Philips TV

Philips TV

4.0/5 (643 ratings)

About Philips TV

Philips TV Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips TV?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips?

Original review: Dec. 19, 2021

Updated on12/21/2021: About the review I provided couple of days ago about the Philips smart TV I bought last year and keeps shutting off and on every two minutes; I called Philips customer service for help, the lady tried to troubleshoot the problem, asked me to do couple of things that I have been doing for the last two days to no avail, she finally said she can't help fixing it. I said the TV is manufactured in May 2020 and I bought it in July 2020 (she verified that from the TV's model and serial numbers). I told her, "You should replace the unit." She said that the one year warranty is expired and she can't do that! I said I know the one year warranty is over but my question is did she expect the TV to go bad within the year? What kind of product is that? She said, "Sorry sir. I can't help you." So I'm going to go and get another TV, but for sure this time it is not going to be Philips.

Original Review: Last year I bought a 50’ Philips, so called, smart TV with Android software. The label says it was manufactured in May 2020. In the last few days, the TV started to reboot itself every 2 minutes. My remote control can’t communicate with it, at first I thought something wrong with the remote, I bought two different remotes and none was able to communicate with the TV.

I tried every tip and advice from YouTube read postings on the internet on how to fix this problem, none worked. I thought the best solution is to reset the TV to the factory setup, but I can’t get to that menu without the remote and the buttons in the back of the tv do not work. Repair shops are asking for $149.00 just to listen to the problem, let alone the cost of solving it. It is much cheaper to buy a new tv, I checked them out at Walmart today and an LG to with the same specs is sold for about $400. Shame on Philips products, I never seen a TV that doesn’t last for more than a year! Usually TVs last forever. No more Philips.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2021

I wouldn’t have another Philips TV. It has been the worse TV we’ve ever had. The apps won’t load. It’s slow when streaming. Philips cannot correct the issue. Their customer service is not great either. Much better brands available for far less money.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

I bought a Philips 2021 television (70pus7906 model) advertised at around £1,000 and featuring google assistant. The assistant doesn't work with remote control as there's no integrated microphone and there is no additional "smart" remote. It is supposed to work by downloading an app (or apps) onto your IOS device, or android phone. This fact is hidden from the purchaser so beware that you can't interact with google assistant, by voice command, without having an additional device to hand. To exacerbate the problem the app, downloaded on my IOS device, failed to find the Philip TV (2021 model, I repeat) despite numerous searches.

Philips customer services appear to be completely disinterested in this issue and have lazily, and reluctantly, offered a couple of unsuccessful workarounds. They boast google assistant is built into the tv but don't tell you that you CAN'T use the assistant without an additional device. It seems so technologically backwards to me!!!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

We have had Philips products for a long time, so decided to stay with the brand. Picture is great... but that is about it. Bought 65" for living room and 48" for bedroom and immediately noticed sound was crackling on both brand new TVs. It was only certain voices that buzzed the speakers so we dealt with it for a while. TV constantly has to be re-established with our wifi network. Specifically, have to restart our internet modem/router in order to get TVs to reconnect (when all other devices in our house are still working fine).

As others have already stated, for some reason after a month of use these TVs start lagging and freezing and need to be unplugged for a few minutes and plugged in to start working again. I knew better to buy any of the scam warranties and after reading other reviews know not to call and waste my time with customer service. We haven't even had these TVs for a year and now the speakers on the TVs are completely blown when we barely play them at 30% volume. Have sound bars (not Phillips) and TVs are back to functional. We spent a lot of money on these and will get what we can out of them, but probably will not be buying Phillips again.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2021

I bought this Tv 2/2020 and I have had nothing but problems with it since my purchase. First I bought it and by the second day there was only a black screen. I returned it for a replacement and it hasn’t turned black but my cable won’t stay on, it continuously goes to the app’s screen!!! I am so frustrated with this tv. Next time I will do research first!!! BUYERS BEWARE!!!!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

Remote had problems within the first 3 months of use. Simply will not respond. Tried all the suggested tips and tricks. Will buy another remote to see if that helps but will not buy another Philips TV.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

My Philips TV is a very good unit. It is easy to configure and modifications to the configurations with the on-screen help menu makes it easy to adapt to many alternate operations like coupling it with a wired connection to my Ipad or doing an air play connection from my computer or tablet. Setup is a breeze and the Philips name is one to be respected.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

We have been buying this brand for years. Never again. We bought 5, yes 5 TVs from the same brand last year alone. We have an autistic child who is, clumsy and just not gentle with ANYTHING. We finally figured maybe this time we should get the warranty. We were told the warranty covers pretty much everything! From water damage to storms to being knocked off the stand. Well, that was a lie! The customer service reps are rude and cut you off. I can't find an email address anywhere. Just, never again.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

Its price point was on for sure. We have 3 Phillips monitors for security. One 55 inch in the living room and a 40 inch in the bedroom plus DVD player that hardly gets used anymore but when we need one it's there. Oh and the Philips soundbar all work so well together and the picture in the 55 is awesome technicolor. It's like it's right there whatever you look at. But my favorite part is watching or switching what is on my phone to my tv. Love these TVs!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

I purchased an Android Philips TV in December of 2020 and it has been absolutely aggravating. I bought it from Walmart, and at first I thought I was just having issues due to being unfamiliar with the product. Now it is July, and I have weekly issues with one thing or another. Either it won't turn on, requiring it to be unplugged and plugged back in (reset?) Or I have to go somewhere in the settings and change something (this usually requires a call to customer service). The audio will come on at odd hours with no picture. And lately it suddenly will not keep its programming, as in I run a channel scan and it sees 50 plus channels, then the next day it will only show me about 25. Customer service blames this on my antenna, but I have never had a television before that just randomly deletes my channels because the signal might be weak at a certain point in time. Just a really challenging television.

Original review: July 15, 2021

I purchased new 400.00 tv and remote was busted. So I called Philips and they said was not covered. Buy a universal really 400.00 tv not 24 hours old. No warranty really. Do not buy from them. I'm returning tv and getting new brand.

Original review: July 14, 2021

Don't buy a 65 inch Philips android tv, it only lasted 6 months. The sound system buzzed so bad we couldn't understand what the people were saying. The warranty wasn't any good. It's been over a month since I contacted the company and got the okay for repairs, they still haven't repaired it or contacted me with when it will be repaired. In my opinion this tv in junk. I will never purchase another one.

Original review: July 8, 2021

Had my Philips TV for about 9 months now, but something's always been wrong with it. It worked well for about a day, but after that Netflix stopped working. The Tv would kick me out of whatever I was watching. And it would lag and scratch up like it was a old DVD or something. It also would shut off out of the blue. The buttons on my remote didn't work well any longer so I couldn't cut my Tv up or down. I couldn't even turn it on. So I downloaded a android Tv remote app to my phone, but that didn't fix anything either. So I called Philips in hopes that they'll help me. But all the lady told me to do was give it a software update. And guess what that did.... Absolutely nothing. I really hate that I spent almost 400 dollars on this tv.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

I bought the TV 14 months ago. We set the restricted mode for our kids. We were exiting when we need to with the pin. One day the pin started not to work. It does not say the pin is wrong. If I enter the wrong pin it says the wrong pin. I called customer service and they could not figure it out. They said, "You do not have a factory warranty." I need to pay to get it fixed.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

I bought this tv and brought it home. No issues for just over a month. Then, it started glitching. So I called Philips, set up to have this one replaced. They put a $50 hold on my card to assure they got the broken tv back. The new one came, we set it up with no issue. Set the broken on back. They received the broken tv. Within 3 days the replacement tv was doing the same thing. So I called Philips again and the guy was rude and told me I could only get another replacement. I asked for a refund because 2 tvs doing the same thing, I wasn't going for a 3rd. The guy was even more rude when I asked for a refund. But eventually agreed. Then I asked if they were going to send a box for this to returned in. He said, "No it's your problem." I asked what happened if I sent it back and it was damaged in shipping, he said I'd be billed for the damage.

At this point I was aggravated by his rudeness and asked for a supervisor. Once I spoke to the supervisor and was assured I wouldn't be charged if it was damaged I agreed to send it back. They said within 2 weeks of receiving the tv back that they would issue my refund check. It has now been 6 weeks and nothing. So we called them yesterday and they couldn't find the tv in the system at first, once they did he said it could be another 4-6 weeks until we get the refund for the tv. NEVER again will I buy a PHILIPS product, the quality is poor, but the customer service is the absolute worst. I'll take my money elsewhere.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

Ok so I purchased my tv at the end of April 2020 and I was sooo happy. Well sit 3 months later my tv first start not connecting to Netflix. Called customer service and she said it’s the tv after about 7 calls. So I finally reached out to Phillips since I didn’t think I would need a receipt. Only after 3 months there nothing they can do. So I spent my hard earn money on something that lasted 3 months. I would never buy this brand again. If you want a tv that freeze, turn off, WIFI disconnect then this is the brand for you.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2020

Bought this TV at Wal-Mart, had it for 1 year now. It constantly restarts itself randomly. My Netflix runs okay, a little slow to start but Hulu and some other apps are completely unusable due to buffering, freezing, etc. I have high speed fiber internet so that is not the issue. This TV is junk. The remote doesn't work half the time or it is so delayed and if you hit too many buttons too fast, like adjusting the volume or scrolling it will freeze and jump around and more than likely restart. Worst TV I have ever bought, seems like several others have had this issue and Philips doesn't care. Buyer beware.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2020

Bought TV in April 2020. It updated June 24th and locked me out. Got stuck in Restricted mode. Called Phillips 12 times till I finally got a tech appointment 3 weeks later. (Had to wait for new board to be sent to install tech.) Install tech came to house, put new board in then ran out of house. Tv now doesn't even power on and most of the board pieces are on my living room floor and the tv stand legs are now broken because the tech screwed the legs into the tv, not the assigned pre-drilled holes, the capacitor that was supposed to be soldered on circuit board was on my floor.

Wonder why it doesn't work. I build computers for a living so I know what the part was and what he messed up. Now after $350 and no tv for a month I now have to wait for a new tech to come out and fix the last techs screw up. I have already replaced tv with an LG smart TV which I give a big thumbs up and it's rated #1 in Consumer Affairs. If you look at any of the reviews take not to this, DON'T BUY A PHILLIPS TV, THEY ARE GARBAGE. By the way, they are owned by HISENSE TV China Base company. It's a low budget tv company trying to push garbage out under Phillips name look in to it.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2020

Bought 2 Google Android TVs and even brand new they are junk. The remotes don't work usually, they had to send me a different one after paying $25 on Amazon for the 2nd one. It takes 15 minutes to get a show to play because I have to unplug and plug back in several times a day. The shows and movies skip constantly and to help I even put in a wifi extender in this small house, but to no avail. When the remote wasn't working g at all, I would have to cast something to watch from my phone. I think we should all get our money back, but I can't find my receipts. A tv shouldn't be used like a phone.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

At first, I was impressed, I liked all the apps, the color and short cuts the remote has, but after only a few months it started failing. Apps wouldn’t open, it would take 20 minutes to get to something because of how slow it was, and I have to restart my tv almost every day because it fails to open any of the apps. At first, we thought it was the remote but even after we replaced the batteries it still fails to use the voice command and takes way too long to get somewhere on the tv. I have to reconnect to the internet and unplug my tv every day just to watch something for it to work. I DO NOT RECOMMEND.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2020

The Android tv they sell is junk. Overseas tech support. The tv has to be unplugged several times a day and Netflix, Vudu, Youtube, Hulu all have to be reinstalled almost daily to make them work. It’s an absolute worthless tv. HATE IT!!! Picture is good when it works before it freezes.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

After 1 episode loses sync with WiFi and need to unplug TV, wait about 10 seconds and replug TV into outlet to resolve. Bought at Walmart but they stopped selling the brand Philips TV for some reason. Don't waste your money.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

So I've had this Philips Android tv for a year and it has a mind of its own which is unacceptable. Turn on and off without the remote, up and down on its own. Opens new apps while I'm watching something else like it's been hacked right out the box. Never again will I buy and I'm thinking of petitioning for a mass lawsuit, with all that has bought this scam tv.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

Android system works well. Great picture & sound installed. Factory apps all work. Add more thru Playstore. Faultless casting to tv via android phone. Easy. No problems. With remote. 4k content via blueray or internet. Excellent. Only 1 flaw for me is a small backlight bleed in a darkened room. Had tv for 3 months. Very very happy. Ambilight not a gimmick. Great experience.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

I bought the Philips smart TV November 2019. It hasnt even been a year and the tv is completely dead. The tv has always had issues from the jump. Constantly turns on and off on its own and always disconnecting from the internet. The remote does not work the buttons do nothing when pushed and when I try to turn the volume up it just staggers going up and down. ABSOLUTELY HATE THIS TV! Will never purchase anything from Philips ever again.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

When trying to use apps I get an Error on the screen and the machine then shuts down. This started happening after one year. The Apps (Netflix and Tubi) said I need to get a firmware update. I called Phillips Tech support and they wanted me to take the TV OFF THE WALL to give them the model number. I paid someone to install it and can’t take it down. Anyway I told them it was a 2018 Ultra 4k model and they said if I didn’t dismount it and give them the numbers on the back they couldn’t help me! Someone told me Firmware updates have been an ongoing problem with Philips TVs for the past 10 years, and it is apparent that they do nothing to correct an obvious design flaw. I have had my TV for a year and now I want to buy another because they have been so difficult. Buyer Beware...

Original review: Sept. 8, 2020

This is the WORST TV purchase ever. TV shuts off in the middle of programs, will not connect to apps, remote does not work, turn on & off button does not work. TV gets stuck on and will not turn off!! HORRIBLE WASTE OF MONEY.

Original review: July 29, 2020

This tv shut off. You continuously reset it and you call to talk to someone they want to charge you 5.00. What a rip. Mine is 2 months old but will be returned tomorrow for a different brand. Mine is 65 in. android tv. They are trash.

Original review: July 10, 2020

TV doesn't stream, contacted company jumped through all their hoops and they won't process a service request because one of the pictures was "too blurry." All they had to do was expand or magnify it and they refused.

Original review: July 6, 2020

It turns itself off and back on to reset at least 3 times a day. Constantly disconnecting from the WIFI. Takes about a minute to go to home screen after you push home button. Don't waste your money. Huge piece of junk. Model# 65pfl5604/F7.

Philips TV Company Information