Samsung TV

Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.06/5

Samsung TV Shop Now

Samsung TV Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung TV?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

Purchased a Large 70 Inch 4k TV 7 series from Walmart a few days ago, This TV was SO big it didn't even fit inside my SUV so I had to rent a truck to get this TV to my place. Once the TV was in my place I opened it and found that there was no power cable inside the TV box so I called Samsung customer care and they told me to return the TV to Walmart and get another one. I didn't really want to rent a truck again for a power cable which was a couple dollars, So I picked up a TV cable on Amazon for 10$. Once I plugged in the TV the LCD panel was damaged. There was blue and green lines just showing up. Nothing else. I called Samsung again in regards to this issue.

After spending over a hour on the phone with them they ask for proof of purchase and a picture of the TV. They told me it will go thru a review committee to see if it's covered under warranty. The next day I got a email which said, "The TV will not be covered under warranty." I didn't even bother wasting my time calling them again just so they tell me, "We can't help you." I also got the 3 year protection plan with Walmart. Do yourself a favor and save the 80$. It's just as useless as Samsung customer service department.. So I ended up getting a TCL for half price and honestly it's pretty good TV. No complaints.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

I have had quite a few Samsung products, all high-end. Problems began when my WASHER EXPLODED about a decade ago. The same story about their horrendous repair record with this also applies to my 78" 9p-series TV and now my Q90R Harmon-Kardon Atmos soundbar. Summary - their products OFTEN fail just past their warranties. I have spent countless hours on the phone with their reps trying to resolve problems. They run you through a litany of required procedures (please not, I'm an Engineer and know my tech VERY well), sometimes for hours, with little resolution where a real product problem exists - THEN they "refer" it to a "repair center" that never contacts you or doesn't show up for their appointments, whether warrantee or not.

They do not "bump up" calls to more experienced techs, as almost every decent company does, hence you are left holding the bag with a broken product and no recourse - YOUR WARRANTY AND THEIR "SUPPORT" IS WORSE THAN USELESS. Whomever they are using here, in central NJ, has never come through and even Best Buy (where I had purchased an extended warranty for a $6000 TV) does not honor theirs. Summary - from now on, if a product of equal performance from another manufacturer (like SONY) is available, THAT is what I will purchase, and AT COSTCO, where a warranty means something.

I hated to write this because Samsung products appear to be great, but my experience has been, at best, questionable. Having had a $6000 TV, a $2000 washer and a $1700 soundbar fail at or shortly after warrantee, and then not even be able to obtain competent support/service, is disgraceful. One of the reasons that APPLE is so successful is that they really support their customers. Samsung has a LOT to learn!

Get buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

Bought a 65 inch Samsung QLED. Used their credit program. The tv would not fit in my car so I had my brother come to the store in his Tahoe to pick it up after I left. They opened it in front of him and turned it on. He said they were rough packaging it back in the box. Then once back in the box, the associates brought it out to the Tahoe and were rough trying to put it in the back of the Tahoe. Eventually they got it loaded, hanging out the back glass of the vehicle. When he got it to my house. We unboxed it by leaving all the styrofoam on it by sliding it out of the box. Removed the bottom so we could install the legs on the tv. From there placed the tv on the entertainment stand. Plugged it in and when I powered on we noticed lines going across the screen. After further inspection when removing the top piece of styrofoam, noticed there was a crack in the top left corner of the screen, underneath the styrofoam.

Called Conn’s immediately and they told me to send pictures in. So I did. A man by the name of Andrew (store manager) called me back about an hour later and said that Samsung denied the claim saying it was the customer's fault. I asked him what he could do about about it and he stated nothing. It’s my problem now. So now I’m stuck with a $1500 tv and loan that I can do nothing with.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

I purchased a 49” Smart TV Samsung approximately 3 years ago. Problems existed within first 5 months where TV would stop and go through a rebooting process. Also, the TV would just shut down or depart Spectrum app and go into a Samsung App. Both events would occur 5-8 times daily. On multiple attempts in 2 1/2 years left messages via Smart access to have a service call. Never once did I receive a return call. That is until today when I called Samsung Direct. Very nice lady said the problem will be taken care of and I would be contacted. Yes, I received a text stating $200 service call plus parts. Extremely upset I went to Best Buy to purchase and install a Roku streaming player. Pretty pathetic that the Not So Smart TV now works with the ROKU. Buy American!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

Received a 55" Samsung Smart TV as a promo gift in Jan/20. 9 mths and the rubber seal at the bottom is coming out (wish I could post a pic). After over an hour on phone, Samsung told me it's physical damage and not covered under warranty. TV was never touched once set up plus the screen does weird things which I thought was a digital box issue but now read I'm not the only one who's had a picture issue. His focus was on the seal and not the overall defective TV. Horrible to not stand behind Samsung name and just replace it instead of pushing to have a tech "look" at possible repairs I refuse to pay. The TV is literally falling apart and less than a year old! Not pleased at all seeing as all I've had are Samsung mobile phones for 14 yrs and love them! Rethinking the name altogether with this poor customer service. What a terrible TV!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

We bought Samsung 55 inches tv 3 weeks back in Reliance Digital Begumpet... RU8000. First of all remote was not working then they replaced it after a week. We used on and button which is attached to display... But the button was detached suddenly by itself. Customer service person came and told it was our mistake. It is chargeable and all... Then why the hell they told it's a warranty thing... And unnecessarily billing us and looting money if asked to replace the button. Stupid service. I suggest not to buy and believe Samsung services.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

After waiting 3 days for a phone call... THE SO-CALLED CUST SERVICE AND TECH SUPPORT finally called. Asked me to unplug my tv and plug it back... and said they couldn't help. I had 7 Samsung TVs and multiple Samsung devices. Somehow this clicking noise started and won't stop. Lesson learned, I won't purchase any Samsung device. I can't believe how these people wasted my time!!!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

Just purchased a 65 inch Samsung 5 days ago and today I get home and the picture is messed up. People's faces and certain things looks like something is coming through the screen. Not sure it’s just certain things or just not as noticeable on some things. Now, I have to take this huge tv back to the store and purchase another one. Not a Samsung....if I could submit a picture, I would....

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

Our 65" Smart TV was expensive and only last one year. The Netflix keeps stopping and going out, you have to reboot every 20 minutes to watch any show on Netflix. We talked with both Cox cable and Netflix and both ran test and said it's the TV. We saw on the internet that many people are seeing the same issue with their Samsung TV. We called Samsung and of course they don't answer the phones they put you in contact with the online chat which are useless. I have bought many Samsung TV over the years and we are sooooo disappointed in their customer service and technical support. Problem has never been resolved so we are going to buy some other brand TV from now on.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

I would not recommend anyone purchase a TV from Samsung. I bought a new Samsung 43” Series 8 TV from Amazon. This was not an inexpensive TV, actually the highest cost for the size purchased. Out of the box it configured easily and picture was terrific however, it worked for only 5 days and it went dead. Instead of replacing a 5-day old TV, they opted to repair it. Had to make an appointment and the technician came out but could not repair it on-site and had to take the unit with them. In good faith, I bought a quality TV for a higher price than the competition only to have it die and need repair. It’s now been a week without the TV and no clue when I’ll get it back. Electronic items fail and I fully understand that but to not replace a 5-day old TV and choose to repair it is inexcusable. Never again will I purchase a Samsung product and I will advise everyone I know.

Samsung Computers and Monitors author review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1938, Samsung is a market leader offering LED LCD TVs at virtually every price point and size. Samsung TVs are available at national and regional retailers and online.

• Curved TV: Make any seat the best seat in the house. Samsung combines a curved screen with its Auto Depth Enhancer, an innovative design that creates a greater sense of contrast and depth.

• 4K UHD Upscaling: Even if you're watching non-4K content, Samsung's upscaling technology automatically improves the picture quality and enhances details.

• One connect box: Samsung allows you to streamline your audio and video connections by de-cluttering the connections that go from your components to your TV.

• UHD Video Pack: It comes pre-loaded with 4K UHD movies, documentaries and more to get your collection off to a great start.

• True colors: With wide color enhancer technology, brights are brighter, blacks blacker and whites are whiter, so you see pictures the way the director wanted you to see them.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team