Toshiba TV
2.12/5
Based on 245 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Toshiba TV Reviews

464 Toshiba TV Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Picture keeps going can, on and off. Sound keeps working. Don't buy from Toshiba once you buy it... IT'S YOURS! If you do, get ready for phone calls that cost you time + the cost of the tv... I wonder why the people on the service line can't speak English. Just part of the scam. You have been warned.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

Toshiba TV, CT-90325. Today, out of the blue, my tv quit working. When I turned the tv on, it flashed the Toshiba logo as it always does, but that was it. There was no picture or sound. I tried troubleshooting, but when that didn’t work I contacted Toshiba. The language barrier made communication difficult. I had to repeat myself several times, he had to repeat himself, and continually talked over me. As soon as he learned my tv was 5-6 years old he said he couldn’t help, and gave me a different number to call. I tried to ask a question but he wouldn’t answer and again stated I needed to call the other number. When I called that number the automated voice informed me that Toshiba no longer offered assistance for tv’s over 2 years old. Horrible customer service! Stay away!!!

Get expert buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 16, 2018

I don't recommend any product made by Toshiba based on their lack of Customer Support. Not only is my Toshiba product unsupported but after speaking with multiple people throughout the company not one gave me any hint that they could help me, only a clear message of... "Dunno, this isn't our dept." Well from now on Toshiba is not a company I will ever use.

Original review: May 10, 2018

We've never had a problem with our TV. Our Toshiba has served our purposes for several years now. There are only 2 reasons we would replace this TV, if it developed a problem needing repair or we would see another TV with better picture or better options.

Original review: May 4, 2018

Good purchase price and does the basics well. I think Toshiba TV are all pretty much the same. In my case, find the size I want at or about the price I want to pay. Have tried many brands over the years and find it depends on where you buy it, not what brand you buy. Nobody fixes TVs anymore! Have 2 flatscreens in my locker.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toshiba?

Original review: April 29, 2018

Toshiba decided to suddenly cull its support of YouTube as far as Network connections are concerned. Now it seems this has been done with Netflix too. "Toshiba Places" which allows one to connect to servers and access Netflix does no longer work. No choice left but bin the TV and buy a new one... NOT TOSHIBA!

Original review: April 29, 2018

Our Toshiba is 32 inches and we bought it for less than $200. Its performance has been great, and it looks great as well. It’s got plenty of HDMI space and even USB spaces. We purchased it at Best Buy.

Original review: March 2, 2018

I'm very happy with my choice. I'm a senior citizen that need a TV I can operate. I don't want to purchase something I can't operate. I also like the price of the TV and the Quality of the picture.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I purchased a 50 in LED and a 39 in LED TV in July 2013. The 50 in went out and they said it was the motherboard. A year later it started again problems turning on. It went out in November and has not come on since. It has been a problem trying to contact Toshiba for help. I think this TV is defective. Such a waste of money on the 50 and the 39 is still working and I have a Proscan I purchased in 2008 and it is showing the best picture ever. Never will purchase a Toshiba product again.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

Never used Toshiba before until my Ex brought this home. I was amazed in the quality of the picture from my smart T.V. It also has a sleek look and the big 60" Flat Screen gives amazing performance along with features that all smart T.V. usually has. It has great color, sound, Energy Saving Flat Screen and graphics feel like 3D. Overall great Smart T.V. Great Buy for the Quality I receive. Would Recommend this product.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

My 50 inch (50L1350U) Toshiba TV went from an amazing picture to no picture with 3 1/2 years of minimal use. Last week picture suddenly went black with audio still working. We changed HDMI outlets on the TV for a temporary fix but a couple of days later black screen again. Looked online to troubleshoot. As one possible problem I bought an inverter board replacement on eBay but that was not the problem. I called a TV repair shop in my area. As soon as he heard Toshiba TV he told me "Throw it out and buy a new TV". SO disappointed with Toshiba! I would highly Not recommend any Toshiba TV unless you want to junk it after a few years. What a rip off!!!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Toshiba is resolving my complaint no ** (within warranty period). My LED TV having sound issue, I had made complaint on 6/09/ 2017. Customer care does not have any confirm solutions. They have no part available and not able to resolve the case. In Aug 2017 had issue of panel that was resolved after so much follow up, but this time no proper answer for my complaint. This is very frustrating to us. If anyone know let me know how to complaint in consumer court.

Original review: July 7, 2017

My Toshiba TV is a 13-inch set that has performed well and I will not replace it with another set until it no longer works. The unit is at least 10 years old and has a great picture. I am please with this brand.

Original review: July 6, 2017

I have previously purchased this brand in the past, and have no problems with the set after having it for many years. The color, clarity and sound are of excellent quality. It's a 32-inch screen size, which is appropriate for my room size. The overall characteristics far exceed those of other TVs I have owned.

Original review: July 5, 2017

Toshiba televisions seem to be fairly reliable and can be linked to other Toshiba products. There are many viewing options so that you can adjust things to your personal preferences. Great picture and no repairs required as of yet.

Original review: July 3, 2017

I have had this Toshiba TV going on 8 years and not a speck of trouble. The sound and clarity of the picture is amazing and handles all my extras beautifully. I like my Blu-ray and DVR service.

Original review: July 2, 2017

We bought a 3D television and four sets of 3D glasses thinking it would be an awesome experience to have in our home. Unfortunately, to watch TV using 3D we would have to sit on the top, back of our couch!! That was the only place we could really experience the 3D viewing. It is not a very comfortable position to watch movies! So, after spending a lot of extra money for this feature we were very disappointed. Other than that disappointment, the TV has been great! It has an excellent picture.

Original review: June 29, 2017

So far, it's been an excellent television. It's about a 32 inch screen and so far it has lasted through 3 moves and still works great.

Original review: June 28, 2017

We've owned our current Toshiba TV for a number of years. I did some research before I bought it, which I highly recommend. I got a good price when I purchased it (though had I waited a couple of months for the new year, I would have gotten an even better price) and I have had no maintenance issues at all. It has a nice picture and I connected it to a Bose sound system, so the sound's excellent. It does everything one expects of a TV.

Original review: June 27, 2017

I have found all their products to be dependable and of the best quality. I've had several Toshiba televisions (as well as other products from this company). This TV is several years old, while it predates the Smart TVs - the picture is excellent and can't rationalize an update. The Toshiba TV I had before this one was 25 years old and still working perfectly before I decided I just needed a new model!

Original review: June 26, 2017

I owned this Toshiba TV for over 8 years without any problems. The TV is a 42-inch Regza model with fast response and good sound. Also, the viewing and color are fabulous.

Original review: June 23, 2017

It is a regular screen television with a DVD and VHS accessory. All three of these components have served me well over the past twenty-five years. I sincerely doubt a television these days have such components. I weathered the storm by not buying Beta when it was at war with VHS. The minority of my associates scoffed me when I opted to buy VHS. I would not turn in this television for it has all the proverbial bells and whistles I really need. Having a product that has withstood the rigors of children and grandchildren says something for the manufacturer. I would NEVER buy an American-made product for from personal experience have seen the American-made product fall apart after less than six months of use. It goes to prove that Japanese electronics put American electronics on the back burner. This even goes for automobiles.

Original review: June 22, 2017

I like Toshiba products (my previous computer was this brand, and I used it for a number of years). My current TV is also Toshiba and it is a good size for my room where it sits on top of my dresser. It's narrower top to bottom and wider sideways, but I got used to it being this configuration. The picture is very clear and the color is good. It serves me adequately.

Original review: June 18, 2017

Bought a Toshiba 50 inch LC1400 TV approximately 27 months ago. The installer made a comment to me that TV nowadays are built to last about 2 years. I scoffed. Turns out he was right. The backlight in the screen is gone and the darkness is progressing up the screen to the point that I can only see the top third. Not worth the cost to have it repaired so I now have to buy a new one, 2 years later.

Original review: June 15, 2017

We bought a new Toshiba LCD 50" tv in Dec of 2013. We had a three year warranty (mfg 1 year). We had the screen go black one time and were told to turn off the tv and turn it back on and it worked fine for a few months. Now the screen is black and you can use a flashlight to barely see a picture. We have sound. We were told it was a board that has gone out and it seems to be a frequent problem with Toshiba's. I tried calling Toshiba to see if there were any recalls. The number tells you to call another number. When I call the new number it tells you to go online. I did that but can't find any way to contact a live person to find out if there are any recalls. A tv like this should not go out after owning it for 3 1/2 years!!

Original review: June 2, 2017

Problem in 29" Led TV, Toshiba is not providing me the service. Complaint has been logged on 26-11-16. Almost 7 months nobody is there listen my complaint. Mr. Shyam ** (Manager Service) never picked up my phone. He gave me assurance 3 months back that problem will be solved. Very pathetic. I strongly recommend all buyers not to buy Toshiba products because you will never get a service.

Original review: March 13, 2017

This television has not had one repair in over 12 years. The only part that may need replaced is the on/Off button which will only work if I turn it on at the tv. Will not work with the remote and that only occurred this past year.

Original review: March 5, 2017

For a small TV it gets the job done, just nicely for a small room. Volume comes across nicely, puts out a nice clear picture even though not connected to cable, internet, DishTV.

Original review: March 3, 2017

Toshiba TV has been an excellent television, it serves me well! A very reliable television ~ wonderful picture, excellent size; however, there is one downside... The volume level could be improved. I had to purchase a sound bar!

Original review: March 2, 2017

We got this TV 2 months ago and we truly enjoy our new Toshiba and all the features it include. Great picture, perfect size for us, sound is great without surround sound added. Didn't realize how different the brands were until taking the time to use different TVs. Our other TV needs an upgrade, after viewing the new TV. We will probably buy another Toshiba.

Toshiba expert review by ConsumerAffairs

• Large format sizes: Toshiba TVs are ideal if you need televisions in a bar or office, as they are geared more toward commercial- and professional-grade large-format displays. The 4K Ultra HD displays are built to last with a three-year warranty.

• 4K Ultra HD: Superior picture quality is achieved with this new technology.

• 3-year warranty: A long warranty covers you against damages.

• Larger than life: Use more than one screen to create video walls. The MontageSeries' ultraslim 3.5mm bezel-width edges seamlessly blend together to create one giant screen.

• Superior refresh rate: At 120Hz refresh rate, Toshiba delivers twice the refresh rate of standard display screens so moving images are displayed without any motion blur.

• Best for: Researchers and movie and TV connoisseurs.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

New York
NY
www.toshiba.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business