Toshiba TV
  • 1 star
Based on 235 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Toshiba TV

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 12, 2017

454 Toshiba TV Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

My 50 inch (50L1350U) Toshiba TV went from an amazing picture to no picture with 3 1/2 years of minimal use. Last week picture suddenly went black with audio still working. We changed HDMI outlets on the TV for a temporary fix but a couple of days later black screen again. Looked online to troubleshoot. As one possible problem I bought an inverter board replacement on eBay but that was not the problem. I called a TV repair shop in my area. As soon as he heard Toshiba TV he told me "Throw it out and buy a new TV". SO disappointed with Toshiba! I would highly Not recommend any Toshiba TV unless you want to junk it after a few years. What a rip off!!!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Toshiba is resolving my complaint no ** (within warranty period). My LED TV having sound issue, I had made complaint on 6/09/ 2017. Customer care does not have any confirm solutions. They have no part available and not able to resolve the case. In Aug 2017 had issue of panel that was resolved after so much follow up, but this time no proper answer for my complaint. This is very frustrating to us. If anyone know let me know how to complaint in consumer court.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 7, 2017

My Toshiba TV is a 13-inch set that has performed well and I will not replace it with another set until it no longer works. The unit is at least 10 years old and has a great picture. I am please with this brand.

Original review: July 6, 2017

I have previously purchased this brand in the past, and have no problems with the set after having it for many years. The color, clarity and sound are of excellent quality. It's a 32-inch screen size, which is appropriate for my room size. The overall characteristics far exceed those of other TVs I have owned.

Original review: July 5, 2017

Toshiba televisions seem to be fairly reliable and can be linked to other Toshiba products. There are many viewing options so that you can adjust things to your personal preferences. Great picture and no repairs required as of yet.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toshiba?

Original review: July 3, 2017

I have had this Toshiba TV going on 8 years and not a speck of trouble. The sound and clarity of the picture is amazing and handles all my extras beautifully. I like my Blu-ray and DVR service.

Original review: July 2, 2017

We bought a 3D television and four sets of 3D glasses thinking it would be an awesome experience to have in our home. Unfortunately, to watch TV using 3D we would have to sit on the top, back of our couch!! That was the only place we could really experience the 3D viewing. It is not a very comfortable position to watch movies! So, after spending a lot of extra money for this feature we were very disappointed. Other than that disappointment, the TV has been great! It has an excellent picture.

Original review: June 29, 2017

So far, it's been an excellent television. It's about a 32 inch screen and so far it has lasted through 3 moves and still works great.

Original review: June 28, 2017

We've owned our current Toshiba TV for a number of years. I did some research before I bought it, which I highly recommend. I got a good price when I purchased it (though had I waited a couple of months for the new year, I would have gotten an even better price) and I have had no maintenance issues at all. It has a nice picture and I connected it to a Bose sound system, so the sound's excellent. It does everything one expects of a TV.

Original review: June 27, 2017

I have found all their products to be dependable and of the best quality. I've had several Toshiba televisions (as well as other products from this company). This TV is several years old, while it predates the Smart TVs - the picture is excellent and can't rationalize an update. The Toshiba TV I had before this one was 25 years old and still working perfectly before I decided I just needed a new model!

Original review: June 26, 2017

I owned this Toshiba TV for over 8 years without any problems. The TV is a 42-inch Regza model with fast response and good sound. Also, the viewing and color are fabulous.

Original review: June 23, 2017

It is a regular screen television with a DVD and VHS accessory. All three of these components have served me well over the past twenty-five years. I sincerely doubt a television these days have such components. I weathered the storm by not buying Beta when it was at war with VHS. The minority of my associates scoffed me when I opted to buy VHS. I would not turn in this television for it has all the proverbial bells and whistles I really need. Having a product that has withstood the rigors of children and grandchildren says something for the manufacturer. I would NEVER buy an American-made product for from personal experience have seen the American-made product fall apart after less than six months of use. It goes to prove that Japanese electronics put American electronics on the back burner. This even goes for automobiles.

Original review: June 22, 2017

I like Toshiba products (my previous computer was this brand, and I used it for a number of years). My current TV is also Toshiba and it is a good size for my room where it sits on top of my dresser. It's narrower top to bottom and wider sideways, but I got used to it being this configuration. The picture is very clear and the color is good. It serves me adequately.

Original review: June 18, 2017

Bought a Toshiba 50 inch LC1400 TV approximately 27 months ago. The installer made a comment to me that TV nowadays are built to last about 2 years. I scoffed. Turns out he was right. The backlight in the screen is gone and the darkness is progressing up the screen to the point that I can only see the top third. Not worth the cost to have it repaired so I now have to buy a new one, 2 years later.

Original review: June 15, 2017

We bought a new Toshiba LCD 50" tv in Dec of 2013. We had a three year warranty (mfg 1 year). We had the screen go black one time and were told to turn off the tv and turn it back on and it worked fine for a few months. Now the screen is black and you can use a flashlight to barely see a picture. We have sound. We were told it was a board that has gone out and it seems to be a frequent problem with Toshiba's. I tried calling Toshiba to see if there were any recalls. The number tells you to call another number. When I call the new number it tells you to go online. I did that but can't find any way to contact a live person to find out if there are any recalls. A tv like this should not go out after owning it for 3 1/2 years!!

Original review: June 2, 2017

Problem in 29" Led TV, Toshiba is not providing me the service. Complaint has been logged on 26-11-16. Almost 7 months nobody is there listen my complaint. Mr. Shyam ** (Manager Service) never picked up my phone. He gave me assurance 3 months back that problem will be solved. Very pathetic. I strongly recommend all buyers not to buy Toshiba products because you will never get a service.

Original review: March 13, 2017

This television has not had one repair in over 12 years. The only part that may need replaced is the on/Off button which will only work if I turn it on at the tv. Will not work with the remote and that only occurred this past year.

Original review: March 5, 2017

For a small TV it gets the job done, just nicely for a small room. Volume comes across nicely, puts out a nice clear picture even though not connected to cable, internet, DishTV.

Original review: March 3, 2017

Toshiba TV has been an excellent television, it serves me well! A very reliable television ~ wonderful picture, excellent size; however, there is one downside... The volume level could be improved. I had to purchase a sound bar!

Original review: March 2, 2017

We got this TV 2 months ago and we truly enjoy our new Toshiba and all the features it include. Great picture, perfect size for us, sound is great without surround sound added. Didn't realize how different the brands were until taking the time to use different TVs. Our other TV needs an upgrade, after viewing the new TV. We will probably buy another Toshiba.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

I am highly disappointed in PC Richard and sons. I purchased a 50 inch television not even three years ago for my mom's mother's day gift and it is not working won't even turn on. I purchased the extended warranty which of course is expired now so I figured I would go to the store to try and speak with someone hoping they would want to fix the issue being as though the tv is nowhere near old only to speak with a gentleman that basically said, "Oh well it's man made. Your warranty is expired. Pay for someone to come out and look at it or buy another tv." Are you kidding me! I am so angry I thought pc richard and sons stood by their products. I could understand if the tv was 5 or more years old but my god not even three years and it was a mother's day gift.

My mom was so happy to get it and now to have to tell her she has to pay someone to come take a look at it and if not fixable has to purchase another one is mind boggling. I also purchased another tv the same exact day and put it in my home and it is working fine also purchased one for my living room that I have had for 10 years and it is working fine so why hers isn't working is crazy to me. This is unacceptable. It would be nice if I could hear from a higher up to try and get this issue resolved!!!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

I had registered a complaint about my 40'' led tv (Toshiba tv 40l2400) that its not working from 25 Dec 2016. Complaint number is **, after that nobody had come to check that. Then after 4 days I received a call from a service center name OM AIRCOM Solution that they are from Toshiba and asked the problem. Then they said "it's a problem of your panel" and they will repair the tv within 2 to 3 days but now it's 40 days had been gone and nobody had come at my home to repair it. I had called many times to the customer care team and every time they said that "your panel is in Bengaluru warehouse and it will reach to service center soon." I think Toshiba don't care about their customer and they don't want to make loyal customer in India. Very pathetic service TOSHIBA. 40 days had gone but nobody had come and there is no solution provided. I will recommend to all that don't buy the products of TOSHIBA. POOR POOR POOR service.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

55SV670U - I purchases this high dollar TV less than 7 years ago. Within the first year there were issues with this television. The Main board was replaced due to a weird double picture and echo audio problem. Within a few months the problem returned. Keep in mind the tv is now less than 2 years old. Turning the tv off for a few minutes then back on usually helped with restoring it back to normal. The next problem was the red, blue and green vertical lines and dark spots on the screen that lasted for about a year before the tv finally would only display a blue screen when turned on. Now I have an expensive Toshiba paperweight sitting in my living room. This is the worst tv I've ever purchased in my life! Toshiba customer service is nonexistent. I see a class action lawsuit in the future to compensate the tens of thousands or millions who have wasted money on these beautiful yet worthless televisions.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2016

Bought Toshiba 47L6200U TV from TigerDirect in August of 2012 and after a recent firmware update it is stuck on the red Toshiba logo when it is turned on. After doing some research online, many people have the same issue. Contacted Toshiba and they were absolutely no help. It seems this TV has a defect and Toshiba will not stand by their product. The TV needs a new mainboard and the part is not in stock anywhere. My options are to throw the TV into the dump or buy a used mainboard that may have the same problem. I will never buy another Toshiba product again (have bought to laptops in the past) and will not recommend their products to anyone. Feeling duped.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2016

4 yr old TV - Screen stays on for ten seconds then goes black. Cable output continues but without picture. Went online and guess what? Toshiba no longer offers any support for TVs. AVOID TOSHIBA AT ALL COSTS. It's a corporation that does not stand behind its products.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2016

I purchased two 50" Toshiba tvs #50L3400U on 4-29-14. Before the year was up I began having trouble with both of them. They sent a tech out to replace all the boards in both tvs. [They would not respond to remote or manual commands.] This fixed prob for a while. Now 10-26-2016 tv #1 only 1/2 screen lights up. I'm done. I went out and bought a samsung. I will never buy anything from Toshiba again. Tv # two still has command problems.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2016

We purchased a Toshiba 49" flat screen. When we got it home and hooked it up, the base had a wobble to it, so we contacted Best Buy. They stated that if there were issues, the manufacturer would be responsible with the warranty. We were nervous but went ahead and set it up with the base that came with the tv. It fell over, smashing the screen and breaking our PlayStation in the process. We contacted Toshiba. After many unreturned phone calls, a visit from Best Buy (who stated the base was MADE incorrectly), we got a denial for the warranty.

I contacted the attorney general. The letter I just received from them stated they could not go further with Toshiba because they were uncooperative. The letter Toshiba sent the attorney general stated that we assembled the base incorrectly. Well the legs only logically fit in one way and we used the instructions so that would be a no. I am contacting Toshiba one last time to resolve this matter. I purchased a tv from a different manufacturer because I don't trust them with any other issues that may arise with a new tv. We will not purchase their equipment for our home or their AC units for our HVAC business. They will never receive another dollar from us. Save yourself some frustration and buy a tv from someone else. Their call center is also in India and they couldn't understand anything we were saying to them.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2016

I purchased a Toshiba LED television just over 3 1/2 years ago. About 3 months ago the television would turn on but I would only get audio--no video. I had to take my television to a local repair shop to fix the problem. It turned out that a diode had to be replaced. Toshiba no longer supplied the diode. The part had to be shipped from China. Apparently this problem with Toshiba televisions is not uncommon.

I contacted Toshiba online with suggestions on how to fix the problem. Also, since the television was only 3 1/2 years old I asked Toshiba if it would help with the cost of fixing the television. I asked for the name of someone to whom I could talk about my problem. Toshiba's online service was of no use at all. Customer service from Toshiba was non-existent. A television should last longer than 3 1/2 years. Also, the manufacturer should stand behind its product. Fortunately my local television repair shop was able to fix the problem. No more Toshiba products in my future.

Original review: July 28, 2016

I have owned a Toshiba 55" TV when the co-axial cable input fell out of the back of the tv. I waited 3 months for parts when they finally told me parts aren't available so they would replace. They came by and then told me it isn't warrantied and I basically out the money I paid for it. They said the TV was gouged in the back. I told they I would go to the store and if anyone could tell the difference between mine and one in the store I would buy them a new TV... Mine is not gouged and looks brand new.

Original review: July 15, 2016

We called Toshiba and in order to talk to someone in service we must pay a fee. What is wrong with customer service these days? We have used this TV for not quite 3 years and the screen is black, sound but no picture. Are they built to last this short a time?

Toshiba expert review by ConsumerAffairs

• Large format sizes: Toshiba TVs are ideal if you need televisions in a bar or office, as they are geared more toward commercial- and professional-grade large-format displays. The 4K Ultra HD displays are built to last with a three-year warranty.

• 4K Ultra HD: Superior picture quality is achieved with this new technology.

• 3-year warranty: A long warranty covers you against damages.

• Larger than life: Use more than one screen to create video walls. The MontageSeries' ultraslim 3.5mm bezel-width edges seamlessly blend together to create one giant screen.

• Superior refresh rate: At 120Hz refresh rate, Toshiba delivers twice the refresh rate of standard display screens so moving images are displayed without any motion blur.

• Best for: Researchers and movie and TV connoisseurs.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs