Vizio Reviews

Shop on Amazon
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.14/5

Vizio Reviews Shop on Amazon

Vizio Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vizio?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vizio?

Original review: Oct. 18, 2020

Don't buy this junk. I bought a 40 in TV for our master bedroom about a year ago. Then I bought one for my daughters room 3 months layer for Christmas 2019. Had to return hers at two months as it would not turn on. Exchanged for a Samsung. The master bedroom one is now junk. Trouble turning on and when it finally does sound does not work and when sound finally goes on it is out of sync with picture. I was hesitant to buy Vizio and now I know why. I had a 46 in Samsung in living room for almost 13 yrs no problems. Now I have to figure out if I can return this piece of crap or is Vizio going to be jerks and not return my money. Don't buy VIZIO their products are crap!!!!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2020

I used to love Vizio. I have owned two TVs and three soundbars. This last soundbar will be the last Vizio product I ever buy. I purchased the Vizio 5.1.4 soundbar for my living room Dec 2019. Everything worked for a few months and then out of nowhere the rear speakers began to crackle and pop. I called in as it was within warranty and had a replacement sent out. Almost immediately the replacement was worse than the original unit I had. Instead of sending me a new unit as they had promised me when they sent the refurbished unit out the first time they said they were going to send me a refund.

The next day I got a call saying I was not going to be getting a refund and they would be sending me out a replacement unit and I would be receiving an email so this could move forward. After 24 hours had passed and I had not received an email I called in and had to begin the entire process over again. I am now a week passed to that and I'm starting all over again with them saying they're going to send a refund and the whole process should take over a month. If you want to save your time and hassle over products that don't work I recommend you going somewhere else other than Vizio.

Get buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

We bought a 47 inch and an 80inch tv and both of them did not last. We had the 80inch replaced under warranty. We were lucky because we just under the 1 year warranty. Sent us a "new" one and it didn't last one month. They sent us another one. The 47 inch has went and it has been just over one year. In all of them it has been the back lighting that has went.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2020

I bought my Vizio TV about 4 years ago. The TV was pretty good. Good picture. Sound not great. A cheap limited remote that had to be replaced immediately. I was generally satisfied. I did not pay a premium price and I did not get a premium product. About a month ago Vizio did a software upgrade and my TV has been a disaster ever since. When I turn the TV on I get an error message. It tells me it cannot find the software and tells me to use the icons below. There are no icons below. It tells you to stream to the TV using Chromecast. If you wait long enough the screen with all the apps eventually boots up. It can take two minutes or longer. This is not an internet issue. When I access my TV screening service on my laptop, the access is virtually instantaneous.

I called customer service. If you want to talk to a moron, call Vizio customer service. Absolutely clueless. I asked to speak with a manager. The guy just waited on the phone until I asked if he was going to get a manager and he told me none was available. I was dealing with an imbecile but all Vizio customer service reps are imbeciles.

Yesterday, Vizio did another software upgrade. The result was even worse. Initially all I could get was a black screen. Several attempts resulted in the error message described above. Once I got the apps on the screen I could not load YouTube TV though it loaded almost instantaneously on my laptop. A call to Vizio put me in touch with another imbecile. He had no clue. Verified new software had been loaded. Did a factory reset. Now am I back to where I was when the first bad software was loaded. Sometimes I just get a black screen. Turn TV off and turn on. Get an error message. After a minute or two the icons appear.

Everything takes forever to load. Again... I have plenty of internet speed and YouTube TV works quickly and seamlessly on my laptop. One I get a picture it is quite good. This is obviously a software problem. The fact that Vizio is willing to distribute such garbage operating software tells your they are lazy, cheap and incompetent from top to bottom. NO ONE SHOULD BUY A VIZIO TV. THE MONEY SAVED IS NOT WORTH THE AGGRAVATION!!!!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2020

I bought a LED-055 - D55X-G1 -BGLTMDXWAU4356016 from Walmart, within 6 months the sound went out! Vizio sent a technician and replaced motherboard in TV. Four months later the sound went out again and Vizio replaced TV! Ten months later TV went out again, no picture or sound! Their TV's are garbage! I will never buy another Vizio product!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2020

Purchased a new TV and it lasted for 9 months. Repairman couldn't repair and said that Vizio sent bad replacement parts. Customer Service replaced with a year older refurbished tv. Was told it was better than our new tv...not! DO NOT PURCHASE A VIZIO TV!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

I purchased a Vizio tv and it is absolutely the worst tv I've ever owned. It came with a small remote that doesn't allow you to access the tv menu as well as an android tablet that hasn't worked right ever. The tablet stopped working all together and when I contacted Vizio the customer service agent wasn't any help at all. They advised that because I'm in Canada (where I bought the crappy tv) they can't send me a replacement remote that will allow me to access the tv menu. Absolutely useless and a total waste of time. I was asked if I wanted the manager to call me but why? I had already been told they would not help me so why waste any more time. Save yourself the headache and DON'T BUY A VIZIO product. If anything happens to it or it doesn't work right they won't lift a finger to help you.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

I purchased 65" Smart TV from Sam's in Mar 2020. Sam's replacement is good for 90 days. Murphy struck and my Vizio developed a red vertical line about day 95 so Sam's told me to contact Vizio. It took almost six weeks to get the tv replaced. Hooked up new replacement "Smart TV" and immediately started having sound issues. Now dealing with morons from overseas where Vizio outsources customer service. And, of course, getting absolutely nowhere with any resolution. The only thing smarting will be you if you buy Vizio.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2020

The remote is terrible. The screen is affected by every kind of light. The speakers are the worst I've ever heard. The sound sync is a 1/2 second delay to what the actors on the TV are saying. Worst TV I ever wasted money on. Don't buy Vizio.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

This is the worst TV I’ve ever owned. I don’t understand how a piece of technology built in 2019 can be so bad. I never leave reviews for anything and I sought out this website to leave this review. That’s how bad it is. If I prevent even one person from buying a Vizio, I will consider this mission a success. You can’t download any sports apps onto the TV so you have to cast everything from your phone. But that works only 50% of the time on this tv. This tv also likes to randomly turn itself off constantly. It will also turn itself back on after you turn it off for the evening. For the love of god do not buy a Vizio smart TV.

Vizio author review by ConsumerAffairs

Originally sold exclusively in warehouse clubs, Vizio has emerged to become one of North America's top-selling TV brands, offering a wide range of LED-based LCD TVs and available at many major retailers. The company's UHD TVs are the first to include Dolby's high-dynamic range vision technology.

• LED zones: Superior picture quality is achieved by 16 to 72 (depending on the series) active LED zones that adapt to you to deliver brighter brights and blacker blacks.

• Smarter TV: With a remote that has dedicated buttons for Netflix, Amazon and iHeartRadio and built-in apps and WiFi connectivity, Vizio takes Smart TV and makes it even smarter.

• Ultra HD: 4K Ultra HD models have ultra-sharp 2160p resolution that deliver superior picture quality, as well as upscaling for those times you're not watching 4K content.

• High-dynamic range: The Reference Series is available in 65 inch and 120 inch and comes in amazingly clear high-dynamic-range-enabled 4K Ultra HD, which is the benchmark for superior picture quality. With this TV, you will be ahead of the curve of the possible color spectrum.

• Wide range of models: Vizio offers TVs in several series for different consumers, from basic models to their Reference Series that has top-of-the-line technology and a cutting-edge design.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team