Philips TV

Philips TV

3.8/5 (435 ratings)

About Philips TV

Philips TV Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips TV?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips?

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

Ok so I purchased my tv at the end of April 2020 and I was sooo happy. Well sit 3 months later my tv first start not connecting to Netflix. Called customer service and she said it’s the tv after about 7 calls. So I finally reached out to Phillips since I didn’t think I would need a receipt. Only after 3 months there nothing they can do. So I spent my hard earn money on something that lasted 3 months. I would never buy this brand again. If you want a tv that freeze, turn off, WIFI disconnect then this is the brand for you.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2020

Bought this TV at Wal-Mart, had it for 1 year now. It constantly restarts itself randomly. My Netflix runs okay, a little slow to start but Hulu and some other apps are completely unusable due to buffering, freezing, etc. I have high speed fiber internet so that is not the issue. This TV is junk. The remote doesn't work half the time or it is so delayed and if you hit too many buttons too fast, like adjusting the volume or scrolling it will freeze and jump around and more than likely restart. Worst TV I have ever bought, seems like several others have had this issue and Philips doesn't care. Buyer beware.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2020

Bought TV in April 2020. It updated June 24th and locked me out. Got stuck in Restricted mode. Called Phillips 12 times till I finally got a tech appointment 3 weeks later. (Had to wait for new board to be sent to install tech.) Install tech came to house, put new board in then ran out of house. Tv now doesn't even power on and most of the board pieces are on my living room floor and the tv stand legs are now broken because the tech screwed the legs into the tv, not the assigned pre-drilled holes, the capacitor that was supposed to be soldered on circuit board was on my floor.

Wonder why it doesn't work. I build computers for a living so I know what the part was and what he messed up. Now after $350 and no tv for a month I now have to wait for a new tech to come out and fix the last techs screw up. I have already replaced tv with an LG smart TV which I give a big thumbs up and it's rated #1 in Consumer Affairs. If you look at any of the reviews take not to this, DON'T BUY A PHILLIPS TV, THEY ARE GARBAGE. By the way, they are owned by HISENSE TV China Base company. It's a low budget tv company trying to push garbage out under Phillips name look in to it.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2020

Bought 2 Google Android TVs and even brand new they are junk. The remotes don't work usually, they had to send me a different one after paying $25 on Amazon for the 2nd one. It takes 15 minutes to get a show to play because I have to unplug and plug back in several times a day. The shows and movies skip constantly and to help I even put in a wifi extender in this small house, but to no avail. When the remote wasn't working g at all, I would have to cast something to watch from my phone. I think we should all get our money back, but I can't find my receipts. A tv shouldn't be used like a phone.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

At first, I was impressed, I liked all the apps, the color and short cuts the remote has, but after only a few months it started failing. Apps wouldn’t open, it would take 20 minutes to get to something because of how slow it was, and I have to restart my tv almost every day because it fails to open any of the apps. At first, we thought it was the remote but even after we replaced the batteries it still fails to use the voice command and takes way too long to get somewhere on the tv. I have to reconnect to the internet and unplug my tv every day just to watch something for it to work. I DO NOT RECOMMEND.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2020

The Android tv they sell is junk. Overseas tech support. The tv has to be unplugged several times a day and Netflix, Vudu, Youtube, Hulu all have to be reinstalled almost daily to make them work. It’s an absolute worthless tv. HATE IT!!! Picture is good when it works before it freezes.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

After 1 episode loses sync with WiFi and need to unplug TV, wait about 10 seconds and replug TV into outlet to resolve. Bought at Walmart but they stopped selling the brand Philips TV for some reason. Don't waste your money.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

So I've had this Philips Android tv for a year and it has a mind of its own which is unacceptable. Turn on and off without the remote, up and down on its own. Opens new apps while I'm watching something else like it's been hacked right out the box. Never again will I buy and I'm thinking of petitioning for a mass lawsuit, with all that has bought this scam tv.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

Android system works well. Great picture & sound installed. Factory apps all work. Add more thru Playstore. Faultless casting to tv via android phone. Easy. No problems. With remote. 4k content via blueray or internet. Excellent. Only 1 flaw for me is a small backlight bleed in a darkened room. Had tv for 3 months. Very very happy. Ambilight not a gimmick. Great experience.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

I bought the Philips smart TV November 2019. It hasnt even been a year and the tv is completely dead. The tv has always had issues from the jump. Constantly turns on and off on its own and always disconnecting from the internet. The remote does not work the buttons do nothing when pushed and when I try to turn the volume up it just staggers going up and down. ABSOLUTELY HATE THIS TV! Will never purchase anything from Philips ever again.

Philips TV Company Information