2.23/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

3822 Samsung TV Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Great TV, backlighting is great, one remote is great. Can control with my smartphone or voice. Picture is outrageous, speed is incredible. Best Smart TV I ever owned. Purchased on eBay before Christmas and got a great deal! Beat store prices by a lot!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

My new Samsung has a firmware bug that causes the Wifi MAC address to default to all zeros. I googled the issue to find that it was reported in 2015 and has been a problem on several Samsung TV models. To fix it I have to unplug the TV for 30 seconds. So far I’ve had to unplug it seven times in the last 24 hours. I called Tech support. They verified I was running the latest Firmware release; but said they hadn't heard of this problem on this specific TV. So in short, Samsung has had a bug in their Firmware for 3 years that they seem incapable of fixing. They have no problem ripping off customers though...

Get expert buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

The TV had problems from the start. Samsung support treated me as if I had no experience with technology. Very bad...bright pixels that cannot be reset so you have multiple pixels with a bright blue color. A strange grey vertical line from top to bottom. Every time you do diagnostics, you have to reset the TV and download your apps and register each once again INCLUDING your required Samsung registration. It is really bad folks. Please think twice about price performance because when you get it home, the price no longer matters if it does not perform. My TV is garbage - tired of constant resets and Samsung not wanting to fix the pixel and grey line problem. RUN FROM SAMSUNG, Caveat emptor!!!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

Good Evening, I am writing to you to express my concern as well as let you know that my confidence in your products and services have diminished extensive. I called your customer support department about a month ago to let them know that my 50" TV (UN50J5000AFXZA) (Version #JD03) (S/N 04MX3CBH901310P) had developed a Black Screen. I had purchased this TV through HSN or QVC a bit over 2 years ago. I would have hope for this investment to have lasted more than 2 Years. Upon testing, it appeared as though it had a failed backlight. Needless to say, your Representative was a far cry from helpful. "No physical receipt? No Help!" Was basically the reply I had received.

Given the amount of money spent on this product in just a short time ago, I took it to have repaired. This is what really makes me ANGRY! Your product had in fact developed Not only a burnt out backlight strip but some major charring and a heavy portion of the white back screen totally melted away. NOT GOOD!! This could've been disastrous to my family, my home, and our well being. I have included pictures of your products dangerous performance outcome for you to view. I have owned several Samsung Products in the past including 2 Samsung Galaxy S4 Active Cell phones that I immediately replaced upon public concern of exploding batteries. Still having some faith in your company I decided upon spending my hard earned money on yet another product of yours as mentioned above. Only to be in my current predicament.

Once again, I will ask you as a Paying Unsatisfied Customer, how can you help me rectify this Dangerously Hazardous Product in which you had originally stated, "No Receipt? No Help!" I believe in giving anybody the chance to make good on errors made. I also believe that positive reviews as well as negative reviews are beneficial in how an individual decides to spend their money and with which company they choose to spend it with. I do so look forward to your reply concerning this matter at your earliest convenience. Thank you

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Bought TV online since our local Best Buy didn't have any curved screen TV's. Waited 8 days before it was delivered. $20 fee. Didn't have help setting it up so it sat all day Monday and 8 pm Monday night my husband and I got it all hooked up. Wow what a picture! We only had a Samsung 45 in. flat screen up to this point. Heard great reviews of curved TV and it was all true. Tuesday morning though after being on 3 hours it all changed. I noticed the left side of screen would go black. Well I thought I was seeing things. But 7 pm when it was turned on again for 1/2 hour over 1/2 The TV was flickering black.

Best Buy just said that Samsung wasn't making this TV anymore and we had to go to something else! What!! Never had any trouble out of our other Samsung and this NEW TV wasn't being made anymore because of issues?!! Disappointed, saved for a curved and have to pay a lot more for a bigger one or go back to flat screen. Best Buy wasn't willing to help out much either. Disappointed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

My Samsung 65 inch UHD TV (Australian 2014 model UA65HU8500, same as HU7500 in EU and HU8550 in the US) developed a major problem (clicking red light, no picture) after 2 days and was exchanged under warranty for a new replacement TV (same model). But this replacement TV developed the same problem after 6 months. The power board (or main board, not sure which) in this 2nd TV was replaced under warranty but failed again after 3 months. So I asked for - and received - a full refund from the store and bought a Panasonic UHD TV which, almost 3 years later, works flawlessly.

I will never ever buy another Samsung product and have discarded all Samsung devices due to concerns about quality defects and fire risks (e.g., their washing machines caused house fires a few years ago - see www.consumeraffairs.com/news/samsung-washers-blamed-in-series-of-fires-091416.html - and they also had phone battery problems). You can read many similar horror stories at **. I can't understand why anyone would want to buy a Samsung product. I will never ever buy another Samsung product. Nothing. Ever.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I read lot of negative reviews, go worried as I had issue with my 75 inch Samsung TV after 11 months. It stop working and I only had 15 days left for warranty. Bought my TV from Best Buy. Called them. They forward me to Samsung warranty. It took 3 HR on phone which made me more nervous. Everything went very smooth after that, next day Samsung technician called me to check issue. They ordered parts which took 2 days. 3rd day Technician called me to book appointment. Next day he was right on time. After few diagnostics he figured out screen need to be changed. He had everything with him, 30 minutes and my TV working. No charge. Very clean JOB. No mess. Thanks Samsung.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I purchased a brand new Samsung QLED QE65Q7FNAT Smart TV from Currys / PC World. The TV worked fine for three weeks then suddenly switched off whilst being watched. I tried all problem solving from the Samsung website, then emailed them, then telephoned Samsung. After about an hour of taking photos of the TV, sending receipts as proof of purchase & going through all the problem solving checklist, again they are have now agreed to send an engineer to my house. The TV has power with the red light under the TV but it will not turn on. No doubt have to take the day off work. Not happy. Last time I buy Samsung. Avoid at all cost.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

Never ever buy any Samsung product. I happened to purchase Samsung TV K5570 in the year 2017. Just after the warranty period was over, there's a display problem in TV with a horizontal line on top. There was no damage done and it was purely manufacturing defect. When contacted customer service they made me realise that it is an electronic product as if I never used any earlier. However, I asked them to send a service engineer home to investigate on the issue, he came and took out his mobile phone just to take the screenshots of the TV and my purchase bill. No other investigations were done and he said the display panel has to be replaced and as my TV do not cover in the warranty period he say the charges for this would cost around 14000 including GST. I'm truly disappointed after hearing his advice as this would cost almost half the amount I purchased this TV.

I had to simply ask him to leave as there was no trust in the product itself which is giving very small life. The customer service and the service engineer are not at all good. They only look to loot the customer who come for service after the warranty period is over. First, one of customer service agent gave me the details of the charges that they would charge when an engineer would come to rectify the issue which is 600 rs/- and later charges would be depending on the part that they decide to repair without repairing by simply replacing the whole product itself. Further to add, the service engineer who was suppose to come at 12 pm has never came on time. I had to give two to three follow up calls. Only then he came by 5 pm, and what I could observe from his skills he could not even fit the screws of the stand and what could I expect from to replace the complete display panel.

This is the worst ever experience I have had. Again, there's separate issue going on with my Samsung A5 mobile which is troubling a lot by getting switched off whenever a SD card is inserted. I'm going to write this mail to the superior of Samsung as soon as possible and also spread this message across social media and where else the product is being sold, requesting others to do this on my behalf only then these people will feel my pain. Also, this is not even worth giving a one star rating and just as a marker for writing here I had to give.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

Bought TV new in February. By Yesterday, or 11 months into its life, the tv fails. We box it up, grab the receipt and take it back to BestBuy. "Oh, we do not honor Samsung warranties." Load it up again and take it back home. Call Samsung warranty hotline - "oh, take your tv to this local contract repair center 60 minutes away and they'll repair it." Load tv up for the 3rd time and take it on a 60 minute excursion to nowhere. And back again. THE REPAIR CENTER WAS NOT THERE. Some googling revealed it left town years ago. No repair center and Samsung should have known but hey, what do we care. Well I care. I am never buying a Samsung product of any kind again. That's how much I care. Disposable junk is what their stuff is.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

Purchased TV December of 2017, within days it would not turn on. They came and fixed it, a couple days later it did the same thing again. It took them a couple weeks to fix it this time, replacing literally every board inside the panel several times in hopes of making it "work" again, eventually it did. Now on roughly the one year anniversary of the purchase, it's dead again! I've told them I want a new TV, they insist on repairing. Techs are to come today, last time these guys were ready to give up on it and say it had to be replaced, hoping FINALLY this tech crew will come to that conclusion.

Also, this TV has an "invisible" connection where there is a box that all your peripheral devices connect to it (cable, Blu-Ray, etc), then this box connects to the TV with a very, very small fiber optic cable. This is too delicate to "hide" through the wall like I did with HDMI cables and power cables in the past, you have to essentially let this thing run exposed to the TV. Now truth be told it's small enough to barely be noticeable BUT it's so delicate it's almost impossible to not damage it and the techs figured it was the source of the issue with the TV, getting damaged just enough to cause the faults/defects in the circuit boards. Bottomline, this unit is DESIGNED to fail as any handling of the fiber optic cable is likely to damage it and then you are screwed... Complete FAIL on Samsung's engineering department here.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I brought a 40 inch Samsung tv, had it for about 6yrs flat screen. Called technical support and the lady who was very pleasant on the phone, told me my tv needed service and the closest company to me was in Jersey. I live in Albany NY, she also said (wait for this one people) I had to send my tv to them! Right you read right, I had to send my tv to them. I will never ever buy another Samsung product again. We have to do better in America and start making our own product that is worth something, instead of junk. I'm so done behind this!!!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I purchased Model # UN55MU9000FXZA, about two years ago to upgrade to a 55 inch. I contemplated long and hard about a 65 inch but my apartment is not that big. This 55 inch has a remarkable screen - gorgeous clarity and no issues with any pixels. I added a Samsung soundbar with separate bass unit to replace my 18 y/o Bose system (R.I.P.). Great sound now. My third Samsung TV and it will not be my last.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

My son bought it for me, it's been a wonderful tv. It's 40" and works well in my small apartment. And it was on sale I was told. Good price. No problems. Crisp, clean, colors and picture. I would definitely purchase Samsung again.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

Having a large screen with an extended warranty that conked out after about 13 months and no satisfaction from a company like Samsung, it has turned me off to every product they make. When I called for service, they offered to send a tech out at my expense. Forget the extended warranty. After speaking to some people who advised me to go on internet and check out the issue. A number of similar sets over a number of years, had same problems with the motherboard of the sets. I packed up the set (in new condition) with all the books etc and donated it to Goodwill, who uses electronics for training all types of individuals to prepare them for future jobs. The replacement was a Vizio in superb condition and performance. Just remember to enable the privacy issue upon set up as all of the smart TV's are trying to outsmart the buyers.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

Similar to the other stories here. Decided to splurge on a large Samsung TV that was $5k new from Crutchfield. After having the TV mounted on a wall with normal usage the screen developed lines on the left side that ruin the picture. Spoke with Crutchfield, the retailer. They did nothing and then tried to say I should have bought an extended warranty, even though if I did they would find a way not to honor it.

SAMSUNG support was the larger waste of time. They charged me to even have a technician come out and look at the TV. The technician told me it'll be $1k to replace the full screen and SAMSUNG usually covers it. Called Samsung after the technician submitted the report with pictures. As you can guess by now, Samsung gave me the runaround, asked me to email their corporate office. I did and have heard nothing in months. At this point I have no clue what to do. Even if I spent the $1k to fix the TV, it most likely will break again and that good money after bad. Trying to work with Samsung is just good way to waste your weekends.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

I purchased my TV to replace the one I had. It has a much better sound quality and color than the one I replaced it for. It is the same size screen but it seems much larger. The old TV was still working but I was not happy with it. This TV has proved to be much better.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I think Samsung TV is one of the best, you may have to play around for sale but it is worth it. They have great customer service also. The screens look like the movie is being made in front of you. 4k is great also. Graphics are awesome.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

They have the speaker in the back and it needs to be moved to the front somehow. In this day and age there is a way to do that. I have had my TV for over 4 years and the sound appears to be fading. The TV picture and ease of use is too good to get a new one.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I got a huge 82" Samsung TV with excellent graphics. Just a beautiful movie type picture. Once a good graphic computer is attached, the graphics become 4800 X 2400 resolution. Just a great way to get movies via internet.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I have a Samsung Smart TV. I absolutely love it! Haven't had an issue with it and I've had it a couple of years. It's got a great picture plus I can watch YouTube, Netflix or Amazon Prime. All of my favorites are easy to get. It's easy to use and you don't have to be a technician to figure out the remote.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I really like this television. It has a nice look to it. It's not too heavy and bulky. You get a great picture on every channel you watch. The color and the sound is great. I trust the Samsung name to be a high quality product.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

We purchased a 65 inch TV a year ago, and one week after the first anniversary it went blank with horizontal lines on the screen. It's wall mounted and hadn't been taken off in the time we've had it. We sent a screenshot to Samsung, and they told us it had sustained physical force damage, which it definitely had not. Said they wouldn't do anything. I have a couple of friends and a cousin who have had troubles with Samsung TVs not long after purchase. I would definitely not recommend their TVs.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I do have Smart TV, but not a fan of it being smart or being spy on, I do have mine disable. Have one that I can watch Netflix or Amazon on. Most time, I will turn on the Blu-ray and run it through the player. Yes, that is the way it is going with these providers to watch.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I purchased a TV of 1000€. Within 4 years broken and the support did nothing. Yet I put my trust in Samsung and bought a 4K TV of 1300€ and within 2 years and 2 months broken. You wouldn't guess but my warranty ended 2 months ago so Samsung did again nothing. Do NOT buy a Samsung TV. They are really bad quality.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

If I could do a minus 5 stars I would. I bought a Samsung TV approximately 2 yrs ago. On 11/11/18 I noticed there was an orange glow on bottom left corner so I took a closer look. I felt it and it was warm to touch. This TV nearly caught on fire and posed a fire hazard to my house and family. I contacted Samsung and was told they would make good on this by issuing a refund check of $521.92 so I could buy another TV. All I had to do was take a pic of the damage and remove the serial # sticker and file a claim and the check would be in the mail within the week.

Nothing happened so I called Samsung again. They changed their story. I was told now the KW International trucking “out of Buffalo” would be in touch with me to pick up the tv within 14 days. Once they pick up the tv they will contact Samsung with the bills of lading information. First of all, KW International is not out of Buffalo NY. Second of all, 14 days have passed and quickly approaching 21 days for this “trucking company” to call. I’ve gone without a tv for nearly 1 month and had none for Thanksgiving. Now it looks like I won’t have a tv for Christmas. Please spread the word about this situation. There was never a recall on this tv and I’ve heard there have been other people experiencing this same problem.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Do not buy a Samsung. They are disposable TVs. Mine went blank/black screen after three years. Too expensive to fix and all you get from support is (we are sorry). Went with LG and so far it is great. Took Samsung TV straight to the dump!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I recently purchased a Samsung UN55MU9000 series TV to replace my old Panasonic Plasma. Got a great deal and was very excited to install it. Yes! Installed and hating every minute of viewing it. The picture is horrible compared to my Plasma. When watching sports the color lags behind and blurs. Now to make matters even better, The Smart hub does not work. I use ROKU and it won't stay connected to the internet. So I took a ROKU unit from another TV (again another Panasonic Plasma) and it works just fine. I was ready to purchase a new 65" to replace that other plasma this Black Friday but I just can't due to the issues with this one. I guess I will look at the Vizio PQ65-F1 with the quantum dot. Really upset with the future and quality of these expensive TVs.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

Purchased TV at Costco on 03/08/2018, on approximately 10/15/2018 the screen went black. I contacted Costco Concierge Service. They put me in contact with Samsung warranty services. Samsung told me I would be contacted by a repairman within 3 business days. The next day I was contacted by Tech 2U repair service, we set up an appointment for the following day. Later in the day they called me back and told me that by the description of the issue the technician knew what was wrong with my TV but that the necessary parts were on back order.

They called me the following Monday to schedule repair for the next day. The repairman showed up and replaced defective parts only to find the new part was defective as well. He checked with Samsung and was notified that the part was now on back order for at least another week. At this point I asked for a replacement and was denied. The next day I contacted Costco Concierge Service again. They contacted Samsung on my behalf, they too were denied replacement.

Several days later I was contacted by Samsung and told that my TV would be replaced and that I would be contacted by the shipping company within 3 business days. A few days later I received an e-mail from the Samsung that my replacement was in process and I was given tracking information. Two days later I tracked my replacement and it said that it was received by shipper. Today, 4 days later I checked tracking and it says that my replacement has been cancelled. Due to the fact that today is Saturday and Samsung has no customer service available on the weekends I will have to wait till Monday to find out what is going on. I find this totally unacceptable that such a large company do business in this manner. I have been without a television for over a month and have spent hours of my time on the phone and waiting for a repairman. THIS WILL ABSOLUTELY BE THE LAST SAMSUNG PRODUCT I WILL EVER PURCHASE!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

The new Samsung TV simply does not function with any internet connection. It sits for hours saying “Hub is being updated.” Even tried the Samsung-recommended airplay app to try to view content from iPad. It simply does not work. I updated the TV software and still got messages that I needed to update my software. This thing is a box on the wall that does nothing.

Samsung Computers and Monitors expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1938, Samsung is a market leader offering LED LCD TVs at virtually every price point and size. Samsung TVs are available at national and regional retailers and online.

• Curved TV: Make any seat the best seat in the house. Samsung combines a curved screen with its Auto Depth Enhancer, an innovative design that creates a greater sense of contrast and depth.

• 4K UHD Upscaling: Even if you're watching non-4K content, Samsung's upscaling technology automatically improves the picture quality and enhances details.

• One connect box: Samsung allows you to streamline your audio and video connections by de-cluttering the connections that go from your components to your TV.

• UHD Video Pack: It comes pre-loaded with 4K UHD movies, documentaries and more to get your collection off to a great start.

• True colors: With wide color enhancer technology, brights are brighter, blacks blacker and whites are whiter, so you see pictures the way the director wanted you to see them.

• Best for: Home-theater enthusiasts and movie and TV connoisseurs.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs