Hitachi TV
Based on 59 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

Hitachi TV

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 30, 2017

138 Hitachi TV Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

Purchased a 55" Hitachi TV from Sam's Club during the holidays of 2015. TV was manufactured in Sept of 2015. It's not even 2 years later and the tv has stopped working. Should have read the terrible reviews about Hitachi before making the purchase. Lesson learned.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

Got a Hitachi TV from Sam's Club and at less than 2 1/2 years old it has completely stopped working. Never buying that brand again. Same experience with a Samsung TV. It made it to 3 years and quit. The Hitachi was a 50" and the Samsung was a 40". Throw away economics I guess but I do not have the money for it.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

When we purchased the tv it worked fine for 5 months. Then one day it refused to come back on. The red light comes on and won't progress to blinking blue and red. We tried rebooting, changing batteries in remotes. This model has no buttons which is insane. It only works by remote. Hitachi does not respond whatsoever. If I do get someone it is terminal hold. Never will we buy Hitachi again.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

Purchased this TV from Sam's Club March of 2016 and the LED back light failed April of 2017. It was 13 months old and Hitachi basically told me to pound sand. This unit now has a very bad reputation for LED light failure leaving the TV with sound and a faint image if you shine a flashlight on the screen. I can fix it myself but I should not have to on a new TV. I have 2 other Samsung 60" and 1 Vizio 80" that have been absolutely trouble free for 4 to 5 years now. Hitachi wired the LED lights like Christmas lights and when one fails the TV is a boat anchor unless you are talented and unafraid to dig into the innermost workings. I would definitely steer clear of Hitachi.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I normally buy LG electronics and appliances due to their longevity and great customer service. This 49" Hitachi television was on sale last summer (2016) at Sam's Club and it looked to have a great picture and included what appeared to be a decent warranty. I should have researched the reviews first and read the fine print in the warranty. I plugged it in last July and it lasted just long enough to exceed the One year "limited" warranty Hitachi provided for a brand new product. The picture went out early this month (Sept. 2017). It would appear this is common since Hitachi customer service seemed pretty familiar with the problem. Bottom line is they won't fix it; they say it is out of warranty. Which, in truth, it is. By about 5 weeks, give or take a few days.

I started looking around on the reviews and sure enough, it seems to be a consistent issue in the past couple of years with Hitachi TV's: TV picture fails just after, or not long after the one year warranty expires. I followed all of Hitachi's instructions for mounting and operating, so that's not a factor. After a week of phone calls, emailed photos and receipts to Hitachi customer service, here is Hitachi's reply to my request for assistance in replacing the picture tube:

"Your LE43A509A / CH6AMO4999 is outside the coverage of Hitachi’s 12 month limited manufacturer warranty. If you would like to appeal this decision, you may do so in writing by sending a letter to our Customer Service Appeals Committee. Please understand that a response will be sent to you at least 30 days after the Committee’s receipt of your letter. After filing your appeal, all communication in regards to your case will be required to come direct from the Appeals Committee as they function above and outside of the 800-HITACHI call center. Please include in your appeal: a. your full contact information, b. complete bill of sale, c. any prior service history of the unit, d. your desired outcome. You can write to this address if you opt to appeal the case: Hitachi America DSD Customer Service Appeals Committee, 2420 Fenton St., Suite 200, Chula Vista CA 91914. I recommend you send the letter via trackable means so that you can ensure the letter is delivered."

In my initial call to customer service support and in my subsequent emails, I have provided them with photos, videos and all of the documentation they are requesting here. There has been no previous service on the tv, it's barely a year old. So if I'd like to jump through more of the same hoops and resend all of the info I've already sent, I can send a letter via USPS registered mail, And then have the privilege of waiting at least 30 days for a reply, again via US mail. How is it that an electronics company which sells mass amounts of modern entertainment, appliances and communications equipment would prefer to communicate with it's customers via stamped letters? I'm going to go and purchase another LG since the 39" LG TV I purchased in 2008 is still working beautifully, as are my other LG products. I will chalk this up as a lesson in Latin: Caveat Emptor.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hitachi?

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I purchased a 55" Hitachi HDTV (model #LE55A6R9) in [late] November 2015 from Sam's Club. On September 5, 2017, the picture and sound does not work on the television. I always felt Hitachi was a great brand but am disappointed that the TV went out in less than 2 years. Shouldn't this TV last longer than 18 months? Unfortunately, I did not buy the extended warranty but felt I would get a longer TV life than 18 months. I emailed Hitachi support on September 5, 2017 to express my disappointment/concern. As of date I have not gotten any type of response from them.

Original review: March 13, 2017

The Hitachi TV was a good set--there is no picture now--replacement parts N/A and costly to repair. New sets are cheaper. The TV had a projection in it. The set died in May of 2016--bought in 1999? In checking on prices to get it fixed, the part was either not available or over $300 available from overseas (Japan?). Newer TVs can be purchased for $600--we paid almost $1700 at the time. The TV started having problems about 2011 (continuous picture wouldn't stop), some interference that became annoying as it was too often. Then, one day there was no picture--the sound was OK. Trying to play a movie on CD was awkward--2 remotes are needed.

Original review: March 10, 2017

I have rang the company Tempo about my tv which is only 13 months old. The first time last year the remote would not work. Also if tv did display initialize you can't do anything with it other than turn tv off as at power point. They sent out new remote plus usb with update on it. I installed the usb and tv worked fine for couple of months. Now its not working properly again, I rang tempo again. They sent out repairman on the 6th of March who said the motherboard was not working properly and I would get a call from Tempo.

As of the 9th I hadn't heard from them so I rang, spoke to a women who gave me a name and said she would ring back. Well it didn't happen so today I rang again and spoke to a man who his name. He checked about tv and said they didn't a part for my tv and I would have to wait at least another month for it to be fixed and also told me the women I spoke to by the name I was give didn't work there so now I am waiting for the guy ring me back and tell me what they will do as I said I wasn't happy and was going to Fair Trading. BEWARE. DO NOT BUY THIS BRAND OF TELEVISION.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

Absolutely poor service. Wrong item delivered. Devastating issue management. Poor customer service. Deliver wrong but expect customer in own time to go to store to return wrong product. No pick up. 3rd world service. Do not buy anything!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2016

We have 2 32" TVs both manufactured on Oct 15, 2015. We bought them Dec 19, 2015 and both broke within a week of each other... same exact way. Now Hitachi is says it is not their issue and they will not replace the TVs. I will NEVER buy another one of their products. If you are look for electronics I would recommend stay far away from ANY Hitachi product.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2016

My Hitachi TV started having issues after 5 months. TV is still under warranty, so I called Hitachi and they sent a repairman. The new part they installed didn't fix the problem. Called them back and they said they would replace the unit if it was in stock in their warehouse or send me a check to refund the purchase price.. They sent me paperwork that I signed and returned. I received a call two weeks ago saying that they had the replacement and it was being shipped FedEx two day. They said they'd call back when my tracking number was generated.

Waited a week. No call, so I called them. They said they were waiting on the warehouse. Waited a few more days, called back today. Their excuse was that they ran out of boxes to ship the TV in and hoped to have some next week. They're lying. I don't believe they have a warehouse full of TV's without boxes. I'll never ever buy anything Hitachi again.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2016

This TV was purchased from Sam's Club for use in a business. We hooked the TV up to a video conferencing unit on a commercial high-grade surge protector on a very stable 800.00 commercial TV stand. The TV was only used for an hour on 3 occasions. On the third time being used, the screen turned to just colored lines going up and down the screen. Knowing that the TV was only a few months old and we had all of our receipts, we should have nothing to worry about. HOWEVER when I contacted HITACHI to have the TV repaired they informed me that because a business had purchased the TV that the warranty was no longer valid and they would not replace or repair the TV. I was SHOCKED!! I have never heard of a manufacturer doing this.

I can only say DO NOT BUY HITACHI PRODUCTS!!! This is ludicrous behavior from a manufacturer of a product being sold by Sam's Club who sells to business. We have contacted and are in contact with Sam's Club to let them know what is going on with this manufacturer. They should not sell products from this manufacturer if this is how they treat their customers. I personally recommend to hundreds of business, products on a regular basis. I will recommend that HITACHI PRODUCTS NOT EVER be purchased under ANY circumstances as this is not the kind of support I wish anyone to have to deal with EVER. What else can I say but DO NOT BUY HITACHI PRODUCTS as they don't care and don't support the products they sell. You would be throwing your money in the trash by purchasing HITACHI Products. This is an absolutely unbelievable response too from a company this large in this day and age.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2016

I have had my TV now for 6 years and it has been FANTASTIC! Best TV I have ever owned and would recommend to anyone and everyone. It was easy to hook up, has a beautiful picture, and the sound is fantastic. I bought it off of the Walmart website and it was delivered to my store without any problems whatsoever. I just ordered another one the same way I did the first one, only this one is a 65" HDTV with once again a great price. My 40" will go in my bedroom. Thanks HITACHI for a great product.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2016

I buy a Hitachi tv 32" but there is no option of set the country or language as india or hindi. Thats why I cant able to see the dual audio movie and there is no other option. Please help.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2016

The TV worked great for one & half years then all of a sudden the picture turned mostly blue & yellow with stripes. Also transparent. I'm not sure what to do. A TV should last longer than that. I do not have any paperwork on the TV.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2016

While under warranty we came home to find our TV on the floor. The leg had broken causing it to fall. The Hitachi company said because it fell on the floor the warranty was no good. When the leg broke what else could happen but for the TV to fall. Bad company if they do not stand behind this. Stay away from them. Also it is a safety issue. A child could have been killed if standing or sitting on the floor when this happens. This is an issue that needs to be made public.

Original review: June 2, 2016

My TV is only 3 months old. The LED light went out. Hitachi send a TV repairman that said he could not fix it so they were supposed to email me something to sign where I could go get a new TV. This was 2 weeks ago and I still not received anything. I like the TV, I don't like being lied to from their company in California. At this point I want my money back and I never will buy from them ever again.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2016

Most expensive TV I EVER bought. The thing is the tv sucks. Freaking horrible. Right speaker blew in 5 months. There's this horrible whining noise coming from the back of the tv. 2400.00 piece of **. No need for a #. I'll never EVER buy a Hitachi again. Funny because they used to be top notch.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2015

Having been a TV repairman in the past I know that manufacturers fit a weak link in the TV (mainly in the Power Supply Unit) and true to form our PSU failed at about 15 months. I replaced the failed parts and the TV has lasted 7 years up to date without problem. My TV is a Hitachi 50" P50XR01U and has modular boards making it an easy repair job.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2015

My Hitachi TV had a great picture and sound. For 2 years, I couldn't ask for a better television. After that, the problems started and never ended. There was no help from Hitachi. It had a faulty part that I was not aware of until later and I could buy a new one for what it would cost to fix mine. Never will I own a Hitachi again.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2015

The TV is of great quality. Mine osba 65" box big screen TV that have been problem and headache free. I have for it TVs and all attachments Hitachi's.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2015

I've bought Hitachi TV 8 years ago and never had complaints. Perfect colors, images, never needed repair, never had any problem. Highly recommended. The technology changes very fast and I am sure there are better televisions now but unit is working well, we'll keep it.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2015

Just recently purchased a Hitachi 24" 1080p for my bedroom. Not a smart TV, but does have HDMI port and RCA jacks for audio. Picture quality is very good, but the audio is horrible. Speakers are only 2w each and are incapable of producing any realistic sound. A sound-bar or external-powered speakers are a must, even for a television that sits at the foot of the bed. TV set-up requires you to choose home mode or retail mode. This is ridiculous. Retail mode supposedly reverts back to default factory settings when powered off. Home mode is supposed to remember your setting choices at shut-down. Since when is a TV engineered to sit on a display shelf in a store instead of being sold to consumers? Home mode doesn't even remember previous volume settings. On start-up, volume is on mute and must be changed immediately to required levels.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2015

We have had our Hitachi Ultravision Rear Projection Large Screen HDTV for over ten years and are still using it. They colors and picture remain great after all these years even though have it on more than ten hours EVERY day. The sound remains excellent without additional speakers. Some of the features include "Magic Focus" that can be used as a self-diagnostic for the picture and the colors seen. It also has Picture in Picture and Side by Side Screens which allow you to watch two football games at the same time. :-) If you like or search for a different program as you watch your favorite show.

The system also has multiple input options that allows you to have multiple antennas attached or devices such as a VCR, a DVR, and a gaming system with a simple push of the button to switch between devices. If I had to do it all over, I would gladly pay double knowing what I do now for this system! Thank you, take care and may God bless.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2015

Have owned two, one lasted without any problems for over 12 yrs and we still use the 2nd one. Have had no problems with it. Had it 9-10 yrs. Both large screens and would recommend both.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2015

I purchased a Hitachi 43" projection TV thru Sears on 01/24/03. We have not had one single problem in 12yrs! It's definitely been the best TV we have owned. I have no idea how many hrs. we have put on this TV, as it is used daily for a number of hrs. To be honest I have been looking for it to fail, but here it is still going into its 13th yr! The model # is 43FDX20B.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2015

If I could give it ZERO stars I would!!! Definitely the worst service ever and I'm not speaking about the customer service but about the replacement protocol. My tv which was still under warranty went out, they referred me to a service center that promised to take care of it in 2 weeks. It took them 2 MONTHS to give the runaround and say it wasn't "cost effective" to fix my tv so they had to send me back to Hitachi. Hitachi had to send my case to "home office" so they could email me a form for my replacement tv. They stated it would take 2-3 business days, it's been 3 Weeks!!! My issue is not resolved. They're very inefficient and every day I call they state that they have no supervisor to speak to, that a supervisor will call me back within 24 hours and they don't!!!

This issue is affecting my household not just because we don't have our living room tv but because my husband is nagging at me every single day that as a housewife I do not take care of our household needs. My children don't have their living room tv and it pisses me off that NO ONE is able to help me. They can't provide a phone number to home office and they're just sitting on my paperwork doing nothing. I will NEVER buy a Hitachi Tv ever again, definitely the worst experience with a replacement object still under warranty!!!

Original review: July 22, 2015

My wife and I bought a Hitachi TV on 4/15/2015. I'm unable to register the warranty as Hitachi has unique warranty numbers and I don't have the card. The TV stopped working within 45 DAYS of purchase. I've repeatedly contacted Hitachi to no avail. TV was manufactured LESS than a YEAR ago.

Original review: June 22, 2015

Hitachi Grass Trimmer Recall. Model No.CG22EAS(SLP) - For the last 3 weeks, I have been calling Hitachi due to the trimmer being recalled. The wait time for customer service is long and when you finally reach an agent they do not know what you are talking about. I had three different agents tell me that my trimmer was not on recall although I had given them my model no. and serial no. that matched the recall number. I waited 3 hours and called back and finally got an agent that took down my information, looked it up and yes he told me that everything matched for the recall due to fire. The agent wrote down all of my personal information and assure me that I would receive a box with all instructions on how to mail my trimmer back. I have never received a box.

I again called on 6/22/2015 and after waiting for twenty minutes an agent told me that she did not know anything about a recall and again put me on hold for twenty minutes and after 20 minutes another agent answered and looked up my information and said that she couldn't understand why I didn't receive the box. My order was put in again, but she said that if I didn't receive the return box within 8 days that I would have to contact her again. I cannot believe that she said that. This incident has gotten me so sick. I had ordered the Hitachi from Amazon and was surprised that Amazon never informed me about the recall. I will never buy Hitachi products again.

Original review: May 26, 2015

Hitachi LED screen 55" ultra thin. Bought this thing new 3 years ago if that from Sam's. It developed a round black spot in the bottom corner just recently and has now failed all together. Total crap. Don't waste your money like I did. Whatever happened to products like this lasting. Junk, crap, garbage. Ship it back to manufacturer..... Totally pissed off!

Hitachi TV Company Information