Vizio

Vizio Reviews

3.8/5 (518 ratings)

About Vizio Reviews

Vizio Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vizio?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vizio?

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

I purchased a Vizio TV (M-Series Quantum 65"4K HDR SmartTV: M65Q7-H1) in December, 2020 from Best Buy, together with a 2-year protection plan from the Geek Squad. Since then I’ve had number of problems including WiFI error messages (“not connected to the internet”), freezing of the TV screen when trying to load an app, sound/video out of sync. Broad horizontal banding (green, red) appears intermittently on the screen that “floats” up the screen.

The Geek Squad have been out numerous times over the last six months, but failed to repair the TV despite replacing many parts and performing many software updates. They contacted Vizio who say they will replace it with a refurbished TV. My problem is that I didn’t ask for a replacement and I certainly don’t want a refurb. I’d like my money returned since I bought a manifestly lemon TV. Vizio say they are following their warranty procedures. Credit to the Geek Squad for working tirelessly. Given my experience, I recommend that anyone buying a TV should look at other brands. Vizio might be budget choice, but they don’t offer a reliable quality product, and they don’t provide service procedures that are actually helpful. Don’t buy a Vizio.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

Brought in 2020. 1 year and 1 month after the factory warranty expired all the apps stop working. I called Vizio and they couldn't help and now the TV won't turn off with remote and volume don't work. SMH.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

I have had a few of these tvs. The only issue is the sound. The voices are low although when the commercials comes on it is extremely louder. Overall it is a great television to purchase. I will be getting a new one with a sound bar.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

I own a Vizio 65 inch Smart Television. I have had this television for about a year and a half. I have been quite impressed with the picture quality. It is bright and sharp with great color. The sound is adequate, though it would be nice if it could be a better. Some movies and shows require the volume raised to the limit and there is a bit of vibration and distortion when it is that high. This is not a huge problem as nearly all other televisions I've had have required a soundbar to hear dialogue. This television is usually loud enough on its own. The only real issue I had with this television is when I lost the remote and accidentally reset the television to factory default the television was completely useless! I could not setup the television without the remote so it was stuck at the setup screen until I could go out and buy another remote...Every television should have enough controls on the television itself to at least operate it through setup.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

I bought 3 Vizio tvs 2 of which no matter what I try the lip sync is always off by a lot and the other just turns off randomly. I would have taken the of them back had I unpacked them and set them up right away but didn't.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

Well the dependability is terrific compared to my very expensive Samsung that failed after 3 1/2 years. The picture quality is mediocre. The "Smart TV" portion is fair at best, with some of the apps obsoleted without updates available after several years. The WIFI dependability is average.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2021

I have a 55" Visio that works very well with both satellite and streaming. The picture quality is very clear and bright making tv/movie watching a very good experience. The remote works extremely well with DirecTv and all of my streaming services. The sound is only just average, but adding a sound bar helps.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

I just bought the television. It's nice. It's really nothing to explain. The television has a Netflix and YouTube buttons on the remote control. The picture shows really nice. It's a smart television.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

I've owned several Vizio brand tvs. Definitely a great value. I made a comparison with other Name Brand tvs and came very close or better in picture, sound and quality. My Vizio tv is still going strong with no problems. Thank You! Vizio for a great product.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

I purchased because of the price/size. It wasn't too outrageous. I was surprised it came with Netflix and Hulu installed because my old TV is ancient and has no internet capabilities. We also discovered the screen casting feature and have been very happy about it. My only complaint is the HDMI input is only 3. For TV this price and how large I would hope they have more than just 3 inputs.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2021

Bought a Vizio smart tv 2020 and we experienced so many problems. Everyday I have to spend 3hrs or greater to set up the so called smart tv up and then the Vizio tv restarts with the set up. Customer service isn't helpful along with anyone who has a Vizio to help. It's ridiculous.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2021

Too many issues connecting to wifi. The TV always says "cannot connect to network". I always have to reboot the TV, sometimes a hard and sometimes a soft reboot. Casting to the TV is spotty bc of this issue. I know it's not my phone or my internet.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

We purchased our first “Vizio” big screen Tv in 2017 because we bought we were getting a quality product. This costly TV completely crap out in 2019! Just short of 2 yrs! Warranty was up! Wow TVs these days are meant to last at least 6-7 yrs! Best Buy says “oh well” should’ve got the extended warranty! Couldn’t afford it! Thanks guys! Christmas 2019, We again went with a 70”Vizio TV! Why? Not sure, thought these thing happen I guess! We are still kicking ourselves over this! It is Aug 4th 2021! TV has been having problems for months, and now vertical lines everywhere and left half of screen is really dark! Wtf man! Really?!! These TVs are GARBAGE! But the salespeople will sell you strong on them! Someone do something!! Spent thousands for 2 TVs in less than 4 yrs! Terrible!!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

Bought this TV new in late 2018. It's had issues off and on from the beginning. A few days ago the picture stopped working. Sound only. We went multiple reset options with no luck. Vizio say it only has a 1 year warranty. The normal lifespan of a modern TV is 7 years. This one lasted 3. Please take my experience and learn from my mistake. DON'T BUY A VISIO!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

We have had the television only one day but so good so far. Good setup instructions and the on-line setup is very good. I just wish I knew if I need to remove the four tape strips, one on top another on the bottom and one on each side? Does anyone know? This needs to be addressed in the documentation which I downloaded.

Original review: July 22, 2021

Another American made piece of junk. Bought a 55 inch Vizio TV less than 3 years ago and it's junk. Support told me I have the black death screen and to buy another TV. Get this "they said that I could buy a new Vizio at a special discount price, because of my first unfortunate Vizio TV." I told them to stuff their Vizio TV's where the sun don't shine. I truly hope that someone will start a class action lawsuit against Vizio.

Original review: July 20, 2021

TV shuts off after several hours. Have to keep unplugging it for it to come on and stay on. THE WORST TV EVER. DO NOT BUY. I wish I had looked up the reviews before purchasing. It was "a good price". I definitely got what I paid for. Horrible. Even my grandchildren get frustrated trying to watch it.

Original review: July 18, 2021

Purchased TV on 06/24/2021 from Sam's Club while on sale. After a month, we must reconnect TV to wireless signal several times a week. Also, TV wouldn't power on. Had to unplug and replug a few times.

Original review: July 14, 2021

Issues started within 30 days of purchase. Contacted Vizio on issue 3 times for the same issue after Resetting each time. Told me they were going to replace it and would contact me for the details. They then said it was fixable and for me to reset the TV once again. I complied with this Reset nonsense too many times. It is now obvious they are not honoring the warranty. It is my hope that others will not suffer through this as well. Something has gone to be done to protect the consumers.

Original review: July 13, 2021

I purchased a 65 inch Vizio P Series TV (model P65Q9-H1) last December for the specific reason that I had also just purchased a PlayStation 5. Upon purchasing the PS5, I wanted to buy a TV that is going to support the next generation graphics. So I specifically set out looking for a 4K TV with an HDMI 2.1 port that is 120hz. I decided to buy this TV as it has 4 HDMI ports in total. HDMI 1 and 2 are standard 2.0 ports that only support 60hz. HDMI 3 and 4 are the next generation 2.1 ports that are 120hz primarily used for the next-gen gaming consoles.

This TV is falsely advertised on both Vizio’s and Best Buy’s websites. To be clear, my complaint is against Vizio, not Best Buy. I did purchase the TV at Best Buy, however, the information, specs, verbiage, etc., that goes on Best Buy’s website is all supplied by Vizio for their products that Best Buy sells. Here is the TV that I purchased: **. This TV is clearly advertised as a 120hz TV on both websites. The 120hz does not work with my PS5, and in the rare occasion that it does, it is only a matter of time before issues occur with a white scrambled image as shown in the attached photo.

There are numerous complaints and negative reviews towards Vizio regarding this issue on Vizio’s, Best Buy’s, and numerous other websites. They are fully aware of the situation and have even posted topics regarding the issue on the FAQ page of their website. Their solution is for customers to use HDMI 1 or 2 which are only 60hz ports. I didn’t purchase a 60hz TV. I purchased a 120hz TV. If I wanted to play my PS5 in 60hz, then I would have either kept my previous TV or bought one for half the price that I spent on this one.

Vizio has been aware of this issue for as long as I have owned this TV, if not longer, due to the floodgates of complaints that they have received even prior to my purchase. The question I have is why are they still advertising this as a 120hz TV if it clearly does not work in 120hz? Is it just maybe because they want to continue to mislead the public in thinking that they are buying a 120hz TV so they can make more sales?

I have called and spoke to numerous supervisors in their corporate office over the past 7 months. I keep being told that they will be pushing out a firmware issue to resolve the problem. I have been dealing with this for 7 months and my patience is wearing thin. They can’t push out a firmware update to fix this issue but they can push out new TVs for 2021? Makes a whole lot of sense, doesn’t it?

In my communication with their corporate office, I had requested to be upgraded to the 2021 equivalent of last year’s version of my same model TV. The P Series Quantum X (model P65QX-H1) at no additional expense to me. They refused to do it. I’ve read some reviews on it and noticed that some people have reported not having any issues with the 120hz not working for them. I don’t think I am being unreasonable for requesting this considering all of the hours I have spent on the phone with their support team troubleshooting the issue.

Instead, they offered to refund my money. I don’t want a refund, I want a resolution to the issue. I purchased this TV during the holidays when it was on sale. For me to accept a refund would mean that I would have to spend several hundred dollars more to buy a TV now when they are not on sale in order to get a TV that supports these specs. My recommendation is to avoid Vizio at all costs. Their customer service is the worst. Instead of working with the customer, they will false advertise and mislead you into buying their products. Since they refuse to work with me on this issue, I am not only posting this review here, but on every other review site as well.

Original review: June 27, 2021

VIZIO TV is the worst TV experience in the world, if they had any common sense they would return people's money and rethink how to make a quality TV's. The tv locks up, it does an upgrade all the time, you can watch tv for about 3 to 4 hours and then it just shuts off then locks you out for an hour. TV is crap..

Original review: June 23, 2021

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY on Vizio's crappy TV's. They are defective electronics and to top it all they won't stand behind their One year warranty. TWICE BURNT different size TV's. You think you are saving money or getting a good deal because they are cheaper. Well you get what you pay for: crap and won't stand behind their warranty. Terrible customer service. Buy any other brand but this crap.

Original review: June 21, 2021

We bought our Vizio tv maybe a 9 months ago and maybe a few weeks after the TV starting Freezing, now it's awful always freezing and every time we turn on the TV we have to reboot it and after rebooting it sometime the sound and the mouths are not not coming out together. You will see the person's mouth move then hear the words. This product is so awful, do NOT BUY a Vizio Television.

Original review: June 13, 2021

Review of the Vizio smart TV application that comes with all your Vizio TVs. I hate this TV as they dictate what apps you can put on. I did not realize this when I bought a Vizio smart TV. In my opinion it’s my TV and I should be able to put on what apps I want. DO NOT BUY VIZIO SMART TVS UNLESS YOU WANT THEM TO CONTROL WHAT YOU WATCH! This TV for me is nothing more than a monitor because now I have to buy an Apple device or a Roku device that lets me put on apps that I enjoy. Make sure they have the apps on their platform that you want or you are OUT OF LUCK!!! It’s a Censoring TV by controlling the apps that controls what you see that’s important in news media today. It has a ton of left wing liberal News apps and the only Fox for the right wing! Good luck.

Kurt

Original review: June 13, 2021

Great visual quality, low price. Extremely low lifespan. Cheaply made. Glitches, slow response, locks up and a not very smart smart tv. The old ones are good and still work but the new ones are a garbage.

Original review: June 10, 2021

I recently purchased two Vizio TVs. I always buy Samsung but I decided to give them a try. Big mistake, both TVs have given me problems. They both have just lost power while watching on more than one occasion. I bought a 70” and a 40”, same issues. That’s not a coincidence, just poor quality from the company. Never again!

Original review: June 7, 2021

Model V555-H1 ser LTMWZHKW1863146. On 06/07/2021 the TV flashed that Vizio was installing an update (not requested by me) and not to turn off the TV. Within about 15 minutes the TV Had a blank screen and 30 seconds later flashed Vizio logo. This process continued for 15 Hrs. I called service and spent about one Hr trying to fix - NO fix available. TV is dead for my use. AGAIN COMPANY INITIATED AN UPDATE WITHOUT MY PERMISSION OR INITIATION. THEY CRASHED THIS TV THAT I OWN AND WAS MADE BY VIZIO. Company rep called by at about 11 AM on 06/07/2021 and eventually said they will not fix. It should be emphasized that I did NOT initiate any commands. This was automatic from the Company. AT this time they are NOT intending to fix this expensive TV. Model V555-H1 ser LTMWZHKW1863146.

Original review: May 31, 2021

I bought a television one week before Christmas in 2020. The TV has not worked. All apps drop off. Have called Vizio tech support. I've been told it's their fault and they're going to fix it. It is now June. TV is still not fixed. Can I watch Hulu, Netflix or any other apps and I'm paying for them. I asked them to take the TV back. They refuse so I threw TV trash and bought a new TV today. Will never buy Vizio again. I want my $ 397 back. Product model v505 H9. Serial number liaz bkw 3707 918.

Original review: May 18, 2021

I needed to contact Vizio for a very simple question: My TV arrived with a packet of 4 small screws missing, Not essential for the functioning of the TV. I asked all possible ways to contact them (eg messaging as suggested, phoning, etc). Never got an answer got an answer. Messaging was never read for example. All I asked was, "Can you send me the missing screws, or give me their spec so I buy it at a local store."

Original review: May 2, 2021

The TV was purchased at the beginning of the pandemic because our last one (Sony) had an accident with my Autistic son. At the time there weren't a lot of tvs at BestBuy. So we settled on this vizio.. A few months later we purchased a smaller 24 inch for a smaller room, one where the TV gets used maybe once a month or every other month. Our 65 inch was wall mounted originally and the stands were lost at some point.. probably thrown away.. Well recently I decided to redo my entertainment center so I took down my original center and am remaking a new one where stands are required. I contacted vizio about PURCHASING new ones since it was my fault I no longer had them.

A nice lady said since the TV was under warranty, she would send me new ones.. was happy. I checked back after almost two weeks and was informed by lady number two, that vizio does NOT do that and DOES NOT sell stands.. seems weird to make a TV that includes stands but if you need new ones for some reason, they don't sell them. She gave me three websites of people that would sell them and I contacted all three and NO ONE had them in stock..

So I ordered from Amazon and they work.. so now remote... This is a big issue... both of our remotes for our vizios.. well..how can I say this? Junk.. the OK button that selects the app or program you are on is soooo unresponsive that sometimes you feel like you are pressing it hard enough to bend it.. I've talked to vizio and went over all the steps they have listed on their website. New batteries. Clean line of sight to tv.. pushing ALL OF THE OTHER buttons and all of the other buttons are ok.. Now the problem is not me.. it's the remote.

How do I know this? Like I mentioned we have two vizio tvs. The 65 gets used daily a lot.. I could understand if we wore the button out.. but the 24 inch? Since we purchased it, I can honestly and truthfully say it has been used less than 10 to 15 times since we purchased it.. It is in a room that is hardly ventured into.. Once every other month maybe? And its controller has same issue.. now see my issue? Junky.. We have downloaded the app and it works..

Now last issue.. I have to hardstart (turn off unplug wait etc etc) approximately every two months or so because some of the apps like YouTube or Vudu or Disney+ will not work. They just go to a black screen and nothing. I've talked to vizio tech at various points even one helping me out to make sure it was updated and this and that.. same issue again today and that is why I'm writing all this.. Maybe most people love their vizio. Not us... We are going back to SONY or try LG or anyone else.. TV is just at a bit over year old and it feels like we have had it for a decade...Oh well...

Vizio Company Information