3.10/5
Based on 214 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: May 22, 2018

3698 Samsung TV Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 22, 2018

I bought a Samsung TV for 2017 Thanksgiving weekend and going through Horrible troubles from Samsung TV. I thought my experience would be useful for others while making decision hence writing what I am going through. We bought TV from Costco where we had 90 days return guarantee, meaning I can return without hesitation within 90 days. This TV started showing wireless connectivity and connecting to external peripherals like HDMI almost starting day 1. While all other devices including my 8 years old Sony TV works on wireless without any issues this days old new Samsung TV having problem all the way. Unfortunately I took some leisure having confidence that either Samsung or Costco would help if there is real issue and didn't return within 90 days. This is where my biggest mistake is and all my trouble started here.

After 93 days I got some free time. Wanted to fix the technical problem or get help from Samsung/Costco. I keep calling both Costco concierge and Samsung. They go through basic diagnostic steps. Sometimes it work for a while and then the problems show up again. This continued for 4 weeks and at last Samsung agreed to send some service representative. The service representative came and changed the main board and also the wifi module. It did work for about 6 weeks and started showing the same problem again. Called again Costco and Samsung, again the drama repeats. This time Samsung set up a service and they cancelled also automatically for the reason I didn't lift the phone once.

I am really not getting, is it fun calling them every time and speak about 20-30 mins going through same basic diagnostic steps. Certainly devices are not built this sensitive but unfortunately if this happens for a device or two why don't they give proper solution?? Why I had to call them these many times?? Moreover the Samsung representatives first give warning saying, "If it is not our problem we would charge for the service"... Why don't they understand my basic response I don't have problem with any other device that are connected to the same internet?? This could be some wiring problem or could be anything else. Samsung/Costco giving unbearable trouble for the trust I had on them... Got be very careful with Samsung. I never encountered this kind of customer service from anybody before. Got be very careful while buying things from Samsung guys.

Original review: May 19, 2018

I called last week in regards to my Samsung 55' TV. The TV is not even 5 years old and last night my daughter and I were watching TV and all of a sudden it sounded like a firecracker went off, the screen went black and there was only sound. So I called tech support for Samsung and they stated they never heard of this (but yet you google this problem and it seems to be a common problem with their TV's). So they gave my information to service and service followed up this morning. I was told there would be a fee of $110 (Part of this will go to the repair in the event it could be repaired, if not I am out of $110.00!). I cannot afford this fee plus additional fees to fix the problem, I also can't afford a new TV! I bought your brand because it was a well known brand that I could trust and thought it was something that would last more than 5 years!!! I am so aggravated with them!!!

Get expert buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 16, 2018

On Mother's Day, Sunday, May 13, the TV had sound but no picture. We were waiting for the Yankee game to come back on after a rain delay. After no picture on the TV in the family room everyone left. We tried to troubleshoot the problem. After looking up the problem on Google search, we realized that we were not the only ones with the problem. There were dozens of incidents where the picture ceased to exist. Now we are forced less than three years after purchasing this Samsung 46 inch LED smart TV for $700 to purchase another TV. We only use the remote on the TV. We don't move the TV. I don't understand… It was a huge expense for us at the time to purchase this TV and it lasted less than three years. There should be a class action lawsuit regarding these types of problems with Samsung TVs.

Original review: May 15, 2018

Paid almost $3,000 for Samsung 4k Smart TV a little over 3 years ago and the screen just went out. After determining it could not be fixed via troubleshooting, I was directed to a service center. Cost to fix is over $1,000, which is a complete joke. Quick side note, my brand new Samsung dishwasher also took a crap less than a week after purchase. Needless to say, we will no longer purchase any Samsung products and will be extremely vocal about the poor quality of their products.

Original review: May 10, 2018

I paid a lot of money for the Samsung TV and a surround sound to be installed. It's like being in the movie theatre at home! We love it. As not rich people, we did invest in great systems for our bedroom and living room. It is our biggest form of entertainment so, why not? Everyone comes over to watch the games or anything else special. I like to entertain and with everything cable and the internet have to offer, I manage to have friends and neighbors over a lot! I like to feel that people want to come to our home and have a great time guaranteed! Thank you!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: May 10, 2018

75" TV WITH A WHITE SPOT ON SCREEN - Contacted Samsung about my issue, they said nothing they could do to help me because TV is 3 years old. I explained to them that I'm a very good customer, just bought over $18k worth of their products and they should at least try to help with this problem. They told me I should just buy another 75" TV, they could care less about my problem with the TV. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER SAMSUNG PRODUCT.

