4.13/5
Based on 1,064 ratings submitted in the last year

3951 Samsung TV Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 19, 2019

I have my Samsung TV 3 years or more ago and it is truly good excellent picture and size, very good quality. I have not failed at any time is a very durable brand. I think it is an excellent choice.. I love it.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I purchased a UN50KU6300FXZA TV about a year and a half ago. I know how Samsung works and my year and a half TV was obsolete as soon as I purchased it. Parts are NLA almost as soon as the product is released. Currently, my TV continuously reboots and everything I have tried to "fix" the issue has not worked. It is garbage at this point and such a shame that this company creates a "throw away" product or products. Save your time and effort. If you are experiencing the same issue, chuck it up to a lesson learned and buy a TV from a company that has customer support and reliability. Stay away from LG as well. You will run into the same frustrating experiences. Good luck. Lesson learned.

Get expert buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 16, 2019

I purchased a 58 inch Samsung tv and the extended warranty. The TV's power board failed and was fixed under warranty. 180 days later the power board failed again. The repair shop showed me 60 Samsung power boards all of which failed. He said he was making quite a bit of money fixing Samsung power boards. Samsung refuses to acknowledge that they have crummy power boards and they only warranty their repairs for 90 days. Bottom line - don't purchase a Samsung tv ever.

Original review: April 15, 2019

I am unable to upgrade to Craves HBO/Movies as my 2013 TV is too old!! Very disappointing as there is nothing wrong with my TV except for this...very surprised to say the least. Does anyone else have this problem?

Original review: April 14, 2019

My TV has had many parts repaired - to date I'll say 4 at least, is still under warranty, the unit will get a full overlook by another company this coming week. Now this repairman who keeps coming out from the place I bought the TV from with my extended war. continues to tell me my TV is okay, sure it is. Is a TV with just a meat thermometer taped to the side reading 106* okay? I ask when I'm running my a/c year round, "Is this TV okay?" I ask, "Hummm maybe." I'm no repairman as he told me as well, the cable man as well who said this is way too hot 'cause he's got this same TV as well. Maybe I've got a lemon, ya just keep on tell the customer it's fine. Now should his unit plus all in that building burn down because of this tv catching fire do we contact that repairman then to ask him, "Is this tv okay?"

Gee I wonder if it really is been complaining for almost 4 and 1/2 years. The warranty is about to run out. Yes we made it. He's on his own now. We no longer need to fix his issues, this is how I've felt, when I called Samsung on Friday to report this issue, to get an independent out to check this out. If I had the money I would buy an infrared unit to check this temperature to be dead on very accurate for this true report!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: April 13, 2019

I enjoy watching the 36 inch screen Samsung television that I have in my bedroom. I am able to watch so many different shows, movies or documentaries. I have had this particular TV for several years, and have not had any technical issues. Great television!

Original review: April 12, 2019

Samsung offers great value for the every day consumer. We only experienced one technical issue (it was user error btw) with our TV and Samsung support was great in getting us back up and running. The TV is easy set up and doesn't require a technician. Although, if you're setting up to a surround sound system like we we did, get all the help you can. Samsung TVs are great performance TVs and the sound quality by itself is amazing.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I purchased a brand new Samsung 55" Frame TV from the Samsung Website using Samsung credit. The TV arrived missing parts and defective. TV turns on, nothing on the screen. Spent three hours on the phone being transferred back and forth between tech support and billing. Tech support can't help with warranty because the TV is 3 hours old, Billing will only issue me a return label. I waited 10 days for the TV to arrive. Now I have to personally remove it from the wall, package it all back up, call and wait 24 hours for a return label, schlep it in my tiny car to FedEx, wait two weeks for a refund, then purchase another one at a higher price (got it when it was on discount). No customer service whatsoever. I seriously regret purchasing this TV and even worse opening a credit line with Samsung.

Original review: March 18, 2019

Have a 55” Samsung Smart TV for the last 5 years and like it so much. I’m having a new Samsung 65” UHD installed today. Crisp clear picture. Great sound quality. I’ve never had a problem. The best of the best, just wanted to update to a larger screen and UHD.

Original review: March 18, 2019

Brand that is sold at Best Buy by Samsung reps that are clueless on their products, provide you with incorrect information and they refer you to Samsung a company that never returns emails or calls. I will recommend to do all the research on the item you are interested and not depends on their representatives.

Original review: March 18, 2019

The TV is good in many respects and the sun in the afternoon does not affect the picture but and it is a big "but", 2 of the 4 HDMI inputs failed and if any more go I will be forced to replace the unit. The other good thing is that it has a tuner which enabled me to temporarily divert the input from the Tivo and the Amp.

Original review: March 18, 2019

We have had this TV for more than 5 yrs and it has been a very good quality TV. We have not had any major problems or any breakdown of TV. It has good quality color and sound. I would purchase a Samsung TV again and would recommend it to others.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I'm overall very pleased with the price, quality & longevity of my Samsung products. I've been a faithful customer of Samsung for almost 2 decades & the products only get better w/ little to no recalls. I appreciate that in a day & time where the name/integrity of a product is questionable Samsung always comes through.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I've had my Samsung smart 4k tv for about 2 years. So far, no problems. It has great picture of course even in a lighter room. The tv menu (on screen) and remote can be a bit cumbersome until you get the "hang" of them. I would recommend this brand to any family member.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I bought this television used, from Craigslist. At the time it was just past the current model year. The television was in mint condition with a perfect picture and still to this day the tv works great and has been reliable. It is my first Samsung and I am overly impressed.

Original review: March 17, 2019

Not real happy about apps and advertisements that can not be removed or controlled. Will never buy a Sumsung product again. Ever. Same with the Roku but that is a different story but very much related.

Original review: March 17, 2019

We have a 55" Samsung "smart" HD TV for the past 3 years and have absolutely no complaints about it. We don't have a very large living room, but the 55" fits the size of our room perfectly from all angles. Picture is clear, and sound is perfect with no need for any type of volume amplifier or sound bar. Smart purchase on our part.

Original review: March 17, 2019

For the price, I find the Samsung to be reputable and of high quality. I currently have a 60 smart television that has been the envy of friends. I've had a number of Samsung products that have been dependable, long lasting and of high quality performance.

Original review: March 17, 2019

I have owned many TVs and will only buy Samsung or LG for now on. I have four Samsung TVs and one LG. They have the quality and picture I want.

Original review: March 17, 2019

I have 2 Samsung 32” TV in 2 different bedrooms. One is LED while the other is smart and LED. I purchase both of them about 5 years ago. The regular LED is in the master bedroom and is equipped with an Amazon Firestick; it is used on a daily basis and it performing wonderfully. The Smart LED is in the guest bedroom and although not use as frequently is performing very well. Both have clear pictures and have been very reliable.

Original review: March 17, 2019

Bought new uhd800D 65". Later realized the following: 1. Has no headphone port like earlier model. 2. Had no means to delete apps not wanted. 3. No dual screen capability. 4. Unable to set up local tv without their (TV plus). 5. Unable to use existing components without buying new adapters to interface. HDMI connectors or USB connectors.

Original review: March 17, 2019

SAMSUNG products are great. Good quality products and good quality components also and very good looking, easy to use and very friendly. For the case of SAMSUNG TV sets just say that are very useful, very good image quality, good interfaces (HDMI, VGA, USB, etc). Screen sizes are fine too, having several sizes, including curved ones. Amazing TV sets, recommend to everyone.

Original review: March 17, 2019

My main complaint with my television is that they don’t include a user's manual with it and the television is too complicated to take full advantage of. Otherwise I’m happy with the picture quality and durability.

Original review: March 17, 2019

Colors are accurate. Clarity of image, especially with moving images. Streams well. When seen in a showroom, the Samsung looked better, more realistic than others in the same price range.

Original review: March 16, 2019

Our TV is smarter than the owners but is user friendly, so easy to correct any wrong entries. The color and sound are both awesome.

Original review: March 16, 2019

Always been very satisfied with the overall performance of my three Samsung TV'S. My first 52 inches still going strong. Sharp picture that can be manually adjusted in many ways. I have not had any issues.

Original review: March 16, 2019

Samsung gives you good value for your money. There are more expensive more, more high tech TV’s out there but I don't believe it's worth the extra money. I have own Samsung's TV's for the last 12 years and my next one will be a Samsung.

Original review: March 16, 2019

I have a 60in Samsung plasma TV I bought new in September of 2012. Super great picture. Excellent product. Also have Samsung Galaxy S7 smartphone. Love its ease of use and looks. There's nothing else for me to say except buy Samsung!

Original review: March 16, 2019

I bought this set in 2013 during a Black Friday sale (UN55F8000BF). It came fully loaded; camera; voice and gesture capable; PIP +. From the onset, the picture was spectacular! I've experienced absolutely no problems to date. In mid 2018, Samsung updated the set, which took some time to complete. When the picture came back on, I immediately noticed a much better picture. The detail; color; resolution; black levels, were all better. I decided to visit the local Fry's store to take a look at some of the 4K sets available to decide if I needed to upgrade. There was no substantial noticeable differences that I could detect. I've had to tell friends and family that it's not a 4K set, because of the outstanding picture quality.

Original review: March 16, 2019

We have tried other brands of TVs but return to Samsung because of the user menu features and consistent way the menus work. The life span seems great also as we have 2 that are 10 years old and work perfectly. The remote controls are set up logically and batteries last practically forever. Our newest Samsung TV is absolutely amazing with its 4K resolution and 240 motion rate in addition to the automatic adjustments to the lighting conditions.

Samsung Computers and Monitors expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1938, Samsung is a market leader offering LED LCD TVs at virtually every price point and size. Samsung TVs are available at national and regional retailers and online.

• Curved TV: Make any seat the best seat in the house. Samsung combines a curved screen with its Auto Depth Enhancer, an innovative design that creates a greater sense of contrast and depth.

• 4K UHD Upscaling: Even if you're watching non-4K content, Samsung's upscaling technology automatically improves the picture quality and enhances details.

• One connect box: Samsung allows you to streamline your audio and video connections by de-cluttering the connections that go from your components to your TV.

• UHD Video Pack: It comes pre-loaded with 4K UHD movies, documentaries and more to get your collection off to a great start.

• True colors: With wide color enhancer technology, brights are brighter, blacks blacker and whites are whiter, so you see pictures the way the director wanted you to see them.

• Best for: Home-theater enthusiasts and movie and TV connoisseurs.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs