Toshiba TV

Toshiba TV Reviews

3.2/5 (715 ratings)

About Toshiba TV Reviews

Toshiba TV Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toshiba TV?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toshiba?

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

So less than two years ago I purchased this 50” Toshiba TV for my guest room. The TV has probably been used less than 50 times, since it is primarily for guests. The TV suddenly stopped turning on. I phoned Tech Support and the first gentleman hung up on me the 2nd young women I spoke with was trying to help however she informed me that since the TV was now over a year old that it was out of warranty and there were really no options. Does anyone remember the days when you had the one family television for your entire life and even when you moved away that old TV was still working and just fine over 25 years later. Why is everything made to be disposable, with no regard for workmanship or integrity. Very sad. I will NOT be buying a Toshiba anything going forward!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

Toshiba ads appear 100% of time on side of TV screen. I spoke to someone at tech support at Toshiba. It ran an ad about 20% wide and vertically on the left side of the TV screen - then every 15 seconds, it switched to the other side - and back and forth. The tech did NOT help me as to removing the continuous ad. It was and still is VERY ANNOYING while watching a TV program. I asked to speak to his supervisor. He said, "One moment, please." I was on-hold for 38 minutes and then got the dial tone. This was totally unacceptable. I will NEVER deal with Toshiba again.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

My reason it’s not the most popular TV on the list, it’s low cost, great features has given me great service and comfort. I have purchased before some of the top brands and was disappointed in the quality of service from them. I know my selection is not a top contender TV, so what it’s serving me well. Earnestly, P. **

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

I guess I don’t see a lot of difference except in size of course. I have a Toshiba and have had no problems with it, except it’s not big enough! I just have local TV and it comes in fine. Picture is clear and sound is great.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2019

I had a refurbished Toshiba tvcr and it lasted over 5 years. Until the visual suddenly went out, there were never any problems with audio or picture and I liked the screen. It was made to last and not harsh on the eyes.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

Bought the TV many years ago and have been very pleased with this TV. The color; sound and easy use is good. I have not had concern or problems. I do not recall when I purchased this TV but I know it is 5-10 years old. Would buy another TV from Toshiba. Great product.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

I have a Big Back Toshiba in my bedroom since 1996 and it's still going strong. No issues with it. I know it's obsolete today but I believe it's put together better than my flat screen Samsung in my living room which blinks out what seems like every 30 days, I have to unplug everything and restart to get it to function the way it's suppose to.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

Best value for 4K TV with Chromecast and a great picture and features. Light weight, 55 inch, easy to set up and maintain. Compatible with our surround sound, cable and dvd systems. Store assistance was also instrumental in decision to buy this product as well. Previous ownership of a high quality 44 inch projector tv have us the experience with the manufacturer to help us decide on the maker of this component.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

I really like the Toshiba TV. The picture is perfectly clear and the sound is perfect. The price is a great value for your money, and I have had other brands of televisions, but my preference now is Toshiba. It is flat screen and the appearance is nice. There is nothing negative that I can say about this television. I never have had any problems with it as well.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

The setup was super easy and quite fast, but it needed some software update time. Most importantly, the image and sound are great. I have a sound bar, but the speakers on the TV are only strong enough and have quality sound.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

My TV is great, it’s a Fire TV and I like having everything in one place. Picture is wonderful and good sound quality, though a sound bar would be nice. Mine is the 50” TV. Only thing I would change is to have gone to the 55” screen.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

Great looking TV and great colors. Even family was surprised. One family member said they were going to get one for their college kid. They won't be disappointed. Mentioned I had my Toshiba 8 years and still looks new.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

The picture is very good. The sound is great. The features are great, as well. The flyer which goes with television is easy to read and understand. I have owned numerous examples other televisions, but this is the best.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

In October of last year I bought a Toshiba 55" Fire tv for less than 350 dollars. It has worked flawlessly since it was purchased!! With the 4k Fire tv built in, I have access to thousands of movies and tv shows, plus all kinds of music. YOUTUBE is on it now too, so access to more content than you could ever watch!! Picture and sound quality are great too. This is the best T.V. I have ever owned, and it was quite inexpensive!!! I bought it on Amazon, but Best Buy also has them.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

Any Toshiba TV is well worth the investment. I have purchased this brand since the late 90's and my TV is still working like new. I love it. Toshiba always has technical support for any changes you make in providers like Dish or DirecTV. They are there to help. Toshiba is my family's number one brand. You will love it also. So make the switch today.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

We’ve had a Toshiba TV for approx. 8 years. We’ve never had any trouble with it. The picture is very clear and sharp, color great! Sound is very clear. The features, I believe are the basic features most provide, like adjusting color, sharpness, audio, etc.

Original review: July 4, 2019

This is probably the worst TV I've ever spent money on. It constantly freezes, is thoroughly laggy through menu operations, states not connected even though everything is connected to the net with no other issues, stops loading off Netflix regularly at 20%. These are not fit for intended purpose and Toshiba deserves to go bust for making such a useless piece of cr*p. Avoid at all costs... Buy a Panasonic instead.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I really like the Toshiba brand. It was worth the money I spent on the TV. I spent $4k on this smart TV and thank goodness that I have had an issue. I purchased a laptop a few years prior and did not have any issues with it so I thought why not a TV.

Original review: March 17, 2019

Great TV because the Toshiba has great color and screen is clear and large. Have had no problems with this TV and had one made by Toshiba before of smaller screen size which lasted many years. Sound is great and clear so will end with this is a great TV and made by great company.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I program Custom System Remote Controls For this customer, we installed this TV on a wall, along with Alexis, HD Cable Box, Fire TV, DVD Player, etc. Programing this, I learned the following: 1. The cheap little Remote only does Bluetooth control. No IR, No RF control. There are very few controls on the Remote. We programmed a Harmony Touch Remote with Harmony Hub. Whether you like Blutooth, or not, it does not have wide bandwidth, so fidelity is not too good. We set up IR, RF Control thru the Hub, with very minimal success. easily controlled the CATV Box, DVD, Alexa, Fire TV, but not for this cheap, made in China TV. Unless you can find Toshiba Hex Codes, you are out of luck.

Having spoken with a Superviser in Mexico. I laid it all out to him, & good or Bad; I told him all about this. (He was not happy). He was not happy to hear the truth. His Response to me was: This is not a "high End TV". It is what it is. It is not meant to work with Customization, it is made for a cheap, & undecerning customer. They do not, & will not support the advanced control that we provide. They could not care less about programmer's trying to customize anything. He said, if you don't like it, return it! How is that for BALLS? This is not the Toshiba Company that was 10, 20, 30 years ago. If you are a simpleton, & don't care about this, so be it.

Original review: March 15, 2019

Has served me very well over the past seven years. Never needed to call for repair nor any issues for that matter. Needed a second TV four years ago and purchased a second Toshiba. As with the first purchase, I have not experienced any issues. The performance, colours and appearance are great. The shape is great and more so the stand is very secure.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I own 4 televisions, including a Sony, Panasonic, and Samsung. The Toshiba 55 inch is the best of the 4 in picture quality. All the others are very good brands, but I really think this Toshiba tops them all.

Original review: March 13, 2019

We bought a 46" Toshiba flat screen roughly 10 years ago. The picture was amazing at that time and is still amazing today. The picture quality is as good if not better than some current TVs on the market. I would definitely recommend Toshiba...

Original review: March 12, 2019

I bought this Toshiba 55” flat screen only 4 years ago, and it had now started blinking black every 3-5 seconds after the TV warms up. It is extremely frustrating and I’m very upset about this happening.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I love the white look of this set, and that it is a DVD/TV combo - it has never needed a repair, and the picture is pretty good - though the picture on my '84 Mitsubishi was a bit better. Like other newer sets, have it hooked up to computer speakers because of the tinny sound.

Original review: March 7, 2019

We tried other brands and took them back due to sound quality, missing pixels etc. We brought this Toshiba TV home and have never regretted it. The sound is good, the picture is good, it has good options for picture size etc. No problems with it whatsoever.

Original review: March 6, 2019

We have had our tv for over 10 years. The picture is still incredibly clear. We never have a problem with gameplay. The Roku works great. It's easy to reset screen size and navigate the controls. The sound is awesome. I would buy another one in a heartbeat.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I rushed into buying this and never really checked it out. All apps are foreign. Very poor setup. Had a logic before cheaper and better. Could not download Amazon app. Tried Toshiba customer services. Took four days before I could get hold of anyone. Not good.

Original review: March 4, 2019

The three Toshibas we have purchased have handled teenagers and guests. (Oldest Toshiba is 22 years). Picture has always been clear, and contrasts with colors spectacular. Would buy toshiba again.

Original review: March 3, 2019

Toshiba has always been the best bang for the buck. Best Buy almost always has the 55" and 65" 1080 and 4K tv's on sale. Very few problems. I have purchased three of these, upgrading sizes each time.

Toshiba TV Company Information