Vizio

• 0%
  • 3%
  • 94%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vizio?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vizio?

Reviewed Sept. 24, 2023

Will not connect via HDMI. Have to use old coaxed methods. TV won't download Netflix Prime or Disney. I have had Xfinity check all modems, boxes and cables. Spent countless hours on the phone which was a huge waste of time. Will never purchase another VIZIO product.

Reviewed Sept. 23, 2023

I have a Vizio in my bedroom just for nighttime viewing. I do not stream, only watch over-the-air channels. Since Vizio sent the Watch Free Tv app, it has been a hassle, and I now have to use my internet data to watch over-the-air channels. I have been on the phone with 2 support people today and neither one of them was able to put my tv back to over-the-air only and now it doesn't work at all. The TV as of right now is completely useless where up until the week before last it was working fine. I worked with the Watch app for a week trying to learn to use it but it was just too much trouble and the fact that I gave up my cable TV and was now having to use my internet data for local channels did not sit well with me. Vizio should replace my TV but of course, they will not and most likely do not care about my problem. If you buy a Vizio, do not buy a smart TV. They will take control of it like they did mine!

Reviewed Sept. 22, 2023

75' TV almost 1 year old. Constantly stops connecting to wifi for from 5 minutes to many hours. We have 11 other wifi connected devices in home that NEVER have this problem. Also, external speaker bar I bought separately died within 3 months.

Reviewed Sept. 17, 2023

Just prior to having this tv for 3 years, I noticed a brownout bar across the screen. Within 4 months, my entire screen had browned out. Since I didn't have the extended warranty, Vizio wouldn't go anything about it. I definitely expect a tv to last for more than 3 years--My Sony is going on 14 years now.

Reviewed Sept. 17, 2023

DO NOT buy Vizio sound bar products. Mine stopped working shortly after warranty expired. I call. They would not give me the time of day or even share with me a repair center's number. Poorly made product. Save yourself the aggravation and the money.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed Sept. 15, 2023

I've had my TV less than a year and it's been nothing but headaches. Regardless of what you pay for one of these TVs, the frustration is not worth it. The price should have been a clue. I'm from the days when customer service was truly helping the customer. Never again.

Reviewed Sept. 8, 2023

I wouldn't recommend this TV to purchase. Issues with with wifi and hardwire connectivity. Apps are very slow to run and the new update is a disaster. Live stream TV!!! Garbage!! If you use wifi connectivity it freezes every 4 seconds. If you use ethernet it freezes every 4 seconds. I have 2 gbps internet speed so don't say it's my internet. Every device in the house works great on wifi or on ethernet. It's your garbage TVs that you designed. Please stay away from Vizio if you don't want headaches.

Reviewed Sept. 8, 2023

We Bought a 50" Smartcast TV back in summer 2019. Seemed a good buy with good quality and sound and we were relatively happy with it's performance at first. My wife and I Never owned a smart TV before and were new to streaming. So we started off fine. The Smartcast input never was fast at loading, but we dealt with it. It performed ok, we were happy enough. Several calls to their "customer service line" when things seemed to go south, they usually were able to help us with resets, and things went along so-so for a while till Smartcast just wouldn't load anymore. The solution for us was that we bought an external streaming product, and things were great again. The Smartcast function wasn't in the way any longer, the new streaming device gave us the streaming abilities we needed, and it was cheap, so we were satisfied.

Fast forward to around mid August, 2023, and I notice that the TV has become sluggish. My onscreen input selection bar has been moved, the input names have changed, WTH? Ok, so things slog along until one day in very early Sept, I have no control of my volume. I mean none! I can't change channels in the antenna input setting. The remote isn't working normally.

I try the manual buttons on the back of the TV, same issues. So we call Vizio customer service for help. They tell us YES, they have been doing updates to the firmware very recently, and they cannot be reversed WTH? They tell us we can't block the updates. They tell us to try resetting the TV to orig factory specs. I tried all day Saturday, you can't!!! The set says it's resetting but problems persist and the visual changes that were caused by the updates are still not what they were when the TV was brand new. I tried till I was so frustrated, I just took the TV out to the trashcan.

Never again will I buy Vizio! Never again will I buy a smart TV. I replaced my Vizio with a "DUMB" TV, and never have I been so happy. The new TV, is just a TV. That's it. If I want to stream, I can do so with an external device. If my streaming devices ever fails, I can replace it with any brand I choose. No more will my viewing habits be spied on. No more will I be at the mercy of the TV brand. I believe "Dumb" TV's will make a comeback. Some company, somewhere, will figure that out. Maybe a new brand will emerge and only make dumb TV's.

The consumer wants a reliable product that keeps the consumer in control. There are smart TV's out there that allow the consumer to set the update schedule, or even override or block it completely (but not many). I almost went that route, but I thought it's better to just steer clear, just in case. Thanks Vizio. You have convinced me to never buy your brand again. I will make sure everyone I know here's about my experience, you can bet on that.

Reviewed Sept. 1, 2023

Purchased a Vizio TV in 2019. Admit I have had some minor problems going back about 2 years ago but knowing the warranty was only for a year I lived with it. TV worked fine yesterday, went to sleep, got up this morning and turned on the TV and NO PICTURE. Sound was on, but NO PICTURE. Total black. Called tech support and in short, "Too bad you're out of warranty." A TV should last more than 4 years. I have had TVs for over 10 years with no problems. This was my first Vizio and MY LAST. No stars!!!!

Reviewed Aug. 24, 2023

I bought a Vizio tv for $700. In less than 1 year I had a problem with the backlight on the left side it was very dark but the right no problem, I contacted support, they replaced it with a new one, I have it same problem after 1 year. I contacted support again, he said they can't do anything for me. Even if it's a serial problem, they don't want to hear anything. If you buy Vizio prepare yourself to change it every year. DO NOT BUY VIZIO NEVER!!!

Reviewed Aug. 23, 2023

Will not honor warranty. After sending in photos they told me I damaged my television and they would not send a technician out to my home to verify that it was not a manufacturer defect. The TV is not damaged.

Reviewed Aug. 19, 2023

My daughter bought me this 40" Vizio for my new apartment Christmas 2022. Worked great for about 3 months. Now all I get is connectivity issues and it cuts off in the middle of my shows all the time. Am getting another TV and will NEVER recommend Vizio to anyone. This company doesn't stand by their products and gives you the run a round all the time.

Reviewed Aug. 18, 2023

I purchased my 50 inches Vizo TV May or April of 2022. After about a year I started seeing lines running across my tv, so I called Vizio, they that they would give me a refund, they kept daily asking for different documents in which I gave them, it took two weeks of asking for different before the last person I spoke with started that they had everything that they needed. So I will receive an refund in 60 days, it’s been long past the sixty days so I called them, now they stated that my refund was denied, so I am now waiting for them to send me an email so that I can take it to a lawyer so I can get my money back. Never by a Vizio TV.

Reviewed Aug. 6, 2023

Have had the TV less than a year and am having internet connectivity issues, smart tv apps not working and display issues. If you didn’t save your receipt from 6 months ago you are unable to be assisted. Seems like the display issue is happening with almost everyone who purchases from 6 months to a 2 year mark. DO NOT BUY!

Reviewed Aug. 6, 2023

I purchased a Vizio Smart TV on 01/15/2023, and as of August 6th of the same year the television is experiencing internet issues. I contacted the cable company, and the representatives were more than helpful but unable to resolve the issue. My television is in fact connected to my home's wi-fi, but the apps on the tv are all still stating that there is no internet connection. I contacted Vizio customer service, where I was refused of any service until I provided a clear receipt with all of the product's purchase information. I assumed that like any other product when you give a serial number all of the information would populate. That was not the case here. Overall, I am disgusted that this TV is a little over 6 months old, and I am experiencing such severe issues already.

Customer ServiceReliability

Reviewed July 27, 2023

I purchased a 48" Vizio smart cast TV April 2022. By November 2022 had issues with apps not working, volume turning up and down by itself. Received a replacement by Feb. 2023. I was told the warranty would be extended until June 2023 due to the issues even have a recording of the conversations. By March 2023 the apps started freezing, the volume goes up and down on its own, and when muting the tv the screen sometimes goes black with volume still on until you press mute again then screen comes back and volume muted. Once again contacted Vizio they troubleshooted. This went on through May 2023.

Last call they told me my warranty was up byy own remote and the recording I had of the earlier conversations meant nothing. Need w July 2023 the TV comes on but does NOTHING else. VIZIO is junk and I would NEVER recommend this brand to anyone even if they sold for $50 each they aren't worth the time and aggravation to try to watch anything.

Contract & TermsCoverage

Reviewed July 27, 2023

Horrible all around experience! Tried returning it to the store, return window was closed. Contacted Allstate insurance they directed us to Vizio tect support.. Lady said they pushed out an update and nothing we can do about the problems because we had agreed to the terms. OK, so far we lost our on screen guide, discription and HDMI 1 port. Lady said we needed another HDMI and different device to plug into the HDMI 1 port, crazy! Our HDMI cable and dvd player worked in port 2 just fine but not 1!! Also had to rescan the antenna each time we turned the tv back on to bring up the channels. Have to "watch free" now to bring up our antenna channels and a number of other issues as well! We lost a lot of functions so were just sol no refunds. Buying additional insurance is a joke as well. Seems Vizio uses the update term as a get out of jail free card.. Will never buy another Vizio product.

Reviewed July 27, 2023

Like another customer on here Phyllis said Vizio will NOT ever sent you a refund. I have screenshots that show they owe me 2 refunds and it's been saying "processing" for about 2 weeks. These people LIE and hide behind automatic messages. I recently found out that Vizio is also still tracking customer's tv usage. They've hid the feature in the Settings and I'm sure everyone will find this option turned ON although customers don't turn it on. Vizio already have it programmed to track your television data which is why they don't tell customers it's there or how to turn it Off.

Now they've resulted to with-holding customer's refunds after they're approved. I've contacted them several times to ask when will both refund checks be mailed out yet they've given me the run around and keep saying 60 days. It doesn't take that long to process a refund. It should be illegal for any Company to with-hold a refund without a Legitimate reason and Vizio employees had not one good reason why they hold refunds for 60 days. They've had excuse after excuse and I've caught them in multiple LIES. I just want both of my FULL REFUNDS so I can NEVER EVER deal with Vizio again. I'll stick to Samsung. I only bought these 2 Vizio televisions because they were out of stock of the Samsung Brand. Now 6 months ago and now they're no good and the screens have turned white. I've never had a television go out in 6 months. Vizio need to just go out of business because no one want your JUNK Vizio.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingOnline & App

Reviewed July 21, 2023

Do not buy a Vizio smart TV. That is my recommendation, I will certainly never buy another. If presented with the choice of buying a Vizio TV and not being able to watch TV, it would depend on the time of year. May and June, the NBA playoffs. That is a no brainer. I acknowledge that I have never purchased any other smart TVs. Maybe they’re all similar, in which case, disregard. One of the things they never tell you when you buy your Vizio, is that you have to consent to their marketing. They claim that by allowing third parties access to your viewing history and habits, they are able to sell TVs for less.

After setting up the TV, there is a notice that you must consent to, allowing Vizio to collect information on how much time you spend watching, what time of day you watch, what shows you watch, how much time you spend looking at something when you are trying to decide what to watch and what commercials you watch as opposed to skipping. Probably universally, new owners think, ‘there is no way I am consenting to this,’ and then they find out that you have to consent to it if you want to keep using your TV. When I googled this, I found out that Vizio reassures new Vizio owners by telling them that your identity is never used in conjunction with any of this data, but that is still not very reassuring. In the end, I had to consent to watch my TV.

That was 4 years ago and I don’t think about it very much anymore, so this is what has my feathers ruffled today. In addition to collecting data about my viewing, Vizio also makes certain recommendations. When I turn my TV on, sometimes, a window opens giving me the option of watching something that I would never choose on my own. My choice is to watch this offering, or shutting down and starting up again. There is no going back, only an option to play. Eventually I figured out that I can use the “Exit” button on the remote to go to the usual menu. It’s annoying, but I am used to that now too.

In the 1970s, like most people, I had a component stereo. Every time I moved, which was a lot of times, the first thing that got moved and set up was the stereo, so that I could listen to music while unpacking in the new place. I no longer have any pieces of stereo equipment. I have a Bose surround sound system connected to my Vizio 65 inch smart TV and I use that to listen to music. Before you get the wrong idea, I bought it refurbished. I am not made of money. If I were I would not have bought a Vizio smart TV from Costco.

Vizio has all of the usual apps, and about 118 that I will never use, and of course I can’t delete or even hide any of the ones that I don’t use, only reorder the app bar to where I don’t have to see them. They have iHeart Radio, Pandora and Sirius. I can listen to music on YouTube as well, but I dislike all of these services for various reasons. When listening to Pandora, if I say I want to listen Nora Jones it will start with a Nora Jones song and then never play another Nora Jones song for 2 hours. After a few minutes it will play a Jack Johnson song and if I don’t go into the room and give it a thumbs down, pretty soon, 2 out of every 5 songs is a Jack Johnson song. Don’t get me wrong, I like Jack Johnson, but when I ask Pandora to play Nora Jones, I want to hear at least a few Nora Jones songs.

Sirius XM is a joke. Commercial free my **. They say they are commercial free and maybe they don’t advertise beer or cars or fast food, they talk more than any commercial FM station. They are constantly advertising their other channels and something that is going to be on those channels later today or tomorrow or whatever.

YouTube plays commercials. If I am sitting in front of my TV and not in the other room, fixing lunch or doing dishes or whatever, it works, but it plays a 4 minute song and then a 4 minute advertisement, with the option of skipping after 4 seconds. If I want to dry my hands and walk back in the living room and skip the ad, it is not too annoying, but for my money, I like to build a playlist of songs from iTunes and connect my iPhone to my Vizio and listen to what I want to listen to, commercial free, through my Bose surround sound system, as loud as I want.

For whatever reason, it is hit or miss if my phone will connect to the TV. Sometimes it hooks up on the first go and other times I have to shut the TV off and back on a few times or quit iTunes a few times and restart or even restart my iPhone before it finally connects. I have had it take 10 minutes to connect before, but then once it does, I can listen to music all day. That is of course, unless Vizio decides they need to send me one of those recommendations and that disconnects my phone from the TV and takes 10 minutes to get hooked back up, causing me to say bad words.

So what got me spun up enough to write this review, is my Vizio abruptly stopping Tom Petty from singing Born to Rebel, to see if I want to watch Barbie, the movie. Okay, if you are collecting all of this data about me, why would you send me a recommendation to watch Barbie. I am a 67 year old single male, born in Idaho who lived in Alaska most of my life and so given the option of watching Barbie or having one of my teeth pulled without anesthesia I would want to know which tooth. It took a while, but I am back to listening to my Rock On mix, currently, The Wallflowers, One Headlight, until Vizio sends me another stupid recommendation.

Reviewed July 17, 2023

My children bought me a Vizio tv Dec 2021. 6 months I had vertical lines on my screen. After calling Vizio multiple times they replaced that tv. Now 6 months later this one all of sudden has no sound! Called the company again and they will kit replace or repair! These TVs last basically a month! Will never buy this product again! Junk!

Reviewed July 6, 2023

Vizio updates and changes how the tv functions - not better for the consumer - they do not want you to watch local channels just their free TV -the guide does not work all the time, you cannot tell what channel you are on (local channels), does not give you channel numbers, you do have to unplug tv at time to get either volume or channels to come on - NOT SURE HOW YOU CAN UPDATE A TV AND TAKE OPTIONS AWAY - DO NOT BUY, GET A DIFFERENT BRAND!!!!

Reviewed July 3, 2023

Just purchased a 2019 motorhome with 2 Vizio TVs. Both TVs worked fine the first couple of times I turned them on - completely downhill from there. Have to unplug them, wait 5-10 seconds then plug them back in every time just to get them to turn on. Then, to get to the Smartcast home screen, I have to run a factory reset....every time. So, to get to Youtube or Amazon Prime, that takes about 15 minutes....every time. Yes, I called their support line which eventually ended with "since your TV is so old maybe you would like to buy a new model". I replied, yes, I will be buying a new TV but it sure won't be a Vizio. Since we are going on a trip right away I replaced the TVs with a couple from our house - a LG and a Samsung. Youtube & Amazon Prime? Maybe 30 seconds....every time. Never heard of Vizio before buying this RV....Can't imagine willingly buying one.

Installation & Setup

Reviewed June 17, 2023

I purchased a Vizio TV in November 2022. Every time it does an update the ability to get to the local channels goes away. Keep in mind there are no numbers on the remote - you click ok on the remote and a keypad is supposed to appear on screen so you can select the channels you want. Whenever there is an update, that keypad disappears and only brings up the guide that you have to scroll through hundreds of channels to get to what you want. And on the guide, about 75% of the time, my local channels are not there at all. Very frustrating. I got rid of this TV after only 7 months and will never buy another Visio product. Have used Samsung TVs in the past, and to replace the Visio and the Samsungs work great and setup is easy. I recommend staying away from Visio.

Reliability

Reviewed June 3, 2023

Overall my Vizio D24f1 tv has been pretty good - impressive picture and sound, however, after a Netflix update my tv was bricked! Spent quite a bit of time with Vizio troubleshooting, finally the last thing to try was to download the last Vizio update to my computer, save it on a thumb drive, and insert the thumb drive into the back of the set. It worked! Can now access Netflix, Apple tv, etc very well - only other "problem" is that frequently I would have to unplug the tv and plug in again to get it to come on. Installed a lighted on/off switch at the place the tv plugs into the wall so I can easily do this. Basically, sometimes you turn the tv on, and it doesn't come on.

After turning the on/off switch off, and on again - then the tv would light the blue "power" lite, which comes on for about 10 seconds - after this light fades away, then I could press the on button on the remote, and it displays the "V" and quickly comes on. No big deal, you get used to it, only takes a few seconds to get the TV to come on, but quirky. One thing I really like is that the viewing angle of this tv is very good, I have mine on a shelf above my computer and to the right, the pictures look great from this angle, some tvs have a big problem with being viewed from below the tv level -

Reviewed May 28, 2023

I purchased a Vizio 40" smart tv in Dec. Since April the screen turns green when I power it on. The TV shuts off randomly, sometimes the TV won't even turn on. I have to unplug it, then wait about 5 mins then try again. Sometimes it works, mostly not. I wouldn't purchase this brand again. My neighbor is having problems as well.

PriceStaff

Reviewed May 23, 2023

3 maybe 4 Vizio TVs and now I know for sure to never buy this TV again. They are all terrible. All kinds of issues including staying powered on. The worst TV ever. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY - I WILL buy the cheap ones at Walmart for 1/2 the price from now on, waste of money.

Reviewed May 7, 2023

Don’t buy this TV! They are junk and after 5 months mine started having white lines on the screen. They told me it could not be fixed and would be sending me a refund. Still waiting for it after 1 1/2 months. When I called the 1st time they told me the check had been already cut. I waited 2 weeks after the date they gave me and called again. Then I was told the check had not been cut yet and it would take 60 days even though they told me in an email that I would have my check between 17 and 25 days later. They lied! Still waiting and after seeing the trouble everyone else is having I probably will never get a refund! Will NEVER buy another Vizio ever!

Sales & Marketing

Reviewed April 22, 2023

For over a year, Vizio has been spamming me from the short code 65381. I have never done business with them, provided my contact information to them, or even bought any of their products before. I have REPEATEDLY told them to get lost, but they continue to spam me over a year later. This situation ensures that I will NEVER buy anything from them.

Customer ServicePriceReliability

Reviewed April 16, 2023

Price may be great but the TV won't last. My model was a V505-J01 but since I don't see that one available I'm writing a review on this one. I had this tv about 1.5 years and started seeing lines. I thought they would disappear, went through all the troubleshooting, still nothing. Then one day the lines consumed the entire screen and it turned back with a few lines of white at the top. Spoke with Vizio customer service and they offered to replace the TV, they just needed a copy of the receipt. Umm I purchased this almost 2 years ago and there's no receipt to be found. Called them back to see what else could be done only to be told my model isn't available anymore and they would have to issue a refund. Can't do that because the receipt is long gone.

I'm now stuck with a TV that will only give me sound, no picture. I purchased Vizio since I already have a 32 in and it's been perfect for at least 10 years. YouTube is filled with videos of how to fix the issue which tells me Vizio KNOWS their T-Conn boards are crap. Vizio either upgrade your T-Conn boards or offer to replace it FOR FREE regardless of warranty time because who wants to purchase a new TV every 1.5-2 years? I don't! Will not purchase this brand of smart TV again.

PriceOnline & App

Reviewed March 26, 2023

Bought a brand new enclosed box television, 30 inch class. Powers up very slowly. Processes remote commands. Example - to turn on and get YouTube tv on (login info saved) takes about 3 minutes. Our LG takes about 40 seconds and our Samsung about 30 seconds. In addition it repeatedly and randomly shuts off the app we are using and sometimes shuts itself off randomly. There is a reason it’s less expensive than others…Poor quality and poor functioning. Spend a few bucks more and buy your favorite well known brand! This is the first and last Vizio I will ever own.

Reviewed March 26, 2023

After 9 months with my m series television developed a problem. I contacted text support at Vizio and after several minutes he determined that the TV could not be repaired and advised me to put it on the side of the road. He didn't tell me with the m series televisions and another of the series there is a problem internally with the television that cannot be repaired. Vizio was aware of this problem but continues to put this m series television out on the market without advising the buyer or the seller of the problem. I would not recommend Vizio to anyone.

Reviewed March 6, 2023

Bought two 70" Vizios, same TVs at the on the same visit to Target. They worked flawlessly for about 4 months. I've tested my WI-Fi, which is good enough to run a $200 Roku TV perfectly from opposite ends of 1800 square feet layout. I can also have several phones and several people streaming on any other combination of devices/times of day, except for when it comes to these TVs. Prior reviews about remote glitching and having to unplug/replug over and over---ALL TRUE. I would add that mine will play without interruption for sometimes 2 hours, or 30 minutes, or two minutes, and at some point it will always just freeze.

I have to then hit the "home button" and wait for the operating system on the TV to go through a random sort of reboot, where it finally will recognize the apps again (after being blank for up to 20 minutes). And then you have to keep pressing home button and entering one app, then closing and trying the first app you wanted...then after all of this, it will still say "app not recognized" or some other nonsense until it finally recognizes and then starts working again. At that point I get anxiety because I don't know if after a half hour investment, the things is going to play for an hour a another minute. Good news though, you can just abandon the os on the televisions and use a Firestick, but what a joke in either case.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed March 5, 2023

Simply put, the picture quality is great for the price. Vivid, sharp, vibrant colors and my PS5 games look great on it. Bad part, navigating around the menu is very laggy. Sometimes, you're having to wait 3 seconds for a function to respond whether it's pulling up the channel guide to changing channels or accessing the home menu.

The worse part is the CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) feature which allows the TV to control any compatible HDMI device like a PS5 with just your remote. It works great for the first few tries, but after a while when turning on my PS5 I get a black screen.. It's fixed by switching to another input and switching back which is annoying and shouldn't have to be done. Vizio "claims" they "working on a fix" according to a Vizio Sub-Reddit, but that was well over a year ago which tells me Vizio is NOT taking this issue seriously. It's a shame because it is a neat feature that's convenient when working right. But I guess it's better left off and just manually switching inputs and turning on the devices separately. Vizio....do better. Shameful SMH.

Reviewed Feb. 26, 2023

I purchased a Vizio tv January 31st of last year. About 3 months ago the picture started being distorted and it got worse and worse to the point I can’t watch it!!! Do better Vizio! Over $300 down the drain. Not to mention how much I’ll have to spend to buy a new tv.

Tavo increased rating by 3 stars.
    Price
    After a positive interaction with Vizio, Tavo increased their star rating on Feb. 15, 2023.

Updated review: Feb. 15, 2023

Vizio was fine. Turned out to be combined issue of Xfinity Comcast issue, plus defective Flex Box and a bad Roku cable.

Original Review: Feb. 13, 2023

Vizio failed to effectively operate streaming device from XFinity. A tech got it to work, but it was slow to respond to remote commands. I tried resetting and then it endlessly either failed to recognize solid wifi signals and the times it does and I select a signal it fails to ever link to it. Went out and bought a Roku. Now it fails to even acknowledge an operational, and very common, device is correctly attached (by a tech no less!). Reading all Roku's notes on the subject they consistently write the issue off as probably have a poor signal and promote buying their stream device. I think they know there is an issue and honestly don't give a damn and don't care to fix it because ** if you don't buy their steaming box. I always loved the quality and price of Viso. Won't ever buy another one.

Reviewed Feb. 8, 2023

13 month old television is garbage. Called support. They tell me I have to go buy a new tv!! Great customer service huh!! Never in my life have I ever had a customer service person tell me that. I will never purchase another Vizio product in my life..

Sales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed Feb. 5, 2023

We bought our tv about 18 months ago, it now has a wonderful colorful striped display...that's it. Replaced with a Samsung, will NEVER purchase this brand again. I suggest speaking to the sales person where you are looking to purchase, they hear the worst case scenarios.

Customer ServiceReliability

Reviewed Jan. 30, 2023

The absolute worst thing to buy. The television I bought in September no longer works at all; all that is visible is a jumble of colored lines and dots. I called to try to troubleshoot, but nothing has worked to solve the issue. I called to request a replacement and was informed that I could only get a certified television rather than a new one. Why would I accept a certified TV if I just bought it?

Reviewed Jan. 12, 2023

I have owned my 60" TV for 4 years. During that time I have had technical issues consistently, having to unplug the TV, hold the power button for 10-30 seconds, reset to mfg settings - you name it I have done it. I was asked to track down my receipt, send in only to be told out of the $650 I pd they would give me $125 toward a new Vizio. 1 year warranty. Really? Why would I spend more money on a Vizio TV I have nothing but problems with?

Issues: Won't stay connected to WiFi which the other TV stays connected just fine and I work remote all day with no issues. Antenna will not hold the channels you have to keep rescanning every time you want to try to watch the news, constantly have to hard start the TV to "clear the memory", connection issues with streaming. They won't even send a repair person out to see what the issue is or do repair. Overall I used to love Vizio until I had to return the TV I had, to replace with this one I am having issues with as well. Vizio needs to stand behind their product and the quality of that product. No TV should have to be replaced in 4 years. There is only me using it.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupStaff

Reviewed Jan. 7, 2023

Mid-2020, I moved to a new home and bought four new TVs, one Vizio (V605-G3, Serial Number 08LFTRYRLW00447) and three bigger ones from TCL. While I’ve never had any issues with the TCLs, the Vizio had problems from the start. A few days after purchase, I called the support to complain about fuzzy lines/shadows/distortions on the right side of the TV screen. I was helped pretty quick with instructions how to power cycle the TV which solved the problem for a few months. The problem re-appeared every once in a while, but usually “fixed itself” after a few minutes or after another power cycle.

Sometimes, the problem was more persistent, I called customer support again and was guided through other steps, usually involving the support rep sending some signals to my TV. Including my last call on 1/6/2023, I called at least five times. This last time, the problem was very persistent and I asked the rep for a replacement TV as there was no immediate fix and this is obviously a recurring problem – and one that seems to be common with that TV, thus some kind of manufacturing defect. I was told the TV is now out of warranty and she could only recommend buying a new TV (for which she would provide me with a $100 gift card if I bought another Vizio).

The rep was only able to find records of three of my at last five calls and suggested to next time ask for a replacement earlier while the TV was still under warranty. No good deed goes unpunished: Being so trusting to accept what I can now say were only temporary fixes did not work well for me. I’m still surprised that Vizio would ask a customer to power cycle or even reset a TV in regular intervals as opposed to making TVs where that isn’t necessary.

Reviewed Jan. 2, 2023

I bought a 24" Vizio TV in 2019 and I noticed it to be very slow for at least a year. In July of 2019 I contacted them and the tech said the TV would not get updates through the wifi so they had me put updates on a flash drive and then connect the flash drive to the tv. Today I called and they said the slowness is not due to wifi speed and the TV is faulty. It's outside of the warranty and they won't help at all. I can't imagine buying a TV that lasts less than 3 years. I would steer clear from this company.