Philips TV

Philips TV
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.77/5

Unsubscribe at any time.

Philips TV Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips TV?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips?

Original review: March 19, 2020

I bought my TV in December of 2019.The tv lags horribly. If I turn up the volume too fast it quits to home screen. It force crashes often for no reason. I cannot use any of the smart tv functions without issues. If I run Netflix, Hulu, or other streaming apps from my laptop using tv as monitor I have no problems but as soon as I rely on the TV'S internal processor I have problems. Customer service is nonexistent. I have called many times without ever speaking to another human being. Total waste of money. Also the speakers suck. I use sound bar anyway but still. Everything about this TV is crap. I'm sure if I bought the cheapest comparable tv I would have gotten the same if not better quality all around. In summary, the money I spent on this TV would have been of more value to me if I had burnt it to heat my home. Scratch that...if I burnt it for the sheer entertainment of looking at fire.

Original review: March 13, 2020

I bought my Philips tv 2 weeks ago and a brand new HDMI cable. It worked perfectly for over 2 weeks then stopped. When I contacted the company they just said it wasn't MHL compatible so they couldn't help me. Even though it worked flawlessly before. I asked if they had a tv that was MHL compatible they said no. So if you expect to use your phone or other device for streaming don't buy Philips.

Original review: March 7, 2020

I bought a new 75in 4k tv from Aaron's. Worked great for 5 months then out of nowhere no pic no sound. I discovered that if I unplug the HDMI and plug it back in it worked so called cable company. They said it was the box. I changed it out. Still same issue. Called them again. They said hdmi cable. Bought a new one. Still nothing. Called back. They sent a tech. He ran all new lines to the main connection outside. Still nothing. Called aaron's. They gave me the run around about warranting it. Called Philips. They never heard of a tv doing that. Said they can't help cause it's over a year old but I bought it new from aaron's so they had it sitting around I guess. So finally I got them to agree to another tv we will see what happens.

Original review: March 5, 2020

They sell defective TVs! I bought my tv 3 months ago and the picture went. The TV is unfixable!! The customer service is horrible and has been giving me the run around for the last 3 weeks!!! Absolutely ridiculous!!!!

Original review: March 5, 2020

Bought 32" Philips Roku. Problem with audio from the start that is to say there is no audio half the time. Multiple service calls to customer service which is only available 8a to 8p CST, Monday through Friday. Service located outside the states. Cable company came out but after switching boxes twice determined it was the tv and not cable box. Very poor customer service. Taking this back after 6 frustrating days. Total time on phone with Philips = 5 hours. Cable guy spent 2. Never buying Philips again.

Original review: March 2, 2020

I bought the Phillips 55in4K smart tv (no HDR sadly). Great tv all around in quality for the price. But the lack of proper instructions hurt the product. They don’t clearly tell you that In order to use 4K on the HDMI ports you must go to tv settings > installation > preferences > HDMI mode and switch each HDMI port to normal and not legacy. Xbox one s/x user and PS4 pro users usually buy for that in particular. And without this info you’d be under the impression that it’s not 4K compatible. I hope this helps the customers that are frustrated by this issue.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

I bought a UHD 4k tv and it does not support 4k. I would have not bought the tv if I have known that. False ad, I am disappointed that I can't see how 4k is. Every time I tried to setup it says my tv is not 4k/hdr compatible when it says 4k uhd at the bottom left corner of my tv.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

I purchased this TV 2 weeks ago new. Upon watching movies we cannot get a full screen. I go to format and it is grayed out or not an option, only wide screen. No zoom or full screen option. I contacted Phillips where I was informed picture format does not work on apps. You must have a cable box. It is the app, I informed him on my Element I have options on the same movie, just not this tv. Nothing they can do, so I watch a small screen on a 65" TV. Do not recommend this TV and Phillips customer service is terrible.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

This is the worst brand of TV I have ever bought. Not only did it stop receiving my wireless satellite a few weeks after I bought it, but the Roku customer service is the worse I have ever encountered. That's saying a lot. They don't know the product and they charge you double for the apps if you don't go through Roku to sign up. Unhelpful all the way around. DO NOT BUY THIS BRAND OF TV.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

Our kids bought a Phillips Smart TV less than 2 years ago for us on Christmas. About 6 months ago it started having issues by not staying on. It turns on for a few seconds then shuts off. A new TV less than 2 years should not stop working. I called Phillips and there’s nothing they can do since the 1 year warranty is up. They offered to give me a local TV repair shop number at our own expense. Not an option Phillips, y’all should stand behind your product. We will never purchase a Phillips product ever.

Philips TV Company Information