Westinghouse

Westinghouse Reviews

4.0/5 (383 ratings)

About Westinghouse Reviews

Westinghouse Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Westinghouse?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Westinghouse?

Original review: July 13, 2022

I brought a Westinghouse 43 inch Roku tv and whenever I want to watch any streaming channels like Netflix or Hulu I have to keep unplugging the tv and plug it back up to get any sound. And this isn’t the first time this happened either… Just giving a heads up.

Original review: June 2, 2022

I purchased a brand new igen 4500 and from the beginning I was experiencing issues. I had to take it to a service center twice to get repaired and the unit only has 5 hours of total run time!! Even when I took it to the service center they respectfully told me that these generators are made very poorly and break down all the time. After they replaced what Westinghouse told them to replace the unit still ran poorly. I have been calling westinghouse for over a month and no one will answer nor call me back. Since I wasn't getting a response from them I tried to diagnose the unit my self. I turned it on and the unit started to spark and caught on fire. My niece was close by playing and could have gotten seriously injured but westinghouse still doesn't care and won't return my calls. Do not waste your money on these pieces of junk. Everyone I know has had to return their units due to them not running correctly and when there is an outage they simply can't be relied upon.

Get buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2022

I purchased a 55” TV and it worked well for a few months (purchase the extra warranty or just buy a different brand). The remote only works for the power button now, HDMI ports have constant issues playing sound, constantly opens Google Play in the background even tho the remote has no batteries. Using it without the remote doesn’t work as the TV itself doesn’t have all the buttons on it to function fully. Tried several universal remotes and none have been able to connect. It may seem like a deal when you're purchasing it but I would say pay the extra couple hundred bucks and purchase a decent brand as this one is complete garbage.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

I paid for a Westinghouse Power generator and was sent a wpower.com/bonus registration card to rate their product and receive a generator cover for my $1,200 dollar product FREE of charge. I provided my review and never received any cover or got a response to my inquiry about this with Westinghouse. Item purchased was the Westinghouse iGen4500 Super Quiet Portable Inverter Generator 3700 Rated & 4500 Peak Watts, Gas Powered, Electric Start, RV Ready, CARB Compliant.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2021

Only buy this if you do not have a cap on your internet. I have a cap of 160gb per month. Within 2 1/2 days it used 62 gb of data. You cannot change the display to stream at a lower speed. Very disappointing. I am returning it to the place where I purchased it.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

My TV lasted a year. I woke up this morning and there was internal damages. It was working perfectly fine last night. I just don’t understand why and how this happens. Westinghouse doesn’t want to help replace it. I had terrible experience with customer service. It sad.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

For such a large screen TV (52 inches) it has excellent sound quality and I love having a Roku built-in. The picture is crisp and clear and with this TV being a 4K, it really does make all the difference!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

I have a Westinghouse 48” smart television. The television works really good. The picture is very clear and the colors are great. However, it takes several seconds for the screen to warm up before it comes on. And the remote is not very user friendly. It has to be pointed directly at the television and the buttons pushed really hard to control anything on the television. I’d seriously consider a different brand if I were to purchase a new television.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

My Westinghouse TV has clarity, just the right degree of sharpness and coloring. It looks very natural. I love the Roku aspect of it. I haven’t had any problems with it. I bought it 8 months ago. I have decided this product is worth making known my opinion of it which I seldom do.

Original review: July 20, 2021

I bought Westinghouse 50 inch tv in November. Within 3 months lots of jumping lines started appearing on screen. I called customer care and spoke to them regarding warranty, they did not respond properly. After couple of call they said they will refund the price excluding tax. Why would customer pay the tax for a product defect. They are not ready to replace or repair the product.

Westinghouse author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Westinghouse got its start over 115 years ago, patenting the rotary steam engine. Throughout the years it has designed and manufactured multiple consumer appliances such as energy efficient light bulbs, LCD TVs and conventional portable and inverter generators. Its generators are designed for powering home appliances in emergency situations, campers and RVs and industrial job sites.

• Portable generators: Westinghouse makes five portable generator models that range from 3,250-10,000 watts. They boast run times of around 10-19 hours when running at a 25 percent load. They also feature weather protected outlets for harsh working conditions and Pulse-Flo TIM Mufflers, which make these models among the quietest on the market.

• Inverter generators: Westinghouse includes three models of generators in its inverter series ranging from 1,000-2,100 watts. They have a run-time of around 13 hours when operating at a 25 percent load. Inverter generators feature a double insulated acoustic hood, asymmetrical fans to allow for quiet operation and a lightweight, ergonomic design.

• Additional features: Westinghouse offers additional features for their generators such as lifting hooks for easy transportation and remote start, which allows you to start your generator from a distance. Additionally, generators come with a smart idle feature that automatically adjusts based on demand, which saves fuel.

• Service and support: Westinghouse offers multiple tools online to make sure your generator stays in working order and operates smoothly. You can register your product online, find a service center, view FAQs, read up on technical service bulletins and view informational videos on all models of generators. They also include details for their power warranty for each model.

• Pricing: Westinghouse lists its three models of inverter generators at $499, $699 and $749. Its portable generators range from $449-$2,899.

Westinghouse Company Information