Samsung TV

Quit paying for costly home repairs

Samsung TV

Quit paying for costly home repairs

3980 Samsung TV Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 3, 2019

I have a 13 year-old 40 inch Samsung LCD tv that, despite having to make several repairs to, has, overall, been a really good set. The picture quality, still today, rivals new LCDs. The color quality is spot on and it still has a rich, deep picture that is just as good as the day it was purchased. What really sets it apart for me is that, without any previous electronic experience, I was able to repair 2 problems that arose over the years as parts wore out. Based on my experience with this brand, I highly recommend Samsung LCDs to anyone on the fence thinking about buying one.

Original review: May 4, 2019

OK, my TV was made in 2010, a 49 inch. At about 7 years old the picture started fluttering. At first it was every now and then, then it got more frequent, and I was purely aggravated. So I typed in the model # and the word fluttering, and several websites popped up telling me to cut a specific resistor wire. Well, I was about to trash the thing, and thought I'd give this snip a try. My son was appalled, but it was going in the trash anyway, I had nothing to lose. Well, it worked! I have no idea what it was connected to, but my TV has worked perfectly for the last 2 years. I think besides this, Samsung is a great TV. The picture and sound are excellent.

Get expert buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 16, 2019

I bought this set in 2013 during a Black Friday sale (UN55F8000BF). It came fully loaded; camera; voice and gesture capable; PIP +. From the onset, the picture was spectacular! I've experienced absolutely no problems to date. In mid 2018, Samsung updated the set, which took some time to complete. When the picture came back on, I immediately noticed a much better picture. The detail; color; resolution; black levels, were all better. I decided to visit the local Fry's store to take a look at some of the 4K sets available to decide if I needed to upgrade. There was no substantial noticeable differences that I could detect. I've had to tell friends and family that it's not a 4K set, because of the outstanding picture quality.

Original review: March 5, 2019

Samsung TV is a 40" Flat-Screen Smart TV. This TV has excellent screen quality and sound. The features are numerous and compatible with Amazon Fire Stick. Reception is very good when attached only to an indoor, wall-mounted antenna. I purchased this TV on Amazon and it arrived with no damage whatsoever and all parts were included. The TV is lightweight and has a thin profile, so it doesn't overwhelm the area where it is placed. Cords and wires attach to the back in a way that won't add to the depth of the TV's size. I've had the TV for over two years with no problems - awesome quality. I would fully recommend this TV to others looking to purchase a quality TV.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I read lot of negative reviews, go worried as I had issue with my 75 inch Samsung TV after 11 months. It stop working and I only had 15 days left for warranty. Bought my TV from Best Buy. Called them. They forward me to Samsung warranty. It took 3 HR on phone which made me more nervous. Everything went very smooth after that, next day Samsung technician called me to check issue. They ordered parts which took 2 days. 3rd day Technician called me to book appointment. Next day he was right on time. After few diagnostics he figured out screen need to be changed. He had everything with him, 30 minutes and my TV working. No charge. Very clean JOB. No mess. Thanks Samsung.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: July 15, 2019

I’ve purchased a few Samsung TVs and have been a proponent up until now. I purchased a Samsung Smart TV about 6 months ago and I am so disappointed! I have to “reboot” the tv every two days by unplugging it and plugging it back in so that I can use my programs to stream tv. I have two other TVs in my home that we stream from and none of them have this issue so it’s not my WiFi. What an inconvenience and disappointment

Original review: July 13, 2019

I purchased an open box 80 inch Samsung from Best Buy for over $6,000. They said it was reported to have a small speck but they could not find so I thought it was a great purchase. After using for a month it showed a small spider web in the LCD where that speck was reported so I called Samsung’s repair tech and payed the $100 dollar service fee. They blamed me with damaging the screen. If so there would be markings on screen from being hit, but the damage was inside the screen on the LCD due to that speck, the exact same place Best Buy knew about. And Samsung will not fix this issue but gave me a bill to pay of 3,000 dollars to fix 6,000 for a damaged Samsung and they won’t fix the speck that resulted in a small 4/4 spider in the 80 inch lcd.

Original review: July 8, 2019

I have had this tv and the 43" version of it a few weeks and they randomly lose connection to the extent that you have to unplug them and plug them back in to work. I tried with tech support for over an hour and he keeps telling me to disable 5Ghz wireless, for a tv's that is hardwired to my router and having the same problem. I have 4 new Samsung's and all 4 of them have the problem, 1 hardwired, 1 within 5 ft to router, 1 within 3 ft to a hardwired extender, and only 1 where range could be an issue, but that tv isn't used very often. I have always loved Samsung but this experience has made me rethink my brand loyalty.

Original review: July 8, 2019

I purchased a 55 inch curved Samsung TV for $1400.00 3 years ago. About 6 months ago a white spot appeared in the middle of screen. I called Samsung support and was told it was a display panel/ board. It would cost 1000.00 for the replacement part. Of course the TV was past the warranty period. Samsung refused to help remedy the situation. My son has a 55 Sanyo Tv that cost 500.00 that is over 5 years old and he played video games on all day and night. That TV is works better than the Samsung. The Samsung now has a couple of white spots on it. I really liked the TV when it was working properly. I will never again purchase any Samsung product because they do not stand behind there products.

Original review: June 29, 2019

Hi, We purchased SAMSUNG Smart TV Model No- PNL LED 49 Samsung UA49M5570 from Kalyan Kings Electronics Khadakpada, Kalyan, Maharashtra 421301, Bill No. **, Invoice - ** dated 06.04.2019. We are facing regular problems with the performance of the TV. I have purchased this TV on the occasion of Gudi Padwa on 6th of April 2019 and I got delivery on 9th April.

After installation, the TV started giving problems within 5 days. I spoke to the distributor. They arranged for the technician visit. In the beginning technician started blaming the cable guy stating that TV mein kuch problem nahi hai cable ka problem hai. I approached cable guy, he said, "there is no problem with the cable. You contact Samsung," and this blame game took 2 months to realize that there was no problem with cable. There was problem with TV. Now your people are forcing me to repair the brand new TV but I am not ready for it.

I want the replacement or refund, because the TV started giving problems very second day and since then I am complaining. We are regularly using SAMSUNG Electronic products in our house for more than 1 decade. It is very unfortunate that the performance of this TV is very poor. Hope you will appreciate the ordeal we have faced in such petty issues regularly. We strongly believe that this may be one-off DEFECTIVE PIECE which might have missed Samsung’s Quality Control Process. Kindly look into the matter at the earliest. Hoping to get replacement TV. Regards, Sheetal.

Original review: June 29, 2019

I love the quality of image. The software is less than intuitive, and a curved screen is really a gimmick with no advantages in a home. It merely limits the viewing angle and reduces the choices to more expensive hanging devices.

Original review: June 23, 2019

I purchased Samsung TV model UN50MU6300. Comes with a year warranty. I purchased in March 2018, by June 2019 the picture started jumping. It’s only been a little over a year with normal TV viewing, no video game system was ever hooked to it, nor was it ever moved except from the store to home.. Now it sits in a corner unusable until I can pay to have it fixed.... it’s a rotten shame! I’ll never own another Samsung TV...

Original review: June 19, 2019

I love my Samsung television and have had zero problems in the six years that I have owned it. I did my research on Consumer Affairs and it really paid off. The picture is great, easy setup and the cost was below $400.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I’ve had my 55” flat screen for quite a few years. We recently bought another 50” for another room. Both are smart tvs and picture & quality are wonderful… so was the price! I looked at other brands in BJ's but why ruin a good thing? I’ve been very satisfied.

Original review: June 9, 2019

I really enjoy Samsung brand tv. They are always great on the price range and the quality. They always try to stay updated on their products. They are good on keep their software updated. So I want to say I recommend them to everyone.

Original review: June 5, 2019

Dear all, as far of my experience please don't purchase Samsung Smart TV which is worst product, poor quality material. This company selling products in discount rate and earning income while changing the spares. I have purchased Samsung 49 inch Smart TV last 6 months ago but with in short period screen got damaged and customer service center says 22k for changing the panel which is very high cost compare to other brand products. So never buy Samsung brand TV because this company earning income in spares.

Original review: June 5, 2019

We purchased a Beautiful 65 In. 4K curved tv for $1000 right after Black Friday 11/26/16. Well two days ago 06/04/2019 it developed a purple spot in the upper right corner and today just developed another in the top middle. My stupidity for not buying an extended warranty since our last tv was a cheapo brand from Walmart and lasted 8 years. I am assuming from all of the reviews here and online that this will get worse and eventually die out. I am saddened that this tv lasted less then three years and will never Purchase another Samsung tv. Feeling pretty duped.

Original review: May 31, 2019

This Samsung TV is less than 15 months old and Samsung won't honor the warranty. You can see from the image that the damage is internal and the tv cycles on and off showing the crack on the upper left hand corner. When the TV is off there is nothing on the screen and smooth. We been on the phone with them many times, sent pictures with the TV on and off so they can see it's a internal problem. They say that since it's a physical damage which is not they will not do anything. The tv one day just would not turn on. You can review online the complaints that people are addressing with the defective units purchased within a day that are refused of warranty repair. People are filing class actions lawsuits against Samsung left and right. This will be my last Samsung product for sure. I feel sorry for the people that have to deal with Samsung!

Original review: May 30, 2019

I have a 55 inch that’s lasted almost 10 yrs and been moved and rehung a dozen times. It’s now beginning to have a noise when I turn it on (white noise) that tells me it’s on the brink but it’s been good as it’s left on 24/7 and moved a dozen times. It’s a good one!

Original review: May 29, 2019

We bought this tv 5 years ago because of the good reviews. However, I see now the same tv getting poor reviews. I hate to dump this tv. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem? The tv has dark shadows all the time.

Original review: May 29, 2019

I and my family have always been fans of Samsung product. However, I purchased a #Samsung #QLED 49" TV and a few hours after installation, yellow dots and line distortion appeared. On the next day, the inner screen started the cracked and had worsened whenever the TV was on. Samsung had declined to replace the TV since panel damage is not covered in the warranty. I will not recommend my friend or family to buy Samsung TV anymore.

Original review: May 19, 2019

I own a 55 inch Roku TV. Which in my opinion is freaking amazing! I get so many of my favorite apps and even apps I never knew of plus free cord cutting cable. I bought my daughter a 32 inch Samsung smart TV which I gotta admit isn't as smart as the Roku TV. I can't get certain apps on the Samsung TV like the Roku TV provides. I feel from my experience the Roku TV is unlimited with experience. I gotta get Philo or Boomerang app on the Samsung TV like Roku gives you. I actually had to purchase Roku stick to play into the Samsung TV to convert it into a Roku TV. That's really sad I had to take those actions. So what? It all boils down to my point. ROKU TVs are far more advanced than Samsung smart TVs. The name smart TV is misleading. It should be renamed Samsung dumb TV. I will never purchase another Samsung TV. If you keep on this path Samsung you will lose customer to your competitors.

Original review: May 15, 2019

Samsung 60” TV fails after 18 months (no picture). Called Samsung and the foreign call center was not helpful. TV out of warranty so the repair is on my dime. They don’t even have an authorized repair centers near me. TV has sound, but no picture. Used a flashlight to see if I could see an image, and I did. Problem might be a bad power supply circuit board (10% chance), at a cost of $60. The most likely problem is a burnt out LED light on the backlight strips (if one fails, the entire backlights quits working. The cost to disassemble and replace the LED backlight strips is over $300, through a local TV repair guy. Needless to say I will no long purchase Samsung products again. For a $500 TV to last only 18 months is unacceptable, and the poor customer support only adds insult to injury. Beware and be informed... This is a widespread problem from my research, so steer clear of Samsung!

Original review: May 15, 2019

This Samsung smart tv was extremely easy to set up and be connected to streaming services online. It was a bit more expensive than some other brands, but the picture quality and expected longevity make it worth the extra money.

Original review: May 12, 2019

This TV has worked fine for years until Samsung decided to 'update' it with Samsung owned TV channel that streams by default when you turn on the TV

and can't be removed. Samsung customer service, just says it's been made a default app and therefore can't be removed, but were otherwise unable to help. Basically Samsung turned my TV into a popup ad without my consent and refused to result the issue.

Original review: May 11, 2019

The first 4k I've owned and do not have 4k service but it makes the HD pictures come across with indescribable clarity. I bought this tor a second TV and wish I'd bought a larger size and for my main TV viewing.

Original review: May 9, 2019

All devices in my house connect fairly quickly to very quickly. However, the newer model Samsung 50" TV with the SmartHub wireless connection takes 5 to 10 minutes to connect. I've called tech support multiple times and they can't offer a solution without sending a technician. They answer the phone very quickly for such a large company. However, they just want to get you off the phone once they find out what the problem is. I guess rather than waste any more time on them, I'll just buy a Roku and skip the SmartHub. I won't be buying any more Samsung products.

Original review: May 6, 2019

After spending right at $3000.00 and owning our Samsung 65 inch curve screen TV a little over a year a black line developed vertically through the middle of the screen. After extensive discussion with the tech folks that had trouble communicating in English they told me I had to call a repairman and pay for it. I went online and other folks have also had this problem and there were a couple of suggestion for a fix but neither worked for me.

Original review: April 28, 2019

Less than 2 yrs after purchasing a 65" Samsung 4K LED TV and outside the warranty period reflectors started falling off the LED's causing white spots on the screen. I currently have 5 such spots on the screen. I loved the TV and great picture but for the cost of the set I feel is unacceptable and a design flaw and should be covered by the manufacturer but it's not.

Original review: April 25, 2019

Purchased a Samsung HD 4K 55 inch Smart TV. The TV had a good picture while it lasted! The problem is that it only lasted two years and 2 months from purchase date. The TV had a shadow in the middle of the screen for several months, then one night it made noises and the screen went black and quit working. It would costs over two hundred dollars for a service call, so we decided to purchase another 55" Vizio TV. I can't believe the Samsung TV only lasted 2 years and 2 months. So we decided to go back to the brand (Vizio) we had before we bought that Samsung. We are still using are older Vizio 42" TV in another room of our house. We bought a 55" Vizio. Thank you Vizio for having a good product.

Samsung Computers and Monitors expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1938, Samsung is a market leader offering LED LCD TVs at virtually every price point and size. Samsung TVs are available at national and regional retailers and online.

• Curved TV: Make any seat the best seat in the house. Samsung combines a curved screen with its Auto Depth Enhancer, an innovative design that creates a greater sense of contrast and depth.

• 4K UHD Upscaling: Even if you're watching non-4K content, Samsung's upscaling technology automatically improves the picture quality and enhances details.

• One connect box: Samsung allows you to streamline your audio and video connections by de-cluttering the connections that go from your components to your TV.

• UHD Video Pack: It comes pre-loaded with 4K UHD movies, documentaries and more to get your collection off to a great start.

• True colors: With wide color enhancer technology, brights are brighter, blacks blacker and whites are whiter, so you see pictures the way the director wanted you to see them.

• Best for: Home-theater enthusiasts and movie and TV connoisseurs.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs