1.75/5

Vizio Reviews

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

2264 Vizio Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Along with many other reviews... I also had backlight problems that occurred only weeks after my warranty was up. What a scam. Always thought highly of Vizio until I actually purchased one. Never buying this brand again. Spend the extra money and get a Samsung, LG, or Sony. Customer support was useless and rude.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I bought this TV (VIZIO D43f-F1) at the Walmart in Charlottesville, VA. TV has no power and Walmart will not take the TV back because it's been 92 days instead of 90 days! VIZIO was suppose to call to schedule repair and never called. Terrible service.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

The Vizio Smartcast Television is less than a year old, 48 inches. Cloudy screen, black screen flashing and the only way to rid that, turn down backlight. Tried factory reset and it still didn't help. I WILL NOT BUY this brand again. Called customer support. Did the troubleshooting as well but to no avail did that help either. I highly recommend not buy this brand at all. Since a rating is required I gave them one star but in actually they really shouldn't get any at all. Don't waste your money. Until they work out the kinks or make better quality don't buy.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

It's not even 3 months I bought this Vizio tv. The sound keeps going out and I have to reboot it to make it work! The image doesn't come up sometimes and again I have to reboot it. I WANT MY MONEY BACK. I'm gonna try to return this to Costco. This is unbelievable!!!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

Bought a Vizio 65 inch TV Model#E65 4K Ultra HD in Feb 2017 from Walmart. TV worked well for 18 months then screen started failing. Now I have a screen that is 1/2 black and white and 1/2 color. Called Vizio to see what they could do to help fix, replace, or repair, could never speak to representative but they did respond to my text messages with little to no help. They treated me as if I stole the tv. They said they couldn't help because they only offer 1 year warranty. (They couldn't even offer a repair shop or solution for repair). If you want frustration coupled with lousy service then buy one. If not purchase another brand. I will never purchase another Vizio. They are junk! All that money for nothing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vizio?

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I bought a Vizio television December 2017. Not even a year and the picture's going out. The sound is going out. I called and was told that it was out of warranty so you spend all this money for a television you thinks will be great and it won't even last a year and they don't back their product up and Walmart doesn't back their product up either. My suggestion to anyone do not buy any Vizio product.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I had purchased my 60” E- Series Vizio Television 01/29/16 and as of November, 2018 my Television backlights on the top left and bottom right corner is going out. I can still see the picture and hear the sound on my television, but it looks dim in those corners. I had called Vizio Tech support and they told me to unplug the Tv and hold the power button. Then they went on to tell me that I should just get a new TV since mine's is out of warranty and it would cost more to fix it. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. Immediately I went on to file a complaint with the BBB because I seen a ton of reviews with the same issue and just knew it had to be a recall on my Television. I received a call back from some manager named Beth and she pretty much told me the same thing, but she offered to sell me one of their 70” Tvs for $600.

I couldn’t believe what I was hearing: Vizio wanted me to dish out more money to buy a discounted Television from them that would probably stop working at the two year mark. I’ve had a Sony TV for about 10 years and it still runs great. I’m more upset because I’d purchased my second Vizio TV about a year ago, and given the bad reviews with the screen failing, it might happen to my second set. When talking to the Vizio technician acted as if this was a common problem and seem like they were reading from the same script. Please beware of Vizio because their Televisions seem to fail between 1-2 year mark after the warranty expires.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I bought this TV thinking it was good, boy was I wrong! The tv is two yrs old and the sound went out. I tried everything and even bought cables to hook up for my Harmon Kardon speaker to the tv. I told my daughter what happened and she told me her Vizio TV is acting up too! She bought her tv less than two yrs ago and she is having problems with the sound and picture quality. We’re both now shopping for new bedroom TVs and tell people at the store to stay away from Vizio. We also let them know about the problems we have experienced and how we’re shopping for new TVs. I don’t care how good the price is, don’t buy a Vizio!!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

My 65" Vizio is less than 2 years old and the backlight is already failing. I should have known better to buy another Vizio when my 55" went white screen and I was told it could not be repaired. This will be the last time I buy any Vizio product.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

We bought a 55' LED TV and it didn't have the remote in the box. We did everything Vizio required of us to get the missing remote within 2 weeks. Well it is now week 6 and still no remote or response from Vizio. Really bad customer service.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

Reporting my TV's bad NIC got tech support responses, but only deflecting answers, no actual support. In the first few months of owning this TV, we saw very flakey behavior from the smart apps for Netflix, Hulu, and YouTube. Apps would freeze up or crash and drop the TV to the broadcast tuner. I tried to diagnose the issue with our ISP (Cox), Vizio tech support, and Hulu tech support. Each entity had processes for the diagnosis.

Ultimately, Cox and Hulu pretty well agreed it was a bad Network Interface Card (NIC) in the Vizio TV. My long technology career agreed with their assessment. Vizio tech support refused to agree during the warranty period. I should have taken the TV back to Costco for a refund, but the interactions between all the tech support took us beyond the 3 month return period, so I was stuck with the TV. Since then, the NIC has worsened by randomly failing to find our WIFI (the TV is within 15 feet of the router, and nothing else in our house has any internet issues). But now Vizio says since we're beyond the warranty period it is not their problem - even knowing about all the reports from the first few months. Vizio does not support their products, they only pretend to.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I purchased a 50" LED TV (LED 2160p w/4K Ultra HD) in late October of 2016. I ordered it online from Best Buy for a cost of $699 -- plus 60 bucks in taxes and fees. It was delivered a few days later in good working order. We had a myriad of issues with the TV accessing applications (Netflix, Amazon, UFC, etc.) and would experience freezes and delays. After a few months, having no recourse, we moved it into our garden room on a wooden shelf. We used it off and on, but not daily.

Yesterday morning I woke up to our CO2 alarm going off which was right next to the TV. I came out and inspected the room, not knowing the source. The room smelled like burned plastic. I finally looked at the TV and the screen looked all warped. The bottom (if you are facing the TV) left corner was burned and the plastic was melted. The screen was melted and cracked in the location as well. In essence, the screen sparked and burned, on its own. There were no power surges that night and no issues with any other device in our house. We did have an Amazon Firestick plugged into the TV, but we have the same unit plugged into our other Sony TV and have never experienced a single issue.

I wrote a long email, inclusive of pictures to Vizio customer service. I had to repeat the issue and resend all my information to them several times in a very frustrating email exchange. Then, they said that they would replace the TV and send a TV to a local store for pick up. Then, they reminded the offer, in subsequent emails asking for my CC to hold funds for a new TV if I was willing to send the TV back to them and wait 8-12 business days for an answer on the replacement. Then 4-6 additional business days for shipping. So, I would pay for the convenience of waiting a month to get a new replacement TV.

I cannot give a worse rating for these folks. I am furious. I have purchased (3) Vizio TV's, total, with this one being the most expensive. This is how they treat customers. More specifically, this is how they treat customers who had a product of theirs literally spark and melt down. Beyond being a terrible product, they sold me a fire hazard. NEVER, NEVER buy a Vizio. VIZIO 50 Class 495 Diag LED 2160p Chromecast Built-in 4K Ultra HD Home Theater Display with High Dynamic Range Black.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

The Apps for YouTube and other sites get stuck. The only way to overcome is to turn the unit off and start over. Stay away from this TV if you use the Internet a lot. In Europe smart TV have a general purpose browser that can get you to any site and play or stream any video and audio. Americans apparently are too dumb of a consumer to press for this.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Pic really great until 4 months in, now a piece of garbage. Brightness levels completely out of whack, too dark or too bright, have to adjust for almost every scene and show. Bleeding, smearing, blobs of light everywhere in the dark scenes, excruciating to watch. I know how to adjust pic settings and calibrate the colors, too, I'm familiar with all the adjustments that have to be made and tweaked.

This is the second Vizio I have bought and both terrible. First one went back 2 months after buying, now 4 months after buying e65-e1, same PQ issues, only worse. Vizio at first kept saying it was my internet. When I wouldn't accept that (because the same issues occur watching Blu-ray, and videos on my computer), they just kept repeating it wasn't my TV. They had multiple pics of the PQ issues and still absolutely refuse to acknowledge there is an issue.

How can they blame the PQ on the internet, but then say there is no PQ issue? Absolute BS. They are now asking for more pics "but make them clear and bright this time." It is unbelievable that I have to explain that the pics aren't clear and bright BECAUSE THE TV ISN'T WORKING PROPERLY. Vizio support is trained to frustrate you until you give up - they have no intention of helping you. I have NEVER had a worse customer service experience in my life. PLEASE save your money and invest in a Samsung, Sony or LG. You will be pouring your money down the drain if you buy a Vizio. Check online - millions of people are complaining about how short-lived and defective are Vizio TVs. I wish I had seen those comments before I bought this piece of crap.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

The customer service Sucks. Product Sucks. Tv had problems in under a year. They avoided any warranty by try this and try that. Then warranty ends and they want nothing to do with you. They wanna sell you another. Unbelievable. I will never buy another VIZIO ever. THIS COMPANY SUCKS!!!!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

Have a Vizio SB3821-C6 soundbar that died after 13 months - one month past warranty. Called Vizio and was offered a replacement - at about $20 less than what I paid for the original. I asked repeatedly for a little better offer, or if they could send me just a new soundbar (don't need the subwoofer or remote as they still work). Nope, and no willingness to work with me, i.e. give me a better price on a new soundbar package. I was very clear to them - work with me just a little, or I will never buy a Vizio product again. I also explained that as part of my General Contracting business I frequently spec audio and video components. I was very clear that I can no longer spec their products due to their unwillingness to support or be somewhat flexible.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

Vizio and Yahoo... What is up with you two? Vizio allows Yahoo to take over their tv sets. We have two Vizios that we have had for 4-5 years, in perfect working condition. Thanks to Yahoo we can no longer get Hulu (paid account), Pandora (paid account), IHeart Radio, Pluto... the apps the tv came loaded with when purchased. Now that Yahoo Store is Vizio's primary app store... no more Pandora, no more Hulu (some of that is Hulu too... cancelled), no more iHeart, no more Pluto. TV did update while off during the night and cannot go back to factory settings since they have been replaced by update. Now I must use Yahoo Radio, Yahoo Finance, Yahoo this or that. I no longer agree to your terms and conditions Vizio. Can I return my TV now and you replace it? Why should I have to go out and buy a firestick, Amazon Prime, Blu-ray to receive what I originally purchased those specific tv's for???

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Spent $800 on the M55-C2 and it died at a year. They replaced the motherboard, it died a little over 4 months later. Finally after much discussion they sent us another t.v and told us we have a year warranty. I asked about an extended warranty, they said they don’t have them. What happens if this one dies? "It shouldn’t," the installer said. Well folks it did 18 months later.

Their executive customer service dept Beth and Jesse are like robots repeating the same thing. Their best offer was a cheaper T.V. than what we originally bought and we have to spent $480. I sent an email to the CEO and got call back from Jesse. They hide behind warranty, because it was 6 months out of warranty. They will not replace even though it has broken down 3 times in 3 years. This problem exceeds warranty, It is a defective product and William Wang’s Billion dollar company can’t afford to fix a lemon that would cost $600. Give me a break, People that is stingy, cheap, and lousy customer service. William Wang should be ashamed of himself.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

We bought a Vizio Smart TV a year and a half ago... With a year warranty. Made numerous phone calls and emails and did everything they told us to do... Twice. So now it’s repair time and we could not find anyone to contact us back after researching all we could and calling and leaving messages. $560 dollars shot! Ended up buying a Samsung and just be done with it! We are retired and don’t have a lot of money... So now we are in debt for a flipping TV. Again. The picture would go black after having it on for an hour or less. Had to turn it off and on a million times. I plan to take a sledgehammer to it and set it out for the trash. DO NOT buy a Vizio TV. It’s too bad that America can’t make a decent TV.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

My Smart TV didn't even last 6 months. Very disappointed. I am disabled so that purchase was a lot for me. I feel like I threw money away. My TV loses volume when you switch between input and go back to regular cable. We have to unplug it to reset it or something.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

I purchased a soundbar from Vizio, and while I was fairly happy with the product, it died after only 9 months of light use - totally unacceptable considering the price. One evening it worked, the next morning it didn't turn on. I contacted support and they initially seemed decent enough. They suggested the usual tech-support tips, but when nothing worked they told me that they would send out a replacement and that I could send the defective unit back. Sounded great to me! Except they were lying.

I spent the next THREE MONTHS emailing back and forth. Each time I would inquire about the replacement, they would reassure me that they would be "more than happy" to do that for me. Nothing ever proceeded, and nothing showed up at my door. I sent countless emails asking about the status, and they replied each time with the same thing. After this went on for three months I get a different response email. Went something like "we're sorry but unfortunately you're out of the 1-year limited warranty window and we're unable to assist you with a replacement." That was the last I heard from them. Absolutely shameful behavior. They stone-walled me for three months until the 1-year warranty ran out. I urge others to steer clear of this brand unless you're absolutely confident in the product.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

Long story short, I went through 3 sounds bars in less than a year all with the same problem and finally gave up. I was told I could not get a refund. They would only do a repair or replace. After 3 of them I was done. I just wanted my money back. Vizio refused. I went out and bought a different brand and no problems. You would think a big company could afford to return less that $100. Apparently not. And it was still under warranty. Stay away from Vizio if you want to avoid problems.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

Tv was fine for a year and a half. Now it constantly reboots and shows various weird screens. Vizio has lots of canned messages to send you but no real help. $1600 is a lot of money for a piece of trash. Buy Vizio at your own risk. Fortunately all my Samsung still work.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I have purchased 2 separate Vizio televisions. Model numbers E500I-B1 & E50x-E1. The E500I-E1 started powering itself off and not turning back on within months of purchase. I would have to unplug it for hours at a time and it would only stay on for under an hour before repeating the same issue. After just over a year it powered itself off and never turned back on. To replace that television I got the E50xE1. Against my better judgement I gave Vizio a second chance. Huge mistake! I have had the tv for 8 months and it now has a grey screen, no picture, no audio. None of the buttons on the tv or remote work aside from it powering off & on.

I called Vizio and they refuse to help me stating the tv is out of warranty (which they say is one year) when I’ve had the tv less than one year. I will absolutely never purchase another Vizio product! After googling troubleshooting options I found that many people have had these same issues. Constant manufacturer defects. They are selling TVs that last a year if you’re lucky. I want to stop other people from being scammed by this awful company. One bad tv could be a fluke. Two in a row is a pattern. Look up reviews on Google and you’ll see how bad they really are.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I bought a 50" TV for $500. It went out 4 days after the 1 year warranty was up. I contacted them. They got the case number messed up. Needless to say after wasting my time for 2 months they denied a replacement. I have the same TV but smaller in my bed room. It's a 43" TV and it's starting to mess up. I will NEVER buy Vizio brand again and I will make sure to tell my friends and family the same. We work hard for our money to spend it on a tv that only lasts a year. I've had TVs last for 10 years before. Vizio is a horrible brand in my book.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I bought the Vizio E50E3 only to learn that it was only a screen with apps. This Vizio doesn't have a tuner and they advertise it as a TV. I ended up having to buy a tuner cause it doesn't work with just an antenna. Now it the LED backlight don't work. Best Buy also did a bad job of informing their customers online. I'm so beyond disappointed. I'm a mother and a New Yorker. I can't afford to buy a TV every year. Then I can't fix it. Vizio doesn't offer parts or TV repairs. They ask for you to get a new TV. There should be a class action for this.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I have had nothing but problems from day one when I was given this Vizio TV as a replacement for a superior Toshiba. First off, Vizio TVs won’t work unless you download their useless app and set it up using your home WiFi connection (this way, you’ve now taken up space on your phone or tablet with their TERRIBLE app, and if your WiFi signal isn’t working - you have a totally unwatchable set). So it took a couple of hours to set up initially, which I hadn’t bargained for. They want your name, email, location, etc. all sorts of information a TV shouldn’t NEED to work.

After I finally got it set up, I thought that was it and we could finally just enjoy our TV. I was so wrong. I have had to reset the whole system at least 15 times since then (I haven’t even had this TV a year yet) re-download the app, re-set the TV, re-share all of my account information... today while watching a game, the picture froze, I assumed it was my cable. Of course it was the TV - my cable is fine. I now have a broken Vizio TV - one that I just messed with for over 2 hours. Buyers BEWARE! Vizio is the absolute worst TV I’ve ever owned - and the app they make you use is completely worthless. Buy anything but Vizio!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

Bought the Vizio 42 Inch Smart TV. Started out fine but exactly 1 Year and 1 month, the screen looked as if someone had pulled white blinds across. Called Vizio and asked what could I do and was told it would cost more to repair than buy a new TV. This is my FIRST AND LAST VIZIO PRODUCT.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Have this TV for less thank you a year. Started having picture problem after 11 months. Called customer service, representative tried to reset by having me unplug TV and hold the power button for ten seconds. Then plugged back in still having same problem. Told I would have to send pictures of TV showing what was wrong, also copy of receipt where and when it was bought. Received call from someone who spoke broken English only to be informed it was not covered by manufacturer’s warranty. How can you determine it is not covered by warranty without tech coming out to check it. Will never buy or recommend this product to anyone unless you want a TV for only a year or less.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

I purchased a VIZIO Model D48-D0 in April of 2017. The went completely gray on me one day that following September. I called customer service in October, we were on the phone for almost an hour trying to run thru troubleshooting. Nothing worked, the TV was under the one year warranty so they sent out a replacement TV. The replacement was a refurbished TV that was supposedly working fine. It worked fine for a few months but then in March of 2018, the smart TV features stopped working. Then about a month later my cable box and fire stick would not work.

After speaking with VIZIO they instructed me to deal with my cable provider who was centrally came out and proved that there was nothing wrong with the cable box, there was an issue with the TV. At this point it is June 2018 when I call VIZIO again and they tell me that the TV is out of the one year or warranty range. Which is one year from the original purchase, not one year from when they provided me the replacement TV. Needless to say, I am simply out of luck at this point and nothing can be done. So I had 2 VIZIO HD Smart TV’s that didn’t make it 14 months collectively. I will never purchase another VIZIO TV again. I highly advise to spend your money on another brand that might last you more than a year.

Vizio Company Information

2002
39 Tesla
Irvine
www.vizio.com
Your special offer awaits

Looking to save time and money? Join our community today! Community members receive important consumer news alerts and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands they love. Ready to join?

Sign up now with your email address!

Join our community to recieve important consumer news and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands you love.