Toshiba TV

Quit paying for costly home repairs

Toshiba TV Reviews

Quit paying for costly home repairs

483 Toshiba TV Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 18, 2019

I really like the Toshiba brand. It was worth the money I spent on the TV. I spent $4k on this smart TV and thank goodness that I have had an issue. I purchased a laptop a few years prior and did not have any issues with it so I thought why not a TV.

Original review: March 17, 2019

Great TV because the Toshiba has great color and screen is clear and large. Have had no problems with this TV and had one made by Toshiba before of smaller screen size which lasted many years. Sound is great and clear so will end with this is a great TV and made by great company.

Get expert buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 15, 2019

Has served me very well over the past seven years. Never needed to call for repair nor any issues for that matter. Needed a second TV four years ago and purchased a second Toshiba. As with the first purchase, I have not experienced any issues. The performance, colours and appearance are great. The shape is great and more so the stand is very secure.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I love the white look of this set, and that it is a DVD/TV combo - it has never needed a repair, and the picture is pretty good - though the picture on my '84 Mitsubishi was a bit better. Like other newer sets, have it hooked up to computer speakers because of the tinny sound.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I have a Toshiba 32" and I have had no problem so far. Bright, Loud, Clear, no buzz, no hums. It on all night. Cut off at noon and turn back on at 4 or 5. I've had the flat screen since 2014. The price was right to purchase around $89 - $99. I'm enjoying it. I guess when it shuts down I'll need another one. Good product.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toshiba?

Original review: July 4, 2019

This is probably the worst TV I've ever spent money on. It constantly freezes, is thoroughly laggy through menu operations, states not connected even though everything is connected to the net with no other issues, stops loading off Netflix regularly at 20%. These are not fit for intended purpose and Toshiba deserves to go bust for making such a useless piece of cr*p. Avoid at all costs... Buy a Panasonic instead.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I program Custom System Remote Controls For this customer, we installed this TV on a wall, along with Alexis, HD Cable Box, Fire TV, DVD Player, etc. Programing this, I learned the following: 1. The cheap little Remote only does Bluetooth control. No IR, No RF control. There are very few controls on the Remote. We programmed a Harmony Touch Remote with Harmony Hub. Whether you like Blutooth, or not, it does not have wide bandwidth, so fidelity is not too good. We set up IR, RF Control thru the Hub, with very minimal success. easily controlled the CATV Box, DVD, Alexa, Fire TV, but not for this cheap, made in China TV. Unless you can find Toshiba Hex Codes, you are out of luck.

Having spoken with a Superviser in Mexico. I laid it all out to him, & good or Bad; I told him all about this. (He was not happy). He was not happy to hear the truth. His Response to me was: This is not a "high End TV". It is what it is. It is not meant to work with Customization, it is made for a cheap, & undecerning customer. They do not, & will not support the advanced control that we provide. They could not care less about programmer's trying to customize anything. He said, if you don't like it, return it! How is that for BALLS? This is not the Toshiba Company that was 10, 20, 30 years ago. If you are a simpleton, & don't care about this, so be it.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I own 4 televisions, including a Sony, Panasonic, and Samsung. The Toshiba 55 inch is the best of the 4 in picture quality. All the others are very good brands, but I really think this Toshiba tops them all.

Original review: March 13, 2019

We bought a 46" Toshiba flat screen roughly 10 years ago. The picture was amazing at that time and is still amazing today. The picture quality is as good if not better than some current TVs on the market. I would definitely recommend Toshiba...

Original review: March 12, 2019

I bought this Toshiba 55” flat screen only 4 years ago, and it had now started blinking black every 3-5 seconds after the TV warms up. It is extremely frustrating and I’m very upset about this happening.

Toshiba expert review by ConsumerAffairs

• Large format sizes: Toshiba TVs are ideal if you need televisions in a bar or office, as they are geared more toward commercial- and professional-grade large-format displays. The 4K Ultra HD displays are built to last with a three-year warranty.

• 4K Ultra HD: Superior picture quality is achieved with this new technology.

• 3-year warranty: A long warranty covers you against damages.

• Larger than life: Use more than one screen to create video walls. The MontageSeries' ultraslim 3.5mm bezel-width edges seamlessly blend together to create one giant screen.

• Superior refresh rate: At 120Hz refresh rate, Toshiba delivers twice the refresh rate of standard display screens so moving images are displayed without any motion blur.

• Best for: Researchers and movie and TV connoisseurs.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs