Samsung TV

Samsung TV
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.02/5

Samsung TV Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung TV?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

2 years ago I replaced every kitchen appliance with a Samsung device. I have been happy with them. Yesterday I purchased a 55" QLED 4k Smart TV from them to use as a computer monitor. Then I found out that the remote they give you doesn't have a source/input button. You have to scroll through a dozen preinstalled "apps" from vendor partners to get back to your PC you have it plugged into, if you switched away to watch Netflix for a while or something. Fair enough.

I contact support, asking them how to delete the vendor apps. "Sorry, you can't do that". Okay, where can I get a replacement remote that's better than this one and has a source button on it? "These TVs will only work with *that* remote". Ah, so my solution is to return your product and exchange it for a competitors product. That seems like a bad solution for both of us, no? "It's a limitation of the product" No, it sounds more like it's a limitation of your company's marketing division. I build hardware for a living. Not a single product I've ever made requires a hulu app to be installed in order for it to function. Turns out some fine people have released a custom hacked firmware for samsung TVs that replaces everything. That's my next try. Samygo.tv has the details. But it's probably easier just to buy from someone else in the first place.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

Samsung stuff lasts forever. Not just a pretty new appliance with all the bells and whistles and only lasts a couple of years. I have a small Samsung nineteen inch color television that's used every day for the past thirty five years and never had a problem with it.

Get buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

We have spent hours trying to figure out why Samsung would arbitrarily limit the internet connection password field to 8 characters. Our service's password is 12. Since we cannot connect to the secure side of our internet service we now have to take the TV off the wall and return it. Samsung does not stand behind its products. Support is slow and redundant and they simply give up at the end, telling you to call if you are on an online chat or to go online if you are on a call. You cannot get to someone who is not a contractor and really cares. Oddly, I sat through a 20 minute Samsung CES 2021 ad on Youtube and they clearly want to connect your kitchen, your living room and even your pets to the internet, yet they cannot even connect this one TV. Seems like a hopeless endeavor to me.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2020

I purchased my Samsung 55” 8series TV approximately 4 months ago. The TV worked well at first. Then one day a message appeared that said an update for the tv was available. I allowed the update and it was a huge mistake. The TV has Samsung Plus which Samsung uses advertise. Since the update Samsung Plus is no longer an app it is embedded software and operates as a source on the TV. This Samsung Plus kicks me out of any other source I try to use. We can’t watch a movie, play games or even plug a stick in to watch movies.

Samsung Plus overrides any source we try to use (HDMI,USB). Samsung also embedded advertising such as MacDonalds and others. I know these are embedded because I no longer allow the tv access to the internet and Samsung Plus and the advertising still come up. This tv is nothing more than a data mining and advertising platform for Samsung. I’ve called, sent emails and receive nothing back. This TV is junk and a waste of money. Don’t buy Samsung.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

I bought this TV about 3 YEARS AGO, the controller just died. I phoned them to have it replaced, was told warranty only lasted a year. I need to pay almost 60.00 plus shipping from I guess Ontario, I live in B.C. I told them the controller last longer than the TV, I shouldn't have to pay for a poorly made piece of crap. Asked for a phone no for head office, didn't have one. I had a few other things to say about their crap hung up on me. I ALWAYS THOUGHT Samsung was a good product, in fact, I bought a tablet so. I wondering how long this is giving to last before it dies. I'm older, can't afford to pay for this. Never will I buy Samsung again, what a poor company this is. I'm APPALLED with that company, why haven't they got a office in Vancouver, we have one of the most expensive mailing systems in the world. Controllers are cheap plastic crap, ate batteries, had to replace every few months. Thank You.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

Loaded with Apps you can't move or delete. When apps are added, there is a long, long process to repeat each time with their "intuitive" keyboard which makes it almost impossible to enter info--it messes with the qwerty keyboard, guessing your next letter (never works). The TV simply stopped recognizing my apps like SHO, STARZ, HULU. I had to reset tv to factory settings, re-install each app individually using the insane keyboard--it took a FULL EVENING to reinstall. After 2 months. If I have to repeat this process even once more, this tv is going straight to garbage. Not worth the aggravation. Buy another brand and use a ROKU. My other TVs have been going strong for a couple of years. DON'T BUY SAMSUNG.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

The TV itself is a great quality with great features, until it isn’t anymore. Have had the tv for 2 years and now one half of the tv is going out. Over $300 to fix, honestly not worth it. I will not be getting another Samsung tv unless it comes with a much longer warranty.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2020

Me and my colleague in our condo vacation unit in the Philippines bought a brand new TV 2 yrs ago. Knowing it's a vacation house TV not used always. LCD Broke down one after the other! Asking us to pay 17k.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2020

Expensive TV that won’t last. Less than one year, tv is stuck in a reboot loop. Continually switches on and off. Samsung knows about this defect and will do nothing. It will start at anything after warranty expires. Just check the Samsung service page or google “Samsung TV stuck in continually rebooting” and you will see so many complaints to their service department about it and no resolution to the known defect. The only fix is don’t buy a Samsung TV.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

TV screen failed after 20 days of little use. Given a number to call by Harvey Norman & did a troubleshooting with Samsung. Promised a visit by a repairman but heard nothing. We are pensioners so this is a big purchase for us.

Samsung Computers and Monitors author review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1938, Samsung is a market leader offering LED LCD TVs at virtually every price point and size. Samsung TVs are available at national and regional retailers and online.

• Curved TV: Make any seat the best seat in the house. Samsung combines a curved screen with its Auto Depth Enhancer, an innovative design that creates a greater sense of contrast and depth.

• 4K UHD Upscaling: Even if you're watching non-4K content, Samsung's upscaling technology automatically improves the picture quality and enhances details.

• One connect box: Samsung allows you to streamline your audio and video connections by de-cluttering the connections that go from your components to your TV.

• UHD Video Pack: It comes pre-loaded with 4K UHD movies, documentaries and more to get your collection off to a great start.

• True colors: With wide color enhancer technology, brights are brighter, blacks blacker and whites are whiter, so you see pictures the way the director wanted you to see them.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team