Westinghouse

Quit paying for costly home repairs

Westinghouse Reviews

Quit paying for costly home repairs

596 Westinghouse Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 16, 2019

I got my Westinghouse microwave on sale to replace a microwave. I have used it for over 10 years without any problems. The buttons to operate it are large and easy to read, the bell is sufficiently loud. The white color goes with any decor. Inside there is a glass plate that revolves so the food cooks evenly. The walls are easy to clean in case something splatters inside. The microwave is also relatively light so I can easily move it to clean under it. I like that there is a clock to indicate the time as well. I would definitely purchase this brand again and would recommend it to friends and family.

Original review: July 4, 2019

I purchased this microwave because of its smaller size. It was difficult to find any microwave under 22 in. wide to fit under the counter space allocated when our kitchen was redone. I also did not want a built-in under the counter or one mounted above the stovetop. We have had many microwaves over the years and all of them worked very well, including the present one. Size was our biggest issue. More manufacturers need to make them smaller in width.

Get expert buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 18, 2019

Always been impressed with it from the start, but recently, the picture will blink out, every so often, and then come back after a short time, such as 5 seconds. Only every so often does it not come back and we have to turn off the TV and turn it back on after 5 to 10 seconds. Then, the picture is good, again. Otherwise, has been a wonderful TV with good vision and excellent service.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

So I guess Westinghouse gets a bad reputation. This is what I can tell you about mine. We bought this TV years ago when flatscreens were barely a thing. To give you an idea of the time period I'll share with you the inputs it has. It has on air regular TV, HDTV the new "over the air" television signal, VGA, 2! Yes 2! Component inputs, composite video, S-Video, and 1 yes just 1 HDMI input. HDMI was barely becoming a thing and component was the go to in High Definition at the time.

It also had a built in DVD player which again for the time was very innovative. The DVD player has since stopped working but the TV is still working after all these years and hands down has the best picture I've ever seen. I love this TV so much so that my siblings and I have fought over who gets to keep it. It currently sits in my video game room as I find it has the best set of inputs for my retro video game set up. I'm sure "they don't make them like they use to" but that can be said about most things. Hopefully this helps Westinghouse's rep a little bit.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

I wanted to share my story because so many were poorly rated. I bought at 42” Westinghouse flatscreen on a good deal and it works great. Sound quality isn’t great but it’s perfect for a bedroom. The remote seems slow and a bit awkward but other than that perfectly happy with my purchase. Remember, people share only negative reviews usually, so think about how many happy people there are as well with their TVs. Also it might be the difference between their “smart” tv which seems to be where the issues are, versus non-smart, which is what I have. Makes me want to buy a Samsung if I go Smart... but I heard their TVs have issues too. Welcome to software and bloatware TVs that mass produced and highly undersupported.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Westinghouse?

Original review: June 9, 2019

This is definitely a fantastic tv for the money. Great picture, sound and quality. I think that you could spend more money on 55 inch televisions, but this is more bang for your buck - and one you will be happy with for many years.

Original review: April 20, 2019

I purchased a television with a built in DVD player from Best Buy a month ago for my son's birthday and while the television works fine the DVD player quit working, so I called Best Buy and was informed that because I didn't have an extended warranty (which I wasn't offered at the time of purchase) I would have to call Westinghouse. Horrible customer service, the rep couldn't understand me and was having me look for a button on the back of the television that wasn't there. I explained there was no button on the back of the tv and then he had me do a factory reset and nothing. Now I have to send pictures and proof of purchase to get it fixed. If not resolved quickly I will be calling consumer protection and the state Attorney General's office, this could've been a simple fix instead of a 3 ring circus.

Original review: March 26, 2019

We had this t.v. for 3 months. 3 months. That's it. Then one night it just decided to completely wig out. Would not allow us to do anything with it. It just kept turning itself on and off, on and off. We tried unplugging everything, tried taking the batteries out of the remote. Nothing. Nothing worked for this pos t.v. Very disappointed. WASTE OF MONEY.

Original review: March 22, 2019

Contacted Westinghouse on November 12, 2018 about a TV that no longer was displaying a picture. After speaking on phone to a representative with Westinghouse warranty department, I sent an email with the requested info: pictures of my TV, serial number, and copies of receipt. After this, I received an email that I needed to show proof of recycling the TV at a recycling plant. This would include pictures of the TV, pictures of the place it is being recycled. I completed this and sent an email back with the pictures on November 30, 2018.

I received an email of acknowledgment of receipt of the information. I have called back every three weeks or so to check on the status and have been told that there is an issue in the accounting department with their system and soon as it is up and running and/or the accounting department reports back to them, the refund would be issued. It is now four months since the claim was filed and I'm being told the same story.

Original review: March 2, 2019

Received the 55" ultra high definition TV for Christmas. Picture is excellent but after the first week had to unplug the unit twice because the controls locked up. Last week it started dropping the wifi every time the Set was turned off. Now it will not even connect to wifi. Contacted Westinghouse support only to find that they wanted money to talk to a technician, but advising you get it back if you are not satisfied with the results. This is the most appalling experience I have ever had with a company. I also understand that I have to send the unit back to them (at my expense) to get the unit replaced. Never again will I buy or recommend a Westinghouse appliance. Will use as a secondary unit and replace with a better name brand smart unit with a real warranty. THIS WAS A GIFT SO DO NOT HAVE A RECEIPT.

Westinghouse expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Westinghouse got its start over 115 years ago, patenting the rotary steam engine. Throughout the years it has designed and manufactured multiple consumer appliances such as energy efficient light bulbs, LCD TVs and conventional portable and inverter generators. Its generators are designed for powering home appliances in emergency situations, campers and RVs and industrial job sites.

• Portable generators: Westinghouse makes five portable generator models that range from 3,250-10,000 watts. They boast run times of around 10-19 hours when running at a 25 percent load. They also feature weather protected outlets for harsh working conditions and Pulse-Flo TIM Mufflers, which make these models among the quietest on the market.

• Inverter generators: Westinghouse includes three models of generators in its inverter series ranging from 1,000-2,100 watts. They have a run-time of around 13 hours when operating at a 25 percent load. Inverter generators feature a double insulated acoustic hood, asymmetrical fans to allow for quiet operation and a lightweight, ergonomic design.

• Additional features: Westinghouse offers additional features for their generators such as lifting hooks for easy transportation and remote start, which allows you to start your generator from a distance. Additionally, generators come with a smart idle feature that automatically adjusts based on demand, which saves fuel.

• Service and support: Westinghouse offers multiple tools online to make sure your generator stays in working order and operates smoothly. You can register your product online, find a service center, view FAQs, read up on technical service bulletins and view informational videos on all models of generators. They also include details for their power warranty for each model.

• Pricing: Westinghouse lists its three models of inverter generators at $499, $699 and $749. Its portable generators range from $449-$2,899.

• Best for: consumers needing a portable generator for travel or recreational purposes.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs