Mitsubishi TVs and Electronics

Compare TV Brands

Research top TV Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

This TV is over 20 yrs old & works great!! I have a new one sitting here just waiting for this to go out but it hasn't. It's a bit large & bulky and screen is about 36 and can't move myself but that's ok. It's perfectly fine for what I use it for. It's great for my usage and never any issues. This Mitsubishi has held up great. I hate to toss it out just to use new TV but not sure what to do with it???

I use Mitsubishi as my tv for 25 yrs now and have had no trouble with it. I will keep buying this brand. There's no better for my family use.

Mitsubishi TV takes several seconds for the picture to come up. The picture is not perfectly clear. The closer you move to the TV, the unclearer it becomes. It is no clearer than the old tube type TV. I would recommend a TV that takes advantage of the new technology that has a much clearer picture. I do not like the fact that the TV has to warm up before the picture comes up. Also the sound system is second class.

I have the 63" projection and we just love this TV. The original bulb lasted thousands of hours, the second, not so much. But the picture is beautiful with the extra magenta color that they add. I would recommend this TV to anyone.

I have had this Mitsubishi TV for over ten years and it only gave me trouble once. I liked my tv ever since I purchased it, it gave me good service and I only upgraded because it was not a smart tv, otherwise it is still working in another room.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mitsubishi?

For a 73" under $700 delivered 5 years ago it's working like new. It's a Great set. We bought an extra bulb 2 years ago "just in case bulb went bad". But it has never been replaced. 1,000's of hours gaming and movie watching.

We bought a 60" WD-60735 DLP TV and have experienced all the same problems people have mentioned on this site along with 1000's all over the internet. We spent a small fortune on their products and yet they do nothing to correct their defective products. We just started having the "white dot" syndrome again and called Mitsubishi explaining we are NOT happy that this is happening again. They told us that they can't do anything and that we should buy our replacement part from a place called ShopJimmy. They want like $185+ for this DLP chip... apparently Mitsubishi must have sold off or are in cahoots with this company to rape people this much for what amounts to outdated technology.

We can spend a $100 or so more and get a brand new set without all this B.S. Our recommendation is simple... Don't but anything from this company (Electronics, Cars, etc...) as they are as corrupt as most politicians and don't care one bit about their customers. Also, if anyone is interested in filing a Class Action lawsuit against them, let's do it - We're in!

Bought a 65 inch DLP TV, model WD-Y65 12-27-06 and original bulb lasted a little over four years . Replacement bulb at $180.00 lasted about one and a third years. Third bulb at 200.00 lasted one year. Fourth bulb at $220.00 lasted eleven months. All bought thru Mitsubishi. Each time I wanted some compensation... NONE! I even bought the extended warranty which was for four years and as you can tell that was a waste. So I refused to buy the next bulb which would have been $230.00 and let the TV sit for one and a half years before I was talked into buying from another source. Back in business for $58.00! Mitsubishi, my question to you is $58.00 vs $230.00... What's wrong with this picture? (No pun intended)! $58.00 isn't acceptable but $230.00 is! NEVER, NEVER, NEVER again will I ever buy anything Mitsubishi again! All Mitsubishi had to do... what's right. $3400.00 I paid and Mitsubishi does this! NEVER again!

I don't see how anyone could rate this tv a 5 star. It's constantly costing money to keep watching it. You have to buy lamps and keep spares just in case (how embarrassing is it when your tv just goes black on you while you're having a part). Then you'll start with one dot that will multiply into 1000's in no time. Which this issue was once covered under the DLP Chip Recall for Texas Instruments. In 2017, they stopped honoring the recall on the DLP chip.

The cost of the DLP chip $175 on ebay.com so now I'm trying to decided if it's worth putting more money into and investing the $175 for the chip. I do know how to replace the chip which most places will charge $200 plus to replace but still there is no guarantee that the replacement chip will last either. I'm considering just watching it till it gets too annoying and just throwing it away. I'm unsure if Mitsubishi is still in the television market or not but I'll never buy another Mitsubishi television that is for sure.

I was watching TV yesterday and noticed these white dots on the screen. At first I thought there was damage to the screen itself. I bought the monster in 2009, and I have replaced the bulb several times over the years, but this white dot issue had me stumped. So I came across this site and started to read about all the problems people are having with these sets, and the problems with MITSU customer service.

I did contact Mitsubishi and had ZERO problems. She was polite and helpful. They will be replacing the DLP chip next week for the usual $200 + tax. While I can replace the chip myself, it's easier and convenient for them to do so. I spent $3300 in 2009. 225.00 is not a lot to spend on repairs. Considering the price for a comparable UHD tv in that size would be almost twice what I paid.

I have a 73in I brought in 2008 and a 82in in 2010. First the 73in started acting up. Lamp only lasting 6 months. White dots. Cost a lot in repairs so it sits covered in my dining room. The 82in bulb lasted 6 years but last week the tv just died. I've tried changing the lamp. Nothing is working. Do not buy these tvs. After a few years they stop working and hard to get rid of because of size I once enjoyed.

This tv has a great picture. The sound is lacking. Since I bought the tv in 2009 I have replaced 6 bulbs. When I contacted Mitsubishi for bulbs, they were helpful and quick to deliver them. They are expensive so I started buying aftermarket bulbs. I also had hundreds of black and white spots on the picture and had to replace the dlp chip. Then the ballast quit working and it was almost impossible to find a replacement at a decent price. As for maintenance, this is the most expensive tv I have ever owned. The good part, so far I am able to replace the parts myself. I rate Mitsubishi's parts department employees very good for their eagerness to help and ability to ship parts quickly. As for the WD73736 TV, I rate it very poor or worse.

My Mitsubishi WD-65733 65 inch TV was purchased brand new around 2009 and about a year or so later, white and black dots starting showing up and multiplying making it unviewable over the course of time. My old parents decided not to do anything because they couldn't afford any repair costs along with the dissatisfaction they have received from purchasing a TV only to break down a couple years down the road. Very dissatisfied with the Mitsubishi quality.

Deciding to take the matters on hand, I called Mitsubishi's customer care. Coming into the call, I had researched and found out that many had the same problem with the Mitsubishi TVs. Reading numerous forums, most of them were able to get it fixed for 200 plus tax for the labor cost only with Mitsubishi covering the broken part (DLP chip). However, the representative claimed that they will NOT cover the most expensive part to break from their POS model of TVs because it is a 7 year old TV. This goes to show that they won't stand behind their products, KNOWING that this is the one problem experienced by many and there is no issue of any recall. So all I say is BUYER BEWARE, from all Mitsubishi products and save yourself a headache and lots of money from this POS company.

73" Rear Projection TV Model WD 73735 - We paid around $3000 for our Mitsubishi 73" tv several years ago. We were definitely robbed! Our tv only lasted about 4 yrs before we lost it due to the "white death", as it's being called. We first had one white dot on our screen but the dots quickly multiplied! So much so that we had to eventually turn it off because we couldn't see the picture.

I called Mitsubishi & was, at first, thrilled to hear that it was a known problem with the DLP Chip & that they would replace at no charge. Great! Or so I thought! Nothings ever for free, right??! The only 'catch' was that we had to pay one of their certified technicians to come out & actually do the labor. I then found out that was to the tune of $200-$300! Well, had I not fallen ill in the year after we bought the thing & lost my job, that might would have been doable. As it stood, there was no way to spend that extra cash on the tv. We were told to call back when we could. Well, that was a few years ago.

In the meantime, we have a pitiful looking 32" sitting in front of our once 'pride & joy'! After looking at it today & giving it more thought, I became furious!!! Why should we not be able to enjoy our 73" tv??? We bought & paid for it. I even asked Mitsubishi to just send the chip. They refused. Now, I saw on another website that our TV Model may be one that they no longer cover???

After reading pages & pages of complaints about this same complaint today, I'm in disbelief that no attorney has jumped on a class action lawsuit against Mitsubishi! I'm going to send out an email to as many attorneys that I can find today & ask for someone to take my case! You've got to stand for something! I encourage every owner of this hunk of junk TV to do the same. We were all robbed!! The only satisfaction that I've been able to get from my big screen still sitting behind the little TV is that it has given me the opportunity to tell everyone who enters our home exactly who the manufacturer is & what they've done to us. NEVER, EVER BUY FROM MITSUBISHI OR ANYONE THAT THEY ARE AFFILIATED WITH!!! I'd like to add that it speaks volumes that this company doesn't participate with Consumer Affairs or the Better Business Bureau! They couldn't handle the amount of complaints!

I contacted Mitsubishi about the white dots on my TV (73" DLP Tv). They are replacing the chip for free. But I pay the tech $200.00 to come out and replace it. The TV is a 2009. I have just replaced the bulb in it. So for a 7-yr old TV, I have put $254.00 into it in 7 yrs. That is GREAT!!! I love the picture quality of the TV. Can't wait for football season!!!

This company is terrible. They make substandard televisions that require numerous repairs. Avoid even if it is free. I will NEVER purchase another Mitsubishi in this lifetime.

I have a 65 inch Mitsubishi TV. Love the TV, but out of nowhere it just stopped working. Multiple suggestions to fix issue. None worked. Wanting to know if there is A RECALL.

I bought my television in 2008 and it's a 60" wd-60735. I'm glad the replacement bulbs have come down to a reasonable price and aren't too difficult to do myself. That DLP chip that goes bad and causes all the white dots is still pricey and not the easiest thing to install. So if you watch the video, take pictures, and write down notes, it can be done but you have to have faith that the one you bought is good and that you don't damage it during the installation. Since this very small part costs almost $200 for a 60 inch tv that's old and may have other things ready to go bad, that doesn't seem wise. I have already bought two much cheaper televisions, a Hisense and a Sceptre that are both 55" and have much better pictures. The Sceptre is a 4k HD that I bought on Black Friday and the Hisense is a HD smart tv. I purchased them both for about $400 at Walmart with a 3 year extended warranty.

Texas Instrument needs to lower the price for that DLP chip if they intend to keep selling them. The Mitsubishi TVs are just about beyond any shelf life, they take up too much room, and they are very heavy compared to modern thin screens selling today. Mine is in the garage now but will probably be heading to a recycle dump unless this part gets priced below $100 in the next three or four months.

I own a 60" Rear projection TV made by Mitsubishi. It has started to get the white death (white dots on screen from failing DLP chip). Internet search located info of free replacement of chip. This is a 10 minute repair at best if you have any computer skills. In contacting Mitsubishi (a 2 day process) it was determined that it was a free replacement but only if you use their Certified Warranty Repair Center for Labor. This is a $200++ charge for them to come out. I discussed just picking up the chip from the Warranty Center and they informed me that even though the chip was free, and the TV was out of warranty, and it WAS an easy fix, they would lose their certification if they did not install it according to Mitsubishi.

Obviously the free part replacement is a scam on Mitsubishi's part to pay for part. They were vague when questioned but admitted that Mitsubishi was charging the Service Center for the part and mandating that they are the only ones to replace it so that they can make up the cost and make a profit on a manufacturer's defect repair at the cost to the consumer. BEWARE!! I had previously owned their diamond vision TV which was wonderful and never had any problems with it, which is why I purchased their product when I upgraded. NEVER AGAIN! BUYERS BEWARE!!

After finding my DLP 73 inch TV needed a replacement part. I called to give information as they needed. They say they will quote (send part to the customer for free). Total lie. They now want $300.00 dollars for fixing. I contacted one of their so called big wigs and explained my situation to him. He stated "No we won't send it to customer because I might go and sell it on eBay." After he said that I realized the TV and company was a absolute joke. That's why you don't see their TVs out for sale anymore. Never will I buy any product from them again. Accuse me of selling a part that was supposed to be free, instead of installing it. ARE YOU KIDDING ME.

I bought a 65" TV only to have the stop working 4 months later. It took the company I purchased it from 2 years to so call fix it. They replaced the bulb. I paid it off. 2 days later the bulb blew out again. I saw a white dot but thought it was something on the TV. I didn't pay it much attention. In the meantime, I had to replace the bulb 4 more times. The last time I notice about 10 more dots. Now there is over 100. Mitsubishi claims there is nothing they can do about it. I will never buy from them again. I did not spend over $4000 for this trash.

I own 2 of the Mitsubishi 72" TVs and both had black and white dots showing and then eventually went through the entire screen. The company paid for both to be fixed and replaced approximately 2 years ago. Now I am having the same issue with the one TV again. Mitsubishi is now telling me they no longer can help me. I believe this is BULL and also I have replaced the light bulbs in both 4 times since I have owned them. Rather an expensive maintenance for a $3,000 dollar TV.

I do not know the model but the make is above. It's a wide screen TV but a very old one but has continued to work just fine. My brother had it for 8 years and I have had it for going on 9 years and neither one of us have had a single problem with it. The color is great, etc. Just keeps on ticking!!!

An Older Mitsu. 734 series WD-73734 year 2007, A DLP. Original lamp still holding strong, great blacks, knows what inputs are active. Should buy a lamp before these are not made anymore.

We purchased our Mitsubishi about 9 years ago - it is a 68" screen DLP. Mitsubishi replaced the bulb after 2 years (cost of bulb and technician fully covered - Mitsubishi indicated the original bulb may have been defective). We replaced the bulb once again 2 years ago - cost about $70. We have had no other problems in all these years.

This television needed constant repairs of costs over $750 for each repair... It did not have much life and would never buy this brand again. The extended warranty expired in three years and that's when the Mitsubishi Projection television floor model 55 inch screen started to have trouble once a year. Repairs were made to the power supply unit and other source. After having several repairs done I decided to give up on this television that when originally bought it had many features and a great picture but it did not last.

We have several TVs and are very happy with all of them. The 60 inch Mitsubishi is about 12 years old and still works great. The 3 flat screens are newer and are from 20 inch to 60 inch and are great.

Purchased from specialty dealership store. Set was a bit pricey but features were top notch and this has been reliable for eight years. Every place projection three times, which seems par for the course.

I have had this TV for 7 years. It is 73" projection DLP and has been a great TV. I would buy this brand again and am very happy with this purchase. It has great clarity and the sound is awesome.

Mitsubishi knows that a key component of ALL their big screen TVs is defective, but kept using it for many years. They argue that it's not their error, and expect consumers to trash their sets after a few years or pay them for the repair. After spending several thousand dollars on a TV set, I expect it to last longer than the warranty period. If you doubt this, search the internet and you will quickly see thousands of complaints and a class action lawsuit against Mitsubishi.

Mitsubishi TVs and Electronics Company Profile