Samsung TV

Samsung TV
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.50/5

Samsung TV Reviews

Original review: Sept. 1, 2019

I own 3 TV's. All are Samsung and basically the same size. 40 inch. I bought my mother another brand and it did not work well at all. Went and got her a Samsung. She also had 3 Samsung TVs. Two 19 inch and a 32 inch. These have all been great TV's. Great picture, good sound from the TV and easy to set up and use. I did have trouble with one when I first brought it home from the store. Unfortunately I bought it from a military exchange store and they didn't offer an exchange, contacted Samsung and Samsung sent out a technician and he discovered the problem, fixed it and have had no problems since then. Only brand I will own.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

I bought my Samsung 4K E 600 series 60 inch smart tv 3 years ago. It has worked flawlessly and the picture clarity and color after adjustment are better than the Sharp smart tv It replaced. The set up was relatively easy, but required reading and following the set instructions for the many functions beyond setting basic functions like the language, picture, audio and display. Many of the functions are not intuitive as they are layered where in addition to port setting, you need to set up the source connection on the set screen. Among the difficulties were the WiFi set up, and source setups for connecting and using my numerous auxiliary devices as I have “cut the cable” and use a Roku, a DVR, Two DVD players for PAL and NTSC dvds, a combo vhs/dvd player recorder and a 2 gb media Storage device.

A major problem from the beginning was opening the remote to insert batteries and to learn its few buttons (6) including the power button and the substitute two thin bars and circle for the many buttons of most remotes. None of the buttons are well marked for function. What does a button marked “extra” indicate as a function or one marked 1,2,3? The remote was designed for a sleek look and is visually attractive, but it is the worst designed remote for function that I have ever had for any tv including the complicated universal remote that I have bought as a consequence. The Samsung remote is a sleek thin wand, comfortable to hold in the hand, but the designed circle, not buttons that control movement for stations, and to different sources for viewing do not function well, nor do the thin bars that control, volume, and menu.

It was from the beginning nearly impossible to open. The case is so tightly closed that pressing the small arrow on the back to open the case down with a thumb or any finger while holding it in the palm of the other hand does not work as the arrow itself barely moves when pressed. I have had to take it to the store for them to open it and the technician had to pry it open with a tool. Another drawback for people who have older equipment is that there is only one input for Devices that connect with RCA cables and not HDMI, of which there are four inputs. There is however a convenient input for my usb devices. Overall, I would recommend the Samsung and the technical support I received for help on one or two occasions was good except for the problem of opening the remote. By phone, it did not work.

Get buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

Samsung TV’s are the gold standard in TV’s if you ask me. I have 5 Samsung TV’s in my house, all HDTV’s, and 1 4K TV, the displays are brilliant, especially if you get some quality HDMI cables like Zeskit Cinema Plus cables, and the TV’s have great features included. I especially like the 4K TV model Nu7100, the picture is spectacular, coupled with the fact that you can use a high quality fiber optic cable for a sound at, or a 7.2 Dolby digital receiver and you are all set. It is worth noting that it definitely depends on how your programming is being displayed, when it’s displayed in full 1080p 120 hertz, you can capture the brilliance of the TV.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

Deciding not to move my existing TV from NM to the West Coast, one of the first things I had to do was purchase a new one. This was over 8 years ago and my Samsung looks and performs as if I just took it out of the carton!! It is an HD Smart flatscreen, 32" LED. It required only minimal assembly (put the stand on) and was extremely easy to hook up, and as a single female - that was a blessing! The color is still true...I have not had a single "hiccup" with it (defined as "problem"). I've considered retiring it and buying one a bit larger and interactive....but have decided not to until this one belches fire and smoke!

Original review: July 3, 2019

I have a 13 year-old 40 inch Samsung LCD tv that, despite having to make several repairs to, has, overall, been a really good set. The picture quality, still today, rivals new LCDs. The color quality is spot on and it still has a rich, deep picture that is just as good as the day it was purchased. What really sets it apart for me is that, without any previous electronic experience, I was able to repair 2 problems that arose over the years as parts wore out. Based on my experience with this brand, I highly recommend Samsung LCDs to anyone on the fence thinking about buying one.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: May 26, 2020

I purchased a $2000, 75" Samsung series 8 smart TV from Costco. Exactly 2 years to the day, the picture went black. Had sound but no picture. Costco has only a 100 day return policy. I spent about an hour on the phone with a Samsung "technician". He tried to find a service repair facility in my area and failed. I live in a very rural area. He said someone would call me within 48 hours to help me find repair help.

I did receive a call from a woman in FL. (I am in CA). She told me that a repair person would probably charge me $200 to come out and check out the TV, and the "parts" might cost $1500! She said, "why don't you just go to Walmart where you can buy a 75" TV for about $600." This is a Samsung representative telling me this! Now I'm stuck with a $2000 piece of junk that I don't even know how to dispose of. It is unacceptable that a TV at this price only lasted for 2 years and there is nothing I can do about it. Unfortunately due to my experience I am reluctant to buy Samsung products in the future.

Original review: May 26, 2020

Had the TV for 3 1/2 years but this quality issue was probably there earlier on. I spent $2200 at Best Buy for this faulty TV that developed excessive bleeding and white spots on the sides. Apparently, it is a known defect, my model UN65JS8500. Google it and "overheating" and you'll see what I mean. I contacted Samsung and they remote logged into my tv and saw the issue in the menu diagnostic. Offered to find a nearby service/repair center to look at it. Once I said that I wasn't going to pay to get it repaired and it was Samsung's financial responsibility due to bad quality - I never got a call back.

Followed up after a couple of days and they told me they couldn't find a service depot near me (yeah right!), and that I needed to find one on my own. Found out that the set could not be repaired without substantial cost and I believe they knew that. Samsung you definitely lost a customer for purchasing any new TVs, and after your poor track record with your appliances, etc. I'm not going to be purchasing anything from you in the near future. And I won't be recommending you to anyone else either. Buh-bye!

Original review: May 24, 2020

I don't know what happened to Samsung. I've been buying their products for years. I decided to get me a new TV and I've had nothing but problems, returned 2 TV's and I'm about to return a 3rd. This TV the sound Cuts in and out. Haven't been able to get any help with this. What happened to Samsung.

Original review: May 21, 2020

You should know, BEFORE you purchase one of these products, that in order for them to be serviced under their warranties, that Samsung requires them to be on the ground, or they will not even come out to service them. I think this is something that should be in bold print on the displays that are use to sell these products. Meaning most older people, slightly built people shouldn't, and probably, wouldn't purchase one of these products. I am stuck with an 82" OLED TV, that is a piece of junk, and a front loading washer and dryer that probably weigh more than a 150 lbs each, that can't be properly serviced.

Original review: May 16, 2020

I had two tvs with an issue with the screen. One of them, they blamed on Fedex and the other one I kept they claimed that I didn't send in the proof on time. Then when I called again, they told me even knowing the dates that it was purchased to send all the info in again, just to tell me that it's out of warranty. Why even have me go through all of my orders to find this TV receipt/bill of sale if they were going to honor it? Waste of time and I don't even use Samsung products anymore because of this. Now, all of my phones are Apple and any other device will be from another company.

Samsung Computers and Monitors author review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1938, Samsung is a market leader offering LED LCD TVs at virtually every price point and size. Samsung TVs are available at national and regional retailers and online.

• Curved TV: Make any seat the best seat in the house. Samsung combines a curved screen with its Auto Depth Enhancer, an innovative design that creates a greater sense of contrast and depth.

• 4K UHD Upscaling: Even if you're watching non-4K content, Samsung's upscaling technology automatically improves the picture quality and enhances details.

• One connect box: Samsung allows you to streamline your audio and video connections by de-cluttering the connections that go from your components to your TV.

• UHD Video Pack: It comes pre-loaded with 4K UHD movies, documentaries and more to get your collection off to a great start.

• True colors: With wide color enhancer technology, brights are brighter, blacks blacker and whites are whiter, so you see pictures the way the director wanted you to see them.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team