Philips TV

Philips TV
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.80/5

Philips TV Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips TV?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips?

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

Android system works well. Great picture & sound installed. Factory apps all work. Add more thru Playstore. Faultless casting to tv via android phone. Easy. No problems. With remote. 4k content via blueray or internet. Excellent. Only 1 flaw for me is a small backlight bleed in a darkened room. Had tv for 3 months. Very very happy. Ambilight not a gimmick. Great experience.

Original review: June 27, 2020

This was my first TV and didn't disappoint, I plugged a Chromecast in and can stream most of the apps I use through it so no need for a Smart TV. 9 + years later it still gives a better HD picture and sound than most mid range TV's. The remote broke at 8 years but a purchased a replacement from eBay for not a lot of money and normal service was resumed. I bought my Mum a Philips TV due to the good quality of mine, hopefully it will last as long.

Get buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 2, 2020

I bought the Phillips 55in4K smart tv (no HDR sadly). Great tv all around in quality for the price. But the lack of proper instructions hurt the product. They don’t clearly tell you that In order to use 4K on the HDMI ports you must go to tv settings > installation > preferences > HDMI mode and switch each HDMI port to normal and not legacy. Xbox one s/x user and PS4 pro users usually buy for that in particular. And without this info you’d be under the impression that it’s not 4K compatible. I hope this helps the customers that are frustrated by this issue.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

I bought the TV 14 months ago. We set the restricted mode for our kids. We were exiting when we need to with the pin. One day the pin started not to work. It does not say the pin is wrong. If I enter the wrong pin it says the wrong pin. I called customer service and they could not figure it out. They said, "You do not have a factory warranty." I need to pay to get it fixed.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

I bought this tv and brought it home. No issues for just over a month. Then, it started glitching. So I called Philips, set up to have this one replaced. They put a $50 hold on my card to assure they got the broken tv back. The new one came, we set it up with no issue. Set the broken on back. They received the broken tv. Within 3 days the replacement tv was doing the same thing. So I called Philips again and the guy was rude and told me I could only get another replacement. I asked for a refund because 2 tvs doing the same thing, I wasn't going for a 3rd. The guy was even more rude when I asked for a refund. But eventually agreed. Then I asked if they were going to send a box for this to returned in. He said, "No it's your problem." I asked what happened if I sent it back and it was damaged in shipping, he said I'd be billed for the damage.

At this point I was aggravated by his rudeness and asked for a supervisor. Once I spoke to the supervisor and was assured I wouldn't be charged if it was damaged I agreed to send it back. They said within 2 weeks of receiving the tv back that they would issue my refund check. It has now been 6 weeks and nothing. So we called them yesterday and they couldn't find the tv in the system at first, once they did he said it could be another 4-6 weeks until we get the refund for the tv. NEVER again will I buy a PHILIPS product, the quality is poor, but the customer service is the absolute worst. I'll take my money elsewhere.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

Ok so I purchased my tv at the end of April 2020 and I was sooo happy. Well sit 3 months later my tv first start not connecting to Netflix. Called customer service and she said it’s the tv after about 7 calls. So I finally reached out to Phillips since I didn’t think I would need a receipt. Only after 3 months there nothing they can do. So I spent my hard earn money on something that lasted 3 months. I would never buy this brand again. If you want a tv that freeze, turn off, WIFI disconnect then this is the brand for you.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2020

Bought this TV at Wal-Mart, had it for 1 year now. It constantly restarts itself randomly. My Netflix runs okay, a little slow to start but Hulu and some other apps are completely unusable due to buffering, freezing, etc. I have high speed fiber internet so that is not the issue. This TV is junk. The remote doesn't work half the time or it is so delayed and if you hit too many buttons too fast, like adjusting the volume or scrolling it will freeze and jump around and more than likely restart. Worst TV I have ever bought, seems like several others have had this issue and Philips doesn't care. Buyer beware.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2020

Bought TV in April 2020. It updated June 24th and locked me out. Got stuck in Restricted mode. Called Phillips 12 times till I finally got a tech appointment 3 weeks later. (Had to wait for new board to be sent to install tech.) Install tech came to house, put new board in then ran out of house. Tv now doesn't even power on and most of the board pieces are on my living room floor and the tv stand legs are now broken because the tech screwed the legs into the tv, not the assigned pre-drilled holes, the capacitor that was supposed to be soldered on circuit board was on my floor.

Wonder why it doesn't work. I build computers for a living so I know what the part was and what he messed up. Now after $350 and no tv for a month I now have to wait for a new tech to come out and fix the last techs screw up. I have already replaced tv with an LG smart TV which I give a big thumbs up and it's rated #1 in Consumer Affairs. If you look at any of the reviews take not to this, DON'T BUY A PHILLIPS TV, THEY ARE GARBAGE. By the way, they are owned by HISENSE TV China Base company. It's a low budget tv company trying to push garbage out under Phillips name look in to it.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2020

Bought 2 Google Android TVs and even brand new they are junk. The remotes don't work usually, they had to send me a different one after paying $25 on Amazon for the 2nd one. It takes 15 minutes to get a show to play because I have to unplug and plug back in several times a day. The shows and movies skip constantly and to help I even put in a wifi extender in this small house, but to no avail. When the remote wasn't working g at all, I would have to cast something to watch from my phone. I think we should all get our money back, but I can't find my receipts. A tv shouldn't be used like a phone.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

At first, I was impressed, I liked all the apps, the color and short cuts the remote has, but after only a few months it started failing. Apps wouldn’t open, it would take 20 minutes to get to something because of how slow it was, and I have to restart my tv almost every day because it fails to open any of the apps. At first, we thought it was the remote but even after we replaced the batteries it still fails to use the voice command and takes way too long to get somewhere on the tv. I have to reconnect to the internet and unplug my tv every day just to watch something for it to work. I DO NOT RECOMMEND.

Philips author review by ConsumerAffairs

A leading manufacturer of televisions, Phillips is also a leader in healthcare, lighting and many other industries. Its TV models include LED, 4K UHD and Smart TVs.

• Picture quality: With 4K UHD and upscaling, laser backlight and extreme motion smoothness, picture quality is superior on Phillips TVs.

• Design: Bezel edges, razor-thin designs and cast-metal stands ensure these TVs are more than just practical; they're aesthetically pleasing, as well.

• 3D sound: Immersive sound makes the viewing experience more enjoyable. Two full-range speakers deliver crisp vocals.

• Smart TV: Wireless streaming is made easy through built-in apps, and you can stream virtually anything through your Miracast-powered device to your TV. The Smart TV is designed to handle upcoming 4K streaming services as well.

• Range of sizes: Philips offers TVs in a wide range of sizes, from 32 inches up to 65 inches, perfect for everything from kitchens to home theaters.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team