Samsung TV

Samsung TV

1.7/5 (42 ratings)

About Samsung TV

Samsung TV Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung TV?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: July 9, 2022

I ordered the brand new Samsung TV from Samsung.com. When the handyman installed it and powered on the TV, the TV had a serious problem. The screen was broken. And I asked Samsung to replace it. But they told me they didn't have any replacement process. So return it and get a refund. What a frustration. And more when I tried to write a negative post on Samsung.com. They denied posting it. I don't know whether Samsung's signature TV is good or not. But their issue-handling process was terrible. They just tried to ignore this situation.

Original review: June 28, 2022

I purchased the tv 1/17/2020. It broke 6/25/2022. Half of the screen is dark. Just too soon to have something go bad. Not sure if it can be repaired. If it can, then I’m paying for the tv twice. Never again will I buy this brand.

Original review: June 12, 2022

I bought this TV about 2 weeks ago. The screen is way too dark. We tried everything, spent hours searching online (and saw that many other people had the same complaint), spent more time chatting with Samsung reps online (totally and I mean totally useless automated system), finally got a phone number to call, talked to a real person for about one hour. That technician was very nice and genuinely tried to help resolve the issue but she could not. So, she booked an appointment for a service tech to come to our house and resolve the issue.

The tech came, very nice, no problem there. But he spend 5 minutes, literary 5 minutes at the most! Switched the Picture mode to Dynamic and that's it! The problem is far and I mean far from being resolved. There is a slight improvement (the picture is a little lighter now) but the screen, especially for night scenes, is still way too dark. Sometimes, for some evening scenes, you cannot see anything! It's really horrible. My partner lost the receipt and so, we cannot return the TV to Walmart. We had another Samsung TV before this one and it was fine. But now, with this new supposedly improved one, we hate our TV and will never buy another Samsung TV again. The intensely dark picture makes it too horrible to watch.

Original review: May 14, 2022

Beautiful TV..but as soon as the 1 year warranty is up. The screen went black. Samsung support team is of no help. You can Google the information quicker. No accountability for a luxury product. Consumers are under the assumption that it's a 3 year warranty based on the box and information. But in reality only 1 year. Does Samsung think consumers are going to be purchasing a TV yearly?

Original review: March 17, 2022

Whatever you do, don't lose your phone/change your number if you use for authentication. They will not help you solve this! There must be a way to reconnect. I use a different provider now, and a different phone. The support desk asked me for the serial number of a phone I have not had for 5 years!

Original review: March 12, 2022

The device is a 55 inch smart TV purchased about two years ago along with a Samsung soundbar. Picture is very good. Audio tone is not really very good as it is hard to separate the voice from background sounds on movies and TV programs. Also, the audio and video are out of sync on live streaming programs; that is, the movement of the lips doesn’t match the words you hear, and that is very annoying.

We recently changed internet service providers and now the TV thinks we have moved to the eastern time zone. So, our Hulu TV guide is off by one hour. Samsung support tried but could not fix this and there is no option for the time zone to be manually corrected. I can correct the time but not the time zone and that seems like a software design defect. They offered to send out a technician at our expense, but I declined. I think I’ll use that money to buy a different brand Of TV. My closing comment with the phone support person was that I have accepted responsibility for the problem, that is to say, I should not have purchased a Samsung product.

Original review: March 6, 2022

We bought a brand new Curved Samsung TV only 4 years ago for a considerable price. Recently the lights of the screen just stopped working, out of the blue, we are only able to see the middle panel of the TV. After finally getting through to the local Samsung Customer Service representative, they estimated the cost for my repairs to the equivalent of $600! because the warranty is only for 1 year. This defect was not supposed to happen after such a short period of TV life, we have had cheaper TVs with a longer life span. I don't see why I have to pay that much for a problem that was not supposed to be there in the first place. Samsung said they are very sorry and understand my anger but there is no other way than to pay that amount. Now I have a big piece of garbage in my living room, because I refuse to pay that huge amount of which I am not convinced. The lights can be changed for a much cheaper price, this is a rip-off!!!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2022

TV sound doesn't match lips. TV freezes and has to be turned off or turns itself off. Freezes for several seconds then starts back up. Discovery + and Hulu had to be reactivated for no known reason - when I contacted customer service the first 6 people had no idea - finally the 7th helped. TV always starts with some low quality shows. HORRIBLE TV - DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY - I paid $700 for this one.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

I had a Samsung 65 TV that I bought 5 years ago. However I noticed the TV was acting funny with no sound, and TV plus was acting up and my remote was not working. I unplugged it and waited and the same thing. I called Customer Service and they repeated themselves. It is out warranty and need to have a authorized repair center. I even asked for a supervisor and got hung up on. I talked to some people on my NEXT DOOR app and stating it probably going to be the motherboard which would run about 300-400 and service call. It would be almost cheaper to buy a new TV. I put my info in to see which authorized center would be but customers service even stated that no one in my area except this company. Authorized Service Center (Shipping Information) - Name: UBreakIFix Repair Parts Co. Address: 1491 N. Hairston Rd Unit# 5044 Stone Mountain GA 30083. Phone: 1-9549568181.

My investigation revealed this address goes to a storage place and the phone number goes back to Florida. So a company has a storage place address? I traced back the phone and going back to a Lakes Electronics in Pompano Beach Fl. They have been calling me. After 3 times did not answer it was cancelled. I would not trust this place when not a legit address and Florida number. I even lookup the complaints the company has a F rating Lakes Electronics. I would not trust anyone that uses a storage place to come in my house.

I like to know how is Samsung vetting this repair center unless they are getting some kind of kickback?? So I did buy a 65 LG TV on sale at Best Buy with the 5 year extended warranty by Geek Squad. I am hoping this will last. This was my first TV that ever broke on me and never had it happened till now. All the TVS I had lasted about 10 years or so. I thought Samsung was good but from the other people response that the Samsung suck. I do have a sound bar that was bought at the same time it has lasted (Knock on wood). I guess I am done with Samsung.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

Purchased Samsung 82 QLED 4K TV from Best Buy 8/12/19. $2,300. TV failed 12/31/21. $2,169 repair needed of which the part isn’t even available. Contacted both parties and “too bad, so sad” was the attitude but Samsung also said I should have extended my warranty. Never a truer statement. Obviously not built to last more than 3 years. Rethink the brand.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

I called Samsung because my 70” Smart TV stated turning itself off and on and there was no picture. It was within warranty still by 2 days. The customer service assured me it was in warranty. They put in a ticket with a repair company in my area. After 6 days and me leaving multiple voicemail messages with the repair company no one ever contacted me. Then Samsung canceled the repair due to “no response “. When I called Samsung back they said now it was not under warranty anymore. I explained that it was when I put in the order and it was the repair company that never responded. “Dennis”, the customer service client said he would put it in as under warranty.

When I called the service provider they said it wasn’t under warranty, and I would be charged. I called Samsung for the 5th time and after a 30 minute conversation “Patricia” put a warranty extension on the ticket to cover the charges. She told me to wait 24 hours to call the repair company so the extension could show up in their system. Less than 15 minutes later I got another email that Samsung canceled the ticket. I am currently on the phone again with Samsung and it has been almost 2 weeks since the original call and my tv is still sitting unusable with this issue unresolved. I will never buy a Samsung again.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2021

Samsung Smart Tv. Model Code UN46F6300AXZA. Version No. TS0 S/N: Z6PM3CVD303047Z. This is a horrible experience. This TV Keeps turning Off. Every single time when I want to change Channel or put the volume up or down. This trash TV turns off and On by Itself. This TV SUCKS! My kids can't watch TV.

-Heidy

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

I have always purchased Samsung for their excellent picture quality. On Oct 18, 2020 I bought the brand new Samsung QLED 90 65' TV. It only comes with a manufacturer warranty of one year but luckily, I bought the 2 year warranty through Best Buy. Well, October 28, 2021 my backlight blew out. If I hadn't bought the 2 year warranty I would have been out over $2000. I called Samsung customer service to ask about this problem and if it's a common issue among the QLEDs. His response was "I don't know". I asked why the backlight went after 1 year.... again the response was "I don't know". He had zero knowledge and stated that a refund has to come from Best Buy. Ok, fine but I would like to know why the "latest and greatest" would fail after 1 year of use. ABSOLUTELY DISSATISFIED WITH THE QLED TV AND THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!! AWFUL!!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

Samsung model: UN58TU7000FXZA. Serial Number: 09LK3CRN200327A. Got this TV May 2020. It stopped working last month because the picture won’t show. Only had the TV one year and five months. Samsung asked a third party to fix the TV. “UBREAKIFIX” based out in Alexandria Virginia and they are the worst company to deal with. To know that Samsung outsources their repairs to a very unreliable company is frustrating. Took off work 3 Thursdays in a row and the company has been giving me conflicting reason why the part that Samsung sent is unavailable. Meanwhile Samsung is saying the product is shipped while the third party company is saying the part is in the warehouse. I’m going back to SONY and LG. I never had any issues with their TVs. I’ve only needed to upgrade after 5 years or more due to new technology. I definitely wouldn’t recommend Samsung TVs.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

I purchased a 65 inch Samsung tv five years ago for around $2500. After a little over two years, the one connect box failed. The tv does not work without the proprietary Samsung one connect box. You can’t just plug it into your cable connection. It took me three weeks and close to $200 to get a new one connect box. Fast forward another two and a half years and the one connect box fails again! I try to purchase another one connect box and I am told they don’t make the part anymore. To make matters worse, Samsung didn’t offer any one connect box that will work with my tv. They advised me to purchase a used, yes I said used, box on eBay!!! They had absolutely NO suggestions for getting my tv fixed. I expected my tv to last longer than five years. Very disappointed in this company and will NEVER purchase another Samsung product again. I also recommend that anyone reading this not purchase a Samsung product.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2021

Purchased from Best Buy brand new in the box. Set up and installed with a professional, mounted on wall and used for watching shows (no gaming, no other tech hooked up to this t.v.). When the t.v. glitched 2 months ago it was still under manufacture warranty with Samsung. Samsung arranged third party engineers to come to the home and try to fix. These guys came and took the t.v. apart 3 times over two months.. They Replaced motherboard and other parts. Last tech to arrive to fix this t.v. wrote in his report that there was a cracked screen, deeming this t.v. suddenly ineligible for warranty repair and they closed my warranty ticket without telling me anything. Samsung blamed me for the damage. Last people to touch the t.v. were the technicians working for Samsung. Lost the warranty option now & stuck with an even more damaged t.v. Samsung told me was now my fault it wasn't working. Buyer beware...

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

Dear all it's my humble request to all to not buy Samsung tv especially because it's not serviceable and team samsung is totally unprofessional as they are least bothered about the queries and everyone gave his unique response which is totally different from his team. Service centre is not responding to the calls. Products are being in transit (From Delhi) since 20 days though they are in Ahmedabad type of city. If this is the response for a metro city customer complaint then what would be the condition of small town and other areas. After spending so much money this is the response then why to go for SAMSUNG but not to other brands.

Team is behaving like a local cheap brand. It's not the quality of response expected from SAMSUNG team. They took my TV from home on 7th of September and till date not returning and not even responding my calls. Please think before buying such products, don't go by flashy commercials but by the after sale service and quality of products. A totally UNSATISFIED CUSTOMER.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

Samsung “Smart” tv misreads available storage space. Had to delete & reinstall Disney + app. Should have been no problem but after I deleted the app, tried to reinstall and got message re “insufficient storage space”. Deleted two other apps I never use, no help. Wasted several hours on several tries with Samsung “support” who finally had me reset the tv entirely and wipe out all the apps. Can’t delete the bunch of preinstalled Samsung apps that I never use but wiped out my other 3 apps (Netflix, Hulu & YouTube). Was able to reinstall Netflix & Hulu but now no YouTube and no Disney +.

Researched online after the Samsung help turned out to be useless. Found out that it’s a common problem, Samsung knows about it, has known about it for years and won’t bother to fix it. But their techs act like they’ve never heard of the problem because they don’t want to admit that it’s an ongoing Samsung glitch that they will never bother to fix. Never getting anything Samsung again.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

I paid $500 for a Samsung TV, and then later I learned it does not have a Previous Channel function. Every cheap TV has Previous Channel, but not this deluxe TV. This is a rip-off and they won't take it back.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

Three times bought products. Thought first purchase was fluke, Second the same, third boyfriend bought. Tv is a disaster. It shuts off ur will for hours until it finally doesn’t work at. It erases all subscriptions at one time or another so I have to memorize passwords. Too much work. I want to come home relax and can’t depend on these televisions. Waste. So disappointed right now as I’ve been struggling to get this tv to work. All I see on it right now is a show about outer space aliens or nothing? Imagine how frustrating?

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

Samsung is not choosing qualified service centres in our area Visakhapatnam. We had a problem with both TV and Refrigerator. Both centres has very unqualified technicians. In fact they made our products more damaged.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

Almost all the new Samsung UHD 4K TVs have lipsync issues. The great picture is processed slower than the audio hence you have lipsync issues. I returned 2 Samsung TVs with this issue. Although most all UHD 4K TVs have this issue. Avoid. There are no easy fixes.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

I brought the below tv in May 2020, suddenly yesterday it stopped working. Samsung says warrant is expired. I have to pay from my pocket. Just created a service ticket to see how much it cost, whether it's worth it to repair. Then I got a message from Service Quick about the quote [Minimum labor fee $200 (Visit fee included) + parts cost ] and there is a separate cost for major repair. Every year I cannot shell out $700 for tv. Don't know what to do with this junk. Do I really need to go thorough after buying product from these JUNK companies. Samsung TV Details 65" Class TU8000 Crystal UHD 4K Smart TV (2020). MODEL NUMBER: UN65TU8000FXZA. SERIAL NUMBER: 09L33CSN307121X.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

It has great sound and color. The important factor is set up is simple that we get our stations and my 80 year old parent are not aggravated by the technology. They can see their shows and hear them clearly.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

The Samsung TV is such a reliable and easy TV to own. The picture is sharp and the sound is excellent. I like this brand so much that I have 3 of them in different rooms and sizes. The Smart TV features are great and I like that I can tap into the internet with them.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

The quality of the picture and the versatility of the Smart apps are superb. We love being able to access the options from the remote, like Prime Video. Plus, with addition of a wireless keyboard, we can surf the web easily.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

Samsung is pushing boundaries. They give the best hardware, memory, ram, processor, display, and cameras, in their phones. Their televisions are in 5 of my rooms. They are simple to operate and have had no issues. Watches and tech gadgets I've not had any issues but really don't mess with it a lot. Have bought Samsung for 30 plus yrs and will continue. I had a washer and dryer and any issues the warranty issues were taken care of at my home with no inconvenience to myself.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

Very unsatisfied with this expensive tv that is not worth 500$. Total repair cost 800$. Wifi failed 2x. Now main board + screen (why for such a new tv). Do not buy it. This is a piece of junk. In addition had to call customer service at least 5x for this past 5 years for trouble shooting.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

After 3 weeks, my Samsung tv lost the picture, but I have sound. Numerous phone calls to Samsung. The 1st company they set me up with could not come out until 3 weeks later. After complaining some more, the 2nd company could come out a week and a half later. The 2nd company just called... A part (that maybe could fix tv- but not known since no one has actually looked at it) will be late. They can't come out until another week. Called Samsung again, and now waiting another 24 -48 hours for them to get back to me.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

I have had 3 Samsung TVs, and they all have been great. They seem to last a long time, and work as they should. My 55 inch in the living room is about 4 years old and is of the smart style, and I can use my Firestick on it to access online sites.

Samsung TV Company Information