Samsung TV

Samsung TV

3.0/5 (4478 ratings)

About Samsung TV

Samsung TV Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung TV?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: Nov. 30, 2022

I purchase The Frame TV from Harvey Norman on sale for $2400 on the 17th June 2022. I contacted Harvey Norman 2 days later to inform them that this TV was faulty. In an attempt to give me a solution, Harvey Norman arranged a new remote control to be sent to my home address through Samsung. Sadly, this attempt was a fail, as the faulty unit did not respond any better with a new remote. I then got in touch with Samsung directly. In Samsung's hands, a maintenance repair was arranged & it was determined that a major fault was found with this unit. "It all sounds very straightforward, right?" Samsung is responsible for selling a faulty unit and a replacement should be on its way... But no.

Over 6 months I have been waiting for Samsung to resolve this issue & minutes after getting off the phone with Samsung again today I received an SMS notifying me 'as you haven't made contact with Samsung we will be placing a temporary hold on my case.' Are you kidding me??!! Will someone from Samsung please make contact with me about this disgusting situation this year???? Or do you simply exist to rip people off & torture them? Reference number: **. If a case manager is the only person with enough authority to actually discuss options and offers, then I suggest a case manager call me promptly. I ran out of patience over 3 months ago.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2022

If you’re thinking of filing a complaint with Samsung don’t waste your time. Several years ago I purchased the most expensive 32 inch color television offered in the United States. The suggested retail was approximately $2499.99. Strike one. I am a dedicated channel surfer and as soon as the pharmaceutical commercials start I jump to a new channel. When I did this the Samsung Television would lose sound. Yes the Samsung Television lost the sound. A television with no sound has a very serious software bug. I called Samsung Customer Service. I described the bug clearly and precisely. Samsung told me I was the first to report it. Samsung never documented my call. Samsung never provided a software update for this serious software bug. I gave the television with the software bug away.

Strike two. I purchased a Samsung Blu-ray player. During a routine lens cleaning the Samsung Blu-ray player stopped playing Blu-rays. It would play regular videos. I called Samsung Customer Service to report the software bug. Samsung told me they did not see the problem. Samsung never provided a software update for this serious software bug. I gave the Blu-ray Player with the software bug away. Strike three. I purchased the Portable SSD T5 USB 3.1 1TB. I installed the Samsung SSD Dashboard. It took the Samsung dashboard several attempts to successfully update the firmware.

Three different Samsung products all with some type of software bug. Samsung software development is in over their heads. Samsung produces too many software bugs and is unwilling to acknowledge them. Poorly engineered bug infested products and horrible customer service. I was a successful software developer in the United States for several years. You should listen to this advice. Three strikes and Samsung is out. You can do better.

Get buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2022

I paid over $200 extra to buy a name brand because this was a major purchase. I didn't want to buy a no-name brand because I wanted high quality. What I got was anything but high quality. I have other TV's of brands I've never heard of that keep functioning year after year. This one was purchased three years ago and spent one of those three years without being used while we remodeled the home theatre room.

The backlight panels started to get dim on the left. When I asked for a repair estimate, they quoted $100 for parts alone, and wouldn't tell me if that was just for the one bad panel or the all of them. While trying to get more information from them, the right-hand side failed. Junk. It has now been discarded. I put the old no-name brand TV back in its place while I save up for a new big-screen TV. This time, I'll pay half the money for a no-name brand. At least if it fails, I won't have wasted so much money!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2022

I have no complaints about the quality of the television. My 60" has been working for over 10 years without problem. Problem is the remote: I've been through three, and am going for my fourth. Thus, my sleek but useless TV sits there like a large paperweight while I wait for yet another remote to arrive. CONTROLS SHOULD BE ON THE TELEVISION... I don't care if it will "ruin" the aesthetics of the TV when it's turned off. Besides, the exercise is good for you!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2022

The Frame is a good TV. I am irritated by Samsung home page however. The first two apps available are annoying and can't be deleted. One is Samsung TV and the other that has just been added is an advert app. I do not pay thousands of dollars to buy a TV only for it to be an advertising Trojan horse into my home.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2022

I purchased this 43 inch TCL Roku tv for my sister at Walmart. I drove to my sister's in NJ. When I got there she was outside waiting for us. She was so happy when I gave her the tv. I took it out of the box to hook it up to her cable system. I turned on the tv but it said, we have to setup Roku before we can use it. It was a pain in the neck. I couldn't setup an account because we keep getting an error message. It's over an hour and we still couldn't setup Roku, so I repacked the tv back in the box and returned it back to Walmart for a refund. I will never buy a TCL Roku tv again!!!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2022

To start the remote is terribly designed. Spacing of buttons are horrible. I have never to unplug and reset a device more. Forget using YouTube TV. It buffers and glitches constantly. Once you buy you will regret!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2022

They advertise this as a television not a smart terminal. This is FALSE ADVERTISING. Proof is by it being hacked while not on a network. Second proof is it no longer says Samsung when turning on. I didn't buy a Smart TV powered by TIZEN. Making a device that allows FCC class II, interference is sketchy at best, haphazard at worst. Allowing a remote device to do system administrator functions from a remote location WITHOUT authorization locally is bad practice for any network administrator. The password has been changed, power on initialization changed. So I went to Costco they said it's not their problem, because Costco has a two year warranty the TV has a 3 year warranty. And referred me to a warranty company that wanted to charge me for a TV still under warranty. (?) So I tried to do a some BASIC tests, and I got into an ever ending loop. Wasted two days trying to get out of it. Did tech. support via online chat.

Being an old tech support person for major computer distributors, this guy should be fired. He said I need to bring it into a certified Samsung service center, to end a system burn in test, that just checks, video, ram, power supply. WHEN ALL IT NEEDED WAS A KEY COMBINATION FROM THE REMOTE CONTROL. Defrauding people of time, and money, false advertising is a crime. Costco lied about no worries, Samsung lied too. Just because the courts are hidden from simple easy matters like this doesn't mean you have the right to misrepresent products. Remember Dae Woo? Did the same damn lies with the Leading Edge computers back in the 1980's.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2022

After having my 70 inch TV for 8 months the screen slid. It’s literally hanging and they won’t fix basically saying we did it. I will never buy another product from them. I will stick with LG! Beware.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

I was being kind when I gave a 1 star rating as this was one of the worst experiences I have ever encountered in my 72 years of life in dealing with any company. In Xmas 2021 my son purchased a 65 inch Samsung Q TV from PC Richard & Son and gave it to me as a xmas gift. TV was delivered just before Xmas and dropped off by two men. They unpacked the TV and propped it up against my wooden tv stand and plugged tv in and when tv came on they quickly unplugged the tv and that was it. When I asked if they were going to put it on the mount and checked the tv channels after hooking it up and they replied we didn't pay for installation and left. My son and I then followed the instructions and placed tv on the stand and mounted it on heavy metal tv mount.

When we hooked up tv cables and turned it on no picture and it turned main picture screen was cracked. The nightmare then began. My son then contacted PC Richard & Son and sent them a texted picture of the tv screen. They advised the screen was cracked and that only could have been caused by us dropping the TV. That never happened but they didn't want to hear it. They also advised that was not covered under warranty and we would have to contact Samsung. Not very helpful. Only were helpful when they sold my son this TV on sale then for $2000. We then reviewed and sadly learned that the basic 1 year warranty covered hardly anything.

Samsung was then called and they reiterated that only thing that could have caused this problem was that my son and I had to drop the TV. NOT ONLY WERE WE STUCK WITH A TV THAT WE NEVER GOT TO WATCH WE WERE BEING CALLED LIARS. They also stated that this was not covered by "warranty". What is also troubling was this diagnosis was made without anyone actually physically seeing and checking the TV. I am not an electronic expert but other causes should have been ruled out such as bad circuits, power surges etc.

I was advised that problem could be fixed at a cost of about $1400. I actually agreed to take on the cost of repair as my son was devastated by this whole experience that his gift was giving us such grief. The reality is that it was Samsung and PC Richard that caused the grief. Samsung stated that could set up the repair the next week and I agreed to it. Other problem that surfaced was the fact that I advised Samsung to contact me as the TV was now in my home (my son doesn't live here) and I was paying for it. The next week my son was texted as repair appointment was cancelled as the part was not available.

This is when the nightmare then really started. The classic pass the buck runaround started and I talked to numerous representatives and their supervisors and again all their communications went to my son. My son finally {after a few months} got a text that repair order was cancelled, I called Samsung a final time and asked them if there was any accommodations that could give us. They offered to give us a 15% discount on tv purchased from them which is a joke as the same tv bought through them would cost $2700. That was the end of my experiences with Samsung and I have sworned off any of their products. Only happy note is that we purchased a 65 inch LG Nano tv for $800 through Amazon and they set it up and it works great..

Samsung Computers and Monitors author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in 1938, Samsung is a market leader offering LED LCD TVs at virtually every price point and size. Samsung TVs are available at national and regional retailers and online.

• Curved TV: Make any seat the best seat in the house. Samsung combines a curved screen with its Auto Depth Enhancer, an innovative design that creates a greater sense of contrast and depth.

• 4K UHD Upscaling: Even if you're watching non-4K content, Samsung's upscaling technology automatically improves the picture quality and enhances details.

• One connect box: Samsung allows you to streamline your audio and video connections by de-cluttering the connections that go from your components to your TV.

• UHD Video Pack: It comes pre-loaded with 4K UHD movies, documentaries and more to get your collection off to a great start.

• True colors: With wide color enhancer technology, brights are brighter, blacks blacker and whites are whiter, so you see pictures the way the director wanted you to see them.

Samsung TV Company Information