Samsung TV

Quit paying for costly home repairs

Samsung TV

Quit paying for costly home repairs

Samsung TV Reviews

Original review: Sept. 1, 2019

I own 3 TV's. All are Samsung and basically the same size. 40 inch. I bought my mother another brand and it did not work well at all. Went and got her a Samsung. She also had 3 Samsung TVs. Two 19 inch and a 32 inch. These have all been great TV's. Great picture, good sound from the TV and easy to set up and use. I did have trouble with one when I first brought it home from the store. Unfortunately I bought it from a military exchange store and they didn't offer an exchange, contacted Samsung and Samsung sent out a technician and he discovered the problem, fixed it and have had no problems since then. Only brand I will own.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

I bought my Samsung 4K E 600 series 60 inch smart tv 3 years ago. It has worked flawlessly and the picture clarity and color after adjustment are better than the Sharp smart tv It replaced. The set up was relatively easy, but required reading and following the set instructions for the many functions beyond setting basic functions like the language, picture, audio and display. Many of the functions are not intuitive as they are layered where in addition to port setting, you need to set up the source connection on the set screen. Among the difficulties were the WiFi set up, and source setups for connecting and using my numerous auxiliary devices as I have “cut the cable” and use a Roku, a DVR, Two DVD players for PAL and NTSC dvds, a combo vhs/dvd player recorder and a 2 gb media Storage device.

A major problem from the beginning was opening the remote to insert batteries and to learn its few buttons (6) including the power button and the substitute two thin bars and circle for the many buttons of most remotes. None of the buttons are well marked for function. What does a button marked “extra” indicate as a function or one marked 1,2,3? The remote was designed for a sleek look and is visually attractive, but it is the worst designed remote for function that I have ever had for any tv including the complicated universal remote that I have bought as a consequence. The Samsung remote is a sleek thin wand, comfortable to hold in the hand, but the designed circle, not buttons that control movement for stations, and to different sources for viewing do not function well, nor do the thin bars that control, volume, and menu.

It was from the beginning nearly impossible to open. The case is so tightly closed that pressing the small arrow on the back to open the case down with a thumb or any finger while holding it in the palm of the other hand does not work as the arrow itself barely moves when pressed. I have had to take it to the store for them to open it and the technician had to pry it open with a tool. Another drawback for people who have older equipment is that there is only one input for Devices that connect with RCA cables and not HDMI, of which there are four inputs. There is however a convenient input for my usb devices. Overall, I would recommend the Samsung and the technical support I received for help on one or two occasions was good except for the problem of opening the remote. By phone, it did not work.

Get expert buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 4, 2019

OK, my TV was made in 2010, a 49 inch. At about 7 years old the picture started fluttering. At first it was every now and then, then it got more frequent, and I was purely aggravated. So I typed in the model # and the word fluttering, and several websites popped up telling me to cut a specific resistor wire. Well, I was about to trash the thing, and thought I'd give this snip a try. My son was appalled, but it was going in the trash anyway, I had nothing to lose. Well, it worked! I have no idea what it was connected to, but my TV has worked perfectly for the last 2 years. I think besides this, Samsung is a great TV. The picture and sound are excellent.

Original review: March 16, 2019

I bought this set in 2013 during a Black Friday sale (UN55F8000BF). It came fully loaded; camera; voice and gesture capable; PIP +. From the onset, the picture was spectacular! I've experienced absolutely no problems to date. In mid 2018, Samsung updated the set, which took some time to complete. When the picture came back on, I immediately noticed a much better picture. The detail; color; resolution; black levels, were all better. I decided to visit the local Fry's store to take a look at some of the 4K sets available to decide if I needed to upgrade. There was no substantial noticeable differences that I could detect. I've had to tell friends and family that it's not a 4K set, because of the outstanding picture quality.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I read lot of negative reviews, go worried as I had issue with my 75 inch Samsung TV after 11 months. It stop working and I only had 15 days left for warranty. Bought my TV from Best Buy. Called them. They forward me to Samsung warranty. It took 3 HR on phone which made me more nervous. Everything went very smooth after that, next day Samsung technician called me to check issue. They ordered parts which took 2 days. 3rd day Technician called me to book appointment. Next day he was right on time. After few diagnostics he figured out screen need to be changed. He had everything with him, 30 minutes and my TV working. No charge. Very clean JOB. No mess. Thanks Samsung.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

The worst experience ever. Customer service set up a repair date then called me and told me that they can’t find anyone to fix it and my Warranty is void because I got tv as a gift and didn’t purchase it myself. **. I will be calling the Attorney General Monday morning on this piece of ** company. DO NOT BUY SAMSUNG. Save yourself the hassle. They will find a way to void the Warranty by any means possible. I asked to speak with a supervisor and no one has gotten back to me as of yet. ** SAMSUNG!!!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

5 years old, hardly used tv as it is in a seasonal home. The capacitor failed, tv goes off sporadically - have to shake it to go back on. Samsung doesn’t acknowledge that this is a problem, but it is. What a piece of junk, and will replace with anything but a Samsung. They communicate via text messages and after an hour of back and forth, they finally answered my question. Guess they don’t want to be upfront with a regular call. Awful, experience. Too bad they don’t stand behind their product or are upfront with the problems they are aware of.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

I have bought a Samsung tv less than 12 months ago. Every time I exit the TV listings a large banner appears on the screen at the bottom. I have turned it off but now it has returned and will not turn off. I contacted support and they wanted £5 to tell me how to switch this feature off. I am disgusted with samsung and I will never buy another samsung product as long as I live. One star is one too many for this product.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

I purchased a flat screen about 7 years ago. It ran fine for the first 6 years then the tv started cycling on and off with a fuzzy screen for a while about 10 minutes then it would turn on then it started taking an half hour to turn on while cycling on and off then eventually just would not turn on and just keep cycling on and off. I called many people at Samsung many places and they are all taught to say the same thing. It was recalled but the recall is over. That to me does not even make good sense. They purchased a bunch of bad capulators for theses tvs and put them in for about 2 years then these tvs all started breaking some within a couple years and a lot of them are breaking down now.

They know what the problem is but they say the recall is over. So now my 2000.00 tv is garbage. They tell me it's 7 years and that is old for a tv. Samsung made no effort to get this out into the public or I would of had them replaced. I turned in my paper work when I purchased it so they had my address also. But something like this should of been on the news. For sure we are talking millions of customers. And how can you say a recall is over. Maybe a warranty is up but a recall is never over. They should at least fix their parts they know are bad. Apparently there was already a recall on this product when I purchased it. DO NOT PURCHASE A SAMSUNG TV OR ANYTHING ELSE. THEY DO NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

My TV control board on my Samsung TV went bad. How I figured this out was all the HDMI and cable connections quit working. I'm very disappointed in Samsung products especially when they fail less than one year. What happened to quality, what happened to integrity, what happened to Samsung standing behind its product. When I called in, do you know what their answer was... The young lady who answered my warranty call read a disclaimer to me. The disclaimer - if they find that I have damaged the TV in anyway that I would be responsibly for the part, labor and service fee. They were looking for a way to charge me for their cheap product. I go online and find everyone is having this same issue with the TV. EVERYONE!!!! The girl on the other end suggested I go and buy a new TV.

If I'm going to go buy a new TV it sure will never be a SAMSUNG. They product junk, things that don't last anymore. This is the reason we have so much trash in our landfills. All the other TV's that were purchased in my house during the same time I purchased this junk Samsung TV (which was cost more, expensive junk) are still running with no issues. I hardly even use this TV except for football games. I'll never buy another Samsung TV again. To top everything off, I placed the service request and had to fly out of town and wasn't able to meet the service technician. So they cancelled my service ticket and then told me I'd be responsible. I'm considering packing the TV up and shipping it back with no return address so they can fill the landfill up with plastic junk.

Samsung Computers and Monitors expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1938, Samsung is a market leader offering LED LCD TVs at virtually every price point and size. Samsung TVs are available at national and regional retailers and online.

• Curved TV: Make any seat the best seat in the house. Samsung combines a curved screen with its Auto Depth Enhancer, an innovative design that creates a greater sense of contrast and depth.

• 4K UHD Upscaling: Even if you're watching non-4K content, Samsung's upscaling technology automatically improves the picture quality and enhances details.

• One connect box: Samsung allows you to streamline your audio and video connections by de-cluttering the connections that go from your components to your TV.

• UHD Video Pack: It comes pre-loaded with 4K UHD movies, documentaries and more to get your collection off to a great start.

• True colors: With wide color enhancer technology, brights are brighter, blacks blacker and whites are whiter, so you see pictures the way the director wanted you to see them.

• Best for: Home-theater enthusiasts and movie and TV connoisseurs.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs