2.35/5
Based on 202 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Vizio

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 15, 2018

2115 Vizio Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Since the day I bought this television I have been having problems. Within 1 week returned the TV to Walmart because the picture quality and sound was poor. They replaced with a new TV. After 2 months had vertical lines. Called VIZIO. They send a tech, after 2 hours of time and said they need to replace your TV. Called VIZIO. They replaced the TV with already repaired TV. Qfter 2 months my wifi does not connect and DVD input port did not work since the day I got it. I am sick and tired of wasting my time. Called them. They needed the serial number. It is hanging on the wall and serial number is back of the TV. NO MORE BUYING ANYTHING FROM THIS Company. Will donate to Goodwill.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

Brought 2 65 inch 4K TVs and put em in storage for 3 months... got em out hung em on my walls and had inside screen damage, called customer service and to avoid honoring my warranty they told me that per their investigation it seemed to be physical damage and that there’s nothin they can do for me! Asked for a corporate number to complain and was put on hold for 15 min only for the representative to come back and say unfortunately they don’t have a corporate number for me to complain! Please spend the extra buck and purchase a real television! Please trust me!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

Awhile back I connected my television to my WiFi network and tried logging into Facebook with it as I have done this before, only the Facebook app was no longer available. So I tried going to Vizio’s App Store only to find it wasn’t even available. I got frustrated and turned it off. A few days later I tried to go online with the TV to show a representative from Vizio what the problem was and it wouldn’t connect to my network. This really made me salty and I informed him that Basically their damn TV was now useless to me. I’m not happy about this and as of right now, I will probably never buy another Vizio product ever again. Especially after I paid more than 11 hundred dollars for this television last year. I’ve taken impeccable care of it but it still turned out to be junk!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

Received a new TV and turned it on only to find the screen had lines in it. It has taken over 3 weeks so far and still have not received my refund yet. Vizio return process is a nightmare. From waiting 3 days to have UPS pick it up, and Vizio to receive TV in warehouse and get refund. Still waiting for refund... Customer service said it could take 4-6 weeks to get my money back. That is crazy!!!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I spend over $1000 last March (65" Chromecast TV) - and the audio is completely jacked - reset settings and it goes in and out - followed their instructions and it still goes in and out - no customer service whatsoever. I even took audio leveling off and it is inaudible. Not even a year old.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vizio?

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

When I bought my first Vizio a few years ago, I researched many TVs and Vizio got really good reviews. When I bought my first one, flat screens were still expensive around $1,000 for a 42 inch. It lasted about three years and one day just went off, no sound, no picture, just a black screen. The power button lit up and that was it. A couple years later I bought another 42 inch Vizio because I had a wall mount for that TV. After two years, the new one did the exact same thing, all the sudden, a black screen, no picture, no sound. I tried that gimmick about unplugging it and holding down the power button for 10 seconds. That should tell you something right there. Meanwhile, I have two dead 42 inch Vizio TVs and will never buy another. These are disposable TVs. Don't buy one. A friend of mine has had a cheap Sharp TV for ten years and still cookin'.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

Bought a Vizio 70 in. LCD tv (e70a3-1a). Lasted just over a year, and suddenly became very dim with flickering picture. Called Vizio. And said my problem was unique, and suggested I call local repair shop. Will never buy Vizio again.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

I bought a Vizio 65” 4K TV 1/13/2017. On 1/16/18 the TV quit working. I called Vizio and explained my problem to them. Their reply was “Sorry, there’s nothing that can be done.” My previous TV was a Panasonic 50” Plasma which worked perfect for 10 years before selling at a G sale after upgrading to this Vizio. Prior to that we had a GE which lasted 20 years with no issues. I will never purchase another Vizio product and I will spend the rest of my life telling every person I meet what a terrible product this was with a service department to match. I’m a senior citizen and have worked hard for what I have, throwing money away on inferior products is just not an option. This is my first Vizio product and my last Vizio product.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

Purchased a 50 in Vizio Smart Cast tv. Started to buffer terribly, making the TV totally unusable. Called Vizio who sent out a tech. All of the other devices, including a second Vizio tv, have good connection speed in my home. No buffering issues anywhere else in this house. All over 20 mb/S. The internet company came out and verified speeds.

The Vizio technician came out and changed the network card. The tv then worked fine for a couple of weeks and once again is buffering to the point of being useless. I called Vizio again and they want to send out a tech again while at the same time claiming that the tv is not the issue. I spent 700.00 for a TV that is a total Lemon. Has been fixed before and remains a lemon and all Vizio wants to do is send out another technician and waste more time. Apparently it’s the router's fault. Well, the tv was in the room where the router is while being fixed the first time and the speeds were still registering under 4 mb/s. This whole process is ridiculous and a total waste of time and in my opinion. A smoke screen for not wanting to replace the TV which is a total lemon.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I bought a 55 in LED smart tv three years ago. Since then the original tv had a large black line through it within the first year. They replaced that tv but the replacement tv started showing a slightly faded line through the top of the screen. I called Vizio and learned that I was supposed to purchase a separate warranty for the replacement. They offered us a small credit towards purchasing a new tv for our broken one but we decided to just deal with it. We were not going to spend any more money on this brand. Now the picture is going black as soon as you turn it on and then switching to another screen where it is grey at the top and bottom and fades to white in the middle. I was not able to have a tv last a year without screen issues and now my thousand dollar investment lasted me 3 years. The only good thing I can say is the Vizio surround sound we bought with it has worked well. Unfortunately without the tv it is useless.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I purchased two Vizio Smart TVs one year apart. The first TV is 3 years old and the second is 2 years old. I attempted to use the Netflix App, but unable to download. I contacted Vizio's IT and they were unable to rectify the problem. They referred me to "ITI" who Vizio outsources for repair problems. ITI wanted $379 per TV to repair at my home. What a rip-off. Checked the Internet and everyone is having the same issues with downloading Netflix. I checked my Internet provider and spent an hour on the phone only to find this is definitely a VIZIO problem. I would strongly suggest no one purchase the VIZIO TVs or their soundbars. The sound bar I purchased stopped working within 6 months after purchase.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

Same issues as other customers. Always purchased Vizio TV’s (4) but this time there is a problem. I purchase a Vizio P65-E1 65" Class 64.5" 4K Ultra HD XLED Pro Home Theater Display new. Had picture issues. I was instructed to update the software and many other procedures. Then I contacted support and they told me they would warranty it. Vizio sent me two confirmations emails giving me all the info and Vizio was processing the return. All was explained that they would pick up and exchange at the same time in 7-10 days. After waiting almost a week I counted Vizio yet another time to find out what the process hold up because as per Vizio email they would contact me with arrangements for pick up and swap in 7-10 days. Now Vizio says they can’t process the claim, because Vizio does not have the TV in stock.

I bought this TV December 14th 2017, it’s their latest model - Vizio P65-E1 65" Class 64.5" 4K Ultra HD XLED Pro Home Theater Display. Then Vizio said I needed to send the receipt to them. I told them that I already sent the receipt. I sent a copy of the receipt and then they tell me the receipt I sent could have been typed and I needed an official receipt. I gave them the picture of the TV, TV tag too. I offered my credit card receipt but Vizio would not accept it. Then I send them another receipt and they still tell me I can’t get a replacement. They have the TV on the Vizio website in stock. Vizio says they only have so many replacement TV for warranty and they have no more left. This is a week after Vizio tells me in writing that they will replace the TV in house swap in 7-10 days.

They cannot offer a replacement just because they have stock as new, because this is a Vizio warranty and has nothing to do with the new stock they have. Unbelievable. Vizio says they can refund my money 6-8 weeks after they get the TV back. So now I will not have a TV until Vizio refunds my money 6-8 weeks later. Thanks Vizio. You lost a faithful customer after purchasing 3 TVs in the past. I will not be recommending you ever again!!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I bought a 65" Vizio smart TV in December 2016 and have had nothing but problems with the TV and the company since day 1. The TV won't turn off and constantly loses its connection to my wifi. I have a Samsung in another room so I know it's not the wifi. I've been calling Vizio tech Support for 5 months now and they keep having me do this "hard reset" which doesn't work. Today I told them I was fed up and wanted a new TV or a tech to come fix it. Their response was "sorry but it's out of the 1 year warranty now". I've never had any problems with any of the 3 Samsung TVs I own. I will never again buy a Vizio and highly recommend you don't either. The $100 you save isn't worth it!!! Junk product and a crappy company that doesn't stand behind their product. I can't say it loud enough... DON'T BUY A VIZIO TV AND DON'T DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY!!!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I purchase a 65" smart TV. I was instructed to update the software and after that I received grey lines on the bottom, contacted support and they told me they would warranty it but I needed to send the receipt to them. I told them that unfortunately after hurricane Irma came my home and all my paperwork was destroyed. They told me I could call Walmart and they would send me a duplicate but because I paid cash, they don't have any record of it. I called Vizio back and spoke to the supervisor and she said they couldn't do anything but recommend me purchase a new one!! Wow thanks Vizio. You lost a faithful customer after purchasing 5 TVs in the past. I will not be recommending you ever again!! I'm out $1000.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

I have purchased two Vizio televisions in The Last 5 Years. The first was a 50-inch flat screen smart TV and about a year after purchasing it, the screen got bumped and developed a large line taking up about half of the screen and caused the picture to go black and white. I had purchased a full warranty on top of the regular warranty thru Best Buy and assumed that that covered everything according to what they told me. IT DOES NOT! They said, after the fact, that the screen is the only thing that they do not replace because it cost more to fix that than to replace the entire television itself. I accepted that perhaps I did not read the fine print and I went ahead and purchased another Vizio television which was now a 55 inch flat screen smart TV.

I noticed from the very beginning that the base was very very flimsy and the screen literally bopped back and forth if you even touched it at all (from reading online this an issue that came with all of the TVs of that generation Vizio). We decided to keep it anyway and had it for less than three years before suddenly the screen went black. The sound was still working so we had the Cable Guy come out and check all the wiring. He said that the TV was no longer working. Being that NOTHING had happened to it whatsoever, I feel that just under 3 years of usage is not sufficient for a TV that we paid $600 for! I will never purchase this brand again, and I recommend that others are cautious in their purchases.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

Similar experience as others, Vizio LED M55D0, bought in 2016 and in less than one year (under warranty), it started bleeding on one corner and then problems developed with display and eventually black screen. Called Vizio. Had to send picture of TV with sales receipt. Vizio said a replacement TV will be sent in 7 to 10 days, it could be a reconditioned, or used one but may not be new. It's now 21 days and no TV. Calls to Vizio is of no use, they just tell me to wait or call the delivery company. Called delivery company several times, they took my number and have not called back. Repeated calls to Vizio get the same answer, fortunately have recorded all the calls.

Will contact the BBB and Attorney Generals Office. Moral of story is don't buy Vizio despite their "American based support staff". It's a waste to throw the hard earned money after this product especially now that they are made in China and their support staff are rude, a simple "Sorry for your troubles, we are doing all we can" would have sufficed.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

Issues with the 55" television model D40u-Dd1. Nine months in screen showing multiple colors red, Blue, blue green, white, black. Sound but no picture. Was told change HDMI cord. Issue was my Internet unplug restart. This could be a factory color check issue. Now waiting for repair guy to fix. Let's see how it goes. Will update when I get it. This is Thursday. I started this on Monday. I've talk to five different associates all telling me what it could be but felt it was my Internet issue. That television pretty much been around United States. Talking to people. I had to make the calls and get back to them. Take time out to help solve this issue and now I'm waiting on them. We'll see. I should've kept the warranty plus through Target. So the after holiday sales aren't so good after all.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I am a TV repair technician, and I get called to repair Vizio TVs a lot. Vizio TVs go bad very often due to terrible build quality and manufacturing defects. I wouldn’t care too much, since it gives me plenty of work, except that the build quality is so pathetic, that when you remove the back cover of a Crappio/Vizio, there is a huge risk of damaging the brittle back cover and pissing off a customer. Brittle and cheap build materials are not the only problem... Another problem is the fact that there are hardly any replacement parts available for Vizios.

Since they break down so common, there is a huge shortage of new parts for them... So when I order a new part, there is a 65% chance that it is a defective recycled part from some other set. Vizio TVs are a nightmare for both consumers and repair technicians. Know that Vizio is not some cheap Chinese crap, it’s actually an American company! We produce crappier stuff than the Chinese. Absolutely pathetic.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

Got 36" 4 years ago at Christmas for $300. Would have liked bigger but cabinet can't take. Still proud of myself for this smart buy. Not only does it look good picture & sound quality are good too. Has never given me any trouble. I just turn on & watch.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Vizio 32" - Black screen within 3 months. Had to wait 6 days for a tech coming in with parts. Changed parts and still same black screen. Waited another 8 days for a empty box to send them the TV to them, got the empty box however, the box was for wrong TV so it does not fit. Called them again, offer to spend my own money to wrap it professionally and send it to them - NO. That is the answer I got, now I have to wait another 8/9 days to get the correct size box to send the TV to them. Once they get the TV, if only I get the correct box this time, they will send me a replacement TV. So by the time I will have my TV replaced will be another 15/16 days if that happens!!! Already, it has been 2 weeks so one month wait. This is with under warranty!!! Now imagine, no warranty!!!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

Just like the many other reviews on this TV, we started have banding and dark spots appear after about a year and a half. I contacted Vizio and they said it was most likely a backlight failure and would be too costly to repair. Since the tv was out of warranty they said tough luck, electrical components fail. I would definitely not recommend anybody spend the money on an upper end Vizio TV unless you don’t mind a $2000 disposable television.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

The screen could be more clear but I am satisfied with the brand that I have selected for my family to use. But the future model will have a better pixels and In high definition and Internet access.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

Do not buy this brand. Two Y.O. flat screen TV. TWO. Started experiencing issues, could hear sound but the screen was black. Followed the online troubleshooting, didn't help. Called their cust. service, although friendly they had no other help available beyond what was online. They thought it was a backlight issue, which is not economically fixable. 1-year warranty of course. Lady on the phone could not give me a solid answer on whether a 2-year shelf life was typical. Spend the extra couple hundred and buy something nice name brand. Do not buy Vizio, you will be disappointed.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

Our first Vizio was approximately 2 years old when it would freeze then it would shut off and would not turn back on! I called a Vizio repair person, they wanted over $200 to just walk into our house! But I had a warranty on the TV so that repairman came out. There was no fixing the TV so they ordered us a new Vizio. That was 1 year ago, so far we have had no issues. But the product does not seem to be quality or long lasting. Plus their customer service is about non existent. When I buy a new TV it will not be a Vizio!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I purchased a new TV - VIZIO 48 Class home theater display E48u-DO January 2017. Worked just fine until two weeks ago when I updated the SmartCast to the latest version. Now I have a fuzzy picture when I change the channel, the screen becomes a noisy and snowy. I contacted the VIZIO customer service - phone number: 888-849-4623. I was informed that VIZIO is aware of this problem. Apparently, some of their "smart TVs" are not compatible with some of the cable boxes. They could not dismantle the version I loaded, nor could they tell me when it will be fixed. Every time I change channels, I must turn the TV on and off or run it through the inputs to come back to the one for the cable. Really, not good. I have given them two weeks and then I will contact the attorney general in Mn to file a complaint against the company. This is not acceptable.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I bought an E series 55 inch smart LED in February 2016. 2 months ago, after a year and a half of owning the TV, the screen formed 3 identical black circles on the bottom of the panel and then bled straight lines vertically up the panel. Blatant panel failure. They extended the one year warranty on other models for the exact same issue. I got a hold of customer service to see if they would extend me the same courtesy. After 3 weeks of 7 different employees telling me that it was physical damage I gave up. If it were physical damage the 3 circles and lines would not be identical. Not even a little bit. No cracks, nothing. The set sat stationary for the year and a half that I owned it.

I don’t know how some people rave about Vizio’s customer service. I guess it’s a lottery. I work in the electronics repair field and I will not purchase anything with the Vizio name on it ever again and I certainly will not tell any of my customers to buy a Vizio product. Spending 600 bucks on a Vizio TV to only get a year and a half of operation from it is awful. Do not buy Vizio unless you’re into basically renting a piece of garbage until it breaks just out of warranty.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

All around the Vizio is a great TV. We have 3 of them in our home, and they display a great picture. We have never had any kind of problem with any of them. I really love my Vizios.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I have had 3 Vizio and got excellent service. Easy setup and access to all connection for PC DVR. Pictures seems to clearer than others as well.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

We purchased a Vizio 70" M70-D3 M Series TV 1 year and 3 weeks ago. We noticed today that half of the screen is dark. I called Vizio, they state it is 3 weeks out of warranty and that's it. We paid $1,900 for the TV and it lasted 12 months. When the LED's go out, the TVs are not able to be fixed. Therefore, we are just out. They did offer us a discount on another TV. They offered us a 70" E-series TV (which is a lower grade model) for the same price that Best Buy is currently offering it---so no actual discount. We bought this TV because Vizio seems like a good product for the money and a good value. However, if their products only last 12 months, it's no longer a good value.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Had this TV for a few yrs now and no issues I've experienced. I would purchase this brand again and also bought my dad one.

Vizio expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Originally sold exclusively in warehouse clubs, Vizio has emerged to become one of North America's top-selling TV brands, offering a wide range of LED-based LCD TVs and available at many major retailers. The company's UHD TVs are the first to include Dolby's high-dynamic range vision technology.

• LED zones: Superior picture quality is achieved by 16 to 72 (depending on the series) active LED zones that adapt to you to deliver brighter brights and blacker blacks.

• Smarter TV: With a remote that has dedicated buttons for Netflix, Amazon and iHeartRadio and built-in apps and WiFi connectivity, Vizio takes Smart TV and makes it even smarter.

• Ultra HD: 4K Ultra HD models have ultra-sharp 2160p resolution that deliver superior picture quality, as well as upscaling for those times you're not watching 4K content.

• High-dynamic range: The Reference Series is available in 65 inch and 120 inch and comes in amazingly clear high-dynamic-range-enabled 4K Ultra HD, which is the benchmark for superior picture quality. With this TV, you will be ahead of the curve of the possible color spectrum.

• Wide range of models: Vizio offers TVs in several series for different consumers, from basic models to their Reference Series that has top-of-the-line technology and a cutting-edge design.

• Best for: Movie and TV connoisseurs, bargain shoppers, home-theater enthusiasts and researchers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

www.vizio.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use