Samsung TV

Quit paying for costly home repairs

Samsung TV

Quit paying for costly home repairs

4059 Samsung TV Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 1, 2019

I own 3 TV's. All are Samsung and basically the same size. 40 inch. I bought my mother another brand and it did not work well at all. Went and got her a Samsung. She also had 3 Samsung TVs. Two 19 inch and a 32 inch. These have all been great TV's. Great picture, good sound from the TV and easy to set up and use. I did have trouble with one when I first brought it home from the store. Unfortunately I bought it from a military exchange store and they didn't offer an exchange, contacted Samsung and Samsung sent out a technician and he discovered the problem, fixed it and have had no problems since then. Only brand I will own.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

I bought my Samsung 4K E 600 series 60 inch smart tv 3 years ago. It has worked flawlessly and the picture clarity and color after adjustment are better than the Sharp smart tv It replaced. The set up was relatively easy, but required reading and following the set instructions for the many functions beyond setting basic functions like the language, picture, audio and display. Many of the functions are not intuitive as they are layered where in addition to port setting, you need to set up the source connection on the set screen. Among the difficulties were the WiFi set up, and source setups for connecting and using my numerous auxiliary devices as I have “cut the cable” and use a Roku, a DVR, Two DVD players for PAL and NTSC dvds, a combo vhs/dvd player recorder and a 2 gb media Storage device.

A major problem from the beginning was opening the remote to insert batteries and to learn its few buttons (6) including the power button and the substitute two thin bars and circle for the many buttons of most remotes. None of the buttons are well marked for function. What does a button marked “extra” indicate as a function or one marked 1,2,3? The remote was designed for a sleek look and is visually attractive, but it is the worst designed remote for function that I have ever had for any tv including the complicated universal remote that I have bought as a consequence. The Samsung remote is a sleek thin wand, comfortable to hold in the hand, but the designed circle, not buttons that control movement for stations, and to different sources for viewing do not function well, nor do the thin bars that control, volume, and menu.

It was from the beginning nearly impossible to open. The case is so tightly closed that pressing the small arrow on the back to open the case down with a thumb or any finger while holding it in the palm of the other hand does not work as the arrow itself barely moves when pressed. I have had to take it to the store for them to open it and the technician had to pry it open with a tool. Another drawback for people who have older equipment is that there is only one input for Devices that connect with RCA cables and not HDMI, of which there are four inputs. There is however a convenient input for my usb devices. Overall, I would recommend the Samsung and the technical support I received for help on one or two occasions was good except for the problem of opening the remote. By phone, it did not work.

Get expert buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 4, 2019

OK, my TV was made in 2010, a 49 inch. At about 7 years old the picture started fluttering. At first it was every now and then, then it got more frequent, and I was purely aggravated. So I typed in the model # and the word fluttering, and several websites popped up telling me to cut a specific resistor wire. Well, I was about to trash the thing, and thought I'd give this snip a try. My son was appalled, but it was going in the trash anyway, I had nothing to lose. Well, it worked! I have no idea what it was connected to, but my TV has worked perfectly for the last 2 years. I think besides this, Samsung is a great TV. The picture and sound are excellent.

Original review: March 16, 2019

I bought this set in 2013 during a Black Friday sale (UN55F8000BF). It came fully loaded; camera; voice and gesture capable; PIP +. From the onset, the picture was spectacular! I've experienced absolutely no problems to date. In mid 2018, Samsung updated the set, which took some time to complete. When the picture came back on, I immediately noticed a much better picture. The detail; color; resolution; black levels, were all better. I decided to visit the local Fry's store to take a look at some of the 4K sets available to decide if I needed to upgrade. There was no substantial noticeable differences that I could detect. I've had to tell friends and family that it's not a 4K set, because of the outstanding picture quality.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I read lot of negative reviews, go worried as I had issue with my 75 inch Samsung TV after 11 months. It stop working and I only had 15 days left for warranty. Bought my TV from Best Buy. Called them. They forward me to Samsung warranty. It took 3 HR on phone which made me more nervous. Everything went very smooth after that, next day Samsung technician called me to check issue. They ordered parts which took 2 days. 3rd day Technician called me to book appointment. Next day he was right on time. After few diagnostics he figured out screen need to be changed. He had everything with him, 30 minutes and my TV working. No charge. Very clean JOB. No mess. Thanks Samsung.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

We purchased a 43" Samsung Smart TV from Best Buy exactly one year and eight days ago. The model number is UN43J5202AFXZA. This morning the picture went black. A faint image can be seen if a flashlight is shown at the screen. We purchased the latest technology HDTV with LED lighting and expected it would last us a few years. Since the manufacturer's warranty is for one year, we will have to pay for what I expect will be a service call (or two) and an expensive part. I bought a Samsung because I thought the quality would be superior but I have been sadly disappointed!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

Don’t buy a Samsung TV. Because I bought 65” Smart TV a couple years ago and it won’t even turn on. Reached out to Samsung and found no help from them and multiple complaints online about this TV. It’s a shame the picture quality is very good.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

Samsung provide a plethora of features that (especially the 7000 series) that are hard to beat. A lot of the features available on TVs today seem to be copied by Samsung. I just believe Samsung has been a great pioneer in providing state of the art innovation and for the money are tough to beat.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

When looking for quality look no further - Samsung is and has been the top rated television for over five years. There is a key to reading the model numbers which describes in detail the features and the year made. As far as picture quality and performance Samsung is far ahead of the pack. I have two and as soon as my JVC in the guest bedroom expires (it’s currently on death row now) I will look up the Samsung current code and go buy my third.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

This company makes a beautiful product, but unfortunately they are inconsistent in quality. I have owned a couple of Samsungs largely because I find it hard to resist their vivid picture quality. The very first Samsung that I purchased about 5 years ago died in less than two years. It couldn't be repaired because the picture tube needed replacing, which would've cost as much as a brand, new TV. It was otherwise in pristine condition. I recently purchased a second one only because I was given $200 toward the purchase any Samsung product, by a Verizon promotion. By using this promotion during a Black Friday event, I was able to make a deal for a 50" flat screen that I couldn't refuse. I have thus owned this second model for less than a year. It remains to be seen whether it will outlive the first one.

Samsung Computers and Monitors expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1938, Samsung is a market leader offering LED LCD TVs at virtually every price point and size. Samsung TVs are available at national and regional retailers and online.

• Curved TV: Make any seat the best seat in the house. Samsung combines a curved screen with its Auto Depth Enhancer, an innovative design that creates a greater sense of contrast and depth.

• 4K UHD Upscaling: Even if you're watching non-4K content, Samsung's upscaling technology automatically improves the picture quality and enhances details.

• One connect box: Samsung allows you to streamline your audio and video connections by de-cluttering the connections that go from your components to your TV.

• UHD Video Pack: It comes pre-loaded with 4K UHD movies, documentaries and more to get your collection off to a great start.

• True colors: With wide color enhancer technology, brights are brighter, blacks blacker and whites are whiter, so you see pictures the way the director wanted you to see them.

• Best for: Home-theater enthusiasts and movie and TV connoisseurs.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs