Vizio

Vizio Reviews

3.8/5 (523 ratings)

About Vizio Reviews

Vizio Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vizio?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vizio?

Original review: April 21, 2022

I just bought the TV. Did not noticed it cannot be unplugged from the TV itself. One has to unplug from the wall. It is located in my book shelf (8 feet tall full of books) I had to remove everything out to plug it on the wall, and put back all the books. After one month, it won't come on, told to unplug to reboot. Turned the TV around to unplug and realized I would have to remove all the books turn the furniture to the side, and so on. It is not a keeper. My Samsung needs to the unplugged too (I guess all of them need it now). I am 72 years old, even if one has to go down on their knees all the time to reboot, unplug and plug in, it is a joke. I am done with TV's, there is nothing to watch anyhow. Buy books!

Original review: April 21, 2022

I am constantly having to unplug the tv and plug it back in because it freezes. The remote doesn’t work most of the time. In particular, after watching satellite tv, I can’t get it to do anything and have to unplug it to turn it off. I can’t even turn it off from the switch on the tv itself. Vizio support tells me there is a bug in their remotes? The tv hutch is permanently away from my wall now so I can reach the plug. It’s been a very disappointing experience and I’m out $1000 for purchasing this brand. Will never buy Vizio again.

Original review: April 18, 2022

I hate this tv and remote! I have a Vizio 24 inch and this tv lags so bad! I can't stand the remote to this tv, half the time the buttons don't work. I can't turn it down, pause it, do anything! It's so annoying!!! I don't know if it's the tv or these cheap ** remotes. Don't buy this product. I also have a 50 inch Vizio in my bedroom and it does the same freaking thing!

Original review: April 4, 2022

After reading everyone else's reviews I feel almost lucky but yeah this tv is bogus all the same. Mostly, it's the interface. I press a directional button on the remote to go into an app. There is a solid 3-5 second delay. So long I think maybe the batteries are dead. Press some more. Then 15 seconds later it catches up and now you've moved 18 apps over instead of the 3 you intended. Repeat like 5 more times. It's bananas. My internet is solid. It also just randomly goes black. It looks like it's off. Until you get up close to it. It's emitting a solid black picture. The remote won't work. Nothing will work. You have to unplug it and wait another half hour for a reboot and the remote to work (on a 15 second delay) and finally you'll return to that clunky dinosaur they may call SmartCast. Very oxymoronic.

I'd be more mad but my dad bought this tv for himself without consulting me or the interwebs like a good consumer. The box showed up and I proclaimed "WHAT IS THIS?!?" I said it would be too cumbersome for him to use 'cause it wasn't ROKU and I wasn't gonna be fielding calls spending hours of my life troubleshooting that piece of junk. The compromise I was gifted this junk to primarily game on. (If you're just going to game on it, it might pass muster) and he got an LG that I agreed to setup and field his troubleshooting calls on. I don't have to field ANY calls about it. Wait I had to relog him into youtube or something once.

If he had kept this tv...totes it would have negatively impacted my life and been a stress I had to deal with on a weekly/biweekly basis. A company that makes stuff on the cheap; targeting an economically depressed demographic (which is pretty large) knowing all the while that their products are shoddy and extremely difficult to use...that corporation or conglomerate or whatever the undefinable organization of profit is called...all those people are really lame.

Original review: March 26, 2022

I bought a tv from Walmart Vizio. Omg. This tv works when it gets ready, stops in the middle of the movie. I have excellent service but this thing skips around like it 1999. My last time I buy a Vizio tv. Picture good when it shows but never plays. I look at my phone instead of tv cause it never plays

Original review: March 20, 2022

The setup was pretty easy. Problems from the start. First while watching a TV on Sling it would go to commercial, play 8 commercials in a row then go blank.. Okay..I would have to reboot the TV. Then while trying to switch to Netflix I would get an error message saying restart the TV. At first I thought it was my wi-fi or internet connection. I spent all day Saturday messing with it. Finally after 5 days of this bull I just gave up and bought a Samsung.

Original review: March 12, 2022

I've been a Vizio customer for many years. I have their products in all my rooms in my home & have been pleased until recently. I purchased a 70 inch TV at Walmart on Black Friday. Turned down the high priced ext warranty. I took down my old Vizio & hung up the nice new one. Pleased for a little over two months. Then an 8 inch wide black stripe popped up going from top to bottom on the right side. Contacted Walmart Store & was told to box it up & bring it back. Did so but Walmart said I was misinformed & it was passed their 30 day return so I should call Vizio. I took it back home & called Vizio & the person did the troubleshooting things & determined my TV was bad. I got an email saying they would send me a new one to swap out.

Days later I get a call from a smart mouth guy from Vizio who said I broke the TV. I said how, it's hanging on my wall 5 foot off the ground. He said the pictures I sent them lets them know I damaged the TV & I they couldn't warranty it. I'm out over $800 plus all the miles driven. Walmart & Vizio just lost me as a customer. All the money they have made off me & my friends & family is now over!! I'm the "go to" guy they call when it's looking for electronics & they listen to my recommendations. HERE MY RECOMMENDATION TO EVERYONE, DO NOT BUY FROM VIZIO OR WALMART!! They do not stand behind their sales or products. I wasn't going to leave a review until I read others across the country have had the same or similar problem but yet I broke my TV. Vizio sold us & others a defective TV & they refuse to honor their warranty!!

Original review: March 7, 2022

Do not buy a Vizio TV. I purchased a 70 inch smart screen 8 months ago, I could not access all the apps. I kept getting an error message, I contacted support at least 15 times and kept getting told that they would escalate the problem to a higher level of technicians, no technicians ever contacted me but then 3 months later they brought me out another TV and exchanged it because they said the problem was the other TV had old parts and hardware, the TV that they exchanged it with was even worse, I cannot connect it to my receiver which the TV plays through, it drops contact with my remote control so I cannot control the volume, it drops contact with my Alexa, and again I have made numerous more complaints with their support but no one will contact me and they will not resolve the problem, I have to reboot the TV 15 times a day just to be able to get volume on the TV! This TV is a piece of crap! Don't waste your money.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2022

I bought two Vizio TV's a 65" and 40". Both terrible. They switch off unexpectedly. Got technicians involved since Vizio support said that the problem was my had to do my receiver. Complete lie. Did a forum search and apparently these TVs do not manage a "signal handle" or something like that and have been known to have this problem for years! Sometimes it would go off 3 and 4 times in a two hour viewing session. Unconscionable that they get to market. Stay away from them. Bought a Samsung equivalent model with same receiver. Heaven! If you buy a Vizio Tv you are in for a nightmare.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2022

Nice flat-screen full 1080-P & smart capabilities. No need for antenna or firestick. TV is super light & thin. I was able to mount it myself with no assistance. Was able to take advantage of Best Buy Price Match Guarantee in making the purchase. Good but not excellent picture quality. Price was lowest you can get outside Black Friday/X-Mas season.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2022

I purchased a Vizio Smart TV about a month ago. I have had so many issues with this TV. The Apps do not run smoothly (and I have good internet with Verizon) and casting your device is always problematic. Do not buy!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

We used to love Vizio products until we purchased a TV in October. It was used in October for a week and not touched again until the first week of December. When we turned it on the entire corner of the TV screen looked like it was cracked. (Wasn't cracked on the exterior and TV was never moved or touched after we set it up). It was too late to return to the dealer we purchased it from and they advised us to go thru Vizio as the TV had a one year warranty. What a scam. They "diagnosed" the TV thru a picture we sent on our phone. They said it was caused by the TV being moved. I can promise you we never touched it and advised the warranty dept. They then advised that it may have occurred during the shipping of the TV but it didn't show up until now.

It's not about the amount of the TV - we purchased a new one in the meantime, which sadly we purchased another Vizio. If you produce a product that was obviously defective you should stand behind your product. We will NEVER purchase another product of Vizio. We have several of their TV's in our home and I can promise you when they go out it will be another company that we will use.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2021

I've had several Vizio tv's over the years. These are cheaply made with a short life span. They always develop some kind of hardware issue as soon as their warranty comes to an end. My 50inch vizio tv in the living room developed a single vertical red line almost in the center of the screen. It is due to a hardware issue and would cost more than the TV is worth to fix. My other vizio tv, a 28inch, developed a very bright area of the screen while the rest of the screen was normally lit. In short stay away, they lure you in with a decent price, but then leave you holding a lemon.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

We purchased a Vizio PX65-G1 in March 2020. We started noticing issues about 6 months later with the overall display (rolling static lines running along the picture consistently). We called Vizio support, sent pictures of the display issues and they resolved the issue with no problem. They sent a couple people out who uninstalled the broken TV from the wall and replaced it with another Vizio PX65-G1. This replacement took place in April 2021.

As of May 2021 the “new” TV started having even more significant display issues. This time the TV display will only show thick white lines running vertically across the TV, you cannot even see a picture or different screen. We called Vizio and emailed multiples about this, tried all of their trouble shooting, sent them videos, and none of that worked. They have refused to do anything to remedy the situation saying that we are out of the 1yr warranty. The problem is the 1yr warranty was for the first TV which broke. The second TV they brought as a replacement broke in less than 1 month and should also be under a 1yr manufacturer's warranty. They are continuing to say they will not replace the TV which is the resolution that we want. Having two TVs break in under a year from Vizio….with no resolution….is not acceptable when the original purchase price was over $1,000.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2021

We have a 42" Vizio Smartcast tv. I HATE it. Sure, the sound is good & picture quality is great but other than that, it's a piece of garbage. In fact, it just shut off on its own while typing this. It will throw me out of the regular cable channels & load the "home" screen. It is very irritating when you are trying to watch something. Other times it won't shut off at all. I am constantly unplugging it to reset it. I will NEVER buy another Vizio tv.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2021

December 2021 Bought this TV with the understanding it had a channel guide. Talked to customer service and after 45 minutes on the phone, they realized the new ones do not have an onscreen channel guide that lets you know what's on hour by hour ahead of time, only just what's on now. It shows in the manual online it has one but it does not. I did not get a manual with the new tv when it was sent.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

Our company bought 3 Vizio Tv's for our Office, reception, & Break Rm. After 13-15 months they all went dark, unfortunately it's a very common issue. Do some research before buying them. They're cheap, but not Worth it : (

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

The TV showing the movie then the commercial starts Hawking in the movie. There's a glitch in the TV. In this the second CD that I bought from Sam's Club they had the same problem and it fade it out and that's a problem because they give me so many with the extra insurance that I bought on the TV. Took three months for me to get another TV and then I'll buy another TV and it has a glenton at too.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

We bought a 70" Vizio last Black Friday (not even a year ago) and they have replaced it twice, which was nice of them, but between weird random lines on the screen to it randomly going to the smart cast setting while you are watching it, we couldn't change the volume until it warmed up and now the one we have if you don't turn it on for a day you have to unplug it when you go to watch it cause it's like it's muted. These tvs have been garbage. And their reasoning is that they have to be hooked to the internet cause they need to update, and last time I checked not everyone has that ability nor do they want to.

Volume is volume and over many years we have never needed that with a tv smart or not! This time when I chatted with someone while I was talking to them said I was quiet for too long (which I wasn't) and they were disconnecting. Now not only are we terribly disappointed with their tvs now customer service. What was once a great company is now garbage!!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

This is the first time in my life I’ve ever purchased a television that had problems. My Vizio OLED 55-H1 will not power on! The light will indicate the power is on however there’s no pictures. I cannot switch the inputs either. I have to constantly unplug my television to do a soft reset. This is unacceptable. This happen day one and I thought it was a glitch and I did not want to deal with the hassle of a return and now I regret. I cannot recommend any Vizio products.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

There is a reason why there are tons of ‘how to videos' showing how to get the sound to work if your Vizio’s sound stopped working. No wonder… one month after buying it and I have to unplug it from the wall almost every time we want to watch tv. Never again.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

Vizio is another big company, that takes advantage of hard working people, I bought a 65 in. Quantum t.v (smart), I have had it for 1yr. And 4 months, and now it has a black cloud over the entire screen, called customer service and they explained that they would give me a 20 percent discount on another t.v. Nevermind that my t.v. is just over a year old, I ask could I speak to someone else and was told there is no one else. I'm sick giving my money to big industries that doesn't give a crap about you. So they get to enjoy my money for a little over a year of their trashy tvs.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

I purchased a Vizio TV in 2/2021. The tv worked until a software update was done in early June. Since the update, I have had ongoing problems with the audio and video not syncing properly. I contacted Vizio in early June and went through the troubleshooting procedures with them. After a few more calls, I was told a software update would be released that would fix the problem (this was in late June, early July). I have called several more times (7/21/2021, 8/5/2021, 8/20/2021, 8/30/2021) and each time was assured that Vizio was aware of the problem and they were working on it.

When I spoke to Louise on 8/20/2021, I was told the software update was due to be released in about three days. On 8/30/2021 I left her a voicemail message stating that no software update had been issued and my tv still does not work. In July I requested a refund and was told Vizio does not issue refunds and in the rare times they do it would take weeks (although Vizio asked for a copy of my receipt, which I provided).

I filed a complaint with the BBB on 8/31/2021 and someone called me on 9/6/2021 to follow up. I was told an update was scheduled to be released within a few days. The update was done on 9/15/2021 and so far the TV seems to be working. In the meantime, on 9/16/2021 Vizio responded on the BBB website that they tried to reach me, but could not and since I could not be reached, they closed the case.

I did have two phone calls from the same phone number that I was not able to answer (one on 9/15 and one on 9/16). The phone number did not include the name of a person or company and the caller did not leave a voicemail message. It could have been Vizio, but I have no way of knowing. Bottom line, 3.5 months is a long time to wait for a company to fix a software problem, and despite them telling me how good their customer service is, their customer service leaves a lot to be desired. I would not recommend anyone buy a Vizio TV and I do not plan to buy another one in the future.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

I bought this tv less than a year ago. I barely watch it cause I work all the time. Noticed problems with apps not long after I watched it a few times. I've called numerous times throughout the months. Been given the blow off. I have 3 different supervisors numbers. No one returns my calls when I left voicemail to them. Finally on the 3rd supervisor she told me someone would contact me to repair tv within a week. Almost 2 weeks later I call supervisors all voicemail. Which doubtfully will receive return call. So called tech support to be told the parts or being ordered when no one has even came to see the problem with my tv. I would never recommend getting a Vizio tv again. Even when you have problems with tv from the beginning. They just feed you a line of crap. And never get back with you. I just looked up purchase history on Walmart app and it says it's a refurbished TV yet I bought it as new. Jerry **

Original review: Sept. 12, 2021

I have had my Vizio TV for only two years and the screen on the top left started to get dark, I contacted tech support and they informed me that the TV only has a one year warranty. Bone disposable televisions. I emphasize the guarantee offered by PIXEL TO PIXEL, which is misleading advertising, for how much my television has image defects. I bought it very excited and so far without problems, but the quality leaves much to be desired. I do not recommend it even if it is at a good price or if you are looking for tv only for one or two years it is fine. Very bad.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2021

Purchased a 65” Vizio from Best Buy. I specifically avoided purchasing from Walmart because I know the quality—or lack of—they sell. The audio is terrible. I quit turning it up at about 50 and decided to buy a sound bar. The date/time lags. The picture goes blank enough times to call it more often than not. I have to reboot the tv just as often. Bottom line: A terrible television even for the price. Do not waste your money. Add a couple of hundred and purchase a quality brand—Samsung, LG, Toshiba, etc. Vizio is junk.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

Our Samsung TV stopped turning on (less than 1 year of use) so we decided to get a different brand tv. I went with a Vizio Smart tv. After getting home and setting everything up I realized that we are unable to add apps. So I can't get Sling or most of the other apps we are used to using. Sure they have the really popular ones like Disney Plus and Amazon, but what about Sling? Those of us using smart TVs typically don't have cable so we need to have more options for tv apps. I'm returning this and getting a different brand that actually has options where I don't have to connect my phone and use smart casting in order to watch tv. If I wanted to do that I would just use my phone, not spend $800 on a TV that has no options.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

I purchased a Vizio TV (M-Series Quantum 65"4K HDR SmartTV: M65Q7-H1) in December, 2020 from Best Buy, together with a 2-year protection plan from the Geek Squad. Since then I’ve had number of problems including WiFI error messages (“not connected to the internet”), freezing of the TV screen when trying to load an app, sound/video out of sync. Broad horizontal banding (green, red) appears intermittently on the screen that “floats” up the screen.

The Geek Squad have been out numerous times over the last six months, but failed to repair the TV despite replacing many parts and performing many software updates. They contacted Vizio who say they will replace it with a refurbished TV. My problem is that I didn’t ask for a replacement and I certainly don’t want a refurb. I’d like my money returned since I bought a manifestly lemon TV. Vizio say they are following their warranty procedures. Credit to the Geek Squad for working tirelessly. Given my experience, I recommend that anyone buying a TV should look at other brands. Vizio might be budget choice, but they don’t offer a reliable quality product, and they don’t provide service procedures that are actually helpful. Don’t buy a Vizio.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

Brought in 2020. 1 year and 1 month after the factory warranty expired all the apps stop working. I called Vizio and they couldn't help and now the TV won't turn off with remote and volume don't work. SMH.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

I have had a few of these tvs. The only issue is the sound. The voices are low although when the commercials comes on it is extremely louder. Overall it is a great television to purchase. I will be getting a new one with a sound bar.

Vizio Company Information