Philips TV

Philips TV

3.4/5 (221 ratings)

About Philips TV

Philips TV Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips TV?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips?

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

This TV is horrible. I will never buy Phillips products again. I literally have to unplug it once a day for it to reboot. It will lose sound suddenly, lose WiFi, or just crash. It can barely handle apps. I have to try 10-20 times before it decides to play. This has been an issue since the first few days. Wish I would have just taken it back but I didn’t want to take it off the wall. This item is a POS.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

Have to unplug and plug back in often. It loses wifi signal. Also apps don’t respond a lot. Three Months old. It’s been a nightmare since I bought it. Remote doesn’t always work. Needs to be rebooted often.

Get buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

My mother gave me this tv in feb/2021. It has 1 year warranty. 5 days ago it just stopped displaying picture. I have contacted Philips about getting someone to come see about fixing it but they refuse to honor the warranty because I don't have the receipt even though it says this on their web site word for word "If you require service but you lost your proof-of-purchase or the retailer is unknown to Philips (e.g. a seller on an on-line auction channel), the warranty period shall be deemed to have started three months from the date of manufacture indicated on the product or derived from the serial number." My tv even going three months from date of manufacture which is 10/2020 is still under warranty until the end of december 2021. Come to find out these tv's have been failing on almost every one who bought them. A defect known to philips yet they have not recalled the tv's. They once was a top company but now it seems they just rip customers off. Don't ever buy from them. I never will again.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2021

Updated on12/21/2021: About the review I provided couple of days ago about the Philips smart TV I bought last year and keeps shutting off and on every two minutes; I called Philips customer service for help, the lady tried to troubleshoot the problem, asked me to do couple of things that I have been doing for the last two days to no avail, she finally said she can't help fixing it. I said the TV is manufactured in May 2020 and I bought it in July 2020 (she verified that from the TV's model and serial numbers). I told her, "You should replace the unit." She said that the one year warranty is expired and she can't do that! I said I know the one year warranty is over but my question is did she expect the TV to go bad within the year? What kind of product is that? She said, "Sorry sir. I can't help you." So I'm going to go and get another TV, but for sure this time it is not going to be Philips.

Original Review: Last year I bought a 50’ Philips, so called, smart TV with Android software. The label says it was manufactured in May 2020. In the last few days, the TV started to reboot itself every 2 minutes. My remote control can’t communicate with it, at first I thought something wrong with the remote, I bought two different remotes and none was able to communicate with the TV.

I tried every tip and advice from YouTube read postings on the internet on how to fix this problem, none worked. I thought the best solution is to reset the TV to the factory setup, but I can’t get to that menu without the remote and the buttons in the back of the tv do not work. Repair shops are asking for $149.00 just to listen to the problem, let alone the cost of solving it. It is much cheaper to buy a new tv, I checked them out at Walmart today and an LG to with the same specs is sold for about $400. Shame on Philips products, I never seen a TV that doesn’t last for more than a year! Usually TVs last forever. No more Philips.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2021

I wouldn’t have another Philips TV. It has been the worse TV we’ve ever had. The apps won’t load. It’s slow when streaming. Philips cannot correct the issue. Their customer service is not great either. Much better brands available for far less money.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

I bought a Philips 2021 television (70pus7906 model) advertised at around £1,000 and featuring google assistant. The assistant doesn't work with remote control as there's no integrated microphone and there is no additional "smart" remote. It is supposed to work by downloading an app (or apps) onto your IOS device, or android phone. This fact is hidden from the purchaser so beware that you can't interact with google assistant, by voice command, without having an additional device to hand. To exacerbate the problem the app, downloaded on my IOS device, failed to find the Philip TV (2021 model, I repeat) despite numerous searches.

Philips customer services appear to be completely disinterested in this issue and have lazily, and reluctantly, offered a couple of unsuccessful workarounds. They boast google assistant is built into the tv but don't tell you that you CAN'T use the assistant without an additional device. It seems so technologically backwards to me!!!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

We have had Philips products for a long time, so decided to stay with the brand. Picture is great... but that is about it. Bought 65" for living room and 48" for bedroom and immediately noticed sound was crackling on both brand new TVs. It was only certain voices that buzzed the speakers so we dealt with it for a while. TV constantly has to be re-established with our wifi network. Specifically, have to restart our internet modem/router in order to get TVs to reconnect (when all other devices in our house are still working fine).

As others have already stated, for some reason after a month of use these TVs start lagging and freezing and need to be unplugged for a few minutes and plugged in to start working again. I knew better to buy any of the scam warranties and after reading other reviews know not to call and waste my time with customer service. We haven't even had these TVs for a year and now the speakers on the TVs are completely blown when we barely play them at 30% volume. Have sound bars (not Phillips) and TVs are back to functional. We spent a lot of money on these and will get what we can out of them, but probably will not be buying Phillips again.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2021

I bought this Tv 2/2020 and I have had nothing but problems with it since my purchase. First I bought it and by the second day there was only a black screen. I returned it for a replacement and it hasn’t turned black but my cable won’t stay on, it continuously goes to the app’s screen!!! I am so frustrated with this tv. Next time I will do research first!!! BUYERS BEWARE!!!!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

Remote had problems within the first 3 months of use. Simply will not respond. Tried all the suggested tips and tricks. Will buy another remote to see if that helps but will not buy another Philips TV.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

My Philips TV is a very good unit. It is easy to configure and modifications to the configurations with the on-screen help menu makes it easy to adapt to many alternate operations like coupling it with a wired connection to my Ipad or doing an air play connection from my computer or tablet. Setup is a breeze and the Philips name is one to be respected.

Philips author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

A leading manufacturer of televisions, Phillips is also a leader in healthcare, lighting and many other industries. Its TV models include LED, 4K UHD and Smart TVs.

• Picture quality: With 4K UHD and upscaling, laser backlight and extreme motion smoothness, picture quality is superior on Phillips TVs.

• Design: Bezel edges, razor-thin designs and cast-metal stands ensure these TVs are more than just practical; they're aesthetically pleasing, as well.

• 3D sound: Immersive sound makes the viewing experience more enjoyable. Two full-range speakers deliver crisp vocals.

• Smart TV: Wireless streaming is made easy through built-in apps, and you can stream virtually anything through your Miracast-powered device to your TV. The Smart TV is designed to handle upcoming 4K streaming services as well.

• Range of sizes: Philips offers TVs in a wide range of sizes, from 32 inches up to 65 inches, perfect for everything from kitchens to home theaters.

Philips TV Company Information