Philips TV

Philips TV
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.81/5

Philips TV Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips TV?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips?

Original review: May 22, 2020

Bought TV in December. It has not worked with Netflix. It said it had Amazon Prime & it doesn't. 1 of the worst TVs ever. Called help center but they can't do anything about it. So disappointed with this....

Original review: April 15, 2020

I have 2 Phillips smart TV's. One purchased as a birthday gift from my boyfriend May of 2018 which started glitching maybe 6 months after purchased and completely stop working 3 months ago outside of manufacturing warranty so total loss on that and one purchased for Christmas for my daughter that defective literally 2 months later. I turned in all documents just to call in for update for approval of replacement. Waiting for an email for 3 to 5 days that can be emailed in 5 seconds. Talk to multiple agents and still no email to get my replacement item for the defective tv item.

Don't waste your money on Philips brand. I will not contact the company for assistance for the defective Tv. I am moving forward with BBB and Arbitration considering the agents can care less about providing the documentation needed to get the replacement I was approved for. I have a Samsung and LG brand last me 5 and 12 years. Phillips product don't last 2 years or even 2 months. NEVER WILL I PURCHASE PHILLIPS BRAND NOR WOULD I WASTE MY TIME EVEN IF THE PRODUCT WAS FREE.

Original review: March 30, 2020

I bought 2 at the same time. Bad mistake. They shut off randomly, they lock up often. Netflix doesn't work most of the time. Have to unplug at least once a day to reset. Don't waste your money. Can't get them fixed and can't return.

Original review: March 19, 2020

I bought my TV in December of 2019.The tv lags horribly. If I turn up the volume too fast it quits to home screen. It force crashes often for no reason. I cannot use any of the smart tv functions without issues. If I run Netflix, Hulu, or other streaming apps from my laptop using tv as monitor I have no problems but as soon as I rely on the TV'S internal processor I have problems. Customer service is nonexistent. I have called many times without ever speaking to another human being. Total waste of money. Also the speakers suck. I use sound bar anyway but still. Everything about this TV is crap. I'm sure if I bought the cheapest comparable tv I would have gotten the same if not better quality all around. In summary, the money I spent on this TV would have been of more value to me if I had burnt it to heat my home. Scratch that...if I burnt it for the sheer entertainment of looking at fire.

Original review: March 13, 2020

I bought my Philips tv 2 weeks ago and a brand new HDMI cable. It worked perfectly for over 2 weeks then stopped. When I contacted the company they just said it wasn't MHL compatible so they couldn't help me. Even though it worked flawlessly before. I asked if they had a tv that was MHL compatible they said no. So if you expect to use your phone or other device for streaming don't buy Philips.

Original review: March 7, 2020

I bought a new 75in 4k tv from Aaron's. Worked great for 5 months then out of nowhere no pic no sound. I discovered that if I unplug the HDMI and plug it back in it worked so called cable company. They said it was the box. I changed it out. Still same issue. Called them again. They said hdmi cable. Bought a new one. Still nothing. Called back. They sent a tech. He ran all new lines to the main connection outside. Still nothing. Called aaron's. They gave me the run around about warranting it. Called Philips. They never heard of a tv doing that. Said they can't help cause it's over a year old but I bought it new from aaron's so they had it sitting around I guess. So finally I got them to agree to another tv we will see what happens.

Original review: March 5, 2020

They sell defective TVs! I bought my tv 3 months ago and the picture went. The TV is unfixable!! The customer service is horrible and has been giving me the run around for the last 3 weeks!!! Absolutely ridiculous!!!!

Original review: March 5, 2020

Bought 32" Philips Roku. Problem with audio from the start that is to say there is no audio half the time. Multiple service calls to customer service which is only available 8a to 8p CST, Monday through Friday. Service located outside the states. Cable company came out but after switching boxes twice determined it was the tv and not cable box. Very poor customer service. Taking this back after 6 frustrating days. Total time on phone with Philips = 5 hours. Cable guy spent 2. Never buying Philips again.

Original review: March 2, 2020

I bought the Phillips 55in4K smart tv (no HDR sadly). Great tv all around in quality for the price. But the lack of proper instructions hurt the product. They don’t clearly tell you that In order to use 4K on the HDMI ports you must go to tv settings > installation > preferences > HDMI mode and switch each HDMI port to normal and not legacy. Xbox one s/x user and PS4 pro users usually buy for that in particular. And without this info you’d be under the impression that it’s not 4K compatible. I hope this helps the customers that are frustrated by this issue.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

I bought a UHD 4k tv and it does not support 4k. I would have not bought the tv if I have known that. False ad, I am disappointed that I can't see how 4k is. Every time I tried to setup it says my tv is not 4k/hdr compatible when it says 4k uhd at the bottom left corner of my tv.

Philips TV Company Information