Original review: May 9, 2018

My Complaint. On Monday April 2nd 2018 I called in to your customer service line (800-Samsung) for some assistance with my 65” 4K television. After a few qualifying questions were asked to make sure I was still under warranty I explained the situation. My wife and I were watching television when we heard a pop followed by horizontal and vertical lines along the left hand side and the bottom to our television. Seemed odd and we both looked at each other in shock. We both take very good care of our things as we tend to buy high quality items. After explaining that to the customer service representative on the phone we went through some troubleshooting exercises that did not work. They then advised us that they will be sending out a technician to assess the issues further. The Technician arrive on April 3rd and assessed the television.

He stated and I quote “I am not sure how that happened. It does not appear to be any physical signs that would cause it to do that”. I replied, "It should not, as we always take care of our things." He then said “I will take some pictures and send them to Samsung for approval”. A few days go by and I called for an update. I was told that the television was physically damaged by your customer service representative. I ask, how can you tell it has physical damage? I was told that, "The pictures were reviewed by our warranty department and deemed it was physical damage." I explained the conversation I had with the technician and that he even stated it was odd damage and could not explain how it could have happen. I was asked, "Did he write that anywhere." I said no, because he did not. Had I known I needed to record the technician I would have.

Nevertheless, I asked to speak to someone in the Executive Customer Relations department as advised by the technician. I was told NO. I was surprised as I did not think it was common practice to tell a customer NO. After some jousting back and forth, about 10 minutes of it, I was finally transferred to a supervisor. This is when customer service was thrown completely out the window. I hope the conversation was recorded as this person should not be representing your company. After another 10 minute altercation finally transferred to the Executive Customer Relations line. The person I spoke with made me feel like she was listening to me and was to do some research on her end and call me back. I am still waiting for that call. About a week later I called back and was transferred promptly this time. Spoke to a young man that instilled some small hope back in your company.

He was to set up for a second technician to come out for a second opinion. I received a call that day for someone to come out. While on the phone the caller realized that they had already sent someone out to see me. Apparently, this was the same company from the first time. She said, "I will need to call you back." I’m also still waiting on that call. Fast-forward to today. This was the icing on the cake. Spoke to a gentleman in ECR that allowed me to vent and told me that my case number (**) was closed even though I never got my second opinion. I asked for a supervisor and Christen (Employee # **) got on the phone. His first question was “How can I help you?” I asked, "Were you not informed about why I was transferred to you." He answered, "Yes I know all about it", so I asked, "Why ask how can you help me when you know the situation."

Knowing he was unable to help me and asked for his supervisor. He states she does not take calls. I asked for her name and he states he cannot provide that information. Needless to say I was completely lost for words and disgusted by the people that are representing your brand. Now instead of dealing with that supervisor I have wasted my time and yours with this letter. I myself work in the customer service field and quite often have to deal with conversations very similar to this one and I understand the levity of the situations and consequences my words have. That statement “warranty deemed it was physical damage” was eye opening. Numerous times I clearly stated that there was no physical damage nor did my wife or I physically abused this product. As a customer it was a slap in my face that what I say does not matter.

A customer that has spent over $30,000 or more in the last 5 years on Samsung products cannot be taken at his word over a $2000 65” 4K television. To put it in context, we are talking about .06% of the already spent dollars. Needless to say the dollars I would have spent in the future. If I were just treated with good customer service time, effort, and brand loyalty could have been saved. That’s of course if that matters to your company. I deal with about 10 to 15 situations like this on a monthly basis and for me the decision is easy. The customer is always right to a point. Moreover, the “repeat” customer is always right. Especially if the fix is .06% or less of their lifetime spend to date. I am happy to provide proof of the items I have.

Normally, in my personal life I don’t write bad reviews or make a big stink about things that I feel can be done better from the standpoint of customer service, but this one I cannot let go. I ask that you please look into this case to help me understand why it has come to this point. I’m not looking for anything more than just someone in your organization to do the right thing for a customer.

Original review: May 6, 2018

I bought this flatscreen in August 2016 from Best Buy in Lakewood CO. Last night it simply quit. No picture. No sound. Power light remained on. Nothing. No bad weather or disturbance of any kind. My last Samsung 55" died in less than 4 years. I do not understand why TVs seem to be a "disposable" item, i.e., do not last long so must be replaced. I spent $600 on this tv. I do NOT recommend Samsung TVs. Buyer beware. Not dependable and customer support is bad, too.

Original review: May 4, 2018

Nov. 1, 2017, my husband bought a 55in tv, from Best Buy. It broke four months later. Well under warranty. He arranged for it be repaired with Samsung, but we didn't hear anything back on the repair ticket, and the phone number we were given for it was a bad number. I called towards the beginning of April and was told the original repair had been canceled by Samsung, but no one could tell me why. We discussed option and was told that there could be an 'onsite' exchange done, meaning at our house. I asked what would happen if the same make and model was not available and was told we would be given an offer for an upgraded make/model. We waited again for the onsite exchange request to go through, was given another email with a ticket number that showed no progress and another bad telephone number.

I started calling again last week to see what the progress is and am told that they would only do an onsite exchange with a refurbished model. No one explained why the upgrade offer was no longer an option. Yes, I tried asking. Was told that the case was being expedited and that if I hadn't heard anything by Monday, to call back. We did not receive any calls.

I call Tuesday and am told that I should do an in-store exchange if I want a new tv. I ask what happens if they don't have the TV in store, and they say we will just be given store credit for what we paid for it. My husband bought the TV on-sale and it lasted only 4 months. Samsung canceled the repair without letting us know. They took away the upgrade offer without saying why. They claim that only a refurbished unit is available to do an exchange at our house. This has been going on for two months. I am sorry, but if I treated customers that poorly in my job, I'd be fired. So far, Samsung is saying they would not help cover the cost difference, if the only option is store credit. The TV is under warranty. It worked for four months. I thought Samsung was better than this.

Original review: April 29, 2018

Will survive Toshiba but now we’re buying Samsung we find the remote more friendly. The TV easy to set up with the cable and surround-sound receiver box. Color is clear. Picture is awesome.

Original review: April 26, 2018

I have owned many brands of TVs and I always go back to Samsung for a great looking display and a quality TV. You could buy a TV for less, but you get less of a TV. Samsung TVs are very reliable and they look great. The user interface is very simple, yet you can fine tune just about everything you can imagine. Spend a little more money and get a Samsung TV. They are worth it!

Original review: April 26, 2018

Samsung manufacturers outstanding TV's at a reasonable price point. My Samsung 50" UHD Smart TV produces an amazing picture using Sat signal or streaming Wi-Fi. Any future purchases of flat panel TVs will start with the Samsung brand.

Original review: April 26, 2018

I always heard and thought that Samsung was one of the top brands in a newer TV; however, based on my experience I have changed my views on Samsung. My son has a smaller sized Samsung TV in his bedroom and it didn't come without its own set of problems. I also have a Samsung phone which, if I had the money or even knew how to use them, I'd switch in a heartbeat to, perhaps, an iPhone. I hear they are fabulous and my Samsung phone is far from fabulous. It has tons of problems and I wouldn't recommend Samsung to anyone, including any/every product they put their name on. Being very poor, I HAVE to shop for sales and bargains, but, it never fails: the saying, "You get what you pay for" is so very true. Either I'm the unluckiest woman in the universe or God is trying to teach me some sort of lesson.

Original review: April 25, 2018

Great picture quality and sound. Connecting to wifi and other devices was extremely easy. The instructions are easy to follow and you don't have to be tech savvy to complete the start-up process. The picture quality on a 4K is way better than the standard high definition. I feel like I can reach out and touch what's on my screen. Samsung TV is exactly what I wanted.

Original review: April 24, 2018

We have a 55 and 65 inch curved hi-definition tv’s. We like the color saturation, fine definition picture, sound, and the smart tv function. The curved screen makes many shows appear 3D.

Original review: April 24, 2018

I have a Samsung KSUHD. The experience is so great and enjoyable. It has excellent colors which given you real life colors that are so sharp and clear. I use my Samsung to play my exercise DVDs. I'm a Shaun T fan and when I put in a DVD I am right on stage with Shaun T and I can hear his every instructions. Also, my Samsung makes it easy to switch between inputs and connect all my devices and control all of them easily. It has a smart remote which can automatically detect which device is connected in each port, which had made it easy for me to switch from Blu Ray player to my gaming console. Also, I have smart Hub built into my Samsung that allows me to centralize all my apps gaming platforms and cable channels in minutes. I can stream anything I want from my tablet, PC or Mobile device even iOS straight to my Samsung TV. I am very please with My Samsung. It comes with a good price also.

Original review: April 24, 2018

After 7 years my 3 flat screens have stood the test of time and have proved to be a good investment. From the days before Netflix and chill to now only streaming (no cable) these TVs were ahead of their time and are not going to be replaced any time soon.

Original review: April 23, 2018

I have been a loyal Samsung TV customer for several years now (over 16 years). About 16 years ago when I was debating replacing my main TV in the family room I was going to get a Sony until I did my research and realized the technology, quality and value surpassed every other brand I researched. I have been a Samsung customer ever since then. Now it seems that everyone else gets it too. Samsung stays far ahead of its closest competitors in technology, quality and innovative features. Although, LG is becoming pretty impressive to me lately too (they are my second brand of choice). The available apps and hub on my Samsung TVs are the most comprehensive and user friendly and have been for years and the rest of the world is finally catching up.

Original review: April 23, 2018

I was expecting much more out of this Samsung TV as it is in the kitchen, is on constantly and is more or less our main TV. I must say that I was really disappointed after the hype I had heard from others. The color is not too great and neither is the picture.

Original review: April 22, 2018

I love my smart curved TV. I actually bought my son one. My husband bought mine for Christmas 2014 and it was quite expensive then. Now the same model updated version of the model actually, is half the price. My son and daughter in law love theirs too and say it's like being in the theatre. The newer model has all shades of black and no back light. My model's remote was a bit too sensitive but the one that came with my son's model is perfect. We both have the 55 inch curved TV.

Original review: April 22, 2018

Next TV will not be a Samsung. Decision based on the reliability of this TV and a Samsung refrigerator that died after a few years. Both failed soon after the warranty expired.

Original review: April 22, 2018

We were skeptical about a curved television but this is beyond what we thought. So often the shows look like they are real life because of the picture quality. The picture is so clear that it's amazing and almost live feel.

Original review: April 21, 2018

I have a 50" screen and it is large enough for a large family room. A very good picture for 9 years and now a small vertical line down the left side but it does not distort the picture. Overall it has been one of the best TV's I have ever had.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Upon researching the product and retail locations, I felt a sense of justification for spending the entirety of my paycheck. Samsung provided me the essentials for at-home entertainment with easy to use features and connectivity to other devices.

Original review: April 19, 2018

We had had our Samsung TV for 10 years and it is still doing well for us. We will buy another Samsung when the time comes to replace it.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I had a TCL Roku and it was a plastic piece of junk that lasted 3 months. It was 55 inches of garbage and I felt cheated. I just broke down and bought a Samsung. I had it for 6 months now and it's the best quality Smart TV on the market. I'm glad I made the switch. Quality over price.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I used to feel years ago that SONY made the best TVs. Quietly, at first, about 25 years ago Samsung really started pushing the TV technology envelope. Samsung eventually developed superior TVs at a lower price point. They work great, are high quality, reliable, have all the best features, and look great!

Original review: April 17, 2018

The Frame from Samsung looks more like a picture than a TV, most visitors don't even know there is a TV in the room which is awesome. The handling and design is sleek and the picture quality is great.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I own 2 Samsungs and never had a problem with either one. I recently moved and have antenna instead of cable or satellite. The best part on my TVs is the remote. The remote has the same features I used on the other company's remotes. Channel list, auto tune, previous channel and mute.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I was looking at an advertisement flyer from a box store that had been included in the Sunday newspaper. Several televisions were not priced but you could get it by looking online. By ordering online for free delivery to the local store, we saved about $400. It was easy to set up and connect to DirecTV Mary. The picture is so clear and the colors sharp. Going from a 37” to a 60” is a really a big difference visually. If we had purchased a larger screen, it would have overwhelmed the size of the room. My daughter & son-in-law were so impressed that they ordered one just like ours.

Samsung Computers and Monitors expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1938, Samsung is a market leader offering LED LCD TVs at virtually every price point and size. Samsung TVs are available at national and regional retailers and online.

• Curved TV: Make any seat the best seat in the house. Samsung combines a curved screen with its Auto Depth Enhancer, an innovative design that creates a greater sense of contrast and depth.

• 4K UHD Upscaling: Even if you're watching non-4K content, Samsung's upscaling technology automatically improves the picture quality and enhances details.

• One connect box: Samsung allows you to streamline your audio and video connections by de-cluttering the connections that go from your components to your TV.

• UHD Video Pack: It comes pre-loaded with 4K UHD movies, documentaries and more to get your collection off to a great start.

• True colors: With wide color enhancer technology, brights are brighter, blacks blacker and whites are whiter, so you see pictures the way the director wanted you to see them.

• Best for: Home-theater enthusiasts and movie and TV connoisseurs.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs