Samsung TV

Samsung TV

1.9/5 (48 ratings)

About Samsung TV

Samsung TV Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung TV?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

Samsung is pushing boundaries. They give the best hardware, memory, ram, processor, display, and cameras, in their phones. Their televisions are in 5 of my rooms. They are simple to operate and have had no issues. Watches and tech gadgets I've not had any issues but really don't mess with it a lot. Have bought Samsung for 30 plus yrs and will continue. I had a washer and dryer and any issues the warranty issues were taken care of at my home with no inconvenience to myself.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2021

The quality of my 55 inch TV screen is excellent. It is a smart TV and works as advertised. I do have some issues. It is supposed to have a microphone that responds when asking it to go to a specific channel. This has never worked properly and I had to disable it. The sound quality should be better. I will need to get a sound bar to improve the situation.

Get buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2021

I have a 70 incentive flat screen TV. I have had it for over 5 years and it's not hooked up to cable and I must say it has the best picture I have ever seen and it is hooked up on a outside antenna and the picture is perfect and I get about 35 channels and I am happy. I don't have a 200.00 dollar cable bill and haven't had one for 4 years now. It's nice not being a slave to cable. AMEN

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

I purchased my Samsung Smart TV in Jan. 2020. It has brilliant color and clarity. The extra channels are appreciated as well. Connectivity is simple, online instructions clear and remote is easy to learn. When I had a problem, I went to the help screen on the TV, notified Samsung and received a call within 20 minutes. The technician was able to rectify my problem in a couple of minutes and I've had no problems since. My next TV will also be a Samsung.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

I have the Samsung 65 inch curved screen. 240 motion rate. Sports like hockey and basketball are fantastic to watch. The 4K feature really is nice, but not broadcast that often. The speaker system is a surround sound, which performs very well, and I don't know how they make some noises sound like they are coming from the other side of the room? I've had this for 4 years now and have had no problems with it, knock on wood. It has Wi-Fi and can be easy to set up if you know your passwords to your cable and internet provider. Overall I am very satisfied with my purchase and would buy another one.

Original review: June 12, 2022

I bought this TV about 2 weeks ago. The screen is way too dark. We tried everything, spent hours searching online (and saw that many other people had the same complaint), spent more time chatting with Samsung reps online (totally and I mean totally useless automated system), finally got a phone number to call, talked to a real person for about one hour. That technician was very nice and genuinely tried to help resolve the issue but she could not. So, she booked an appointment for a service tech to come to our house and resolve the issue.

The tech came, very nice, no problem there. But he spend 5 minutes, literary 5 minutes at the most! Switched the Picture mode to Dynamic and that's it! The problem is far and I mean far from being resolved. There is a slight improvement (the picture is a little lighter now) but the screen, especially for night scenes, is still way too dark. Sometimes, for some evening scenes, you cannot see anything! It's really horrible. My partner lost the receipt and so, we cannot return the TV to Walmart. We had another Samsung TV before this one and it was fine. But now, with this new supposedly improved one, we hate our TV and will never buy another Samsung TV again. The intensely dark picture makes it too horrible to watch.

Original review: May 14, 2022

Beautiful TV..but as soon as the 1 year warranty is up. The screen went black. Samsung support team is of no help. You can Google the information quicker. No accountability for a luxury product. Consumers are under the assumption that it's a 3 year warranty based on the box and information. But in reality only 1 year. Does Samsung think consumers are going to be purchasing a TV yearly?

Original review: March 17, 2022

Whatever you do, don't lose your phone/change your number if you use for authentication. They will not help you solve this! There must be a way to reconnect. I use a different provider now, and a different phone. The support desk asked me for the serial number of a phone I have not had for 5 years!

Original review: March 12, 2022

The device is a 55 inch smart TV purchased about two years ago along with a Samsung soundbar. Picture is very good. Audio tone is not really very good as it is hard to separate the voice from background sounds on movies and TV programs. Also, the audio and video are out of sync on live streaming programs; that is, the movement of the lips doesn’t match the words you hear, and that is very annoying.

We recently changed internet service providers and now the TV thinks we have moved to the eastern time zone. So, our Hulu TV guide is off by one hour. Samsung support tried but could not fix this and there is no option for the time zone to be manually corrected. I can correct the time but not the time zone and that seems like a software design defect. They offered to send out a technician at our expense, but I declined. I think I’ll use that money to buy a different brand Of TV. My closing comment with the phone support person was that I have accepted responsibility for the problem, that is to say, I should not have purchased a Samsung product.

Original review: March 6, 2022

We bought a brand new Curved Samsung TV only 4 years ago for a considerable price. Recently the lights of the screen just stopped working, out of the blue, we are only able to see the middle panel of the TV. After finally getting through to the local Samsung Customer Service representative, they estimated the cost for my repairs to the equivalent of $600! because the warranty is only for 1 year. This defect was not supposed to happen after such a short period of TV life, we have had cheaper TVs with a longer life span. I don't see why I have to pay that much for a problem that was not supposed to be there in the first place. Samsung said they are very sorry and understand my anger but there is no other way than to pay that amount. Now I have a big piece of garbage in my living room, because I refuse to pay that huge amount of which I am not convinced. The lights can be changed for a much cheaper price, this is a rip-off!!!

Samsung Computers and Monitors author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in 1938, Samsung is a market leader offering LED LCD TVs at virtually every price point and size. Samsung TVs are available at national and regional retailers and online.

• Curved TV: Make any seat the best seat in the house. Samsung combines a curved screen with its Auto Depth Enhancer, an innovative design that creates a greater sense of contrast and depth.

• 4K UHD Upscaling: Even if you're watching non-4K content, Samsung's upscaling technology automatically improves the picture quality and enhances details.

• One connect box: Samsung allows you to streamline your audio and video connections by de-cluttering the connections that go from your components to your TV.

• UHD Video Pack: It comes pre-loaded with 4K UHD movies, documentaries and more to get your collection off to a great start.

• True colors: With wide color enhancer technology, brights are brighter, blacks blacker and whites are whiter, so you see pictures the way the director wanted you to see them.

Samsung TV Company Information