Philips TV

Philips TV

Quit paying for costly home repairs

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Philips TV Reviews

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

My Philips TV is 16 years old in two weeks. I have never had any problem at all with it. I am surprised that it has lasted this long. I have never turned off my TV. I suppose you could add another 16 years to the age. It is on twice as much as anyone's TV. Is that would make it 32 years old. This beautiful TV. Has probably save me quite a few dollars over the years by not breaking on me. The model is the same as all TV models of this year. Thank you so much Philips.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

My purchase was at Walmart, I asked the electronics associate if the newer TVs came w/headphone jack. He said, "Yes most of them do!" Well, the Philips TV didn't have the headphone jack, only had optical digital audio output. I live full-time in a 21' RV, the TV is located near the front door, w/the volume up to 100% I still couldn't hear it. I use the headphone jack w/3.5mm audio cable to connect TV audio from TV to my stereo radio. I found a converter on Amazon, it converts optical digital audio (optic fiber) to analog - it came w/cables etc. Now I can hear my TV back at the bench type seat and table 11' away from TV.

Get expert buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

Great price, picture, features on a smart tv with 4k, but the box showed Amazon Prime and it didn't come with it. Netflix and many other apps available, but not Amazon Prime. Not a problem because I had a Firestick 4k, but still.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

I have purchased a few Philips TVs and I've had no issues with them. Great value and lasted. I love the picture and the color. This brand is built very sturdy. I would purchase this brand again. I had my first tv for 10 years before replacing it and it was only because I cracked the screen not because it did not work or I had any issues with it.

Original review: March 29, 2019

This is my second Philips television with Ambilight and I never want one without. Especially during movies and sports it is a very immersive experience. The previous television lasted for 7 years and was still going strong, but in need of replacement because it wasn't as 'smart'. The operating system works effortlessly and plenty of apps available. Recommendation.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips?

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

This is the worst brand of TV I have ever bought. Not only did it stop receiving my wireless satellite a few weeks after I bought it, but the Roku customer service is the worse I have ever encountered. That's saying a lot. They don't know the product and they charge you double for the apps if you don't go through Roku to sign up. Unhelpful all the way around. DO NOT BUY THIS BRAND OF TV.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

Our kids bought a Phillips Smart TV less than 2 years ago for us on Christmas. About 6 months ago it started having issues by not staying on. It turns on for a few seconds then shuts off. A new TV less than 2 years should not stop working. I called Phillips and there’s nothing they can do since the 1 year warranty is up. They offered to give me a local TV repair shop number at our own expense. Not an option Phillips, y’all should stand behind your product. We will never purchase a Phillips product ever.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

Well, I had my tv for I’d say going on five years. Never had any trouble with my tv. I got a Chromecast hook on it and a smart box and never had trouble using my Philips TV.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

My wife is nocturnal, sometimes our TV runs for days without being turned off. Had the TV 9 years with no problems. Great picture quality. Gave it to son when he moved out, (10 years ago). Still working fine.

Original review: July 1, 2019

AVOID PHILIPS. ANY DEVICE!!! First TV Philips Ambilight purchased in 2005 works great till today, 2nd one SMART TV purchased in 2010 works great till today. Then Chinese bought Philips and since then only name left and my problem started. Purchased Lumea in 2009 for my wife for 600 GBP, shaver Series 9000 I paid 360 GBP and vacuum beard trimmer I paid 149,99 GBP, and another Philips TV ambilight Android I paid 2200GBP and brought to the UK from Austria. Lumea stopped working after 3 months-battery was dead, shaver after 2 years-battery was dead, and beard trimmer lasted 1 year and 1 month-battery was dead.

Now the best: last TV worth 2200 GBP stopped working 2 weeks after the warranty expired. Contacted Equinox-an official service partner of Philips. Without coming and seeing the TV they communicated me to dispose it as it cannot be fixed, no parts exists. In the end I fixed it MYSELF two days ago, although I am not an engineer but biochemist. BEWARE PEOPLE. Philips is a piece of junk, do not waste money.

Philips expert review by ConsumerAffairs

A leading manufacturer of televisions, Phillips is also a leader in healthcare, lighting and many other industries. Its TV models include LED, 4K UHD and Smart TVs.

• Picture quality: With 4K UHD and upscaling, laser backlight and extreme motion smoothness, picture quality is superior on Phillips TVs.

• Design: Bezel edges, razor-thin designs and cast-metal stands ensure these TVs are more than just practical; they're aesthetically pleasing, as well.

• 3D sound: Immersive sound makes the viewing experience more enjoyable. Two full-range speakers deliver crisp vocals.

• Smart TV: Wireless streaming is made easy through built-in apps, and you can stream virtually anything through your Miracast-powered device to your TV. The Smart TV is designed to handle upcoming 4K streaming services as well.

• Range of sizes: Philips offers TVs in a wide range of sizes, from 32 inches up to 65 inches, perfect for everything from kitchens to home theaters.

• Best for: Researchers, movie and TV connoisseurs, bargain shoppers and home-theater enthusiasts.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs