2.20/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

3798 Samsung TV Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I purchased a TV of 1000€. Within 4 years broken and the support did nothing. Yet I put my trust in Samsung and bought a 4K TV of 1300€ and within 2 years and 2 months broken. You wouldn't guess but my warranty ended 2 months ago so Samsung did again nothing. Do NOT buy a Samsung TV. They are really bad quality.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

If I could do a minus 5 stars I would. I bought a Samsung TV approximately 2 yrs ago. On 11/11/18 I noticed there was an orange glow on bottom left corner so I took a closer look. I felt it and it was warm to touch. This TV nearly caught on fire and posed a fire hazard to my house and family. I contacted Samsung and was told they would make good on this by issuing a refund check of $521.92 so I could buy another TV. All I had to do was take a pic of the damage and remove the serial # sticker and file a claim and the check would be in the mail within the week.

Nothing happened so I called Samsung again. They changed their story. I was told now the KW International trucking “out of Buffalo” would be in touch with me to pick up the tv within 14 days. Once they pick up the tv they will contact Samsung with the bills of lading information. First of all, KW International is not out of Buffalo NY. Second of all, 14 days have passed and quickly approaching 21 days for this “trucking company” to call. I’ve gone without a tv for nearly 1 month and had none for Thanksgiving. Now it looks like I won’t have a tv for Christmas. Please spread the word about this situation. There was never a recall on this tv and I’ve heard there have been other people experiencing this same problem.

Get expert buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Do not buy a Samsung. They are disposable TVs. Mine went blank/black screen after three years. Too expensive to fix and all you get from support is (we are sorry). Went with LG and so far it is great. Took Samsung TV straight to the dump!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I recently purchased a Samsung UN55MU9000 series TV to replace my old Panasonic Plasma. Got a great deal and was very excited to install it. Yes! Installed and hating every minute of viewing it. The picture is horrible compared to my Plasma. When watching sports the color lags behind and blurs. Now to make matters even better, The Smart hub does not work. I use ROKU and it won't stay connected to the internet. So I took a ROKU unit from another TV (again another Panasonic Plasma) and it works just fine. I was ready to purchase a new 65" to replace that other plasma this Black Friday but I just can't due to the issues with this one. I guess I will look at the Vizio PQ65-F1 with the quantum dot. Really upset with the future and quality of these expensive TVs.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

Purchased TV at Costco on 03/08/2018, on approximately 10/15/2018 the screen went black. I contacted Costco Concierge Service. They put me in contact with Samsung warranty services. Samsung told me I would be contacted by a repairman within 3 business days. The next day I was contacted by Tech 2U repair service, we set up an appointment for the following day. Later in the day they called me back and told me that by the description of the issue the technician knew what was wrong with my TV but that the necessary parts were on back order.

They called me the following Monday to schedule repair for the next day. The repairman showed up and replaced defective parts only to find the new part was defective as well. He checked with Samsung and was notified that the part was now on back order for at least another week. At this point I asked for a replacement and was denied. The next day I contacted Costco Concierge Service again. They contacted Samsung on my behalf, they too were denied replacement.

Several days later I was contacted by Samsung and told that my TV would be replaced and that I would be contacted by the shipping company within 3 business days. A few days later I received an e-mail from the Samsung that my replacement was in process and I was given tracking information. Two days later I tracked my replacement and it said that it was received by shipper. Today, 4 days later I checked tracking and it says that my replacement has been cancelled. Due to the fact that today is Saturday and Samsung has no customer service available on the weekends I will have to wait till Monday to find out what is going on. I find this totally unacceptable that such a large company do business in this manner. I have been without a television for over a month and have spent hours of my time on the phone and waiting for a repairman. THIS WILL ABSOLUTELY BE THE LAST SAMSUNG PRODUCT I WILL EVER PURCHASE!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

The new Samsung TV simply does not function with any internet connection. It sits for hours saying “Hub is being updated.” Even tried the Samsung-recommended airplay app to try to view content from iPad. It simply does not work. I updated the TV software and still got messages that I needed to update my software. This thing is a box on the wall that does nothing.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

I purchased a Samsung TV On Oct 2016 (eZone, India). After around 9 months it suddenly give blank screen. Called to customer care, they told if is motherboard issue and this need to be replace. As it is under Warranty period so we don’t have any issue. Again few days before same issue appear. We called to Customer care and Engg came and told Motherboard issue. Without opening and seeing inside simply he told motherboard issue. This need to be replace. Last Time we asked the engg why it happens and he told to use stabilizer. We started using stabilizer but still it happen again. This time engg telling that might be you using remote to switch off. Switch off only through power plug. Not sure what to do. Even we cannot sell this TV and purchase some other brand. This is very worst experience with Samsung TV. Same issue twice in two years. Seems they using some re-furbished items. Never purchase Samsung TV as my experience.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

Purchased UN55KS800 09/2016 with one year extended warranty. Now have the vertical lines that others mentioned. Are these TVs scheduled to go bad after a certain time? It was quoted that it would take $700 to repair. What a bunch of bull. Don't buy anything Samsung. Samsung needs to do something besides say, "I'm sorry." They should replace or repair these "Smart" dumb TVs.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

The television developed a fault. The lower quarter on the screen became darker. Took it to an approved Samsung repairers. The cost of repairs was about the same cost as the price when we bought £850 to replace screen as LED bars had failed and they were not available therefore only option is to replace screen! I think that a TV should last more than 3 years. I know the warranty is only a year! But it is expected that a TV last considerably longer than that!! I spoke with Customer services and complaints. They were totally unsympathetic. Basically said, "Tough. Get on with it." The repairs to TV are uneconomical to me. I will never buy Samsung again!! I had previously bought 3 of their TV's and sound bars, but the CUSTOMER SERVICES is non existent. Buy a SAMSUNG. Not me anymore.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I bought a Samsung 49 inch smart TV about a month ago. TV that we purchased was functioning good till a week ago. Thereafter whenever we switch on the TV vertical lines on the screen started appearing. As soon as we seen this issue, I logged a complaint to customer care citing the problem. A day after technician visited our house and told us the vertical lines are the result of impactable damage and same is not covered under warranty and not willing to replace the TV panel and asked me to pay almost 50% of the TV cost to replace TV panel. Why I should pay for faulty and defective product. Why this is not comes under warranty and even there is no physical damage diagnosed by the technician. Never buy Samsung products.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Bought NU 8000 8/13/18. Stopped working and called for service, which did not happen until the 3rd call. Tech came out, quick diagnosis - main board bad. New board installed one week later, did not fix the problem. New screen ordered, installed - did not fix the problem. Called customer abuse line, no records of service being done, have tech give us a call. NO follow up by Samsung. Called numerous times for info/ update, NO return calls from Samsung. After 2 months of storing their junk tv, a promise to send out trucking company. NO calls from Samsung or a “mystery” trucking company. More calls, emails and now after 3 months, another trucking company promise. This time an actual company called for pick up. We’ll see...tv is junk, customer “service” is abusive, no follow up. BEWARE of any Samsung product. Remember the exploding phones of a few years ago, that was the customer’s fault also.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I bought a Samsung 55 inch about a year and a half ago. Suddenly out of nowhere a small vertical line began to develop in the bottom right hand corner of the TV. As time progressed the line has grown up the entire TV and developed black spheres of dead pixels originating from the vertical line. I spoke with customer service who admitted the screen is faulty and this case is super rare in occurrence but unfortunately they have no repair techs in the area and the cost as well as finding my own tech would rely solely on me. "Yup. Here’s a faulty TV we sold you, we can’t fix it, and oh yeah if you do find a tech the repair cost is on you." Never again Samsung, never again.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

We had raised an incident with Samsung customer service of TV not working when plugged. It would switch on and off with blank screen and had to unplug power from the socket. At first the representative assigned repair to a TV center that does not repair TVs under 1 year and ours was short a year. Later we requested them to change the ticket to some other repair service to which they said that a new ticket has to be raised for a new TV repair center. Finally, We had a representative come and check and they said it would need to be replaced.

We raised an another ticket for exchange as it was under warranty and then later when we called Samsung customer service they said the customer info is missing which we later gave on the call, and then after few days customer service informed us that it's been waiting for approvals which would take 3-4 business days and then 8-10 days for shipping. As we did not get a response for a week, we had to call again and this time customer services gave us 10-11 business days for approval and 10 days for shipping. Every time we call all we hear is 10-11 business days with no end date. It almost been a month now and now based on the new date from customer care it will take 2 months from when TV had gone bad. What an experience!!! First of all a TV that was purchased less than a year back has gone bad, how can anybody buy such a TV.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

Bought the tv August 2018, after a few days when tv was turned on the screen stayed gray for a few mins. I did not think anything of it at first as some days it would come right on. More problems started the end of October, tv would not turn on/off or retain the programmed channels. Unable to use remote got another remote and still no difference. Tv is now on 24/7 to retain channels as the remote would only work 1x to scan for the channels. Called Samsung last week, explained all this, via phone calls and chat sessions, still no satisfaction, told me they are sending another remote (which they never did).

I filled out a work order and rec'd a phone call two days later, asking me for all my info again...this being the 5th time. I gave serial and model numbers. Did I mention the button under the screen on the tv for on/off/channels does not work...hence the problem is in the tv and not the remote. I am so disappointed with this Samsung company...difficult to contact, hard to get through to reps what is going on. Now stuck with a tv that cost over $400, will not work and did I mention I am retired and on a budget.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I have a Samsung Smart TV 32" for the last 13 months and bought it from Croma center. Suddenly it was dead. I called the Samsung technician and he told the motherboard need to be replaced which will cost to me around Rs 7000. Not recommending anyone to buy a Samsung. Invoice: **, Purchased on: 2017-09-28.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

My wife was cleaning around the tv when she noticed fingerprints so she wiped them out. When she turned it on she saw a crack on the screen and vertical lines that ran down the screen. Samsung were not willing to do anything about it other than direct me to a repair place knowing fixing it is going to cost more than the actual tv which is poor business practices. I will never buy any Samsung product and will post as many reviews on as many sites as possible including all my social media accounts. I will never recommend them to all my family friends and work associates and discourage purchase of any Samsung products.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I bought this TV 1.3 years ago. It started turning itself on by itself. I had to unplug it to stop it. Now it will not turn off or on, Called support. Tech said it needed a board. Tech took Tv apart and cracked screen. Now it is scrap and they will not fix it , because it is not their problem. Because I am also an engineer, I will tell you the problems. Tv is way too thin for its size. The back of the TV snaps off so the tech had to pry the screen apart. Light screen was duck taped to hold it in the frame. The Tv cracked from the tech prying it apart. By the way a warranty or extended warranty does not cover a cracked screen. No more Samsung products for me.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

We purchased a Samsung TV UN50J6200 LED for our son on 8/15/2016. Yesterday he called to say that the bottom left side of the screen had a black ring and the side of the tv was hot and had melted. We read some reviews and found that this had also happened to others and nothing can be done because the warranty is only good for 1 year. Seems like this is an issue and we will not be purchasing another Samsung tv until they address this problem. This is a real fire hazard and needs to be resolved before someone gets hurt.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

We purchased a Supposedly brand new Samsung TV, We took the TV home and plugged it in and there were lines running across the TV. The Place where it was purchased it, gave us the runaround and had a repair person look at it and they advised it was a faulty TV and to contact Samsung which we did and they sent their own contracted repair people who called Samsung and said no they wouldn't replace it or fix it. So now we are stuck with a month and half old tv we paid $1300.00 for and can't watch it. I would never ever buy Samsung products again and my friends and family won't either. It's the 2018 Samsung QLED 65in TV.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

Called support day I got TV to report that brand new TV will not stay connected to wifi. Internet provider came 3 times to ensure their service is not to blame. Back to Samsung support that I call about 5 times every day - worst support team I've ever come across. Government workers give better phone support. Samsung doesn't care, Samsung support doesn't care, and I now have a 43” paperweight that Samsung purposely string me along with for one year so they don't have to fix it. Never buying - any Samsung anything again.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I have a Samsung Smart TV 55" for the last 18 months. Suddenly it was dead. Called the company to arrange service. They were very cooperative. They guided me to nearest maintenance center, next say received a call from them that the estimated repair cost is 1200 CAD which is 400 more than the TV price. They said it need a new LCD. When I try to discuss this they told me it normal that LCD lifespan is 2 yrs when I have a LG TV still working since 8 yrs. Not recommending anyone to buy a Samsung.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

Before my recent experience I have always bought Samsung products. I bought a 65 inch Samsung TV in April of 2018. By September 2018 my TV has stopped working. Samsung sent out a repairman and he said a part needed to be replaced. The repairman came back 2 weeks later and said that the TV can’t be repaired and that Samsung would call me to replace the TV. Needless to say they never called so I had to call them. Their customer service has been terrible! Every time I call they say that they will have someone call me back, but no one ever calls. Then when I call back and wait on hold for an hour or more they tell me that all they can do is send an email to escalation.

It’s now the end of October 2018 and my TV still hasn’t been replaced. We spend all this money on a brand that’s suppose to be the best, but at the end of the day all we are doing is paying for the name! The Samsung repairman even disclosed to me that Samsung now makes their TVs with cheaper parts in order compete price wise with TVs that are more affordable. I don’t mind paying for quality, but Samsung’s quality is not what it use to be. Not only has their quality declined, but their customer service is terrible. With that being said I will no longer buy any Samsung products.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Our Samsung went black two months ago. The service repair person brought a brand new screen... Out of the box, it did not work. Since our Television was under warranty, we were approved for a new tv of the same model. Like I said, at least eight calls to Samsung’s “customer service”... Still no tv. They are now saying that it would probably be at least ten more business days to get the tv to a delivery company... But no guarantees... Let me summarize... MORE tyranny two months to replace a bad television... Save yourself grief... Don’t buy Samsung.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

We purchased a led smart tv 32 in last year on Aug 26th 2017, but in Aug 22nd 2018 the tv screen has the problem & changed in warranty. Again in 10th Oct 2018 the tv have main motherboard problem, but the Samsung told me warranty is over this is a paying service. If we bought a tv at 31000.00 rupees and problem happen in a year, are you think that is it right? Then why should not we go for other brand mi/Micromax or other cheapest brand. I think that Samsung also purchase the tv from the lower brand and brand it and take double payment for us.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I bought a Samsung from Best Buy Magnolia 6 years ago. It seemed with very little use to my shock. SAMSUNG explains you can't guarantee electronics. If I want I can get it repaired as the guarantee has expired in 5 years.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Growing up we had always had Samsung products and they worked great. Never one issue. About 2 years ago I purchased a 49 inch Samsung 4K tv. It worked great for the first 9 months. After that the tv would randomly turn itself off. I adjusted the settings to see if that would fix the issue... Nope still would turn itself off and started to become more frequent. Next the one connect box started to not work. I lost hdmi ports 1 and 3. There weren’t any storms or anything. They just stopped working. It constantly says that the port is unavailable...

Then yesterday (10/15/2018) the tv just died... None of the hdmi ports work, the tv won’t connect to my Xbox one, and I can’t even get the apps to work. Called Samsung customer service and the first thing they said is "You know you're out of warranty correct sir?" (warranty expired in August, go figure). They said there was nothing they could do for me because it was out of warranty. I got tired of explaining myself and hung up. DO NOT BUY SAMSUNG! The quality is crap and the customer service is even worse. I will never buy another Samsung product!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I SPENT 4000 DOLLARS AND TV IS SIMPLY TRASH but it qua huge and I rarely watched. In 5 years it dimmed. The lights are gone. 4000 thrown in TRASH. Samsung explain. You can't never guarantee electronics lifespan.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

During warranty the television started to go black with lights coming from bottom of screen, a new screen was sent out, the brand-new replacement screen did not work, it took over a month to approve a replacement with the same model number. I am STILL waiting for a tv...to date it has been one month and four days...customer service is terrible. No answers, no call backs, no service. Only excuses. Save yourself grief, you might want to consider a different name brand so that you actually get support if need be.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I made the mistake of buying this brand of TV - I will give it one star, but doesn't deserve even that. The apps constantly crash - Prime Video, etc, and was told by a technician they need to update this, but no update. Be kind to yourself, and don't buy this brand of TV - a total piece of junk, and a nightmare.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

Have had a Galaxy 6 phone for over 4 years and it has worked perfectly. No problems. The TVs are another bucket of fish. I have a 5 year old 40 inch LED, nonsmart TV that suddenly started to turn off and on by itself. The remote wasn't causing it nor was there any problems with the screen or power button. Forget repairs, too expensive. I gave it to a thrift shop down the street. In comparison, I have a 47 inch LCD from Philips I purchased in 2007 for $1800 that just keeps going. I also have a 3 year old 50 inch Sharp 4K that is outstanding. Bought my Father a 40 inch Vizio 5 years ago and that one just keeps going. I won't be buying a Samsung TV again. I'll go with Philips or Vizio. SAMSUNG FIX YOUR SUPPLY CHAIN! STOP BUYING INFERIOR PARTS!

Samsung Computers and Monitors expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1938, Samsung is a market leader offering LED LCD TVs at virtually every price point and size. Samsung TVs are available at national and regional retailers and online.

• Curved TV: Make any seat the best seat in the house. Samsung combines a curved screen with its Auto Depth Enhancer, an innovative design that creates a greater sense of contrast and depth.

• 4K UHD Upscaling: Even if you're watching non-4K content, Samsung's upscaling technology automatically improves the picture quality and enhances details.

• One connect box: Samsung allows you to streamline your audio and video connections by de-cluttering the connections that go from your components to your TV.

• UHD Video Pack: It comes pre-loaded with 4K UHD movies, documentaries and more to get your collection off to a great start.

• True colors: With wide color enhancer technology, brights are brighter, blacks blacker and whites are whiter, so you see pictures the way the director wanted you to see them.

• Best for: Home-theater enthusiasts and movie and TV connoisseurs.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs