2.90/5
Based on 193 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

3748 Samsung TV Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

Bought a Samsung 60" LED TV during 2016 Holiday Season. It died today. Contacted Samsung support and was told the warranty expired 12/31/2017. This is the first time I bought a TV that died. Sad. Worst TV ever bought.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Just bought a 42" Smart TV from Samsung, after 5 months of usage, bright spots appeared in all corners of the TV. After spending hard earned money and reading reviews on Samsung TV I'm afraid all I can do is just sit and wait for the TV to be totally damaged. Lesson learned don't buy the brand, buy the quality.

Get expert buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 30, 2018

UDH 4k TV (UN55KS8000) stopped working correctly after just 16 months. Dark area appears on the TV, repair would be as much as a new TV. The problem is frequent with Samsung TVs as a Google search shows. Don't buy!!!

Original review: July 25, 2018

Purchased this tv (Samsung model TV Un60h6203afxza) in 2015 (paid a lot of money thinking I was buying a good reliable product since the name was Samsung. What a mistake that was) and yesterday the picture went out! Called Samsung, yeah right...went thru a few steps and was told I'd have to take it to a service center, where is the nearest to me, guess what there isn't one! Basically, “I'm sorry is there anything else I can do???” What a JOKE Samsung and a waste of time! I had to end calling Best Buy and talking with them then it was the main display which would cost more than buying a new TV to fix if it could even be fixed!

When you go into a store to make a expensive purchase you expect a good quality product that will last! I have 2 other Samsung TVs, a fridge that the ice maker has already went out 3 yrs ago, 2 new Samsung phones that I wished I would have never purchased! This will be my last Samsung purchase! I’m going to purchase products from a more reliable company that cares and would at least offer you a discount on your next tv, electronics purchase! They could care less about customer satisfaction or keeping you as a customer! TAKE MY ADVICE DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM SAMSUNG. YOU'LL REGRET IT. TRUST ME! VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED IN SAMSUNG.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I called Samsung. After sitting on phone for 45 min., Samsung says warranty good for 1 yr. only. Spent 1599.99 on tv they won't repair. Too much monies to be out of a tv and use it only a yr. Someone should be able to do something or warn buyers of Samsung. Just not fair.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: July 24, 2018

Known issue with Samsung and they will not advise public. My 55" Samsung fell off the wall and getting help from Samsung is not easy. I recommend NEVER buy Samsung TV unless you want to risk great bodily injury and property damage. I do not trust this company with any of their products.

Original review: July 21, 2018

Great TV all the way around. Had to call them once on set-up and they answered quickly and were very helpful. Samsung has the best quality with all the whistles and bells. Its a good reliable television with excellent features and picture.

Original review: July 20, 2018

Samsung is the best brand. It's an innovative brand, top of tech. Always improving, ease interface with any other device, great connectivity, best fidelity and enhanced image.

Original review: July 18, 2018

Cannot tell you how impressed I am with my Samsung TV. I bought my 24 inch Samsung Christmas 2017... It is excellent for the price and the color is amazing as the sound. I am hard of hearing and the quality of sound is so good I can turn up the volume only one half of my old Sony.

Original review: July 14, 2018

Purchased a 55 4K Samsung "Smart" TV 3 years ago. After about a year and a half I started to have issues with it. Read up, it stated that sometimes it needed to reboot. After 2 1/2 years the TV progressively got worse, it kept going blank, it would not allow me to watch Netflix or even basic TV. I went to the place I purchased it from and they stated Samsung decided to stop supporting the TV, it will no longer update. I contact Samsung asking them if what I heard was true, their response was "The TV is over 2 years old, we cannot help you, thanks for buying a Samsung". I told them, "I had a "no name" Smart TV with zero issues, and 5 other TV's that all work fine, and that is your response?" Never will I buy a Samsung again, 2 years for a TV?

Original review: July 13, 2018

82" QLED came with a defective panel. Conn's will not swap out and I can only return if I pay a restocking fee of over $500. Paid over $4000 for a new Samsung TV and now I'm stuck with a defective product.

Original review: July 11, 2018

Samsung is good quality and has a great picture. The color is beautiful and the curved television is really good to look at. I would recommend Samsung to anyone who asked me about it.

Original review: July 10, 2018

I love all the Samsung products even though they fall short sometimes. I have bought 80% of my Samsung products like TV and telephone. You name it and I bought it. I really really love Samsung. Their products are the best. Especially love my phone. It does all the things that I needed to do and more. My washing machine and dryer is off the hook. I will always stick with Samsung products.

Original review: July 9, 2018

In April 2018, I purchased a 55 in QLED TV from HSN. May 2018, I had the TV installed and set up by Geek Squad. Two weeks later, the TV stopped working at least I thought it was the TV or cable box. Comcast spent two hours at my house and the diagnosis was that the One Connect Box HDMI ports (none of them) were not working. I called HSN and they informed me that the TV had a 2 year warranty and I should call Samsung and I did. They requested a receipt of purchase and I provided that to them. A new One Connect box was sent to me but it didn't work.

Next I called an authorized TV repair store and they told me to call Samsung back and tell them that they need to send a new box and the serial numbers need to match the original. I called once again and Samsung asked for a pic of the replacement One Connect box. I sent it, they claimed they didn't receive it. I called. They created an additional repair ticket and I asked that I resend the pic. I resent the pic and after a week I received a call on June 29 saying they received the pic and the replacement box would be sent within 2-3 days. I came home one week later from vacation to find no replacement box.

Today I called and the first rep read through all of the notes and was wondering why are there so many notes and tickets. He then sounded shocked and exasperated about my situation. He said would try to escalate this because it is ridiculous that I have a TV that is still broken after all of this time. He transfers me to a case manager that read the account all over again and then ask me for a pic of the replacement box to which I blasted her for she and her company's incompetence. She realized that the pic was associated with another ticket and said the pic was there. SMDH. She then told me the box would be sent 5-7 business days.

I am beyond furious. I have never in my life experienced such incompetence. I have an older Samsung TV and it never gave one problem in the 10 years I've owned it. It seems Samsung is out of its depth with this newfangled One Connect bullcrap of a box. I am now in the process of finding an attorney. I'm also tempted to sell this expensive piece crap for parts and buy an LG TV instead.

Original review: July 9, 2018

We have a smart tv and at first we were a little overwhelmed but after a few days of reading and experimenting we are now technically savvy. The picture quality is awesome and when we have to replace it we will buy another Samsung. We enjoy all the features that are offered especially the streaming capabilities it gives us. We will invest in a sound bar to enhance the digital experience. All in all we made a good choice in this purchase. Their support techs are also very knowledgeable. We had to call for some assistance for the setup and they were extremely prompt and walked us through the process.

Original review: July 8, 2018

Samsung 4k TV's overheat a lot and TV panel cracks regarding heat. I am very upset about the situation and Samsung customer service is terrible and they are not helpful. It's hard to get an appointment to see one their Samsung tech. The warranty sucks and they do not cover cracked panels even if they sell a defective products. Basically all their products overheat. I will never buy a Samsung product again.

Original review: July 5, 2018

I have a Samsung 55" Smart TV that I purchased in September 2012 and paid $2,700 for... Only six year later, I have to buy a new TV (am not buying Samsung again) because my TV has been having all sorts of issues, screen scrambles and TV goes off and on on its own. Now I have shadow that goes across entire screen along with shadow that was first sign of problem at bottom of screen. I was told that it would cost me at least $1,000 to fix. I expected the TV to last me at least ten years... not just six for the amount you have to pay for these systems. Extremely disappointed. I was going to buy a Samsung Refrigerator in the next six months... But now will stay away from this manufacturer. Can't trust their product.

Original review: July 5, 2018

I like Samsung T.V.'S very much. I have a older one that has Audio Out Jacks for R.C.A Jacks enabling me to hook up to older sound systems with better sound. The newer T.V.'S don't have this feature but other brands do. I'm looking to purchase another T.V. but have to go with another brand that has that feature. Turntables have made a drastic comeback, I suggest R.C.A. jacks should as well. I have a 60in. new T.V. and a 27in one from early 2000 and no problems. Still working very well, both Samsung.

The only way to get audio out is to connect to R.C.A. jacks on the back of the cable box. But anything hooked up to H.D.M.I will only play through the T.V. speakers in the newer models unless connected to the fiber-optic audio out jack which older audio systems don't have. Older Kenwoods and Maranz etc systems have fantastic power and sound and some people still use cause of the sound quality and they are equipped with powerful amplifiers to amplify turntables that are not equip with them.

Original review: July 5, 2018

I have tried to reset the Guide but it won't let me. The online help doesn't help at all. No matter what I do the guide has gone and that is one of the features I bought the TV for. I use the guide to schedule my viewing for series programmes and now I can't do that. As I said the online help is no good at all. I clicked "contact Samsung" and nothing happened.

Original review: July 2, 2018

I’m Korean so you know I support Samsung 100%. Not anymore. All the appliances and electronics in my house is Samsung from 4 TV’s to a fridge I just bought late of last year. I bought a curved 55” 4K TV in 2016 on Black Friday and just last March of 2018 my TV was having some problems. I called Samsung in March and told them that my remote won’t sync with the TV and they helped me diagnose the problem and they told me they think it’s the remote’s fault and that I should replace it. Been in Korea the past 3 months and after coming back last week I ordered the remote and tried to sync it with the TV while on the phone with Samsung’s customer service.

Turns out the remote isn’t the problem so there goes $7 having to restock the remote by sending it back and then they tell me it’s not under factory warranty since it’s been initially 15 months when my TV started it’s problems. So the only thing they could do to help me was refer me a place to get it fixed in which I called today to see how much it would cost. An appointment that costs $90 just to look at the TV and an estimate of what they think the problem will cost which is $300. $390 TO FIX A TV I PAID $750 FOR!!! Never buying a Samsung again. I had a problem with the other Samsung TV 3 months after buying it and Samsung came and fixed it for free and I’ve been using that TV for 8 years. You lost a good customer.

Original review: July 2, 2018

I like Samsung for the overall cost and how much TV you get for your buck. I have had Samsung TVs for quite some time now and I have never had an issue with them and for the cost they last a pretty long time.

Original review: June 29, 2018

Bought a Samsung 43" Smart TV 8 months ago; a few weeks ago, started having power issues - sound but no picture. Turn off, turn on, and picture comes up. Now no picture at all. After 6 phone calls to Samsung Tech Service, Samsung wants to try to repair it instead of replace this defective set while it's still under warranty. Of course repair will take minimum two weeks. And if the repair doesn't work, what then? Obviously this is a LEMON TV!!! VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Original review: June 29, 2018

Don't buy Samsung TV any model because they take money for TV and other accessories such like remote, table stand and wall mount bracket. But if you not install wall mount they installing on the table given by ourself and wall mount they take back. Even we request they denying to give. At present I am living in a rental home and I will be back to my own home after a year. Then once again I have to spend money for wall mount. Samsung collecting money for all the accessory while we buy and if we don’t wish to install wall mount they not giving in hand and taking back with them. This is a typical cheating attitude of Samsung TV. Waste of money. As per my experience I say Don’t buy Samsung TV products.

Original review: June 27, 2018

When our 15 year old Dell Plasma TV wouldn't turn on anymore, my husband and I did a lot of research and decided to replace it with the best new technology and quality out there with the hope that it will last for another 15 years. We decided to purchase a 2018 Samsung 65" QLED top of the line smart TV - their most expensive and most recent model. We mounted it on our wall on Saturday, June 2, 2018. Everything about it was fantastic - the one connect box made it very easy to set up - except that there was this bright spot in the lower right hand corner of the screen. The spot was in 2" from the right and 5" from the bottom of the screen. It took us a while to notice it because the spot was very faint at first and the horizontal line radiating from it wasn't visible against light backgrounds - the screen menu at the bottom was light.

Also when we did see the horizontal line, it fell at a location where TV channels display their logos, so it looked like it was something that was supposed to be there. Unlike the horizontal line, the vertical line was very faint and you had to stand next up to screen to notice it. After watching it for a couple days, we started to worry about it because the spot and the horizontal line seemed to be getting larger and brighter - and we could now see the vertical line from a distance. We checked different channels and sources, and it was always present. I did online searches about this, and was kind of horrified to learn that these new LED TVs, even these new technologies with OLEDs and QLED don't tend to last very long - we've been spoiled with our well-made plasma TV that never gave us a bit of trouble.

Some people complained that the location of the horizontal and vertical lines were in the middle of their TV screens, and maybe we should consider ourselves lucky that ours was in a corner that didn't obstruct our view too much. But we shouldn't have to have these issues with a brand new TV right out of the box. On June 6, I initiated a chat with Samsung - after going through verification, unplugging and replugging the TV, etc., the chat person said I needed to contact their service department - luckily I checked the box requesting a copy of our conversation - since Samsung later claims that the first time we contacted them was the 12th! We bought an extended warranty with Best Buy, so I thought it might be better to call them next, which I did on June 7th. They said that since I opened a ticket with Samsung, they have priority so I need to see what they do first.

Monday, the following week I called Samsung to check the status of the ticket. It was a confusing conversation. The chat person had gotten the model number incorrect. I thought I was able to get it straightened out with the person on the phone, who said that they have to open a new ticket. I sent them two pictures of the screen showing the problem. They said that a repair service will be contacting me within 3 days. The next day (Tuesday), a service center texted me to let me know that Samsung contacted them, and they had ordered the part and can come out as soon as they receive the part - so far so good. I texted them back to say thanks and started to provide directions to our house because we live in a rural area 4 miles behind a locked gate and there is no cell phone service and it's complicated.

The service technician said, "Wait a minute - we're 70 miles away from your nearest town (actually 90 miles from our house) and you are located outside our service area - they will need to transfer this." They said they will let Samsung know. I told them that we had extended warranty with Best Buy and they are close by - their Geek Squad should be able to do the repair. To make sure that everyone was on the same page, I contacted Samsung on Tuesday, June 12th to check on the situation - that their service technician won't be coming out and that I would be calling Best Buy to come out instead. My husband called Best Buy and they set up an appointment to come out on Tuesday, June 26th. Meanwhile, my husband gets a call on Wednesday June 20th that a technician will be coming out on Friday the 22th. We're thinking that Best Buy had a cancellation and that they were coming out earlier.

On Thursday, June 21, I receive a call from Samsung asking about how the service went. I go into this long history and it turns out that the person coming out on Friday is the original service tech that was supposed to be canceled, not the Best Buy Geek Squad. So I text the Samsung service tech and they said that Samsung re-opened the ticket on the 12th instead of cancelling it but didn't let us know. So since they got the part and we've been getting this all run-around, they were willing to do the 4 hour drive to our house even though they normally don't service our area.

They are very nice people and are very competent. But I take a look at the box the replacement part is in and I have a bad feeling - they say it is the right part, and they never had Samsung send them a wrong part - so they take apart our brand new, very expensive TV - unplug a couple of things on the board. Then unpack the box with the replacement screen - and guess what - it's the wrong part! So the brand new, very expensive TV is put back together and all I can think is we got a lemon - instead of replacing the TV, we are wasting days talking with customer service, sending pictures, waiting for service technicians. Since the Best Buy tech was coming out the following Tuesday, it was decided to not do anything else until that visit was over.

I received a call from Samsung on Monday, June 25th and went through the long history - everyone agreed to wait to see what Best Buy will say. Tuesday, the 26th - Best Buy Geek Squad verifies the problem and takes a bunch of pictures. Says since this a brand new TV, we should be able to get a brand-new replacement instead of going through the agony of repairing it but he has to have his supervisor agree to the exchange.

I call Samsung and actually reached a very nice person for a change that didn't sound like they were reading from a card - unfortunately didn't get his name - went through the whole history and explained what Geek Squad tech said. He said that if Best Buy won't do the exchange, that Samsung will do the exchange for us since we've been getting the run-around. I thanked the guy so much - said it was the first time I felt like it was the first time I got someone at Samsung who actually cared. I really wish I had gotten his name.

So I contact the Samsung tech - don't order the correct part. Best Buy will replace, and if they don't Samsung will - went to lunch. Best Buy tech calls in the afternoon. His supervisor won't approve the exchange - Samsung's policy is to repair not replace. So I call Samsung - get one of the people from their foreign center with a heavy accent - explain the whole situation and say I was told that Samsung would replace. The agent is rude and says they never do that. I ask to speak to his supervisor. After being put on hold for a long time, the supervisor, also with a heavy accent repeats the mantra. Call Best Buy and say we'd like to return the Samsung TV - we got a lemon. Luckily we did pay extra for the plus warranty.

I do a search on whether other people have similar problems with Samsung and found this site. Some of the stories are so similar to ours. It's a real shame - if it wasn't for horrible customer service and the problem, we really love this TV. Searches about Sony and LG OLED TVs show they have the same horrible customer service and return policies and they have lemons too. It's not just Samsung and it's not just TVs. Things were just built with more care long ago and companies stood behind their products in the past. The world has changed, and not always for the better. Companies no longer care. It would have cost Samsung a lot less time and money to have just replaced the TV - instead, they had to waste everyone's time and risk loses future business all because of their policy to repair instead of exchange.

Original review: June 27, 2018

The model I have is 55 inches and it has a wonderful picture. You can adjust everything on it and it's very sleek in style. I only buy Samsung brand TV now. They are very good quality tvs and they last longer than other brands. Also, they are smart tvs.

Original review: June 25, 2018

My Samsung TV, a 55 inch UHD (UNK55U630D) stopped working after less than 18 months of use. One morning it just would not turn on. To be completely accurate, it displays: Smart TV for about a second, then goes to black screen, then after about a minute the picture turns to snow. I believe that it is the capacitor problem that has existed for more than a decade. The capacitors on the main power board "bubble" and must be replaced. Samsung technical support is ridiculous. The first technician blamed the cable company. The second technician said the remote was bad and I needed to purchase a new one. The third technician reluctantly offered to schedule service that would cost more than the TV. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY PURCHASING SAMSUNG PRODUCTS. I will never even consider any Samsung product when making a purchasing decision.

Original review: June 24, 2018

Great picture for the price. Only bad thing is the shape of the remote... It's always falling off the table because it is not flat... And the pointer on it is terrible.

Original review: June 23, 2018

It's excellent. The picture is clear, the sound perfect, the screen size are all just what I want. I am hearing impaired and my husband has a problem with his sight so various features are really important to us. Our T.V. is dependable. The large screen helps my husband and the wonderful clear sound helps me. It's a perfect combination.

Original review: June 22, 2018

Samsung is always the right way to go with electronics. My children love their tablets and I love the tv we chose for our bedroom. It was very cost effective, it was under $300 and the performance it has given us for over the past five years has been great. The only thing I could wish for is maybe the tv and stand itself be a little less bulky. But if that is what I get for the great price, I will take it. If this tv were to ever go out, I would replace it with the exact same one!

Original review: June 20, 2018

We purchased a Samsung television on April 18, 2018. It died May 21, 2018. Best Buy would not return the unit so we filed a claim with Samsung. They came out and said that it was not repairable and that the televisions were not even suppose to be sold as they were all defective anyway. So anyway, I called and filed a claim and explained that I have not heard anything since May 21 when I spoke with Brandon. I explained that this was my 84 year old disabled mother's tv and that it was all she had that I would do whatever it takes to make this process go through as quick as possible.

Since then I have called Samsung 2 times with no updated information. After so long, we finally purchased my mom another television since it has been well over the 22 day processing time. I called today to complain to Samsung and request a refund for the first television as my repair person said was possible. I spent $1200 on the new unit and didn't need the Samsung that broke in 31 days any longer. Samsung refuses my refund and is going to send me the same model tv in exchange! I don't want another tv! But I guess we don't have a choice. I am so sickened that Samsung took advantage of my 84 year old disabled mom. How sick is that! I will never buy Samsung again and will direct EVERYONE I know away from them. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Samsung Computers and Monitors expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1938, Samsung is a market leader offering LED LCD TVs at virtually every price point and size. Samsung TVs are available at national and regional retailers and online.

• Curved TV: Make any seat the best seat in the house. Samsung combines a curved screen with its Auto Depth Enhancer, an innovative design that creates a greater sense of contrast and depth.

• 4K UHD Upscaling: Even if you're watching non-4K content, Samsung's upscaling technology automatically improves the picture quality and enhances details.

• One connect box: Samsung allows you to streamline your audio and video connections by de-cluttering the connections that go from your components to your TV.

• UHD Video Pack: It comes pre-loaded with 4K UHD movies, documentaries and more to get your collection off to a great start.

• True colors: With wide color enhancer technology, brights are brighter, blacks blacker and whites are whiter, so you see pictures the way the director wanted you to see them.

• Best for: Home-theater enthusiasts and movie and TV connoisseurs.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

1938
Korea Sout
www.samsung.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business