Vizio Reviews

Shop on Amazon
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.64/5

Vizio Reviews Shop on Amazon

Vizio Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vizio?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vizio?

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

I bought a 65 Vizio about 6 months ago. It is a constant problem. The volume is terrible. I have to turn it up past 75 to heat anything. It kicks me out of my programming all the time. I wouldn’t recommend Vizio to anyone.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

I so wish we'd have read these reviews prior to purchasing two different Vizio smart tvs - on the second one for each model as they have been nothing but trouble since we purchased. You should not have to reboot and factory reset every couple of weeks just to watch streaming content. Every two to three weeks it happens - will have worked perfectly fine the night before or even just hours before, and then it happens again. This is absurd! And when you search for solutions there are posts after posts about same issue. And even Vizio has steps/pages for same problems. Huge red flag right there! Getting ready to toss both - less than a year old - and buy a better brand. https://support.vizio.com/s/article/SmartCast-Input-Not-Loading-OK-Button-Not-Working-on-SmartCast-TV-1?language=en_US

Get buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2021

In December of 2020 I purchased a 40 inch Vizio TV from Walmart in Birmingham, Alabama. There were white lines going across the top, returned it and purchased a 43 inch from Walmart. It did the exact same thing. Spoke to vizio. They shipped me a 3rd tv and assured me it was brand new and I would not have that problem and I shipped the 2nd tv back to them.

Two weeks later the same problem occured, Walmart is giving me the runaround and so is vizio. Vizio told me to send pictures of the tv showing the white lines and a copy of the receipt and I would receive a refund, this has been going on almost two months now. They are saying it doesn't qualify for a refund. What kind of company is this that sells defective televisions to walmart and the consumers. This company needs to be shut down and sued. Do not purchase a vizio tv from anywhere they are no good,goes to a black screen, remote does not work. A bunch of python snakes.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

Do not buy Vizio products. Horrible product and horrible customer service. I purchased a Vizio V series 505-h9 from Walmart about 5-6 months ago. Very difficult to find any product information, whatsoever. Making it difficult to calibrate the tv professionally without the professional cost. I only found 1 person via YouTube who talked about the tv. Reddit and Google were not much help. I tried talking to customer service and they didn't know anything. As a result I kept basic settings until I learned more here and there. Fast forward to last month, where I discovered (and recommend) doing a white screen test via youtube on your tv to see if you have lighting issues behind the main screen.

When I did the white screen test I discovered what looked like a crack, and hair behind the main screen. I immediately requested a replacement tv. I had to wait on a response the next day. A female rep told me despite my 1 year warranty they didn't cover cracks. I asked repeatedly what did my warranty cover, she refused multiple times to answer my question. I then talked to the guy from youtube who I knew shared the same model of tv. He told me to try again. I did. I had to do the process of taking pictures and sharing them multiple times, eventually I was told I would get an advanced replacement.

Fast forward to today when the tv arrived. The box came banged up. I was nervous. I unboxed it, put in the stands, and placed the replacement tv inside of my entertainment system. Then I set the tv up, enter my settings, and did the white screen test via youtube (hoping for the best). Immediately I saw hairs behind the screen, on the screen, and found the top bezel super loose. It was so loose that I could pull the screen out and blow hairs from behind the main screen, on top of using tweezers to pull curly hairs out of the tv. It was so gross I decided I would never purchase another Vizio tv again. The fact that the replacement tv had over 15+ loose hairs on top of the super loose bezel which had black stuff fall from the loose bezel, which made me think they wear no protective head wear while assembling the tvs. It was long hair, short hair, and curly hair in the tv. Disgusting. I took to Amazon, reddit, youtube, and here to warn others.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

70 inch Vizio needs to be unplugged to reboot almost daily. It is the most frustrating tv I have ever owned. Nothing worse than laying down and turning on your tv and nothing working unless you physically get up unplug and plug it back it. Complete piece of junk. I will never purchase vizio products again.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2021

I recently bought a Vizio Smart TV January 2020. It is now February 31st 2020 And my remote Does not respond to the TV whatsoever. The buttons on the TV are not responding. This is the worst TV purchase I ever made.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

I purchased a 70 inch tv three years ago and I am only able to watch Netflix. No regular tv. Nothing else. It was a waste of money and my time trying to talk to customers service to help with the issue. Customer service was no help and did not have very good English. Waste of money...

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

Bought a brand new Vizio 55” smart tv on January 3rd 2020. It’s beyond ridiculous how terrible this tv is. Picture quality and sound quality are solid and that’s the ONLY good thing you can say about this thing. Remote constantly glitches out and doesn’t respond. If the screen goes dark for just a second, for any reason, like changing between apps or even for a commercial to start, there’s an annoying buzzing sound. Tv will randomly go dark. You can still pull up the menus and input choices but no matter what you can’t get anything else to pop up (Hulu, netflix, etc.) and you have to unplug it and plug it back in.

HDMI inputs often don’t work at all or will suddenly say there’s no connection and it will turn off, even if you’re currently watching something on said input. Power chord input and HDMI inputs are on opposite sides of the tv, making it harder to plug things in that don’t have 6 foot chords, which was just a stupid design choice. Over all, I would rather have a non flat screen tv from 20 years ago than ever buy another piece of ** from Vizio.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

This tv constantly freezes and glitches during a movie or show. Sometimes the remote doesn’t even work on it because it freezes and I have to get up to turn it off. I never write bad reviews on products but after coming on here and seeing other people’s terrible reviews I had to add mine. Do not buy this tv... Spend the extra money on better quality.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2020

On April 29, 2018, we bought a 65” #Vizio flat screen television from #Wal-Mart. It was a pretty big purchase so we bought the service plan so that if anything went wrong after the warranty expired, it would be paid for. Sure enough, something did go wrong. I don’t know anything about televisions, but apparently one of the LED strips has failed. The left half of the television is so dark it is impossible to see anything. We called the number for the service plan on the receipt, which is where the problems started. The phone message told us to file the claim online. We did that and then waited. We were eventually contacted by someone here in San Antonio. We set up a time for him to come to the house and look at the TV. He diagnosed the problem with the LED strip, which is great. He said that someone would be in touch with us soon to either pick up the TV and repair it or we would be able to trade in the TV at Wal-Mart for a new TV.

The next thing that happened was that we received an email saying that the claim had been resolved and that the TV had been repaired or replaced, neither of which had actually occurred. We have called the phone number for the service plan many, many times. We get the run around every single time and nothing is being done to fix the TV. It is extremely frustrating. The final upshot of this post is that you should never, ever buy the service plan when you make a major purchase from #Wal-Mart.

Vizio author review by ConsumerAffairs

Originally sold exclusively in warehouse clubs, Vizio has emerged to become one of North America's top-selling TV brands, offering a wide range of LED-based LCD TVs and available at many major retailers. The company's UHD TVs are the first to include Dolby's high-dynamic range vision technology.

• LED zones: Superior picture quality is achieved by 16 to 72 (depending on the series) active LED zones that adapt to you to deliver brighter brights and blacker blacks.

• Smarter TV: With a remote that has dedicated buttons for Netflix, Amazon and iHeartRadio and built-in apps and WiFi connectivity, Vizio takes Smart TV and makes it even smarter.

• Ultra HD: 4K Ultra HD models have ultra-sharp 2160p resolution that deliver superior picture quality, as well as upscaling for those times you're not watching 4K content.

• High-dynamic range: The Reference Series is available in 65 inch and 120 inch and comes in amazingly clear high-dynamic-range-enabled 4K Ultra HD, which is the benchmark for superior picture quality. With this TV, you will be ahead of the curve of the possible color spectrum.

• Wide range of models: Vizio offers TVs in several series for different consumers, from basic models to their Reference Series that has top-of-the-line technology and a cutting-edge design.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team