Hitachi TV

Compare TV Brands

Research top TV Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My Hitachi TV started having issues after 5 months. TV is still under warranty, so I called Hitachi and they sent a repairman. The new part they installed didn't fix the problem. Called them back and they said they would replace the unit if it was in stock in their warehouse or send me a check to refund the purchase price.. They sent me paperwork that I signed and returned. I received a call two weeks ago saying that they had the replacement and it was being shipped FedEx two day. They said they'd call back when my tracking number was generated.

Waited a week. No call, so I called them. They said they were waiting on the warehouse. Waited a few more days, called back today. Their excuse was that they ran out of boxes to ship the TV in and hoped to have some next week. They're lying. I don't believe they have a warehouse full of TV's without boxes. I'll never ever buy anything Hitachi again.

This TV was purchased from Sam's Club for use in a business. We hooked the TV up to a video conferencing unit on a commercial high-grade surge protector on a very stable 800.00 commercial TV stand. The TV was only used for an hour on 3 occasions. On the third time being used, the screen turned to just colored lines going up and down the screen. Knowing that the TV was only a few months old and we had all of our receipts, we should have nothing to worry about. HOWEVER when I contacted HITACHI to have the TV repaired they informed me that because a business had purchased the TV that the warranty was no longer valid and they would not replace or repair the TV. I was SHOCKED!! I have never heard of a manufacturer doing this.

I can only say DO NOT BUY HITACHI PRODUCTS!!! This is ludicrous behavior from a manufacturer of a product being sold by Sam's Club who sells to business. We have contacted and are in contact with Sam's Club to let them know what is going on with this manufacturer. They should not sell products from this manufacturer if this is how they treat their customers. I personally recommend to hundreds of business, products on a regular basis. I will recommend that HITACHI PRODUCTS NOT EVER be purchased under ANY circumstances as this is not the kind of support I wish anyone to have to deal with EVER. What else can I say but DO NOT BUY HITACHI PRODUCTS as they don't care and don't support the products they sell. You would be throwing your money in the trash by purchasing HITACHI Products. This is an absolutely unbelievable response too from a company this large in this day and age.

I have had my TV now for 6 years and it has been FANTASTIC! Best TV I have ever owned and would recommend to anyone and everyone. It was easy to hook up, has a beautiful picture, and the sound is fantastic. I bought it off of the Walmart website and it was delivered to my store without any problems whatsoever. I just ordered another one the same way I did the first one, only this one is a 65" HDTV with once again a great price. My 40" will go in my bedroom. Thanks HITACHI for a great product.

I buy a Hitachi tv 32" but there is no option of set the country or language as india or hindi. Thats why I cant able to see the dual audio movie and there is no other option. Please help.

The TV worked great for one & half years then all of a sudden the picture turned mostly blue & yellow with stripes. Also transparent. I'm not sure what to do. A TV should last longer than that. I do not have any paperwork on the TV.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hitachi?

While under warranty we came home to find our TV on the floor. The leg had broken causing it to fall. The Hitachi company said because it fell on the floor the warranty was no good. When the leg broke what else could happen but for the TV to fall. Bad company if they do not stand behind this. Stay away from them. Also it is a safety issue. A child could have been killed if standing or sitting on the floor when this happens. This is an issue that needs to be made public.

My TV is only 3 months old. The LED light went out. Hitachi send a TV repairman that said he could not fix it so they were supposed to email me something to sign where I could go get a new TV. This was 2 weeks ago and I still not received anything. I like the TV, I don't like being lied to from their company in California. At this point I want my money back and I never will buy from them ever again.

Most expensive TV I EVER bought. The thing is the tv sucks. Freaking horrible. Right speaker blew in 5 months. There's this horrible whining noise coming from the back of the tv. 2400.00 piece of **. No need for a #. I'll never EVER buy a Hitachi again. Funny because they used to be top notch.

Having been a TV repairman in the past I know that manufacturers fit a weak link in the TV (mainly in the Power Supply Unit) and true to form our PSU failed at about 15 months. I replaced the failed parts and the TV has lasted 7 years up to date without problem. My TV is a Hitachi 50" P50XR01U and has modular boards making it an easy repair job.

My Hitachi TV had a great picture and sound. For 2 years, I couldn't ask for a better television. After that, the problems started and never ended. There was no help from Hitachi. It had a faulty part that I was not aware of until later and I could buy a new one for what it would cost to fix mine. Never will I own a Hitachi again.

The TV is of great quality. Mine osba 65" box big screen TV that have been problem and headache free. I have for it TVs and all attachments Hitachi's.

I've bought Hitachi TV 8 years ago and never had complaints. Perfect colors, images, never needed repair, never had any problem. Highly recommended. The technology changes very fast and I am sure there are better televisions now but unit is working well, we'll keep it.

Just recently purchased a Hitachi 24" 1080p for my bedroom. Not a smart TV, but does have HDMI port and RCA jacks for audio. Picture quality is very good, but the audio is horrible. Speakers are only 2w each and are incapable of producing any realistic sound. A sound-bar or external-powered speakers are a must, even for a television that sits at the foot of the bed. TV set-up requires you to choose home mode or retail mode. This is ridiculous. Retail mode supposedly reverts back to default factory settings when powered off. Home mode is supposed to remember your setting choices at shut-down. Since when is a TV engineered to sit on a display shelf in a store instead of being sold to consumers? Home mode doesn't even remember previous volume settings. On start-up, volume is on mute and must be changed immediately to required levels.

We have had our Hitachi Ultravision Rear Projection Large Screen HDTV for over ten years and are still using it. They colors and picture remain great after all these years even though have it on more than ten hours EVERY day. The sound remains excellent without additional speakers. Some of the features include "Magic Focus" that can be used as a self-diagnostic for the picture and the colors seen. It also has Picture in Picture and Side by Side Screens which allow you to watch two football games at the same time. :-) If you like or search for a different program as you watch your favorite show.

The system also has multiple input options that allows you to have multiple antennas attached or devices such as a VCR, a DVR, and a gaming system with a simple push of the button to switch between devices. If I had to do it all over, I would gladly pay double knowing what I do now for this system! Thank you, take care and may God bless.

Have owned two, one lasted without any problems for over 12 yrs and we still use the 2nd one. Have had no problems with it. Had it 9-10 yrs. Both large screens and would recommend both.

I purchased a Hitachi 43" projection TV thru Sears on 01/24/03. We have not had one single problem in 12yrs! It's definitely been the best TV we have owned. I have no idea how many hrs. we have put on this TV, as it is used daily for a number of hrs. To be honest I have been looking for it to fail, but here it is still going into its 13th yr! The model # is 43FDX20B.

If I could give it ZERO stars I would!!! Definitely the worst service ever and I'm not speaking about the customer service but about the replacement protocol. My tv which was still under warranty went out, they referred me to a service center that promised to take care of it in 2 weeks. It took them 2 MONTHS to give the runaround and say it wasn't "cost effective" to fix my tv so they had to send me back to Hitachi. Hitachi had to send my case to "home office" so they could email me a form for my replacement tv. They stated it would take 2-3 business days, it's been 3 Weeks!!! My issue is not resolved. They're very inefficient and every day I call they state that they have no supervisor to speak to, that a supervisor will call me back within 24 hours and they don't!!!

This issue is affecting my household not just because we don't have our living room tv but because my husband is nagging at me every single day that as a housewife I do not take care of our household needs. My children don't have their living room tv and it pisses me off that NO ONE is able to help me. They can't provide a phone number to home office and they're just sitting on my paperwork doing nothing. I will NEVER buy a Hitachi Tv ever again, definitely the worst experience with a replacement object still under warranty!!!

My wife and I bought a Hitachi TV on 4/15/2015. I'm unable to register the warranty as Hitachi has unique warranty numbers and I don't have the card. The TV stopped working within 45 DAYS of purchase. I've repeatedly contacted Hitachi to no avail. TV was manufactured LESS than a YEAR ago.

Hitachi Grass Trimmer Recall. Model No.CG22EAS(SLP) - For the last 3 weeks, I have been calling Hitachi due to the trimmer being recalled. The wait time for customer service is long and when you finally reach an agent they do not know what you are talking about. I had three different agents tell me that my trimmer was not on recall although I had given them my model no. and serial no. that matched the recall number. I waited 3 hours and called back and finally got an agent that took down my information, looked it up and yes he told me that everything matched for the recall due to fire. The agent wrote down all of my personal information and assure me that I would receive a box with all instructions on how to mail my trimmer back. I have never received a box.

I again called on 6/22/2015 and after waiting for twenty minutes an agent told me that she did not know anything about a recall and again put me on hold for twenty minutes and after 20 minutes another agent answered and looked up my information and said that she couldn't understand why I didn't receive the box. My order was put in again, but she said that if I didn't receive the return box within 8 days that I would have to contact her again. I cannot believe that she said that. This incident has gotten me so sick. I had ordered the Hitachi from Amazon and was surprised that Amazon never informed me about the recall. I will never buy Hitachi products again.

Hitachi LED screen 55" ultra thin. Bought this thing new 3 years ago if that from Sam's. It developed a round black spot in the bottom corner just recently and has now failed all together. Total crap. Don't waste your money like I did. Whatever happened to products like this lasting. Junk, crap, garbage. Ship it back to manufacturer..... Totally pissed off!

Our TV stopped responding to the remote control. We unplugged it and it turned on. It has gotten progressively more difficult to get it to come on. At times we must unplug and replug as much as 8 to 10 times.. It seems as if it will respond every other time to the remote. So you must unplug twice to get a response from it. We're ready to shoot it and buy a different brand.

I bought a Hitachi tv from Argos and thought I had a bargain and yes the tv is fine apart from the smart part which is rubbish even with the dongle but it's the remote that really annoys me. It is totally crap and you can't do anything with the tv without the remote. No wonder it was cheap.

Bought online from Sam's club. Arrived on time. Took it out of the box, the little white part of the USB port fell out. On the side where you plug in the HDMI cable and USB cable you can see it's in there at an angle instead of straight. Can't even use 2 of the ports. Had it on for 4 hours, it put itself on standby and won't come back on. Called the company and was told to take it back to where I bought it. Nearest Sam's club is 2 hours away. Hitachi people didn't even try to help. Seems to me they would stand behind their products a little better and at least pretend to be concerned about their quality.

HITACHI INSPIRE THE NEXT PLASMA TV P50T501 - We purchased the product from Video 1 in the year of 2007 for $1,499.99. The television worked perfectly until the year of 2013 when we noticed a spot in the middle of the screen. Soon changed shape and grew into the shape of Africa. So in other words no help and round about answers for nothing. The spot has grown over 40% of the TV. I was advised to call a repair person. I did that and was told that the cost for someone to come out to the home would be $99.00 just for them to diagnose the problem. And that in the long run, it would problem cost more than the television original cost to us. Now the television will not boot on even after unplugging to re calibrate the TV. Also there is a blinking (4) lights followed with a pause. NO TV. I will never again purchase HITACHI products. Their customer service is ridiculous..

62VS69A LCD Projection purchased 2007 at REX TV but they are no longer in business. Replaced bulb 3 times now; has blue dots and streaks on left side. Finally bought a new TV. Can't watch it any longer. Looking to fix it, not many repair places .Went to Hitachi website, emailed them to see if they will stand by their many complaints.

I bought my 43" Hitachi Ultrascan HDTV Projection Color TV (Model 43FDX01B) from my sister in 2007. She bought it sometime in 2005 or 2006 and sold it to me because she lost her job and needed money. I must say that I have never had any problems with it. My only complaint is that I want to get rid of cable and get an indoor antenna but I don't think it has a built-in ATSC Tuner.

I have used my tv as a monitor to stream live tv and it was great. The other day connected the pc as usual but the screen went light blue. I could see the page - the pc was on but couldn't get the color to go back to normal. The tv is ok in tv mode and I have tried two other leads which do the same thing. Has anyone got any idea what this could be? I have only had the tv just over 2 months. I am not impressed.

3 yrs. old and the TV (Hitachi Ultravision) keeps cutting off. This is ridiculous. Too late to get money back? After reading the reviews I am very upset I didn't read them before I purchased the TV. Also good to know that I am not the only one out there with the same problem. Although, I feel for them. I too work hard for the $ and I cannot afford to buy a new TV or a lamp bulb. There should be a recall and every gets new bulb replacements or a new TV.

This television was purchased in 2008 and in less than 4 years, the screen color has turned blue. I am told its the optical color engine and is expensive to replace and work on. Hitachi should stand behind their product not just say it but actually do it. If this can't be repaired, then the unit should be replaced by Hitachi. It would be outstanding if Hitachi would actually reach out and repair this unit and anyone else who has problems with their product. Hitachi has done nothing to help with this problem. They have stated in not so many words, the television is out of warranty and can't do anything to help.

We bought a Hitachi TV, serial number RL2C004312, model # L40A105E. It went out after about 5 months, but is still under warranty. We called you and were referred to Video Revolution here in Tulsa, Oklahoma for warranty repair. Video Revolution said this was a pretty common problem with this TV, the boards going out. However, these boards are not in stock at Hitachi, and Hitachi has no ETA on getting the parts in. They also require the parts be ordered from them when under warranty, not anyone else.

I've been without the TV for roughly 3 and a half months. And as of today, there's still no ETA on when they will have this part. We spoke with your warranty department at 1-800-289-0980 again today, and they can't give me a date on when the part will be shipped out. I don't have use of my cable package or the use of my surround sound system I purchased just for this TV. I talked to your warranty department on 12/31/12 with the same results. Again, my TV has been out since the 1st of November 2012, and has been in the repair shop your company specified since 11/15/12.

In other words, Hitachi TV breaks while under warranty, Hitachi requires parts come from Hitachi, just no ETA on when it will be in existence again. It could be ages and has already been months. I am requesting a new TV at this point. Please have someone call me to address this issue. At this point, it's unacceptable to make a customer wait any longer with no date available for repair. As of 3/1/13, I have not heard back from Hitachi.

Hitachi TV Company Profile