2.40/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Emerson TVs

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Aug. 29, 2017

788 Emerson TVs Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

I purchased a 55 inch Emerson tv around for Christmas. We had it a little less than 4 months and then it just went out. It makes a buzzing sound when you plug it in but will not turn on. I looked online to troubleshoot and see what the issue could be. It turns out that I am not the only one this has happened to. It seems to be a common problem with these Emerson TVs purchased around the same time. I would not recommend at all. I have the tv sitting in the back room until I can figure out how to get the money to have it fixed or if it will be better just to throw it away. Not happy at all.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

My son purchased this TV (EMERSON 50") December 2015 from WalMart. It was my Christmas present, thank God he purchased an extended warranty. Within the first six months of the having it, it went out. Serviceman fixed the set and then of course, it broke again. Serviceman comes in, takes set, fixes it. Again July 2017 TV breaks again. No picture or sound again. I call for service, I was sent a box to pack it up and send it out.

Apparently when the service center received set it was shattered and sent back to me. When I packed TV it was fine. When they received it was shattered and no one emailed me, or called me. I just received a TV back shattered and of course, it's not their fault. This piece of crap should not have been on the market to begin with. No one wants to own up to it WalMart, Emerson or the warranty center. I recommend that if you are looking for a TV please DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM EMERSON! The service sucks and so does the product!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: July 1, 2017

Why try to contact Emerson directly to help with tv and they give you the runaround and asking for a receipt that you no longer have. I purchased the tv Black Friday 2016 and now they say it's nothing they can do about it even though the tv is not even a year old. I was on the phone with them for a long time and when asked to speak to a supervisor was told they was going to say the same thing that she was stated to me. I will never purchased an Emerson tv again. I don't care what deal is going on. I hope they learn to stand behind their products.Why let someone keep at that was on turn itself off and start sizzle with a sound.

Original review: June 18, 2017

Bought my TV about 2 years ago and today June 18th 2017 it decided it wanted to die. I have sound but no picture and of course my warranty is up now so there is not much that I can do. It will be cheaper just to buy a new TV versus trying to have it repaired. Never again will I buy a Emerson TV. I don't give a ** how cheap it is on Black Friday.

Original review: June 16, 2017

I have two TV Emerson, 155 in, 132 in. Neither one of them work within months of purchase. These were gifts. One to my son. One was to me. They've been collecting dust. Someone told me to contact manufacturer or the maker and they would fix it at their cost whether that meant someone a technician come out and look at it or didn't send you shipping information paid for to send it in to be fixed and shipped back either way. These TVs need to be fixed. I have not wrote a bad review on your brand. I want to give you the chance to honor your warranty, stand on your word and correct this issue. Thank you for your time. You have a blessed day.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Emerson?

Original review: June 2, 2017

The picture quality is on a par with far more expensive televisions but improvements could be made on their network of repair facilities, to be able to diagnose and fix in the home.

Original review: May 26, 2017

I bought and have had my Emerson TV for over 5 years. It was at a great price and the screen size is what I was looking for. It still has great picture quality and color. In my opinion Emerson gets a high 5 for performance color and quality. I will always stay with the brand because it has proven to be a number 1 in my opinion of TVs.

Original review: May 24, 2017

I have begged my husband for years to buy me a big screen TV to watch football. He finally gives in and for Christmas he buys me an Emerson 55" TV. What a mistake, I have only had it for one year and five months and it will not turn on at all! I am so disappointed in this. He will never buy me another one! Don't waste your money on products from this company! I can assure you this is not a fake post. I am pissed! Maybe someday there will be a company that is willing to stand behind their product! If anyone is aware of one please let me know.

Original review: May 21, 2017

Emerson produces a good TV with little to no problems. Do not move the TV around or find out screen will distort. Take extra care and it will last you approx 5 years. Great value for the price. 55 inch TV with great picture for 400.00. Other brands have better picture but are 4 to 5 times more expensive.

Original review: May 20, 2017

I believe Emerson offers an awesome product especially for the low price! Bought this television on sale 2 years ago at Christmas time from Walmart and it has been working beautifully ever since!

Original review: May 19, 2017

The television performs well. Nice picture quality, clear audio as well. The overall look of the TV is just basic. But it's not unattractive either. Overall, I am pleased with this television. I would purchase it again.

Original review: May 18, 2017

Our 47-inch flat screen by Emerson has been one of the easiest devices to set up and use. It has been one of the best purchases I have made in a long time.

Original review: April 15, 2017

Television suddenly does not work. Spent 3 hours with different personnel, only suggesting that I get this pile of junk repaired. Warranty expires within a year and this is where they hoard their money. Television goes out shortly. This company is on par with Sharp. No matter how cheap is sells, it is not worth it. It is insulting to have personnel respond by email telling me what I already know: that this product does not work and (my words) is a piece of junk. Beware.

Original review: March 26, 2017

Ok so I buy a TV on Black Friday 2014 for my daughter. It supposed to come with a 1 yr warranty with Emerson. So I get the 2 yrs extended warranty so I thought... so it's been 2 yrs 4 months. The TV hasn't been being used because my daughter was still living with me and it was supposed to be for her new house and I already have TV in all my rooms in my house. So my daughter moves out 1 week ago. Hooks up TV and it just shuts right back off. I find my receipt. Call Emerson. They say their warranty is only good for a year so I called Walmart and they say their warranty will cover it to call their warranty dept so I call and start giving them the info from my receipt and come to find out the lady at the register puts the warranty on a mop not the TV.

So I go to Walmart to talk to manager and they tell me too bad there is nothing they can do... why would anyone get a warranty on a mop after a year ago mop is disgusting and should go in trash. Anyways so now I have a TV that's been used maybe a month or TV and won't turn on. Never buy a TV from Walmart or buy the warranty because they have found a way to screw people over once again. And never by Emerson. Apparently they only make their TV to last 2 yrs so you have to go buy a new one. Best Buy will now get my business for all electronics. At least everything I have bought from them has last 5 plus years.

Original review: March 13, 2017

This is a great brand of TV that has been around for years. I trust the brand itself and I have owned several Emerson products. They are well priced and last for years. The picture is excellent, easy to work and adjust colors for movies and shows. The only thing I would change is to make the edge surrounding the screen flush with the screen. That would make it easier for cleaning and make the screen look bigger.

Original review: March 5, 2017

I really love my tv. It's a 32" so it sits on a dresser perfect while I relax in my bed. Also, the picture and volume are great. I love that I can stream onto it with my chromecast. I have my sound bar and Wii connected to it. I've never had a problem with it and to me it's great and the price was a deal.

Original review: March 4, 2017

I purchased an Emerson flat screen television LF391EM4A in 2014. It replaced a decades old Mitsubishi tv. The Emerson didn't even last 3 years and was not used heavily or abused. From reading the multiple negative reviews of this brand I see it was a mistake to buy it in the first place. It would be nice if retailers went with quality over price in selecting their merchandise.

Original review: March 3, 2017

The Emerson TV was purchased because the maximum screen that would fit in my home entertainment center was 37". This set has 1080p and the picture quality is a good as Sony, LG, and Samsung, Great value, have had it since 2012 which has exceeded my expectations, just a darn good set.

Original review: March 2, 2017

It has half a screen dark and half normal. It came this way which should be a recall on this type of TV. But I have had it for 7 years now. I understand I should have taken it back, but they only give you 30 days to return electronic items, which I didn't realize when I got it.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

TV was a black friday special for $100. The picture is good quality for the money as well as the colors and sharpness. The sound quality is average.The tv is left on for long periods of time and plays just as good as the day we bought it, no problems. I am more than satisfied with the money spent.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2017

I bought two Emerson TVs a 50" and 40". My 40 went out. I let it sit for months kept checking to see if it would come on before I gave it away. One day just started back working. My 50 is doing the same. Both TVs are plugged into surge protectors. This is a rip off. Spend all this money on a TV that has to sit for months before your kids can watch. I'm a single mom. I don't have money to keep buying TVs. I think Emerson should stand by their product and reimburse customers for their inconvenience.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

I brought this tv from Walmart and it worked for about a two years then one day the picture wouldn't work and I'm out of warranty. Call Emerson. Can't help me because it's out of warranty. Called geek squad they told me that it would be cheaper to buy a new tv. Wow. I would love to have Walmart to stop selling this brand of anything they sell. I see I'm not the only one that has been bitten by emerson's service and products. We should ask Walmart to stop selling this brand. I want to start a partition against emerson products. Who's with me.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

A 50" tv bought on Black Friday has NEVER worked. Emerson sends tv repairman and he cannot fix. I repeated am told someone will get back to me in 24-48 hours. No one does. I am not allowed to talk to fictitious supervisors. Nothing is done about this junk tv. We will never purchase Emerson again. Furthermore, I will post on social media the results of buying from your company. And I will continue posting every 24 hours. And I will contact the Better Business Bureau, will the non-results of your reaction to selling junk that has never worked and promises to call back are never fulfilled.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

Emerson 50" model # LF501EM4F - I had also bought my 50" Emerson at Walmart's Black Friday Sale thinking it was a good deal for the size and description of the TV. I figured Emerson had been around for quite a while even though they were just a step up from generic brands years ago and were still hanging in there. I didn't really need a TV at the time as I had one but it was so heavy and bulky and I wanted to try a skinny, lighter one. I brought it home and stored it in a corner of my bedroom so it would be out of the way. The manufacturer warranty has expired and I didn't think anything would be wrong with it since it was still in its package and it was still "new". I set it up last night and plugged it in (an exciting moment for my kids and I to have a big new TV now). It looked great where we had it sitting... then the big moment of turning it on... NOTHING BUT A CRACKED SCREEN ON THE INSIDE!!! It was so disappointing.

Being a single mom with two teenagers money is tight and this was like a luxury item for us! Nothing had happened to the TV since I had purchased it, no drops, bumps or impact of any kind! The screen is perfect and the plastic still on around the edges, the cardboard was just removed from the front by myself last night. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it until it is turned on... It is cracked from the lower right up and colored lines and that is all it does. I guess I gave Emerson the benefit of the doubt and it makes me sick how much money I scraped up to buy the damn thing... so much for luxuries, I'll stick to practical. NEVER AGAIN AN EMERSON ANYTHING!!! And from these reviews I'm not too sure about Walmart anymore either!!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

Emerson TV LF501EM5F Serial #DS1A1435792496 Manufactured 8/2014 - Purchased this on Black Friday 2014 at Walmart. Picked up on 12/18/14. Put in guest room 5/2015 and used a surge protector. TV would not turn on 12/8/2016. It does not have 30 hours playing time on it. I saw others have experienced the same thing. Emerson should be made to replace or reimburse us. This company apparently manufactured a run of bad TVs.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2016

I purchased a 40" probably a year and a half ago. It just started having a hard time turning on. I have to unplug it, plug it back in and then push the tv button. I have to do this up to seven times before the tv comes on. I see no one else seems to be having this problem.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

Purchased an Emerson LED TV from Walmart a year ago. No extended warranty. Last night while watching TV the TV just turned itself off and would not come back on. I switched power strips, outlets, went online and did all the troubleshooting ideas I found, unplugging it for an hour, plugging it back in so it supposedly could reset itself - nope, did not work. Unplugged it, held the power button in for 15 seconds, plugged it back in supposedly to reset itself - nope - did not work. Left it off all night long, this morning still does not work. Paid over $600 for this TV at Walmart and it's junk that lasted a year. I will never purchase another Emerson product.

Watched all these YouTube videos about Emerson quick fixes and how you can do it yourself with these power issues because TV service repair companies want to overcharge you severely for these easy repairs. This should not be something that happens for a TV you've only had a year. For that much money I would expect it to last several years. This is disgusting a such a ripoff. Bought the TV on sale at Walmart and now it's junk. I'm so upset. I do not have my receipt to add to this complaint, if I can find it I will log back in and attach it. I purchased the TV at the Walmart on Brook Road in Richmond, VA 23227. So so disgusted and cannot believe that this has happened.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

We received the 50 inch LF501EM5F model as a Christmas gift about two years ago (bought on black Friday). Upon taking it out of the box, we realized that it didn't have all the hardware to assemble the stand. We really didn't care at the time because we planned on mounting it to the wall. We plugged it in, and watched half of a movie, then turned it off to go to bed. The next day we tried to resume watching the movie, but the T.V. would not turn on. We called customer service, and because we live in Canada they were not prepared to honour the warranty, also they said that our 14 days were up. After explaining the situation, they agreed to send it in to have it fixed (T.V. was gone for almost 2 weeks).

Now, we are trying to get the hardware to assemble the stand, but we are not having any luck. They are refusing to send us the bracket and screws, every representative we speak to is rude and uncooperative: putting us on hold for around 30 minutes or so, and then transferring us to someone else. All we want is the hardware that we were originally supposed to receive. I have never experienced anything like this and would not recommend this company to anyone...

Original review: Nov. 26, 2016

I bought a 40 inch Emerson TV at Black Friday from Walmart. The TV has worked fine for few months. Now all it does is as soon as I turn it on it turns right back off. I bought the extended warranty but there is not a repairman close to where I live. So I am out of the TV and the cost of extended warranty. I will never never never buy another Emerson TV.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

I purchased an Emerson TV and before I could even get it home, I noticed that it had a cracked screen. I had already purchased it and I brought it to the Walmart agent's attention. They checked to see if there were any additional ones left and there was none, so the Walmart agent indicated that it was a Manufacturer defect that came that way from the manufacturer and told me to contact the manufacturer. I contacted Emerson regarding this problem and Emerson said it was the retailer. The retailer said it was the manufacturer. They both are passing the buck. I wanted the product because it was a great deal but the customer service sucks...

Emerson TVs Company Information