4.17/5
Based on 1,318 ratings submitted in the last year

3963 Samsung TV Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 4, 2019

OK, my TV was made in 2010, a 49 inch. At about 7 years old the picture started fluttering. At first it was every now and then, then it got more frequent, and I was purely aggravated. So I typed in the model # and the word fluttering, and several websites popped up telling me to cut a specific resistor wire. Well, I was about to trash the thing, and thought I'd give this snip a try. My son was appalled, but it was going in the trash anyway, I had nothing to lose. Well, it worked! I have no idea what it was connected to, but my TV has worked perfectly for the last 2 years. I think besides this, Samsung is a great TV. The picture and sound are excellent.

Original review: March 16, 2019

I bought this set in 2013 during a Black Friday sale (UN55F8000BF). It came fully loaded; camera; voice and gesture capable; PIP +. From the onset, the picture was spectacular! I've experienced absolutely no problems to date. In mid 2018, Samsung updated the set, which took some time to complete. When the picture came back on, I immediately noticed a much better picture. The detail; color; resolution; black levels, were all better. I decided to visit the local Fry's store to take a look at some of the 4K sets available to decide if I needed to upgrade. There was no substantial noticeable differences that I could detect. I've had to tell friends and family that it's not a 4K set, because of the outstanding picture quality.

Get expert buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I read lot of negative reviews, go worried as I had issue with my 75 inch Samsung TV after 11 months. It stop working and I only had 15 days left for warranty. Bought my TV from Best Buy. Called them. They forward me to Samsung warranty. It took 3 HR on phone which made me more nervous. Everything went very smooth after that, next day Samsung technician called me to check issue. They ordered parts which took 2 days. 3rd day Technician called me to book appointment. Next day he was right on time. After few diagnostics he figured out screen need to be changed. He had everything with him, 30 minutes and my TV working. No charge. Very clean JOB. No mess. Thanks Samsung.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I purchased a 48 inch Samsung television. It is 4k technology and it was on sale as a floor model at Best Buy. I paid about the same price as I did for my 60 inch Sharp HD LED tv. Two years have passed. I still am often struck by how real this television is - especially when the show was shot with 4k technology. But it is not necessary to have the film in 4k because many older shows also display very nicely on this tv. I also have a big screen Visio. There is no shortage of technology in my house, but I put the Samsung in my bedroom. Now, I watch TV exclusively in there.

The other televisions look washed out by comparison. I do not have a sound system or a sound bar on the Samsung, but sometimes, I am surprised to hear background noises in the background. The "fake" surround sound is also very good on this tv. I highly recommend this product. I have 3 televisions, but only my Samsung provides the brilliance and the feel as if I am at the scene that I am watching. I have to be careful that I don't watch a program where people are on a boat lest I get seasick. Seriously.

Original review: June 4, 2018

This is the most wonderful TV: it is Samsung Smart TV, with a beautiful picture clarity and gorgeous color. I feel like the shows are happening right in the room and I only have one tiny complaint. I have a hearing loss in both ears and wear hearing aids. Because so many of my favorites shows employ actors with those wonderful accents AND have background music that drowns them out... I usually use headphones... which solve the problem. Until I got this TV, which is Bluetooth, and found that you can not have more than one headset in use. So I can wear my headphones and enjoy my wonderful Samsung TV sound, but my husband can not hear it. No sound through the speakers and no way to use a second headphone... bummer, but I think a hearing family would love it!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: May 19, 2019

I own a 55 inch Roku TV. Which in my opinion is freaking amazing! I get so many of my favorite apps and even apps I never knew of plus free cord cutting cable. I bought my daughter a 32 inch Samsung smart TV which I gotta admit isn't as smart as the Roku TV. I can't get certain apps on the Samsung TV like the Roku TV provides. I feel from my experience the Roku TV is unlimited with experience. I gotta get Philo or Boomerang app on the Samsung TV like Roku gives you. I actually had to purchase Roku stick to play into the Samsung TV to convert it into a Roku TV. That's really sad I had to take those actions. So what? It all boils down to my point. ROKU TVs are far more advanced than Samsung smart TVs. The name smart TV is misleading. It should be renamed Samsung dumb TV. I will never purchase another Samsung TV. If you keep on this path Samsung you will lose customer to your competitors.

Original review: May 15, 2019

Samsung 60” TV fails after 18 months (no picture). Called Samsung and the foreign call center was not helpful. TV out of warranty so the repair is on my dime. They don’t even have an authorized repair centers near me. TV has sound, but no picture. Used a flashlight to see if I could see an image, and I did. Problem might be a bad power supply circuit board (10% chance), at a cost of $60. The most likely problem is a burnt out LED light on the backlight strips (if one fails, the entire backlights quits working. The cost to disassemble and replace the LED backlight strips is over $300, through a local TV repair guy. Needless to say I will no long purchase Samsung products again. For a $500 TV to last only 18 months is unacceptable, and the poor customer support only adds insult to injury. Beware and be informed... This is a widespread problem from my research, so steer clear of Samsung!

Original review: May 15, 2019

This Samsung smart tv was extremely easy to set up and be connected to streaming services online. It was a bit more expensive than some other brands, but the picture quality and expected longevity make it worth the extra money.

Original review: May 12, 2019

This TV has worked fine for years until Samsung decided to 'update' it with Samsung owned TV channel that streams by default when you turn on the TV

and can't be removed. Samsung customer service, just says it's been made a default app and therefore can't be removed, but were otherwise unable to help. Basically Samsung turned my TV into a popup ad without my consent and refused to result the issue.

Original review: May 11, 2019

The first 4k I've owned and do not have 4k service but it makes the HD pictures come across with indescribable clarity. I bought this tor a second TV and wish I'd bought a larger size and for my main TV viewing.

Original review: May 9, 2019

All devices in my house connect fairly quickly to very quickly. However, the newer model Samsung 50" TV with the SmartHub wireless connection takes 5 to 10 minutes to connect. I've called tech support multiple times and they can't offer a solution without sending a technician. They answer the phone very quickly for such a large company. However, they just want to get you off the phone once they find out what the problem is. I guess rather than waste any more time on them, I'll just buy a Roku and skip the SmartHub. I won't be buying any more Samsung products.

Original review: May 6, 2019

After spending right at $3000.00 and owning our Samsung 65 inch curve screen TV a little over a year a black line developed vertically through the middle of the screen. After extensive discussion with the tech folks that had trouble communicating in English they told me I had to call a repairman and pay for it. I went online and other folks have also had this problem and there were a couple of suggestion for a fix but neither worked for me.

Original review: April 28, 2019

Less than 2 yrs after purchasing a 65" Samsung 4K LED TV and outside the warranty period reflectors started falling off the LED's causing white spots on the screen. I currently have 5 such spots on the screen. I loved the TV and great picture but for the cost of the set I feel is unacceptable and a design flaw and should be covered by the manufacturer but it's not.

Original review: April 25, 2019

Purchased a Samsung HD 4K 55 inch Smart TV. The TV had a good picture while it lasted! The problem is that it only lasted two years and 2 months from purchase date. The TV had a shadow in the middle of the screen for several months, then one night it made noises and the screen went black and quit working. It would costs over two hundred dollars for a service call, so we decided to purchase another 55" Vizio TV. I can't believe the Samsung TV only lasted 2 years and 2 months. So we decided to go back to the brand (Vizio) we had before we bought that Samsung. We are still using are older Vizio 42" TV in another room of our house. We bought a 55" Vizio. Thank you Vizio for having a good product.

Original review: April 23, 2019

Purchased a Samsung HD 4K 55 inch Smart TV model UN55KS800F. The TV had a good picture while it lasted. The problem is that it only lasted two years from purchase date. The issue I encountered was when turning on the TV only vertical lines appeared across the entire screen. The issue that I encountered was a bad screen or panel.

The cost from Samsung for just the panel was over $1200. Found out from the TV repair shop that they had seen this same issue before on this Model Samsung TV. I tried to reach out to Samsung on this issue and was told sorry out of the standard one year warranty. Samsung would not stand behind what seems to be a known issue with this model of HD 4K Smart TV. This was my LAST SAMSUNG TV that I will purchase, Too bad SAMSUNG will not stand behind their poor inferior products.

Original review: April 19, 2019

I have my Samsung TV 3 years or more ago and it is truly good excellent picture and size, very good quality. I have not failed at any time is a very durable brand. I think it is an excellent choice.. I love it.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I purchased Samsung Led HD TV with 240 motions for $950.00 rating. There is no problem and excellent color, sounds and quality picture. It still run great since I had own this TV since April 2012 passed 7 years old. Energy Star saver!!

Original review: April 17, 2019

I purchased a UN50KU6300FXZA TV about a year and a half ago. I know how Samsung works and my year and a half TV was obsolete as soon as I purchased it. Parts are NLA almost as soon as the product is released. Currently, my TV continuously reboots and everything I have tried to "fix" the issue has not worked. It is garbage at this point and such a shame that this company creates a "throw away" product or products. Save your time and effort. If you are experiencing the same issue, chuck it up to a lesson learned and buy a TV from a company that has customer support and reliability. Stay away from LG as well. You will run into the same frustrating experiences. Good luck. Lesson learned.

Original review: April 16, 2019

I purchased a 58 inch Samsung tv and the extended warranty. The TV's power board failed and was fixed under warranty. 180 days later the power board failed again. The repair shop showed me 60 Samsung power boards all of which failed. He said he was making quite a bit of money fixing Samsung power boards. Samsung refuses to acknowledge that they have crummy power boards and they only warranty their repairs for 90 days. Bottom line - don't purchase a Samsung tv ever.

Original review: April 15, 2019

I am unable to upgrade to Craves HBO/Movies as my 2013 TV is too old!! Very disappointing as there is nothing wrong with my TV except for this...very surprised to say the least. Does anyone else have this problem?

Original review: April 14, 2019

My TV has had many parts repaired - to date I'll say 4 at least, is still under warranty, the unit will get a full overlook by another company this coming week. Now this repairman who keeps coming out from the place I bought the TV from with my extended war. continues to tell me my TV is okay, sure it is. Is a TV with just a meat thermometer taped to the side reading 106* okay? I ask when I'm running my a/c year round, "Is this TV okay?" I ask, "Hummm maybe." I'm no repairman as he told me as well, the cable man as well who said this is way too hot 'cause he's got this same TV as well. Maybe I've got a lemon, ya just keep on tell the customer it's fine. Now should his unit plus all in that building burn down because of this tv catching fire do we contact that repairman then to ask him, "Is this tv okay?"

Gee I wonder if it really is been complaining for almost 4 and 1/2 years. The warranty is about to run out. Yes we made it. He's on his own now. We no longer need to fix his issues, this is how I've felt, when I called Samsung on Friday to report this issue, to get an independent out to check this out. If I had the money I would buy an infrared unit to check this temperature to be dead on very accurate for this true report!

Original review: April 13, 2019

I enjoy watching the 36 inch screen Samsung television that I have in my bedroom. I am able to watch so many different shows, movies or documentaries. I have had this particular TV for several years, and have not had any technical issues. Great television!

Original review: April 12, 2019

Samsung offers great value for the every day consumer. We only experienced one technical issue (it was user error btw) with our TV and Samsung support was great in getting us back up and running. The TV is easy set up and doesn't require a technician. Although, if you're setting up to a surround sound system like we we did, get all the help you can. Samsung TVs are great performance TVs and the sound quality by itself is amazing.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I purchased a brand new Samsung 55" Frame TV from the Samsung Website using Samsung credit. The TV arrived missing parts and defective. TV turns on, nothing on the screen. Spent three hours on the phone being transferred back and forth between tech support and billing. Tech support can't help with warranty because the TV is 3 hours old, Billing will only issue me a return label. I waited 10 days for the TV to arrive. Now I have to personally remove it from the wall, package it all back up, call and wait 24 hours for a return label, schlep it in my tiny car to FedEx, wait two weeks for a refund, then purchase another one at a higher price (got it when it was on discount). No customer service whatsoever. I seriously regret purchasing this TV and even worse opening a credit line with Samsung.

Original review: March 18, 2019

Have a 55” Samsung Smart TV for the last 5 years and like it so much. I’m having a new Samsung 65” UHD installed today. Crisp clear picture. Great sound quality. I’ve never had a problem. The best of the best, just wanted to update to a larger screen and UHD.

Original review: March 18, 2019

Brand that is sold at Best Buy by Samsung reps that are clueless on their products, provide you with incorrect information and they refer you to Samsung a company that never returns emails or calls. I will recommend to do all the research on the item you are interested and not depends on their representatives.

Original review: March 18, 2019

The TV is good in many respects and the sun in the afternoon does not affect the picture but and it is a big "but", 2 of the 4 HDMI inputs failed and if any more go I will be forced to replace the unit. The other good thing is that it has a tuner which enabled me to temporarily divert the input from the Tivo and the Amp.

Original review: March 18, 2019

We have had this TV for more than 5 yrs and it has been a very good quality TV. We have not had any major problems or any breakdown of TV. It has good quality color and sound. I would purchase a Samsung TV again and would recommend it to others.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I'm overall very pleased with the price, quality & longevity of my Samsung products. I've been a faithful customer of Samsung for almost 2 decades & the products only get better w/ little to no recalls. I appreciate that in a day & time where the name/integrity of a product is questionable Samsung always comes through.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I've had my Samsung smart 4k tv for about 2 years. So far, no problems. It has great picture of course even in a lighter room. The tv menu (on screen) and remote can be a bit cumbersome until you get the "hang" of them. I would recommend this brand to any family member.

Samsung Computers and Monitors expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1938, Samsung is a market leader offering LED LCD TVs at virtually every price point and size. Samsung TVs are available at national and regional retailers and online.

• Curved TV: Make any seat the best seat in the house. Samsung combines a curved screen with its Auto Depth Enhancer, an innovative design that creates a greater sense of contrast and depth.

• 4K UHD Upscaling: Even if you're watching non-4K content, Samsung's upscaling technology automatically improves the picture quality and enhances details.

• One connect box: Samsung allows you to streamline your audio and video connections by de-cluttering the connections that go from your components to your TV.

• UHD Video Pack: It comes pre-loaded with 4K UHD movies, documentaries and more to get your collection off to a great start.

• True colors: With wide color enhancer technology, brights are brighter, blacks blacker and whites are whiter, so you see pictures the way the director wanted you to see them.

• Best for: Home-theater enthusiasts and movie and TV connoisseurs.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs