1.47/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: March 31, 2018

795 Emerson TVs Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: March 31, 2018

I bought a brand new Emerson Television not too long ago and now it's broke. It turns out a circuit board doesn't work and it's an expensive fix for most people, my suggestion is to think twice before buying an Emerson!

Original review: March 2, 2018

I feel it's not an attractive tv at all and it's difficult to see the buttons on it to manually adjust without the remote. Thankfully I don't watch tv much and this TV is ideal for that type of viewer, however, some of the practical things have been left out of the screen and unlike old skool dial tvs, you have to be right up on it to see buttons that should be easier to see. This thing is very glare averse and I'm glad it isn't more pricey as I wouldn't buy it unless it was free.

Get the news you need delivered right to you!

Join over 300,000 subscribers and receive the latest expert advice, consumer news, and recall notices in your inbox.

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 8, 2018 I bought an Emerson TV 2 and 1/2 years ago at Sam's Club and it stop working a week ago. For what I can read from other customers apparently the life span

Of an Emerson is about 6 months to three years maximum, I wouldn't recommend this product and of course I won't buy again!!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

My LF461EM4 flatscreen TV was only 2.5 years old when it decided to simply stop operating (I could turn it on but after the Emerson logo appeared it died out). Some hard-to-understand "customer service" drone in the Philippines (another example of Emerson's sick corporate greed) had me go through the motions of unplugging and pushing the power button on for 10 seconds, then re-plugging the set. What a total waste, probably just a required futile exercise to make the customer think they care.

She explained that Emerson's warranty of one year is over and there's nothing they can do but direct me to a repair shop. I explained that the state of Maine's Implied Warranty Law may conflict with her scripted assessment. She was useless, just like my $350 purchase. What the hell kind of company would sell a product for hundreds of dollars and not stand behind it if they don't have all intentions of going bankrupt and moving the hell out of the United States after ripping off Americans? I am making sure their plan succeeds.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

I purchased the Emerson 50" TV from WalMart 10 months ago. The volume was a little disappointing but no big issue. I actually really liked this TV. Then approx. 10 months after purchasing it, it essentially quit working. I turned it on- "Emerson" eventually -POOF! The TV shut off. No volume, no picture, nada! I tried it numerous times with the same effect. TV eventually turns on showing whatever channel & then GONE! I read the many reviews & then started looking for solutions. "IF" it was fixable-- the cost to repair was ignorant. At times, the cost to repair was almost the same as the cost of the TV brand new. Dealing with service & company was pointless. The only reason I gave it 2 stars = it was a good TV initially. I will never buy an Emerson again!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Emerson?

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

I bought an Emerson Led HD TV and the speaker went fuzzy (sounded like it was cracked or busted) in less than two years. Finally the TV will not turn on and only had 2 yr. 5 months. This TV is 32 inch Model number, LF320EM4 A This set was manufactured March 2015. I will never buy Emerson again. I guess this smart TV outsmarted me.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

Great TV (LF391EM4A), I rarely turn my TV off so basically you could say it's been on for 2 and 1/2 years with very little downtime and it's been a great TV. I wished Emerson would put an upgrade out for it. Otherwise all in all great TV. I've had the TV for a couple of years so I don't have the receipt any longer but I'm telling you it's a great TV. I have one and I love it.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

I purchased a 55 inch Emerson tv around for Christmas. We had it a little less than 4 months and then it just went out. It makes a buzzing sound when you plug it in but will not turn on. I looked online to troubleshoot and see what the issue could be. It turns out that I am not the only one this has happened to. It seems to be a common problem with these Emerson TVs purchased around the same time. I would not recommend at all. I have the tv sitting in the back room until I can figure out how to get the money to have it fixed or if it will be better just to throw it away. Not happy at all.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

My son purchased this TV (EMERSON 50") December 2015 from WalMart. It was my Christmas present, thank God he purchased an extended warranty. Within the first six months of the having it, it went out. Serviceman fixed the set and then of course, it broke again. Serviceman comes in, takes set, fixes it. Again July 2017 TV breaks again. No picture or sound again. I call for service, I was sent a box to pack it up and send it out.

Apparently when the service center received set it was shattered and sent back to me. When I packed TV it was fine. When they received it was shattered and no one emailed me, or called me. I just received a TV back shattered and of course, it's not their fault. This piece of crap should not have been on the market to begin with. No one wants to own up to it WalMart, Emerson or the warranty center. I recommend that if you are looking for a TV please DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM EMERSON! The service sucks and so does the product!

Original review: July 1, 2017

Why try to contact Emerson directly to help with tv and they give you the runaround and asking for a receipt that you no longer have. I purchased the tv Black Friday 2016 and now they say it's nothing they can do about it even though the tv is not even a year old. I was on the phone with them for a long time and when asked to speak to a supervisor was told they was going to say the same thing that she was stated to me. I will never purchased an Emerson tv again. I don't care what deal is going on. I hope they learn to stand behind their products.Why let someone keep at that was on turn itself off and start sizzle with a sound.

Original review: June 18, 2017

Bought my TV about 2 years ago and today June 18th 2017 it decided it wanted to die. I have sound but no picture and of course my warranty is up now so there is not much that I can do. It will be cheaper just to buy a new TV versus trying to have it repaired. Never again will I buy a Emerson TV. I don't give a ** how cheap it is on Black Friday.

Original review: June 16, 2017

I have two TV Emerson, 155 in, 132 in. Neither one of them work within months of purchase. These were gifts. One to my son. One was to me. They've been collecting dust. Someone told me to contact manufacturer or the maker and they would fix it at their cost whether that meant someone a technician come out and look at it or didn't send you shipping information paid for to send it in to be fixed and shipped back either way. These TVs need to be fixed. I have not wrote a bad review on your brand. I want to give you the chance to honor your warranty, stand on your word and correct this issue. Thank you for your time. You have a blessed day.

Original review: June 2, 2017

The picture quality is on a par with far more expensive televisions but improvements could be made on their network of repair facilities, to be able to diagnose and fix in the home.

Original review: May 26, 2017

I bought and have had my Emerson TV for over 5 years. It was at a great price and the screen size is what I was looking for. It still has great picture quality and color. In my opinion Emerson gets a high 5 for performance color and quality. I will always stay with the brand because it has proven to be a number 1 in my opinion of TVs.

Original review: May 24, 2017

I have begged my husband for years to buy me a big screen TV to watch football. He finally gives in and for Christmas he buys me an Emerson 55" TV. What a mistake, I have only had it for one year and five months and it will not turn on at all! I am so disappointed in this. He will never buy me another one! Don't waste your money on products from this company! I can assure you this is not a fake post. I am pissed! Maybe someday there will be a company that is willing to stand behind their product! If anyone is aware of one please let me know.

Original review: May 21, 2017

Emerson produces a good TV with little to no problems. Do not move the TV around or find out screen will distort. Take extra care and it will last you approx 5 years. Great value for the price. 55 inch TV with great picture for 400.00. Other brands have better picture but are 4 to 5 times more expensive.

Original review: May 20, 2017

I believe Emerson offers an awesome product especially for the low price! Bought this television on sale 2 years ago at Christmas time from Walmart and it has been working beautifully ever since!

Original review: May 19, 2017

The television performs well. Nice picture quality, clear audio as well. The overall look of the TV is just basic. But it's not unattractive either. Overall, I am pleased with this television. I would purchase it again.

Original review: May 18, 2017

Our 47-inch flat screen by Emerson has been one of the easiest devices to set up and use. It has been one of the best purchases I have made in a long time.

Original review: April 15, 2017

Television suddenly does not work. Spent 3 hours with different personnel, only suggesting that I get this pile of junk repaired. Warranty expires within a year and this is where they hoard their money. Television goes out shortly. This company is on par with Sharp. No matter how cheap is sells, it is not worth it. It is insulting to have personnel respond by email telling me what I already know: that this product does not work and (my words) is a piece of junk. Beware.

Original review: March 26, 2017

Ok so I buy a TV on Black Friday 2014 for my daughter. It supposed to come with a 1 yr warranty with Emerson. So I get the 2 yrs extended warranty so I thought... so it's been 2 yrs 4 months. The TV hasn't been being used because my daughter was still living with me and it was supposed to be for her new house and I already have TV in all my rooms in my house. So my daughter moves out 1 week ago. Hooks up TV and it just shuts right back off. I find my receipt. Call Emerson. They say their warranty is only good for a year so I called Walmart and they say their warranty will cover it to call their warranty dept so I call and start giving them the info from my receipt and come to find out the lady at the register puts the warranty on a mop not the TV.

So I go to Walmart to talk to manager and they tell me too bad there is nothing they can do... why would anyone get a warranty on a mop after a year ago mop is disgusting and should go in trash. Anyways so now I have a TV that's been used maybe a month or TV and won't turn on. Never buy a TV from Walmart or buy the warranty because they have found a way to screw people over once again. And never by Emerson. Apparently they only make their TV to last 2 yrs so you have to go buy a new one. Best Buy will now get my business for all electronics. At least everything I have bought from them has last 5 plus years.

Original review: March 13, 2017

This is a great brand of TV that has been around for years. I trust the brand itself and I have owned several Emerson products. They are well priced and last for years. The picture is excellent, easy to work and adjust colors for movies and shows. The only thing I would change is to make the edge surrounding the screen flush with the screen. That would make it easier for cleaning and make the screen look bigger.

Original review: March 5, 2017

I really love my tv. It's a 32" so it sits on a dresser perfect while I relax in my bed. Also, the picture and volume are great. I love that I can stream onto it with my chromecast. I have my sound bar and Wii connected to it. I've never had a problem with it and to me it's great and the price was a deal.

Original review: March 4, 2017

I purchased an Emerson flat screen television LF391EM4A in 2014. It replaced a decades old Mitsubishi tv. The Emerson didn't even last 3 years and was not used heavily or abused. From reading the multiple negative reviews of this brand I see it was a mistake to buy it in the first place. It would be nice if retailers went with quality over price in selecting their merchandise.

Original review: March 3, 2017

The Emerson TV was purchased because the maximum screen that would fit in my home entertainment center was 37". This set has 1080p and the picture quality is a good as Sony, LG, and Samsung, Great value, have had it since 2012 which has exceeded my expectations, just a darn good set.

Original review: March 2, 2017

It has half a screen dark and half normal. It came this way which should be a recall on this type of TV. But I have had it for 7 years now. I understand I should have taken it back, but they only give you 30 days to return electronic items, which I didn't realize when I got it.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

TV was a black friday special for $100. The picture is good quality for the money as well as the colors and sharpness. The sound quality is average.The tv is left on for long periods of time and plays just as good as the day we bought it, no problems. I am more than satisfied with the money spent.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2017

I bought two Emerson TVs a 50" and 40". My 40 went out. I let it sit for months kept checking to see if it would come on before I gave it away. One day just started back working. My 50 is doing the same. Both TVs are plugged into surge protectors. This is a rip off. Spend all this money on a TV that has to sit for months before your kids can watch. I'm a single mom. I don't have money to keep buying TVs. I think Emerson should stand by their product and reimburse customers for their inconvenience.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

I brought this tv from Walmart and it worked for about a two years then one day the picture wouldn't work and I'm out of warranty. Call Emerson. Can't help me because it's out of warranty. Called geek squad they told me that it would be cheaper to buy a new tv. Wow. I would love to have Walmart to stop selling this brand of anything they sell. I see I'm not the only one that has been bitten by emerson's service and products. We should ask Walmart to stop selling this brand. I want to start a partition against emerson products. Who's with me.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

A 50" tv bought on Black Friday has NEVER worked. Emerson sends tv repairman and he cannot fix. I repeated am told someone will get back to me in 24-48 hours. No one does. I am not allowed to talk to fictitious supervisors. Nothing is done about this junk tv. We will never purchase Emerson again. Furthermore, I will post on social media the results of buying from your company. And I will continue posting every 24 hours. And I will contact the Better Business Bureau, will the non-results of your reaction to selling junk that has never worked and promises to call back are never fulfilled.

Emerson TVs Company Information