Samsung TV

Compare TV Brands

Research top TV Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

MY COMPLAINT: Samsung (The Answer Technician) wants a $33 payment to POSSIBLY answer a question regarding my 31 1/2", Samsung/SMART TV (Series 5) bad performance. The TV cuts out often, since I purchased it, 13 months ago - sometimes it completely goes to black screen; must be turned off and begin again. From the reviews I have seen/read that Samsung techs are not answering some complaints, whatsoever. Sorry, I did not open or see Samsung's Pearl's online RESPONSE TO MY QUESTION, thru ANSWER TECH... therefore, I will NOT pay for The "Answer Tech."

DO NOT BILL ME (you have Visa information). I did NOT choose to read it. I deleted it WITHOUT OPENING PAGE. (It would be ridiculous to pay in advance, in any amount for an incomplete answer or if the answer is NOT to my satisfaction). I am very disappointed in the way Samsung is handling their customers' complaints and I must say this has been a bad experience with them. Please, Respond, ASAP. I surmise my complaint will not make it to Samsung's "Reviews."

We purchased this Samsung 50 inch TV (Model UN50J6200AF) from Best Buy in California Maryland on 01/17/2016. We had the set in our main living room up on a wall mount. We haven't used the set more than 20 hours total. On July 2nd as we waited for company to show up, my husband noticed a growing "spot" in the left lower corner. He immediately got up to investigate and the spot was hot to touch. He unplugged the TV. Best Buy was no help. We have been dealing with Samsung in SC for the last 3 weeks. They have done nothing but lied to us about covering the repairs, approving the claim, sending parts overnight, now it's a new repair place... A new ticket order... We finally just went out and purchased a new TV from LG. We will never shop at Best Buy again, nor waste our hard earned money on another Samsung product.

In February I purchased a Samsung 4k TV (55 in ks8000 series) from Samsung.com. I bought it based on hours of research and the fact that it met just about every requirement I needed (Quantum dot display, input lag, & rich vivid colors). For added peace of mind I also bought the 3 yr warranty for 179.99. Well a couple of months later I noticed 3 areas with dead pixels as well as color separation that occurred at random times. I called Samsung's customer service line and was instructed to do several tests to determine if the issue warranted a repairman coming out. I was told it did and that they would authorize someone to come do the repairs. A couple of days later I heard from the authorized repairman who requested some photos of the issues. Which I sent.

Exactly one week after being told I was getting the repair done, I get an e-mail from Samsung saying they had canceled the repair job. This was done without provided information on why. I called back and after I discussing the issue all over again they put in the request for repair again. Two days later I get an e-mail from Samsung stating it was again canceled. I called again just to be told that now they can't find anyone in my area. I'm told that they need to look into my issues and that I will be contacted later with a solution.

At this point I'm skeptical given that I've noticed inaccuracies in what each customer service rep had told me. So I choice to switch to Twitter and voice my concerns. A different team of customer service representatives took over and I was told that a department at Samsung was still looking into finding someone to repair my TV but that if they failed to find someone that I would receive a replacement. A few days later I received another e-mail saying that an exchange request had been submitted and approved. It also said to contact the exchange department to get thing rolling. When I called they tried to offer me a refurbished curved model, which I said no to. I stated that the reps from Samsung's Twitter page told me it would be a new model since mine was not very old at all. I also explained that had I wanted a curved TV I would have bought one and that the ks8000 model was what I wanted. Due to all the research I did on my TV.

After several placements on hold while he looked for one in the warehouse he came back and said he found a new model for me. He said that I'd be hearing from a shipping company in about 2 weeks. 2 weeks later I get an e-mail saying that the exchange had been allocated. No delivery date given so I messaged the customer service reps again through Twitter to ask about an ETA on delivery and to verify the model again. They couldn't give me a date but they did give me a model... It was now an MU8000 unit. Not my Ks8000. I had to go and research this new model which I did. I spent a large amount of time looking and comparing specifications.

What I found out was that it is the 2017 model, mine was the 2016 model. By all means not bad. My TV (ks8000) has quantum dot. The replacement does not (Mu8000). This is a huge issue for me. The cost of the TV also stood out. The Ks8000 was 1799.99 while the Mu8000 is only 1499.99. Basically my TV was a flagship model while the Mu8000 is closer to an upper mid-range TV.

After a handful of messages back and forth with Samsung, I was told that I needed to contact the exchange department again as they are now the only ones who can do anything for me. I did and was passed to a manager who insisted that the Mu8000 is a comparable model. Which to a degree it is but mostly fails compared to the Ks8000. It fails in brightness, it lacks Quantum dot which is a main and very important feature. There are dozens of reputable sites that go into further details on the Mu8000 and Ks8000 that can substantiate my claim.

After explaining my findings to the manager and also informing her that the original warehouse rep never specified that it was a Mu8000 model she told me that she would try to stop the delivery but that refusing the replacement meant that they would not offer another television. I was told then that a refund might be an option but that they might try and have it repaired again... yes that's right, after a month or so they want to restart the whole ordeal over again. At this point she said I'd be contacted after more research.

A little more than a week later I get a call from a shipping company, the Mu8000 unit is ready to be delivered... it's here in my town. I explained the situation and they said they would return it. Now I'm a little angry again and confused so I call Samsung since at this point the customer service managers from Samsung's Twitter account are no longer helping me. I'm transferred to a manager who tells me that I need to contact the exchange department again... but it's after hours. When I finally attempt I'm on hold for 1 hour and 10 minutes before the prompt starts saying transferring please hold. It keeps failing when I call again. It's now closed.

I believe they bumped my call and simply left without dealing with customers. I placed another series of calls to the service line before finally getting in touch with a more sympathetic manager who could not help me but did say they put in a request to examine my situation and get it resolved. I have yet to hear from anyone. At this point it's been well over a month and I've spoken to dozens of service reps and managers. I've been told one thing while Samsung does a completely different thing. I've never seen such poor customer service.

I purchased a Samsung Smart TV in November 2016. A few months after purchasing pixels started to go out - slowly growing into a black line down the side. Lived with it a couple of months until I found my warranty info. After speaking with many, many people who offer the exact same advice they said to send it in because it was still under warranty. Now I'm being told that the warranty is is no longer valid because the LCD is cracked. Nobody has touched it since it came out of the box other than to clean around it. If it was broken - how!?

If it was broken when I received it how was I to know that months later it would start dying? Nobody knows. They say it's not my fault but they want me to pay to get it repaired even though it is under warranty. I am a teacher - I don't have a ton of cash. I can't afford to pay again for something that is under warranty. I will no longer recommend Samsung to anyone.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Snow and blank screens appear often on this 2 1/2 year old UN55H6300. For the longest time I thought it was a Comcast problem (there were lots of Comcast problems). Now the Costco warranty is expired. A YouTube video describes the problem as bad solder joints. I think Samsung knows what is happening.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

At 3 months our Samsung 6350AF 65 inch tv started turning off and on by itself. It also kept disconnecting from the Internet. We bought our tv and extended warranty from Costco so they are who we dealt with. Because of they size, they sent a repairman to the house. He replaced the control panel. After having the tv for a year the top 5 inches looked like they were darker than the rest of the screen. No one else noticed so I didn't call Costco. A couple of months later the bottom 1/3 also became darker. We had a 5 inch strip that is normal. The repairman took or tv for a week. No problem. They kept in touch with me. They had to replace all the bulbs. Now the tv is a little over 2 years old. I'm glad I bought the extended warranty.

It is doing the dark problem again. I am now dealing with the warranty people. They had me email pictures so they could see what is going on. I waited on a return email for 2 weeks. I ended up calling them. They said they did send me an email telling me they had approved a new TV. I checked all my boxes. No email. The man stayed in the line until I received a new email. They gave me 3 tv to choose from. I was taking a while to look up the reviews. By the time I made. My decision the tv I had to choose from were gone. Then I had a totally different one on the list. I'm glad I took so long to choose. I really didn't want a Samsung again. The tv I will be getting is an LG with 4.9 stars out of 5. My brother in law bought the exact same Samsung tv from Costco the day before we did. We is now having the bulb problem but he didn't buy the warranty. Make sure to always spend extra time and money to check reviews and buy the extended warranty.

I purchased a 40 inch TV in December 2016. A month ago it started flashing all of the sudden. Mind you, I barely use this TV. Maybe 5 hours total since purchased. I called customer service who told me I needed to bring it to a nearby repair facility. Then told me this repair facility is in New York. 4 hours from me. I told her there has to be somewhere closer. She told me I would hear from someone within 48 hours with what to do next. No phone calls. Life has been busy so I just called back 3 days ago. I was told by a rep that I need to mail this TV in, he would send me a shipping label within 24 hours and I would hear from facility to confirm they will be ready to accept my TV. Nothing. No email no phone call.

Currently on the phone with human relations supposedly after speaking to a rep who put me on hold for 17 minutes and never came back, a rep who says because I refuse to drop the TV to the nearby facility (New York, 4 hrs away) that he doesn't know what he can do for me. He then transferred me to a supervisor and now customer relations and I am being told I need to mail it in because it is under 45 inches and at this point I don't trust them to not lose my TV. I have been on this call 2 minutes and counting. I'm fairly certain this service center is bouncing me to different reps saying they are of higher management and they are not because nobody can help me. I am tired of this. I will never buy another Samsung TV again.

Approximately month ago I got a Samsung Ultra HD 40 in TV. It was very nice & was very happy. One day I went to turn it on it made a small popping sound on the screen had lines up and down with bottom of screen blurred. I called Samsung & they immediately warned me if there was physical damage to it it would not be covered... This should have been a bell going off that I would not be given fair customer service as I had not even told them the problem yet! Samsung wrote a repair ticket and I would have a call by next week of a repair shop. When I called Samsung back to ask the repair be done in another city then they had set up it was not a problem and would cancel the current repair ticket & would order a new one. They gave me a name of a new place to take it & that day I drove the TV over to the repair shop. 3 days passed & the repair guy called saying that he still had not received a repair ticket.

I called Samsung back & the rep pretty much blamed me left & right for multiple things. He said that I wasn't suppose to drive the TV anywhere that the repair man was suppose to come to me. I said the why didnt the rep I talked to 3 days ago tell me that? Then he said that there needed to be more diagnostic (over the phone) test done before the repair was done. I said the rep did test with me... Reply was that they rep didnt do all of them. My come back was I did everything the Samsung asked me to do & that this is not my problem when I followed Samsung's directions. Then he tried saying that because I did take it in with out proper testing (again I did every step Samsung said to do) that they could not do a repair ticket. I said but a repair order was already written! After 45 min of back & forth he wrote a new repair ticket.

Another 2 or 3 days the repair man calls & says Samsung will not repair because of a point of impact damage was done to TV. The repair man had warned me that Samsung's customer service had went downhill the last few years & dont be surprised that they wont cover repair & if I repaired TV it would cost more that buying a new TV. So when he called to tell me this I wasnt surprised at the denial but the reason was a surprise because my TV is up on the wall high & nothing is around it.

So I called & talked to a supervisor & he of course wouldnt anything to help. I even asked to have another evaluation be done (because they only evaluate TV via pictures the repair person takes... Not off the opinion of the repair man who said there was no damage to the TV). So... here I am writing a review of a TV that only worked a month & am very disappointed in it & Samsung. I, also, found that others had same problem with TV & Samsung! It seems that Samsung has generic answers to get out of paying for repairs on there defective TVs. Hope you find this info helpful on what not to buy!

Bought Samsung 75 in TV (model: UN75F6300) from Costco. The TV goes into on/off infinite cycle with clicking sound. Past the warranty duration. I have called Samsung services quite a few times and they are useless. Since they have not heard complaints for this TV, therefore, they will not fix it.

Had a Samsung smart 55 in TV Warranty 4 years... TV went out exactly in 5 years of purchase. When installing the new Samsung smart TV 55 inch... it was realized that there is no audio output. The only thing available is to use fiber optic sound output to an audio converter. The last TV, you could plug in the 3.5 audio out to go to the wireless earphones. The sound would stay on the main screen... and the phones would work. You could turn down the main speakers and just listen to the earphones. This way... I had better hearing with earphones and the wife could just use the regular sound output. Later, I could watch a movie with the main sound down and just use the earphones so not to disturb her in next room.

Now, the choices are... use only bluetooth headphones and no in-room audio... Use only in-room audio... no earphones. Any bluetooth on... shuts off room audio. The other problem is the average engineer would make an earphone jack and plugging in the earphone would shut off the room sound. Having hard time understanding why Samsung and other TV engineers are not listening to and paying attention to the real needs of the public. Now that you have created a mess... make something that will help correct the problem.

As it is today... bluetooth is terrible for sound... Plus you are making it an add-on expense. You now give us no choice for selecting audio. In a standard living room there is actually no reason to have to purchase an extra external speaker system or even a sound bar... especially a bluetooth sound bar. USA has an aging population, and there are lot with hearing problems... This faux pas... with the output selection is not appreciated and needs to be addressed promptly and solved.

We had purchased a Samsung Series 6200 40 inch TV. We purchased it on July 20, 2015 from Best Buy. Last week the picture went black. We had sound but no picture. We are unhappy about this because it is only 23 months old. We went to the Best Buy where we bought it and inquired about what's going on. The TV is less than two years old. Needless to say, it is not them but Samsung.

They offered to have it repaired but because it was 40 inches it had to be sent out. So we went with it. It was shipped out 6/8/17. Today we get a call stating that the main assembly was bad. It would cost $429.00 to repair. So, the question is, do we pay $429.00 for repairs for a TV we paid $429.00 for. Unfortunately I'm not an idiot. We told them not to repair it. I was going to write a letter to the CEO of Samsung but apparently he is having some kind of problems. The question is, would I buy another Samsung that may last only a couple of years. What do you think?

I bought the Samsung SUHD TV, 9 Series, Quantum Dot Display, 138 cms on the 10th of May 2017, Delivered= 11th of May, Installed 13th of May. Almost within 2-3 weeks i.e 29th of May 2017 the TV Screen started displaying a purple line complaining about which on the 1st of June I was informed that it is a Panel Problem. Thereby concluding for a Replacement. After days i.e on 7th of June the TV Service Provider come and take the old one delivering a replacement. After that the Installation guys do not turn up until 4 days even after persistent reminders calling and complaining.

On the 10th of June when they do come. The hole in the TV which is used for a wall mount is CROOKED thereby unable to fix the screw saying that it is a manufacturing defect and delayed the situation again. We have been told again the TV will be replaced but not given a proper time frame nor a proper explanation.

First of all you do not expect a defunct tv within the two weeks of its installation. EVEN so the replacement, installation and a crooked TV is all the more dissatisfying. I expect a solution ASAP or a refund of the amount paid for the TV. I Do Not purchase almost a 2.5L TV to run behind the service providers for their service and efficiency. In conclusion the Product is a failure and the service received so far has been pathetic, I expect a reply at the earliest with a valid explanation and compensation for the due waste of my time and efforts.

I bought a 32 inch tv 3 years ago and just bought a 42 inch tv last week. I think the product is excellent and I love the smart tv aspect. I am more than satisfied with Samsung and I would only buy a Samsung.

Have a 2 yrs old 55 inch Led Samsung smart tv. Love it. The only things I do not like are the optional keyboard, cannot figure it out and secondly no commercial volume control. The smaller cheaper samsung smart tv 42inch has it, go figure.

It has been an average TV. Hubby needed a larger one each time we have purchased a new one... lol. It is now in the bedroom but we don't use the smart part. I guess you have to now be smarter than your tv.

I had a 65" curve TV for 6 months. On one day it quit working I took it to Best Buy. First they inspect the TV and they find a very tiny line. The screen was crack. Well they exchanged for me. Two months later is happen the same thing but this time they saying that it is a physical damage and they can't do anything for me not even the extended guaranty. So be careful. I will never buy anything from Samsung not even from Best Buy. If anyone know a way to sue let me know. Has to be a way to do something. It is a lot of bad reviews online for Samsung. Thanks.

I really like my Samsung TV and it has survived a house full of kids. It's about 6 years old and it's a good tv. It is made very well. It has had remotes hit the screen and has not broken. It's been hit by toddlers and still works.

My Samsung delivers all the requirements of a TV that I want. On receiving my Samsung HDTV as a fabulous gift, it took a little while to figure out what's what. But the on-TV, online instructions and customer support assistance was great! There are so many aspects to this TV, that even after almost a year, I'm discovering new functions and capabilities it has - It's a computer as well! The basics all deliver, i.e., sleek looks, color, picture, sound, etc. And having been introduced to DVR has me watching far more TV than I should be doing! I highly recommend the Samsung brand.

Samsung has been my electronic vendor-of-choice for a number of years. I can count on dependability as well as excellent quality of video and audio! Whether it's an iPad or television, I feel I can depend on Samsung.

The Samsung Smart TV we own exceeds our expectations. Samsung has been a welcome addition to our home theater. The quality of the picture is second to none and the sound quality is exceptional with the highs and lower tones. The Smart Apps allows for us to connect all of our components with a central hub, something that a few years ago was only a dream.

I purchased a new tv Samsung and it is the worst sounding tv I have ever had. How can you sell these tvs without normal sounds. This is ridiculous. I hear complaints all the time on these new tvs. Can't believe you can sell these and think that we have to buy extra stuff to make it sound normal. This really crap.

I bought new in box led tv at Best Buy. 20 days old it is now suggested by Samsung that my tv is ready for the landfill. Not covered under warranty because based on pictures I sent to them, damage was a result of impact to screen. I've been here the whole time and am not aware of said impact.

I will preface this review by saying that the TV (58" LED Smart TV) I am reviewing is TWO years old and therefore off warranty. That said, Samsung LED TVs are being advertised to last up to 20 years. I would have been satisfied if the TV had last 5+ years. After two years, a 5" white bar appeared across the entire TV (top to bottom). I called the "customer service" line and was instructed to take it to their authorized service centre. The service centre conducted their analysis and determined it would cost as much as buying a new TV (about $900). The service centre was amazed that something like this could happen within two years of having the TV and suggested I contact Samsung.

Samsung ignored my email request, the online chat referred me to call the customer service line as they have people with more authority to cover the cost of repair. Despite REPEATED attempts to speak to a supervisor (or someone with more authority), the call centre staff would not escalate my call and eventually told me that he had "the authority to refer me to the authorized service centre in your area" - the same service centre that directed me to contact Samsung again. The problem with the TV is poor enough... TERRIBLE quality control, but to have the experience end with extremely poor customer service centre has left me NEVER buying another Samsung product again!

I had a Sony smart tv that didn't last a full year but Sony would not do anything about it. I will never purchase a Sony ever again. They were rude, barely spoke English, and not at all helpful. I purchased a 40 inch Samsung smart tv that is smarter than me. I'm working on figuring it out. Customer support is awesome. They have a place where you can authorize customer support Tech to take control of remote and help you with whatever it is that you're having problems with. Thank you.

I hate all my malfunctioning Samsung devices to be honest. They must be made cheaply because I noticed anything Samsung I buy malfunctions and breaks often and frequently.

It has performed well and as expected. My Samsung is a small, 19 inch which is for my bedroom. I wish I had a larger one for my main television, which, at present, is a Sylvania 32." So far, the Samsung has lived up to everything I have been told by other users and I have been happy with it.

Have four Samsung plasma TVs and love them. First purchased a 70" plasma Samsung and loved the picture quality and sports viewing. So purchased three 40" Samsungs for our new home.

We initially purchased the Samsung Smart TV to replace having to use Apple TV, which was a bit cumbersome and find the Samsung Smart very user-friendly. We have had a couple of these TVs, a 32-inch and a 40-inch for several years now without problems. The 40-inch went thru a short period of being difficult to turn on, for whatever reason but has outgrown this problem and is fine again. We use the Smart to access Netflix, Youtube and TED without problems. I would highly recommend this line of TVs and have in fact done so successfully with friends.

Samsung has great products, and their TVs is no exception. Not the cheapest on the market but a good quality product. I own 5 Samsung TVs. Ranging in size from 32 - 80 inches. My oldest one is a 50 inch LED that's 6 years old. The picture today is as good as it was taking it out of the box 6 years ago. My newest is a 80 inch 4K Smart TV and we are very please with this purchase.

I have 3 Samsung TVs. They provide clean, bright and clear pictures and crisp clear sound. Good pricing, especially when you find them on sale. It's a reliable brand and highly rated.

Compare TV Brands