1.75/5

Quit paying for costly home repairs

Quit paying for costly home repairs

667 Sanyo TVs Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 1, 2019

We purchased a 65 inch Sanyo TV and extended warranty from Wal-mart. Within 30 days the TV stopped working. Wal-mart would not take the TV back. We shipped the TV back to Sanyo sometime at the end of January or early February 2019. Here it is July 1, 2019, We still have not received our refund. We placed well over 30 calls into the 866-212-0436 customer service number that is in the Philippines. Back in February I was told that the check would arrive at my house within 5 to 10 business days. Here it is 6 months later, no refund. Can charge Sanyo Interest? Buyer Beware. I realize that the TV's are inexpensive. You get what you pay for. Sanyo is crooked and won't hold up to their end of the deal.

Original review: May 7, 2019

I purchased this TV at Walmart; worked for about 2 months. TV turned itself off and never came back on. Called customer service and was advised to send back to company. On the good side they did send me a return label. TV was received back to company, I'm without a tv now for 6 weeks and they aren't sure when I will get a replacement. Never will I buy this name brand again.

Original review: April 6, 2019

I purchased a tv for my mom two years ago and half of the tv went back. When I called customer service they said the tv was purchased five years ago and said they would send a technician at my cost. I tried to tell the person that it was 2 years old and I was not happy with the tv and I was going to write a review and he hung up on me. The products they sell are junk and the people when you call them are very rude and hang up on you. I will never purchase a Sanyo product again.

Original review: March 8, 2019

Sanyo T.V. didn't last 60 days. Had sound, no picture. Bought at a decent price, and was a nice looking flat screen but when it don't last but 60 days, I wouldn't recommend a Sanyo T.V. to anyone. Save money and your time and buy an Element brand T.V. which are built here in the U.S.A in South Carolina.

Original review: March 7, 2019

Awesome television with wonderful clarity and detail. We like the different options in regards to sound and appearance for movies, sports, etc. Audio is great. We are very happy with our purchase of this television. It's the perfect size for our living room.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sanyo TVs?

Original review: March 6, 2019

Purchased recently with a built-in Roku. Very nice device for the money spent. Lots of free channels and movies while using the apps. It also has a nice picture as we purchased a smaller 32-inch screen.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Purchased this TV and less than 3 weeks old it died. Customer service the worst in the world to deal with. You ever speak to the same person twice and every time you call you need to explain what happened. Trying to get replacement??? I plan on taking back to store. Want my money BACK. Never will I buy another Sanyo product or one that's made by Sanyo. In my opinion, THEY SUCK THE BIG ONE!!!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I purchased a Sanyo 50 inch screen television in Black Friday of 2014 and it was great until October 2018. The picture goes out and you have to unplug it several times before it works. Currently the green light will be on and no picture. It is so frustrating to have to unplug several times for it to work or it will come on for 10 seconds with popping noises before it shuts off. I wish I knew it would only last 4 years because I have a LG that I purchased over 8 years ago that is working excellent. Not all things sold at Sam's are vetted like I would like because as a single parent my money is allocated not for waste.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

We purchased the Sanyo 4K UHD 55" smart TV from our local Walmart on the Black Friday. After getting a tv technician to install our internet & fibre optic, he informed us this television will NOT produce 4K results. In order to get 2160 (which is 4K), it must be at least 60hz. This television will only go as high as 20hz, resulting in no more than 1080!!! He ran a factory test on the TV 2 times, resulting in the same thing: 2160 fail. I hope someone high up from Sanyo reads this... Our tech had seen this before & it's outright false advertising. It clearly states 4K in the description, on the box, in the instructions... HOOEY!!! We're gonna return it & AVOID Sanyo here out!!!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I received a Sanyo 50" TV as a door prize at an event and when I plugged the TV in it started to initialize then went dark. I called the customer service number, spoke to an agent and a service tech was supposed to come out, after one week they never came. I called back the customer service number and they opted to send me a replacement TV. The replacement TV arrived 2 weeks after my call and it was the wrong size. I called customer service back and they opted to transfer me to another level of customer service and would call me back.

They left 1 message and never tried to reach out to me again. At the time of this posting I have called customer service SEVEN (7) times since the TV went dark 2 months ago and still do not have a replacement TV. VERY DISAPPOINTED in their lack of interest to resolve the issue promptly and I personally have wasted more time on the phone/hold than the price of a new TV. I will never purchase another Sanyo product!

Sanyo TVs Company Information