3.9/5 (269 ratings)

About Sanyo TVs

Sanyo TVs Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sanyo TVs?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sanyo TVs?

Original review: May 25, 2017

I bought this television about 3 yrs ago and I paid only 50.00 more than what I was looking at a 32 inch. It was well worth the money since I got it on sale. It has a nice picture and it was easy to set up. I would buy this brand again if I was to buy another television.

Original review: May 25, 2017

The price was very good on this Sanyo TV. There are times that the screen will not be as clear, but will not last long. I am mostly satisfied with this TV.

Original review: May 23, 2017

The TV functions well and color is good. I'm happy with the picture qualities as well as the sound system is easy for the ears and doesn't have that tin sound like some TV's do.

Original review: May 22, 2017

Happy with the product's performance and it's long lasting service. I have 3 Sanyo tv's and 2 of them are 12 to 15 years old and still work great, so that is why I purchased a new Sanyo in February and I am really enjoying the new style and clarity.

Original review: May 21, 2017

My husband lost his left eye to cancer. He couldn't see our other tv so we bought him a big screen tv. I really like our tv we purchased awhile back and glad the price was ok for us. We really love it.

Original review: May 21, 2017

This product was reasonably priced, has a great picture, bright and hues which reflect actuality. Sometimes you feel you can touch the subject on the screen.

Original review: May 20, 2017

Sharpness is excellent. Occasionally, the screen skew to one side. I am not sure whether it is the projection of the movie itself when streaming is used.

Original review: May 19, 2017

I bought this television about one year ago. The picture quality is great and if you want to crank up the volume, you can. I would buy this brand again. Very pleased.

Original review: May 19, 2017

Sanyo TV has clear sound and great picture with a screen large enough to see from far away. Their large clear screen, wonderful clear picture and sound quality can't be beat except maybe by a movie screen.

Original review: May 18, 2017

Sanyo TV fits into my idea of what I needed. I can see the colors I always wanted to see and not dark ones. The picture is perfect not out of focus.

Original review: April 14, 2017

We bought this TV from Walmart at Christmas. The TV was kept in a proper environment. It wasn't left on overnight. It was kept on a proper surge protector. Sanyo Support wouldn't put their Supervisor on the phone. The TV it only worked for a total of 3 weeks and average of 45 hours. We will never buy any Sanyo Products and we are sharing this story with everyone we know and on the Social Media as well. I personally have never been so upset with customer service and support about anything in my life.

Original review: March 13, 2017

This TV is twelve years old and has never given us a minute of trouble. Maybe we got lucky and just got a good one, but, I prefer to think it's just a well made TV.

Original review: March 12, 2017

My TV is an old tube type and it is big and bulky. The screen size is way too small and it is hard to see most movies. One of these days when get enough money saved back I will get myself at least a 55 inch flat screen.

Original review: March 11, 2017

I have a 55" and 32" Sanyo... worst mistake ever! I bought the 55" in October 2016 (its March 2017); the TV won't even turn on and I've only watched 3 times total. Before I knew the 55" quit working, I purchased a 32" for my bedroom. I can't even change the channels because the cable TV guide/menu doesn't show up on the screen. It's completely to the left, off the screen! (This is how I found out my 55" doesn't work, since I can't change the channels on the 32", I went to the basement to watch the 55").

I made the first call to customer service on the 32" where they said it was the cable company's issue. 20 minutes later I called back when I found the 55" wouldn't turn on; they said it would be easier to use the same case # for both TVs. They told me to ship the TV back to them and they would ship a replacement TV within 20 business days. I found this site and see that someone else had the same trouble, but the replacement TV they sent wasn't a new TV, but a refurbished one. So I call them back.

Turns out they had arranged to pick up by FedEx the 32" TV, not the 55" TV! I'm glad I called back... to ensure I was getting a NEW replacement TV. Now they say that 55" is too big to ship, they will send a repairman for repair. I have been on the phone all day with them (I have better ways to spend my Saturdays!). I will be returning the 32" to Walmart and I'm stuck with the 55"... and I have to take a day off work to get the TV repaired. If you're thinking about buying Sanyo... DON'T!

Original review: March 5, 2017

When my previous tv died I despaired of finding another one that I could afford. My son however very kindly found this Sanyo TV for me for fifty dollars in a pawnshop about five years ago and it has worked great ever since. Great standard def pic and sound and plenty big enough screen.

Original review: March 2, 2017

This one of the best TVs I've had. It is going on 4 years old and as good as the day I got it. This TV is on for almost 15 hours a day and is still going strong. It is worth every penny and truly stands up to use.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

I recently purchased a Sanyo flat screen, smart tv. After about 3 months it quit powering up. It HAS power but will not turn on. Manually or via remote. I am not helpless so before I even called I plugged and unplugged the unit. Plugged other items into the outlet (wiring less than 2 years old) to check it. Customer care has been very apologetic - every time - but has been totally ineffective. 5 lengthy phone calls to them. 8 phone calls and a few visits to their "authorized repair center" in my area. They do not speak to each other at all! My tv has been at the "authorized repair center". They have argued with me repeatedly and, basically, come up with every reason NOT to work on the tv.

After 5 weeks of no working tv, many wasted hours and no resolution in sight they are now able to offer me the WONDERFUL solution of a used tv to replace my new, non-working one. I did not buy or pay for a used tv I should not have a used one sitting in my house in place of my new one. If that is the best they can do I should be only paying a "used" price. This is an all but new television with very little use on it. Defective obviously and by their own tech support admission. Poor support. Poor customer service. Poor product.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

While our Sanyo TV works well (it's about 3-4 years old), the picture aspect ratio cannot be adjusted. Well, it can but the picture never changes size/ratio no matter what you select. More so, the annoying part is that the subtitles whenever they appear is just off from the bottom of screen, so you can only see the tips of a few letters and words. We have no idea what the subtitles are saying, and changing the aspect ratio in the menu doesn't change that at all. I'm writing this because I'm fed up with Sanyo and their defective equipment. Honestly, technology was far more reliable 20 or 30 years ago.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2016

After purchasing this TV approximately one year to the day this TV started having major issues. Horizontal colored lines started at bottom of screen then moved to the entire screen. After contacting Sanyo who told me that the warranty had ran out approximately 3 days ago it was no longer under warranty. At this point they gave me a repair number to call that would be at my expense which would have been higher than purchasing another television. At this point I decided that's Sanyo will no longer get any of my business and I will make sure that my friends and family know just how they treat their customers, something I'm sure that they will not have much of in the future.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2016

I have had my Sanyo 55" Plasma for about 6 yrs or more. I was looking for a solution for what I thought was a problem. It just recently started to take longer to turn on, like a minute or two. But after reading everybody's problems, my plasma has been working great. The picture is still great, but tv's start to go down hill after about 7 yrs. If the picture starts going bad slowly, you won't even really notice it, your eyes start to adjust to it. Then you see a newer TV and your flip out about how clear it is. I am going to get a LCD on my next one, which will be soon. I won't go wider, but I want one that has a little more options than what I have now. But I guess I am lucky that 1 to 2 minutes is my only problem.

Resolution response: Nov. 16, 2016

Long Story Short, SANYO RESOLVED MY ISSUE. Update, my 55" tv broke within 3 months, Sanyo agrees to buy back tv. Well, this issue went on for 18 months. Well, I am VERY HAPPY TO SAY "SANYO CAME THRU AND KEPT THEIR WORD". Just receive my buy back check and back in good standing with Sanyo products!!! Waiting for black Friday and will be buying another 55" or larger tv. Thank you, Sanyo. So Long Story Short, Sanyo has me back again.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2016

Bought 55" Sanyo TV June 2015, cost $498.00. Sept the picture went out. In October sent to Sanyo, black serial label from back of tv, copy of pop. My printer was broken so I hand wrote a release of liability. Mailed this to sanyo... They lost my black label. Long story short, one year later too many phone calls, emails, still no refund check. Please read these reviews before you buy that nice/Big tv this holiday... All Sanyo has done is apologize for any inconvenience. Still to this date still no refund or big TV.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2016

We had no complaints about the television until recently. We bought the TV in Fort Mill, SC on 01/02/15 from Walmart. Luckily we kept the receipt though it seems like it will be little help. On 10/01/16 the right side of the screen became grayed out. The image is still visible but very hard to see. In less than 2 years we're experiencing problems with a $532.86. When we attempted to call the help number on the flyer that came with the TV we couldn't reach anyone. Incredibly disappointing!

Original review: May 31, 2016

Bought a 55 inch led sanyo model fw55d25f in january of 2016. It is now june of 2016 and the tv has stopped working. Just wont come on. Of course I purchased the warranty when I bought it. So I gave them a call. They said a service tech would contact me in 2 to 5 days. I asked if they could make a note that I cant have phone calls until 630pm because that's when I get off work. They said "sure. No problem!!"

When I got off work on the 5 the day I had 3 missed calls within 3 hours of each other starting at noon. So I gave them a call to see if they would have called from a restricted number. Sure enough it was the service techs. They proceed to tell me my order has been cancelled by Sanyo!!! I then call sanyo, spoke to a supervisor, explained what had happened. He said "no problem. Sorry about that!" He says "I'll set it up again." So I call the service tech back and he tells me it has been cancelled again! I called sanyo again. They wont let me speak to another supervisor! $500 down the drain! I and my family will never purchase sanyo again!

Original review: April 29, 2016

Sanyo tv makes a large volume sound - picture goes black - then returns to normal tv. Sometimes it just cut off and make work later. The noise is very loud and the tv defective. What now?

Original review: March 15, 2016

After three yrs I noticed two vertical lines on screen. One is very obvious and I think it's getting wider, the other barely noticeable. And then it developed a shadow behind the screen. Time is coming soon to replace it. Won't be a Sanyo.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2016

Got this good deal at Walmart and now I see why. One year later it blinks out and the sound goes out. Will never buy another one. Watch out -- good deal anywhere.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2016

Sanyo DP65E34. This is the worst TV I have ever purchased. Within 3 months pink spots started forming over white surfaces. I called Sanyo and they told me a tech would be reaching out to me to set up a repair. Several months later I sent them an e-mail again about this issue. They came back with "Good morning, We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused." If the unit has the same kind of problem even when trying to use different devices such as a DVD, Blu-ray player, game console, cable or satellite system, etc, the unit will need to be examined by a service center technician in order to determine the cause of the problem.

Below is a list with contact information of different service centers close to your area that can help you with an out of warranty examination. This TV was still under a year old and not out of warranty. Will never be buying a Sanyo again and recommend you stay away from their products. Will be throwing this one away and buying a Samsung or LG. Much better customer support and products.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2016

I, like many other consumers, purchased my 5" Sanyo Plasma TV from Wal-Mart. Now when I turn on the TV, I get neither sound nor picture. Today, I read the complaints of many other consumers who have purchased Sanyo TV's from Wal-Mart and all are frustrated about the junk that Sanyo and Wal-Mart are selling. There should be a recall on this product and Wal-Mart needs to take all of its Sanyo TVs off of it shelves because of the many similar complaint customers are experiencing.

I have purchased many TVs in the past and none of them have just stop working! Like all of the other consumers, when I called customer support, I was advised to call a TV repair shop in my area. People too work hard for their money to continuously be ripped-off by businesses like this. I will never buy another Sanyo product and will let everyone I know not to either. It just makes me think - should I get an attorney, maybe sue Sanyo? Or they can at least replace my TV.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2016

We bought it because our old one died. It is a 50-inch Sanyo. We like it a lot. It has a great picture.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2016

The reliability of the Sanyo TVs I have had over many years has been great - better than Sony, which once was the benchmark in quality and reliability.

Sanyo TVs Company Information