2.69/5

3770 Samsung TV Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I made the mistake of buying this brand of TV - I will give it one star, but doesn't deserve even that. The apps constantly crash - Prime Video, etc, and was told by a technician they need to update this, but no update. Be kind to yourself, and don't buy this brand of TV - a total piece of junk, and a nightmare.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

Have had a Galaxy 6 phone for over 4 years and it has worked perfectly. No problems. The TVs are another bucket of fish. I have a 5 year old 40 inch LED, nonsmart TV that suddenly started to turn off and on by itself. The remote wasn't causing it nor was there any problems with the screen or power button. Forget repairs, too expensive. I gave it to a thrift shop down the street. In comparison, I have a 47 inch LCD from Philips I purchased in 2007 for $1800 that just keeps going. I also have a 3 year old 50 inch Sharp 4K that is outstanding. Bought my Father a 40 inch Vizio 5 years ago and that one just keeps going. I won't be buying a Samsung TV again. I'll go with Philips or Vizio. SAMSUNG FIX YOUR SUPPLY CHAIN! STOP BUYING INFERIOR PARTS!

Get expert buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

My 2 and half year old 43" Samsung TV developed lines through the screen 2 days ago. Their sarcastic response was "You know it's no longer in warranty, right." After being on for a half an hour this morning, I smelled something smoldering hot. As I was looking for where the smell was coming from, I realized it was the TV. I unplugged it and found a hot spot on the left edge of the screen, that started to melt the plastic of the edge. Luckily I caught it before a fire started. I'm done with Samsung!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

Bought a Samsung 7 Series TV from Best Buy. Spent $2,500. TV lasted 18 months and started cutting off all by itself and then rebooting. It would cut off and on all the time while watching regular TV and Netflix. We thought something was wrong with our cable or wireless service. It was the Samsung TV. Called Samsung and they sent fiber optic doughnut style cable that is a total piece of junk! Do not buy this TV. Price has dropped to $550. You are wasting your money. We will

never buy another Samsung product. Just purchased a Sony and are very satisfied!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I bought a 40 inch Samsung UHD TV. While we are watching a movie a couple months later then I hang the TV on Wall mount, we saw some lines appeared on the screen. Once I took it to Samsung service, they told me that there was a physical damage on the screen so it's not covered by the warranty. I explained or tried to explain that no one was touching or applying any pressure to the TV while we are watching etc. but they kept saying that the TV is broken by me or someone else at home and they ask me to pay the repair cost which is $500 - one half of the money I paid to buy it. I should say I am very dissatisfied and frustrated with them saying this is all my fault. DON'T BUY SAMSUNG BECAUSE IT MIGHT BE BROKEN ANYTIME ITSELF AND YOU NEED TO PAY FOR THE REPAIR.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I bought a Samsung curved 65" SUHD in 2016 for $2400 and it had 1-year warranty in it. While buying it from Costco, they increased it to 2 years. This was my first Samsung TV as I had a SONY earlier. 15 days after the warranty expired there was a scar on the curved TV in the middle of the screen. Called/Wrote to Samsung, and they humbly apologized that the TV was OOW and they said that their tech will come and verify the issue. I paid $200 bucks to him for just telling me that the Screen has to be replaced and will cost me $1000 approx plus labor which would lead to $1300. I never thought that a TV as expensive would cost me that amount after 2 yrs. Unlike SONY that has been there with me for the past 8 yrs and is still functioning great! It was my fault for trusting Samsung!! Am off it and will never buy a Samsung product! Putting this up for readers and prospective buyers!! Please don't waste your dollars with them!!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

Half our screen went dim 18 months after purchase. They gave us a one-time warranty fix on parts and labors. Great... only the parts installed went bad 99 days after fix. 9 days over the new warranty on parts. AND... NOTHING, we are now stuck with a broken 65 inch TV that's not even 2 years old that we paid over $1K for. Stayed on the phone with them for hours and hours, they claim they are limited by their system and have no power to do anything. Needless to say, never going to buy another Samsung product, they lost a customer for life...

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

We purchased a 55 inch curved Samsung TV in November 2017. It has a one year warranty. We all of a sudden got a blue screen on the tv. I thought maybe it was my cable so I tried them first and they said, "No. It was the TV." So I set up a call and they worked for 2 weeks to try and get someone to come and repair it. We live outside of Nashville and they said they had nobody to do repairs in the area. Really? So they set up an exchange. I sent them documentation and they approved my exchange on August 21st. It is now September 20th and they keep telling me to wait 1-2 days. I think it is time I get a lawyer. We paid $700 for a tv and have barely even used it. I wished I had known about their customer service or lack thereof because I would have never purchased from them. Rest assured it will be the last time and I will make sure everybody knows not to buy Samsung anything.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

Purchased 60 inch LED Samsung from Best Buy, I have had problems with apps crashing within the first year. Best Buy does nothing and says call Samsung. Samsung resets the television and solves problem for short time. Problem happens I have to call and go through same procedure. Problem has gotten worse over time and of course no longer in warranty period regardless of the fact it has been an issue since first year. Samsung loads new apps as you own your television. I know from being in computers that the more apps the more issues you will have. 75% of the apps I will NEVER use, I contact Samsung and they refuse to remove them. I thought I was the customer. I paid $1600 for that television and have had nothing but problems from it and the company. Never again will I buy any of their products. Save your money and buy at Costco as well better customer service.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Samsung 55 inch TV - Spent close to $1500 on this tv. Very disappointed! I was watching tv and the screen turned to big bold colored stripes. Was out of warranty. Paid $275 for labor to certified factory repair. Samsung supplied the $900 faulty panel part that this was a one time courtesy. Did they know the other components would fail? At this point I felt Samsung whose products I have always loved had made an effort to meet me in the middle on a expensive product only about 2 years old. The repair was done. 32 days later the screen went solid black to solid blue with the red light flashing.

Samsung informed me it is an internal power problem. Now I have paid about $1775 for a TV that does not work. The factory service said it is either the main board or motherboard. The parts are around $380 and $425 with another $275 for labor. I feel sick to my stomach about this. I got a lemon. A happy faithful Samsung customer crushed. Samsung needs to make it right. You are losing longtime customers.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Spent $1500 on this TV. Very disappointed. I was watching and the screen turned into bold colored stripes. Out of warranty paid $275 for labor to repair. Samsung supplied the faulty $900 panel part stating this was a one time courtesy. Did they know the other parts would fail? At this point I felt Samsung whose products I have always loved made an effort to meet me in the middle on a barely out of warranty expensive product. The repair was done 30 days ago and now it is flashing solid black screen to solid blue screen. Samsung informed me it is an internal power problem. Now I have paid $1775 for a TV that does not work. The factory service repair said it is either a Mainboard or the Motherboard or both parts 380 or 450 plus labor another $275. I feel sick to my stomach about this. I got a lemon! A faithful happy customer crushed!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

On 6/14/18 I purchased a 65" curved tv from Walmart. It was great, good picture, good sound act and so forth. On Aug 12 2018 it would not turn on. On 8/13/18 I called the warranty dept of Samsung because I was told by Walmart they were not responsible for warranty issues. I sent a copy of my receipt showing the tv was almost 2 months old via text and was told it had been submitted to the repair dept and I would get a email setting up a tech to come to our house. The next day I got a email with the info from a repair shop. It looked like a work order. By the next day I had not got the phone call to set an appointment for the repair, so I called them. They said that about 10 years ago they had a Samsung tech but not since then and they had told Samsung this several times. Now on the 20th of Aug I call Samsung back and they send an exchange request in as there is no repair person within a 75 mile radius.

When I called back on the 22 they said the exchange had been approved and I would get a e-mail or phone call letting me know when the new tv would be delivered and instructions and shipping labels to return the broken tv. I should get this info within 24 to 48 hours. Today is the end of 9/12/18 one month later. I have called Samsung several times, talked to several people including upper management and still know no more than I did a month ago. Every person says the same thing. They personally will expedite this and will follow up with a email or call. Except for the work order for the repair I have not received one call or email from them. I am a 70 year old lady who has bought lots of Samsung items over the year but can tell you I will never purchase another Samsung product. If my tv is not here by 9/14/18 I will be starting legal procedures and this is just the first of many letters I am writing.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

My 55" Samsung LCD TV ironically died right after warranty. 2 years for a $1000 TV? I called customer service, absolutely NO help. They offered to give me a phone # of an Samsung repair service... $100 to say my TV is in fact broken. Another $200 to $300 to "maybe" fix the problem??? WHAT! NEVER again will I buy ANYTHING from Samsung. Their products have known issues & are designed to break RIGHT after warranty. NEVER AGAIN!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Let me say first, 9 out of the 10 customer service people I dealt with were extremely helpful in figuring out a huge mess with three customer repair orders mixed up. I first called while my TV was under warranty (the TV would go off by itself & not come back on), but the time-consuming confusion put the date out of warranty. They finally honored warranty, I packed it in original packing & box, they shipped the TV 3000 miles across the country for repair. It came back with a line, I argued with them & they finally agreed to send it to a local Samsung repair shop 8 miles away. This should have been their first choice. The tech said it had a cracked screen which could not be repaired. I'm guessing 6000 miles of shipping might have caused it.

Samsung refused to replace the $250 TV, once again saying it was no longer under warranty, even though the damage occurred while in their possession. I now have a TV with an ever widening vertical black line. I will never buy Samsung again. I must say again, the service reps spent 2 months and many hours helping me, I wish I could thank them but I only have first names & ticket numbers.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

Bought 82 inch TV 8 months ago and it stopped working. We called Samsung and they thought it was either the cord or the power box so they said they would send a new one out and it would be here in 3 days. Now it has been 21 days and we still do not have parts. The first 2 people from Samsung said it takes 5 to 10 business days to ship and that’s all they can say. They said they do not have a tracking number and we can call back on day 10 if it’s not here. Then on day 10 they said they had up to 15 days and they had no tracking number for delivery. This part is the size of a book and it’s from New Jersey. Now it’s been 21 days and they said we might get the part next week sometime. I am paying for TV that I haven’t been able to watch for 23 days and they said there’s nothing they can do. This will be our last Samsung product ever.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

We have been dealing with Samsung for over 9 weeks now. Our TV quit working and they tried to repair it but it couldn't be fixed. After they kept telling us it would be replaced, we've never received it. Every person we spoke to told us a different story, basically they all lied to us. We've called every day several times a day and left messages, no one will return our calls. Worst company and customer service I've ever dealt with! DO NOT BUY FROM SAMSUNG, YOU WILL REGRET IT!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Bought 60" UHD 4k (UN60KU6290) Samsung TV at Costco in Nov. 2016 (bought extended warranty). Early May 2018 we see shadows on the screen. Capri Electronique (Samsung approved repair center) changed the screen under extended Costco warranty. There are still shadows in the corners which they say is "normal" even though it wasn't like that when I bought it. I will NEVER buy a Samsung product. They lie to consumers in their publicity and don't back-up their products. The only good thing is that the $99 extended warranty is good until 2021 so I guess we'll be calling Costco Concierge again, and again, and again as the shadows expand... or when I get fed up I'll take them to small claims.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Purchased my 55" 4K UHD curved TV for $1500, Thought I was buying something that would last for more than 2 years, shortly after the 2 year mark the TV quit working properly. The screen only lights up half way, went through tech support diagnoses and sure enough they concluded a problem with the TV. Of course my warranty had expired after 1 year. Figured I could at least get some customer support with the issue, but I found they could do nothing for me. This company has no regard for customer loyalty they simply told me "Sorry we didn't meet your expectations!" Really!!! $1500 for a tv that worked 2 years, what garbage. Stay away from this brand!!! You won’t regret the decision. BUY AMERICAN NOT KOREAN GARBAGE!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

My 55 inch Samsung SUHD Curved TV (UA55JS9000) started showing "light bleeding on both left and right edges after about 2.5 years - had paid USD $ 4,600/- for the unit. Contacted Samsung - first they said the TV is out of warranty and their kind offer was to replace the panel at further cost to me @ US$ 1,350/-!!! However the prices are come down dramatically for the repair cost - I can probably get a brand new unit. As a Videophile / Audiophile myself - this is the first time I am getting such a product and service - Samsung's attitude towards a customer holding their high-end premium TV clearly shows that they don't bother about customer loyalty or product reliability. Will never recommend these units nor brand to anyone. Stay away!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

Purchased a Samsung top of the line UN65JS9500FXZA TV for over $3,000 roughly 2.5 years ago. Screen all of a sudden went black. Unplugged it, pressed all the buttons and nothing. Sound comes on fine, but NOTHING DISPLAYED. Read the Samsung community forums and have the same issue as thousands of users. Opened a ticket with Samsung to see what it costs to fix. For the cost, better to buy a NEW TV!!! My father's LG that is 5 years old and my Pioneer Plasma which is over 10 years old works great!!! Samsung? HELL NO. Will never buy TVs from them no matter what features they have. 2.5 year lifespan is over $1,000 a year just to watch TV!!! What a joke!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

I bought 32 inch tv 6 month ago. Suddenly TV blank. Engineer told panel problem with water. Lekej very chor company become my TV. No any water possible where my tv is fit. Very very chor company. No one buy any product from Samsung. Please contact me.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

Never buy Samsung LED TV. We bought TV of rs. After 2.5 years it got off itself and engineer of Samsung said problem is with board. Now saying problem is display. Around 30000 rs with no guarantee. Huge corruption.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

Bought a Samsung 60" LED TV during 2016 Holiday Season. It died today. Contacted Samsung support and was told the warranty expired 12/31/2017. This is the first time I bought a TV that died. Sad. Worst TV ever bought.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Just bought a 42" Smart TV from Samsung, after 5 months of usage, bright spots appeared in all corners of the TV. After spending hard earned money and reading reviews on Samsung TV I'm afraid all I can do is just sit and wait for the TV to be totally damaged. Lesson learned don't buy the brand, buy the quality.

Original review: July 30, 2018

UDH 4k TV (UN55KS8000) stopped working correctly after just 16 months. Dark area appears on the TV, repair would be as much as a new TV. The problem is frequent with Samsung TVs as a Google search shows. Don't buy!!!

Original review: July 25, 2018

Purchased this tv (Samsung model TV Un60h6203afxza) in 2015 (paid a lot of money thinking I was buying a good reliable product since the name was Samsung. What a mistake that was) and yesterday the picture went out! Called Samsung, yeah right...went thru a few steps and was told I'd have to take it to a service center, where is the nearest to me, guess what there isn't one! Basically, “I'm sorry is there anything else I can do???” What a JOKE Samsung and a waste of time! I had to end calling Best Buy and talking with them then it was the main display which would cost more than buying a new TV to fix if it could even be fixed!

When you go into a store to make a expensive purchase you expect a good quality product that will last! I have 2 other Samsung TVs, a fridge that the ice maker has already went out 3 yrs ago, 2 new Samsung phones that I wished I would have never purchased! This will be my last Samsung purchase! I’m going to purchase products from a more reliable company that cares and would at least offer you a discount on your next tv, electronics purchase! They could care less about customer satisfaction or keeping you as a customer! TAKE MY ADVICE DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM SAMSUNG. YOU'LL REGRET IT. TRUST ME! VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED IN SAMSUNG.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I called Samsung. After sitting on phone for 45 min., Samsung says warranty good for 1 yr. only. Spent 1599.99 on tv they won't repair. Too much monies to be out of a tv and use it only a yr. Someone should be able to do something or warn buyers of Samsung. Just not fair.

Original review: July 24, 2018

Known issue with Samsung and they will not advise public. My 55" Samsung fell off the wall and getting help from Samsung is not easy. I recommend NEVER buy Samsung TV unless you want to risk great bodily injury and property damage. I do not trust this company with any of their products.

Original review: July 21, 2018

Great TV all the way around. Had to call them once on set-up and they answered quickly and were very helpful. Samsung has the best quality with all the whistles and bells. Its a good reliable television with excellent features and picture.

Original review: July 20, 2018

Samsung is the best brand. It's an innovative brand, top of tech. Always improving, ease interface with any other device, great connectivity, best fidelity and enhanced image.

Samsung Computers and Monitors expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1938, Samsung is a market leader offering LED LCD TVs at virtually every price point and size. Samsung TVs are available at national and regional retailers and online.

• Curved TV: Make any seat the best seat in the house. Samsung combines a curved screen with its Auto Depth Enhancer, an innovative design that creates a greater sense of contrast and depth.

• 4K UHD Upscaling: Even if you're watching non-4K content, Samsung's upscaling technology automatically improves the picture quality and enhances details.

• One connect box: Samsung allows you to streamline your audio and video connections by de-cluttering the connections that go from your components to your TV.

• UHD Video Pack: It comes pre-loaded with 4K UHD movies, documentaries and more to get your collection off to a great start.

• True colors: With wide color enhancer technology, brights are brighter, blacks blacker and whites are whiter, so you see pictures the way the director wanted you to see them.

• Best for: Home-theater enthusiasts and movie and TV connoisseurs.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs