be a known issue by the manufacturer or possibly intentional bad firmware, and I say that because a lot of Vizio's of all sizes are doing the same thing and at about the same usage time-frame, between 18 months and two years.

All over the web there are Vizio owners complaining about this and similar problems. If these Vizio TVs were cars they would have already been recalled for factory defects. I intend on filing complaints with several consumer protections agencies including the Federal Trade Commission. I bought a $99, 42 inch refurbished Insignia off TD almost six years ago and it is still working like a new TV, I recommend any potential purchaser of a new TV, avoid Vizio's until you read the problem that is readily noted all over the Web.

Original review: May 10, 2019

On May 30th, 2018 I purchased a Vizio P55-F1 for about $800 or so. After 5 months, the sound started going in and out in my HDMI inputs and the screen ratio would change itself randomly. I tried calling them and they only suggested that I change which input I used. I have a 4k device that I had plugged into the only 4k input on the tv. Which is the input that broke. Why would I switch my 4k device to a non-4k input? They refused to fix the tv at the time. A week later, there was an update to the tv since it connects to the internet. Didn't have any issues for months. Fast forward to April of 2019. My sound in all my inputs stopped working altogether. I have called Vizio 7-8 times in the last 2 weeks trying to get them to come fix my tv.

After jumping through all their hoops, I was told they would fix it. I then received a call from someone in California telling me to call a repairman in Georgia to get my tv fixed. I live in IOWA!!! How can a guy in Georgia fix my tv in Iowa? Short answer, he can't. Even he was confused. So I tried calling Vizio back and at this point I was angry. The customer service Supervisor continued to interrupt me while I was talking. I was cursing the entire time. He warned me to be "professional" which I laughed at since I had called them so many times in 2 weeks. I emailed the Customer Service Manager at the Vizio headquarters in California. Waiting to hear back. I requested a refund for my tv.

Original review: May 7, 2019

What part of “smart” is missing? I did not buy a “smart” TV to constantly reboot the TV or restart my WIFI. I am at the point where I will use my tablet, phone, or Samsung TV to watch Netflix. This TV is a huge pain and I am sorry I bought it. I read the help sites and I get the usual runaround about how I should just do this or that. So I do all of that and go to my Samsung TV or tablet. When I bought the Samsung we were told that Vizio is no longer the “go to” TV. You are darn too tened!

Original review: May 4, 2019

I got this 55" from Walmart in Nov of 17. Worked great but I noticed that the screen would go dim a little then bright again. Didn't think anything of it. Thought it was just a break-in thing. I have 4 Vizio. All have work great. I tell everyone that's the tv to buy now. This one will not hold the channels after I scan them and or it just turns off. Then, the remote that came with it sucks. It's too small. I bought this one because I didn't want the smart one. It has no built in Tuner. This one does. Anyone have any idea if it's in the power supply or what.

Original review: May 3, 2019

I bought a VIZIO tv. The screen went black suddenly. The tv turns on and off by selves. I call VIZIO customer services. They said the tv was out of warranty. That I need to paid two hundreds dollars for a technician to come. They never offer me a new or any reward for the problem. I ask to speak with a supervisor, I was on hold for almost 20 minutes. No one came back to the phone. I had to hang up because I had to go back to work. Bad customer services. Not help at all. Can someone please help.

Original review: May 3, 2019

I purchased the “VIZIO SmartCast E70-E3 Class 4K Ultra HD Home Theatre w/ Chromecast Built-In” as a 70-inch TV for nearly $1,000 (on sale) and it didn’t last two years. The backlighting first started to die in the top left corner, and grew until more than half the television is just a giant dark circle. This technically advanced 70-inch “ultra HD 4K” television apparently can’t outperform my grandma’s television that has been alive and kicking since the 80’s.

The first Vizio representative I spoke with had to get approval from a manager for an “out of 1-year warranty” review, and indicated that this is a problem they’ve experienced with this model. The tone was very optimistic to get it replaced. I spoke with four different representatives (they called me every day since filing the claim) and with each different one (it was never the same case manager), the tone was more and more negative until I knew it wasn’t going to be correctly handled before even receiving the final call.

The final representative I spoke with who denied the claim also labeled the denial “non-economically viable” to repair the television because of the cost of parts and shipping would exceed the cost of a new television, and suggested to buy a new one. An Ultra HD 4K, SEVENTY INCH, Chromecast Smart TV that I paid nearly $1,000 (on sale) and has never been moved since it was taken out of the box had a life span of two years, and Vizio would do nothing about it. It’s clear to me as a consumer and with my experience in talking to four different representatives that Vizio knowingly sold this model with issues and by design is flawed. The design and engineering of this smart, 70-inch television leads to a total of a 2-year life span.

To reiterate, a 70-inch Vizio television will not last two years before becoming massively defective. Don’t buy a Vizio, please don’t let my experience be yours. A company shouldn’t be able to get away with selling inherently flawed products in order to garner more sales when their products fail by design - I don’t think I’m just a fluke as indicated by my first conversation with them - they know the television model has issues and they’re doing nothing about it. If this model has issues, then anything they sell can’t be trusted. Vizio would not issue a replacement, a repair, or a credit for a future television after a 70' died after two years.

Original review: May 1, 2019

Exactly two years ago one month ago I bought a 70” Vizio TV for $1,600 at Best Buy. For the first year tv worked flawlessly, excellent picture. Well the past two months i’ve had Comcast guys out here to try to help me with what I thought was the cable - the mouths of the actors were not lining up with the words coming out of the speakers.

The third guy who came out yesterday brought to our attention that our TV picture should not be this blue of a tint, we didn’t even realize it because we had become used to the picture. He has us call and take it up with Vizio to try to see what they could help us with and NOTHING! Because we didn’t have an extended warranty they said the repairs would be more than just replacing the TV and we should just throw it away! Ridiculous! Vizio is THE WORST and I’d never have this problem with Samsung or Sony.

Original review: April 28, 2019

Had my 60 inch for less than 3 years and screen is going black. Wouldn’t buy another Vizio TV again. Paid $600.00 for junk! I have owned many TVs in my lifetime. Never ever had something like this happen before. Vizio warranty’s is one year. I see why. Junk.

Original review: April 27, 2019

Screen went dark on one side after 13 months. Vizio said sorry but it’s out of warranty after 12 months but they will give me a discounted price on a new one. Why in the hell would I buy another Vizio?

Original review: April 27, 2019

I bought a 65" Vizio Smart TV in September 2017. Worked fine until today. WiFi/internet stopped working, seems like the WiFi card just died. Bearing in mind this TV is only 1.5 years old, I called Vizio Technical Support and they said there was nothing they could do because it was out of warranty, and they don't even offer an out of warranty repair service (!!!) They told me to go online and buy a new Vizio TV because there are various discounts available. I am NEVER buying a Vizio TV again if it simply dies just over a year after purchase, and I recommend you use a brand that offers better customer support and more reliable products.

Original review: April 16, 2019

We cannot watch a movie without this Vizio TV turning off. Tonight my wife and I purchased a DVD movie for the evening and the experience with the television was less than pleasurable. It took pushing the power button several times to even get the television on. This is a 64” television and during a 1.5 hour movie, the television shut off more than 4 times, at least. It’s not worth purchasing!

Original review: April 13, 2019

When we purchased the TV in 2017 (P65-E1) it turned off and on, I called Vizio and they told me to update the firmware and it seemed to correct the problem. About 6 months ago it started happening again, I called Vizio and they told me the same thing, to update the firmware and also to unplug the TV and all components, hold the power button to reset the TV. I did everything but now it is even worse, at times it will freeze then turn off sometimes a couple of times an hour, other times one or two times a night, then other times it may work ok. Very frustrating and I am looking for another brand to replace it.

Original review: April 5, 2019

This horizontal lines appear on my TV, I call Vizio, they say they can’t do anything about it, because it’s past 1 year since I bought it. They said ‘go to our website, we have some discounts, buy a new one’. If you want a TV that works and will serve you and your family for a while, please don’t choose Vizio.

Original review: April 2, 2019

I had purchased a Vizio TV back in March of 2017. Until a week ago it had worked fine. Almost 2 years to the date, I had what is called a black spot in the middle of the screen. Two days later the picture started flickering. Long story short, the TV is done. They give you a year warranty so it can give out on you after it expires. Called customer support and they are definitely overseas. They try to use simple names like "Jen". I am now out a TV that I paid good money for. Do yourself a favor and NEVER buy from this company. Paul **.

Original review: April 1, 2019

Bought a Vizio and in the first month there were horrible horizontal lines appearing across the screen to which no picture was visible. Why is this brand of tv this way. Never had such an experience before.

Original review: March 27, 2019

This is the worst TV in the whole world, very unfriendly, no good for elderly people because the commands are not well configured to be understand by nobody. I will be returning the TV and I don't even want my money back, I just want to get rid of it and forget the nightmare. No stars, one just to continue submitting this warning.

Original review: March 26, 2019

Purchased a new Vizio 4K 65 " Television that developed a black stripe on left side of screen. Started a warranty request that missed the deadline by 5 days on the 1 year warranty. No help from them. But my Sam's Club took care of this and I say Kudos to them!!!!! Vizio has no heart with with their loyal consumers as shown by this experience. Very rude while dealing with them on the telephone. I forgot to mention that this happened right after a Vizio update that they recommended was installed on the T.V. I feel this might have done the damage but am only guessing on that. Anyway these large corporations should remember it us little people that spend out hard earned money to keep them in business. Today's times sure are different. Customer service means "NOTHING ANYMORE"....

Original review: March 25, 2019

We have 2 Vizios. I wish I had 0. They are so quirky and unreliable. As I write this, I'm staring at a TV that is trying to start up. It loses its wifi several times a day, it constantly resets itself and has to be set up over and over. Horrible TVs. Plan on lots of aggravation if you decide to get one. Customer Service will gladly walk you through the steps to fix it... over and over again. If you drive down the street and see a Vizio TV smashed to pieces by the garbage can... you found my house.

Original review: March 25, 2019

I purchased a Vizio television several months ago and after a while it began to randomly lose my WIFI signal. I called and spoke with a Vizio rep and they did some troubleshooting over the phone and when that didn't work, they sent someone out to replace the computer board. After several weeks, the TV started to have the same issue. I called and spoke with a rep and they gave me instructions in detail on how to send my television back to them and they would then send out a replacement. Overall the process was quite lengthy but they did everything they said they would do.

Original review: March 25, 2019

My 2 year old TV is not turning on, or more correctly it is powering on but then powering off, I have done the power cycle multiple times. The Vizio logo comes up then screen goes black. Sometimes if you leave it for 30 min or so it will turn on, currently not… I called tech support. The first guy I talked to ”Carlos” was pleasant enough and after a few minutes of trying things he told me he would send an email containing a service request as it sounded to him like the power supply needed replacement. A Google search will show this is a common issue with the product.

I got my receipt scanned and attempted to fill out the service request. My purchase date is Feb 8th 2017. That just over two years ago. I get an error message telling me my warranty is not valid and cannot complete the request. I called back and got another tech. I couldn’t catch his name because he mumbled it. After a good frustrating/Infuriating 20 min session with him I ended up hanging up because I didn’t need to hear him attempt to explain to me ”again” that my warranty was up so there is no recourse. Yeah it's up by about 3 weeks. This is of course after 15 min going back and forth about what browser I am using and can I hold…

I never claimed my warranty was valid to either technician, I assumed they make a quality product and I should expect more than 2 years of service out of a 1,400 dollar TV, I guess I am mistaken. If there was no way to put in a service request why did the first tech send me a form to fill out? Are they training service reps to waste people's time? I have now lost over an hour of my Sun. The second Rep was actually arguing with me on the phone trying to explain how televisions are produced. I am a designer with a degree in industrial design…

I am absolutely disgusted by this. The TV is just over 2 years old. I have owned 4 over a 10 year period. The 3 older ones still function. Vizio is connected to Samsung, they are a subsidiary brand, there is no excuse for this… I tried contacting Vizio customer service to complain about "customer service" but the online form doesn't work, so... Buyer beware!

Vizio expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Originally sold exclusively in warehouse clubs, Vizio has emerged to become one of North America's top-selling TV brands, offering a wide range of LED-based LCD TVs and available at many major retailers. The company's UHD TVs are the first to include Dolby's high-dynamic range vision technology.

• LED zones: Superior picture quality is achieved by 16 to 72 (depending on the series) active LED zones that adapt to you to deliver brighter brights and blacker blacks.

• Smarter TV: With a remote that has dedicated buttons for Netflix, Amazon and iHeartRadio and built-in apps and WiFi connectivity, Vizio takes Smart TV and makes it even smarter.

• Ultra HD: 4K Ultra HD models have ultra-sharp 2160p resolution that deliver superior picture quality, as well as upscaling for those times you're not watching 4K content.

• High-dynamic range: The Reference Series is available in 65 inch and 120 inch and comes in amazingly clear high-dynamic-range-enabled 4K Ultra HD, which is the benchmark for superior picture quality. With this TV, you will be ahead of the curve of the possible color spectrum.

• Wide range of models: Vizio offers TVs in several series for different consumers, from basic models to their Reference Series that has top-of-the-line technology and a cutting-edge design.

• Best for: Movie and TV connoisseurs, bargain shoppers, home-theater enthusiasts and researchers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs