Hitachi TV

Quit paying for costly home repairs

Hitachi TV

Quit paying for costly home repairs

155 Hitachi TV Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

Purchased my tv from Sam's Club about 2 years ago & just like others the picture went out but still can hear sound. Hitachi don't even allow you to talk to them if tv is 12 months or more old. Seem like they know this tv was poorly made & is just ripping us off & no one is doing anything about it. Went in Sam's Club today same tv on clearance for $279. Heck no. Never ago waste of my $500 & it is not right.

Original review: March 15, 2019

My Hitachi TV turns on with a HITACHI Sign, get into program then turns off and start again with HITACHI, It's doing regularly, what should I do. Please help me. This is happening regularly, could you tell me why?

Get expert buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 1, 2019

Purchased a Hitachi 40 inch TV from Sam's Club on 4/18/18. When I turn the channel the screen goes black. I have to turn the TV off then turn it back on to get a picture. I will never buy another Hitachi TV.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

Purchased from Sam's Club 2/2017 12/22/18. Was watching TV. It turned off and will not turn back on. No power at all. Switched plugs. Nothing. Unplugged TV. Turned back on. Nothing. No power. NJ light. Just dead. What a waste of money.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

I have had my 32" Samsung for over 4 years and I won this 43" 43HK25T74U TV model at work on Xmas do. I bought the bracket, mounted it on the wall, plugged the Chromecast and changed all my audio and picture settings to what I think are best. On the next days, the remote wouldn't turn the TV on or off. Bought new batteries and replaced the ones it came with, still the same. I asked Google to switch it on, nothing. Finally it turned on and all the settings I had changed were gone. I still struggle to switch it on as I have to unplug it and plug back in. Worst brand, worst TV, I would never ever buy one of this fake TVs in my life.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hitachi?

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

NEVER BUY A HITACHI!!! SAM's DOES NOT STAND BY ITS TV PRODUCTS!!! Same as other reviews. Purchased 55 Hitachi LED Flat Panel from Sam's Club 2 years and my screen just went black this week. Sound still intact, just no picture. Sent information to Hitachi, this is their response... "Your LE55A6R9A/CH5JL27989 is outside the coverage of Hitachi’s 12 month limited manufacturer warranty." So not only do they not build a quality product, they don't stand behind their products either. $400 disposable TV. Told to go to SEARS, told no part available - TV Repair Company wanted $200.00 to fix with no guarantee. Waste of time and money - Recall needed/Class Action!!! 13 months and rarely used bedroom TV - My LG is 16 years and going strong!!!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I purchased this Hitachi 55" TV from Sam's Club in 2016. 2 months ago I attempted to turn the TV on to watch the Morning News as I dressed for work. I got sound but no picture. I turned off/on again. Googled the issued then I unplugged and an made another attempt. Still no pic. I called the manufacturer and b/c it was beyond the 1 yr warranty, they refused to help. So I could go thru some dispute process. I have a 12 yr old Sony that works fine! I don't have money to buy new TVs every other year. I am extremely disappointed with this experience and I will never buy this product again! BUYER BEWARE. I GIVE THIS PRODUCT ZERO STARS!!!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

We purchased this television in May of 2016 from Sam's. There were several other options but we felt that Hitachi was a good name brand television since our television prior to this purchase was a projection 65" Hitachi 1080ip we bought from Conn's in 2004. We probably would have still owned this TV if my husband would not have shot the screen with a pistol in 2016. So as you can see we had the television prior for over a decade. Was expecting the same from this one. I didn't even try calling after reading the messages here and it had been over two years now since our purchase. I had the television on all day and it just shut off? Could not get it to turn back on. It was not a breaker and our television was on a surge protector? So I have no clue as to how the two year old television died. I can only assume it is not the best quality as we thought we were getting like before.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

Same as other reviews. Purchased 60 Hitachi LED Flat Panel from Sam's Club 2 years and my screen just went black this week. Sound still intact, just no picture. Tried some troubleshooting (ie. unplugged from the outlet, confirmed video display settings, etc.), but to no avail. Most LEDs are known to last for years, this Hitachi brand is just not worth it.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

Seem to be having same problem as all the other reviewers, 55" TV is 2 years old, it's a bedroom TV so limited use. Picture went out, sound fades in and out. Purchased at Sam's Club. Have had many TVs over the years that have lasted forever. Very disappointed to say the least not only for the poor quality but because it's a pain to unmount from the wall a TV of this size after such a short life. Sent information to Hitachi, this is their response... "Your LE55A6R9A/CH5JL27989 is outside the coverage of Hitachi’s 12 month limited manufacturer warranty. If you would like to appeal this decision, you may do so in writing by sending a letter to our Customer Service Appeals Committee." So not only do they not build a quality product, they don't stand behind their products either. $450 disposable TV. A complete waste of time and money :( Never again will I buy from this company.

Hitachi TV Company Information