Samsung TV
2.93/5
  • 1 star
Based on 225 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Samsung TV

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 17, 2018

3617 Samsung TV Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

We purchased 2-55" Samsung TVs directly from Samsung. Not even 4 months old the tv went black and would not work. I called stayed on hold for 5 min then was transferred to their tech. which it took 20 min for him to confirm over the phone what I had explained prior. No problem, they have a repair shop close by he said. They will contact me back with a date. I got an email with confirmation. Then I got an email a few days later saying the ticket was being closed.

I called and waited on hold 22 min to ask when I was going to get this resolved. I was told no one was coming because the repair shop they THOUGHT was close by was nonexistent at this time. I got transferred to another department where she asked if I wanted to get a refund or the tv replaced. I opted for the replacement. I was told they need 5 business days to process the claim and will get back with me. 9 business days later I dont hear from them and call back. I give them the ticket number to see what the status is. I was told the claim has been approved. Great! Now I have to wait 14 more business days for the return process MAYBE less. I would submit the receipt but I am not allowed by the company that I purchased them for.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I purchased a Samsung LED TV model UN60F6300AF in 2013. It was dead-on-arrival, that is when I powered it on it would cycle on/off over and over sometimes would stay on 5 minutes, 30 minutes, a few hours. Samsung had a repairman come out and replace both motherboards. It has worked fine until about 3 months ago. Started doing the same thing. I slap the back of the tv and it will stay on again 5 minutes, 30 or even hours. Since I've seen class action lawsuits on this type of problem I would have thought they would want to help. Nope. Told me to use a repair shop. Even gave me a phone number and that shop was out of business.

I did call a tv repair place and they told me it would be $95 an hour plus $200 to $300 per board so I'm looking at $700 to fix a TV that cost me $1500. So I will not be buying Samsung products anymore. I need to figure out who makes a good quality smart TV and will stand behind the product. I should not have to buy a 5-year parts/repair insurance policy.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I bought a Samsung smart curved T.V. at Costco 10 months ago. Model # un55ku650d. Version # FA01. My story is similar to all the other reviews I'm reading. I noticed a crack on the inside of the screen, but I was still able to see most of the picture. Now a month later, I have no picture at all. Customer service said it was physical damage, after telling me to unplug and plug back in. They said warranty does not cover physical damage. They didn't even send someone out to look at it. Telling me I need a new screen panel that would cost more than what I paid for the T.V. How disappointing! I usually read customer reviews before purchasing a product. I didn't this time???

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

I purchased online from 'The Brick' a 55' Samsung UHDTV Nov 30, 2017 and received it Dec 16, 2017 and then I opened it and test the tv Dec 25 just right on Christmas Day. As I opened it seems fine so I clicked the button "on", I saw a lot of tiny cracks on the right side of the product and it's not working as in no picture on the screen, all I saw were lines (lots of tiny lines). I called the store but then they said I have to call Samsung AND TO MAKE MY STORY SHORT I SPOKE TO THE MANAGER OF Samsung AND HE SAID THEY CAN'T DO ANYTHING BECAUSE IT WAS A PHYSICAL DAMAGE. And he said they can't fixed it... So my question was is it my fault that the TV was not working?

I paid $800 plus tax on that TV and they won't fix it? Why are this Samsung company don't do anything... I don't care if I bought it for $150 but it's $888.00 that I paid. It a hard earned money. I am not rich. I saved that amount to buy that TV and yet all I get is nothing??? Do you think there's a station or groups here that I can complain? For sure a lot of you guys you read this don't care but for me it's very difficult to find that amount. I am only a regular employee. I really appreciate your moment especially to the one who can give me advice or any help.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

65 inch smart tv. I give it 1 star for the 1 year of satisfaction, after that it shuts off when it wants, connects and disconnects from the internet, reacts to the remote only when it feels like it. Overall piece of junk. Way too much money for 1 year of use.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

I purchased a Samsung Curved TV May of 2016, less than two years later the picture is going out. I informed Samsung and was referred to a service person. After making contact with the repair person, I found out that I will have to pay all the cost associated with the repair. I called Samsung back and was told there was nothing Samsung could do. Don't buy Samsung, they don't stand behind their products.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

I bought a 55 inch curved 4K TV on 7/1/2017. On 12/29/2017 I was watching my TV at 3:30 PM and had to leave to pick my wife up from work. I arrived home approximately at 4:50 PM and immediately turned on my TV. I immediately noticed a crack on my screen. I then called Samsung customer service to explain the situation. The only thing they were concerned with was if it was physical damage. I told them that nothing happened on our part to cause any physical damage. It was fine an hour and a half earlier. They kept asking over and over if there was physical damage. The only damage could have been caused by a manufacturer's defect.

I couldn't get anywhere with their customer support on the phone. So I got on their website and did a live chat with a lady named Sarbita **. She had me send a picture of the line on my TV to livechat@sea.samsung.com. She then proceed to send me a link for a service technician to set up an appointment, and that it would take a few days to be contacted.

On 1/2/2018 I received a phone call from a man named Schelumiel from Samsung. He explained to me that everything would be taken care of and he kept repeating this to me. I asked him since this phone call was recorded if I could get a copy of the conversation. He said that I could get a copy and gave me a reference number for our conversation. He then said I had to call 1-800-726-7864 to get my appointment set up. So I called this number and a man named Jose answered the phone. I said that Schelumiel to me to call to get a service appointment set up. This man was so unprofessional and argumentative. After he wouldn't set up the service appointment, I asked for a Manager. I was then put on hold and no one came back to the phone.

I have since researched Samsung and how they service their warranties. They are many complaints on Yelp.com, Twitter.com, ConsumerAffairs.com, and many other websites. This company sells billions of dollars worth of equipment in the USA, but they do not stand behind their warranties. The United States government needs to investigate Samsung's business practices. I have never ever dealt with a company that is this incompetent. Now I have a 5 month old TV that I spent $768 on, and it has a white line on the screen. I live on a fixed income and can't afford to buy another TV, but that isn't the point, the point is they need to honor their warranties.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

My Samsung Smart TV has been great for the past 3 years until this last week. All of the sudden my tv would just shut off by itself. Then it would be fine and now I am not able to watch more than 15 minutes of television until it turns off and on and sometimes I am not able to turn off the television! I called Samsung support and we reset my settings and that didn't work so they gave me contact information for a repair company. This was an expensive purchase and to have it in need of repairs after 3 years is just wrong. After researching this issue, it appears that millions of other Samsung Smart TV's have the same issue, how can this be going on for years without resolution? There was a class action suit that occurred in 2012 with no end in sight. Samsung should be ashamed for selling such an inferior product and keeping it quiet. I will never buy another Samsung TV and suggest you don't either unless you want the same fate!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

75" TV model UN75JU6500F - I purchase this TV new 1.5 years ago. The TV worked great until all of sudden a blue vertical line towards the left side of the screen appeared. Samsung would not provide any support since the TV was over a year old and out of warranty. I spent $3109 for this TV new. I called the service technician that Samsung put me in touch with. Service technician stated I need a new panel (screen) and that repair cost way more than a new replacement. So a huge disappointment with Samsung that I spent over $3100 on a TV with a well known brand only to be deeply disappointed in just a year and half!

I have lost my faith in Samsung. Samsung knows these issues come up and should provide better support. When I called the 800 number I get a foreigner from overseas (more frustration) who provided no assistance since this TV is outside the warranty. I'll switch now to a different brand such as Sony or LG. Hopefully better luck. In addition I've learned when making a large purchase such as, buy the extended warranty!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

Purchased a new 49 inch 4K UHD TV from Best Buy. This TV is advertised as a smart TV that requires WiFi link to operate. In comparison with a 2011 Samsung D5003 series, the tuner on the new TV is unable to identify all the available over the air channels. The WiFi connection draws a weaker signal than does a Sony Blu Ray and a Dell laptop located in the same room. The ability to access the smart functions of the new tv is complex and time consuming.

Therefore, I have had to sever the "smart" part of the TV and must go into another room to watch the channels that the new TV does not recognize, I must use the laptop to stream programming from Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu so there are no interruptions in the WiFi signal, and I must connect the Blu Ray and laptop by HDMI directly into the TV because the TV does not play well with my Sony receiver thru the HDMI (ACR) route two ways. The TV picture is beautiful but the remote is not easy to use. I would recommend testing a TV before purchase to determine if the tuner is up to your standards for the channels that you wish to receive. I would not spend the money for the "smart" features and rely on better quality methods for streaming.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

Our experience with Samsung has been an absolute nightmare! Our 65” Samsung TV was good for 2 years and 1 month and then the base snapped in the middle of the night. I spoke with Costco’s customer service and was told the warranty with Costco had expired 30 days prior. I then called Samsung and was told since this was not my fault a one-time accommodation would be made. If only it had been that simple! I’ve gotten nothing but the run-around since that time. A ticket was issued for the repair. When the repair company called, I was told they needed a Panel Approval and a Psychical Damage SAW. After several attempts, these documents were not issued. Samsung said they no longer do this, but we ended up getting over this hump. Then, we were told service was not available in our area. This ticket kept somehow getting reissued and the repair company kept calling with the same information.

After going through that process several times and being told nothing could be done, I sent a complaint to their corporate office. Someone from the “Office of the President” called me, and after jumping through hoops I was given the option of an exchange or a pro-rated refund. We chose to exchange the TV. Weeks passed and someone called only to tell me this would not be exchanged because the warranty had expired. I followed up with the rep I had previously worked with and he told me I could pay to have the TV repaired and then I would be reimbursed.

This is an extremely condensed version of everything we’ve dealt with during this process. Considering the pathetic customer service we’ve received so far, I’m not willing to take a chance on paying for a repair when we could purchase a new TV for the same price. I am sure this reimbursement would never be issued. I asked to speak with this associate’s supervisor and was told he didn’t have a supervisor.

I can't tell you the hours I have wasted trying to resolve this issue. I can tell you that I originally contacted Samsung on 8/15/2017 and the last response from the above-mentioned associate was on 9/27/2017. I had to start the process over several times, explaining all the details, and had numerous setbacks. I went back and forth with someone telling me they would solve this problem, only for the next associate to tell me it was in my hands. I can assure you, I will never purchase another Samsung product!!! I can only be thankful that this TV didn’t land on someone when it snapped!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

Samsung customer service really sucks the big one. My £999.00 55” curved HDTV had problems right from day 1. Finally refused to turn on after 7 months of little use and also took my PS4 HDMI controller chip with it (£150 to repair). Samsung sent a repair shop to collect it in a dirty old van. Turned out mainboard & LED screen needed replacing. After the mainboard was replaced it again failed on test in the shop and needed replacing again. After contacting Samsung and telling them I didnt want this piece of tat back as it was obviously a dud from day one and I was worried it may go on fire in my home, I was threatened that if I didnt allow them to return it they would scrap it for parts.

The “customer support” girl constantly spoke over me during the convo and said there was nothing in the file about my tv requiring 3 new mainboards which was a blatant lie as only the day before another rep read out the whole list of convos I had during many hour+ long calls at my expense. She was downright rude and ended up putting the phone down on me as I wouldnt accept the tv back. I WOULD NEVER BUY A SAMSUNG PRODUCT AGAIN AND URGE ALL READERS TO AVOID AVOID AVOID. They are excellent tvs when working and I did love it while it lasted but once it goes wrong their customer service is diabolical, 7 days for a callback to be told she needed to call the service shop which would take another 5 working days (from Friday that means 7). I rang them 3 times and it took 10 minutes. And REALLY should a £1000 tv fail after such a short period??? Buy a Panasonic or an LG.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I have a Samsung 39 inch TV, and the picture went black and no sound. The TV went out just after the warranty had expired. Called Samsung, and of course there was nothing they could do. I wish I read all the reviews before purchasing this piece of junk. I will never buy any Samsung product again and will tell everyone I know not to buy Samsung. They should stand by their products. I thought I was getting a high end TV, but I guess I was wrong.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

My husband is blind in one eye and he can't see very good out of the other eye either so we got a big screen TV. It is great and we really like it.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

Samsung provides a better than average TV product. Not the best TV, certainly not the the most expensive but I have found the value good for the Smart TV features it provides. Menu options are easy to use as well. I have had only 1 customer service experience and my issue was resolved quickly and professionally. I have 3 Samsung TVs now and would buy them again.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

This TV has been my first experience with a flat screen. Setting it up was actually quite simple and I am not to great at doing that. I have had a beautiful picture with great clarity with it and the color is super and very accurate for me. The sound seems to be very even and not one sided as well. I love this TV and plan on buying a larger one for my bedroom.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

I really love my new Samsung TV. It is a very good one and the picture is So clear! The main problem is the sound system they used. I would recommend for you to buy a Samsung sound bar.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

We had an old projection TV that took up so much space in our living room. Remodeled our home and decided to purchase a 65" Samsung Curved TV with Curved Soundbar. The picture is so much different than our old TV. Pretty awesome viewing.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

The TV looked like any other TV but it lasted less than 2 years. The screen died - went black and was not repairable. We contacted Samsung but after 1 year the basic warranty expired. I read about people who bought extended warranties from stores and still had issues. There was recall for similar issues but our model was not on the list. We are back now using our old fashion fat TV... At least it's dependable.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I've had this Samsung HD 46 inch TV for many years and I'm very happy with it. The picture is beautiful and definition and color is great. I have had no issues with it and feel that I got a good value.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I bought a Samsung 43' HDR tv online. It started losing volume and powering off the same day. I called Samsung warranty dept. Within 3 days a repairman was out to fix my tv. They do stand behind their warranty.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I have used Samsung for years and I purchased this TV over a year ago. This was my first exposure to this type of television and I absolutely love its high definition, the quality of sound, many features.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

We own 3 Samsungs and one LG. We've really enjoyed our Samsung television for the size, the value and the color. We really like the smart TVs and we would definitely buy another Samsung television.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017
I bought these items (65 super HD and 850 soundbar) because they would both work off one remote. Since I bought these several months ago it has been on the phone about 8 times do this do that, still no go, turn control over WiFi to them. Watch them fumble throughout the same menu you just did 5 times while unplugging and replugging every cord and power on and off. Send in soundbar almost 3 weeks later get back still no work. Now they send a new Power One.

Still no work make.

They send a repairman over in a few days. He takes the remotes. Goes through all the same menus. Says does not work. He says will call Samsung let me know. I said, "You cannot open and fix" he says, "No." Will can later. I ask, "Can you Bring in a working soundbar so we can see if it's TV or soundbar." Does not have one. So he was a complete full day of aggravation. Now comes back several days puts in a new motherboard and power one. It works. Next day same crap no work. Samsung will not refund money on my $2,400. Of new equipment just purchased. Go with some other brand.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

They make such a GREAT product and well priced too. GREAT technology and quality, AND easy to use. Only concern too many eggs in one basket. Sometimes too diversified causes questionable management.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

We bought this TV about 10 years ago and although we have several more this has the best picture quality. It is a great TV and has been worth every penny.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

We have all Vizio televisions in the house. Since I have Samsung mobile phone and tablet and are very happy with both, I thought we should try a Samsung TV and got a 42" LED smart TV at Costco. Well, the TV lasted just over the two (2) year warranty. When I called Samsung they told me the problem must be my provider. So, I called Cox and the problem ended up being a pixel problem with the TV. I would not recommend a Samsung TV. I will be replacing the Samsung with a Vizio this week.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I like Samsung and it's the only brand that comes to my mind. It stays up with everything and they stand behind their products. They have what you want in a TV. Samsung is the best product out there. You won't be sorry.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Samsung is a superior product compared to most sets out there. The price for samsung televisions are very reasonable as well. The quality of their picture and the price you pay is well worth it. I only buy Samsung TV's and they are built to last.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I always buy Samsung which is great for the money. It lasts forever with no problems. Great picture and value. If I have a complaint it's about the sound which could be better.

Samsung Computers and Monitors expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1938, Samsung is a market leader offering LED LCD TVs at virtually every price point and size. Samsung TVs are available at national and regional retailers and online.

• Curved TV: Make any seat the best seat in the house. Samsung combines a curved screen with its Auto Depth Enhancer, an innovative design that creates a greater sense of contrast and depth.

• 4K UHD Upscaling: Even if you're watching non-4K content, Samsung's upscaling technology automatically improves the picture quality and enhances details.

• One connect box: Samsung allows you to streamline your audio and video connections by de-cluttering the connections that go from your components to your TV.

• UHD Video Pack: It comes pre-loaded with 4K UHD movies, documentaries and more to get your collection off to a great start.

• True colors: With wide color enhancer technology, brights are brighter, blacks blacker and whites are whiter, so you see pictures the way the director wanted you to see them.

• Best for: Home-theater enthusiasts and movie and TV connoisseurs.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

www.samsung.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use