Samsung TV

Samsung TV

4.0/5 (667 ratings)

About Samsung TV

Samsung TV Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung TV?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: June 6, 2021

I purchased a high end $3,000 Samsung 85" Class - Q8DT Series - 4K UHD QLED LCD TV from Costco. Within 5 months the a vertical line running down the middle of the screen and a horizontal line running across the top of the screen appeared. I contacted Samsung and filed a warranty claim. They sent a technician to my house. The technician was from a 3rd party company, not from Samsung. He looked at my TV and told me he would order new parts and contact me when they came in to schedule a repair time.

Then a day later I received an email from Samsung notifying me that my warranty claim was denied because they said the issue was caused by physical damage. This was a surprise. My TV has been hanging on the wall the whole time. There is no sign of any physical damage on the outside of the TV. This TV had a defect and they were calling it physical damage.

I called Samsung back multiple times and customer service was very poor. The agents were unable to answer any questions about why the warranty was rejected or offer any type of dispute or protest process. The last agent I talked to said they would get in touch with the 3rd party company that looked at my TV to get more detail and get back to me. I've yet to hear from Samsung. I will never buy a Samsung product again. They don't stand by their product quality and their customer service is horrendous.

Original review: May 10, 2021

In December of 2020, I contacted Samsung customer service directly because I wanted to purchase a television that was compatible with the MLB Channel. The Samsung customer service person recommended a television and assured me that it was compatible with the MLB Channel. (I have a copy of the e-mail stating this.) The baseball season did not start until April so I could not test it out ahead of time. Now it's over the return period. I contacted Samsung and was told there's nothing they can do. Which tells me that they do not stand behind their product and do not value me as a customer. So don't trust Samsung to do the right thing! I will no longer be a Samsung customer.

Get buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 8, 2021

Great picture and sound but when playing a lot of shows or movies that are very dark, as most are these days, it reflects any thing in the room that has a light colour no matter how dim the room is. Lots of shows are unwatchable until it is dark outside and every light in the house is turned off. I would only recommend this TV if you had a media room that could be blacked out.

Original review: April 21, 2021

I don’t recommend buying Samsung products anymore and regret purchasing my UN55RU800F tv. I Bought my tv last year and barely used my tv. On April 1 my tv will not turn on and had a zapping/squeaking sound. After doing everything I could possibly do to turn it back on it would not go on. I then got in contact with Samsung via text msg as the customer service was closed and they informed me that a component from the inside of the tv was defective and I was out of warranty and told me I need to buy a new tv in which I told the rep that my tv is not physically damaged. All I did was turn off my tv when I went to work and when I got back home turn it on and it would not go on. He then said that he would send someone out for a one time repair and they would cover it since my tv was not physically damaged.

The repairman came April 5 and changed the main board for the first time and the tv finally powered on but still had the weird zapping/squeaking sound and the repairman told me contact Samsung tomorrow if the problem still persists and he put into his notes for another technician to come and fix the problem. On April 6 I call Samsung for a second time and they canceled my ticket for repair and told me that they would be moving my case to another department called second repair prevention team in which they told me they're going to review my case so I could either get a replacement or a reimbursement for my tv in which they told me I would have to wait between 24-48 hour for a call back. I said okay.

I called Samsung the next day and they told me I would have to wait till the next day. I called Samsung April 8 again and the rep told me I still need to wait for them to call me back but In the meantime they were going to schedule another repair ticket in which they canceled on April 6 for another person to come and repair my tv. On April 9 as I was on the phone with my doctor I get a phone call from the repair center and I was unable to answer the phone.

After I got off the phone with the doctor I then called back the repair center 8 times and 5 out of the 8 time someone would answer the phone and hang up so I then call Samsung and explain to them what was going on and at that point they then move my ticket to another department called case management in where that rep called the repair center and also couldn’t get a hold of them in which he said, "As we can’t get a hold of them I’m going to put this ticket for review for you to get a replacement or reimburse as this issue has not been resolved within a timely manner," to which I said okay.

On April 12 I get a phone call from the repair center and I tried to explain to the rep there what was going on and what Samsung has told me but she hung up the phone call before I could fully explain the situation and she closed my ticket. I then call Samsung once again to see what was going on and I explain to the rep what was going on to which he said since there is a repair ticket they could not replace or reimburse the tv till another repair is done so I then told him told him that the lady from the service repair team would not have a appointment till next week and I’ve already waited two weeks for my tv to be repaired. He then told me make the appointment and call them back so they could accommodate me for a replacement or reimbursement as it became a time issue as well.

After we ended the call the repair center was closed. On April 13 I get a phone call from the repair center to confirm my appointment for April 19 and after I called Samsung as I was instructed to do so in which now case management told me everything that was told to me was agents Samsung policy and I would need to get my tv repaired for a second time and I would need to wait till my next appointment and my tv would be fully repaired by April 19.

On April 19 a different repairman came and for a second time changed the main board on my tv and once again the tv turned back on but was still making the same noise. He then calls his manager and informs him he change the main board and he need to change the power supply so he orders a 3rd main board so I could at least turn on my tv while I waited for my next appointment and a new power supply. His manager tell him no put the broken main board back into my tv and when the new power supply come to change both of them at the same time which leave me with no tv once again for another week.

I then call Samsung as I still don’t have a working tv and highly frustrated that they at least could have left me with a tv that powered on but also realizing that the tv already went through 2 main boards what going to be in place to protect me and my tv from this issue happening again. No one is talking about extending or giving me a limited time warranty as now my tv need to be fixed for a 3rd time and also to expedite the time for my tv to be fixed as now I’ve been waiting 4 day short of a month for my tv to be fixed with no Guarantee it would even be fix by the next appointment.

I don’t have a explanation to tell my 2 children why they can’t watch tv. I will not be getting a reimbursement for my cable bill I have to pay for this whole month I had service and couldn’t use it and Samsung doesn’t not care that I’m putting myself, my children and 23 week old high risk pregnant wife at Risk now for a 3rd time for a possible exposure to covid-19 by letting people in my house for a repair that should have done right the first time and all that could be said to me is please be patient. I’m am very displeased with this nightmare and wouldn’t very much inform people not to buy Samsung products and for people to give their hard earned money to a company who cares about their Customer relations.

Original review: April 16, 2021

Bought Samsung 40" Smart TV at Best Buy. Easy set up. After watching a movie for just under two hours, sound goes to garble and is unintelligible. Only way to fix is to turn off TV and start over. Never stops happening. Same with the "Ambient Light" feature. Goes from dark to light with no ambient light changes. Called Customer Service to have TV fixed or replaced as still well within one year warranty. After two weeks of me changing out HDMI cable, resetting to factory settings and changing out cable companies [that was already planned] (they asked if we were sure it wasn't a cable company problem), the TV still has same problem. We have two other Samsung TV's that work just fine. Their next step is to take TV into their nearest repair center. It is a 2 1/2 hour round trip drive to get it there.

Nope, they will not generate a UPS Label for it to be sent to this repair center. So, basically, there is no warranty on Samsung TV's, unless you can take time off of work and spend extra money on gas for a road trip to Repair Center. This problem seems to be that we bought a Lemon and is most likely not repairable. Then, the customer has to make the same drive back again to pick up broken TV. It's not worth the travel money and time to replace an item that never worked from day 1! I asked if there was nothing else we could do? So sorry, nope! Warranty is an absolute joke! What reputable company does not stand behind it's product? We will be replacing this TV with anything other than a Samsung!

Original review: April 10, 2021

Excellent buy. Samsung LED TV Model # UN46EH6000FXZA, EH6000 Series is the King of Kings in TVs, THE BEST. It has 5000000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio, and 120Hz. It does not have local (CE) Global dimming as other Samsung's TVs that have gone viral and downhill. Smart TVs made by Samsung would be great without this watered down local dimming and Energy Gauge. I turned in a newer Samsung Smart for this model series EH6000 comes in many sizes 46, 50, 55, etc...

Original review: April 9, 2021

I did mess with the Samsung secret service menu and made my tv useless....meaning it was not longer a smart tv.... Channels though continued to play normally. I did sent my tv on official Samsung service in Athens explaining my problem to them and what I have done. I specifically requested to reset the firmware since that was the problem. They asked me to pay 29 euros just for technical control. I did send the tv paying 10 euros but they didn't bother to fix it. Instead they said that a T-con motherboard needed to be replaced for a 185 euros. The mother board was ok.... I just messed with the secret menu options!!! I asked them to send it back to me but no!!! I had to send someone to pick it up. Nice behavior since I live In Sparti 250 km from Athens. I paid another 10 euros to send someone and fetch it for me.

Anyway....through some online research I managed to find the motherboard myself for 65 euros plus 15 euros for postage and replace it myself since it was so easy.... Just a few screws and you are done. I will never buy a Samsung product again especially a Tv and the main reason is not the bad service and the overcharges for repair, but the Samsung policy not allowing firmware downgrade on their Tv's. The year before buying my tv (2015) downgrade on Samsung tv models was possible. Total cost 129 euros. I saved 56... Not bad.

Original review: March 17, 2021

We bought a QLED Curved TV and had to get service first month. Fixed OK, Then major problem with screen blowing at 23months. Samsung then advised that warranty is not valid as we bought a factory second (damaged carton) and their excuse only now is that it was second hand. Even though we have letter from Samsung two months after purchase advising we have Premium Service. Hence suited Samsung to honor first warranty of replacing small cable not working and then when TV screen fails they will fix but not under warranty at $1,580 COST.

Original review: March 6, 2021

February 2020 I contacted Samsung about a problem with my TV. First they said it was out of warranty. I told Samsung that I can’t believe that a $3500 TV would only last a little over 2 years. Samsung agreed to replace the panel at no charge. The first panel was received in March of 2020, unfortunately it was received damaged out of the box. Finally in April 2020 I received the second replacement.

February 2021 I called Samsung and informed them that the panel had a horizontal line at the bottom of the screen. They gave me a telephone number of a local repair shop. I call the local shop on 2-26- 2021 and finally on 3-1-2021 I talked with them. They informed me that the replacement panel furnished by Samsung has a warranty of only 90 days. The estimated cost to replace the panel was between $700 - $1000. There is no guarantee that this panel will last 90 days. After looking on Samsung’s community website, I see that this is a major problem with Samsung TV’s. After several attempts to get Samsung to fix the issue I get no response from any of my message that I have sent to them. It appears that they have removed my posts from their site.

I have been a fan of Samsung products up until now, it appears that Samsung will not stand behind their product. It is obvious that Samsung knows this is a major problem. As of now I cannot recommend Samsung products to anyone. I will alert other consumers on sites like, Best Buy, Amazon, etc., that there is a serious problem with Samsung TV’s. I will refer them to Samsung’s community webpage to review the issue posted by other consumers.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

2 years ago I replaced every kitchen appliance with a Samsung device. I have been happy with them. Yesterday I purchased a 55" QLED 4k Smart TV from them to use as a computer monitor. Then I found out that the remote they give you doesn't have a source/input button. You have to scroll through a dozen preinstalled "apps" from vendor partners to get back to your PC you have it plugged into, if you switched away to watch Netflix for a while or something. Fair enough.

I contact support, asking them how to delete the vendor apps. "Sorry, you can't do that". Okay, where can I get a replacement remote that's better than this one and has a source button on it? "These TVs will only work with *that* remote". Ah, so my solution is to return your product and exchange it for a competitors product. That seems like a bad solution for both of us, no? "It's a limitation of the product" No, it sounds more like it's a limitation of your company's marketing division. I build hardware for a living. Not a single product I've ever made requires a hulu app to be installed in order for it to function. Turns out some fine people have released a custom hacked firmware for samsung TVs that replaces everything. That's my next try. Samygo.tv has the details. But it's probably easier just to buy from someone else in the first place.

Samsung Computers and Monitors author review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1938, Samsung is a market leader offering LED LCD TVs at virtually every price point and size. Samsung TVs are available at national and regional retailers and online.

• Curved TV: Make any seat the best seat in the house. Samsung combines a curved screen with its Auto Depth Enhancer, an innovative design that creates a greater sense of contrast and depth.

• 4K UHD Upscaling: Even if you're watching non-4K content, Samsung's upscaling technology automatically improves the picture quality and enhances details.

• One connect box: Samsung allows you to streamline your audio and video connections by de-cluttering the connections that go from your components to your TV.

• UHD Video Pack: It comes pre-loaded with 4K UHD movies, documentaries and more to get your collection off to a great start.

• True colors: With wide color enhancer technology, brights are brighter, blacks blacker and whites are whiter, so you see pictures the way the director wanted you to see them.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team