2.25/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

3818 Samsung TV Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Bought NU 8000 8/13/18. Stopped working and called for service, which did not happen until the 3rd call. Tech came out, quick diagnosis - main board bad. New board installed one week later, did not fix the problem. New screen ordered, installed - did not fix the problem. Called customer abuse line, no records of service being done, have tech give us a call. NO follow up by Samsung. Called numerous times for info/ update, NO return calls from Samsung. After 2 months of storing their junk tv, a promise to send out trucking company. NO calls from Samsung or a “mystery” trucking company. More calls, emails and now after 3 months, another trucking company promise. This time an actual company called for pick up. We’ll see...tv is junk, customer “service” is abusive, no follow up. BEWARE of any Samsung product. Remember the exploding phones of a few years ago, that was the customer’s fault also.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I bought a Samsung 55 inch about a year and a half ago. Suddenly out of nowhere a small vertical line began to develop in the bottom right hand corner of the TV. As time progressed the line has grown up the entire TV and developed black spheres of dead pixels originating from the vertical line. I spoke with customer service who admitted the screen is faulty and this case is super rare in occurrence but unfortunately they have no repair techs in the area and the cost as well as finding my own tech would rely solely on me. "Yup. Here’s a faulty TV we sold you, we can’t fix it, and oh yeah if you do find a tech the repair cost is on you." Never again Samsung, never again.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

We had raised an incident with Samsung customer service of TV not working when plugged. It would switch on and off with blank screen and had to unplug power from the socket. At first the representative assigned repair to a TV center that does not repair TVs under 1 year and ours was short a year. Later we requested them to change the ticket to some other repair service to which they said that a new ticket has to be raised for a new TV repair center. Finally, We had a representative come and check and they said it would need to be replaced.

We raised an another ticket for exchange as it was under warranty and then later when we called Samsung customer service they said the customer info is missing which we later gave on the call, and then after few days customer service informed us that it's been waiting for approvals which would take 3-4 business days and then 8-10 days for shipping. As we did not get a response for a week, we had to call again and this time customer services gave us 10-11 business days for approval and 10 days for shipping. Every time we call all we hear is 10-11 business days with no end date. It almost been a month now and now based on the new date from customer care it will take 2 months from when TV had gone bad. What an experience!!! First of all a TV that was purchased less than a year back has gone bad, how can anybody buy such a TV.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

Bought the tv August 2018, after a few days when tv was turned on the screen stayed gray for a few mins. I did not think anything of it at first as some days it would come right on. More problems started the end of October, tv would not turn on/off or retain the programmed channels. Unable to use remote got another remote and still no difference. Tv is now on 24/7 to retain channels as the remote would only work 1x to scan for the channels. Called Samsung last week, explained all this, via phone calls and chat sessions, still no satisfaction, told me they are sending another remote (which they never did).

I filled out a work order and rec'd a phone call two days later, asking me for all my info again...this being the 5th time. I gave serial and model numbers. Did I mention the button under the screen on the tv for on/off/channels does not work...hence the problem is in the tv and not the remote. I am so disappointed with this Samsung company...difficult to contact, hard to get through to reps what is going on. Now stuck with a tv that cost over $400, will not work and did I mention I am retired and on a budget.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I have a Samsung Smart TV 32" for the last 13 months and bought it from Croma center. Suddenly it was dead. I called the Samsung technician and he told the motherboard need to be replaced which will cost to me around Rs 7000. Not recommending anyone to buy a Samsung. Invoice: **, Purchased on: 2017-09-28.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

My wife was cleaning around the tv when she noticed fingerprints so she wiped them out. When she turned it on she saw a crack on the screen and vertical lines that ran down the screen. Samsung were not willing to do anything about it other than direct me to a repair place knowing fixing it is going to cost more than the actual tv which is poor business practices. I will never buy any Samsung product and will post as many reviews on as many sites as possible including all my social media accounts. I will never recommend them to all my family friends and work associates and discourage purchase of any Samsung products.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I bought this TV 1.3 years ago. It started turning itself on by itself. I had to unplug it to stop it. Now it will not turn off or on, Called support. Tech said it needed a board. Tech took Tv apart and cracked screen. Now it is scrap and they will not fix it , because it is not their problem. Because I am also an engineer, I will tell you the problems. Tv is way too thin for its size. The back of the TV snaps off so the tech had to pry the screen apart. Light screen was duck taped to hold it in the frame. The Tv cracked from the tech prying it apart. By the way a warranty or extended warranty does not cover a cracked screen. No more Samsung products for me.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

We purchased a Samsung TV UN50J6200 LED for our son on 8/15/2016. Yesterday he called to say that the bottom left side of the screen had a black ring and the side of the tv was hot and had melted. We read some reviews and found that this had also happened to others and nothing can be done because the warranty is only good for 1 year. Seems like this is an issue and we will not be purchasing another Samsung tv until they address this problem. This is a real fire hazard and needs to be resolved before someone gets hurt.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

We purchased a Supposedly brand new Samsung TV, We took the TV home and plugged it in and there were lines running across the TV. The Place where it was purchased it, gave us the runaround and had a repair person look at it and they advised it was a faulty TV and to contact Samsung which we did and they sent their own contracted repair people who called Samsung and said no they wouldn't replace it or fix it. So now we are stuck with a month and half old tv we paid $1300.00 for and can't watch it. I would never ever buy Samsung products again and my friends and family won't either. It's the 2018 Samsung QLED 65in TV.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

Called support day I got TV to report that brand new TV will not stay connected to wifi. Internet provider came 3 times to ensure their service is not to blame. Back to Samsung support that I call about 5 times every day - worst support team I've ever come across. Government workers give better phone support. Samsung doesn't care, Samsung support doesn't care, and I now have a 43” paperweight that Samsung purposely string me along with for one year so they don't have to fix it. Never buying - any Samsung anything again.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I have a Samsung Smart TV 55" for the last 18 months. Suddenly it was dead. Called the company to arrange service. They were very cooperative. They guided me to nearest maintenance center, next say received a call from them that the estimated repair cost is 1200 CAD which is 400 more than the TV price. They said it need a new LCD. When I try to discuss this they told me it normal that LCD lifespan is 2 yrs when I have a LG TV still working since 8 yrs. Not recommending anyone to buy a Samsung.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

Before my recent experience I have always bought Samsung products. I bought a 65 inch Samsung TV in April of 2018. By September 2018 my TV has stopped working. Samsung sent out a repairman and he said a part needed to be replaced. The repairman came back 2 weeks later and said that the TV can’t be repaired and that Samsung would call me to replace the TV. Needless to say they never called so I had to call them. Their customer service has been terrible! Every time I call they say that they will have someone call me back, but no one ever calls. Then when I call back and wait on hold for an hour or more they tell me that all they can do is send an email to escalation.

It’s now the end of October 2018 and my TV still hasn’t been replaced. We spend all this money on a brand that’s suppose to be the best, but at the end of the day all we are doing is paying for the name! The Samsung repairman even disclosed to me that Samsung now makes their TVs with cheaper parts in order compete price wise with TVs that are more affordable. I don’t mind paying for quality, but Samsung’s quality is not what it use to be. Not only has their quality declined, but their customer service is terrible. With that being said I will no longer buy any Samsung products.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Our Samsung went black two months ago. The service repair person brought a brand new screen... Out of the box, it did not work. Since our Television was under warranty, we were approved for a new tv of the same model. Like I said, at least eight calls to Samsung’s “customer service”... Still no tv. They are now saying that it would probably be at least ten more business days to get the tv to a delivery company... But no guarantees... Let me summarize... MORE tyranny two months to replace a bad television... Save yourself grief... Don’t buy Samsung.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

We purchased a led smart tv 32 in last year on Aug 26th 2017, but in Aug 22nd 2018 the tv screen has the problem & changed in warranty. Again in 10th Oct 2018 the tv have main motherboard problem, but the Samsung told me warranty is over this is a paying service. If we bought a tv at 31000.00 rupees and problem happen in a year, are you think that is it right? Then why should not we go for other brand mi/Micromax or other cheapest brand. I think that Samsung also purchase the tv from the lower brand and brand it and take double payment for us.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I bought a Samsung from Best Buy Magnolia 6 years ago. It seemed with very little use to my shock. SAMSUNG explains you can't guarantee electronics. If I want I can get it repaired as the guarantee has expired in 5 years.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Growing up we had always had Samsung products and they worked great. Never one issue. About 2 years ago I purchased a 49 inch Samsung 4K tv. It worked great for the first 9 months. After that the tv would randomly turn itself off. I adjusted the settings to see if that would fix the issue... Nope still would turn itself off and started to become more frequent. Next the one connect box started to not work. I lost hdmi ports 1 and 3. There weren’t any storms or anything. They just stopped working. It constantly says that the port is unavailable...

Then yesterday (10/15/2018) the tv just died... None of the hdmi ports work, the tv won’t connect to my Xbox one, and I can’t even get the apps to work. Called Samsung customer service and the first thing they said is "You know you're out of warranty correct sir?" (warranty expired in August, go figure). They said there was nothing they could do for me because it was out of warranty. I got tired of explaining myself and hung up. DO NOT BUY SAMSUNG! The quality is crap and the customer service is even worse. I will never buy another Samsung product!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I SPENT 4000 DOLLARS AND TV IS SIMPLY TRASH but it qua huge and I rarely watched. In 5 years it dimmed. The lights are gone. 4000 thrown in TRASH. Samsung explain. You can't never guarantee electronics lifespan.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

During warranty the television started to go black with lights coming from bottom of screen, a new screen was sent out, the brand-new replacement screen did not work, it took over a month to approve a replacement with the same model number. I am STILL waiting for a tv...to date it has been one month and four days...customer service is terrible. No answers, no call backs, no service. Only excuses. Save yourself grief, you might want to consider a different name brand so that you actually get support if need be.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I made the mistake of buying this brand of TV - I will give it one star, but doesn't deserve even that. The apps constantly crash - Prime Video, etc, and was told by a technician they need to update this, but no update. Be kind to yourself, and don't buy this brand of TV - a total piece of junk, and a nightmare.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

Have had a Galaxy 6 phone for over 4 years and it has worked perfectly. No problems. The TVs are another bucket of fish. I have a 5 year old 40 inch LED, nonsmart TV that suddenly started to turn off and on by itself. The remote wasn't causing it nor was there any problems with the screen or power button. Forget repairs, too expensive. I gave it to a thrift shop down the street. In comparison, I have a 47 inch LCD from Philips I purchased in 2007 for $1800 that just keeps going. I also have a 3 year old 50 inch Sharp 4K that is outstanding. Bought my Father a 40 inch Vizio 5 years ago and that one just keeps going. I won't be buying a Samsung TV again. I'll go with Philips or Vizio. SAMSUNG FIX YOUR SUPPLY CHAIN! STOP BUYING INFERIOR PARTS!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

My 2 and half year old 43" Samsung TV developed lines through the screen 2 days ago. Their sarcastic response was "You know it's no longer in warranty, right." After being on for a half an hour this morning, I smelled something smoldering hot. As I was looking for where the smell was coming from, I realized it was the TV. I unplugged it and found a hot spot on the left edge of the screen, that started to melt the plastic of the edge. Luckily I caught it before a fire started. I'm done with Samsung!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

Bought a Samsung 7 Series TV from Best Buy. Spent $2,500. TV lasted 18 months and started cutting off all by itself and then rebooting. It would cut off and on all the time while watching regular TV and Netflix. We thought something was wrong with our cable or wireless service. It was the Samsung TV. Called Samsung and they sent fiber optic doughnut style cable that is a total piece of junk! Do not buy this TV. Price has dropped to $550. You are wasting your money. We will

never buy another Samsung product. Just purchased a Sony and are very satisfied!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I bought a 40 inch Samsung UHD TV. While we are watching a movie a couple months later then I hang the TV on Wall mount, we saw some lines appeared on the screen. Once I took it to Samsung service, they told me that there was a physical damage on the screen so it's not covered by the warranty. I explained or tried to explain that no one was touching or applying any pressure to the TV while we are watching etc. but they kept saying that the TV is broken by me or someone else at home and they ask me to pay the repair cost which is $500 - one half of the money I paid to buy it. I should say I am very dissatisfied and frustrated with them saying this is all my fault. DON'T BUY SAMSUNG BECAUSE IT MIGHT BE BROKEN ANYTIME ITSELF AND YOU NEED TO PAY FOR THE REPAIR.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I bought a Samsung curved 65" SUHD in 2016 for $2400 and it had 1-year warranty in it. While buying it from Costco, they increased it to 2 years. This was my first Samsung TV as I had a SONY earlier. 15 days after the warranty expired there was a scar on the curved TV in the middle of the screen. Called/Wrote to Samsung, and they humbly apologized that the TV was OOW and they said that their tech will come and verify the issue. I paid $200 bucks to him for just telling me that the Screen has to be replaced and will cost me $1000 approx plus labor which would lead to $1300. I never thought that a TV as expensive would cost me that amount after 2 yrs. Unlike SONY that has been there with me for the past 8 yrs and is still functioning great! It was my fault for trusting Samsung!! Am off it and will never buy a Samsung product! Putting this up for readers and prospective buyers!! Please don't waste your dollars with them!!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

Half our screen went dim 18 months after purchase. They gave us a one-time warranty fix on parts and labors. Great... only the parts installed went bad 99 days after fix. 9 days over the new warranty on parts. AND... NOTHING, we are now stuck with a broken 65 inch TV that's not even 2 years old that we paid over $1K for. Stayed on the phone with them for hours and hours, they claim they are limited by their system and have no power to do anything. Needless to say, never going to buy another Samsung product, they lost a customer for life...

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

We purchased a 55 inch curved Samsung TV in November 2017. It has a one year warranty. We all of a sudden got a blue screen on the tv. I thought maybe it was my cable so I tried them first and they said, "No. It was the TV." So I set up a call and they worked for 2 weeks to try and get someone to come and repair it. We live outside of Nashville and they said they had nobody to do repairs in the area. Really? So they set up an exchange. I sent them documentation and they approved my exchange on August 21st. It is now September 20th and they keep telling me to wait 1-2 days. I think it is time I get a lawyer. We paid $700 for a tv and have barely even used it. I wished I had known about their customer service or lack thereof because I would have never purchased from them. Rest assured it will be the last time and I will make sure everybody knows not to buy Samsung anything.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

Purchased 60 inch LED Samsung from Best Buy, I have had problems with apps crashing within the first year. Best Buy does nothing and says call Samsung. Samsung resets the television and solves problem for short time. Problem happens I have to call and go through same procedure. Problem has gotten worse over time and of course no longer in warranty period regardless of the fact it has been an issue since first year. Samsung loads new apps as you own your television. I know from being in computers that the more apps the more issues you will have. 75% of the apps I will NEVER use, I contact Samsung and they refuse to remove them. I thought I was the customer. I paid $1600 for that television and have had nothing but problems from it and the company. Never again will I buy any of their products. Save your money and buy at Costco as well better customer service.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Samsung 55 inch TV - Spent close to $1500 on this tv. Very disappointed! I was watching tv and the screen turned to big bold colored stripes. Was out of warranty. Paid $275 for labor to certified factory repair. Samsung supplied the $900 faulty panel part that this was a one time courtesy. Did they know the other components would fail? At this point I felt Samsung whose products I have always loved had made an effort to meet me in the middle on a expensive product only about 2 years old. The repair was done. 32 days later the screen went solid black to solid blue with the red light flashing.

Samsung informed me it is an internal power problem. Now I have paid about $1775 for a TV that does not work. The factory service said it is either the main board or motherboard. The parts are around $380 and $425 with another $275 for labor. I feel sick to my stomach about this. I got a lemon. A happy faithful Samsung customer crushed. Samsung needs to make it right. You are losing longtime customers.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Spent $1500 on this TV. Very disappointed. I was watching and the screen turned into bold colored stripes. Out of warranty paid $275 for labor to repair. Samsung supplied the faulty $900 panel part stating this was a one time courtesy. Did they know the other parts would fail? At this point I felt Samsung whose products I have always loved made an effort to meet me in the middle on a barely out of warranty expensive product. The repair was done 30 days ago and now it is flashing solid black screen to solid blue screen. Samsung informed me it is an internal power problem. Now I have paid $1775 for a TV that does not work. The factory service repair said it is either a Mainboard or the Motherboard or both parts 380 or 450 plus labor another $275. I feel sick to my stomach about this. I got a lemon! A faithful happy customer crushed!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

On 6/14/18 I purchased a 65" curved tv from Walmart. It was great, good picture, good sound act and so forth. On Aug 12 2018 it would not turn on. On 8/13/18 I called the warranty dept of Samsung because I was told by Walmart they were not responsible for warranty issues. I sent a copy of my receipt showing the tv was almost 2 months old via text and was told it had been submitted to the repair dept and I would get a email setting up a tech to come to our house. The next day I got a email with the info from a repair shop. It looked like a work order. By the next day I had not got the phone call to set an appointment for the repair, so I called them. They said that about 10 years ago they had a Samsung tech but not since then and they had told Samsung this several times. Now on the 20th of Aug I call Samsung back and they send an exchange request in as there is no repair person within a 75 mile radius.

When I called back on the 22 they said the exchange had been approved and I would get a e-mail or phone call letting me know when the new tv would be delivered and instructions and shipping labels to return the broken tv. I should get this info within 24 to 48 hours. Today is the end of 9/12/18 one month later. I have called Samsung several times, talked to several people including upper management and still know no more than I did a month ago. Every person says the same thing. They personally will expedite this and will follow up with a email or call. Except for the work order for the repair I have not received one call or email from them. I am a 70 year old lady who has bought lots of Samsung items over the year but can tell you I will never purchase another Samsung product. If my tv is not here by 9/14/18 I will be starting legal procedures and this is just the first of many letters I am writing.

Samsung TV Company Information