Philips TV

Philips TV

3.9/5 (269 ratings)

About Philips TV

Philips TV Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips TV?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips?

Original review: May 2, 2022

I owned to Philips smart tv and they are both rubbish. I own a 55" and a 70". The TV channels do not come most the time like there is no single but there is nothing up with the area as I've checked and it Is fine. You have to turn off tv. Reboot then you might get tv single back after a few attempts. You press buttons to no response.. These are the worst tvs I've ever owned. Next time I buy a tv.. it will definitely be LG. I never had a problem with them. I bought the 55" and it was fine for months and I was happy so I purchased a 70" for another room. What mistake that was.

A year in and both tvs are laggy in response to buttons you press on remote. Apps don't load. Channels don't come on. Both tv is utter garbage... Buy a philips tv at your own risk of regret a year down the line.. Trust me.. That's why I had to come and leave a review. I feel robbed of my money and are so disappointed with my both my tv. And I would not wish these tv on anyone. All I can say I'd never again philips....

Original review: April 21, 2022

I purchased this TV in December, and began having issues almost immediately. By April the TV would come on with no sound, then eventually the screen was green and pixelated. My wife called Phillips and they said it was our satellite provider. Of course it wasn't. I called them and they said to take pictures of the screen and send it to them. I did that and just today heard back from them that they would not honor their year warranty. They claimed first that the TV must have been hit and therefore damaged.

We told them that it sits in a back room in a TV cabinet and that no one has hit it or damaged it in any way. Then they said it must have gotten too hot. I told them it isn't near any heat source, and the guy then just said he was sorry, but that is what they decided from the pictures that I sent and they were not going to honor their warranty. What a joke! I've had this TV less than 4 months and Phillips won't stand behind their warranty and replace it. I'll never purchase another Phillips product and will do my best to prevent anyone I know from purchasing anything they make.

Get buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 19, 2022

I have had my Philips smart tv for about 5yrs. It had a few glitches in the first year but not enough to consider returning it. Over time it got worse. All of the problems I saw others complaining about...I felt their pain. The tv doesn't respond to the remote. It randomly goes back to the home screen. There is no volume to go along with picture or no picture to go with volume. It constantly says it can't connect to Wi-Fi while all of the other non philips tvs in the home are connected. I also have to unplug the tv at least daily to reboot. Now it won't even turn on....it's a wrap for my tv at the 5yr mark. I do not recommend this brand for smart tv purchase.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

My husband bought our 65 inch Phillips smart tv as a Black Friday purchase Christmas of 2019. It has given us nothing but problems at every turn. It times out and turns off when it wants to. It freezes and doesn’t communicate with the remote. It forgets the wifi. We have to unplug it constantly. DON'T BUY THIS TV, EVER!!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2022

I was given this tv as a gift and have had nothing but trouble. It loses the picture, it loses the sound, sometimes it loses both. Support is slow and prefers to send me to my cable company. At the request of Philips support, I have had my cable box replaced 3 times in the last 9 months. The box is not the problem: it’s the piece of junk tv.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

This TV is horrible. I will never buy Phillips products again. I literally have to unplug it once a day for it to reboot. It will lose sound suddenly, lose WiFi, or just crash. It can barely handle apps. I have to try 10-20 times before it decides to play. This has been an issue since the first few days. Wish I would have just taken it back but I didn’t want to take it off the wall. This item is a POS.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

Have to unplug and plug back in often. It loses wifi signal. Also apps don’t respond a lot. Three Months old. It’s been a nightmare since I bought it. Remote doesn’t always work. Needs to be rebooted often.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

My mother gave me this tv in feb/2021. It has 1 year warranty. 5 days ago it just stopped displaying picture. I have contacted Philips about getting someone to come see about fixing it but they refuse to honor the warranty because I don't have the receipt even though it says this on their web site word for word "If you require service but you lost your proof-of-purchase or the retailer is unknown to Philips (e.g. a seller on an on-line auction channel), the warranty period shall be deemed to have started three months from the date of manufacture indicated on the product or derived from the serial number." My tv even going three months from date of manufacture which is 10/2020 is still under warranty until the end of december 2021. Come to find out these tv's have been failing on almost every one who bought them. A defect known to philips yet they have not recalled the tv's. They once was a top company but now it seems they just rip customers off. Don't ever buy from them. I never will again.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2021

Updated on12/21/2021: About the review I provided couple of days ago about the Philips smart TV I bought last year and keeps shutting off and on every two minutes; I called Philips customer service for help, the lady tried to troubleshoot the problem, asked me to do couple of things that I have been doing for the last two days to no avail, she finally said she can't help fixing it. I said the TV is manufactured in May 2020 and I bought it in July 2020 (she verified that from the TV's model and serial numbers). I told her, "You should replace the unit." She said that the one year warranty is expired and she can't do that! I said I know the one year warranty is over but my question is did she expect the TV to go bad within the year? What kind of product is that? She said, "Sorry sir. I can't help you." So I'm going to go and get another TV, but for sure this time it is not going to be Philips.

Original Review: Last year I bought a 50’ Philips, so called, smart TV with Android software. The label says it was manufactured in May 2020. In the last few days, the TV started to reboot itself every 2 minutes. My remote control can’t communicate with it, at first I thought something wrong with the remote, I bought two different remotes and none was able to communicate with the TV.

I tried every tip and advice from YouTube read postings on the internet on how to fix this problem, none worked. I thought the best solution is to reset the TV to the factory setup, but I can’t get to that menu without the remote and the buttons in the back of the tv do not work. Repair shops are asking for $149.00 just to listen to the problem, let alone the cost of solving it. It is much cheaper to buy a new tv, I checked them out at Walmart today and an LG to with the same specs is sold for about $400. Shame on Philips products, I never seen a TV that doesn’t last for more than a year! Usually TVs last forever. No more Philips.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2021

I wouldn’t have another Philips TV. It has been the worse TV we’ve ever had. The apps won’t load. It’s slow when streaming. Philips cannot correct the issue. Their customer service is not great either. Much better brands available for far less money.

Philips author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

A leading manufacturer of televisions, Phillips is also a leader in healthcare, lighting and many other industries. Its TV models include LED, 4K UHD and Smart TVs.

• Picture quality: With 4K UHD and upscaling, laser backlight and extreme motion smoothness, picture quality is superior on Phillips TVs.

• Design: Bezel edges, razor-thin designs and cast-metal stands ensure these TVs are more than just practical; they're aesthetically pleasing, as well.

• 3D sound: Immersive sound makes the viewing experience more enjoyable. Two full-range speakers deliver crisp vocals.

• Smart TV: Wireless streaming is made easy through built-in apps, and you can stream virtually anything through your Miracast-powered device to your TV. The Smart TV is designed to handle upcoming 4K streaming services as well.

• Range of sizes: Philips offers TVs in a wide range of sizes, from 32 inches up to 65 inches, perfect for everything from kitchens to home theaters.

Philips TV Company Information