Vizio

Quit paying for costly home repairs

Vizio Reviews

Quit paying for costly home repairs

2397 Vizio Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 19, 2019

Purchased a TV last year strictly for my fantasy draft and initially had my eye on a different brand but Target did not have that model in stock and recommended a Vizio 65". Since I need it for that weekend I went with that. TV performed well for the draft, setup was easy. We noticed a small white strip of light at the top edge of the TV right below frame. A couple days later I was running on my treadmill in the basement and noticed it again so I looked closer. Essentially the frame was slightly raised and the screen not properly "popped in" at that spot, hence the white light and running finger over screen. There was also some bulging. That was essentially the last time the TV was used. We maybe used it for 10-20 hours.

This year we found the TV to not be working with essentially cracks all over the picture. Upon examination we found the screen had popped in place at that specific spot. I am guessing the temperatures here in Iowa may have placed some part in it but I guess I'm no scientist... When I contacted Vizio the support immediately shut me down, stating that is physical damage. When I tried to explain the situation they were unwilling to listen to see pictures and simply told me that only outside forces could lead to a screen crack essentially calling me a list, so I was left not only with a broken TV by no fault of our own, but upon seeking resolution with some very sad interactions.

I generally have more important things to do than to write reviews but I admittedly am sensitive when my integrity is being questioned in such a way. So to potential buyers I'd just say, "Be aware. The product seems fine, but if you have issues you're probably on your own." And to Vizio, "If you don't want to be accountable for your own product, so be it, hopefully over time the market will correct all that, but in the meantime at the very least treat people like people."

Original review: July 15, 2019

We purchased this item from Sam's Club. It worked for 1 day, and the picture went out - sound only. Upon contacting Vizio Customer Service, we were told that it would be repaired in 5-8 business days, which was ridiculous. It has now been over a month, and we are still waiting for repair. I contacted a CSR via chat this morning, and he lied to me, saying that they have been trying to call. There are no phone calls, missed or otherwise, on phone's registry for those days. Avoid this brand at all costs. Not worth the price.

Original review: July 13, 2019

If the screen or anything does not go right with it they will tell you to buy a new one. You cannot get a replacement screen. They make them but will not sell it to you. They will give you a runaround. If you have kids do not buy this set ever. You will not get a replacement screen. The internet is full of people looking to buy a replacement. If the screen cracks it trash even if the other part work. This is not good for earth making landfill garbage full of Vizio TVs.

Original review: July 10, 2019

This product is awful. I purchased a Vizio Smart TV 2-3 yrs ago. (Notice I said Smart TV.) Well here is the problem I have. I use to be able to watch Hulu on my Smart TV, is what I purchased the tv for, well today I was told that my Smart TV no longer support the Hulu app. WTH! Why I asked and was told the platform change and that my TV is no longer compatible, I have to go buy a Firestick or Roku. My question was why do I need to buy a device to make a smart TV a smart tv, this do not make any sense at all. And I said if I knew this I would I just purchased a regular old TV and a Firestick or Roku. This is the only tv that have this issue SO DO NOT BUY IT. Not worth it at all.

Original review: July 7, 2019

We purchased a 65" inch Smart TV in November 2017. There is a dark area on the left side of the screen. Called Vizio support. They said because it's out of warranty there is nothing they could do. And it's not cost effective to fix the tv. DO NOT BUY ANY VIZIO PRODUCT EVER!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vizio?

Original review: July 7, 2019

I recently purchased a new 55" M Series Smart TV in the last month. Image is blurred/distorted especially when the scene is set in a dim or dark street setting. Based on pictures and images provided to VIZIO, the issue appears to be with one of the processors. As a result of not being able to provide a receipt (proof of purchase), they want to send me a refurbished unit as a replacement when I bought a brand new TV. Terrible policy and poor customer service. After researching VIZIO, I realized the processor is a frequent and major concern with this brand. I would never buy or recommend this brand to anyone.

Original review: July 7, 2019

We bought a $900 60" 4K smart TV. 6 months in, it had a light streak in it. Under warranty they replaced the tv. One year later and one month out of warranty the panel went causing dark spots. After getting to the highest person possible, they admitted the issue with that model, but I got an apology and basically you're out of luck. Way to back your products and customers. I'm Just disgusted with the entire company and their we can't do anything attitude. I'm out $900 and I'll never buy another Vizio product again. It's not worth the money or aggravation.

Original review: July 3, 2019

This TV is very user-friendly and guides you how to set up. Easy to follow instructions. It has a brightness and great picture. Clarity is very important in the tv. I would only buy this brand. Even if other brands are on sale, the quality of this brand is excellent.

Original review: July 1, 2019

I bought a Vizio TV about three months ago. It won’t get certain channels or Netflix or Hulu anymore. It goes black for no reason. I am a senior citizen with a limited income and I can’t afford to replace my TV. I’m so discouraged. What’s a person to do?

Original review: June 26, 2019

I received the Vizio D65-E0 television as a gift from the company I work for in July of 2018 (bought from Wal-Mart). The TV was purchased in May of 2018, but not opened until it was in my possession in July. Last week (June of 2019), the TV quit working. When I turn it on, the screen shows the Vizio logo for 15-20 seconds, turns off for 5 seconds, then turns back on with the Vizio logo and keeps repeating that process until I physically unplug the TV. The buttons on the remote won’t do anything, nor will the buttons on the TV. It has to be physically unplugged in order to completely shut the TV off. I first got in contact with Wal-Mart, and with no surprise, they directed me to Vizio because there was “nothing they could do”.

So I then called Vizio and spoke with their customer service department. They ran me through the “troubleshooting” processes, which I had already gone through after researching online (unplug the TV, hold the power button for 30 seconds, etc.). That didn’t work. So, the Vizio rep asked me the date of purchase, which I provided honestly as May of 2108, then explained that this was a gift and I didn’t physically receive the TV until July of 2018. That didn’t seem to matter to them. They said, and I quote, “we carry a 1-year warranty from date of purchase. We can’t help you.” As you can imagine, this was very unsettling (to say the least). I did not have the option to purchase an extended warranty on this particular TV since it was given to me as a gift.

I then went online to Vizio’s website and chatted with an online rep. After the same exact process I went through with them on the phone, the agent's response to me was “you can take it to a repair shop” (and obviously they weren’t going to cover that cost). They were completely unwilling to work with me, and telling me “you can take it to a repair shop” came across as they didn’t care one bit about customer loyalty. Very disappointing. Now if I had the TV for 2, 3, 4 years, I would understand, things happen. But that’s not the case! I’ve had the TV in my possession for 11 months! Shouldn’t Vizio be making products that actually last for more than 1 year??? After this experience, I will NEVER buy a Vizio TV again, nor will I purchase any electronics from Wal-Mart. Please take this into consideration when shopping for a television. Go with ANY other brand than Vizio, and buy from somewhere other than Wal-Mart!

Vizio Company Information