Emerson TVs

Compare TV Brands

Research top TV Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

The picture quality is on a par with far more expensive televisions but improvements could be made on their network of repair facilities, to be able to diagnose and fix in the home.

I bought and have had my Emerson TV for over 5 years. It was at a great price and the screen size is what I was looking for. It still has great picture quality and color. In my opinion Emerson gets a high 5 for performance color and quality. I will always stay with the brand because it has proven to be a number 1 in my opinion of TVs.

I have begged my husband for years to buy me a big screen TV to watch football. He finally gives in and for Christmas he buys me an Emerson 55" TV. What a mistake, I have only had it for one year and five months and it will not turn on at all! I am so disappointed in this. He will never buy me another one! Don't waste your money on products from this company! I can assure you this is not a fake post. I am pissed! Maybe someday there will be a company that is willing to stand behind their product! If anyone is aware of one please let me know.

Emerson produces a good TV with little to no problems. Do not move the TV around or find out screen will distort. Take extra care and it will last you approx 5 years. Great value for the price. 55 inch TV with great picture for 400.00. Other brands have better picture but are 4 to 5 times more expensive.

I believe Emerson offers an awesome product especially for the low price! Bought this television on sale 2 years ago at Christmas time from Walmart and it has been working beautifully ever since!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Emerson?

The television performs well. Nice picture quality, clear audio as well. The overall look of the TV is just basic. But it's not unattractive either. Overall, I am pleased with this television. I would purchase it again.

Our 47-inch flat screen by Emerson has been one of the easiest devices to set up and use. It has been one of the best purchases I have made in a long time.

Television suddenly does not work. Spent 3 hours with different personnel, only suggesting that I get this pile of junk repaired. Warranty expires within a year and this is where they hoard their money. Television goes out shortly. This company is on par with Sharp. No matter how cheap is sells, it is not worth it. It is insulting to have personnel respond by email telling me what I already know: that this product does not work and (my words) is a piece of junk. Beware.

Ok so I buy a TV on Black Friday 2014 for my daughter. It supposed to come with a 1 yr warranty with Emerson. So I get the 2 yrs extended warranty so I thought... so it's been 2 yrs 4 months. The TV hasn't been being used because my daughter was still living with me and it was supposed to be for her new house and I already have TV in all my rooms in my house. So my daughter moves out 1 week ago. Hooks up TV and it just shuts right back off. I find my receipt. Call Emerson. They say their warranty is only good for a year so I called Walmart and they say their warranty will cover it to call their warranty dept so I call and start giving them the info from my receipt and come to find out the lady at the register puts the warranty on a mop not the TV.

So I go to Walmart to talk to manager and they tell me too bad there is nothing they can do... why would anyone get a warranty on a mop after a year ago mop is disgusting and should go in trash. Anyways so now I have a TV that's been used maybe a month or TV and won't turn on. Never buy a TV from Walmart or buy the warranty because they have found a way to screw people over once again. And never by Emerson. Apparently they only make their TV to last 2 yrs so you have to go buy a new one. Best Buy will now get my business for all electronics. At least everything I have bought from them has last 5 plus years.

This is a great brand of TV that has been around for years. I trust the brand itself and I have owned several Emerson products. They are well priced and last for years. The picture is excellent, easy to work and adjust colors for movies and shows. The only thing I would change is to make the edge surrounding the screen flush with the screen. That would make it easier for cleaning and make the screen look bigger.

I really love my tv. It's a 32" so it sits on a dresser perfect while I relax in my bed. Also, the picture and volume are great. I love that I can stream onto it with my chromecast. I have my sound bar and Wii connected to it. I've never had a problem with it and to me it's great and the price was a deal.

I purchased an Emerson flat screen television LF391EM4A in 2014. It replaced a decades old Mitsubishi tv. The Emerson didn't even last 3 years and was not used heavily or abused. From reading the multiple negative reviews of this brand I see it was a mistake to buy it in the first place. It would be nice if retailers went with quality over price in selecting their merchandise.

The Emerson TV was purchased because the maximum screen that would fit in my home entertainment center was 37". This set has 1080p and the picture quality is a good as Sony, LG, and Samsung, Great value, have had it since 2012 which has exceeded my expectations, just a darn good set.

It has half a screen dark and half normal. It came this way which should be a recall on this type of TV. But I have had it for 7 years now. I understand I should have taken it back, but they only give you 30 days to return electronic items, which I didn't realize when I got it.

TV was a black friday special for $100. The picture is good quality for the money as well as the colors and sharpness. The sound quality is average.The tv is left on for long periods of time and plays just as good as the day we bought it, no problems. I am more than satisfied with the money spent.

I bought two Emerson TVs a 50" and 40". My 40 went out. I let it sit for months kept checking to see if it would come on before I gave it away. One day just started back working. My 50 is doing the same. Both TVs are plugged into surge protectors. This is a rip off. Spend all this money on a TV that has to sit for months before your kids can watch. I'm a single mom. I don't have money to keep buying TVs. I think Emerson should stand by their product and reimburse customers for their inconvenience.

I brought this tv from Walmart and it worked for about a two years then one day the picture wouldn't work and I'm out of warranty. Call Emerson. Can't help me because it's out of warranty. Called geek squad they told me that it would be cheaper to buy a new tv. Wow. I would love to have Walmart to stop selling this brand of anything they sell. I see I'm not the only one that has been bitten by emerson's service and products. We should ask Walmart to stop selling this brand. I want to start a partition against emerson products. Who's with me.

A 50" tv bought on Black Friday has NEVER worked. Emerson sends tv repairman and he cannot fix. I repeated am told someone will get back to me in 24-48 hours. No one does. I am not allowed to talk to fictitious supervisors. Nothing is done about this junk tv. We will never purchase Emerson again. Furthermore, I will post on social media the results of buying from your company. And I will continue posting every 24 hours. And I will contact the Better Business Bureau, will the non-results of your reaction to selling junk that has never worked and promises to call back are never fulfilled.

Emerson 50" model # LF501EM4F - I had also bought my 50" Emerson at Walmart's Black Friday Sale thinking it was a good deal for the size and description of the TV. I figured Emerson had been around for quite a while even though they were just a step up from generic brands years ago and were still hanging in there. I didn't really need a TV at the time as I had one but it was so heavy and bulky and I wanted to try a skinny, lighter one. I brought it home and stored it in a corner of my bedroom so it would be out of the way. The manufacturer warranty has expired and I didn't think anything would be wrong with it since it was still in its package and it was still "new". I set it up last night and plugged it in (an exciting moment for my kids and I to have a big new TV now). It looked great where we had it sitting... then the big moment of turning it on... NOTHING BUT A CRACKED SCREEN ON THE INSIDE!!! It was so disappointing.

Being a single mom with two teenagers money is tight and this was like a luxury item for us! Nothing had happened to the TV since I had purchased it, no drops, bumps or impact of any kind! The screen is perfect and the plastic still on around the edges, the cardboard was just removed from the front by myself last night. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it until it is turned on... It is cracked from the lower right up and colored lines and that is all it does. I guess I gave Emerson the benefit of the doubt and it makes me sick how much money I scraped up to buy the damn thing... so much for luxuries, I'll stick to practical. NEVER AGAIN AN EMERSON ANYTHING!!! And from these reviews I'm not too sure about Walmart anymore either!!

Emerson TV LF501EM5F Serial #DS1A1435792496 Manufactured 8/2014 - Purchased this on Black Friday 2014 at Walmart. Picked up on 12/18/14. Put in guest room 5/2015 and used a surge protector. TV would not turn on 12/8/2016. It does not have 30 hours playing time on it. I saw others have experienced the same thing. Emerson should be made to replace or reimburse us. This company apparently manufactured a run of bad TVs.

I purchased a 40" probably a year and a half ago. It just started having a hard time turning on. I have to unplug it, plug it back in and then push the tv button. I have to do this up to seven times before the tv comes on. I see no one else seems to be having this problem.

Purchased an Emerson LED TV from Walmart a year ago. No extended warranty. Last night while watching TV the TV just turned itself off and would not come back on. I switched power strips, outlets, went online and did all the troubleshooting ideas I found, unplugging it for an hour, plugging it back in so it supposedly could reset itself - nope, did not work. Unplugged it, held the power button in for 15 seconds, plugged it back in supposedly to reset itself - nope - did not work. Left it off all night long, this morning still does not work. Paid over $600 for this TV at Walmart and it's junk that lasted a year. I will never purchase another Emerson product.

Watched all these YouTube videos about Emerson quick fixes and how you can do it yourself with these power issues because TV service repair companies want to overcharge you severely for these easy repairs. This should not be something that happens for a TV you've only had a year. For that much money I would expect it to last several years. This is disgusting a such a ripoff. Bought the TV on sale at Walmart and now it's junk. I'm so upset. I do not have my receipt to add to this complaint, if I can find it I will log back in and attach it. I purchased the TV at the Walmart on Brook Road in Richmond, VA 23227. So so disgusted and cannot believe that this has happened.

We received the 50 inch LF501EM5F model as a Christmas gift about two years ago (bought on black Friday). Upon taking it out of the box, we realized that it didn't have all the hardware to assemble the stand. We really didn't care at the time because we planned on mounting it to the wall. We plugged it in, and watched half of a movie, then turned it off to go to bed. The next day we tried to resume watching the movie, but the T.V. would not turn on. We called customer service, and because we live in Canada they were not prepared to honour the warranty, also they said that our 14 days were up. After explaining the situation, they agreed to send it in to have it fixed (T.V. was gone for almost 2 weeks).

Now, we are trying to get the hardware to assemble the stand, but we are not having any luck. They are refusing to send us the bracket and screws, every representative we speak to is rude and uncooperative: putting us on hold for around 30 minutes or so, and then transferring us to someone else. All we want is the hardware that we were originally supposed to receive. I have never experienced anything like this and would not recommend this company to anyone...

I bought a 40 inch Emerson TV at Black Friday from Walmart. The TV has worked fine for few months. Now all it does is as soon as I turn it on it turns right back off. I bought the extended warranty but there is not a repairman close to where I live. So I am out of the TV and the cost of extended warranty. I will never never never buy another Emerson TV.

I purchased an Emerson TV and before I could even get it home, I noticed that it had a cracked screen. I had already purchased it and I brought it to the Walmart agent's attention. They checked to see if there were any additional ones left and there was none, so the Walmart agent indicated that it was a Manufacturer defect that came that way from the manufacturer and told me to contact the manufacturer. I contacted Emerson regarding this problem and Emerson said it was the retailer. The retailer said it was the manufacturer. They both are passing the buck. I wanted the product because it was a great deal but the customer service sucks...

About a year ago bought a TV for my mom. One day it just quit working. The repair guy told me it was not worth working on, the parts would be too expensive for what he called a disposable brand. Spending this much on a TV that we didn't even get a year out of, VERY DISAPPOINTED. So I'm going to get her a new one and I know what name won't be on the front of it!

Bought Emerson TV 6 months ago from Walmart. One day turn it on and there were lines all in it. I bought the insurance with it. I called them and they told me my tv damage and it don't take care of that. Excuse me, what. Are you kidding me. I told her she full of it and I ask to speak to a manager. Well the next person I spoke to gave me a number to called for them to come out to check it out. Well they better fix it or I will put an Ad in the paper not to buy Emerson TV and don't buy the insurance also that sell surrounding city. I think there so many complaint on Emerson TV that they don't want to fix it. Don't buy Emerson TV. I wish I read the reviews.

Purchased an Emerson 50" Flat screen TV on Black Friday 2014, beautiful picture, worked fine until the other day when it blanked out. Talked to Customer Service and followed their suggestions without any results. Will not buy another TV from Walmart and will not buy an Emerson from anyone.

Had it for 2 years. Like everyone purchased from Walmart. Turned on one day. It shut right back off. Called Emerson. They gave me a repair guy who wanted 65 dollars for estimate. Brought to another guy who was free estimate. Changed 2 boards. Still don't work. Worst experience I have ever had. They need a class action suit brought against them.

I bought an Emerson 32" Flat screen from Walmart just 5 months ago, I was really amazed at the picture quality. But then one day I had a problem with my volume control staying up, I could raise it up as high as it could go if I wanted, but it would not stay there. It would go right back down to 0. Then one day it started working again, lasted a few weeks. Now, it's back to no volume control. It is so frustrating, because I'm on a fixed income and I just can't afford to go out and buy another one any time I want.

Emerson TVs Company Profile