Philips TV

Quit paying for costly home repairs

Philips TV

Quit paying for costly home repairs

1034 Philips TV Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 1, 2019

AVOID PHILIPS. ANY DEVICE!!! First TV Philips Ambilight purchased in 2005 works great till today, 2nd one SMART TV purchased in 2010 works great till today. Then Chinese bought Philips and since then only name left and my problem started. Purchased Lumea in 2009 for my wife for 600 GBP, shaver Series 9000 I paid 360 GBP and vacuum beard trimmer I paid 149,99 GBP, and another Philips TV ambilight Android I paid 2200GBP and brought to the UK from Austria. Lumea stopped working after 3 months-battery was dead, shaver after 2 years-battery was dead, and beard trimmer lasted 1 year and 1 month-battery was dead.

Now the best: last TV worth 2200 GBP stopped working 2 weeks after the warranty expired. Contacted Equinox-an official service partner of Philips. Without coming and seeing the TV they communicated me to dispose it as it cannot be fixed, no parts exists. In the end I fixed it MYSELF two days ago, although I am not an engineer but biochemist. BEWARE PEOPLE. Philips is a piece of junk, do not waste money.

Original review: June 3, 2019

I bought an 58 inch flatscreen Philips TV in 2014 and by the year 2016 the TV no longer worked. I didn’t start using it really until 2016. I had a repair person come and look at the TV. They told me that The Tv could not be repaired. It had no sound and no picture. He said that Phillips did not want me to fix the TV. They wanted me to buy another TV. He said that Philips does not make replacement parts for their TVs. The tv cost over $800. Now this is a complete waste of money for me who buys a tv and it only last 2 years. I will never ever buy another Philips TV. If this is how you make your products I will not be a returning customer.

Get expert buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I purchased a Philips 42 inch tv from Walmart in the summer of 2008. I know it is 11 years old, but was working fine until this morning when smoke came billowing out. Immediately unplugged and it stopped. Very dangerous and feel it could have caused a home fire. Just put it in the garage and don’t see any damage to exterior so obviously an internal electrical fire.

Original review: May 19, 2019

Through no fault of my own, the screen broke on my TV. When the tv is off, you can't see anything on the screen. However, when you turn the TV on, there is clearly something wrong. When I reached out to the company they told me it's my fault and I will have to repair it at my expense. The screen broke internally and somehow it's my fault and not covered in the warranty. I have had this TV for less than a year and up until today I have loved my tv. Now I can't even watch without having a distortion.

Original review: May 17, 2019

I have registered complaint of my TV which has 5 years warranty. They told me that panel and backlight is not available so you will get refund. Service centre executives are saying, "We are not getting any response from Philips,: and then I started sending mails directly on Philips' complaint mail ID. They are just asking documents, models and passing time on these silly questions. When I sent everything they stopped responding. The WORST BRAND, WORST SERVICE. All management is of same kind. They don't want to give service actually. Third class company for service and products both. Never Go For Philips in future and suggesting same to you also. Lifetime mistake that purchased Philips product. I don't want to even rate for my experience. Minus rating option should be there.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips?

Original review: May 2, 2019

Worst Department, Worst Toll Free... Never Go For Philips in future and suggesting same to you also. Never go for this dump products. All management is of same kind. They don't want to give service actually. On mail ID also no one respond, SMS service is also very worst. Third class company for service and products both. Lifetime mistake that purchased Philips product.

Original review: April 20, 2019

I purchased this TV last summer around August, and had issues within the first week that I thought would work themselves out. When I first brought it out, it took a long time to upload for the WiFi, which I assumed was normal because I have 6 kids on my Wifi. 45 minutes later, it finally loaded and updated all the items for use. I automatically input my Vudu and Netflix accounts. The Netflix froze once and I had to unplug and plug the TV back in. Again, I shrugged it off as just slow Wifi. I had my kids all log off their devices, and had no issues. Streaming and updates were great. Until a week later.

At first it was the remote being slow to turn up the volume or down. And even slow to make choices on the TV at all. I changed the batteries thinking it would help, and it didn't. So I just grew patient with it, and ignored it since the TV worked fine. Fast forward another 6 weeks, and my Netflix won't load. My Vudu shuts off. The remote still is slow, and I am just fed up. I stopped using it so much, and left it alone during the winter months. N

Now as spring is here, I use it to play YouTube and clean the living room it is in, and the color darks are now purple, the remote still will not work, the apps won't load properly the first time, they lag really badly, it won't update the software unless it's plugged into the internet, and I spend more time trying to get it to load and work than I have been able to watch it. And as you can Imagine as a mother of 6, I am pretty frickin' patient.

My advice is to stay away. I spent over half a grand on a piece of junk that I will spend more time trying to fix or return than able to enjoy. My time is precious, and I have found myself having to return more and more electronics as things update and 'get better'. My husband bought a Hisense from Walmart, and we bought some TCL's for the kids that have taken a beating well. I'm sticking to other brands from here on out. Buy at your own risk.

Original review: March 31, 2019

So we bought this TV maybe a few days before Christmas. I should have known that it would suck when it immediately stopped working correctly the same week. Also all the apps they offer for some reason aren't available in this country or at least that is what a representative told me when I called. I'm talking basic apps like HBO, Starz, Facebook. It would randomly turn off or stop Youtube and Netflix videos then give a no signal message. Later anytime I wanted to use the smart component of this smart TV I would have to go through the process of connecting the network all over again every time.

Eventually after maybe 3 months it just won't connect to any network at all making it just a basic TV. So I paid hundreds of dollars for a large basic TV. I'll never buy from them again. We use to have a big bulky Sony TV that lasted so many years and ran great. We gave it up because it just stopped turning on easily like it took a few tries. Either way I'd rather have that hulky old TV than this new piece of crap.

Original review: March 29, 2019

This is my second Philips television with Ambilight and I never want one without. Especially during movies and sports it is a very immersive experience. The previous television lasted for 7 years and was still going strong, but in need of replacement because it wasn't as 'smart'. The operating system works effortlessly and plenty of apps available. Recommendation.

Original review: March 18, 2019

Smart TV is really nice for viewing different programs, such as Netflix and Hulu. The display is incredibly sharp. It is easy to operate, ie, remote control. I have had it a little over a year and still no issues or problems.

Philips expert review by ConsumerAffairs

A leading manufacturer of televisions, Phillips is also a leader in healthcare, lighting and many other industries. Its TV models include LED, 4K UHD and Smart TVs.

• Picture quality: With 4K UHD and upscaling, laser backlight and extreme motion smoothness, picture quality is superior on Phillips TVs.

• Design: Bezel edges, razor-thin designs and cast-metal stands ensure these TVs are more than just practical; they're aesthetically pleasing, as well.

• 3D sound: Immersive sound makes the viewing experience more enjoyable. Two full-range speakers deliver crisp vocals.

• Smart TV: Wireless streaming is made easy through built-in apps, and you can stream virtually anything through your Miracast-powered device to your TV. The Smart TV is designed to handle upcoming 4K streaming services as well.

• Range of sizes: Philips offers TVs in a wide range of sizes, from 32 inches up to 65 inches, perfect for everything from kitchens to home theaters.

• Best for: Researchers, movie and TV connoisseurs, bargain shoppers and home-theater enthusiasts.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs