Philips TV

Philips TV

3.8/5 (438 ratings)

About Philips TV

Philips TV Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips TV?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips?

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

My Philips TV is a very good unit. It is easy to configure and modifications to the configurations with the on-screen help menu makes it easy to adapt to many alternate operations like coupling it with a wired connection to my Ipad or doing an air play connection from my computer or tablet. Setup is a breeze and the Philips name is one to be respected.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

Its price point was on for sure. We have 3 Phillips monitors for security. One 55 inch in the living room and a 40 inch in the bedroom plus DVD player that hardly gets used anymore but when we need one it's there. Oh and the Philips soundbar all work so well together and the picture in the 55 is awesome technicolor. It's like it's right there whatever you look at. But my favorite part is watching or switching what is on my phone to my tv. Love these TVs!

Get buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

Android system works well. Great picture & sound installed. Factory apps all work. Add more thru Playstore. Faultless casting to tv via android phone. Easy. No problems. With remote. 4k content via blueray or internet. Excellent. Only 1 flaw for me is a small backlight bleed in a darkened room. Had tv for 3 months. Very very happy. Ambilight not a gimmick. Great experience.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

We have been buying this brand for years. Never again. We bought 5, yes 5 TVs from the same brand last year alone. We have an autistic child who is, clumsy and just not gentle with ANYTHING. We finally figured maybe this time we should get the warranty. We were told the warranty covers pretty much everything! From water damage to storms to being knocked off the stand. Well, that was a lie! The customer service reps are rude and cut you off. I can't find an email address anywhere. Just, never again.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

I purchased an Android Philips TV in December of 2020 and it has been absolutely aggravating. I bought it from Walmart, and at first I thought I was just having issues due to being unfamiliar with the product. Now it is July, and I have weekly issues with one thing or another. Either it won't turn on, requiring it to be unplugged and plugged back in (reset?) Or I have to go somewhere in the settings and change something (this usually requires a call to customer service). The audio will come on at odd hours with no picture. And lately it suddenly will not keep its programming, as in I run a channel scan and it sees 50 plus channels, then the next day it will only show me about 25. Customer service blames this on my antenna, but I have never had a television before that just randomly deletes my channels because the signal might be weak at a certain point in time. Just a really challenging television.

Original review: July 15, 2021

I purchased new 400.00 tv and remote was busted. So I called Philips and they said was not covered. Buy a universal really 400.00 tv not 24 hours old. No warranty really. Do not buy from them. I'm returning tv and getting new brand.

Original review: July 14, 2021

Don't buy a 65 inch Philips android tv, it only lasted 6 months. The sound system buzzed so bad we couldn't understand what the people were saying. The warranty wasn't any good. It's been over a month since I contacted the company and got the okay for repairs, they still haven't repaired it or contacted me with when it will be repaired. In my opinion this tv in junk. I will never purchase another one.

Original review: July 8, 2021

Had my Philips TV for about 9 months now, but something's always been wrong with it. It worked well for about a day, but after that Netflix stopped working. The Tv would kick me out of whatever I was watching. And it would lag and scratch up like it was a old DVD or something. It also would shut off out of the blue. The buttons on my remote didn't work well any longer so I couldn't cut my Tv up or down. I couldn't even turn it on. So I downloaded a android Tv remote app to my phone, but that didn't fix anything either. So I called Philips in hopes that they'll help me. But all the lady told me to do was give it a software update. And guess what that did.... Absolutely nothing. I really hate that I spent almost 400 dollars on this tv.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

I bought the TV 14 months ago. We set the restricted mode for our kids. We were exiting when we need to with the pin. One day the pin started not to work. It does not say the pin is wrong. If I enter the wrong pin it says the wrong pin. I called customer service and they could not figure it out. They said, "You do not have a factory warranty." I need to pay to get it fixed.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

I bought this tv and brought it home. No issues for just over a month. Then, it started glitching. So I called Philips, set up to have this one replaced. They put a $50 hold on my card to assure they got the broken tv back. The new one came, we set it up with no issue. Set the broken on back. They received the broken tv. Within 3 days the replacement tv was doing the same thing. So I called Philips again and the guy was rude and told me I could only get another replacement. I asked for a refund because 2 tvs doing the same thing, I wasn't going for a 3rd. The guy was even more rude when I asked for a refund. But eventually agreed. Then I asked if they were going to send a box for this to returned in. He said, "No it's your problem." I asked what happened if I sent it back and it was damaged in shipping, he said I'd be billed for the damage.

At this point I was aggravated by his rudeness and asked for a supervisor. Once I spoke to the supervisor and was assured I wouldn't be charged if it was damaged I agreed to send it back. They said within 2 weeks of receiving the tv back that they would issue my refund check. It has now been 6 weeks and nothing. So we called them yesterday and they couldn't find the tv in the system at first, once they did he said it could be another 4-6 weeks until we get the refund for the tv. NEVER again will I buy a PHILIPS product, the quality is poor, but the customer service is the absolute worst. I'll take my money elsewhere.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

Ok so I purchased my tv at the end of April 2020 and I was sooo happy. Well sit 3 months later my tv first start not connecting to Netflix. Called customer service and she said it’s the tv after about 7 calls. So I finally reached out to Phillips since I didn’t think I would need a receipt. Only after 3 months there nothing they can do. So I spent my hard earn money on something that lasted 3 months. I would never buy this brand again. If you want a tv that freeze, turn off, WIFI disconnect then this is the brand for you.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2020

Bought this TV at Wal-Mart, had it for 1 year now. It constantly restarts itself randomly. My Netflix runs okay, a little slow to start but Hulu and some other apps are completely unusable due to buffering, freezing, etc. I have high speed fiber internet so that is not the issue. This TV is junk. The remote doesn't work half the time or it is so delayed and if you hit too many buttons too fast, like adjusting the volume or scrolling it will freeze and jump around and more than likely restart. Worst TV I have ever bought, seems like several others have had this issue and Philips doesn't care. Buyer beware.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2020

Bought TV in April 2020. It updated June 24th and locked me out. Got stuck in Restricted mode. Called Phillips 12 times till I finally got a tech appointment 3 weeks later. (Had to wait for new board to be sent to install tech.) Install tech came to house, put new board in then ran out of house. Tv now doesn't even power on and most of the board pieces are on my living room floor and the tv stand legs are now broken because the tech screwed the legs into the tv, not the assigned pre-drilled holes, the capacitor that was supposed to be soldered on circuit board was on my floor.

Wonder why it doesn't work. I build computers for a living so I know what the part was and what he messed up. Now after $350 and no tv for a month I now have to wait for a new tech to come out and fix the last techs screw up. I have already replaced tv with an LG smart TV which I give a big thumbs up and it's rated #1 in Consumer Affairs. If you look at any of the reviews take not to this, DON'T BUY A PHILLIPS TV, THEY ARE GARBAGE. By the way, they are owned by HISENSE TV China Base company. It's a low budget tv company trying to push garbage out under Phillips name look in to it.

Philips author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

A leading manufacturer of televisions, Phillips is also a leader in healthcare, lighting and many other industries. Its TV models include LED, 4K UHD and Smart TVs.

• Picture quality: With 4K UHD and upscaling, laser backlight and extreme motion smoothness, picture quality is superior on Phillips TVs.

• Design: Bezel edges, razor-thin designs and cast-metal stands ensure these TVs are more than just practical; they're aesthetically pleasing, as well.

• 3D sound: Immersive sound makes the viewing experience more enjoyable. Two full-range speakers deliver crisp vocals.

• Smart TV: Wireless streaming is made easy through built-in apps, and you can stream virtually anything through your Miracast-powered device to your TV. The Smart TV is designed to handle upcoming 4K streaming services as well.

• Range of sizes: Philips offers TVs in a wide range of sizes, from 32 inches up to 65 inches, perfect for everything from kitchens to home theaters.

Philips TV Company Information