Toshiba TV Reviews

Toshiba TV
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.82/5

Toshiba TV Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toshiba TV?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toshiba?

Original review: May 7, 2021

I bought this TV for just under $500 in 2017 or 2018. There were a few times that it blacked out on me and I thought it was busted. However, I found that unplugging it for five minutes and plugging it back in forced it to do a hard reset, which solved the issue every time. There are a lot of bad reviews for this issue, but honestly, I've had my Samsung and LG TVs do the same thing before. Electronics will occasionally have a mind of their own. The only reason I'm selling it now is because the person buying my home from me wants to buy it from me since it is already hanging pleasantly on the wall. They are willing to pay $500 for it, so I figured, why not? If Toshiba made a TV that was 80" plus, I would consider buying another if the price was fair.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

Only had this chrome cast tv 2 years this month. It will not come on any more. It was working fine and the next day I try to turn it on it stayed on for 5 seconds and now it just blinks back out when I turn it on. I have seen a lot of people with the same problem. Is there a recall on this tv.

Get buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

So less than two years ago I purchased this 50” Toshiba TV for my guest room. The TV has probably been used less than 50 times, since it is primarily for guests. The TV suddenly stopped turning on. I phoned Tech Support and the first gentleman hung up on me the 2nd young women I spoke with was trying to help however she informed me that since the TV was now over a year old that it was out of warranty and there were really no options. Does anyone remember the days when you had the one family television for your entire life and even when you moved away that old TV was still working and just fine over 25 years later. Why is everything made to be disposable, with no regard for workmanship or integrity. Very sad. I will NOT be buying a Toshiba anything going forward!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

Toshiba ads appear 100% of time on side of TV screen. I spoke to someone at tech support at Toshiba. It ran an ad about 20% wide and vertically on the left side of the TV screen - then every 15 seconds, it switched to the other side - and back and forth. The tech did NOT help me as to removing the continuous ad. It was and still is VERY ANNOYING while watching a TV program. I asked to speak to his supervisor. He said, "One moment, please." I was on-hold for 38 minutes and then got the dial tone. This was totally unacceptable. I will NEVER deal with Toshiba again.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

My reason it’s not the most popular TV on the list, it’s low cost, great features has given me great service and comfort. I have purchased before some of the top brands and was disappointed in the quality of service from them. I know my selection is not a top contender TV, so what it’s serving me well. Earnestly, P. **

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

I guess I don’t see a lot of difference except in size of course. I have a Toshiba and have had no problems with it, except it’s not big enough! I just have local TV and it comes in fine. Picture is clear and sound is great.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2019

I had a refurbished Toshiba tvcr and it lasted over 5 years. Until the visual suddenly went out, there were never any problems with audio or picture and I liked the screen. It was made to last and not harsh on the eyes.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

Bought the TV many years ago and have been very pleased with this TV. The color; sound and easy use is good. I have not had concern or problems. I do not recall when I purchased this TV but I know it is 5-10 years old. Would buy another TV from Toshiba. Great product.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

I have a Big Back Toshiba in my bedroom since 1996 and it's still going strong. No issues with it. I know it's obsolete today but I believe it's put together better than my flat screen Samsung in my living room which blinks out what seems like every 30 days, I have to unplug everything and restart to get it to function the way it's suppose to.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

Best value for 4K TV with Chromecast and a great picture and features. Light weight, 55 inch, easy to set up and maintain. Compatible with our surround sound, cable and dvd systems. Store assistance was also instrumental in decision to buy this product as well. Previous ownership of a high quality 44 inch projector tv have us the experience with the manufacturer to help us decide on the maker of this component.

Toshiba author review by ConsumerAffairs

• Large format sizes: Toshiba TVs are ideal if you need televisions in a bar or office, as they are geared more toward commercial- and professional-grade large-format displays. The 4K Ultra HD displays are built to last with a three-year warranty.

• 4K Ultra HD: Superior picture quality is achieved with this new technology.

• 3-year warranty: A long warranty covers you against damages.

• Larger than life: Use more than one screen to create video walls. The MontageSeries' ultraslim 3.5mm bezel-width edges seamlessly blend together to create one giant screen.

• Superior refresh rate: At 120Hz refresh rate, Toshiba delivers twice the refresh rate of standard display screens so moving images are displayed without any motion blur.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team