2.21/5

Toshiba TV Reviews

482 Toshiba TV Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 18, 2019

I really like the Toshiba brand. It was worth the money I spent on the TV. I spent $4k on this smart TV and thank goodness that I have had an issue. I purchased a laptop a few years prior and did not have any issues with it so I thought why not a TV.

Original review: March 17, 2019

Great TV because the Toshiba has great color and screen is clear and large. Have had no problems with this TV and had one made by Toshiba before of smaller screen size which lasted many years. Sound is great and clear so will end with this is a great TV and made by great company.

Get expert buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 15, 2019

Has served me very well over the past seven years. Never needed to call for repair nor any issues for that matter. Needed a second TV four years ago and purchased a second Toshiba. As with the first purchase, I have not experienced any issues. The performance, colours and appearance are great. The shape is great and more so the stand is very secure.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I love the white look of this set, and that it is a DVD/TV combo - it has never needed a repair, and the picture is pretty good - though the picture on my '84 Mitsubishi was a bit better. Like other newer sets, have it hooked up to computer speakers because of the tinny sound.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I have a Toshiba 32" and I have had no problem so far. Bright, Loud, Clear, no buzz, no hums. It on all night. Cut off at noon and turn back on at 4 or 5. I've had the flat screen since 2014. The price was right to purchase around $89 - $99. I'm enjoying it. I guess when it shuts down I'll need another one. Good product.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toshiba?

Original review: March 15, 2019

I program Custom System Remote Controls For this customer, we installed this TV on a wall, along with Alexis, HD Cable Box, Fire TV, DVD Player, etc. Programing this, I learned the following: 1. The cheap little Remote only does Bluetooth control. No IR, No RF control. There are very few controls on the Remote. We programmed a Harmony Touch Remote with Harmony Hub. Whether you like Blutooth, or not, it does not have wide bandwidth, so fidelity is not too good. We set up IR, RF Control thru the Hub, with very minimal success. easily controlled the CATV Box, DVD, Alexa, Fire TV, but not for this cheap, made in China TV. Unless you can find Toshiba Hex Codes, you are out of luck.

Having spoken with a Superviser in Mexico. I laid it all out to him, & good or Bad; I told him all about this. (He was not happy). He was not happy to hear the truth. His Response to me was: This is not a "high End TV". It is what it is. It is not meant to work with Customization, it is made for a cheap, & undecerning customer. They do not, & will not support the advanced control that we provide. They could not care less about programmer's trying to customize anything. He said, if you don't like it, return it! How is that for BALLS? This is not the Toshiba Company that was 10, 20, 30 years ago. If you are a simpleton, & don't care about this, so be it.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I own 4 televisions, including a Sony, Panasonic, and Samsung. The Toshiba 55 inch is the best of the 4 in picture quality. All the others are very good brands, but I really think this Toshiba tops them all.

Original review: March 13, 2019

We bought a 46" Toshiba flat screen roughly 10 years ago. The picture was amazing at that time and is still amazing today. The picture quality is as good if not better than some current TVs on the market. I would definitely recommend Toshiba...

Original review: March 12, 2019

I bought this Toshiba 55” flat screen only 4 years ago, and it had now started blinking black every 3-5 seconds after the TV warms up. It is extremely frustrating and I’m very upset about this happening.

Original review: March 7, 2019

We tried other brands and took them back due to sound quality, missing pixels etc. We brought this Toshiba TV home and have never regretted it. The sound is good, the picture is good, it has good options for picture size etc. No problems with it whatsoever.

Original review: March 6, 2019

We have had our tv for over 10 years. The picture is still incredibly clear. We never have a problem with gameplay. The Roku works great. It's easy to reset screen size and navigate the controls. The sound is awesome. I would buy another one in a heartbeat.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I rushed into buying this and never really checked it out. All apps are foreign. Very poor setup. Had a logic before cheaper and better. Could not download Amazon app. Tried Toshiba customer services. Took four days before I could get hold of anyone. Not good.

Original review: March 4, 2019

The three Toshibas we have purchased have handled teenagers and guests. (Oldest Toshiba is 22 years). Picture has always been clear, and contrasts with colors spectacular. Would buy toshiba again.

Original review: March 3, 2019

Toshiba has always been the best bang for the buck. Best Buy almost always has the 55" and 65" 1080 and 4K tv's on sale. Very few problems. I have purchased three of these, upgrading sizes each time.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

Was a fine 55" UHD TV while it lasted I suppose, but only lasting barely 2 years is rather lousy lifespan with light use. Get what you pay for I guess, never again will I purchase this Best Buy crap! Pay a few bucks more and get a Samsung or Sony, my Bravia is almost 10 years old and only 1 dead pixel.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Toshiba does not even give an option in their menu to connect to the internet. There is absolutely nothing you can do. This is a 60 inch TV. You just have to hope and pray that it connects. And most of the time it doesn't. I am not one of those people who say I will never buy Toshiba or other products ever again. But! I will surely hold back at looking at one. Phillips has always delivered. So my little 42' Phillips Magnavox is going back. Off to the pawnshop Toshiba TV.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

My Toshiba Smart TV is the worst electrical item I have ever purchased. It regularly turns itself off and then on again; it defaults to the media setting frequently which is so annoying; the WiFi turns off all the time and so has to be rebooted. Do not buy a Toshiba TV as my one is a complete waste of money - pay a bit more and get a decent TV.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

Toshiba TV stopped working at 15 months. On the phone with Toshiba for 1hr 20min, with sub-par customer service and no support to resolve the issue, as the warranty just expired. TVs should not be dispensable like this. Will NEVER buy Toshiba again. Buyer beware!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Picture keeps going can, on and off. Sound keeps working. Don't buy from Toshiba once you buy it... IT'S YOURS! If you do, get ready for phone calls that cost you time + the cost of the tv... I wonder why the people on the service line can't speak English. Just part of the scam. You have been warned.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

Toshiba TV, CT-90325. Today, out of the blue, my tv quit working. When I turned the tv on, it flashed the Toshiba logo as it always does, but that was it. There was no picture or sound. I tried troubleshooting, but when that didn’t work I contacted Toshiba. The language barrier made communication difficult. I had to repeat myself several times, he had to repeat himself, and continually talked over me. As soon as he learned my tv was 5-6 years old he said he couldn’t help, and gave me a different number to call. I tried to ask a question but he wouldn’t answer and again stated I needed to call the other number. When I called that number the automated voice informed me that Toshiba no longer offered assistance for tv’s over 2 years old. Horrible customer service! Stay away!!!

Original review: July 16, 2018

I don't recommend any product made by Toshiba based on their lack of Customer Support. Not only is my Toshiba product unsupported but after speaking with multiple people throughout the company not one gave me any hint that they could help me, only a clear message of... "Dunno, this isn't our dept." Well from now on Toshiba is not a company I will ever use.

Original review: May 10, 2018

We've never had a problem with our TV. Our Toshiba has served our purposes for several years now. There are only 2 reasons we would replace this TV, if it developed a problem needing repair or we would see another TV with better picture or better options.

Original review: May 4, 2018

Good purchase price and does the basics well. I think Toshiba TV are all pretty much the same. In my case, find the size I want at or about the price I want to pay. Have tried many brands over the years and find it depends on where you buy it, not what brand you buy. Nobody fixes TVs anymore! Have 2 flatscreens in my locker.

Original review: April 29, 2018

Toshiba decided to suddenly cull its support of YouTube as far as Network connections are concerned. Now it seems this has been done with Netflix too. "Toshiba Places" which allows one to connect to servers and access Netflix does no longer work. No choice left but bin the TV and buy a new one... NOT TOSHIBA!

Original review: April 29, 2018

Our Toshiba is 32 inches and we bought it for less than $200. Its performance has been great, and it looks great as well. It’s got plenty of HDMI space and even USB spaces. We purchased it at Best Buy.

Original review: March 2, 2018

I'm very happy with my choice. I'm a senior citizen that need a TV I can operate. I don't want to purchase something I can't operate. I also like the price of the TV and the Quality of the picture.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I purchased a 50 in LED and a 39 in LED TV in July 2013. The 50 in went out and they said it was the motherboard. A year later it started again problems turning on. It went out in November and has not come on since. It has been a problem trying to contact Toshiba for help. I think this TV is defective. Such a waste of money on the 50 and the 39 is still working and I have a Proscan I purchased in 2008 and it is showing the best picture ever. Never will purchase a Toshiba product again.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

Never used Toshiba before until my Ex brought this home. I was amazed in the quality of the picture from my smart T.V. It also has a sleek look and the big 60" Flat Screen gives amazing performance along with features that all smart T.V. usually has. It has great color, sound, Energy Saving Flat Screen and graphics feel like 3D. Overall great Smart T.V. Great Buy for the Quality I receive. Would Recommend this product.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

My 50 inch (50L1350U) Toshiba TV went from an amazing picture to no picture with 3 1/2 years of minimal use. Last week picture suddenly went black with audio still working. We changed HDMI outlets on the TV for a temporary fix but a couple of days later black screen again. Looked online to troubleshoot. As one possible problem I bought an inverter board replacement on eBay but that was not the problem. I called a TV repair shop in my area. As soon as he heard Toshiba TV he told me "Throw it out and buy a new TV". SO disappointed with Toshiba! I would highly Not recommend any Toshiba TV unless you want to junk it after a few years. What a rip off!!!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Toshiba is resolving my complaint no ** (within warranty period). My LED TV having sound issue, I had made complaint on 6/09/ 2017. Customer care does not have any confirm solutions. They have no part available and not able to resolve the case. In Aug 2017 had issue of panel that was resolved after so much follow up, but this time no proper answer for my complaint. This is very frustrating to us. If anyone know let me know how to complaint in consumer court.

Toshiba expert review by ConsumerAffairs

• Large format sizes: Toshiba TVs are ideal if you need televisions in a bar or office, as they are geared more toward commercial- and professional-grade large-format displays. The 4K Ultra HD displays are built to last with a three-year warranty.

• 4K Ultra HD: Superior picture quality is achieved with this new technology.

• 3-year warranty: A long warranty covers you against damages.

• Larger than life: Use more than one screen to create video walls. The MontageSeries' ultraslim 3.5mm bezel-width edges seamlessly blend together to create one giant screen.

• Superior refresh rate: At 120Hz refresh rate, Toshiba delivers twice the refresh rate of standard display screens so moving images are displayed without any motion blur.

• Best for: Researchers and movie and TV connoisseurs.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs