Samsung TV
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Samsung TV

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 4, 2017

3573 Samsung TV Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

My first Samsung TV PN51D6500 (over a year), bought another one LED TV UN65J6300 (over a year), both had problems. I called service they want to charge $100 just look (I knew most service centers don't have good tech). I threw away first one, now I threw another one. I never buy any from Samsung again. Note: my Refrigerator from Samsung had problem, too. Never Samsung.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

I bought this Samsung 65 inch Smart TV from Costco 3 years ago. Similar to other complaints I've seen on this site and others my TV developed a problem where the screen goes out and then alternates between off and on. The problem has gotten progressively worse to the point where it takes me over 15 minutes to get it to work (for a while). Once I get a picture, if I change volume it blanks out and goes to on/off mode again. I called the tech support group and tried all the remedies suggested: Removing all devices other than DTV connection, plugging power plug directly into wall and by-passing surge protector, restoring setting to factory settings. Nothing fixed problem.

Two days later a CS rep gave me a call to set up a service tech. She made me aware that my TV was out of warranty protection (<3 years old). When she told me total cost of repair could exceed $600 I decided that it’s better to buy a new TV than invest more in this junk. I've been watching my 20 year old, regularly used, RCA for the past few days. I've never need to service it or any other TV’s I've owned for over 6 years. I will never buy another Samsung TV again. Unfortunately I bought two for my children in the past year. Fortunately one was bought within the last 90 days from Costco, so I will be returning it to avoid apparent similar planned obsolescence issues. This on/off issue seems to be a major issue with motherboard or capacitor problems based on other reviews I've seen. Beware before you buy!!!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

If I could give this product (and Samsung's customer support) less than one star, I would. I bought the Q7c directly from Samsung e-commerce. Less than a month after buying the TV the One Connect box stopped connecting to the TV. Since every function of the TV goes through the One Connect box, it is the TV's brain, the TV does not function at all. It turns on but nothing functions, no Netflix, no internet, no tv, no Hulu, nothing can work if the One Connect box breaks.

However, the warranty department has been the most frustrating experience of all. I have been repeatedly promised that a new One Connect box was being shipped to me and yet it never arrived. I even had a supervisor promise that the One Connect box would arrive by last Monday and that he would give me a call to verify that it arrived. The replacement One Connect box never arrived, and the supervisor never called me as promised. Turns out the One Connect boxes are back ordered and cannot be shipped so this is a very expensive tv that does nothing but sit on my wall. Bad product. Bad service.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I bought a Samsung MU85004KUHDTV 55 inch tv in September 2017. I also bought an extended warranty. From day 1 this tv has had an issue. The tv will shut itself off and then restart. This can be when watching Netflix or having it connected to just an antenna (I do not have cable). I have called Samsung on 4 different occasions. They have did their troubleshooting twice (they only show a record of once). I have tried to get someone out to fix it but they will not send anyone until they troubleshoot it once again. They have also told me if they send out a repairman and the tv does not act up then I will be charged. I have informed them that I have a video that shows exactly what the tv is doing. I had a representative tell me if I file a claim online with Samsung then they cannot charge me. So I filed a claim online. I was sent a email stating someone would be back with me within 24 hours. That did not happen. I had to send another email stating no one has gotten a hold of me yet. That was when someone finally called me.

Was on the phone with Samsung for almost 30 minutes on 11/2/17. They state they need to troubleshoot the problem again. I then asked for a manager, after being on hold for about 15 minutes a manager (Noj) came on the line. He stated they had to troubleshoot it again. I told him I just want it fixed. He stated there would be a charge if the repairman came out and could not find anything wrong. I explained that is not what the last guy told me. So basically they are now going to send me a new power cord. He said it takes up to 14 days to get it. But he will try and put a rush on it.

If I would not have bought this TV off of Amazon and destroyed the box I would have taken it back to the store on day one and returned it. I will never ever buy another Samsung tv again. Do not believe the stories on the extended warranties as it is a joke. I want Samsung to fix this tv or send me a new one. I have owned another Samsung tv for 12 years and never had a problem. I guess things were made better back then. Stay away from these products. Buy a Vizio or something other than a Samsung tv as their customer service is horrible.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

Picture has horizontal lines and cost quite a bit for the Qled tv. Contacted Samsung at least 20 times maybe more. It just goes up and back. I am on my 6th ticket number. It’s just a horror at what they put you through. Is there any way to sue them in court? This is a new TV. They tell me no service center near. I am on the line now for 2 hours and all it says is, “Please stay on the line.” Help!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I bought the 65" tv, and noticed it would crash (Change from HDMI 1 to "TV") after exactly 20 minutes operation. The first guy at the call center remotely logged into my TV but couldn't solve the problem. The next day I tried again for over an hour to find someone to log into the TV. Zero for 5 people could do it. After talking to 4 more people I was finally able to reach a supervisor who sent a tech, 3 days later, with a new main board. That didn't fix anything, but the tech broke the screen when replacing the board. He says he doesn't know what the problem is and told me to get back to Samsung support. Again, a gong show. I've been on hold while I looked through the internet, found this site, created an account, logged in and wrote this review. And I'm still on hold!! Terrible terrible service.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

This is by far the worst experience I have had with a product or company. After spending over $4,000 to purchase this unit, in less than 1 1/2 I have had the picture go out with only audio. I spent close to $500 to repair the first time, and 5 months later the same thing happens again. Now they want me to pay for repairs again and will not stand behind their product, or acknowledge that it might be a lemon. How do I know this will not happen again? Do I have to spend $1,000 a year for the privilege of owning a Samsung TV? Samsung, never again.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

These TV's are pieces of junk, and the only thing more frustrating than the quality is the service you get when something breaks, and trust me, it will break. I have spent over 2 hours on the phone trying to get my 40" Smart TV repaired, only to have the end resolution be that if I want to get it fixed I will have to drive for 2 hours one way to the nearest authorized service provider, which with taking it, driving home, and then back to pick up equals 8 hours driving. This is after they told me it would not be a problem to have a service tech. come to my home. But mysteriously, that representative was apparently in violation of policy, and the policy is something that the humans at Samsung Customer Care have no ability to change/override/accommodate, even after saying repeatedly that they were wrong and I was lied to.

I think that Samsung intentionally offers so few service providers in order to make service very difficult, which means less service required, which means more profit for selling junk. According to Samsung, there is 1 Service Center in my metropolitan area of 5,000,000 people. I can only imagine that if the actual number of repairs needed were taken in to them, they would need an aircraft hangar just to store the backlogged repairs. Subpar products, terrible service, and blatant lying by service department means this is a company to stay far, far away from. Like the placement of their repair centers.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

SAMSUNG 70" Smart HDTV - Bought this TV in Nov 2016, less than 1 year old! Recently it decided it would turn itself off/on. You can imagine hearing noise in our home at 4 in the morning thinking someone has broken into your house! Have called the SAMSUNG TECHs several times with little help! Every time I call they ask for the same information (Serial number of TV, model #, when I bought it, where I bought it... UGHHHHHH). You would think they would have this info readily available after the several calls I had previously made... Long story short, THANKFULLY SAMSUNG club will honor its return policy... I am RETURNING it, I am tired of dealing with this TV. Won't BUY SAMSUNG EVER AGAIN!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

On Sunday July 4th, 2017, I purchased a Samsung 55' 4k UHD curved smart tv at Best Buy located in 2982 El Camino Real Tustin CA 92782. The price was $928.25 usd, I immediately took it home and plugged it in to enjoy my brand new tv with 4k, uhd, smart tv and all its technology. I have bought Samsung electronics most of my life, but this was by far the best product I had bought from Samsung yet. I put it on my Best Buy card. I've only made 2 payments towards this tv, I just bought it it's brand new.

This past Saturday September 16th, 2017 I got home after a long day at work, and the first thing I did was turn on my tv and enjoy the rest of the weekend at home, when as soon as the tv turned on, I noticed a black stained looked like it was cracked from the inside of the screen, yet nothing or no one had touched my tv. A few seconds later I noticed lines all across the screen. I wasn't able to see the picture displayed on my tv screen anymore. Immediately I contacted Best Buy, and after a long conversation with representatives and supervisors I was told they weren't able to help me since it was past 30 days since purchased, and I had no warranty. I was told to call Samsung since it was brand new it was still under manufacturer warranty.

I contacted Samsung and they dispatched a service repairman yesterday 09/20/2017 to my home to repair the tv. Within 10 minutes he stated there was nothing he could do since it looked like there was an internal crack inside the panel of my tv. I asked him how that was possible when no one or nothing has touched the screen, and he replied he didn't know what caused it, and told me to call Samsung customer care. So I called today 09/21/2017, and after 45 minutes on the phone with 3 different supervisors I was told there was nothing they can do for me, that I was responsible to repair it and cover all the damages. I cried. I don't have any money to cover any repairs on a brand new tv that I just bought. This isn't right.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

An affordable 24 inch LED screen. Picture is crisp with very good color definition. It took a few minutes adjust the cable settings but after it synchronized it works ok. It takes several seconds to change channels (the time the cable box switches channels to the time the reception on the TV changes).

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

Five years ago we replaced our 52" Sony tv with a Samsung 55" led. The picture quality is still amazing. It's also user friendly. Would definitely recommend Samsung over Sony.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

WARNING WARNING!!!!! Please do not buy any Samsung Smart TVs. They are no good. The representatives are no help. They are useless. I recently purchase my Samsung TV from Walmart. It worked fine in the beginning. Until it updated and wiped out all the apps that I had downloaded, except the apps that originally came with the TV. The main apps that concerned me was the Spectrum app and the HBO GO app. I tried repeatedly to reinstall these apps without any success. I tried downloading random apps without success. It would only say download, but it does not actually download. I finally decide to call Samsung electronics for their help. What a JOKE that was. I was first told it was my cable company fault.

Called my cable company Spectrum, again I was told it's Samsung's fault. Called Samsung again, was told that HBO GO and Spectrum app was not compatible to the Smart TV. Again what a joke. Then I was told that it was the router blocking the download, however it's not blocking access to the already accessible apps that came with the TV. Consumers consumers!!! You have been warned, do not buy any TV from Samsung electronics. Their products are no good and their customer service are useless. I only wish I could give them no star, because that's what this coming and their representatives are worth. CLASS ACTION HERE WE GO!!!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I've just read many negative reviews regarding the same 60" LED SMART T.V that I have. This T.V. is now 5yrs old. Approximately 18 months ago the T.V would randomly completely go black screen, then the SMART T.V logo appears, the T.V. then "blinks" and the image comes back on... Sometimes with audio and other times without. When the picture comes back without audio, I have to shut the T.V down and restart. The situation has gotten progressively worse. I have contacted SAMSUNG and they refuse to acknowledge the problem. I am used to T.V's lasting many years and have always thought of SAMSUNG as the "TOP OF THE LINE." Needless to say, I no longer feel the same way about SAMSUNG and will no longer purchase nor recommend their products.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

Bought a 48" Samsung TV from Costco on Feb 1, 2017. That TV arrived with a broken screen, and they promptly sent out a replacement. Kudos Costco on that. The replacement lasted until June. We'd watched it earlier in evening, then returned home from being out and it did not have a picture - only sound. I contacted Costco, and then they contacted Samsung. That started a long drawn out process that is still not resolved! Samsung didn't have anyone in my area to repair the TV. I've been trying to get a refund since June, and as of September 5 do not have this resolved. Samsung has constantly had something else they needed to know, do, etc. before a refund.

I've complained to Costco, but they really haven't done anything except contact Samsung and repeat what they say. NEVER again will I buy any Samsung product - and I've bought 4 TVs, and a refrigerator. Used to recommend the products - but not anymore, and will not ever. You do not want to deal with Samsung 'customer service'. The absolute worst 'customer service' I've ever dealt with on anything!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

Two 60" Samsungs 1080p LED purchased from Sam's Club on Oct 2016; both installed Jan 2017 in new home. One gave black screen of death w/o audio in April, just 4 months after install; tried ten Youtube fixes, no luck. Second TV just gave up the ghost in Oct, it worked great for all of ten months! These are junk and when you go to the Samsung support site you learn it is COMMON and years ago they settled a class action lawsuit but now say they don't use those defective diodes anymore - right! Never again.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

I purchased a TV back in March from a major big-box store. The big-box store is fantastic! Samsung is piss poor & that's being "Overly Kind". I forgot my password so that I could install an app on my TV. I tried to reset it but wasn't able to. Tried to click on the section to reset my password but received an error message instead. I called Samsung & that's when it went immediately to Hell on the Autobahn. I believe it's their mission to Royally Infuriate the consumer.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

We purchased a 60 inch smart TV 3 years back. The TV keeps coming on and off. Samsung customer support is the worst support. They asked me to change the power cord and I did. It did not help. They gave number of a local support that never picks the phone. The motherboard seems to have a issue. We paid 1300 dollars for the TV and it did not last even 3 years.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

I purchased three 60" plasma televisions from hhgregg in Ocoee, FL August of 2015. In August of 2017 the first one of the three began displaying a vertical line down the right side of the screen. After speaking with tech support at Samsung I knew I was in trouble. They were unable to connect me to anyone in the United States, they were in the Philippines and difficult to understand, they read all their material out of manuals and refused to connect me to any other branch of Samsung. What they did suggest is that I have the television looked at by a certified Samsung technician and informed me that any and all cost were my responsibility.

The company they referred me to in Kissimmee, FL rudely answered the phone and hung up on me after informing me that the person I needed to speak to was at lunch. After speaking with several local technicians and having this same issue on a different brand TV several year ago I knew the display was in need of being replaced. Samsung's representative Caleb, supervisor of tech support in the Philippines, was less than helpful and only repeated himself regarding the warranty expiration, having someone look at it and refusing to connect me to other branches of Samsung. As far as all the other numbers you can find on the internet regarding Samsung they are either out of order or lead you back to the same automated system. I currently have five Samsung TVs in my home and will never purchase another item from them!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

I bought a 55' Samsung Smart TV from Leon's stores in July 2017. The TV came with a manufacturer's 12 month warranty. After a month of purchase, screen turned black with no pictures and a white line. Complained to Leon’s who gave me the phone number of Samsung. I contacted Samsung who referred me to their 3rd party technician, UNITECH services. The technician spoke to Samsung and got back to me after one week. They said Samsung will not cover the cost of repair because it's damaged and their warranty does not cover any damage. The only option is to spend almost the same amount of money that I bought the TV to repair it or throw it away and buy a new TV. I contacted Samsung directly who insisted that the TV is damaged and the warranty do not cover it. Went to Leon’s who also said that I should rather buy another TV. The whole experience seems to be a "BIG SCAM". That's unfortunate anyways.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

Zero stars is the real rating!! Have to share my disappointment with this 7 series Samsung 3D TV, it has had a number of problems which sadly started after the warranty expired. We bought it in late 2012 to be installed in a new home after relocating in 2013. So it's been in use less four and a half years and about eight months before the warranty expired. Even in the first year after what seemed like endless software updates it slowed down and the remote control became very fussy at best, despite seeing the light on the frame twitch when the remote buttons are pressed the reaction time seem to get longer and more delayed. Then the TV started to turn itself off then on again within the first minutes after being turned on, this still happens today every time my Wife or I watch TV. You almost have to plan your viewing around it or you could missing something important on your shows. Thankfully the new cable boxes can be paused.

The app option are very limited and the Netflix app itself has been a problem which has required a number of calls and wasted time to Samsung. It's strange that it doesn't offer the same Netflixs features I have on our Sony Brava smart TV which I find much easier to use. In addition the volume has to be turned to twice the volume required for TV, you quickly learn to not just exit Netflixs without turning it back down or you will wake the neighbors. Strangely it's the same when I use my Samsung BluRay player but not on the Sony Brava, where the volume is about the same as it should.

Now just last week the wifi stopped working, the setup screen would just close or not complete the setup, this is after working the days previously and for the last few years. Calls to Samsung resulted in a list of repair shops that we could take it to at our expense. Plugging in a cat5 cable doesn't even work, according the tech department it all runs through the wifi module. I wanted a good TV with a high refresh rate for action and sports and spent nearly twice what other TVs in the 46" size cost to get something we would enjoy for years. Sadly that is not what we got from Samsung, what we did get was headache after headache. I encourage everyone I can to avoid this brand. I read Samsung has lost a case action suits against them for their poor products, hopefully you will not make the mistake I made!!

Original review: July 31, 2017

Samsung TV UN55H6203AF - DONT BUY THIS TV! TV was bad as soon as we got it. It goes to a black screen and then freezes, and shuts off, three years and SAMSUNG gave us a tv store to look at; "THE PANELS WERE BAD ON THIS MODEL. DON'T BOTHER FIXING. YOU WILL WASTE YOUR MONEY"

Original review: July 29, 2017

Spend $2900 for Samsung HD Smart TV about 5 years ago and the screen keeps turning off and on by itself without anyone touches it. Samsung Technical support could not solve the problem. They tell you the same thing that the internet provide for troubleshooting. When you call their support they will have you contact Home Service Network to come and provide service to your house. This Home Service Network have already bad review that they take picture of your TV and they don't even show up. I will never buy Samsung product from now on.

Original review: July 12, 2017

MY COMPLAINT: Samsung (The Answer Technician) wants a $33 payment to POSSIBLY answer a question regarding my 31 1/2", Samsung/SMART TV (Series 5) bad performance. The TV cuts out often, since I purchased it, 13 months ago - sometimes it completely goes to black screen; must be turned off and begin again. From the reviews I have seen/read that Samsung techs are not answering some complaints, whatsoever. Sorry, I did not open or see Samsung's Pearl's online RESPONSE TO MY QUESTION, thru ANSWER TECH... therefore, I will NOT pay for The "Answer Tech."

DO NOT BILL ME (you have Visa information). I did NOT choose to read it. I deleted it WITHOUT OPENING PAGE. (It would be ridiculous to pay in advance, in any amount for an incomplete answer or if the answer is NOT to my satisfaction). I am very disappointed in the way Samsung is handling their customers' complaints and I must say this has been a bad experience with them. Please, Respond, ASAP. I surmise my complaint will not make it to Samsung's "Reviews."

Original review: July 12, 2017

We purchased this Samsung 50 inch TV (Model UN50J6200AF) from Best Buy in California Maryland on 01/17/2016. We had the set in our main living room up on a wall mount. We haven't used the set more than 20 hours total. On July 2nd as we waited for company to show up, my husband noticed a growing "spot" in the left lower corner. He immediately got up to investigate and the spot was hot to touch. He unplugged the TV. Best Buy was no help. We have been dealing with Samsung in SC for the last 3 weeks. They have done nothing but lied to us about covering the repairs, approving the claim, sending parts overnight, now it's a new repair place... A new ticket order... We finally just went out and purchased a new TV from LG. We will never shop at Best Buy again, nor waste our hard earned money on another Samsung product.

Original review: July 7, 2017

In February I purchased a Samsung 4k TV (55 in ks8000 series) from Samsung.com. I bought it based on hours of research and the fact that it met just about every requirement I needed (Quantum dot display, input lag, & rich vivid colors). For added peace of mind I also bought the 3 yr warranty for 179.99. Well a couple of months later I noticed 3 areas with dead pixels as well as color separation that occurred at random times. I called Samsung's customer service line and was instructed to do several tests to determine if the issue warranted a repairman coming out. I was told it did and that they would authorize someone to come do the repairs. A couple of days later I heard from the authorized repairman who requested some photos of the issues. Which I sent.

Exactly one week after being told I was getting the repair done, I get an e-mail from Samsung saying they had canceled the repair job. This was done without provided information on why. I called back and after I discussing the issue all over again they put in the request for repair again. Two days later I get an e-mail from Samsung stating it was again canceled. I called again just to be told that now they can't find anyone in my area. I'm told that they need to look into my issues and that I will be contacted later with a solution.

At this point I'm skeptical given that I've noticed inaccuracies in what each customer service rep had told me. So I choice to switch to Twitter and voice my concerns. A different team of customer service representatives took over and I was told that a department at Samsung was still looking into finding someone to repair my TV but that if they failed to find someone that I would receive a replacement. A few days later I received another e-mail saying that an exchange request had been submitted and approved. It also said to contact the exchange department to get thing rolling. When I called they tried to offer me a refurbished curved model, which I said no to. I stated that the reps from Samsung's Twitter page told me it would be a new model since mine was not very old at all. I also explained that had I wanted a curved TV I would have bought one and that the ks8000 model was what I wanted. Due to all the research I did on my TV.

After several placements on hold while he looked for one in the warehouse he came back and said he found a new model for me. He said that I'd be hearing from a shipping company in about 2 weeks. 2 weeks later I get an e-mail saying that the exchange had been allocated. No delivery date given so I messaged the customer service reps again through Twitter to ask about an ETA on delivery and to verify the model again. They couldn't give me a date but they did give me a model... It was now an MU8000 unit. Not my Ks8000. I had to go and research this new model which I did. I spent a large amount of time looking and comparing specifications.

What I found out was that it is the 2017 model, mine was the 2016 model. By all means not bad. My TV (ks8000) has quantum dot. The replacement does not (Mu8000). This is a huge issue for me. The cost of the TV also stood out. The Ks8000 was 1799.99 while the Mu8000 is only 1499.99. Basically my TV was a flagship model while the Mu8000 is closer to an upper mid-range TV.

After a handful of messages back and forth with Samsung, I was told that I needed to contact the exchange department again as they are now the only ones who can do anything for me. I did and was passed to a manager who insisted that the Mu8000 is a comparable model. Which to a degree it is but mostly fails compared to the Ks8000. It fails in brightness, it lacks Quantum dot which is a main and very important feature. There are dozens of reputable sites that go into further details on the Mu8000 and Ks8000 that can substantiate my claim.

After explaining my findings to the manager and also informing her that the original warehouse rep never specified that it was a Mu8000 model she told me that she would try to stop the delivery but that refusing the replacement meant that they would not offer another television. I was told then that a refund might be an option but that they might try and have it repaired again... yes that's right, after a month or so they want to restart the whole ordeal over again. At this point she said I'd be contacted after more research.

A little more than a week later I get a call from a shipping company, the Mu8000 unit is ready to be delivered... it's here in my town. I explained the situation and they said they would return it. Now I'm a little angry again and confused so I call Samsung since at this point the customer service managers from Samsung's Twitter account are no longer helping me. I'm transferred to a manager who tells me that I need to contact the exchange department again... but it's after hours. When I finally attempt I'm on hold for 1 hour and 10 minutes before the prompt starts saying transferring please hold. It keeps failing when I call again. It's now closed.

I believe they bumped my call and simply left without dealing with customers. I placed another series of calls to the service line before finally getting in touch with a more sympathetic manager who could not help me but did say they put in a request to examine my situation and get it resolved. I have yet to hear from anyone. At this point it's been well over a month and I've spoken to dozens of service reps and managers. I've been told one thing while Samsung does a completely different thing. I've never seen such poor customer service.

Original review: June 27, 2017

I purchased a Samsung Smart TV in November 2016. A few months after purchasing pixels started to go out - slowly growing into a black line down the side. Lived with it a couple of months until I found my warranty info. After speaking with many, many people who offer the exact same advice they said to send it in because it was still under warranty. Now I'm being told that the warranty is is no longer valid because the LCD is cracked. Nobody has touched it since it came out of the box other than to clean around it. If it was broken - how!?

If it was broken when I received it how was I to know that months later it would start dying? Nobody knows. They say it's not my fault but they want me to pay to get it repaired even though it is under warranty. I am a teacher - I don't have a ton of cash. I can't afford to pay again for something that is under warranty. I will no longer recommend Samsung to anyone.

Original review: June 25, 2017

Snow and blank screens appear often on this 2 1/2 year old UN55H6300. For the longest time I thought it was a Comcast problem (there were lots of Comcast problems). Now the Costco warranty is expired. A YouTube video describes the problem as bad solder joints. I think Samsung knows what is happening.

Original review: June 25, 2017

At 3 months our Samsung 6350AF 65 inch tv started turning off and on by itself. It also kept disconnecting from the Internet. We bought our tv and extended warranty from Costco so they are who we dealt with. Because of they size, they sent a repairman to the house. He replaced the control panel. After having the tv for a year the top 5 inches looked like they were darker than the rest of the screen. No one else noticed so I didn't call Costco. A couple of months later the bottom 1/3 also became darker. We had a 5 inch strip that is normal. The repairman took or tv for a week. No problem. They kept in touch with me. They had to replace all the bulbs. Now the tv is a little over 2 years old. I'm glad I bought the extended warranty.

It is doing the dark problem again. I am now dealing with the warranty people. They had me email pictures so they could see what is going on. I waited on a return email for 2 weeks. I ended up calling them. They said they did send me an email telling me they had approved a new TV. I checked all my boxes. No email. The man stayed in the line until I received a new email. They gave me 3 tv to choose from. I was taking a while to look up the reviews. By the time I made. My decision the tv I had to choose from were gone. Then I had a totally different one on the list. I'm glad I took so long to choose. I really didn't want a Samsung again. The tv I will be getting is an LG with 4.9 stars out of 5. My brother in law bought the exact same Samsung tv from Costco the day before we did. We is now having the bulb problem but he didn't buy the warranty. Make sure to always spend extra time and money to check reviews and buy the extended warranty.

Original review: June 23, 2017

I purchased a 40 inch TV in December 2016. A month ago it started flashing all of the sudden. Mind you, I barely use this TV. Maybe 5 hours total since purchased. I called customer service who told me I needed to bring it to a nearby repair facility. Then told me this repair facility is in New York. 4 hours from me. I told her there has to be somewhere closer. She told me I would hear from someone within 48 hours with what to do next. No phone calls. Life has been busy so I just called back 3 days ago. I was told by a rep that I need to mail this TV in, he would send me a shipping label within 24 hours and I would hear from facility to confirm they will be ready to accept my TV. Nothing. No email no phone call.

Currently on the phone with human relations supposedly after speaking to a rep who put me on hold for 17 minutes and never came back, a rep who says because I refuse to drop the TV to the nearby facility (New York, 4 hrs away) that he doesn't know what he can do for me. He then transferred me to a supervisor and now customer relations and I am being told I need to mail it in because it is under 45 inches and at this point I don't trust them to not lose my TV. I have been on this call 2 minutes and counting. I'm fairly certain this service center is bouncing me to different reps saying they are of higher management and they are not because nobody can help me. I am tired of this. I will never buy another Samsung TV again.

Samsung Computers and Monitors expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1938, Samsung is a market leader offering LED LCD TVs at virtually every price point and size. Samsung TVs are available at national and regional retailers and online.

• Curved TV: Make any seat the best seat in the house. Samsung combines a curved screen with its Auto Depth Enhancer, an innovative design that creates a greater sense of contrast and depth.

• 4K UHD Upscaling: Even if you're watching non-4K content, Samsung's upscaling technology automatically improves the picture quality and enhances details.

• One connect box: Samsung allows you to streamline your audio and video connections by de-cluttering the connections that go from your components to your TV.

• UHD Video Pack: It comes pre-loaded with 4K UHD movies, documentaries and more to get your collection off to a great start.

• True colors: With wide color enhancer technology, brights are brighter, blacks blacker and whites are whiter, so you see pictures the way the director wanted you to see them.

• Best for: Home-theater enthusiasts and movie and TV connoisseurs.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs